FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task Force: Vanguard

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Task Force: Vanguard - Page 2 Empty Re: Task Force: Vanguard

Post by Digital Muse Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 pm

OK, the IC is up.

Taskforce Vanguard

Just a couple notes: Captain Hernandez is a 20 year Veteran of the police force. He is purely human with no special abilities other than garnering a great deal of respect from his peers. He got this job because he wasn't very good at kissing ass and got this job as a punishment. He won't let that stop him from doing the best job he knows how.

Marie Devereaux is a mutant that is blind. The massive helmet she wears helps amplify mental images from those around her allowing her to move almost as well as a sighted person. She is Hernandez's Lieutenant and has been with him for 8 years.

Goliath has been assigned to the task force from the beginning, about a year ago. His obvious size marks him as a mutant. He is mostly invulnerable, incredibly strong and a surprisingly good cop. He also has the sense of humor of a 13 year old.

These characters are NPCs and are fair game to use as you see fit. If you aren't sure of a reaction or ability, just PM me. I'll even collab with anyone that wants to.

AND WE'RE OFF AND RUNNING!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Awesome! I'm going to do my best to get a response up within the next few days! I'm a bit busy till tomorrow night.

While we're talking about NPCs, I'd love to throw in the doctor I mentioned towards the beginning of the Interest Check. Her name is Elizabeth Maverick, and she's a mutant capable of diagnosis on sight, as well as the ability to share pain (summarized).

I can describe anything you might need to know about her if we end up using her in the RP. =)
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Task Force: Vanguard - Page 2 AngelinaKnightley_zpsc9be092c
© Karen Gillan

Name: Angelina Knightley
Nickname: --
Aliases: Sophia Holmes, Angel Seymour, Victoria Thorne, Lelia Winters

Date of Birth: March 21, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Aries

Height: 5’7”
Weight: 135lbs
Sex: Female

Previous Occupation: Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Consultant, Con Artist

Skill Sets:
SKILL ASSESSMENT COMPILATION
SOURCE: DR. MATTHEW CABOT; NEW YORK CITY, NY

Angelina Knightley has demonstrated signs of metahuman capabilities; specifically, shapeshifting and clairvoyance. The extent of her metahuman capabilities, however, remains unknown.

Evaluations from paranormal psychologists suggest that Knightley is adept at physically transforming part of her appearance, such as the length and color of her hair. However, Knightley is not adept with her clairvoyant abilities; in fact, her clairvoyant strength is dependent on episodes of intense emotion, such as fear and stress, and is relatively weak.

Paranormal psychologists believe that over time Knightley’s shapeshifting strength will continue to develop. The same cannot be said about her clairvoyant manifestations. Her ability to decipher the future is limited; due to her limitation, paranormal psychologists do not believe her clairvoyant strength will continue to grow.

There is also debate among metahuman experts on whether or not Angelina is faking her clairvoyant manifestations.

Some experts suggest that Angelina simply gathers intelligence on her “subjects” and is able to accurately piece information together as she talks to her “subject,” and is thus able to read the future. Other experts suggest that Angelina is able to symbolically channel the future through tarot cards, and her readings aren’t one hundred percent accurate because the future is constantly changing.

Of note, however, is a psychic evaluation by Doctor Yuki Preston. Preston’s evaluation suggests that Knightley may eventually manifest other psychokinetic capabilities. Further research is unavailable. And many paranormal psychologists reject Preston’s findings.

Metahuman capabilities aside, as an individual, Knightley presents herself as charming and sophisticated.

Her abundance of self-confidence allows her to charm or lie her way out of (and into) many situations. In essence, Knightley is a talented manipulator. Knightley’s charismatic personality makes her a successful con artist and criminal consultant. Additionally, Knightley is knowledgeable about forensics.

Finally, Knightley still thinks and acts like a thief. She displays occasional impulsive tendencies and thus has little patience for law enforcement regulations and paperwork.

Powers:
Shapeshifting—the ability for the user to change his or her appearance. Angelina has shown multiple episodes of partial physical transformations.

Her lab-based evaluations report that Angelina was able to effortless change parts of her physical appearance, such as the color of her hair and the size of her breasts. Furthermore, Angelina was able to maintain the partial transformations for several hours.

Angelina denied being able to mimic another person’s appearance. However, after several hours of intensive prompting, Angelina successfully mimicked the appearance of her psychiatrist, Doctor Matthew Cabot, and she held the appearance for forty-five seconds.

After her displays of lab-based partial transformations, Angelina complained about migraines and physical exhaustion. Furthermore, after her second lab-based transformation, hospitalization was required for severe dehydration, malnutrition, and a concussion.

Clairvoyance—the ability to see glimpses of the future. Angelina has shown potential clairvoyant tendencies on multiple occasions during psychological evaluations.

Paranormal psychologists suggest that Angelina cannot see clear or detailed events of the future in psychic visions. Instead, paranormal evaluation suggests that Angelina sees the future symbolically through the act of fortune telling.

All of her clairvoyant manifestations utilize tarot cards or tarot card figures. She has yet to predict the future without referencing tarot. Furthermore, the future depicted in her tarot cards is limited to a single individual with whom she has direct contact.

The future depicted in her tarot cards is further dependent on her ability to correctly interpret symbolism. Also, the “future” can change dramatically between readings.

Scientific testing suggests that Angelina has a seventy percent accuracy rate in reading the future in a controlled environment. Outside of a controlled environment, Angelina has a fifty-eight percent accuracy rate in reading the future.

After each manifestation of clairvoyance, Angelina complained about hearing voices in her head. She also displayed symptoms of Schizophrenia, such as trouble sleeping, delusional thinking, extreme anxiety, trouble concentrating, and paranoia.

Anti-psychotic drugs negated the symptoms and, after several doses, the symptoms vanish. However, Angelina does use antidepressants to help reduce clairvoyant manifestations.

Psychological Profile:
PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT SUMMARY
SOURCE: DR. MATTHEW CABOT; NEW YORK CITY, NY

Angelina Knightley presents as charming and sophisticated.

Her knowledge is extensive. However, there is no evidence that Knightley completed formal schooling. Nor does Knightley state a desire to pursue higher education.

Furthermore, Knightley has an easy smile and slips into social interaction easily. Her speech is fluid and she is socially engaging; although, Knightley avoids conversation concerning details about her life and, instead, she focuses on the interests of her social partner.

In fact, when asked questions about her childhood or recent social engagements, Knightley provides the information necessary to answer the question. She rarely offers extraneous information. Additionally, Knightley states that she doesn’t like to talk about herself because she likes the mystery.

There is concern that Knightley cannot socially attach herself to her peers and co-workers. Knightley’s therapist indicated that Knightley doesn’t see her peers and co-workers as potential friends. Instead, she sees her peers and co-workers as potential targets.

Knightley has vehemently denied this, stating that she enjoyed working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and felt she developed strong social ties with her co-workers. Knightley also stated—prior to the discovery of her romantic relationship with Agent Jack Reacher—that she hoped to continue working with the FBI at the end of her sentence.

Knightley’s indiscretion with Agent Jack Reacher is a demonstration of her more impulsive behavior. However, Knightley expressed regret and sadness upon the discovery of her relationship with Reacher. She also expressed a desire to correct the situation. This incident does demonstrate Knightley’s ability to emotionally connect with others.

Background:
Spoiler:
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Safton Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 am

Alright, I've posted. I didn't want to go too far without the others. If there's anything that needs to be changed or added, feel free to let me know.

Safton
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 pm

If it's alright with everyone, I'd like to create a 2nd character.

Name: Persia Malone

Alias: none

Sex: Female

Appearance: Persia is a tall and athletic black woman. She stands 5’11” tall and weighs a muscular 150 pounds. Her dark brown hair is curly, rather than kinky with caramel sun-streaks throughout the strands. Persia wears her hair very long. It reaches to her mid-back and she usually has it tied back with a brightly colored silk scarf giving her a gypsy flair.

Psychological Profile:

From the Office Of Domestic and Foreign Security
Re: Entrance Evaluation – Subject # M-42693884-K
File #A2243LA-EM-4, Persia Malone

Dr. Aisha Taylor, M.S., A.B.P.P.

The mutant, Persia Malone, is one of only 10% of the mutant population that appears to have been born with her mutant abilities. Discreet blood work on her parents showed no unusual properties in any tests currently available.

The subject’s ability was kept a secret for most of her life due to her parents’ fear of becoming the target of hate crimes. It is believed that this has significantly affected the subject’s development of her abilities. Had the subject entered training as a juvenile, she may have become a class 8 to 9. As it stands, the limited observations available of the subject using her abilities clandestinely have shown that the subject has very good control of her ability, even if the manner of its use is limited. She is currently rated as a Class 4 Energy Manipulator.

In the subject’s daily routine, she is organized, outgoing and possesses a strong nurturing instinct. This was likely influenced by the fact that both of the subject’s parents are Doctors. Philanthropic work and the urge to protect have combined into a drive to start a foundation championing the causes of poor women. The subject works tirelessly in creating and running projects that range from education, fund-raising and self-defense for low-income and at risk women in her program. The subject has also given her own money or taken in women with nowhere else to stay. The subject thinks nothing of her own needs which potentiall could be detrimental to her overall health, if not kept in check.

The strong need to protect has often come under direct fire from pimps or abusive husbands or boyfriends of some of the women she has taken into her care. These confrontations have been the only instances that the subject has used her ability that could be observed. She appears fearless in the face of such threats, even ferocious when she is protecting someone. However, the subject has no sense of caution in such situations and has been shot at twice, though only sustaining minor injuries.

Outside these situations, the subject is a sensible and cautious individual who tries to avoid all conflict. It has been speculated that the subject may be border-line schizophrenic because of this duality. It must be said, however, that not enough observation has been made to warrant such a diagnosis.

The subject is intelligent and shows a healthy curiosity in many different subjects. At no time in the subject’s past does there appear to be any depression or isolation. The subject is out going and involved.

Recommendation: The subject would fit well into the L.A.M.P program. There are no foreseeable problems with authority nor does the subject currently pose a threat to the normal Human public. A word of caution; the subject has no experience in the military or law enforcement. It is recommended that additional training be given the subject prior to putting her into the program.

Powers: Persia has the ability to create force fields and walls up to 10 feet in diameter. She can shape these walls creating slopes, ramps or concave shapes in order to deflect incoming attacks. Persia cannot stop bullets However, she can deflect bullets or high-velocity attacks by redirecting the energy. She can make these force fields solid enough to walk along a series of them in order to climb to a higher building. She can also manipulate the force fields to use as a blunt force weapon or to lift things. She cannot use it like TK, however.

Persia can also create spherical force fields around herself that completely cover her from all angles. If squeezed tightly together, she can cover two other people with her, but they cannot move from the protected spot. An extreme use of the force sphere is to form compressed explosions of air into shapes such as spheres and cubes, allowing them to be projected or thrown. With the bomb comes into contact with a target, the air is released with force, forming sudden gusts to hurricane force winds.

Side Affects/Weaknesses Persia’s force fields are made up by manipulating ions in the form of electricity. Thus, the force fields can absorb electricity aimed at it. However, it would be susceptible to water-based attacks. By extension, she cannot use her power if she is in the water. Her force fields spark and shift colors as she uses them, so they are always visible. Outside of her force fields, Persia is as vulnerable as any other human.

Previous Occupation: Founder of the Help Up Foundation.

Highest Skill: Networking, social skills, psychology, street contacts, corporate contacts, philanthropic contacts, street wise.

Lowest Skill: Firearms, Forensics

Background: Persia Malone grew up happily in Escondido, California. Both of her parents were Doctors; her mother a pediatrician and her father an oncologist. Due to her mother’s diabetes, she barely carried Persia to term and she nearly died during the birth. As a result of that scare, her parents never tried to have any other children. Persia was bright and curious and carefree. Her parents were always busy, but always managed to carve time out of their schedules for school plays or soccer games or reading bed time stories. Anyone looking in from the outside would see an impossibly idyllic life.

The thing that they kept hidden, even from other family was Persia’s mutant ability. Their daughter could create force-fields, force walls and even force bubbles. She started when barely 4 years old, playing hide and seek with the Nanny. Then, she learned to bat her toys into the air with a barely visible disc of force and played ‘catch’ with them, trying to see how close to the ground she could let them fall before batting them back into the air once more. Her parents caught her playing like that one day and rushed her into the house. They had to explain how she could never let anyone know about what she could do. Not to anyone. Ever.

As she grew, Persia excelled in school and loved to get involved with extra-curricular activities at every opportunity. She was popular and athletic and rather pretty. She never had any interest in being part of the ‘In’ crowd, rather being drawn to people with interesting differences whether they were popular or not.

After high school, Persia went to college and earned a degree in Sociology. She immediately started her own non-profit organization that helped poor women gain marketable skills, learn how to dress and interview so they could get a better job or get off the street. No one was ever turned away and Persia spent every free moment working at the Center, fund raising or contacting employers to network. She also championed classes in self-defense and martial arts to help the women gain even more confidence in themselves as well as being safer.

The Center, however, was not enough. Persia thought she should be able to do more. Somehow she thought that her Mutant ability should help people. She didn’t know how, and the local police generally did not welcome Mutants into their ranks. She had to find other mutants and see if she could find a way that she could contribute.

And then one day, Persia received a letter.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 pm

She sounds really cool, Muse!

So I got home from work yesterday and apparently my laptop decided to die on me. ): I have a post started on Google Drive so I can keep working on it, but my only option at home is my tablet, and I just can't handle that. Typing on the tablet is miserable.

Laptop's currently at the shop so we'll see what happens there, and in the meantime I'm going to try and keep working on the post while at work. It's just going to be slow going...
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 am

I haven't forgotten about this! All my free time is being eaten... But this week looks a little calmer, and I'm hoping to sit down and type up a post.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 am

Cool! We'll give it a week for you and Lara to post before doing a little interaction with Hernandez and his crew. So don't worry, I promise not to get too far ahead. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 am

I appreciate it, Muse. =) I've been in the same boat as Syrena, but now that I have my laptop back (and don't have work tomorrow...for now) I'm hoping to crank out the rest of my post.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Whenever I say I'm going to have a free day, something happens. A lot of something happens. It isn't fair.

I still want to be a part of this, though. I just don't want to hold things up too much more. I've been scribbling out my response on notebook paper during lunch breaks and whatnot. It's just a matter of getting everything typed up. (And not losing the Internet to another snow storm--alas, having spring instead of winter is too much to ask for!)

Anyway, Muse, if you, Safton, and Lara) wanted to have a post or two with Hernandez and his crew, perhaps Angelina could just show up very late to the party or something. *shrug* Just thinking out loud... I have my fingers crossed for quality computer time this weekend so I can type stuff up!
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 am

Story of my life, Syrena. I can make plans because "oh, I don't have work" because...then work always calls. Always.

I ended up using Google Drive to work on my post in small bits both at home and at work. I hope things end up working out for you too. =) Maybe Angelina could have already passed her interview? She could be out getting coffee for the gang or something, so that you don't have to worry about her being late if you get caught up with life (which is completely understandable).

I kinda ended up free-flowing half of Damian's life story there my post, so it may look long but it's actually just a ton of rambling... XD
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2