FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can guarantee...

+8
Hamster
Kalon Ordona II
Inerio
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
Adrius Frostglare
Stion Gyas
KineticAsparagus
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I can guarantee... Empty I can guarantee...

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:04 pm

...that you have no idea how ridiculously excited I am to have found this place. And how bloody pissed off I am that I only found it at the very end of my summer holidays =P

I have a habit of writing stupidly long introductions so I'll try to keep this relatively brief. Hello! I'm... I'm really not bothered about what you want to call me. I mainly go by Kinetic Asparagus (obviously (and no, there's no meaning behind it, the innuendo was accidental, I just liked the sound of it)) or Phoenix Marlowe (Fee, should it please you), or even Lilliah, in some places. I'll never share my real name with you, not for privacy reasons but because my loathing of it is utterly indescribable. I can't stand to hear it. Long story, please don't ask =P

I'm guessing that I'll be one of the younger people here. Biologically. I must admit that although I've read the rules several times over and the general etiquette thread, I haven't as of yet done my recommended stalking lurking, so I'm not altogether comfortable with the standards of writing expected of me here. Yet. =P

Anyway, yes, I'm probably relatively young but rest assured that I'm plenty old enough to know my own mind. To give you a rough idea of what I'm like, I'm a hardcore atheist (who does admit she could be wrong), about as liberal as they get around here (Scotland), a supporter of the legalisation of cannabis despite having never taken any (pity), I find dry humour funniest but seem to only ever make sex jokes because I have no wit of my own... unfortunately... and I think that's all you need to know. Apart from the fact that I abuse "emoticons".

Oh yeah. I'm ginger. You'll probably be hearing that a lot, seeing as I'm utterly convinced that it deems me superior to all other people on the planet =P

Now for the stuff you don't need to know. Very Happy I'm fairly into music... but I tend to dabble in nearly every genre. Femme metal to (the occasional bit of) rap, classical to Lady Gaga (don't shoot!). Favourite things to listen to are generally summed up in: Emilie Autumn, Apocalyptica, Nightwish, Newton Faulkner, Chopin and Bach. I read an awful lot less than I'd like to, but my favourite books/plays include things like Cloud Atlas, Wuthering Heights and Hamlet (oh how I love Hamlet). Don't really watch much TV or many films, but I love Stephen Fry, Top Gear, Stephen Fry, QI, Mock the Week and everything like it, Stephen Fry, and artsy stuff.

On the subject of artsy stuff... well. That's what I wanna do with my life. I love art. My one ambition is to be able to look at something I've written or painted or sculpted or anything and be genuinely proud. To be able to call it Art. [/Cheeseymoment]

Couple of questions:

What's the general attitude towards posting images in RP to establish scenery? I usually just put them in OOC threads but occasionally people object to them being there at all. It's not as though I do it regularly.

How many smileys can I get away with before I annoy you all to hell and back? Very Happy

Private messages are private, yes? I never used to ask until I set up my own (now long dead) forum where I, as admin, could actually read PMs. Needless to say I found a new server thingy format thingy pretty instantly where that wasn't a feature, but I thought I should make sure. =]

...please don't bite me? Blah Blah Blah

(And yes, this IS me trying to keep it short =P)
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

I can guarantee... Empty Re: I can guarantee...

Post by Stion Gyas Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Only a ginger can call another ginger ginger. Very Happy

Welcome, Kinetic Asparagus. I haven't read your whole post quite yet, I just noticed ginger. I acknowledge your superiority. Have fun. Very Happy
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Bite you? Why would I do tha- OOOOOOOOO GINGERBREAD! Very Happy No, no, wait... we have a "no cannibalism" policy... damn.

But you're still welcome Smile

...If you have a sugar coating, I just might have to jail myself...

Ahem. As to answer your questions...

1) On the matter of pictures, it's not particularly discouraged that I know of. Uncommon, but not really obstructed. Most of us just describe the scenery.
2) Smileys, well... I think the general idea is that they're fine so long as they are kept out of IC posts. Beyond that, distaste varies from individual to individual.

An' welcome to FOG my sweets.

Erm, sweet.

Honey.

I better stop.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi, KineticAsparagus!

I can guarantee... WelcomeToFOG

I'm happy that you found us and that we are what you've been looking for. ^_^ It's too bad though that it's the end of your summer vacation!

I'm glad too that you've already familiarized yourself with our rules. That is always a perfect first step. Enjoy lurking now!

I'm envious of your Scottish...ness. XD Oh, and even more envious that you're a redhead! Red hair is my absolute favorite. (Just ask onenitedrive here, my fiancé! lol I talk about it a lot for some reason.) That's great too that you're an atheist. We certainly don't have enough of them in the world. I'm somewhere probably in between agnostic and atheist.

We don't have any rules or expectations when it comes to images inside of role-plays. The only thing that would stop you is if the people you are RPing with would prefer it if you left them out, so you can just ask them what they think.

Oh, and yep, private messages are, indeed, private. Even I can't read other's PMs (unless of course they send it to me). So, wow, yeah no worries there.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! Very Happy Especially for the gingerlove xD

I must admit, one of the perks of being both ginger AND Scottish is how wonderfully well I fit the stereotype. Apparently it puts me in a significantly better position to convince naive foreigners (usually Americans, I must admit) of the peculiarities of The Haggis =P
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Lol that just reminds me of the "Cuz I'm Scottish" video from YouTube. XD Hilarious! You are rather pretty too, by the way! I wish I could hear your Scottish accent when you post hehe.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh... thank you Giggle (You guys don't have the right blushing smiley I was after so that'll have to do =P)

*wanders over to profile*

And I can truthfully say, so are you. Very Happy

As for the accent... is anybody familiar with the Cinnamon Challenge? xD If you're not... nevermind, you can just watch me make a fool of myself Very Happy

www.youtube.com/user/phoenixmarlowe
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:58 pm

KineticAsparagus wrote:I have a habit of writing stupidly long introductions so I'll try to keep this relatively brief. Hello! I'm... I'm really not bothered about what you want to call me. I mainly go by Kinetic Asparagus (obviously (and no, there's no meaning behind it, the innuendo was accidental, I just liked the sound of it)) or Phoenix Marlowe (Fee, should it please you), or even Lilliah, in some places. I'll never share my real name with you, not for privacy reasons but because my loathing of it is utterly indescribable. I can't stand to hear it. Long story, please don't ask =P

Observation: Or I can refer to you as "Organic Meatbag #256. You meatbags and your idiosyncratic names, they all lack the clear purpose of a proper designation and a number.

KineticAsparagus wrote:Oh yeah. I'm ginger. You'll probably be hearing that a lot, seeing as I'm utterly convinced that it deems me superior to all other people on the planet =P

Statement: You meatbags do enjoy your delusions. While you may be somewhat superior in comparison to other organic meatbags, though I do not consider this to be any particular reason to be proud, you are most certainly inferior to a droid tasked with programming that imitates your functions, thus rendering you, like the rest of your kind, expendable.

Amendment: Except the master, of course. Heh-heh-heh.

(Welcome to FOG, organic meatbag #256. Wink Enjoy the RP.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 pm

....Relatively...brief? How is that brief? o_O

I suppose the only thing I can say to your intro post is that I too, am an atheist who thinks he could be wrong.

Other then that...

Uh...

Hi?
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:10 pm

KineticAsparagus wrote:Oh... thank you Giggle (You guys don't have the right blushing smiley I was after so that'll have to do =P)

*wanders over to profile*

And I can truthfully say, so are you. Very Happy

As for the accent... is anybody familiar with the Cinnamon Challenge? xD If you're not... nevermind, you can just watch me make a fool of myself Very Happy

www.youtube.com/user/phoenixmarlowe
Aw, thank you. Sweat Drop

I didn't know what the Cinnamon Challenge was, but I found a definition from searching Google. That just sounds like it could be horrible! XD Congrats on doing it! Clap Lol. Your accent is awesome! I like how you pronounce things. Hehehe I also liked that you said, "I must be utterly mental."
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:....Relatively...brief? How is that brief? o_O

Key word here is relatively. Relative to my other, longer, more annoying introductions xD

@Fate: Yes, horrible is the right word exactly... I can't eat cinammon anymore xD I did the bloody thing three times in two days XD
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I bet if cinnamon was bad, cayenne pepper or dried ginger would be worse.

They'd all probably dry your mouth out and achieve the same thing, but with a much higher degree of sadism.

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:29 pm

...you're probably right, there. To be honest, I'd really rather not find out xD
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Don't look into her eyes guys, she'll steal away your soul. Gingers do that. : |

KINETIC ASPARAGUS!!! YOU MAY BASK IN THE GLOW OF MY PRESENCE AND MAKE DIRTY SEX JOKES ALONG WITH ME!!! ::dramatic pose:: I have given you permission. NOW BASK IN MY GLOW DAMMIT!!! u__u
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

*eek*

See... thing is... I have my own glow. My hair's so bright that it'll blind yoooooou... I suppose we could go for mutual basking? xD
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Kinsie! ^_^ (don't know if you like nicks. it just came to me)

I don't think you'll have ANY problem with the post length requirements here. Laughing

And hooray for accents! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Inerio has a brighter glow then you at the moment...

No offense Smile
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:36 pm

None taken. I'm still ginger xD

And I have absolutely no objection to any nicknames whatsoever, for the record =P
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Henceforth, you are known as Aspgus.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

...that looks a little like Ass-puss xD Or Ass-pus, which might be somewhat more objectionable xD
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Aspgus
Ass-puss

I...don't see how they look anything alike.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Sounds, then, Mr Pedantry.
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:41 pm

*bites Fee* ^_^

(gently, of course)
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KineticAsparagus Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Hello Illi! Very Happy Lovely to see you here. Funny how things like this happen... small world, eh? Wink Razz
KineticAsparagus
KineticAsparagus
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:44 pm

KineticAsparagus wrote:Hello Illi! Very Happy Lovely to see you here. Funny how things like this happen... small world, eh? Wink Razz

Yeah, espcially when we make it smaller by pointing each other to places. Very Happy

I'll go and make my own introduction thread now, a significantly smaller one than yours. XD
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 pm

::laughing at Ass-Puss comment::
My family is now staring at me like I'm barfing out a catfish<---(wanted to sound original)

I wish I had an accent! I could fake an accent. >> A new jersey accent.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I can guarantee... Picture-16

Welcome and enjoy. Very Happy
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 pm

I can't help it...

WHY SO SERIOUS
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome to FOG, Asp. It looks like you've already had the welcome wagon thoroughly throw at your doorstep, but I'll still just add my two cents and say it's good to have you, too. Wink
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:50 am

I love faking accents! xD
I've got a couple really good European accents, especially British, if I do say so myself. British and Irish mainly, but I've got several different versions of the English accents.

I can actually pull off Christopher Lee, for example, at a stretch. Though I can't do it for very long, lol. While I can imitate actors quite well, most of my accents are actually more original.

Anyway that's probably rambling.
Accents are awesome.
Accents are fun. cheers

I wonder if people from other countries think Americans have an accent.... Shocked
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum