FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd Think Twice ooc

2 posters

Go down

I'd Think Twice ooc Empty I'd Think Twice ooc

Post by Eternity Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:28 pm

--Summary--
Gabriela and her best friend Apryl go to the city to see a concert collective of hip-hop superstars, and book a hotel staying with the staff and superstars themselves. Through a series of events, Gabi finds herself crushing on one of the guards, though she won't speak up about it. But in the passing of the week, it turns into a night of fiery passions unlike anything she'd felt ever before. When it's time to leave, her savior makes one last return to save her from the same mugger who'd been stopped before. It is then that Gabi realizes what one of the other security guards meant when they called this man a criminal when she witnesses him murder shamelessly. She cannot help but feel the need to know more, to find him, but he knows that if he's found for what had happened, even if against another criminal, he'd be tossed back in the pen. So he has to leave, once and for all...
-
The story would continue about three years after that week of events, and would take place in another city, such as Chicago, where Gabriela has moved to try and get away from her haunting past and those memories of a lover long gone. Here, she gets stuck in the wrong crowd and starts doing all the wrong things that would lead her down the wrong track. But just when she's about to crash and burn, someone familiar shows up in the city. She wonders if she should try to rekindle those old feelings for him, or if she should just continue on her cycle of destruction. And even then, would he aid her, or let her fall? The once innocent girl who is now indulging in more sins than she can contain? But what about him? Would he join her in these habits, or would he rise above and let her go? Or would he bring her to success and rehabilitation with open arms?

I'd Think Twice

It had been two weeks before my 19th birthday. This is when it began, the tale of a man that would forever change my life.

My friend Apryl bought us tickets to go see some wild concert in Richmond. I was excited of course. I mean, I lived in the mountains, a good five miles from any neighbor. And I was just the kind of girl that didn't go out very often. So this was a big deal to me. Especially when she said we'd be spending that week in the Marriott Hotel, where the performing group was going to be.

So off we went, to stay a week in the big city. Little did I know of the events to unfold...

It was Monday, the first day. We saw Common in the lobby talking to a group of people. Apryl went on ahead and talked to him, but I was tired that day. It had been a long drive from Mt. Airy to Richmond; a drive as in, say, two hours which turned into three or four due to logging trucks and packed traffic. I took to the bench in the corner of the lobby, setting my purse down and crossing my legs, smiling as I watched Apryl try to lay moves on the superstar in the lobby of the Marriott. But then, someone tried to mug me! Tried, being the key word. I latched a hand onto the purse, but the man simply jerked my too-slender body from the bench and had me on the ground, my head having hit the metal curved bar of the bench rest. I closed my eyes and let go, groaning as I rubbed my head. I didn't think that the purse was worth it, I just highly disliked the fact that I had my debit card in there. To me, it meant a hell of a lot of work, like contacting my bank and setting too much shit straight. But when I opened my eyes, guess where my purse was?

Standing before me was a man. Broad and strong, wearing a fitted black top and a chain around his neck that held onto the security badge that glistened from his chest's center. I admired this man the moment I saw him. He was nothing like I'd ever seen. He was far from some stick-up-ass country boy who thought I would only be good for sex and housework. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it was something about this body-guard that set me into a state of capricious curiosity. The hunger to know him was insatiable, but of course, my self-confidence was dwindling. Jeez, how often did I get out of the house again?

But we talked. He got my purse back and laid one hell of a five-second ass kicking to that pitiful boy who'd tried to take my stuff in the first place. He told me his name, shook my hand, and even walked me back to my room. He was staying across the hall! Lucky me, right?

When I was back inside the comfort of my own room, I couldn't stop smiling. Apryl thought I was cocoa-bananas, but I wasn't. I promised her that. I was excited, to say the least...

The next day, I got a glimpse of him passing through the lobby with a few other rather built guys. I picked him out like the rest were blurry and dim, and he was brilliant and sharp. I waved rather shyly, and he returned the gesture. It made my heart soar, and all I could think of myself was some foolish late teen in puppy adoration for some man I'd barely even met. I went back to my room and Apryl and I went out, spending the day on the town. And no matter how many boys Apryl cooed at, I found no interest in any of them. I only wanted him...

Wednesday was when I got a little fill in. I saw the show, the concert amazing. Apryl and I were out at the Civic Center early on to see the show. We got front row on the floor, and I could see that man there, so close to me. One of the other guards, after the show, came to my call as I asked a question. I asked who that man was. I knew his name, his age being a few good years older than me. But who was he. The answer I got was unexpected.

A criminal. Stay back kid, if you know what's good for you.

It was Thursday. I think this was when it happened, the drama, the odd feelings of confusion, and the joyous pleasures... I spotted him in the lobby with a redhead, and I mean she was gorgeous. Curves, expensive clothes, flowing hair like threads of smooth ginger spice, pale skin freckled like a finch egg, and long legs that stood in what had to be impossibly high and thin heels. I admired her ability to walk in those things, but it was a killer to my ego. She was talking to him. Talking so boldly, a confidence in the sway of her hips, and a coy twist to her painted red lips. She was too gorgeous, and he smiled back at her. The way he smiled at me. God, what made me think that it would work out? What made me think that I could be that bold?

She ended their conversation with a sultry kiss that parted his lips and left the taste of his tongue remnant in her mouth. The taste in my mouth was like ash and sandpaper. My throat was dry, my eyes set hard. I don't know why it hurt. I think it had to do with the fact that I wasn't social, and most guys were either ass-out ugly when they talked to me, or just pure dick-heads planning on a relationship with all the wrong favors. I don't know what made me think anything of it. I returned to my room, having left my purse sitting in the lobby. I know, it screamed ''steal me''.

I had gone back to my room and stripped away my clothes. Apryl had found herself a man to hang out with- good for her. I sat down in the tub, spending my night hanging out in the hot steaming water and bubbles, staring at my wall. I remember staring at those pale white and beige tiles and thinking that I was actually out of it. But a knock at the door drew my attention away from those too-entertaining tiles. I got out and dried off rather haphazardly, wrapping a long beige towel around my olive-skinned figure and raced to the door. What was Apryl doing home already? It was only nine or so...

But the door opened, and guess who? Well, who else? It was him. He came inside, offered my purse back to me. For about five solid minutes we kind of just stared at each other, that dumb gaze that I couldn't wipe off my face. I reached out with rather shaky fingers and took the purse, my heart beating heavily in my chest. He was about to leave when I finally mustered up the squeak of him coming inside.

And he did. I didn't really even change out of that towel, I just kind of sat down on the edge of the bed, talked to him about what the other security guard had said about him, and I also brought up the redhead. He laughed- which was good. Even though I think mentioning he was a criminal to him wasn't smart. About an hour passed, and I decided to get dressed. I moved out of his way, and headed towards the bathroom, ignorant of the lock on the inside. When I was inside and the towel fell, I turned my head to see him coming inside. I won't go into detail, but I will say that the night was very long, and unforgettable to say the least. . .

Friday. He was leaving, and so was I. I didn't want to forget him though. I didn't want to just go home with these memories of a wonderful one-night stand with the security guard. I didn't want to be that memory to him, I wanted a chance to be more. But it couldn't work out the way I wanted.

I rode on home. It was the middle of the night and the roads were clear. So, going about sixty, I made it back in about an hour and a half. I got out of my black Saturn and went inside, saying hi to my mother. I went inside and she went to bed. It was then I checked my pockets- at about one in the morning. My wallet was missing! My purse was there, but had I really been such a fool?! But then headlights appeared in my driveway, a set followed by another after about twenty minutes. The first car came to a stop and I thought perhaps it was my father having come home. I heard the door jostle open, and went down to investigate. I saw someone rummaging through the things, and believe it or not, it was the same guy who mugged me a week ago. But I doubted my savior would pop up and save me now. I was wrong to doubt him. Like an angel, he came, headlights cutting through the darkness. I knew I had to get to him before something happened to him.

He came to the door, a smile on his face as he held a wallet in his grip. I raced down the steps, and heard the man yell after me. I jumped at the door, opening it. The burglar jumped for his gun and raised it up. I collided into my savior's chest, and closed my eyes tight. This was it! I knew. I just knew it. Suddenly,

BANG!
BANG!

My body was trembling, and I was feeling this heavy stone sinking in my stomach. I could smell a metallic smoke rising near me. I looked up from the body that held me, and saw the extended arm. It turned from a hand and callous fingers into a pistol, one that I didn't know the guard even had tucked away on his body! And behind me, I looked. The burglar was on the ground, blood pooling around him. My mom stood farther back, and started screaming. She picked up the phone and the man tore away from me.

"I have to leave now." He said. Suddenly he was serious, I had not seen this of him yet. I grabbed his arm but he shook me off. "Sorry." He said coolly, moving into his car. And he was off. I chased after his car, and I ran for what felt like hours. Finally, I collapsed in the road... And I didn't see him again...

~After that Week~

I was put into psychological care to monitor the strange mood swings I was enduring. It was impossible to explain it all. I was fine, but they thought that I shouldn't think anything of the whole thing. So I guess giving a shit about that man, the guard I'd met at the Marriott: I guess that made me crazy. For about a year I went in and out, and I began to lose my mind for real. Apryl distanced herself from me. I lost a lot of my friends, and my parents started to chastise me for things I didn't believe myself to be at fault for.

I started smoking pot, and drinking heavily. It was the most recent time that they had tried to put me up in rehab for it that I ran away...

Ever since, I had been running. I killed off my drinking bit, but kept my weed closer than ever. I felt so different, so cold now. And now I'm heading towards Chicago. I have a supposed friend there who said he'll house me and keep me safe until I can support myself. His name's Brandon and he's a drug dealer, but I don't think much of that. All I can think about right now, is that I need to get away. From that city, that state, those parents of mine, those ex-friends, those accusations and personal crimes.

I had to leave.
And here I come.

And I still can't drive fast enough to get away from the pain. . .

Eternity:
3 Years ago: Age 18/19
I'd Think Twice ooc 8815
-
Today: Age 22
I'd Think Twice ooc 82046s10
Standing a lean height of 5'6, this half-Latina bears the smooth bronze skin of her father's ethnicity. Her hair is long and dark brown, appearing darker during summer and lighter during the winter. She has dark eyes that peer out from a face set now in stone, of smooth cheek bones and full lips, with a thin unbroken nose between. But usually, this face which could portray a soft and gentle beauty is usually locked into an expression of anger, sorrow, rage, or lonesome. Gabi has a few scars up her left arm not from cutting, but from punching out windows and acting out against her parents and friends. Otherwise, her fashion sense extends to fitting jeans, skirts, tight shirts and other things that are meant to show off her figure. Ever since she's moved in with Cheshire, she feels more and more like she's becoming a model for his ideals of clothing and drugs.
Gabriela "Gabi" Ramirez
22 years of age
Born in: Mt. Airy, Virginia
Currently lives in: Chicago, Illinois
Summary: Once the reclusive and innocent young woman, she was struck asunder by the circumstances around her. When she was accused of being selfish and stupid for having emotions for a killer (regardless that he had possibly saved her from a bullet), she was rejected and deprecated by her mother and step father. She eventually fell into a cycle of drinking and drugs, which has finally led to her snapping and moving away from her home. Now she resides in the big city, living with a man named Brandon who goes by "Cheshire" for his mysterious and dark ways. With every passing day, the nights grow longer, and new addictions are bound to arise.

---------

Eternity
I'd Think Twice ooc Agent-thumb8484028
-
I'd Think Twice ooc Businessman-thumb7436667
Joseph "Big Joe" Haskins
32 years of age
Summary: One of the body guards that works with Ruck. He's probably the only one who warmed up to the convict too. He's a fun and laughable guy, though acts like a tight-ass half the time. He's a bit pompous, but a humorous fellow who creates comic relief in hard times. He also likes to play pranks on people, and no one will stand up to him because he stands 6'4 and weighs around 300 pounds.
He is also known as the slightly funny one, especially when he says his favorite quote of all times: "This shit right here?"

---------

Eternity
I'd Think Twice ooc Athletic-sexy-male-body-builder-thumb10224868
-
I'd Think Twice ooc Sexy-man-thumb9797900
Brandon Fillips / "Cheshire" or "Chesh"
27 years of age
Summary: Cheshire is a drug dealer, and quite a popular one. He's a tough man, who used to be a bouncer before he got into drugs. He's always working out, or snorting something dangerous. He loves to club and go wild, and his new favorite toy is the coy little thing he coaxed up to Chicago from her little shut-off world. He's manipulative and dangerous, and plans on breaking Gabriela until she's a puppet for his every wild desire.

Last edited by Eternity on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

I'd Think Twice ooc Empty Re: I'd Think Twice ooc

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:47 pm

I'd Think Twice ooc Method=get&rs=90&q=75&x=36&y=46&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=53F368A7-1D09-6BFC-E562ADE90DD07370
Ruck stands tall, is very well built, and is tattooed from head to toe (most of his tats come from being in prison). He never shows much emotion. His clothing is normally expensive jeans, dark t-shirts that are of normal size, and fitted hats. He doesn't ever wear jewelry.

Name: Ronald "Ruck" Davis

Born In: Omaha, Nebraska

Lives In: Where ever his job takes him

Summary: Ronald, or "Ruck" as his homeboys call him, grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. Having left the city when he was young and moving to Chi-Town with his older brother, Ruck's life has been one of constant conflict. Having done a 8 year prison sentence for attempted murder, a 2 year prison sentence for armed robbery, and another 3 year sentence for distribution of multiple controlled substances many would consider Ruck an Institutionalized male who will never stay out of prison for very long.

Currently, Ruck works as a "Security Guard" (see Trigger Man) for the multi-platinum Rapper Common. The other security guards would rather not be around the wild man but they do like to have him around when trouble pops off.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm

IC will be done in like... five minutes lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Okay, it took more than five minutes, but as I said in the PM, I had to deal with something else *sheds tear*.

Anyways, other sides that will play along.

I'd Think Twice ooc Agent-thumb8484028
-
I'd Think Twice ooc Businessman-thumb7436667
Joseph "Big Joe" Haskins
32 years of age
Summary: One of the body guards that works with Ruck. He's probably the only one who warmed up to the convict too. He's a fun and laughable guy, though acts like a tight-ass half the time. He's a bit pompous, but a humorous fellow who creates comic relief in hard times. He also likes to play pranks on people, and no one will stand up to him because he stands 6'4 and weighs around 300 pounds.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 am

You know what I just thought... That goes well with the story line...

Common's hometown is Chicago, so that means that their stay there will probably be an extended one, which ensures that Ruck will be there for a while lol.

________________More Sides:__________________

I'd Think Twice ooc Beautiful-girl-thumb11072475
Nadia
25 years of age
Role: Roommate of Cheshire, Gabi, and Isaac / off and on girlfriend of Isaac

-----

I'd Think Twice ooc Sexy-young-african-american-man-in-thought-thumb5831984
Isaac
"Izzy"

23 years of age
Role: Roommate of Cheshire, Nadia, and Gabi / off and on boyfriend of Nadia
Eternity