FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy

2 posters

Go down

Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy Empty Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Have you ever seen/heard of the play "Miss Saigon"? It is a modern retelling of an older opera named "Madame Butterfly". Miss Saigon is about a romance born during the Vietnamese War between a Vietnamese bar girl and an American GI. I would like to indulge in something similar to this story, but not perfectly alike to it.

I like the idea of 1970's Vietnam, while the war is going on. Ideas from there are open for discussion. This is a historical romance/action roleplay, with much creative wiggle room.

Of course, I have somewhat high expectations.

( - ) <-- this is what I expect from a partner.
( + ) <-- this is what I would really like from a partner.
( ~ ) <-- this is probably showing things I favor in a roleplay.

- Literacy
- Good grammar
- Creativity
- Sense of realism even in fantasy
+ Long posts
+ Challenging roleplayer
+ Male characters (since I prefer playing females)
~ Unique/original storyline
~ Interesting characters; depth, complexes, intriguing twists/flaws, unique traits, etc...
~ Romance (I really like romance, but it's not my first basis. It's something I like later in a roleplay to create drama within a story-line's main flow)
~ Action: Violence, realism, danger, emotion; etc. I want things to be good. Realism even in fantasy; this means that no character can really be dispassionate or constantly nonchalant. I want something interesting. Action surpasses violence too my dearies. Action means ''edge of your seat'', be it by verbal confrontation or an ironic climax, or bla bla bla. Get the picture?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy Empty Re: Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I just want to mention I saw and loved Miss Saigon. It was beautiful, and sad, and just lovely!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy Empty Re: Historical/Romance/Action/Controversy

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Yes it was! I was inspired by the idea of it when talking to my theatre teacher to do it as a roleplay, only with a few good differences.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:27 pm

I'll jump on this, if you'll have me. I even have an old character from a Vietnam RP that I can dust off (yes, once upon a time, on IRC, that was going on.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:29 pm

SWEET Heysuess, you are accepted. I will create an OOC for us shortly.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 pm

I posted us an OOC, you should check it out! I left it kind of ''bleak'' so to speak, because I'd still like to discuss plot, personalities, and so on and so forth.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum