FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D'Absinthe Rêves

3 posters

Go down

D'Absinthe Rêves Empty D'Absinthe Rêves

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:39 am

D'Absinthe Rêves (Of Absinthe Dreams) is a role-play focused on the highly anticipated band surrounded by skepticism from fans and critics both. In fact, many from both fronts have spoken out expectancy for the band to fail. This will revolve around the lives of those involved, however, and not just their music. Personal issues, controversies, scandals, drug abuse, media bursts, anything is open to happen with any given member in the band. If at any point anyone involved (you) feels things are starting to get stagnant they are encouraged to suggest/throw in a curve to spice things up as they wish.

Some Backstory:

Gadda-Da-Vida were a cliché example of the explosion force that seldom comes into the mainstream music industry, rising from nowhere to near-instant success after a shoddy and self-invested tour across their native country. In keeping with hard rock traditions of old the band was not immune to disaster. A mere year and a half after obtaining success a fatal car crash in Northern Ireland, on the European leg of their first global tour, took the life of young guitar icon, and Gadda-Da-Vida’s main songwriter, Izzy DaVida. Following his death the band made an attempt to tread onward through the loss, finding a replacement in the at-the-time unknown talent of Alessandro McCormaic. Fans were not pleased with the shift of musical style that occurred when Alessandro and Alex, Izzy’s step-brother, took over the songwriting as things shifted toward a heavier, metal feel and dropping much of the neo-classical and prog-rock influences upon they’re first release. As record sales plummeted and audience numbers staggered the band decided to finish their second tour and disband. As far as everyone was concerned, this was the last they would here from anyone in Gadda-Da-Vida; a tragic loss that would surely be missed.

Razorfever were an underground act, hailing from God knows where. They were a heavily punk influenced hard rock act, so the critics labeled them, with early melodic-death metal oriented melodies/harmonies and intense, aggression filled in-your-face riffs supplied by Sebastian Van Keuren. Razorfever were most known for their on-stage antics and controversies. They were, however, mostly seen as group of men downplaying their talents to a level barely on par with mediocrity. After one too many run-ins with the law, a few two many drug overdoses, and constant fighting within their ranks, Razorfever was unofficially pronounced dead. No comments from any members at the time ever confirmed the claim, each of them giving a final ‘fuck you’ to the others during individual interviews before disappearing from the radar.

Roughly two years after the coincidently close downfalls of both bands, a new project was announced that shocked the music world. Alex Ryker and Sebastian Van Keuren had teamed up to create D'Absinthe Rêves. Sebastian commented in an interview that the music style of the band was ‘Experimental Dark Metal’ and that ‘Forget everything you knew about Gadda-Da-Vida and Razorfever. D'Absinthe Rêves is in no way related, musically, to either of these previous bands. No one should assume a damn thing about what the album will sound like, or that any of our follow up pieces will sound similar.’. When later asked why he felt the need to make the aforementioned comment, Sebastian smirked: ‘Because too many fuck offs out there don’t understand the word Experimental or even have a clue what they’re talking about when they review music. Yes, I’m referring to those pieces of shit critics…’

Musical Direction Example:

Because it is difficult, nearly impossible, to do actual original songs for something such as this without everyone being clueless to what they would really sound like we’ve decided to use songs by various bands that fit into the over aesthetic of the experimental nature of the two musicians. A few that we’ve chosen so far (Which will be on the bands debut album) are as follows:

1. Silent Waters
2. Teardrop
3. Summertime is Gone
4. Dead Winter Days
5. A Desolation Song
6. Mistress of the Dark
7. Fuck You I'm Drunk (Irish Drinking Song)
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

D'Absinthe Rêves Empty Re: D'Absinthe Rêves

Post by Sighlent Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 am

I better not regret this you two...if I do...Gunneh I'ma gonna kick yo ass! So count me in. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

Ya'll still looking for that second guitarist? I've only played the drums in real life, but playing a guitarist seems like a good time.

And, I need more role-plays! I think I have twice as many characters than role-plays that have actually started.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:23 am

Very possibly, going to discuss something with Gunneh regarding this and then I'll get back to you. Is that all right with you?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:24 am

That's fine.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 am

Go ahead and give me a Character Sheet, if you don't mind Hermes, and we'll take it from there?

If that works for you, of course. I'm wary of getting more than five people and then things getting a bit chaotic. And a few other things.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 pm

I will have it up by tomorrow and than you can decide.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down