FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Profile Statistics

4 posters

Go down

Personal Profile Statistics Empty Personal Profile Statistics

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 pm

((For all purposes and intents, I'm going to use myself as an example.))

For anyone who's ever cared, if you go to a person's personal profile for this site, you'll notice a tab labeled "Statistics." This is basically a public announcement about how many posts a person has, their personal averages, how active they are, etc. etc.

Well, I usually don't mess around with the links that take you to pages where you can view their past posts and their past topics all in one place for others. I usually only mess around with my own.

A while ago, I tried to find a specific past post of mine, but at this point I had had a little over one thousand posts, and the link that read "Find all posts by Kathryn Lacey" lied. It only showed me the last three hundred posts I'd made, and the post for which I was searching had been made further back than that. Well, I just sucked down my disappointment and forgot about it until now.

Tonight, I tried a different approach. I clicked "Find all Kathryn Lacey topics." For this, I actually expected it to only list the topics I had personally created myself. However, it showed several topics in which I had posts. I really liked the way that it shows the topic and each individual topic. However, I soon realized that this was just as disappointing as trying to find individual topics. I realized that it doesn't show every single topic in which I've posted on this site. It stops at three hundred ninety. Apparently, the first topic in which I ever posts isn't listed ((that being my introduction thread)), and I would never have noticed if I wasn't still watching it. There are other threads missing, too, that I've noticed.

Well, to make this more of a feedback thing rather than a simple announcement, I want to know if there's a way to fix this so that it lists every single topic in which I've posted and every single post I've made for the proper links in my Statistics tab in my profile?

I've made well over three thousand posts, and I've apparently posted in more than three hundred ninety topics, and I would like to be able to find them all in one convenient spot. If Forumotion won't allow the proper coding for it, I'll grit my teeth and bear it while silently cursing Forumation, but if there is a way to make this possible, I would like to see it accomplished in the future. I'm sure others will also agree that it could be a good thing for this site.

Thanks for your time and thoughts and such. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Personal Profile Statistics Empty Re: Personal Profile Statistics

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:42 pm

I would definitely agree that, if the statistics really are incomplete, they should be tampered with so that if possible they do BECOME complete. Very Happy

Hopefully Fate or Axiom can do something about it. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Kat, in the statistics, instead of clicking on "All topics by Kathryn Lacey" try the link above it.

"Number of topics" or something like that. I used to feel the same way, but I think that works. Try it.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 pm

The Number of Topics link shows all of the topics I've made myself, so that's cool, but there is still nowhere to see every single post I've made or every single topic in which I've posted. Thank you for helping me with one problem, but there are still two more that haven't been addressed by Fate or Axiom.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

I think your crazy high post count has broken the system.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 am

hahahah If only that was the only problem. I'm pretty sure that anyone who makes more than three hundred posts won't be able to find those individual posts, and anyone who posts in more than three hundred ninety topics won't be able to see every topic. I haven't created enough topics myself to see how many it takes until the oldest ones are no longer listed, but I'm not going to purposely post a bunch of crap topics just to find out. heheh

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 am

I should hope not. hehehe ^^
I at first read "I'm purposely going to post a bunch of crap topics just to find out," missing the 'not.' Laughing

I was like, "You're going to ...what? *glare*" Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Hey Kathryn, I'm sorry you're unable to go back far enough in your posts to find what you were looking for. I'm assuming that Forumotion cuts that off at the 10 page mark (most likely to keep the size of their databases down). Since that would be more of something on their end, I can't do much about it. This is also a likely reason for threads like Post yo' Picture! being pruned as well. Even though we have "thread pruning" turned off in the administration options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 pm

I'll second the motion of moving the boards.
But only. ONLY. If the look remains the same. You change a look, you change the whole spirit of a place. Nod

Sorry; that was offtopic....
Forumotion's shortcomings suck. There; that oughtta do it. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Axiom. I agree that a new board would be amazing, but I'm definitely willing to wait however long it takes. I doubt that there's any reason for me to not still be around by the time we're able to move over.

Just out of curiosity, when the switch is made, what's going to happen to this site? Is it going to continue to be up and running to serve as the archive of FoG's beginnings, or what?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 pm

One of the main goals I have for switching to a forum that we host ourselves is to take everything that exists on this one and move it to the new one. Keeping this one as an archive shouldn't really be necessary if that works. My intention would be to close this forumotion board completely after the move. That way there wouldn't be any confusion between the forums.

I don't want everyone getting too excited about this though hehe. Smile It's still just an idea at the moment. The wheels aren't in motion yet.
I realize that Forumotion has drawbacks, but it is free and it doesn't require much maintenance from us which are both really a good things right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:18 pm

I hope that moving everything from here to there succeeds. I understand that it's going to take a lot of time and work, though.

Hopefully by the time the self-hosted board is up, you two will have steady jobs and are out of college or something so you'll have more time. Maybe if you guys are already living in Arizona, too, so when the move happens, it won't interrupt anything major in the beginnings of the site. heheh

It's just fun to think about how much better it'll be once the site is self-hosted and won't have to deal with Forumotion's crap. It is nice that FoG is free, though. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down