FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven's Trial

2 posters

Go down

Raven's Trial Empty Raven's Trial

Post by Kalaam Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 am

I have a half developed concept in mind. I was inspired by two sources to start this concept. Holding Out for a Hero, (thank you Shrek 2, specifically,) and a concept in the lastest of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. Basically, it would be the assorted tales of man that grows to fame as the Raven. I am unsure of whether this will be a futuristic, medieval or high medieval/fantasy setting, but I do have a few concepts in mind. First, the Raven will be an above average, but not insanely so, human being. However, there are two things that are exceptional about him. If you have seen Firefly or Serenity, think about Mal. He won't fight fair, he won't quit, he won't stop, and he just won't die. The world is divided into several empires, and he originally gets exiled to the deserts where one of the two toughest races of humans live. The other lives in the far, frozen north, where he eventually will go to as well. The rest of the story is basically him trying to get back, and initially revenge. He will interact with multiple different people and the legend will grow about this guy who does the impossible, and while it is by the skin of his teeth with the help of other people, its still the Raven standing at the end of every fight.

What I want is both feed back and interest on this idea. I already have some rough concepts in hand, as well as some pre-set encounters, but the turnover rate for most other characters will be extremely high. They will either die, leave, or simply be left to do other things. I have not yet decided the end where he goes back home country to face the tyrant who rules there. I have not yet decided if he will win, lose, or die at the end but I do have a scene in mind. This guy standing in front of impossible odds, with no chance of living without help, staring down at the tyrant who can't back down or fall. And while he is terrified, and knows that he has no chance, there comes a realization. The other guy is just as terrified of him. It isn't this exiled hunter from the highlands, but this monster of a dark legend, this impossible hero who keeps winning and achieving the impossible. The other ruler isn't afraid of the person, but the tale, and the weight of deeds trailing out behind him.

So, any ideas, feedback, willingness to participate, etc. is welcome. The other thing is that unless I love your writing this is going to be told in a series of stories, and will probably come together as a novel at some point. I am just using this a springboard to explore the world, so we don't actually have to have the Raven in it at all. Also, this is being posted in Advanced and the Journalism/Blog area if I can fit it in properly.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Raven's Trial Empty Re: Raven's Trial

Post by Shekinah Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 am

I'm interested.
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost