FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi to everyone!

+4
Fate Flyer
Dio the Awesome
Ragter the junior greeter
Aslanemperor
8 posters

Go down

Hi to everyone! Empty Hi to everyone!

Post by Aslanemperor Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 am

Hi! I've been here for a week or so technically, but it just occurred that I never introduced myself. My name is Dana, but you can call me Aslan. Not Asian. A-S-L-A-N. Thanks!
Let's see. I'm a Pagan, and I worship the goddess Morrighan. I love to debate, so feel free to send me a PM if you think you can match wits! Just don't send me anything if you get all emotional over stuff.
I love to RP all kinds of things, but generally I don't much like one on ones! This is not to say I won't do one if you can show me something interesting! Just don't be to disappointed if I'm not interested in your one on one. It's nothing to do with you, it's just my preference. I still recall seriously upsetting my ex-girlfriend because I got bored with our one on one romance RP. Not her fault, she did an excellent job, it just got old.
On the other hand, I ADORE a good group RP with an intriguing story! If the story is good enough, I will RP almost any Genre. I even once RPed a modern gang warfare RP that ended up being rather fun.
I LOVE to read, and my favorite author is Robert Jordan (AKA James Oliver Rigney Jr.), may he rest in peace. The Wheel of Time series is by far the greatest I've ever read in my opinion. It's been said that Jordan is the new Tolkien, but in my mind, Tolkien never wrote anything even half as good as the Wheel of Time. (Prepares for the flame wars over the former statement and cringes)
All that being stated, if you want someone to chat with, or you want to RP, send me a message and add me to your friends list. Note however, if I have never spoken to you, I will deny your friend request immediately. Send me a note about why you're adding me and I'll accept you so long as your not made completely of FAIL!
Um... That's all! Good morning! It's 8:56AM, do you know where your RPC's are right now?
~Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Hi to everyone! Empty Re: Hi to everyone!

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

Lesse, lesse..

First off, Aslan, you're a lion, right? That lives in Narnia? Okay, good, we have to establish stuff like this.

First off, when did Narnia get computers, at all? It was never even hinted that such technology was to come.

Second off, I enjoy books as well, but am perplexed as to how a lion can read, much less actually get books.

Oh, and in closing, I DON'T FAIL, YOU DO./rage
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 am

Oh look what clever Aslanemperor, see him roleplay, watch him write.
How I LOVE that GOODIE GOODIE!
How he make my creativity churn.

*Jumps off a desk*

I've got a little secret, that'll really make Ragter cry.
It's a nasty kind of intro, from a special kind of guy.

*Dances*

This forums made to order, but it isn't to be flamed, when you open up this thread, you're greeted inside instead by the most unpleasant pleasant people you've ever seen, the magic forum of F O G!

Very awesome and non-abusing, roleplay section of YOUR choosing, the magic forum of F O G!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Waves goodbye*

Welcome to the boards.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 am

Hey, Alsan. It's good to meet you. Smile

Hi to everyone! WelcomeToFOG

Lol I could see getting bored with a one-on-one romance RP upsetting your girlfriend. I think that group role-plays can definitely be entertaining, since there are so many people contributing to the story.

Laughing Great note to end on! I hope that you enjoy yourself here!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:30 am

Welcome to FOG, Aslan, and good to have you.

I will, of course, disagree with you to the day I die concerning your assessment of Tolkien, but I don't hold a grudge, and am perfectly capable of agreeing to disagree. Wink I'm afraid I've gotten too old and set in my ways, so unfortunately I won't be PMing you for a debate - it's unlikely I'd change my mind anyway. *grins*

And somehow I think the use of the screen name "Aslan" by a confirmed Pagan will also make me grin widely every time I see it, but I still likey... hehehe

I'm sure that you will find all you are looking for here at FOG - there are a great many good RPs and RPers here, and lots of variety. So yes, welcome! Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aslanemperor Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 am

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Lesse, lesse..

First off, Aslan, you're a lion, right? That lives in Narnia? Okay, good, we have to establish stuff like this.

First off, when did Narnia get computers, at all? It was never even hinted that such technology was to come.

Second off, I enjoy books as well, but am perplexed as to how a lion can read, much less actually get books.

Oh, and in closing, I DON'T FAIL, YOU DO./rage
This coming from the guy who didn't know that magical lions who can talk can most likely read as well. Also, note that a Lion who can create an entire world (Read "The Magician's Nephew), in which one can grow taffy trees, he can certainly plant a supercomputer from Earth and create a Supercomputer tree, then daisychain the fruits to make the most awesome network EVAH!!!!
Anyway! Good Morning!
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aslanemperor Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 am

Diodri wrote:Oh look what clever Aslanemperor, see him roleplay, watch him write.
How I LOVE that GOODIE GOODIE!
How he make my creativity churn.

*Jumps off a desk*

I've got a little secret, that'll really make Ragter cry.
It's a nasty kind of intro, from a special kind of guy.

*Dances*

This forums made to order, but it isn't to be flamed, when you open up this thread, you're greeted inside instead by the most unpleasant pleasant people you've ever seen, the magic forum of F O G!

Very awesome and non-abusing, roleplay section of YOUR choosing, the magic forum of F O G!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Waves goodbye*

Welcome to the boards.
O_O Wow... I um... no... Just wow... O_O
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

So he can make a computer from trees?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Welcome to FOG!

Good to see so much open personality in your introduction post! Smile

Should you have any questions feel free to ask!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Asian! Er....I mean Aslan! ::pets mane::
You know, I never RPed with my ex-girlfriend for that same reason. I'd have gotten bored and she wouldn't let me live it down. ::Imagines the scenario:: Yeah, it wouldn't have been pretty.

You'll probably fare well here in FOG. Just don't feed anyone after midnight. Especially me.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Aslanemperor wrote:
I LOVE to read, and my favorite author is Robert Jordan (AKA James Oliver Rigney Jr.), may he rest in peace. The Wheel of Time series is by far the greatest I've ever read in my opinion. It's been said that Jordan is the new Tolkien, but in my mind, Tolkien never wrote anything even half as good as the Wheel of Time. (Prepares for the flame wars over the former statement and cringes)

Bold statement, but challenging statements of that sort are a good thing.

I tend to view Tolkien's genius in that of establishing the genre as well as that he wrote down how to go about worldbuilding. There are people who love Tolkien, and then there's guys like me, who are kind of ambivalent about it. One of the greats, but I suppose my taste just differs.

Anyway, that rumination out of the way, welcome to the board. And you might want to note that there is a Wheel of Time thread getting started on this board to check out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Welcome to FoG, Aslan.

I've studied a bit of paganism, but I was never one with nature, and I have too difficult a time wrapping my head around the idea of one or more deities. I still think it's neat that others can, so I don't grudge others their beliefs. Just because a deity alludes me, it doesn't mean spirituality does. I actually have many beliefs that mirror those of paganism- not to mention a vast collection of other religions.

Also, we're actually really good about not flaming anyone. A lot of us recognize that everyone has her or his own opinions, and it's really not our duty to sway another's beliefs to our own.

I've never read The Wheel of Time books, but I have read The Lord of the Rings. I believe, personally, that Tolkien is an excellent writer, but he tends to bog his writing with too much geographical information. It was his style, and I enjoyed it enough, but it took me four tries and a few months on the last try to finally succeed. I don't blame you for not enjoying Tolkien's writing as much as another's.

I hope you enjoy yourself in FoG. It's a pretty dandy site.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum