FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My breath smells of Eggnog

5 posters

Go down

My breath smells of Eggnog  Empty My breath smells of Eggnog

Post by Ghostlingx Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 am

Well... I'm out of Eggnog, and people are not selling the stuff anymore :/ Sucks.

I think people should make Eggnog a drink that goes throughout the entire year, not just Xmas. I mean... It's just so good... Don't you agree with me?

Anyways, what did you drink, eat the most of throughout the winter?

Just wondering. Razz
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

My breath smells of Eggnog  Empty Re: My breath smells of Eggnog

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Typically, I look forward to Jack-In-The-Box's Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie shakes Smile They practically told me Christmas wasn't coming this year when they said they weren't making them anymore... But I really do like vanilla spice eggnog.

Other than that... green bean casserole Very Happy I love me some green bean casserole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 am

Too bad we don't have Jack-In-The-Box in Canada...
Pumpkin Pie Shakes? Do those even exist? :0

Green bean casserole... ew Razz The stuff my mom used to make. She always had to force it down my throat... I mean... it just doesn't taste good when cooked by an Asian mother. (No offence to my mom)

The taste of food really depends on the chef doesn't it? :/

Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 am

It's not a bad thing that you don't have Jack-In-The-Boxes in Canada. They only exist in the Southwest of the U.S., but they're mostly gross, soooo... >.>;;

Each year, my love and I get turkey, potatoes, and pie from Honey Baked Ham. Their food is so delicious and easy to cook. The longest thing is really just the potatoes that take about an hour to cook, but all you do is bake, stir, bake, cool.

I really only look forward to my birthday. It's generally around Thanksgiving (this year, it was ON Thanksgiving), so I always have the choicest picks of pies, and I prefer birthday pie over birthday cake, soooo... =D

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm told my mother makes a wonderful green bean casserole. And, I must say, it looks terrific coming out of the oven… Mouthwatering good. However, I am not particularly fond of green beans so I pass on the casserole every winter.

For me winter is the season of Gouda cheese! I know the cheese is available year around, but for whatever (weird) reason I don't buy it during the other seasons. Just winter; particularly right before the New Year. My mother also has a “Christmas” chicken recipe that I like to fix this time of year, too.

As far as seasonal favorites go, I don't really have any. I discovered eggnog chai this year at Starbucks. A cute guy cajoled me intro trying the drink, and promised to make me something else if I didn't like it. I shockingly liked the drink a lot; a surprise since I don't like eggnog.

Which, by the way, you can always make your own eggnog! I've never tried to make it; although, it doesn't look too terribly hard. One of many eggnog recipes. (From the Food Network.)
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:09 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:It's not a bad thing that you don't have Jack-In-The-Boxes in Canada. They only exist in the Southwest of the U.S., but they're mostly gross, soooo... >.>;;

Each year, my love and I get turkey, potatoes, and pie from Honey Baked Ham. Their food is so delicious and easy to cook. The longest thing is really just the potatoes that take about an hour to cook, but all you do is bake, stir, bake, cool.

I really only look forward to my birthday. It's generally around Thanksgiving (this year, it was ON Thanksgiving), so I always have the choicest picks of pies, and I prefer birthday pie over birthday cake, soooo... =D

Lol. I've never really gone to Jack-In-The-Box, but isn't a fast food restaurant supposed to sell gross food? Razz

:/ Damn... you can cook... I've tried making steak, but it turned out extremely rare... I put it back into the oven and I over-cooked t ;_;

Oh you self-centered girl Razz Thinking about stuffing pies into your tummy, and not sharing with us. You can mail some to me next time Razz
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:14 am

Syrena, I totally agree with you. Beans are just a no for me.

Gouda cheese? Never heard of it... I have to try it out now Razz

Hahaha! A Cute guy cajoled you into trying it. Razz I think you over emphasized that part Wink

Oh dear... I'm no good at cooking... trust me. Neither do I have the tools. Trust me... the recipes make it seem so easy, but in reality...
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:46 am

I always thought one made egg nog with rum. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 am

Kalon Ordona II wrote:I always thought one made egg nog with rum. Very Happy

I think my life just ended right there... Crying or Very sad I have failed to deliver the message of what eggnog is to the world.
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I thought eggnog had rum in it, too. But all the recipes I looked at yesterday said something else. o.O

Ghost, what can I say? The cute guy was definitely a highlight of my chai eggnog evening. Along with being chased by drunk guys and taking pictures with metal statues... I had an eventful night several weeks ago. xD.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 am

Ghostlingx wrote:
Kalon Ordona II wrote:I always thought one made egg nog with rum. Very Happy

I think my life just ended right there... Crying or Very sad I have failed to deliver the message of what eggnog is to the world.

Nonsense. Everyone knows Egg Nog is That Drink Which Is Above All Drinks, and that what precisely it is made of matters not a whit, unless of course one attempts to make it out of something wholly unrelated, such as chocolate or gummy bears. Egg nog must always be made of egg nog!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Syrena wrote:I thought eggnog had rum in it, too. But all the recipes I looked at yesterday said something else. o.O

Ghost, what can I say? The cute guy was definitely a highlight of my chai eggnog evening. Along with being chased by drunk guys and taking pictures with metal statues... I had an eventful night several weeks ago. xD.

Hahaha! Very eventful! Seems like you have a good life ;_; unlike mine. Drunkies lol. Love those people their always so stupidly funny.
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Eggnog is NOT JUST EGGNOG. IT IS THE DIVINE DRINK THAT ALL THE GODS DRINK! Razz Yes it must be made of gummy bears and chocolate...
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 am

If you can make egg nog out of gummy bears and chocolate, you deserve to ascend to godhood. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostlingx Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Too be honest, I have seen people put alcohol into their eggnog, but it's not supposed to have it. I've never tried it with alcohol either, since I'm underage and allergic. :/

Well... now I'm back into my almond milk drinking spree...
Ghostlingx
Ghostlingx
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm a few posts behind, but eggnog is typically mixed with brandy, not rum.

At least, that's how most people get through the in-laws christmas dinner Wink

I don't prefer eggnog or brandy, to be honest. Or rum, for that matter.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down