FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings

+3
Fate Flyer
Tempest
Lord Saladin
7 posters

Go down

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post by Lord Saladin Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:05 pm

I was invited here by Fate Foretold, and I am a native of RolePlay Gateway: I've been there for three years now, under various monikers. This is my 'original' pseudonym, though you will find me on RPG as Combatant876.

I have been writing as a hobby since the age of nine, so nearly 15 years; and roleplaying for about five years. As such, I am very experienced, and am considered a 'high class' RPer. I tend to write very character-focused posts, but do not allow that to get in the way of the other important aspects of roleplaying.

I'm looking forward to potentially getting involved here, however I do have one, vitally crucial, question to ask...

Your rules state that everything posted becomes the property of FOG. Shouldn't posted items be the property of the posters? I don't much like the idea of my work being owned by someone else.

Lord Saladin
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post by Tempest Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome to our lands Lord Saladin!

I hope you will find things to your satisfaction! I assure that the rule in question must be a misunderstanding, for even I would not abide by something like that! I am sure our admin will have the answer for you soon! Smile

Thank you for reading the rules and should you have any more questions do no hesitate to ask!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi, Lord Saladin. Smile

Greetings WelcomeToFOG

It's great to see you here! I hope you have a great time.

That rule which you are referring to simply is there to mean that everything you post here becomes part of FOG. If you ever decide to leave, your posts cannot be deleted, even if you wanted them to be. That's basically why we have it there. The role-plays and stories and other written works, of course, are yours, but simply the posts themselves are what is a part of FOG.

EDIT: Oh, I see -- You're referring to our privacy policy, right? That just means that you can't go off to create your own message board and copy our information, rules, policies, images, artwork, etc.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:32 pm

I'd go with Tempest's answer to your question.

Besides, if you knew Fate you'd know she'd never do anything to our ideas that we wouldn't allow her too. She's awesome, and I'm not just saying that to kiss ass.

I hope you find a safe Haven here on FOG, I've seen RPG ::shudders:: it's like the wild west of roleplaying. And, not in that cool John Wayne kind of way. You'll come to find that we've all got a different amount of experience though. I myself have only been playing for a few months now.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Lord Saladin wrote:Your rules state that everything posted becomes the property of FOG. Shouldn't posted items be the property of the posters? I don't much like the idea of my work being owned by someone else.

Short, realistic answer; If you don't want to give it away, don't post it on the internet. Smile

I'm not a representative of FOG, I just hang out here, but I know that in putting anything out, I'm pretty much giving up any exclusivity to the ideas I may have put forth. I never read the fine print on that, but I know that the fine print is pretty much there to be wiped with even if it did supposedly proclaim the work to be the property of the authors.

In fact, it comes down to who can afford the lawyers.

So don't put up anything you intend to turn a profit on in the future.

And welcome aboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Welcome to FoG, Lord Saladin. I hope you enjoy yourself here. I hope that rule doesn't frighten you away because Fate and Heyseuss explained it quite nicely. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Saladin Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks for the elaborations and welcomes, ladies and gents. I think this may well be a place I could become accustomed to.

Perhaps it isn't my place to say anything, but maybe that particular rule could be reworded?

And, Heyseuss, in legal terms, any creative works done on the internet are covered by copyright laws. Generally, creative commons. However, that particular rule does negate that, as you are agreeing to giving ownership over to FOG.

But, my issue isn't profit-making pieces (they are never seen by RP people), but rather RPs and worlds I have created for RP purposes, and tend to bring along with me to every site I get involved in... Not saying that the FOG staff would, but I'd hate for them to take credit for it, or try disallowing me making the RP on any other site. If you know what I mean?

Or, that /was/ my concern.

I'm looking forward to RPing here.

Lord Saladin
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 am

HELLO, WELCOME TO FOG CRAZY PERSON.

YOU REALLY THINK WE WOULD TAKE CREDIT LIKE THAT? DO YA PUNK, DO YA?!

*gets a needle jammed in his arm by someone and falls asleep*

ZzZzZ..crazy people..zZzzz
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am

*Looks at Inerio, and is suddenly reminded of an alien. Of, and speaking of wild west...*

Welcome to the FoGegon Trail, where you can choose one of our many roleplay styles, and adventure into the great unsettled land of Literate Roleplay!

Will you be,

A Mary Sue?
A God Modder?
A Dungeon Master?
A Regular Guy?
A Grammar Nazi?

Once you've chosen your profession, it's time to hit the trail! Hunt for wild verb conjugations and capitalization to keep your Roleplay Wagon moving. But watch out for disasters such as noobs and dysentery!

Yes, the FoG can be fun, so long as you keep your wits about you. I wish you the best of luck as you travel on The FoGegon Trail!

And welcome to the boards!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: