FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+11
Buzzwulf
Blackrock
Gabe
Hello Danger
Sighlent
Guilty Carrion
Dax
Loki
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Bird of Hermes
15 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 17 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Gadreille Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 am

It's not just nasty messages. It's demands. They seem simple.
"Person A wants A"
"Person B wants B"
"A and B" cannot work simultaneously
GM makes decision
Person A and/or Person B argues with GM until they are satisfied or GM puts the hammer down.

Do you see what I mean? Over and over again this happens. If it was rare fine, but ALL the TIME I am faced with these silly obligations, And I or Silv have to deal with it. Very few people in this RP are exempt from this.

A true collaboration should in most cases be this:
"Person A wants A"
"Person B wants B"
"A and B" cannot work simultaneously
Person A and B work it out, or one gives in to the other out of courtesy which should be respected by all others in the RP.

This is not happening.

Anyway, you guys know where I stand. I'll hang on as long as anyone else will. I'll get on later this week and see how everyone else is doing. If anyone is staying, I'll post on thursday, Since I have a presentation and report due on Wednesday.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 am

I don't feel stress any more. My feelings are mostly apathetic.

Despite the issues I've been having with this game, I'm content to continue until the end of the Council.

I'm not angry with any specific people in general. I understand that the issues I have are my own feelings, and I don't want to place blame on any one person when it's Emoria as a whole that's really getting to me.

I'm fine with others working through whatever issues they may have, but I'll pass on trying to work through mine.

I feel peaceful knowing I'm finishing what I started with my part, and I'm content to let others expand past the council without me.

I'm not exempt from the stressful process Ryona and Silvone have been having with people A and B. I also know that I don't want to deal with being person A or person B any more, and there's no reason to involve others in something that's easily remedied with my departure.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon May 10, 2010 1:47 am

Aha, so Ryona's saying that my presupposition that "We are willing to work together" is not true for several of us. If that's true, then as I said, they should change that or leave.

I guess I'll wait a bit and see who's still staying. It's good to know Ryona's still here (until she is no longer able to have internet?).

How about, as I suggested, a continuity challenge thread? That way (hopefully) there can be more working together and less make-the-GM-solve-everything. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon May 10, 2010 1:55 am

I just realized that it sounds like I'm leaving because I was recently person A or B. I simply meant that in the past I've been part of that, and in order to prevent it at the present I'm leaving.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 3:18 am

The World-Building thread should suffice as the continuity challenge thread. That was its intended purpose, anyway. I suppose what it needs is someone to simply state the things that need to be addressed and worked through. It is something we may need to do every once in a while just to keep things running smoothly.

I guess I can start off with a list, and everyone else can add to it with whatever is on their mind (you too, Kathryn, if you don't mind. I know you don't plan on staying, but your input can only help).

Oh, and for the record, I haven't yet left Emoria. I've left FOG proper, but I can't make myself abandon Emoria and Sephiris...not yet anyway. I'll be around in the background whenever I can.

Look for the list in the World-Building OOC. I'll have it up soon.

As for the issues addressed above, let me clarify some things. Real-life issues = stress. Immense amounts of stress. Not the least of which is an issue I'm going through at my job, where everyone is telling me not to act (for job security reasons) when all I want to do is lash out and make things right (which will never happen anyway). I expected to graduate this spring, but that isn't going to happen because of a single class. I have to start thinking about moving and getting a new job and all of the stress that is going to bring on me as well.

The last point I want to make here: I designed this role-play to be a project based soley on group collaboration. I started this role-play, yes. Ryona and I organized it and managed it as best we could, with the help of everyone creating their world-spaces and such. As far as claiming world-spaces and stuff, everything went perfectly. Unfortunately...that was kind of it. There was no collaboration when it came to melding the world together. Arguments sprang up, and only ended when one side gave in. I know some groups worked together to make alliances or histories or future plots and all of the that. That is great, really. I don't want such achievements to go unnoticed. But that is the easy part. The hard part is making something work when neither sides are happy. The solution isn't: "fine, have it your way." That is what happened more often than not. There was a lot of: "I posted this first, so it has priority" instead of explanations of why it should be that way and suggestions as to how both sides could merge their ideas. As far as that goes, I think we failed miserably, or more lightly we are in the process of failing. Hopefully this list thing can help address those issues. We will have to see.

Because of how things turned out, I started losing interest in managing the role-play. You have no idea how disappointing it is seeing the whole thing fall apart as we lose player after player because of simple little issues. And

yes

I accept a big portion of that responsibility and resulting blame. I should have been more thorough in reading through character sheets. In all honestly, that was a lot of stuff to read! And I was sacrificing homework time to read it. Perhaps I wasn't ready for this project myself. So I admit that the core of the problem lies with me. I should have been better prepared, more thorough in the beginning. Then we wouldn't have many of the problems we have now. But, as FOG is my first role-playing adventure, Emoria is my first attempt at managing a role-play. It has been a learning experience. I would like to correct that now.

I will still be here, role-playing in Emoria as long as it remains active, and as long as I retain access to the internet. I will not be in charge (and honestly I don't think it needs anyone to be in charge for it to survive) though I will do my part, as we all should, to see it through hard times.

I really don't want any of you to think that you are a detriment to the role-play, as we each add to the story as a whole. So when I create the list in the World-Building OOC, please don't take anything I say personally. I have the interests of all of us in mind.

That is all. Vader

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon May 10, 2010 3:25 am

First off, I want to state that I am extremely thankful for all those who put so much effort into this RP (both the GMs and those who put in the long hours to set up the framework for Emoria in general.) I can also see where they are coming from and how they could be getting frustrated with the way some things are going. Leading an RP in general is no easy task; leading one of this scale is a rarity in of itself and the fact that it has made it this far is no simple feat.

So for Silvone, Kathryn, and Ryone: If you chose to leave, I bid you no ill will and thank you for all the effort you put into Emoria to get this thing going in the first place. For those who are considering leaving FoG; I do wish that you don’t let this deter you from FoG as a whole, but it is ultimately your choice in the end and all I can do is hope that your overall experience with these forums is worth overlooking a few bad experience. Of course, this is coming from an outside observer who doesn’t know the whole story behind your decision, so take whatever value you deem worthy of that simple request.

That said, I will also be continuing with this RP until it reaches its end (either by design or lack of interest) and hope that there is still enough of a following for this RP to continue. If there is a need for a GM to step up, I’m also willing to offer a hand in the form of a neutral negotiator (either as an acting GM or simply an assistant). If there is any way I can be of assistance to this RP, or FoG in general, I will not hesitate to do my best to assist those in need. Of course, I am only one person who has limitations like anybody else. I like to think that I have been flexible with any decisions regarding any RP I’ve been involved with; should this not be the case please send me a PM regarding any misstep I have taken so that it could be worked out or so that I can simply be aware of said mistake.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:26 am

I do not plan to leave and will gladly help out if possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 10, 2010 7:22 am

Over the next couple days, I'm going to reread everything. And I do mean everything. I'm going to find every scrap of information I can, and then I'm going to attempt to help sort out this mound of rubbish that's clogging this RPs veins.

As for staying, I won't leave an rp till it's done. Not changing that now, but I'd just like to say that, while it's probably not as bad as Ryona and Silvone's problems, I am cranked up to 11 right now, because I am SO sick of all the drama this RP is making. I mean seriously, I feel like I'm in a bloody damm soap opera half the time. And the other half of the time, I just feel like I'm ignored. I don't know how true that is, but its kinda odd how whenever certain people post(I ain't jabbing fingers, cause if I start, I don't know how long it'll be till I stop) they are always addressed. Always, while others are just kinda brushed over.

That's my two cents. I'm going to attempt to sleep, because it's 5:30, and I've been so riled about this, I haven't been able to close my eyes without wanting to bludgeon something.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 am

I agree. This is getting too drama-filled. I hear you, Plague.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 pm

There are two main things that are the problem in this undertaking. It's bloody huge and I mean it. This leads us to the inevitable many people with many opinions situation. There's simply no way to go around that. What the biggest problem is, however, from what I've noticed - some people are not prepared to deal with others' opinion. Simple as that, to be honest. Oh yes, and as mentioned, the drama. Kicking up such a fuss over small misunderstandings is just laughable. And as for the sudden wave of honesty that seems to have engulfed us - I cannot see why now. From what I gather, these things have been happening for quite some time, why the outburst now? At the end? Meh.

I can't claim to have any opinion on what others are doing. Their world-space, their rules. That's how I've viewed this from the moment I joined. I haven't put half as much time in the overall setting than most of you have, so I do not view it as my place to judge. I'm merely content with the country and culture I've established and how they clash with the rest of the world. Or that was the idea anyway, we'll see.

I'm still up for this and patiently waiting for the time I deem right for my post. Although I doubt it (after all, my country is small and isolated so there), if anyone has problems with me - I'm always down for a chat, either via PM's or MSN.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 10, 2010 12:31 pm

I'll be leaving FOG for reasons other than what is going on here. I have to get used to not being dependent upon the internet, for the only reason I have access to it is because of school. No school, no need for internet, and I don't want to pretend I can afford it when I'm paying for rent.

Emoria I'm with as long as I have internet, or access to it through public means.

As for the list, I'm leaving that up to you guys to talk about. I've done enough collaborating, you guys can hash out issues with each other (those who remain and still have them) and if there is anything that you need decided with Ryona's Big GM Stick then you can PM me. If someone has an issue with my country they can PM me as well, but like Blackrock, I've kept mine low key and non effective upon other world spaces. I'll post when I can, but as I keep saying over and over again I have a lot of homework (that I should be working on right now). I don't know if people skip over when I say that, or don't comprehend the work load, or don't care, but I'll say it again: my absence right now is due to school work, not drama.

The wave of honesty was just a triggering of stress build up over a long period of time. I've said it before: a lot of it was through PM's so you guys don't know the extent of the issues that I have had to work through for Emoria.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon May 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I really don't want to put any undue stress on you, Ryona. I am going through finals right now and it's a pain. Such is getting an education.

I really don't know much of what you get in PMs, so I really cannot solve that issue. Whatever issues any one has, perhaps they should be talking about it to everyone instead of burdening you with it.

I feel that, somehow, we ended up with all this unnecessary drama. We're better than this, people! If you have an issue, bring it out in the open. Don't let it build up and throw it out there when it is too late.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon May 10, 2010 5:24 pm

This whole thing is starting to get to me. I see where Silvone and Ryona are coming from. IRL stress is a constant! While I don't have a baby, and I'm not yet in school (untill this fall) I have my share of irl stress! I have my own apartment, which I can't now afford due to monthly fines/charges probation costs me (yes I know its my own fault, but still). I can't drive because my license is suspended for 6 months, so I'm always having to find a ride to and from work, which starts to prove hard when my 'friends' stop answering their phones because of it. Not to mention if I'm having trouble making rent, so I'm obviously having problems paying other bills/not going out to have fun. What I'm getting at is that one my outlet from all the BS of rl is RPing.

While it may not seem like I've put forth a lot of effort IC for this RP, but I have gone out of my way for it. I don't have internet at my place, yet I still find a way to post and keep up with everything. Why? Because I like it, and its fun for me. I obviously don't have the added stress Silvone and Ryona have with being GM's, but from the sounds of it they at one point were having fun with Emoria too. What's pissing me off is that WE have nearly driven THREE players out of THEIR story and idea (Emoria is pretty much Silvone, Ryona, and Kathryn's baby)! Three people that I value as people and players, and are a main reason I joined. We need to stop giving people reasons to leave, and give them reasons to stay, and or join. I can promise you NO ONE NEW will join this RP if they see the BS that's been going on.

Let's work together.

ps- sorry for the rant :/
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey I think I had a very large role myself in making this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Raptorman wrote:Hey I think I had a very large role myself in making this.

I don't want to go into that remark, kinda goes against everything we've been talking about so far...

Anyway, I have some excuses to make, for I have been part of the 'problem', (hell, we all have, ) but now more importantly, we are all part of the solution.

Personally, I don't get that everyone is coming out right at breaking-point like Kalon said, but hey, that's your choice.

I know, for one, I have spent way too many hours on this thing to simply let aside and at least not try to help resolve and keep as many memebers as possible. So I think that we should actually start putting the wanted changes into effect. If that's what it takes to keep everyone happy and present, so be it. I will be first in line to make concessions/changes, you name it. No more bickering or flattering of the ego. This is a virtual board of fun, treat it that way.

As for those who have to leave anyway (RL stress I understand perfectly, and just because some people can handle it, doesn't mean everyone can... but not the so-called stress generated from this Rp... this hobby that honestly I accord little significance or thought when I am not at my computer, so stress generated from Emoria and FoG as a whole is 0), I wish you needn't go, but I am certainly not the one to make that decision.

I am sure that, even without certain people, Emoria can still come out of this dilemma stronger than ever and still be the crown jewel of FoG! Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon May 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Everyone: Calm down.

Real life is kicking many people in the derriere. That is understandable. No need to apologize for it.

However, we need to stop with the "ME-ME-ME!" attitude. We all want this story to work here. We don't want the drama. The fact is this: we have many people working on this and you can't always have it your way.

All of this PMing business... Let me say this: if it is /that/ important to the story, just talk about it here. Everyone needs to know what is going on. We are having far too many things that are happening without others knowing and then people get upset about them later.

The 'TLTR' version: If you have a problem, discuss it and realize that we have to compromise.

Now let's keep this place an enjoyable place to be, shall we?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 5:58 pm

I don't plan to quit guys. All I was saying was that I should be recognized as having done a great deal as well. I did make the evil side, almost entirely.

I am not trying to seem pompous or arrogant only saying that I did have an important role and I would like to recognized and not considered random peon in the thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon May 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Raptor, it's cool man. No one thinks that. What I was saying was Silvone, Ryona, Kathryn, and Kalon(I forgot K lol Very Happy) were the ones who initiated the idea. We all have worked hard at building this. I'm not taking anything away from you. The four of them just gave us the canvas to make Emoria what it is. Pirate Gun
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:58 pm

I was one of the first 4 people to join the thread. But anyway I don't plan to quit. And please don't go taking my character and making him a npc. that would really suck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

In truth, everyone has contributed. Everyone. No one should be bumped up to "But this is more their's than it is yours" status, because then everything gets convoluted, and those who contribute more feel like they should have more sway over things. It brings egos into what should be a area with as minimal ego as possible, because all it does is make needless friction that this project already has an abundance of already. Seriously.

Not trying to attack you, HD, or anything, but that's just how I feel. Everyone has helped out, and because of that, we're all owners of this. Yes, it's kinda nice to have a grand poobah to settle the scuffles, but everyone deserves to be a poobah.

So, if we're gonna do this, everything needs to be public. No backroom plannings and what not. Things need to be open. Granted, everyone should be allowed their own little secrets, but nothing that is massive and will change the entire course of the RP. Let's act like advanced roleplayers, not first graders fighting over the swings at recess.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I can't help but laugh... Laughing

I think everyone is missing the point. It isn't just about work, it's about attitude. I don't care how much everyone has "contributed", it's the attitudes of some contributors that are ruining it for me. Attitudes ranging from "angry" to "I'm right, you are wrong" to "I can treat you like crap because it's just the internet".

So...I hope that everyone can just tone it down a notch, and maybe direct your energies to fixing inconsitencies and...well....posting?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon May 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Plague, I PMed you. We were getting off topic.

I never miss a point! How dare you, Ryona! I'm right, and you know it! Razz

kidding <3

Yeah, someone should be up to post...

DE?
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Anyone want me to explain the planes again?... -scrambles for her notes-

I can't really 'fix' the Alos or Morgarath issues, but I can do something about the planes being confusing to people.

What is it about them that I need to elaborate about?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon May 10, 2010 10:01 pm

DE has been waiting on me, because of his post before the council, I believe. I have work tonight, and I likely won't get a post done before I leave, but I could try tommorrow morning after work.

I...haven't the foggiest on how the Planes work, in all truth...I kinda thought they were just different dimensions, and at certain points in the world, the bridge between our demension and their demensions were weakest, so we built a structure to harness and tame this rampant energy, and check the flow. So...yeah.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon May 10, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm ready and waiting at any time to make my next post, but I had previously agreed to let Plague make his post first. The situation I left Nilus in at my last post made it awkward to not let Plague respond to it, but I also made the suggestion of editing my post. That idea hasn't been accepted or declined, so I am patiently waiting. If everyone feels like I am stalling the RP then I will amend my previous post, then make my next post to help move things forward. I do what I can to step on nobody's toes, but I do want to get my character interaction in just like everyone else.

I also made a post in the world builder thread about...well...the stuff we're talking about over there.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 am

I realize that I'm dragging this into the dirt, but seriously, am I the only one seeing the problem here?

Raptorman wrote:I don't plan to quit guys. All I was saying was that I should be recognized as having done a great deal as well. I did make the evil side, almost entirely.

I am not trying to seem pompous or arrogant only saying that I did have an important role and I would like to recognized and not considered random peon in the thread.

I have to ask: What the fuck? Your attitude is simply baffling. So what, according to you, there are a couple of people here, important people, and the rest of us are "random peons"? Do you not see why the RP is falling apart? It's because of these pumped-up egos.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't view this as anyone's RP. This isn't Silvone's RP, nor Ryona's RP (and sorry for dragging you two into this, but examples are examples), it belongs to all of us. An idea is just that, an idea. Without people you will never realize it. So yes, while credit must be given for the initial ideas, everything after that belongs to all of us. Every single person has contributed to shaping Emoria, be it with a badass huge post or a simple snippet of information. There are no "important" people here or "random peons", just a bunch of writers. Oh, you (nobody in particular) might say - certain people have characters critical to the story. You know what? It wouldn't be much of a story without the supporting cast of "random peons".

Until some people can look beyond this caste system, there's no point in even trying to set things right.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue May 11, 2010 2:25 am

Danger, you're amazing, but I'm kind of... not really sure how this is my baby more than the baby of everyone else. I kind of always saw it as something to which everyone contributed. Mine is just one nation in an entire world.

I also think that if we're going to give credit to anyone for thinking of the idea originally, it should be Silvone. I think the rest of us just sort of encouraged him to make the first move with it, and Kalon was down with the hard work in making the character portraits.

Raptor, like I said to Danger, your ideas are just one part of a bigger whole. Just because you wanted a character that commands darkness doesn't mean that you're any better than anyone else for having created that piece of the puzzle.

Anyway, I'm completely cool with chilling in this role play and posting until the Council's end. I don't want to cause drama, and I didn't think my leaving would really cause all of this shit to be thrust into the opening, but maybe it was really for the best so you guys can all chat about it all and get things smoothed out for the long haul?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 2:31 am

I totally agree with you, Blackrock. I've been trying to drop hints that this role-play doesn't need a "leader" anymore...but no one else seems to agree. In my opinion, the only person who deserves credit for starting this is Kalon, for his portraits giving me the idea. No one is more important, or deserves more credit, than anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 am

Blackrock, you misinterpreted my meaning. I was attempting to say that no one was really better than anyone else. No one is really a peon in the thread, I just was saying I didn't want to be thought of as one after all the work I put in.

Sorry if I was unclear before. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 9:38 pm

I would really like to hear from Kalon before we move on from this discussion, but I'm not sure where he is at. But, for some good news, we have a new player in Emoria!

Everyone welcome Spectre! [Edit: Ooops x2....]

The details of his world-space will be up whenever he feels ready, and we'll work him into the story however we can. We've got a few ideas at the moment, but it depends on how you guys want to do it. We'll discuss it in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next