FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from our holiday weekend

4 posters

Go down

Back from our holiday weekend Empty Back from our holiday weekend

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 11:21 am

Onenitedrive and I returned home late last night since leaving early on Friday to drive back to our parents' homes 3 hours away.

We had a pretty good time. Smile We got to see a lot of people that we haven't seen in a long time - friends and family. It was good to be back, but at the same time, it's good to be here at our own place again.

I didn't have any free time while we were visiting, except right before bed or right when I woke up for a few minutes. So, I was able to check back here for a sec, as some of you may have seen, but wasn't able to do much.

The two of us both have the day off today (obviously, because of the Memorial Day), but we still have some catching up to do (like finishing grocery shopping), so we'll probably be a bit busy. I'm going to try and get going with my RPs, so hopefully I can get back on track with those later on today or tonight.

Thank you all for being patient with us while we were unable to devote much time here for the past 3 days! We're glad to see that FOG has also grown since we've been gone as well! Very Happy We're really happy to see all the new faces (...or usernames, rather lol)!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Back from our holiday weekend Empty Re: Back from our holiday weekend

Post by Renji Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am

Welcome back to both of you ^^
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 25, 2009 11:49 am

Welcome back, guys! Smile
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 am

Thank you!! Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Onenitedrive and I meant to take a camera with us for the weekend, since we wanted some pictures of our old friends and such, but we ended up forgetting it. However, my dad always has his camera on hand, since he does some freelance photography and likes taking pictures as just a hobby and to record the memories, etc. So, he ended up taking some of me. Of course, when my mom yelled that she wanted to get a picture of me with my grandma, I was only halfway through doing my hair and makeup, so just half of me is done. Laughing Rolling Eyes But when my mother wants something, she wants it now!

Here is my grandma and me. Actually, she is my...step grandma? My mom's mother died in California (to breast cancer, I believe?) before I was ever born, but she used to do some modeling out there I guess. After her death, my mom's father moved them back to Illinois, and he remarried. He married this woman, who is my Grandma Karen. So, yeah. That makes her my step grandma, right? I always just looked at her as my grandma though.

Back from our holiday weekend Nettegrandma2EDIT
Back from our holiday weekend NettegrandmaEDIT

Here's something neat. My mom found a baby Blackbird that had fallen out of its nest a few days ago. She waited all day for the parents to return to it while listening to it making a lot of noise (probably scared and hungry). Eventually, she got worried about it, not wanting a neighborhood cat to get it, and finally just brought it inside and started taking care of it herself. Its now grown and has feathers and is doing really well. I got to hold him and feed him. (He eats baby food, wet bread, and live meal worms my mom picked up from the pet store.)

Back from our holiday weekend Babybird

My mom is a 5th grade teacher, and since she has to feed the baby ever 2 hours, she has to bring the bird with her to school. Her class voted on a name for the bird, and I guess they decided to call it Taco. I just called him Baby though the whole time I was there, lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Aw!! But taco is such a great name for a baby bird!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:06 pm

You were only half made-up? You look like you were finished getting ready. You really are naturally beautiful enough that you don't have to do much more to make yourself presentable, if anything more at all.

When I was in sixth grade, my home-room/science teacher got a puppy, and she came to school with a list of name she liked, and we helped her narrow the list down to five. She went home that day and read the list of names to her dog, and the one to which he reacted by cocking his head ended up being his name: Avery. It was a really cool idea for naming a pet.

Taco is an odd name for a bird. I think I'd bring in a list of names and have the kids vote on those rather than letting them come up with a name like that for a bird. hahahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down