FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow The Swirly Ball

+3
Ragter the junior greeter
Gadreille
Kalaam
7 posters

Go down

Follow The Swirly Ball Empty Follow The Swirly Ball

Post by Kalaam Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Hello, I will be brief. I have always loved to read. From The Three Billy Goats Gruff onward, if for nothing else, I will love my mother for teaching me to read. An avid Sci-Fi and fantasy fan, I read. A lot. All the time. I go through a three hundred page book in three hours, and I loathe to put one down until I finish it. I also have a slight gaming addiction, and sometimes entertain escapist fantasies from reality in the depths of things I have read. I have not the talent for writing that my sister does, she writes beautifully, and it flows naturally from her. However, I have a fierce imagination, and love to learn. Writing gives me a way to do this. I can escape, can explore what I want to escape, explore what I want to, can learn more about myself. I can strive and acheive, and take criticism.

I come here from the World of Warcraft Forums, and find myself pleased to find some familiar names to go along with my entry here. For all of you that have followed a path similar to mine, I am glad to see you. The material I have read here has impressed me in a way that I feel I must answer. So, only one thing remains? Where should I start, where should we begin?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Follow The Swirly Ball Empty Re: Follow The Swirly Ball

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:36 pm

What??? No one has welcomed you yet???

Well, I usually don't do the welcoming thing because...I suck at it.

Welcome to FOG, I've read most of your posts so far and you seem like a great addition to the FOG family, regardless of how talented you are in comparison to your sister.

I tend to 'escape' just as you do, but recently haven't had the time to plow through books like I used to. I'm glad at least one of us continues to read the good stuff!

As for where you should begin...it seems you've already done so Smile You're next step would be to browse the interest checks, or start up your own role play, if you'd rather. Hopefully we can RP together in the immediate future.

-whew- yea, this is why I don't welcome people...I never know what to say?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:30 pm

"Oh, hello there sir/madam! How are y-"

"OH MY GOD, IS THAT A BALL?!"

Ragter chased after the ball, and was disappointed when it fell down a hole.

"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

He dropped to his knees and wept, wept like his life depended on it, staying on his knees near the hole.

After hours of weeping and sorrow, he stood up. He then looked at Kalaam tearfully. "W-Welcome to the boards" He mumbled, then walked off, crying again shortly after.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Swirly ball? As in the old rogue detect traps ability? Because that would be awesome! Cool Welcome to FOG, Kalaam. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks all,
And yes, the old detect traps ability. I am old school WoW, and used to have a three min mage. Alas for the days when mages were supposed to be glass cannons....

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:07 pm

My Red Mage is a glass cannon ;-; Poor guy died while fighting Marilith.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:30 am

Welcome to FoG, Kalaam. I agree with Ryona that you're already a good addition to FoG based on the posts of yours I've seen so far.

I'm sure you won't disappoint us later, either. ^o_~^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 pm

WOAH! Kalaam? THE KALAAM?

*Reads again to make sure she read it correctly ...*

Yep ... THE Kalaam.

*Faints, then regains consciousness* *Tries, without success, to act cool*

Welcome aboard!
It's Reffent, call me Reffy. We've RP'd before, a few times. Broken Souls, The Sky-Breaker. I was the silly NE-Priest with the inability to heal and the fascination of plants. Still peeved with the way Broken Souls went. Left WoW forums after that catastrophe! Moved to AWR, and also joined FOG. The only two places to be for good writing and good RP.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Ya, did you know that train wreck is still going? Sadly enough, called Broken Bonds now. That silly woman actually still can't spell Arthas properly, and she had a kid with someone twice dead, sigh. I remember you. Got about fifteen... wait... eighteen characters for that now. Should really type up some character sheets for that.

What are you up to?

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:29 pm

I pop back in every so often and see the mess of what it became. Serves me right for creating an RP and not giving it direction myself. I didn't have a plot or plan for it, so others took it over. It did get very silly. Towards the end I got fed up with the spelling mistakes, awful grammar and over all OPness of it. I mean seriously guys!? Oh well Smile lesson learned.

Currently I'm not up to much. I ended up quitting WoW. Shock horror. It took over my life, because my real life sucked. So currently I'm fixing that. Still writing. Doing NaNowriMo next month (there's a thread with the information about it somewhere in here) Still in a few RPs. Evern's Cartel and FOGs Seph.

Trying not to get too sucked into anything or it'll get grossly neglected next month.

How you doing? Very Happy

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:45 pm

'Eh, still swimming, still learning, and sick again. Second ear infection in a month, with the lovely addition of a sinus infection as well. Alas. Other than that, same as always, busy. Still writing, though I might have to change or polish up a few stories before they get posted on here.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Ouch! Sorry! I know what sinus infections are like.

Hope you get better soon Smile Looking forward to seeing the stories Very Happy

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Have to finish em first. One is going to be called Scarlet Trials, and is more or less going to be a journal for one of my characters.

The other I am thinking about moving out of the WoW universe entirely and into my one in creation.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Hey there, Kalaam!

Follow The Swirly Ball WelcomeToFOG

Ah, okay, so you must have seen my shameless advertisement over on the WoW forums then? XD Well, I'm happy that you were able to make your way over here. I hope that we can provide you with what you are looking for and that you may also have a bit of fun while you're here. :]

Aw, I used to love The Three Billy Goats Gruff! :3

However, I have a fierce imagination, and love to learn. Writing gives me a way to do this.
Oh, definitely! I feel the same way. Nod I also am a gamer too. ^^ I'm currently trying to balance playing WoW, Pokemon FireRed (I know, I'm a dork!), and Uncharted 2.

Well, you are pretty free to start and end wherever suits you! Think of this like...hmm...well, like Oblivion lol. Just venture wherever you feel you'd like! Smile If you have role-playing characters already, you can start your own character thread (to keep track of them) in the Archives section too. Enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Allow me to add my belated wishes of welcome to the mix.

Enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down