FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

+16
Hisoka
Slig
Kaito
Ragter the junior greeter
quakernuts
M4Minion
Digital Muse
Chainlinc3
Dax
Shadow Moonseye
IConsumedMyWings
Gadreille
Gunneh
Bird of Hermes
Eternity
Loki
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What shall be the next theme for the showdown characters?

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Votele1013%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Voteri10 13% 
[ 1 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Votele1013%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Voteri10 13% 
[ 1 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Votele100%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Votele100%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Votele1074%The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Voteri10 74% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

Post by Loki Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 am

<Mel> Indi wins for pure swav bad assness.
<Mel> Sure, Riddick has 'skills'. But the guy isn't nearly as classically cool as Indi.
<Xv_Loki_vX> [Please forward all opinions to the thread.]
<Mel> I'm lazy.
<Mel> So... no.
<Mel> You can copy-paste my opinion, Loki... Razz
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [Movie Edition]

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm

True Loki. Indy does struggle. But you should ask yourself. Has he ever lost? Nope. But neither has Riddick. However ask yourself this, have you ever seen Riddick struggle to win? I got to tell you I don't remember a time. Perhaps it's because he doesn't want to show it, or he's just that bad ass but he never has. So ask yourself how would he fair IF he does struggle. The greats are measured by how easily they run through competition. It's how they fair after they've been broken down and still manage to pull out a win. For Indy. It's his bread and butter. For Riddick. Not so much. I think he chokes.

Chaos vs Reason. Lawlessness vs Order. Ect ect. Wait this sounds like something I've heard before. Joker vs Batman? It is. Though Spock isn't afraid to kill, and everyone knows the only reason Joker is still around is Batman's rule against killing. I think Spock will be doing Gotham and Batman a favor.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:33 pm

I think the Joker kicks spock's ass personally. The Joker lest we forget is devious enough to outsmart pretty much anyone, regardless of Spock's alien intellect the Joker specializes in finding any weakness in a person no matter how emotionless and dedicated and then destroying them. He would do it to Spock just like everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Indy vs Riddick? Old favorite vs pure animal survivor. Much as I hate to admit it, I have to gove this one to Riddick. He would not let up, not capture Indy, just so he can wriggle out of it. He'd just flat eliminate him. *sigh. I loved you Indy.

Spock vs Joker. This one isn't so simple as the first. But, I have to give this one to Spock. While Batman is high on the deduction and intellect scale, he is a character full of foibles, psychoses and buttons for the Joker to push. Joker can and does get inside his head and creates a world of hurt. Spock, on the other hand has few if any such issues to exploit and is far superior to Batman in intellect. Thus he'd negate Joker's major weapon. And as Squalleh said, he has no compunctions against killing IF there is no other option. Spock all the way on this round.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Been away from this thread for a while, but for this round...well.

Indy vs Riddick would definitely end with Riddick winning. As Muse said, Riddick would not relent, not just capture Indy. He would flat out try his best to kill Indy. I haven't seen the Indiana Jones films, but I don't think Indy can fight a 1v1 fight head-on.

Spock vs Joker isn't simple, as Muse said. Ultimately though, I do think the Joker would win. Mostly, this is because the Joker is flat out crazy, and I don't think Spock would be used to fighting insane people like the Joker. Also, if they're allowed access to items, all Joker would have to do is douse the area with laughing gas. Then again, Spock might just shoot him with a phaser or something before that could happen. It'd be close, but like I said, the Joker wins.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

The Joker may be insane, but he always has a method to his plots. If he was truly random with his actions, then Spock would certainly be fighting an uphill battle. Unfortunately for the madman, his tricks are very well thought out and thus able to be predicted and circumvented by Spock's genius. Where the joker will be taking a round about way of eliminating his enemy, Spock will see that the most efficient way will be one of the quickest. No games, just a quick and effective death.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Voting is now open!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:42 pm

I have also been absent for awhile. I even left before my mafia man was pitted against Indy, a battle which I totally think the Don would have won easily, but oh well. Wink

Anyway, for this round, lets see...

Indy vs. Riddick...
The only way I see Riddick winning this is if the lights, wherever they are, are shut off and they fight in the dark (Riddick has nightvision). Otherwise I have never really seen Riddick engage in combat, so... I am principally undecided on this one.

Spock vs. Joker
Spock wins, hands down, no questions asked. The main weapon for the Joker is outsmarting his enemy and using one's emotions against them. Spock has no emotions and is far smarter than any man, so there ya go.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Dax wrote:I have also been absent for awhile. I even left before my mafia man was pitted against Indy, a battle which I totally think the Don would have won easily, but oh well. Wink

Anyway, for this round, lets see...

Indy vs. Riddick...
The only way I see Riddick winning this is if the lights, wherever they are, are shut off and they fight in the dark (Riddick has nightvision). Otherwise I have never really seen Riddick engage in combat, so... I am principally undecided on this one.

Spock vs. Joker
Spock wins, hands down, no questions asked. The main weapon for the Joker is outsmarting his enemy and using one's emotions against them. Spock has no emotions and is far smarter than any man, so there ya go.

Actually if you watch the movie the fact that Spock has emotions is very much played up. If you remember he was driven to an almost insane state of anger that led to his attacking the protagonist of the movie. I point this out because According to the movie which is what we are going on Spock seems unstable which would make him easy for the Joker to manipulate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Leonard Nimoy appearing in the recent movie validates the old TV Spock. Nod
Also, the Joker would be hard pressed to replicate the effects of Killing Off Billions Of Your Kind In A Single Moment By Destroying Your Entire Planet. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 pm

To be honest, I could see the Joker gunning for that just to tick Spock off. If I remember right, the Joker was willing to destroy Gotham just to get at Batman. Sure, genociding an entire race isn't that easy, but...it is the Joker; he pulls off all kinds of stuff.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:36 am

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Leonard Nimoy appearing in the recent movie validates the old TV Spock. Nod
Also, the Joker would be hard pressed to replicate the effects of Killing Off Billions Of Your Kind In A Single Moment By Destroying Your Entire Planet. xD

Muse posted the Zachary Quinto version of Spock, which is the one our decisions are to be guided by. That said, I still think the Joker doesn't have what it takes to break him down enough to be victorious. It took a lot of pressure to get him to take a swing before returning to his logical self. A single punch is a far cry from doing something that would otherwise present a significant opening.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Round 13
Indiana Jones – 5
Riddick - 7 (Winner)

Round 14
The Joker – 7 (winner)
Spock - 6

Discussion for THE FINAL BATTLE is now open!
Riddick vs The Joker

Anybody may voice their opinions on the matter at any time.

Furthermore, I have opened a poll to decide the next theme for Ultimate Showdown characters!

This will be a tough bout. Riddick has, or had, those who he cared about in his own way and clearly shown his ability to obtain his own form of justice in the most brutally efficient way possible. Personally, if the Joker was to try his tricks on Riddick, I think he would find himself with a nine-inch dagger spiked in his domepiece much like the last guy who tried it. Unlike Batman, Riddick has no objection for killing and will not hesitate for a moment to do so.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 am

Riddick, easy as winking.

(I wonder what Riddick vs. Spock would look like...)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4