FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Office Rivalry [Fate and Scarlet]

2 posters

Go down

Office Rivalry [Fate and Scarlet] Empty Office Rivalry [Fate and Scarlet]

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed May 27, 2009 11:14 am

Mmkay hun. What details do we need to get this thing up and running?
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Office Rivalry [Fate and Scarlet] Empty Re: Office Rivalry [Fate and Scarlet]

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 27, 2009 11:17 am

Well, I'm not sure, exactly lol. Besides our characters? Maybe what kind of office they're working in? The city?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed May 27, 2009 11:21 am

Yeah, I was thinking big city - New York, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, something like that.

Oh, and as for the work place, I was thinking that maybe they work at a headquarters for a real popular magazine like Cosmo or something of the sort. Kinda like that show with David Spade that I can't think of the name of. T_T

I was thinking my character would be a newbie designer or something of the sort and yours would be someone that's been there for quite a while so you'd have a bit of senority, but I'd have that air of hot newbieness. xD

Whatcha think?
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Awesome! I love it. ^^ Haha sounds like fun to me. I thought a big city would be a good place too. Want to just go with New York? That seems like a good hot spot for big magazine corporations. (Oh, and I was thinking of like Devil Wears Prada.)
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed May 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Fate Foretold wrote:Awesome! I love it. ^^ Haha sounds like fun to me. I thought a big city would be a good place too. Want to just go with New York? That seems like a good hot spot for big magazine corporations. (Oh, and I was thinking of like Devil Wears Prada.)

Sweet, New York it is! So you're okay with the rivalry between the gal with senority and the new girl?
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh, yep! I think that we'll enjoy playing our characters. Should be lots of fun lol. I'm going to have to think up some snooty woman who believes she's better than your character since she has worked there longer. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed May 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Lol, I'm working on my gal. I think she's gonna be a person that designs the pages of the magazine and ties it all together. I'm not sure what that would be called?

Anyway, I'll have it up in a bit. <3

Any other details you think we should know? The description of the hunky manager? The title of the magazine?

OOH, idea! Maybe our desk/offices are right near one another or maybe in the same room! You know how some times they have two or three people stationed in one room? That could work! :]
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Something the art department? I don't really know a whole lot about magazine careers. Here though, I'm looking at some different entry-level jobs, and one of them is an Art Assistant. Here's the job description:

You'll probably be doing more administrative follow-up and page proof trafficking here than anything else. There will also be photo research and art research, where you will find pictures and photographs from agencies for relevant pages. Computer knowledge and use is essential, since you will be using scanners, Quark and Photoshop.

To get promoted, you will have to master the look of the magazine you work for, and after work under someone who allows you added responsibilities with pages. This usually comes after 2 years. It is an enormous responsibility to manage the total look of a magazine and many places require you to have added education in mastering copy fitting as well as visuals.

My character will probably be an Associate Editor. Here's my job description:
In general, editors do not write articles. Instead, they form and shape the content of an article, which is usually written by staff writers or freelancers. Editors revise articles and may write headlines and captions and review page proofs. They must also be sure that the articles are the right length. If a story is too long, for instance, it must be cut very carefully to fit the space available. In addition, editors plan the artwork, illustrations, and photos that go with each story. They work closely with the art and production departments to prepare and approve page layouts that carry out the magazine's visual or graphic style. To help them, editors have editorial assistants who may answer letters, do research, or screen manuscripts that arrive at the magazine. When the editor finishes with an article, it goes to a copy editor, who reviews, corrects, and tweaks the article to fit the magazine's style.
Read more: http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/121/Editor-Magazine.html#ixzz0Gjyj8xPY&B

Yeah, probably should know what the manager looks like. xD What do you think of this guy?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rideonway/3062364242/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rideonway/3062364776/in/photostream/

Oh, are we doing our own magazine? Or Cosmo? Or something else? Lol. If we want to do fashion, we could go with Vogue.

Ahh, that would be perfect to be in the same area together, I think.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Mmkay, I'll be an art assistant and you can choose whom you like. I'm collecting information for my character as I type. :]

EDIT: Here's Sadie.

Name: Sadie Boucher [boo-shay].
Age: Sadie is twenty-one years of age - born on the fourth of July.

Appearance:
-eyes: Sadie's eyes almond shaped, framed with long, curled, thick eyelashes and are a chocolate brown color base with swirls of caramel and flakes of a light green. They're also rather wide,which causes them to reflect light - casting a wonderful gleam in her eye.
-hair: Sadie's hair is a dark caramel color and reaches her bust line easily in length.
-randoms:
-height: five foot, six and a half inches
-weight: unknown, claims to be 125 lbs. in weight
-body type: trim and fit with faint outlines of a six pack
-visuals:
one.
two.
three.

Personality: Sadie is extremely independant - which is ironic since she was born on Independance Day. She's also very confident in herself and her abilities which may cause her to come off as a bit cocky at times, even though she is not trying to be. She can be an extreme sweetie when she wants to and she'll try and make you laugh as much as she can. She honestly doesn't care what you think about her or her work, but tries to take critisism politely, even though she tends to have a bit of a temper. She's outgoing, a natural born flirt, sarcastic and playfull. When she gets angry, a totally different side of her is exposed. She's very confrontational, physical and will not hesitate to get in your face, no matter who you are or what your position is.
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Your character is fabulous, Scarlet! Smile She is gorgeous too.

Colette Fantine
Female
24 years old

Appearance:
Picture 1 | Picture 2
-medium length blonde hair
-bright blue eyes
-5'5"
-thin

Background:
Being an optimistic, Colette can find the good in everything, even if something unplanned or unintentional comes up. She was born and raised in an apartment in Manhattan, and her favorite place to hang out and kill time was in Central Park. Though Colette's intelligence can come off intimidating and her personality cold upon first impression, she is a terrific friend to those whom she is close with, and would do anything for them. She has worked very hard her entire life, earning magna cum laude status in high school and summa cum laude at her university, she has earned her position working for a prestigious magazine company as an Associate Editor and hopes to one day become the Editor In Chief - her dream job.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Awesome! I love both our characters! =D
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

*pokes* So are you still interested in doing this? I just wanted to know, because if not, there's a Digimon role-play I'd like to make.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh yeah, I'm still intrested in doing this. Uhm, I'm not sure what else we need to know before we start. Otherwise, I can just randomly start it on my character's first day at the office.

OR

Do you think that it would be better for my character to have already been working there for a while?

Ahhh...possibilities. T_T
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Hmm, probably for awhile, since my character might be a little more civil with yours if she is new. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Mmkay, I'm really sorry that it's taking me so long. Do you think you'd want to start it or do you want to wait for me to post? It's hard for me to type up a super long detailed awesome post while I'm battling others for the computer so THEY can get on myspace. T_T
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down