FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion!

+11
Reffy
Tempest
Fluff
Rok
Psychotic Felix
Kalon Ordona II
Dio the Awesome
Adrius Frostglare
LunarScorpio
Fate Flyer
Lara
15 posters

Go down

FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion! Empty FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm

I can't believe I beat Fate to this, but after prowling Forumotion's Help board for cool graphics I saw her request for a review and noticed that the results JUST NOW (like merely minutes ago) came in! I tried posting this in the News forum but its on lock down to staff only, so a mod may have to move this later to its more appropriate spot.

Anywho, enough with the banter!

Here's the Official Review by Rok, Forumotion Reviewer

Here's the full review below if you don't wanna see for yourself:

Your Forum Review
FOG : Footsteps of Ghosts

Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score: 10/10):
    Firstly, I'd like to say that the entrance homepage of your forum was very great and nicely setup. Secondly, kudos to the forum index. Very nice banner, intriguing homepage message, a fitting theme, and beautiful activity. I love the whole forum, and it's definitely appealing to guests. Great work, bud.
  2. Index Appearance (Score: 10/10):
    The index, again, is a brilliant piece of work. Almost every single one of your sections are active and there has been new posts in the past 24 hours. The discussion forum descriptions are awesome; I was sitting there reading each and every one of them, lol. You also have some brilliant ideas for role-playing. This section is a very unique and quite interesting way to role-play. I absolutely love the ideas. Once again, kudos.
  3. Categories & Forums (Score: 8/10):
    There's an efficient amount of categories and forums - not too much, and not too less. As stated before, the discussion forum descriptions are very interesting and very enjoyable to just sit and read. Also, each discussion forum has a decent amount of activity and posts.
    Furthermore, there is one small issue that I have found with the categories and discussion forums, and the issue is that the last two discussion forums are 'postless' and irrelevant. Also, if I may suggest, instead of having the Archives as just one categorical section, why not just make each Archives section a subforum of the main discussion forum that it's relevant to. It'd be a lot easier, and you'll also have much more room on the index so everything won't be so buldged together. But, you've still outdone yourself, and you definitely seserve some credit for the discussion forum descriptions and the categories and forums altogether. Nice work for this criteria!

Generalities total: 28/30

Forum Style

1. Banner & Navigation Bar (Score: 10/10):
    Banner
    The banner is quite nice and extremely appealing. It directly fits the theme and color scheme of the forum index as well as the forum as a whole. 5/5
    Navigation Bar
    I love how you edited the CSS for the navigation bar to have it glow when hovered. You did a great job for that. 5/5
  2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score: 8/10):
    I'm not a big fan of dark themes because I'm use to light themes as my forum is based and focused directly on a light theme. However, your theme layout and color scheme works great for the general topic of your forum: supernatural nature and role-play. Awesome work on the layout, but may I suggest adding some kind of nice design besides of just having solid gray and black colors. You should get some kind of 'supernatural design' (I don't know the words to describe it) for the category header images so the forum won't look so blank, and then you'll be set. I would recommend a design similar to the one on your banner.
  3. Images & Icons (Score: 10/10):
    The Who Is Online? image is pretty cool. I don't really know what it is expressing, but I think it's some kind of trail? Anyway, foggy woods are a nice and 'horrid' (if I might say Razz) design to stick with because of how the banner has the design. The discussion forum icons are very good, too.

Style total: 28/30

Forum Moderation & Groups

1. Staff Population (Score: 9/10):
    There's 2 members of Administration (including yourself), 2 members of Global Moderation, and 4 members of Moderation (considering them being dividing into two different groups.) That's an absolutely perfect amount of staff members considering your forum's activity and member database.
    The Member of the Month usergroup is a great and fun group to have for your forum's members. As for the Caligoan usergroup, all I have to say is that when I first saw it, I didn't know what the heck it was until I viewed the group's description; and I found out that it's just a usergroup equivalent to a VIP Member usergroup. The only thing that I suggest is that you add a plural 's' to the end of the Caligoan usergroup because it sounds like some kind of tribe without it.
  2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 10/10):
    I like the way that you divided moderation - one moderation group for the first categorical section, and a second moderation group for the next categorical section. Nice gameplan if I must say so myself.

Usergroup total: 19/20

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio (Score: 10/10):
    Our users have posted a total of 18700 messages
    We have 220 registered users
    If you divide all of your posts into each member of the forum, it'd ratio 85 posts per member in total. That's amazing and it's a hell of an achievment. Amazing work with the activity!
  2. Discussion Forums Activity (Score: 10/10):
    Almost every single discussion forum (except 1 or 2) has had new posts within 24 hours. That means that your forum is nowhere near the 'dead' rating. I actually felt like jumping in there on your forum and start posting, but I just don't have the time, lmao.

Activity total: 20/20

Overall Mark: 95/100
FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion! Picture2-17

Conclusion

What could be done to improve your forum:
Just the very minor things and suggestions in this review can be taken into consideration. Nevertheless, great job building up your forum!

The best thing I like about your forum:
Definitely the activity and the effort that has been put into the layout and color scheme. Nice work!

I'd like to say that your forum review has the highest score that I've ever given in a review. Great work, and best of luck to you and your forum!

Kudos to Fate and onenitedrive for doing a tremendous job! Roses

EDIT:

Shoot, might as well throw in this:

Back to top Go down

FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion! Empty Re: FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion!

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Wow, that's amazing! Kudos, indeed, to both Fate and onenitedrive!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion! Empty Re: FOG's Official Review Results from Forumotion!

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Wow! Agenda, nothing gets past you! Lol I was going to surprise you guys with the review once I got it, but you noticed it way before me! LOL I didn't even think of visiting today to check on if I got a reply until I saw this thread! That's amazing. Smile Simply amazing.

I replied back to the reviewer (which you can see from that link you provided), and I'm really glad that he noticed all the things that he did. I think that really helped me out quite a bit!

I'm really shocked and surprised that FOG received the best rating he's ever given, but it's an honor and I'm so thrilled. Very Happy

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Terrific job, Fate and everyone else who is apart of FOG!! Dance
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:32 pm

*cheeeeeeeeeeeeers*

HAH! And I was supposedly banned in the "You're BANNED" thread for contributing so many posts daily!

>: D congratulations to us!

*puts on a mask this time to avoid having his signature lose another eye due to the bullet-cork from the champagne*

Take cover, this thing ricochets worse than a pinball.

*POP-BOOM!*
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I just have one thing to say.

HELL FUCKIN YEAH!!!!!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 am

Awesome review we got!
Yaaaaay for us!! cheers

I'm so glad to be a part of the FOG!! Coolio

Cake

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 am

FOG:

Do not resist. You will be assimilated.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychotic Felix Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

Awesome! confirms my thoughts that this forum will be here even after i get back from my mission trip ^^
Psychotic Felix
Psychotic Felix
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:51 am

It's no problem you guys. Smile

Rok
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 pm

^_^

Yeah, we're awesome. Especially Mommy Fate.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:12 pm

It's official. We rock. Cool
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Eeeeeee! Graties Very Happy Flirt Funny Drunk

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 pm

This is super exciting! I'm so glad to be a part of this forum. Like Adrius, I've also been "banned" for having so many posts. If I'm not mistaken, Adrius was the one who did the banning. :: shakes head ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 am

No, actually, that wasn't me who banned you for the 2000+ posts. Who was it? *goes to check*

I think it was Di. Or Kal.

EDIT: I correct myself! It was Hello Danger.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Oooh. Gotchya. Thanks for having the patience to correct me. I was way too lazy to make sure I was correct. I may not have been, but dial-up seriously brings me down. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Wow that's super cool! I hope we can keep improving the site beyond though! Make it like infinite! Lol.

Anyways...yay! ^_^
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:37 am

O_O

Seems like I missed a lot these past 10 days. Glad to see that FoG is kicking ass and ruining the curve for all the other forums out there. Thumbs UpWink
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:56 am

Wow, this is awesome! Great job, Fate and onenitedrive! And now...PAR-TAY!!!! *pulls away curtain to reveal DJ and strobe lights*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:46 am

:: pulls out her glow sticks and begins dancing ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down