FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a Tattoo for Me?

5 posters

Go down

Make a Tattoo for Me? Empty Make a Tattoo for Me?

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 pm

All right...

Ever since I hit puberty, I always thought it would be amazing to have a tattoo. My problem was always, "What would I want to be permanently inked into my flesh? It would have to have meaning, and I would have to not regret it later." Well, when I was fifteen, I realized what I wanted: a memorial tattoo.

I decided I want this tattoo to be on the back of my right shoulder, and it is going to be the drama masks. I was involved in theatre when I was in high school, and I still love going to see plays, and I wish I could be in other plays. I also found out that my older brother had wanted to get the drama masks as his second tattoo, but he didn't live long enough for that to happen. Recently, I decided I was also going to incorporate my mother into the tattoo, but now I'm fairly certain that I want my brother's and my mother's presence in the tattoo to be small because I don't want to have to explain over-and-over-and-over again who they are and what happened to them.

My problem is this:
I have looked everywhere for a suitable design, but I have found nothing unique and elegant enough to suit me. My artistic abilities almost don't exist. I have a hard time putting things onto paper the same way they appear in my mind. Hell, I have a hard time sketching something at which I'm looking directly.

I decided that I should probably enlist the help of you guys because I've noticed some artistic talent here. I should let you guys know that I may or may not like what you give me, but I will definitely love and appreciate that you guys spent time helping me at all. Also, I may want to even combine a couple or even a few different designs into one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tattoo Specifics
o I want there to be elegant, but simple ribbons to be a part of the design. They would, of course, be what one would use to tie behind one's head to keep the mask secure to the face if the mask was to be worn for real.

o I was thinking, but this isn't one hundred percent certain ((I could be persuaded to try something else)) that I want "SCM '86 - '05" ((my brother)) and "CLM-H '68 - '09" ((my mother)) to be written each on her and his own ribbon.

o The image should be from to be two to three inches long and from two to three inches wide. Of course, you could always make an image as big as you like, and I could have the tattoo artist scale it to size. Also, I want the masks themselves to be that big. If any interesting outside details are made, they could surpass that as long as they are thinner ((like the ribbons or something)).

o The comedy mask should look happy. I don't want a creepy smile or a tricky/malicious/seedy smile or a shit-eating grin on its face.
o The tragedy mask should look sad. There may even be a tear or two descending from its eye(s). I don't want it to look horrified or frightened or disgusted.

o I want it to look elegant/pretty, but at the same time, I want it to be kind of fun.

o The tattoo is going to be black and flesh. You can add colour to your design, and if I like it, I may get the colours added when I earn more money to spend on it, but at first, the only ink that will be used is black.

o The comedy mask should be on the left with the tragedy mask on the right! They signify life and death!

o Most importantly, the main thing I don't like about drama masks is the ugly, wrinkly look most of them have. It's not bad for it to look like a normal face, but I don't want it to have deep crevices and wrinkles and ugliness. >.>;;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I can't think of anything else I want to add right now, but I may edit this later, but I'll be sure and specify if I edit it. I hope that this isn't overly complicated, and none of you have to do this. It would just be nice if I could get fresh new ideas.

On Friday, June 5th, I'm going to the tattoo artist with my friend so she can get the tattoo she wants, and I'll be able to look at the woman's skills and decide if I would like her to put her skills to the test on my skin. I think I may need an overall design by the next time I go which could be the Friday after this coming one when I see her for the first time.

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Make a Tattoo for Me? Empty Re: Make a Tattoo for Me?

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 pm

This sounds like it's going to be a beautiful tattoo, and I love the deep meaning it has behind it. I'm not tattoo artist, nor have I ever designed a tattoo before, but I could always try and attempt a sketch or something for what you might be looking for.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I would appreciate that. Even a small sketch would be appreciated because I could always combine it with something else that rocks, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:06 pm

That's true. Smile I'll see what I can come up with. I'll try getting started on it tomorrow between classes.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:34 pm

If I had any talent at all, I would so do this for you.
>.<
I'm only good at manipulating pictures so...
Sorry!

Good luck though.
It sounds like an awesome tattoo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm

All right, all done! I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but if there's anything that you like from this design, then at least you can apply that to your tattoo. Smile

Make a Tattoo for Me? DramaMasks
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:00 pm

WOW! FATE that is fantastic!!! Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:01 pm

That is amazing.
*jealous*

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Awww, thank you guys! <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:34 pm

That's really nice! Thanks so much for your design! I really love the way you made their eyes, and I really love the way the ribbons flow and connect to the masks. <3333

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks! <3 Glad you liked the details. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:14 am

All right! The date is set for me to get a tattoo. On Thursday, June 11th, 2009 at 6:30pm Central I will be getting my tattoo.

So far, the design that has been in the works is Fate's design with a few minor changes.

o It's smaller.

o The mask's positions have been switched, so the comedy mask is on the left and the tragedy mask is on the right ((for the significance of life and death)).

o The ribbon that, in Fate's design, is connecting to the left side of the comedy mask has been altered so it looks like it's coming down to connect to the ribbon with my mom's initials rather than looking like it almost connects to the ribbon with my brother's initials.

o The ribbons are a bit wider where they display the initials and the dates so the text is a bit more visible.

o There is shading to make the masks themselves a little more 3D in appearance.

I am still up for other designs to be made and shown to me before Thursday. Every little idea that I like helps because it could make for quite an awesome tattoo, and it would be equally awesome if the end result was a compilation of many others' ideas. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:20 am

Very cool!! I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's all done. Very Happy

I think those changes you're going to have made too to my design will be perfect. I really like what you came up with for that. Smile I think it's really neat that you even knew you wanted the comedy mask first and the tragedy second to represent life and death. Seems like you've certainly put a lot of thought into your tattoo, which is definitely a good thing.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:24 am

Yeah. I've had this idea in my head since my brother died when I was fifteen. I even still had the ability to sketch it since I was still a pot-head, but two years later I looked at it, and the comedy mask looked... malicious and evil... and I was soooo glad that I didn't get it when I was sixteen because Iowa has a law that you can't get a tattoo until you're eighteen even if your parents consent. I totally condone that law for the very reason that it was made.

I knew in which order I wanted the masks to be the entire time, but I didn't realize that I had forgotten to mention it until you had already posted the picture ((sorry about that!)), but now I have mentioned it. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:28 am

Aw, hun... I think that is very sweet. Oh, and well then yes, I would have to agree with you there about that law. To decide on something so permanent at such a young age is difficult, and you're likely to regret it later. xD (I actually remember when I was in my early years of high school. I wanted to get Gizmo the Gremlin tattooed on me somewhere. Glad I didn't now lol.)

Oh, don't worry about it, hehe. Smile Well, at least now anyone else that may want to submit any design ideas is aware. ^^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 am

Definitely!

I should mention to those potentials who may want to make a design, that it doesn't have to be as fancy and clean as Fate's! It can totally be a rough sketch if that's all for which you have time!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:57 am

Ok so I tried my best with what you wanted. You wanted unique/elegant/special! I gave it my best shot however I forgot to incorporate the dates you wanted, however if you choose to get it I left the two ribbons up top open for that and any tattoo artist can easily add it in. ^_^

I also made the picture fairly large due to detail however as you've stated a they can easily size it down appropriately.

Also I want to note that no, this is in fact not the first tattoo I've drawn either. ^_^ I'm currently in the process of drawing my own and my husbands. Not so easy when you're doing it for yourself. >_<

Anyway! Here it is:

Tattoo.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:58 am

Also ignore my legs and shorts lol.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 am

hahahah I didn't even see that until you mentioned it because that would have meant I'd have to scroll down. That's funny, but as you requested, I will do my best to ignore it.

I really like that image. You have an incredibly unique style that I find really interesting. You should definitely be sure to post the tattoos you make for your husband and yourself on the forum when you complete them. I'm already noticing things I really like about it that could definitely be used.

{EDIT}
Thank you so much for spending the time to make the image for me!
{/EDIT}

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:16 am

Meh. Took like an hour? I think. ^_^

I'm just super amazing like that I guess.

-Goofy retard grin-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:28 am

Well I already have mine drawn it's just his that's proving difficult as he's about as picky as a goat in a junk yard. >_<

This is mine I'm getting it on the base of my back but hopefully smaller. It's my zodiac (leo) and his zodiac (libra) combined together.

My tattoo.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Sighlent, that looks cool.

Sweetness to you.

K.L.- that idea is very interesting- your idea for a tattoo. I'd like to try something like that, but with my current attention span doubt I could finish it within this week. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Aww. Well, if you get bored one day and decide that you would like to try it, go ahead. Even if it's just a rough sketch. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:18 am

Nice! I like how you did that tattoo for yourself!

Okay, I have posted the result of the tattoo in the photo thread, and in my gallery.

I want to explain something. I decided to go solely with Fate's design ((with alterations)) because I had no idea how to incorporate Sighlent's design into it. However, I know for a fact that I'm getting another tattoo someday, and I really love the swirlies at the bottom of the masks she drew, and I know I want to incorporate that into my new tattoo. I just need to figure out what I want for a second tattoo ((which will require more planning than my first tattoo, but my first tattoo definitely took a lot of planning and decision-making)) and how I want to incorporate the swirlies. I may also incorporate some sort of dotted line, or bubble-dots or something dotty ((but not polka dots!)).

Thank you both so much again for taking the time to make this for me. I appreciate it a lot! I love them both! :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down