FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities)

+4
Inerio
Fate Flyer
Aesalon
Lara
8 posters

Go down

Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities) Empty Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities)

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:34 pm

We all probably drink something of some sort to handle the morning and the rest of the day, some of us likely drink it all day because we're addicts.

What are you putting in that mug?

Back to top Go down

Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities) Empty Re: Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities)

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Actually... I just tend to start my day with a glass of orange juice. I'm not a breakfast person, and I can't stand coffee.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities) Empty Re: Cawfee (and other caffeinated survival necessities)

Post by Aesalon Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm

My blood runs green, I start off with Diet Mt. Dew in the morning, and basically don't stop until I go to bed...I fear the caffeine withdrawl headache that will come if I have to go without for 24 hours...
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I survive on either a latte, like a f*ckin' yuppie, or I go for a cup of black tea, typically darjeeling.

But in the past, I've been known to play around with Turkish coffee (got sick of the grinds) and the high test espresso out of a press. I got lazy though. Where I used to work, we had a constant supply of expensive stuff, but my boss dumped so much in that it gave everyone heartburn and wigged them out.

Once in a while, I go and indulge in the ol 'Coffee Regulah" that I grew up with in Massachusetts; that's a cup of Dunkin' with three creams and three sugars.

I don't do caffeinated stuff on a daily basis anymore, but it's generally a big pot of black tea if I decide to do anything. I found it helps for migraines, which I haven't been getting lately anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:05 pm

Onenitedrive and I both have a cup of coffee in the morning from our Keurig coffee maker (which uses little cups to brew its coffee - makes it very simple hehe). I usually drink an iced coffee, now that it's summer. My coffee always has to be flavored though. Right now, we have Vanilla Carmel Creme, French Vanilla, and Blueberry coffee, and I always put Coconut creamer in it as well. Very Happy

I also like energy drinks, though I rarely have them. I love Lost, though I've only ever seen that drink back in the Quad Cities (where I used to live). My favorite is really just Red Bull. Monster is okay though.

Mmm, now I feel like drinking coffee.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:09 pm

: D You have the Keurig too? Isn't it awsome?

I've been on a nonstop caffine binge since six. I've actually almost immune to most sugar now because of it. I never understood how all my friends could get a sugar high and yet I could not. Coffee simply tastes good to me and doesn't do much else but give me a tiny boost. If I'm drinking it in the morning I usually need to have it black. Which I don't mind doing, I don't mind black coffee.

I've had a long standing love affair with Pepsi though. One day she and I will run away and elope.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I drink water, it helps me get rid of that dry feeling in my mouth when I wake up.

All the energy I have comes from a good night's sleep and the fact I am not capable of sleeping past 10am. Unless I get sleep deprived for a couple days or stuff like jet lag.

The only thing I drink other than water is gatorade, protein shake, and the ocassional sodas.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Coffee, black, two sugars. Mmmmm fresh brewed. I tend to take my coffee any which way you make it. Sugar; no sugar. Flavoring; plain. Milk; no milk. It always used to confuse my friends when they made the coffee.

SideNote: T-Daddy! Didn't see you come over! Dance

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Go us, Inerio! Very Happy Yes, we really love the Keurig, so much in fact, that we are putting our regular coffee maker in storage, lol.

I've known people that have done that too, that get immune to sugar and/or coffee after awhile. It's crazy how your body adjusts, isn't it? I don't think I could drink black coffee though.

Thunder Daddy -- That's good! If you can survive without it, then you'll be healthier for it, I'm sure. Water is definitely great for you. You're really supposed to drink it all day, which is something I now have to do. I honestly have a water bottle with me all day long and even overnight. I probably drink 5 bottles of water a day or so. I don't drink anything else, besides the occasional juice. I never drink pop. It just isn't something I need or really enjoy as much as some people, which is fine by me. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Reffy I didn't know you were here too. Awesome.

So anybody care to explain what a sugar high is like? I've never experienced it myself.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 pm

I wouldn't really know what a sugar high is, either, since sugar puts me to sleep. ): The same goes for caffeine... which is probably one of the more important reasons why I don't drink coffee.

I've never had a full energy drink before, though. o: The closest I've come to that would be the blue Mountain Dew voltage (which I have to say... was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life).
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Thunder Daddy wrote:Reffy I didn't know you were here too. Awesome.

So anybody care to explain what a sugar high is like? I've never experienced it myself.

Sneaked over here during work. Got bored. Seemed like every body from AWR is signing up over here - figured I'd jump on the bandwagon. Broadening the RP crew is never a bad thing. Pity we're not seen many come back too AWR though.

Also, sugar highs are fun. It involves a lot of bad decision making and hyper-activity. The crash is painful. Had my best ideas on sugar highs. Used to buy lolly-pops by the dozen as a teenager. Spent most of it on a sugar high. That and coffee, drunk upside down and through a straw Very Happy Just imagine a lot of twitching, head aches and ideas.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm

*points to children who eat too much sugary treats* Shocked

Sugar highs just make you hyper...and then crash/become very tired afterward.

I don't know if I've ever really had enough sugar all at once to get a very big high. The way my taste buds have always worked, was that I'll eat something sugary, and then I'll crave something salty. I have to alternate, basically. So, I can't remember a time when I had enough sugar to feel the affects. (My stomach's pretty overly sensitive too, so too much sugar unfortunately gives me stomach aches.)

*hands Lara various energy drinks* Laughing
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Why thank you, Fate. Smile

I do plan to one day buy and finish an entire energy drink. I split one with a friend, once, though I only had, like, a shot-glass sized amount, and I fell asleep within fifteen minutes. >.> Can't wait to see what a whole one does to me.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 am

I hate coffee... My doctor actually told me to stop drinking caffeinated beverages because they give me headaches. I don't drink soda, and I don't even like the taste of it any more. I only drink water, juice, and tea. The tea is usually lacking caffeine, or it has a very small amount in it, so it doesn't hurt me.

I hate sugary drinks. I can't even stomach Kool-Aid any more. I drink my tea unsweetened.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:06 am

That's funny, because I take in tea when I have a headache, like a migraine, and it actually solves the problem more often than not. But I am not a daily consumer of caffeine anymore. Then again, Tai Chi, aerobic and anaerobic exercise also seem to reduce those headaches that I get as well; so I suspect it's more about bloodflow and circulation than anything else.

And yes, before you ask, Tai Chi is very much about bloodflow. Sink your weight into one leg and hold it there and see what I mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:36 am

Coke. All day.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down