FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One on one anyone?

Go down

One on one anyone? Empty One on one anyone?

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Okay, first thing's first.

( - ) <-- this is what I expect from a partner.
( + ) <-- this is what I would really like from a partner.
( ~ ) <-- this is probably showing things I favor in a roleplay.

- Literacy
- Good grammar
- Creativity
- Sense of realism even in fantasy
+ Long posts
+ Challenging roleplayer
+ Male characters (since I prefer playing females)
~ Unique/original storyline
~ Interesting characters; depth, complexes, intriguing twists/flaws, unique traits, etc...
~ Romance (I really like romance, but it's not my first basis. It's something I like later in a roleplay to create drama within a story-line's main flow)
~ Action: Violence, realism, danger, emotion; etc. I want things to be good. Realism even in fantasy; this means that no character can really be dispassionate or constantly nonchalant. I want something interesting. Action surpasses violence too my dearies. Action means ''edge of your seat'', be it by verbal confrontation or an ironic climax, or bla bla bla. Get the picture?

===========================

Genre's I'm having a feel for at the moment:
Star ( * ) means I'm extra willing.
A plus ( + ) means I have plots in mind.

*Modern Fantasy
High Fantasy
Sci-Fi/Alien
Futuristic
*Gang Realistic
*Crime/Drama
*Modern Fantasy Crime/Drama?

lol

I am most definitely open for other suggestions though. Anyone up for something?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

One on one anyone? Empty Re: One on one anyone?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 pm

I normally don't like doing 1v1 RPs cause of how quickly they die, but how fast exactly do you want this to be paced? I'm not typically the kind of person that likes to sit down at type up several posts a day. So exactly how fast of a RP are you looking for here?

I need to know that first before I make any kind of decision or even ask my next question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Well actually I'm looking for a slower one on one. Not super slow, but like one post a day or every two days perhaps. Just something to occupy my mind a little since a lot of my other one on ones have slowed down considerably.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Alright, that's about the pace I was looking for as well. 1v1s tend to move faster than larger group RPs so that's about as slow as a 1v1 can get without both parties losing interest. Now onto my second question.

Now the stuff you're having a feel for is High Fantasy, Sci-fi/Alien, and Futuristic. Now for me personally High Fantasy is really easy to work with. It really isn't that much different than regular fantasy and the only major difference is the extent in which we go into details. I do have this RP project concept for something along the lines of Sci-fi/Alien but it was designed for group role-playing instead of 1v1. I'm flexible though. Futuristic isn't something I'm typically good at but in 1v1s it really depends on the other person.

Do keep in mind that my alien idea is very complicated and I haven't even compiled all the information for it. Also, even if you wanted to hear the idea, it would be much easier for you to understand it all and the thought process behind everything if you understood where it all came from; which would be X-Com 1, 2, and 3 video games from the mid 1990's. Still moderately popular games among old school gamers.

So which kind of role-play did you feel more strongly towards rolling with? I'll adapt to your needs. I figured it would be a nice change for you since you've adapted to my needs in 2 of my RPs. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm

HM Well I like the idea of a High Fantasy. Any ideas for that at the moment?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:26 pm

None of ideas for a RP are rarely tailored to a 1v1. What kind of story did you have in mind? The thing about Fantasy and me is there is pretty much nothing in a fantasy RP I can't RP, except someone else's character; which I'm not comfortable RPing anyways.

So if we do High Fantasy, what kind of world do you want to have? One that is torn apart by civil war and unrest? Banditry infects every area that was once peaceful? I like the idea of some kind of civil war or rebellion taking place through a kingdom and then some evil threat appears right as the dust settles to start taking over everything.

It could even be a quest to search for some legendary artifact that was stolen and must be returned or the kingdom that once protected it would be destroyed.

I do have a map we could use too. Give us a sense of direction, names to locations to use, allow us to know exactly where things are, the terrain of the land, etc. Plus, I love using maps in RPs cause it just shows a sign of organization and I'm a visual type of person cause without a map I have the attention span of a door nob. That really isn't far from the truth. It's just easier to know where things are and stuff. Organization purposes really.

Anyways, I could load up the map on imageshack and link it to you if you want. It's a pretty good map and I've been meaning to replicate the technique for my map making. It isn't one that I made, it's one that I found off the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Okay sweet. Do that! And look out for a One on One OOC called "Eternity & Tkwiget", since I'll be ushering us there for further discussion lol.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum