FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little rusty...

3 posters

Go down

A little rusty... Empty A little rusty...

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I've been so busy these last three months, I've hardly had any time for rp, and I feel as if my writing has suffered because of it. Currently, the two other rps I'm involved with are running a little slow (school, military, things that, understandably, takes time away for more important things.)

Sooooo I'd love to start another rp; one that would challenge me a little to spark my creative juices until they begin to burn again. Smile As for a particular story... I'm afraid to state ideas for that particular detail is lacking. I am, however, in the mood for a fantasy base rp, perferably in a more medieval era. I'd love to play the role of a thief/assasin or some sort, and if anyone is willing to start from scratch, I'm willing to toss around some ideas. Smile

Please and thankyou!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

A little rusty... Empty Re: A little rusty...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

Familiar with Robert Howard at all? He was the guy that originally wrote the original "Conan the Barbarian" stuff in the 1930's.

I mention this because it seems to me that if you're playing a thief type that a good plot might be just that -- the theft of something for someone and things going wrong once the theft is made. Heck, perhaps the thing to be stolen is unexpected or the employer double-crosses. Or the process of stealing the thing wakes something up.

That's what came to mind, since you said "thief."

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 am

Wave

Ahhh, Conan... it's been a long time since I saw that particular movie, or read anything of him lol. Classic!

And you're right; I've faith a good plot can develop with that; I'm just need an interested partner willing to pick my brain and add their own ideas. Can I assume that you're possibly interested in something along these lines?
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah, I can give it a go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 am

*Cracks Knuckles* Alright, let's try this. You're welcome to make any changes, suggestions, requests or objections. I'm just going to spit out a rough idea, and we can mold it from there.

Fantasy world, Elves and the Drow are considered to be part of the elder-races, though they're begining to withdraw themselves these days. The other races are scattered amongst society in mostly equal parts, but humans are generally the majority. Magic is alive, but rare and seems to be less common than it used to be, and more 'monsters' are becoming extinct.

A large port city could be the setting, with so many people coming and going it leaves ample opportunity for corruption. The guards are paid off by different factions, all who 'rule' different parts of the city. (Or, all are 'brothers' and working for one particular man/woman/creature, and have to pay a fee or tax to said individual.) This ring-leader has set certain rules, and it's by his/her/it's hand punishment follows.

The Nobles have it made; they live off of their comfort and not have to worry about theives breaking into their homes because of a rule/code. The poor are too poor to offer anything of value, so they're over looked as well. But it's the middle class that seems to suffer. With the authority figure of the city paid to look the other way, the underground is, in fact, running the city.

Here blackmail could be used; perhaps your character is of the middle class, and wishes to somehow get within' the system and destroy it, using my character as leverage. Or perhaps hires her to steal from the leader of the thieves, and this seemingly useless item is in fact what keeps him in power. Now that it's out of the hands of the leading thief, he/she/it ends up dead, and now corruption seems to be bleeding out onto every street, and violence/rape/crime is worse than before. Now they're forced to try and put order back into their home, as well as fight off a new guild that's trying to form, and take said item for themselves....

Spark anything?
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 am

I'll have to sleep on it. I mean, I'll have some ideas when it's not 2am, EST.

I'll get back tomorrow with some ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 am

Not a problem, there's no rush. Sleep well!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:05 pm

A few thoughts;

- Rather than a city, a few different small city-states, constantly wrangling with one another for primacy, either over land, particularly mines, farming areas and pasturage or trade routes. Make it a region in chaos without any one faction having enough strength to topple the other. I like the idea of a more Mediterranean sort of climate and terrain, where the soil quality isn't the best and the land isn't terribly productive, as a rule.

- I assume you want more than a 1v1, so I'd say that all the characters were found in a dungeon or in dungeons. Perhaps even rounded up as likely looking sorts with the skills.

- Ruins, ruins, ruins. The sand/soil hides much but a few columns and pieces of buildings poke through.

- The ruler in question offers a pardon for the criminals to steal something, perhaps from a rival city-state ruler.

- Of course, there's always a catch. Or a bunch of catches. What the thing to steal is, who they steal from, what/whom they have to get through to steal it.

- I have an endpoint of the plot in mind or two. I'm not anticipating ending this, but there has to be a beginning and an end to everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:23 pm

I would be interested in this - I like the 'prison recruitment' idea.

If possibile I would like to use Yanarin from a previous RP.

I'll keep an eye on this. Smile
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 pm

*Waves* Hey there, Aesalon! Long time no see. You'd be most welcome to join us!

I like what you have in mind, Heyseuss. A land full of forgotten history gives ample room for burried secrets to unearth themselves, and cause much more distress to said prisoners. Sweet. XD Hyper Is there any particular character you'd like to play in this? And as for possible ending I agree. I prefer to have a start, middle and eventual end to my rps, rather than forcing them to continue on forever, so I'm never against hearing what you've got in mind!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Shades Of Gray wrote:*Waves* Hey there, Aesalon! Long time no see. You'd be most welcome to join us!

I like what you have in mind, Heyseuss. A land full of forgotten history gives ample room for burried secrets to unearth themselves, and cause much more distress to said prisoners. Sweet. XD Hyper Is there any particular character you'd like to play in this? And as for possible ending I agree. I prefer to have a start, middle and eventual end to my rps, rather than forcing them to continue on forever, so I'm never against hearing what you've got in mind!

Oh, definitely a wastelands bandit/warrior/ranger type for a character-- someone who makes the rugged lands outside of the cities his home. Or from a land that is particularly harsh and made hard in its image.

As to the ending, I suppose it would depend on the actions of the characters, but there should be an endpoint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Excellent. I'm curious to see who you piece together for this.

I've a few ideas for an opening already. (Woot!) Though there are still pieces that need to be put together... like what exactly it is that they're going to be taking, and what it'll mean to whom. I favor your suggestion of the ruler in question offering a pardon and sends them on their little quest. Should it be one item or a few? Maybe each city-state's 'ruler' has a stone/jewl/ring/fancy-something that indicates their possition, and it's these that they're supposed to collent. Of course once all these pieces are put together, strange happenings acure. (Something like the Nine pieces of Eight, random pieces of what the rulers have put together freed Calipso, it could be a something similar?)
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Shades Of Gray wrote:Excellent. I'm curious to see who you piece together for this.

I've a few ideas for an opening already. (Woot!) Though there are still pieces that need to be put together... like what exactly it is that they're going to be taking, and what it'll mean to whom. I favor your suggestion of the ruler in question offering a pardon and sends them on their little quest. Should it be one item or a few? Maybe each city-state's 'ruler' has a stone/jewl/ring/fancy-something that indicates their possition, and it's these that they're supposed to collent. Of course once all these pieces are put together, strange happenings acure. (Something like the Nine pieces of Eight, random pieces of what the rulers have put together freed Calipso, it could be a something similar?)

I do have an answer for this. It is something that is named in such a way that is misleading -- the ruler and everyone else takes it literally to think that it is some sort of fabulous wealth, when the reality is that it's euphemistic.

Remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? Indy is confronted with many holy grails of various shapes and sizes with gems and gold and so forth, all shaped like the medieval representation of it as a golden cup and so forth. And he goes, "Wait a minute, Jesus was a carpenter. So I'm looking for the cup of a carpenter."

And so he rifles through, looking for, "a carpenter's cup."

In a way, I propose that it be a lot like that. As to the item itself? I suppose I can come up with a name and so forth. I'll have to think on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 pm

HA!! XD That's good! I like that, very very much. Very crafty, especially when thieves are going for said item, naturally they'll be attracted to the most shiny and glamorous of trinkets. (Or at least, that's what my character would be looking for. She's like a crow in that matter I suppose. If it's shiny, she wants it.)
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Shades Of Gray wrote:HA!! XD That's good! I like that, very very much. Very crafty, especially when thieves are going for said item, naturally they'll be attracted to the most shiny and glamorous of trinkets. (Or at least, that's what my character would be looking for. She's like a crow in that matter I suppose. If it's shiny, she wants it.)

The other twist, of course, would be that the ruler would not honor his agreement. After all, politicians don't change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 pm

I wouldn't expect it to be easy. So they retrieve said item, from here are you thinking that they'll be arrested over again, and thus, placing them on the run? (Unless a prison break happens, which could be rather unique and fun. Aww )
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 am

Shades Of Gray wrote:I wouldn't expect it to be easy. So they retrieve said item, from here are you thinking that they'll be arrested over again, and thus, placing them on the run? (Unless a prison break happens, which could be rather unique and fun. Aww )

Something of that nature. I mean, no need to be too too exact, as others will join and no doubt input, but that's the way I see it -- eventually the ruler has to get knocked off. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:27 am

Oh yes, his/her/it's blood will need to be spilt. XD
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 pm

So should we set up an OOC and see what goes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Yes! That's a delightful idea. ^_^

Sorry for the absence, I was away for the weekend, but I've returned now. I'll start working on the OOC thread, and let you know when it's up. Smile
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:17 am

I come bearing good news! I've decided not to join an Advanced RP that took a month to even get close to get close to get started in favor of this one. I'll be thinking of an archetype to chose from today, if you'll have me.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes of course! ^_^ You're welcome to join! We'll be posting profiles in the OOC thread as they come, so have at!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down