FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In a Jar

5 posters

Go down

In a Jar Empty In a Jar

Post by Democration Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 am

Hey all.

(I hate thinking of names for topics, so I put iTunes on shuffle and stole the first song title. Lame.)

Introductions have never been my strong suit. I'm Hal, but I'll answer to Demo or Democration. I'm eighteen years old and I started role playing around twelve. I'll be the first to admit that what I was writing back then probably doesn't deserve to be called role play, but I've been around better writers for at least six years. I like to think that I've learned a few things in that time.

It's terrifying to admit, but I found my start on MySpace. I won't go into detail about that -- it's in the past and we don't need to dwell on how many hours were spent typing up ridiculous characters with kitty ears and tails and an unexplainable relation to Sasuke Uchiha.

MySpace was a lot of one-on-one role play and eventually I was tired of that, so I went searching and stumbled upon Fanfiction.net. Approximately four years were spent there in the same Naruto forum. (Don't let mention of Naruto scare you away; that phase is over.) I was pretty vested in the community and was promoted to a Moderator, which was exciting for me. There was definitely a handful of great role players, a couple of whom are actually still there. Regardless, about a year and a half ago, I had a little bit of a falling out with the place.

The last year has been spent in a private forum on Proboards. I'm active in several linked one-on-one role plays with my significant other, most of which are set in our own post-apocalyptic city of Babylon.

And... now that I've given a little background as to my role playing history -- hey.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new writers. Even if I don't end up joining any or many role plays, I've been lurking for a few days, and FOG seems to draw a cool crowd. Hopefully we get a chance to chat, if nothing else. : )

Last edited by Democration on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Democration
Democration
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

In a Jar Empty Re: In a Jar

Post by Knifey Keith Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 am

Yoos got money for me?
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Letting iTunes pick the subject is definitely one way to overcome thinking up a subject title yourself. Yahoo used to have a button I could click to generate an email subject for me. Although, I can't seem to find the button now...

Anyway, welcome to FoG! Hope to see you around. ^.^
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Demo! cheers

And that was an awesome introduction! I've seen people get by with not much more than "hi, new here," so you'd have been good anyway.

And ha! I remember MySpace. Tried that once and couldn't stand it. xD
It does look like you're already getting comfortable here, so I hope you have many a good time here among the swirly mists and enchanting woods. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Anything else you like? Books, movies, authors?
Naruto is awesome, by the way. ^_^

Happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Welcome to FoG, Hal! I never got into Myspace, but I did start writing initially with fanfiction, and oh gosh, some of those stories need to go back into the vault and never see the light of day again... >.>

Anyway! Thanks for telling us so much about yourself! I hope you continue to enjoy the site and find some good RPs to join! Happy writing!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum