FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foundation Trilogy

2 posters

Go down

Foundation Trilogy Empty Foundation Trilogy

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm

So...I just got finished reading Robots & Empire by Isaac Asimov. Now, previously, I've read all the other Foundation books he read, and avoided the 'Second Foundation' Trilogy some other authors have made, because..well, they weren't made by Asimov. Sadly, the Foundation trilogy is the only Foundation work by Asimov, because he's died now.

Kind of sad really..but oh well, I created this topic to talk about the Foundation trilogy he wrote, and to hear what everyone else thought about it. I found it..interesting, to say the least, and it always left me wanting more. It was quite difficult to close the book to do homework in study hall, or close it when study hall ended. I just wanted to continue reading because it draws me in.

What about all of you? What do you guys think of it? Smile
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Foundation Trilogy Empty Re: Foundation Trilogy

Post by Lag.Lad Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:57 am

I loved these books. Asimov was the one who showed me that there was more to scifi than aliens and ufos. I think I used some of the ideas in the books for some of my Political Science classes >.>

So far, I've read "Foundation," "Second Foundation," "Foundation's Edge," "Foundation and Earth," and "Forward the Foundation."

My Highschool didn't have "Foundation and Empire" so that would explain the missing link. I did manage to get a copy from a second-hand bookstore, I haven't found the time to read it yet though.
Lag.Lad
Lag.Lad
Mist
Mist

Male

http://someting.i.ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:53 pm

A friend of mine told me I should read these, and with how much of the major and off-the-charts sci fi I read, I'm really surprised at myself that I haven't already. As soon as I do I'll be sure to post up my thoughts here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Ha, alright Silvone, I'm sure you'll like them. Manages to be a good sci-fi without any aliens. Well, as in, there aren't any beings that are different from the humans, except for the
Spoiler:

Lag.Lad, just so you know, Robots and Empire is a bit different, since it obviously contains robots. It does manage to tie in the three series, Foundation, Empire, and Robots I believe they're called, all together though, such as the robots, which
Spoiler:
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down