FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinner OOC

2 posters

Go down

Sinner OOC Empty Sinner OOC

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Sinner OOC

Kairos was a kingdom like no other. From the vast plains that stretched as far as the eye could see, to the dense forests that were filled with game and the perplexing mountain ranges that seemed to touch the heavens. The people knew nothing but prosperity and peace and though they labored all through the day their efforts were always rewarded. For if they were to die they knew that the glorious afterlife awaited them. Faith was never scarce in those days. And why should it have been? A kingdom free of superstition would never be aware of their own naivety.

Many still argued over what came first - the demons or the Sinners. So many perished in those first few years, it was difficult to learn the truth. Those that survived were driven mad by what they had seen. All that was known for sure was that Kairos was thrown into utter chaos. Even if the Sinners had existed then, they were either too overwhelmed or too cowardly to act. It was not until the society was formed that they made their first appearance.

At first the townspeople had thought these strangers to be no more than demons themselves. The ease with which they eliminated their foes was simply astounding. There was no possible way that these beings could be human. Despite that, their victories were always celebrated and gratitude was almost always shown. But once the celebration had ended the deed was quickly forgotten. Sinners were never welcome to stay.

Although the existence of Sinners had somewhat reduced the number of demons in Kairos, it brought about other problems. The townspeople began to recognise family members and close friends amongst the crowds of the so called 'demons'. They began to doubt the Sinners motives. To make matters worse the land had become barren and the livestock were suffering from illness. Many had started to lose their faith in god and instead turned to another deity for guidance. Since then it has been a constant struggle to keep the people of Kairos safe.

Characters:

Name: Quinn McCormick
Appearance: She stands at 5'9" and sports a very lithe frame. Her eyes are a murky blue and her straight, ebony hair reaches just below her chin. A side fringe (or bang? not sure what you call them) rests over her right eye concealing the bandage that hides there.

Although she is typically spotted wearing a long, black hooded cloak that leaves nothing to the imagination, underneath you will find a skin tight gray garment. This allows her to move without having to worry about excess drag. Two thick silver bracelets adorn her wrist, a metal plate extending from them to cover the backs of her hands. They are more for protection than anything. When traveling you will also find a light chest plate and two shoulder plates strapped to her body, and very rarely a few pieces of chain mail here and there. As she heavily relies on speed and agility, the less weight she carries the better.

The last thing to note would be the sword that is secured firmly to her back. It was also wrapped in cloth to help aid the guise of it's owner. The red veins that ran through the crystal had turned black and many had heard tales of this tainted blade. It immediately identified the person carrying it as the rogue Sinner.

Brief Bio: Many things have changed in her life since Marcus' death. She is now being pursued by the Sinner's society. Their intentions are not known to her at the moment but they have a reputation of always getting what they want.

Her search for the demon that murdered her brother has proven to be unsuccessful so far, but as soon as even a whisper is heard from her target she arrives at the scene. Many villages became demon free after her departure and this had built her a steady reputation. No one knew whose side she was on, only that she had managed to elude her own kind and refused to follow their rules. She was a Sinner, but not like any other.

Name: Anthony Bordstone
Personality: Despite the intentions of the Sinners, Anthony tends to find himself stuck between outright killing demons and attempting to exorcise them. Of the majority of the cold-blooded killers that make up the Society, Anthony is of the few that actually feel something when a soul is lost to demonkind; one of the few that actually wonders where those souls go after the demon has been dealt with. However, his temper has gotten the best of him in the past.
Appearance: Anthony stands roughly five feet, eight inches tall with a lithe, muscular build that has been toned over the course of years of training and working with the Sinners. He works comfortably, garbing himself in breathable gray trousers and a similarly colored shirt over that. Animal skin shoes with thick soles are used for their silence when moving quickly while keeping him connected with the ground moving beneath him. So few people understand the importance of being able to feel the enemy through the ground.

His face is sharp-featured, with a hard jawline covered with jet black scruff, the same color as the shoulder length hair that hangs down thick to his shoulders. His eyes are a deep emerald green with a band of blue surrounding the iris. The odd discoloration has yielded some unwanted attention as of late.

Lately, though, he has been forced to keep a low profile, adorning a traveler's cloak of plain tanned leather with a hood to be drawn over his face if needed. His sword, the trademark of all Sinners (and his burden should another Sinner see it) is strapped diagonally across his back with the hilt pointing to the ground and held in place via two quick-release leather straps. The odd position of the sword is relative to his fighting style.

Brief Bio: After a 'disagreement' with the Society, as Anthony prefers to call it, he has found himself both on the run, and on the hunt. As a rogue Sinner, he has been pursuing demons as his duty as a Sinner entails, even though he is no longer accepted by them, but also pursuing the other rogue Sinner who's name had been spreading like wildfire through the Society before his departure.

Quinn.
Other: Given the fact he is Rogue, no longer a Sinner, the veins of his sword have begun to tarnish and blacken. Though for the time being they still hold enough color to fool an uninformed Sinner if need be.

This is a OnexOne between ImmortalSin and Regicidal.

Ab'Sinte, if you get the time and want to join in just post here and let us know.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Sinner OOC Empty Re: Sinner OOC

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:12 pm

First things first, I hope you like my introduction post! It's great to finally get this started. Aww

You can let Anthony roam around for a little and do his own thing if that's what you want. They don't have to meet up for a couple of posts. I don't even know how/where they're first going to encounter each other so anything goes basically.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 am

Hooray! I love a little free-form writing to get the feel of the rp started. Town-to-town travel taking care of demons is always fun.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 am

Gotta love a bit of free-form to kick things off. I agree. And nice post, this demon sounds wicked!

I've got to finish off my EEI for Biology this afternoon but I'll get a post up tomorrow afternoon hopefully, and if not then very early the next morning.

My EEI is the last piece of assessment for me this year. I did my MAPs Maths exam today so I'm almost there!, thank god.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm unofficially finished the term!

I think it'd be fun if they didn't 'join up' for a little while actually. They'd run into each other, possibly help each other out in dire situations if need be, but for the most part it'd be free-form/brief encounters.

Although things could change depending on what happens in the roleplay obviously, but basically I'm just letting you know I'm not in too much of a hurry for them to form an alliance and become best buddies.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:13 am

I hear you. Such as them maybe catching each other in the next town, finally knowing that one another exist in something other than a thought-form, then keep about their business for a while until something happens that becomes absolutely necessary.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Sorry the last response took so long. We had visitors sleep over and I didn't want to seem rude by sitting at the computer all of the time.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm

It's not a problem at all.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:54 pm

I want to make sure before I do anything too drastic with Angelo.

I'm taking the assumption that you have control over him, and obviously he is a skilled fighter. I just either wanted to get your permission to kill him, he is your character, or be sure to leave you room to react. I hate godmodding, but in one on one's I find it easier to discuss the actions and then carry them out.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:18 pm

You can kill him, if you'd like. It won't be easy, but if you think Anthony can keep up with him I don't mind if you kill him.

He's only a NPC anyway, so it's fine if you godmod him.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Regicidal Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply. I've been insanely busy with family/holiday stuff this week. I'll get a post to you before the end of the night hopefully.
Regicidal
Regicidal
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm

It's no problems Regi. We've still been having visitors stop in unexpected, so I've been run off of my feet as well.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down