FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eh, why not?

+4
Dio the Awesome
Ragter the junior greeter
Kathryn Lacey
Ultimate Aries
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eh, why not? Empty Eh, why not?

Post by Ultimate Aries Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:53 pm

First Ehoron, then Sunni, then Ack...yeah, I think it's becoming a trend for S*T people to lurk on here. From what I hear, this is ironic. And thus hysterical.

Hello, moshi-moshi, guten tag, etc. Aries has come to lurk on your board, make sarcastic comments for arbitrary reasons, ramble about webcomics, and make a general nuisance of myself. Look upon me, mortals, and despair! I am also the vanguard for the oncoming Not-A-Church invasion who will lead the way for a horde of vicious spammers and other miscreants.

On a slightly more serious note, I'm marginally interested in this place, if only so I can get an excuse to stay away from S*T while the poor girls who are kindly not nagging me for a post cool down and forget that i exist. Dear god I hope said girls aren't already here and just under the radar... Fear
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : I'm pretty sure it's somewhere south of the Seventh Circle of Hell

Back to top Go down

Eh, why not? Empty Re: Eh, why not?

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 am

Actually, Lucian, Xiantic, and I are also from S*T, and we were here before the other three you mentioned, sooo yeah... ^^_^^

Though you've expressed only mild interest, I hope that you can find more enjoyment here than you originally expect.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 am

*cough* Well I kinda never count Xiantic. And...er...to be honest, I didn't really know you existed. Hmm

At one point I lurked over Ehoron's shoulders while he was here playing with Avatar people, and the ensuing drama was enough to make me taste lunch a second time. This is why my interest is mild. I'm sure it'll improve with time.

Of course, picking up a third site means that TGC is gonna kill me, but if it means keeping my creative spark under control I'll deal with it.
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 am

I'm surprised you don't count Xiantic, as he had a legendary status on S*T at one point. I was only an off-and-on S*T person. I would role play a bit, then I would disappear because I got bored with the lack of good role plays.

Are you referring to the "drama" of our trying to work through the kinks of making an Avatar related role play or the drama between the two sites?

I hope time does raise your interest without causing massive amounts of spamming and trolling for this board.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 am

*ahem* The spamming thing was a joke. >.>

I believe the drama in question was when the man with the claim to Zuko or the Zuko-like character went appropriately emo both IC and unfortunately OOC. I heard much complaining. Honestly, I know nothing of the enmity between FOG and S*T. I didn't even know that S*T and FOG had a relationship at all until I looked at Ack's S*T ad on this forum.

Of course, that might be due to that little attention deficit probl--OH LOOK LICD UPDATED!!

Anyway, I'll start checking out RPs tomorrow. If I started tonight there's a good chance I wouldn't be able to get to sleep anytime close to soon. That, and I'd be tempted to play with the dice roller that I just discovered was down there.

*resists the urge*

*makes Will checks to resist the urge*

*goes insane...er*
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:55 am

S*T...is that the actually name of the site? There's nothing in the space of the *? o_O

Anyways..how can a forum that's been up for roughly...4 months? yeah, 4 months have any sort of rivalry already? >>

Welcome to FOG anyhoo, don't mind the death traps around the place.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:07 am

No, of course I don't mind the death traps. I'm a connoisseur of all kinds of entry deterrents, and the ones you have up are quite impressive. It's almost as if you actually don't want certain people to come in, what with the shotgun-and-string traps on the doors and the occasional spiked pitfalls in narrow hallways.

As for the *, the site's official name is Surreal*Twilight, no space with an asterisk instead. It's easier to write S*T...but yeah, the asterisk is official. It has its roots in the same reason why the default color scheme for S*T is pink: years ago, when the site was starting out, it was about 95% female. The asterisk looked prettier.

Long story short, a lot of the old traditions are the result of the early population of the site consisting of nothing but rabid fangirls and bot deterrents.
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 am

Ah...yes, I visited that site after growing curious about this 'ad' I hear ACK made. To be honest, not my cup of tea, that place >> It isn't obvious where the rules are, and if that trial thing doesn't go through, I'd have nothing to do there except plain RP.

Oh, regarding the traps, don't forget the 'darts in the wall activated by a pressure switch' one.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 am

I'm much more worried about the "Playing Celine Dion Music Over the PA System" trap. What kind of sickos are you guys?
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:27 am

I make Dio and Abe Lincoln love fanfictions. Does that answer your question?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 am

*Continued from another thread*

...Und ef I cen accelerate my body to a velocity past the speed oof light, I vill become unstoopable! HAAHAHAHAHAAA!!

*Flips the switch of a detailed machine, detailed in the first thread*

My contraption, it is vorking! Now, to step un the accelerator, and I vill rule the vorld!

*Steps on the portal*

I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
.I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
..I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
...I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
....I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
.....I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
......I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
.......I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
........I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
.........I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!
..........I NOW EXIST IN ALL POSITIONS AT ONCE! LOOK AT ME FLY!

*Dr. Diodri burst in to flame*

Ooch the flames! augh it burns me! AUUUGHHHGHG!

Thus ended the reign of the evil Dr. Dio. Thank you for following my epic story.

Welcome to the boards.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:32 am

Oh, I see. You people are insane! Well, that's comforting and expected. On a related note...

*potshots Dio with an anesthetic-filled elephant gun* Now stop making me doubt reality! I'm messed up enough as it is, and I don't need your help to know that the cyborg ninja-lobsters are out to get me, thankyouverymuch.

...Wait...crap...was that anesthetic measured for humans or baleen whales? I can never remember which is which.
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 am

*drools profusely*
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 am

Heya, Aries! Very Happy

Eh, why not? WelcomeToFOG

I didn't know that you were friends with Ehoron. That's neat. ^^ I guess I get lost in all the internet relationships. Ah, but yay for fun sarcastic remarks. Keeps things interesting, no?

LOL you can play with the dice if you want. xD It works kind of silly though, as it has the Game Master (an actual account here I had to create for it) roll the dice for you. I guess it's supposed to make it look more...official? I don't know, but if you try it out, you'll see what I mean.

Well, I hope you find what you're looking for in role-plays and that perhaps FOG can serve as a side-home to the lovely S*T. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 am

E had no reason to mention me, really, and he's on so rarely and talks so little that it's not surprising that the topic of me never came up. It's one of those things we get a lot, right after "Wait, you guys aren't gay?".

I'll know whether or not I find what I'm looking for when I figure out what it is I'm looking for. For now, I've stayed up insanely late/early, and I need sleep. Good morning/night.
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 am

lol!

That sounds, well, logical. ;] Wow, boy, you are going to sleep not long after I just woke up. You must be exhausted. (Although, it does depend on what time zone you're in.) Sleep well.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 am

I knew you were joking about that... I was also making a joke in mentioning it...

First of all, Zuko's character was pretty emo throughout the majority of the series, and after what he was supposed to have gone through in the role play we made, he had every right to be upset. I think the person who played Zuko played him quite well, actually, and if anyone had any complaints, they obviously didn't say anything about them. I'm sorry Ehoron complained about it so much to you. He certainly said absolutely nothing to me or to the person in question.

Also, that same person was upset about things OoC about which he probably had every right to feel upset. It wasn't like he stormed off the site without a reason, even if I wished he would have stayed. Those problems he had had nothing to do with the role play itself. The role play simply suffered because of the other issues.

Anyway, I hope you do find some role plays that you'll enjoy. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ACK! Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Ultimate Aries wrote:*cough* Well I kinda never count Xiantic.

HAHA. Any bash on Xi always makes me giggle. *waits for him to come by and call her a whore* :O

Ultimate Aries wrote:As for the *, the site's official name is Surreal*Twilight, no space with an asterisk instead. It's easier to write S*T...but yeah, the asterisk is official. It has its roots in the same reason why the default color scheme for S*T is pink: years ago, when the site was starting out, it was about 95% female. The asterisk looked prettier.

Long story short, a lot of the old traditions are the result of the early population of the site consisting of nothing but rabid fangirls and bot deterrents.

I don't know about the rabid fangirls, as I was there when it all started and I didn't see too many of those... But the rest is pretty true. ;P

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Ah...yes, I visited that site after growing curious about this 'ad' I hear ACK made. To be honest, not my cup of tea, that place >> It isn't obvious where the rules are, and if that trial thing doesn't go through, I'd have nothing to do there except plain RP.

Aw... It always make me sad to hear stuff like that... Well, about the rules not being clear to see. The whole point of the new layouts were to make it easier to find information. I guess I fall short sometimes. Sad

But I do realize S*T isn't for everybody, so that's fine! Very Happy

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Anyways..how can a forum that's been up for roughly...4 months? yeah, 4 months have any sort of rivalry already? >>

I know I keep going around and posting about things that deal with S*T... But my big thing is that I clear up things so rumors don't spread--which is mainly how all the bad feelings came around to begin with. :/

The answer is a simple one, Ragter. Fate was one of my admins on S*T. She quit a short time before/after she made FOG. This was around the time another forum popped up as well. What ended up happening was just general feelings of paranoia and distrust between me and all of these other people that just... Fueled into rivalry and hate. But luckily everything has been cleared up now, and we can all co-exist in peeeeaaace.

So anyway... Welcome abroad (intentional), and I'll see you around ARIEESSSS. *fondles*
ACK!
ACK!
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.surreality-rp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Oh, so just paranoia because FOG sprung up? I can see how that would happen ^_^

I can see I didn't give this Aries person a good intro, so..*coughs into his hand*

WELCOME TO FOG, HOME OF TRAPS OF FIRE, HOME OF TRAPS OF DEATH, HOME OF TRAPS OF ALL KINDS.

DON'T MIND THAT FIRE SOUND COMING FROM BEHIND YOU, OR THOSE PRESSURE SWITCHES EITHER.

DON'T AVOID THE POOL, IT'S LOVELY THIS TIME OF YEAR./creepy mode off

Smile Welcome.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm

*manages to write a reply while being fondled* I feel only slightly violated...and much aroused.

Hmmm...when you say "traps" do you mean the hazards you placed around here to scare off the sensitive kiddies, or traps like this?
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:47 pm

WAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT A MINUTE???!!!

Kathryn was on S*T?

You are like, the only person I am absolutely sure I did not see. I mean, unless that smiley thing you do at the end of most of your OOC posts only started here, nope nothing...

Fate
Ack
Aries
Lu
Xi
Lun
Sunni (me)
Anemone
That's all the people I know came from S*T (at least at this moment. I think I know more.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

LunarScorpio and River are also from S*T. I'm kind of surprised not as many people knew about Kathryn though. Maybe she was just more prominent to me since we did some RPs together, but she was involved in the RP that was voted Legendary, so that in itself should have gotten her name out there, I'd have thought.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Lun was LunarScorpio. And I didn't know River was here. But yeah, I'd have to go find that RP and see where she is.

[searches S*T Legendary RPs (all two of them)]
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Aries Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Let's not get into "legendary". I don't think I'll be able to restrain my cynicism. Remember for a moment that we have such short attention spans that certain member ranks involve finishing RPs at all instead of actually accomplishing something with them. -_-;;
Ultimate Aries
Ultimate Aries
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, I found her anyways. She was actually active this year AND in threads I was also active in. So it's weird that I've NEVER noticed her.
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 pm

For traps, I meant the females pretending to be boy traps...a couple Bridget traps, and a boatload of maiming traps.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Female pretending to be a boy...?

How is that a trap...?
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

It's a trap if you're a straight female, Sunni ^_^
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunni Ookami Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm open! D:
Sunni Ookami
Sunni Ookami
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ACK! Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:23 pm

I remember you if that says anything, Kathryn.

And no need to be bitter, Aries. People just get bored, yeah? Or busy... Or... Bored.
ACK!
ACK!
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.surreality-rp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next