FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat?

5 posters

Go down

Chat? Empty Chat?

Post by Lord Saladin Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Is it something that is really used? I've yet to see any substantial activity there, despite being logged into it for the past day and a half. Sad

Lord Saladin
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Chat? Empty Re: Chat?

Post by Weiss Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:35 pm

It has its moments. I've tried to get people's attention pointed in that direction by creating a thread of interesting moments that others have missed out on by abstaining from the Chat Room, but I have yet to sway the masses. The chat room at the bottom of the main page is absolutely pointless, though. No one is ever in there, literally. Not sure why it's still there, to be honest.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:59 pm

You mean the IRC chat? Hmm. I thought people used it a lot, especially because of the long conversations posted in the thread The things you miss when you don't come to the IRC chat! (created by Weiss).

I wish I had the time to sit down and chat more, but I really don't. When I post on FOG, I'm never just sitting here for long periods posting and reading. It's always in short, tiny bursts whenever I get the opportunity. When I'm on my computer lately, I've been working on my comic book for my class or writing my research paper for another. Ah, so many excuses, but there you have it. Sorry! Hope it doesn't get too boring in there.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 pm

I believe Weiss was talking about the Chatbox, which has no one on it, ever.

The IRC is pretty active though, I was in there last night talking to Inconnu about...something, can't remember. You were there too, Lord, but was AFK :/ Maybe that's why you never see anything.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, when I was talking about the chat room at the bottom of the main page being useless, yeah, I meant the chat box on the actual front page of the forums. The IRC chat, as I said, has its moments, but most of the time there are just a few names in there. I have lovingly titled those people "ornaments", because they're always there, but usually not actually there.

Aside from that, sometimes you get a decent group in there and the chatting starts up, but most of the times that I pop in to check, it's pretty much devoid of life. I guess it makes sense, since there are usually about 7-10 people on at a time, and I'm sure a lot of them don't even have huge blocks of time to make posts, much less chat, much like Fate. So, the IRC room will probably remain mostly inactive until we start building up more members who have larger blocks of time to sit around and chat.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Just my two cents: Even though the chatbox doesn't see any activity, I think it's nice to have, just in case. Maybe it could be improved, though, by having it appear anywhere you go on the site, instead of just having it on the homepage. *shrug* Don't know if that's possible; just figured it'd be great to have it work like that.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down