FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~

+4
Fate Flyer
Dio the Awesome
Ragter the junior greeter
Mæstro
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~ Empty ~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am

Well, I always hated introductions as many do, IC and otherwise, but, my real name is Bret - although I would prefer Mæstro, or Stro. Both work, doesn't matter to me what you use. I am from the dying Role-Play Gateway - even though most refuse to say it is dying, in my personal opinion as well as many other respected users/veterans on that site, it is. I got referred to this site by someone over IM, won't mention who, but I decided I'd just drop in for the hell of it.

I would tell you my experience in role-play but I find that irrelevant, because time has nothing to do with skill and knowing your way around nor does titles. As of late I have lost my muse when it comes to role-play, not having the same passion for it as I used to. Mostly because Role-Play Gateway being my home site, all the bullshit that goes on there drives me nuts, and it seems role-play has grown more political than it has fun.

So, I only cross my fingers and hope this place will be more enjoyable in terms of role-play over all the made-up science and statistics people throw at it.

Also if you haven't guessed, Mæstro was a past alias of mine, and usually or through the duration of aliases I've held on the net I'm known as Near, but I decided to just go with this name instead. Why? I don't know, I don't tend to know why I do half the things I do. Razz

Besides being an advanced, literate role-player, and role-play creator, I also am a bit of a mentor so if you have any questions or need any assistance in the art of role-play, ask. But let me note that a teacher cannot substitute what you can do on your own. ^^

Any who enough rambling and filling up space, I'm sure I'll drop in on a role-play or two when I have the time. Smile

Last edited by Mæstro on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Hell... but I think the more technical term is Arizona. It's just as hot though, so what's the difference?

Back to top Go down

~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~ Empty Re: ~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 am

..Can't find anything to say about you either, considering most of your post talks about RPG, which is dying, unfortunately.

Uhh, welcome, I guess.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 am

*Was a nerd on Role-Play Gateway forever* T_T

I blame you for that! *Throws all of his problems on you and cackles*

I can't find anything to say about you either... *Rubs his imaginary beard*

You're a great greeter?
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : Hell... but I think the more technical term is Arizona. It's just as hot though, so what's the difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am

'Lo! I hail from the land Of RPGateway, and I understand the trails you must have faced. The--

WHAT THE HELL A GIANT CENTEPEDE JUST RAN OVER MY FOOT!!!!

*Kills it with fire and acid!!*
Anyways... Back to the intro...

The ash and dust of RPG's former glory will forever burn in our memories. But fear not my friend, for this place is a eutopia for creative voyagers such as ourselves. May you find peace, balance, and a good read or two in our marbled halls.

Now, if you'll excuse me.

DIE DEMON BUGS DIE AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHHHAH!!!!

Welcome to the boards....

DIE DIE DIE DIDIEIEIEIEIEIEIIEEEE!!!!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 am

Hey, Stro. :]

~ Gets Dragged Here By Someone ~ WelcomeToFOG

I'm not sure how to put the 'a' and 'e' together like that (without copying and pasting), so I will call you Stro. xD

I actually didn't realize that RolePlay Gateway was dying, but I suppose I wouldn't know, since all I do there is look through role-plays to find people to invite here. That was nice of someone to refer you here.

Just from your introduction, it's easy to see what a great writer you are. Nod I also find it interesting that you're a good RP mentor as well. Smile

I hope that you enjoy it here and are able to rekindle that spark in regards to role-playing.

Ragter! *playfully hits you* You are a silly boy. XD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am

People on Role-Play Gateway are just spending too much time focusing on making role-play better than the actual role-play itself. I've been caught up in this, I won't lie, but I'm sick of all that so it's about time I do indeed get my muse back. Very Happy I love the site organization, and the name, as well as the color and all that. Not too bright or dark, wonderful. Even matches my FireFox theme, literally exact colors; that gave me a good laugh due to the irony.

Yeah, a bit of a mentor, I like to offer my assistant as much as I can but I have been, and will be wrong I'm sure. So, if anyone requires help and sees an error I may have made, feel free to surpass the teacher. Razz
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:49 am

Welcome to FOG, Maestro. I can't put the "a" and the "e" together either, but Stro just doesn't make sense to my head.

It is wonderful to have you, and there are already many different, well-written RPs still accepting or looking in a variety of genres - I've no doubt you'll find something to ease into, and gently wake your muse.

Or... throw the alarm clock at her and toss her out of bed. Whatever is needful. *sage nod*

I know nothing about Role-play Gateway for good or ill - never been there, don't plan to go. Still, it's good to have someone who is far more interested in actually doing the roleplays, rather than chatting endlessly about how to do them. I honestly couldn't imagine anything more mind numbingly dull. XD
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, to put the "a" and "e" together you simply use the number pad and hold alt while typing 145.
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

You poor child! I grant you the permission to cry into my bosom! That's an honor in several countries and a few colonies.

I was never a big part of RPG, I had another site to play on. I usually went there for rp quickies because that seemed to be the most you could get out of that site. You look familiar.

I hope you like it here. Not only do we have literate roleplays, but we also have great OOC threads. ^^ I'm sure everyone will welcome you with open arms. (Because if people like me can be accepted in the community it will be easy for you.)
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:16 am

I'm sure I do look familiar seeing how much time I spent there. Lately quick privates and chat role-plays seem to be the only thing you can find; otherwise an advanced literate role-play is a needle in a haystack. And hey, you may find a lot of those, and I may be wrong, but most of them just die off and get ruined by morons. I pray I don't encounter the same problem here. I spent a year on Role-Play Gateway so time for me to move on. Although I recently created a few role-plays there, so I'm still sticking around for that and a few other obligations. For any Avatar fans here, I might just move my Avatar role-play here or recreate it to see how it fairs. Also have another role-play that is an original fantasy which took up quite some time creating, but it's very advanced so doing it twice wouldn't be a good idea.

Last edited by Mæstro on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:24 am

Saying "very advanced" to some of us is a lot like holding a treat up in front of a dog. Our Avatar roleplay may have a spot open due to the inactivity of another player.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:28 am

I may bring my fantasy role-play here depending on how it does, but it has yet to even go into IC, so I'm not going to think ahead. My Avatar role-play is IC, just posted it yesterday I believe, but I could start it here and see how it does for fun.

Yes! I did glance at that role-play, but personally for some reason I don't really like the idea of bringing back Ozai, and all of that nonsense. My Avatar role-play is original and starts off with a whole new Avatar, and a time way beyond the Fire Nation.
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:34 am

Hey guys, why don't you just copy+paste his name?

Mæstro - Voi la. Simple as pie!

Welcome to the community Mæstro! Hope you have a great time and don't shy from asking questions should you have any!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 am

I might join. I was in a roleplay and it died. I never got to flesh out my giant freak of a mad scientist.(Because every Avatar RP needs a man of science in my opinion.) I'd feel like I was cheating on my other RP though.

I guarantee that there's a huge difference between the IC in RPG and the IC here. You know, like the pre-existing paragraph standards and whatnot. Fate really did make this a safe haven for literacy. God, I love that woman.

I don't copy and paste his name because. . . . BECAUSE DAMMIT!!!! I'm too amazing for that.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 am

Yes, simple as copying and pasting but for those lazy people out there, feel free to still call me Stro. Razz Thank you Tempest, I promise if I have any questions I will surely ask. Also, never got a scientist figure or anything like that in my role-play, so that'd be new. Role-Play Gateway is just bluntly said, full of people who can't write or follow rules. I already had someone just post in my Avatar IC who didn't join the OOC which irritated me. People can’t follow simple guidelines and think they can do whatever they want. Evil or Very Mad It's not that hard to follow the rules or even use proper grammar/spelling. Hell, they have simple word programs that fix things like that. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I may post up my Avatar role-play here later. Smile
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

*is hit by Fate* ;-; What'd Ragter do?

Anyways...

HECK YEAH I'M A GOOD GREETER, BETTER THEN YOU CAN EVER HOPE TO BE!

*men in white coats come rushing in to put Ragter to sleep*
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 pm

*Waves goodbye* Have a nice day crazy greeting person.
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Welcome to FoG, Mœstro. I actually discovered the œ is achieved by typing Alt+0156 when I tested it after you requested being called by the full name or Stro, but your way works, too. EDIT: I just realized that the symbol looks a bit different depending on which Alt code you use. I think I'll still with your Alt+145.

I’m sure you’ll quickly discover that the advanced, literate label is quite unnecessary here. I’ve only ever had to use it on avatar sites, but I’m sure I probably came close in another forum website from where I came after receiving an invitation from Fate.

OMG! There are so many Avatards here! We’re happy to have another one. I am not ashamed to say that I am the reason that there are more Avatards here than there were before I mentioned the show. There’s an Avatar role play that I created, but it has a waiting list. Another player who decided he didn’t want to wait any longer is also contemplating creating an Avatar based role play. I’m curious to learn what the plot of your own role play based in that world is.

Also, Ragter’s a “junior” greeter for the very reason that he could never hope to reach the level Diodri has achieved. I don't believe any of us could, really.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Yes, Avatar by far is the best cartoon in the world. It is one cartoon I can constantly watch and never tire of - I tend to constantly watch all three seasons. I just can't wait for the movie, mostly because of curiosity. I don't think it will match the show however. Sad I did post my Avatar RP just now out of boredom. Razz

Ragter... hm, we shouldn't give crazy people the title of best greeter ever... *Jots notes down*
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I actually don't consider Avatar: The Last Airbender to be a cartoon. Cartoons are actually animated shows that have no ongoing plot. Avatar has a plot that flows throughout the entire series, including its filler episodes, so I just call it an animated series.

I can't tire of it, either. The only episode within the entire series that I don't have any qualms skipping is Book One: Water, Chapter 11: "The Great Divide" because it's pointless, exaggerates the characters, and it's boring. However, I heard that a lot of people thought Book Two: Earth, Chapter 13: "Journey to Ba Sing Se, Part 2: The Drill" was boring, and I really thought that one was exciting, so it's all a matter of opinion.

I'm really obsessed with the show. I also revel in causing others to develop an obsession for it. I'm both excited and frightened for the live action movie, but my friend, Laura, and I are going to go to the midnight showing of it if they have one. If not, we're probably going to go to the first viewing of it that they have or something. I made her almost as obsessed as I am. We both reference the show in our daily lives. XD

Well, I'm certain they'll have both the very beginning and the very end of Book One: Water in the movie, and they'll also have Chapter 6: "Imprisoned," but there isn't really enough time to add much more than those three parts. I know Aang is still goofy looking, the Southern Water Tribesmen are pale white, their costumes are tan rather than blue, and the Royal Fire Nation Family are Indians rather than fair skinned people. Sokka will also still have his boomerang. I'm still worried about a lot of things, but I'll just continue to worry until I see it with my own eyes.

Laura and I plan to watch the entire series before we go see the movie, so I'm pretty sure when the next one comes around we're going to watch the entire series plus the first movie, and we'll repeat this with the second movie added when the third comes to theatres, so I'm probably just going to buy all the movies even if I hate them. =3

I honestly don't tire of talking about the show, either. I'm sure you'll soon find that if you don't realize it already. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Yeah, I skip the Great Divide and a few other episodes myself. Razz Being an Avatard feel free to talk about Avatar to your heart’s desire. Don't find it to be a cartoon eh? Well, I was just being lazy and calling it that for the sake of whatever. Razz I'll probably end up watching the series yet again soon enough. I was busy watching a few other series on HBO out of boredom and curiosity, so haven't began watching Avatar yet again. I don't watch TV much so I watch Avatar a lot as a substitution.
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Well, I have all three boxed sets on DVD, so I can just watch them whenever I want. I just finished watching it not too long ago with my grandmother just before I started my Avatar role play for the first time. The one that's up now is the second try with a slightly altered plot.

Honestly, I'm basically FoG's Wan Shi Tong of Avatar, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Yeah, I got all three box-sets as well. Smile
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Don't you just love them! I absolutely love the super deformed shorts in the special features of Book Two: Earth's boxed set. They're so cute and funny! My favorite is the "School Time Shipping" one. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mæstro Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Haha, yes, those are quite cute and amusing. Laughing
Mæstro
Mæstro
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:52 pm

I can't get over how it ended where Zuko's like, "I did not see that coming." or in the beginning when Sokka was wondering whether to take Suki or Yue to the dance, and Suki's like, "Back off! I saw him first!" and Yue's like, "Don't make me use my moon powers!"

Ugh... I get so giddy over the entire series, but chibi Avatar characters are amazing. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 am

*walks back in, dazed* Dis the avatar thread?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:06 am

Your greeting skills are going downhill, Ragter. I think you should really try to up the anti before you get demoted from "junior greeter" to "regular member."

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 am

Nevar, I'm good as it is.

;-; I bet you couldn't do better.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:33 am

I never signed up to be an official greeter. I have been doing better than your last couple of greetings, though. :: pats ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum