FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Music Sharing Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Music Sharing Thread Empty The Music Sharing Thread

Post by Inerio Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I love to discover new artists. I'm not picky with songs I like, but it's hard for me to find bands that I love. So, I thought to myself, I said: "Ine, you should make a music sharing thread." Yes, I actually said those words out loud....Okay, so I didn't. But, that's not really the point here, is it?

This thread has a few simple rules if you wish to partake in it.
Rule one: You have to post a link to at least three songs that you enjoy. It's even better if their obscure.
Rule two: Before posting your music, you have to listen to the person's music above your own. It could be mine, or the person's after mine, or the person right above you.
Rule three: It a song you've haven't already heard. There's no point in partaking in a music sharing thread if you're listening to a bunch of stuff you already know about. The point is to find new music!
Rule four: HAVE FUN GODDAMMIT! HAVE FUN OR I'LL.......Probably do nothing actually.

So, here are my links.

The Dresden Dolls-"Girl Anachronism"

Emilie Autumn-"Dead is The New Alive"

Voltaire-"The Headless Waltz"

The Dresden Dolls, dark cabaret. If you like early panic at the disco you might like them. They make some damn interesting songs usually only using a piano and a drum set.

Emilie Autumn-Dinner and a show? I suggest you find one of her videos live, she and her Bloody Crumpets are quite fun to watch when they romp around the stage. She uses instruments like synthesizers, harpsichords, and violin to make her music. She often makes songs based around Shakespearean literature and Victorian era history.

Voltaire-A perky goth from New Jersey and a master of satire much like the poet he's named after. If you have a sarcastic sense of humor than some of his songs will definatly produce a giggle. You may know him from Billy and Mandy where he sung the song "Brains!" he also made the song "When your evil".

SHARE YER DAMN SONGS WITH ME NOW!!! D<
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

The Music Sharing Thread Empty Re: The Music Sharing Thread

Post by Lara Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Comments:
The Dresden Dolls - Well, that was... interesting, at least. It's really not my style of music, so I'm sorry, but I didn't really take to it.

Emille Autumn - I definitely found myself bopping along to that beat, for sure. The voice... I could do without, or at least, all that jumping in pitch. But I did really like the music itself.

Voltaire - Hmm... This one, I like. I might look him up, if the rest of his music is like this. It's catchy.

My Links:
Savage Garden - "Affirmation"

Blue Horizon - "Cocoon".

Barenaked Ladies - "Fun And Games

Notes:
Savage Garden - I don't really know how to describe them, but I love listening to their music. This is one that I really enjoy singing along to, but they've got a great beat.

Blue Horizon - Let me just say, I was stunned to see that I couldn't find anything on You Tube. >.> Anyway. I was introduced to this group a long while ago, but I haven't met too many people who have listened to them before. The song I linked to is one of my favorites, but mostly for the chorus.

Barenaked Ladies - I couldn't find an official sort of video on You Tube, so sorry about the quality. As mean as some of the lyrics are, I can't help but find them really amusing.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

The Music Sharing Thread Empty Re: The Music Sharing Thread

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 pm

I absolutely love this guy. Take a listen.

Spoiler: