Eighty Percent

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

20121014

Post 

Eighty Percent




SUMMARY HERE

These contents are in order, but if you read through the entire thread, you may find them a little mixed up - if you get lost, just come back to the Contents.

MAIN Characters Sheets:

Siara
Kyle Green
Nanteu Amuet
In-Party NPCs

Eighty Percent


Contents:

Session 1 - 13th October, 2012

Session 2 - 14th October, 2012

Session 3 - 15th October, 2012

Session 4 - 19th and 20th October, 2012

Session 5 - 21st October, 2012

Session 6 - 22nd October, 2012

Session 7 - 26th October, 2012

Session 8 - 27th October, 2012

Session 9 - 28th October, 2012

Session 10 - 29th October, 2012

Session 11 (Kyle's Dream) - 4th November, 2012

Session 12 - 5th November, 2012

Session 13 - 9th November, 2012

Session 14 - 10th November, 2012

Session 15 - 11th November, 2012

Session 16 - 12th November, 2012

Nanteu's Dream ('Training' session) - 14th November, 2012

Session 17 - 16th November, 2012

Session 18 - 17th November, 2012

Session 19 - 18th November, 2012

Session 20 - 19th November, 2012
Session 20A - 23rd November, 2012

Session 21 - 24th November, 2012

Session 22 - 8th December, 2012

Session 23 - 30th December, 2012

Session 24 - 31st December, 2012

Session 25 - 5th January, 2013

Session 26 - 6th January, 2013

Session 27 - 7th January, 2013

Session 28 - 12th January, 2013

Session 29 - 18th January, 2013

Session 30 - 19th January, 2013

Session 31 - 20th January, 2013

Session 32 - 21st January, 2013

Session 33 - 28th January, 2013

Session 34 - 1st February, 2013

Session 35 - 4th February, 2013

Session 36 - 8th February, 2013




Alternative Session 1

Alternative Session 2

Alternative Session 3

Alternative Session 4




Other OTHER Session 1 (1st December, 2012)

Other OTHER Session 2 (2nd December, 2012)




NPC Listings: Link here.
Locations List: Link here.
Map Listings: Link here.
Knowledge and History Summary: Link here.


Last edited by Kate Orchix on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 53 times in total
avatar
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2012-06-04
Female

Posts : 177
Age : 22
Location : New Zealand


Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Eighty Percent :: Comments

avatar

Post on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 pm by Kate Orchix

Knowledge & History

The current year is 3012 YC. The date Kyle and Siara first awoke in Elmrock was the very early morning of 21st Spritelight. The last memory for citizens of Elmrock was 26th of Bloomfire.

Concerning Elmrock:

Elmrock (Alalme in the elven tongue) was first inhabited by a group of elven monks who lived in a place called Bluetun Monastery. It was a colossal temple in the forest south west of current-day Elmrock Keep (Alalme Nost), home to over a thousand monks from different ethnic backgrounds, ranging from high elves to wild elves. This order of monks knew that Alalme was an excellent home for them, but took in the considerations of the surrounding nations and their problems.

Other nations were having massive overpopulation issues, civil wars were breaking out, and the quiet folk of Alalme felt that maybe they could help by inviting certain individuals or unwanted creatures of great population to their home for safety. This turned out to be an excellent idea and soon the elves presided over many other races and cultures - a treaty was formed to ensure peace, and it was known as the Temple Treaty, or more commonly, the Yaana Treaty.

In Elmrock, history is recorded from the signing of the Yaana Treaty, which was in 0 Yaana Coiasira (Temple Time) or simply 0 YC. The current year is 3012 YC.

January
February
March Bloomfire
April
May Spritelight
June
July
August
September
October
November
December


Last edited by Kate Orchix on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 16 (12th November 2012)

Kate: I'm ready to get started whenever you lot are.
Ikitt: I'm sitting her, looking at pretty girls photos
Nanteu: I'm ready.
Kate puts on her DM cap.
Ikitt: bleh.. I'm not in a rper mood but I can roll with it
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Kate changed name to DM
DM: We can help you get in the mood
DM: Or we can wait until after your next round
Kyle: won't matter etherway
DM: ... we'll put pretty girls in the game!
DM resorts to bribery
Kyle: Just start the game
DM
Kyle turns away and hooks his arm around Angel leading her back a bit whispering- "I got a idea Angel.. Anychance you can use some of those devilish charms on the man? I'm sure that could help us speed this up and avoid any bloodshed." -Then looking over his shoulder making sure everyone doesn't just kill the man.
Nanteu catches on to Rooke's game, but she doesn't move away, or look offended. "Oh, shut up," she chuckles.
Angel is quiet for a moment, then nods. "All right," she agrees. She reaches about her neck and takes off the necklace with the black stone, gently pressing it into Kyle's hands. "Hold onto this for me." As soon as she takes her hands away, everyone in the room can feel a sense of darkness descend within the basement. Not physical, but a strong, spiritual darkness that seems to smother everyone's thoughts.
Angel, herself, looks no different, but something about her is stronger, more... terrifying. The blacksmith opens his eyes out of curiosity to just see what exactly is making this strange effect.
Kyle thinks nothing of it taking teh pepple- "Ya, no problem..." -Then it would hit him in the gut again as soon as she dropped teh stone in his cupped hands. He could have swore the pepple now seem to gain weight, or the pressure of the room became heavy. Etherway he simply smiled ignoring the best he could, thinking she might be sensitive or think him weak.
Nanteu feels suddenly sick, her skin paling as the room seems to fold in on itself, or get closer. She trembles a little bit, her hands, shaking on both sides of Rooke's head, where she has them touching his face.
DM: Rooke slowly sits up, glancing up at Angel before rolling onto his knees and gently patting Nanteu's shoulder. He whispers to her, "It's all right... it's just her tiefling bloodline thingy. This feeling crops up from time to time... not usually this strong though." He slips his hand over hers before gently squeezing it in the hopes of making her feel better.
DM: (Siara's reaction, and Raiden's reaction, then I'll post again.)
DM: .
Siara watches Angel carefully, then looks at everyone else, his gem glowing brightly in response to the aura and his tail flicking from side to side. It's an irritant, but nothing more. Raiden is cowering behind Siara's legs, his fur standing on end, watching in fear. He reaches down to pat Raiden gently. "It's okay, not gonna hurt us..." His gem lets out another resounding crack as it grows again, now the size of a small rock, with tiny spikes beginning to jut from the exposed surface. He looks over at Kyle. "You should give that back to her. It's not going to get any better on its own, I think."
DM: (Dancing Lights should have timed out by now, just for reference... Writing.)
Siara: (Holy crap, people actually have to ban Eve? She's never played .o.)
Kyle: (Only bads ban Eve.. her ult nerf, plus DFG nerf makes her beatable now)
Siara: (She still hits hard though, and it's still next to impossible to catch her)
Kyle: (Beatrice disagrees Round)
Siara: (Beatrice? ._.)
DM
The blacksmith almost appears to cower as Angel steps over to him before crouching before him, her blue eyes glowing eerily in the dark. The blue light they cast reflects off her golden horns, casting light and shadows across her face. She gently smooths out her dress over her knees as she crouches and the blacksmith stares at her with wide eyes, the only light in the room now Angel's eyes.
"Do you want to tell us why you were heading down here?" she asks, her voice almost gentle.
The blacksmith shakes his head, still watching her, the fear setting in on his features as he tries not to panic. Angel slowly straightens up. As she does so, you might see her fingers flick but you cannot be too certain in the dark. Suddenly, a loud clatter sounds off in the room with the rune. The blacksmith starts, his eyes bugging as he stares past Angel. "What... what was that!?" he stammers.
"You'll find out soon if you don't start talking." Her voice is still soft, but now her eyes flash dangerously, the glow flickering.
"I..." He glances past her again, then shakes his head. "No."
Angel suddenly kneels before him, her hands smacking into his shoulders so he's lying on his back. He yelps and tries to move to kick her off, but she's already forcing his mouth open. He struggles against her, but she has a firm grasp and moves her face close to his so one of the tips of her horns is gently pressing into his temple. He stops struggling out of fear that she'll jamb the horn into his head. She reaches into a pocket of her armor and holds up a small, round, clear glass sphere. It suddenly glows with light.
"What... what's...?"
"Speak, or this goes down your throat, amada."
"What... what is it...?" His eyes bulge as she tightens her grasp on his jaw. He starts yelling, terrified as she moves the glowing object nearer to his lips. "WAIG! Uhll talg, uhll talg!" She releases her hold on his jaw and he lies there on the ground, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he tries to pull himself together. Angel stares at him impassively.
"I... I came down here to talk to Malakhi! The... the communication rune! I never use it except for in emergencies, I... I talk to his dragon friend to get him to come to the rune so I can tell him what's going on! I haven't talked to him since the memory lapse and... and... I smuggle for him! His contact comes down here, dumps a box, I come and pick it up when I can and smuggle it into the city to another of his contacts. This one was of only minor importance, but... oh gods..." His head rolls back and he closes his eyes. "This can't be happening," he whispers.
Angel stays kneeling over him for a moment, then suddenly gets to her feet. "Any other questions for him?" she asks, her glowing eyes turning on the other members of the party. The sense of doom continues to wash about and she continues to hold the lit-up sphere in between two fingers as if it's a delicate tool... not a marble she's imbued with a Light spell. It fooled the blacksmith well enough, however, into thinking it was some sort of dangerous weapon that would cause him great harm.
DM: (Sorry!)
Siara: (...mother of god.)
Nanteu: (it's blocking out the sun it's so big)
DM: (MWAHAHA!)
Siara shrugs, his gem still glowing, but not growing any further. "I think I'm good for now, you seem to have the situation under control." He kneels down beside Raiden, who practically jumps into his lap. He holds Raiden gently, petting him reassuringly. As he sets down the staff, green spheres begin to fly from his chest towards the gem, barely visible, but definitely there.
Kyle: (Damn it I leave for 5 mins and Kate dumps this on me... Hmm)
Siara (enjoys the eclipse)
Siara: (Btw, this is nice. Orchestral for Kitt, softish for Kate. www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJvBR9vR0A )
DM: (Just got taken to the main page)
Siara
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJvBR9vR0A )
DM: ('Tis nice)
DM: (Anyone posting?)
Siara: (I posted xD)
DM: (Anyone else? xD)
Siara: (I think Kyle and Nanteu are trying to text-wall to keep up)
DM: (Oh dear...)
DM: (I feel guilty now)
Siara: (Well now we've all had turns posting walls of text. xD)
DM: .
Siara: (I still really enjoyed Friday. That was probably some of my best rp, besides BROKEN FACE)
Kyle watches Siara hound start to whimper before the lights all but fade out and he only hears Siara request to give back the pebble. But only his grip would tighten around the cold stone as the darkness over took the basement, before he could response. Had no intention of giving the stone back in-till she demanded, he believed she knew all to well what she was doing and for good reason. Though the sudden eerie blue light coming disrupted the silence, and gave sight to him again to Angel's grisly work. He had no idea this is what she had planned to do, he was hoping her good looks would be enough to sway the man's will or perhaps she would spell bind the man into spilling why he was here. After awkward moment of waiting, Kyle would clear his throat trying to sound unfazed.- "Perhaps where this other city is, and who he would delieve the box too.. But it's just a suggestion.."
Kyle: (Round >,< )
Nanteu shakes her head, now curled into a ball by Rooke's side, her legs pulled to her chest, with her arms draped over her knees. The cold, creeping feeling has faded somewhat since Angel, but she can't stand to look at Angel's face, fearing something's about to burst out of the darkness behind her, or out of her eyes.
Nanteu: (i've just been distracted~)
Siara: (Well I was right about one of them then)
Nanteu: since Angel started*)
DM
"Elmrock Keep," the blacksmith whimpers, not wanting Angel to have to turn on him again or to put that glowing stone down his throat for whatever nefarious purpose. "But... but this box, this unimportant box I was just meant to keep an eye on and make sure... make sure nobody came looking for it, and I... I... Nateshk was going to..." He's pale as a ghost now, trembling just slightly.
"Nateshk?" Rooke questions, his arm now having encircled Nanteu to comfort her. "He's coming here?"
"Tomorrow morning, it was meant to be! He was going to... to remove the rune and take the box... I wanted to talk to Malakhi since I knew you lot had been down here and I didn't know what you might have done to the rune! What's in the other room that made that sound!?"
"Ghost sound," Angel says, then bounces the marble in her hand. "And this is just a touch of Light on a Marble... thank you for your help." She turns and moves towards Kyle, her eyes changing from that stony stare to something that appears to be a mixture of sadness and disgust. She drops the marble into his hand so he has a light and attempts to exchange it for the black stone so she can put it back on and stop the horrible feeling that is washing about the room.
The blacksmith looks alarmed, realizing that she tricked him - that she wasn't really going to morph into some monster or force some magical trinket down his throat. His brows furrow, but he's still too frightened to make any response.
DM: (Friday... my Saturday, I think. Was that with Deacon?)
Siara: (Yeah)
DM: (I enjoyed being Deacon. xD Especially since I know all the stuff you guys missed! MWAHAHAA!)
Nanteu
(oh, because you guys were talking about politics earlier; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc&fea... )
DM: (*waits about* Soooo, once Kitt gets back, let's get moving!)
Siara: (:howaboutno
Siara: : )
Siara looks up at Kyle, waiting for him to give the marble back, ready to take action if he refuses again.
Nanteu: (.. okay)
DM: (... *watches... the... video...*...)
DM: (... xD!!!)
Nanteu joined the chat 8 seconds ago
Kyle palms feels sweaty during the exchange for stone to stone- "There ya are.. Nice work.. But you know ya could have been a tad more subtle Angel. Not all men require such acts, but atleast now we know the truth in the matter." He says, holding the glowing stone lightly in front of him
Kyle: (I'm back sorry, bleh still changing wands.. and it's raining now, making my rounds that much longer)
Nanteu: (it's a bit full-on in parts, but the ending gets me the most x3 )
Kyle: (Ya seen it Shea, pretty good Eagle out!)
Nanteu: (yeah xD )
Kyle: (And I wasn't posting a wall of text, but I did do what I could before the round took a hold of me)
DM
Angel takes the black stone and clips it back around her neck. Almost instantly, the sense of doom fades from everyone and Nanteu, Raiden, and the blacksmith are released from the horrible feeling of fear. She makes a face at Kyle. "I was out of the fancy spells... and I can't flirt," she says. "Nobody likes a tiefling flirting with them." She smiles a little, but she still looks sad - obviously she didn't enjoy that in the slightest.
"You were going to stuff a marble down my throat!" The blacksmith cries indignantly, no longer shy about talking now that he's spilled his guts. "You sick bastard-... whore!"
Siara: (I think my old router was better than this one...)
DM: (Did it just take you out again?)
Siara: (Yup)
Siara sets Raiden down as the feeling fades, picking up his hammer with one hand and giving it a few test swings before holding it out towards the blacksmith. "Awfully mouthy for one in your position, aren't you?
DM: The blacksmith looks angry now, but falls silent as he watches Siara swing the hammer. He moodily stares off at the wall.
Kyle motions over the blacksmith looking to the group- "Anyideas on what we should do about him? Maybe bring him to Keep for prison or just leave him here and let him tell Nateshk where we'll be?" -Then moving over to the blacksmith carefully- "Siara would you mind breaking his legs, I really don't want him kicking anyone on the way back too.."
DM
"What!? No!" The blacksmith cries out, the fear returning.
"Are you nuts!?" Angel asks, staring at Kyle. "I did that all without hurting him and now you're going to hurt him!?"
"I think it's a good idea!" Rooke says.
Siara grins widely, his eyes darkening slightly as the gem stops glowing. "It would be my pleasure..." Gripping the hammer with both hands, he lifts his hammer over his head. "Any objections besides Angel?"
Nanteu blinks, as if deciding for herself, then shakes her head. After all the trouble she went through to catch him.. it would be nice if he couldn't run away again.
DM: Angel moves forward to step between Siara and the half-elf. "I'm not kidding around, Siara!" She stands in his way, hand on the hilt of her longsword. "This isn't funny!" She looks a bit lost here, not believing that any of them would be so cruel as to hurt a prisoner that couldn't defend himself.
Kyle steps into the way waving his hands- "Fine.. fine.. Alright, then Rooke grab the guy and lets head back to the Keep quickly so we can dumb off this guy and let the queen figure out what to do with him, and maybe get some more info.. Then we can make up our mind wether we want to book it to the next town, or sit here and wait to nab Nateshk. How's that sound to everyone?" -He says moving over to help Rooke grab ahold the guy.
Kyle: (Stone him to death!)
Siara "Hmm? None of us is laughing. And you would so easily defend a man that just called the princess of Elmrock Keep a whore." He lowers the hammer, holding it powerfully with one hand on the grip and one near the head. "Care to explain your reasoning?"
Siara: (If I get my magic back in the morning, I can fix him easily. It just makes it easier for us to keep an eye on him in the night.)
Kyle: (xD I love that everyone but Angel is ok with breaking his legs, Kyle was kinda half joking but still godd)
DM
Angel is quiet for a few moments, watching everyone and feeling suddenly very awkward. She loosens her grasp on the hilt of her sword and lets her hand drop down to her side again, watching as Kyle and Rooke move towards the blacksmith. "Because what I did to him, he has every right to call me names," she says darkly.
Rooke glances to Kyle and quietly murmurs, "Maybe we should wait here... elves don't sleep, do they? That gives us a good guard in that case, plus we have the dog... we could just stay here for the night." He shrugs a bit. "Plus... what's this guy done that will actually make certain he stays in prison?"
DM: (He did kick Rooke in the face with said legs... xD)
Siara crooks the side of his mouth, intrigued. "You'll have to tell us more about that later. If we're staying for the night, I can watch over the entrance. I should be outside anyways.
Siara: "
Nanteu swallows past a lump in her throat, still shaken and holding herself together with her arms. "I can.. watch him too. In the same room. If need be."
Kyle completely forgot it was raining and night time, and his face shows it. He moves to rub his chin trying to think of the best way to handle this situation.- "No I can't have you outside this time Siara I need ya in here.. I'm going to make sure we got some surprises for Nateshk.. And I guess he's free but damn, this just doesn't feel right.."
Kyle: (Kate could you remind who and what Nateshk I already got confused)
DM: (Oh wow... Malakhi's brother. The one Reed was describing)
Siara shrugs and sets down the hammer heavily, balancing it on its head near the wall. "I can trance in a way that makes it so I can regain my magic and watch him at the same time. I wouldn't need any help, but it would be nice to have a second line of defense."
Kyle: (Where is the history! I FORGOT!)
Siara: (I'm less surprised now by the fact that it was 4v1 on breaking his legs, more so by the fact that Kyle actually wants Siara nearby.)
Kyle: (Malakhi is the one that did the spell, and stopped time.. what did his brother do?)
Kyle: (Shea snap out of it! *slap* Get ahold of Nannytwo!)
Nanteu: (*sniffle* mmkay)
DM
"Right! I've had enough of all this talk," Rooke says almost cheerfully. He takes the 'lead' end of the rope and grabs the half-elf's ankles, tugging them up behind his back so he can tie the ankles to the man's wrists. The half-elf grunts in pain but puts up with it as Rooke ties a few firm knots. He drops the half-elf down back in the corner and goes to the counter where he left his pack and food before sorting through it. He divides the food into five lots, ignoring the half-elf.
The food consists of grapes, one bread roll each, and a small slab of meat wrapped up in brown paper - seems Rooke had packed enough to last himself a few days. "Right, here's the food - if you don't want it, put it back in my pack. I'm going to get some shut-eye before whatever happens tomorrow." He tugs his bedroll out of his bag and drags it over to the corner before setting his food down next to it and starting to remove his armor.
DM: (*clears throat* Kitt...)
DM: (Imma strangle you. REMEMBER THIS STUFF!)
Kyle: (Ya.. also who was Reed? )
DM: (We heard mention of Nateshk being in Bluetun so went there to find out what he did there and where we might find him so we can find out where his bro is and stuff. Reed was the elf at the table in the tavern that you didn't go into - you stayed outside with Angel and talked about stuff - and Bluetun's Chieftain. He told Siara and Nanteu that Nateshk came to Bluetun to see Deacon and on his way out, he kinda had his way with Reed's daughter Juna and ended up getting her pregnant. This was before the memory lapse, so she's 2 months pregnant now. Nateshk has been mentioned numerous times since we started, uhmmm... Angel once said she never met him but had the feeling that he and Malakhi were pretty close from things she'd heard. The blacksmith talked about the two of them back when he was just an innocent blacksmith... He's been there the whole time.)
Nanteu finally unfolds her legs and her arms, and makes her way back onto her feet. She looks steadier once upright, and dusts herself off, the air about her returning to it's usual, curious and somewhat odd state. Feeling famished from the earlier run through the woods, and Angel
Nanteu 's episode, she picks up a bundle of grapes and starts eating them one by one, still standing.
DM: Rooke finishes up removing his armor and boots, then takes off his shirt before hopping into his bedroll. Once all snuggled down, he eats his own food in bed. He looks a bit tired, his forehead bruising already from the blacksmith's kick. He finishes with his food and rolls over to face the wall, trying to get comfortable. His armor, boots, belt, and shirt are in a neat pile next to him.
Siara waves a hand dismissively, the normal shine returning to his eyes as he looks over to Nanteu. "You had some good exercise, chasing him down. You don't have to stay up if you don't want to, I'll be fine watching him myself." He then looks to Kyle, ready to speak, then closes his mouth for a minute, Kyle's request for his help catching him by surprise. "What... Uh. What did you need help with?"
DM: (*RUSHES TO FINISH NATESHK'S CS!*)
DM: (Kitt, you up to date on Nateshk enough?)
Kyle simply grabs up the bread and takes a bite out of it, leaving the rest for later when he get's finished with his work.-" Cause.. you won't beable to get back in.." -He says happy to just snack while he starts removing all the contents of his bag. Carefully pulling out the two bear traps that where about the size of a small plate, fishing twine, and rope.- "Cause if this guy is coming here tomorrow and is strong as Deacon said so we may want to be prepared, plus who knows what monsters may come down here while we sleep.. I know the swamp gobbers love ransacking abandon homes. Hmm.. do we want this man disabled, or dead possibly?" -He says taking out all three light crossbows, and bundle of bolts.
Kyle: (Half-and half.. but yes, you do know I have memory issues right? xD I'm just not sure if we kill him, or talk to him, or break his legs..)
Siara: (If I get my magic back before he arrives, I can do all three in any order. xD Otherwise, probably only two.)
DM: (Up to you guys.)
Kyle looks to Angel and Nanteu for answers- "What do you two think, I'm trusting your judgement Angel?"
Kyle: (Ha, now I don't have to make up my mind)
DM
Angel just softly shrugs. "I... I dunno." She seems tired. "I don't know enough about him and I just feel... confused. I'm going to sleep."
She glances down and moves to her pack before picking it up and wandering through into the room with the rune, then into the next room where the box was. Once in there, she sits down in a corner, rolling up into a ball with her pack, going to use it as a pillow. She takes the music box out and sets it up next to her before turning it and watching the little dancing figures turn with her glowy gaze.
Kyle: (I still want to know what Shea and Vex think I should do. )
Nanteu stops herself mid-chew, also part way through pressing another piece of fruit to her lips. "I'm alright," she says to Siara. "I'm just glad I caught him in the first place," she adds, as if in afterthought, and beams happily at him, evidently proud of the achievement. The smile fades somewhat as Kyle throws the question towards her and Angel, and finally pops the new grape into her mouth. "Oh, um, she stammers as Angel leaves, now feeling targeted. "I.. think we should.. attack him outright? Well I don't know. He could be extremely possible - actually, it's quite likely that he's extremely powerful. If we get him quickly, then we may be able to finish him off without anyone getting seriously injured.. Or we could knock him out."
Nanteu: (wow, i stuffed up heaps on that one)
Siara starts heading into the next room. "We should try to talk to him first, if he's the one that actually did the mind wipe. If we can't talk to him, incapacitate him. Kill as a last resort."
Nanteu rubs the back of her neck. "Or we could have back ups, yeah. That's probably best.."
Kyle watches everyone seem to spread out not wanting to talk to him. He can't help but feel the need to set something out, so he quickly sets and primes a thin piece of twine at the entrance and thread it down to the basement and ties two bells to the end.- "Well atleast this should wake us up, if he manages to get here before we wake.." -He says half way muttered, due to rest of the bread gripped in his mouth as he walks backward threading the alarm- "I think Angel mad at us, or atleast me.. I think she took the leg breaking bit hard.." -Then he would finish up lunch and head to bed rolling it out into a cleaning, and setting one of the crossbows next to him loaded.
Kyle: (Round at any moment..)
Kyle: (There now we can time skip!)
Siara: (If anything, she's be madder at me for actually trying to go through with it.)
Nanteu: (Or it's both.)
DM: (All right - I'm not gonna write an opening scene. You lot wake up as you like this morning. I'm sorting out some stuff like stats... won't be long!)
Nanteu: (then she's twice as mad.)
DM: (DAY 4!!!)
Siara: (Darn, no fancy trance then. xD I can describe coming out of it at least)
DM: (Rooke and Angel will still be asleep)
Siara stirs and stretches a bit as the vines of life energy from the roof and ceiling retract into the cocoon of light that surrounds him. It lowers to the floor slowly, realigning itself vertically before contracting sharply, disappearing into his body. He touches down gracefully, his robes fluttering constantly with the new power. He lifts a hand and starts building up for a spell, grinning when it doesn't dissipate like before. "Excellent..."
Kyle: (Round, guess Kyle sleeping this one out too for a bit, plus it's super dark I bet!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: (I snore that loudly)
DM: (xD!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Angel snores louder than Rooke)
DM: (What's happening?)
Siara: (I tranced out. Waiting to see if anyone else wakes up.)
DM: (Shea?)
Nanteu props herself up against a wall, having slumped against it after the others had set themselves up to rest. She had dozed on and off throughout the course of night, but was now restless with anticipation. If something was going to happen, she needed to be on her feet quickly.
Nanteu: (sorry, was talking to mum.)
DM
Rooke rolls over, sleepily rubbing at his face as he peers about in the dark. "Whoa... this isn't fun. Wake up and feel blind..." He feels about, unable to see in the dark unlike the two elves who would see with their low-light vision. The slit of light from the trapdoor would have been enough for them to be able to see. His hand touches over his boots and belt, so he crawls out of the bedroll and kneels while he puts his belt on, then feels about for his shirt.
"Anyone else awake?" he calls softly.
Nanteu breaks away from the wall and walks quitely to Rooke, giving a low whistle as she nears him, so he knows where she is. She leans over a grabs his shirt from the pile, then touches his arm tentatively, passing him his shirt with her other hand. "Here."
Nanteu: over and*)
DM: "Were you whistling at me?" Rooke jokes as he takes the shirt from her, fumbling to find the right way around to put it on over his head. Finding the right holes - he thinks - he puts the shirt on and stretches a bit before frowning and slipping his arms back out, spinning the shirt around so it's the other way around. He seems to be a bit more comfortable with that and starts feeling about for his armour.
Nanteu: "/me grins in the dark, repeating the same note, though she lengthens it, turning it into a wolf-whistle. "Hah. Just for that, I'll let you blindly fumble for your other things."
Nanteu: (oh man..)
DM: Rooke chuckles. "Cruel woman." He manages to get his hands back on his boots and pulls them on before grabbing about until he finds his armour. He starts pulling it on and buckling it up. "Anyone else awake aside from you, Nan?"
Siara calls back "Yes, I'm done with my trance, and I have most of my magic back. All that's left is Kyle and Angel."
DM: "No one call during the night?" Rooke asks, finishing up with his armor and starting to roll up his bedroll. He stands and feels his way along the wall until he finds his bag. "How's our captive doing?" He kicks blindly and is met by a pained grunt. "Still here, I hear."
Nanteu "He was quiet all night.. He probably didn't want to interrupt Siara, and give him an excuse to hurt him."
Kyle violently thrashes about for a moment with his hands out grasping at the nearest object, sadly the closest thing was a load crossbow._ "Owww.. that's sharp.." -He mumbles finding the sharp arrowhead first then touches his face panicking for a brief moment.- "My God the dreams were true, I'm blind! Noo!." -he yells before crawling backward to the corner wall with his back up
DM: (Kitt's rounds are LOOOOONG)
Kyle: (IT'S CAUSE ITS RAINING)
DM: (MAKE IT GO AWAY THEN!)
Kyle: (It's raining.. and I have to share wands meaning I'm having to walk double the amount meaning my 15 min round are like 25ish.. it's annoying)
DM: "Good morning Kyle..." Rooke smirks, picking up his pack and shouldering it. "Gosh, we need a light... or darkvision like Angel. All right! What's happening today and what are we doing about it?"
Siara laughs heartily as he hears Kyle freaking out, then snaps his fingers, casting his first spell of the day, Light. Raiden's bolt-shaped stripes light up as usual, starting with a soft glow and rising to a bright luminance so they're not blinded."
Siara: (minus that " )
Kyle: (Sorry another round, got to do this one early to drop off the wand, I should be back quicker though!)
DM: (All right... Nanteu, Siara, take point on what you wanna do and stuff. Stuff will happen once Kitt gets back.)
DM: (Nanteu, do a random roll for me, would you?)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (Ta)
Siara: (I've got my magic and already popped the first spell of the day, don't really need to do anything now since he's not hungry.)
DM: (Mm)
Nanteu plays with the hilt of her rapier, and movies back to the wall she had been 'sleeping' against. "Aside from Kyle's tripwires and whatnot, should we set up anymore traps?"
DM: Rooke gives a shrug. "Don
DM: (GRR)
DM: Rooke gives a shrug. "Don't know... didn't you lot want to talk to him? Making him fall flat on his face is a pretty great start in itself to a nice conversation in my opinion... having your head land in a bucket of water at the bottom of the stairs is just nasty if you ask me." He chuckles quietly to himself, then sits on the counter and looks around at the darkness.
Siara shakes his head. "If the trap he set for the gnolls in the tunnel is any indication, we're fine with actual traps. If you're still unsure, I could lay a trap of my own with magic."
Nanteu still looks unsure, but she waves away the offer. "No, it's okay. They should do the trick, and we'll be waiting, so I think we're pretty well covered."
Kyle watches everything come into view and stands stretching his back walking toward the back room as he speaks- "I really didn't set anything last night, just a alarm incase the trapdoor was open. Seems like everyone wants to talk to the rapists first so ehh.. I'm going to snatch Angel up real quick.. Angel rise and shine!" -He yell with his hands cupped walking back there to her
DM: (Are we waiting for Kitt?)
DM: (... why do I keep asking stuff about Kitt just as he posts!?)
Siara: (It's a natural sensor that needs tuning)
DM: Angel sleepily opens her eyes. She's curled up in a ball in the corner of the room with her cape draped over her like a blanket and her pack used as a pillow. The music box is still sitting next to her and she yawns and stretches as Kyle approaches her. "Mm... what's the time...?" Her horn cracks against the ground as her head rolls off the pack and she grunts before rolling onto her knees and elbows, rubbing at her eyes with her fingers. "Ehh, it's dark... Nateshk popped in yet?"
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (Awareness checks from everyone in the first room)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (Oh shoot, where was I...)
Nanteu: (kitchen? i think that's where i am..)
DM: (Kitchen, yup)
Nanteu: (rolldie 20
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (Where was the half-elf? I went into the same room as him to watch him, then moved to... Oh, yeah, first room.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (What are your mods?)
Kyle shakes his head with a hand still against the wall- "Nope not yet, but it's still early could be here any second. So that's why I'm here, to make sure your ready to go and fight off any magical charms this guy may have.. Last thing we need is Rooke trying to take my head off." -Then holding his hand out to help Angel up-
Siara: (14 Raiden, 17 Siara)
DM: Angel grabs up the music box and shoves it in her bag before straightening her cape up around her neck. Once she's shouldered the small pack, she reaches up and takes Kyle's hand, allowing him to help her to her feet. "Magical charms... yay. I hate fighting magic-users..." She catches the edge of her cape and starts shining one of her horns with the fabric. "They always cheat."
DM: (And Shea?)
Nanteu: (+8 for listen)
DM: (Oh, wow... all right. Tie-breaker roll between us for what I'm gonna do.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara smirks. "That's exactly why we need to talk at some point. I can teach you more about it, and what you can do when faced by it."
Kyle: (WAIT)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (nvm)
DM: (Siara, you're not in the same room as Angel or Kyle)
DM: (You're in room 1, they're in room 4)
Siara: (I went into whatever room the trap is in)
DM: (Kitchen)
DM: (It's at the stairs)
DM: (Which is Room 1)
Siara: (Odd, Kyle didn't stay beside it?)
Kyle helps pull Angel to her feet and keeps ahold of her hand tightly looking with a grin- "Cheat? Heh, I think I may be rubbing off on you if you keep talking like that.. Ya know in this dark basement it's hard to see, kinda reminds me when we're exploring that mind, and all the lights went out."
DM: (It's got a bell on it)
Siara: (Oh, I thought he stayed by it anyways so he would hear it.)
Kyle: (mine*)
DM: (Wow, first time I realized mine and the personal 'mine' are the same word... weird.)
DM
"The gold mine?" Angel asks, still shining her horns with her cape. "Mm, I suppose so... but we did have better lighting in there than here. I don't really want to waste any of my spells on light at the moment - I may need them for a fight today if we have one." She switches to shining her other horn.
"Gosh, I miss playing my fiddle... used to get up every morning and play it for an hour before anything else. Not much time for that at the moment!"
DM: (All right... Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (wha?)
DM: Nanteu, maybe you're just a little distracted by Rooke and Siara, but you hear the slightest 'tinkle' of the bell. Nobody else seems to pick up on it. You glance up to find a skulking figure on the stairs, trying to delicately step over the tripwire with the bell-trap on it. With a start, you realize it's the half-elf - he managed to slip from his bonds and sneak all the way to the base of the stairs before you even noticed! He quickly steps up, his hands pressing against the trapdoor, readying himself for an explosion of energy and a daring escape...
Nanteu: (oh man, not again)
Nanteu: (oh crap! dinner xD ill try and be really quick!)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (ok)
DM: (-.-)
Siara: (Aw shoot, now what?)
Kyle: (Draven time..)
DM: (Draven?)
DM: (Well... Siara could always get into a lively conversation with Rooke upon the origins of cake...)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (Byw... I have 30 mins. Nateshk is probably gonna have to wait until next week.)
Nanteu: (false alarm. i should have about 10 minutes)
DM: (ok)
Nanteu: (or.. we could wait.. yeah.)
DM: (Nateshk can wait. We can do other stuff in this 30 mins)
Kyle watches her closely getting really close to make out what she's doing- "Are.. are you shining your horns? Heh, what's the special occasion, couldn't be me could it?" -He say poking fun at her- "And I never knew you could even play the fiddle, I thought it was for looks."
DM: (... maybe I can negotiate for more time... but I doubt it.)
Siara: (I could catch him, or at least lock him down with Entangle, but I need to know he's getting away xD)
Siara: (As long as we catch him, we can interrogate him without you for a bit)
Nanteu: (Okay, I'll let Siara know)
Nanteu sucks in a sharp breath, her hearing having miraculously picked up that slightest piece of sound. She spins about fully, her hand shoting out towards the stairs as her head flicks to Siara. "Siara!," she cries, indicating the half-elf at the stairs. Instinctivey, she reaches for her bow, ready to knock an arrow in case he somehow misses.
DM: Angel softly grins, still shining away at her horns and looking a little bit embarrassed by Kyle taking a closer look. "They just look better a bit shiny... no real reason other than that. They don't look so scary, I think." She lets her cape drop and reaches into her pack, bringing out a small comb before she runs it through her hair, untangling the knots she managed to get in her locks during the night and previous day. "And yup... I play the fiddle. I'll play you a tune some time when nothing's going wrong." She gives him a playful smirk.
DM: .
DM: (FB chat died for me)
Siara: (w)
Kyle: (ditto)
DM: (see what happens when you type dirty words?)
Kyle: (...what did I type that was dirty? o,o)
Kyle: (I was talking about cake)
DM: (I was talking about my head exploding with pressure, but that never sent.)
DM: (Then I yelled some stuff at you, but that never sent either. That was like... asking you if the chat died.)
Siara looks at Nanteu in surprise, then at the stairs, spotting the half-elf making a break for it. He narrows his eyes and lifts his right hand, aiming for the half-elf. "Oh no you don't... Entangle!" Large tendrils of green light swirl over his arm, collecting in a large mass at his palm before speeding forward, a bright trail extending behind them. On contact with the half-elf, it comes to life, swirling around him before solidifying into thick vines that pin his arms and legs together, but keep him suspended in the air. Closing his arm around the light trail, it retracts towards him, pulling the half-elf back down. "I should have broken your legs when I had the chance..." He turns and calls into the back room, still reeling the blacksmith in. "Oi, Kyle! Come out front, I've got a surprise for you. And bring your girlfriend!" There's a tinge of irritation in his voice as he mentions Angel.
Kyle: (So you where typing dirty words to me, is what your saying?)
DM: (TESTING was the dirtiest)
DM: (I was joking with you )
Siara: (In case it doesn't make sense, I was using Entangle like an enhanced capture net)
Kyle: (we out of time yet?)
DM: (No)
DM: (I'm gonna just be really quiet and hope nobody notices the time. xD)
DM: (I got 15 mins before I engage Stealth mode)
Kyle reels back folding his arms watching her brush before looking away feeling like it might be awkward- "That would be a sight for sure, maybe see you and Nanny-two could do a duet.. Well, she ya I'll be in the other room when your ready." -He begins to turn then hears Siara cries and he starts heading that way- "What type of surprise cause I told ya I don't swi.. Oh hello Blacksmith, you look a little tied up.. Hmm Rooke I thought you said you used alot knots?""
DM
"I did," Rooke says moodily, then shrugs. "I'm no sailor, though, and I don't often tie people up... how'd he manage to get all the way over there without any of us seeing him?" he asks.
Angel follows Kyle into the kitchen and eyes the blacksmith as he struggles to be free of the Entanglement. She is quiet as she slips the comb back into her pack and softly clears her throat. "What are we going to do with him now?" she asks. "We obviously can't keep tying him up if he's going to just escape so easily..."
The blacksmith attempts to bite one of the vines.
Nanteu has nocked an arrow and is moving around Siara, the rope taut and ready to let loose, but she lowers the front of the bow, so the tip of the arrow is pointing to the ground.
Nanteu "We could break his legs this time.."
Siara keeps his right hand open to control the vines, tempted to send a tendril down the half-elf's throat to scare him. "And my magic doesn't last forever. If you had let me break his legs, this wouldn't have happened. Now we have two options. Technically only one option, but two things to do. First, Angel. Why don't you tell us more about what happened between you two? After that, we can decide if I disable him. Or we can disable him now, keep him still for a bit..." He curls his fingers like a claw, causing the vines to tighten a bit.
Siara "It's up to you to decide whether to break him or kill him, but this time you have no way of stopping me whichever way it goes. Choose carefully."
Kyle: (Well this got dark pretty quick.)
DM
Angel licks her lips, a little nervous for the half-elf's sake. Anyone looking at her can easily see she's ready to flinch, expecting the sounds of breaking bones to come any second. "Nothing," she softly says. "Just... just scared him a bit to get him to talk. You weren't the target of that... aura thing I do... if you were a target, you would understand. It's not like the fear people feel when they're just accidentally bumped by it like your dog or Nanteu..."
She swallows, gently laying a hand on Siara's shoulder. "Don't do this, though. Please?"
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Siara's a bit miffed that Angel stopped him from breaking his legs, and thus having to do this in the first place, so now he's trying to force her hand.)
DM: (Roll a will save, Siara)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara: (Do I add will mod?)
DM: (yup)
Siara: (22)
DM: (Bother)
DM: (You feel nothing. Don't worry about it. xD)
Kyle: (Should been a Sorc!)
DM: (Shoulda had a higher charisma score!)
Nanteu: (gaaaah. dinner now. for real. i won't be coming back tonightthough)
DM: (Aw, goodnight Shea)
Nanteu: (Night guys. it was fun )
Kyle moves up quickly almost repeating himself with his hands up.-" Woah, now there no need for that yet.. He still hasn't done anything that bad.. If anything save that stuff for the rapist that should be coming through that door any moment. Just tie him up again and this time we'll watch him, we're not going to sleep anytime soon."
Kyle: (Night!
DM: (=))
Kyle: (Cya in 4 days!)
Nanteu: (yup. too long..)
Siara: (Naito Shea /o/)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu left the chat
Kyle: ("too long" I'm flattered I'll be missed xD )
Siara listens to her words, his eyes glowing with the magic as he gazes into hers, and notices how jumpy she seems. He lets his hand relax, releasing some of the tension in the vines. "First of all, relax, I'm not going to break him yet - the key word here being YET. You stopped me from breaking his legs before, and you don't want me to break them now, even though he had some lovely words for you. What has he done for you that would warrant this protection?"
DM
"Maybe I just hold a little bit of mercy for those that are completely unarmed and have done me no harm other than call me names," Angel says, her eyes flashing as Siara meets her gaze. She drops her hand from his shoulder. "Also, it's no way to treat someone who did good business with you. Aren't you pleased with that staff and the leather gloves he gave you?"
The blacksmith just stares at Angel, not sure what she's getting at.
Kyle: (Sense Motive Angel's betrayal coming?!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle: (13 yay!)
DM: You can see her hand on her longsword, but other than that, there seems to be no sign of hostility. She's defensive and unwilling to leave the blacksmith at Siara's mercy... seeing as he has very little. Her whole motive for this seems to be that she just hates the idea of the man having his legs broken for so little - worst he did was fight Nanteu and Rooke, but he didn't attempt to kill them - only protect himself.
Siara shrugs. "Fair enough. But you're young, you don't know what an unarmed man is still capable of. That being said, given the effort put into getting him here in the first place, do you have any other way of keeping him here? We know that ropes won't hold him for long." He casts a glance at Kyle. "I can break him a bit so he can't get away, then fix him up when we're done here. Deal?"
Siara: (The gem is in room 3, so his Haze is starting to seep through)
Kyle holds his hands out, and calls Rooke over- "Just put him down I got this.." (Do you put him down, and does Rooke help me grab the man?)
DM
Angel suddenly looks angry at Siara. "I know fully well what good fighters can do with their fists!" she says. "Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm stupid, Siara. I would have thought your age would have maybe let you have a little mercy for people that are yet to even attack you outright!"
Rooke stands and walks over to Kyle at his bidding.
Kyle: (Do I need to grapple him, or can I just say I do what I want with the guy?)
DM: (No grapple - he's scared enough of being grabbed by Siara again)
DM: (I gotta go...)
Kyle raises his voice a bit- "Calm your mind you two! I really didn't want to do this, but ehh.. Ya leave me no choice Blacksmith. I swear once we're done meeting Natty we're letting you go, till then your just going to have to deal with this." -Kyle and Rooke would then lead him into the other room and use his lock from the trapdoor to put him in one of the ainmal cages
Kyle: (Alrigh cya next week!)
DM: (Woo! Someone finally thought of that!)
DM: (Goodnight guys!)
DM leave
DM: ..
DM left the chat 19 minutes ago
Siara narrows his eyes. "Maybe I'm too cynical to be merciful when things like this happen." He moves his hand forward, directing the vines forward to carry the half-elf over to Kyle, then closes his hand around the light from his palm. Like a bubble on a needle, the vines disappear in a shower of green sparks, and the half-elf is deposited in front of Kyle and Angel. "At their wish, you're safe for now. If you try to escape again... Just don't try to escape, fair?"

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 pm by Kate Orchix

(Nanteu’s Dream) (14th November 2012)

Kate: 'Nanteu's Dream'
Kate changed name to DM
Shea changed name to Nanteu
DM: Nanteu, you find yourself standing by a pond in a small meadow. Trees tower overhead and a light breeze stirs through the leaves. The sun casts a summery light over everything in your sight, the trees' shadows the only relief. Rooke is sitting by the pond, sharpening his greatsword's blade.
DM: (So tempted to just randomly have a flying shark jump outta the trees...)
Nanteu approaches Rooke hesitantly, distracted by her surroundings. She stops at his side, confused, and for some reason not wearing shoes - something she would often go without as a child.
Nanteu: (Hahaha)
DM: (What's Nanteu's current opinion of Rooke?)
Nanteu: (She likes him ^^ She respects him for telling her about himself. Feels priveledged, even. And she can see that he's a good person, despite his past. )
DM: (All right, neat!)
DM: Rooke looks at Nanteu's feet before grinning and looking up at her. "You feel that safe here?" he asks. "What if they come back? They'll bite your toes off."
DM: (Awareness check!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (... or yeah, just don't. You'll hear anyways with that fumble. xD)
Nanteu looks down at her feet. "I don't know where I put my shoes.. And.. what will come back?," she asks, giving a concerned glance above her.
DM: You hear numerous footsteps through the grass around you and Rooke stands, holding the greatsword in his hands. He isn't wearing his pack, but is still wearing his armor. "The wolves," he says. "Annoying as hell... they followed us the whole way from Elmrock Keep. See? There's one in the grass beneath that tree." He points to said tree, and you spy a wolf crouching beneath it, ready to race at you. (He's 20 ft. away)
Nanteu blinks, then begins to slip off her pack, setting it against a tree once she's freed both of her arms. Slowly, she reaches for her rapier at her hip, then passes a hand over her shoulder, clasping at the buckler located on the upper half of her back. She readies both, eye on the first wolf.
DM: (Roll for initiative)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Nanteu: eyes*)(I always leave part of a word out. Or a letter..)(And I need to use that buckler more!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Nanteu, Rooke, Wolf 1, Wolf 2, Wolf 3)
DM: (Oh wait)
DM: (Wolf 1, Nanteu, Rooke, Wolf 2, Wolf 3)
DM: (Technically, you're always using the buckler xD That's what adds an extra 1 point to your AC)
Nanteu: (But I never equip when writing. It's like it doesn't exist in the RP part of things xD)
DM: The first wolf races at you Nanteu, grey in color with a white chin and underbelly. It's gold eyes glare at you as it leaps forward with gleaming, vicious teeth...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (Hit, roll damage)
Nanteu: (out of 20 or 5?)
DM: (5, if that's what dice your weapon uses)
Nanteu: (or.. something else)
DM: (xD! Which weapon are you using?)
Nanteu: (rapier xD)
DM: (All right, a rapier is a d6, so you roll a /rolldie 6 or simply /rolldie)
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: (Aw)
DM: (Take a look at your CS? Look for where your weapon has its own stats. First should be 'Reach' which will tell you how far a weapon can reach... we don't use that much seeing as we aren't using real tabletop rules seeing as we don't have a physical grid to look at. xD Next is 'Dam' which is Damage. That's where for Rapier, it says 1d6+3. With a rapier, you get a +5 bonus on your attack roll - unless it's a fumble - and then you roll damage.)
DM: (Trick with this is to try and RP at the same time as you're rolling the numbers, which is hard. xD)
Nanteu: (well Reach is 5', and Dam is like you said, at 1d6+3)
Nanteu: (and that's what I thought we were practising, cause that's what i need to get the hang of xD)
DM: (Yup!)
DM: Rooke snatches up his greatsword and slices at the wolf that attempted to bite Nanteu...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (Gotta love this guy's mods... He has +7 to hit with his greatsword, which is a 15 in total, so he hits.)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Nanteu barely needed to sidestep as the wolf flew past her. She then swung her rapier towards it, hitting, but doing little damage. She backs away quickly, waiting for the next attack.
Nanteu: (Whoa. What.)
DM: (Damage rolls that are 1's are not fumbles)
Nanteu: (x3)
Nanteu: (So she did hit, but only took 1 hp? is that how it works, out of 5 or 6?)
DM: (OOOH, that was a damage roll... DUH! I need to look at this stuff more closely!!!)
DM: (Lemme see... with your 1d6+3, that's a damage of 4)
DM: (1d6 = 1 six-sided die. Rooke's weapon is 2d6 = 2 six-sided dice)
DM: The greatsword cuts through the wolf like butter, sending it howling to the ground, shuddering in death throes before it abruptly dies. Rooke glances towards Nanteu just as another wolf leaps from the shadows of a tree and attempts to bite into Rooke's leg...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss) The wolf misses Rooke's leg by an inch, and its remaining companion leaps after him, going for Rooke's thigh.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Miss. Back to you. )
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: (You're so lucky... you keep rolling the crits!)
Nanteu: (what about the other day? that was awesome luck!)
DM: (So, with a critical strike, you roll another d20 to see if you succeed on your critical strike or if it's just a normal attack. If it is a successful crit strike, you roll damage again and add up the totals and mods.)
DM: (That was! But terrible for trying to show you what normal combat is like! xD!!!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Aww, normal attack!)
DM: (So, you have a modifier of +3 on that damage roll, so in total, it's another 4)
DM: (Also, when we're doing this, we need to specify who we're attacking... Wolf 2 is the first that jumped at Rooke. Wolf 3 is the second.)
DM: (That's so we can keep track of hp scores and any differences in character sheets
DM: (... FACE!)
DM: (brb)
Nanteu appears behind Rooke, slicing up through the air towards Wolf 3, cutting a smooth, shallow line up through it's side.
Nanteu: (kk)
DM: (back)
DM: Rooke brings his blade down in the hopes of maybe ending Wolf 3's life...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (Hit - also, just in case ya didn't know, when we're rolling 'to hit', or rolling attacks, we're trying to match the other creature's AC or higher.)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM: (8 and 9... definite kill)
Nanteu: (how do you know what their AC's are though?.. i should just ask you xD)
DM: Wolf 3 yelps with Nanteu's attack and starts to move forward, but Rooke's blade comes down and severs it's head from its shoulders. Wolf 2 is left, ready to attack. He leaps at Nanteu with his teeth bared.
DM: (I have the wolf CS in front of me, so I can see what their AC is. xD Rooke's AC is open for me too. Are you asking where it is?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Wolf 2 misses, back to you)
Nanteu: (i mean how high it is - or is there a set AC for each class of creature/animal?)(i don't know anything, remember xD)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (AC is determined by your Dexterity score. If you want to, experiment by removing your armor and buckler from your CS so you can see what you would be like if you were unprotected. Then change your Dexterity stat and muck around with it to see what it does to your AC.)
DM: (That'll be a miss, even with your to hit mod of 5)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Rooke misses too)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Wolf 2 misses his attack on you)
Nanteu: (what i really meant was, how do you know your opponent's CS?)
Nanteu: AC*)
DM: (You don't, generally. You can take a guess or watch how the fight goes, but generally it's not known - the DM tells you whether or not you've hit, or you might remember that you hit the last time you rolled a high number or something. )
Nanteu: (Okay~)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (Hit!)
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (Add your mod...)
Nanteu: (+5, so Cool(am i doing this right? tell me when i make a mistake)
DM: (+3 for damage. +5 is for your attack roll)
DM: (Attack roll is this: 1d20+5)(Damage roll for rapier is this: 1d6+3)
Nanteu: (sorry, i just mix them up somehow.)
DM: (That's okay xD It was my biggest problem when I started too.)
Nanteu: ( but i think i get it now xD i hope i get it now. so the damage is 6, from an attack of 17?)
DM: (Yup!)
DM: (Except...)
DM: (I just said you succeeded on the roll because 17 is automatically above the wolf's AC. Normally, you would add your attack bonus)
DM: (So, damage of 6 from an attack of... 22)
Nanteu: (i forgot to add the first bonus. okay, i think i get it! finally..)
DM: (xD! Write away!)
Nanteu swings around, blade arm extended as she brings her rapier towards Wolf 2. She brings her buckler up in reflex as she lunges towards it, her rapier coming down to stab the wolf in the belly.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: The wolf hops back, a yelp coming from it as it keels over. Rooke glances at Nanteu before swiftly bringing the sword down to end the wolf's misery. He crouches to wipe his bloodied blade on the grass. "Well, that was fairly easy... and none of your toes missing. So much for peace and quiet, however..." He smiles before sheathing the blade across his back.
Nanteu wiggles her toes contentely, grinning at Rooke. She feels glad that he was with her - he'd taken them on like a pro!
Nanteu: contenteDly*~~)
DM: (Contently contentedly... hm, both are correct, I think...? xD! I DON'T KNOW!)
DM: (Okay! So that's like... you're easy-peasy combat encounter. A couple of wolves, a good tank by your side - Rooke - etc.... wanna do something bigger and see how the combat works if you're taking damage yourself?)
Nanteu: (Sure. I'll BRB though, dad needs us to put away the groceries. bro and I.)
DM: (Okey dokes!)
DM: (Gives me some time to come up with something! )
DM: (Got some stuff! xD)
Nanteu: (okay, back)(Got something? )
DM
Rooke stretches his arms up above his head and grunts. "Right, so..." He leans down and picks up Nanteu's pack, shouldering it for her. "You can borrow my boots if you want to, but they might smell... I haven't really bathed in a couple of days..." He gives her a wry grin, glancing over her shoulder before swearing and grabbing her, pulling her back behind him.
As you find yourself protectively held behind Rooke, you spy a creature over his shoulder. It is standing in the shade of a tree, lean, long-legged bipedal, and as tall as Rooke. It has wicked-looking claws on its feet and a brightly colored hide that reminds you of a tropical bird. It's outstretched tail makes it almost twice as long as it is tall. Beady golden eyes stare at you, the creature's mouth parting to display sharp teeth.
"Any idea what that thing is?" Rooke asks. "You really like attracting trouble, don't you?"
Shea joined the chat 7 seconds ago
Shea changed name to Nanteu
Nanteu: (Whoops)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu gapes at the creature, both hands clutching at one of Rooke's sleeves. She barely realises her whole body is being pressed against his back as she studies the.. tropical-humanoic thing. Upon hearing Rooke's comment, she frowns. "Me?! It could be you who's attracting all of the unwanted attention," she fiercely whispers, though with a hint of sarcasm.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM
"Very possibly..." he says softly before reaching his hand over his shoulder and carefully taking his greatsword down from his back. "So, a lizard creature with a hide like that... crazy-looking thing, isn't it?" He grips the greatsword in both hands. "Reckon it's anywhere near friendly?"
The creature suddenly leaps in the air, it's powerful legs sending it the distance across to Rooke, whacking him down with it's talons starting to dig into his chest. Rooke whacks his arm into the creature's legs, batting it aside before rolling to his feet and holding the sword out before him. "All right, it's not," he states. "Unless it's just desperate for a hug, but I doubt it..."
DM: (Roll for initiative. The creature 'surprised' Rooke since he wasn't sure whether to expect an attack or not. It had to meet his 'flat-footed' AC, but failed. You can find that next to your normal AC if you're interested in where that is.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Nanteu: (her flat is 14)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Nanteu: (so what was Rooke's then? only 8, or lower?)
DM: (All right, so Rooke first, creature, then Nanteu)
DM: (He didn't take any damage. His flat is... 15)
Nanteu: (uhkay)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Rooke misses)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Creature misses)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: Rooke races in with his blade, attempting to slice at the creature, but it leaps over his blade. As it leaps, it attempts to slash at Rooke with it's talons, but he manages to duck back in time.
Nanteu: (14)
DM: (Plus mod?)
DM: (Ahkay xD Posted same time)
DM: (You miss)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM: (Whoo! Finally! Rooke)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (A crit for Rooke would have been pretty massive... xD It would have been 4 damage rolls in total!)
DM: (So... 9 and 6... equals 15...)
Nanteu makes a swipe for the creature, charging forward as soon as it lands, but misses, the blade swinging just past it's upper arm.
DM: Rooke waits for Nanteu's swing to end before he brings his own blade about to slice through the creature. His blade cuts deep into the creature's belly and it gives a shrill cry of pain before moving forward in the hopes of attacking Nanteu...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (Miss!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: (7 xD)
DM: (xD What's with our terrible rolls today!?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Rooke misses...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (Thingy misses...)
Nanteu: (it's just a bad roll die xD)
Nanteu: day!!*)
DM: (xD! Your turn again!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Nanteu: (15~)
DM: (Oh boy... not even then! xD!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (ROOKE! YAY!)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: (... -.-)
DM: (8 damage)
Nanteu: (man, this sucks xD)
DM: (Yes!!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (Creature hits you finally...)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (Take... 6 and 8... take 14 damage!)
Nanteu: (so 14 hp?!)
DM: After a few rounds of flailing swords and rapiers and talons, Rooke finally strikes the creature again. However, instead of reacting to him, it instead turns on Nanteu, leaping to slice it's talons through her chest and belly.
DM: (Yup! Remove 14 hp!)
Nanteu: (I'm dead!)
DM: (xD!! What's your hp total?)
Nanteu: (13!! xD!)
DM: (So you're -1! All right, that means you're dying. You're not dead yet... xD!)
Nanteu: (Ahh! Okay xD)
DM: (Lemme find the rules page on this so you can have a quick look)
DM: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dying )
Nanteu staggers back, smacking into the ground as blood flows freely from the gashes across her stomach.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Nanteu: (Oh great)
DM: (oooh, just!)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (6 and 7... 13... good.)
DM: "Nanteu!" Rooke cries, then stands before her so the creature won't be able to attack her any more. The creature rushes at him, it's teeth and claws maliciously shining in the sunlight before Rooke viciously slices his blade upwards - the creature falls back, split in two and quite dead. Rooke, dropping the blade, rushes to Nanteu's side. "Nanteu... Nanteu, wake up!" (He's gonna do a heal check to try and stabilize her so she won't lose further hp)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (Nup, fail)
DM: (All right... so this is where you roll a percentage die, which is /rolldie 100 If you succeed at 90 or above, you stabilize and can wake up. If you don't succeed, you loose another hp.)
Nanteu: (Aahahah)(Greeeaaaat)
Nanteu rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 90
Nanteu: (HAHAHAH)
DM: (... it loves you. It is in complete and utter love with you, that dice!)
Nanteu: (*swoon*)
DM: (*just stares*)
Nanteu 's eyes flutter open, but she doesn't move, instead cringing against the intense pain. Her hand scrambles to find Rooke's, the rest of her still "Ro-oke.." she murmurs.
DM: "Hey, hey... you're all right," he says to her, gently cradling her in his arms. He shifts her fragmented armor to take a look at her wound, winces slightly in sympathy, then carefully starts picking out broken pieces of armor from her flesh. "Give yourself a moment to recover... then you can use your healing thing, can't you?"
Nanteu: (can she? xD it isn't on the CS, so are there any spells that are just common knowledge for every level? or is she screwed? xD)
DM: (All righty... your character sheet, there is something that says Character and Racial Abilities, beneath your weapons, see it?)
Nanteu: (yep - thats what i was looking at. there are no healing spells in there.)
DM: (Right, look at 'Arcane Spells/Day'
DM: )
DM: Lvl 0: 3, Lvl 1: 1
DM: Do you have the Player's Handbook with ya?
DM: If not, look here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bard_spells
DM: You can use 3 level 0 spells and 1 level one spells per day.
DM: Then you sleep/recharge, or whatever. xD
Nanteu: (I was already looking at that page too! xD)(oh okay)
DM: (Dunno why, but even with Angel having the same class and intelligence scores as you, she has one extra level 1 spell...)
DM: (I'll have to ask Kitt about that xD)
Nanteu: (He'd know xD he knows everything, but you're so good at this, too)
DM: (Thanks! xD)
Nanteu: (<3)(so, close light wounds?)
Nanteu: (lvl 1 spell)
Nanteu: cure light wounds*)
DM: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Cure_Li... Yup!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu: (+3?)
DM: (+1 per caster level... that's your 'spell level' which is different from your 'class level', so since the highest spell level you can do is 1, you add 1. Sooo... with that 6, you now have a 7. Since you were at -1 when Rooke tried to heal you but failed, you became -2, so now you are... 5 hp)
Nanteu: (.. wooo. good enough. I'll take it!)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu inhales deeply, to calm herself, and settle her thoughts, then props her elbow against the ground and opens a hand, gritting against the stabbing pains that the action created. The glow generates a warming light that floats out of her hand and towards her chest, coating the wounds over her body and kntting a small portion of her flesh back together.
DM: Rooke watches in silence as the flesh knits back together, then gently starts helping her to her feet. "All right... is that enough for one day?" he asks with a smile. "It's almost preferable being back at the boring palace than getting torn to shreds by... dinosaur thingies." He keeps his arm about her as if ready to help her walk if she needs the extra support.
DM: (So! Any questions? xD!)
DM: (I'm gonna have to go for dinner soon and probably won't be back for the rest of the evening)
Nanteu: (Um.. nope. I wrote notes! So i think I'm fine xD)(And me too. I'll probably be called to be eat soon as well. And then I was just going to write some more stuff for my old Outlands character and watch a movie :3 )
Nanteu: (you on again tomorrow, then?)
DM: (What's tomorrow?)
DM: (Oh, Thursday xD Maybe, but I dunno. Most likely!)
Nanteu: (Okay!)
DM: (NOTES! MWAHAHAHAA!)
DM: (I tend to keep a notepad next to me if I'm doing any D&D combat, by-the-way... easier to keep in perspective. xD)
DM: (Anyhooo... I better go! This was fun!)
Nanteu: (Yup. thanks for the help xD I'll see you tomorrow, then, most probably)
DM: (Most probably! Cya!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am by Kate Orchix

Session 17 (16th November 2012)

Kate: Imma post history now.
Kate: Everyone okay?
Kyle: I GOT ROUND
Kate: All right, after that...
Kyle: And I have to go to the little knights room
Kate: ONWARDS!
Kate: ONWARDS TO FUN AND GLORY!
Kate
Siara shrugs. "Fair enough. But you're young, you don't know what an unarmed man is still capable of. That being said, given the effort put into getting him here in the first place, do you have any other way of keeping him here? We know that ropes won't hold him for long." He casts a glance at Kyle. "I can break him a bit so he can't get away, then fix him up when we're done here. Deal?"
Kyle holds his hands out, and calls Rooke over- "Just put him down I got this.."
Angel suddenly looks angry at Siara. "I know fully well what good fighters can do with their fists!" she says. "Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm stupid, Siara. I would have thought your age would have maybe let you have a little mercy for people that are yet to even attack you outright!"
Rooke stands and walks over to Kyle at his bidding.
Kyle raises his voice a bit- "Calm your mind you two! I really didn't want to do this, but ehh.. Ya leave me no choice Blacksmith. I swear once we're done meeting Natty we're letting you go, till then your just going to have to deal with this." -Kyle and Rooke would then lead him into the other room and use his lock from the trapdoor to put him in one of the ainmal cages
Siara narrows his eyes. "Maybe I'm too cynical to be merciful when things like this happen." He moves his hand forward, directing the vines forward to carry the half-elf over to Kyle, then closes his hand around the light from his palm. Like a bubble on a needle, the vines disappear in a shower of green sparks, and the half-elf is deposited in front of Kyle and Angel. "At their wish, you're safe for now. If you try to escape again... Just don't try to escape, fair?"
Kyle: xD Amazing Kate.. The character I was quoting actually says that when he moves
Kate: (... truly? That was just... me?)
Shea changed name to Nanteu
Kate changed name to DM
Kyle: (Just waiting on Vex Truly Gems )
Siara: ...Oh yeah
Siara: TRULY OUTRAGEOUS
Siara: I still can't get over the fact they used that song...
DM: (What character from where?)
Siara: (Taric, LoL)
DM: (Ok. If I randomly disappear for short periods of time, that means I'm having a sick moment, ok?)
Siara: (One of his quotes is "Gems. Gems are truly outrageous. They are truly, truly, TRULY... -breathy sigh- outrageous." That's a line from the opening song of a 1980s show called Gem and the Holograms.)
Kyle: (Sorry all the inside jokes)
DM: (... like right now.)
Nanteu: (Don't tell me you and Vex are both sick.. D: )
Siara: (I was sick earlier, was puking my guts up shortly after starting to eat dinner)
DM: (-.- I am back.)
DM: (*shakes fist at Vex for CTDs*)
DM: (Right, who's posting next? Me?)
Siara: (Well, since I just finished binding the half elf, you and Kitt, probably.)
DM: (Okay, and Kyle just put him in one of the animal cages - finally someone thought of that!)
DM: (w)
Siara: (Hee, I could use torture #1 on him if he gets ballsy again)
DM
The half-elf is quiet as Kyle and Rooke shove him into one of the larger animal cages, watching as Kyle locks the cage with the lock from the trapdoor. He quietly sits, starting to gently rub his wrists and ankles. A weary sigh comes from him before he rubs at his face - he must have been awake all night loosening his bonds.
Angel, quite worried about what Siara might do to the half-elf, seems to have calmed down a little, but her hand is still warily resting on the hilt of her longsword as if she is uncertain of what to expect. She watches as Rooke walks back into the kitchen area and collects up Nanteu's rope before offering it back to her.
Nanteu coils the rope in the manner in which he had received it earlier, giving Rooke of a nod of thanks, then goes back over to the wall she had slept against, retrieving her pack and returning the rope. "That ended rather peacefully than I'd imagined," she mentions.
Siara watches him go, his arms folded and a sinister grin on his lips before he stalks quietly into room three. All is quiet for a moment before an immense flash of bright green light spills from the room, lighting up a great deal of Windwater and remaining bright for a full five seconds before fading.
DM: Rooke glances off into the third room, frowning, but guesses that Siara is just doing one of his magic thingies so doesn't worry about it too much. He huffs a soft sigh and looks at Nanteu. "Thankfully... we probably don't need any more excitement than what's most likely going to be delivered to us... this Nateshk, 'Natty' person... what do you reckon he is? I heard the part about him being somewhat elven, but that elf back in Bluetun acted as if he were something... more dangerous. Wild."
DM: (As soon as Kitt comes back, I'm bringin' the trouble in!)
Nanteu sets her pack back down, shifting her belt against her hips uncomfortably, then folds her arms, eyes to the entrance of room 3. She gazes at Rooke, looking trouled. "I really have no idea what he's gotten himself into. He could be anything."
Siara puts his right hand on the frame of the doorway for balance and creeps back into room one, holding his staff in the other hand. He looks around for a moment, then locks his gaze on Angel. "Hey, Angel?" He reaches up with his right hand rubs at his forehead like he has a headache, thinking to himself. "I, uh... Sorry."
DM: Angel watches Siara, wariness still on her face, but she softly nods. You can easily tell she's still worried about what almost happened, and will most likely ask you some more questions later, but for now she seems to be all right with you. Her eyes dart to his staff, then to Raiden, before turning on the trapdoor. "I wonder what time in the morning he will come... we should have thought about breakfast." She seems willing to put the incident aside for later.
Siara regains his balance and steps over to her, leaning in close to whisper so that only she can hear. "I'll tell you why later..." He then stands back up and taps the end of his staff against the table. "We have plenty of meat and veggies here, clearly. If we get it all together, I can make it edible."
DM: Rooke motions with a thumb over his shoulder. "We tossed the worst-smelling stuff in the cage room last night... didn't really wanna sleep with that delightful smell. If you want to make that edible, you go right ahead, but I'm not eating recycled rubbish two years old..."
Kyle: (bring the trouble)
DM: (Woo! Post one more time, then I'll bring it!)
Siara joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Nanteu looks impartial to the conversation, but she isn't particularly hungry anyway. "I agree with Rooke. Feel free to make something yourself, though, Siara."
Kyle wipes his hands off after handling the elven blacksmith, and stuffing him into the cleanest cage he could find. Then dusting off his leggings as he walks back into the main room looking toward the staircase waiting for something, before breaking off to gather his things and longbow. He didn't like fighting in cramp areas but something about the grip of his weapon of choice calm his nerves. (There short and crappy)
Siara grins playfully, all traces of the Haze gone. "Once the spell is cast, it will be as if it was freshly cut by the butcher and plucked ripe from the garden." He heads into the cage room, and waves his hand over the rotting meat and vegetables. "First the maggots... Then the decay... The natural poison... Then it's okay~♫" With each phrase, he waves his hand over the rotting food, spreading waves of magic over it. The decay and filth is lifted from the meat and vegetables and they rise off the floor to prevent further contamination, gradually filling back up with their natural juices. He points over to the cage the blacksmith is in as he passes, sending a few pieces of meat and vegetables to him. "Sorry about earlier. I do appreciate the gloves and staff." He heads into room one and points to everyone in turn, distributing the floating meat and vegetables. "Eat quick, we're expecting company~"
DM
Angel doesn't mind eating magic-infested food, but Rooke seems a bit dubious of the food he is given. Still, out of politeness he takes a few bites and is soon gulping down the rest of his meal. You can easily hear the blacksmith munching away on some celery.
As there is a moment of silence, you can hear the rain has stopped outside. Even without having to strain, you start to hear footsteps and quiet laughter. Nateshk, whoever he is, has company out there. Still, they do not seem to be too carefree even with the presence of their laughter. You clearly hear a woman's accented voice purr that the lock is missing on the trapdoor. A harsh voice joins hers. (Awareness check to hear what he says.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (PFFT)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (21?)
Siara: (Siara 20, Raiden 16)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Nanteu: (kate, do you have my sheet? the crash deleted all my favourites as well)
Kyle: (And I forgot my blanket and CS!)
DM: (I'll grab it)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante...
DM: (That's Nanteu)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... (THat's Kyle)
DM: (Blankie!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (My characters are deaf.)
Nanteu: (ty. awareness is 25 with listen..)
DM
The harsher voice is familiar to Siara and Kyle - the tones and pitch of the voice are guttural and almost growl-like. "If you will step back, I will go down and check to see if the coast is clear," the voice growls.
You all hear the woman speak again. "I will be able to find traps unlike yourself, Jock..." she purrs.
"You'll be dead before you put a foot down those stairs if you fail to find them or see in the dark..."
"I am a Drow, Jock, don't be ridiculous..."
"He's right." This third voice is strange - cultured, yet slightly rough and gravelly. "Jock, you're taking lead. Ella, back here with me."
DM: (Brb!)
DM: (Do some quick chatting and planning!)
Siara tilts his head curiously. "Now, who could that be...?"
Kyle ducks his head and moves to a knee beside the opening into the cage room notching a arrow but keeping it loose looking to Siara- "Is.. is that Hyne? Or whatever that drows name was? Angel get to the cage room incase they rush in.. Everyone hide and lets follow Siara voice on this one.. "
Kyle looks to Nanteu- "..or Nanny's.. A women may be less threatening."
Siara nods. "Could be... 'Jock' could be a nickname for that captain person, especially if it's Hyne."
Nanteu cautiously slides the rapier from her belt. She gives Kyle a sheepish, somehow offended look. "I could be threatening.. Who's Hyne,?" she quickly adds.
DM: (I'm back!)
DM: Rooke frowns, looking at Siara. "Hyna, you mean? Her!? You think she could be in on this?"
Kyle shakes his head listening- "No, no.. they just called her Ella.. Different people, Rook shut up and keep by Nannytwo would ya, and be on guard if they draw."
Nanteu "Ohhhhh," she looks to Rooke. "Hyna. The one who you saw with her.. Oh, okay."
DM: Angel obediently heads fro the cage room and takes up a position by the door, out of sight of anyone entering the kitchen. She draws her longsword and remains silent, giving the half-elf a warning stare.
DM: Rooke draws his greatsword, ready to do some damage. "Talking first, or fighting?" he quickly whispers.
Nanteu "Talk. We should try and talk first," she says, her weapon-hand lowered.
Siara shrugs, beckoning to the warhammer and causing it to slide closer to the table. He taps on Nanteu's shoulder lightly and indicates for them to stand by the table. He takes a piece of meat from the air, then makes a shooing motion at Rooke. "Talk first, fight if we have to." He starts eating, trying to give the illusion that he and Nanteu are just enjoying a quiet breakfast.
Kyle looks around for someone else input- "We can't go killing innocent people, got to make sure it's Nate.. even then remember we're here for answers on Mal, not to imprison anyone. "
Kyle rolls on his kneel with is back to door frame wall, keeping mostly in the cage room and out of sight, but ready.
Nanteu sheathes the rapier, the hops up onto the table, sitting on the edge, well-balanced, and not unprepared. She picks up an apple and bites into it, eyes casually on Siara.
DM: Rooke ducks into Room 3, hiding around the side of the wall so he can keep an ear out and be readily available for combat if the situation demands it.
DM: (Sorry, just gimme a moment... trying to find my book...)
DM: (Okay!)
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (w)
DM
The trapdoor is flung back, sunlight spilling down the stairs into the basement. Heavy footsteps creak on the stairs and before long, a massive gnoll stands at the base of the stairs, having casually walked straight through the bell trap. He glances down at the string tangled around one of his studded leather boots before shaking it off with a little jingle of Kyle's goat bell. He looks up, eyes glowing briefly as they adjust to the dark, taking in Siara and Nanteu's forms.
He stands quietly, ears flicking back to rest against his thick mane. For a gnoll, the hair about his head and neck is thicker than most and is a rich red mixed with streaks of black and muddy brown. His body's fur is arrayed in a hyena-like pattern and his snout is black, his eyes a sharp yellow. His nostrils flare as he watches the two of them, then abruptly growls out a few words.
"Yer trespassing, y'know that?"
DM: Across his back is strapped a large staff and at his side, a scimater and a sling from his belt.
Siara looks up sharply, his eyes wide with alarm as he reaches for the hammer, then relaxes and finishes chewing. "My apologies, we didn't know that this was private property." He reaches into his pack and fishes out the letter and key. "After waking up a few days ago with no memory in a forest not far from here, this envelope was among my belongings. It contains a letter thanking me for purchasing Windwater Hall and contains a key to the lock that was on the door." He tosses the letter a few inches upwards, then gives it a flick, sending it spiraling gently towards the gnoll. "See for yourself."
Nanteu waits for the gnoll's reaction, counting on Siara's tricks to do most of the work for them. She chooses not to speak for the time being, unless asked, or if there's an opening. She takes another bite of the apple, warily watching the gnoll.
Siara: (If I use Entangle now, could I manipulate the plants that are outside and create a barrier so they can't escape, or would I have to be outside with the plants?)
DM: The gnoll pinches the letter between two fingers, reading over it before tucking it into a pocket of his studded leather armor. "Strange that you should be in possession of this, elf. It belongs to another, as does that key... but without a lock, it is useless, so you might as well keep that." A growl rumbles in his throat, nostrils flaring once more. "Have you been in the room?" he darkly asks, his voice louder than usual - you suspect he is doing this so the others know that he is conversing with someone they cannot yet trust.
DM: (You would have to be outside. You might be able to block off this gnoll from the others, though.)
Kyle: (also side note sorry again but my company is here again so I may be slow at responses )
DM: (That's ok)
DM: (When do you leave for home?)
Siara tilts his head, his ears twitching. "Which one? I know that there are two rooms there and there-" He points to the doorways. "-but we only just arrived, we've been looking for this place for a while. There's plenty of meat and vegetables here though, I just finished fixing them all up." He gestures to the large collection of meat still suspended in a jade bubble behind him. "Why don't you come down and join us for breakfast? There's plenty for all of us~"
Kyle: (I'll be getting off in about.. 1 hour and half)
Kyle: (2 hours actually..)
DM
The gnoll gruffly barks a negative response. He doesn't leave his spot at the bottom of the stairs, keeping one foot on the bottom stair as his tail swishes behind him, back and forth. "And for what purpose would you have come down here? Specifically searching for it?" He leers at the two of them for a moment, then props his ears forward in interest. "If you were searching for Windwater Hall, how did you find this place? Few know it."
(I need Kyle to make a stealth check)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (Rooke failed that. xD Angel thankfully has good mods...)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (But I'm completely out of sight, no way they can see me)
Siara: (They could hear or smell you though)
DM: (mod?)
Kyle: (15)
Siara nods, picking up a carrot. "Yeah, we were looking around, passed by all the ashes earlier. We thought we sensed a secret door, but there was too much ash for us to dig away, so we spent some time asking around town, then came back after the rains to dig around a bit. And now here we are. But if I had the key, then why would you be here?"
DM: (Just passed! Rooke must be stinky)
DM
"The key was lost. We were coming back for what is ours, we would have bashed the trapdoor in if we had needed to..." The gnoll starts easing back up onto the stairs, slowly. Not out of fear, rather caution. His nostrils are flaring more and more and you realize he must have scented out one of your party members. "Testosterone... male, human..." Another flare of nostrils. "Large, presence of metal... well-protected, heavily armed." He flashes his teeth at Siara and Nanteu. "We will continue this conversation outside... with all of your group."
With that, he turns to head up the stairs.
Kyle: (So odds are that I should turn the corner now and shoot him in the back?)
DM: (Up to you!)
Siara: (Not if you really want me to lead the party, you're not.)
Kyle: (fine fine then go)
Siara: (Good boy)
Nanteu 's apple rolls out of her hand and she hangs her head. "It was worth a try. You had him fooled, Siara," she comments, slipping off the table and onto her feet as she heads for the stairs, slowly, so the others can catch up before she reaches the opening.
Nanteu: (i waited to see what you guys would say xD my finger was hovering over enter since the gnoll left)
DM: Rooke peeks around the corner of the door at Siara and Nanteu, frowning. "I smell so bad he could scent me all the way from the base of the stairs!? Why haven't you lot said anything yet?" He sheathes the greatsword, feeling that the whole vibe of diplomacy is still alive. The gnoll has reached the top of the stairs by now, out of sight.
Siara grins to himself. "What a shame, our cover's blown~" He sets down the carrot and snaps his fingers, the sound echoing through the space. "I didn't actually notice it, but I wasn't paying much attention to you. Shall we?" He hefts the warhammer and his staff and heads for the stairs.
DM: (Kyle, you heading up?)
Kyle: (not sure)
DM: (Uhm. Hesitating, then?)
Kyle waves everyone off- "I'll stay down here for Angel.. If they start trouble though we'll be up in a heart beat ready to rumble.."
DM: "He didn't mention them," Rooke notes. "Maybe he doesn't know they're here... all right!"
Siara licks his lips in anticipation. "I'll send a flare down if we need help, sound good?" He nods to Nanteu, then starts climbing the stairs. At the top, he looks around for the new arrivals.
DM: Angel gently catches Kyle's arm and pulls him out of the room and towards the base of the stairs, softly whispering to him. "I want to get a look at this fellow! Do you have a mirror?"
Kyle shakes his head with a confused look- "No not on me, trust me you'll get a look at him later I'm for sure. But for now just calm down and let's sit this par tout... We can't be too careful after last.."
Kyle "And why do you want a look at this guy?"
Nanteu reaches the first step, squinting at the sudden burst of sunlight as she moves out onto the ashes of the old upper hall.
DM: "I'm allowed to look at guys!" Angel playfully responds. Her expression turning serious, she smiles softly. "Because I've never seen him before and I'd like to know his face if we run into him again... plus, you need to see his face, right?" (W)
DM
Siara and Nanteu, as you climb up the stairs and take a few brushing steps through the ashes, you find yourself being aimed at by an attractive, slim drow with a hand crossbow. Her white eyes follow the pair of you, flickering to Rooke as he comes up behind Nanteu and Siara, but keeps a straight face and just keeps aiming. She wears leather armor and you can see a rapier and dagger at her belt. A soft green cloak robes her shoulders.
The gnoll is standing off to the side of the trapdoor, no weapons drawn but his fists coiled tightly.
A tall man stands a little behind the drow woman, his muscular frame draped in a dark brown cloak. He lets his hood fall back with a flick of his head to reveal his face. Certainly, he has elven features, but there is something uncanny about him... his skin is hued a light green. His ears are pointed, his hair black, and his eyes buried by deep brows. His jaw is strong, unlike a typical elf's, and he stands at least seven feet tall. Across his shoulders is a huge orc-double-axe, at his waist several throwing axes, and is clad in studded leather armor like the gnoll, but a dark green color. Considering his size, he appears quite majestic with his strange elven-esque grace.
"Tarn told me about you lot," he says bluntly. "The boy will do anything for a cream donut... young dragons are so easily swayed." He smirks over Nanteu, Siara, and Rooke before tilting his head back slightly, his dark gaze examining them. "You're poking into business you should keep your noses out of, if you ask me. It would be best if you left this place now."
DM: ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... This is NATESHK)
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
DM: (New knowledge unlocked! Tarn loves cream donuts! And yes, there are donuts here!)
Kyle: (Sorry guys Round I got some people coming in and out so that's why I'm not eresponsing much sorry)
Siara: (Is the bow metallic?)
DM: (Wooden)
Siara: (Even better xT)
DM: (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/2... Kitt! Be happy!)
Siara: (xD*)
Kyle rolls his eyes moving up with the rest of the group bow still notched and hanging in the back but infront of Angel. Keeping a opening for the first sucker punch as he comes out- "Joy, this place jsut became a party. And to think I though we may been in some real trouble.."
DM: Angel moves with Kyle, her longsword in hand. She eyes the drow for a moment, concerned at the immediate presence of weapons. Obviously Nateshk is not afraid to bring this to violence if they will not leave as he suggests.
Siara spots the archer aiming for them and rolls his eyes with an exasperated sigh, letting the hammer drop with a heavy thud beside him. "Oh for Ehlo's sake, put that away. What do you honestly think we're going to do? We came here because we're all had our memories wiped by a magic spell." He hears rustling behind him and sets the hammer on its head so it can stand along. He takes a few steps backwards to flick Kyle's forehead for having his bow drawn, and Angel for having her weapon out, then steps back to the front of the line. "After checking around, we found out that this place belonged to Nateshk, and that he was responsible for the spell. What is it, and why did you do it?" He keeps his staff handy, ready to release a spell if need be.
Kyle: (Weren't we told not to kill Nate?)
DM: (Yup! By Deacon. Writing.)
Kyle: (WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!)
Siara: (Well, I could temporarily disable the archer with Warp Wood... )
DM
The tall man eyes Siara for a moment, then hooks his thumbs into his belt. "I am Nateshk... and I did not do this spell. I am not... talented in such a way. Nor would I choose to do this all for such a strange goal..." He sighs, tilting his head back again, clicking his shoulders before stepping towards Siara. He towers over him as he stands close. His voice is quiet, yet dangerous as he murmurs softly. "I can plainly see you and your companions are armed, and the young hume intends to do my own companions some damage, but I can tell you right now that so long as you remain out of our way, we intend you no ill will."
He inhales, then steps back from Siara, giving him his space back. "I can tell you will not leave without answers, so I will give you some. Then you must leave, or trouble will happen." He glances towards the gnoll, nodding at the stairs. Angel blinks as the gnoll moves for the stairs and she blocks his way. Almost politely, he picks her up by the shoulders and sets her aside before heading down the stairs. Angel blinks, then looks uncertainly at Kyle before watching the stairs to make sure that the gnoll won't attempt to attack from behind.
"The spell was created by the Old King's advisor, a shapeshifter known simply as Rafael... or 'The Immortal'. Or perhaps it was not created by him, but whatever it's origin, he was the only known individual to still possess its knowledge. Seventeen years ago, he and a young unnamed woman found a dragon egg and brought up Tarn - whom you already met on the rune. He taught Tarn many of his magical secrets and spells, but Tarn is... still young. He does not fully understand or remember most things he is taught, as dragons are easily distracted at his age. He taught my older brother, Malakhi, the spell, but he taught it incorrectly, it would seem."
He folds his arms across his chest. "When I was told about this spell, I researched it all I could and tried to find out what might go wrong if used incorrectly. I found out one of the results... and it seems that the lot of you were a result of this... mishap. I met a man named Deacon, a powerful man from another dimension. He was brought here a few years ago by the same spell when Tarn first attempted to use it without his master's assistance."
"This spell again went wrong. It is... an unusual spell, highly unstable, very dangerous when in the wrong hands." A glint in his dark eyes sparkles and he smiles. "I believe that... Siara, Kyle, Nanteu, and Rooke... that you are all in a very unfamiliar place. Perhaps because this plane is not your own. Elmrock is a nation. You have never heard of it before, have you? Nor of Yerthae... this very planet you walk on."
He lets his arms drop to his sides. "To be very blunt... magic spell goes slightly awry, magic sucks certain individuals from certain places in different dimensions or planes into our world, bam, you're here now, can't get home? Sucks to be you."
Kyle: (I can't remember what were the walls made from in the basement?)
DM: (Wood.)
DM: (Wait, no)
DM: (Stone. Sorry)
Kyle: (Thanks for ruining that)
DM: (xD! It was stone beforehand!)
Kyle: (..right, and I'm guessing I have no oil lamps on me?)
DM: (I'll check your inventory... what do you think of what Nateshk has said?)
DM: (KYLE Flint & Steel , 50ft of Rope, two bear traps, two light cross bows, 1 ration left , 2 bells, longbow, 15 arrows, 20 bolts, bedrolls, bear's hide, belt pouch, 3 grappling hooks, chain shirt, handaxe, dagger, whetstone, water skin, 30 y/o wine bottle, long sword, blue cloak, Windwater Lock )
Nanteu: (he's tripping me out)
Kyle: (I think I want to put a knife into his face)
DM: (xD Tripping you out?)
Nanteu: (we're not where we're meant to beeeee)
DM: (Weee!)
Nanteu: (and how does he know our names Dx )
Siara listens to the words being spoken carefully. At the mention of another planet, his eyes widen and his pupils dilate in delayed shock. He drops the staff, stunned. "Wh... What...?"
DM: (He's in contact with Tarn somehow, or he has access to some sort of teleportation spell from someone else)
Kyle starts counting under his breath- "Maybe.. one, two.. four atleast for the big one... Hmm.." -He says stepping around to the basement door, looking back to the rest of the group waiting for something- "So what's the huge rust about scaring us all away? Those runes must mean alot more then your letting on.. Thought I do wonder how a 'monster' like yourself be in Deacons blessings. A shame.." (Is she still aimming that bow at me?)
Kyle: (And I what should we do? I'm unsure if we should fight this man or capture him, what do you all think?)
Kyle: (rush*)
Siara: (If you try to make the first move, the archer will respond. Siara will snap back to reality, but since he's no longer holding the staff, he'll sink into instant Haze, and it will be time for a battle)
Kyle: (But like do we have hard reason to capture this man, bring him back to the queen and get all the info on his brother, someone ask where Mal is)
Kyle: (Also I have to shave brb)
DM: (Her aim has faltered since Natty started explaining things. It's not threatening anymore, rather a precaution. Her gaze is on Kyle and Angel since they have their weapons drawn.)
Nanteu breath catches in her throat, and she looks horrified. As she tries to process what has been heard, all she can come up with is 'Sucks to be you?', still staring incredulously at Nateshk.
Nanteu: (oh yes! and.. Nanteu told Tarn their names..)
DM: ( Exactly.)
Siara looks down at the ground, confused, before looking back up, his eyes still wide but no longer panicked. "Where... Where is he. Where is Malakhi."
Kyle: (signalling Rooke to get close to the door with my hands behind my back? )
Nanteu: (I think we should.. run.. )
Siara: (Haze taking slight effect...)
Nanteu swallows, eyes flickering to Siara. With uncertainty creeping in, her confidence has been damaged, and she's no longer sure if she wants to fight or not. "Caution, Siara," she warns.
DM
Rooke is just staring at Nateshk, still trying to process all the information as he stands there in silence. Angel has turned, no longer watching the trapdoor for the gnoll as she stares at Nateshk also, her eyes wide in surprise and thought, fingers still gripping the hilt of her longsword.
Nateshk ignores the others, his gaze turning to Kyle and a slight smile playing over his lips. "You met Deacon... which means you went to Bluetun." He chuckles. "Lovely place... sad scenery, but most... interesting people." He tucks his hands behind his back, the smile still over his features. "And Deacon's 'blessings' now, is it? Do you even know what a monster he is himself?" He tilts his head just slightly to the side. "I suppose I might be 'blessed' with such a creature's friendship, yes..."
Abruptly, he glances back over the others before finishing off his response to Kyle. "As for the rune, it is nothing but a communication rune. We are done with it now - we have far superior ways of keeping in contact with our members now."
His eyes turn on Siara. "And where is Malakhi? Why would I tell you?" A smirk plays across his lips. "This is the part where you leave, or trouble happens. Make your decisions."
DM: (Try a roll, Kyle. I'll do a roll, and if my roll is higher than yours or matches, we'll say Rooke sees you. He's kinda distracted with his thoughts at the moment.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (Too distracted. )
Siara: (Should I engage or no? I'm ready to start a fight if we're in agreement)
Nanteu: (go ahead. nan personally doesn't want to, so if Siara initiates a fight and the others get badly hurt, she's going to blame him)
Siara: (Kyle? I know you were itching for a fight, what do you think?)
DM: (Rooke's pretty stunned, but he'll fight easily. Angel is now very confused, but she'll also fight with them.)
Kyle shakes his head turning away and sighing heavily as he looks down the stair case staring off into nothing- "And you seem smarter then start a five v two.. guess your not that good with numbers huh?" -he says slamming the basement door, and moving to stand on it then turning on his kneel ready to take aim.
Kyle: (Fine lets fight)
Kyle: (If I randomly poof it's cause my boss showed up)
DM
"Have it your way," the drow softly says, her hand-crossbow back up and aiming at Kyle.
Nateshk reaches over his shoulder and brings down the double-orc-axe with a smile. "Maybe I don't care for numbers at all."
DM: (Initative roll! Don't add bonuses. Raw rolls.)
Siara: (I'm still W D:
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: (We won't start without you! Just rolling)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: (Muahahah)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (Nateshk goes first, wee!)
DM: (Rooke and Angel are laaaast)
Kyle: (What how with those rolls?)
DM: (I did Rooke, then Angel, then Ella, then Natty, then Jock)
Kyle: (>,,> )
Siara tilts his head to the other side, farther than normal, insanity crossing his lips as his gem flashes. "Let me put it another way..." He slaps his tail against the ground sharply, a wave of green light flashing forward. As it passes under the opposing party, vines and roots burst from the ground, snaring their legs and creeping up around their arms and torsos. "Tell me where he is... Or I kill all three of you~♥"
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (Wee xD)
DM: (Nanteu?)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (Siara, Rooke, and Angel will still be last, but they'll have to have tie-breakers, heehee...)
DM: (Roll Siara)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Rooke was the 2, Angel the 18)
Siara: (PFFT)
DM: (Rooke last, okay! 20 now? Rip-off!)
Siara: (Oh, Kitt. Does the recapture process of Entanglement use my turn? It says the plants will attempt to recapture anyone who avoids it or gets away, implying that I don't have to actually control them once I animate them and I'm free to move and act alone. Does that sound right?)
DM: (I'm gonna roll Reflex to see if Ella and Nateshk avoided the Entangelment)
Kyle: (Ya that's right, enemies starting in them automaticly have to test to escape them each round)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (19 Reflex for Ella, 25 reflex for Nateshk)
Siara: (I'm not sure how to calculate a DC 20 check, unless you just have to roll a 20 to get out)
DM: (DC 20 is over 20)
DM: (Ella didn't succeed)
DM: (Nateshk did)
Siara: (He can break free, but now the ground is really lush and can only move at half speed. What of the gnoll?)
DM: (What's your AC, Siara? Normal and flat?)
Siara: (15 and 12, in that order)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Oo-hoo!)
Siara: (Oh dear.)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM: (9 damage to Siara!)
DM
Nateshk swats away the plants and undergrowth with his arms, seemingly with apparent ease. He ducks a root that swings at him and stomps on it, letting it writhe on the ground. Ella, trapped in the foliage, still has a firm hold on her hand crossbow, but is flailing about with the vines, trying to get them off her. The gnoll is underground, having gone down to the basement to do something while Nateshk was chattering away. Kyle closed the trapdoor so he wouldn't be able to get out... but there is no lock, so the gnoll will break out easily.
"Trippy, elf." Nateshk reaches to his belt, bringing out one of the throwing axes. With an artful and vicious flick of his wrist, the axe flings across the distance between him and Siara before thocking firmly into Siara's chest.
DM: (Nanteu's turn next! Don't forget to roleplay it out!)
DM: (Nateshk, Nanteu, Kyle, Ella, Jock - when he returns, Siara, Angel, Rooke)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM: (Check first, what's your total attack, and on whom?)
Kyle: (He won't break up, I'm ontop of it, if it breaks, I'll fall ontop of him!)
Siara grunts, taking a step backwards from the impact. He looks down at his chest curiously and grips the axe pulling it out with a deep sigh. "Ahhh... I'll have fun with you..."
Nanteu: (rapier on Nateshk. total attack? :\ )
DM: (Add your attack bonus)
DM: (Still got your notes?)
DM: (If not... (Attack roll is this: 1d20+5)(Damage roll for rapier is this: 1d6+3)
Nanteu: (oh right, total 20 on attack, total 5 on damage)
DM: (So, the attack roll was a total of 20... you hit. Add your damage, that's 5 damage to Nateshk)
DM: (Yup!)
DM: (Fall on top of the gnoll... heh heh heh!)
Kyle: You ever feel how heavy a celler door is built into the ground? It's heavy, and I have gravity on my side!))
DM: ((Mm-hm... *smirk*)
Kyle: (Is it my turn? And I lost my CS again I crashed)
Siara: (Yup)
DM: (No. Nateshk, Nanteu, Kyle, Ella, Jock, Siara, Angel, Rooke)
Nanteu grimaces as she sees the throwing axe thud into Siara's chest, and she springs into action, taking four wide, drawn out lunges towards Nateshk. Launching herself the rest of the way, she flicks the rapier out of it's holster as her feet leave the ground. With a turn of her wrist she latches onto the hilt of the rapier, the tip of the blade pointing down. As she comes back down to earth, she brings the edge of the blade down across Nateshk's side.
DM: (Let Nanteu finish writing out)
DM: (... there!)
Nanteu: (down* forget across)
Siara: (Ohhh)
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
Kyle focuses on the largest threat at the moment drawing his bead at the center point of his bare chest, and let's out a a pair of arrows rapidly- "Rook tackle him, and get that Ax away from him!"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (20, 23)
DM: (Hit, hit!)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (12 damage)
DM: (Very nice)
DM: (Ella gets a -2 to hit seeing as she is entangled still.)
Kyle: (Ehh should been alot more, damn shitty roller)
DM: Ella squints one eye closed as she aims in on Angel but Nateshk barks at her abruptly in a foreign tongue. She quickly switches her target, firing at Kyle.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (19)
DM rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (that hits somehow)
DM: (Take 4 damage)
DM: (What's your total hp?)
Siara: (11/20)
Kyle: (Base is 27 )
Kyle: (23)
DM: (Jock's turn!)
Siara: (If he gets out, he'll have to make a save against Entanglement too)
DM: Kyle, as you stand on the trapdoor, you start to see strange coils of mist seep from the cracks of the trapdoor, upwards... it has no effect on your breathing, your sense of smell, and it has no sound... but quite suddenly, you realize that the gnoll below is no tank. The black mist reaches up, enveloping you and stretching outwards in a 20 ft. radius.
DM: (He cast Darkness)
Siara: (What level is it?)
Kyle: (Sweet I am safe from ranged attacks)
DM: (You also can't make them)
DM: (Uhhmmm... 2nd)
DM: (If you cast something to clear it up, you loose your attack)
Siara: (I know, I'm just seeing what I can do))
DM: (Siara, Angel, Rooke)
Siara: (Another check against Entangle for Nateshk)
Siara: (I can roll it, or you can xD)
DM: (Strength check... you roll)
Siara: (It's not my strength though o.O)
Kyle angles his left arms so the buckler is protecting most his face seeing the new threat take aim and fire a small bolt back at him, glancing off and deflecting up toward his face
Kyle: (Replacement is here, ttyl everyone tomorrow should be funnier)
Kyle: (bye guys sorry)
DM: (Aw, bye Kitt!)
Siara: (Naito)
DM: (We'll finish this round of the fight)
Nanteu: (Baai)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (The way I was reading it, as long as the spell is active, anyone targeted by it has to make either a reflex save to avoid being snared, or a strength or Escape Artist check to get out of the snare)
DM: (Aw, only 10)
DM: (That's if a Strength...)
DM: (Still, even with his awesome reflex he wouldn't escape that one)
Siara grins as he senses the vines curl and coil around Nateshk's body. "Well well... Looks like I caught something..."
Siara: (We could leave it there for now, or I could try to drop a big ball of fire on his face)
DM: (Isn't Entangle considered the attack itself?)
DM: (Also... Entangle lasts 1 min./level. There are apparently 5 minutes within one round...)
Siara: (O_o)
Siara: (I was going by rounds instead of minutes when it came to combat, but okay)
DM: (Ya, this one's done by minutes... I'm looking for the loopholes and I finally found one! I was trying to figure out why such a powerful spell would be so low-level!)
Siara: (Aha.)
DM: (So, should we let this one slide sine we were still finding out about it? Make it apply next round?)
Siara: (Sure. He's in range, I can set him up for everyone else and get closer to the cellar to dodge a few hits.)
Siara: (Aww, that darkness is 2nd level?)
DM: Nateshk, stabbed in the side by Nanteu's rapier, shot twice in the chest by Kyle, and now entangled by Siara, doesn't seem too bothered despite two arrows sticking out of his chest and blood trickling from his side. While in Entangle, he takes the opportunity to lurch forward and catch one of the arrows in his teeth, yanking it out with a horrible ripping sound. He doesn't seem to care or notice.
DM: (Yup! And nobody can see in or out of it, only Jock.)
DM: (So, being near the cellar is just blinding yourself)
DM: Angel moves towards the drow held in the throes of the Entanglement, her longsword reaching up to stab into the drow woman's belly...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Hit)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (4... *grumbles*)
Siara: (Do we have percent dice somewhere?)
DM: (/rolldie 100)
Siara: (With a 20% miss chance, I have to get 2-80?)
DM: (You have to get 80% or over)
Siara: (...that sounds backwards)
Siara: (There should only be 20 numbers that I can't land on)
DM: (... what are you rolling for?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara: (Hitting with Rolling Flame under concealment)
Siara: (Unless I just roll normally and take a basic penalty)
DM: (What's the 20% miss for anyhow? Armor?)
Siara: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD: Darkness )
Nanteu: (*stretches*)
Siara: (loldebatesaboutrules)
DM: (Gah, we've reached that overly complicated section... tell me, what exactly are you trying to do? Forget the numbers! Just tell me the gist. xD!)
Siara: (Drop a big spongey sphere of fire on his head)
Siara: (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Flaming... )
DM: (And what's this thing about concealment?)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am by Kate Orchix

Siara: (You can't just be spewing darkness for no reason... Darkness provides a miss chance to anyone aiming in or out of it.)
DM: (... how close is Siara to the darkness?)
DM: (Or the trapdoor, rather)
DM: (I thought he would have been outside of the range, same with Nanteu)
DM: (Angel would have broken out to make that attack on Ella)
Nanteu: (i thought so too)
DM: (Rooke's going to break out to make an attack on Nateshk when he gets the chance)
Siara: (Ten feet or so, to confront Nateshk and friends)
DM: (All right... hm. xD I didn't realize you were in the Darkness. I thought I was only putting Kyle in it... gah, complications! *thinks* xD)
Siara: (Well we could pretend I'm not, but that I dodge into it to avoid any more hits)
DM: (... what was doing Entanglement on Nateshk as? A move action or attack action?)
DM: (Also... plants are really flammable. You're within the 40 ft. radius that entanglement produces - everyone is.)
Siara: (Once the spell is active, it works by itself, targeting and acting on its own. I don't have any control over it, except to maybe dispel it, or if I make it from my own magic and it's anchored to me.)
DM: ( The sphere moves as long as you actively direct it (a move action for you); otherwise, it merely stays at rest and burns. )
DM: (All right... hm)
DM: (Still, think about plants being flammable!!!)
DM: (You put that sphere out there, we could all turn into crispy elven fries...)
Siara: (Only dead ones. Living ones are too full of water to burn properly. The might hiss and sing a bit, but they wouldn't just combust.)
DM: (ERMAHGOSHTOOMUCHTALKMOREPLAY! xD!!!)
DM: (Living plants still burn pretty well, especially with a concentrated source of fire...)
Siara: (I'll use it as a small burst attack that lasts for a second or two to deal damage and then goes out, how's that?)
DM: (All right! DO IT!)
DM: (XD!)
Siara holds out a palm, sensing for Nateshk's presence through the vines. "There you are... Let's heat things up..." A small spark flashes in front of his palm, and then a massive ball of fire roars into existence in front of him. "Burn baby, burn for me...♥️"
Siara: (Can he still make a reflex save while trapped?)
DM: (Yup!)
Siara: (Make one xD)
Siara: (I'm not sure what we're aiming for though)
DM: (Roll your damage 2d6)
DM: (If I can roll higher than that, it negates that damage)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (You better hope I roll a 1...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (Nup, sorry. He passes)
Siara: (Aw shit! xD)
Siara: (Just barely)
DM: (He's just so flexible! xD)
DM: (... *coughs* more than just barely)
Siara: (By what, one point?)
DM: (With his mod, by Cool
Siara: (Fair enough)
Siara: (So end here, or around once more?)
DM: Despite being tangled up, Nateshk manages to bend himself backwards, breaking several thin vines to do so as the sphere rolls straight over him, burning the remaining arrow in his chest to a crisp before the sphere rolls off and dies. Nateshk straightens up, struggling against the roots and vines before laughing at Siara. "Disappointing, elf! I've landed an axe in your chest and so far all you've managed to do is tie me up in your flowers!"
DM: (Rooke's turn, then I think we should finish up. )
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: Rooke blunders out of the Darkness and heads straight for Nateshk, sheathing his blade as he reaches for Nateshk's double-axe - doing as Kyle suggested. Nateshk, however, has a firm hold and the two of them wrestle over it, even with Nateshk tangled. Rooke almost has the axe before Nateshk viciously thwacks his forehead into Rooke's face. Rooke's nostrils explode with blood and he takes a step back, no longer attempting to grapple the axe from Nateshk as he holds his face, blood pouring from it.
DM: (Right! xD)
DM: (So uhm... what do you guys think of Nateshk? brb, just getting some water...)
Siara: (He's a dick. I like him.)
DM: (xD!)
DM: (I think Shea's fallen asleep...)
DM: (What do you think of what he told you guys?)
Siara puts on a grass skirt and does the Plot Twist
DM is a little disturbed by the grass skirt. Stares.
DM changed name to Kate
Kate: SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kate: Did you like the twist, Belmel?
Siara: It was indeed a twist I didn't see coming.
Siara: Explains
Siara: so
Siara: much
Siara: Mostly what Deacon was talking about
Kate: XD! Good! It took a lotta willpower to keep quiet about it!
Siara: But now that begs the question...
Siara: Yeah, how long were you waiting to spring that on us?
Kate: This has been there since the first session.
Kate: So... since 13th October
Siara: So a good long time then.
Kate: xD!
Siara: And now, what about Maelari and Roland? Are they gonna find out in a similar fashion?
Kate: What question is begging?
Siara: None, just the question of how long you were planning this, or if it was spontaneous
Kate: Hm, maybe. Or maybe in a more direct route such as looking at a map of the world and discovering it simply doesn't match.
Siara: That sounds fair
Kate: The idea was... Kitt's sorta already created a fair bit of the world that we started in and I don't want to touch it, that way he can use it for whatever he likes. Gives me a bit more freedom this way to make the world as I like, put things in places, change rules, etc., etc.
Kate: For example... clerics are different because their domains are a bit more muddled because... the gods in this world are different.
Kate: SO uhm... where do you reckon Siara would be heading next after this with all this new info?
Nanteu: (yeah, fell asleep.. xD i better just go~ night guys)
Kate: (Heh, Night Shea!)
Kate: (See you tomorrow?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, probably)
Nanteu: (Bais)
Nanteu left the chat
Kate: (All righty! Have a good sleep)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm by Kate Orchix

Summary!

Spoiler:


Facebook Chat:

Kyle (Kitt's human fighter dude) and Siara (Vex's lunar elf druid dude) woke up in the forest and in a hut in the forest. Neither remembered the past two months, and all their gold was gone. As they made their way about the forest, meeting new people and stuff, they found out they weren't the only ones with both problems. They met Rooke, a human fighter, and Hyna, a drow monk near a river, made friends (kinda - Hyna was the victim of many flirtatious remarks and was not impressed).

They all travelled to this city called Elmrock Keep (they got the directions to the place from a dwarf they all appear to think is crazy - back in the hut where Siara woke) and Kyle managed to masquerade as one of the royal elite guards and take Hyna in pretending she was his fiancee. They go in, meet the Queen, she exposes them for who they really are (not elite royal guards), asks them to do a job, her Royal captain gets all moody and wants to prove Kyle's mettle, so they fight it out. Just at this moment, a chick named Tindomerel (but nicknamed later by Kyle as 'Angel') leads in Siara and Rooke, having figured out they wanted to enter the city. The captain (half-orc fighter Ozrael) knocks Kyle out but is still pleased with his performance and Kyle and Siara go upstairs with Angel when she shows them their rooms. Rooke and Hyna stayed to ask NPC questions...

Angel sticks around to give Kyle a health potion, Siara and Rooke come in and listen in as Angel tells them about who MIGHT have caused the massive amnesia and the loss of gold, promptly giving them a mission to go speak to someone who might have known the bad guy, a black smith living nearby. So, everyone trundles off to see him (Angel with them because she doesn't wanna stay home - she's actually the queen's daughter. Everyone knows that now except for Nanteu maybe). They find the blacksmith, he needs help getting gold, they go off down a mine to get some, kill some gnolls and pick up some neat loot... come back out, and find a bear standing over an elf chick. Rooke single-handedly kills the bear with one strike (I don't even know how he did it, but the numbers were correct) and... they meet Nanteu.

Then they all went back to the blacksmith, gave him his gold, asked for his help, he pointed the way to Malakhi's old house (Malakhi is the main villain, Nateshk is his brother, the blacksmith is just a random blacksmith who never even got asked his name!) and they all wander off to this burned-down mansion.

They find an undamaged trapdoor and enter into a basement finding a room full of empty cages with bones, a burned book with partially readable pages, and the vial of goo. Next room, they find a large rune, and the next room, Kyle finds a large box but never gets to see what was inside it as Nanteu goes and steps on the rune, making it come to life. Mist starts swirling everywhere and everyone believes they've woken a devil or something so promptly flee outta there. Angel, being a tiefling and knowing devils and demons and rubbish, has a panic attack and Kyle basically hauls her outta there, but makes out he's a hero despite running away like a coward. xD

So, they wander back to the blacksmith, Nanteu accuses him of keeping secrets from them, the blacksmith (a half elf) accuses her of being racist to him because he's only a half-breed and promptly tells them to shove off. They all go back to the palace and get some sleep and stuff.

Next morning, Kyle happens to eavesdrop on Ozrael (captain) with someone in his room. He believes it's Angel for some reason and packs a sad. Angel turns up and later tells him that it was actually Ozrael and Hyna... anyhow, they all go down to look at the goo in the basement because it's nice and cold down there.

And somewhere in the middle of that, Siara stayed back at the house to use the ash for some druidic magicy stuff. He had also sneakily taken one of the gnolls' tails and returned in the morning sporting the tail. *nods*


Day One: Kyle Green wakes in the very early morning of 21st Spritelight, in a forest next to a dead Orc who must have been fighting for him before being killed by something that really bloodied him. Kyle finds two gold coins on the orc and places them over the orc's eyes before venturing off. He can hear moans in the trees around him, but they fade away. He has no memory of the past while, no memory of the forest, and no money.

Before long, he finds a hut with a dead chicken on the door mat and enters to find a dwarf (Hrognar) that has chopped off his arm - the discarded arm has nasty bite marks on it. Kyle finds a lunar elf (Siara) stuck behind a table in the hut, unconscious, and Hrognar tells him that he came in asking for directions before they were attacked. Siara wakes and he and Kyle initially hold a bit of distrust for one another due to the loss of their memories, but soon get over it. They start trying to figure out what happened to the hut and dwarf.

"If you wanna know what happened, jest take a glance out on the doormat. Surely you saw it when you came in! The dead creature... came in the open door be'ind th'elf, smacked 'im over the table, came and took a bite outta me, but Ah killed it. Go on, take a gander out that door!"

"You mean the chicken?"

"What chicken? There aren't no bloody chickens 'round here! Ate me last one two weeks ago! Nay, the big beast... you didn't see it? You lost your mind with your memory boy? It looked nothing like a chicken! Ah've been around two hundred-and-seventy-eight winters, boy! Y'think I don't know the difference between a chicken and a monster!? Chickens do not toss elves over tables, y'dimwit!""


After much debating, they leave it as the dwarf being crazy seeing as there is no beast outside - only the dead chicken that appears to have been killed by what looks to be a dog bite. Hrognar, this whole time, has been holding the skull of a dog or wolf. Raiden, Siara's dog, comes from the forest and the three of them set off, leaving Hrognar behind in his hut after he gives them directions to a city.

The three of them come across a river to find a human (Rooke) and a drow (Hyna Liadon) having something of an argument, her throwing rocks at him from a bush. Hyna and Rooke claim that they woke up together in Rooke's tent, Rooke mistook the situation to have meant he and Hyna were already in some sort of relationship that he just didn't remember, started undressing Hyna, and she fled from the tent. After a little hub-bub, they all decide to join up and go to the city together.

On the shore of the river, you see a large, shadowy creature. It seems to be the shape of a wolf, but the legs are... strange, closer to the ground. It hisses loudly at the group as it slowly nears. It must be at least six feet in length, not including it's grey tail. It's face is hidious, like a goblin's face, but... repeatedly stomped on. It's teeth glint in the light of Kyle's lantern. As it nears, you can see it has large, callous hands in place of paws on all four feet. As it nears, it moans with the hisses.

They all take the time to kill a hideous creature that comes across their path... and then it turns into a chicken once it's dead. "I got this bad feeling we're in some wizard's closet, or personal island.. I hope I'm wrong.. I hate magic.. ehh." Rooke jokes to Kyle that he bets him 50 gold that Siara will 'get' Hyna before Kyle does. Hyna finds a note in her shirt pocket, a welcome to her 'new home' of Windwater Hall. At the time, nobody knows where this is, so they move onwards.

They cross the river and make camp near a road. Rooke empties out a box in his pack to rid if of rotten food, and a key drops out. Siara is placed in charge of the note and key. Hyna attempts to 'test' Kyle for some reason or another, attempting to have a fistfight with him, but he manages to deflect most of her attacks and even pin her down. He kisses her on the cheek and tells Rooke that he owes him that 50 gold. Having no gold, Rooke says he'll pay him back later. After that, everyone goes to bed.


Day Two: Kyle wakes up to find a moose standing over him and licking inside his mouth. Kyle yells in surprise and everyone else shoots awake, the moose being scared into running into the river. Kyle shoots the moose dead and Rooke prepares it's meat for breakfast. While they are still eating, a half-elf (Abron) riding a bay horse appears, decked out in silver chainmail and a rich blue cloak while reading a book. He tells them they can't leave the moose carcass by the road since it's illegal.

Abron tells them that he woke with a letter that said he had joined the Elmrock Royal Guard Force and doesn't remember it. He had been looking for the date to find out how long he had been working for them. Since he was on his way to Elmrock to 'go to work', he offers to take the group with him. He's a chatterbox and doesn't stop talking the entire way.



Day Three:

Day Four:

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 18 (17th November 2012)

Kate: So, what's going on? xD
Oaky Sir oak: I am finishing my coffee in hopes it will perk my spirits then doing a round, and dropping the kids off at the pool. Then I will be ready
Kate: Kids off at the pool?
Kate: ... is that a weird way of saying you need to go toilet?
Oaky Sir oak: No, because that is not a weird way to say anything.
Kate: That would be incredibly creepy, I think... what's it mean? xD
Oaky Sir oak: ROUND!
Kate: ok
Kate: HISTORY DUMP!
Kate
Ella squints one eye closed as she aims in on Angel but Nateshk barks at her abruptly in a foreign tongue. She quickly switches her target, firing at Kyle. (Take 4 damage) Kyle, as you stand on the trapdoor, you start to see strange coils of mist seep from the cracks of the trapdoor, upwards... it has no effect on your breathing, your sense of smell, and it has no sound... but quite suddenly, you realize that the gnoll below is no tank. The black mist reaches up, enveloping you and stretching outwards in a 20 ft. radius. Kyle angles his left arms so the buckler is protecting most his face seeing the new threat take aim and fire a small bolt back at him, glancing off and deflecting up toward his face
Nateshk, stabbed in the side by Nanteu's rapier, shot twice in the chest by Kyle, and now entangled by Siara, doesn't seem too bothered despite two arrows sticking out of his chest and blood trickling from his side. While in Entangle, he takes the opportunity to lurch forward and catch one of the arrows in his teeth, yanking it out with a horrible ripping sound. He doesn't seem to care or notice.
Angel moves towards the drow held in the throes of the Entanglement, her longsword reaching up to stab into the drow woman's belly...
Siara holds out a palm, sensing for Nateshk's presence through the vines. "There you are... Let's heat things up..." A small spark flashes in front of his palm, and then a massive ball of fire roars into existence in front of him. "Burn baby, burn for me...♥"
Despite being tangled up, Nateshk manages to bend himself backwards, breaking several thin vines to do so as the sphere rolls straight over him, burning the remaining arrow in his chest to a crisp before the sphere rolls off and dies. Nateshk straightens up, struggling against the roots and vines before laughing at Siara. "Disappointing, elf! I've landed an axe in your chest and so far all you've managed to do is tie me up in your flowers!"
Rooke blunders out of the Darkness and heads straight for Nateshk, sheathing his blade as he reaches for Nateshk's double-axe - doing as Kyle suggested. Nateshk, however, has a firm hold and the two of them wrestle over it, even with Nateshk tangled. Rooke almost has the axe before Nateshk viciously thwacks his forehead into Rooke's face. Rooke's nostrils explode with blood and he takes a step back, no longer attempting to grapple the axe from Nateshk as he holds his face, blood pouring from it. (Nateshk, Nanteu, Kyle, Ella, Jock, Siara, Angel, Rooke, Raiden)
Oaky Sir oak: Oaky Sir oak will be back shortly, please leave all acorns at the base of the trunk, thank you
Kate: Yus sir
Siara: He wants the nuts.
Raiden joined the chat 25 seconds ago
Kate pats Raiden on the head.
Kate changed name to DM
Raiden rawrs



BLAH BLAH BLAH


Kate: (Siara, it's Raiden's turn)
Siara: (Right, ssorry)
Raiden joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Siara grins. "Perhaps..." He snaps his fingers, then points at Nateshk.
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Raiden: (No hit, I know that much)
Kate: (Yup)
Kate: (Desribe what you were trying to do anyways)
Raiden: (Was gonna try to chew on his neck like before)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Raiden attempts to jump on Nateshk. Falling short, he jumps backwards towards Siara, his teeth bared in a sarl.
Kate: Nateshk struggles against the entanglement as the dog races towards him, managing to duck Raiden's attack as he rips at the vines. He wastes precious time attempting to free himself, but doesn't succeed.
Kate: (Let's skip over Nanteu, that way we don't do anything crazy with her that Shea wouldn't want)
Kate: (So, Kyle)
Kate: .
Raiden: (Make Nanteu go crazy like Siara and they can go on a killing spree!)
Kate: (Heh)
Kate: (Kitt?)
Oaky Sir oak changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (Give me time, I'm doing my rounds slower today
Siara: (Oh, COOL! Kitt, you gotta read Maokai's judgment when you get home, there's a reason why he always has that sapling with him
Siara: )
Kyle thrashes his arms in the air trying to wave off the growing darkness then starts digging into this pack blindly feeling for the cold metal bear trap, and places it on his leg peeling the jaws backward before stepping off the cellar door and toss the trap at the entrance.
Kyle: (What's the 'Judgments?")
Siara: (It's the story of when some of the champions entered the League of Legends. Their lore describes who they are and how they got started, but the judgment is the trial they face before joining the league. Get on FB, I'll show you)
Siara: (Actually, we could go in my temporary room on here)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kate: (Bleh. Can you describe your Entanglement failing? Forgot to to that before Nateshk's turn. Ella should have a combat move now unless you restart the spell.)
Siara sighs as the wave of magic he spread outward now returns to him, the undergrowth returning to normal. The roots and vines that shot from the ground whither and become brittle, easy to break through with a good twist.
Kyle: (I already found it Vex)
Siara: (Tell me what you think, it's pretty cool)
Kate: Ella wrests herself from the vegetation, aiming her handcrossbow up at Angel. Again, Nateshk yells at her in the foreign language and she frowningly shifts her aim towards Siara again, firing.
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Kate: (Siara, take 4 dam)
Kyle: (Maokia just the way I like him..)
Kate: ('Kay, Kyle, are you out of the Darkness now?)
Kyle: (Coolest idea ever for a Trent )
Kyle: (Depends on the range I was thinking no, or half-way)
Kate: (All right. Range is 20 ft. radius. Nateshk is about 30 ft from the trapdoor)
Kate: (So, if Jock opens that trapdoor, what's meant to happen?)
Siara: (That puts me right on the edge of it, I could take a step back and disappear)
Kyle: (When he steps out he'll take 2D6 damage and have half-movement speed unless he makes a str check 26? I think it is, I can't remember. It's honestly up to you)
Siara: (26!?)
Kate: (If he makes a reflex check first?)
Kate: ('Cause he'll be expecting trouble)
Kate: (Hullo?)
Kyle: (It's completely dark, inpossible to see threw, and he is stepping out of a stairway.)
Kyle: (Not much room for error )
Kate: (He can see because he cast it)
Kyle: (That's not how the spell works, unless his is special )
Kate: (That's how we played it in your game, I think it works effectively)
Kyle: (Your the Dm do what you want, and I don't think anyone has cast Darkness in our game)
Kate: (Cauta was going to)
Kyle: (I have no stats for Bear Trap so eh)
Kate: (Or something)
Kate: (We'll do your suggested damage)
Kate: (reflex first... of 20?)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate: (Yeaaaah...)
Kate: (Rolling damage)
Kate rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Kate rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Kate: (5 dam)
Kate: Jock shoves the trapdoor open.... only to have a bear trap snap shut on his arm. He yells hoarsely before ripping the trap off and away, climbing the rest of the way out, his eyes glaring.
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (Vex could you try to get me Wreck It Whraup Soundtrack No idea how to spell that movie )
Siara: (And now with his leg trapped, lock onto his groin and pull the trigger...)
Kate: (Siara's turn)
Siara: (I'll... try xD)
Kyle: (wreck-it-ralph)
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Siara rolls his head backwards as the arrow finds its mark. He rips the arrow out of his chest and stares at it for a second, admiring the flash of the sun reflecting through his blood, before lowering his gaze to look at the drow. "Silly girl... Useless trinket it becomes~" He looks at the girl's crossbow and a small targeting reticule appears on it. He grips the arrow tightly, imbuing the magic into the blood on the tip, then throws it like a dart. It flies true, nailing the target dead-center. On contact, the spell activates, and a sharp crack resounds through the space like a gunshot as the crossbow is instantly disfigured, twisting and coiling on itself until it become naught but a piece of wood with metal garnishes. Giggling madly, he hefts his warhammer and turns, fleeing into the magic darkness.
Kate: (Hey Shea!)
Kate: (Heh... Siara's up to no good!)
Kyle: (Warp Wood one of the most under used spells)
Kyle: (Well played Vex)
Siara: (I solemnly swear that I'm completely batshit crazy)
Kate: (Nanteu, we've only skipped over your turn once)
Kate: (You've taken no damage)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Kate: (10 dam to Ella...)
Nanteu: (Thought you guys would have done heaps. Glad I haven't missed much, though. And I'm not injured )
Kate: Angel swipes her sword at Ella's chest as the handcrossbow crumples in the drow's hand. The drow, stunned, is unable to fling herself back in time and yells in pain as the sword slices above her ribs.
Kate: (No, we just chatted and stuff. )
Kyle: (How did a bear trap latch onto his arm? Bear traps are placed on the ground.. )
Kate: Rooke attempts to make another grapple with Nateshk over that orc-axe...
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: (when should i jump in?)
Kate: (Rooke just wasted a turn, lol. Jock had to lift the trapdoor and still climb the stairs, so he put his arm out to help himself up.)
Kate: (Uhm... after Nateshk, according to this. Raiden's turn now, then Nateshk, then Nanteu.)
Siara: (Another attempt at a bite!)
Nanteu: (Mkay)
Kate: (Nateshk got an attack of opportunity on ROoke for that, so I'll fill that in... go ahead Siara)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate: (Excellent...)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Raiden: (o.o)
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
Raiden: (Rooke's gonna die)
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate: (Hmmm... not quite. Rooke's a toughy.)
Raiden: (So do I hit? I can detail and wait for your post)
Kate: (You hit! Sorry!)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Kate: As Rooke struggles to get a grasp on the double axe, Nateshk has finally had enough of his meddling. He viciously smacks the hilt of the axe into Rooke's face, forcing him back a step before arcing two vicious strikes of the double-axe through Rooke's chest and belly. Rooke yells in pain, blood splurting both sides of him as Nateshk artfully brings the axes' blades about. "Want this?" he taunts. "Too bad."
Siara: (9 damage to Nateshk when we're done here)
Kate: (Detail your attack!)
Kate: (brb, getting ready for bed, but will be back for another hour or so)
Kyle: (rOUND)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Raiden howls and leaps at Nateshk, furious that one of Siara's companions was injured. Landing on Nateshk's chest, he wraps his paws over Nateshk's shoulders in a way that allows him to stay on for a moment. With a savage growl, he begins tearing powerfully at Nateshk's face until he starts to slip, and then aims one last bite at Nateshk's neck. Unable to reach it in time, his teeth close on Nateshk's lower jaw instead. He jerks his head back and to the side with a powerful twist, wrenching Nateshk's jaw out of position. He lands lightly and turns, hightailing it into the darkness after Siara.
Kate: (Nanteu, what's your bonus and who were you trying to hit? Also, Nateshk had a free attack because of Rooke's actions, so now I'm about to write him again)
Kate: (Also... Rooke's so dead.)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Kate: (14 dam to a guy with only 5 hp left... -9, guys. One more round and he is effectively DEAD as a doornail if nobody does anything by the time it comes around to his turn again.)
Nanteu: (sorry, got distracted)(going after Nateshk again - attack is 15, damage 6)
Kate: (Sorry, that's a miss)
Nanteu: (i mean 17 attack. whoops)
Kate: (That would be a hit, then)
Siara: (If I use a cure on him, does he stop losing health?)
Kate: Nateshk yells as the dog rips at his face, especially when the dog tugs his jaw right out of socket. He grumbles before thwacking the palm of his hand into his own jaw, putting it back into position and clicking his neck for a moment. His cheek and lip are both torn, but he ignores the blood as it dribbles down his neck. He smirks before his axe slices into Rooke once more. Rooke gives a cry that is cut off by the second smack of the axe into his flesh and he crumples to the ground.
Kate: (Yup, stabilizes him. But you ahve to wait for your turn. Nanteu's detail, then... the blacksmith. Yarr, he's there.)
Siara: (I'll just flick him with Cure Minor and run away again xD)
Nanteu launches herself off the ground in the same fashion as earlier, but this time she brings the rapier down to impale Nateshk's upper back, just missing his spine. She leaves the blade in, still clutching the hilt as she tries to rip it back out, and panickedly shouts something to Siara about Rooke.
Kate: (After the blacksmith, it's Kyle's turn)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kate: The blacksmith came up behind Jock seeing as the large gnoll freed him from the cage while he was down there. The blacksmith is obviously no killer, but he isn't afraid to stir up some trouble. He comes out of the darkness and races for Angel, his arms moving to grab her in a grapple. She gives a muffled cry as one of his arms encircles her head, clamping her jaw shut as he attempts to hold her hands by her sides.
Kate: (Kyle's turn now)
Kate: (Do a bit of roleplaying while we're waiting?)
Kyle readies his next shot at Nateshk but then hears the Gnolls cries and figures he hasn't the time for a snap shot.- "Who said you could leave your cage?!" -Turning back to look into the darkness Kyle drops his bow and charges forward tackling the creature hoping to knock him back down the stairs! (Bull Rush)
Kyle: (str vrs str against the Gnoll)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate: (Hehe!)
Raiden: (Oh damn xD)
Kyle: (Hmm... what's his total?)
Raiden: (Gnoll's gonna bounce down those stairs)
Kate: (It's a complete fumble!)
Kyle: (Well you detail how this is playing out)
Kate: (Why don't you?)
Kate: (...>)
Kyle digs his foot down and charges blindly into the darkness with a loud cry, shoving heavily upward with his eyes closed and feeling the impact hit solid and lift the creature off his feet and back down the staircase. Hearing teh sickingly sound of the dull heavy thuds with each tumble, then stepping back out of the darkness seeing how the rest of the party was doing.
Kate: (Ow)
Siara: (Nicely done)
Kyle: (Cause I don't if/or how much damage your going to do with a Nat 20 vrs a Fumble xD)
Kate: (I think that deserves some damage)
Kate: (Do an unarmed damage roll)
Siara: (Crack his head open at the base of the stairs!)
Kate: (... for each stair?)
Kyle: (Or knock him out?)
Kate: (If it's unarmed, that could work... roll 3d3 plus your attack mod)
Kate: (Damage mod, sorry)
Kyle rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (10 damage?)
Kate: (Your dam mod is only 2?)
Kate: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
Kate: (Ah-kay...)
Kate: (10 dam it is!)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kate rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Kate: (8 dam to Kyle in a minute...)
Kate: Ella drops the ruined handcrossbow and advances on Kyle, drawing her rapier as she goes. With three vicious slices, she has carved through Kyle's armor, drawing three lines in blood on his chest.
Kyle: (damage mod is 2.. thought it was 1.. so 13 damage )
Kyle: (15 left)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Kate: (Kyle, take... 11 damage)
Kate: Jock, groaning at the base of the stairs, grunts as he stands and races back up them, out of the darkness, and attacks Kyle from behind with his hands glowing. They plunge into the base of Kyle's neck, draining him of health as the gnoll's claws lightly prick into his skin.
Kate: (Siara now)
Siara glances backwards hearing a voice that only sounds familiar through the mist in his mind. He giggles to himself as he stops to listen. "Ah, who's calling for me now... Someone else want to die!?" He stops after hearing himself speak. "Die?" The insane light in his eyes starts to fade as he starts to comprehend the words. "...Rooke." Turning around, he heads back to the edge of the darkness. He crouches down and reaches out, grabbing his staff. The space is illuminated by a jade flash as the Haze is drained from his mind. Quickly regaining his senses, he pokes his head out of the darkness to gain his bearing. Spotting Rooke, he aims the staff and shoots a tiny green magic dart at him. It pops on contact, showering over his face lightly and giving him a small power transfer. "You're not allowed to die yet. Hang in there..." He then quickly disappears back into the darkness, but stays near to what he thinks is the edge, skirting around inside it.
Kate: Angel attempts to free herself from Samec's grapple.
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kate: She succeeds and slaps him viciously across the face as she does so.
Kate: Rooke... lies there, all pale and ghostly looking. (Raiden's turn!)
Kate rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
Raiden: (How much longer does the darkness last?)
Kate: (Should be out by Jock's next turn)
Kyle: (Doesn't really matter we already lost this fight)
Kate: (Kyle, so defeated!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Hit or miss?)
Kate: (Miss... Raiden)
Kate: (Remember guys, you CAN always try to do diplomacy checks, etc.)
Raiden: (At this point? Really?)
Kate: (Mm. Nobody's died yet.)
Kyle: (Can't beat Dm's and the NPC)
Kate: (What do you mean?)
Kate: Nateshk turns his attention on the darkness, then to the only targets outside - Nanteu being one, as is Kyle, but he smirks as he watches Angel slap Samec away from her. With long strides, he closes the distance with her and makes a grab for her wrists.
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Nanteu: (Nanteu's still hanging off him, btw..)
Kate: (She is? xD I guess he's being really macho and just ignoring the blade and the hanging elf... heh heh)
Kate: Angel squeaks in surprise as she escapes one grapple and is thrown into another, against a far stronger opponent. She fights against him, but he manages to catch her against his chest, attempting to shrug the blade from his back. He turns on Kyle, seeing as he's the only visible member of the group that he can see without having to strain his neck too much. "Kyle Green," he says. "You really want this fight to continue? One of your lot is already down, and with ease, I could break this pretty thing's neck... why don't the lot of you just leave now? Or rather, let US leave? We got what we came here for."
Kyle: (Oh you can't drop this is my lap, cause I'm for teh head shot if so)
Kate: (Since this has paused the combat, you'd automatically get to do that, right? Special circumstances and all... *drops it in Kyle's lap, mwahaha*)
Siara: (We're supposed to leave him alive, remember? If you want to, go for it, but we're all dying)
Kate: (That headshot had better do some serious damage... otherwise things are just gonna get worse! xD)
Kyle: (Deacon told me nothing)
Kate: (I have 10 mins, then I must leave...)
Kate: (Tomorrow we definitely need to start a LOT earlier. )
Kyle: (Then I rather just stop here, and finishs this later)
Kate: (Aww!)
Kate: (Ten whole minutes!)
Nanteu: (Gaaah)
Kyle: (Round, good night Kate if your gone before I get back)
Kate: (-.- Night)
Kate: (I guess that means I'm gone. Bye guys)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 19 (18th November, 2012)

DM: Angel squeaks in surprise as she escapes one grapple and is thrown into another, against a far stronger opponent. She fights against him, but he manages to catch her against his chest, attempting to shrug the blade from his back. He turns on Kyle, seeing as he's the only visible member of the group that he can see without having to strain his neck too much. "Kyle Green," he says. "You really want this fight to continue? One of your lot is already down, and with ease, I could break this pretty thing's neck... why don't the lot of you just leave now? Or rather, let US leave? We got what we came here for." (Undid the gnoll's attack on Kyle. Jock only made it up the stairs, no attack. So Kyle is back at 15hp. Numerous mistakes last night - sorry)
DM: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p3...
Nanteu: (Oh yeah, also. I don't really get how Nan could attack Nate with two relatively decent hitting attacksm, and not be noticed the entire time >> )
DM: (Yeah... another slip-up of mine. -.- Last night was really bad... sorry guys)
DM: (Kate Rule No. 1!)
DM: (EAT FIRST.)
Ikitt: (TOLD YA crackers)
Nanteu: (It's okay xD you can have some of my tim tams!)
DM: (TOAST... *whimpers* Shea, I kick you! *kicks Shea*)
Siara looks at Nateshk, the exhaustion and bloodloss starting to set in. He's taking slow, measured breaths to settle the remains of the adrenaline and start slowing his heart rate. "Yes, but we... have not. We must... find Malakhi... to find a way... back to... our own homes." He kneels down, leaning on his staff for support as he catches his breath. "No more killing... We just want to go home..."
Nanteu: (*cries* Kitt, ate kicked me D: )
Nanteu: Kate** !)
Nanteu: ( i fail even at spelling people's names!)
Ikitt snatches up his longbow on the group gripping it tightly in anger, with Rooke fighting as well a old lady and his group filled with two young women it was only certain they would lose this fight. Taking a deep breath as he pacesto the side slowly ready to tackle Nate to give teh others a chance to flee if need be (bathroom brb)
Nanteu: (Nan still ahs full healt too xD )
DM: Nateshk is quiet for a short while, then releases Angel, letting her tumble from his arms. She gets to her feet, holding her longsword in both hands warily, backing away towards Rooke's unconscious body. Nateshk grunts and spins, trying to get a hold on Nanteu or at least dislodge her and her sword from his back. "Get off!" he growls at her, then spits in Elvish. "How have you been hanging on this whole time!?"
Siara: (Rooke's dead, Siara's almost there, Kyle, Nan and Raiden no damage, Angel a few scratches?)
DM: (Angel, undamaged. They've only done grapple attacks on her. Rooke's... not dead, you saved him, remember?)
DM: (Kyle is 15/27)
Ikitt: (Kate you act your age and stop kicking Nannytwo!)
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
DM: (This is my age!!!)
Siara: (Well, he's on the door. If he sneezes too hard he could die.)
Kyle: (Oh ya, nevermind fight my teenagers)
DM: (Aye, true. 2 more points of damage and he'd be dead-dead. *smirks*)
Siara: (Heck, if Siara sneezes at all, he could blow an artery)
Siara: (Only thing keeping him "standing" is tension)
DM: (Do you guys wanna know what Nateshk is? Rooke was gonna reveal it since he knows bits of the language Nateshk was speaking, but... yeah, he's on the ground. I'd just have you guys roll knowledge checks, highest roll wins the 'realization'. Angel won't roll, 'cause that's boring if she wins.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle: (elf, Orc)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM: (Kitt's onto it)
Nanteu finally dislodges the blade with the help of Nateshk, abd quietly chuckling to herself about the whole ordeal, wipes the blood off the blade and onto a pant leg.
Kyle: (Ya, well I cheat )
DM: (How?)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (Cause you should us his picture who could we not know?)
DM: (I dunno... nobody said "HE's AN ELF ORC!)
DM: (Roll, see if Kyle's smarty-pants in here)
Siara: (I had my suspicions, but I didn't know for sure)
Kyle: (showed**)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: (Mods, anyone?)
Siara: (Eh, leave it at that, Kyle can take this one)
DM: ( In case you don't have it again http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
DM: (eh, ok)
DM: (Kyle, you have this ASTOUNDING realization! Go for it.)
DM: ("EW, his parents! Yuck!")
Siara: (Be like "...who was the bitch in that relationship?")
Kyle: (I'm not going to blurt it out, unless someone else ask. )
DM: (Okay, who's posting next then?)
Kyle: (I think we're leaving...)
Siara: (He kinda ignored me, should I try again?)
DM: (Oh, sorry... lemme post)
Kyle: (This massive eye headache is killing me, pills work!)
DM
Nateshk motions to the gnoll standing at the top of the stairs, telling him to come over. Jock limps over - he appears to have twisted his ankle, gingerly holding his wrist also - and Ella follows him, standing near Nateshk and away from the others of the group. Nateshk eyes Siara for a moment, then shakes his head. "Maybe you can find that out some day... for now, even Malakhi doesn't know how to reverse it or change it to allow stragglers back like Deacon..." He smirks just slightly, twisting his arm behind his back to feel the wound Nanteu tore. "Don't see why he'd ever bother to find out, either..."
The blacksmith wanders near to Nateshk and his followers, and you see white chalk on his sleeve - the gnoll's hands are also covered in white chalk. Nateshk continues speaking. "If you really want to find your way home... I'd suggest finding the original spell-caster, Tarn's 'master'... or 'Old Fart' as he oh-so-delicately calls the man who raised him. I'd wish you luck because you'll need it, but... frankly, I don't give a damn what happens to you lot."
He starts to turn, then pauses and looks at Kyle with a smirk. That smirk remains, then he turns to leave once more.
DM: (Dim your screen or wear sunglasses)
Siara looks up slowly, still weak. "Where... where do we find him?"
DM: "Don't know, don't care."
DM: Nateshk continues walking, his followers and the blacksmith falling into step behind him.
Siara watches him go in silence. When he's out of sight, he sighs, and his strength gives out at last. He collapses, rolling a bit so he falls on his side instead of his chest. "Damn it all..."
Kyle rubs his chins stepping over to the rest of the group looking from them back toward Nateshk gang- "Hmm.. Ya know, we could drop the lot from here with Angel's, Nanny's and my bow.. But I don't think we'ld get much out of them being dead. A gosh, Rooke what the heck man?" -Smacking Rooke in the chest- "I swear we're you trying to disarm the man, or fondle him? Now look ya, all cut up.. Atleast the girls are looking good."
DM: Angel sheathes her blade, throwing a glance at the other lot's retreating forms just as they round a curve in the path through the forest and are lost to sight. She crouches down next to Rooke, her fingertips gently prodding one of his eyes open to look at his pupil, then checks his pulse as a soft glow starts to form about her hands.
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Now he's only at... -1 health)
Kyle: (xD Then I find it even funnier that Kyle said that)
Kyle: (I thought he was still moving about lol)
DM: (Hehe! I thought it was a funny image too! Harrassing him while he's unconscious...)
DM: "Don't hit him," Angel warns Kyle as the glow passes over Rooke's body, starting to mend together the worst of the wounds. "Seriously... he's as fragile as a glass ornament right now. Nanteu, could you try healing Rooke also? We might be able to wake him up."
Kyle: round()
DM: (ok)
Nanteu silently sheathes her rapier, her grin vanishing now that Nateshk and his group have left. Although she nods to Angel, she has a hostility about her, a feeling that seems to radiate from her person. She is tense, and keeps her gaze from anyone else's as she leans by Rooke's side, palms splayed and hovering over his chest. White light materialises in the centre of her hands. "You're the one whose supposed to be saving me, remember?," she says lightly, thouh without the usual hint of amusement.
Nanteu: (Am I rolling 8 too?)
DM: (yup)
DM: (And adding +1 mod)
Nanteu rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Nanteu: (8 xD)
DM: (Cool, that takes him up to 7 hp!)
Nanteu clenches her hands into fists, then realises the pent up light, letting it seep into Rooke's wounds and seal them back up again.
DM
Rooke softly groans as Nanteu's magic washes over his body and he rolls his head to the side, staring at the grass for a moment, then glancing up at the others with a very bloody and confused expression. His mouth and chin are covered in blood from the nose bleed Nateshk caused him and he still looks pretty roughed up. He coughs and rolls over onto his belly to heave a bit before he vomits up a bit of spit. He stays there on his hands and knees, recovering before looking up at the others again.
"What are you lot gawking at?" he gruffly says before starting to get to his feet. He looks a wreck, despite being healed up. "Someone healed me..." He looks at Nanteu, smiles a grisly smile with blood on his teeth, then rubs a hand across his face. "He was awfully pretty, wasn't he?"
Kyle: (+1 per caster lvl Not that it matters >,>)
DM: (Does matter!)
Siara looks up at Raiden as he pads over, laying a land lightly on his head. "We're stuck here for now, aren't we... Sorry, my dear, looks like it'll be a little while longer..." He chuckles weakly as Raiden laps at his face, and then he rolls over to look at the party upside down. "Do we have... a destination?"
DM: (anyone posting?)
Siara: (Besides what I just said? No xD)
Kyle steps over toward what little grass remained near the celler door, fishing around for his bear trap.- "About the only place I think we can go from here is back to the castle maybe after asking Tarn about who taught him the spell.."
Kyle: (Can't really think of what to do)
Nanteu "I don't know how much Tarn will want to say to us after this."
Nanteu: (where's the blacksmith?)
DM: (If you guys are okay with it, I'm willing for this to be a break from the main quest, play through some less plot-heavy stuff)
DM: (Blacksmith left with them... with chalk on his sleeve)
Kyle repeats after Nanteu- "Us?" "We didn't do anything to him, and he did fancy your slinder frame and assets. I'm sure you of all people would hav ethe best chance of loosening his lips."
Siara closes his eyes, relaxing on forest floor. "Would you mind if I asked you guys to talk to him without me? I'm feeling really sleepy..."
DM: Rooke, swaying a bit as he walks, trundles off down the stairs, tripping the bell and string, but walks right through it. He collects his pack and comes back up the stairs, holding the little bell. "Uhm... that gnoll must have gone down there to smudge out the rune. It's gone... he poured water over it."
Nanteu rubs the bridge of her nose. "Fantastic.."
Kyle grunts. "Well that makes the choice the easy enough, might as well head back and tell the Queen how much of a amazing job we did. I'm sure they hold a parade and have a huge feast for all the good news after we tell'em." -He says- "Let's just get going before this day get's worst."
Siara: (Kate, to pc for a second?)
DM: Angel sits on the floor, her mind obviously elsewhere as she fingers one of her horns. She's nibbling on her lip, eyes downcast as she thinks. Obviously the idea of Kyle, Siara, Nanteu, and Rooke being from another plane or dimension is troubling her. As Kyle speaks, she stands up and offers Siara a hand up also. "I think... that might be a good idea. When we get back, why don't you lot get some rest? I can talk to my mother about the whole thing..."
DM: (pc...?)
Siara: (private chat - http://us6.chatzy.com/51032852874485 )
DM: (quick brb!)
Kyle: (Shea is distracted! )
Nanteu: (Sshh..)
Kyle: (It's fine I know, just like Vex is talking to Kate to be all drained of magical powers so he can act more dramatic like!)
Siara: (Nah xD)
Siara: (She's still brb, hasn't said anything in the other chat)
Kyle: (Katarina is too easy vrs nubs)
DM: (back)
Kyle: (I like the new Owl City song)
DM: (What is it?)
DM: (Also, someone else post!)
Nanteu says nothing else, and heads down the stairs in search of her pack so they can get going as soon as possible.
Kyle: (From the movie Wreck-It-Rhalp : 'When can I see you again?')
Siara: (Oh, so that's the song you wanted?)
Kyle: (And Sugar Rush, plus a handful more)
Kyle: (I have a major weakness for Arcade stuff, 8-Bit, Pixel Art, ect.. 'Really' Old school gamer type)
Kyle: (Ya know before it became a popular fad )
Kyle: (xD Even right now I'm wearing my hat that I won in a Arcade 14 years ago that says Namco)
Kyle: (By the lack of posting I'm guessing we are time skipping ahead?)
Siara taps his chest at the top of the large hole from the throwing axe, then draws a slow line down his chest, tracing through the center of the wound. He grunts, twitching slightly as the torn torn skin weaves back together like a zipper. "Haaaaa... Damn, I think he broke some ribs." The large tendrils of life energy that carried him to the castle sprout from his back, pushing him upwards until he can stand normally, then return to his body. He feels over his chest, testing the resiliency of the wound before grabbing his staff with his tail and lifting it up so that he can grab it without bending down. Staff in hand, he steps over to the warhammer, curling the length of his tail around the handle and hefting it slowly, straining for a moment until he can find a balance, but it still takes some effort to walk and move. "...fuck."
Siara: (One post, a la Siara.)
DM: (How many hp did you regain...?)
Siara: (Just one)
Kyle: (Once more over the top! )
Siara: (The hole itself was fairly deep, constituting a moderate wound at least, but I can close the hole so it doesn't get infected and leave the rest to heal naturally)
DM
Rooke slams his hand down on Siara's shoulder in a friendly slap. "You'll be fine, elf," he says. "At least he didn't smash your face in like he did with mine... I think my nose is broken. Ribs heal and look pretty again!"
"You're awfully chipper for someone who's just been told they're in another world," Angel softly says.
"Don't think it's sunk in yet... and it's not... too unusual, right? I mean, there are several planes for a reason... Come on, let's get the hell outta here. I'm sick of this hole."
Kyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1YMeDsc-M
DM: (I had a look at it on youtube when you mentioned it before. I like it, it's chirpy!)
Kyle: (Well fine I was waiting on posting it till I had a round so you would have something to listen to but not now!)
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (Everyone okay if we timeskip? And, if so, to what point would you guys like to skip? To the palace before the conversation Angel has with the Queen, after, or even the next morning?)
Nanteu
(this ones always been one of my favourites; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tY5RErnakc )(a little different from his usual thing, but i think it's catchy)
Nanteu: (i think everyone should grab their stuff, then skip)
DM: (Like this one too)
Siara grits his teeth when Rooke claps his shoulder, his insides still being messed up. When the pangs subside, he lifts a hand, building the healing light into his index finger. He taps Rooke's nose lightly, and with a small noise like bones cracking, passes the power into him, restoring his nose. "...there."
Siara: (Now we're back to 8 each, and his nose is fixed. Might have hurt a bit as everything kinda snapped back into place, but only for half a second, like a nose hair being pulled out. xD)
DM: Rooke flinches back, then touches his nose. "Huh... all right, thanks."
DM: (... I don't know what that feels like, thankfully! So, you wanna skip head too?)
DM: (*ahead)
Siara: (Sure, I've already got everything since I brought my pack up with me. Wasn't expecting the fight xD)
Siara: (Well, I was, but I was hoping it wouldn't come to one)
Nanteu: (you're lucky then, kate xD my friend almost broke my nose. kicked me in the face. blood everrryywheeerrre.)
DM: (All right, so... skip to before Angel's conversation with the Queen concerning all the info we've found out, after, or to the next day? I'll wait for Kitt to come back before moving on.)
DM: (Wow, you sure she was your FRIEND? xD)
Nanteu: (well it was an accident. she did a hand stand and i .. didn't realise. until her heel whacked me. great fun, though!)(and skip to angel talking to the queen, me thinks)
DM: (Worst facial injury... cat caught my eyelid with her claws... or that one time someone decided to dislocate my jaw with the end of a broom...)
Nanteu: (whoa. both of those would hurt heaps D: )
DM: (Cat was more of a surprise than actual pain... that broom one... yup, that hurt a lot. xD)
Siara: (My nose kinda got broken, or at least cracked a bit, when I was around 13. Tripped and smashed my face on a bar in a construction site. One of the men working there had medical training, he pushed it back into place and ordered a mask for me to wear until it healed. It felt like a lot of hairs being pulled out, that really intense sting, but it didn't last very long.)
Nanteu: (Owwww. i was about that age too, i think, when she did it xD)
DM: (Ow! Okay... I knew a guy who broke his nose about the same age also... he was walking along a street chatting animatedly with his cousin when he turned his head and suddenly walked straight into a streetlight.)
DM: (A friend who has a bit of a thing for 'men in uniform' was walking past a group of firefighters and staring at them too intently... walked into a streetlight and had a black eye for a week.)
Nanteu: (Hahaha)
Siara: (Well, sadly, that's kinda what happened to me too... ¬_¬;;
Siara: (It was a hot day and Haato decided to take his shirt off, I missed a step and...)
DM: (Smack!)
Siara: (More like "-clang- FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" but yeah. So sue me for staring at my super hot then-boyfriend.)
DM: (Never been so distracted like that myself...)
DM: (I'm too conscious of taking care of my glasses, I think. xD)
Nanteu: (Meh, same, but I can't blame you for getting so easily distracted, really)(didn't know you wore glasses, kate)
DM
Rooke slams his hand down on Siara's shoulder in a friendly slap. "You'll be fine, elf," he says. "At least he didn't smash your face in like he did with mine... I think my nose is broken. Ribs heal and look pretty again!"
"You're awfully chipper for someone who's just been told they're in another world," Angel softly says.
"Don't think it's sunk in yet... and it's not... too unusual, right? I mean, there are several planes for a reason... Come on, let's get the hell outta here. I'm sick of this hole."
Siara grits his teeth when Rooke claps his shoulder, his insides still being messed up. When the pangs subside, he lifts a hand, building the healing light into his index finger. He taps Rooke's nose lightly, and with a small noise like bones cracking, passes the power into him, restoring his nose. "...there."
Rooke flinches back, then touches his nose. "Huh... all right, thanks."
DM: (Ya, I do. xD I'll show you half a pic)
Siara: (I had contacts that day, I would have broken my glasses if I was wearing them.)
DM: ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... I didn't know you wore glasses either, Vex! xD)
Nanteu: (Lucky. Glasses are expensive.. )
DM: (I'd love to wear contacts... but I think the optometrists are scared of being murdered.)
Nanteu: (Being murdered? xD)
Siara: (And yeah, he was distracting. He had abs and a strong chest, lots of girls turned their heads when we went swimming xD)
DM: (I spaz out if anyone touches my eyes. xD)
Siara: (It took me forever to be able to put them in, but I had soft contacts, which were easier)
DM: (Ya, they were trying me on soft contacts but I couldn't control myself long enough to let them put the test ones in.)
DM: (I kept turning away at the last moment or pushing their hand away without thinking)
Siara: (Mine made me put them in myself xD We were in the office for half an hour until I could get my hands to stop shaking enough that I could do it without stabbing myself in the face)
Nanteu: (Ahh, okay)
Kyle: (Hmm.. I never broke or bleed anything but my forehead, and leg. But one time I got off the bus took off running trying to beat it, while everyone was waving too me from teh windows and I ran at full speed straight into a stop sign)
Nanteu: (I don't think I could do them myself. I'm lucky though, I don't need glasses anyway)
DM: (... the first and only time the Stop Sign ever felt it made a difference!)
Nanteu: (Ow, Kitt!)
Siara: (Stop sign to the face > http://u18chan.com/uploads/data/13325/4c... )
Kyle: (Ya, I was waving back cause Mary was waving at me, and I wasn't looking ahead of me)
Kyle: (Funny, and I couldn't help it she had pigtails in that day! >//> )
DM: (All right, what are we deciding? We're skipping ahead... to what? Angel going in to have a conversation with her mother about all this... before, during, after, or even later?)
DM: (It could be a very boring conversation with only me typing.)
Siara: http://puu.sh/1rrxB >
Siara: ( ^ Das me with glasses )
DM: (Nice glasses!)
Nanteu: (that gif reminds me of.. i think its Day After Tomorrow, when the reporter gets smooshed by a highway sign in a tornado)(well we could all talk a little while she tells the queen stuff xD)
DM: (... I can't stop watching this stop sign bowling the poor reporter over...)
DM: (I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face!)
DM: (Btw... that is a MASSIVE stop sign...)
Kyle: (??? looks the normal size to me)
DM: (I'll take a photo of the size of the ones we have here someday)
Siara: (Yeah, that's normal around here too. They have to be large so they can be clearly identified by shape and color in low-visibility conditions)
DM: (Ours would be about... twice the size of a dinner plate?)
Kyle: (I got to drinking hot coco, this is like my 6 one)
DM: (Lucky... I got nuffin. Anyhoo! Kyle, decide! QUICK! I wanna post!)
Kyle: (stop*)
Kyle: (IDK your the DM, what do you think would be best? Us listening in, or Angel coming to tell us the report?)
DM: (Coming back to tell the report, otherwise you guys are gonna get bored.)
DM: (So... tell me where in the palace you guys want to be when Angel comes back to you. I imagine someone would have gotten you health potions or helped you get cleaned up.)
Siara: (I could be taking a nap in the forest to regain some strength)
Kyle: (Umm.. the bathtub, is that a reasonable answer? I would think teh courtyard )
Nanteu: (The rest of us could just hang around the rooms while Kyle and Siara do their thing then)
Siara: (Oh, if there's plants in the courtyard, I could nap by a tree, then I'm easier to find)
DM: (Bathtub is a completely reasonable answer. Well... why don't we have an open courtyard with a few trees in it? That way Siara can be all restful, Kyle can do what he wants, and Nanteu and Rooke are within easy reach.)
Nanteu: (Alrighty)
Siara dies beside a tree in the courtyard, Raiden at his side
Siara: (There xD)
Kyle is in the courtyard! Using the free time to practice his archery while secertly venting his frustrations of today's battle out on some hay targets.- "You got to be kidding me.. Can't believe we almost lose Rooke, and Angel when we had them outnumbered too..." -He sighs, then releases another arrow
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (Damn no bullseye)
DM: Rooke, after washing up and having a palace healer tend to him, is dressed in clean clothes and is sitting in the courtyard with an empty book, ink, and quill. He seems to be busy writing, occasionally stopping to fiddle with the quill or touch his fingers to his nose as if to make sure its still there. Out of the sun, he's resting in the shade with his back against the wall of the palace, his butt planted firmly on the marble paving that surrounds the courtyard full of training tools and white trees with soft green leaves.
DM: Rooke glances up at Kyle. "Almost lost Angel? How? She looked fine when I woke up." He pauses writing.
DM: ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Siara: (That's just weird as hell, never fails to make me smile though)
Kyle simply keeps his eyes focused in on the target fetching another arrow in the bowstring- "Ya that's cause you backhanded like a redheaded step child.. That bastard almost had his way with her while you napped.." -Then rearing back let's loose another shot
DM: Rooke is quiet for a moment. "I like redheads," he says before going off into thought. He looks at what he's written, then back up to Kyle. "You're just messing with me. You lot were fine without me, I reckon... not against him, but still..." He sighs. "Next time, I'm just gonna stand at a distance and throw things at him... getting up close is just too messy."
Nanteu is draped over a marble bench, one arm hanging over the side as she lays on her stomach, watching the others with a dreary, drained expression. Occassionally she'll glance at Rooke, as if to check that he's still breathing, before staring at the ground, distracted, and obviously still unhappy with a number of things.
Nanteu: (Likes redheads. Ehehe.)
DM: (Nanteu's a redhead, isn't she? xD)
Kyle: (There was a were* that suppose to be in there.)
Nanteu: (Yahuh.)
DM: (Didn't notice, Kitt. )
Kyle: (I'll just pass on my terrible grammar into Kyle since he has poor proper schooling)
DM: (Anyone poooosting?)
Siara: (I'm dead, no posts for me)
DM: (Decay a little! Need some action!)
Siara: (Not DEAD dead xD)
DM: (Snore then!)
Siara: (I could start growing roots from life energy though)
DM: ( Found this: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... I should try doing something like this again...)
Kyle let's loose his last arrow missing his mark, and start to walk up to the hay target and start removing the arrows. Plucking each one roughly- "Oh there's nothing wrong with redheads, I'm saying this group could use a little more muscle. It was me Siara, and two young women.. It could have went alot worst."
DM: ( http://kotorchix.deviantart.com/gallery/... The little girl grown up.)
Siara twitches in his sleep and turns to the side a bit, still leaning against the tree. He starts mumbling softly, incoherently, but a few words slip out. "Raiden, I... Sorry..." He mumbles a few more words that can't be made out before sinking deeper into sleep once more.
Kyle: (I'm posting stuffs..)
DM: (Woo! Stuffs!)
DM: Rooke frowns a little, then breathes air on the inked words of the book so it'll dry sooner. "For your age, you fit the role of 'muscle' quite well yourself. Plus... it was good it was only me who took a beating like that. I reckon none of the others would have survived that, no offence intended, Nanteu... hey, are you all right?" He peers curiously over at her.
Kyle: (I forgot what level are we even?)
Kyle: (Wow just realized I about passouted, I really need to sleep more when I get home.)
DM: (wow, weird...)
DM: (SHEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Nanteu blinks a few times, now watching Rooke again, but now that he's directly referenced her, it's made it harder for her to keep it together. She turns her head, resting her other cheek on the end of the bench, and mutters a faint 'Mhmm'.
Nanteu: (Yay, vagueness)
DM: Rooke puts down the book with the inkwell and quill, getting to his feet with a faint creak before wandering over towards Nanteu. He moves about behind her, giving Kyle a sneaky glance before leaning forward and resting his hands on Nanteu's back, gently starting to massage her shoulders and spine. "Thinking about home?" he asks, hands moving in circular motions.
Kyle spots Siara's leg dangling back and forth from the tree and thinks he can nail teh spot behind with some good timing.- "Plus what are you writing Rooke, I didn't know you had any skill with the quill.." -He draws a arrow out and points over toward Siara tree and looks to Nanteu- "Ya think I can hit that spot, and miss his leg?"
DM: (Angel is... now leaving the throne room. *nods* She'll be here shortly)
DM: "Ehh, a diary," he says to Kyle, still rubbing Nanteu's back. "A few letters to my kids and such... guess they won't get them for a while unless the mail service crosses dimensions, heh."
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: (ewkey)
DM
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vioTgsaUPV8&fea... )
Nanteu grunts softly, but doesn't move away, instead enjoying the luxury of a massage, and the.. Rooke.. touching.. She clears her throat with a cough. "Uh, yeah. I mean, I guess. One of them." Turning her head back, she looks at Kyle with a warning glance. "I wouldn't risk it, personally.."
Nanteu
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E ) (been loving this song. part of it's the theme song for the Tv series Cold Case)
DM: Rooke gently continues to massage Nanteu's shoulders, working his way down her back before perching on the side of the bench to get a better position. "One of them? You're lucky to have more than one... or one at all." He glances up towards Kyle, grins a bit, neither approving or disapproving Kyle's daring spirit. "Since Nateshk told us about... y'know what, I haven't been able to stop thinking about my kids... especially my son. He'll be turning eight years old soon. Do you have any children?"
DM: (I like it!)
Nanteu looks vacant at the mention of kids, and rolls her neck to the side to crack it. She closes her eyes. "No, no children.. How old is your son?," she asks, reverting back to him.
Kyle: (I'm so taking this shot, hope you have a DC for this Kate)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle: (17?)
DM: "Almost eight. He was my first... the two girls are six and four," Rooke says. "I was only nineteen when he was born... Kyle... what are-..."
DM: (I randomly decided 15, so yes! You pass. xD)
Nanteu: (Oh man, I meant to say 'what's your son's name?" xD Sorry Kate!)
DM: (That's okay! xD)
Kyle thinks on Nanteu words for only a moment repeating them in his head '..risk it.." - "Luckly I don't risk thing, tis a easy shot any child could make I bet.. Hmmm.." -Focusing his eyes at the timing of Siara leg passing back and forth leaving only a brief window for error. His fingers slid over the feather end and released! And the shot landed true, pegging with a dull thud into the treetrunk.- "Ha! I knew it.."
Kyle: (I think everyone is tired and busy today Kate)
DM: (Whatchu mean? We're doing much better than yesterday. xD)
Siara slowly stirs from his rest as Raiden yelps in surprise. "What happened...? What-" He spots the arrow, recognizing it as Kyle's, and turns to him, still half-asleep. "Here, you dropped this..." He lobs the arrow back at Kyle, then rolls back over. "Don't make me break that bow..."
DM
Rooke grins and shakes his head at Kyle. "Remind me never to go gambling with you... you'll make us loose everything." He lightly chuckles.
Angel enters into the courtyard, her hair all tidied up and pinned back in a curly bun. She's wearing tanned trousers with a loose white shirt and is barefoot, fingering the black stone about her neck as she approaches the group. "Hey..."
Nanteu props herself up with her arms, then positions herself upright, bringing her legs around to the front of the bench, so her feet are touching the ground under her, just as Kyle looses the arrow. She raises her eyebrows in surprise, but frowns instead at Angel's return. She looks at princess. "What did she say?"
Nanteu: at the * )
Kyle catches the arrow wtih a grin pointing it back up to him before moving back toward Angel and the group arms rasied up with a cheerful mood- "Hey~ Good to see your back, so what kinda news ya got? Is she going to take our heads off, or send us on another wild goose chase this time?" -He says jestingly
DM
Angel drops the stone back under her shirt so she'll stop fidgeting with it and licks her lips, reaching up to finger one of her horns again and shift some loose strands of hair behind her ear. "She... didn't say what we should do. She just said that we shouldn't go after Malakhi or Nateshk until we have more information on their abilities. Some of the scouts and Elites returned this morning, so she's sending them out to search for clues from the People, and the historians and record-keepers are turning out everything they have on Malakhi and his lot, and this... spell. It may take a while..."
She licks her lips again, almost nervously as she drops her hands to her sides. "I guess... we have nothing to do." She looks glum at the prospect of sticking around the palace doing nothing.
"Well, that's boring," Rooke says drily.
Nanteu looks down at her lap, and starts fiddling with one of the spikes on her armour, picking around the base of it with a nail. "Hm," she mumbles.
Kyle rubs the back of his neck thinking hard on Angel's words, then thought it was kinda funny he still couldn't remember her real name.. What was it Tindo something another? Causing his face to look deeper in thought as it escaped his mind, but then quickly faded away.- "That's not bad or good news.. Seems to me like good time to set ourself up though, and maybe learn a thing or two."
DM: (SO, I have a question for all of ya... I want honest opinions!)
Nanteu: (mhmhmm?)
DM: (Where would you like to go from here? http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Siara: (Hmm)
DM: (Just think on it. Don't need an answer right now, but I kinda wanna let you guys FREE from the main plot for a bit)
Kyle: (I feel a boat ride coming..)
DM: (You wanna go off-map, don't you? Typical!)
Nanteu: (Huhh..)
Kyle: (I'm thinking Im thinking)
DM: ( *cough* http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Siara: (We could visit the archipelago nearby for a bit)
Kyle: (LOLZ... NZ lander type of map all islands xD )
DM: (I love islands. xD)
Kyle: (I like trees, and mountains, and underground places)
DM: (Got all that in Elmrock)
DM: (Elmrock owns only 3 of those islands)
Kyle: (Anyone got any ideas?)
Siara: (We could go back to the mine)
Kyle: (and do wat?)
Siara: (Well I already suggested the archipelago, but no one jumped on it)
Kyle: (I don't even know what that is)
Siara: (A small chain of islands, like Hawaii.)
Kyle: (Nanny Shea, ideas? )
DM: Angel pinches at the fabric of her sleeve. "I guess I could show you the armory... you wanted a better ranged weapon, didn't you?" She glances at Nanteu, Siara, and Rooke. "Is there anything you lot would like from the armory? New armor, new weaponry? I should be able to sneak some health potions from the head wizard's study..."
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (The archipelago, do you mean the one above Elmrock? The fattest island in a straight line north?)
Siara: (Yeah)
Siara: (I'll ditch the warhammer later and swap it for a scythe if you let me. There should be plenty of Haze in the crystal by then.)
Nanteu: (Erm.. I don't care what we do. You know me, i never have an opinion on what we should do! xD)
Kyle snaps his fingers then chuckles- "Actually I did, but I doubt Elmrock would have such a weapon. But on that subject I know the orignal plans came from the dwarfs, they seem to have a thing for crossbows.. Any chance they got a castle or keep up in the mountains or anything?"
DM: (Nanteu! We demand an opinion of you!)
Kyle: (Stop being a background character, and be a main character shea!)
DM: (Rooke and Angel are the one's who don't need opinions! xD)
DM: ( There, might be easier - http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Nanteu: (*panics*)
Kyle: (ROUND! X~X )
Nanteu: (What would we do there?)
Nanteu: (woah, glitch. nevermind what I said)
Siara: (The purple and red are where I was suggesting to go. Hop the islands a bit, look around more.)
Nanteu: (I like that idea. Exploring outside of Elmrock.)
DM
Angel presses her lips together firmly for a moment, then gently puts a hand out to brush her fingertips on Kyle's sleeve. "Kyle... you're in a different world now. I guess... things don't match the same as they do in your world, with Chessmark and... Davenport and things. Dwarves are integrated into our culture here in Elmrock. More 'unfriendly' folk live up in the mountains..."
She tilts her head slightly. "One of the Alye'ratse Islands northwest of here has a large dwarven population... maybe... we could go there...?" A glimmer of excitement flashes into her eyes and her whole face starts to light up. "They might know what you're thinking of..."
DM: (SEED PLANTED! MWAHAHA)
Siara starts to talk again. It sounds like sleep-talk, but he's clearly aware of what's happening around him. "A new island... New people, new scenery... New chaos... Sounds fun."
DM: (Elmrock side of world: Elmrock,)( red area is Sturtmok, formerly a barbarian nation, still great tribal influences)( purple area is the Alye'ratse Islands - meaning "12 together" - which are now almost 14 seeing as the territory is expanding into Sturtmok and...)(green area is Ithil Lanta - meaning 'Moonfall')
DM: ( save me trouble... http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Nanteu: (oh, forgot to mention, i won't be back on tonight after I leave for dinner.)
DM: (Aw, all right)
DM: (How soon is that?)
Nanteu: (few hours, two at the most. i'll keep you updated ^^ we've been having dinner later recently, around about Cool
Nanteu: (so we should get travelling!)
DM: (Okay. It may be about my bedtime the same time you leave if it's 2 hours, then. xD)
Kyle snatches Angel's hand quickly and cupping his other hand over it tightly.- "But Angel.." -He says in a quiet voice dropping to a knee and with his head bowed- "Princess Golden Horns, I will protect you on this quest and do whatever is needed to get your there and back safely."
Kyle: (Oh ya, that just happen *serious face*)
DM: (Hah! xD!)
Siara snorts softly. "Lady-killer..."
Kyle: (I just foundout they have chocolate rasiens here at work, yussssssh)
Nanteu: (Eww)
Kyle: (What you don't like grapes?)
DM
Angel blinks down at him, a blush crawling up her face and she embarrassedly (yet smilingly) glances aside. "It's your toy we're going to get... shouldn't I be guarding you?" A silly grin crosses her face, the blush remaining rosy on her cheeks as she tries not to look too embarrassed. Suddenly, she drops to her knees next to him, bringing up her free hand to brush it across her forehead in a woe-is-me gesture. "Alas!" she cries, playing along. "I should go alone! Ye dare not trouble yourself, fair knight!"
"Oh my gosh..." Rooke puts a hand up to his face and shakes his head. "They're both actors... this can't get any worse!"
Nanteu: (I love grapes. Just not when they're all dried up and pruny..)
Nanteu just sits there, giggling away.
Siara: (I should knock them all over and tell them to go away until I'm done with my nap xD)
DM: (Grumpy old lunar elf. xD)
Siara: (He's tired and thinks it's cheesy, can you blame him? xD)
Kyle snaps up with his back straight exclaiming that it was not a toy- "It is not a toy! But a tool, use to as a toy.. Now princess if your done with your dramatic glamous moment, I do think we should get ready to hit the seas.. Even though I've never been much of a deep water kinda man." -He cough changing his voice to a more heroic tone snatching her hand giving it a tug- "ONWARD!"
Kyle: (You two are crazy for not jumping onto this amazing act)
Nanteu: (Nup. We're pretty solid.)
Kyle: (I love cheesy things)
DM: Angel laughs and uses his tugging motion of her hand to help her back up to her feet. Releasing his hand, she pads back towards the doors leading inside. "Well... I'll go pack some things!"
Siara: (Just be like HEY GUYS LET'S PLAY A GAME OF CATCH -flaming sphere-)
DM: (So! Is there anything you guys want before we leave? I'll just dump it all on you and tell you how you got it. xD)
Nanteu: (could you shoot me my CS, plz, Kate?)
Siara: (I've still got my pack, my hammer and my staff, I'm set. Like I said before, I'll ditch the hammer and swap it for a scythe in another level or two)
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... )
DM: (No potions you wanna pick up?)
Kyle: (I could use some oil and a lamp, some ectra oil, and a full stack of arrows, and maybe another lock. Also I want some new armor that is just my left side with a few pieces of plate on my left arm)
Siara: (Not really, I'll just stay behind everyone if there's a fight.)
DM: (If I give you 25 arrows, Kyle, how many does that make in total?)
Kyle: (40)
DM: (okey dokes... and what's the armor gonna do for you?)
Kyle: (Umm.. just have a build in buckler? )
Nanteu: (how many arrows would nan have? she hasn't used any, but she has a composite bow)
DM: (25 arrows, Nanteu)
Kyle: (You got a bow?!)
Nanteu: (Yahuh '>> )
DM: (Sure, Kitt, so +1 to AC?)
Nanteu: (i removed the whip from her CS, so she'd just use unarmed)
Nanteu: (other than that i didn't change anything)
DM: (Rooke has some spare weapons if anyone needs them, heh...)
Nanteu: (and she'll probably just have grab a couple health potions)
Nanteu: grabbed*)
DM: (2 or so?)
Kyle: (Actually I already have a buckler on my left arm, but I just want it to be cool and build in. So I have a armored left arm when firing, and a shoulder-neck guard on the left too)
DM: (All right, so no bonus, just a cosmetic change?)
Nanteu: (2 will do, yup)
Nanteu: (PM'd you about something, kate)
DM: (Which site?)
Nanteu: (ghosts~)
DM: (okey dokes...)
Kyle: (Also a quiver that leads down into a horn would be nice, like for poison arrows )
DM: (Mm'kay...)
DM: (So, that all from you guys? I'll write a massive post while Kitt's on his round)
Siara: (I'm not asking for anything until we get to the next level xD)
DM: (All right... that's gonna be a wee bit. xD)
Kyle: (ROUUUUUUUUND)
Siara: (No worries, just gonna be switching the hammer for a scythe, like I said. A rather special scythe.)
DM: (w!)
Kyle: (Acid flask and Fire flask would be nice and handy a pair or so)
Kyle: (So any idea with Kami will be coming out?)
Siara: (No clue, she was only just released into Beta. Probably not until December, if I had to guess.)
Kyle: <2nd skin?>
Siara: (Also unknown right now, they don't even have the classic splash drawn up)
Siara casts Longstrider and runs like hell from the impending Doom Wall
Kyle: (Kate ya don't got to kill us, we understand we got stuffz from the keep xD )
DM
Rooke accompanies Nanteu to the head wizard's study where they find nobody home. Seeing as Angel left them with mention that they could take whatever they needed and she would deal with any complications, they take two health potions each. Rooke headed off to the kitchen to find some long-lasting supplies that they could take with them, deciding to be the mule of the trip.
Kyle, upon heading to the armory with Angel's directions, finds a burly half-orc woman who continously tells him how skinny he is as she shows him her wares. She seemed to be of the mind that humans were weak creatures and wouldn't stop mentioning it. However, she seems to take a shining to him and offers him two flasks of acid and fire, a full quiver of arrows - the quiver shaped like a horn, and helps him pick out some different pieces of armor and adjust them to fit his physique. She sends him off to a storage room where he finds a lantern and a full flask of oil.
Angel returns to the courtyard where Siara and Raiden are and gives him a large green cloak, saying that it will get cold once they get on the seas. She's dressed as before, but now with her black cape over the top, the hood limp at the back of her neck. She also says that she met an Elite of the Royal guard going to a northern nation called Sturtmok - the ship they were travelling upon leaving in the next two hours. The port is not actually Elmrock Keep itself, but rather a small town called Fraughtton to the east, one and a half hour's walk along the coast.
Once the group is back together, they leave Elmrock Keep and find a farmer with a wagon full of hay that he's taking to Fraughtton and manage to catch a ride. Along the way, Rooke asks Angel how she managed to convince her mother to let her go and Angel simply said her mother didn't mind - that adventure was good for her. Everyone gets the feeling Angel almost seems a little disappointed it is so easy to leave, that her mother wouldn't fight for her to stay, but the disappointment passes quickly as she starts getting a jumpy, excited position.
The kindly farmer drops them off at the docks of Fraughtton, a small place with wharfs that reach out into the sea, well-built from white stone and white wood. The whole place smells of salt and fish and Rooke breathes in deeply, noting it smells like Davenport back home. The town is small, sparsely residential, heavily industrial. Angel starts leading the group up one of the longest wharfs that a large, majestic ship is docked to. ( Similar to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrack) It's made of white wood, so must be of Elmrock origin, and along the side is a title 'Ailosacath' which means 'snow leopard' in Elven.
Standing at the gangplank of the ship, you all see a tall human woman. She's about Rooke's height, has gold hair on the verge of being ginger, and sharp, intelligent blue eyes. Her face is heavily freckled and her nose is strong, lips full. Her brows are rather defined and arched. She is dressed in chainmail, a blue cloak like Kyle's garbing her, but in a softly more subdued hue - darker, slightly more greenish. A few crew members and dock workers pass her, loading crates onto the ship.
"That's Dalen," Angel whispers to the others. "She's one of our Elite rangers."
DM kills everyone.
Siara implodes
Nanteu squeals
Siara nods slowly, not excited to be on open water again, but knowing there's no other way. "How soon do we leave?"
DM: ( http://consejo.bz/Pirates/images/ships/S... )
DM: "Half an hour," Angel replies softly. "Or about that... maybe a bit sooner..."
DM: (*waits for everyone to revive from the post*)
Kyle poses heroicly on the wharfs, his chest puffed out as he looks to the ocean amazed by teh sheer sized; it was something new to him he never seen the ocean before this day. His mind fluttering back to rest of the group as the seagulls let out there cries.- "Oh what wrong with you sour grumps, I thought of all us you would love to get outside and head to new lands? See Angel and Nannytwo are in good spirits why not join us?"
Kyle: (Nothing huge but something? right)
DM: (xD!)
Siara just looks at Kyle with a slight tinge of disgust. "Oh, I'm eager to get to a new land, I just don't relish the thought of having to travel by water to get there. Without the earth, I have nothing to use for spells, should something happen."
Siara: (I guess I could use Wood Shape to pop out some spikes if something DOES happen...)
DM
Rooke glances at Kyle and grins. "I'm not a sour grump," he says and starts moving up the gangplank. "You can always use, like... seaweed." One of the crewmembers stops him, saying he can't come aboard, but Dalen, the Royal Elite, waves the crewman off. She appears to be in her late twenties or early thirties, gaze washing over the members of the group with a slight smirk before her gaze settles on Angel.
"'Fraid I couldn't get you any special privilidges, Princess," she says. She holds a rich accent, not foreign, but rather... country. "Hopefully that won't be a problem, wit your companions guarding you..."
Angel shrugs a little as she walks up the gangplank. "I don't want to be a princess here. Nobody knows, right?"
"Only the captain, and I believe he will keep it that way."
(Awareness checks!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Raiden 26, Siara 16)
Siara: (Alertness OP)
DM: (Over-powered? xD I say!)
Kyle smacks Siara back laughing lightly as he starts to step on board the Ailosacath- "Oh I think the mighty Siara should beable to live one day in my boots. Guess you'll just have to rely on your own strength.. or mine.. heh Come ob let's get on.."
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu shifts her pack, a thumb hooked under each strap of the bag on her back. She takes a long gaze over the ocean and the surrounding scenery, inhaling the salt air. She had crossed long stretches of water a number of times in her life, but this journey would have to be the biggest. And she was excited. Looking to Rooke, she nudges him in the arm with her elbow. "It's not unlike Vilhon's docks, here! All the white. If the buildings were also painted blue, it would be much closer. They aren't as big at home, though," she says, following him up the pank. "We sold mostly fishing equipment and imported clothes and materials."
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle what's going on? ))
Nanteu: (22 with listen)
Kyle: (Umm.. 10?)
DM
Numerous crewmen are up and down the gangplank, carefully avoiding the members of our party so to make sure they won't knock us over with the items they are carrying - crates, boxes, and a few sacks. The main deck of the ship is bustling with activity as the crewmen pile up the luggage they'll be taking and others come up from storage to take the boxes back down. The sails above are being checked by a few men in the rigging and gulls are circling overhead, occasionally swooping down to take a closer look at the going ons.
Nanteu, you think you hear a low, rattling growl. As for Raiden, he smells a cat! He also sees a flash of stripes between two large crates near the banister of the ship, across the deck.
DM: The captain is yet to make an appearance, so he must be in his quarters.
Siara looks down at Raiden, seeing him tense up. "What's wrong, Rai? Is there something- ...oh, it must be a cat, like at home... Come on, don't you think you're above that?"
Nanteu: (well I gtg. half an hour early than expected, but mum wants me to do a few things. you guys can keep going until you reach the island, if you want)
DM: (Aw, bye Nanteu! We won't reach the island today. xD)
DM: (We can assume Rooke took you off to take a look around the ship.)
Nanteu: (okay xD oh also, responded to the PM)(i'll see you's!)
DM: (*waves!*)
Kyle: (byes Shea)
Siara: (Ta)
Nanteu left the chat
Kyle: (Well nows wat do?)
DM: (Look around, ask me stuff, ask Dalen stuff, ask Angel stuff, investigate the cat, look for the Captain... all sortsa stuff.)
DM: Rooke catches Nanteu's hand and smirks. "I've been on one of these ships before... come on!" He grabs up one of the boxes that the crewmen left on the deck and helps toss it down to the men belowdeck before climbing down himself, taking Nanteu with him to explore.
Kyle: (Ahh that's BS!)
Kyle: (Rooke can't have the same Kyle spirit energy!)
Siara grumbles as Raiden barks back at him. "Okay, okay, fine... Go catch the cat. Just don't hurt it." He sighs as Raiden takes off after it. "Honestly..."
DM: (I had to get him gone quickly! He... he... he had a burst of youthful energy!)
DM
Dalen is eyeing Siara up and down, obviously curious as to his heritage seeing as she has lived among elves most of her adult life and is yet to see one that looks so fair as his kind. She smiles a little at him, showing teeth that slightly cross over one another.
Raiden, as you leap towards the cat, squeezing through the two crates, you suddenly find yourself face-to-face with a... big cat. A tiger is sprawled on the deck, licking its paws and washing its face. It stops mid-lick, eyes focused on Raiden before suddenly leaping to its feet and up onto the crate, growling and hissing at him.
Dalen glances over and sighs. "Seems your dog found Hindi... she won't hurt him, I assure you." Cordially, she extends a hand to Siara. "I am Dalen, one of Her Ladyship's Royal Elite Guard. Tindomerel told me already of your name, Siara."
Angel has darted from the others' side, going to the railings to look over the edge, her backpack hanging loosely from one arm and her hair dancing in the breeze.
Kyle youthful energy seem to be stolen by Rooke need to woo Nannytwo, leaving Kyle standing there awkwardly unsure where he should go or what to do. Chewing on his lip while watching Angel chit-chat with Dalen before coming over to pull some of the attention- "So anyidea how long, or dangerous this trip will be Angel? I would love for us to bump into some sea monsters, maybe snag one or two or siren even.." -His grip now resting tightly on the railing as he looks down into the water- "I'm surprised your mother would let ya run off like this after being home so shortly.. Guessing after the King left a part of her did too."
Kyle: (I think I need to start spacing my post out.. it's looking worst)
Siara laughs heartily as the cat becomes a tiger, watching Raiden skitter backwards and out of range. "What did I tell you about chasing cats... You should know better by now, especially like this." He turns back to Dalen and takes her hand with a short, graceful bow. "An honor, I'm sure. This is Raiden, my best friend." He reaches down to pet Raiden comfortingly. "Why don't you say hello, silly?"
Raiden joined the chat
DM: (brb)
Raiden looks up at Siara as he's being petted, then looks to the female called Dalen. "Rauph."
Kyle: (I would have died laughing if you messed up and typed "Hello" for Raiden lol)
DM
Angel glances up at Kyle for a moment, a faint smile on her lips. "I doubt it'll be dangerous, but there are one or two pirate groups that frequent the waters between here and our destination. Chances of running into them are rather slim, though... long... maybe two days? I'm not sure, I've never... never travelled over the sea before."
She licks her lips, glancing back down at the water before looking to Kyle again. "What makes you think my father was ever King?" She watches him for a moment, then returns her gaze to the water, watching a gull land to float on the surface below them. "She and I have never been too close. I suppose the nature of my conception explains that, heh... Don't look at me like that, no, she wasn't raped! She was just... seriously drunk. She doesn't even remember him, only that she met him in Bluetun." She laughs softly and shakes her head. "My brother and sister's father was King and he died two months before my sister was born."
Dalen crouches before Raiden and gently rubs behind his ears. Hindi stays sitting on the crate, looking on in apparent disapproval at her mistress touching such a 'filthy' animal.
Siara: (I made sure to use something else for that exact reason. Would be cool if he starts learning how to speak properly at some point.)
DM: (Hindi was all like http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf... this, then was all like http://www.earthtimes.org/newsimage/asia... "YOU CAUGHT ME BATHING!")
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/siberian-tiger_707_600x450.jpg
http://www.earthtimes.org/newsimage/asian_tiger_12.jpg
Siara looks to the tiger, noting the look of disapproval. "So what's with her? She doesn't look too happy that you're near Raiden."
Kyle: (Funny story.. I was out drinking and playing some video games with my friend and saw something on his arm. As a medical guy I knew it to be a scar and asked him about it. He then pulled up his sleeve casually- "Ya man, I have little feeling in my bottom two fingers in this hand, my arm got attacked by a tiger." I was like WTF?)
Kyle: (Turned out he wasn't lieing he use to work in a zoo and one of the tigers jumpped on him xD So now I know a guy that has been attack by a tiger)
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (Wow, creepy! xD!)
Kyle repeated the word outloud calmly trying to piece together some fragments. He didn't mean to pick such a touchy subject but he had bad habit of stumbling across them.- "Bluetun.. You mean to tell me.. Hold up do you know your father, or is it just a odd chance that Deacon is from another plane and happens to be in the same town... Huh.."
DM
"She doesn't like dogs," Dalen says with a smirk, continuing to rub behind Raiden's ears and around his neck. She glances up to Siara, her cloak fanning out about her on the deck as she crouches with the dog. "She'll get over it... won't let me touch her until I've washed my hands, but she'll only keep up this snotty brat routine for a wee while. So long as Raiden here doesn't bother her, she may even be a bit friendlier towards him."
She straightens up, adjusting her chainmail to be comfortable as she stares levelly at Siara. "So are you a wizard?" she asks, then eyes his tail and smiles a bit. "No... no wizard. Druid?"
DM: Angel is quiet for a moment, then just stares at Kyle. At first, it's a blank look, then it turns to disbelief. "If-..." She stops and thinks for a moment, then relief washes over her face. "No, no, that couldn't work. From what Nateshk said, Tarn accidentally brought him here within the past few years... if Tarn's a young dragon, he can't be much older than you or me, so he wouldn't have known such a spell as a child from 0-8 years old... no, not possible."
Siara smirks over at the tiger. "If only you knew, kitty. If only you knew..." He nods slowly, flicking his tail as she notices it. "Yes, I'm a druid. Not very strong yet, but I'm learning and growing as I go."
DM
Dalen bobs her head in a friendly nod. "I used to have a druid in my squad, my older half-brother, in fact... not much of a fighter, but terrifying when it came to using magic. That... Entangle thing was pretty amazing, but very unpredictable. More times often than not it would capture both sides instead of only our opponents... fun when all your opponents have ranged weapons and you do not." She chuckles softly.
Hindi bounces off the crate and majestically strolls over to sit at Dalen's heel. As Dalen said, Hindi won't allow her to touch her, jerking her head aside when her mistress moves to touch the top of her head, flaring her nostrils in disgust. A bratty sneer and display of teeth is given to Raiden, but no growl.
DM: brb
Kyle rubs the back of his neck looking off into nothing, letting the air sit still before speaking.- "Just saying the chances of all that lining up is slim, but with this unknown spell, time travel, dragon's and devils ages.. You can never be to sure. Just saying I would check it out." Leaning forward with one hand on the rail the other playing with one of points of her horns- "But who knows, intill you ask? Well atleast it seems Siara making friends, that's new.. Wonder what they're talking about.."
Siara grins. "Ah, Entangle... The most useful spell I've learned thus far on my journey, and will no doubt remain one of the most useful until I die. I would like to meet him someday and share my knowledge with his." He glances down when Hindi moves to dodge from Dalen's hand. With a playful grin, he looks around for a moment to make sure everyone else is out of earshot, then leans in close and whispers to Dalen, hoping that Hindi will be able to hear it too. "...He's not really a dog. She's getting upset over nothing."
DM: (back, and I have 10 mins!)
Kyle: (That's cool, leaves me with.. 3 hours to do something.. bleh)
DM
Angel glances back towards Siara and smiles a little before glancing back to Kyle. "I guess I will have to now that you've brought it up... but next time. I'm sure someone would have mentioned Deacon was a tiefling when the others were looking in the tavern for leads... just a glimpse of him says he's no tiefling, either that or he hides his... taint very well. He should have at least smelled a little funny, and for a tiefling he would be very... charismatic seeing as how he managed to catch Siara's attention in there so well."
(Yeah... sorry, trust me, I'd stay up if I could! But I can't...)
Dalen leans in as Siara does so, mirroring him. For a moment, she looks curious, then she breaks into a wide grin. "Well, you fooled her, so I'm impressed if he truly is not a dog. He definitely smells and looks like one..." She leans back, brushing her short hair from her face. "As for my brother... 'fraid you can't meet him. He's dead. He was killed in a gnoll raid when we were clearing out one of the forts up in the mountains." She speaks of it as if it were a long time ago, but you can still see pain in her eyes at the memory. "Still... I have one of his books back home. When we return, I can let you take a look through and see if there's anything of use to you."
DM: Hindi heard, but obviously did not understand. She continues shooting ugly glares at Raiden.
Kyle: (Spot check!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (8, damn )
DM: (On what? xD)
Kyle: (Tindo rear)
DM: (It's a nice rear)
Siara: (............typical.)
Kyle: (No I think she may be hiding a tail maybe.. I just never thought of it)
DM: (... do NOT do a search roll... *cringes*)
Kyle: (>,> I said rear not butt, or ass.. I seriously think she may have a tail)
Siara: (I can see that now. "-gropes around Tindo's rear-" "GET OUT OF HERE PERV INFLICT SERIOUS WOUNDS")
DM: (xD!!! Investigation!)
Kyle: (Investigation roll? )
DM: (Gather Info, or Search? xD)
Siara: (Search. I dare you.)
DM: (I'm laughing harder than I should...)
Kyle: (You can't dare me, you know I will then.. so it's not much of a dare)
Kyle: (SEARCH!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (oh dear... xD!!)
Kyle: (21 hot damn)
DM: (yeah, that's a pass... and you uhm... you find there is no tail.)
Siara: (It's like double reverse psychology.)
DM: (Write your post, I'll respond, then I must go!)
Siara 's gaze softens. "My apologies for your loss, I didn't know. I wouldn't ask you to do anything that brings you pain, but if it's not too much trouble, I would greatly enjoy a look at a book that a fellow druid kept. As for Raiden..." He looks down, grinning as Raiden looks up at him with a doggy grin. "...I'll tell you how it happened later, when we're out of range of my companions. It would take too long to tell here."
Kyle gets alittle rocky as teh boat moves slightly, seeming to throw Kyle wildly off his feet as he stumbles into Angel- "Opp.. sorry, still getting my sea legs and all that.." -He says checking for any wrapped tails, he never even thought about till she spoke more of the taint and he couldn't help his curioustiy.- "As for Decon, who says he is a tiefling, from another plane would mean something darker.. Like Devils, and Deamons I thought.."
DM: "I would be intrigued," Dalen replies, genuinely meaning it. She smiles, then manages to touch Hindi's ear before the tiger recoils and stalks off in a huff. "Perhaps I could arrange for us to share one of the bunk rooms, that way there is a bit more privacy for such a conversation."
Kyle: (GO GET'EM VEX!)
Siara: (Putting that Charisma to good use)
DM: Angel is startled as Kyle stumbles into her, his hands patting over her rear. She's not certain if it's intentional or not but blushes all the same, the corners of her mouth twitching in a smile as she looks away. "I am a tiefling... not a fiend. Tieflings are born from a bond between human and devil, not actual... relations. Tieflings turned into a race when there became so many of these 'bonded' humans." She snaps her head back to face him and gives him a curious, slightly entertained expression. "Did you just frisk me?"
DM: (leaving it on that awfully awkward note...)
DM: (I must go!)
Kyle: (cya)
Siara nods. "That would be excellent, if you could arrange for that." He lifts his hand, closing it into a fist for a moment, then opening it to reveal a small, perfect, thornless rose that could easily be woven into long hair. "For the lovely lady, a small token of appreciation, with which to adorn her lovely hair."
Siara: (There, NOW you can go.)
DM: (I'll be back after my bath to collect any history you guys leave... xD *collects that!*)
DM: (Aw... you're gonna have Dalen eating out of your hand before her tiger!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 am by Kate Orchix

Session 20 (19th November, 2012)


DM: Vex, gimme a quick description of how you remember Dalen in your minds' eye without referring back ot history
Raiden: Oh, uh...
DM: Don't need to be eloquent, just spit it out. xD
Raiden: Dalen. Typically elven, tall and slender, with long hair similar to Siara's
DM: Colors?
Raiden: Jet black
DM: Eyes?
Raiden: An elf with black hair? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY
Raiden: Eyes were deep, beautiful brown, almost hazel
DM: Wow... this is like... the mirror of what I put. xD!
DM: Like... standing behind the mirror
DM: Proof! Need a picture, or they change! xD
DM: This is the original: Standing at the gangplank of the ship, you all see a tall human woman. She's about Rooke's height, has gold hair on the verge of being ginger, and sharp, intelligent blue eyes. Her face is heavily freckled and her nose is strong, lips full. Her brows are rather defined and arched. She is dressed in chainmail, a blue cloak like Kyle's garbing her, but in a softly more subdued hue - darker, slightly more greenish. A few crew members and dock workers pass her, loading crates onto the ship.
Raiden: Same or opposite? "Mirror" can mean both.
DM: Standing behind the mirror... can't see a reflection at all. xD
Raiden: So sorta both.
Raiden: Oh xD
DM: Interesting none-the-less... I may take parts of your description instead.
Raiden: Well even with a description, my mind always fucks up the image
Kyle: (Oh I don't want to play the memory game)
DM: She'll be human, slightly elven in appearance, but her nose is too strong, so maybe looks a bit more like a half-elf. I like the freckles, so she can keep those... Hair, I decided it'd be short around the face but long towards the back... I'll go for black like you described because I think it suits her personality more. As for eyes... brown, why not? There, that'll do... *starts savign history!*
Kyle: (Funny thing is when you say she has a accent I think of Fiona frenchness)
DM: (Don't worry about the memory game! This was just to see how Vex saw her. I read a lot of character descriptions in books and stuff and end up 'editing' them to fit how I want to see it. French accent!? xD!!! No, more... country, slightly southern american! Not quite so much, but it's obvious!)
DM: (Shea, you still here? Do you want to write out what Nanteu and Rooke have been up to? Exploring? Helping the crew load boxes? Or chatting? Or something else?)
Kyle: (What so Vex ends up with the good ol' country girl? I don't think he knows what he's getting into then)
DM: (She's from the lake lands of Elmrock. xD They're an odd bunch. Weird history around that area.)
Nanteu: (You can start off with Rooke.. '>>)
DM: (All right!)
DM: (Kyle, you have Angel asking if you frisked her, Siara, I'll post a reply in a moment!)
Raiden: (Uggggggh, this is going to take forever)
DM: (Wait your turn! xD)
Kyle advert his eyes holding his hands up and out to side scoffing at her claims- "Frisk you? Why would I even do that? I ju.. just lost my balance you know I've never been on a boat this size before, it just a.. ahh foolish stumble on my part I'm sorry." -His mind jumping trying to jump to something else as his hand rapidly tried to seek shelter in his pockets- "Wow would ya look at that! Seems Siara putting the moves on tiger girl, it's good to see him talking to others."
Kyle: (What are you waiting on?)
Kyle: (Kate you on FB?)
Raiden: (No, not this, I mean this hack process. There are so many codes. I know which numbers change which part of the game, but there's so many. It's a math nightmare D; )
DM
Rooke takes Nanteu off down into the hold, exploring the storage areas before gently guiding her with a hand on her shoulder towards the bunk rooms. Upon entering one, he chuckles slightly. You don't even need to guess what at - he's looking at the bunks. There are two bunks to each cramped little room and a swinging hammock above each bunk, so in total four people fit into one tiny room. Beneath the bunks are strapped drawer-sets with locks on them so they won't slide out during storms.
"Wonder how this trip will pan out... hopefully it'll be short enough we don't have to sleep, because I don't like the look of those hammocks..."
~ ~ ~
Dalen looks in curiosity at Siara's hand as he clenches it into a fist... then opens it to reveal a beautiful rose. She stares at it for a moment before Siara extends it out to her and a slight smile spreads across her features. "A token of appreciation?" she echoes before accepting the rose, the grin growing into a wide smile. She gently tucks the rose into her hair, bringing around the longer lengths of her hair so the rose has something to cling to rather than the shorter lengths framing her face.
"Thank you very much, Siara," she says softly, still giving him that smile as she starts to turn away. "I'll speak to the Captain... I'm sure he won't object to us taking up one of his rooms, both with Raiden and Hindi, of course..."
DM: (Kyle, do a bluff roll. xD)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle: (BITCHIN)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (You win. xD Angel believes you. Lucky you...)
Raiden: (I was looking forward to seeing Angel backhand him, darn)
Raiden changed name to Siara
Kyle: (And I was looking forward to you speaking in dog for a long post)
Siara bows gracefully once more with a grin. "I shall see you tonight then, if not sooner." He gives her a playful wink, then turns and strolls casually, happily, over to Kyle and Angel, Raiden close on his heels. "Having fun, you two?~♫"
Siara: (I really should just turn Raiden anthro so then it's justified if I botch it.)
DM
Angel lets the subject drop, something in her expression changing for a moment before she quickly also changes the subject with Kyle, her eyes on Siara. "She likes him," she notes with a slight smile. Tilting her head slightly, she glances towards Kyle. "Y'know, my brother once gave me a book on body gestures and postures... body language. It was really interesting..."
She motions lightly with her finger towards Dalen as she walks away. "See? Keeps brushing her hair out of her eyes or touching her cloak. She's not embra-" She stops abruptly and attempts to give Siara an innocent expression as he approaches. "Hiiiii..."
DM: (SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?)
Kyle laughs even more nervously hearing where the subject could be going, lucky for him though Siara timing couldn't be more perfect.- "Oi, ya ya what fun, nothing is happening over here.. Now you, look that we got another pet handler on board and your already baiting her. Good job, I've noticed since that last encounter you've really been on the ball. First that crossbow trick, and vines, and now even with the ladies. You surely outdone me.." -He says with a goofy smile trying to edge Siara into taking the spotlight away from himself
Kyle: (No one can see through that bluff, it's solid gold!)
Siara chuckles, patting Kyle's shoulder. "Do keep in mind, I've had eighty years to practice. Maybe I'll teach you how I do it someday." He looks between Kyle and Angel, curious as to what transpired between them while he was talking to/flirting with Dalen, but decides against asking, and looks around more. "Where's Rooke and Nanteu?"
Kyle: (I love how I always get my Nat 20 at the perfect times)
Nanteu can't help but wonder how any four people could fit in such cramped quarters comfortably, then spots the two beds, casting a glance at Rooke. "We could always take a bed.. I mean, not together! There are two of them here, we could just.. sleep.. opposite.. each other. Not in the same.. Y'know what? I'm just going to shut up now."
Nanteu: (sorry, bro needed to check something)
DM
Rooke stares at Nanteu before uttering a chuckle. He sits on the edge of one of the beds, then brings his legs up and lies down, shuffling against the wall to see how much room would be left - obviously not much. Still lying down, he turns his head on the pillow and grins at Nanteu. "You could always sleep on my chest..." It's obvious he's just teasing her for her slip-up, but he continues to play on it. "Then again, you could take the hammock above and if anything happens during the night you could... land on my chest."
~ ~ ~
"Just saw them take off down belowdecks," Angel replies to Siara. She grins a little and scratches behind her neck. "Was he really massaging her back when I came into the courtyard...?"
Siara crosses his arms over his chest, pointing to Kyle. "You'd have to ask him. I was resting, not really paying attention to anything."
Kyle nibbles on his nails looking around then pointing off to the side somewhere- "I believe those two love birds are down in the gully, feeding the birds, or something. I really never try to follow Rooke. Though Angel you have anyidea what room we're sleeping in? I really need to dump off my pack, last thing I need is to get knocked over board with all this metal weighting me down."
Nanteu clears her throat with a low grunt, hands fumbling with one of the spikes of her armour. She stops and stares at him for a long moment, perplexed, before noticing he looks faintly amused, and leans over to whack him lightly in the arm. "Stop making fun of me!," she laughs. "I'm not good at this."
DM
"No clue," Angel says with a little shrug. "I don't know nothing anymore..." She gives a theatrical wave of her hand along the coastline towards Elmrock Keep in the far distance. "This is out of my knowledge-area now! I guess we should find the captain or something...? Or wait for Dalen, here she comes."
Dalen approaches, Hindi lazily stalking behind her as they approach the group. Dalen curtly stops beside Siara, still standing tall and her cloak swishing behind her. Hindi sits behind her and looks up at the back of Dalen's head as she starts to talk. "Siara... I have arranged for us to share a bunkroom and your companions will be sharing a room together, two beds, two hammocks." She turns her gaze on Angel and smiles softly. "You said you wanted no special treatment, princess... you'll soon what that's like."
Angel smiles a little. "Good! Looking forward to it... so, where...?"
Dalen motions them after her with her hand. "Follow me... there are no locks on the doors, but there are locks on the drawers beneath the beds, so... here is a key for the room you'll have." She hands Kyle a small key, then starts heading belowdecks.
DM: Rooke laughs and rolls off the bed, getting to his feet and again shouldering his pack. "You're fine, and I get what you mean. Come on... the others should have stopped chatting it up on deck by now, surely we'll be getting underway soon..."
Siara nods happily. "That is most excellent. Lead the way, fair Dalen~" He follows her, his expression light and joyful, his tail waving in delight. He seems to be having a lot more fun than he's ever had with the party before.
Kyle hand grips the key tightly holding it up and feeling the cool touch iron.- "Now that's serves.." -Following Dalen down to the small rooms, he couldn't help but fall a few steps as he thought of the bedding.- "Two beds, and two hammocks sounds kinda homey. Guess that means Nannytwo and Angel will be getting beds and me and Rooke get the hammocks. Sounds like home.."
Nanteu pokes her head out of the doorway, spotting the others as they meander down the stairs and through the hall. "Hello!," she chirps.
DM
"Why do you guys get the hammocks?" Angel says with a smirk, her voice slightly whiny.
Dalen stops as Nanteu greets them and looks into the room where Rooke still is. "Ah, seems you already found your room..." She steps aside in the narrow hallway, allowing Kyle and Angel to pass her. "Now, this isn't a luxury cruiser, the captain says, so there will be no breakfast in bed, you'll get the same rations as everyone else, and if you're sick, you clean it up yourself." She smiles a little, then takes another key from her pocket and drops it lightly into Siara's fingers. "Welcome aboard theAilosacath."
Angel squeezes past Dalen, Nanteu, and Kyle and into the room, staring up at the low ceiling and the cramped environment. With a grin, she climbs up one one of the beds and attempts to scramble up into the hammock above it...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (Total fail.)
DM: She is spun around by the hammock and crashes down on the bed. Still, she's not troubled by it and just grins before sitting on the bed and tugging her pack off.
DM: (Kitt's on his round)
Nanteu: (Aw. She's so innocent xD)
DM: Dalen turns her attention to Siara. "As for our room..." She gently touches his shoulder before heading off further down the hallway to another room. It still has no lock on the door, the same as every other bunkroom, but the door appears heavy enough to block out a fair amount of sound. She opens it for Siara and moves to allow him inside - Hindi quickly leaps ahead and jumps on one of the beds, curling up in a big ball of striped fur to glare at Raiden.
DM: (Angel's too excited to have anything bring her down at the moment!)
Siara looks at the key for half a second before repeating the name softly. "Ailosacath..." He steps aside quickly so he's not run over by Hindi, then steps in slowly, taking a seat on the other bed and petting Raiden as he jumps up as well. "That's a powerful name. Does it have a meaning?"
DM: Dalen steps in after him and pushes the door shut, but not quite closed. She smiles as she perches on the edge of the bunk Hindi has taken up. Hindi shuffles over just enough to let Dalen lounge against the tiger's belly, her arms comfortably resting one on Hindi's head, the other on Hindi's leg. "You should know if you speak elf," she says with a smile. "Still... I find elven words mixed with common always get someone confusing. It means 'Snow Leopard' in your tongue." She absently strokes Hindi's ears, the tiger's glare lessening as her eyes start to squint shut in a satisfied smile.
DM: (*somewhat, not someone)
Nanteu leans against the frame of the door as she watches Angel flop onto the bed, and attempts to hide a grin, and a grimace. As if to distract herself, she prods Kyle in the shin with the toe of her boot and shrugs innocently, obviously trying to find something to amuse herself while they wait.
Nanteu: "You should have a go of the hammock, now, Kyle," she chuckles.
Nanteu: (forgot the blue..)
Siara shrugs, sticking out his tongue playfully. "I really should know, but it's worth more just to hear you speak~♫" He opens the drawer and tucks his pack into it, locking it and pocketing the key before looking at Dalen again. "So what would you like to talk about while we wait? I could tell you Raiden's story, or if there's something else to discuss..."
Kyle
"Oh course we get the hammocks, gir.. Hey!" -He starts to explain as Angel rushes by and tumbles off the hammock into the bedding below like a drunken monkey.- "That's the plan Nannytwo, then again would be interesting to see her fall out in the middle of the night... Let's put this stuff elsewhere now."
Kyle would say moving about the cabin finding the storage area and stuffing his bag full of equipment in now resting on a knee, before closing it- "Hey you want me to throw your stuff in here too Nannytwo or Angel?"
Siara: (I wish I could be this charismatic irl. I'm not an awkward penguin, I'm just not that smooth.)
DM
Dalen softly smiles, obviously enjoying Siara's flirtations. "Raiden's story sounds like it might be quite interesting..." She glances up as the room suddenly shifts and a bell starts to toll. "Ah, the ship must be leaving now... I am happy to talk about Raiden's past, but I can wait if you wish to go above deck to watch."
~ ~ ~
"That'd be cool," Angel says, waiting a moment so Kyle can see she's going to toss her relatively small pack at him. She throws it to him and then stands up to again try to climb up into the hammock. Rooke sits down on the edge of the opposite bed so he won't be in danger of having Angel fall on top of him.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (I had the same problem, and the trick is just don't care, seriously remove yourself mentally and just go. )
DM: (Yeah, she just ain't no monkey)
DM: (... then ya end up getting slapped!)
Kyle: (That's not true, I've never been slapped. You just got to be bold, women love that.)
DM: (True.)
Siara: (Some women. xD)
DM: (I like bold guys.)
Kyle: (Also never ask the prettiest girl out if they are in a pack, as the one next to her, then the pretty one will want you.)
DM: (... bold, with an 'o')
Nanteu also notices the bell tolling, so she slides off her pack and passes it to Kyle so he can stash it away. Excitedly, she snatches Rooke's hand in hers and pulls him onto his feet with surprisingly little effort, towing him down the hall and towards the stairs.
Nanteu: (My bf slapped me once. We were fooling around, and it was really unexpected, so I punched him '>>)
Nanteu: (You guys are such players.. xD)
Siara shakes his head. "Nah, not really interested in watching the port disappear. I'd be more interesting in watching the waves later." He props his feet up on the bed, scratching behind Raiden's ears. "It was almost fifty years ago..."
Kyle: (Sadly it works, )
Siara: (Should we do this part in pc and add it under the spoiler tag later?)
Nanteu: (And by fooling around I mean joking.. not like.. stuff.. if you thought that.)
DM: (Sure. You're gonna be doing most of the talking, so go ahead and get started. xD I'll save it in my history here but skip posting it to the net for a while. I'll watch and add in the odd comment. xD)
DM: Rooke grins as he's tugged along by Nanteu, enjoying the fact that she seems to want to drag him everywhere and isn't afraid to spend some more time with him. As they clamber up out onto the deck, they both have a bit of trouble keeping their balance. Water sprays over the railings in light films and Rooke moves to the railing to watch the waves kick up from under the ship and leave a wake behind them of foamy seawater. The docks are rapidly fading away, a good wind in the proud sails above.
Kyle catches both the girls packs thinking it was ironic they were lighter then his own, but he was always a pack rat.- "Huh, though you girls would bring a bit more.. I know I like to be prepared for anything, can never carry too many arrows, and tools." After safely storing the items he would stand up moving over to where Angel was climbing giving her a quick push with both hands helping her up before laying down into the bed staring up- "Alright, if you want the hammock be my guess.. Just means my nights are easier and come with a view.. Then again, these 'beds' are little more then a bed roll.."
Kyle: (xD And thanks for clearing that up Shea I just laughed and thought you were being 'bold' haha)
Nanteu: (I was afraid someone might have thought so xD)
DM: (I once slapped my friend... he was being really annoying and snuck up behind me to whisper at me, so in my surprise I turned around and slapped him! His brother cheered me on.)
Kyle: (In America 'fooling around' the term used most for teenagers trying to say they are innocent so ya.. <,< )
DM: (Here in NZ, it's the same way Shea said it, but we all have to be careful saying it now that there's more American influence here. xD)
Kyle: (Wooo! AMERICA FUK YA)
Nanteu: (We don't beat about the bush when it comes to mentioning if we've.. done stuff. We just.. say it. Straight out. Most of us, anyway.. Okay, well, bogans mostly xD)
Kyle: (Bogans?)
Kyle: (Vex also 3/2/9 Lulu I gave first blood but we won)
Siara: (Nice nice)
Nanteu: (Oh, umm.. Like.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan )
DM
"Don't stare at my butt!" Angel warns him as she carefully adjusts herself in the hammock, trying to roll over. "Whoa..." She holds on tightly, waiting for the hammock to stop wobbling before she eases herself into a lying/sitting position. As interested as she is in seeing the ship underway, she seems enraptured by the swaying of the hammock. She grins, pausing before suddenly turning her head to try and stare at Kyle through the gaps in the knotted hammocks' fabrics.
"'Come with a view'?" she echoes, one of her horns propping through the holes of the hammock.
Nanteu: (I can't believe there's a whole wiki page dedicated to describing what a 'bogan' is..)
DM: (Just saw a tui and blackbird fighting on the fence outside... seriously, tui's are the pirates of the bird world!)
DM: (Vex, can you send me the link again? I keep losing it!)
Siara: (http://us6.chatzy.com/51032852874485 )
DM: (So, anyone posting?)
Nanteu clutches the railing with one hand, the other still attached to Rooke's; her fingers threaded through the gaps between his. Despite the rocking, she looks peaceful, even content, and closes her eyes against the growing breeze, her red hair puffing up around her face.
Nanteu: (Yup)
Kyle eyes would be claps shut as he silently listen to waves and rocked back and forth lightly. - "You need not worry princess I am of no ill-manner of such a man... I was just jesting with you Angel.. Hmm" -He would still just be laying there with his eyes barely fluttering open hearing her speak up again- "View? Oh nothing, I was just saying all this wood and no windows.. The only thing I got to look at is the roof, or in this case you." -A wiry grin spreading as he closes his eyes again waiting for the boat to get moving
Kyle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
DM: (... pffft!)
Kyle: (Vex https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... )
Kyle: (Also did you notice in the first Star Wars movies the light sabers color where the name as the Tri-force from Zelda? Red for power, Blue for Wisdom, and Green for courage )
Siara: (Wow, you're finding this stuff out so late xD)
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden changed name to Siara
Kyle: (Cause I have a social life? Ohhhh)
Kyle: (round)
Siara: (Yes you do, and I don't actually care. You know I hate people.)
DM
Rooke is more interested in Nanteu's behaviour than the ocean, quite suddenly. He watches her and their hands threaded together, then up to her face, watching her hair dance about her in the breeze. His gaze returns to their hands, wondering what Nanteu is thinking. He sways lightly on his feet with the movement of the ship.
~ ~ ~
Angel continues peering at him through the hammock before lightly snorting. She watches him with his eyes closed, then snickers. She leans over him, her face above his, a few feet away still, and opens her mouth... a string of drool dangling above Kyle's face, oh-so-delicately only held aloft by a string of salavia. She grunts to get his attention in the hopes of freaking him out and realizing that the view might not be all he's getting an eyeful of.
Siara: (Oh my gods xD)
Kyle: (major wtf moment so princess like, finishing round!)
Nanteu: (Hahaha!)
Siara: (Kyle = -__- --> -___o --> O___O )
DM: (xD!!)
Kyle quietly keeps to himself waiting for Angel to draw still but instead hears her grunt. Strange that she would grunt but maybe she was finally rested ontop and settling; needless he slowly opens a single eyelid to sneak a peak where she might lie. To his shock though there she hung over one side delicately balanced with.. a string of drool?! With a quick shout he would kick upwardly at her bottom spinning the hammock out to one side out of reflex!
Nanteu cocks her head to the side, one eye peering open at Rooke curiously with her owl-like eye. "What?," she says softly, happily beaming at him, her hand still readily attached to his own.
Kyle: (Nannytwo getting the Titanic experience, Siara gets a private room, and I'm getting drool on xD I want to trade.)
DM: (By a princess! Royal drool!)
DM: (Kyle IS having the girls drool all over him...)
Siara: (Technicalities)
Kyle: (Vex why is Lulu so good?)
Siara: (Because Faedle girls rule all of existence)
Kyle: (I hate elfs, love tree creatures, nature spirits and Fae things.. so odd)
DM
Rooke softly shrugs, smiling at her. "Just trying to figure out what you're thinking," he says. He glances down at their joined hands before lifting them together. "For example... this. Heh, I'm not complaining, but still... sure you want to be doing this?" He watches her, obviously enjoying the moment, but too hung-up on the history he shared with her only yesterday... not that it would have stopped him once upon a time.
~ ~ ~
Angel squeals, the drool flinging off to some corner of the room as she flails from the hammock. She attempts to catch herself, but as she falls, she twists, and with a sudden thwock, smacks down onto Kyle, one of her horns thudding into his collar bone. Thankfully, it isn't that sharp, but it's still enough to bruise Kyle and cause his skin to turn a funny, blotchy color. Angel glances up, holding her horn - it appeared to have hurt her somewhat too. "Oh, gods... are you okay!?"
DM: (Elves are snooty things!)
Kyle: (Like Vex?)
Siara: (I don't think that I'm better than everyone, I can't be a snooty elf)
Kyle: (I love how this boat ride has become the love boat, where the heck is Siara?)
Siara: (I'm in the room with Dalen, talking about me and Raiden's history)
DM: (They're totally pashing up.)
Siara: (Also, it looks like the ward skins will be making a permanent comeback)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (Hey you!)
Nanteu: (I'm getting kicked off. dad needs to do some stuff, and I wasn't going to be back later. sorry guys. this was unexpected D: )
DM: (Aw, that's okay. Rooke can keep chatting with you.)
DM: (I'll give you a quick summary of anything that happens while you're gone next time we play!)
Kyle cringed feeling the blunt object jab into his collar bone, causing him to bite his lip and roll to that side with Angel weight still ontop of him- "Ahhh! Damn, that hurt! Worst then actually being stabbed, out of all places the bone.. Mmm.." -Gritting his teeth momentary before pulling down that part of his shirt looking at the bruise- "Ya.. I'm fine, but why in the world were you drooling? Thought I looked that tasty or is it a tiefing thing? Heh.." -Coughing and laughing with pain at the same time
Kyle: (No problem we're not doing anything important it seems anyways xD)
Nanteu: (i'll see you guys next week i guess? kate probably tomorrow.)(okay, thanks ill just read up when im on again)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Well... we were getting there, but there's only so much you can do on a boat! Fishing...)
DM
"I was just being stupid!" Angel says, grinning a bit. She glances down at Kyle, then starts easing herself off him until she's in a kneeling position next to him. "Hey, lemme take a look..." She gently brushes his hands aside and examines the bruising. As she does so, she talks quietly. "I was annoying my brother once when I was about five years old... kept tapping him on the shoulder and then trying to look innocent. Finally, he got me back by picking me up, planting me on the floor, and licking my eyeballs. Creepiest thing ever, but I've been a dirty fighter since."
She smirks at Kyle. "Want to keep this, or should I heal it up for you?"
Kyle: (Vex what level are we on EE?)
Siara: (23 and... I think I'm up to 27. Why, is Corey on?)
Kyle: (On FB)
Siara: (Have him message me on skype or something, I can get on)
DM: ('Bout time to bring the groups back together soon... assume Rooke and Nanteu headed up to the bow of the ship and doing some sorta sea-gull-Titanic impersonation or something!)
Kyle grins laying farther back giving her time then pulls his collar up and shaking his head- "No I should be fine.. Can't get too reliant on those magical bandages, otherwise I may turn into softy like Siara heh.." -Grunting a sliding his back to sit up straight, and glancing around the empty room again. He wondered how many times this would happen, was Siara and Nanteu doing this on purpose or was it just a joke? Etherway, the dull pain would have him rubbing it lightly subconsciously now.- "And that is a strange brother.. So I'm guessing your whole family is this weird. Hey so Angel while we're alone.. Ugg. Anychance your like.. I don't know, pre-destine with someone, or married type of thing for the kingdom and all that?"
DM
"Aw, no... he was the nutter of the family," Angel says with a smirk. "I just ended up like him more than anyone else, I guess." She moves to move over Kyle so as to get off the bed, but stops when he asks his question and grins, instead sitting against the wall, her knees to her chest and feet on the edge of the bed. "Uhhhhm...." She grins, then rubs at the base of the horn that smacked Kyle. "No...? Do you think I would have gotten away from the palace so easily if I was?"
A smirk crosses her face and she glances towards the door, obviously looking for any other member of the group. "What about you? Got a lady friend back home in... Chessmark?"
Kyle: "Umm.. funny story actually, but no I've been to Chessmark, and the crag I lived in didn't have much in the way of pretty girls." Throwing his head back with a dull thud as it hits the hull of the boat, in some form atonement.- "I kinda live on 'near' Chessmark but I've never seen the walls even, just heard all the stories from the hunters passing through and getting ready, our swamp was pretty pack once with some valuable kin. But ya, that's.. interesting to know about you Angel. Where is Siara actually, or Nannytwo for that matter? I swear it's like they keep doing this on purpose I think..."
Siara: (So is Corey just gonna ignore me? xD)
Kyle: (IDK where on FB?)
Siara: (I said to have him message me on skype xD)
DM
(After much discussion and stuff! ....) "I imagine your companions are searching for you by now," Dalen says to Siara, not in a dismissive manner, but rather just taking note. "How long have you been travelling with them?"
~ ~ ~
"Doing this on purpose?" Angel watches him for a moment, then laughs. "What? Leaving you alone with me? Am I that scary?" She smirks and puts her fingers at the tips of her horns as if pretending the horns are a bit longer and sharper as she curls her fingers downwards. She drops her hands into her lap and smirks at him a little. "What's it like to think that... that you're from another world? Another dimension? Has it even sunk in yet?"
Kyle: (Sense Motive)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (What are you sensing motive on?)
Siara thinks for a moment. "Ah, how long has it been... A week, possibly two? We all sorta fell together after the memory lapse that affected the kingdom, so it hasn't been very long." He slowly extends a hand down for Hindi to sniff.
DM: Dalen nods softly. "Her Ladyship informed me of the nature of your... dilemma," she says. "How you are now in another world than your own. It must be intriguing at the same time it is frightening..." Her wide smile plays across her features. Hindi sniffs gingerly at Siara's hand, snorts, and makes her way to Raiden to loom over him and sniff at the top of his ears.
Kyle: (If she was lieing or hiding anything? idk)
DM: (Nope, hiding nothing, being honest. You can sense she is a little nervous, same as you are, at being left alone to chat, but also slightly intrigued with the freedom of getting to chat with him again.)
Siara nods. "It is indeed. I want to go home, but at the same time... I don't. This is, quite literally, a whole new world for me to learn and explore. If and when a way home is found, I'll have so many stories to tell."
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden flicks his ears gently as Hindi sniffs them, leaning up to nuzzle against her in a gesture of friendship.
Siara joined the chat
Kyle acts frighten by holding his hands up to protect his face- "Terrifying Angel, I would hate to think what your spittle could have done. Perhaps it was acidic, or you were trying to gore me to death with blunt objects." Then placing his face in hands rubbing away at nothing as he though about her question.- "I really haven't thought about it.. I guess it would be unnerving to most but.. I really didn't have much back home. I mean this is best I've been ever.. Real armor, going across the seas, traveling with a real princess.. It's just like in the stories and books." -Shaking his head looking back up to her with a alluring gaze.- "It's the best thing that happen in my life."
Kyle: (Man I feel cliche )
DM
Dalen makes a motion with her hand as if offering Siara something. "Why not stay here? You said you were looking for a new start, a new life... I would not make such a decision quickly in your shoes, but... there is now a possibility, I believe." She lets her hand land back in her lap and gives a shrug before slowly standing to her feet and removing the cloak from her shoulders. She drapes it over the top of the hammock above the bed she had been sitting on.
"Would you like some dinner? They serve up in the mess hall at dusk, which shouldn't be more than an hour off..."
Hindi snorts and slaps her tongue over Raiden's face, almost smothering him with the sheer size of her mouth before quickly moving off towards the door. Obviously she's on her way to go wash her mouth out with a different taste than dog, plainly disgusted.
~ ~ ~
Angel smiles a little, letting one leg straighten out so it isn't held against her chest. "Well, technically, the title is all I have in terms of 'princessyness'... What about your family?" she asks. "Don't you miss them?"
DM: (Haha! Does sound it when Kyle puts it that way...)
Kyle: (Well I'm sorry I wasn't thinking this character was going to background check tonight)
DM: (xD! I'm enjoying it none-the-less!)
DM: (It's actually nice just 'chatting' in-game... can't do this all the time, of course! We need pirates or vampiric sea turtles or something soon!)
Siara looks down. "I have considered that possibility. It would be quite the adventure, I'm sure. But there's that sense of familiarity with my own world that I long for. I'll have to think on it for a while. As for dinner... sure, why not?" He stands with a flourish and a twirl, then bows and offers his hand to Dalen. "It would be an honer to dine with the fair Lady Dalen, if she would have me~♫"
DM: Dalen laughs softly, then accepts his hand. "I would be equally honored to dine with an eloquent gentle-elf such as yourself, Sir Siara." She allows him to lead her out into the corridor, then pauses. "Should we tell your companions where to find the mess hall, or do you suppose they will easily find it on their own?"
Kyle shrugs lightly looking at nothing- "I will and I won't? Mom's gone, no siblings, and fathers stuck in his ways... I swear that man is so frustrating at times. It's like he doesn't want me to do anything but just stay at inn with him, and whittling arrows." At this point Kyle is starting to stand and voice raising. "Like that is enough in life to be happy, well it's not I hate to tell him. So I rather not have a life of splinters and spend all afternoon watching all the big hunters pass through. I wanted to do something in life, something big.. So now that I think about it more, no! I won't miss him, and he can keep that muddy pit to himself."
Siara looks over at her, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "They shouldn't have any trouble finding it. Or not very much. Angel and Nanteu will be able to find it easily enough, I'm sure. Rooke and Kyle just have to follow the pretty girls and they'll find it too~♫"
Kyle: (ENJOY Angel you brought this terrible background onto yourself!)
DM
Angel watches him stand, surprised that she struck such a nerve with him. She remains sitting on the bed, watching him until he's finished. She's quiet for a moment, then shrugs slightly. "I think when you get older and your joints start aching, priorities change," she quietly says. "Or people are just... different. My mother never trained for combat until she was well into her early hundreds, me, I got my hands on a soon as soon as I could. Same with my grandfather, I suppose... he's the one they all refer to as the 'Old King' because he was sooooo ollllld... but he was a damn good fighter."
She stretches her legs out, then puts her knees back to her chest again. "My mother and I don't see eye-to-eye on most things, so I know what you mean. She'd rather I stay still and learn how to read and write different languages, study politics, keep filing my horns down, keep my hair neat... I don't think I'll miss her while we're gone. I never miss her when I go out wandering alone." A glance is thrown up at Kyle, tilting her head slightly. "I think I'd miss her when she's older... but I'll most likely die before her, so she'll be taking care of ME in my old age." She laughs softly.
DM: (brb, just grabbing dinner...)
Kyle: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... Vex Full Metal)
DM: (back, and sooo happy! Got my chips!)
Siara: (The feels, they burn ;~; )
DM: Dalen smirks. "Did any of them know each other previously before this memory lapse?" she asks, gently leading him down the narrow hallways, passing a few crewmen along the way. Most of them seem to know Dalen, giving her a friendly smile or suggestive glance - one even gives her a playful salute which she returns. She and Siara find themselves in a large, yet cramped mess hall teaming with crewmen of all sorts of different races. Most are male, but you see one or two women among them - the cook filling up bowls of soup is a woman, a short, fat dwarf woman with a beaming smile. The room is set up with long tables and benches, no real privacy. Even as you stand in the entrance, you're almost bowled over by a few younger crewmen exuberant at the chance of a meal. Dalen holds Siara's hand and smirks. "Stand up straighter, they'll notice you next time."
Siara brushes himself off. "I'll keep that in mind. As far as I know, none of us knew each other before the lapse. It seems we were all pulled from different worlds."
Kyle shakes his head refusing her answers- "I doubt I'll be seeing old age if I have it my way.. I rather go out in a epic battle or saving someones life then just watch myself rot. Heck if I need to I'll find a fountain of youth.. But I don't got to worry about for a long time atleast." He says shortly walking up pass her looking out into the hallway- "I understand part of that, I couldn't throw my life away ether on politics. But the filing of horns, I must amit I'm surprised you don't do considering how much you try to hide'em. Think we should go find them?"
DM
Angel slides off the bed and removes her cape, dropping it into the fold of the hammock before moving towards the door with Kyle. "Nanteu and Rooke seem to be very friendly at the moment, always taking off somewhere without the rest of us... maybe we should just look for Siara." She brushes out into the hallway and looks at him. "I'd like to live to old age," she says. "It sounds horrible, I mean... I'd like to be gone before the truly disabling aspects set in, but I'd like to be old enough to see my grandchildren and have some sort of influence in their lives before I go."
She glances to the tip of one horn before glancing at Kyle. "I only hide them because they unnerve people. I actually rather like them... they're surprisingly handy at times. Nice defence too, if I can deal with the headache after using them."
DM: (So, whatchu wanna do in the mess hall?)
Siara: (What else is there to do but eat? I only have one spell slot left, I couldn't really entertain people with just one)
DM: (Uhm, there's people... about 40 total in the room, so it's pretty crowded. There are eight tables, two benches each. There's another table laid out with food, the cook and two assistants are helping ration out, but the serving sizes are fairly generous.)
Siara: (And I definitely couldn't entertain 40 people xD)
DM: (Food is... soup, which everyone seems to be getting, 2 bread rolls each, some roast chicken, and shavings off a leg of ham. And oranges. The oranges appear to be prized possessions and each person is given one - if they don't want theirs, they do not simply throw it away, but rather find someone who would like one.)
Kyle: ( http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/2...
Siara: (KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT)
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: (Truly?)
Siara: (Outrageous. Truly, truly, TRULY.)
DM: (*has eaten all her chips and nuggets and her spring roll and is very, very happy*)
Siara: (Are you truly happy? xD)
DM: (Once I've had a drink of my Ch'i, I will be.)
Kyle: Grins moving up to brush some of her hair behind her right horn, gazing at them for a moment- "Unnerve people? I don't know why, I think they are rather exciting.." Staring then realizing what he just said. "I mean in the not, I want to hunt you kind of way, but interesting.. Ehh But anyways let's catch Siara, before his pup makes a mess on the poop-deck heh.." -He says trying to moving onto something lighter.
DM: (Oh! Kitt, I meant to ask... Nanteu and Angel have the same Int score, are the same level in Bard at the moment, yet Angel has one more spell available to her than Nanteu does. Any ideas why?)
Kyle: (send me both CS)
DM: Angel tries her best not to blush as he brushes her hair behind her horn, but doesn't succeed very well, a pink flush creeping up her cheeks. "Yea, you're... you're right. Mm-hm..." She glances away, embarrassed at her reaction, then starts moving deeper into the ship, trying to figure out where Siara's room might have been. Quickly, she spins to walk backwards so she can look at Kyle as she talks. "Also, some people 'round home call me Goat-kid... so hiding the horns is a good idea if I don't wanna be called that... Heh."
Kyle: (Remind me to pick up Gangplank now I want to Parley and eat oranges)
DM: (You're not allowed to call me out on Angel's Dex score! I know, I know, it's high... but she rolled it! http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Tindo... )
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... )
DM: (Oh wait! Angel's Charisma is higher... does that count? For bards it does, right?)
DM: (Anyone pooooosting?)
Kyle stammers up after her not wanting to get behind- "Hey hold up Goat-girl.. You know I always wanted a pet goat? How ironic.. hah.." (So where are we going in the boat?)
Siara: (I have another block, dang it Dx)
Kyle: (Same here I think I may just need to eat more)
Kyle: (Two hotdogs, icecream, and peanut crackers later I'm still hungery )
DM: (Place called Sturtmok. http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
DM: Angel catches the front of his shirt and gives him a very serious look that is off-put by her remaining blush. "They stopped calling me that once people started disappearing and the bodies couldn't be found."
DM: (Sturtmok has a better port where they'll be able to find another ship that can take them to the Alye'ratse island that the dwarves live on... yes, I know, it's a name you'll never remember.
DM: )
Kyle gives her a innocent look- "What do you really think you could eat a face like mine? I'll stick to Angel then, since you've grown so attached to it." -After passing several of the crew he would follow his nose holding up a hand to stop Angel- "Oh do you smell that? I think we may have found the grub room, let's check in there. I bet if anything Siara in there taking her to eat.."
DM: "Eat a face like-...? I wouldn't eat a face like anyone's!" Angel says with a giggle before following him after his nose. "Grub... sounds good. I'm rather hungry seeing as we haven't eaten since... forever?" She follows him into the mess hall and looks around, intrigued by all the different people and the scents of food. She points, motioning to Siara and Dalen standing near the food table. "There," she says.
DM: (Brb, gettin' mah ch'i)
Siara: (GAH this is driving me crazy, I can't think of anything good!)
Kyle: (Same here just stall more like me!)
DM: (back!)
Siara looks over the table, taking in the scents. "Seems like quite a spread, even though we're on a ship." He notices how the oranges seem to be valuable and tilts his head. "Is scurvy really a problem here too?"
DM
"I imagine that if your world is like the Material Plane as ours is, then disease is most likely the same..." She is given an orange by a sailor passing by who doesn't seem too keen on it and she hands it over to Siara. "Plus... the oranges from the lake country are simply divine. They're fairly rare, so we're lucky to have them aboard. The captain must have gotten a good deal..." She picks up two plates, giving one to Siara before the cook reaches over and places a bowl of soup on the plate he is holding, then on the plate Dalen holds.
"Most ships in Elmrock have a healer, but their abilities are usually reserved for just-in-case of an emergency," Dalen continues. Bread rolls are placed on the plates, then the last assistant at the end of the table asks whether they would like ham or chicken. Dalen goes for chicken, asking for an extra plate of it if it can be spared, for Hindi.
Kyle approaches the table of Siara and Dalen. "Hey~ How you two doing? I thought I smelt something cooking so I thought I'ld come take a look.. And I got to say it is quiet the spread, I've seen feast smaller then this back home." Then taking a deep breath moving over to take a seat near Dalen, leaving ample room for Angel to sit next to him or Siara. "So I was wondering, what's the captain like here? Is he like a ex-pirate with a wooden leg, or one of the more uptight military kind?" Turning back to give Angel a look to see if she was still following or got caught up in something.
DM: (Kyle: ONWARDS TO THE TABLE QUICKLY!)
Siara inspects it curiously. "I'll have to see how different they are from the ones at home. Ham, if you please." He glances over to order, balancing the plate perfectly on one hand. "And if the disease is anything like the one at home, I won't be able to cure it, but I should be able to keep all the food from spoiling, if they let me."
DM
"I'm sure nobody would stop you," Dalen says with a smile before they are joined by Kyle as they approach a table.
Angel is staring at Hindi as she stalks into the room, occasionally begging the odd crewman for a piece of meat or brushing her head against the better-smelling of the lot. Angel is fascinated, watching the big cat move about, having never had the chance to observe such a big, beautiful cat. Obviously if she had ever met Dalen before today, she had never met Hindi.
She hadn't removed her fiddle from her back and one of the younger crewmen notices. He is a handsome young hume with blonde hair and blue eyes. Sidling up to Angel, he offers her a plate of food and she smiles, accepting it, and he makes some motion at her fiddle, asking her a question. She nods her head and continues smiling politely, replying softly.
Dalen places her plate down on the table and puts the extra plate of chicken on the floor just beneath the bench she sits on so Hindi can come and eat her fill when she wishes. "Captain Blake Dixon was formerly apart of the Elite Royal Guard himself... not originally a sea-faring man, but he went on many foreign missions like I do and grew a love for the ocean. No wooden leg... only a face set in stone." She smirks just slightly. "He never looks pleased. You wouldn't pick him for the poetic type..."
Siara shrugs, following Dalen as she weaves through the tables. "You never know... There are some who are against magic." He lightly lays the plate on the table next to her and takes a seat, patting Raiden and offering him the ham when he jumps up beside him. "The ones who witness the cruelty of humanity first-hand tend to be some of the saltiest people you'll ever meet, pun not intended. I couldn't blame him for being fierce."
DM: "It's not just humanity, y'know," Dalen says with a dry smile. "I'm human myself. It's amazing what elves, orcs, even halflings can do to the world..." She picks up a piece of roast chicken and plops it in her mouth.
Siara "Oh, I'm aware of the darkness that springs from elven kind... Humanity was more of a catch-all, in that sense. Perhaps "the cruelty of existence" would be more accurate?"
Kyle raps his fingers lightly on the table looking side to side at the amount of people that were inside such a ship. He couldn't stand to be crammed into a wooden box for months on end he wondered how they could do it. Etherway with the table filling and food being passed out he causal got a small plate and started ripping away stripes. His gaze passing from one crew member to another as the faces all seem to blend in; but two stood out in the crowd Angel and Siara. Moving over to nudge Angel and lean to speak to her over the crowd- "Hey why do you play something for the crew? I'm sure it would be great for a starting adventure.. Come on?"
DM: (Hmmm... *plots*)
Kyle: (Vex jump on FB)
DM: Angel looks up at Kyle and smiles a little, the crewman talking to her seeming to take Kyle as a threat. He looks him up and down - they're about the same height. The crewman's blue eyes become cold when Kyle approaches, especially when he realizes that he and Angel already know each other. Still, Angel doesn't seem to notice. "Uhm, sure, that's just what this fellow was suggesting... you want to sing, Kyle?" she grins.
DM: Dalen smiles and shrugs a little towards Siara. "Either way, I understand what you mean. The captain's a good man, even if he is a little misunderstood at times." She reaches down to pat Hindi's head with one hand, continuing to eat with the other.
Kyle gives the otherman a smug nod standing up then wiping his hands off- "If your willing to listen to me sing, sure.. I'm not afraid. Thought I doubt we know the same songs Angel!" -He says exclaiming the nickname outloud. He didn't even noticed the guy was already wrapped up around Angel but now he could see the fire in the otherman's eyes making him grin as the games begin. Clearing a spot off the table and hopping up with his hand out toward Angel to help onto the stage- "Let's hear that angelic voice music now.. Saw we?"
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (... that was a climbing roll. I guess you haul her up on your own.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (That was a fiddle roll, plus her mod is... 20)
Kyle: (Singing.. umm folk songs?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (Can I get two chances too?)
DM: (Yup! That can be like... your helping skill)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (18 yush!)
DM: As Angel is helped up onto the table by Kyle, she takes her fiddle down from her back. Just the motion of two individuals climbing on one of the tables is enough to get everyone's attention. Most fall silent and a few laugh and cheer for a song. Angel grins and looks at Kyle. "Why don't you get singing, I'll play along? Once you've done a chorus once, I should be able to keep pace."
Kyle
Kyle starts right on in with a town favorite- "This one is about a wild guy back home.. *coughs*"
Quixanne, ah'm in its grip
Quixanne, ah'm in its grip
Sinken in the mud
Patron-saint of the Bog.
They cum with boots of blud
Wit pitchfawk and with club
Chantin out mah name
Got doggies strainin onna chain
Lucy, ah'll love ya till the end!
They hunt me like a dog
Down in Sw-a-a-a-amp Land!"
Siara notices Kyle and Angel stepping up onto the table and lifts a hand, holding it close in front of him as he hand glows softly. "Ah, let's see..." The glow starts to change colors, rotating from red, to green, blue, pink, yellow, and then back as he cycles through his spell list. "What could I do to help this along, do you think...?"
Siara: (probably gonna be a longish post xD)
DM: Angel listens through once, then the rich melodies of her fiddle joins in with perfect pacing. She taps one foot lightly on the wooden table, beating out a tune. Several of the men join in, tapping their feet on the ground or clattering their plates in a beat on the tables. The man who approached Angel earlier is watching Kyle stonily, but seems to be enjoying the music all the same, tapping his foot along with the other men.
Kyle
Kyle does a small jig with his feet stepping around Angel with his head high going from line to line with a deep accent he seem to be hiding inside this whole time, and even sparing a moment extend the ending verse in front of the man while on his knees infront of her. So cum mah executioners! Cum bounty hunters!
Cum mah county killers--for ah cannot run no more
Ah cannot run no more
Ah cannot run no more
No I can't!
Lucy, ya won't see this face agin
Wheb ya caught ya swing and burn...
Down in Sw-a-a-a-amp Land!
Kyle: (That went terrible xD Hahah)
DM: (MWAHAHAH!)
DM: (We rolled well, so it didn't go TOO terribly...)
Siara blinks as he hand stops changing colors, then cycles rapidly for a few seconds. "Ooh, I got it." He slides off the bench and hurries to the side of the room, near the doorway, then crouches down as he extracts the spell from his hand, a small mass of multicolored fog. He whispers to himself - "Let's have a neat little illusion... Faerie Fire!" He separates the fog into two parts, pushing one part forward along the ground. "Make it swampy!" At his words, the fog expands outward rapidly, creeping along the floor and cycling between deep greens and browns, giving the illusion that the floor has suddenly become a softly glowing marsh, complete with small will-o-the-wisps. Satisfied, he stands and wings the other part of the cloud into the air over the dining hall. "Give us a lovely night!" It unravels as it flies, expanding similar to the floor cloud and becoming deep, midnight blue, specked with points of light that twinkle and seem to dance like fireflies.
Siara: (Improvised Faerie Fire, I know I can't really make illusions with it, but we're not in combat xD)
Kyle: (I think Shea missed out, we could had a band!)
DM: (Too busy holding hands with Rooke!)
Kyle: (No they are in the back watching )
DM: (And holding hands.)
DM: All the crewmen seem to enjoy the music, singing, and the illusionary show. Angel grins both with Kyle's strong accent - looking both surprised and a little flustered, and with Siara's display of magic. As Kyle finishes singing, she abruptly cuts out the fiddle with a flourish. The crewmen laugh and clap, a few turning to their companions and asking what the lyrics were, others understanding perfectly fine, and a few that just continue eating.
DM: (My bedtime soon)
Kyle: (We can cut it there, seems like a good spot)
DM: (Aww, all right. xD)
Siara looks around to see how everyone is enjoying the show. He sighs softly, thoroughly satisfied. As his gaze wanders over Angel and Kyle, he also spots the man that was talking to Angel earlier. With a grin, he confirms where the man is standing in relation to himself, then crouches down, already building for the spell. "Target locked...♥" He rolls his hand forward, releasing the spell as a small black sphere so it doesn't emit any light from beneath the marshy illusion, guiding it under the tables until he senses that he's by the sailor. "Rise up, the corpse candles~" On command, the marsh seems to glow for moment, bubbles popping on the surface as a thousand small glowing spheres rise from the surface, only rising about six feet before blinking out, like normal corpse candles. He lets the flare start emitting light and guides it upwards through the illusion in front of the offending sailor, disguised as another candle. With a lick of his lips and a snap of his fingers, it explodes silently, a much larger burst of light than the normal candles emit as they burst.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 20a (23rd November 2012)


Kate: SHEA!
Kate: SHEASHEASHEASHEASHEA!
Kate waves her arms to get attention. SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Shea: ...
Shea: I'm right here, Kate.
Shea: ;o
Shea:
Kate: Ya wanna play a bit of Nanteu/Rooke and them heading into the mess hall while we wait for Vex to turn up?
Shea: Sure.
Kate: (Start from back up on Deck?)
Shea: Oh, I had to answer him didn't I..
Kate: (Uhm, what did he ask? xD)
Shea: (Something about why she's so friendly.. I can't really remember the specifics. Did you save the earlier part of that chat?
Kate: (Yup, I'll find it)
Kate: (Rooke softly shrugs, smiling at her. "Just trying to figure out what you're thinking," he says. He glances down at their joined hands before lifting them together. "For example... this. Heh, I'm not complaining, but still... sure you want to be doing this?" He watches her, obviously enjoying the moment, but too hung-up on the history he shared with her only yesterday... not that it would have stopped him once upon a time.)
Shea: Nanteu loosens her grip almost immediately, though not in a hurry. She glances at him nervously, then slips her hand out of his, her fingers intertwining with her other hand. She looks unsure, now that he's actually confronted her behaviour, and she gnaws at her lip for a moment, unsure of how to put it. "..It's hard for me to feel uncomfortable around you, even though you told me so much yesterday. And.. I don't know, I-" she sighs. "There are some things.. that I feel are about to catch up to me. Things that I've been avoiding for a long time. And for the moment, I just like being in your company.."
Kate: "I felt the same," Rooke says, leaning on the rail before smiling a little. "Both with enjoying your company and having the feeling that my past will catch up with me. That second feeling however... it's been numbed down a little by the revelation that we aren't even in our own world anymore."
Shea: Nanteu gives a faint grin. "Not me. It's still there," she mumbles, and moves over to lean against one of the rails, arms now crossed over the beam.
Kate: Rooke watches the waves for a long moment before responding. "You feel there's something that can reach through these... different dimensions to reach you? Or is it something internal that you can feel?" He glances her way, then quickly adds: "I don't mean to be too nosey, just... you're very vague, heh."
Shea: "Both," she answers, then bluntly adds; "I am vague." She sighs, swiping a hand over her forehead, her exhaustion starting to finally show. "And I don't want to be. I want to tell you about me. It's just.. hard. To reach that point."
Kate
"Take your time, Nanteu," Rooke says. "I was awfully... blunt and maybe even a little forward in revealing who I am to you. I don't like surprises, but I can wait for you to reveal your true self in your own time." He smiles a little and shrugs. "Plus... I didn't reveal my true self to you. I only told you what I have done and the sort of man that I was... I suppose I'll have to tell some of the others too at some point."
He offers his hand to her. "But for now... I'm pretty sure I can smell soup. See all the crewmen are heading belowdecks except for the ones in the rigging... I guess they have a dining room down there. Shall we?"
Shea: Nanteu gradually grins, and takes his hand again. "Thank you," she says, and pulls him lightly to the top of the stairs. "Food!," she exclaims excitedly.
Kate: Rooke smiles and leads her down the stairs, along the corridors and into the mess hall which is teaming with hungry crewmen. Leading her over to the table where the cook and her assistants are serving out food, he picks up a plate for Nanteu and offers it to her before picking up one of his own. The assistants fill up the plates with soup, bread, one orange each, and offer a choice of roast chicken or shaved ham.
Shea: Nanteu accepts the food graciously, and dips her head in favour, but when offered the choice of one type of meat, she declines both in general, then waits until Rooke is ready before weaving through the tables to find a vacant seat.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 am by Kate Orchix

Session 21 (24th November, 2012)

Kate: Vex, Kitt? You ready?
Kate changed name to DM
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Kyle: I'll give it my best is all I can say
DM: VEX?
Kyle: muhaha
DM: VEXVEXVEX!
Nanteu: Modem must be crapping out.
DM: SPINEL!!!
DM: MODEM!
DM: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODEM
DM: Ehh, I'm sure he'll be back soon. Imma post this here:
DM
All the crewmen seem to enjoy the music, singing, and the illusionary show. Angel grins both with Kyle's strong accent - looking both surprised and a little flustered, and with Siara's display of magic. As Kyle finishes singing, she abruptly cuts out the fiddle with a flourish. The crewmen laugh and clap, a few turning to their companions and asking what the lyrics were, others understanding perfectly fine, and a few that just continue eating.
Siara looks around to see how everyone is enjoying the show. He sighs softly, thoroughly satisfied. As his gaze wanders over Angel and Kyle, he also spots the man that was talking to Angel earlier. With a grin, he confirms where the man is standing in relation to himself, then crouches down, already building for the spell. "Target locked...♥" He rolls his hand forward, releasing the spell as a small black sphere so it doesn't emit any light from beneath the marshy illusion, guiding it under the tables until he senses that he's by the sailor. "Rise up, the corpse candles~" On command, the marsh seems to glow for moment, bubbles popping on the surface as a thousand small glowing spheres rise from the surface, only rising about six feet before blinking out, like normal corpse candles. He lets the flare start emitting light and guides it upwards through the illusion in front of the offending sailor, disguised as another candle. With a lick of his lips and a snap of his fingers, it explodes silently, a much larger burst of light than the normal candles emit as they burst. (Meanwhile, Rooke and Nanteu have been watching from their seated position somewhere in the back of the room.)
Nanteu: Oh yeah, keep in mind that now that I've been using my dad's laptop, I can get kicked off at practically any time. And now, in general, I can't be on for hours on end. So our D&D sessions are going to have to be 3 or 4 hours from now.. )
Nanteu: (Possibly shorter. It's not only me who uses this thing.)
Kyle: (Why did you cpu die?)
Nanteu: (Mum's computer? I still have no idea. The driver just kept crashing. We still havent gotten someone to look at it yet..)
DM: (Start saving up for your own laptop? xD Took me a bit over a year to save up for this one. Just below $500)
DM: (That was just on pocketmoney and gifts for birthday/christmas)
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (ok)
Nanteu: (I have been xD I have just over a $100.. so not much, but I'll get there, if I keep saving >> )
DM: (Good! Keep it up! xD)
Nanteu: (I'll try xD)
DM: (I'm one of those weird people that just doesn't spend money. It's sometimes actually really annoying. xD I'll want something, but then I'll think of something more expensive I'm interested in and just not buy it... unless its food. I don't take my money with me much when I go out, haha)
Nanteu: (I just buy movies and food :3 )
DM: (I need to know what Vex was doing with that flare. xD)
Nanteu: (To scare the guy, I'm guessing.)
DM: (Or blind him, but I wanna know what Vex was thinking for it. xD The sailor hasn't given them much trouble yet)
Nanteu: (He might. I think he could tell that he might start something against Kyle)
DM: (If so, this should only agitate him further, hehe!)
Vex joined the chat
DM: (Hello!)
DM: (Modem die?)
Vex: (The flare was a sort of "gtfo my friends" warning)
Vex: (And the power randomly went out.)
DM: (Heh, all right. So Siara musta seen him looking all possessive of Angel and aggressive towards Kyle... hmmm... thinking of how to continue with this... Flare blinds, doesn't it? Anything else?)
Vex: (Penalty on attacks and saves, but he's not attacking or saving. It's really just to tell him to back off.)
DM: (Tell me the penalties anyhoo)
Vex: (Sorry, not saves)
Vex: (The creature is unable to see well because of overstimulation of the eyes. A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks. )
DM: (All righty, ta! He has a blind-fight feat, so that'll override the attack roll one)
DM: (Kitt, you back?)
Vex changed name to Siara
Kyle: (Good to see we gotten farther I am now)
DM: (Anything anyone wanna say or do before I put the sailor's reaction?)
Nanteu: (Nope)
Kyle: Taking a mighty bow toward each side of the table off to onlookers happy to see his performance had seem to turn the boats mood for the better. "Hey looks like they liked it! Or well.. some of them.."
Siara: (I might close the gap so that I can react if he does anything dangerous)
Kyle: (something tiny, cause I got no idea what to do)
Siara: (Nah, I'll wait.)
DM: Applause meets the end of the performances and the sailors start to get back to eating their meals, animatedly talking. Someone starts rolling some kegs of beer into the room and they're set up on one of the free tables while mugs are placed next to them. The sailor blinded by Siara's sneaky flare blinks and rubs at his eyes, peering blindly about at the fuzzy blur of his surroundings.
Kyle: (Also vex did you see this yet? https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
Siara: (Yeah)
DM: (He's not... ultra-violent, but if he manages to get Angel's attention again and has her taken from him, he'll react very grumpily)
Kyle: (Angel's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself.)
DM: Rooke chuckles, placing a piece of ham in his mouth before gently nudging Nanteu's arm. "Why don't we join them at that table they were sitting at before?" he suggests.
DM: (Yup, she can! But, for example, if Kyle comes over and innocently talks to her, he may snap. He's not ultra-violent, but he's a tad pushy.)
DM: Angel has a wide smile on her face as she steps off the table and onto one of the benches, offering Kyle a hand down while bopping him a playful curtsy as she puts her fiddle on her back once more.
Nanteu nods and picks up her plate, standing with Rooke and moving over to the other's table when he's ready. She sets her plat down at an empty seat and slides in.
DM: Dalen glances up and nods curteously to Nanteu and Rooke before waiting for the others to again sit down, a wide smile directed at Siara for his part in the artful display.
Siara grins as the sailor takes the full flash in the face, then lifts his hand gracefully and starts weaving through the crowd. As he crosses the floor to the table, the faerie fire on the floor begins to fade, becoming more and more translucent until it fades entirely; the starry sky illusion is crossed by countless shooting stars before fading as well. As he takes his seat, the last remaining star explodes like a rainbow-colored firework, then vanishes like the rest. "How'd you enjoy the show?)
Siara: "
DM: "It was beautiful," Dalen responds with a smile. "Dramatic, showy... but beautiful all the same. Not one for subtlety, I presume?" She gives Siara a slightly sly expression before continuing to eat. Hindi sidles up beside her and starts eating from the plate of chicken on the floor, growling lightly whenever someone's foot comes too near to her head or plate. Dalen gives her a soft, friendly kick in the belly.
DM: (I have some stuff set up to happen later, I'm happy to take as long as we need to get there, but if any of you get bored, don't hesitate to ask if we can fast forward. xD)
Kyle gladly her hand with a small hop back to the bench and a light chuckle. He couldn't believe that the performance had gone so well, and was utterly shocked to finally hear just how talented on the fiddle. "Hot damn girl, ya neva told me ya could play that ways.. And what with all the smilin? I haven't croaked in a long, long long time.." Kyle said with a small tang in his voice slowly coming back to normal.
Kyle: (I want to get to island and sea )
Siara runs a hand through his hair. "Lunar Elves enjoy a good show, and I'm no different. I can be subtle when I need to, but I do like giving a grand performance."
DM
Angel just keeps smiling, glancing away embarrassedly before returning her gaze to Kyle. "You never showed me that accent before... it's very... unusual and charming both at the same time. You should speak like that more often! Or better yet, sing a lot more like that." She tugs his hand and leads him back towards the table, seating herself.
Rooke leans towards Kyle, grinning. "The girls dig the accents, Kyle... so long as they can understand them."
Dalen reaches under the table to stroke Hindi's back. "Lunar Elves... you'll have to tell me more about your kind some time soon, Siara." She smiles and glances towards Nanteu. "You are a bard yourself, are you not?"
Kyle: (Super cold out tonight, I forgot my jacket)
DM: (Will happen soon! Encounter set up before that, though... No blankie either?)
Kyle: (Not while I'm walking outside, but the older lady left her heater here.. but Outside is where it is freezing )
DM: (Cover self in pie)
Kyle: (Are... Are you hitting on me? xD )
Kyle: (Cover self in pie just killed me)
Nanteu "I am. I don't play nearly as often as I used to, however."
DM: (How on earth would that be hitting on you? xD!)
DM: "You play?" Rooke smiles a bit, then softly elbows her in the side. "You're going to have to play for us some time."
Kyle: ("Cover self in pie" sounds like a / me thing, you didn't tell me to cover myself in pie )
DM: (Oh... I see. O~O)
Siara reaches back and finds the ribbon that he wove into his hair, tugging at the knot and releasing the ribbon so that his hair rolls down to full length, long and straight. "I'll be sure to do that sometime."
DM: (Right, so... do we wanna have a dinner conversation or skip to more exciting stuff?)
Nanteu gives a shrug, and flashes a small at Rooke. "I suppose I will."
Nanteu: (Skip? I don't know how long I have, and I probably won't be back after I lave ><
Kyle: (SKip, cause I got nothing else to talk about... I already ask for the captain too)
Nanteu: leave**)
DM: (You asked for the Captain?)
Siara: (Sure, let's skip)
DM: (All right, detail where you are one hour after midnight and what you're up to!)
Siara: (I'll be trancing, Flare and Faerie Fire burned my last spell slots)
Siara: (Is there a typical Crow's Nest on this ship?)
DM: (yusss... but there are lookouts up there)
DM: Angel is sleeping soundly in her hammock above Kyle's bed, softly being rocked by the ship's motions. Rooke is sleeping on the other side of the room, either in the bunk or hammock - either one that Nanteu didn't want to take. Dalen is in the room she shares with Siara, sound asleep with Hindi lying sprawled on the floor, her claws digging into the floorboards so she won't slip with the swaying.
Kyle: Later that evening after a full belly and a few drinks later Kyle had sat in bed earlier then usual, spending what free time he had with his whetstone out sharping his hatchet. After being so people taking care of the Queen's quest and watching over the girls he hadn't had much time to upkeep his equipment.
Siara: (Well he could trance in the room with Raiden then)
DM: Rooke is snoring loudly and everyone can smell alcohol on his breath in the cramped little room. Angel didn't even touch the beer, instead opting to drink from the small skin she keeps in her pack. Dalen had one drink, then went to bed.
Siara is sitting on his bed in his and Dalen's room, his legs tucked under him. Raiden is curled up beside him. His robes ripple and wave in an unfelt breeze as the magic trickles back into his body. Neither he nor Raiden move, they hardly even breathe, despite being very much alive.
DM: (Nanteu, detail, then I'll get this show on the road! ... ocean?)
Kyle: (I'm going to whistle quietly!)
DM: (You do that!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle: (Good thing no ones listening)
Kyle: (round )
DM: (Shea?)
Nanteu had slept for little over an hour, but returned to her most recent routine of not sleeping much the entire night. Instead of fighting her insomnia, she left the cabin and ventured upstairs. Unsure of whether she was allowed above deck, she had found herself a secluded spot by one of the masts and sat against it, dozing on and off.
DM: (Well, while Kitt's on his round, I'll play with this! Since he's one of the ones awake, he'd be aware of what's gonna happen before the others except for Nanteu. Vex, if you want, Hindi can wake you up for want of going toilet and not being able to open the door. xD)
Nanteu: (it's as of she doesn't like being around anyone when she's sleeping)
Nanteu: (okay, go!~)
Nanteu: as if*)
Siara: (Ha, alright.)
DM
The deck is fairly deserted at this time of night, but a few crewmen wander back and forth across the deck doing small chores. It's only the skeleton crew on - about ten or so. Nanteu, you've counted two men up in the crow's nest, softly talking, and you can hear them complaining about the cold. It isn't a warm night. You've seen a light on in the captain's cabin all night, but as fewer and fewer crewmen are left, most of them heading for bed, you're woken out of your dozing by the door to the cabin opening. A human in a blue coat with armor plainly visible beneath it takes long, slow strides onto the deck.
As it's dark, you can't see him very well, but he moves away from the cabin and to the railing to watch over the waves. From his stature, you gather he is not a young man - most likely late fifties. He obviously has a bad knee or spine, and at his side you see a cutlass. On his other side, you see a very small crossbow - a one-handed one, it would seem. His hair is silver, his skin tanned lightly with time spent in the sun, and he holds a small bottle of liquor in his hand. He's not drunk, just comfortably drinking.
DM: (Ha all right, like go ahead, or like 'I'll watch' all right? xD)
Siara: (Go ahead with your plan)
DM: (Aw, no plan until Kitt comes back. xD)
Siara: (I mean I'll join in, just have Hindi get me or Raiden up)
Kyle: (?)
DM: Hindi's eyes snap open and she grunts in quiet complaint. She grumbles as she rises to her feet and sleepily pads towards the door, her forehead slamming noisily into the wall. She again grunts before blindly turning around and moving to Siara's bedside and giving a light 'ruff' at him before catching his sleeve in her mouth and trying to tug him to the door.
DM: (Heh, I guess I'll just get you all 'ready' to deal with what's gonna happen then. Nanteu's just got front-row-seats.)
DM: (Nanteu, putting a post in, or should I continue?)
Nanteu props herself up into a more comfortable position, having been slouching slightly against the mast. She watches the man curiously, crossing her legs and leaing forward as he moves over to the railing.
Kyle: (Joy my lips are cracking now, I hate the cold weather )
Siara slowly wakes from his trance, his eyes glowing pale silver. "Eh...? What- Oh, it's you Hindi... Did you need to go out?" He slowly slides off the bed, crossing the room and opening the door for her. He leaves it ajar so she can get back in, then slides back onto his bed next to Raiden. His trance broken, he decides to rest and think in the midnight silence.
DM
The man is quiet for a moment, then softly sighs and glances up at the crow's nest before looking down the mast and to Nanteu. He isn't exactly good-looking, but there's a sort of fatherly appearance to him. His hair is short, he has a slight bit of scruff about his mouth, and he has a permanent frown plastered over his face. Still, he narrows his eyebrow at Nanteu and grunts in greeting before taking another swig of his drink.
"Oi, Cap't," one of the lookouts softly calls down from the crow's nest. The older man glances back up. "That ship from three hours earlier? It's still trailing us, sir."
"Eh," the man grunts. "Made out any markings on it yet?"
"Yessir... I don't recognize it myself, but it's gaining on us, so it has slave labor..."
"Which means it's not friendly, typically," the captain grunts and rolls his eyes before tucking his bottle under his arm. "How much have they gained on us?"
The other lookout speaks up. "Well... a lot?"
"You two are crap lookouts..." The captain mumbles. "You're meant to report changes immediately." He coughs, then inhales deeply before his voice suddenly booms out across the deck. "HOI, Ekar, ring that bell would you? Get everyone up!" His voice is like a cannon and Ekar, whoever he is, runs off towards the bell that was used to indicate leaving port. He starts frantically clanging it and suddenly, the deck starts to swarm with sailors.
Down belowdecks, the bell roars through the corridors and most of the crewmembers are out of their bunks and hammocks within seconds. Angel wakes with a cry of startlement and falls from her hammock but manages to twist in time so she doesn't fall on poor Kyle again. Rooke snorts himself awake, in the middle of an extremely loud snore, and looks up blearily. "Agh, what?" His words are slurred - he's still drunk, even after a bit of sleep.
Dalen snaps awake, out of bed and throwing her armor on within seconds. "Sounds like we're going to be under attack any second," she says to Siara. "Either that, or Dixon's being overly cautious again..."
DM: (THROW THE WALLS! THROW THE WALLS!)
Kyle kept his eyes high with his head leaned back watching Tindomerel breathing with each grinding wipe of the whetstone, trying to keep it low tuned as not to wake anyone. His minds slowly stared to drift off growing heavier and heavier with each swipe till his hands fell silent. Now his eyes finally closed and mind at rest he started to dream but then the sudden noise of the bronzed bell awoke him with Angel twisting off to land next to the bed. "Huh? Wh.. what are you doing now Angel, got to use the restroom?" -His main still fogged over, uncertain if this was real or a dream.
Nanteu: (fg,tkutyf brb maybe 20 minutes we have to take the videos back before dinner)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Aw)
DM: (Wow, we're slow tonight. xD)
Kyle: (That's cause Vex is talking to his boyfriend, and Shea is watching videos with her family while rping with us.)
Kyle: (I had coffee so I'm feeling better)
Siara opens his eyes sharply as the alarm rings out. "So I heard. Good thing I didn't have that earring on..." He springs out of bed and wraps his tail around the hilt of his warhammer, lifting and carrying it so his hands are still available. He takes a moment to find his balance so he can stand and walk normally while still carrying the hammer with his tail, then looks at Dalen. "So where's the fire?"
Siara: (He's not on right now, actually. He's been working through Thanksgiving Break, so he's been going to bed earlier. Haven't talked to him at all today.)
Kyle: (also.. main is brain* I was chatting about Swain and how he is my main character xD )
DM
Angel scrabbles to her feet. She is wearing her shirt untucked from her trousers and her hair is loose about her shoulders as she stands. Quickly, she starts shoving the ends of her shirt into her shirt and grabs up her belt, buckling it about her waist. "The bell," she says. "That's usually an alert to an intruder or.... a fight, like pirates." She looks nervous, but grabs up her armor and straps it over her body. "Come on, get up."
Rooke throws himself out of the hammock and thuds heavily on the floor with a grunt before climbing to his feet. He never got undressed, still wearing his armor and even his boots, so he grabs up his pack and weapons, strapping his greatsword across his back. "Pirates... how cliche. Heh heh..." He sways a bit, his mind still blurred by the alcohol - obviously he can't handle his liquor too well.
DM: (hey-lo?)
DM: (Oh)
Kyle: Eyes light up with excitement at the claim of pirates, having him do close to the same throwing his shirt back on, then over laying with the old chainvest, and strapping his armor over his left arm. "Really, are you sure pirates? Wow this is just like in the books.. Man this dream is getting better and better, oh I bet this means I get to get plunder and get into a dual with a guy with a eye patch right?" Kyle voice sounding more childlike then anything, as he snatches up his longbow and hatchet racing up the stairs pass Angel- "I'll race ya there!"
DM
Dalen finishes up strapping up her armor and throws her cloak over her shoulders before glancing to Siara. "Upstairs, I'd imagine... unless it's not pirates and it's something like super-huge-aquatic-wood-mites... but I somehow doubt it." She throws him a playful smirk, but her attitude changes almost immediately after. She reaches under the mattress of her bed and pulls out a long quarterstaff, strapping it easily to her back. A longsword, also from under the mattress, is anchored at her side, and she reaches into the drawer of her bunk and pulls out a light repeating crossbow.
"Coming?"
Kyle: (You ever think of stats for this blue cloak?)
DM: (Yup, I did, but you didn't want them. )
Kyle: (Sounds about right)
DM
Rooke chuckles at Kyle's reaction and Angel just looks perturbed before grabbing her weapons and racing after him. Rooke follows the two of them at a slower pace, glancing about for Nanteu but unable to find her in the milling mass of sailors and crewmen. Once the three of them reach the deck, they're all hit by the fact that very few of the crewmen are actually fighters.
The captain is standing at the door to his cabin, looking up at the crow's nest and yelling for updates. The two lookouts are yelling back and forth with him, straining their eyes off into the darkness to spy the other ship closing distance very quickly. The crewmen separate themselves into those who own weapons and those who don't. It seems they've been through this routine before and it's quickly established that there are only twenty or so men aboard who actually own weapons - out of all 70 or so men ondeck, only 35 or so know how to fight with or without weapons.
Siara licks his lips in anticipation. "Wouldn't miss it." He picks up his staff, giving it a light twirl in his hands before gripping it tightly like a battle staff and following Dalen out.
Kyle: (Vex LoL Joke for you. "Yorick walks into a bar.. There's no counter" )
Siara: (Oh dear xD)
DM: (When this comes to a fight, I'm just gonna DM off a lotta fights and describe what's going on AROUND you... but I'm not gonna roll numbers for everyone hehe, only Rooke and Angel, maybe Dalen, but I dunno. There are too many combatants to keep track of this. xD)
Siara: (I could just send a Warp Wood spell under all of them and toss them into the ocean with a wood wave xD)
DM: (That'd be huge-scale)
Siara: (Ah, true)
DM: (I'd say normal warp wood would work on a tree or a weapon, maybe a mast? But then you'd be a huge target, just sayin'... And they'd want this ship more if theirs was wrecked.)
DM: (Anyone posting?)
Siara: (Ohhhhhh, no no no, I meant if they boarded this ship, use Warp Wood to create a springboard effect under a group of them and toss them into the water)
DM: (You could with individual boards, I guess, but then you're ruining THIS ship... xD)
Siara: (Warp Wood can restore warped object as well as ruin them)
DM: (Mm'kay... well, we can see! If it's not too big, go for it)
Siara: (w now xD)
Kyle
Laughs the whole way up mocking Tindomerel about being beat'en by a few stairs. But once making it to the top the cool night air would rush into his lungs awaking his mind back to the living, and now he wasn't sure what to think.-
"Huh wow, seems like I remember this ship being smaller but now.. I can only hope the other ship is smaller. Angel ya sure you don't want to keep to the lower deck, I've heard pirates like to have there way with booty." -Kyle then moving around to try and get a better view to what everyone else was preparing for, then stopping as he stands next to a weaponless man looking him up and down as he seems to be gripping tightly to a mop as a faithful weapon- "Hey where the heck is your blade, don't tell me you forgot to bring it on the poopdeck? Here take this incase shit gets real would ya..." Kyle then unstrapping the royal longsword and handing it over. He never did feel right even wearing around, but he though the princesses would find it alluring maybe. Pacing back to Angel with his hand up in the air after giving up on a good spot to set up he would just wait. "Ya ya, let's seee what happens now.."
Kyle: (Shit late for a round and my food is going to get cold damn it all)
DM: (Take it with you!)
DM: (Use it as a weapon if anyone messes with you. SPAGHETTI BOMBING!)
Siara hurries onto the deck with Dalen, his gem glowing softly, ready to absorb his Haze. As he looks around, he spots several people looking off into the distance, and narrows his eyes as he looks in the same direction. "A large ship approaching... Pirates it is. No earth means no Entangle unless I use my body as a locus, but then that means I'm incredibly vulnerable. Ah well, this will do for now..." He gives the hammer a few experimental swings with his tail to make sure he can stay on his feet.
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM
Angel shakes her head at Kyle. "No, there aren't enough people up here who actually look confident enough to stay here and fight... I'll stay. Though, it would explain why none of the women crewmembers came up... I guess they're staying below to make sure the cook and her assistants will be all right." She gnaws on her lip, taking her bow down and notching an arrow to the string.
Rooke is still looking for Nanteu, occasionally yelling about drunkenly for her.
Dalen goes straight to the captain. "Can't we scare them off?" she demands. You all see the two of them have a heated discussion, something about the captain yelling for the catapults to be set up, then realizing he's on a different ship and they don't have catapults. He then pulls his weapons and starts ordering the crewmembers about, getting the unexperienced to return to belowdecks. Before long, there's only the party, Dalen, the Captain, and 35 men ondeck. And a tiger.
DM: (Hello hello)
Nanteu had jumped to her feet as he alarm sounded, and is now hovering around, rapier unsheathed, as the crew members members scurry frantically about. As if out of nowhere, a hand grabs Rooke's arm from behind and she appears by his side, watching him with concern. "You sure you'll be able to fight like.. this?," she says, indicating his half-drunken state.
Nanteu: (Hallo hallo. Dinner's in 15 minutes but -hopefully- I'll be back for the rest of the night.)
DM: (Hopefully!)
Siara: (The pirate ship is powered by rowing rather than sails?)
DM: "I've fought in worse," he says with a crooked grin - he appears to be trying to be roguish, but he just looks stupid instead, the side of his face screwing up with the funny grin. "This one time... I had no pants on. That was weird, but... strangely liberating!"
DM: (Sails, and rowing)
Siara: (And there's currently no wind, right?)
DM: (I'm gonna detail the approach now! Yes, there is wind - it's what is pushing everyone forwards. The Ailosacath has only sails.)
DM: (It's not a rough wind, though.)
Kyle: (WAIT What about the broom guy, can he have sword?!)
Kyle: (WAIT What about the broom guy, can he have sword?!)
DM: (Oh, yes! I'll detail that too!)
Siara: (Alright, lemme talk to Dalen before you talk about them getting too close)
DM: (All right, you do that now. I'll be broom-guy)
DM: Broom-guy looks delighted to have the sword and gets a school-boyish grin as he quickly tosses the broom to someone else with only his fists available as weapons. "Wuw, luvely blade!" he exclaims. "Tarr vury much!" He gives the blade a few experimental swings away from everyone else, then stands ready to fight as he peers out at see along with the other crewmembers.
Kyle: (So Vex, my Average with Swain this last week is 16/3/11 and won 100% of matches with him)
Siara steps over to Dalen, holding the hammer and staff tightly so he doesn't whack anyone accidentally. "The ship is powered by sails as well as rowing. I have a wind spell, I could blow them backwards when they get close enough, or push us out of their range..."
Siara: (So noted. I'll be up this morning. xD)
Kyle: (We taking a dindin break now?)
DM
Dalen is quiet for a moment, mulling over the possibility, then turns to the captain. "Hoi, Dixon, did you hear that?"
The Captain turns to face Siara, looking him up and down with his huge frowning face before grunting. "Druid magic, hm? Eh." He looks off into the distance with the pirate's ship closing quickly and frowns a little. "Well, you could, but you could only do it so far, couldn't you? They'd eventually catch up again with their slave labor rowing twice as hard. Even if you pushed them back and us forward, you could only keep it up so long, and what happens when they catch up? You would have magically exhausted yourself. Still, do what you like... but if I say stop, you gotta stop - I don't want you running us aground on a reef, there's a few around here."
"Land!" One of the lookouts suddenly calls. "The- the-... right in front of us!"
The captain quickly breaks away to reach for the wheel, spinning it about to slowly turn the ship. "Damn you fools!" He yells at them. "Why do you think there are two of you up there, dammit!? One to look one way, the other to look the other way!" The lookouts were right - a small mountain island rises up out of the sea, but it obviously is not their destination seeing as it has no visible lights.
DM: (Stall the battle until Shea returns, but we can keep playing with chatting and planning and such!)
Nanteu: (Not ready just yet, so we could fit a few more posts, maybe)
Kyle: (Wait did a island just raise up out of the water in front of us?)
DM: (Well... it's small, more hilly than mountainous, heavily forested, but it was directly in front of the ship and we've all been looking the wrong way. I didn't bother with awareness checks because nobody was looking about. xD)
Siara: (w, slightly longish)
Kyle: (Alright I was thinking another magic turtle island followed me into another D&D game)
DM: (haha! Nu... nothing like that. But I DID mention something about colossal vampiric sea turtles to you...)
Nanteu: (i don't want to be eaten)
Siara: (Actually, not gonna do that just yet... Don't want to accidentally dash us against the rocks)
DM: (So, no being eaten and no rock-dashing... all right!)
DM: (Anyone posting? Otherwise I will get things underway!)
Kyle: Stammered side to side a bit as the ship hastily sending Kale backward to grab at rail behind Angel. "Woah! Hold on now, seems the captain been drinking and driving now.." (I'm actually reading plus I can't think of anything witty to say or do)
DM: (Yeah... need a fight to do that! Vex, Shea, ready?)
Siara: (Of course)
Nanteu: (Yahuh)
Nanteu: (xD dinner bbl)
Nanteu left the chat
DM
Dixon yells at the lookouts for a while longer until one is watching the approaching ship and the other is watching the island. One of the crewmen quickly moves to take the wheel so the Captain can dedicate his attention to the upcoming battle. With barely any clouds in the sky, the moon and the stars shine down and light up the darkness a little better as the ship approaches.
Before long, it comes to everyone's attention that the pirate's ship is much larger than the Ailosacath. It crashes through the waves, turning in it's course as it nears, it's four sails billowing in the wind and large, red letters painted boldly on the side. 'Lusty Cutlass' is the name of the ship, and Rooke snickers childishly about it - few others seem to find it funny, seeing as they're not drunk enough.
The deck of the opposing ship is crawling with pirates - at a glance, most of them appear to be elves and humans, most of them male. One or two half-orcs stand out from the others, several pirates up in the rigging and ready to swing across on ropes as soon as they're near enough.
Angel catches Kyle's hand and carefully squeezes it before releasing him. "Well... hope this goes well. We're outnumbered by far..."
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
Kyle: (Well I have a feeling we will end mid fight just calling it)
DM: (Yeah, so do I... but it doesn't matter! xD)
DM: (I'm gonna go ahead with the fight now since we're posting slowly anyhow. Shea should be able to easily catch up)
Siara grips his staff like a weapon, waving the hammer behind him happily. "A fight by moonlight... Magnificent~"
Kyle grips back tightly with a carefree smirk. "Hope is for the one that see chance and luck.. I don't need hope, and nether will you. Now let find Siara and everyone. I'ld feel alot better knowing who's got my back. Come on!" -And with that he would snatch her hand dragging her off into the crowd yelling back and forth till he caught sight of them. "There ya lot are, who knew we get such a eventful night.. And pirates that is." -His fingers twitching at nothing at his side- "Hope ya'll ready to see some amazing shots, cause I'm about to wreck these salty toads.. Just watch, first that makes it.. Ya know nevermind.." -Kyle cutting himself off and letting off her hand and notching a arrow when he could see the figures start to scramble on the other ship. (Going to take a shot I got some mad range with a longbow)
DM: (Roll then)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (17)
DM: (Just for sake of simplicity so I don't have to worry about this too much, elves are 15 AC, humes are 16 AC, and half-orcs are 17 AC)
DM: (So you hit, whoever you're hitting)
Kyle: (trying to shoot one of the guys on the top so even if I wound him he could maybe fall to his death)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (7)
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: (You succeed in doing so, then. I'll write.)
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM
"Funny, nighttime fights always seem the nicest," Dalen comments from beside Siara. She glances over towards some of the crates on the deck where Hindi is crouching low, sensing something is about to happen but not sure what. "You can't see the blood so well, I suppose... careful where you step on the deck, in that case." She raises the crossbow, readying to shoot.
Captain Dixon strides to be with his men, ordering them about until the archers and ranged fighters are arranged and ready to fire, then he takes up a position next to them, his handcrossbow at the ready. The pirate ship comes nearer and nearer, the macabre grins of men, elves, and half-orcs alike reflected in the steel of their blades held before them.
Kyle's arrow flings itself out, imbedding itself in the face of an elf up in the rigging of the pirate ship. He cries out and falls to his death to splat on the deck of his ship. Dixon snorts loudly in a strange form of glee before he returns to ordering his men.
"Ready," Dixon says cautiously. "On my mark..." The pirate ship's railings crashed into the deck of the Ailosacath's. "FIRE!" Arrows and bolts shot out across the distance, taking down several of the first boarders, others still coming, or others simply not hit at all. First on the deck are two large half-orcs and a band of five humans with three elves. They rush into the group of archers, blades swinging.
The lookouts start yelling warnings, seeing as they can see the whole battle from above. A group of elves swing across on ropes, launching themselves easily into the rigging - one starts climbing upwards to silence the lookouts, the rest hook their legs into the ropes and take out an assortment of ranged weapons to fire upon the crew below.
Siara: (Pfft, just had an amusing thought...)
DM: (Hm?)
Siara: (Could I give Raiden the remaining scimitar to hold in his teeth? xD)
DM: (He'd have several penalties... -4 to hit with an untrained weapon seeing as he's an animal. He'd also get less damage... he wouldn't get a size penalty, though, because he's medium as humans are...)
Siara: (It was mostly a joke, but would be interesting if he could use it later.)
DM: (Later, maybe. xD )
DM: (Though, might work as an intimidation technique, heh)
Siara: (Random dog walking through town with a sword, giving people the evil eye)
DM: (Yup... I'd run)
Siara: (attack roll)
Siara: (On one of the half-orcs)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara: (19, I think)
DM: (Hit)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara: (4 xD)
DM: (Just for sake of fluidity, I'm telling you guys the AC's, but you have to tell me which race you're trying to hit for first. Half-orc- 17. Hume- 16. Elf- 15.)
DM: (Describe your attack, I'm just finishing up some sheets...)
Siara dashes right up in front of one of the half orcs, holding the staff at his side. As he approaches, he drives one foot against the floor as a brace and spins sharply, swinging his tail - and subsequently the warhammer - around in a weighted arc strike, slamming into the half-orc's ribcage.
DM: (Wait a minute... your tail is able to hold a weapon!?)
Siara: (Taking focus to use it, so I can't use a weapon with my hands.)
Nanteu braces herself, feet steady against the swaying deck as the first group of pirates break over the Ailoscath. As they start to chop through the archers, Nanteu bobs on her feet, readying the rapier as they push through the group. With Siara taking care of one of the half-orcs, she swings at one of the humans behind the half-orc leaders, catching sight of an opening amdist their tightly packed group.
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: (*sobs*)
DM: (I didn't know it was flexible enough to hold things. I thought it was just like a dog's tail... like a gnoll's tail. Aw, Shea! GET YOUR ROLLING TOGETHER! xD)
Kyle: (Oh what was that video game, where you had a wolf with your main character that had a eye-patch dagger he used with his mouth, and a smoking pipe?)
DM: (I'm still doing some sheets, Kyle, go ahead)
Nanteu: (I.. have no idea what you're talking about)
Siara: (I was treating it more like a feline tail, long and playful xD Sorry, thought you knew)
Nanteu: (all I can think of is Sly Cooper)
Siara: (Oh shoot, what was that game...)
DM: (How did he smoke a pipe and have a dagger in his mouth at the same time...?)
Siara: (Tales of Vesperia!)
Nanteu: (Ohhhh. I always wanted to play those games)
Siara: (This is him, right? http://puu.sh/1tGFz )
Kyle snorts then spits off to the side notching another arrow taking his time to talk over his shoulder. "Ya! Did ya see that fella fall?! Hot damn let's see if I can do that again af.. Ouch." -Taking a set back as one of the lucky elfs managed to nick his check with a bolt- "OH that's it treerat, take notes Angel!" -Aiming topside and letting a arrow loose.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle: (22)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (6 damage)
Kyle: Then notching another arrow rapidly hoping to fell the elf this time!
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (23)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (9)
DM: (Lovely! All right, gimme 2 more minutes... then I'll do some detailing)
DM: (That one's a death)
Siara: (Stop hogging all the good rolls D< )
Kyle: (No rush we'll be here all night)
Nanteu: (i have 30 minutes. bro wants the computer the rest of tonight)
DM: (Aw)
Nanteu: (xD just as you say that)
DM: (Do you mind if we keep playing?)
Kyle: (And ya the tail thing, it takes alot of - to hit with a tail, also Gnolls are Hyena tails so ya.. just balance and shit)
Kyle: "It's like shooting fish in barrel! Or snakes in the trees! Haha.."
Nanteu: (Sorta. I don't want to miss out on a fight xD)
Siara: (Maybe when I'm lv15 or so, I can take some time to become adept at using a weapon with the tail while still using something with my hands...)
Kyle: (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... I want to kill Teemo so badly)
Siara: (Teemo's cancer)
DM: Angel shoots at the half-orc Siara attacked, hoping for a headshot.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (Woo!)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (8 dam...)
DM: Rooke attempts to slam his greatsword into one of the elves of the boarding party headed by the half-orcs.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM: (ooh, crit)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (13 dam in all, kill...)
DM: (*clears throat* W)
DM
As the two sides clash, the pirates rip into the archers with little difficulty, that is, until they meet the party from Elmrock. Almost immediately into the fight, one half-orc is on his knees, his hands grasping at an arrow in his head and his cracked ribs, one elf from the boarding party is dead, and one of the rigging-elves is felled by a rapid shot.
More pirates swing across, rolling onto the deck or catching the rigging. The rest of the crew are soon involved in vicious exchanges of strikes and blows. The captain battles with a half-orc while Dalen shoots at elves in the rigging who are attempting to reach the lookouts. (Mwhaha, my turn now on all of you...)
DM: Half-orc at low health with arrow in his head attacks Siara with his dagger...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (He misses.)
DM: An elf at full health attempts to attack Nanteu with his scimater.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss)
DM: A human at full health attempts to swing at Kyle with his scimater AND dagger.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss miss)
DM: A human at full health attempts to hit Angel with scimater and bare fist....
Nanteu: (shoot me my CS kate? pretty please~)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (Haha, ok)
DM: (http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante...
DM: A half-orc at full health attempts to hit Rooke...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Nanteu: (thanking you)
DM: (Miss)
DM: (All right, here we go: Siara, Nanteu, Kyle, Angel, Rooke, Baddies)
Siara: (Attacking the orc with the arrow in his face)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Swing and a miss!)
DM: (Heh! Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (attack on human with rapier)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kyle: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl... Vex Rengar can also do this with his ult, new wombo combo that makes me laugh alot)
DM: (Mod?)
Nanteu: (5, so 15)
DM: (OOh, sorry)
DM: (Kyle's turn!)
Nanteu: (oh wait, still a miss though, huh)
Kyle: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIwd1A-...
Siara: (Oh, that's pretty cool... )
Siara: (Definitely buying Nami first, and then possibly Nocturne because of the new skin)
Kyle steps to the side swinging his arm our to knock away the scimater blade with a hop back and another snap shot as he tries his best to get another arrow in time. (safe 5ft step backward, single attack can't rapid Q~Q )
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle: (21?)
DM: (Hit)
DM: (On who?)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (the guy that just try to stab me with dagger and sword for 10 damage)
Kyle: (Did you watch that last one Vex? I loled hard)
DM: (Angel...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Miss!)
DM: (Rooke...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (Wait, so Shen turns in visible if he ports to an invisible champ?)
Kyle: (Yup)
DM: (Hit on an elf... rolling damage)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM: (13... another dead elf)
Siara: (I wonder if that works with Eve...)
DM: (This is really confusing. xD)
Kyle: (I'm sure it does, but Eve doesn't turn invisble)
Kyle: (What playing with yourself and a dice roller Kate? xD)
DM: (No, trying to understand you guys)
Kyle: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIwd1A-... Watch this then you'll understand a bit)
Kyle: (20seconds long)
DM: (If it's LoL, not really interested)
Siara: (Technically she does become invisible, but she becomes visible when she gets too close to a champion or pink ward.)
DM: (Bleh, rolling damage for baddies attacking us...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (Come on Kate.. pleasessss~ It's 13 seconds long, super short. And Vex being invisble when no one around is useless if Shen ults to her)
DM: (I can't focus)
DM: (I am playing with so many numbers here I can't think!)
Siara: (Eh, she can close the gap pretty quickly. Worst case scenario, they have to jump out of a bush and pull the surprise like that.)
Kyle: (But at that point it's just normal and not cool)
DM: (Siara, hit. Kyle, miss. Nanteu, miss. Angel, miss. Rooke miss.)
DM rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Siara, take 7 damage)
Kyle is laughing at the man with the arrow in his gut trying to stab him still
Kyle: (Also now you know what it was like to do that war with the mushroom people)
Siara says "ow" and takes seven points of damage.
Kyle: (OH I was going ask ya'll, did both of you try to call me on Skype?)
DM: (Not call. It was just a join-conversation thing. I was playing around)
Siara: (No, it's just a group Kate made)
DM: (Siara, Nanteu, Kyle, Angel, Rooke. Go.)
Kyle: (FINE! I didn't want to talk with you two ether!)
Siara: (Arrow half-orc is still alive?)
DM: (Shea, are you still here? Yup, by one point)
Siara: (Attacking him)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (That's... a crit?)
Kyle: (idk what weapon are you using?)
Siara: (Warhammer)
Kyle: (nope)
DM: (It's still a hit)
Nanteu: (i'm here)
DM: (Get your brother to play with us too instead of him taking the laptop from you!)
Nanteu: (He's not into rping xD or D&D, I'd imagine)
DM: (Heheh heh)
DM: (Siara, roll your damage!)
Nanteu: (and on that note i have about 5 mins, so about enough time to attack again. so you'll have to take over for nanteu after I go. )
DM: (No, we can stop when you go. These guys are slow anyways. xD)
Nanteu: (okay x3)
Siara: (I'm not sure what to do, other than roll damage. Either way, crit or not will just determine how hard I floor him. xD)
Kyle: (WHAT I've been on the ball your wack Kwiwi
Siara: (...woah, laggy chat)
DM: (Just detail the death. You can't get less than 1 damage!)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (xD)
DM: (Yup, he's dead. Several times over.)
Kyle: (Actually! He isn't dead..)
DM: (That applies for NPCs? Seriously?)
Siara: (Technicalities. -chases Kyle away)
DM: (That is WAAAAAY too much math... I mean, if he's unconscious, none of us are gonna help him up!)
Kyle: (*pokes Kate in forehead and is just being a butt cause she called him slow when he indefinably not SLOW!) )
DM: (Just looks at Kitt)
Kyle: (What, why don't ya take a picture it'll last longer)
DM: (*flails before smacking Kitt in the face with the mouse*)
Siara drops the staff and takes the warhammer from his tail, raising it over his head. "Down you go!!" With a ferocious shout, he swings the hammer down on the half-orc's head, plowing his face into the floor.
Nanteu misses the human, and sidesteps his own counter attack, watching as it slips harmlessly by her. Gripping the rapier tightly, she goes after him again, aiming to slash across his chest.
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Nanteu: (BEST.)
Kyle: (Now that is max damage Shea )
DM: (Yup! And you got a crit. Roll again to hit, and roll again for damage)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Nanteu: (xD)
DM: (Eh, just take the first damage)
DM: (Add your damage mod to that one 6)
Kyle: (Nah it's just doubles the first damage roll.. so the 6 is 12.. Plus that is 3 6's devil child)
Kyle: (Oh wait! Did Kate actually read the Normal Crit rules? If so sorry I didn't know we're doing those!)
DM: (We're doing normal crit rules)
DM: (Brb, sorry Shea... Catch you later)
Kyle: (Good night SHEA ROUND!)
Nanteu: (night all! i'll detail it tomorrow)
Nanteu left the chat 6 seconds ago

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:36 am by Kate Orchix

~Other OTHER Session 1 (1st December 2012)

Kate: Duh, no... 27th of Spritelight!

Kate: We have to go grab dinner at some point, but I'm ready to D&D if you guys are!
Siara: So am I gonna be Maelari or Onta here?
Kate: Mae... unless you wanna dump her
Grigori: Who is Onta?
Siara: Character I created a while back
Siara: More for fun than anything, but it would be an interesting concept
Grigori: The Gray skinned one?
Kate: The doppleganger
Grigori: As my Warforged called them
Siara: Well I can play either one, just depends on if we start over entirely, or just swap them out.
Kate: Up to you guys. I was just gonna swap out Roland and continue, but you guys decide.
Siara: Onta it is, lemme just make the necessary level adjustments to his sheet
Siara: 107 skill points, fml...
Kate: Either way, I'd have liked time to have passed so we're at the same speed as the game we're playing with Shea. 27th of Spritelight.
Grigori: I'm preparing my stuff atlmoment but I am ready
Siara: Swapping characters then, alright.
Grigori: You really want to be a random ass character huh?
Grigori: Kate you sure you can deal with your whole party changing?
Siara: Sense Motive +14, Listen +16, Disguise +20
Kate: I wouldn't wanna keep them in the same place Maelari and Roland were. I'd rather start them off somewhere else.
Siara: Yes, I want my random-ass character
Siara: ...I think I'm slightly OP
Kate: Yeah... gimme your sheet?
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
Kate: brb
Grigori: I think there is a level adjustment but xD lol
Siara: Adjustment how? lv3 instead?
Grigori: Don't stress it idk
Grigori: actually seems your right.. well close
Grigori: Your Con is 12.. mine is 18.. Your hp is 48, mine is 30 something
Grigori: ehhh ROUND
Siara: Lv3 would put me at 37hp
Kate: back
Siara: Yatta
Kate: I'm gonna depower you!
Siara: To what level?
Kate: Same level, changing your stats
Siara: D:
Kate: Your racial bonuses help you way too much!
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
Siara: Oh, okay
Kate: Not sure which skills it removed, but it removed 15 of them, whatever they were.
Kate: Even still, you're a little overpowered. Maybe Kitt can have a look when he's back from his Round.
Siara: About half of them just dropped one point
Kate: ok, cool
Kate: Hummm... I may start you guys off on the other side of the mountains of Elmrock....
Kate: Near a busy little port city
Siara: Alrightyt
Kate: So, what do you want Onta's story to have been thus far? For the past five days of being in Elmrock, he has...?
Siara changed name to Onta
Onta: He has been stalking Grigori in Maelari's shape xD
Grigori: Eberron Changeling find the rules to that race
Grigori: finishing round
Kate: Can you do that for me, Vex? 'Net is still a bit slow here, even if it's stable
Onta: Nah, he could have been disoriented at first, but quickly accustomed to the new location and started hunting for survival. Spot Grigori near the end of Day 4 and follow him around, using Maelari's form in case he gets caught.
Kate: Where did he find Maelari?
Onta: He might have spotted her on her home planet, I dunno xD
Onta: I could create a totally new guise for him to use
Onta: Ewww, don't like that changeling
Kate: Sure, I don't mind so long as you have a good story.
Onta: http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Changeling
Kate: Hm, they look interesting.
Onta: Gnolls are like furries, aren't they? xD
Kate: Kinda. Hyenas.
Onta: But they exist, that's what matters.
Onta: I've got a guise for him then. xD
Kate: Whhhhyyyyy?
Onta: Anthros!~
Kate: Hm, should be interesting if you use a gnoll... *crafty smirk*
Grigori: Ehh that's 4th Changelings
Kate: Hey! What's your character been up to in the past 5 days? At some point, he may have figured out that this world is not his own, maybe by seeing a world map or something.
Grigori: http://www.scribd.com/doc/32718341/Races...
Grigori: page 42
Kate: Sorry, taking ages to load
Grigori
The “I’m You!” Game:
Almost allchangeling children have played the
“I’m You!” game. It’s such a universal,natural game for members of the race
that it can be found even amongisolated groups or communitiesof changelings
Kate: I remember reading that for Dopplegangers.
Grigori: page 55 is teh Race I know VEX would die to be
Kate: What's your character been up to?
Grigori
Shapechanger Subtype:
Changelings are human-oids with the shapechanger subtype.• Medium: As Medium creatures, changelings haveno special bonuses or penalties due to their size.• Changeling base land speed is 30 feet.• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against sleep andcharm effects: Changelings have slippery minds.• +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, and SenseMotive checks: Changelings are inherently skilled
in deception and intimidation; though they
cannot actually detect thoughts as doppelgangers
can, they can intuitively read body language andattitude with surprising accuracy.• Natural Linguist: Changelings add Speak Lan-guage to their list of class skills for any classthey adopt.• Minor Change Shape (Su): Changelings have thesupernatural ability to alter their appearance asthough using a
disguise self
spell that affects their
bodies but not their possessions. This ability is not
an illusory effect but a minor physical alteration
of a changeling’s facial features, skin color and
texture, and size, within the limits described
for the spell. A changeling can use this abilityat will, and the alteration lasts until he changesshape again. A changeling reverts to his natural
form when killed. A
true seeing
spell revealshis natural form. When using this ability to
create a disguise, a changeling receives a +10
circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.Using this ability is a full-round action.• Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Lan-
guages: Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome,
Halfling, and Terran.
Onta: ?
Onta: Loading
Grigori: Umm.. You sure this is a different world? If so it's set in a non-D&D world then.
Kate: Wait, what?
Kate: This is in D&D
Kate: Or wait, do you mean Elmrock? Or the planet Yerthae?
Onta: Kalashtar?
Grigori: ya
Onta: ...huh, that does look interesting.
Kate: It's better to think of Elmrock/Yerthae as it's a different dimension.
Grigori: True D&D is set in The Material Realm
Grigori: There is only one Material Realm.
Kate: Like, an alternate Material Realm
Kate: One that isn't meant to exist. xD
Grigori: So..... not D&D just fantasy D&D isk world?
Kate: It has access to Alternate Realms of the other stuff too.
Kate: D&D rules... very similar. There are a few changes, but it's meant to be seen from the viewpoint of a character from a true D&D world.
Kate: They're all there as the result of what Malakhi did.
Grigori: But back to your race Vex. Just make a human and don't use the extra feat
Onta: o_o?
Grigori: And save that wall so you remember what you can do
Onta: But I'm happy with Doppelganger D:
Grigori: Then you will be OP as hell >,>
Kate: (I'M SO HUNGRY!)
Onta: Kate already whacked him with the nerf bat
Grigori: Not Phreak enough then
Kate: You wanna give it a go, Kitt? I thought I may not have knocked it down enough
Onta: I think she dropped everything but Charisma and Strength by 3
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
Grigori: you have a natural +4 to AC
Kate: 3 or 2, yeah. Your racial bonuses are too good.
Grigori: Detect thoughts at-will..
Grigori: ya nah nevermind
Kate: Wow, wait, what!?
Kate: They can detect thoughts at will!?
Kate: Oh, wow, they can
Kate: Ehhh!
Onta: I'm not gonna be a Roland
Grigori: Vex hates me so much right now
Kate: xD
Onta: A bit annoyed, yes :I
Grigori: Well.. you like OP stuff
Onta: Those were natural rolls!
Kate: Okay, well... if we do the Doppleganger, can you not do the Detect Thoughts too much? If you take down your Dex to 10, your AC will be 17... at the moment it's 18.
Onta: Kay, leave my freakin stats alone
Grigori: Kate trying to balance it xD
Kate: Well, so long as the Detect Thoughts thing doesn't turn up OVERLY much, I really don't mind the rest of the sheet. xD
Kate: Boy, those skills are high, but I think we can live with that...
Onta: I just said I'm not gonna be a Roland
Grigori: oppelganger" target="_BLANK">http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD oppelg...
Grigori: that's the stats of a lvl 0 character
Kate: I read it a while ago
Grigori
Doppelganger characters possess the following racial traits.
+2 Strength, +2, Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
Medium size.
A doppelganger’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision: Doppelgangers can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Racial Hit Dice: A doppelganger begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
Racial Skills: A doppelganger’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot.
Racial Feats: A doppelganger’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
+4 natural armor bonus.
+4 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks. When using its change shape ability, a doppelganger gets an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If it can read an opponent’s mind, it gets a further +4 circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks.
Special Attacks (see above): Detect thoughts.
Special Qualities (see above): Change shape, immunity to sleep and charm effects.
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Auran, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Giant, Terran.
Favored Class: Rogue.
Level adjustment +4.
Grigori: I'm flooding the room watch out!
Grigori: ok done
Kate: OKAY! Right, what have you two been doing the past 5 days? I'm keen on having you guys in a town on the west side of Elmrock.
Onta: Staking around for prey, following Gri instead of killing him
Grigori: Staking around for prey?
Onta: Hunting?
Kate changed name to DM
Grigori: Umm.. I would say exploring teh country side, and climbing some tall mountains to get a idea of where I am. I don't think my character would be use to NOT knowing where he is.
Grigori: Doppelgangers are normally found city side xD Ranger Dopper
Grigori changed name to Orthen
Onta: http://puu.sh/1wgnR
Onta: ^ Bard form
Orthen: kill Gnolls got it
DM: what is that?
Onta: Is it blocked?
Onta: Is a bard
DM: no, just what is it? what race?
Onta: It's just an anthro cat
DM: uhm...
Onta: xD
Onta: I was kidding
DM: Okay...
DM: Eating, may be a bit slow
Onta: I need to come up with a form that's decent too
toker joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Orthen: Vex ya understand why I'm complaining about your race?
Onta: Because you don't want me being able to turn into anything I want?
Orthen: It's four levels higher then my character
Onta: Also -> http://puu.sh/1wgrH
DM: Hello
Orthen: Hey Toker
toker: oi
Orthen: you bored and want to roll up a random ass character?
toker: just poking in to see what's up
toker: League and a lack of nicotine don't mix. Logging off for the night before i start calling people nasty things.
Orthen: No cause the Changelings can still turn into anything you just refuse to be four levels lower
Orthen: I understand that
Onta: The first thing I said was leave my stats alone but change my level -.-
Orthen: I'm busting Vex chaps for wanting to play a Dopplerganger. And not a Ebberon Changling
DM: Sorry, I didn't realize that was what you were asking, Vex. xD I still have your original... wanna change the level?
Orthen: MF really working out?
Onta: Please
toker: I remembered that i used to play fortune
toker: i realized i'm a lot better at the game than i was then, and the champion has been buffed
DM: Lemme just find it
toker: Aaaaand some people may or may not have gotten dunked along the way.
Onta: Dunked with MF?
Orthen: So you like Leona or Sona with her more?
Onta: Didn't know that was possible
Orthen changed name to Ikitt
toker: Sona
toker: Leona has one partner in lane, and that partner is Jarvan
Ikitt: huh
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
toker: Its stupid, but it WORKS
Onta: Much better
toker: Someone dies at level 2, end of story
Onta coos over his stats
Ikitt: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/show...
DM: Oi, Kittles!
Ikitt: ?
Onta: There. http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
Ikitt: OP stats and AC but you payed four lvls for it. So k
DM: Looks a lot better now
DM: Woah, AC
DM: Can we notch down your AC 3 points?
DM: Dex, sorry, not AC
DM: No one will ever hit you with that score...
Ikitt: Told ya, to avoid all this huss and fuss just make it a Changling then you'll have spells and still Alter Form at-will
Onta: Take it down to 15 for all I care, it's no fun if I can't take SOME damage
DM: Never mind that. He's a doppleganger, I don't mind that.
toker: Thiis character creator really hates me when it comes to stat rolls
Onta: Just remember to add 4 to attack rolls against me, I guess
DM: Why?
Onta: If my AC goes down to 15, it's the same as getting a +4 to hit against me, right?
DM: Give me a moment
DM: I said Dex, not AC. I corrected myself.
Onta: 18 AC is still a bit high xD
DM: Yeah, 'tis... take Dex down to 12, then we'll leave it. If any problems pop up later, we can sort out more stuff.
Onta: Alrighty
Onta: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Onta&...
Onta: ...I should change the name, maybe
Ikitt: You know you can't even cast a lvl 1 spell?
Onta: Yeah, but that will come later.
Onta: Arcane Spells are sorcerer spells, right?
DM: Bards do bard spells
toker: Bards have their own list, you just cast as an arcane caster
toker: so yeah, spell failure and other fun things
Ikitt: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bard_spells
Ikitt: All those mightly Cantrips
Onta: Just wondering what Arcane Spells/Day means then
Ikitt: ROUND
DM: It means Bard spells per day, since you are a bard.
DM: For example, if you have lvl0:2
DM: You only get to cast 2 cantrips that day.
Onta: Ouch
toker: This is where that level adjustment... stings
DM: You got plenty of other stuff, and getting away with blue murder. You don't need to spend time finding ways to add more.
Onta: Not sure what blue murder is, but it sounds fun. I'll go with it.
DM: It's just a saying.... getting away with murder in plain sight.
Onta: Never heard it before, but sure.
Onta: Drive a claw into someone's face and walk away without repercussion? SURE.
DM: I'm not saying you WILL get away with it in the future.
DM: So, toker, whatchu got so far?
toker: Human Rogue
toker: Basic statline, filling in equipment and feats
Onta: We could pretend that this is Onta until I find a better image. http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1960/...
DM: What creature?
Onta: Gnoll
Onta: Looking for a good human one
DM: Wow, very un-gnolly... but I'll go with it.
Onta: ...lulz, this could be human. xD http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/592/b...
toker: Given that the party is a druid and a... shifty bard, its kind of hard to decide where i'll fill in
Onta: Well, elf
DM: Plenty of choices. I can fill in any gaping holes with an NPC
Onta: Wait, who's a druid?
DM: A pretty elf
DM: *cough*
DM: *cough cough*
Onta: ...Siara?
DM: He's not here...
DM: He's overseas. xD
Onta: I thought Kitt was going to be a dwarf or something
DM: Why can't dwarves be druids? xD
Onta: You mentioned a pretty elf. Elf =/= dwarf
DM: I was talking about your picture
Onta: Ohhh
DM: I was just commenting on how it was pretty. xD
Onta: Ohhh
Onta: Well yeah
DM: Sorry, my communication is all muddled up at the moment. Speaking today has even been a bit of a chore. xD
Onta: That could be an elf form
DM: Toker, playing a chick or guy?
Onta: Human > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/3797...
DM: Okay
Onta: And for his base form...
Onta: http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/...
toker: Guy
DM: Uhm... what's that?
DM: Okay, cool
toker: sorry, spending 72 skill points takes a minute
toker: because... well, rogue
Onta: Just a large pest from LoL
DM: xD Go for it
DM: And Vex
Onta: I need to find a good doppelganger image, but the idea of having "sickles" built in would make it easy.
DM: Uhm... how is that his base form? He's a Doppleganger
Ikitt: Ya base form is Doppleganger.. tall grey thin alien motherfucker
Onta: Here we go. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20...
Ikitt: Just look for bald Changling pictures
Ikitt: they are part of the same family
Onta: And this is his glaive, stolen from someone years ago. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bmCOFaSQv8A/TE...
DM: Toker! Whatchu got now?
Onta: I was actually joking about Kha'Zix being his base, but that's kinda the inspiration for having sickle weapons. In case someone gets too close for his glaive to be effective, shapechange one of his hands into a bony blade and poke them
Ikitt: Well the shapechange is a whole race change not weapons
DM: Yarr
toker: No, you're not carnage
Onta: I don't mean turn himself into an actual sickle, just his hand into a scythe like Kha has, but okay.
toker: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Guy&r...
DM: So Orthen up a mountain with Onta stalking him for some reason or another... right. Remember that map I did of Elmrock? I'll plop you to the west, juuuuust off the map, on the edge of the mountain range and looking over the seas down towards a small port town. I'm guessing you've been wandering the wilderness for the past 5 days... somehow you guys have to have found out that this isn't your world, or we can bring that up later.
DM: *clicks*
toker changed name to Guy
Guy: Blam
Guy: Yeah, creative name
Guy: i know
Ikitt changed name to Manly Dude
DM: Very. Now I can't use that as every NPC's name.
Manly Dude: ..
Onta: ...oh lord.
DM: DAMN, KITT! You just stole my next NPC's name! DUUUDE!
Manly Dude changed name to Crages
Crages: I'll go with this name
Onta: Arrrrgh, I need a different name, Onta is driving me crazy
DM: Hurry up, then! I wanna get started! xD
Guy: Tryhardion, greatest of the munchkins
Crages: Remember Guy knows nothing!
Onta: Bleh, I'll just leave it
DM: Aye!
Guy: I know exactly as much as i should
DM: Onta... can always change it later. I like it for it's simplicity. xD
Guy: considering i just... fell out of the bloody sky
Onta: The only thing that's going to keep bothering me is that I know the origin and you don't xD
DM: You got a physical description?
Guy: uh, about that. Give me about five minutes.
DM: All right. xD
Guy: Little unprepared, kind of decided i was doing this... well, a few minutes after i entered chat
Onta: Spontaneity ftw
DM: That's all right. I didn't know these guys were gonna pull two new characters on me. xD Kitt's, I was prepared for, Vex's, nope! Means I had to change the location so they don't bump into other characters and complicate the story.
Onta: All the names in my head are at least partly Japanese in origin, but that gets old after a while...
DM: Do something British next time! xD Or Korean
Guy: Guessing i just need to send this to you somewhere when I'm done, or do you just want it in chat??
Onta: Sohyun
DM: Just in chat is fine.
Onta: ...I listen to too much j-rock, even that sounds Japanese to me
Crages: it is
DM: Save anything you do to your own computer, just in case I miss something - this week is very possible for that to happen. xD
Crages changed name to Crag
Crag: cause I can't think of a good name
DM changed name to Flowers and Bunnies
Onta: I'll just leave it as Onta for now.
Onta: Maybe come up with something late
Onta: later*
Flowers and Bunnies: Okay
Onta: Doppelgangers are obscure though, base name has to be weird
Onta: Normal names for his disguises
Onta: TSAMPIKOS
Flowers and Bunnies: NOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!
Crag: Flowers and Bunnies I'm going to make a wicked spot check and try to find the nearest campsite or small town!
Crag rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Onta: Spot check was indeed wicked
Flowers and Bunnies: Your buddy is standing in your way. You see nadda.
Flowers and Bunnies changed name to KATE
KATE: (Tell me where you are)
KATE: (Sorry, 20 min BRB. Sort out the rest of the stuff you need to and tell me where you guys are and what you are doing. We're gonna assume you're in the proximity of a mountain range near the shore.)
Onta: (If we're on a mountain, I'm jumping around behind rocks to keep tabs on Crag. In a forest, jumping behind trees. Guy could be laying near one of the rocks or trees that I slink past, and I could call to Crag and have him come help.)
Onta: (Or he could like, fall on my head.)
Guy: Working on this description thing
Onta: (That's the question though - how are we going to meet up with you?)
Crag: Your still not looking like a Gnoll are you? Cause I will be quick to attack if so
Onta: (You'd probably attack faster if some gray alien with glowing red eyes was stalking you)
Crag: Ya might I suggest a smarter approach?
Onta: (Just don't approach at all? xD)
Onta: (I'll stick to my human for now)
Crag: Early round since we have yet to really start
Guy: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Guy&r...
Guy: Guy stands a rather typical 5’8, with a moderate stature, light brown hair falls messily about his face, not quite resting on his shoulders. Cursed to be without an epic beard or a mysterious scar to define himself, Guy is a miserably plain fellow. Were it not for his leathers, which are more grey than black after years of use, and unembellished weaponry a casual observer would think him some tradesman’s apprentice, a mistake that never ceases to annoy the homely adventurer.
Guy: Lazy, that's what came out
Onta: Ooh, nicely done all the same
KATE: Back
KATE: Yes, nice! xD
Guy: I have a distaste for the self-description part of text RP. Mostly because of how hard a lot of people wank it while they're doing it. " My character is 11 foot tall, and 600 pounds of solid muscle. He has a perfectly trimmed goatee, a scar running over his left eye, a sixteen pack, a three foot schlong imprint in his leather pants, and the world's most badass trenchcoat covers his shirtless physique"
Guy: etc
Guy: etc
KATE: xD Kitt just got me to mash pictures together for him.
Guy: When in reality you know its some three-chinned guy with three weeks of neckbeard typing away furiously with Cheetos stained fingers.
Onta: Well that's where the fantasy bit comes into play.
KATE: (I still have very little idea of what NPCs you'll run across initiatlly... but lemme get started on a description of what's going on once you figure where you wanna be.) Guy, you woke in a crevice within a mountain range, unharmed and with all your possessions with you - that is, until you check your coin purse. It's limp as a rag, not a coin inside. For the past five days, you've been wandering the wilderness among the mountains, occasionally chancing upon the odd traveller who would claim to not remember anything (like you) of the past little while. One very talkative halfling you met mentioned something about having had two months pass since the last thing he remembered clearly - apparently he was some man of intelligence, but talked far too much. He left hastily with some claim to having to leave on important business.
KATE: (Looks like Crag and Onta are on top of a mountain looking at the view.)
Onta: (Are we partied yet, or am I still stalking him? xD)
KATE: (Stalking at this stage...)
KATE: (Need an introduction of the lot of you to each other... gives me time to figure out stuff like what you're doing when you get to wherever you guys are going. xD)
Guy: This is as good a time as any for a quick doze in the shade, I've little to eat, and conserving my energy for nightfall sounds like the best course of action right now. Someone wandering these hills has food that they'll share... one way or the other.
Onta: (I could just appear next to Kitt and look around casually and be like "Yup. Lots of rocks.")
KATE: (Heh, I need to come up with an NPC to pull you together, don't I?)
Guy: (kinda stuck waiting on our third member to peek his head out)
KATE: (Or Kitt to come back xD)
Guy: (Lazy thief is busy being a lazy thief. Starting adventures is for people with full stomachs and empty heads)
KATE: (xD Well... I'll kick this off.)
KATE: (Guy, do an awareness check!)
Onta: (Alright then, I'll suddenly pop in beside Kitt afterwards)
Onta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Onta: (24)
Crag: (No I'm a lone wolf! motherfucker )
Guy rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Guy: (not entirely sure what you'd add there, spot?)
Crag: (Oh we're doing pathfinder and IK style. Awareness (Spot+Listen made into one skill))
Onta: (Spot or Listen)
Guy: (awesome, glad i spent points on them individually)
Guy: 14
Onta
(Btw Kitt, this is for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BGgIYx2cvk )
Guy: ( or rather 18, if we're adding them both)
Crag grip tightens as he finally pulls himself over the next small cliff giving him a better view of his new surroundings. Looking from atop his elevated position he spots a small trail of a dirt road, perhaps a older unused route; plagued with bandits if he had to guess. Etherway it was the best thing he had to go on, and would slide down the rocky cliff side and start heading for the trail! (there blah)
KATE
Guy, as you start to doze in the shade, you hear the sounds of heavy footsteps thumping noisily through the forest. From your position slightly higher on the hill, you spy a large gnoll female dressed in studded leather armor of a muted blue shade, a similarly colored cloak spreading from her shoulders. One of her hands is covered in a spiked gauntlet and you can see a spiked chain hanging from her belt as she moves. Despite her grumpy face and laid-back ears and the usual swaggering walk of a gnoll, you get the feeling there is something official about this individual.
She doesn't seem to see you, heading on up the next hill, her tail swinging moodily behind her. She starts climbing up the rockier parts of the hill's face.
Onta, as you follow this mysterious fellow (Crag), you are certain you hear something behind you. Glancing back, you would see the gnoll climb to the top of the hill, hopping over the face of the same cliff Crag pulled himself up before heading for the trail. Her gaze is on her feet, distracted as she moves, a great sense of annoyance spreading about her.
KATE: (THERE!)
Crag: (A Gnoll really? I thought they were all evil?)
KATE: (Shhhh...)
KATE: (I need to be in bed in 2 hours so we can go to... Hobbiton.)
Crag: (Well I'm one of two not in the back so I'm not hearing the Gnoll chasing me to my death)
Guy: Groans, comfort is hard to come by on the road, and damn it to hell he was finally starting to doze until the...hyena...thing came stamping about. With a muttered curse he rises to his feet, marching forward to stop this mild disturbance... or see if it has a little food to spare.
Onta keeps his eyes on the stranger in front of him as he jumps from rock to rock silently, trailing him. He feels a small tugging sensation in the back of his mind, sensing another presence. He crouches on a large boulder and turns to see who's behind him and spots a female gnoll, narrowing his eyes. "Fuh... Humes and gnolls alike... Hume would be safer." Remaining in his human form, he drops onto the trail, walking quickly to try and catch up to the person in front of him. "Gnoll is coming, gnoll is coming, gnoll is coming..."
Crag: (Oh wait you mean me don't ya? Shit)
Onta: (Yeah, was trying to say it in a way that you might hear me and turn around)
KATE: (quick brb, getting ready for bed)
Guy Slows his pace, with every party in sight being armed, he'd much rather have time to react than be forced to betray his intentions blindly. The taller of the two seemed a little spastic, and twitchy men do stupid things if you take your eyes off them. If he paces things properly, the...thing will collide with the other two about the time he's in range of throwing a dart.
Guy (added a little color to his life)
Onta: (Color your dreams...)
Guy: (they are stained red by the blood of nooblords)
Crag would come stomping off the side of the cliff to the old dirty trail with his hands held open. Each way was empty and barren of tracks, perhaps farther up would prove better luck he thought taking a step till the fumbling steps behind him snapped. The strong jawed mountainous man would turn back with a rough face- "Gnolls.. is that the best you can come up with bandit?" -His hands reaching to his back for a large two-handed warhammer
Crag: (I love how no one will walk into the build till I have something to do.. like NO ONE for hours, then of posting time. Better send in the cleaning crews)
Onta: (The universe hates us all)
KATE: The gnoll glances up as she hears voices and frowns, seeing the two humans ahead... or one that looks human, the other... a little more stocky. Her unarmed hand moves to her belt to touch the spiked chain, but she doesn't slow her gait, heading for the pair of humans. So far, she seems unaware of the other behind her. Her teeth flash in a snarl before she barks out: "What are you doing in these parts?"
Crag: (And straight to fighting!)
Onta tilts his head. "Gnoll. Singular. Just one." He would sidestep around the dwarf to avoid his line of fire, but stand beside him, reaching up with one hand to hold the hilt of his glaive as he turns to watch the female. "I might ask/inquire the same of you."
Onta: (Gonna try a new speech pattern here.)
Crag: (I'm no dwarf!)
Onta: (Thought you were, sorry)
KATE: (xD)
Guy Smirks at bit, unhappy and inquisitive aren't good for business. Nor is a stocky fellow with a big hammer. He ducks down, hoping they're all too busy looking at each other to notice his slinking form as he closes the distance, trying to find an angle where he has a clean shot at each of them.
Crag: The mans grip only loosen for a moment when the frail man moves off to the side coward revealing his words to be true. Still cautiously he would move to side to keep him out of his view before yelling back in a stoic voice- "I'm travelin.. Nothing else." -His statement short and clean
Crag: ()Ahh Round, make it quick
Crag: (Also BAM http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... picture)
Onta: (Do I really look frail? ._.)
Onta: (Well, compared to that, maybe.)
KATE
The gnoll eyes both of them for a long moment before her ears twitch in acknowledgement. Her tail waves behind her a couple of times before she clicks her teeth together in something akin to agitation. "You have no place to ask me, hume," the gnoll growls before motioning at the trail. "If you're lost, I can point you towards the town where I'm headed, if you're only here to explore, I suggest you leave now, head east, north.... whichever strikes you as best. Just do not linger here long!"
She takes slow, measured steps towards the two humes before she is standing beside the smaller of the two. A brief snort of her nostrils is thrown in his direction before she rests her gaze on the bulkier. "Where do you hail from?" she asks bluntly.
Onta: (Guess I am. Yikes.)
KATE: (At the moment, it's saving you from the gnoll's questions. xD)
Onta: (Well it lookw like Kitt is the leader again)
Onta: (looks*)
Guy Stands, walking briskly towards the group. Words have won out thus far, and his mark was moving out. "and who are you to be asking questions of strangers you pass on the roadway? The authority to pry into a man's past isn't handed out freely, and I doubt your claim to such a position." He smiled, his left hand wrapped around a dart behind his back. He'd force this thing to tell him something, even if he had to anger it further to do so.
KATE: (Nope, just he looks more out-of-place than Onta does. )
Onta: (Well-played)
KATE
The gnoll flicks her ears back to follow the rogue's progress before she turns her head to the side to keep an eye on him as he approaches. She is silent for a moment, despite her previous frustration, she seems to be thinking deeply about something. Very suddenly, she takes a step back from the group - a few steps, in fact, so she is not flanked by the three of them. She lets her hand drop from her belt so as to show that hostility is now further from her mind than earlier.
"Just your comment here has taught me a great deal about you, hume... you are one of them." She seems to pause, letting this random and cryptic piece of information sink in before she continues. "I am here on the authority of Her Ladyship Nalwi Imirie of Elmrock Keep, one of the Royal Elite. I have every right to ask you anything while you are here in Elmrock, but now I know that the three of you are not from here. Let me guess... appeared here with no recollection of the past while? Past two months, to be rather exact?"
Onta blinks, letting go of his glaive, but keeps his ruby gaze trained on the female. "Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly. You know something we don't, and we wish/desire/want to know. Care to share?"
Guy "I suppose you get this often? Confused men too busy worrying about where the last weeks of their life went to bother asking why you look as though you'd enjoy one of us as a main course?". I'm not one to frequent conversations with things that look as though they could eat me in a sitting, so you've me a a bit of a disadvantage."
Guy "Jests aside, you've the right of it, at least for my sake. Woke up in these parts a few days back, penniless and without the foggiest clue as to why I am... wherever I am. Elmrock you said it was? The name rings no bells in my head. I do believe I've landed somewhere quite far from home."
Crag simply stands up straighter without a hint of care for the creatures words but the ones he finds useful. The ever growing presents of the two strangers coming closer to him was causing his familiar to toss and turn about protectively ready to act at any moment. Then the honeyed words of a new stranger seem to break the tension, as the gnoll moved back explaining herself and bring some light to subject at hand. His past memory did seem blank, perhaps she could be of use.- "And to think I blamed it on lack of sleep. If it is true that these two others are suffering from the same blight it may be best to hear you out."
KATE: "Maybe," the gnoll says in response to Onta. With a slight glare thrown in Guy's direction at the mention of her potentially eating him, she turns her attention to Crag, nodding in agreement. "First... if you would bring your hand out from behind your back, stranger... I would be far more less likely to have any desire to eat you..." She glances Guy up and down for a moment, then gives him a crooked, toothy grin. "You don't even look mildly appealing, I might say. Show me your hands, or we are in no situation to speak."
Guy twirls his left hand in front of him, the dart within his grasp disappearing back into his sleeve with more flair than should ever be required for such a gesture. " If you insist, we'll limit the number of sharp things involved in this conversation to my tongue and your teeth. Now, if you'd be so kind as to tell me how I've stumbled into your kingdom, I may be able to stop planning escape routes, and calculating how long it'll take you to wolf down the scrawny one with the polearm"
Crag chuckles once, more like a awkward cough though to the others, and grip lighten till the head of the massive warhammer hit the ground resting inbetween his palms. "Could use some meat for sure.. Just looking at you two makes me think you haven't eat'en in days." -He grunts spitting off to the side quietly listening now.
KATE
The gnoll seems both offended and amused at the concept of eating any of them. A snort flies from her snout before she folds her arms across her chest. "You were brought here by accident by a magical force that we are still uncertain on how to.... control. A being named Malakhi made the mistake of using an ancient spell that the Ancients used to alter their world as they saw fit... but it has degraded through the generations and no longer does what it is meant to do, having many side effects... including dragging people from another... realm. One like this, the Material Realm. Someone suggested it was an Alternate Material Realm, but I do not fully understand the whole concept... I only heard news of this strange happening last night by messenger."
She rubs behind one of her ears, a slight dreamy expression crossing her face before she drops her hand back to her side and the snarling, slightly annoyed expression returns. "So, long story short... the spell got messed up, we've all forgotten two months of our lives, and some things have been altered just slightly... such as cities jumping rivers or people's lives being a little muddled up. One of the biggest changes is that a lot of you people ended up slipping into our world... it is now the Royal Elites' job to hunt you down and offer you assistance."
Onta: (w, give me a second)
Onta looks at the hume that was behind the gnoll, tilting his head one way, then tilting it the other way when he looks at the hume with the warhammer. "Scrawny?" He extends his left hand, brushing it lightly against Crag's cheek, then waves right hand slowly in front his own face. When "his" face is revealed again, it is a copy of Crag's face. His body bubbles and boils from within as he begins to transform, his armor and skin melting and changing colors to a vaguely humanoid but shapeless mass, from which new features are carved - a perfect body double of Crag, except for his glaive and his voice. "Yes, I am scrawny. No meat." He then looks back to the gnoll, clearing his throat, letting his voice drop several notes to imitate Crag's voice. "What kind of assistance?"
Onta: (There, now we have a limiter on shapechanging - I have to make physical contact with someone before copying their form.)
Guy " I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this isn't a clever ploy to "assist" us in becoming stew meat. If you've a plan, or protocol for this, I'm more than willing to go along for the time being. Assistance sounds like a meal to me, and right now that's enough of a reason to tag al... He stops short with the display put on by the pole arm wielding... thing. " Assistance also sounds like not allowing whatever the hell that thing is to touch me."
KATE: The gnoll absently glances at Onta as he speaks, but her eyes widen and her fur ripples in discomfort and hostility as the transformation takes place. Her head bobs down, her hackles rising high above her ears on end, and jaws part to display her sharp teeth as her tail starts to fluff aggressively, an unconscious growl working it's way up her throat before she can stop it. Her hand goes to her belt for the spiked chain.
Crag raises a eyebrow while listening to the story hanging on to every small detail like it was some fairy tell blown out of context .- "Sounds all to interesting.. If I was duller fool I would have payed you for such a story. But you are serious, and do not jest? That story does seem rath.. Don't ya!" -His words cut off as he shoves the smaller man backward and glares at his transformation.- "Another Arcane trick I gather? Is this one of your spies gnoll?"
Crag: (FYI Alterself doesn't changer your clothing or armor at all just your body skin ect)
Onta: (I'll keep that in mind. First time is bound to be a bit rough.)
Guy with a quick flick of the wrist, he sends a dagger flying handle-first towards the gnoll's hand, attempting to slow the start of a confrontation. " Easy now, easy. You look like you can eat me, he looks like he can look like me, and the other guy looks like he'd like to smash us all into paste. No reason to get all riled up and make sure someone bleeds over this.
Guy: (rolling diplomacy on this, just for the sake of it)
Guy rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Crag: (xD This is the one character I've played that won't play nicely to tricks I suggest you keep that in mind hah)
Guy: ( a mighty 9)
Crag: (fyi this roller is amazing )
KATE: (Let's see if I can make a check against you...)
KATE rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Onta laughs jovially. "I am no spy. The gnoll can attest to that." He waves his right hand in front of his face again, and the transformation begins once more as he returns to his human form. "Shadow. Clone. Copycat. Doppelganger." He takes a low bow. "The name is Onta. Pleased to meet you."
KATE: (Bam!)
Guy "Besides, if its a fight you're after, I'm forced to side with the two who don't look as though they can eat me. Make your play, and we'll see who lives to judge the wisdom of it. "
KATE: The gnoll shakes her smarting hand as the dagger's hilt smacks into her wrist. Still warily watching Onta, she crouches and picks up the dagger before straightening. "This... is not appreciated," she says, her voice sounding thicker, more... rough, as if reverting to something more gnollish and less sophisticated. "Face-wearer, actions such as that will... end you up in trouble. The face-wearers of Yerthae do not have a kind history here... if you are in fact not one of them yourself!" The handle flips in her fingers, grasping the hilt.
KATE: (brb, need a drink)
Crag: (take this time to Round early GO ON)
KATE: (back)
Guy " I'll take that back when you've the time, and before we all began to give into our...baser instincts, you'd mentioned something about rounding our kind up and providing assistance. Let's get back to a little more of that, and a little less of getting ready to kill one another."
Onta shakes his head slowly. "I know nothing of this place, not being from here myself. It would naturally follow that my history doesn't line up with the history of doppelgangers in this zone/area/world. I only seek a way back to my home. The shadows of my home, we live our lives as any human/person/creature might. I would greatly prefer to avoid fighting where possible, but I have no inhibition to painting in crimson when so moved." He grips the hilt of his glaive once more, crouching slightly to prepare for combat. "If you intend to harm me, there is nothing to stop me from killing you."
KATE
The gnoll holds onto the dagger, almost a little possessively. She still looks aggressive, but she manages to stop baring her teeth at Onta and lessen the fluffiness of her neck. She takes a moment to collect herself, then snaps at the air before shoving the dagger into Guy's hands. "Assistance such as, temporary stay, finding you work, or even putting you in the effort to hunt down this Malakhi being and find a way to return you to your own homes... but thus far, it has not been proven you can return at all."
She reaches up behind both ears with her hands and smooths down her scruff. "As for immediate things such as food... the hume town on the shore would be best. I am headed there, so follow." She hesitates for a moment, then glances at Onta, her green eyes narrowing before she shows him another snarl. "And I will not take threats lightly, beast. If this hume were not here to back you up, do not think I would not strike you down right now."
Guy Stares over at Onta, looking mildly agitated. "There's always that one in the bunch. If you can shift at will, shift into something that doesn't need a pole arm as compensation, before you turn this little Arthian standoff we have here into a blood bath. I'd like a meal and a bed tonight. You killing the first thing to offer me one in days seems quite inconvenient." His eyes shift to the gnoll " Lead the way, and let's see if we can reach civilization before nightfall."
KATE: (Timeskip?)
Crag merely watches as the story unfold onto what has recently happen to his memory and homeland. For the past five days or so he been traveling the cliff sides, checking every tunnel and cave for clues. He wouldn't say much but fall in line with everyone keeping his distance from the shapechanger. (go for it)
Onta casts a playful grin at the gnoll, meeting her gaze with his own as he stands up fully straight and releases his glaive. "I will keep that in mind, Miss Gnoll."
Onta: (Sure)
Guy: ( works well enough for me. Depends on if Vex wants to try to kill off an NPC this early or not)
Onta: (I only said that I would defend myself if attacked)
Guy: (When making friends, its usually in good form to pass on informing them that you could kill them if you pleased)
KATE: (Should just randomly try that out... 'Sure, here's my cellphone number... and I could totally kill you if I wanted to!')
Onta: (Lulz, friends. No friends yet, just people to travel with.)
KATE
The gnoll doesn't speak much, preferring to take lead with her same grumpy stomps through the grass, rocks, and dirt of the hilly mountain region. The track, long abandoned, seemed to be of little interest to her as she takes them cross-country through twisted hills and beneath the boughs of large pine trees. Occasionally she would stop to listen, motioning for the others to halt, but then would continue on as if nothing was bothering her.
The hours drag by - three, you all think. About mid-afternoon, she leads the group over the crown of a small hill, the horizon spreading before them as a sea of glassy water. Down on the shore below, you all spy a small town with a port. Small sailing ships are coming in and out of the ports, seagulls circling above. The gnoll doesn't pause to enjoy the view and instead starts making her way down the hillside.
Another thirty minutes and the four of them stand at the bottom of the hills, gazing at this town. It is fairly open, no walls, and on the outskirts are a few farms, but you all notice that none are out-of-immediate reach of the town by foot. This town has a small sign on the outskirts simply stating: 'This is Fishoak. There are no oaks here.' It's written in badly scrawled writing and most of it is mispelled.
(What are you guys looking for?)
KATE: (Also, I may have to go to sleep soon... getting sleepy)
Crag: (we could stop here it's cool)
KATE: (I can go for a wee bit longer)
Onta inspects the sign for a few seconds. "No oaks here? Humes have such strange names for their places of residence..."
Onta: (We don't have any money, what is there to do?)
KATE: (I could have picked something else to be missing, couldn't I? xD(
Guy: (We go where all great adventures start, THE TAVERN!)
Onta: (Onta doesn't even have a pack right now, just his glaive and sickles)
Guy "well hopefully they've a few fish to spare, otherwise this may have been for naught. I assume this town has an alehouse of some sort where we may find a meal?"
KATE: (I wanna give you guys something good for a tavern... maybe I should wait for next time. I'm too tired. Keep yawning. xD)
Crag passes Onta in a slow steady walk getting closer to the center of the town.- "Joy... People, merchants.." -After taking a few steps in he would glance around to small shops taking note of nothing of interest really. His glare turning back to the gnoll with a 'what are we here for' type of look.- "This place seems to simple, any reason you were heading here Gnoll?"
KATE: (You all be on tomorrow night?)
Crag: I will for sure
Onta: I will too
Guy: Yeah, its not like I've anything to do
KATE: xD Okay. Not sure what time I'll pop on, but I will definitely try to be online!
KATE: Maybe I'll have pictures of Hobbiton to share.
KATE: 'Night guys, it was fun having you here with us Toker!

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 am by Kate Orchix

~Other OTHER Session 2 (2nd December 2012)


The gnoll doesn't speak much, preferring to take lead with her same grumpy stomps through the grass, rocks, and dirt of the hilly mountain region. The track, long abandoned, seemed to be of little interest to her as she takes them cross-country through twisted hills and beneath the boughs of large pine trees. Occasionally she would stop to listen, motioning for the others to halt, but then would continue on as if nothing was bothering her.
The hours drag by - three, you all think. About mid-afternoon, she leads the group over the crown of a small hill, the horizon spreading before them as a sea of glassy water. Down on the shore below, you all spy a small town with a port. Small sailing ships are coming in and out of the ports, seagulls circling above. The gnoll doesn't pause to enjoy the view and instead starts making her way down the hillside.
Another thirty minutes and the four of them stand at the bottom of the hills, gazing at this town. It is fairly open, no walls, and on the outskirts are a few farms, but you all notice that none are out-of-immediate reach of the town by foot. This town has a small sign on the outskirts simply stating: 'This is Fishoak. There are no oaks here.' It's written in badly scrawled writing and most of it is mispelled.
Onta inspects the sign for a few seconds. "No oaks here? Humes have such strange names for their places of residence..."
Guy "well hopefully they've a few fish to spare, otherwise this may have been for naught. I assume this town has an alehouse of some sort where we may find a meal?"
Crag passes Onta in a slow steady walk getting closer to the center of the town.- "Joy... People, merchants.." -After taking a few steps in he would glance around to small shops taking note of nothing of interest really. His glare turning back to the gnoll with a 'what are we here for' type of look.- "This place seems to simple, any reason you were heading here Gnoll?"
Kate: (Anything else?)
Ikitt changed name to Crag
Crag: (So seems my good mood is dead now, my phone just broke -_- )
Kate: (Broke?)
Crag: (It ran out of power, now when I try to charge it, it just shows teh logo flashing on and off like its starting to charge then dies, and trys again over and over)
Onta: (Sounds more like you just have a wonky charge slot. Mine does that now and then.)
Guy: (could be that charger, honestly, does weird shit with my phone too)
Onta glances to the side, noticing Crag's careful movements. "I do not need to copy you again, you have nothing to fear from me. Nor do you." He points to Guy, then the gnoll. "I am aware of your discomfort/ill-ease/distrust. Despite what you may have heard of shadows, I am not evil."
Crag: (Going to Round sorry Kate but dunking Fizz was highly important )
Guy "its nothing personal, but the ability to copy a man so wholly isn't something i considered feasible half an hour ago. Then again, I didn't know there were hyenapeople, or that they could speak"
Guy (forgot to get his color back)
Kate
The gnoll chooses to ignore Onta for the moment, seemingly uncomfortable with him even still - a quick glance is thrown in his direction though, so she had not entirely forgotten about him. She instead answers Guy and Crag. "The tavern is the largest building here, see?" She motions briefly to a large wooden construct, a limp sign swinging lazily to and fro above the door. It has no creative title and is simply titled 'Beer.' The gnoll starts moving towards the tavern, the road into the town leading almost straight to the large building. It's two stories high and stretches out for a fair distance, so must have lots of lodgings.
"As for my presence here, I have tracked a... hunter down here. I am to either take her in or kill her if she will not cooperate with me. Captain Ozrael's orders."
Guy "You seem quite capable of handling yourself, but I do feel indebted. If this hunter proves to be troublesome, I don't mind working for my supper... Though given my present condition, the meal may have to come first, I'm entirely too hungry to spill blood"
Onta: (Should I respond again, or wait for Crag to say something?)
Guy Falls in step behind the gnoll, keeping his eye on the citizenry. Not quite sure why no one seems alarmed at the appearance of said gnoll marching through the middle of their town.
Kate
"So be it," the gnoll says. "But I warn you, as soon as we enter this establishment, she will recognize me by my clothing and most likely flee. If that's the case, I will have to follow her... follow me if you will, or stay. Either way, I'll find my way back most likely. First, I must figure out which one she would be..." She gives a snap of her teeth before briefly glancing at Guy. "And to answer your curiosity... I was raised by elves, so I am not fully... what a gnoll should be. Most do not even speak the common tongue and are brutes and savages."
She turns to walk into the tavern. (If ya want!)
Guy " If she's so quick to flee at the sight of you... Well, where I come from there's a saying about catching more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. If you could adequately describe this person, and keep me from walking in the door with an empty purse, I may be able to lead her outside... or to a room upstairs."
Kate: The passing citizens and tradesmen appear to only be briefly alarmed by the gnoll's presence, but then reassured only a moment later as if they recognize her. Nobody stops to greet her or the others, so obviously she isn't exactly an honored guest, even if she is known. Most citizens are dressed in clothes found commplace amongst people of their means - modest income, not rich, yet not exactly poor either. The tradesmen are not smartly dressed, most appearing to have just pulled themselves from the docks or stalls, most appearing tired or hungry. Quite a few are pushing through the doors to the tavern.
Kate: The gnoll hesitates as Guy offers his services and seems to take his offer in mind. With a soft grunt, she agrees. Reaching beneath the edge of her armor, she takes down a silver chain from her neck and places it in Guy's palm. "Until we ship in some more coins, trading is our only means of commerce. I will not miss this - it should be enough to buy you all food and drink... I will go down to the docks and return in an hour. Should that be sufficient time?"
Guy " If i can't manage it within an hour, I can't manage it at all. In the best case, I'll see if our...mutable acquiantince will remain downstairs to inform you of what room I've taken. Otherwise, I'll attempt to stall her here, or lead her to the docks."
Onta stands to the side of the door, peering inside. "So many people in one place... So many..." He cracks his knuckles in front of himself happily. "I'll remain out here for now. Perhaps you'll be able to focus better knowing that I'm not directly by your side. If she decides to flee, give me a signal of some sort and I will catch/arrest/apprehend her."
Kate
"Fine," the gnoll says. "All I know of her is she has a short temper, enjoys a bit of conflict, and should be fairly... small. I was only given a description of her being short, hume, and favoring weapons such as axes. I hope that will be enough to go by, and if not... she just won't fit in with the rest of the populace. There may be more adventurers in there, however, so... check first. She is a killer, so be wary."
She glances at Onta and nods softly. "That might be best. Do not... change before people's eyes here. They will react far more suddenly than I was even going to back in the wilderness."
Guy " I could hope for a little more to go on, but wooing strangers hoping to find the right one was a common excercise in happier and more realisitc times. I'll do what needs doing, I was warned that women would be the death of me, but I'd rather save the dying for once I'm home."
Kate: (I'll wait for Kitt here. xD)
Guy: (aye, he has been rather silent, assuming he's on a round)
Kate: (Yup, should be back soon... betcha in the next 4 minutes)
Crag: (Sorry sorry)
Crag: (needed Coffee )
Kate: (Aw, I should have said 'next minute'...)
Onta smirks at the gnoll. "I am well aware that humans are not used to my kind. You needn't... worry about me."
Crag "Songs like a solid plan, though I wish we do not have to injury anyone. But if you do say she is a killer I'll keep that in mind till we have her.. Though I do hate taverns, atleast this one looks removed." -Moving to open the door first and press on.
Kate: (Anyone posting?)
Kate: (Sorry. xD)
Crag: (Why an hour? That's kinda long to wait.)
Crag: (I was reading trying to catch up)
Kate: (The gnoll reckons they'll probably eat too. Also, she may have business at the docks. )
Onta: (And I'll just stand outside and look pretty for a while.)
Crag: (Onta ya kinda took my role, as I am NOT going to fit in with these people. But I am here, detail what we see inside!)
Onta: (I really did think that everyone would be more at ease without him nearby. Also, it would be too tempting to just poke everyone and have like 10+ new faces.)
Onta: (But if you want to switch, then say something.)
Guy falls in step behind crag, keeping his wits about him. If there's anything he knew in life, it was most certainly a tavern, but with how the past hour of his life had gone, there was not telling what he was walking into.
Kate
As you push one of the doors open and bowl on in, your eyes adjust to the dim interior. The main room is large, everything made of dark wood - counters, stools, tables, chairs, and even the coat hanger by the door. The room smells of alcohol and has a faint, wood-y scent of smoke - you spy several men smoking pipes about the building, and a fire is crackling noisily in the fireplace surrounded by stools. The establishment is set up to take a fair number of individuals - even if the town is small, it seems that the port draws some attention.
Most of the people drinking and eating in the tavern are men, humes for the most part, though you do see a few with pointed ears or more elvish features. There are a few barmaids, all human except for one who appears to be an elf. The bartender himself is human, a tall man with a long, pointy nose and cool eyes. His hair is tied back in a short ponytail at the nape of his neck while he works. The barmaids go about their work with little trouble, though they are obviously there more for the view than for actual work.
The stools before the bar are lined with men laughing, eating, drinking, and smoking as the bartender busily serves up drinks. Few of the tables are filled, but most who sit there are only eating, not drinking. Against a far wall are several more private booths - in this area, there are even fewer people, though the hint of boots sticking out from around one of the wooden partitions indicates that maybe one or two people occupy the booths.
Kate: (BAM!)
Kate: (Hm?)
Onta: (I'm outside, there's nothing for me to do)
Kate: (You can always peek inside and just linger by the door if ya want. Less boring than sitting outside.)
Crag nose flairs as he walks through the smoky entrance, waving off the clouds of tobacco and scent of ale. "Quite a cheerful place, seems like it's full of honest folk. Let's hit the main counter for a bite and settle in for a moment." -The crowded area of festive drunkards we're the best company for fitting in, and had the looses tongues for getting information he thought. Striding over to the counter with a small thanks as a pair moved there chairs to allow him some extra squeezing room before seating.
Onta: (I might sneak in and steal a face or two in a moment)
Guy Approaches the bar slowly, scanning around for his intended mark through the crowd, and somewhat relieved that the taverns in this world make sense. He places the chain on the counter, motioning the bartender over. " What can a man find to eat around here?"
Crag: (I'm so out of character xD So use to being the loud mouth, it's hard playing the quiet guy.)
Kate
The bartender quickly takes up the chain, having seen both Crag and Guy enter together. He slides a pitcher of ale Crag's way before motioning up at a wooden board behind him in response to Guy's question. "'Tis all listed up there. Eggs, poached, boiled, fried, mashed, whatever y'like. Bacon, soup, some o' Milly's lasagne - damn good stuff too - and a mess of leaves that Janna calls a 'salad' if you're one of the vegan-elf-fellows. Want a drink?"
A drunkard next to Crag clanks his beer mug against Crag's pitcher before the larger man can even pick it up. "Cheers, man... you got a nice beard there!"
Guy "I'll give that lasagne a shot, keep the leafy mess for the womenfolk... speaking of womenfolk, I've an eye out for one. Short, fond of axes, dangerous type. Any chance you've seen a fitting lass pass through today?"
Crag nods in thanks, rubbing his chin with proud grin- "Thanks, comes in the family.." -Trying to end the conversation quickly enough and using the pitcher as a escape route from having to talk longer and taking a swig.- "I already ate, but thank ya.."
Crag: (Doing a spot check for the girl!)
Crag rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Crag: (16? Awareness)
Crag: (round)
Kate
The bartender yells over his shoulder through the door leading through to the back - where the kitchens must be - before returning his attention to Guy. "The hunter? Yeah, she's by herself over in the booth... blew off a fellow who tried to bother her about an hour ago. She's just been hanging about, ordering drinks... I should probably get the ladies to stop sending her drinks now, or she may just not leave here conscious... only a wee lady."
Crag, even as the bartender is speaking, you toss a glance about the room. Not many women are about, and you notice those that are tend to be unarmed or of average height or taller. However, as your eyes wash over the booths, you notice that one of the boots sticking out from the edge of the wood division, tapping on the floor, is of a seemingly small size. If you were to glance slightly upwards, you would notice the hilt of some weapon that looks like it could be an axe.
Kate: (brb, putting my bed together)
Crag elbows guy and nods over to her direction- "Think you can woo that drunk'en shrew?" (ROUND)
Onta: (Over here for a moment when you get back Kate? http://us6.chatzy.com/51032852874485 )
Guy "barman, have me a mug of whatever she's drinking sent over to the table, I do believe my charms have been challenged, and hold off on that meal, I'll be back for it shortly" He pushes himself away from the bar, rehearsing and rehasing his opening gambit as he weaves through patrons to reach the booth, arriving promptly after the drink has been delivered. " G'day madam, forgive me for seeming untoward, but I feel quite out of place here. Tell me, have you heard something about strangers simply...appearing recently?"
Onta: (We're all still here, yes?)
Crag slaps Guy's back as he finishes his speech to the barman and heads straight into the mouth of hell itself.- "I'll keep watch from here, and make sure no gnomes get into your food hah.." -(Casting Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. on him as he leaves) Then turning back to drunkard next to him with a forced smile- "Ya.. Bet ya get alot of adventuring kind here and more so after all this.. Memory thing huh? Makes me wonder how many they're in this very bar with the same issue.. Crazy"
Crag: (I think Kate is enjoying her vacation and making her bed, so we got plenty of time )
Onta: (Just making sure I didn't lag out of the chat again)
Kate: (backish, slow for a moment...)
Crag: (This spell imbues the subject with a touch of divine guidance. The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies. Just so you know Toker)
Crag: (no rush Kate)
Kate: (Okay, I'm back!)
Guy: (take your time, I'm fine)
Kate: (I have... an hour and a half before I have to sleep. I'll get typing!)
Onta: (Kitt, quick question - does Heroism stack with Guidance?)
Crag: (It would if you had teh spell)
Onta: (Just checking, it doesn't say anything about stacks on any of my spells)
Kate: (Sorry, having a sneezing fit here, won't be long...)
Crag: (Now if you play bardic music that will help )
Onta: (Is that only once a day that I can play any song, or once a day that I can use each song?)
Onta: (Oh, per bard level, never mind)
Kate
Guy, you move towards the booth and just as your rehearsal is delivered, after the drink, and find yourself having approached a young woman. You doubt she's even into her early twenties. She's staring into the new mug that's arrived, and she slowly looks up as Guy speaks to her. Her brown hair is long, reaching down past her shoulders. A slight figure, her size is off-put by the massive greataxe resting on the table before her. She wears a simple shirt with no sleeves, studded armor protects her torso, and she wears fingerless gloves on her hands. By her slurred reaction, you can tell she is quite drunk. "Pith off."
The drunkard grins stupidly at Crag. "Nah, this memory thing only affected Elmrock... I remember the past two months juuuuust fine!" He chuckles and slurps at his drink. "Sailing. Gawsh, I hate sailing..."
Onta: (That made me laugh perhaps a bit harder than it really should have)
Crag: (I demand some rolling!)
Kate: (Roll then!)
Kate: (For whatever you like!)
Onta: (Rolling for awesomeness!)
Onta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kate: (Onta succeeds!)
Onta stands by the tavern door, looking awesome.
Crag: (Surprised you just don't walk in looking like someone else Vex)
Kate: ( http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/2... This is kinda what I had in mind.)
Onta: (Getting there xD)
Onta then decides to actually look inside again, scanning the crowd for Guy and Crag... (Awareness to find them!)
Onta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate: (You see them, easy)
Guy: (working on it, just a moment)
Guy: (going to roll a diplomacy along with this post)
Kate: (All righty)
Crag: (GOing to hit this round early, don't worry I'm saying anything else to the drunk man)
Crag: (not*)
Kate: (He is just drunk. No real plot figure there... he just had to comment on your beard.)
Kate: (Hm?)
Guy "unfortunately, I've nowhere to be, and for some reason I think I enjoy your company... not to mention you seem entirely too taken with the drink to be left to your own devices. Just enjoy the free mug and let me pick your brain a bit. I'm thouroughly confused as to what's going on, and I've been deposited here"
Guy rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Guy: (13, with the +1 from crag)
Kate: (With an opposing check, she cancels it out... she totally doesn't wanna be friends. xD)
Kate: The woman is quiet for a moment, just staring glassily at Guy for a moment before abruptly moving to stand, her hand moving for the greataxe. She ends up face-planting on the table in front of her, instead, however, missing the axe's handle. Grunting, she slips back into her seat and holds her face before grabbing up the new mug and taking a big gulp. "Ta for the mug," she mutters, her voice less slurred now. "People get drunk and forget things all the time... what's the big deal?"
Onta spots Crag over by a table with another large male, and Guy with the targeted hunter. He grins to himself, having found who he was looking for, and quickly ducks into a dark corner beside the tavern so he's away from prying eyes before morphing into a tall female elf with tanned skin, long white hair tied in a ponytail, and silvery eyes. ( http://elvespictures.com/images/gallery/uploads_big/High-Elf-Mage-by-thedarkestseason-73.jpg ) "He" heads to the entrance and steps inside, immediately taking in the sights and sounds before homing in on Crag. Stepping lightly and playfully, she weaves through the crowd towards him, lightly tracing her hand over his shoulder as she passes, making sure to avoid his skin so he's not too alarmed. "Hey handsome... Why don't you come talk to me later? I can promise you a good time...♥" She looks down at Crag directly, letting her eyes flash crimson so Crag knows that who it really is, before stalking back into the crowd.
Onta: (Blah, that took forever to find the right words for.)
Kate: (Onta's so mean. xD)
Onta: (Also, this is the proper link > http://elvespictures.com/images/gallery/... )
Onta: (It was more to let Crag know that he's around and ready to help if things go sour, using a form that's more likely to be accepted by everyone else)
Guy " Ever forgotten two months and woken up in a world where the impossible happens? Because that's where I'm at right about now. From what I can gather, people like me have been falling out of the sky recently around... Elmrock, whatever that is. Just trying to get my bearings, seeing if this is something that happens all the time."
Guy Drinks from his own mug, keeping an eye on the woman, and her axe, trying not to smile. Its only a matter of time until the drink overtakes her, and she's as harmless as a babe.
Crag: (Stop making me feel awkward plus Crag hates elfs >,> Being half-dwarf and all)
Onta: (But Onta doesn't know that. Just tell him later, after the mission is complete.)
Onta: (Do you think a drunk person would take a penalty against Daze? xD)
Kate
The woman circles a finger lazily about the room, only moving one finger to do so. "This is Elmrock. This island and three other little things... planet's Yerthae, moon's... what's the moon? I never knew that stuff anyways..." She mumbles something unintelligent before draining the rest of her drink. "Hum... that elf looks like she isn't wearing much." She blearily watches Onta in his fake form, merging with the crowd, but suddenly snaps back to the present. "Don't like elves. Snotty, racist things... wait, you saying you fell from the sky? Like... the moon? So you're like a... moon guy. Wait, this sounds wrong..."
She takes a moment to think, looking confused before grabbing her greataxe and dropping it in her lap. "Why you talkin' to me?" she suddenly asks.
Kate: (Not sure... remind me what it does?)
Onta: (Ah, never mind, less than four HD, humans are eight. Word for word though, it "clouds the mind of a humanoid creature." I figured since she's drunk, it would be easy/funny to fog her up a bit more xD)
Kate: (Mmkay)
Crag causally shrugs at the drunkard man next to him as the women comes passing by. He makes no notion toward the women but a grisly stare for a moment then nudging the drunkard toward her- "Hmmm.. Ya should try your luck mate, I'm not a fan of those fair kind... I like a girl with a little meat on her ya know? I wonder how boy doing though." -He says cranking his neck to keep in view and trying to keep the time.
Crag: (And Four HD means someone with only four hit dices of HP like a level 4 character)
Onta: (Eh, still not gonna waste a spell on it when I only have two slots for the day.)
Kate: The drunkard grins crookedly, setting his mug down before following the elf woman. He trips over the next stool and lands flat on his face. Abashedly, he gets to his feet and sits back at the counter on a different stool, looking a bit foolish as he orders another beer.
Kate: (Also, ya dunno what level she is.)
Onta: (That too.)
Crag: (So I'm thinking we try to get her wasted or talk to the bar keep and tell him what's up and take her back unharmed.. can't be that hard)
Onta: (Sounds like a plan)
Onta: (Prestidigitation to make her beer three times as strong!)
Kate: (She's just gulped it all down)
Onta: (Not really, but that would be interesting. Would she be able to taste the difference the way she is now?)
Crag: (Sadly you can only change the color or change the flavor)
Crag: (The trick to it is ordering a stronger drink and making it taste better)
Onta: (I was kidding anyways.)
Onta: (I have no money and two spell slots.)
Kate: (Prestidigitation I was gonna have as a freebie)
Onta: (Like, no cost?)
Crag: (Ya really should just change to a Shapeling so you can have max ranks in a class and be stronger. )
Kate: (No need to use up a spell slot, yeah)
Kate: (Toker, you alive?)
Onta: (Oh cool, but still not right now, especially if she has no beer to change)
Onta: (Also, that's not on the list)
Guy: (minor computer freakout)
Crag: (So? Told ya it's simple to make just use human.. and remember you have Alter Self like a Doppllerganger, but no Detect thoughts at will)
Kate: (30 mins, then I must sleep)
Onta: (I'd lose a ton of skill points and saves... What exactly would I be maxing out?)
Crag: (I'll explain later when we're on SKype)
Guy "No particular reason, you caught my eye as someone who deals with mysterious things for a living. So... elves are what you call those things with the pointy ears? Sorry, just trying to get up to speed here. I'm definitely a long way from home". He motions to the bartender for another drink, intent on keeping her preoccupied until the alcohol takes hold completely.
Crag: (Also I just spooked the other guard, he was walking around my building cause he has a door close to mine. I have a small camera linked to that door with a voice box and a remote to move teh camera and unlock the door. And as he walked by I yelled into it and it didn't what was happen cause no one showed him it xD)
Crag: (So he was jsut sitting there laughing talking to a door (AKA me) )
Onta: (Eeeeeeevil)
Kate: The bartender sends over another waitress. She places another mug before the woman and one before Guy, then leaves. The woman looks at her mug for a moment and frowns, not touching it. "Everyone knows what an elf is... are you drunk or summat?" She peers at Guy for a moment, then slowly starts to stand. "Aw no... I think I know what you're doing... you're doing the same thing that other guy was doing, but he wasn't orderin' me drinks!"
Onta: (Oh, this looks like it's turning bad quickly)
Guy: ( attempt a bluff here, will roll for it after the post)
Crag slides out from his stool moving over toward the pair ready to say something, but stops. (I will wait to see how well this ends up)
Guy " I don't know who this other guy was, or what he had in mind for you, but a stiff drink passes the time while chatting, and I'm not rude enough to simply drink in front of you, feel free to begin buying your own again. I wish i was drunk, but where I come from, there aren't elves, At least not that I've ever seen".
Guy rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Guy: (22)
Guy: (21 rather, I can't add)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Crag: (Toker tell her there is going to be a fair down by the docks or you got a boat! Bitshes love boats!)
Guy: (at this rate i'm tempted to let her drink herself unconscious here, assist the bartender in getting her to a room, and then passing that room number off to the gnoll, why get my hands dirty?)
Onta: (Ah, playing it safe)
Kate
The woman eyes him stoically, but slowly eases herself back into her seat. She seems to believe he has good intentions, or at least ones that aren't too harmful. A frown crosses her face before she picks up the next drink and slurps it down in several gulps. She slams the mug down on the table before hiccuping and rubbing at her eyes clumsily. "No elves... heh, you goin' home any time soon? I'll come along if it's true there's no elves there... Sounds like... a paradise or summat." She hiccups again before again abruptly standing. "Home, dammit... knew there was sumfing I was meant to be doin'!" She stumbles out of the booth, trying to strap her greataxe across her back rather unsuccessfully.
"Oi, help me wit this, would you?"
Guy: (You can play safe, or you can re-roll once a week)
Onta: (Pfft, you're clearly not acquainted with how strangely we play yet)
Kate: (20 mins xD)
Guy catches the hefty weapon as best he can, fiddling with the straps as he secures it. "Tell me, where are you off to in such a rush, you're in no condition to try to make it too far right about now" A smile broadens across his face, trying his hardest to seem genuine and nonthreatening, a drunk woman is easily followed, but he'd put too much effort into this woman to not play his hand out.
Crag polity waves off the barkeeper and his stupendously drunk friend- "Ahh, well I should be heading off for a bit.. Thank you.." -And with that Crag was off seeing as how well the honeyed words had been working. He only caught tid-bits but from the look of things they were leaving and so was he. Passing by the taverns crowds to the door! (I'm leaving!)
Kate
"I'm just fine!" she retorts, waiting as he secures it. She sways just slightly on her feet, but with a hiccup, turns to face him. "Uhm... home? Home sounds good... yeah, was meant to be going there... then some one saw I killed some body and something went wrong, and... yeah. It's like... everybody has a problem with me when I bring out the fangs! It's... it's stupid! Back home they just accept it and move on, y'know!?"
Suddenly, she smacks her forehead on his shoulder. "Bye." With that, she turns and drunkenly makes her way towards the door, almost tripping on Crag's heels as she does so. "Watch your feet, idiot... they're in the way!"
Kate: (Me too!)
Kate: (10 mins)
Crag stops in his tracks blocking the doorway as he turns around with a hearty grin- "Idiot? Hmm, and to think I thought ya'll a friendly lot around here. Maybe if ya wasn't such a light weight ya wouldn't stumble into me." -He says, all with a kind gentle voice, still unmoving.
Crag: (How long has it been, anywhere near a hour?)
Kate: (Eh, 40 mins or so?)
Onta watches Crag's form disappear out the door, followed soon by Guy and the hunter. Working back through the tables, he prepares to intervene if necessary.
Crag: (BARD Why don't you know Charm Person >,<
Crag: ( >,< )
Crag: (we can stop there if ya want Kate)
Guy Steps forward to follow at a pace behind, she's entirely too drunk to be difficult to follow. " Well you've forced my hand, you're entirely too inebriated, and you've already been accosted without making it ten feet. I will have to see you home if I'm to live with my conscience madam. Please, lead the way." He motions to crag as soon as her back as turned, waving him off. She may not object to his company, but a second man following her will spoil it all.
Onta: (I discussed the possibility of slowly gaining levels to catch up in exchange for some hefty nerfs, but she said no)
Onta: (Besides, Charm Person would make her act favorably towards ME, but I haven't even talked to her yet)
Crag: (You can look like anyone, it's not a issue if you had some lvls in bard.)
Crag calmly turns back walking out completely ignoring whatever the women has to say at this point, and heads down toward the docks thinking Guy has this.
Kate
"Yer a light weight!" the woman says grumpily. She looks up at him for a moment, frowns, and looks at the door way. After a moment, she seems to realize that not only is Crag blocking her way, but also the door way. Her brow furrows, unable to find a solution to the problem before Guy steps in to intervene. "I'm not taking you home with me... Dad won't like you." She glances at Guy for a moment, then starts chuckling. "You wanna come on a big boat ride with me? I think I might throw up if I do that right now..."
She's quiet for a moment, then looks up at Crag's back just as he turns. "Caterpillarface."
Crag: (weird my color changed when I logged out)
Kate: (Does it for me too)
Kate: (I'll be online tomorrow, not sure what time.)
Onta: (Okay then, are we stopping here for the night?)
Onta: (I'll start things off when we play again)
Guy: ( its as good of a place as any
Kate: (Ya... unless Crag wants to respond.)
Crag: nah its goods
Kate: Okay, then... 'night guys! I had a lot of fun... I like playing drunk characters.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 am by Kate Orchix

Session 22 (8th December 2012)

Nanteu joined the chat 38 seconds ago
Kate: SHEA IS BACK!
Nanteu: :3
Nanteu: Sorry, had to do something for mum.
Kate: What happened? Big mozzie smack into the modem or a dropbear dropped on the lines?
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Kate changed name to DM
Kyle throws on costume
Nanteu: Dropbear. Hahaha.
Siara: tyle="color:#000000;">Ikitt: died if I had to guess
DM shrouds self in narrator's cloak
DM: 'Kay... for the pirate fight scene, I'm going to be leaving out Rooke and Angel's actions so I can concentrate on throwing pirates at you lot better. xD If you wanna know what they're doing, ask me or indicate your character is looking for them in the crowd.
DM: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p3...
Siara: Yo ho, blow the man... UP
Nanteu: (Did I kill the guy?)
DM: (Wow, gosh... let's assume you did so we can start over a bit better. xD)
Nanteu: (Okay xD Who's starting?)
DM: (Just trying to find myself. xD)
Kyle: (I SHOOT ALL THE ARROWS and have them fall from the sky in a dramtic rain style)
Siara: (Arrow Rain would be a cool skill... But you'd have to roll for all of them :I )
Nanteu: (SHOOT ALL THE ARROWS.)
DM: (All righty... Kyle has killed 2, Siara has killed 1, Nanteu has killed 1)
DM: (Sorry, I'm just gonna forget what we had and start over with new foes, just for sake of simplicity. Is that okay? So anyone you're in the middle of combat with, we just forget now.)
Siara shoves the dead pirates over the side of the ship and watches them respawn on the Lusty Cutlass. "Well bugger."
Nanteu: (Mmkay)
DM: (xD! Exactly, Siara, exactly.)
Kyle: (Must be a ghost ship!)
Siara: (Eh, now their respawn timers are too long for them to come back again before the fight is over.)
DM: As you all stand about, your current foes suddenly having abandoned you for easier targets, you realize just how outnumbered you all are. Kyle, you find Angel is no longer at your side, lost somewhere in the crowd of flailing weapons and cries, and splurts of blood from both sides of the battle. None of you can see Rooke, but you can hear him - he's yelling rubbish from somewhere in the crowd.
Siara: (Should we reroll initiative)
DM: A large half-orc thuds onto the deck, having swung over from the Lusty Cutlass onto the Ailosacath via a long rope. He takes down the scimater he holds in his teeth and draws the other at his side before advancing on Nanteu, a fiendish grin upon his scarred face. His left eye is a milky white and you can plainly see teeth are missing.
DM: (Sure)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (Don't add bonuses)
Siara: (Someone roll a 24 for the hell of it)
Kyle: (9)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (Siara, Nanteu, Kyle, half-orc. If you want more foes, go looking for them. xD)
Siara: (Targetting the half-orc)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (Hit)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Ooh)
Siara: (NOW the roller likes me)
Siara: (10)
DM: (Yus. xD All right, describe. You have him near low health)
Siara joined the chat
Siara: (w)
Siara tosses his staff into the air, drawing his hammer from his tail and taking a step forward. As the staff comes down behind him, he curls his tail around it so that it's close enough to absorb his Haze, but stay out of the way. Holding it low by his side as if he's going to draw a sword, he charges at the half-orc, driving his right foot into the deck when he's within range and twisting sharply, using the centrifugal force and momentum to slam the orc's chest with a hard arc-strike.
Siara: (There, no tail this time)
Kyle is having a jolly good time like laughing as he notes how easy they are to hit while swinging across, and now taking aim at the frontline.- "Whelp let's peg two more then!" (I'm going to rapid shot some random guy! I got to hit my round so I'll just roll hit and damage then Nanteu and you can describe what I'm doing without waiting on me)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (17, 13 to hit)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Oooh... first one hits)
Kyle: (8, and 9 if they hit ROUND)
Nanteu: (Guess Nan'll switch from seeing the half-orc to going for a random somewhere near her. I think I'll leave him for Siara. So.. going for a random human near her)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: (and my life sucks)
DM
As Kyle shoots at the frontline, one arrow thuds into the chest of a human and he screams as he is thrown to the deck, skidding across the desk of the Ailosacath, leading a messy blood smear in his path. The second arrow fails to hit a body, but neatly snips through one of the ropes an elf is using to swing across on - the elf yelps, flailing as he falls into the ocean.
The half-orc grunts as Siara viciously strikes him, but he has no interest in the exotic elf, instead heading for Nanteu. He swings both scimaters at her...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (meh)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Meh)
DM: (xD Siara!)
Siara: (Another attack on him)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Is... is that a crit?)
DM: (That... I think that is. What weapon?)
Siara: (Warhammer)
Siara: (Or maybe it's 20. Does the Threat box tell what rolls are needed for a crit?)
DM: (Yes... triple damage for a warhammer crit!)
Siara: (So it is a crit. Oh boy.)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (...kekekekeke)
Nanteu eyes the half-orc cautiously, and as he nears, she shuffles back, rapier held defensively in front of her. As Siara lands a solid hit on the half-orc chests, she stops and stands her grand for a moment, then lunges forward as Kyle looses a few arrows. Although she misses her own target, the audible thwack of the arrow striking the human target catches her attention, and her head snaps back again to look at the half-orc.
DM: (Threat-... honestly, I have no clue what that box is for. We'll just for with the 19 until Kitt tells us otherwise. xD)
Siara: (30 damage)
DM: (Okay, triple damage, then add your mod once)
Siara: (26, close enough)
DM: (... you only needed 3. Siara's doing this overkill routine! Describe his death.)
Siara: (Holy crap xD)
Siara: (I'm totally going Darius on this fool)
Siara joined the chat
Siara joined the chat
DM: (Do so!)
Kyle: (Im back)
DM: (Hello hello!)
DM: (While Vex writes out his huge death description, feel free to tell me who you're shooting at next)
DM: (Same with you, Nanteu)
Kyle: (who around?)
Siara watches the half-orc change focus towards Nanteu. "Oh no you don't..." Turning to follow the half-orc, he swings it upwards powerfully, jumping with the momentum to gain some extra height. With a savage roar, he brings down the warhammer as hard as he can on the half-orc's head, sending a mist of blood, bone and brains across the deck. He's well aware that the half-orc is dead, having completely obliterated his skull, but he remains in place for a moment, the hammer head painted crimson, as he looks at the remains of the body. "God damn, that felt good."
DM: (Elves, humans, and half-orcs. They're all fighting the crew of the Ailosacath, and seem to be faring much better than the crewmen, being better fighters. You would assume that a third of the crew are out of the fight, either dead or dying on the deck.)
DM: (No one of rank appears to be present just yet)
DM: (You could search)
Nanteu: (I'll just go for a random half-orc)(also, could you send me my CS, Kate? I really need to save it somewhere..)
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... )
Nanteu: (thanks. who's rolling?)
Kyle tumbles off to the side for no apparent reason other then looking flashy and reaching farther up to get a clearer view of the melee, his eyes narrowing in on a yellow belly sea scum trying to catch Angel off guard. With a quick snap and bracing on a knee he le lets a single loose hoping to strike true!
DM: (You!)
Kyle: (I'm waiting my turn, but I was told to wright something!)
Kyle: (write*)
Siara: (No comment on how morbidly I dispatched the half-orc? You guys are getting desensitized to my violence.)
Kyle: (Got too many ghost and goblins on my mind.. hehe wright )
DM: (Poor half-orc. xD)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Nanteu: (...)
Kyle: (It was writen pretty good.. spam that R button.. also side note Warhammers only crit on a nat 20, and Kate was using the normal rules meaning you would normally roll again to hit and see if it is a crit again.)
Nanteu: (Wait, i think that's 10. But it's still a miss, I think)
Siara: (Alright, good to know for later)
DM: (Heeee. Sorry Shea. And sorry Kitt... crits still confuse me. You guys might have to try and remember each of your weapons' rules until I get used to them.)
DM: (Kitt, roll!)
Siara: (I'll just go with what's in the Threat box, that seems as good a place as any to look for crits.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (11 >,>)
Kyle: (I think, I need my CS)
Siara: (And it looks like I'm eating most of the good rolls.)
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... _
DM: (All right... my turn. *cracks knuckles*)
Nanteu stares at the crushed in skull of the half-orc blankly, barely realizing the crimson splatter now staining the front of her. After a moment she recollects herself and bounds past Siara, slashing at the belly of a half-orc. She misses, and shuffles back in retreat, just as before, ready for the pirate's counterattack.
Kyle: (12!)
DM: (Sorry. xD)
Kyle: (yup even my +10 to hit isn't enough)
DM: The human that previously went sliding across the deck in his own blood rushes at Kyle, raising his sabre above Kyle as he attempts to bring it down in Kyle's shoulder...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (Yeaar... Siara, back to you!)
Siara: (Who's left?)
Siara: (Oh, uh... Hold that thought, search check for someone of importance)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara: (13)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (We'll say you see them. gimme a second to describe. xD)
Siara (has patience)
Kyle gives a quick Ha! As the stumbling fool tries to slice at him, missing big a large margin- "Geeze.. ya not good at tis' huh boy? Heh."
DM: Siara, after your bloody disposal of the half-orc's life, you glance across the the crowds of pirates. The numbers just seem to be increasing and increasing, more and more pouring from the Lusty Cutlass and onto this ship. For a moment, you see Dalen through the crowds - her hair is plastered to her face with her own blood and she is viciously swinging through the pirates with her quarterstaff. You can't see Hindi, though you assume she's nearby as you can hear vicious growls. The crowds part and for a moment, just a moment, you see the captain, Blake Dixon. He is standing by his cabin's door, a dead pirate sliding off the blade of his sword to fall at his feet... You see a sudden blur of obnoxious red above Dixon before boots suddenly slam down on the Captain's shoulders. Dixon hits the ground, his head split in half like a melon as a blade swishes down. A tall, elegant elf tumbles onto the deck and lithely collects himself to his feet while looking down on Dixon's remains. A grim smile parts his lips, displaying perfect teeth, and he turns his sharp eyes... straight on you, Siara. A pirate passes you, caught in combat, blocking your view. One he has moved on, you no longer see the red-cloaked pirate captain, leaving only Dixon's body on the deck.
Nanteu: ( D: )
Siara: (Just like a movie.)
DM: (Do you cry in movies? If you do, I'm gonna have to ask you to wear this bucket on your head...)
Siara: (People actually do that? Cry and wear buckets?)
Kyle: (Maybe it's a Kiwi thing?)
DM: (No, just cry. I'm pushing for this to be accepted by the government - that all whom cry in films SHALL BE SILENCED BY BUCKETS!)
Siara: (Would make it a bit more annoying because of the echoing from inside, but good plan otherwise)
Siara: (still w)
Nanteu: (But.. I dun wanna wear a bucket.. )
DM: (We'll make an exception. You must wear a popcorn bucket.)
Siara: (Oh, popcorn bucket, not metal)
DM: (No, metal for everyone else. Popcorn for Shea)
Nanteu: (I don't want to wear any buckets! Even if they smell like.. glorious popcorn.. )
DM: (You can wear a hairnet!)
Siara: (Suddenly confusion - which pirate captain was killed, friend or foe?)
Kyle: (OUR captain was just slain)
DM: (Friend. Blake Dixon. Red-cloaked foe pirate just killed him.)
DM: (There's only one pirate captain. The other is totally legal.)
Siara: (Alright)
Siara: (I didn't mean that they were both pirates, mistake of typing)
Kyle: (was legal*)
DM: (xD!)
DM: (Was, yes... must use the correct tense!_)
DM: (And not add random thingy-ma-bobs on the end of sentences...)
Siara gathers his senses and looks around at the fight, looking for friends and foes in the chaos. "Dalen over there... Hindi somewhere here too... Who else..." He spots the captain of the ship, pleased to see that he's holding his own. He begins a charge towards a nearby elf, then stops dead in his tracks when someone or something drops onto said captain and swiftly dispatches him. "Who the-" The words catch in his throat when the stranger's eyes lock onto his, and a chill runs down his spine. He continues staring at the spot where the captain once stood, trying to process what just happened. "Dalen! The captain...!!"
Kyle: (I'm surprisingly awake mentally right now, it's only a brief moment though don't worry)
Kyle: (Well that hour was quick, ROUND)
Nanteu: (I'm really giddy all of a sudden)
DM: Dalen glances up at Siara, her hair damp and lips parted with a trickle of blood making it's way down her chin, turning her head to glance up at the cabin's door. Her eyes settle on the Captain's body and you see her completely pause, her resolve weakened as she stares at her friend's body on the bloody wood. She cries in anguish and rage before thwacking her quarterstaff into a half-orc's face, taking out his eye with a flip of the staff's end. The half-orc screams in pain, but she takes out his knees with a twirl of her staff and crushes the staff down into the half-orc's throat, killing him. She glances up, yelling over the sounds of the battle. "PULL BACK! BELOWDECKS!" She starts pushing her way through the crowd, looking frantically about and trying to take a headcount of those who are still alive. "PULL BACK!"
DM: (Giddy? xD!)
Nanteu: (Liiiikke.. hyper.)
DM: (In a good way?)
Nanteu: (Giddy's always in a good hyper way!~)
DM: (All right! xD)
Nanteu: (Should I still post an attack on that half-orc, or start to retreat?)
Siara: (Well we can wait for Kyle and then Nan, or if we all retreat, I have a temporary solution if you'll allow it)
DM: (Speak your mind. xD)
Nanteu: (Indeed, idea, go!)
Siara: (Use all of my lv1 and lv2 spell slots to empower Warp Wood in a way that I directly control the wood that composes the deck for a few minutes instead of instantly deforming it)
DM: (Hm, you sure you wanna do that? That'd mean no magic if it didn't work)
DM: (Which deck would you use?)
Siara: (Do you know of another way to throw the pirates off the ship? xD I could use a single slot to warp the door shut, but a jammed door can be forced with a strength check.)
DM: (Hmmm... what else do you have in terms of manipulating matter?)
Siara: (Flaming Sphere, Heat and Chill Metal, Wood Shape, Gust of Wind, Create Water. Entangle would be possible if I use it as a wide spell and offer myself as a locus, but that leave me vulnerable to counterattack.)
Kyle: (back)
Nanteu: (Nan could defend you while you do it! Or she could try! Because the die is being a total bitch!)
DM: (All I can think is that if you warped this ship, you might destroy it... but hey, you have the power! You do what you do, and I'll tell you the result! xD Maybe do some rolls if you're planning to do any catapulting.)
Siara: (Technically there's also Splinterbolt and Briar Web, but Briar Web feeds on Entangle, which again puts me at a disadvantage)
DM: (Maybe chat it out with characters and see their opinions)
Kyle slams his shoulder passing the pirate before letting a arrow loose into his backside as he prepares to back peddle- "Retreat?! BUT WE GOT'EM WHERE WE WANT'EM!"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (19)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (5 only)
DM: (Was this on the human that attempted to attack you? If so, he's dead.
Siara: (Lemme do a quick check on something...)
DM: (Inappropriate laughter.)
DM: (Anyone wanna do search checks for Rooke or Angel? They're both out of sight in the crowd now)
Kyle: (yea just shot his dead body again makign sure he is ok)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara: (Kitt and/or Kate, would one of you be so kind as to copypasta the description of this spell since I can't see it? http://dndtools.eu/spells/defenders-of-t... )
Kyle: (I see nothing)
Kyle: (This spell causes grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees to grow thorns and then wrap, twist, and entwine about creatures in the area or those who enter the area, holding them fast. )
Kyle: (Not wood, sorry man can't work sadly)
DM: (Seabottom is a bit far to use too... however, we DOOO have an island nearby... you have gust of wind...)
DM: (Brb)
Siara: (If we have an island, push the ship there... empower an Entangle... Might work...)
Siara: (Would one of you like to be my bodyguard until we get there? xD)
Kyle: (Not really if the top is flooding with dirty seadogs)
Siara: (Are there any rules against using Entangle on yourself to create plants and vines for Briar Web?)
Siara: (Like, make them out of your magic instead of empowering nearby plants?)
Siara: (Throwing ideas around to see how I/we could lock them down until the surviving crew gets below deck)
DM: (back)
DM: (I'll go for a shower when Shea has dinner)
Kyle: (..I think Entangle also has to have plants already there)
DM: (With nearing the island, the plants on the seabed would be nearer to the surface.)
Siara: (I did make them once to catch the escaping half-elf in the forest by using my body as a power focus for it. Special exception I suppose, I couldn't trap everyone with that until like 20th level.)
Kyle: (game is coming to a crawl quick do something, I'm back peddling looking for the others)
Siara: (How soon until we get in range of them?)
DM: (In range of whom?)
Siara: (The plants)
Siara: (Seaweed, moss, anything)
DM: (Uhm, well, if you headed for the island using the wind thingy, I'd say 3 minutes away. The ship is still moving along due to the wind in its sails, but not really towards the island)
Siara: (Too many people for Gust of Wind, I'd get attacked before then)
Siara: (alright, w, I'll think of something else)
DM: Angel is caught in combat with a thinly muslced elf, their blades crossed... but that's not the real problem. The elf is holding her with one hand by her left horn. Her face is screwed up in pain, but she looks angry as well, trying to part her blade from his so she can attempt to slice him open. Rooke... well, you assume it's Rooke that a few pirates are holding down on the deck. He's covered in blood, but it doesn't seem to be his own, and he's yelling hoarsely in a drunken slur, nothing he's saying making any sense. He's past the stage of being useful in a fight, maybe the alcohol, or maybe a few too many bumps to the head, but the pirates seem reluctant to kill him for some reason, instead trying to pin him down.
DM: There are about four pirates around Rooke.
Kyle: (Alright whos turn was it? )
Siara grits his teeth, furious at himself for not being able to react faster. "Curses and damnations..." He backtracks towards the door to below deck, then spots Angel and Rooke in a bind. "...alright, fine. Raiden, come up here, I'll need your help for this!!" Spinning the warhammer in his grip, he waves it threateningly at ay of the pirates that dares to get too close.
DM: (Siara's)
DM: (Shea, you still here?)
Nanteu: (Yup. Going for one of the pirates around Rooke. what races are they?)
DM: (Half-orc, half-orc, human, human)
DM: (We'll make one of the half-orcs a chick)
DM: (one of the humans can have an eye patch)
DM: (So, dude half-orc, chick half-orc, eye-patch human, human)
Nanteu: (Eye patch guy!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (Hit! And what's your damage bonus?)
Nanteu: (It is... Oh yeah, 3.)
Kyle: (Wait is she using a rapier?)
Kyle: (They crit 18-20 /x2 if so)
Siara: (Cross Slash GO!)
DM: (Shea's so lucky...)
Nanteu: (Not always, Kate. I've missed both of my attacks so far, bar this one )
DM: (xD! True... so, how much dam?)
Kyle: (If her mod is +3.. it's 15 damage)
DM: (Brb, shower. Hurry up and kill stuff! Half-orcs AC is 17, their hp total 13. Humans AC is 16, their hp total 12. Feel free to keep attacking while i'm gone!)
Kyle: (Well seems this adventure is going no where xD We drink and we fight and we fight and we drink!)
Siara: (Well I'm more than happy to flip them all overboard with an empowered Warp Wood)
Kyle: ( http://25.media.tumblr.com/c2b27e73ab26e... the feels I has them)
DM: (If the half-orc dude attacks you, he's using unarmed and scimater, no penalties for two-weapon-fighting. His bonus to hit is +5, his bonus to damage is +4. The half-orc chick is using one scimater, same stats as the dude. Eye-patch human is using a dagger, his to hit is +4, damage +3. Human is using two fists, no penalties for two-weapon-fighting, his to hit is +4, damage +3. Feel free to use this to your advantage... rolling initiative for them in this order: half-orc dude, half-orc chick, eyepatch human, human.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Now brb!)
Siara: (Oh my gods Kitt, what have to done)
Kyle: (Kate really wants us to hurry up and save Rooke huh?)
Nanteu catches sight of Rooke amongst the dwindling numbers. At the corner of her eye, she catches Siara, and in front of her and somewhere off to the side, Dalen, though through the mass of people scurrying frantically about, all the while swinging blades and maces, she loses them again, but knows that Kyle and Siara are still somewhere close. She takes off in a run, slipping harmlessly past crew-members and pirates alike and as she weaves her way over to Rooke. Scared for him and his foolish blundering, and fueled by a fresh surge of adrenaline. Her foot skims the rim of a barrel as she leaps up, and it gives her enough momentum to fling herself into the air as she brings her rapier up above her. As she lands, she slashes down towards the nearest pirate with all her strength - a human with an eyepatch - slicing savagely through his chest. She lands, crouches, then calmly stands, having barely made a sound, her back to Rooke.
Nanteu: (Haven't typed that much in a long time.)
Kyle: (http://tinycartridge.com/post/3740536699...
Kyle: (Ahhh crap.. I had a really good post ready, and I forgot to copy it.. >,< )
Siara: (FFFFFFFFFFFF I hate you Kitt, that seriously made me tear up)
Siara: (Well then, my turn again already?)
Kyle: (How do you think that makes me feel? I'm suppose to be the father according to that comic, which means.. I'm really older then I want to think)
Kyle realizes the pirate he shot is now surely dead he plucks the bloodied arrow from his back and prepares to notch it while scanning the deck for Angel and Rooke. His eyes focusing on the bold chap grasping tightly to Angel's rack.- "I swear I can't let that girl out of my sight without someone grabbing at her rack.. Unimportant bastard.." He would say pulling the bow string back like countless times before that and inhaling deeply before exhaling his release.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (Both hit and kill him)
Siara: (Pfft. We can't really be THAT old... I've read all the issues except for maybe three and I'm only 20.)
Nanteu: (Again with the 'rack' issue. I'm such a perv.)
Kyle: (Nah I put it in there as a fun pun xD glad ya enjoyed it)
Nanteu: (Gtg. You guys keep going for a bit. I'll probably see you tomorrow)
Nanteu left the chat 8 seconds ago
Siara: (Arrr, I'm losing my focus again >< )
Kyle: well that was short lived xD still fun, made three of my rounds past by super quick
DM: (back)
Siara: We actually got some stuff done tonight, that was interesting


Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:38 am by Kate Orchix

Session 23 (30th December, 2012)
DM: Dalen glances up at Siara, her hair damp and lips parted with a trickle of blood making it's way down her chin, turning her head to glance up at the cabin's door. Her eyes settle on the Captain's body and you see her completely pause, her resolve weakened as she stares at her friend's body on the bloody wood. She cries in anguish and rage before thwacking her quarterstaff into a half-orc's face, taking out his eye with a flip of the staff's end. The half-orc screams in pain, but she takes out his knees with a twirl of her staff and crushes the staff down into the half-orc's throat, killing him. She glances up, yelling over the sounds of the battle. "PULL BACK! BELOWDECKS!" She starts pushing her way through the crowd, looking frantically about and trying to take a headcount of those who are still alive. "PULL BACK!"
Kyle slams his shoulder passing the pirate before letting a arrow loose into his backside as he prepares to back peddle- "Retreat?! BUT WE GOT'EM WHERE WE WANT'EM!"
DM: Angel is caught in combat with a thinly muslced elf, their blades crossed... but that's not the real problem. The elf is holding her with one hand by her left horn. Her face is screwed up in pain, but she looks angry as well, trying to part her blade from his so she can attempt to slice him open. Rooke... well, you assume it's Rooke that a few pirates are holding down on the deck. He's covered in blood, but it doesn't seem to be his own, and he's yelling hoarsely in a drunken slur, nothing he's saying making any sense. He's past the stage of being useful in a fight, maybe the alcohol, or maybe a few too many bumps to the head, but the pirates seem reluctant to kill him for some reason, instead trying to pin him down.
Siara grits his teeth, furious at himself for not being able to react faster. "Curses and damnations..." He backtracks towards the door to below deck, then spots Angel and Rooke in a bind. "...alright, fine. Raiden, come up here, I'll need your help for this!!" Spinning the warhammer in his grip, he waves it threateningly at ay of the pirates that dares to get too close.
Nanteu catches sight of Rooke amongst the dwindling numbers. At the corner of her eye, she catches Siara, and in front of her and somewhere off to the side, Dalen, though through the mass of people scurrying frantically about, all the while swinging blades and maces, she loses them again, but knows that Kyle and Siara are still somewhere close. She takes off in a run, slipping harmlessly past crew-members and pirates alike and as she weaves her way over to Rooke. Scared for him and his foolish blundering, and fueled by a fresh surge of adrenaline. Her foot skims the rim of a barrel as she leaps up, and it gives her enough momentum to fling herself into the air as she brings her rapier up above her. As she lands, she slashes down towards the nearest pirate with all her strength - a human with an eyepatch - slicing savagely through his chest. She lands, crouches, then calmly stands, having barely made a sound, her back to Rooke.
Kyle realizes the pirate he shot is now surely dead he plucks the bloodied arrow from his back and prepares to notch it while scanning the deck for Angel and Rooke. His eyes focusing on the bold chap grasping tightly to Angel's rack.- "I swear I can't let that girl out of my sight without someone grabbing at her rack.. Unimportant bastard.." He would say pulling the bow string back like countless times before that and inhaling deeply before exhaling his release.
Kyle: (Both hit and kill him)
Kate: And with that... I now finish up with my links and switch computers. Be back in a few!
Kate: (Do we wanna get started now, actually?)
Kate: (I won't bother switching computers until later, I think)
Siara: (I'm game for anything)
Siara: (Think Kitt and Shea died though)
Kate: (COME BACK!)
Ikitt: (nope)
Kate: (brb... tell me what you guys wanna do next while I'm gone. Won't be a moment)
Shea: (Here. Just watching Justice)
Ikitt: (As for what I want to do I would say I just did my turn if I get another it would bolting down stairs I guess?)
Kate: (back. Mmkay, writing.)
Siara: (Anyone remember the turn order?)
Kate: (Nope... just reroll)
Kate: (DOn't add bonuses)
Kate: (W)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara: (Eek xD)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (S last, R first/second)
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Ikitt: (I'll be last ROUND)
Kate
The human with an eyepatch which Nanteu slices falls back holding his chest and scrabbling away from Rooke. He turns to move back towards the ship so as to get medical treatment or some such thing. As for Dalen, she's managing to direct the rest of the crew fairly successfully towards the steps leading belowdecks. She has her hands full with fighting off pirates while trying to keep them from going after her fleeing companions. Hindi comes out from behind some crates, her maw bloodied, and helps Dalen by growling at any pirate who dares to come near the stairs, swiping at any stupid enough to ignore her.
The slim pirate that Kyle shot dead gasps as both arrows slit into his body. His grip tightens on Angel's horn for a moment and she gasps, trying to get herself out from his grasp... then everyone would hear a massive CRACKK! before Angel yelled in pain. The dead pirate fell to the deck, holding her broken-off left horn in his hand. Angel holds the side of her head before painfully prying the horn from the dead elf's fingers and shoving it into her belt. She holds her longsword, moving back towards the others while she tries to forget the pain.
Kate: Rooke has given up on struggling, seemingly enjoying watching others slice at the pirates surrounding him. The male half-orc even manages to hoist the large man up on his shoulders, starting to stagger towards the other ship. Rooke spits on the top of the pirate's head, then messes it into the orc's thin, stringy hair and laughs.
Siara: (Well if he wants to go last... Raiden, Nanteu, Siara, Kyle, and then stick Angel and Rooke in there somewhere)
Kate: (/w)
Kate: (Angel and Rooke aren't in the equation anymore. I'm narrating them like the rest of the NPCs unless they come into direct combat with you or fight alongside you.)
Raiden joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Raiden hurtles up the stairs, landing with a hefty thud beside Siara. He senses what Siara is trying to do and walks around him in slow circles, both to protect him and donate what little power he has.
Kate: (Nanteu!)
Ikitt: (Such a colorful room of names)
Shea grips the hilt of her rapier as she moves to follow the pirate trying to take off with Rooke, but with so many around them, it becomes difficult to move any closer to him. Spotting a gap in number, she pushes her way through, elbowing, kicking and threatening her adversaries with the tip of the blade. Her small attacks aren't hard enough that they'd do any real damage - they are only so heavy that they'd push them further away from her, and clear a path to Rooke. Once she makes it a few feet from Rooke, she slashes out at the legs of the pirate trying to carry him, but misses, and prepares herself to tackle him, or something similar.
Kate: (Roll for a tackle hit or miss)
Kate: (D20)
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kate: (Your unarmed attack mod below 7? If so, it's a miss. If above, it's a hit.
Siara swings the hammer around in front of him a few more times, then plants it heavily on the deck in front of him. "Kyle, Nanteu... Dalen. I'm going to try something really stupid, but it might be enough to swing the tide back in our favor. While I'm preparing, I'll need at least one of you to help because I will be nearly defenseless until it's complete. Will you stand and fight?"
Shea: (shoot me my Cs? for like.. the fifth time xD i'll have to save it to this computer)
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante...
Kate: Angel slips next to Siara. The left side of her face has blood trickles down it from seemingly where the base of her left horn would have been in her temple. The golden horn is only a cracked stub on that side of her face now and she looks somewhat pained by the incredible crack that reverbrated through her skull when the horn snapped off. She holds her longsword before her. "I'm free. Do what you will."
Shea: (Er.. well reach is 5' and I'd have to roll 1d3 for damage.. I can't see mod though. Did you mean something else, like ability or attack or something? I can't remember what to check..)
Kate: Dalen is still busy fighting off pirates from attacking the retreating men. A few are still managing to slip about her though, and they are felling the crewmen as easily as snapping twigs. Where there was a reasonable fighting force to stand up to these pirates only a few minutes ago, only about 20 are now left. The pirates, on the other hand, are still swarming over the side of the Lusty Cutlass and onto the Ailosacath.
Ikitt: (It's the Abli + 3 and Base +2 so.. +5 for melee things Shea)
Kate: (I'm also giving you a +2 for being behind him and with him carrying something heavy like Rooke)
Kate: (So that would actually be enough for a hit and the start of a grapple.)
Ikitt: (My question is.. Is the staircase heading down the deck have a archway? Like above it?)
Kate: (Geh, grapple... Kitt, do you remember the grappling rules off the top of your head?)
Kate: (No, it just goes straight down into the ground like a trapdoor with stairs down. The trapdoor is rarely closed, but can be.)
Shea: (So what am i rolling? I now know it's +7, whatever it is)
Kate: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grapple )
Ikitt: (Umm.. she rolls to hit (which is what she just did) then rolls to Grapple, and the other guy rolls grapple vrs her score)
Kate: (We're not doing attack of opportunity so... lemme just read a bit)
Shea: (Grapple didn't go so smoothly last time..)
Kate: (What was the mod to grapple?)
Ikitt: (Same as all melee things.. Str Mod, + Base Attack )
Kate: (All right cool. Roll your grapple roll, Shea!)
Shea: (Out of? '>>)
Kate: (D20)
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kate: (That's a 16 for me)
Kate: (Vex, are you writing out your scene?)
Siara: (I was waiting for Kyle to go with it or not)
Siara: (I have it almost ready to go though)
Ikitt: (I was waiting to see if I have to help Shea or not)
Kate: (Angel is by Siara, just as a note ^)
Ikitt: (Do I see Shea and Rooke?)
Kate: (Do a spot check. Only thing in your way should be pirates if there's any obstruction)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kate: (Oh well... top that and you're fine. xD You see 'em.)
Ikitt: (18 +... a shitload)
Kate: (... I'll get you your CS...)
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Kate: (Shea, you okay?)
Shea: (Where am I at? xD)
Kate: (Adding your mod to your grapple. xD You have to top a 16 to succeed)
Kate: (Strength mod + Base attack)
Kate: (+ your roll of 9)
Ikitt: Klye taking a moment to watch the chaos start to flood over the side of the ship as the pirates seem to be a living tide of flesh seeking to drown him. He was only guessing but he had enough time for maybe one more shot before he found himself out of time and sprinting for the staircase. With a quick snatch and pull he took another snap shot this time seeking to drop the man tugging Rooke away, hoping it would buy Shea some valuable time.
Kate changed name to DM
Ikitt: (Even if she fails I'm still going try to shoot the orc carrying Rooke away)
DM: (Okay, roll for it then. Top a 17 AC)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Ikitt: (29?)
DM: (... bam.)
Ikitt rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Ikitt: (good aim, nothing else it seems.. 4 damage)
DM: (Wasn't it a crit?)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Shea: (It was 16, plue mods)
Ikitt: (No bows only crit on 20's still rapid shot into him)
Ikitt: (24 to hit with the second shot)
Ikitt rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
Ikitt: (7 more damage)
DM: (Okay, hit and hit Kitt. And Shea! We now need to do a tie-breaker roll. D20's again, no mods.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Shea: (Ffffffuuuu-)
DM: (... damn. xD Okay, failed grapple)
DM: (Vex!)
Siara nods gratefully to Angel. "Thank you for joining me." He looks at Kyle for a second longer before sinking to one knee and closing his eyes, clasping his hands in front of him as he chants softly, Raiden's bolt patterns glow brightly in response to his power. "Astari... Sogir... Fuureti... Great Ehlonna, guardian of leaf and loam... Zinto... Desinta... These broken members of our family, grant me the strength to guide them... Ruuta... Vinya..."
Siara: (Now charging, spell active on the next turn)
DM: (Okay, so back to Raiden, Nanteu, Siara, Kyle.)
DM: (I'll just do some narrating while you guys do what you do.)
Raiden joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Raiden continues to circle around Siara protectively, his glowing marks leaving a trail of light in the air like a displaced image.
DM: The half-orc carrying Rooke brushes off Nanteu's attempt at a grapple, but turns to shoot her a warning glare... and Rooke whacks his head on a nearby pile of crates and promptly passes out, making him much easier to carry. The half-orc keeps moving towards the ship, the unconscious Rooke over his shoulder. Behind Nanteu, the half-orc woman approaches, one meaty fist clenching before swinging at the back of Nanteu's head...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: ( Oh boy)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (Not a crit, thankfully.)
Shea: (Oh shit.)
Shea: (Whew..)
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (take 7 damage)
DM: (And it is your turn, Nanteu)
Siara: (Kitt, go do your round now xD)
Ikitt: Umm.. ROUND!@
Ikitt: (Also thought I shot a orc carrying Rooke?)
Shea jumps at the orc and attempts to get a secure hold on his arm, but she misses the grip and gets pushed away in the kerfuffle. Angry, and completely distracted, the orc-woman passes behind her undetected. In a rush of determination, she goes for the orc carrying Rooke again, arms determinedly outstretched. She takes a step towards them.. And her head snaps to the side from the force of the blow, and she stumbles back, smacking heavily into a nearby pole.
Shea: (You did some damage I think, but you didn't kill him?)
DM: (Oh! Right! Sorry... I'll detail that. It wasn't a kill blow, no)
DM: Just after Rooke's head hits the crates, an arrow from Kyle thwacks into the half orc's chest. He growls in pain, holding Rooke securely over his shoulder with one arm while he tries to pull the arrow from his chest with his free hand, still stumbling onto the ship.
DM: (Shea?)
Shea: (Mm? Oh, want me to post again?)
DM: (You can attack)
Shea: (Mmkay)
DM: (Or do something else if you can think of anything. xD)
Shea growls a curse in elvish, and a string of them follow. Staggering, she manages to get to her feet, though she's uneasy and wearily blinks as she once again moves to the orc carrying Rooke. As quickly as her throbbing, spinning head will allow her, she checks to see where the orc-woman is, but once she's located her, she still moves for the orc male, keeping the woman's position in mind. Coming up behind Rooke's captor, she raises her rapier and lunges at him, aiming for his back - one of the spots that Rooke isn't covering with his body.
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (You need a mod of 9 to hit)
DM: (Oh wait, no, a 7, because I'm letting you get +2 on your mod for being behind the guy while he's carryign a heavy object)
Ikitt: (I can tell it's been awhile for everyone xD)
Shea: (And isn't it +5 for me for the attack, then +3 for damage? So.. 13 attack..)
Shea: (Yeah, I can't even remember the basics xD)
DM: (Attack isn't enough. Sorry, it's a miss. xD)
DM: (Vex! Then Kitt... and while you guys are writing, I must piddle.)
Shea: (*sobs*)
Shea: (Wow, today's really not my day.)
DM: (back)
DM: (xD You've been away too long! Your luck has degraded!)
Shea: (Exactly!)
DM: (What's your current health?)
Shea: (6..)
DM: (hmmm...)
Siara cracks a sly, devilish grin. "A nameless song, an endless dream, the end of the world..." He slowly stands, outlined by a bright green halo, his eyes completely illuminated from behind by pure white light. "All these and more I can give you... For I am the king of the forest...!" He lifts the hammer and gives it a light swing in one hand, then holds it over his head like an umbrella. "Splinter Rain~♥" A loud crack echoes over the deck from the underside of the Crow's Nest, sending a shower of razor thorns across the deck.
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 70 sides. The die showed: 64
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (Affects 64 pirates and 18 of the remaining crewmen. Everyone roll a D20 and try to keep it below your AC total.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Siara: (Total damage is...?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (Ah, okay)
DM: (Damage is a D6, wasn't it?)
Siara: Yup
Shea rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: ()
Ikitt rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (All right, nice. Kitt's turn?)
DM: (None of you take damage. People who took damage were: Dalen, 18 crew, 64 pirates... now we roll to see how many of the crew and pirates died because of it. xD)
DM rolled a die with 64 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (11 pirates died...)
DM rolled a die with 18 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (... you have really bad luck, Siara. All the crew are dead now. xD!)
Ikitt: (impossible! )
DM: (I'm gonna roll that one again...)
DM rolled a die with 18 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (That's better.)
DM: (7 crew are ondeck. There are still about 30 belowdecks unharmed, but not fighters.)
Siara: They have no health? ._.
DM: (They're being hassled by pirates at the same time, so I was rolling to see how many only lost health and how many actually died because of their wounds.)
Siara: (Ah, okay)
DM: (The ones belowdeck are at full HP, but considered 'commoners.')
Ikitt: What about the orc?
DM: (Lessee)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Nup, he's fine. Took no damage from that.)
Ikitt: Kyle takes some time to add in a bit of flare kicking a rough looking pirate in the face from his elevated position and bolting toward the stair case! He flicks out another seeing Shea disappear in and out as the crowd starts to swarm closer then lets looses a single arrow as a last ditch enough before seeing if he hit his mark. Having to tumble into another pirate and duck his way from more then a few cutlasses before the crows nest splinters upward in a explosion! Kyle catches his footing quickly though using a dead pirate as a nice meat shield.
Shea: (GAAAAAAAAH)
Ikitt: (I'll take a single shot at him, no rapid! )
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Ikitt rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Shea: (Oh hey, I never changed my name...)
Shea changed name to Nanteu
Ikitt: (19 to hit, 9 damage )
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (so many misspelling in my last post, oh well.. Sorry guys, and yea I couldn't remember your characters name Shea xD)
DM: The half-orc carrying Rooke stumbles just to the edge where the railings of the two ships meet and is about to climb over the railing. First, he tosses Rooke over to roll on the deck of the Lusty Cutlass, then starts to haul himself up over the edge-... before a single arrow hits him in the back. He grunts and simply falls between the two ships, dead before he hits the water.
Nanteu: (I was wondering why you'd been using Shea xD)
Nanteu: (Finally!)
DM: (xD!)
DM: The female half-orc cries out as she sees her mate fall between the two ships and stares blankly for a moment. Then suddenly, she turns on Nanteu, her eyes raging with fury before she attempts to strike at Nanteu with both fists...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (One fist hits, is not a crit)
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Annnd... you are at 0 health, it seems!)
DM: ('Cause that is a total of 6 damage.)
Kyle: (wooooo!)
Nanteu: (Aww.)
DM: (Don't worry, you're not dying... unless she goes to stomp on you.)
DM: (You're just... unable to do anything.)
Nanteu: (Yeah.. Want me to respond now?)
DM: (Might as well. It's not considered a turn writing your falling over. )
DM: (Now... it's Raiden/Siara, then Kitt)
DM: (Though, I'm just gonna throw in something to help out Nanteu... you guys keep writing, though.)
Siara: (w)
Nanteu: (Kay, I'll wait for your post)
Siara watches Nanteu hit the deck, and slowly looks up to the female half-orc. "You'll be the first to go~"
Siara: (Reflex save on the orc please?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (11)
Siara: (She's down)
DM: Dalen saw the half-orc female take Nanteu down and knows that either she will be carted over onto the next ship or killed - the latter seems likely in light of the fact the half-orc is now grieving for her mate and furious... She takes a moment to break off from combat so she might extend her hand and cast a Ranger's spell. Materializing from thin air, a large wolf suddenly bounds across the deck and stands over Nanteu, growling at the half-orc and baring its teeth. It will protect Nanteu for the next round before the spell wears out.
DM: (Detail. )
Kyle: (Shea for you {{ When your current hit points drop to exactly 0, you’re disabled. You can only take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after the completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at –1 hit points, and you’re dying. Healing that raises your hit points above 0 makes you fully functional again, just as if you’d never been reduced to 0 or fewer hit points. You can also become disabled when recovering from dying. In this case, it’s a step toward recovery, and you can have fewer than 0 hit points }})
Siara takes two light steps forward - "One... Two..." - then stomps on the deck powerfully - "YAH!" - sending a ripple of green light through the cracks in the deck, under the crew and pirates. With a mighty crack, the floorboards of the deck snap upwards, launching the female half-orc over the side of the ship and into the water.
Kyle: (Man thing is, you can still move Nanteu! Hence why I posted that..)
DM: (Thank you! I forgot that...)
Nanteu: (Ohh. i didn't really know any of that. Thanks for the info, Kitt!)
Kyle: (I only know cause when you reach 0 HP you can do some funny heroic things, I once killed four hobgoblins with my last breath with a vial of acid, then promply passed out and had to be healed but it was cool!)
Nanteu: (Well i don't have anything in my inventory like that.. Hmm..)
Nanteu: (I have two potions though.)
DM: (And lovely! We now have a catapult of sorts... I think it'd also be safe to say that if you can hit one person and then roll again to hit another in the same round, Siara, maybe you could even catapult some pirates at other pirates and deal some damage.)
Kyle: (Then you can heal yourself and be back in fighting shape!)
DM: (You also have Goo... )
Nanteu: (Goo! -^^-)
Siara: (That'll work)
Nanteu: (How much does it heal though, Kate? if I use one of the potions I got from the castle before we left?)
DM: (Let me check your inventory...)
DM: (Doesn't say what strength they are, so I'll just say medium. I'll check.)
DM: (2d8)
Kyle: Kyle seems on guard ready to fight off the pirates that got close, but had to stop and just laugh as some poor orc went flying off the shop. He quickly muffled it and readied another arrow keeping his sights on Nanteu's sides as she stumbled side to side.- "Nannytwo ain't looking to hot, think we can vanguard it and snatch Rook up up before they take off with the lung?" (preparing action to fire on the next person to step close to Nanteu, meaning I will get a free shot on them and release my action as soon as one looks threatening )
DM: (All right! I'll put someone in the way then.)
Nanteu: (roll 8 twice? ^^')
DM: A tall elf sees Nanteu falter and grins, sheathing his weapons before moving towards her. Still, even with his weapons put away, his intention is obviously not friendly. He nods to one of the elves aboard the Lusty Cutlass as if to say he'll bring her aboard while she's wounded. (Feel free to try shooting him now!)
DM: (Yup!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Nanteu rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (I can't wait until Nanteu DOES hit -1 one day... I know, I sound like a horrible DM, but... I HAS PLANS!)
DM: (+10 hp)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (14 bleh)
Nanteu: (Eheh.. Heh. Okay.)
DM: (Aw, one more and you would have got it...)
DM: (Right, who's next? I'm soon gonna initiate a plot thing.)
Nanteu: (Well I haven't posted for yonks so I should probably do that before we move ahead)
DM: (Do so! Still, drinking a potion initiates an attack of opportunity from any foe near you, so this guy could still grapple for you and try to drag you onto the Lusty Cutlass.)
Nanteu: (Hm.. That's okay. We'll see what happens.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (You have to succeed a 22 roll to escape his grapple. Feel free to detail being grabbed by him. I need to piddle again...)
Kyle: (Well I can see this going well, time to join the pirates guys!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM: (back! xD)
Kyle: (Do you have any ranks in Escape Artist? )
Nanteu: (+1 ...)
Kyle: (Never mind, your just kidnapped)
DM: (Wooo!)
DM: (Who is it now? Kitt or Vex?)
Kyle shouts and points- "Quick Siara use springboard attack and fling Nannytwo back toward us!"
DM: (... xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Kyle: (*pokemon moment )
Siara: (Can I do that? Or throw the pirate carrying her?)
Kyle: (throw both!)
DM: (Since they're grappling, I'd say you'd affect both of htem)
Siara: (Hope you're ready to catch her)
Kyle: (Born ready, have you seen the stunts I can do as Kyle?!)
DM: (Oh boy... this had better work, or they're gonna be in the water. xD)
Nanteu 's arm twitches as she comes back into consciousness, and as she stirs, for a moment, she vaguely notices the form of.. something.. hovering over her. Getting the sense that it's friendly, she ignores it for the moment and focuses on sliding a hand into a pouch at her side. Wth arrows flinging about and people still rushing around, she puts it out of her mind and finally locates the object; a health potion. As swiftly as she can muster, she holds it with both hands and unscrews the lid, lifting a weak arm to pour it's contents down her throat. But the empty vial is soon knocked from her grip as something grasps hold of her, yanking her towards the other ship. She gasps at the sudden contact, having only just awoken from being knocked unconcious, and thrashes at the pirate helplessly.
Nanteu: (.. Eh.)
DM: (xD Look out, Shea!)
Siara spots Nanteu being dragged towards the pirate ship and glares at the pirate. "Get back here!" He stomps the deck powerfully again, sending another wave of light towards her and the pirate. (Save this, or just throw them?)
Kyle: (Not sure how many more spells ya got, but fling'em back now!)
DM: (Do a roll to see if they land near safety or in the water...)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (Eek...)
Nanteu: (..)
Siara: (Grapple check on Kyle to see if he can pull her out of the air before she goes down xD)
DM: (Hah! Go for it. xD)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (Opps)
Siara: (Oh gods, my sides)
DM: (... I am laughing too hard right now.)
Nanteu: (I cannot.. contain oh my god)
Nanteu: (EVERYTHING IS A FAILLL)
DM: (Detail them being flung behind the ship, Siara... xD)
DM: (This is cracking me up so, so hard... I'm trying not to cry it's so funny. xD)
Nanteu: (i CAN'T BREATHE)
Kyle: Kyle points and directs Siara to work together and in doing so doesn't really understand just how magic works. With suddenly launched pair Kyle bolts toward there direction closing the gap with his arms held high ready to catch Nanteu- "I got ya! I got YA!" Woopps.. I don't got ya..." -He says stopping only a few inchs from running off the deck himself, watching Nanteu go sprawling in the air to the sea.
DM: (I gotta go blow my nose... be right back. xD!)
Kyle: (Round!)
Nanteu: (Hmm.. Kate, could you detail what the pirate does? I'll try and have Nanteu stab him while they're.. drowning.. )
Siara grits his teeth as his focus wavers and he puts too much power into the spell, sending Nanteu AND the pirate way higher than expected. He tries to jump up and snag her before she flies past, but misses and can only watch as they both sail into the water. "Damn, need to concentrate..."
DM: (All right, I'm back. xD )
Siara: (Mom was looking at my like I had lost it because I was gasping for breath)
Nanteu: (I wanna draw that scene)
DM: The pirate yells as they are both flung away, into the air... and off the side of the ship. He grips Nanteu tightly, terrified by the whole situation. His legs tangle around her and he just screams in her ear before they suddenly SPLASH into the dark, cold water. Breath bubbles from his lips before he tries to release Nanteu to kick to the surface.
DM: (I started crying and had to blow my nose, Mum asked me why I was crying, so I had to explain to her and Dad what happened... they both cracked up too. xD)
Siara: (MY SIDES)
Siara: (I got stitches now, gawd)
DM: (XD!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Nanteu: (come onnnnnnnn)
Siara: (Bad roller is bad)
DM: (Your mod is...?)
Siara: (We should use higher dice)
DM: (... not enough. xD)
DM: (Oh gosh... heh!)
DM: (Just detail swimming up to the surface.)
Nanteu struggles to push herself away from him as they sink, but she manages to locate her rapier again, having been holding it before they were catapulted so spectacularly into the air. She kicks to the surface, her clothes weighing the bottom half of her body down. Taking a breah, she bobs under the water again and thrusts the blade at the pirate's abdomen, but misses, and she rises up above the surface again.
DM: The pirate doesn't seem interested in fighting with Nanteu while they're in the freezing cold water and flails his arms and kicks a few times to get some distance with her. "Stoppit! I wasn't going to bloody well kill you, so at least have some courtesy! GOSH, you have STUPID friends! *glug*"
DM: Both ships are sailing away and Nanteu, even with just a glance, you know you would not possibly be able to swim to catch up with them. However, the island lying silent in the water off to the west, you may be able to reach within a few minutes of good swimming... The water is not too choppy, only dark and cold.
Nanteu: (anyone else posting? xD)
Kyle: (nOPE i JUST GOT BACK)
Siara: (Waiting for Kyle since I just had my turn_
Siara: )
DM: (xD! Nope, I'm waiting for you guys!)
Nanteu sheathes the rapier and coughs up a mouthful of water. At his reaction, she rolls her eyes, and starts paddling backwards, towards the island, and away from him. "Even so, I do not trust you. As soon as we reach land you'll want to slit my throat," she states, and turns, strong, slender legs kicking her towards the island as she starts to swim.
Kyle: Turns back to the ship then back to the water cupping his hands unsure what to do- "I can't swim!" -He yells then he looks side to side for some rope hoping no other pirates notice him- "Get me some rope! Quick!"
Kyle: (How many feet away is she? Cause I think I can save her, if I can get some rope..)
DM The pirate paddles for a bit, then starts following Nanteu. Between breaths, he speaks. "Neither will I trust you! But I will not kill you if you do not try to kill me again! I'd rather have someone to die on an island with than be completely and utterly alone! I hate being alone... it's scary."
DM: (Quite a fair way now. The ships are still moving along, and not slowly! I'd say about over 100 feet.)
Kyle: (GET ME SOME ROPE! My longs range is 120 ft!)
Kyle: (longbow*)
DM: Dalen wants to break away from the fight, but can't, caught up in combat. "KYLE! There's rope to your left! Coiled next to those crates!"
Kyle: (And I can shoot 160 max range)
DM: (How many spell slots do you have left, Vex?)
Kyle: Kyle rushes along the ship dodging a few looks before making it to the coiled rope, and starts tieing it quickly to a arrow, and looking back toward Nanteu. He pulls his bow back farther then he normally would trying to get the most out of the string with a grunt he pulls farther and releases the shot in a high arch thinking it would be best to over shoot then under shot.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle: (28? Could I shoot the pirate while I'm at with that score xD)
DM: (... yeah, you could. OH boy, you guys are cracking me up... xD Roll for damage.)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (6)
DM: (Poor Farold...)
Nanteu: (I was hoping they could bond on the island.. oh well. xD)
DM: The elf swims alongside Nanteu for a while longer... then suddenly SCREAMS. He yells and flails, an arrow with a rope tied about it imbedded in his back. He screams further and flails. "GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!"
DM: (xD! Hey... there are still... other issues.)
DM: A large pirate human races at Kyle, having spotted him. He races towards him and swings with his scimater...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Bam.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Bam bam)
Kyle: "Hot damn I impress myself sometimes.." -He said rather smugly, looping the end of the rope to the ship itself.
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (Take 11 damage, Kyle)
Kyle: (Sure, why not)
Nanteu comes to a drifting stop as the arrow pierce's the pirate's chest. "What th-" "LOOK OUT, KYLE!" she screams, spotting the charging pirate on deck.
DM: (Better grab the rope soon... you have maybe 20 more feet!)
Nanteu: (I'll wait for other responses first)
Kyle: (I've done my stuff)
DM: (Vex, what are you doing?)
Kyle: (Being DC)
DM: (DC?)
DM: (VEX, COME BACK! EXCITING STUFF IS HAPPENING!)
Kyle: (I texted him)
DM: (Okay. Internet troubles, maybe?)
Kyle: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
Kyle: (I would think so)
DM: (... xD!)
DM: (2 reasons I ask Dad for help in the bathroom - 1, there is a bug. 2, I'm too weak and can't turn the damn tap handles!)
Kyle: (Doing a trip a attack!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (god damn it Cartman)
DM: (Okay! xD!)
DM: (We'll just keep going with combat. I'll bring the plot point back when Vex is back.)
DM: (Nanteu, feel free to do what you will!)
Nanteu: (Kitt first xD then I will)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (Take 6 damage Kyle) The human smirks at Kyle's attempt to trip him and again swings with the scimater, his attack artful and precise. He seems to be enjoying himself with attacking Kyle while he's distracted.
Kyle: (I'm not detailing to make this faster, TRIP ATTACK AGAIN!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (this roller.. I used it up on that last trick)
DM: (xD!)
DM: (How many hp do you have left? It was 11 the first one, this one was 6...)
Nanteu: (Surely I'll be getting a good roll soon..)
Kyle: (No idea.. I forgot, I know we rolled for my HP at one point.)
DM: (Nanteu, roll to grab the rope! It's gonna get more difficult to grab it soon!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (I think it was 5 higher than your CS one)
DM: (... NANTEU!)
Nanteu: (OH MY GOD THIS THING)
DM: (Kyle, you will have successfully reeled in a wailing pirate soon... and no Nanteu. xD You stink at fishing, I must say! It's like pulling a boot of water up instead of a fish... )
DM: (No, no... your HP is 27, Kyle. So, 11 and 6... 18... you are at... 27-18=9hp)
DM: (Wait, duh. 11 and 6 is 17. -.- so 10 hp)
Kyle: (Fine grapple him!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (like a 12 )
Nanteu makes a grab for the rope, but her grip slips when she starts to pull herself up, her body awkwardly bumping the injured pirate as she attempts to hoist herself above him. In frustration, she growls another curse and lets herself sink back down, her chin held just above the water. "Damn it! I'm not going to die like this. And Kyle.. " she sighs. "Why am I so hopeless?!"
Kyle: (Well Kyle dead, good luck Nanteu)
DM: (... xD!)
DM: (Any response from Vex?)
Kyle: (nope)
DM: (Hm... well, I can do a little bit of a plot thing if you like... fall overboard, Kyle. xD)
DM: (Otherwise, have this pirate fight you, or initiate the plot point, but Vex really needs to be present for that plot...)
DM: (Nanteu's got plenty to do!)
Kyle: (Well I guess I'll take a 5 ft step back and shoot at the mans foot)
DM: (Shoot.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (16)
DM: (Hit)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (9 dam ROUND)
DM: (Nice. okay)
DM: (Nanteu! Want to do anything now that you're stranded in the middle of nowhere with that island to the west?)
Nanteu: (Don't really know what to do. 'Cept swim to the island again.)
DM: (Could try that. brb)
DM: back
Nanteu: (Wb)
Nanteu: (how's the pirate friend going? )
DM: The pirate elf in the water is screaming and flailing as the rope and arrow drag him along after the ship. Eventually, the arrow actually rips free of him and he floats in the water, trying to gather his breath and recover, looking quite shocked and unhappy.
Kyle: (Just for the sharks to smell the blood 3 miles away)
DM: (yeeeeep... exactly.)
DM: (Nanteu, spot check!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: The human pirate battling Kyle grunts as the arrow hits him in the chest, but he's fairly determined to take Kyle down. He attempts to slice at Kyle's chest.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (13 not enough.)
DM: (And what's your mod, Shea?)
Kyle: (Sorry Im eating atm, will repeat last move)
Nanteu dismisses the idea of going to help the elf. Instead, she turns away once again and starts swimming towards the island, a mix of angry nerves and a seething disappoinment - both in herself and, although she would struggle to admit it, her friends. She glances around for a moment, then continues on.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Nanteu: (+4)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (6 damage )
DM: (BRAIN FREZZE
DM: (nice, he's dead. You may detail!)
DM: (... I would be very ticked if I had friends that catapulted me off a ship.)
DM
Nanteu, as you swim and glance about, you realize there are fins in the water... black fins. Something brushes beneath your body, but whatever it is, it isn't interested in you. Before long, you hear the pirate's screams and cries once more... and then eerie silence. You can only hear the distant crashing of the waves on the shore of the island, and the very faint cries and yells of the battle aboard the two ships.
As you approach the island, you notice it has one peak, the rest of the island leading up to that peak in jagged, rocky hills. A small amount of forest is near the shores, and the beaches are white. You can see no lights there, nor any movement.
Kyle: Kyle was tired of having to deal with this stubborn scallywag that manage to keep up with his foot work. Feinting to buy enough time to fish out another arrow before snap shoting it into the pirates foot causing him to scream and real as Kyle stepped forward and promptly kick him square in the chest off the ship, then rushing back to the staircase wishing Nannytwo the best of luck.
Kyle: (I think we're going have to stop if Vex isn't coming back.)
Nanteu: (Yeah.)
DM: (Me too. I think leaving it here would be good.)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 am by Kate Orchix

Session 24 (31st December 2012)

DM
Nanteu dismisses the idea of going to help the elf. Instead, she turns away once again and starts swimming towards the island, a mix of angry nerves and a seething disappoinment - both in herself and, although she would struggle to admit it, her friends. She glances around for a moment, then continues on.
Nanteu, as you swim and glance about, you realize there are fins in the water... black fins. Something brushes beneath your body, but whatever it is, it isn't interested in you. Before long, you hear the pirate's screams and cries once more... and then eerie silence. You can only hear the distant crashing of the waves on the shore of the island, and the very faint cries and yells of the battle aboard the two ships.
As you approach the island, you notice it has one peak, the rest of the island leading up to that peak in jagged, rocky hills. A small amount of forest is near the shores, and the beaches are white. You can see no lights there, nor any movement.
Kyle: Kyle was tired of having to deal with this stubborn scallywag that manage to keep up with his foot work. Feinting to buy enough time to fish out another arrow before snap shoting it into the pirates foot causing him to scream and real as Kyle stepped forward and promptly kick him square in the chest off the ship, then rushing back to the staircase wishing Nannytwo the best of luck.
DM: (Rooke is on the Lusty Cutlass now. Angel is by Siara's side, defending him from any pirate that comes near while he's casting.)
DM: (And Nanteu... your pirate friend is shark-food, so you only have Goo.)
DM: (Rooke is on the Lusty Cutlass now. Angel is by Siara's side, defending him from any pirate that comes near while he's casting.)
DM: (And Nanteu... your pirate friend is shark-food, so you only have Goo.)
Nanteu: (I'm sure Goo'll.. keep me safe.. ._. )
Kyle: (^^ that's a better picture of it, don't know why it was coming up small)
DM: (Such a chill cat)
Siara: (Can I cast Splinter Rain on the pirate ship?)
DM: (Yup, Rooke is there and unconscious. Roll your damage, I'll roll to see how many are affected by it.)
DM: (Just remind me, how many slots do you have left?)
Siara: (Six)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 88
Siara grits his teeth as he sees Rooke being dragged onto the pirate ship and swings his hammer like a golf club, grazing the surface of the deck and sending a sharp spray of splinters over the pirate ship.
DM: (88 pirates take damage. Nice. That's... 264 points of damage over all. xD)
DM: (Now to check Rooke doesn't take damage...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (Yup, he does. xD 3 points.)
Kyle: (There's that many pirates?!)
DM: (Yeaaaaaahhh... only 70 or so came aboard... it's a bigger ship after all...)
DM: (You guys probably haven't noticed the numbers, I must say)
DM: ('Cause the railing of the enemy ship is a little higher than the Ailosacath's deck and railing. You'd only see men at the edge or in the rigging.)
DM: (Also... a roll to see whether or not our 2 guys in the crows nest are alive...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kyle: (Well screw this, where the hell is the dingy?!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (One's alive. xD)
DM: (Wellll... search.)
DM: (Also, about to do a plot thingy here... everyone ready for that? And Nanteu, still swimming for the island?)
Nanteu: (Yup.)
DM: (Do an awareness check again, Nanteu.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Now your Spot and listen modifiers)
Nanteu: (Spot +4, Listen +Cool(Wooo)
DM: (Loooovely. All right, is anyone else glancing towards the island?)
Siara: (I'm not, unless the pirate ship is between us and the island)
DM: (Yes, it is. The pirate ship is on the left side of the Ailosacath, the island is west and almost slightly south of your location. Do me a spot check. It's gonna have to be significantly high.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara: (Add listen AND spot?)
Kyle: (Not glancing)
Siara: (Plus Spot, 19. Listen, 24. Together, 28.)
DM: (Just spot for you.)
Siara: (19 then)
DM: (Mmkay... nope. Not yet. xD)
DM: (Shea, I'll post you a link in a moment, just got to do one thing here first...)
Nanteu: (Okay)
Kyle: (waiting for the wall of text to kill us all)
Nanteu: (yep)
DM
"Stay your weapons!" a clear voice rings out across the two ships. Everyone aboard would glance at the base of the mast of the Ailosacath. A tall, elegant elf stands up, propped on a crate with a bastard sword in one hand. His red cloak swirls dramatically about him in the sea breeze and he gives a roguish grin to all whose attention he holds.
"I am Captain Fraud Rose. Who here is captain now that I have destroyed your previous?"
Dalen raises her hand. "I am the closest in authority. Why have you called a halt?"
"If you and your... meagre crew have not noticed, you are all heavily outnumbered. Aboard my ship are at least another hundred men, and here, we have over fifty... and I know only the weaponless and women would be belowdecks at this point, so that it itself is a low number. Here, as I count it, you have... nine men still standing aboard this deck. Do you really think you will win?"
Dalen is quiet for a moment, considering her options before she frowns. "Then what are you proposing? That we lay down our weapons so you might just easily kill us all? Slice us and feed us to the sharks?"
"No, no... our intention was not to come here and kill, m'lady." The elf grins rogueishly and ruffles his blonde hair with his free hand. "We came here for slaves. The pretty elf wizard there might fetch a fine price as some idiot's personal lackey... and the archer, well... I'd love someone with such skills in my own lot! As for the rest of your crew... they are barely fit for combat. And I seem to have lost sight of the beautiful elf with the red hair... dead, or overboard? Never mind. As for yourself..."
He jumps down off the crates, the crowds of pirates parting for him to stride to Dalen and delicately stroke her face. She stares stoically at him before shifting her head to the side to avoid his touch. "Come now, don't be shy. A woman like yourself who can fight so valiantly... you would make a fine mistr-"
"Enough," she grunted. "Take your honeyed words and back off for but a moment. I must... speak with my men." She waits until he has done as she wished, moving back with his men while the few crew remaining flock to Dalen. She waves over Siara and Kyle also. "Here, speak with me a moment."
DM: (And for Shea... NO ONE ELSE CLICK THIS! http://us7.chatzy.com/71264491194276 )
Kyle hovers mouse over link ))
DM: (I'll know if you went in there. Watch it.)
DM: (Also, here's the pirate captain with the stupid name: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/0... )
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/049/e/0/dante_by_omupied-d4q4ksg.jpg
Siara blinks in surprise that the elf would be so bold as to present himself as a clear target, but steps closer to Dalen, keeping his glowing eyes trained on the elf. "I refuse to act as a slave for HIM."
Kyle
(My thoughts when seeing his picture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCb3bgUozh4 )
Kyle: (Round sorry)
DM: (Woo! I got the right impression for the look! xD Okay)
Siara: (He's handsome, but holy crap, I'd make so many attempts on his life if I had to serve a cocky asshat like him.)
DM
"What choice do we have?" a bloodied crewman asks, his voice indicating he fears they are already defeated. "There are 10 of us here, and some of our own have been dragged aboard their own ship, the dead left here... if we fight, we will die or we will be slaves."
Dalen frowns, waving Hindi back towards her instead of going after the pirates. She looks over the members of the huddled group, noting their injuries before spluttering a sigh out. "He's right, Siara. You will soon run out of magic, I am only equipped to try one more, and even then I have no real skill... Entanglement, I know, but I have no means of actually using it here on the sea." She is quiet for a long moment then rubs her eyes. "The only thing I can think of would be a suicide mission, and even then, we'd all die along with the pirates."
"Seems that's going to happen anyhow." Another crewman pipes in.
"Yes, but... I'd rather think there is hope." Yet another crewman says.
Dalen sighs. "We could save your spells, Siara... agree to go over to their ship. Then you would rip that place apart, create the largest holes in the hull that you could possibly imagine, so there are no ways of fixing them. But... no, I do not want to go ahead with this either. Dammit..." She trails off, trying to think.
Siara taps on his forehead as he thinks in silence for a moment. "That could work, if we play a fake... Risky, but it could work. Take them down with us..."
DM
Dalen presses her lips together. "But I would wish that could be our very last option. Odds are, we would be taken along with the people belowdecks to be placed in the pirates' hold... so we would all die. It would not really accomplish anything where there are some of us who would live even in slavery."
"I have a wife and three children..." one of the crewmen quietly says. "I... would not like to die if there is a way out of this. But neither would I want to be a slave."
"My wife is belowdecks. I won't endanger her with this... suicidal endeavour." Another says. "But what if we make some sort of deal? Do we have gold or precious cargo aboard?"
"Why would they trade that when they can have both us and it?" Dalen asks.
Kyle: (Drawing a blank.. umm)
Kyle: "Seems where in a pit stink full of piss.." Kyle says quietly to himself, his fingers flicking along the ends of his arrows still left in his quill- "It's ether play the fools part now and strike back later, or jump over board and leave everyone to there own.. Nether which sound appealing."
DM: (Don't have to think too hard. xD Just tell me if you can't think of anything and I'll move the plot along.)
Kyle: (damn plot armor, is there any sort of powered kegs near by, or lamps? Making a search check for my surroundings )
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: "I thought you couldn't swim?" Dalen asks Kyle, then sighs in a huffy manner. "Pit stink full of piss... I agree."
DM: (There's a lamp hanging above the captain's cabin's door, a lamp hanging up in the crow's nest, and a lamp by the trapdoor leading downstairs.)
Kyle: "Doesn't mean I can't learn ether.."
DM: (And it's lightly raining.)

MEANWHILE

Nanteu, as you swim towards the dark island, the sounds of battle on the ships heading north while you head west, you think you spy something near the island. For a moment, you stop so you can get a better look at the shape in the distance. It's tall, towering... definitely not as tall as the island's peak, but it stands upright in the water, shrouded in a mist that seems to be dancing about the sides of the island. It's taller than the masts of both ships, and whatever it is, it's fast.
You peer at it for a while, trying to make out what it might be... then it turns. It's a colossal ship, strangely dexterous in turning and speed. It's dark shadow shifts from the mist, darting out on an interceptory course with the Lusty Cutlass and the Ailosacath.
Nanteu joined the chat 29 seconds ago
Nanteu pauses mid stream, her fingers once again dipping just below the surface of the water as she spots the 'phantom' ship. "Wait.." she mutters, and turns her head, spotting it's destination. For a moment she simply watches the new boat quizically, then with a sudden urge, she starts to flail her arms abover her head. "HERE! HELLO?," she shouts towards it.
Kate
The ship has no lights, nor does it hesitate, but you see something else - another boat. Not a ship, but just a simple rowing boat. Three men sit in it - they appear to have come from the island's path. Slowing near you, one offers you a hand. "Not a pirate, are you?"
He's massive. His muscled arms ripple, his chest fuzzy with thick hair. He wears a beard and his eyes twinkle with a playful smirk as he grabs your arm and hauls you into the ship. His two companions are similar, and they all carry scimaters - suddenly, you realize they, themselves, must be pirates of a sort. But not the type you saw aboard the ships. These are larger, meaner-looking... yet friendly towards you.
Kate: *into the rowing boat.
Nanteu gasps as she's suddenly yanked into the boat, though she doesn't look fearful.. merely confused. She can sense that they are more friendly than those from the Lusty Cutlass, but.. "Thank you," she starts, but gives the leader, or the one she presumes to be their leader, an odd glance. "Why didn't you simply leave me? And.. why are you heading to the Cutlass, and the Ailoscath?
Kate
The man who pulled her out replies. "Korte wants information on this place we've ended up in. The people are not... like the ones at home. We've been led to believe we're very much off-course, having been lost in a storm five days ago. You are all the first people we have come across that seem to come from some form of civilization. As for why we were out here fishing for you... well, we need bargaining chips if the people aboard those two ships are going to be difficult."
The one on the oars laughs. "No we don't. Your dwarf friend just said she was in the water with that briliant sight o' his and you suddenly grab me and Jico, and we're in this silly little boat... fishing for pretty elf redheads."
"True." The man who pulled you out smiles. "My name is Cuon. This quiet fellow here is Jico and the guy on the oars is Malem."
Nanteu nods slowly, deciding whether to tell them much more about herself. She decides to play it safe, however, and leae out the majority of the details. They hadn't yet asked anything of her, after al. "Uh- I see," she says. "So where did you come from, then? Originally? And Korte, is he your captain? I must speak with him, urgently. My friends are in terrible danger."
Kate: Cuon says with a slight grin: "Yes, he's our Captain. We're originally from the region of Tenve, though we were sailing far north of the place when the storm struck." He reaches under the seat of the boat and pulls out a blanket before tucking it about Nanteu's shoulders. And trust me, you won't get to him before he gets to them."
Nanteu tugs the blanket around her shoulders more securely, and now thankful for the warmth, she shoots a smile at Cuon. Tenve.. With the rate that the ship is moving, it's obvious that their small boat won't reach the main ship before it greets the pirates. Frowning, she nods again. "Good point.."
Kate
As you watch, the massive ship lurks out of the darkness, suddenly coming to life. Lights spring up across her deck, up her rigging, off the sides... and you realize that its about double the size of the Lusty Cutlass. It has several decks, many masts, yet seems just so nimble. It roars up upon the two battling ships... and sheers right into the side of the Lusty Cutlass. Both the smaller ships rock, knocking mostly everyone off their feet.
A blanket of living bodies leaps from the larger ship and onto the Lusty Cutlass, pouring across and slicing their way through the pirates of the Lusty Cutlass. Even from this distance, you can tell they are stronger fighters than those pirates and hold no bars against killing them. Cuon hands you a spyglass. If you use it, you would notice that a few of the larger pirates will disable their opponents and grab them, shoving them back towards men behind them so they might be passed back aboard the largest ship to be prisoners. (Now switch to the other game. )


AND

DM: (Uhmkay... Vex, you here? Is anyone posting?)
Siara: (I'm lagging really hard, but I'm here)
Kyle: (I'm not, I think it's pretty obvious with there being women and kids underneath we don't got a choice. Otherwise I would just bolt and take a shot at the asshat )
DM: (xD Okay, I'm gonna start writing then. Shea! This is EXACTLY in the same timing as what I'm about to type to you, so... yup.)
DM: (Give me reflex checks.)
Kyle: (WHO)
Nanteu: (kk)
DM: (Everyone except Nanteu)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Siara: (15)
DM: (All right, you guys will both pass. Give me a moment... sorry, another wall of text coming.)
Kyle: (needs CS to be sure but atleast 20+)
DM
As the group converses, you suddenly hear the man left up in the crow's nest let out a sound that seems similar to Meep! He starts yelling excitedly and everyone would turn to gaze through the rigging of the pirate's ship... and see something beyond the Lusty Cutlass light up in a brilliant flare. A few of the pirates aboard the Ailosacath start running back to the Lusty Cutlass to get aboard and try to find out what the lights were, but-...
KRAKK!
It was a larger ship, easily double the size of the Lusty Cutlass. Despite its size, it was incredibly flexible and delicate in it's turning. It's side simply seemed to sheer the Lusty Cutlass's port side clean off. The impact of the Lusty Cutlass being ruined sends everyone aboard that ship stumbling. A few aboard the Ailosacath manage to keep their footing, including Kyle and Siara, but Angel has to drop to her knees so she won't go rolling across the deck.
A blanket of living bodies leaps from the larger ship and onto the Lusty Cutlass, pouring across and slicing their way through the pirates of the Lusty Cutlass. They seem larger than the pirates, more vicious, and certainly more blood thirsty. Most seem to be humans, half-orcs, and full-blooded orcs... although, you're both certain you saw a minotaur in there somewhere too.
A few seem to be pausing in combat so as to take the pirates prisoner, but as you watch, you start to think... this new faction does not belong to this world where Elmrock is. So far, you have seen mostly elves and more 'cultured' races. Even the pirates of the Lusty Cutlass seemed to be less pirate-like than this lot.
Above the three ships, you might spy some of the crew from the largest ship swinging across on ropes from mast to mast until finally reaching the mast of the Ailosacath and rappeling down. They hit the deck with heavy thumps and a large human woman wearing winter clothing stomps her way towards the lot of the surviving crew while the others start getting to work on the Lusty Cutlass pirates that remain. Captain Fraud Rose seems to have mysteriously disappeared.
"Hoi, you look like a proper person," she says, jabbing a finger towards Kyle's chest. "What happened here?"
Kyle: .
Siara watches the female cross the deck, bowing gracefully as she approaches. "Most impressive, Miss. You should talk to Dalen though, she's the new captain of this vessel."
DM: "I don't bloody want to talk to her. She looks like a twig. Boy! Talk!" Her eyes land on Kyle again.
Siara twitches an eyebrow and stands back up, stepping closer to Dalen. "I already don't like her."
Kyle: With a combination of skill and luck Kyle is saved once more for the time being as he steadies himself for the impact, giving him enough time to watch as a new melee blossoms on the deck again. Kyle's arms come up with a light hearted laugh seeing a women much larger then himself being so direct- "I seem to be the popular one with ladies today it seems, what ya think girl? These damn pirates came along and ruined my vacation.. And killed alot of my mates."
DM: Dalen murmurs to Siara. "Neither do I, but her lot rescued us, so I will treat her cordially still."
Nanteu "Whatever you do, you'll have to treat her with some respect," Nanteu says, squeezing into the group beside Siara. She's completely soaked, her hair still dripping, though she's holding a blanket over her shoulders, the corners bunched up in her hands. There's a pause as she looks at everyone, then suddenly sneezes.
DM: The woman looks at Kyle a moment, then suddenly booms out a laugh. She yells behind her to some of the men that came across with her. "Boys! Those guys on the other ship are pirates!" They all burst into uproarious laughter and keep slicing. She chuckles and shakes her head before looking Kyle up and down. "Awright... so you lot are the 'good guys' and those guys are the 'bad guys'... lovely. So you lot will be the lot Korte will want to speak with... just don't cross blades with any of these boys 'round here and you'll be fine. Feel free to help us sweep up the rest of these... pirates." She starts laughing again, then takes down a greatblade from her shoulders and moves off to slice a pirate in half. It really doesn't look like they need any help with their sheer numbers.
Siara: (Alright, here's a question... If I suppress this spell, can I reactivate it and use the rest of the spells later?)
DM: (What do you mean?)
Siara: (I'm still in a state to directly manipulate the ship, glowing eyes, halo, the works. If I turn it off so that I at least look normal, can I turn it back on?)
DM: (Yep.)
Kyle: "Good to see your joining us Nanntwo, couldn't hold off on the bath till the pirates were gone?"
DM: (Murder teammates time!)
Siara takes in a deep breath, holding it for a moment before exhaling slowly. As he breathes out, a cloud of green mist swirls out of his mouth, eliminating the glow in his eyes and around his body. "Well, you seem to have it under control, so..." He staggers forward, suddenly fatigued. "...woah."
Kyle: (ROUND again)
DM: Dalen catches Siara's shoulder and helps him remain upright. "Hey, easy... come on, let's get belowdecks. You lot," - she points at the crewmembers remaining - "Come with me downstairs... you all need patching up. Princess-... Tindomerel, could you get that last man to come down from the crow's nest? Kyle, do what you will... it seems they respond to you best. Nanteu, Rooke is on the edge of the Lusty Cutlass, or was the last time I saw him."
Nanteu "Hilarious as always, Kyle. Don't think I've forgiven the both of you yet," she says, then leans forward in reflex to catch Siara's arm. "Are you alright?" she asks, almost bluntly, though the concern in her features is obvious. "You overdid it.. again."
Nanteu: (woops, posted at the same time '>>)
DM: (xD!)
DM: (brb)
DM: (back)
Siara nods, holding his head in one hand. "Yeah, I'll... I'll be fine. That was a boon that I really shouldn't have asked for - great power, but greatly draining. Equivalent exchange, you know." He drapes an arm over Dalen's shoulder, trying to support his own weight. "Just need a bit of rest, then I'll be fine..."
DM: Dalen and the other crew members help Siara downstairs. The crewmembers break off to mingle with the rest of the crew in the dining hall and Dalen gently seats Siara on a bench at a table there. Hindi climbs beneath the table and rests her chin on Siara's knee, softly growling... which might be a little unnerving, but obviously she means him no harm.
DM: Angel reaches into her belt and pulls free the broken horn. She presses it into Kyle's hand. "Take care of this for me, would you?" She wipes some blood from the side of her face before she moves towards the mast and starts climbing up the rigging. The man in the crow's nest is injured, so needs help getting down, but Angel looks like she'll be fine on her own.
DM: Meanwhile, the Lusty Cutlass is being held together only by being pressed between the two ships. The men and women from the larger ship seem to be hauling pirates from the Lusty Cutlass and the Ailosacath and either killing them or carting them back to their own ship. A few of the strangers have gone belowdecks of the Lusty Cutlass and are dragging out slaves so they won't drown, also taking them back to their own ship.
DM: (/w xD)
Nanteu nods to Dalen and starts to make her way over the deck. Mixed feelings swirl in the pit of her stomach - she's still irritated with the others, though the majority of her frustrations centred around Rooke. Siara, Kyle, they were only trying to help, but Rooke.. She almost died. Twice. Both times while attempting to save him because he was too drunk and stupid to do it himself. Sighing deeply, brow furrowed, she reaches Rooke's slumped form and nudges him, roughly, with the tip of her boot. "Get up."
DM
Rooke is just on the edge of the Lusty Cutlass, the crew of the larger ship yet to swipe him up and off to safety. His forehead is bleeding slightly from his impact with the crate and he has splinters from Siara's magic attacks imbedded in his chest and one of his legs. Sleepily, he wakes and peers up at Nanteu. For a long moment, he doesn't seem to recognize her, then grunts and gets to his feet.
He looks around at all the chaos and frowns before starting to pull splinters from his clothing. He looked at Nanteu's wet form before pulling a piece of seaweed off her shoulder. "I guess... things happened?" he softly said, almost regrettably. He's quiet, so obviously knows he was drunk, but seems both worried and confused. "Are you all right?"
Nanteu "No, not really," she answers. "But it doesn't matter," she says, trying to cut the greeting short. "Everyone is below decks. I suggest we join them." Quickly she turns away, and starts to alk towards the stairs leading to belowdecks.
Nanteu: walk*)
Kyle: (Back kinda, eating my foods)
DM: Rooke frowns and follows her, continuing to pull splinters free of his body. He touches the blood on his forehead, frowns again, but just keeps following her. He remains silent, wondering what happened or didn't happen and why Nanteu's wet, and why she's ticked off with him. He doesn't even know why there are two crews picking each other apart... all he remembers was the beginning of a pirate fight in his dreams.
DM: (Hey you)
Kyle: (So where anychance I still see the big girl walking around?)
Nanteu 's foot hits the bottom step and her pace slows as she glances about, looking for everyone else.
DM
The large woman seems to be done with fighting, conversing with two men who seem to be dying of raucous laughter. Obviously they're all in a good mood, their weapons still bloodied - one of them takes time to kick a skewered head off their blade.
As for everyone else below decks, they are gathered in the dining hall, tending to injuries. Dalen sits down beside Siara and starts picking at the blood down the side of her face. She seems lost for words considering the strange turn of events.
Kyle: Kyle now casually walking around the top deck was looking for some of his hand fetched arrows hoping some of them survived the battle. Striding over toward the large women making sure to step over the dead bodies and making sure not to slip in the bloodily pools, Kyle would walk up to her scratching at the back of his head.- "So who do we have praise as our heroes tonight, huh? I never did catch any of your names, or who you were?"
DM
The woman smirks. "Praise the captain, I guess. 'Ere he comes now." She puts a hand up and waves a tall man over. He has long, flowing black hair and a large mustache. Like his people, he wears winter clothing, but also a long blue/grey cloak that seems to be tattered at the edges as if nibbled by flames at some point in the past. In his hand, he carries a greatsword, much like the woman's, but you can see it's been used far more often and for a longer time. His eyes are blue and he appears to be in his early forties or so.
"Midrid," he greets the woman. On closer inspection, you notice a splatter of blood up his side and the blade of his sword is covered in blood. His cold eyes land on you and he glances you up and down for a moment and frowns lightly. "Now who are you?" (Knowledge check, Kyle.)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Sejuani joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Sejuani: (...whoops xD)
Kyle: (14)
Sejuani changed name to Siara
Kyle: (Wrong game Sejuani xD)
Siara: (Terr was talking about Sejuani, got sidetracked)
DM: (Random! xD Okay, that's a pass...)
Siara reaches down to pet Hindi, also petting Raiden who sat down behind him.
DM: Kyle, as you peer at this tall man - he's not as tall as the woman, you note, he's probably six foot two - inklings of who they might be start to seep into your mind. You've heard tales of the northern regions, of humans and orcs who sometimes interbreed, their strange and alien cultures... the name evades you for a moment, but you remember that most of the men of the region are mercenaries and hunters. Some turned to the seas, but rarely for any honorable profession and are a true danger for anyone sailing in northern seas...
DM: ... why they're here, you have no clue.
Kyle: Kyle takes a over the top bow with his chest puffing out when starts to exclaim his name- "I do believe we are in your dept Sir, for I am Kyle Green, Duke of Jackals.. This she was my transport that was rudely attacked by those privateers."
DM: (Bluff)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle: (13 vrs his sense motive)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (Welllllp...)(
Kyle: (Booo ya!)
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: (You can never beat me, NEVAR!)
Kyle: (Remind me later to download some Smashmouth albums Vex)
Siara: (Uh, alright then)
DM: The man looks at you a long moment, then takes his blade and wipes it on the nearby body of a pirate. He sheathes the blade across his back and extends a hand to Kyle, catching his hand and shaking it. "I am Captain Korte Bardsbane. A pleasure to help you, I'm sure... but I recognize your accent as something fairly familiar, not like the pithy mouths of these imbeciles aboard the... pirate ship." Nobody seems to be willing to believe they are pirates.
DM: (So, anyone posting?)
DM: (everyone like... died)
Kyle: Who would have thunk it, that his jesting nature would have come in handy? Certainly not Kyle, still he takes the mans grip and tries to match it best he can, but easily falls short causing him to absentmindedly rub his right hand after shaking.- "It's a good mix of some flavorful cultures from where I'm from. Though I could say the same to you, your men remind me of people back home. Maybe we're from the area of birth? Etherway now isn't the time to delve into history class, so please if you excuse me I have to check on my guardian Angel.."
Kyle: (They did all die)
DM: (Oh dear...)
Nanteu: (Eheh.)
Kyle: (Round so your turn guess, get some answers from these blokes!)
DM: Angel has reached the bottom of the mast with the wounded lookout. He's fine to walk on his own, so stumbles off downstairs to get his wounds tended to. Angel keeps out of Korte's sight and just eyes Kyle, giving him a thumbs-up as if to ask if he's okay. Korte nods in response to Kyle's excuse, though watches him with a sense of... caution. Maybe. He mumbles something to Midrid about him looking far too young to be a captain.
DM: (Vex! Play!)
Siara: (What do you want me to do? I'm below deck, recovering)
Nanteu slides the blanket from her shoulders and ruffles her hair with it, flinging droplets across her face. She finds a secluded spot to sit and once she's convinced her hair is dry enough, and she can go without the warmth of the blanket over the rest of her body, she folds it up and places it in her lap, tiredly surveying the area.
DM: Rooke sits down next to Nanteu, looking across the dining hall at the exhausted Siara and bloodied Dalen. His gaze moves across the crewmembers and he softly murmurs to Nanteu: "A lot of people are gone... that pirate raid wasn't a dream, was it?" He sighs, leaving the question unanswered before pulling out more splinters. "And I drank before bed... gah, I'm an idiot... I should have thought there might have been something like this that could happen." He rubs at his face and stands, looking about. "Siara's fine... what about Kyle and Angel? I didn't see them on the way down here..."
Nanteu continues to look into the distance. "Last I saw, Angel lost a horn. There was.. some blood.. And Kyle.." her throat tightens and she swallows past it. "He's fine. But, uh.. I don't know. It was close, and I.. I couldn't do anything."
DM: Rooke frowns and sits down next to her once more. "So why were you wet?"
Nanteu 's gaze drifts to the door and back. "Thrown overboard," she says.
DM: "What? By a pirate?" Rooke asks, frowning. "That's... unorthodox. Anyone kill him for you?"
Nanteu chuckles a bit. "No, no. It was just Siara. He miscalculated.. and I wasn't ready for it. He tried to use his magic to get me away from a pirate. It wasn't his fault. I'm over it, now. Kyle tried to catch me. He missed."
DM: Rooke sits there quietly for a moment, seeming to have a blank expression on his face before frowning and calling across the dining hall at Siara. "Hey! You threw Nanteu overboard!? To get her away from a pirate!? The gods..." He falls quiet, then turns his head away from Nanteu. You see his ear twitch and the side of his cheek, and realize he's trying not to grin.
Siara slowly looks up, his eyes hazy. "Sorry, put too much power into it..."
Siara: (Christ, I'm falling asleep o.e)
DM: (maybe we should stop. You haven't said anything for almost half an hour)
Kyle: Kyle gives Angel a weak wave back like there was nothing going on, before following her down the hatchway quickly trying to catch up with the rest of the group.- "So seems we got lucky, these guys just so happen to be in the area.. That's Captain Korte Bardsbane over there, with.. umm.. Her name was.. Midrid."
DM: (Either that, or you could send Siara to sleep and go do the same.)
DM: (VEX)
DM: (RESPOND. IT HAS BEEN FIVE MINUTES. xD)
Siara: (I did respond :I )
DM: (No, OOC. If you're gonna fall asleep on us, do you mind if you just send Siara to sleep?)
Siara: (Oh, sorry. I could do that, sure. Probably be back in a little while then, if you're still going.)
DM: (Mmkay)
Siara rubs at his forehead. "Damn, I really did overdo it... I think I'm going to just go meditate for a while, try to gather myself." He slowly stands, catching himself before he topples, and slowly teeters off to his and Dalen's room with Raiden.
DM: Dalen lets him go, remaining in the dining hall with Hindi. The tiger leaps up on the table and sprawls before Dalen, rolling over as if for a belly rub. Dalen grudgingly obliges while still trying to clean her own face of blood. Rooke raises his eyebrow at Kyle and grins softly, still half entertained and half mortified that Siara and Kyle were clumsy enough to throw Nanteu overboard. "So what's going to happen next?"
Siara: (Alright, gonna go rest. Naito for now)
DM: (Bye)
Kyle: "Heck if I know, I'm just glad we all get to keep our block.. The captain seems friendly enough, and kinda familiar. I think they may be from our world actually.. But ehh, I was just coming down to grab my bag and was thinking of asking them to drop us off at the next port. How Nannytwo and everyone holding?""
DM: Angel sits down on the other side of Rooke and starts fingering the remaining stump of her horn. "I'm sore, but fine," she says. "By-the-way... keep that horn I just shoved into your hands if you like. I remember you saying you wouldn't mind having one as like... a mantlepiece ornament or something." She grins and wipes blood away from around the stump of the horn.
Nanteu shrugs. "I'm a little seasick, but other than that I'm fine.. How's your head, Rooke?," she inquires softly.
DM: "Hurts a bit," Rooke murmurs. "But I'm all right. 'Tis just a bump..." He fingers the blood scrape across his forehead, then shrugs. "Apparently I was out for most of the fight, so... I'm good."
Nanteu simply nods. "Yeah.."
Kyle: "You gave it your all considering you were drunkly swinging at anything that came close to you, before you got tired and just took a nap in the first guys arms.. And I plan on it Angel, now if you're all done licking your wounds how about we see if the other Captain can spare a few men to get the ship running, and follow us back to port?"
DM
You hear thumps on the steps behind you, Kyle, and find Korte has wandered downstairs. He seems to have taken care to wipe the blood splatter off his side while he was upstairs and has no one following behind him. He seems to have no real desire to have people waiting on his every command, knowing that his men know what they're meant to do and the higher-ups will keep them in line.
He moves up alongside Kyle and looks about the dining room. "There really isn't a lot of you left, is there?" he notes before frowning and clapping a hand on Kyle's shoulder. "Also, I figure you're from near Chessmark. I knew a man with an accent like yours... I am Tenvean, you would have known that if we lived in the same regions." He drops his hand from Kyle's shoulder and walks on in into the room. His eyes roam over Dalen, the tiger, Nanteu, Rooke, Angel, and the rest of the crew before he loops his thumbs in his belt.
"Your ship is doing poorly, I must say, Captain. How long have you had it?"
Nanteu bites her tongue. 'Captain'? Oh, great.
DM: (brb)
DM: back
Kyle: You see Kyle face grow into a wide grin as he tries to keep a straight face will talking before the captain- "I'm not the captain actually Dalen would be the next to fall in line, I was simply hiring the ship out to take me the next set of islands. But yes.. this all that is left of our rag tag crew.. It was quiet a battle."
Kyle: "And don't you snicker Nannytwo, I could be a captain if I wanted too.. I just don't do well with deep water."
DM
Dalen raises her hand above the tiger, the large cat taking up most of the space in front of her. "That'd be me."
Korte gives Kyle an amused smirk before turning his attention to Dalen. "What do you intend to do with this ship, then? You have enough of a skeleton crew to get you through to wherever you are going so long as you don't have anymore attacks, I would say."
She stands so she might be seen more easily, still rubbing Hindi's stomach. "The ship should be returned to Elmrock, so we will take it to our destination and find new crew there to sail it back. I have a mission, so will not be able to accompany them, but... these attacks are not completely common."
"We can escort you if perhaps I can get some answers."
"That would be appreciated. What sort of answers?"
"Where the hell are we? This is nowhere near the waters about Tenve."
"T-... Tanvee?"
Korte looks at Dalen a long moment before glancing at Kyle. "You know what Tenve is, don't you? But she doesn't... maybe you would have a better idea of where we are than she would then."
Kyle: Kyle eyes would fall off to the side looking at nothing as he shrugged reach from some imaginary scratch before speaking- "Ugg.. I'm from Chessmark, inland, I have no idea any of the overbearing seas or oceans that may have connected to Tenve. But if I had to guess, we're aren't in the plain, or world Captain. Hence why we're sailing out this way, hoping to get idea of anything close by that may point us in teh right direction of home."
DM
"So that is what we are doing!" Rooke hisses and grins cheerfully. Angel gives him a confused look before glancing at Kyle and Korte, trying to figure out what's going on before realizing that Korte also comes from the other world.
"Oh," she softly says.
Nanteu: (brb, gotta shower)
DM: (ok)
Nanteu: (actually i better just hop off, i have some stuff to do before i get picked up. I'll cya's )
DM: (All right, bye!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 am by Kate Orchix

Session 25 (5th January 2013)

DM
Korte looks at Dalen a long moment before glancing at Kyle. "You know what Tenve is, don't you? But she doesn't... maybe you would have a better idea of where we are than she would then."
Kyle: Kyle eyes would fall off to the side looking at nothing as he shrugged reach from some imaginary scratch before speaking- "Ugg.. I'm from Chessmark, inland, I have no idea any of the overbearing seas or oceans that may have connected to Tenve. But if I had to guess, we're aren't in the plain, or world Captain. Hence why we're sailing out this way, hoping to get idea of anything close by that may point us in teh right direction of home."
DM
"So that is what we are doing!" Rooke hisses and grins cheerfully. Angel gives him a confused look before glancing at Kyle and Korte, trying to figure out what's going on before realizing that Korte also comes from the other world.
"Oh," she softly says.
Ikitt: (I mean I still got to go do my rounds and jazz)
DM: (Yep. I can have Rooke do my stuff until you come back.)
Ikitt: (Round)
DM
Korte is quiet a moment, considering Kyle's words and decides that they probably know very little more than he himself does. Still, he seems curious as to the idea of them being on another plane of existence and nods slowly. After a moment, he glances at Dalen. "Order your men aboard my ship, Miss Dalen. Your ship needs repairs... we can stop at the island nearby and trash the 'pirates'' ship for spare parts. Meanwhile, I'm certain we can offer you our hospitality and some beds."
Rooke stands and brushes down his shirt. "That sounds pretty good. I'll go find Siara and tell him we're moving... might have a bit of a chat with him while I'm at it." He steps out of the dining hall and heads down into the crew's quarters, searching the halls and peeking in rooms until he finds Siara's. He nudges the door open.
Siara: (Tap him and break Siara's focus xD)
DM: Rooke watches Siara's heavy focusing and sighs before leaning forward and tapping two fingers to Siara's shoulder. "Hey, wake up, elf."
Siara remains silent and immobile for a moment before his eyes blink open without warning, breaking his meditation and severing the tendrils keeping him afloat, and he crashes to the floor. "Ow!! Hey, don't you know it's rude to interrupt a meditating elf!?" He looks up angrily, then gasps softly when he sees who it is. "Oh, you're not... Sorry, ignore that. Kinda irritated with myself."
DM
"For flinging Nanteu overboard?" Rooke chuckles and sits down on the edge of Dalen's bed, leaning forward to clasp his hands together and rest his elbows on his knees in a good-natured sort of posture. "It could have happened to anyone, I suppose, however unorthodox it sounded. Still, she's back, so no harm done."
He licks his thumb and starts scrubbing at his face to get rid of the blood stain from his forehead once more. "That Captain fellow... he said we should all go over to his ship while repairs are done on this one. Dunno 'bout you, but I'm looking forward to finding a bit more space to walk about in."
Ikitt: (Wow my last post was terrible, I must had been really tired)
DM: (xD It was fine)
Siara shakes his head. "No, I was irresponsible with my power and made an error that could have really hurt her... I can't let that happen again." He picks himself up and dusts himself off with as much grace as he can muster. "You mentioned something about repairs?"
Siara: (I feel so evil for killing everyone in the dorm place...)
DM: (xD Not everyone! They would have been close to death anyways)
Ikitt: "I think that would be a amazing way to end a bloodily evening like tonight, some good food, a little drink for our parched throats. Isn't that right everyone?" -Kyle say turning back to the group trying to forget the large amount of innocent men that died on deck today, and the previews captain. The large smile stuck on his face before turning back to grap up his things he left back at the bunk.- "Oh ya, can't forget my survival kit! Never know when we may need to fight off some mermaids or sharks.."
Ikitt: (ROUND again, oh I hate this >,< no time to work on post)
DM
Rooke nods his head and stands again, still rubbing at the spot on his forehead before finally getting the last of the blood off. "Yeah, repairs. I suppose they need us off for them to work on them... I kind of get the idea the captain doesn't think this is a sturdy enough vessel to get us where we need to go, even if we did patch up the deck and the mast and everything. Plus, he has more men who are less tired than the remaining crew..." He stretches, then starts to step out the door, then turns to face Siara again.
"Dalen," he says. "I got the idea you two were... clicking before you two spoke in here alone. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?"
* * *
Angel is quiet for a while, then gently pats Nanteu on the shoulder, knowing that Rooke will be back before long to chat her up, so won't be left alone for long. Angel follows Kyle and steps into the bunkroom with him, grabbing her own gear in silence. After a few moments of being quiet, she gives up and looks at Kyle. "What will you do if you find a way home?"
DM: (Your posts are fine, but I know whatchya mean)
Siara tilts his head. "Nothing, really. We just talked, nothing more. I do like her, she is a very nice person, if that's what you mean..."
DM: Rooke smiles a bit. "No, that's not what I mean. Before you spoke, I saw her eyeing you up and down, her pet was more aggravated, and now... she's just sort of stopped. The tiger doesn't seem so fussed now either."
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM: (SHEEEA!)
Nanteu: (Hey guys. Sorry I'm late - let my bro play a game on my laptop for a while)
Ikitt: The sound of metal on metal clink together as Kyle stuffed item after item into his bag, his eyes focused on the careful placement of such objects so they would tear while carrying them.- "I'm not sure.. I guess that really all depends on whether or not we're actually in another plane, or just another continent. If I had to guess, probable try to make it big in Chessmark, maybe snag you along.. Who knows, may run off and start my own kingdom.. If I could get the crowns."
DM: ('Tis fine. We haven't moved on too far. Basically, Korte told everyone to move onto his ship so his crew might do repairs on THIS ship. Rooke went off to wake up Siara, Angel and Kyle went to collect their stuff from the bunkroom.)
Siara "Oh, that. It's not something I should talk about without her permission, but let's just say that Hindi is more accepting of me and Raiden, and Dalen got the answers she was looking for."
Nanteu: (Mmkay, thanks)
DM
Angel softly smiles and looks at the floor for a bit. After a few moments, she glances up and shoulders her pack. "I wouldn't mind coming along, but... hopefully there would be a way back here too. I mean, nothing's keeping me here, 'cept... family." She frowns and looks away then shrugs. "Never mind! Was just... wondering."
* * *
Dalen continues patting Hindi, eyeing Korte as he talks with the crew who are very glad that his lot turned up in time to save them at least. She glances over towards Nanteu and stands. "I suppose I should go get my things... then move over to the larger ship."
* * *
Rooke raises an eyebrow and nods. "I suppose that means we are parting ways with her once we hit shore. A pity... she's a nice woman. If I weren't trying to prove a certain point to a certain someone, I would have probably tried to cosy up a bit with her..."
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Nanteu brushes her fingers through her hair absentmindedly, then stands with Dalen. "Good idea. I should do that too," she says, then with a final glance about their surroundings, makes her way out of the dining hall and to the compartments.
Kyle: (I'm going to head up with the rest of the group ready to get to the next ship)
DM: (Okay.)
Siara grins. "I don't think she's your type, but I've been wrong before." Without saying anything else, he breezes past Rooke and heads for the deck.
Kyle: (I do believe a time skip would be good here)
DM: (Sure. I'll do that now.)
Kyle: (ROUND again..)
Siara: (Crash to Desktop is such an erratic spell xD)
DM: (Not fun... xD I'm writing, I'm writing!)
DM
Angel takes her belongings and glances up as Nanteu enters, grinning a little bit before walking out. The grin fades once she's in the corridor and making her way up on deck, lost in her thoughts. Occasionally, she'll touch where her missing left horn should be. She waits up on deck while the crew assemble and anyone else heading over. Korte eventually joins the group and waves over at the Tenvean ship - they pulled back to tow the wreckage of the Lusty Cutlass nearer to shore.
Eventually, the large ship pulls back up alongside the Ailosacath and you see large letters painted firmly on the side - JUDIT. Rope ladders are tossed down to the Ailosacath and everyone climbs aboard the larger ship. Its design is flawless, built for size and speed, but still holds a rustic sort of... barbaric nature to its design. Grooves are delicately carved into the wooden deck in swirling patterns, up and down the masts, along the walls, and tend to depict nothing more than senseless shapes. Rooke bothers to ask a nearby Tenvean orc what the patterns are for and the orc replies "Blood drainage."
Korte takes the crew and the party down a deck and into a large gathering hall. You're fairly certain that the Ailosacath could never have harbored such a large room beneath her decks, even with everything removed. Rugs cover the floor and mounted animal and monster heads are placed everywhere on the walls in fearsome grimaces of death. The room is bustling with people dressed in similar manner to Korte and the men and women who fought the pirates off.
Korte motions at a door at the far side of the room. "Anyone who's sleepy, there are rooms through that door and down the stairs. They're currently unoccupied - we keep 'em for guests and passengers, so pick any one you like. If you want privacy, you can find a key to whatever room above the doorframe." He then swept a hand over the bustling room. "And if you would like food, drink, music, here is what we have to offer."
The scents of cooking meat are fairly overwhelming. You all notice women tend to be carrying most of the plates about, sliding them onto long tables, or serving drinks. They also tend to be unarmed or without armor, dressed in simple garments or with fur clothing. A few even seem a bit risque in their dress fashion, showing a fair amount of skin - which seems hardly practical considering Tenveans live in very cold climates. Even with so many people, there are plenty of empty seats around the tables and near the firepits where the seats tend to be more like sofas. A few women are dancing at one end of the hall, several bards playing deep music.
Angel looks around, feeling very small among all these people and the towering monsters some of them are. Rooke doesn't seem too bothered, in fact seeming a little interested by all the different culture. Dalen, on the other hand, seems to have caught a lot of attention, a few men surrounding her and asking questions about Hindi. Either way, she looks like she's fine, as does Hindi - who might have even been pleased, rolling over for belly rubs at the Tenvean men's feet.
Korte glances to Nanteu, Kyle, Siara, Rooke, and Angel - the rest of the crew is already dispersing, heading for the food or drink. "One of my men used to frequent Chessmark a few times... perhaps you would be interested in meeting him, Duke of Jackals?"
DM: (Don't let me PUSH you guys around, okay? Be determined in what you wanna do, or if you wanna find stuff to do!)
Kyle: (I'm back, and I see you managed to kill everyone again with the wall-of-text)
DM: (Sorry... why do you keep surviving these?)
Nanteu: (Oh man.. I don't know where to start xD)
DM: (xD 'Tis a big post)
DM: (And a big ship)
DM: brb
DM: (back)
Kyle: Stepping down into the lower deck Kyle's eyes grow large at the amount room on this deck compared to his last lodging. The scent of smoked meats made Kyle's stomach growl as his eyes looked from one ends of the deck to the other trying to keep a straight face with so many women abort. He couldn't help but glance and give some light waves as a few passed- "Woah.. I heard these guys had big ships but I never knew they crammed so many women in it.. Heck I bet you could get lost in here. Ohh and just look at some these heads.." -Kyle would say rushing pass a group to the wall, and pointing to the first sea serpent he noticed.- "I've never even heard of these, wonder what they're called.. I never did hear much about the ocean stories.. Never got many sailors inland." -Then turning back to the group with his arms out- "Ya'll alright? I know it's stunning and all, and Rooke pull your jaw up! Nannytwo watching ya.'
Kyle: (Not even noticing Korte yet)
DM: (xD! Come on, Shea and Vex, you two post and then I'll see about a response!)
DM: (... meh, I'll throw something in. xD)
Nanteu swallows nervously, eyeing the various heads on the wall. The monsters she could understand - they probably had it coming, but the animals? Unconciously, she wraps her arms around herself for comfort. "I never realised just how popular there kinds of.. decorations.. are."
Nanteu: these*)
DM
Rooke shakes his head at Kyle, glances at Nanteu and smiles a little before bringing his mouth close to her ear so he might whisper. "All I know of Tenveans is that they are barbarians... these are probably beautiful to them. Kyle must be related to them or something, he looks like some kid at Winter Festival... Still, some of these are pretty impressive. Just look at that thing up there... looks like a dragon to me."
* * *
DM
Rooke shakes his head at Kyle, glances at Nanteu and smiles a little before bringing his mouth close to her ear so he might whisper. "All I know of Tenveans is that they are barbarians... these are probably beautiful to them. Kyle must be related to them or something, he looks like some kid at Winter Festival... Still, some of these are pretty impressive. Just look at that thing up there... looks like a dragon to me."
* * *
DM: (Meh, pressed enter. xD)
Siara looks around in wonder. "...this is quite a ship. It looks almost like elven make." He decides to stand off to the side and observe for a while before doing anything.
Kyle: "Seriously Nanteu? You'd be shocked to find out just how hard it is to master the art of taxidermy.. I heard some of the higher class one will even enchant them to move and makes sounds like if they were alive." (round)
Siara glances around, looking for something to do, then realizes that the women are quite revealing, even with fur outfits. "...most peculiar."
Kyle: (FB Vex)
Nanteu shudders, though for a moment she eyes the dragon head curiously alongside Rooke. When Kyle mentions their enchantments, however, she turns to face him, shocked. "But.. that's just.. completely disrespectful," she says to him, in a hushed voice. "Planting their heads on a wall for glory is one thing.."
DM
"Eh, enchanting," A voice says from behind Kyle. A man about two inches shorter than Kyle steps over and gazes up at the sea serpent's head on the wall. "Magic and arcane rubbish... 'tisn't our style. Plus, if y'wanted 'em to move while stuck to the wall, you might as well grab a few nails and pin 'em there and leave 'em alive!" He chuckles grimly, his eyes almost filling with pride as he looks at the sea serpent.
He reaches out and clasps Kyle's hand in a firm, slightly moist handshake. His hands are huge and scarred, as are his arms. He wears casual winter clothing, and some armor - it seems he was up top fighting the pirates also as he has a slight blood splatter on his boots. He appears to be in his late forties, his brown hair starting to grey at the temples and roots. His eyes are dark, but happy. "Name's Herne. That pretty snake up there is mine, as are many others across these walls."
You see he has a heavy crossbow across his back and a dagger at his side. Behind him, you hear a light thumping sound... then a furry beast slightly larger than a badger stops at his boots and starts licking the blood splatter off, paying you no heed.
Siara, you may notice that most of the women who carry weapons are not quite as attractive as those who don't. They have scars, are more flat-chested, or taller than the men around them.
DM: (brb!)
DM: (back with dinner... and I truly am sorry for the walls.)
Siara: (Moving to room, then working on a post)
Siara inspects the situation more closely, realizing that the ones without weapons are the ones who might be considered the most physically attractive, while the ones who have weapons are more battle-set. "Are the women allowed to choose their path, or are their paths chosen based on their build?"
Kyle: Kyle tries to match his grip firmly during the shake.- "Ahh it's a nice catch then.. Guessing your the one Korte was talking about, one of the big monster hunters from Chessmark? If so maybe you can explain to this women why it's not disrespectful to hang them about for everyone to see." -He says light heartly with a chuckle and holding a arm out toward Nanteu- "This is Nanteu, Rooke, and I'm Kyle. Nice to meet ya Herne."
Nanteu glances back at the wall, having studied 'Herme' briefly already. "Hi," she says flatly.
Kyle leans in to whisper to a bit toward Herne- "She's a bit of a damp towel sometimes.. I swear she had better moods."
DM
Korte hasn't quite left yet, so he responds to Siara's inquiry. "Hm, well... it depends. Women are generally not equal to men in our culture. They are to stay and tend to their husband's children, cook, sew, and take care of the home. A few do not find themselves in a position where they desire to stay home and tend to a man's needs, or they have not been able to find a man that would take them. Generally, they will turn to mercenary work like the men. However, you'll see that a few here who are serving the men also know how to fight. See there? That's Herne's wife, a pretty lady, is she not? Still, she's one of the best shots I've ever seen with a spear." He slows down for a moment, then coughs. "It may be difficult to see why women's paths are chosen for them for a non-Tenvean..."
* * *
Herne chuckles at Nanteu's manner and Kyle's comment. "Little lady... an elf, heh." He shakes his head. "Elves have no respect for the hunt, for hanging these beasts up on the walls as trophies. I'll tell you now, elflady, every one of these things on the wall means something. See that pathetic little duck head? That was my son's first kill. Anyways!" He smirks at Kyle. "I am not from Chessmark... though I passed through many times. They do like hunting there, great place to find parties and equipment..."
Kyle: (No go ahead, I'm not the main character I have rounds to do.. GO shooo Herne and Korte! ROUND)
DM: (xD Either that, or everyone move away from Herne so he and Kyle can chat all quiet-like)
Nanteu: (Nan was going to anyway xD)
DM: Rooke dips his head to whisper into Nanteu's ear again. "I'm surprised someone Kyle's age is more busy ogling the heads on the wall rather than the scantily-clad women around here... Want a drink?"
DM: (Siara, Spot check!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara: (Well over 20)
Nanteu grins at Rooke, then turns away from the wall, but not before catching Herme's comments. She ignores them, however irritated the man has made her. "Please, anything to get me away from that wall," she whispers to the offer of a drink.
Nanteu joined the chat 7 seconds ago
DM: Siara, as Korte talks to you, you notice a woman across the hall. For a moment, you think she might be eyeing Korte, but decide that no, she is looking at you. She is young, most likely below mid-twenties, stands at about the same height as yourself, has creamy skin that is just slightly tanned, and long brown hair cascading down her back. She wears fur like many of the other women, but it is not as so revealing. At her hip, you see a dagger, but she doesn't really look like many of the fighting women. Her green eyes stare at you, glance you up and down, then she smiles at you before slowly moving along the side of the room - not towards you, but always keeping an eye on you.
DM: Rooke smirks a little and puts an arm around Nanteu's shoulders. "'Scuse us," he tells Herne and Kyle. Steering Nanteu away, he leads her towards one of the tables where a woman is laying out mugs of alcohol on the table. Letting his arm drop from Nanteu's shoulders, he offers to pull out a seat for her near the end of the long table. "So, I guess it's going to be hard to find you something to eat here, hm? Elves don't like meat much, do they?"
DM: Everyone would hear yelping from the door that leads out onto the deck before a small pack of dogs runs in and starts scavenging beneath the tables. They garner a few kicks and shooing hand gestures, but apart from that, don't tend to disturb the peace too much. One even wanders over and tries to greet Raiden.
DM: (Wee! Pic of a doggy! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co... )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Sable_and_White_Female_OTFS_Dog.JPG
Nanteu eases herself into the seat, then drags two of the mugs over to her and Rooke. "Some do, though I've found the majority prefer to stay away from it. Moral implications and such. I don't eat it at all.. So you're right. I can go without food for a few days, however the battle was somewhat draining.. Mostly mentally, however.. How is your head?"
Siara blinks slowly as his gaze meets that of a female across the room. He casts a playful grin in her direction before looking down to Raiden. "Seems we're already catching plenty of attention, aren't we... You don't have to play with them, you know." He then looks back up at Korte. "Just a bit, yeah. The females in our clan are told to do whatever they feel suits them best, but are given guidance if they request it."
DM
"Still hurts a little bit," Rooke admits. "But I'm sure the alcohol won't help at all!" He smirks before gently clanking his mug against hers. "To... what to? Uhm... to you. There you go." He takes a long swig of his mug before setting it down and blinking. "That tastes... really strong. Uhm... I'll be right back!" He stands, moving away from the table and towards one of the women carrying a platter of food. He appears to question her and she motions off to another side of the room. He nods and starts moving that way.
* * *
Korte gives a clumsy shrug. "It is tradition. We've lived this way for centuries, so why change? Anyhow... I must go. Some of the slaves from the pirate ship need a bit more medical attention, and they need to know what's going to happen to them next. Enjoy yourself, and like I said before, bedrooms are through that door." He smiles and starts to move away.
The young woman is still watching.
* * *
Angel seems interested in all the heads on the wall, having never seen such a collection before. Her mother would have been aghast, she reflected, but she found the gruesome faces staring back at her to be intriguing. She moves close to the wall and runs her fingers inside the mouth of what appears to be a saber-toothed cat. Fingering the long teeth, she glances back at Kyle, smirking just a little as she wonders what he may do with that horn once he gets back home. Place it on the wall as a trophy like these? She snickers to herself.
Kyle: (wow come back to BAM, good to see everyone is trying to keep up with Kate GO ON, I will do a post shortly)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu takes a small sip of the ale as Rooke slips away, and she pivots in her chair to face the expanse of the room, watching as he leaves. Her gaze drifts over familiar faces, and those not so well-known, while she waits. Despite the strength of the ale, she takes another sip.
DM: (brb!)
DM: (back)
Kyle
"Ya I heard all the stories of the feasts and games that go on in Chessmark.. Though I've yet to actually been to one myself. My father tends to one of the outer shops that lead into the marsh lands, so we have a lot of the bigger hunters pass through always chasing Vascar.. One of the bigger black dragon's in that part." -Looking back to see where everyone wonder off too before returning his attention toward Angel- "Oh would you excuse me, I have to go check on something.."
Sneakily Kyle would come up behind Angel grabbing her shoulder and yelling trying to spook her- "Ahhh! Ya better be-careful, other wise thing may come to life and bite ya.. Or one of the hulking men may hit ya over the head and drag ya to there rooms, hah.. Never be to safe around these kind of people."
Kyle: (afk roundish)
DM
Angel squeals in fright as Kyle sneaks up behind her then laughs. "They'd only end up hurting themselves... seriously, if you are ever going to punch me, do it in the head... 'cause that's the area where I'm least likely to actually be hit." She looks at him smilingly with cheeky eyes before tapping her remaining horn. "These are great for spearing peoples' fists, I must say..."
Herne chuckles at the two of them, curiously glancing at Angel's horn, but keeps his distance and crouches down to scratch behind the ears of the furry beast at his feet. Picking it up, he holds it under one arm while moving towards a table, grabbing a homely-looking woman by the waist, kissing her on the cheek, and releasing her so that she might get him a drink. They appear to be married, the way she's so adjusted to him.
Siara: (Bleh, Chatzy's lagging hardcore, I only just got all that)
DM: After a few minutes, Rooke returns to the table and places a small bowl before Nanteu. Inside are greens and a few slices of orange. He sits down opposite her and resumes sipping at his drink. "They usually only keep the lettuce and cucumber to feed the goats in the hold, they said... but they said those were untouched. I'm going to choose to believe them." He smiles playfully at her before drinking again.
DM: (Wow, heck! xD)
DM: (I'll... slow down my spamming!)
Siara shifts his gaze back to the female on the other side of the room, watching her for a moment before extending a hand and beckoning for her to come over.
DM: The woman looks at him a moment and then smilingly shakes her head and instead motions that he should come over. She's standing near the door to the deck now, having moved about the room from where you suspect a door leads off to the kitchens.
Kyle: (Mmm.. ginger bread coffee )
DM: (That sounds... nice)
DM: ( http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/c/a/cann... )
Kyle: (What is it? I can't tell)
DM: (Neither can I. It just looks like someone throwing themselves away from a laptop and 'despairing')
Nanteu smirks, picking a piece of orange out of the bowl. "Believe them or not. Either way I don't really have much of a choice," she chuckles, then places it in her mouth. "Aren't you hungry?"
Nanteu: (it looks really familiar - the character itself, I mean)
DM: "Yeah..." Rooke trails off, then leans down over the table before managing to pinch a leg of meat from a platter and dumping it on a nearby plate. He drags it over and settles down again, looking at the meat before taking a bite. "You don't mind me eating this in front of you, right?" he asks, a mouthful behind his teeth as he talks.
DM: (Only found it on dA, didn't say it was anyone in particular, so no clue! xD)
Nanteu shakes her head. "No, it's fine." Picking up a piece of lettuce, she starts to nibble on the corner.
Nanteu: (reminds me of Studio Ghibli, i think. dunno. oh well~)
Kyle: (Vex you really lagging that bad?)
DM: (Vex, you still with us?)
Kyle: (we all know how wacky his net can be)
DM: (Shea, wanna do any spot checks, search checks? Anything you wouldn't mind finding aboard the ship?)
Siara: (Uggggggh)
DM: (Are you downloading stuff on the web lots at the moment? Or do you have other tabs or windows open?)
Siara: (No, I closed them all thinking it would help. And I never download anything while we're doing this because I know it starts lagging)
DM: (Firewalls doing updates?)
Nanteu: (oh! it's ponyo! http://welcometoclubsilencio.blogspot.co... )
Siara smirks to himself. Well if that's how you want to play it... He slowly crosses the floor to the female, Raiden close behind him. He leans against the wall beside her, looking over the activities. "You rang?"
Siara: (Firewall's disabled for now, actually)
DM: (Hah, all right. xD Ponyo...)
Nanteu: (And yeah, Kate, I might as well.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu: (17 for spot)
Nanteu: (that good enough?)
DM: The woman smiles, displaying white teeth as she quickly glances him up and down again. She looks across the room as if to check on something, almost furtively, then takes Siara's hand and tugs him out the door onto the deck - then smacks him against the wall. She goes back to looking at him, her hands on his chest to keep him against the wall. After a long, long moment, she smirks. "You're very pretty for an elf."
DM: (Yep!)
Nanteu: (Hahahah. Siara's like.. almost getting assaulted. That shouldn't be funny but.. pretty elf)
DM: Nanteu, as you glance about, you see Dalen. She is seated at one of the firepits with Hindi at her feet. Four Tenvean men seem to be lingering about her, interested in both her and the tiger. You can see hints that one has definitely taken a fancy to her, getting her food and drink, a warm blanket, meat for Hindi... doing his best to spoil her. You can see other members of the crew about, mostly eating and drinking, though a few who are in good enough spirits are dancing with some of the women.
DM: (xD I wouldn't call it thaaaat, but it may be taken that way...)
Kyle: Kyle gieves Angel horn a light flick and a fake ouch noise- "Ya I bet.. Pretty neat running into these kind of folks though, makes me wander how many other kinds of people were sucked into this plane." -Then rubbing his chin's scruff, releasing it's been awhile since he last shaved- "Dang, I'm going to need a hair cut soon, been out and about too long.. Well I'm thinking about grabbing some of that roasted duck, and maybe checking out the bedrooms."
Kyle: (Mind I'm just posting when I can, Shea I'm having to do extra rounds now, cause some of the other S/O got in trouble for being too lazy)
DM: (You're doing fairly well)
Kyle: (Ya, that nap before work really helped, hence why I was wanting to work on Mr. Swipe post while I had the brain power)
Siara exhales powerfully as he's shoved against the wall to lessen the impact, then grins, petting Raiden to try to settle him down a bit. "As are you, for a hume." His eyes light up just slightly, a tinge of the green halo beginning to spiral around him once more. "I'd suggest letting go. Raiden is becoming upset."
Nanteu: (It's all good, keep posting whenever Kitt)(and it definitely looks like it, Kate. It makes me giddy for some reason. it's just so sudden xD)
DM
Angel nods. "I'm getting hungry too... it must be what? Two hours before dawn? I'm not too sure..." She shakes her head and takes the edge of Kyle's sleeve, tugging him towards the tables where the food is. "I don't even know what half of the creatures on these walls are, you know... also, you look nice with your hair that length, though you're going to get a beard soon... not sure if that's a good thing or not..." She smiles a little bit.
* * *
The woman smiles a little and takes a step back, doing as he suggests. She continues watching him, then licks her lips. "I saw your tail... is that really attached? It looked very nice. Are you a druid? You look like a druid... or one of the prettiest, handsomest druids I've ever seen. You don't mind me calling you pretty? Because you are very pretty..."
DM: ('Tis sudden! xD And sorry Kitt... I might be able to help you out later, or tomorrow, if you like.)
Kyle: (ROUND)
Nanteu "It seems Dalen has caught a lot of attetion," she states, then waits to catch Dalen's eye, then gives a light-hearted wave. "I wonder where Siara is."
Nanteu: (dinner, be back in a bit)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Okay)
Siara cocks an eyebrow at the female as the light and halo fade. "Yes, yes, and no. The name is Siara... Who are you?"
DM: Rooke shrugs and watches as Dalen smiled back at Nanteu in acknowledgement. "Who knows? Maybe he needed to take the dog outside for a dump or something... or has gone off to do that meditating thing you elves do..." He takes a small sip of his drink, seeming to be slowing down a little. "Hey, Nan... could you stick close to me while we're aboard? Some of these men... I don't know, but the way they treat the women here, I have a feeling they might not have been much different than I was back a few years."
DM
The woman grins, again showing white teeth. "Astrid," she says. Occasionally she'll glance at Raiden, but her interest is solely on Siara. She licks her lips again, then takes a slow step forward once more so she is in his space. "There aren't many elves in Tenve, or aboard this ship..." Her eyes take him in again, and you see them dip as if she's trying to glance around you to see the tail... or just look at your backside, you're not too sure. She resumes watching, almost as if waiting for something specific to happen.
You notice that very few men are on the deck. There are a few in the crows' nests and one or two patrolling the deck, but it seems you're in one of the more secluded parts of the ship at this time of night.
Kyle: (Vex get your rp face on, seems your the last character alive!)
DM: (xD!)
Siara: (Working on it, the lag is strange)
Siara looks around, but sees nothing of importance, then spots Astrid trying to look behind him. "...you can just ask, silly girl." He turns around so she can easily see whatever she's aiming for, flicking his tail up into her face playfully. "I take it you've never seen someone like me before, have you?"
DM: Astrid blinks, screwing up her face with a smile while trying to protect herself from the fluffy tail tip. She reopens her eyes and reaches out to stroke the tail, petting it and turning it a little. She steps nearer and touches the base of the tail as if to figure out how it joins to Siara's spine. "No, never," she says. "Druids always have funny tell-tale signs, but you're different... you don't have birds nesting in your hair." She smiles and tweaks his tail before stepping nearer so she's very close to his back. She whispers in his ear. "Invite me back to your room."
DM: (I know, that's hardly an invitation... xD Kitt, you on a round? If not, Angel did respond to you somewhere...)
Kyle: (Yea, just I have to act like I'm staring at the cameras for a while, since the other guards are dumb and got caught he may check the cameras so.. I just got to check them for a few mins every now and then. )
DM: (Mmkay. xD)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (Hey hey)
Siara looks over his shoulder, watching the female carefully. "I'll see about inviting you soon, depends on how the rooms are arranged."
Siara: (That chick bothers me.)
DM: (I would be bothered too, just saying!)
Nanteu: (Yeah, she's shifty.)
Kyle: (clinging http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6i435... )
DM: Astrid smiles a little and backs off, giving the tail a playful bat before moving next to him and leaning against the wall. She watches him again, then gives a weak smile. "I really am not good at this, am I? Here you are, a perfectly attractive male, and I'm just making a slutty fool of myself, aren't I?" She embarrassedly glances aside, then smiles to cover it up.
DM: (Yaaaaaa...)
Nanteu pulls her mug close again. "I will," she says, and takes another sip of the ale. Pulling away from the mug, she pauses, then glances at him. "Thank you."
DM: Rooke takes another large bite of his meat, takes time to chew it before swallowing, then gives Nanteu a somewhat confused expression before realizing she must be referring to him wanting to protect her. He smiles a little, then shrugs like it's no problem. "It's nice having you around anyways... I might just be a little scared of some of these women too. I need you to stay and protect me from their very open dress-fronts and long legs."
Kyle: "To roast duck and more we go!" -He says being tugged away in a comical fashion, fully fine with being lead to a table full of food and crowded with girls.- "Oh excuses me, excusssses me.. I heard there was free food somewhere around here..Oh there it is Angel." -Kyle doesn't even wait to get a plate instead he just join right in, ripping a leg off stuffing it in his mouth before pointing off to the rooms- "Thurrt way!" -He really just wanted something light, and would come back for more once he was off his feet, they been killing him after the fight.
Nanteu almost gags on another mouthful, then manages to swallow the beverage successfully, giggling. "Yeah, I bet," she grins.
Kyle: (Side note I'm amazing at parties )
Nanteu: (belle of the ball)
Siara looks back at her and smiles gently. "You're not the first, trust me. Some think I'm a monster, some think I'm a catch. Either way, you'll have to earn Raiden's trust." He scratches behind Raiden's ears as he talks. "He's... quite protective of me."
DM: Angel grins and grabs up a plate, managing to get a leg of something on the plate and something that looks like a boiled egg, but just a bit too big to have been a chicken's egg, then balances both on the plate as she follows Kyle off towards the door that leads downstairs to the rooms. "Lead the way!"
Kyle: (Also Kyle grabbed a turkey leg cause there are no ducks at sea that big!)
DM: (All right! xD)
DM: (DIRE DUCK)
Kyle: (Whelp you got me there DM)
DM: Astrid smiles, watching both of them for a moment, then slides her back down the wall so she can sit on the ground. She rolls onto her knees and gently strokes Raiden's head and spine, gently rubbing a bit more at his shoulders. "Well, I've never had to gain the trust of a dog to get somebody to trust me before..." She glances up at Siara again. "Did I come off too forceful? Elves... aren't like that?"
Kyle: (also I'm eating dinner 2)
DM: (Nice)
DM: (FB, kitt?)
DM: (Shea, whatchu gonna do?)
Siara snickers. "Ha, no, elves are generally very peaceful creatures until you piss us off. When it comes to defending ourselves and the ones we care most for, we can become quite fierce. Raiden is very dear to me, and I'm dear to him - we stick together and protect each other, no matter what. He became riled when you... dare I say, "assaulted" me." He looks down to Raiden, grinning as he sees Raiden start to relax. "All is well for now. He's wary, but doesn't see you as a direct threat anymore."
Nanteu: (*shrug* any ideas? )
DM: (Plenty to do on the ship. Just have to find stuff, I guess. xD)
Kyle: (How about you use those bard musical skills?)
DM: Astrid nods softly and keeps patting Raiden. She seems a little disappointed in herself that she didn't think her approach through, but it doesn't seem to hold her back. She stands and smooths down her clothes before grinning foolishly at Siara. "May I... try again, then? And not assault you this time?"
Nanteu: (Die hates me at the moment, so i wouldn't risk it xD Nan'll probably just end up making a fool of herself)
DM: (Rooke will support her. xD)
Nanteu: (I know xD)
DM: (Just gonna throw this out there, for future reference...) With the walls covered in mounted heads and trophies of hunting and battles, the doorways to other halls or leading to staircases are almost a little difficult to spot. If people weren't moving in and out of them, you might completely miss them. The most obvious doors in the room: The one leading out onto the deck, outside. The one leading to a staircase going down to the guest rooms. The one that leads to the kitchens where the food and alcohol are being brought out from. There are only 3 other doors leading from the room, hidden among the trophies.
Siara nods and leans against the wall casually, pretending to not notice she's there to give her an opening.
Kyle: "Hold up Angel.. I feel like we're missing something important here.. We should go check on the other two, maybe see if the towel has dried. Last thing I need is two elves hating me and planning to cut my throat as I sleep." -Turning back to the room, with a series of chews as a tough gamy bites wouldn't go down, then spitting it out- "I think the love birds are over that way.. ROOK! Where ya at?!" -Finally making it back over through the swarm of scantly claded women back to them- "So Nanteu, Rooke you two just going sit there like a wart on a lily-pad? And have you seen these women Rooke? I didn't know.. ya nevermind, but ya know what I mean. Let's see what else they got in this huge ship."
DM: Astrid smiles and looks away for a moment, taking a few steps away as if to appear casual. Slowly, she makes her way over to him. "Hey," she says brightly. "My name's Astrid... could I get you some food and drink to have in your room?" She then drops her voice to a whisper and looks at Raiden, whispering to him. "I'm trying my best here, pup!"
Kyle: (NOM NOM https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
DM
Rooke grins from behind his plate of food. "I'm hiding from them, Kyle... a big hunky man like myself? Alone? With those women? Bad things are bound to happen whether I like it or not... I'm with you. Come on, Nanteu. 'Tis a fairly big ship to wander about in..."
Angel holds her plate, eating off it before putting down the plate and holding the large boiled egg-thing, looking at it a little suspiciously before nibbling on the top of it.
DM: (N'awww! xD)
Kyle: (Keep this up and I'm going to look like I am on par with you Shea!)
Nanteu gets to her feet, leaving the half-empty mug and the remains of her food at the counter. "Alright. But who knows what secrets they have hidden here."
Nanteu: (Eh )
Siara looks up at her and grins playfully. "...much better." He stands and bows. "Nice to meet you Astrid. My name is Siara, and this is my companion, Raiden. It would be an honor to dine with a lovely woman such as yourself."
Siara: (See, I can charm the ladies without spells.)
DM: (xD Aye. Astrid is charmed.)
Nanteu: (I think she's more than charmed.)
Nanteu: (Hur hur.)
DM: Astrid smiles and offers the slightest curtsy - the gesture seems foreign to her, but she felt like doing it anyhow. "Let me see where your room is, and I'll bring you some food once I know where to go!"
DM: (Hurr hurr xD)
Kyle: (ROUND, and go SHEA 'tis your side quest now lead it well)
Nanteu: (Why is it my sidequest xD Fiiiiinnnne.)
DM: (brb! Shea, do what you like! Pick what door you'll go through... Kitchen, deck, rooms, A, B, or C.)
Siara grins. "I'll be waiting here for you, sound fair? I don't know much of where to go on this ship."
Nanteu spots one of the more hidden doors from across the room. She points to the opposing wall and moves her finger over each door, stopping for a few seconds on each one as she picks them out around the room. As if counting in her head, she finally stops on one, door 'B', then looks at Rooke. "How about that way?"
DM
"Well," Astrid says, "I know you'll be in the guest rooms, so you obviously haven't picked one yet... all right, I'll meet you here." She smiles and gives Raiden a quick pat on the head before she heads on inside to go get some food and drink for Siara.
* * *
Rooke shrugs. "Whichever you choose. I'll follow." He steps forward quickly and opens the door for her, flourishing a bow at her. "After you!" Before you is a long hallway, a few doors on either side. Writing is above each door, either in Common or another language you don't quite recognize (nobody in this group knows it) but the Common phrases you make out are titles such as 'medbay' or 'butcher' and after reading a few more, you start to realize that these doors each lead to shops. The ship must be much bigger than you realize if they actually have business aboard it, or at least holds more people than you think.
Kyle: (It's your side quest cause I'm having to work more so I can't lead us, and I want you to have fun, you seem to be so passive.. I want ya to find things that interest you, curse at people, start fights whatever)
DM: (I'm willing to bend and to find things that you're looking for. It's what's fun about being DM! Having stuff that you don't expect happen.)
DM: (I'll post Astrid again...)
DM: Astrid returns to Siara, a large basket with a lid under her arm and two bottles held by their necks in one hand. She again seems somewhat furtive, but once she's outside, she stops looking over her shoulder. Scents wafting from the basket indicate meat and maybe soup. There is a citrus-smell to whatever is in there too, most likely oranges... since everyone loves oranges. "I have everything..." she says, smiling aprehensively.
Siara blinks in surprise. "My goodness, so you do. Do you need a hand with all that?"
Nanteu "Wow. I knew this ship was large, but this is extraordinary," she says, being he first to make her way up the hall. "A butcher's? Do you think it's seperate to the kichens?," she says aloud. Timidly, she approaches the medical bay door and knocks twice, unsure of whether or not there is anyone inside at this time. She reaches for the handle and tries to turn it, wondering just how big the rooms are.
Kyle: "Huh? Didn't really think we would find shops inside a battleship.. Maybe it's a trading ship or something?" -Kyle would say finishing off his turkey leg and looking back and forth before just dropping the bone left, hoping a dog would find it.- "I bet they got some exotic things you'd girls like.."
Nanteu: (well then thanks, I guess. Heh.)
Kyle: (what'd I do?)
Nanteu: (Nothing!~)
DM
Astrid offers Siara the two bottles of alcohol. "I can handle this basket on my own, I think. Lead the way, Siara!" She seems nervous but interested and maybe even a little excited. (Do you want to do any Sense motive, or have you figured out what she wants? xD)
* **
You enter the medical bay and find beds lined up with some of the injured crew and many other people you don't know. Some look in very poor condition, malnourished, or just exhausted. You find that most of them are elves or half-elves. The captain, Korte, is standing in the far corner of the room making notes in a logbook. The room is fairly expansive, large enough to easily take on at least fifty beds, most of them being currently full. A woman wearing a simple garment glances up as you enter and quickly hurries over. "I'm sorry, but the Captain's busy and everyone here needs their rest... You'll have to head to the medbay on level four if you need any assistance..."
Angel glances at Kyle, then jumps, having almost stood on the bone he dropped. She continues snacking on the egg, seeming to enjoy it. "What? Fur clothes?" She snickers. "I don't think they're a trading ship... too many fighting people. Or maybe they are... I... don't know how things work in your world, but we don't make ships of this size..."
"Few of us do," Rooke comments.
Siara: (She wants me. :I )
DM: (Ya, you don't need sense motive. xD)
Kyle: ( okerface
Nanteu nods politely at the woman and ducks back out of the doorway, shutting it lightly as she shuffles back. "So that's where all the elves are," she comments, then gives the door a peculiar look. Odd, but probably nothing. Moving over to one of the shop doors, her hand rests on the handle. "Maybe we shouldn't be here."
Siara takes the bottles carefully. "Human alcohol... hmm. Might be nice to experiment." He sets off towards the unoccupied rooms, eventually stopping outside one. He draws the tip of one finger across the door lightly, marking it with a light X to indicate that it's now taken before heading inside. "What a day."
Kyle: (Just want to note, I feel like our group of four is like Scooby Doo's group)
DM: (... who's Scooby Doo!?)
Siara: (I'm hardly a Shaggy.)
Nanteu: (.. Are you joking?)
Nanteu: (I mean, kate)
Kyle: (take your pick the druid with a dog tail or his dog)
DM: The door handle you hold has a title above it, but it's written in that mysterious language, Nanteu. Rooke snorts and gently pushes your hand downwards so you open the door. "Who cares if we aren't meant to be here." They enter into a small room that seems like a simple shop for beaded jewellery. An old woman covered in wrinkled tanned skin sits behind a counter, carefully beading colored shells onto a string. She doesn't even seem to notice you enter, probably hard-of-hearing. She looks fairly ancient and her skin has the slightest olive hint, her eyes just slightly un-human... she's probably part orc.
DM: Astrid follows Siara in, waiting until Raiden has entered before closing the door behind them. The bedroom is small, but cozy. A nice-sized bed takes up most of the space, but there is enough room for a chest at the end of the bed, and a desk with a chair. Astrid sets the basket down on the desk, watching Siara expectantly.
Siara: (This is so weird, I have no idea what to do with her)
DM: (I don't blame you. xD)
Kyle: (ITS A TRAP! She is a guy I bet)
Nanteu: (lmao)
Siara: (That would be so much icing on the cake)
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: A small awww can be heard lightly from Kyle in the back, he doesn't seem to be that interested in beads.- "Well this looks like a cozy place to get a trinket maybe. Then again I doubt any of it is actually enchanted, but maybe she knows something about goo?"
Nanteu places a foot inside the doorway, leaning in to peek at the shop's contents. "Oh, jewellery," she says lightly. "Good, I was expecting more animal heads, or something," she says, and slips inside completely. Turning her head to Kyle, she brings her hand up to her chest. "Goo. I keep forgtting about him. Sorry, little one," she says quietly, waiting for him to pop into her hand. Glancing up again, still posed the same way, she looks at the woman. "Hello?"
Siara sets the bottles down, looks at Raiden for a moment, then looks up at Astrid. "You'll have to forgive me for two things. I've never had human alcohol before, and... I'm not entirely sure what I should do at this moment."
Kyle: (I got to say Vex, your making that date sound like some awkward pre-teen movie xD I would hate to be in that room)
DM
"I don't think anyone knows anything about Goo," Angel jokes. She's almost half way through the egg-thing and carefully peels off a bit before offering it to Kyle. "Tastes like chicken's egg, but sweeter... not sure what it is. I like it, though." She wanders from the door, heading down the corridor to peer up at different signs.
Goo bounces up into Nanteu's hand. He is almost completely pink at the moment, and 'bobs' his 'head' as if peering about the room. The old woman's heavily wrinkled lids move up and she peers at Nanteu before smiling softly. She has no teeth. "Ah... hello, child. An elf... you must be one of our guests. Please, come in, come in... What can I do for you?" She hobbles to her feet, setting down the necklace she's working on.
DM: (xD! Astrid's enjoying being in the room... the poor dog, though.)
Siara: (Oh be quiet. I've never been on what you would consider a normal date, how am I supposed to know what to do?)
DM: Astrid smiles a little bit, almost surprised that he doesn't know what to do next. She picks up one of the bottles and steps closer to Siara until she's right before him. "Maybe you should take a drink and you'll figure it out from there?" She uncorks the bottle, taking a sip before offering it to him.
DM: (xD I don't blame ya for the awkwardness. Astrid is an awkward-generator.)
Siara: (No, I mean I've literally never been on a normal date before. I'm totally stuck.)
Siara: (And I'm trying to figure out whether to shut her down now or later.)
Nanteu approaches the woman, then dips her head in respectful greeting. "Hello, my name is Nanteu. You have a lovely shop," she says, and smiles warmly. "My companions and I are simply wandering the ship, what you can do for us, I do not know. May I ask, do you have any magically imbued items by any chance?"
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: (Well there is younger people at the moment but normally you just have to bite the leather and dive right in >,> But this is a rpg so, I would just gaze over anything awkward)
DM: The old woman peers at Nanteu for a long moment before shaking her head. "No, no... you should be a few shops up if you want to speak to druids or those awful arcane people... The only enchanting I do here is with my grandchildren. They love beads..." She gets a dreamy face and sighs happily.
DM: (Welllll... if anything did happen, we'd just say 'it happened' and then carry on. Off-screen stuff!)
DM: (Though, if I were giving you advice... and you were going to put her off either way, I'd say do it sooner. xD)
Nanteu: "There are druids aboard?," she inquires, though mostly to herself. "I believe we will seek them out, then. Thank you for you hospitality," she says, and dips her head again, before turning to leave the shop.
Siara 's ears twitch at the sight of the wine. He takes the glass and sniffs it slowly. "Such a strange smell... Strange, but familiar..." He takes a small sip, blinking as the taste hits his tongue, thinking over it for several seconds. "...very strange indeed. This is made from berries?"
Nanteu: (Whoops, missed the colour. oh well)
Nanteu: (and it was rushed)
DM
Astrid sits down on the edge of the bed. "I never actually thought about what went into ale... I thought it was made from bread or something... Did I get wine? Hm, I thought it tasted funny." She eyes him, especially his tail, before she reaches out and gently tugs it as if to pull Siara towards her. "So how old are you? I heard elves age differently from humans..."
* * *
Angel has wandered down the hallway somewhat and stopped at a door, gazing up at the sign. She waits until Nanteu and Rooke have left the bead shop before pointing up at the sign. "'Hunm's Staves,'" she says. "That's the druid, I guess?"
Kyle: (sorry I got people walking in and out now combined with my extra rounds, so I may be left in the dust )
DM: (It's okay... Angel will probably linger back with you.)
Siara: (Errrrgh, this is getting so awkward)
Kyle: (Round Q~Q again... it's so cold)
DM: (xD! Poor Vex... And Poor Kitt.)
Nanteu closes the door behind her again, then wanders over to Angel. "I wonder if he's an elf," she says in afterthought, then raps on the door before pressing down on the handle and stepping through.
Kyle: (Ya that's what happens when people flirt with you and you don't like them. It's AWKWARD)
Nanteu: (Huh. Never had that problem. Lol.)
Siara: (I could deal with Dalen. Astrid is... No. Absolutely not.)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 am by Kate Orchix

DM
The room you step into smells of wood and herbs, Nanteu. Rooke follows in behind, but Angel lingers outside to hang out with Kyle. The room is lined with counters and shelves, displaying all sorts of knick-knacks and potions in different colors. A counter before a door leading to a back room is set up and you can hear shuffling behind it as if someone is searching for stuff beneath it. Along with the potions, there are stands about the room where little jars of ingredients are piled, and against one wall is a collection of staves.
(Do something about it then! Another body in the ocean is no biggy, riiiiight...?)
Siara: (I'm not that bad, sheesh.)
DM: (xD You kill baby bats. You're bad enough for anything. )
Siara: (I could scare her off, but I'm not going to throw her overboard outright.)
Siara: (...in my defense, they were confused and annoying. Astrid is just annoying.)
DM: (She might be confused too! I mean... she's hitting on an elf with a tail where her culture doesn't even like elves!)
Siara slides a foot back to brace himself against falling, then sits slowly by Astrid. "You heard right. I'm turning 187 soon. We live much longer than humans, and it's for that reason that human-elf relationships are bad ideas."
Nanteu smiles faintly, closing her eyes briefly. "Reminds me of home.. My mother's shop. She didn't sell salves, she made clothes, but there was always a particular smell to the shop," she says, then opens her eyes and sighs, as if brushing off a feeling. Peering at the door behind the counter, she leans against the counter. "Excuse me?"
DM
Astrid moves her face close to his shoulder, eyes dipping to look down his chest. "I don't think they're a bad idea... You'd have plenty of life left after a partnering with a human." She lifts her eyes to his, then stops. For a moment, she just stares, then sighs. "Why have you let me get this far then, Siara? You probably knew right from the start I've been trying to get you in here for some... privacy. Why didn't you just outright say you're not interested?"
* * *
As you lean over the counter, a pair of red eyes glance up at you. There is a cough before a tanned elf pulls himself up to the counter's level and smiles a little, displaying sharp-looking teeth. He is almost bald, if not for a short, dyed-blue mohawk topping his head. His skin is tanned and swirling tattoos in a dark red color swirl across his body and face, a particularly large swirl on his cheek. "Hey," he greets. "Sorry 'bout that, I uh... I dropped things." He gives an awkward bob of his head.
Nanteu blinks at the odd looking elf, currently lost for words. He seems like such a character, even with a first glance. She manages to smile, though can't but stare at the blue of his hair and the way it has been shaped. "I, uh. Hello.. We're um.. Looking for.. something."
Siara sighs heavily. "That's the question of the hour, isn't it." He leans back, petting Raiden when he jumps up on the bed as well. "I'm not sure, really. I have a mate who's waiting for me already. Maybe a part of me just longs for someone to stay with me until we can be together again, and it shows up like... well, like this." He looks over at Astrid. "I didn't mean to hurt you on purpose."
DM: "I've got lots of somethings," he says with a wide, toothy grin. "Do you want to be more specific? I mean, I can definitely help you just like this, because there are only a limited amount of somethings, buuuuut... for your ease, you may want to be more specific!" He grins rogueishly at her before dropping his chin down onto the counter rather abruptly as if to stare along the length of the wooden counter, looking for something tiny, then gives up and pops back up to full height to grin.
DM: Astrid looks at him a long moment, then nods and stands, taking one of the bottles. "All right," she says. She moves towards the door, stops, then frowns. "If you were anyone else... might it have worked?" she asks. "Or is there something off about me? Am I too forceful? Or do I just come off as... slutty?" She waits a moment, then shrugs. "Actually, don't answer that... never mind. Bye! Enjoy your food." With that, she suddenly opens the door and is gone, not a care in the world!
Nanteu chuckles, then wipes a hand over her face embarrassedly. She liked this one. He was very odd. Grinning widely, she throws up her arms. "Alright, alright! Well, for starters, do you know what this is?," she asks, and presents Goo to him by stretching her arm over the counter, Goo's squishy body in the centre of her hand.
Siara watches her go, then makes a shooing motion towards the door to activate the magic mark and close it without having to get up. He remains still for a moment, then heaves another large sigh, flopping backwards onto the bed. "What the heeeeeeeeeell..."
DM: As Astrid exits, another woman enters... but this time with good reason. In her arms, she holds two fresh pillows and an extra blanket. She eyes Astrid as she leaves, then blows out a breath to smile at Siara. "Wise move not to take her up, sir," she says, placing the pillows on the bed and the blanket down beside the bed - it seems she's more of a housekeeper around the ship and knew there was a dog in here, so brought in that extra fur blanket. She has curly bright red hair and blue eyes, she's just a little bit dumpy, but cute. She dips her head softly to Siara, then goes for the door.
Siara props himself up on his elbows to look at her. "Better safe than sorry, right? Thanks, Miss."
DM
The elf dips his head so his eyes only peer over the top of Nanteu's hand, staring at Goo. He makes little 'hm' sounds as he changes his position, leaning more over the counter so he can peer at the Goo from different angles. Goo seems a little self-conscious and sinks slowly into Nanteu's hand so only the 'head blob' sticks out of her palm. The elf leans further over the counter, then frowns and turns his head to look at Nanteu. "You smell very nice!" He quickly gets back to examining Goo.
After more bobbing of his head, he finally reaches out to poke Goo. The funny little being disappears into Nanteu's hand and the elf jumps back, a delighted expression on his face. "Oh, wow, that's cool..." He reaches out, stroking Nanteu's palm softly until Goo peeks back up... then he catches Goo in two fingers, pulling him up and away from Nanteu. He drops Goo on the counter and stares at him. Goo seems very worried, trying to curl up in a ball as if it feels naked without Nanteu.
Kyle: Meanwhile Kyle and Tindomerel were keeping watch while Nanteu searched furiously for answer concerning the creature known as goo. After taking the proper time picking at the leftovers in his teeth Kyle would speak up- "Yup, may be the only giant egg you ever eat your life. I mean who knows could be from a alien animal from another plane." -He'd say with a light grin'- "I think Nannytwo doesn't care for me much, do I smell or is that girl just like all the other elfs?"
DM: "You do smell a bit," Angel says with a grin. "I don't think you've bathed since we first met... isn't that a funny thought?" She finishes the egg and licks her fingers to get rid of any of the remaining crumbs or pieces. "Though, I dunno... maybe she's scared of you or something? Obviously she has no problem with humans, considering Rooke... maybe it is the smell." She just smirks playfully at Kyle.
DM: (You're going to have to go looking for adventure now, Siara. xD)
Siara: (I had my bit of fun/horror. <_< )
DM: (It could have been even more horrifying! Though, redhead was right... you were very wise. xD)
Nanteu lightly blushes at the elf's comment, still very taken aback by the whole meeting, and the way he acts. She watches the druid as he examines her little friend, though she almost jumps when he makes the unexpected move of snatching Goo up from her hand, seeing as he was hiding under her skin only moments before. Hearing Kyle rather easily, without turning her head or looking behind her, she waves Kyle off with a flutter of her hand. "Maybe you're just not my type," she says light heartedly, still staring at Goo as she brings her hands to rest at the edge of the counter. "No fear, Goo, you'll be warm again soon," she says to it, then glances up at the druid. "He's attracted to heat. My friend believes he's some kind of energy amplifier."
DM
The elf tilts his head a few more times before putting up a finger as if to indicate they should wait. He rushes off out the back and returns with a steaming mug. He places it on the counter and Goo instantly goes for it, trying to meld in with the ceramic, but he can't seem to. The elf nods slowly, then reaches beneath the counter and pulls on some black gloves. He then picks up Goo and bounces him from hand-to-hand - you hear a slight meep! sound from Goo and the elf quickly stops, looking at Goo once more. He smiles, then puts Goo on the counter again. He puts his hand out to Goo and eventually, Goo slides onto his hand and melds through.
The elf looks surprised and a little exhilarated. "Ooh, adrenaline rush... nice. He must affect the nervous system, whatever he is..." He reaches out, taking Nanteu's hand and pressing their palms together. Goo quickly shot out from the elf's hand and back into Nanteu's. The elf just smiles stupidly for a moment, then quickly releases Nanteu's hand. "Well! Interesting little thing you have there. Sentient, it thinks, it gets uncomfortable, it reacts to outside stimuli... Energy amplifier... yes, I believe so. In a respect... but in other respects..." He muses for a moment, tapping a finger on the counter.
"Do you feel more intelligent when he's lurking in your system?" he suggests. "Stronger? Faster? Drunk? Anything apart from energized?"
Kyle: (Kate FB)
DM: ((mkay))
DM: (Siara, you gonna do anything?)
Nanteu stares at the elf, unblinkingly, as their palms connect. When Goo returns to her body again, she takes a step back as the familiar rush of adrenaline shoots through her. She eyes her hand for a moment, then strokes the centre of her palm with the tip of her thumb. She gazes at the elf, still rubbing the inner part of her hand. "Faster, I suppose. Maybe a little tipsy."
Kyle: (I bet he's roleplaying, and laying down 'pretending' to get into character)
Siara: (...what?)
Siara: (I wasn't planning on doing anything else tonight, I can find Dalen and stick with her tomorrow night)
Siara: (Someone want to explain what Kitt meant? <_< )
DM
The elf is quiet for a long moment, then smirks and drums his fingers on the counter for a moment. "I'm not even going to bother asking where you got it from, 'cause it truly is something new to alchemy, I can tell you that... I don't know of any living creature that can meld into someone's system effectively." He goes off into silence once more, then shrugs. "Give it back and I'll try some things."
He reaches out, rubbing Nanteu's palm and snatching Goo back out once he appears. He drops him straight into the mug of steaming fluid and pulls on the gloves, peering as Goo shifts about beneath the surface of the tea. The elf leans on the counter, waiting and waiting until he gets bored and spills the tea out all over the counter with a swipe of his hand at the mug. Goo rolls out in a bright red ball, then starts slithering across the counter, heading for Nanteu. The elf stops him with the gloves and reaches under the counter, taking out a dagger. He slams it down onto Goo... but the blade simply slides off. Not because Goo is solid, just... unbreakable.
"Ooh, very nice... indestructible, seems to get stronger in color when warmer... hmmmm." He takes another few moments, then suddenly picks up Goo and takes him out the back. "Give me two minutes!"
There is silence for a long time, then after a few moments, the elf comes back, Goo in his gloves. He looks rather perturbed. "This... creature gives knowledge of things. I... I have this potion I've been working on and I didn't know the last two ingredients or how to mix them in... now I know, just by thinking about it when he was in my system. How strange... I'd hold onto this if I were you, unless you're willing to sell it!"
Kyle: (That was a bad net dc.)
DM: (He meant you might have fallen asleep. xD)
Siara: (Nope, I'm here and very much awake, just looking for things to keep me interested so I don't start nodding off.)
DM: (Could always wander after us or go exploring on your own, or even find Dalen)
Siara: (Like I said, I was gonna do that tomorrow night / tonight)
Kyle: (Who's to say she hasn't been wooed!?)
Siara: (You're forgetting that Siara's taken. He likes Dalen, enjoys spending time with her, respects her, but isn't going to woo her.)
Nanteu didn't realise just how extensive Goo's abilities were, especially his knowledge-granting ones - they had been completely hidden until now. And if he himself was a alchemical marvel, and extensive knowledge could be gained from studying him. But studying would mean pulling apart, testing, exerimementing. She wasn't sure if he could feel pain - he didn't have a nervous system, or from what she could tell, anything similar. They would get a lot of gold from him.. But.. No, she could never sell him. "Oh, no," she says, giving her head a shake. "I couldn't sell him. I'm afraid I've grown much too fond of him. Sorry. I can see how interested you are in him."
DM: (Relationships cross-planes-of-existence get pretty complicated...)
Kyle shrugs after giving himself a sniff.- "I guess that is possible..I wonder.." -Then Kyle walks all the way back to the bead shop without saying a word to Angel, but instead reaches out of his pocket and pulls free the golden horn and places on the counter- "'Ello again miss.. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind drilling a hole in this and making a necklace out of it? Maybe add some feathers or teeth to it."
Siara: (And you forget that his mate is always by his side.)
Siara: ( )
Siara: (I think Imma go get some food. That'll help me stay focused.)
DM
Angel isn't sure why Kyle went back into the bead shop, so stays at the doorway of the druid's shop and peers in, watching. The elf druid smiles a little and gently presses Goo back into Nanteu's hand. "I could understand that... very interesting creature. Would be interesting to see what makes him tick, but... why is it a him?" He laughs, then shakes his head and goes into the back room. He returns with a cloth and starts wiping the tea off the bench.
"I'd suggest letting 'im do what he does... but hey, you, big guy? You staying with her? Good. Keep an eye on her progress with the little guy - she may not notice a change in personality, but you will!" He smiles back to Nanteu, having addressed Rooke. "Maybe some day you can let me know what other things it can do... I mean, I didn't try killing myself. That usually has interesting results with experimental rubbish, but there's no way of being too sure... so don't try that. It's apparently really bad for your health."
DM: The elderly woman takes the golden horn, gazing upon it with awe. She smiles toothlessly and nods at Kyle. "I have some pretty feathers and some impressive teeth... is this for a man or a woman?" she asks, starting to reach under the counter for something. "And... is it for a human-sized being?"
DM: There is scratching at Siara's door before Hindi pushes her way in. She grunts at Raiden and climbs up onto Siara's bed before stretching out and trying to take up the whole bed, nudging Siara aside if she must. Obviously whatever Dalen's doing has bored her and she just went for the next familiar scent that she could find to find a safe place to sleep. She sighs heavily before closing her eyes and starting to snooze.
Siara: (Well-played...)
DM: (Murrhurrhurr!)
DM: (Ya gonna risk pushing a tiger off a bed?)
Siara: (Contrary to popular belief, I'm not suicidal.)
DM: (Good, good...)
Siara scoots over as Hindi jumps up on the bed and curls up to rest, leaning against Raiden. "Nice to see you too. When you're done there, could you show me where Dalen is?"
DM: Hindi grunts, and that is all. Her belly seems to be swelling, so obviously she's overeaten a bit...
Siara blinks. "...that was a strange noise." He looks over at her, spotting her belly slightly distended. "Ah. The food's that good, is it? You're welcome to stay here until it settles."
Kyle: Buffing out his chest a bit looking at her wear toward the back of the room he answer absentmindedly- "Yes, for man.. And it's for me, so yes human-sized.." -He thought that was a odd pair of questions.
Nanteu Change in personality? Staring quizzically, Nanteu tilts her head at the elf curiously, wondering what he means exactly. She decides it would be better not to ask - and he has already done so much. Meeting the druid's gaze, she smiles again, fingers curled over her palm now that Goo has returned to her. She bows, as per usual, before calmly striding to the door. "Thank you for the information, you've helped me greatly," she says, and dips her head respectfully once again. "I do hope we will meet again, someday," she adds, and slips through the doorway.
DM
The woman nods and gets to work, using a small toolkit to smooth the rough end of the horn where it broke, and to drill a small hole in it. She is fast and efficient in her work, and she soon has a collection of teeth and feathers laying on her counter, mixing and matching them, deciding which would look best.
Angel nods, seeing that they're done in the druid's shop, and heads back into the bead shop, not really checking what the woman is doing. She sneaks up behind Kyle like he did before, then smacks her hands on either side of his waist. "Boo!"
The druid smiles and gives Nanteu a small wave in goodbye. Rooke follows her out.
DM: (Awareness Siara and Raiden!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (Yikes)
DM: (xD Raiden has a bonus on this type of awareness, so... he gets full brunt.)
DM: Raiden might smell a sickly scent seep throughout the room. Due to his increased hearing as a dog and his more sensitive nose, he would know exactly where that smell was coming from... and Hindi was impolite enough to crash in, take the bed, and pass wind everywhere. (Now do Sense Motive on the DM)
Siara: (You're horrible.)
DM: (Heee!)
Nanteu: (Ewww.)
Kyle: "Woah.. Hey there.. that's one way to get my attention, though I thought you would be the kind to atleast buy me dinner first before slapping my rear." -Simply moving backward and turning his head- "So where's the other two, got tired of waiting on them?"
Kyle: (It always comes back to fart jokes : )
Siara suddenly sits up as Raiden whines and starts pawing at his nose. "Raiden? What's-" He breaks off as the smell hits his nose. "...ah. Good food is also bad food, I see." He reaches back and pulls a small green sphere containing a tiny bit of his life essence from the base of neck, breaking it to release a white wood-scented mist to counteract the worst of the smell. "You should be more careful about what you eat, Hindi."
DM
Angel smirks. "That wasn't your rear. I'm not going to show you where it is, either..." She glances over her shoulder. "Eh, they're in the hallway. I think they're done talking with the druid." She turns her head and looks at Kyle. "Maybe I should buy you dinner some time. Either that, or a baths ticket..." She sniffs him then wrinkles her nose and takes a step back.
* * *
Hindi groans and sits up, giving Siara a death glare as he keeps talking and disturbing her sleep. She sits on the bed for a bit, then starts giving massive sneezes. After she's stopped, she stands and stretches, deciding that this is no longer a peaceful place to sleep. She grunts and hops off the bed, making her way out the door.
Nanteu turns to Rooke. "Would you like to continue sightseeing? I've done all I need to."
DM: Rooke softly shrugs. "I don't know... I'm following you around. Remember? You're protecting me from the girls, I'm protecting you from the guys..." He glances back at the druid shop and smirks. "And I don't think I did a good enough job in there. You two sparking off each other like lovesick puppies... heh heh," he teases her.
Nanteu "He's an interesting character, what can I say? There aren't many like him, and that's why I love travelling. You meet a lot of intriguing people.. You know.. I don't really think I've met anyone like you before either, Rooke," she says, then playfully shoves him with her elbow before moving back up the hall, towards the jewellery shop
Siara watches her go, then closes the door again. "And she's allergic to my essence." He shrugs, pulling the extra blanket up for Raiden and arranging them near the pillows before lying down next to Raiden. "If Hindi was bored by whatever Dalen was doing, it probably wouldn't be anymore interesting for us, hm? We'll track her down later."
DM: (I even used a tiger fart to try and get you out that door! xD!!)
Siara: (Dunno what to tell you, I'm in that "do nothing" mood again.)
Siara: (Also falling asleep.)
DM
Rooke smiles a bit and follows along after her. "Yeah... reformed bandit, you don't get many of those anymore since people kinda killed other people who didn't like what the first people were doing..." He wanders into the jewellery shop and takes a glance around before noticing what the elderly woman is working on. "Huh, there's Angel's broken horn," he murmurs.
The elderly woman seems to have completed it. "Young man, here you go," she says, offering him the necklace with the horn on it. "It has a good, strong cord, teeth from all sorts of creatures, and feathers from seabirds... I even found a dragon scale for you in there somewhere."
Angel glances over and smiles a little. "Turned out looking good, Kyle... now everyone's going to look at you and me and know you were the one who snapped it off. They'll think you're my abusive friend or something... try to rescue me. Or help you rip off the other one..."
Nanteu looks at the necklace, then leans against the doorframe, waiting. "Maybe you should have just hung it on a wall."
Kyle: (Seems like a good spot to end, though I was wonder if you were going to be up for some co-op Magicika)
DM: (Aw, yeah... I guess it does. xD)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 26 (6th January 2013)

LEVEL UP TO LEVEL 4.

Kate
Siara watches her go, then closes the door again. "And she's allergic to my essence." He shrugs, pulling the extra blanket up for Raiden and arranging them near the pillows before lying down next to Raiden. "If Hindi was bored by whatever Dalen was doing, it probably wouldn't be anymore interesting for us, hm? We'll track her down later."
DM: (I even used a tiger fart to try and get you out that door! xD!!)
Siara: (Dunno what to tell you, I'm in that "do nothing" mood again.)
Siara: (Also falling asleep.)
DM
Rooke smiles a bit and follows along after her. "Yeah... reformed bandit, you don't get many of those anymore since people kinda killed other people who didn't like what the first people were doing..." He wanders into the jewellery shop and takes a glance around before noticing what the elderly woman is working on. "Huh, there's Angel's broken horn," he murmurs.
The elderly woman seems to have completed it. "Young man, here you go," she says, offering him the necklace with the horn on it. "It has a good, strong cord, teeth from all sorts of creatures, and feathers from seabirds... I even found a dragon scale for you in there somewhere."
Angel glances over and smiles a little. "Turned out looking good, Kyle... now everyone's going to look at you and me and know you were the one who snapped it off. They'll think you're my abusive friend or something... try to rescue me. Or help you rip off the other one..."
Nanteu looks at the necklace, then leans against the doorframe, waiting. "Maybe you should have just hung it on a wall."
Kate: (If you like, we can just finish off this section and then skip to morning after everyone has rested.)
Ikitt: (Sorry told ya, till we get the wands stuck I'll be hopping in and out every 30 mins ROUND)
Kate: (Unless there's something else anyone needs to do/buy/go-looking-for? That's okay, Kitt.)
Siara: I'll be ready in a moment, that lag
Kate: (You still around, Shea?)
Nanteu: (Yeah)
Nanteu: (Good to go, when you guys are ready)
Kate: (Me too.)
Kate: ( http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/3... )
Ikitt: (Seems Siara is no longer connected )
Kate: (Mm...)
Kate: (Well, we can get started. Siara's just being all sleepy at the moment.)
Nanteu: (Kk)
Kate: (I'm waiting on one of you. xD)
Nanteu: (Kyle!)
Ikitt: "I could have hung it on a wall, but I'm missing a home right now.. And plus there's nothing wrong just carrying it around like this. Didn't think I would see the day you two teamed up against me." - Kyle thanks the women as best he can before leaving hoping she wouldn't seek any form of payment, and head back to the rooms for rest!
Kate: "Hoi, hoi... young man!" the elderly lady calls, shuffling around the counter in the hopes of catching him before he reaches the door. "There's a cost for that... 30 gold."
Ikitt: (there ya go, but seriously not going to posting as well as last night, my mind is starting to rot with theses 12 hour shifts)
Kate: (It's fine. I'm not feeling the best right now either, so we can all rot together... I think Shea's the only one with nothing to rot about. xD)
Nanteu: (Yeah, I'm pretty solid. No excuses '>>)
Kate: (good xD You are now DM. LEAD US! Jk, jk... xD)
Siara joined the chat
Siara: (I can has router reset)
Ikitt: (Ya know you wouldn't even noticed if I didn't post about it Kate)
Kate: (Nope, probably wouldn't have.. xD)
Nanteu shrugs. "Fair enough."
Nanteu: (There, I've done my part)
Kate: (She has an excuse. She's an old woman with many, many grandchildren and greatgrandchildren!)
Kate: Rooke nudges Nanteu's arm. "One problem... we don't have any gold, remember? Kyle's going to have to come up with a different payment."
Ikitt: "Oh well I thought this was for all guest, in that case take back your trinkets and scales and I'll just keep the horn.. I don't got any gold coins." -He says ripping out the horn, and laying the remains back on the table, before stomping out. He doesn't even want to deal with it right now.
Ikitt: (lol nope, don't care anymore.. will deal with just a horn)
Kate: The elderly woman looks aghast, looking at all the trinkets on her table. Angel makes a bit of a face and follows Kyle out. Rooke glances at Nanteu, shrugs, then takes her arm and steps after the other two. "Come on... everyone's tired. We need rest."
Kate: (So, do we wanna timeskip now?)
Nanteu "Oh, rig- Kyle?," she says quickly, then jumps out of the way as he rushes past. "You know I was just joking, right? I didn't mean anything.. By it.." she mumbles, and glances at Rooke. "Yeah.. Good idea."
Nanteu: (Yup)
Ikitt: (ROUND again)
Kate: (You okay for a timeskip to the morning, Vex?)
Siara: (Go for it)
Kate
After picking your own rooms (or in Siara's case, having already picked one) and laying down to rest, the slight swaying of the ship eventually sends you all off into a mostly restful slumber (or meditation). The hours pass, and finally, around mid-morning, you all awake. Nanteu, you would feel fairly refreshed and happy... until you discover your rapier is missing. Kyle, after waking you discover that the horn Angel gave you has gone, and Siara, you find when you lapse from meditation that your staff is gone, the stone with it.
Each room is fairly similar: One desk, one chair, a chest at the end of the bed, a lock on the door and key, rug, and the large bed that takes up most of the space.
Kate changed name to DM
Siara: (...what the hell.)
Siara: (It's Astrid, isn't it.)
Ikitt: (was anyones door even locked?)
Siara: (Not locked, no)
DM: (Up to you guys.)
DM: (It won't make a difference. xD)
DM: (Though, if you did lock it, you should totally make sure you still have the key and the door is still locked.)
Nanteu had permitted herself to sleep in for once, and though it had given her some much need rest, it had cost her. Having searched her belongings to find everything but her trusty rapier still in her room, she jogged out into the hall, knocking on each of her companions doors, shooting angry glances about the hall. "Get up! Check your equipment, all of you."
Nanteu: needed*)
Siara slowly touches down, breaking the meditation and slowly opening his eyes with a stretch. "Mmmm... What?" He slides his feet over the floor, feeling for his staff, surprised to find that it's not there. "...Astrid."
DM: Nanteu, as you clamber out into the hall, you step on some fruits and vegetables that seem to have been dropped, along with a broken plate and a bottle of wine - the wine has soaked into a rug.
Ikitt: (I'm checking under the bed first)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Ikitt: )18 I think(
DM: Kyle, under your bed is a folded spare blanket and a piddle pot.
Ikitt digs lazily underneath his bed and backpack before scratching his head and muttering some curses- "Guess that old fart really wanted that horn.. hmm"
DM: Nanteu, you may feel a little less... energized, almost as if you haven't quite woken up, despite having leaped out into the hall and started trying to wake everyone up. You also find Rooke's door is ajar.
Nanteu: (Don't tell me Goo has been kidnapped!)
DM: (Hurr hurr!)
Nanteu: (That elf!)
Siara: (How does one kidnap something that's existing as a part of you?)
Ikitt: "I'm going back to sleep, deal with this in the morning.."
Nanteu: (Well you'd have to draw him out with heat, and aside from the group, the druid's the only one here that knows that.)
Nanteu pulls her leg up to look at the bottom of her shoe, then looks at the scattered remains of the fruit and veg. Catching sight of the crack in Rooke's door, she inches closer, then knocks lighter than before, before peeking her head in. "Rooke?"
Ikitt: "Fine fine! What is now Nannytwo? Ya lost your fancy toothpick or favorite leaf?" -Kyle would say slowly putting pants back on, one leg at a time before finally opening his door to see what was going on.
DM: Rooke's room has been trashed. The desk is snapped in half, the chair lying on its side, and the chest looks like it's been sat on too hard. The bed looks like the sheets were drawn back as if someone were going to get in and go to sleep but then changed their mind. Rooke and his belongings are nowhere to be seen.
DM: You're surprised you didn't hear whatever struggle was in here.
Nanteu looks paniced at the sight, then steps in further, quickly surveying the scene. Deciding it's not worth the time, since he could have been taken anywhere and all his posessions are gone anyway, she turns away and steps back out into the hall to face kyle. "Rooke.. Rooke's missing. There was a struggle - he and all his things are gone.. Kyle, where's Tindomerel?"
Ikitt: "No clue, I would guess a sleep.. Rise and shine.. Tindo! Angel?" (I'm going go knock on her door)
Ikitt: (QUICK, what is in her room)
Ikitt: (Dang not fast enough ROUND)
DM
You knock on the door and there is a sleepy, content mumble. You hear barefeet start padding towards the door, an 'oh' sound as if Angel realizes she's not presentable, then a mumble of 'just a minute'. Next thing, you hear some hurried dressing before Angel opens the door, wearing her purple dress and looking at Kyle curiously. "What? We have somewhere we have to go?"
As soon as she speaks, you are hit with a sense of doom - not natural. You glance at her neck and see she is no longer wearing the necklace with the black stone. Angel lifts her hand, touching at the base of her neck before her eyes widen. "Where's the amulet...?"
DM: (Siara, what are you gonna do?)
Siara 's room door blasts open and he storms out, his eyes glowing, but sans halo. "Where is she!? Where is that girl!?"
DM: (You can't be lagging this bad...)
DM: (Oh, I was lagging. xD)
DM: (Will saves from anyone near Angel.)
Siara: (I'm not sure if I'm near her)
DM: (Well, hallway with doors... if you're in the hallway, near enough to see her, I'd say you would have to do the roll)
DM: (We'll make the radius around her 20 feet.)
Nanteu: (So Nan too?)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Yep)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: (Siara's a pass)
DM: (And Raiden)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu: (.....)
DM: (Now add your will modifier)
DM: (So, look at your CS. It's in the section above all the weapons and armor gibberish)
Nanteu: (12 total)
DM: (Pass too. )
DM: (Kyle's going to have to do a roll when Kitt gets back.)
Nanteu: (Woo)
DM: Angel stares at Kyle, then Siara, before brushing out into the hallway. "What girl...? Why's there food all-... were we robbed? 'Cause I was, my amulet's gone, which means everyone's going to be freaking out at me..." She groans in exasperation before going back into the room and starting to pull her armor on. She mumbles as she does so, going on about how things have always got to get complicated and her heritage always has to come into everything and ruin it for her. She gets her things together and shoulders her small backpack.
Nanteu "Siara, Rooke's missing too," she says fearfully, then holds a hand to her chest, noticing the absence of a certain thing. She pauses for a moment, thinking, then looks up, surprised. "Darn it. Goo is gone as well. How did they.. Oh. Elf.." she grumbles, then looks to Siara again, finallay noticing the outburst. "Uh.. how are you.. feeling? You too, Angel?," she says, lightly louder, to get past the door to her room.
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Pass!)
Ikitt: (15 I think not sure for the will save)
DM: (Gather Info roll, you lot.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: (7.. total.. )
DM: (*facepalm* And you two would have been the most lore-friendly... xD)
Ikitt: Holding up his arms he nods and tries to lower his voice- "Alright calm down people.. I know this is a bit of a shock for all of you, but calm down. Seriously, we're on a boat it's not like there is anywhere the robber could have gone to, or took Rook. How about we get dressed and go talk to the captain, I'm sure he'll help us and points us in the right direction."
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Ikitt: (Yush beat all of you on raw dice!)
DM: (... I'm gonna roll Angel)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (... bother)
Ikitt: (hacks, you beat me in a die roll)
DM: (Well, anyone wanna look at anything before anyone takes Kyle's suggestion...? Look at anything in particular...?)
Ikitt: "So Siara, Nanteu why don't you two use your bags of magic tricks and try to find something, anything.. foot prints, ect.. I'm going check Angel's room for clues too."
Ikitt: (Off to Tindo rooms and searching for clues! Told all of you we're like Scooby Doo, and talking about that use your dogs scent power!)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM: (xD!)
Siara glances over at Kyle. "I don't have anything that can really help yet... But maybe Raiden..."
Ikitt: (a mighty 20 with my +1 SO amazing I know)
DM: Kyle, as you examine Angel's room, you feel as if nothing is really changed. Angel wanders in behind you and leans against the wall, staring at the floor as she's lost in thought. You almost decide that there's nothing to find when you see a smudge on the floor - sure, it just looks like the pattern of the wood, but if you were to examine it closer, you would see it is a dried leaf, crumpled and old, a few smecks of dirt surrounding it. If you were to sniff at it, it would smell slightly like feet.
Nanteu sighs deeply to calm herself, then passes a hand over her forehead, making her way back into Rooke's room to look for any evidence.
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (Plus your Search or Awareness)
Nanteu: (12 total..)
DM
Nanteu, you move into Rooke's room and gaze about at the damage done. Snooping around, you find that the dent in the chest's lid could easily be made from Rooke being smacked down on it and putting his butt through the wood. Examining the desk, you decide it looks like Rooke was unarmed when whatever happened here took place - there are no scrapes of weapons anywhere, and you see several small grooves in the wood where Rooke's nails must have dug into the wood as he was trying to pull himself back up. After checking under the bed, you find Rooke's boots neatly lined up together - whatever he was doing, he must have been wandering around barefoot.
Back at the door, you see the wine spill smears from the hallway and just inside Rooke's bedroom door in a slight shape of a heel. He stood in the wine shortly after it was dropped.
Ikitt: "Ah-ha!" A echo call could be heard from Kyle followed by a sudden ouch as he bangs his head- "Ouch.. Well I found something at least, maybe enough for the pup to catch the sense of our intruder, and thank you for not raising a huge fuss about searching ya room, I already checked mine and we all know four eyes is better then two."
DM: "There isn't anything discriminating against me in here," Angel says. "Back home, however..." She just smiles, but the humor seems forced. She is genuinely worried about the amulet being missing, especially with what affect it may have on people around her.
Ikitt: (Man I hate this, I have to trade wands every 30 mins, and do a round.. bleh >,> )
DM: (I know. It stinks... make the sick guy do it!)
Nanteu moves about the room, hands hovering to touch the broken pieces of furniture. When she moves to the door, she crouches down to wipe the tips of her fingers over the stain on the hallway floor, then glances over to the smashed bottle of wine and crushed vegetables and fruit not far from it. "Must have gotten up for a midnight snack. Maybe he caught the thief.. Either that or he was.. entertaining someone.. "
DM: You realize the majority of the spilled food is outside your door, spread between there and his door.
DM: (Vex?)
Nanteu "Or wanting to entertain someone," she adds, then stands again, smiling faintly. "Right.."
Siara looks down at Raiden, nodding towards Rooke's room. (Scent check)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Ikitt: (round sooner then normal, and grabbing a bite)
Siara: (14)
DM: Raiden would be able to pick up Rooke's scent, the wine on his feet, and a more... earthy scent of a stranger.
DM: The scent of both Rooke and the stranger would lead out the door and up the hall, towards the dining hall.
Nanteu joined the chat 13 seconds ago
Ikitt: (LETS FOLLOW HIS NOSE!)
Ikitt: (a bird once told me that)
DM: (xD Waiting on you guys!)
Ikitt: (I think Vex isn't in the mood to rp ._. )
DM: ( =( )
Siara watches Raiden walk into Rooke's room and waits patiently. He stands up straighter as Raiden creeps back out when his nose to the floor. "Looks like we have a trail." He follows Raiden through the hallway towards the dining space, the halo starting to swirl around him furiously.
Siara: (Mind is foggy, sorry)
Ikitt: (=(o) <- Fire Flower
Ikitt: (ROUND >,< )
Nanteu returns to her room quickly to collect her things, then shoulders her pack as she walks back out into the hall to follow Raiden and Siara.
Ikitt follows the group also points out his findings to the dog!
DM
Raiden would be led up to the dining hall, in several circles around the tables, then to the door leading out onto the deck. The dining hall is currently fairly empty, most people having already eaten breakfast, though a few stragglers are eating eggs and meat. Siara, you might see Astrid setting down plates of food for some of the men at the tables - she pays you no heed. With Kyle presenting the dirty old leaf to Raiden, the dog may become a little more confident in knowing the stranger's scent, having recognized the scent while outside on the decks.
The group would find themselves on the deck of the massive ship at the railing... and looking across to the island. It isn't that far away, a short rowboat ride away - below the railing, you see the small rowboats secured and ready to be lowered at a moment's notice.
"Hey," a voice comes from behind the group. Herne wanders over, untangling a large net as he does so. "You lot looking for your friend? He just up and took one of the boats out just an hour before dawn. I didn't see him come through, only saw him finish freeing the rowboat from the ropes, then rowed off to the island. I suppose he just needed his feet back on solid ground... some people are like that. You're free to another boat if you want to go after him."
Angel has fallen behind, having been busy grabbing food from the dining hall. She comes back, her arms around a large basket with a lid and eyes the others. "I thought maybe we'd miss out on breakfast again if we go off to do crazy stuff..."
Siara: (HOLY CRAP)
DM: (Hm? xD)
DM: (brb)
Nanteu looks out at the island, glancing confusedly around the boat. She shoots a look at Herne, but doesn't speak to him in particular, simply stating her thoughts, and calmly venting. She lets out another sigh, then shakes her head. "That doesn't make any sense. Why would he just leave?"
Siara: (You and your walls of text)
DM: (back... sorry. xD)
DM: (It's up to you until Kitt gets back, Vex and Shea!)
Siara looks down, the glow in his eyes fading slightly. "Which friend was it though... Male or female?"
Ikitt: Kyle begins tossing over ropes and preparing to lower the boat as he talks- "Well thanks for that Herne, I'll try to get get your boat back to you in one piece. We believe out friend may be ill or after someone; last night out lot was buggered. Now come on guys let's be quick before that old goat gets eaten alive."
Nanteu cranes her head. "What female friend?"
Nanteu: (Eh.. head - neck*)
DM: Herne helps out with the boat, motioning that the others should climb into the boat so he could lower them down. Angel puts the basket in and climbs over the railing, settling in down in the boat and looking over the edges cautiously. Herne gives her an odd look, sensing the 'aura', but makes no mention of it, continuing to handle the ropes.
Siara looks at Nanteu. "We each have our suspicions about who did this." He then looks over to Herne. "Was it a human male, a human female, or an elf male?"
DM: Herne frowns. "The big guy, human. He's got a rather distinct sort of shape to him... mind, I only saw his back when he was rowing off. Seemed a tad clumsy, if you ask me, but... well, he probably never tried rowing before in his life." He finishes prepping the boat, going to lower it once everyone's inside.
Nanteu hops into the boat, eager to get off the ship and to the island.
Ikitt: (I'm going start rowing like a beast!)
Nanteu: (xD)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Ikitt frustratingly enough can only row one at a time, ending in a never ending cycle of going right, in circles!
Siara joined the chat
DM: (xD!)
DM: Angel attempts to help out by using the other oar...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Nanteu: (Aww.)
DM: (So, timeskip to the island? Eat breakfast on the way? xD)
Nanteu: (Guess so xD)
Ikitt: "Alright you guys caught me.. I'v never been in a boat! Well that's a lie, I've never rowed a boat.."
DM: (Ready?)
Nanteu: (Dinner, do the skip but don't go too far, if that's okay? I'll be back in a bit, sorry)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Okay)
DM
Progress to the island is slow at first, nobody being too great with boats, but somehow through trial and error, you all end up half way between the ship and the island, so you must be doing something right. The island rises up above the water, it's single peak looking somewhat foreboding against the sky. The grey, stony beaches stretch out, ringing the island before the environment gives way to forest and jungle, progressing into softly curving hills that lead up to the solitary peak, a peak made from black rock. About twenty more minutes of blundering, and you finally reach shore.
"There's the other boat," Angel notes, pointing a way down the beach to a more sandy area.
Ikitt: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/4...
DM: ('twas a tiny one this time!)
Ikitt: Hopping out of the boat and quickly dragging it all the way to the coast line till it was out of the tides grip was Kyle's first move, the second was rushing over toward the second boat- "Come on, let's not lose his tracks.. I'm sure the sand will make it easy to follow!"
Ikitt: (GUessing we should wait, Shea seems to really want to follow this quest)
DM: Angel finishes eating up her bit of breakfast and jumps from the boat, shouldering her pack and running after Kyle. She trips over a few rocks before reaching the boat and peering inside, just to check that none of their missing belongings are inside. Obviously finding nothing, she starts helping Kyle look at the tracks. They are one person's tracks, and a long groove through the sand behind them indicates they were dragging something fairly heavy.
DM: (Sit down and finish breakfast then! xD)
Ikitt: http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/ima...
DM: (That is such a tiny bat...)
DM
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2n2_z5CuGI )
DM: (Vex, are you still here? And how are you doing for posting?)
Siara: (I'm sorta here, sorta dying from lack of sleep)
Ikitt: (How does one die from lack of sleep when they don't have a 3rd shift job?)
DM: (And when they haven't died all the other times? xD)
Siara: (36 hours awake and counting)
DM: (Why do you do that?)
Ikitt: (ROUND MOTHER FUCKERS)
Siara: (Because I'm a masochist, duh)
Ikitt: (SOrry that was uncalled for)
DM: (... O.O)
Siara: (I'm trying to finish this stupid song before school starts because then I'm REALLY not going to have time)
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM: (Hey, we waited for ya.)
Nanteu: (Thanks ^^)
Nanteu jumps out of the boat behind Angel, chewing down the last few bits of food as she strides over to the tracks. She starts to eagerly follow them, her eyes on the trail as well as the surrounding area.
DM: (You ready, Vex?)
Siara: (I can fake it)
DM: (Sounds really cheerful.)
DM: (Awareness checks, guys)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu: (I am going to KILL THIS DIE)
Siara: (Sia 19, Rai 23)
DM: (What's your total anyways, Shea?)
Nanteu: (With what?)
Nanteu: ('>>)
DM: (Awareness)
DM: (Spot/Listen)
Nanteu: (Eh, with listen it ends up being 14)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Ikitt: (21)
DM
You all see that the tracks go off into the jungle - obviously once ashore, Rooke or whoever else never made any pretence of trying to hide their progress. Branches are snapped, the ground stirred up with the steps, and you can plainly see that the person walking was barefoot - smaller feet than Rooke's. Raiden would recognize those to hold the stranger's scent.
Raiden and Kyle might notice that the island is surprisingly quiet. You can hear no birdcalls, no animals, nothing, only the sounds of the waves brushing onto the shore. The few seabirds that you do see, you notice they fly low to the ground as if afraid of something - they stay far away from the party, knowing to fear people, which is strange considering the island appears to be abandoned.
Siara looks around curiously. "Not one for stealth, is he."
Raiden joined the chat
Nanteu pulls the buckler from over her shoulder then attaches it to her right arm while she walks, then keeps it close to her chest, for comfort, more than anything. "I'm liking this less and less."
Raiden snuffles around the footprints, wagging his tail as he recognizes the same scent on them from the ship. He looks up into the brush and undergrowth, his ears raised to try to get a lock on the person, then looks back at Siara, pawing at his ears.
DM: Raiden may be able to acknowledge that the prints are about three hours old.
Ikitt: "Well this seems ominous.. Better stay on guard, I heard the spiders on tropical island can be huge.." -Then taking his bow and hatchet hacking away at the tree limbs and whatever was in his way- "Rooke! Where are ya?!"
Siara watches Raiden carefully for hints. "A sound?" He closes his eyes to focus on listening, remaining still until the clue registers. "...there's no sound." He whirls around and swats at Kyle, purposely whiffing the top of his head. "Keep it down, you fool! Haven't you noticed? It's too quiet here... Someone or something might be waiting for us."
Ikitt
(Shea what the hell is this thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwJhj4pu68 )
DM: (Save some internet for a soundtrack I wanna share when we reach the place we're going!)
Siara: (You've never heard of it?)
Ikitt: (I'll lead the charge guys! Kyle's going to take point and quiet down a bit.)
Siara: (Pfft, I thought you didn't want to lead this one )
DM
No response is forthcoming, but as the party makes their way through the forest, following the track uphill, they would notice there are a couple of times where they have to rely on the footprints alone - whoever it was lifted Rooke several times to carry him over roots and rough patches of ground. The ground is coiled with roots the further you go and soon it becomes difficult to find the footprints anymore - Raiden's nose is soon their sole way of finding Rooke.
Soon, you can hear the sounds of running water up ahead, like the crashing of many waterfalls - and you all find yourself at the rim of a small valley hewn from rock. Natural arches and bridges crisscross below the rim of the valley, some leading downwards in a gradual slope, others leading out to nowhere before they have crumbled and fallen to the valley floor... which cannot be seen. A thick mist swirls below.
"I don't like this," Angel says, looking down.
Ikitt: (Oh ya, well I'm walking in 2nd place then!)
Nanteu: (Oh shit, that's a funnel web. Don't go near, don't go near xD Bad as brown snakes and red backs.)
Nanteu: (We have bucketloads of venonous animals here, you guys are lucky.. Well, you all have different kinds of animals that are dangerous.)
Siara: (I can follow Raiden with Trackless Step and everyone else can follow)
DM: (Sounds good)
Siara: (Up to you, I'm perking up a bit so I can take the lead again)
DM: (Not up to me. I want you guys to be independent of me!)
Siara: (I was asking Kitt)
Ikitt: Kyle stops and looks down into the swirling mist while rubbing his chin- "Well if I was back home I would say that looks like a Fog Drakes lair.. but were not in the swamp lands anymore... Thoughts?"
Siara: (Oh, before I forget, did you actually level everyone up?)
Nanteu leans over the slightest bit, squinting, as if trying to see through the mist. She pulls back, agrivated. "I have no idea. Nothing is making sense to me."
DM: (Oh, yup, I did. Just to level 4. Give yourself +1 addition to a stat of your choice, then link me your new CS.)
Ikitt steps to the side and holds his arm out- "All you Siara.."
Ikitt: (So it's kinda like a large pit?)
Siara: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
DM: Angel steps out onto the nearest stone arch that slopes downwards, moving carefully along. There's enough room for two people to walk on the 'bridge' side-by-side, but Angel looks nervous with the great height anyhow. She stops, waiting for the others, but keeps staring downwards. It is a large pit 'valley', with stone arches and bridges that interconnect and move gradually downwards as a sloping sort of 'stairway' without stairs. The ground is mossy and rocky, a few shrubs and ferns grow in the creases of the rock, and below, you can see the pathways widen enough so that trees might grow and cling off the rock faces.
DM: (Nice, saved)
Ikitt: (how far down does it look and how much rope do I have?)
DM: (my document says you have 50 ft of rope. The distance down to the trees' level just above the mist should be about eight building stories in height.)
Siara: (80 ft?)
DM: (Sounds good. xD Heck, I hate working with ft...)
Siara: (I always figured about 10ft per story)
DM: (It does sound pretty reasonable.)
Ikitt: (Well for what it's worth we hate not working with ft)
DM: (Hence why I'm trying. xD)
Siara: (It would be about 3 meters for you)
DM: (No... 3 feet ft into a meter)
DM: (Almost)
Siara: (I said about xD)
DM: (xD Okay. So! What's happening?)
Siara peers over the edge of the cliff and frowns. "So much mist... I don't know if I can clear all of it away from up here."
Ikitt: Following Angel's steps as he slowly starts pulling free his rop and looping it around his shoulder while he judges the distance of the valley.- "Then let's check it out, I can only hope Rooke didn't slip bare footed while he was going down here..." (by the time we make it down 20 or 30 ft I want to secure my rope and tie it around Angel or myself)
Siara shakes his head. "If he was bare-footed and slipped on rocks like these, there would be a trail of blood to follow."
Ikitt: (I think it safe to say were going down)
Siara: (That wouldn't happen to be a Fog Cloud, would it?)
Nanteu shudders, inching along behind the others, arms dangling by her sides as she barely has a need for extra balance.
DM: Angel starts moving along the arches and bridges, making her way down - the paths, despite being natural, seem formed maybe just a little too perfectly, as if they were made exactly for people to walk down some many, many years ago. Moving with the rest of the group, she licks her lips nervously from time to time, her emotions rolling off her in the form of that 'doom aura' flickering from time to time, strengthening, weakening, disappearing, returning. (It's mist.)
DM: As you all move down, Angel slows at about thirty feet down and glances to the others. "Okay, I think it's time we asked the obvious questions to kinda... prepare ourselves?" She glances nervously downwards before looking back up at the others. "Who's the person with Rooke, who could overpower him, and why would they want to bring him here? And... why are we walking down into a misty, mysterious pit without thinking about these things? I saw those footprints... they were smaller than Rooke's, like mine. Whoever it is, they shouldn't be able to carry a full-grown man like him, yet they did..."
DM: (Cue... music. http://youtu.be/ydL4TrO-51A)
Siara taps at his forehead. "Easy Angel, you're broadcasting. You're not going to fall, not if I can help it." He steps back and pulls a small branch from a tree, testing it for flexibility and thickness before stepping down onto another bridge, keeping Raiden by his side. "Stay wary, something about this unsettles me... I can't help feeling that I've overlooked something."
DM: (Sorry, pretend mine is after yours. )
Nanteu: (Link doesn't work )
Siara: (Huh, it fits.)
DM: (I'll post it differently)
DM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydL4TrO-51A
Ikitt: "Why is everyone so tensed, come on we really need to move.. the more we tippy toe around the greater chance of Rooke getting himself killed.. And your telling me with your bag of magical tricks and fairy dust not a single one of you three can blow that mist away? A gentle breeze nothing?" -He would complain all the while scaling deeper
Nanteu: (Thanks~)
DM: (Right, rope time?)
Ikitt: (And I've beaten that game!)
DM: (I've never played it. I just like the music for its spookiness. xD )
Ikitt: (no rope time if the steps look easy and were about to the ground)
DM: (All right!)
Siara glances over at Angel and Kyle from the corner of his eyes. "Would you like to find out?" He looks at Raiden and nods, then crouches down. "Ladies and gentlemen, please hold onto something, we're about to encounter some turbulence." Wrapping his arms around Raiden to share his power, a bright white ring of light expanding outward from them. (Preparing for Gust of Wind, brace yourselves)
DM: Angel kneels on the path so she knows she won't topple off with what Siara will try.
Nanteu eases herself down onto another bridge, then goes further down to where it draws closer to the one below it, before slipping down onto it, then repeats it a few more times until she's only a bridge away from Angel and Kyle. Kneeling to brace against the gust, she waits until it passes.
Ikitt: (its a cone effect so no worries on us!)
Siara: (I'm shooting it straight downwards from near our location, taking no chances)
Ikitt: ROUND
Siara looks up at the party. "Here we go!" At his words, a sharp blast of wind descends through the valley like a waterfall of wind, funneling through the ring of light to mix and disperse the fog beneath the group. As the wind fades, so does the ring of light, revealing the valley floor and surrounding area.
Nanteu
(BY&E is one of my favourite games, and I love listening to the soundtrack - really love this one particularly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnZkXTHTaQo )
DM: (GRR! It killed my post...)
Nanteu: (I'm sorry! ><
Siara: ( CTRL + Z )
DM: (Heh, never mind! *restarts*)
DM: (Didn't work)
Siara: (Weird, usually it does)
DM
The funnel of wind shatters the mist, brushing it aside to reveal the valley's floor... which is much further down than you all thought. It is a dark lake dappled with islands that can support a few trees and rocks. The rocks are covered in moss and have strange inscriptions etched into their surfaces - a language or symbols none of you know or recognize. (This is something Goo can handle, ya see, Shea. You could do a knowledge roll, he does a roll, and if he hits a certain number, he can grant you knowledge that there is no way you should have known it.) The lake ripples as if water is flowing in and out from underwater caverns or something similar.
Angel nibbles on her lip. "Well... that wasn't what I was expecting, but hey, at least it's not what I was thinking... I was thinking heaps and heaps of spiders swarming over the pit floor." She shudders and stands, starting to move again as the mist starts to close back up.
DM: (That is beautiful music, Shea.)
Siara grins and stands, picking his branch back up and continuing down. "And if it was, follow Gust of Wind with a Flaming Sphere...♥"
DM: ( http://thevomitingdragon.files.wordpress... )
Siara: (I think Kitt's right, I'm spending too much time on 4chan)
DM: Angel seems too preoccupied with looking over the edge and her foot slips. She yelps briefly, falls, and lands on a lower path not too far below. "I'm okay!" she calls back up as soon as she's made sure nothing is broken. She looks up at the others, glances away, then freezes. She swallows, then glances around before pointing at the path down. "Come... come down here. I think this is where we're going..."
Siara works around on his path until he's close enough to drop down onto Angel's path, catching Raiden as he drops too. "We going swimming then?"
Nanteu: (But I don't have Goo.. or are you just using this as an example?)
DM: (Yup, using it as an example. )
Nanteu: (Alrighty)
DM: (Ready?)
Siara: (Might as well)
Nanteu drops down onto Angel's path, then helps her to her feet before leaning over to survey the water. "Anyone want to go first?"
Nanteu: (Yahuh)
DM: As you move, you find the path is wider and more cluttered with trees and their trailing roots. Finding your way to Angel's side, you all turn to see what she is looking at - at first you think it's maybe the waterfall spilling from a rock higher up or the next waterfall which spills onto this level and trickles across the path to fall off the side into the lake, but then your eyes settle. Past the water trickling in thin lines across the path, you see a rope-and-wood bridge. Nestled on the posts that the ropes are attached to, you see a pair of skulls staring morbidly at you. Past them, across the small bridge, there is a door. It is framed by skulls and built into the rock as to blend. Trees growing from the side of the rock face above it ensure it's privacy so it might not be seen from above.
DM http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/365/9/b/entrance_by_nele_diel-d5psaby.jpg
Nanteu: (Oh.. yay)
Siara turns to look at what Angel's indicating and takes an involuntary step backwards. "...what the hell? Did we find a part of the underworld?"
DM: (I'm going to wait for Kitt now and go grab food. xD)
Siara: (This sorta what I imagined a part of the Shinto creation myth to be like, the entrance to the underworld)
DM: (I'm back with food. Ya? It's not the underworld, but 'tis meant to be a bit of a spooky place.)
DM: ('Specially paired with that music)
Ikitt: Follows down with everyone else careful of his footing. His bow is still at the ready but lowered to his side when he paces around to get a better view.- "At least it has a sense of beauty here.. Kinda neat, I wonder what manner of being was aboard the ship.. Maybe something that can shapechange? Etherway lets make haste!"
DM: Angel hesitates and looks at the others. "I don't... I mean..." She looks at the entrance and bites her lip. "I sure hope this isn't some crazy cult place, or vampires, or..."
Nanteu squints, spotting the skulls. "This far down, it could be anything. And if it were some kind of shapeshifter, what is it's purpose, exactly?"
Ikitt: (I'm about to dive right in if no one else does, less chat more splat)
Siara scowls, already not liking the look of the place, but advances slowly. "Could be a Doppel. Don't let your guard down until you know what we're up against."
Siara: (Bleh, I should have done something ages ago...)
DM: (*Casts DM-PUSH*)
Ikitt: (What kind of entrance is it, and we're going!)
Siara: (Wait, you were waiting for us? I'll do something and then push Kyle xD)
DM: ('Tis a doorway, no door. Just dimness beyond it. Check out that dA link up there ^)
Siara stops mid-step. "Hold up... if it IS a Doppel..." He reaches around and rubs his fingers over the back of his neck, extracting three tiny spheres of green energy. "Hey, come over here for a moment."
DM: Angel looks up. "They won't be able to mimic my... aura. I'm fine."
Siara: (You catch on fast xD I thought about doing this AFTER I posted that it might be a Doppel)
Nanteu wanders over to Siara, though distracted by the bridge and the area around and behind it. "What is it?"
Ikitt: Walking backwards for a moment toward the door- "So guessing the men should be in the front since Rooke is MIA.." (WALKING IN)
Siara nods, letting one of the spheres be reabsorbed into his body. "Nanteu and Kyle, these are for you. A Doppel is able to copy and match a person's form after seeing them, but they can't replicate what I'm about to do." He presses one of the spheres gently against Nanteu's neck, slowly merging the essence with her body. "It's a mark. If we get split up, ask me, Kyle or Angel to prove who it is and we will have a way of knowing who's who." When the sphere is fully inside of Nanteu's neck, a soft green circle glows from under her skin, then fades. He moves quickly to Kyle, pressing the remaining sphere into his neck as well. "Just think about proving your worth to someone to make it activate."
DM You enter a dark hall, a skylight the only source of light, but it is dim. Candlestands are set up in the room, but are left unlit, and you glance up, thinking that there are unlit lanterns hanging on long chains from the roof, but... no, they are dire bats. They haven't moved, though. The ground is covered in roots, the stone floor cracked here and there, and to the left, a distant staircase curves up to reach another level. Only then do you wonder why there is a skylight there if no window is seen above - you assume it's magical. To the right is a stone wall with a large, dusty painting on it. A thick tree trunk comes out of the stone, creating more cracks. On it's old trunk, you can see the shapes of roots have... formed uncanny shapes. In the background, you can hear what sounds like a piano being played artfully - the sound is very distant, and you're not too sure where it's coming from.
DM http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/176/1/7/Environment_conceptart_by_derrickSong.jpg
DM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CzrOPhIrs
Siara: (You and your creepy-ass music.)
DM: ( xD I like to set a mood. )
Siara: (It's not like I needed to sleep or anything.)
Nanteu rubs her neck, though the merging didn't hurt and she barely felt a thing. She nods to Siara, then passes him. "Good. Now we have a backup." Making her way across the bridge timidly, she reaches the entrance and pops her head in to spot Kyle, before walking through the doorway.
Ikitt tenderly steps in with a slight nod, pointing up to the roof- "This place just gets better and better.. Think we should shoot down the bats or just try to walk pass them. They may just hang out and leave us be." -If I can I'm going to go look at the stone wall painting.
Siara tenses up at the word "bats", placing his free hand on the scimitar hidden beneath his robe. "Nngh, I really need my staff back..."
DM: The painting on the wall needs dusting off and is aged incredibly. Still, after the dust is cleared away, you find yourself thinking it's an unusual portrait to leave at the front room of a place like this. It is of a young woman dressed in a simple sleeveless shirt and a loose-fitting brown skirt. Her hair is a sandy-ginger, her features petite yet strong. The painting has a signature, a swirling pattern of ink that you can't really read because the artist didn't know how to write to save their life.
DM http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/225/b/e/Ornate_Dream_Closet_by_ricochet188.jpg
Nanteu approaches the tree, giving a fleeing glance at the ceiling, and the bats. "Leave them be. They are peaceful for the moment.." Turning back to the tree, she trails a finger along the trunk thoughfully, examing the shapes.
Ikitt: (Round may)
DM: Nanteu, your finger traces across a sloping part of the tree. You find yourself thinking it looks a little bit like a person's arm, their bicep... then as you gaze down, you're very certain that most of the shapes in this tree are human-like.
DM: Angel seems nervous with the presence of the bats and sticks close to the others, the idea of being separated rather frightening to her. She glances over at Nanteu and notices that she doesn't wear her rapier at her side, assuming that was taken as well. She reaches into her boot and pulls free a dagger, approaching Nanteu to offer it to her. "You can borrow this until we get your rapier back."
DM: (Anyone want to investigate anything in the room? Make Search checks for anything unusual?)
Nanteu keeps her hand hovering over one of the humanoid shapes in the tree, now somewhat intrigued by whatever meaning it might hold. At Angel's offer she turns around, accepting the dagger with the hand that had been touching the tree, the other still gripping her buckler. "Thank you," she says, the slips her buckler over her shoulder again. As she turns back away, she catches sight of the painting. "Well.. they all appear to be human," she states, then moves closer to it.
Nanteu: (Can't hurt.. i guess)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Nanteu: (Finally. Luck)
DM: (What in particular would you be searching? The painting, the walls, the floor, the tree, the ceiling, the distant staircase?)
Nanteu: (I think. 16 with search.. On the floor)
DM: The floor is stone and cracked. Through the cracks, you see roots and dirt, and a few mushrooms peep their heads up. The floor is mostly dusty, but you see a pair of footprints leading away up through the dust and to the stairs. They must have been carrying Rooke again... and whoever they are, they don't come through this entrance to the place too often. However, you see the floor beneath the painting is worn as if someone had paced there for many years beneath the painting, staring at it.
Siara looks back at Nanteu. "The trees are human? That can't be." He steps closer to the tree that she was examining, pressing his palm against it, feeling over the contours. "Do you think it's magic?"
DM: (Reflex, Siara)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Siara: (20)
DM: Siara, you feel a sparking beneath your hand, a hint of magic as you mention that it might be just that. Or perhaps not magic, but... you feel life.
Nanteu brushes her thumb against the ground, kneeling down. "Human, or the likeness' of them," she says to Siara. "Those in the tree may just have been by talented craftmans, and only made of wood.. But, what do you think? Is there anything?"
Siara continues inspecting the tree carefully, feeling for traces of magic. His eyes widen as the tree seems to react to his words, and he pulls his hand away quickly. "...no way." He hesitantly reaches out to touch the tree again, using both hands this time. "This isn't natural. Such strange waves..." He steps back to look up at it in shock and awe. "This tree isn't entirely a tree."
Ikitt: "I do think we should keep searching for Rooke before stopping to smell the flowers.. Dang I wish that toad was here.. Be careful could be some sort of tree trap that sucks your soul up. Stay close.." -Kyle says moving up the stairway slowly and quietly
DM: (I've run out of pretty pictures! xD)
Nanteu stands, striding over to the steps, and places one foot on the bottom step as Siara mentions his findings. "If.. it isn't a tree, then what is it?"
Ikitt: (The picture were very nice)
Siara twitches an eyebrow at Kyle's comment. "Figures that you would be so oblivious..." Holding his branch tightly, he closes his eyes and touches the tree with one hand again, the green halo lighting up around his back. "Who are you? What is your story?" (Speak with Plants)
Nanteu: ( http://5isalive.deviantart.com/art/Stair... )
Siara: (That looks like something from Chernobyl)
Nanteu: (happened to be the first one in the search, but it was probably the best suited one, anyway)
DM: (Ooh, that's a creepy staircase... heh. If you look hard enough at the last picture of the place, you can see a staircase going up - it's just past the tree.)
Nanteu: (Yeah, eerie, abandoned, destroyed look to it)
DM
The stairway leads up onto a small platform that curves towards a door in a wall. Along the wall beside the platform are more paintings, these all of people too - simple portraits, mostly. Not all are human, a few elves, orcs, dwarves, halflings, and even gnomes evident among the selection. It appears that whoever lived here - or who now lives here - had/has a great taste for art.
You reach the door - it is closed but appears to have no lock.
Siara, as you speak to the tree, it thrums back a reply in a deep woman's voice... and one of the forms shifts position on the tree, a face turning to peer with leaf-green eyes at you. It's wooden lips move. "Trapped," it says in the Common language. "Forever trapped, enchanted, held captive, to three trees..." It gasps, its eyes rolling back for a moment...
Then it steps from the tree. It's skin is like bark, beautiful and rustic in appearance, and it is woman in form. It's hair is twigs, brushed back neatly, and although she is naked, your eyes are not drawn to those areas - her wooden appearance takes the mind away from it. "I got it in a forest, but didn't want it.
Once I had it, I couldn't see it.
The more I searched for it, the less I liked it.
I took it home in my hand because I could not find it.
What was it?"
Ikitt: (Do mean to save all the cool adventures toward the end of my day?)
DM: (I'm sorry... xD! Glad you like it though)
Siara jumps as the tree literally comes to live, moving and speaking in Common, but he watches and listens intently, fascinated. "Something you get in the forest that you didn't want... You can't see it when you get it... You like it less the more you look... But you end up taking it home because you can't find it? It sounds like a burr, but those are big enough to be found before you get home, especially if they're in your hand..." He closes his eyes, thinking. "A burr is small, but it can be seen... Irritating like a burr, that you can get in a forest without wanting it..." He blinks, then facepalms. "I should have known this. It's a splinter."
Siara: (That actually took me a while, I haven't heard that since I was eight)
Ikitt: (So you actually knew that one and didn't look it up?)
Siara: (I didn't have to look it up, no. My grandfather loved riddles, he'd throw them to me and my sister all the time when we were young.)
Ikitt: (didn't think desert folk would know that one)
DM: The being gracefully bows its head to Siara, indicating that he is correct. She flourishes an arm towards the stairs. "The masters will enjoy you..." Then as suddenly as the riddle came from her, she changes. Her voice becomes desperate just for a moment. "The creators are not the masters. The creators were banned. Find the creators and you will set free us three." She steps backwards, starting to merge with the tree once more.
DM: (I know hardly any riddles off by heart... I have a website here I'm rather enjoying. xD)
Siara: (For this region, swap "forest" with "desert" and you get the same result, except it's a cactus spine instead of a splinter. If you brush against a cactus here, the tip will ofter snap off if it breaks your skin, and it's a bitch and a half to get out.)
DM: (Shea, still awake? xD)
Ikitt: Kyle's hand reaches out to slowly push the door open but stops short hearing Siara and Nanteu speak and another womens voice. He double backs just intime to see the tree women meld back, causing him to head back toward the entrance to the ancient place.- "Interesting.. so did the dryad have anything useful to say? I've heard they can be rather vengeful if your unwanted." -He says, then moving farther back he pulls out a single bear trap and springs the trap open and steps it up, before covering it with dirt and some leaves before looking back- "I rather make sure we get no one trailing us.. just remember incase we have take off running."
Nanteu: (Yup. Looking up riddles now xD I am utterly hopeless with them, though, but they are interesting)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Ikitt: (well still it's a 14 to spot the trap fyi)
DM: (All right. xD)
Ikitt: (Guess there wasn't much around to hide it or Kyle just being lazy)
Ikitt: (Nannytwo go!)
Siara watches her go, almost entranced by her movements and her voice. Realizing that his time is almost up, he bows to the woman. "I'll do my best to free you." His eyes glass over for half a second as she rejoins the tree, and then he steps around it carefully. "I must be wanted then, she was friendly enough. There are apparently two groups in play here, and one of them must enjoy riddles." He glances at Kyle as he passes. "You have zero knowledge or appreciation of powers greater than yourself, but of the four of us, your mind is the sharpest. Please don't get distracted."
Ikitt: (Ok we all going up stairs now? Or are the two elfs going to check for magic doors? Cause I know I want to check the walls for secret doors)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Ikitt: (3!)
DM: (xD! You find nothing!)
Siara: (If there was a hidden door, wouldn't I have felt it as we went by?)
Ikitt: (No the DM just rolls secretly if yo unotice them or not, even if your not looking for them)
DM: (xD I can tell you now, there's only that one door at the top of the stairs.)
Siara: (Oh, alright, I thought it was built-in on elves.)
Ikitt: (elfs still have to look and find hidden doors, they just got a chance to find them, even when they aren't looking for them)
Ikitt: (Ok we all move of the stairs and I OPEN THE DOOR... slowly...)
DM: Through the door, you find yourself staring at a long, long corridor. There are candles melting their wax on the floor, recently lit. The corridor is made from stone and instead of having paintings, it has one large mural spreading along it. Parts have faded away with age, but you gather that it is a story of some sort. It looks like three dragons holding the corners of a canvas, a fourth painting upon it little people and animals - further along the wall, these animals and people appear to be living in harmony with the dragons and a creature that-... seems to be smudged out with age. More smudges and fadings hide a fair portion of the story, but towards the end of the corridor, the dragons lie dead with people standing on their bloodied corpses. An egg with a crack is the last image. And at the end of the corridor is another door.
Ikitt: "Wait.. did.. a elf just call me smart? You must have a hex casted upon you Siara.. Hah"
Nanteu stands behind Kyle, blade ready, and held defensively at her chest. Waiting on him before she steps through, she immediately goes to the mural wall, and walks alongside it slowly, carefully examining each part of the story.
Ikitt: (well I hate to say this.. but my round is coming up, may have to poof)
DM: (Aw. xD Well, it's been fun.)
Ikitt: (Well keep going!)
Ikitt: (I want to know whats down this hallway)
DM: (Okay!)
Ikitt: (also what color is the dragon?)
Siara glaces over the mural as they pass through the hallway, snorting at Kyle's comment. "Hmph. Don't push it, hume. Your mind works differently than ours, you're able to look at things from angles that we don't think about until later. Riddles are about deception and double-meanings - an answer that's direct for you is one that we wouldn't come to as quickly. You stand a better chance than us at solving riddles for that reason alone."
DM: (The dragons appear to be mainly metallic colors, though their true colors have faded with the paintings age)
Ikitt: (I this Siara more, wide awake and chatty, unlike NANNTWO)
Nanteu: ('>>)
Ikitt: (Sorry Shea but you rarely talk back or make jokes, or laugh at my amazing rolls)
Nanteu: (Guess I'm just not that forthcoming, and I get distracted easily. I'll have to joke more.. and congratulate you on your spectacular rolls. They're nearly as good as mine..)
Siara: (I'm strangely alert for being 36 hours sans sleep.)
Ikitt: (See that's what I'm talking about, sassy remarks keep'em coming!)
DM
The door opens up into a hall. Light comes down from what appears to be an actual hole in the ceiling, high, high above. Vines and roots crawl their way down the walls and into the room, sprawling across the room. Obviously this room has not been used for any reason in some time. Pillars support the ceiling, although a few have crumbled into decay and been overgrown with moss and ferns - other holes in the ceiling light up small areas of the room rather randomly. (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/1... Opposite the door you come in from, there is a large painting on the wall of a life-size woman. You find yourselves thinking that this woman looks very much like the same woman from the first painting... but she is more detailed, the frame about her is newer, there is no dust on the canvas, but the artist must have been very talented. She looks almost real.
The room holds no doors that you can see, even in the shadows. The only real thing of interest is the painting, and it is directly before you all, across the room.
DM http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/226/f/a/a_lapse_of_memory_by_ricochet188-d5ay27s.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/177/c/9/c9a9074eeda9349a434c359ed8950f90.jpg
Nanteu: (Yeah, yeah~)
Ikitt: (Ok now I must ROUND)
DM: (xD!! I'm going to go have my shower. Be back in five minutes!)
Siara enters the room after Kyle and looks around, careful not to brush against anything. "Man, this place is falling apart. I'm kinda afraid to even breathe." As he goes, he spots the painting. Even just glancing at it, he shivers, visibly put-off by the realism. "Not another one..."
DM: (back)
Nanteu gazes at the portrait. "She must be important to someone, hence her reappearance and the rejuvination of the painting.. She looks very realistic.." she pauses, then steps closer to the painting. "..There are no doors. And whomever took Rooke came up this way, but is the only noticeable thing in the entire space.. Do you think.. That it's a doorway of somekind? Or maybe a portal, or plane? Am I going too far?"
Nanteu: (Hey kate, did you get these pictures from a 'do-it-again' type meme, on dA?)
DM: (Nah, found them seperately by accident. xD The artist said they just wanted to touch up the old painting. You can tell they have the same base, comparing them against each other)
Siara peers at the painting. "It's possible... And given the situation, not out of the question."
Nanteu: (Ah, I see. Well it reminded me of one of those anyway. They're really popular on that site at the moment)
DM: (There was a contest completed back in October concerning them. xD)
DM: (Awareness check guys)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Siara: (Sia 24, Rai 16)
Nanteu: (Ahh xD)
Ikitt: (lost my CS ._. )
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: (*sobs*)
Ikitt: (sHEA YOUR ROLLS NEVER CEASE TO MAKE ME LAUGH)
DM: (Only need Nanteu's mod to know if she passed, everyone else did)
Siara: (Your boss would look at the security footage and be like "...what dafuq is so funny?")
Nanteu: (I'm such a sad person.)
DM: (I can't believe we've gone this long! It's almost 2AM here!)
Nanteu: (7 total)
Nanteu: (Almost 12 here)
Ikitt: (I logged ontop FB and he messaged me "Hey you keep watch on those cameras!" "I am trust me, but atleast you know I'm not sleeping like the other guards." "Hmm.. true, keep up the good work.")
DM: (faaaail xD)
DM: (@ Shea xD)
Nanteu: (I feel like I'm gonna be unlucky forever. I'm cursed. I used to have good luck!)
Ikitt: (fyi, if I get hit by a Charm spell or magic, don't think I will resist it.. I have terrible will save)
DM: You all suddenly notice that the piano playing stopped once the dryad spoke to Siara - for some reason, the thought eluded you until now, seeing the portrait. Nanteu, perhaps you glanced aside for a second, as you missed something that everyone else saw. The woman in the painting, incredibly poised as her posture is... she blinks.
Siara grits his teeth. "Is there ANYTHING not enchanted in this place!?"
DM: At Siara's words, the woman leaps from the stool in the painting and takes off the canvas... that is not a canvas. It is a simple cut in the wall shaped to be like a painting's frame with a corridor behind it! You can hear her bare feet slapping against stone in that corridor behind the wall.
Ikitt: (You... did see her blink but ehh)
Ikitt: (didnt)
DM: (Siara did)
DM: (Nanteu was the only one who didn't see the blink)
Ikitt: (oppss my bad)
Ikitt: "On the hunt again!" -Kyle says under his breath racing ahead of the group as fast as he can!
Ikitt: (My replacement is here TTYL guys)
DM: (Anyhow, I think maybe we should stop here! It's my bedtime, and a good place for us to collect thoughts. How's everyone for tomorrow?)
Siara watches the eyes disappear from the "canvas" and sighs. "Normal and not normal at the same time... Can I just blow this whole place up now? Please?" He takes off after Kyle.
DM: (Heh, bye!)
Ikitt: (also I will be online)
Nanteu jumps at the sudden rush of movement, then once she realises what has happened, she takes off after Kyle, having missed the initial signs and the escape of the woman. "I knew it!" she calls, almost excitedly.
Nanteu: (Bye bye)
Siara: (Good idea, but tomorrow night might be weird again)
DM: (I'll take heed of the DND thing. Get some sleep, Vex! Shea, how are you for tomorrow?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, I'll be there. And I might as well hop off too.)
DM: (Okay. Catch you guys! I had heaps of fun!)
Nanteu: (Night. Same here! )
Siara: (If I'm available for talking, I'll be on Available, Busy means I can talk but with delays.)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Mmkay. 'Night)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 am by Kate Orchix

Session 27 (7th January 2013)

DM: You all suddenly notice that the piano playing stopped once the dryad spoke to Siara - for some reason, the thought eluded you until now, seeing the portrait. Nanteu, perhaps you glanced aside for a second, as you missed something that everyone else saw. The woman in the painting, incredibly poised as her posture is... she blinks.
Siara grits his teeth. "Is there ANYTHING not enchanted in this place!?"
DM: At Siara's words, the woman leaps from the stool in the painting and takes off the canvas... that is not a canvas. It is a simple cut in the wall shaped to be like a painting's frame with a corridor behind it! You can hear her bare feet slapping against stone in that corridor behind the wall.
Ikitt: "On the hunt again!" -Kyle says under his breath racing ahead of the group as fast as he can!
Siara watches the eyes disappear from the "canvas" and sighs. "Normal and not normal at the same time... Can I just blow this whole place up now? Please?" He takes off after Kyle.
Nanteu jumps at the sudden rush of movement, then once she realises what has happened, she takes off after Kyle, having missed the initial signs and the escape of the woman. "I knew it!" she calls, almost excitedly.

Kate: I'm gonna post some history, but it's... Kitt's ROUND!
Ikitt: yup.. wait don't lost our post thought!
Ikitt: stalker
Kate: (I saved it, don't worry! Yus, I know how to stalkerize you like a creepist.)
Siara: (Neat, you're worse than me. He doesn't have to fear me anymore.)
Kate: (I remember his address too.)
Siara: (Wow, you ARE worse than me.)
Kate
(Shea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1U3J084ls This is Lifehouse, the song I was talking about)
Nanteu: (Sounds a tad familiar)
Siara joined the chat
Siara Gangnam Styles around in the kitchen while food is heating up
Kate: (I should keep stalker files...)
Kate changed name to DM
Siara
(Bleeeeeh, I can't stop listening to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2s3XA9ALc )
DM: (Heh, strange. xD)
Siara: (Melty Blood is an awesome game, leave me alone >A> )
DM: (I leave you alone. o (◡‿◡✿) )
Siara: (And White Len is an awesomely scary bitch. -wants to play it again- )
Ikitt: (I take Kate stalkery as nothing more then flattery, I mean seriously a foreign girl knows my everymove has to be worth something )
DM: (You just want me to know your address so I send you stuff.)
DM: (Right! Who's ready to D&D?)
Siara (shoves Kate over the Fanboy's Cliff. "There can only be one..."
DM: (I'm... not a fanboy...)
Siara: (Stalker, fanboy/fangirl, same thing)
DM: (... *sits at the bottom of the cliff, DMing*)
DM: (Can I start writing the next piece, guys?)
Siara: (Go for it)
Nanteu: (Kitt poofed, but yeah, I guess)
DM
As everyone leaps through the painting frame and takes off after the fleeing 'portrait woman,' they would notice this corridor has simple paintings straight onto the stone walls. If anyone were to take a good look, it would look like several artists had just had a lot of fun in this corridor, painting anything they liked ranging from people posing to animals, monsters, and scenes straight out of fairy tale books. Others are scenes of war from distant ages or straight from the imagination.
The corridor goes on only a little bit before turning a right corner - the girl is a fast sprinter, even barefoot, and you hear her turn the corner in rapid time. As you all turn the corner, you find yourself standing at the edge of a gap in the path - but the girl is across the twenty-foot gap and still running. She turns a left corner and disappears from sight. The gap before you is deep and at the bottom, you can see the tips of wooden stakes... and skeletons.
Ikitt changed name to Nolen
DM: (Kyle!)
Nolen changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (I'm mentally here I swear)
DM: (Ayeeee)
Siara: (Of course you are, dear -pats his head- )
Kyle feet stop dead in there tracks skidding almost to a death pit.- "Dang nab it.. " -he says kicking a rock off to see if it falls
Kyle feet stop dead in there tracks skidding almost to a death pit.- "Dang nab it.. " -he says kicking a rock off to see if it falls
Kyle: (ehh)
DM: It falls and clatters against one of the wooden stakes - the stake doesn't budge, so it's firmly set in place.
DM: Angel thumps into Kyle's back as she runs around the corner, but steadies herself on his shoulders so he won't fall in. She peeks around him. "Huh... that's not good."
Nanteu comes to a stop inches behind Kyle and Angel, careful not to knock either off them off, then reels back a little bit to look over the gap.
Kyle: "Ideas! Quick?"
Siara screeches to a halt next to Kyle, looking over the edge. "Well... This place just gets better and better. I don't have any spells for crossing gaps like this.)
Siara: "
DM: "Throw the smallest of us across!" Angel quickly suggests, then glances at Nanteu for height before frowning, realizing she herself is the smallest. "Oh... no, forget that. Any rope? We could... uhm... uh...?" She looks down into the pit. "There's... kinda room to move around the stakes if we got down carefully?"
Nanteu "But then we'd have to climb back up again."
DM: (Awarenes...?)
Kyle: (well you beat to it Kate, the other questions was whats on the otherside and how deep?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (21)
DM: Depth, about 10 feet. Across, about 20 feet. On the other side, simple stone floor like the floor you're standing on. Kyle, you glance around and spot something above the pit - a small metal ring attached to the ceiling. Also, along the wall, you see a thin ledge at about eye-height lined with lit candles - one was knocked off and is splatted in the pit, extinguished.
Kyle: (where is the ring?)
DM: (About 10 feet away from your current spot. From the ring, it's another ten feet to the other side.)
Kyle: (Whole group is speechless when you put a pit in there way)
Kyle: (also my CS plz)
DM: (I know, it's crazy...)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Kyle: "Alright well, stand back and watch.. And wish me good luck. I'm jumpin it.." -backtracking he readies for a sprinting jump
DM: (Uh-oh...)
Kyle: (One of you three magic users atleast cast a 0 spell on me, to give me +1 to a check)
DM: (Lemme grab the bard sheet...)
Siara: (I can do it)
DM: (do et)
Kyle: (also taking everything off but rope and long bow ect)
DM: (... O.O)
Kyle: (FB kate)
Kyle: (also if you have the spell Long Strider? or something that gives me bonus movement do et plz)
DM: (FB)
Kyle: (I mean't my chain vest, and backpack )
DM: (>.> Hmmm...)
Kyle: (Ahh, I mean I AM taking off my chain vext, buckler armor, and backpack)
DM: Angel frowns at what Kyle suggests and readies a spell in her hand, hoping she might cast Feather Fall if he doesn't make it all the way across.
Siara looks between Kyle and the other side of the cliff, then sighs. "You're such a fool, Kyle..." Reaching over, he gently trails his fingers over Kyle's shoulders, imbuing him with a mark of luck. Pressing his palms together, he releases several small green tendrils of light that swirl forward around Kyle. "Try not to fall please, I can't bring you back to life yet." (Longstrider and Guidance.)
DM: (Hold up, hold up... Shea, are you still here?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, sorry)
DM: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Bard_Sp... Bard Spells.)
Siara joined the chat
DM: (... Vex, you alive?)
Siara: (You're lagging if you missed that)
DM: (Yup, sorry. )
Nanteu: (I have that all up already. I've been trying to familiarise myself with the spells and whatever else the past few days, so I can start to actually use some of them.)
Kyle: "Ehh, Lady luck favors the bold!" -And with that he was off, kicking off the dust around him in a burst of speed granted to him.
Siara "There's a difference between being bold and being stupid."
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Any mod? Jump?)
Kyle: (12 + 2 for str +1 for Guidance +4 for Longstrider = 17 total)
Kyle: (says I need a 20, but if I fail it by 5 or less I get a reflex chance to catch the ledge!)
DM: (Reflex then!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (whelp I failed, 12!)
DM: Angel's hand shoots out as Kyle falls, a soft glow enveloping him and slowing his fall. He might be able to maneuver himself around one of the larger spikes and find footing in a rather difficult position, cornered by stakes.
DM: (Up to Siara and Nanteu to get across and help him out of the pit now!)
Kyle: "Whelp, I'm almost out of ideas!" (climbing?)
Nanteu: (I'm gunna get spiked..)
DM: (If ya can reach 10 feet up, yep. If not, no, the sides are smooth.)
Siara: (Ten feet... Would I be able to make a mass growth from the tree branch I brought along using Entangle?)
Kyle: (Round, I'm just going to hang for a bit)
DM: (Ehh... do a DC. If you can hit over 15, I'll say yes.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Nanteu: (Reach is only 5' xD)
Siara: (Crap xD)
DM: (Shea's onto it. xD)
Nanteu: (No I'm not! D: I'm gunna die.)
Siara: (Bleh, only Clerics gt Fly...)
DM: Angel muses on how they might get across before taking off her backpack and trying to throw it across the gap to hit the other side. (Just gonna add Str mod here since throwing something light doesn't seem to be a skill.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: The backpack falls and lands next to Kyle, impaled on a stake. Angel huffs out a sigh and points at it. "Could you throw that onto the other side, Kyle?"
Nanteu: (whereabouts is the wall with the ledge, where does it lead?)
Kyle: Kyle awkwardly gets his footing slipping out his hatchet and starts hacking away at the wooden steaks hoping to free up enough room for him to atleast stand without being killed! (if you let me ROUND)
DM: (The wall with the ledge is right above the pit, on the right. The width of the ledge could only be about six inches or half a foot.)
DM: (DO YOUR ROUND)
Nanteu: (Eh)
DM: (Come on you two! xD)
DM: (Kyle and Angel aren't saving you from this one... neither is Rooke, 'cause he needs saving elsewhere.)
Nanteu: (Kitt already asked how high the ring is and how far away it is didn't he?)
DM: (It's on the ceiling ten feet away. The height would be the ceiling height, so... about 8 feet.)
Nanteu: (How long is my rope?)
Kyle: After a set of heavy hacks, he manages to clear enough room to stand but that's about it, and to reach over and grab Angels bag and tossing it up the ledge for three points.- "Alright there you go princes golden horns.. Ya'll thought of anything yet, or do I have to try another one of my heroic stunts?"
DM: (Uhm, looks like you don't have a rope... have you used one before?)
Nanteu: (I thought I had one in inventory.. Eh, nvm then)
DM: Angel pretends to applause Kyle. "More heroic acts!"
Nanteu: (Might have to just jump it..)
Kyle: Kyle grumbles to himself, removing his longbow and rope and begins tieing it to another arrow, then takes aim for the metal loop.- "More you get then.." (taking a shot for inside the iron ring)
Nanteu: (I can Feather Fall myself if I don't make it, right? Or does someone have to do it to me?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (You can do it to yourself)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu: (Mmkay)
DM: (Vex?)
Kyle: (He DC again? strange)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (He's on SKype, but on a DND, so not gonna risk that.)
Kyle: (20?)
DM: (JUST. Hit.)
Kyle: Then I proceed to hack my way to the rope dangling from the middle of the room, and grab both ends, tie them and begin to climb. And will try to swing my way across to the other side!
DM: (Dex mods or Use Rope mods?)
Nanteu: (That was my idea all along, just without the arrow xD)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (19!)
DM: (Ya pass!)
Kyle: (wee I'm on the other side and toss the rope back to Nanteu)
Nanteu: (I still have a bow and arrows too, so I could try what Kyle did again..)
Kyle: (The rope is still looped, you can just use the same rope)
DM: (Or ya could just grab the rope he's swinging to you!)
Nanteu: (Oh right.. )
Nanteu: (Good idea, that!)
Nanteu: (I'm rolling for the jump to catch it aren't I? '>>)
DM: (Nope, you can have it, I think.)
Nanteu: (Do I have to do anything for swing then?)
DM: (Use Rope!)
DM: brb
DM: (back...)
Nanteu: (Wait, what ><
DM: (There's a skill called Use Rope)
Nanteu: (No roll for grabbing it, but I'm rolling for the swing, and adding me use rope?)
Nanteu: my*)
DM: (Yup)
DM: (ROLL! xD)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara joined the chat
Nanteu: (IT'S ALWAYS 6)
Siara: (Had to leave for a bit, cat got really sick from something)
DM: (Okay.)
Kyle: (Umm.. reflex to grab her?)
DM: (Shea... you got any mods for Use Rope? It's near the bottom of the list.)
Nanteu: (+3)
DM: (Yeah... do that reflex roll.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (What are you rolling for, Kyle? You're making me nervous, and I'm the DM... I'm meant to make you guys nervous.)
Kyle: (I was going to catch Nanntwo before she falled to her death?)
DM: (... sure. xD)
Kyle: (fell to her death*)
Kyle: Kyle sees Nanteu hands loosen to early as she lets go and is going fall short, so he rushes out snatches her hand and tugs her back up with a huff- "And who says humans don't know how to handle elven women?"
DM: (Your turn, Siara.)
Siara: (Mom randomly walks in with a box of sweet and sour chicken from PF Chang...)
Nanteu pulls herself up with the help of Kyle, then budges him with her arm. "Yeah, well," she starts, grinning lightly.
Siara is watching everything happening, but is visible on edge. "You guys are going to give me a heart attack from playing so recklessly."
Siara: (I don't have rope, I don't think, and I already failed my check to make an Entangle bridge...)
Kyle: Tossing back the rope to Angel then claps his hands- "Come on girl, I got ya.. Just make sure to not let go to early."
DM: Angel catches the rope and offers it to Siara. "Here, you go first."
Kyle: "Also throw my bag to me please!"
Siara nods to Angel, then to Raiden. "See you on the other side, I guess."
Siara: (Roll for Use Rope, or just go?)
DM: (Use Rope)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara: (Niiiiiice)
DM: (Classy)
Nanteu: (Hate you guys)
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: (Shea you want me to show you someway your bard could have handled this?)
Nanteu: (Sure.)
Siara takes the rope with a wink at Raiden and stands off to the side. "Alright then..." Holding it tightly in one hand, he takes a running start, veering sharply off the cliff and swinging over the pit in a wide arc, landing gracefully without a hair out of place. "That went better than expected." Handing the rope to Kyle, he points to his branch. "Come on Rai, it's not too far."
Raiden joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM: Angel looks down at Raiden, then across to Siara before frowning. "He's not going to make that jump on his own... Raiden, come on." She moves to pick him up so as if to put him on the six-inch-wide ledge running over the pit on the right wall.
Nanteu: (Damn it, dinner. Kitt, post it and I'll read it when I get back)
Raiden: (Oh, I'm not allowed to let Rai do the wood transfer trick from before?)
Kyle: (Could have cast Summon Monster II and summoned a Giant spider to use web or ride on it over, or a LARGE MONSTROUS CENTIPEDE. Also Cat's Graces for +4, to help with rope, or Bulls str for +4 str to make jumping easier and climbing Or Animate Rope: Makes a rope move at your command to loop around and out to the ring. Expeditious Retreat incresases your speed by 30 ft, meaning you would have gotten +12 to jumping (10f = +4 to jumps) Also Resistance a lvl 0 spell gives +1 to saving throws like reflex checks, and you or Angel could have been playing bardic music to give us +1 to all rolls and skills while you played!)
DM: (No... 'cause you didn't make the roll.)
Nanteu: (I never would have figured any of that out xD ) (you guys keep going)
Nanteu left the chat
Raiden: (Not Entanglement, I meant the one from waaaaay early, when Rai crossed the river in the forest by jumping between flowers)
DM: (... I don't remember that. How'd you get away with that!? xD)
DM: (Also... there's nothing to jump to and from on this... pit. Only stake tips or that ledge which Angel is trying to put Raiden on.)
Raiden: (Check the history, it's definitely there. I think it's because we were still getting a feel for it, but you didn't have a problem with it as long as we weren't using it in combat, just for short distances.)
DM: (Which river?)
DM: (Describe what it did to me even if we have done it before.)
Kyle: (Also Vex next time just use this http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Jump )
DM: (Either that, or just let him walk along the ledge and try not to trip on the candles. He'll need to make a balance check.)
Siara: (On the way to Elmrock after we all woke up with no memory, in the forest. We camped out by the river, I lit a fire and what-her-Drow-name was playing with a fireball)
DM: (... there were no flowers there.)
Siara: (It was grassy, he moved between plants.)
DM: (Either way, you have to tell me what it DOES if I'm gonna say yeah. I'm not going all the way back there. xD)
Siara: (It's fine either way xD Just trying to jog your memory a bit)
DM: (... I wanna get over the pit. *girly voice* I'll cry!)
Siara: (It was a small trick for use outside of combat, to cross short distances like rivers and pits because he's a dog by jumping to a nearby plant on the other side of whatever Siara had just crossed)
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: (Like teleportation... I remember. I was really iffy on that. Eh... it was non-dangerous. This is potentially dangerous. Your dog has to make rolls... or you could say that you stuck him under your arm when you swung across on that beautiful nat 20 and you're both safely on the other side.)
Siara: (Let's go with the latter xD)
Siara: (*rewrites a portion of the last post*)
Siara takes the rope and picks Raiden up carefully, standing off to the side. "Alright then..." Holding it tightly in one hand, he takes a running start, veering sharply off the cliff and swinging over the pit in a wide arc, landing gracefully without a hair out of place. "And everything turned out better than expected." He sets Raiden down and hands the rope to Kyle for him to send back over.
Raiden: (Also, I completely forgot I had that skill)
DM: Angel waves the rope off, hauling Kyle's pack over her shoulder before climbing up onto the thin ledge. "I don't have a great grip... I'll just go along this." She hugs the wall, inching her way over the candles and tiptoing her way across the ledge, hoping to get to the other side without falling.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: gh erourphagieeeeeeroiget sipgtjerwfj aerwfjipwer gap rhgerwhgherpi
Siara: (Oh dear)
DM: Angel flails her arms as she falls backwards and quickly casts 'Feather Fall' again, drifting down to land in the area that Kyle hacked to pieces. She lands and growls to herself before taking off the pack and throwing it up to Kyle. "Give me a moment, I'll get up..."
DM: She puts her hand up, fingers glowing with magic. The rope looped through the ring in the ceiling unravels itself and falls to the floor of the pit, snaking its way over to Angel, up the side of the pit, and into the reach of anyone who will take it so Angel could get up, but it stays upright even as she takes ahold of it and starts pulling herself up. Sprawling onto the floor, she looks up at the others with a somewhat grumpy expression. "Fine, next time, I'll just take the rope."
DM: (Right! Someone take charge.)
Siara grins down into the pit, taking hold of the rope and bracing himself. "Good idea."
Kyle: (we not waiting for Nannytwo? And I get my rope and arrow back)
DM: Once everyone is up on the other side, they have to deal with the fact that the footsteps of the mysterious girl have now faded away completely... But the corridor only leads in one direction, no doors, the walls still covered in painted stone art.
DM: (We can. Let's just have some in-game chatter or something while we wait?)
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden: (Scent check for Raiden! /o/ )
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Raiden: (He's got a cold xD)
DM: (Yeeep. brb!)
Kyle: "Alright she now has a huge head start of us, so might as well take it slow.. I know if I was her I would have this single hallway trapped, spiky, and ready to shoot arrows from every blind spot. Elven kind please stick to the right and left of me, and check the walls as we pass them incase she has another hidden passage way. Angel, puppy keep a rear guard, I'll vanguard this since Rook gone now. Let's move!"
DM: (Back)
Kyle: (Is that in charge enough?)
DM: Angel does as Kyle tells her to, seemingly lost in thought as they move along. The faint sounds of the piano playing in the background start to seep back into everyone's conciousness and Angel glances at Kyle. "That is the same song as before..." (Yup!)
Siara grins to himself at Kyle's commands. "You're so cute when you get bossy." He steps off to right side of Kyle, closing his eyes and letting his senses expand around him.
Nanteu joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Kyle: (Alright we're heading down the HALLWAY!)
DM: (ONWARDS MARCH)
Siara perks his ears up as Angel mentions the song. "Now that you mention it..." (Listen check to identify the direction it's coming from)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (19)
DM: (... there's only one corridor!)
Siara: (It could be in our minds like an illusion, a section of the wall could be fake and it's drifting through a crack, it could even be behind us)
DM: (Well, you're sure it's coming from up the corridor.)
Siara: (I'm playing sensor for the time being, it's part of the job xD)
Siara: (Oh, Kitt, how long will you be up this morning?)
DM: (Hi, Shea, caught up?)
Kyle plugs his ears up with bread and keeps walking down the hallway with his bow
Nanteu: (I have kiwi fruit.. for some reason.. and I don't want it.. Uh, yep, now I am)
DM: (Give it here! And post so we may move on!)
Nanteu: (*Offers!*)
DM: (*takes*)
Siara raises his head. "Our phantom piano is coming from up ahead. Angel, Nanteu, it might be another bard. Be ready for anything."
Kyle: "What?!" -Kyle yells back, as the bread is lightly pressed in his ears
DM: "Where did you get bread from?" Angel questions. "I'm hungry, but... ew."
Kyle: "I always keep some, just incase! ONWARD!""
DM: (Shea?)
DM: (SHEA!)
Siara: (She's about to crush us with a wall of text)
Siara (puts on his anti-wall hard hat)
DM: (Sheeeaaaaa)
DM: (I think she's crashed)
Nanteu: (Oh, lol. You summoned?)
Kyle: ....
DM: (Post?)
Nanteu: (I did.. Eh. Must have lost it. I'll do it again. It was only a line anyway)
Kyle: (Man thing is we want you here, we're about to fight the boss I think!)
Nanteu: (.. No walls)
Nanteu: (Alright)
Siara: (Woo boss fight!)
Nanteu keeps to the left of Kyle, her hands drifting over the painted stone as she surveys it, also keeping her attention between that, the floor, and the surrounding area. Once Siara locates the music properly, however, she turns to face the end of the hall, then pulls her shield back over her shoulder and arms herself with the dagger Tindomerel had given to her. "Yeah, I'm prepared for pretty much anything right now."
Siara: (This Touhou Gangnam Style is freaking me out, but it's so funny...)
DM
As you all move along the corridor, you follow it as it swerves to the left and moves uphill, gradually turning to stairs. You take about five flights up before it levels out into a normal corridor once more. There are no secret doors, only the painted stone walls. The paintings here are fresher, crazier, and brighter. Many involve eyes or fires or monsters that seem to be made of both. There is even a rather shoddy painting of eggs frying in a pan over one of these creatures.
The corridor leads to a single wooden door - stopping at the door, you can all hear the piano playing in the next room.
Nanteu: (What's the bet it's just Rooke having a spontaneous jamming session.)
Kyle: "Whelp here we go.." -I open the door slowly and then rush inside bow ready to fire!
Siara follows Kyle, the halo of magic swirling around him as he builds a new spell.
Nanteu readies her shield and blade and steps through quickly after the others, bracing herself once she is inside.
DM
You enter into a stone room. There are no paintings here, but you see the girl. She is at the piano, still playing the song and doesn't appear to acknowledge your presence, lost in the piano's melody. Her fingers dance across the ancient keys delicately, and she is bowed over as if she is more... possessed by the music than actually playing it. The grand piano has pieces of crumbled rock on it - the ceiling is decayed and dirt is pushing through with vines and roots. The walls are old and ready to crumble in the next few years.
The room is fairly small, the piano being the only piece of furniture aside from a dresser with two drawers set in it that rests against the far wall next to a wooden door. On the next wall, left of your location, there is another door and it has a large lock on it.
Kyle: (So I'll just let you two do the talking.. I have a round coming up soon)
Siara breezes into the room with his magic circle, then spots the girl. "Well well, it's our phantom piano. Can I break it?"
Siara advances on the girl slowly, then stops. "...a controller."
DM: The girl still doesn't seem to notice, even with Siara having spoken. She tosses her head for a moment as if listening to a more violent and dramatic beat, then goes back to peacefully playing.
Nanteu eases closer, though still very much on edge. "Should we break it, or let her continue? She's certainly not interested in us. Not while she can play."
Kyle: (round a bit earlier I got to eat) Kyle keeps his bow ready and pulled back and scans the ceiling for anything that might fall and attack us, while back peddling with Siara and Nanteu.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (9 awareness ROUND)
DM: You seem to think it's safe, Kyle.
Siara frowns. "The dryad mentioned masters and creators. A master is one who controls, and that piano is controlling that girl." A second, smaller halo begins to rotate inside the larger one as he builds another spell. "Would one of you like to shock her out of it?"
Nanteu: (Bags it)
DM: (Do et!)
Siara: (Ooh, would a countersong nullify the effects of the piano?)
DM: (A bard's countersong? Hm... depends. It could be tried.)
Siara: (Nanteu and Angel get to do a duet /o/ )
DM: (If Shea wants. What do you have planned, Shea?)
Siara: (Thunderhead's only a lv1 spell, but I've been flinging spells around a LOT lately xD)
Nanteu: (That was basically it, but im reading up on countersong now)
DM: (Link me?)
Siara: (Who?)
Nanteu: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Bard )
Siara: (Ah, her)
DM: (No, Counterson)
Nanteu: (It's in there)
DM: (It says its under maintenance. xD(
Nanteu: (Hmm..)
Nanteu: ( A bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound (but not spells that simply have verbal components). Each round of the countersong, he makes a Perform check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a noninstantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard’s Perform check result for the save. Countersong has no effect against effects that don’t allow saves. The bard may keep up the countersong for 10 rounds. )
DM: (We could try it...)
Nanteu: (It's confused me though.. as usual.. How many times do I need to roll and when? )
DM: (You roll Perform as a skill, whatever instrument you are using. The 'enemy' would roll back and try to top you. I don't fully understand it - need Kitt for that stuff - but... we could just roll back and forth ten times each, add 'em up and see who wins.)
Kyle: (?)
DM: (Kitt! How does Countersong work?)
Siara: (They're working on a countersong duet to break the spell on the girl)
Kyle: (We would be using the latter part if my guess is right about the piano, meaning that Shea or/and Angel would both make perform checks. Then the girl would use would get a chance to use your preform check total instead of a will save to break the enchantment/spell. So you would both roll preform checks, every round up to 10 rounds, and the girl would get a chance to break free each round using your roll to overcome the spell )
DM: (FB)
Kyle: (xD)
Kyle: (Shea for what it's worth I only seen a counter song been used and understood by teh bard playing once in my life of D&D so don't feel bad getting confused, even I get lost sometimes)
DM: (I'm utterly confused. )
Siara: (Kitt doesn't have answers for us!? Abandon thread! ABANDON THREAD!!)
Nanteu: (I still just feel like I know absolutely nothing, is all.)
Kyle: (It's ok, D&D is a big book full of rules. If you seriously want to try and understand more, just pick up the Players Handbook 3.5 pdf and read it)
DM: (All right, just play your music. Then I'll tell you what happens from there. xD Don't do any rolls, just write.)
Siara: (Until we started playing, the only thing I knew about D&D was Magic Missile.)
Kyle: (Also short and quick way to explain Countersong. When you get hit with a spell,(aka Charm or something, fireball, web) you roll a Will save, to resist the magic. And if you pass most spells will do nothing to you. Counter Song, let's everyone around you use your Preform Check, rather then rolling there own WIll save to resist musical magic. Like Kyle has a shitty WIll save, if I get hit with a bards charm, I'm trapped and will fail my will save every round. BUT if you started playing you could break me out of it, by playing Counter SOng and letting use your preform check instead of my shitty Will save. )
Nanteu "I'll try," she says, then leans closer, sheathing the dagger for now. Hesitantly at first, she simply waves her hand in front of the girl's face, then clicks her fingers repeatedly, giving up after a moment. She pauses for a few moments, just thinking, then slips the buckler from her arm and places it buckler back in its usual place. Her eyes still glued to the girl, she reaches to her belt, pulling out her flute. Glancing briefly to the side, she holds the mouthpiece close to her lips. “Angel, I may need your help with this.”
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (FYI Bucklers don't use your hand, hence why they are bucklers! They are strapped to your wrist letting archers fire arrows ect!)
DM: Angel takes her fiddle from her bag, remarkably undamaged despite the bag having been skewered earlier. She readies herself and glances up. "You start, I'll fall into the chorus."
Nanteu: (Yeah, I'm starting to understand that now, kitt. I just need to continuously go over everything to memorise it. And before we started D&D I just knew the thing existed.. Never gone near it in my life)
Nanteu: (And I meant to say arm, actually xD)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Nanteu: (HOLY SHIT)
Nanteu: (.. I bet it won't last, though.)
DM: (Describe. )
Nanteu: (23 total. Writing now)
Nanteu: (do you add bonus each round?)
DM: (You would, yep.)
Siara (puts his text wall barrier up again)
Nanteu presses the piece to her mouth delicately, and the tune starts without further hesitation. At first it’s gradual, one note building into two, and then more notes are added and it melds with the chords of the piano, accompanying the sound. It soon breaks away into its own tune, however – a sweet, sweeping melody, made of a handful of simple notes that seem to flow and flutter around the sound of the piano, and clash softly against the walls of the room. It continues like this for a few moments, then the tune grows louder and louder, however, and becomes more complex and daring, holding an adventurous, fast-paced edge, as if the music itself is challenging the controller to dance.
Nanteu: (Not too big)
Siara steps off to the side, keeping his halos fully charged for his spells.
Kyle: (also amazing roll Shea, but I think that means all three us rolled our 20 for the night)
Nanteu: (I've probably rolled my last for the next two weeks, actually.)
DM
Angel listens for a short while, then joins in. At first, the fiddle sings solemnly, fitting Nanteu's own melody until it roars into the adventerous challenge. She seems to be enjoying herself, glad that Nanteu is such a great flute-player and they can both keep up with each other. She closes her eyes for a moment, lost with the music until she hears a falter in the piano-playing and reopens her eyes.
The girl stares down at the keys, her song lost, but suddenly breaks into the same melody as Nanteu and Angel, matching each note and starting to grin somewhat maniacally.
Kyle: (And it's a play off!)
Kyle: (All three girls..)
DM: (You'll actually have to interrupt her to get her to stop.)
Siara looks back and forth between the three girls, realizing that he's far outclassed in a match of musical wit. He stands off to the side, allowing the second magic circle to float on his own as he tries to build power for a third.
Kyle: "Oh I wonder what's over here..." -Kyle says stepping away to go check the drawers for answers!
Nanteu: (Do we really have to go for 10 rounds? xD ) (your roll, isn't it? )
DM: (Nope! 'Cause technically... now she's just playing WITH you. xD)
Nanteu: (Eep, okay)
Nanteu: (So I'm the only one who's rolling now? xD)
DM: (Nope, no more rolling.)
Kyle: (if a nat 20 didn't work, it's not working Shea.. Nat 20 is AUTO win no matter what the odds are)
Nanteu: (Awesome, okay)
Kyle: ( ._. Want to shoot girl.. must not though..)
DM: They are unlocked, Kyle. The first drawer has nothing but a dried flower squashed to the bottom of it. You open the second and find a small jewelled necklace - gold with amethysts. With it is an ornate dagger with a swirling hilt - a little longer than most daggers and with a serrated edge, made from what also appears to be gold, but surely couldn't be - gold is too soft to use as a weapon. You find a small gold ring with what seems to be a jet set in it, and below all that, a dusty book.
Nanteu doesn't lose the power behind the music, instead starts to play around with the tune. She follows the same melody for a moment, but then rises high, then straight down again, cutting through the tune with a quick note.
Siara: (Btw, Siara's magic circles turn in the air near his back when they're ready but not active. They all look like this http://puu.sh/1KKyW but turn in opposite directions each time a new one is added. So the first one is clockwise, the second one is counter-clock, etc)
Kyle: Take all the objects while looking over his shoulder and opens the book while walking back to the girl trying to read it- "Well I found something, I'll pass them out later.. Till then maybe this book will help. Also I'm just pull her away from the piano.. If I get zombie like, just put me down please.." -He says passing the book onto Angel and then grabbing the girl by the shoulders and pulling her away
Kyle: (cool arcane circles)
Siara grits his teeth as the third spell fails to activate, concentrating on maintaining the power for the other two. "If you say so."
Kyle: (Also I will have to quick playing in hour, boss is showing up)
DM: The girl is still playing when Kyle touches her and tries to pull her away. She yelps shrilly and kicks the piano stool back into his shin, using him as a stepping stone to clamber onto the keys and onto the top of the grand piano. She crouches there, her eyes feral as she stares at them all... then sees Angel holding the book. "Nnnh!" she mutters before pointing frantically at Kyle, seeing that he has the items from the dresser. "NNnnnh... no. P-... ut down." She hesitates, then clambers from the piano and starts backing towards the locked door. "Go... away." Despite her difficulty, each time she speaks, her voice becomes clearer - it's as if she hasn't spoken to people in a very long time.
DM: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/20...
Siara watches the girl carefully. "We're not going to hurt you. We're just looking for someone."
Kyle eyes the girl and slowly start putting the items back onto the ground at his feet.- "Ya, just help us out.. We need to find Rooke. Big guy, came this way."
Nanteu stops immediately after Kyle touches the girl, going no further with the distraction. She slips past the girl as she moves away from the piano and kicks the door closed, slipping the flute back into the notch at her belt. "We just need to know what happened," she says softly, then leans slightly back against the door to show she isn't a threat.
Nanteu: (imagine if we had to cross the gap again xD)
DM: (I PROVIDED ANOTHER WAY OUT!!!)
Siara: (Screw that, I'm just Jumping all of you)
DM
"C-... can't have. Can't have what's not yours!" She watches as Kyle places the items down, eyeing him warily, then looking at Nanteu and Shea as she sees they have musical instruments. It seems to confuse her, but her attention snaps back to Siara and Kyle, then includes the whole group. She stares at them all, then puts her hands briefly to her head, then drops them to her sides and starts pacing. "Must keep Rooke, must keep big guy... can't have what's not yours, can't take, that would be stealing... yes, yes..." She bites her nails, stopping her pacing to stare blankly at the wall.
"Can't steal from me, it would be rude to. Must keep him and must... must live. Must survive. No, no, you should leave... go leave." She moves towards the group, making shoo gestures but leaps backwards as she realizes they're not going to move. She starts to get worried, pacing more and biting her nails. "Must carry on, must get rid of, must keep, must mate... mate, yes... You must leave... Rooke. Creta needs... needs her kind."
Nanteu: (Shea!)
DM: (Agh! I meant Angel! xD)
Siara crosses his arms, puzzled, for a moment. He looks back at Angel. "As far as you know, Rooke is human, right?"
DM: "Uh... yeah?" Angel says, then looks at Nanteu. "He hangs out with you most, but uh... Siara, she's human... isn't she?"
Siara tilts his head. "That's what's bothering me. Rooke's human, but she says she needs her kind, implying that she's NOT human and mistook Rooke for whatever she is."
DM: ( )
Siara: (Hey Kitt, do specific races have particular scents?)
DM: (Some do.)
DM: (You sniffing as Siara or Raiden?)
Siara puzzles over the issue for a moment, then looks down at Raiden. "Would you mind?"
Nanteu leans off the door, her head inquisitively tilted as she watches the girl, though she also looks worried. "Do you know who you are? What.. you are?," she asks first.
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden: (She can answer first)
Siara: (Also, what is this Gollum nonsense? xD)
DM: (Gollum?)
Siara: (She's acting like Gollum. Fidgety, talking to herself, creeping around on all fours.)
DM: (Not on all fours...)
Nanteu: (Maybe her mind has been warped by an all powerful ring.)
Siara: (Well that's the impression I get anyways.)
Kyle: Kyle listens to all this and thinks the group is taking too long and unwilling to make the tough choices. He moves over to the locked door and begins kicking at it- "Rooke, ROOKE! You in there?! Tell ya what girl, you give us back Rooke and I won't steal your shineys, sound like a deal?" -He mind now focusing in on breaking the door down, even to the point of using his hatchet to wedge inbetween the lock and door and pry it open.
DM
The girl stares at Nanteu a moment, again stopping to stand still. Her fingertips are still poised at her lips, her teeth halfway through ripping a nail piece off, but she stops and considers the questions. "Cr-... I know what I am, and who I am. It's no business of yours!" And suddenly, she seems quite normal, her hands moving to clench at her sides. "Why do they all insist upon getting in my head? I am not some toy to be fixed! Nor a tool!" Then she reverts to the rather insane version of herself once more, this time moving towards the locked door as if to stand protectively in front of it while Kylle kicks at it and yells.
"Stop! No!" She grabs Kyle's arm and tries to pull him away from the door. "Creta's room!"
Nanteu jumps forward and runs over, grabbing for a hold on one of her arm's to try and pull her away from Kyle.
Kyle: "Out of the way, I got lives to save.. Siara, girls.. would please hold her down or tie her up.. Just intill I see who this Creta is.
Siara hangs his head. "Kyle, for someone so smart... At least we know where Rooke might be now." He snorts and goes for the door. "You're the womanizer, you deal with her. I'll deal with the door."
Siara: (Door is wood or not?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (Yes, and thick.)
DM: As Nanteu grabs ahold of the girl's arm, she spins and slams her fist into Nanteu's face. (Take 7 damage.) She then moves forward and latches onto Kyle, trying to bite his arm.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (Allowed to Warp Wood EX to blow it off the hinges?)
Kyle: "Maybe one of you two girl wouldn't mind to read her thoughts, or charm the little wild child?"
DM: (Miss)(Yep)
Nanteu stumbles away and lands softly on her side, then sits up, grimacing and rubbing around her nose. "Why am I the one who always manages to get hit in the head?"
Kyle: (Guess I'll grabble her?)
DM: Angel offers Nanteu a hand up. "I don't know... but I think she's been hit in the head a few too many times."
DM: (Sure)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (whats your touch ac?)
DM: (12)
Kyle: (ehh I think it's a 8 so it's a miss)
DM: (Siara, doing anything?)
Siara: (w)
Nanteu takes Angel's hand in her own and pulls herself to her feet. "I think so too.."
Kyle: (Just me or does this girl remind you a bit of Tiny Tina? SHea )
DM: (Tiny Tina?)
Nanteu: (Hah. Now that you mention it, sorta, yeah)
Siara sidesteps quickly as the girl takes a swing at Nanteu, baring his teeth. "Alright, now I'm getting pissed." Raiden's bolt pattern glows as their link surges with power, illuminating his eyes with green light once more and bringing the large magic halo into existence behind him once more. ( http://puu.sh/1KKWG ) He reaches out and lightly brushes his hand against the door, leaving a long green streak on it. It pulses brightly for a second, then disappears as the door more or less implodes, shattering inwards into a small but dense spiky wooden ball. "One down." Picking the spherical remains of the door up and balancing it in his palm, he holds it out towards the girl, ready to use it again. "Calm yourself and stand back, or it'll be two down."
Siara: (Four slots left on Warp Wood EX)
DM: (How heavy are you, Siara...?)
Nanteu: (I think she's gonna try and Judo your ass)
Siara: (136)
DM: (Which to choose, which to choose...?)
Siara: (Grapple me. I dare you.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (Was that to grapple?)
DM: (Nope, checking something...)
DM: (Do a will save, Siara)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (19)
DM: (Bother, pass)
Siara: (If it was a sleep spell, auto fail because immunity. Against an enchant, would have been 21)
Kyle: (Shea poofed)
DM: The girl's head tilts and she stares at you for a long, long moment, no fear in her eyes quite suddenly. They seem calm, focused... She puts her hand out as if to stroke the air - you feel a little... friendly just for a split second, but the feeling passes and she withdraws her hand from the air. She then smiles - a dark and dangerous smile. "Bring it, elf."
DM: (Noooo!)
DM: (Maybe we should stop for the night with Shea gone and Kitt's time almost up?)
Siara: (Seems like a good place to call it.)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 am by BinaryMelody

Check, one two~

Spoiler:

Ze items!?

Spoiler:
SIARA - Health potions, gold earring, warhammer (obsolete), note, ribbon (currently in his hair), satchel of wild berries, three small daggers lining his cloak, tail of Gnoll and ornamental wooden tail band (both now attached), Windwater Key, Windwater Property Note, 10 bone and ivory statuettes, one white goo (Marble, currently resides in his scythe), Crystal Spider's fang, Crystal Spider's eye x2, satchel of crystal chips and satchel of crystal powder (collected from same spider as fang and eyes)

Raiden, his animal companion
Spoiler:
Size/Type: » Medium Animal (husky-type riding dog)
Hit Dice: » 4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: » +2
Speed: » 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: » 19 (+3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: » +1/+4
Attack: » Bite +4 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: » Bite +4 melee (1d6+4)
Space/Reach: » 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: » —Trip (Ex): A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+4 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.
Special Qualities: » Low-light vision, Scent, Evasion, Link, Share Spells
Saves: » Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: » Str 16, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: » Jump +9, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +4, Survival +1
Feats: » Alertness: +2 to awareness for Raiden and Siara when they're close to each other
Track: +4 racial bonus to Survival checks when tracking by scent

Share Spells (Ex): At the druid’s option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the time of casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the animal companion if the companion moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the animal again, even if it returns to the druid before the duration expires. Additionally, the druid may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid and her animal companion can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion’s type (animal).

Evasion (Ex): If an animal companion is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.


Last edited by BinaryMelody on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 am by Ikitt

Kyle Green CS
Spoiler:

Equipment & Gear
Spoiler:
KYLE's INVENTORY Flint & Steel , 50ft of Rope, two bear traps, two light cross bows, 1 ration left , 2 bells, longbow, 40 arrows, 20 bolts, bedrolls, bear's hide, belt pouch, 3 grappling hooks, chain shirt, handaxe, dagger, whetstone, water skin, 30 y/o wine bottle, blue cloak, oil and lantern, Windwater Hall lock, acid flask, fire flask, ornate gold dagger, jet gold ring, gold amethyst necklace, unread book, Dark Red Monster Lore Book


Last edited by Ikitt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 am by Kate Orchix

CLETA'S DIARY

The book appears to be a journal, old and dusty and probably not used for a very long time. As you open the pages, you find the first entry to be in a messy, scrawling script as if a child had written in it. As the pages progress, the writing neatens, almost as if with the author’s age. However, the last few pages are chaotic and messy, like the child’s, but… more insane.

The First Entry:

I found this big book in the old part of the temple. It was blank and I knew where ink was, so I thought maybe I could write in it. It would be fun. I could be an author, like the people that wrote all those books in the libraries. I could make big adventures and stories and be famous. Maybe I can just write in this to document what I do.
My name is Cleta, daughter of Alberaan and Sindriol, parents I have never known. My uncle raises me. He is a good kind, but misunderstood, I think. He acts crazy and runs everywhere. He doesn’t stay put for long, he’s always busy, but he showed me how to read and write in many languages. He showed me how to do maths. I’m very smart because he’s very smart. He tells me I would be like him one day, when the Voices of the Masters reach my ears, I will be enlightened. I don’t know what he means.
He never lets me past the study. I know there is something there, hidden. He just won’t tell me what. He goes into the study when he says he’s leaving, then returns with food and water. Sometimes he leaves for days, leaving me alone. I’m lonely, I’d like friends. I’ve never had friends, but I have read about what friends do for each other in the big books in the libraries.
I can hear Uncle returning. If he can keep his secrets, I can keep mine! You are my secret, little book!

Second Entry:

It’s strange how one can forget something that seemed so important once upon a time. Five years ago, I thought this little book would be my constant companion and I would write in it until its pages were full. I just discovered it lodged between two shelves in the library, in the secret compartment I created to keep secrets in. I’ve added some more things to that compartment, and this book will stay in my room now.
Uncle is dying. I have been tending to him the past few days, but he is not getting better. He speaks only in the Old Tongue, his eyes roll, and he changes all the time. I had to move him to the old dining hall so he would not tear the walls apart… even then, it is risky. He slammed the wall above the doors to the old part of the temple and rocks fell from the ceiling and jammed up the door. I will not be able to move them until I am stronger, but I know there is another entrance somewhere on the surface to reach the old parts. I can hear Uncle breathing… I do not believe there will be anything left of the hall’s furniture when he is done.
He speaks of the Masters, warns me to find the Book of the Creators and to save myself. I do not know what he means, and he knows I cannot leave this place without his help. The dryads will not let me leave, they say I am a… ‘servant’ of the Masters. I am not strong enough to defy them just yet, so I will have to find another way out. There is a door which Uncle says leads to the surface, just off the room with the piano, but I do not have the key… and again, frustratingly enough, I am not strong enough to shove it down.
There must be a way out through the study. I know Uncle will die very soon, and I must find a way to bury his body. The Old Hall may be the only place that will take him… I will take up the stone floor and bury him beneath it. Deeper, if I can.

Third Entry:

Uncle is dead and buried beneath the Old Hall. I made the floor as flat as I could again, but there is still a slight dip in the stones… I wouldn’t step there. I believe if I were to place too much weight, I might fall straight through.
I went to the study. I searched everything, pulled everything out, opened everything, and I found a book in the bookshelf that wouldn’t come off the shelf. I pulled it on several different angles, and finally, it started something. I had to step aside as the large book case swung open. I stepped onto a straight staircase that went steeply downwards.
What I found at the bottom was unbelievable. It awakened something within me that I had never felt before. A desire for more than what I had and owned. I had never seen so much gold in my life, and not just gold, but gems and stones and jewellery and blades and armor and all sorts of fascinating, beautiful pieces of art. I still find it all quite mind-boggling, but it is expected… it is within our kind’s nature to find beauty in hoards of these things.
I looked through it all for so long. In fact, I am sitting in a heap of gold as I write this… it’s surprisingly not as comfortable as most people would think it to be. I might just bring a chair down here and enjoy it all from a nice, cushioned seat… There, now I have my seat.
I miss Uncle already, but I knew this day would come. Gold and riches will not feed me, so I must leave. I found a way out. Beyond this room, there is a tunnel that goes up… I dare not to venture out just yet. I am afraid. Uncle always said the surface was dangerous, that beasts roamed the jungle and beach, that the seas were full of monsters that would kill a small thing like me. But still, I am alone now. I must leave, or face starvation.

Fourth Entry:

I killed one of the beasts. It was bigger than me and cried as I tore it, and it made me feel sick. I do not like this, and I do not see how Uncle could have done such things, even to survive. I fear that I will die on this island, alone. These beasts carry weapons made of sticks and stones, they are afraid of me, and I of them. They walk on two feet, like those creatures depicted in the art on the walls inside the temple. It tried to speak to me in its tongue, but I had hurt it, so I put it out of its misery.
I am seated at the top of the mountain now, but I ate my kill down on the beach. I can see its companions even now mourning its death, their distant little figures bent over in agony. I do not like this. I do not want to cause pain, even if it is to beasts that could be any of those races in the libraries’ books. I will have to kill again in a few hours, and the thought sickens me, but I must survive.

Fifth Entry:

It has been four years since my first kill. Now, I am without prey. I finished them all off, one-by-one over the years, and the hunger drives me mad. I feel almost relieved they’re all gone, but I know if I don’t find new meat, I will die.
I cannot explain it, but the gold makes me hungrier. I wish I had someone to explain many things to me, but all I have is one library and a treasure room full of gold that I cannot show to a soul… because the only souls around here are the ones that disappear once their hosts end in my belly.
Macabre humor, I know. I do not like my existence here. Perhaps it is time to search for what I mentioned in the book all those years ago. The Masters, and the Book of the Creators are something Uncle never spoke of before his death. The Masters, he mentioned, I suppose, but he never went into great detail. The only thing I assume is that they were responsible for his insanity. Enlightenment, I believe, means that they destroyed his mind. Whoever they are.

Sixth Entry:

I found something in the treasures. It was a bone statue of one of the beasts – the ones with pointed ears. Accidentally, I bumped it while searching about, and it fell and shattered on the ground – it had been glued back together before, I realized. But a white orb fell from it and rolled across the floor. I ran after it – it sparkled so – and picked it up.
Voices spoke and whispered about me. They told me I was theirs, that I would hold their secrets and be a vessel for their prophecies. I asked the voices who they were, and they told me they were the Masters. I laughed at them, and they laughed back. They told me that they used to hold great magic, but they knew their deaths would take their power from them… so they bound themselves to inanimate objects, waiting for the right circumstances to come and free them. I believed them to be demons and threw the orb. It shattered on the floor and I have not touched the pieces since.
But still, I hear them. Just whispers, nothing I can truly hear, but there was one voice. It was a female voice, and it warned me. It told me I was falling into the trap that so many others had fallen into before me. That I should find the Book of the Creators and rescue myself before I became like my Uncle. I asked her who she was, and she told me she was a descendant of Sindriv, like myself.
I scoured the one library here in this section of the temple, but could find no trace of this Book of the Creators, or any mention of the Creators. I fear that it may be in the part of the temple that is unaccessible due to Uncle’s violent death throes. I cannot find the entrance on the surface, but I have managed to pass the dryads without getting them riled up… word puzzles, amazing. Once I had left and returned, they never bothered me again… but one cried to me, screamed that she must be free, then returned into her tree. I do not know what to make of this.
Could it be that my whole life, I have been locked away? That everything on this island is a prisoner of something? Of these… Masters? I feel a great desire to leave this island, but I have no way of doing so. I cannot change to a greater beast yet, only the beasts that I killed… I cannot find any larger beasts.
I discovered fishing. It is boring and tiresome, but I should have done this from the beginning. I would not have had to kill those beasts, or try and eat the gold… the digestive process was disgustingly horrific. I will never do that again while I am sane!
I should not speak of sanity so freely. While I search for this book, I fear that the voices will drive me mad. I cannot find what I seek, they taunt me and tease me, insult me, and order me about. I will not fall to their sway, I will fight them until I find this book!

Seventh Entry:

I’m drunk. It’s awesome. Crystal spiders keep coming in through the study when I leave the door open. They’re fun to kill… I ate one.

Eighth Entry:

They do not speak anymore. They wait in silence, they watch. They see everything. I am a pawn, like in a game of chess. I go where I am placed, I do what I can to survive, but sometimes, it is not enough…
Sanity is a dream, I know I have gone mad. But I refuse to believe it, if anyone were to ask me, I’d say they were the mad one! Cleta, Cleta, Cleta, the noise is so great, the person you have become so innocent and sweet. What do they fear from a small little thing like you?
Who are they? Whom do I speak of? I ramble and I do not know why I do such things. I speak in the Old Tongue, the tongue of the Creators, but how do I know this? It was them on the walls, the smudged out walls with the dead. It hurts. I vomit acid, it eats the fish for me. I am not happy.

Ninth Entry:

Books. Trees. Wood. Nails. Fingers. Claws. Meat. Fish. Water. Sea. Sky. Flight. Birds. Death. All the birds are dead. I think Cleta killed them, or it was something I did that did it that killed them, or something that did it did Cleta that did it all and did something else that I did not do but did not know how to do in the first place.
Cleta is like Uncle now. She does not hear voices anymore, but it is still difficult to think. I cannot think. Cleta bears the burden of the races upon her. Cleta thinks in the voices of those past. Cleta takes form of the Masters’ toy, they think it is funny, I think. She thinks. Masters’ toy, a human. If she was the Masters’ toy, then were they not human? Human, beasts, so alike… I, Cleta believes them the same.
Desires reach up, reach up from the gold. Poetic lines cross her mind. All that is here is rather old. But there, now, there is nothing to find. Rhyming is a bore, but it is a chore that must be done, evil at the core. Scritch scratch.
Cleta scents beasts even beyond the seas. But not just beasts, but other things too. Her own kind, she wants them. The males, they are tantalizing. Their scents are different from the females. The males might near here one day, might continue.

Tenth Entry:

There is one scent. It drives Cleta mad. All thoughts focused on the scent. It is a scent of the future, of a continuation. She sits on the mountain peak and waits, and only returns to look at the treasures or write on paper. This book does not have all the writings. The writings are in the Old Tongue, words that spill forth without thought or reason.
The male is out there somewhere, she can tell. I know very well that it is natural for my kind to want this, but the manner of it is so barbaric she cannot understand. The desire to mate, to breed, to raise, to fly, to soar, to fall, to live, to die. ‘Tis foolish, she knows. She knows she is not prepared, yet even now…
His scent comes ever nearer. And now the world is changed. The seams torn and flapping loose in the wind, the corners free and open to a painter’s delicate touch to canvas. The caressing of a brush over landscape, of bristles reaching into beasts’ lives, they are called elves, are they not? Elves, men, dwarves, orcs, and other things… they are in the books, the beasts. The book of beasts. And they are confused, but not like me. I am lost, and they do not know it.
How is he to find me if he does not know I am lost? But he comes nearer and nearer, all the same… all the time…
I will swim to find him. This madness drives her from her home, animal desires rushing through her veins. She would risk herself to the ocean, alone, to find this one of her kind. He will fight her, she can sense it, he is wild and free, unconfined, crass, but with the appearance of a cultured male… I see him now in my dreams. I will take him here, keep him confined until he will take me as she is. An Ancients’ Dragon like himself.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 am by Kate Orchix

Session 28 (11th January, 2013)

!IKITT! changed name to Kyle
Kate
As Nanteu grabs ahold of the girl's arm, she spins and slams her fist into Nanteu's face. (Take 7 damage.) She then moves forward and latches onto Kyle, trying to bite his arm.
Kyle: "Maybe one of you two girl wouldn't mind to read her thoughts, or charm the little wild child?"
Nanteu stumbles away and lands softly on her side, then sits up, grimacing and rubbing around her nose. "Why am I the one who always manages to get hit in the head?"
Angel offers Nanteu a hand up. "I don't know... but I think she's been hit in the head a few too many times."
Nanteu takes Angel's hand in her own and pulls herself to her feet. "I think so too.."
Siara sidesteps quickly as the girl takes a swing at Nanteu, baring his teeth. "Alright, now I'm getting pissed." Raiden's bolt pattern glows as their link surges with power, illuminating his eyes with green light once more and bringing the large magic halo into existence behind him once more. ( http://puu.sh/1KKWG ) He reaches out and lightly brushes his hand against the door, leaving a long green streak on it. It pulses brightly for a second, then disappears as the door more or less implodes, shattering inwards into a small but dense spiky wooden ball. "One down." Picking the spherical remains of the door up and balancing it in his palm, he holds it out towards the girl, ready to use it again. "Calm yourself and stand back, or it'll be two down."
The girl's head tilts and she stares at you for a long, long moment, no fear in her eyes quite suddenly. They seem calm, focused... She puts her hand out as if to stroke the air - you feel a little... friendly just for a split second, but the feeling passes and she withdraws her hand from the air. She then smiles - a dark and dangerous smile. "Bring it, elf."
Kate changed name to DM
DM: (Well... someone say something. I need to go loo. brb!)
Kyle: (Sorry Kate have to deal for a second, Syndra Q -> Q -> Q -> W reset 1st Q -> Q enemy -> W enemy -> R -> 7 Balls of Death)
Siara: (Ohhhhhh)
Siara: (That)
Siara: (You want to say anything before I go nuts on this chick?)
Kyle: (nope)
Nanteu joined the chat
Siara: (Welcome back /o/ )
Nanteu: (Thanks ._. )
DM: (back!)
DM: (Kitt, FB for a second after your round?)
Kyle: (I got rounds and stuff)
Siara shakes his head slowly. "I'm sorry for this. You're a very lovely girl... So much potential, but you locked yourself in a hole in the ground." He sighs heavily, a touch of sadness spiking into the air, before addressing the party. "You go check out the room, see if Rooke and our gear is in there. I'll keep our crazy girl entertained." He glances to the side, catching Kyle's eye with a smirk. "If you find my staff, be a dear and bring it out here to me, would you? I wouldn't want to blow the whole place up while we're still in it..."
DM
The girl looks at the others, shaking her head frantically. While there is a desire to fight in her eyes, it does not seem to be... vicious. She doesn't want them to go past the door, she wants to protect her home and to keep Rooke from them. She looks at Siara, seeing him as the problem in this situation.
Angel is still holding the book that Kyle handed her and subtly presses it back into his hands - along with the items he put down so the girl would not get upset. "Maybe they'll help us somehow," she murmurs in his ear before drawing her longsword. She can sense the fighting coming between Siara and the girl, and knows it would be best if she defended herself... especially considering that impressive right hook that was landed in Nanteu's face earlier.
DM: (Just so you know... the book is readable, in Common, and I bothered to write 10 entries for it. xD IGNORE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!)
Nanteu: (dinner, sorry. keep going)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (Okay)
Siara shifts his gaze back to the girl. He tries to keep himself neutral for the time being, a clear but unprovoked threat until she makes the first move, but he can barely hide his surprise as he starts reading the girl's body and facial signals. "How strange." He crosses his arms, keeping a firm grip on the spiky door-ball and refusing to drop the halos of light surrounding him. "You see me as a threat, but I don't feel true malice from you. It's... Concern?" He tilts his head. "What's your story? Why do you want us to stay away from Rooke so badly?"
DM: "He's... he's mine!" The girl says, her eyes moving to the door that Siara has bashed open, the stairs moving downwards into some room. An emotion you cannot read crosses her face and she whimpers for a moment, then snarls aggressively, almost like a dog trying to warn intruders away. "Cleta must keep him! And you must go! If you stay, he may leave, Cleta will be... alone. The last of them..." She looks like she's on the verge of tears, but does not give into them. (Reflex, Siara.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara: (...well then.)
DM: (You don't fall backwards down the stairs in that case when she does what she's about to do...)
DM: The girl leaps at you, but you do not react in time to swat her away... still, it seems that hurting you was not her intention. She used you as a... ladder, up to the ceiling. Her hands and feet grasped the ceiling, clinging without effort, and she clambered off across the ceiling, down the corridor, and out of sight in a flash!
Siara sinks low to brace himself against her impact, then watches her go. "Well that was rather... haphazard."
DM: Angel slowly blinks. "So... not human. Got it."
Kyle: "I got to say, she got's some interesting skills.. We should follow her though, before she has her way with Rooke any longer. I'm getting the feelin the gurls name is Cleta, and she's speaking in third person. Let's try not to hurt the poor girl if we don't got to."
Kyle: Nods toward Angel- "Hey check that book some, maybe it'll give us a few clues what may be down there."
Siara looks at Kyle. " "If we don't have to" is a fairly tall order, given that she's so desperate for Rooke. But if you insist..."
DM: Angel takes the book and opens it, starting to read it from the beginning. "Uhm, it's a diary... ten entries. Must be hers... do you want me to read it out? It doesn't go on that long..."
Siara nods slowly, closing his eyes to listen and let his senses expand again.
Kyle: Wavers his hand in the air- "Ya, go on.."
DM
The book appears to be a journal, old and dusty and probably not used for a very long time. As you open the pages, you find the first entry to be in a messy, scrawling script as if a child had written in it. As the pages progress, the writing neatens, almost as if with the author’s age. However, the last few pages are chaotic and messy, like the child’s, but… more insane.
The First Entry:
I found this big book in the old part of the temple. It was blank and I knew where ink was, so I thought maybe I could write in it. It would be fun. I could be an author, like the people that wrote all those books in the libraries. I could make big adventures and stories and be famous. Maybe I can just write in this to document what I do.
My name is Cleta, daughter of Alberaan and Sindriol, parents I have never known. My uncle raises me. He is a good kind, but misunderstood, I think. He acts crazy and runs everywhere. He doesn’t stay put for long, he’s always busy, but he showed me how to read and write in many languages. He showed me how to do maths. I’m very smart because he’s very smart. He tells me I would be like him one day, when the Voices of the Masters reach my ears, I will be enlightened. I don’t know what he means.
He never lets me past the study. I know there is something there, hidden. He just won’t tell me what. He goes into the study when he says he’s leaving, then returns with food and water. Sometimes he leaves for days, leaving me alone. I’m lonely, I’d like friends. I’ve never had friends, but I have read about what friends do for each other in the big books in the libraries.
I can hear Uncle returning. If he can keep his secrets, I can keep mine! You are my secret, little book!
DM
Second Entry:
It’s strange how one can forget something that seemed so important once upon a time. Five years ago, I thought this little book would be my constant companion and I would write in it until its pages were full. I just discovered it lodged between two shelves in the library, in the secret compartment I created to keep secrets in. I’ve added some more things to that compartment, and this book will stay in my room now.
Uncle is dying. I have been tending to him the past few days, but he is not getting better. He speaks only in the Old Tongue, his eyes roll, and he changes all the time. I had to move him to the old dining hall so he would not tear the walls apart… even then, it is risky. He slammed the wall above the doors to the old part of the temple and rocks fell from the ceiling and jammed up the door. I will not be able to move them until I am stronger, but I know there is another entrance somewhere on the surface to reach the old parts. I can hear Uncle breathing… I do not believe there will be anything left of the hall’s furniture when he is done.
He speaks of the Masters, warns me to find the Book of the Creators and to save myself. I do not know what he means, and he knows I cannot leave this place without his help. The dryads will not let me leave, they say I am a… ‘servant’ of the Masters. I am not strong enough to defy them just yet, so I will have to find another way out. There is a door which Uncle says leads to the surface, just off the room with the piano, but I do not have the key… and again, frustratingly enough, I am not strong enough to shove it down.
There must be a way out through the study. I know Uncle will die very soon, and I must find a way to bury his body. The Old Hall may be the only place that will take him… I will take up the stone floor and bury him beneath it. Deeper, if I can.
Third Entry:
Uncle is dead and buried beneath the Old Hall. I made the floor as flat as I could again, but there is still a slight dip in the stones… I wouldn’t step there. I believe if I were to place too much weight, I might fall straight through.
I went to the study. I searched everything, pulled everything out, opened everything, and I found a book in the bookshelf that wouldn’t come off the shelf. I pulled it on several different angles, and finally, it started something. I had to step aside as the large book case swung open. I stepped onto a straight staircase that went steeply downwards.
What I found at the bottom was unbelievable. It awakened something within me that I had never felt before. A desire for more than what I had and owned. I had never seen so much gold in my life, and not just gold, but gems and stones and jewellery and blades and armor and all sorts of fascinating, beautiful pieces of art. I still find it all quite mind-boggling, but it is expected… it is within our kind’s nature to find beauty in hoards of these things.
I looked through it all for so long. In fact, I am sitting in a heap of gold as I write this… it’s surprisingly not as comfortable as most people would think it to be. I might just bring a chair down here and enjoy it all from a nice, cushioned seat… There, now I have my seat.
I miss Uncle already, but I knew this day would come. Gold and riches will not feed me, so I must leave. I found a way out. Beyond this room, there is a tunnel that goes up… I dare not to venture out just yet. I am afraid. Uncle always said the surface was dangerous, that beasts roamed the jungle and beach, that the seas were full of monsters that would kill a small thing like me. But still, I am alone now. I must leave, or face starvation.
Kyle: (Kate got spammed shut down by chatzy xD)
Siara: (Wouldn't doubt it)
DM joined the chat
DM: (Wah)
Siara: (Get spam-locked?)
DM yep (Again, too! No more big posts from me for a while, haha! I've posted the diary in a post in FoG... http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p30-eighty-percent#108036 )
DM: Angel finishes up and raises her eyebrows before closing the book. "So, uhm... what do you guys think?"
Kyle: (Even Chatzy will not tolerate your wall-of-text attacks!)
DM: (v.v)
Siara listens to the diary entries, puzzled. "Such a strange girl. What is she, exactly? A dragon or a changeling?"
Kyle: (I guess I'll read the rest while I wait on Shea)
DM: (Yup. xD)
Nanteu joined the chat
Siara: (That was a pathetic storm... Spend all day gusting and knocking stuff over, and then it just sprinkles.)
DM: (Hey... don't worry with that wall of text above, Shea! Just click the link and read from there. Read the little bit above the wall too!)
Nanteu: (Almost done)
DM: "A dragon, judging by that last line," Angel murmurs to Siara. "Unless she believes herself a dragon when really, she isn't... I've heard of a few people like that. My mother's sister believed she was a behemoth after a mind-altering spell was cast on her... bad things happened around her. Guhh..."
Siara looks up, opening his bright green eyes to look around the room they found her in. "Such a sad girl. She's been alone like this nearly her whole life. And the Masters are responsible for both the dryads and her..."
Kyle claps his hands together and stares at them intensely.- "Alright.. so we save the girl, bring the girl with us, get her mind all right again, and kill whatever demons are plaguing her. And of course save Rooke, and the dryads." he says, then moving to the door ready to plung deeper!
DM: (Let's wait for Shea to finish reading and put up a response. )
Kyle: (I';m about to round so ehh)
DM: (Round now!)
Kyle: (I can't remember we're trading wand every 30 mins. No exceptions!)
DM: (xD Ok)
Siara looks back to Kyle. "I don't know any spells to break mental enchantments like the one she's under. In the event that 'don't hurt her unless we have to' means dropping something heavy on her head to knock her out or try to restore her mind, please don't hate me too much."
Nanteu takes a fleeting look around the room - the way they came, as well as the space about them and the pieces of furniture and theings. A hand is resting against her right cheek, and she does not say anything as the others proceed to the door, she simply follows, as usual, and keeps her thoughts and feelings to herself for the moment. They are too strong.
Nanteu: (weird, quick post, but sorry it took so long. now brb again)
DM: (okay... this next post focuses on Siara, so lucky him!)
DM
You head through the door and down the stairs. You enter into a massive hall. The ceiling surely must be at least 100 ft high, higher than the room is long. The room is lit by sconces built into the walls, all alight with fire and crackling softly. Perhaps it might have once been a large dining hall or meeting room, but there is no furniture here. The stone floor looks… a little mismatched. It might have once had an art decoration painted upon it, but the stones look like they have been rearranged. The floor is flat, incredibly so for a place that seems to sag with age. Art is painted upon the walls, most of the images of plants, the sky, and sea, like a great mural. Parts of the painting have been… destroyed somehow, with either chunks of the wall missing and crumbled on the floor, or seemingly washed away by some vile fluid.
There is a door to the far right, in the corner between the wall you are coming out from and the right wall. In the center of the right wall is a doorway left open – you can see stairs going upwards. Opposite that door, on the left wall, is a great pile of stone rubble, though you do see a hint of a door’s corner. It would take days to clear away that rubble, months without the proper tools.
In the very center of the room, you see a pile of crystal-like legs sprouting from a spider’s body. The spider appeared to be made of glass and crystal, a beauty to behold if not for the fact its body had been rent open by some thing or another. Upon closer observation, two objects tell the story of its death.
An ivory statuette, exactly like the ones Siara piled into his bag back in Windwater Hall’s basement, lies broken beside the creature’s head, obviously brought down with enough force to daze the creature. And stabbed deep within it… is Siara’s staff. The end with the crystal in it is imbedded deeply into the spider’s body…
Siara: (Well well well...)
Siara: (You know, that would have been awesome as hell to have a crystal spider mount.)
Siara: (w)
DM: (Sorry, it's dead...)
DM: (I also forgot to mention... to your direct right, there is another door in the same wall you're coming out of.)
Kyle: (So a total of 3 doors?)
DM: (One you're coming out of. One that's covered in rubble. One that you can into and see stairs going up. One that is just a door.)
DM: (*Can see into)
Kyle: (so.. 1 door and a flight of staris?)
DM: (4 doors!)
DM: (xD Uhmmm... MAP!)
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Kyle: (As you can tell I have trouble with words, and mentally picturing things. My bad)
Kyle: (so.. 2 doors, and the way we came in.)
DM: (It's okay. I made a map in case I couldn't describe it well enough, so you have a visual guide too... but now you know what's in that other door. xD Red lines mean entrances/exits. Green lines mean doors that cannot be opened by any normal means, and blue will mean secret.)
Siara slowly exits the stairwell, a mixture of shock and awe causing him to freeze in place as he spots the large crystalline spider, almost dropping the ball. "What in the name of Ehlonna...?" He motions for the party to hang back for the time being, then takes a second to look over it from afar before creeping closer, making sure it was entirely still. As he approaches, he allows the massive magic circle to dissipate back into his body so that he can inspect the remains without magic clouding his mind. "Such a beautiful creature, a magnificent find..." He runs his hands over the crystalline body, his eyes lighting up excitedly with a glint of Haze before darkening - his eyes lit over his staff. "And that is most definitely mine." Standing, he braces one foot against the spider and wraps his hands firmly around the staff, giving it a firm yank to release it from it's prismatic prison, a deep sigh and loud crack as the gem more than doubles in size, eating his Haze quickly. Blowing away the majority of shiny dust and shards that still clung to it, he makes a mental note to collect a sample of crystal from the spider before he leaves, staring at his reflection in its eyes while he looks over the head. He looks down farther as his foot knocks against something else near the spider's head, the remains of an ivory figurine. Reaching into his pack and feeling around the coils of rope, he manages to free one of the small statuettes that Kyle pilfered from Windwater Hall, comparing them. "It just doesn't add up... Hey guys, come have a look at this."
DM: (Reflex, Siara)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara: (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
DM: (Dammit!)
Nanteu: (Woo! Go Siara.)
Siara: (And there goes my karma for the week.)
DM: (You wait, boy... you just wait. You'll run out of 20s soon enough...)
DM: Siara, as you take down one of the statuettes in your bag, you feel your staff tremble just slightly. It goes still, then rattles in your hand most violently - you can see that around the edge of the stone that holds your haze, crystal fragments have clung to the wood. The violent shaking of the staff continues, threatening to jump from your hand.
Kyle: (Very nice, needs MOAR 20's)
DM: (xD Anyone doing awareness checks on that broken statuette?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (13)
Siara: (1/400 chance of that happening. 1/8000 of it happening again.)
DM: (Mmkay!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (Listen = 24, spot = 17)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara jumps slightly as the staff starts to shake in his hands, holding onto it even tighter so he doesn't lose it again. "What...!?"
DM: You all notice that within the fragments of the statuette, there is a small piece of black fabric. If it were not torn in two by one of the sharper pieces of the statuette, it would have been a nicely-made little pocket of sorts.
DM: Siara, the staff continues to tremble... then a soft, crystalline glow moves over the wooden staff, down towards your hands. As it makes its way along the wood, you see the wood harden and strengthen itself, changing form into crystal! If you do not move your hands, you may very well be stuck to it!
Kyle gives Siara a funny look keeping his distance as the crazy elf waved his staff all about like a mad man! - "Woah, what are you doing Siara, having a nervous magic fit or something? Awwh shit, Siara drop it! It's cursed!"
DM: Angel, having been looking at the statuette fragments in confusion, stares at Siara and takes a few steps back to keep out of range of whatever has possessed him. She readies herself for a spell, not certain which one to use right at this moment...
Siara 's eyes widen as he tracks the wave's progress down the staff. "Damn!" He quickly lets go of the staff and jumps backwards, quickly cycling through words in his mind to change the wooden sphere's shape again.
Nanteu shuffles back, from the staff as it drops to the ground. "What was that about?!"
Kyle: "Maybe something to do with that marble ya found back in Windwater Hall Angel.. Your not hearing voices from it are you?"
DM: The staff shakes and clatters on the stone ground, trembling and thrumming. The crystal-like glow spreads to the very end, encasing the whole staff... then the glow fades just a little as a glob of crystal-like, prismatic... Goo comes up out of the haze stone. It's little head 'bobs' for a minute... then it leaps from the staff like a fish jumping from water before abruptly merging back in with the staff. A massive crack booms throughout the room, a flash of light... and then a long, pointed blade abruptly grows from both the staff and the haze stone. A perfectly formed scythe lies there on the floor, and the glow fades.
DM: "No, I'm not," Angel said, then trailed off, staring at the weapon lying on the floor. "Siara... there something you're not telling us...?"
DM: (Stats for the scythe... I checked what your normal stats would be with this weapon, Siara, so this is a bit 'better'. Attack +6. Damage 2d4+3)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (WB?)
Kyle: (I love how you poof and come back randomly)
Nanteu: (Dunno what the hell it was that time. I just.. lost the tab. Sorry, and ty)
Nanteu: (I'm like a genie or something)
Siara readies the wooden ball in front of him, reactivating Warp Wood EX. "Not that I know of, no." With a heavy step, he crosses his forearms in an X shape in front of him as the staff flashes brightly, quickly reversing the compression and expanding it as a blast shield to protect against potential shrapnel. (Three spells left for EX) When the light fades, he unbars his arms and slowly peeks around the wooden shield. "Well that's handy..." Stepping around the shield, he picks up the staff-scythe, testing the new weight. Giving it a test swing, he quickly readjusts to the sensation of the staff, and begins swinging it around, wild and happy, laughing. "Oh yes, I could get used to this!"
DM: "But...?" Angel looks confused, glancing at Nanteu and Kyle before looking back to Siara. "Wasn't that Nanteu's...?" She frowns, then shakes her head, believing she was mistaken, but suspicious of the new scythe all the same... and Siara's enthusiasm.
DM: (Take note of those stats, Siara. I'm not keeping them. Might wanna put them in your CS spoiler. xD)
Nanteu moves around Siara, examining the staff. After a circle or two she just stops back in her original position, frowning at it, head tilted inquisitively with her owl eyes. "Goo did.. that?"
Siara: (Does this look about right for an update? http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
DM: (What do you mean?)
Siara: (Wrong link. http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
Siara: (Switch Warhammer with Scythe, Martial Weapon Proficiency to Scythe)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (like a 4)
DM: Angel looks at Nanteu with confusion. "But wasn't he a pink-green color? That one was like... crystal-colored and... and... stuff."
DM: (Yup, 'cept I gave you an extra +1 on attack on that. Keep a note of it. It's basically like saying you have Weapon Focus on the scythe.)
Siara: (Alright, will update in a moment. w )
Kyle: Searching the room, mostly the walls and junk and some of the rubble near the left wall,
DM: (Was that your roll?)
Nanteu shakes her head and sighs deeply, brushing both hands over face exasperatedly. "I have no idea.. I'm sick of not knowing anything!," she snaps.
DM: Kyle, as you search the walls and the rubble near the left wall, you find nothing of real interest. You do find a leg of a chair at the edge of the rubble, and it appears to have burns on it.
Siara taps the butt of the scythe against the wooden wall. "I don't know anything about what happened or why, honest to Ehlonna. I think the goo you saw was a part of the spider, and it decided to join with my staff since its previous host died. Not that I'm complaining..." He pulls one of the statuettes back out. "These have something to do with it. They're tiny, but it incapacitated a crystal spider. There must be something about them that creates a negative reaction in crystals."
Kyle tosses the leg off back into the stone rubble cleaning his hands off of the smut- "Whelp.. this place looks pretty broken up, I bet that's girls uncle did that before he croaked. Hmm.. Why don't you break one then Siara? Or try detecting magic on that marble that rolled out, that Angel has."
DM: Angel glances at Nanteu and presses her lips into a firm line before looking at Siara. "Can you try seeing if you can coax it out? Goo was an... alchemical fluke, so it's not possible there's another one around... unless someone got something wrong. Plus, I thought Goo couldn't... merge with objects?" She frowns at Kyle's suggestion and puts down her pack, searching for the marble.
DM: (Nanteu, don't be afraid to poke around, try finding stuff out, look for stuff, roll checks, all that sorta thing.)
Siara looks to Angel and Nanteu. "Not knowing is what makes an adventure so exciting though. We can check for magic in just a moment." He reaches over to Nanteu and taps her neck lightly, drawing his essence back to the surface and out of her body, placing it lightly in her hands when it's fully materialized. "He seems to like my energy, but Goo belongs to you. You do the honors." He balances the scythe in his hands between himself and Nanteu.
Nanteu looks at Siara, then moves her hand close to the scythe, the energy ball bobbing lightly against her palm. She watches, unsure, then moves it closer again, until she's almost touching the weapon.
DM: It takes a moment, but the goo moves from the weapon and it's head bobs at Nanteu for a few seconds. It's color has changed greatly, white and almost see-through. For a moment, it just studies Nanteu... then leaps the distance and into Nanteu's palm, merging into her hand. The feeling is foreign, spiky, and as the goo shoots through your body, Nanteu, you feel that this is not right. You feel energized, but feel like you're in another person's mindset. You are still yourself, no doubt, but the feeling is... different. Spikier, colder, not comforting or bouncy like Goo.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (-.-)
Nanteu: (Hm)
DM: (Kitt's on a round. Waiting on you guys!)
Siara nods as Goo leaves his staff. "He looks different. Think he's alright?" He sets the scythe on the ground near the spider's body, then lays out the statuettes nearby, beckoning to Angel to set down her marble with the items.
DM: Angel puts down her marble with the statuettes and looks at Nanteu as if to check if she's okay.
Nanteu shudders as goo melds into her body, though she catches the odd feeling immediately, but can only wait, and feel, to see what other changes may come. She blinks, then glances at Siara. "He's completely different.. Something's not right," she says, moving and twisting her arm lightly, examining the tone of her skin, how it feels when she moves it, as though her arm is not her own.
DM: The goo pops out of Nanteu's hand and peers at her for a moment, as if she is new to it. It considers her, then suddenly boings! from Nanteu's skin and splats on the ground. Rolling itself into a ball, it rolls its way to the scythe and slips into it, disappearing from sight.
DM: Nanteu, you see something different on your hand - the stub of a sixth finger. It disappears almost as soon as you spied it and a dull pain settles in your hand before fading.
Nanteu jumps at the sight of the 'extra finger', more so than the small jolt the goo gave her when shooting out of her. She shivers, then crosses her arms. "That was really weird.."
DM: Angel watched the whole thing and frowns before looking at Siara. "Whatever that crazy dragon-changeling thing did to Goo, he's changed... I'd be careful with him in your staff."
Siara listens to her, watching her for a moment before extending his hands like claws towards the items and the spider, a small black sphere sliding into existence in front of him, crackling with magic. "How so?" He steps backwards in surprise, the spell popping as he hears Goo splat onto the ground and creep back into his scythe. "There must be energy at work here that we can't feel normally." Extending his hands again, he builds the spell back up. The sphere crackles for another moment before hovering forward and expanding around the spider and items on the floor, enveloping them in a negative space. (Detect Magic. Do they all have magic?)
DM: The spider is very dead and has no magic. Strangely enough, your scythe doesn't... appear to have magic, but it does have a different feel to it than non-magical items. Each of the statuettes has the same echoing feeling... the marble is just a simple marble.
DM: (Reflex checks, everyone, including Raiden.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: ( ... )
Siara: (Siara 22, Raiden 18)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Oooh, you guys are outta luck... Kyle will have to hit a nat 20 if he wants to pass this.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (there ya go)
DM: (xD)
DM: (w)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (whatever it is I blame you Vex for taking all my 20's)
Siara: (Sorry xD)
Nanteu: (don't worry, you're not alone)
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: As everyone muses over the statuettes and the changes within the little creature that may or may not be Goo, nobody seemed to have been keeping an eye out for possible attacks... A shadow falls from the ceiling, landing on its hands and feet right behind Siara and leaping up to smash the elf in the back of his head while he is distracted. (Siara, take 6 damage from an unarmed attack from Cleta.)
DM: (Roll initative)
DM: (Raw rolls)
Siara rolls his eyes as the negative zone flashes sharply. "Well obviously there's magic somewhere in there, but where?" The negativity flashes again, but this time the statuettes and scythe flash in response. "Looks like there's something besides my link spell in my scythe... And there's something strange about the statuettes. They must create a negative reaction when they- Hngh!?" He yelps in surprise as something cracks over the back of his head, dropping to one knee with a cough.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (Cleta, Raiden, Kyle, Angel, Siara, Nanteu)
Siara: (Should we let Nanteu use an offsite roller?)
DM: (She'll... be okay. I'm sure!)
Nanteu: (... Yeah. And if I'm not, I'm coming for you.)
DM: (O.O)
Nanteu: (*head tilt*)
DM: (*backs away slowly...*)
Nanteu: (Oh man, I'm reminding myself of Chucky or something.)
Kyle: (dog why don't you use that trip attack you know >,> but never use)
Siara: (I've tried it twice, both times failed)
Siara: (So wait, it's Raiden's turn, right?)
DM: (Yup)
Raiden joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM
(Woo! I got theme music... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSnn-uo_Urw )
Raiden: (Trip check)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (reflex, isn't it?)
Siara: (I think so. Ask Kitt.)
Siara: (Opposing strength check)
Siara: (After a melee touch attack check)
DM: (Mmkay)
DM: (You succeed on an attack, so now we roll strength)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (21)
Siara: (Bleh, three times failed xD)
DM: (xD!)
DM: (Write it out!)
DM: (Then Kyle's turn, then Angel's turn, then Siara's turn, then Nanteu's turn, then onto round 2)
Raiden attempts to barrel under the girl and take out her legs, but he falters and can only nudge her slightly before making a hasty retreat to Siara's side.
Kyle: Snapping back to the action Kyle rushes the girl ready to do whatever it takes to restrain the poor sick girl. (grapple her?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle: (17 to hit her)
DM: (Miss)
DM: (Angel's turn...)
DM: (Oh wait... was that touch AC?)
Kyle: (I'm not sure I forgot how grapple works)
DM: (I reckon grapple should be touch... say you succeeded.)
Kyle: (ya that was touch)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (18 strength)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (FINE DICE GODS, WE WILL KILL HER THEN)
DM: (xD!!!)
Nanteu: (plz do)
Nanteu: (kidding. but do anyway.)
DM: As Kyle attempts to grapple the girl, she struggles with him for but a moment before slamming her hands into his chest and pushing herself away. Angel has her longsword drawn and moves towards the girl, preparing to strike.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Mmmmiss)
DM: (Siara, then Nanteu)
Kyle: (No offence but these are the times I wish I was a Wizard instead of a shitty fighter )
DM: (I bet you would be spamming magic missile 'cause there's no attack roll...)
Kyle: (nope all the charms in the world, or sleep, or web, or summon spiders..)
DM: (Eh... I'm going to DMingly lower her AC a little. It's a bit... difficult to reach with our bonuses. Even then, nobody hits her yet.)
Siara: (How exactly does that work? Do a hundred creatures each get a chance to attack?)
DM: (They attack as one being, as a swarm)
DM: (Your turn, Siara!)
Siara: (Oh, I didn't know that there was a collective for them. Serves me right for not doing me research properly.)
DM: (be back in a second...)
Siara: (Gah, one moment, need to look something else up again,..)
DM: (back)
Raiden: (Hey Kitt, for a cumulative damage spell, do you only roll one damage die and then add it each round?)
DM: (Nanteu, don't forget you have a shortbow! It may deal more damage than your dagger.)
Kyle: (Not sure what you mean bu cumulative. You talking like acid or fire?)
Siara: (I'm talking Creeping Cold. 1d6 on the first round, 2d6 on the second, 3d6 on the third. Do you roll once and apply it consecutively, or roll for all three rounds?)
Kyle: (roll each round)
DM: (can you do other actions in those rounds?)
Siara: (It's a fire-and-forget)
DM: (ahkay)
Kyle: (From what it sounds like it's a dot spell. SO ya, he cast it, does the D6, next round does the 2D6 and acts, ect)
Siara
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 3 rounds
Saving Throw: Fortitude half
Spell Resistance: Yes
You turn the subject's sweat to ice, creating blisters as the ice forms on and inside the skin.
The spell deals 1d6 cumulative points of cold damage per round it is in effect (that is, 1d6 on the 1st round, 2d6 on the second, and 3d6 on the third).
Only one save is allowed against the spell; if successful, it halves the damage each round.
Siara: (That's what confuses me, is the cumulative part.)
Kyle: (A.K.A a DOT spell, damage over time)
DM: (DO ET!)
Siara: (Basic DoT, alright then. I didn't know if it was a stacking DoT that scaled quadratic instead of linear)
Kyle: (round is coming up)
Raiden: (I'm not sure what Fort score you're aiming for though)
Siara: (Screw it, Thunderhead is so much easier to keep track of at this point. I'll do all my research in the morning.)
DM: (xD!!0
DM: (Shea, I'm gonna send you a message on RPGFO in a minute...)
Siara rubs at the back of his head tenderly, wincing as he feels a trickle of blood and locates the wound. Pressing against it for a moment to slow the blood flow, he picks up his scythe and stands slowly. "Alright... The gloves are coming off." Catching his balance, he turns and takes a wide swing at Cleta, sending a ripple of air towards her. On contact with her body, it dissipates harmlessly, but flows upwards over her, forming a small dark thundercloud crackling with energy.
DM: (Link me?)
Nanteu: (Kk)
DM: (sent!)
Siara: (Before I forget, are you going to roll the damage on each turn, or should I?)
DM: (What's going onnnn?)
DM: (you)
Siara: (I... posted.)
DM: (... where's the attack roll and damage?)
Siara: (Thunderhead, not Creeping Cold)
DM: (Then link me)
Siara: (Oh, I thought you already had it saved from last time)
DM: (No, I didn't save it)
Siara: ( http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/spells... )
DM: (Unblockable... okay. Small lightning bolts deal 1d6 electricity damage/round. Each bolt requires a successful Reflex save to negate.... eh, forget the reflex, just do the damage each turn. xD)
DM: (Nanteu's turn!)
Siara: (Each TURN? She'll be dead by round three.)
DM: (>.> Just do it...)
DM: (brb!)
Siara: (Oh, you mean each of my turns, not every turn that someone takes. I'm starting to slow back down, bear with me o.e )
Kyle: (I'm back but I got to go shave, my boss is replacing me this morning)
DM: (back, ok. ROll damage, Siara)
Nanteu: (should i have nan attack still?)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (Yep!)
DM: (3 all?)
DM: (Or you could try talking... whatever you like to do, Shea.)
Siara: (I think it's rolled each turn, like Creeping Cold)
DM: (ok)
Nanteu: (I don't think talking's gonna cut it xD)
DM: Cleta grunts as the first pang of pain shoots through her and she glances up angrily at the cloud above her with the little lightning bolts.
Siara grins malevolently as small sparks begin raining from the cloud. "Don't worry Cleta, we'll be done soon enough." He flips his scythe around, taking a powerful defensive stance.
Siara: (Turn finally over)
DM: (xD ALL THAT TIME!!!)
Siara: (We spent more time talking than I spent doing)
Nanteu: (I feel like I should've learnt something)
Siara: (A new spell? xD)
DM: (Don't worry! xD Nobody learnt anything much! It only matters if you're a sorcerer, wizard, or druid... but you're a bard. xD)
Siara: (There's probably a hundred spells that aren't listed on the source we're using.)
DM: (Now let's hurry it up! I think Kitt has ten more mins with us...xD)
Kyle: (I'm here sorry, hope my boss fixes the damn wand when he gets here)
DM: (FB for a min?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, good points xD)(Yay for ignorance!)
DM: (xD)
Siara: (One of these days I'm going to find a new resource and give everyone a list of potential spells that we've never used)
Kyle: Kyle scurries back taking a few moments to gather his wits, as he runs back over where the chair leg, picking it up and tries to sneak up behind Cleta!
Kyle: (What you want me to do?)
Kyle: (Cause I want to smack her in the back of the head with this chair leg)
Nanteu: (i might as well try to shoot her..)
DM: (Need Nanteu to take her turn, then Cleta, then Raiden, then to Kyle! xD)
Nanteu: (oh my god i forget how to roll anything.)
DM: ( /rolldie )
DM: ( /rolldie 20 )
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Nanteu: ( i shouldn't find that so funny but im dying)
DM: (xD!!! That's a miss)
DM: (I know your mod for your shortbow can't be higher than 6, so it's a definite miss.)
Nanteu: (that makes it even more hilarious!)
DM: (Oh well... write Nanteu shooting an arrow into the floor!)
DM: (Cleta's turn...)
Nanteu: (but that's just pathetic. and sad.
Nanteu: (but fine)
DM: (Shoot the wrong target! xD)
Nanteu shoots at the floor.
Nanteu: (good enough!)
Siara: (Oh gods, I woke the dogs up from laughing so hard)
Siara: ("Just shoot for the staaaaaaaaars~" -shoots the floor-)
Nanteu: (xD!)
DM: Cleta seems ticked off at the cloud above her, but chooses to ignore it and her eyes settle on Siara. Seeing as he's the only who's harmed her, she decides that he's the biggest threat. She stares at him for a moment, then balls her fists, moving to attack him with both of them in a combined attack.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Hum... misses both!)
DM: (Raiden!)
Siara steps to the side easily, flicking the tip of the scythe upwards to clip her chin. "Come on, surely you can do better than that..."
Raiden bares his teeth as Cleta tries to hit Siara, opening his jaws wide...
Raiden: (Bite)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Nanteu: (nom)
DM: (Miss!)
DM: (xD! Kyle's turn!)
Raiden: (Super miss xD Yeah, my karma is totally shot from double 20s)
Raiden misjudges the distance between his face and Cleta's shin, snapping his jaws shut inches from her leg.
Kyle comes charging out of the darkness with the chair leg high above his head, ready to try and knock some sense in the girl!
Nanteu: (They drain you of all that's good.)
Nanteu: (mental imagery, ahaha.)
Kyle: (Chraging is -2 AC for a turn and +2 damage)
DM: (okay)
Kyle: (anychance I got a flanking form Raiden or Siara?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (If you're coming from behind the girl, sure.)
DM: (Also, I think that's a hit...)
Siara: (Raiden's on her front-left, Siara in front of her, so behind and to the right.)
Kyle: (17 + BA 4 + Str 2 + 2 flank = 25!)
Kyle rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM: (That hits her normal AC! So it hits her lowered AC I have her in... roll damage!)
Kyle: (take 7 damage )
DM: (total damage taken= 10)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss for Angel. Siara's turn then Nanteu!)
DM: Angel attempts to slice at Cleta, but the girl reeled to the side with Kyle's attack, holding her head, and Angel's blade slices downwards to clunk against the stone ground.
Siara licks his lips and snaps his fingers as the cloud triggers once more, sending another small shock through Clerta.
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Siara: (A very small shock indeed.)
Siara "Hmm, why so tense? Relax... And tilt your head back a bit for me..."
Nanteu: (That's like.. not even a zap xD)
DM: (Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (Gah!)
DM: (Maybe try casting?)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Nanteu: (Oh.)
Nanteu: (I'm shooting another arrow!)
DM: (... or go for it? xD What's your mod?)
Siara: (And there go the dogs again.)
Nanteu: (+3)
Siara: (Also, I didn't realize we were playing it like Thunderhead takes his action, but it's fine either way.)
DM: (... sorry. NOOOOOO. xD One point off from Cleta's AC!)
Nanteu: (fddgcj)
DM: (... Oh, sorry, didn't think about it.)
DM: (I thought it happened automatically along side it... quickly add in your action!)
Siara: (Attack roll!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara facefaults before doing jack
Nanteu: (wait, what? so did it hit? xD)
Siara: (NANTEUUUUUUUU)
DM: (No, sorry Shea...)
Nanteu: (AHHHHWAHHHT)
DM: (Cleta's turn!)
Siara: (You stole my good roll xD)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu shoots at the ground. Again.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Nanteu: (sorry, Vex xD)
Nanteu or might as well have.
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: Cleta swings at Siara again with two fists, but only one connects, the other smacking into the scythe and doing no damage. However, the one that connects manages to smack Siara firmly in the chest. (Take 6 damage.)
Kyle: (taking 6 got it)
DM: (Just Siara!!!)
DM: (Raiden, Kyle, Angel, Siara, Nanteu)
Raiden: (Another bite!)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Siara: (I think 17)
DM: (Miss)
DM: (Kyle!)
Kyle: (don't forget your flanking, 19)
Siara: (What in the world?)
Siara: (Oh, right, 19 then)
DM: (1 off. Still a miss)
Siara: (Got it)
DM: (Siara, you've had 13 damage taken, how's your hp?)
Kyle keeps the leg chair tightly in hand, ready to bash at her again!
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (Must be a miss)
Kyle: (>,> 16)
Kyle: (No one has a Charm spell? Sleep? Fireball?)
Siara: (12)
Siara: (I have Produce Flame, Rolling Flame, Fire Trap and Flame Blade, but I doubt Charm Person would work if I had it. She's too hellbent on killing me.)
Nanteu: (I have Lullaby and Sleep, but they'd affect everyone)
Siara: (I'm going to look up more spells in the morning)
Nanteu: (If everyone's will saves fail, i mean)
Siara: (I'm immune to sleep by default because elf)
DM: (Gimme a moment...)
Nanteu: (Oh yeah. Forgot that..)
DM: Angel is getting increasingly frustrated with all this beating around the bush and gives up with the blade, resorting to magic. She attempts to Charm Cleta.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (-.- Forget it. xD(
Siara: (And fails.)
DM: (I think Kitt's gone for the night...?)
Kyle: hey
Kyle: Net is being wonky as hell
DM: (Oh, ok. xD)
DM: (I thought you'd had to get off)
Kyle: I do
Nanteu: (Tonight's just not a good night. For anyone.)
Kyle: Just wanted to say good night you guys and everyone
Siara grunts as the blow hits, then looks up with a dark gleam in his eyes. "Much better. It's no fun if you just roll over and die, right!?" He presses a hand to his chest, reaching deep into leaf and loam for restorative energy. (Cure Moderate)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (Okay, goodnight! Catch you later?)
Siara: (Full health)
Kyle: also yuou roll anything Angel, she rolls a will save and thats it, Spell like charm auto hit
Kyle: (dont roll)
DM: (Oh, okay, I get it... still wouldn't ahve worked. xD)
Kyle: (Angel's caster lvl 4 + Cha mod +1? +10 = 15 Will save needed )
DM: (Roll your damage for Cleta, Siara.)
Siara lets out a deep sigh as he feels the wound in his head close and the bruise fade from his chest, standing gently. "Also... Boom~♥" He winks and takes a step back as the storm cloud strikes again.
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: (Hm, okay, nice! Still... wouldn't have worked. xD)
Siara: (Wow, two 1s?)
DM: (... Siara, seriously!? A PIDDLY 1!?)
Siara: (Hey, unless you want me to reroll, you get to keep your NPC for now >.> )
DM: (... I think I'm gonna be able to keep her forever at this rate. xD Nanteu!)
Siara: (I could stack more of them. :3 )
Nanteu: (Wha? Am I attacking?)
DM: (Doing whatever ye like!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Nanteu: (Ugh. That was shooting, again. )
DM: (Maybe you should try a Charm person next round...)
Nanteu: (I don't really want to risk failing at anything else atm)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: (.. But I probably will anyway '>>)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Angel and Nanteu both stack Charm person until something hits and I'll chase off the storm cloud so it doesn't snap her out of it)
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: Cleta spins upon Kyle seeing as he is the other person that hurt her and slams a fist into his ribs. (TAKE 6 DAMAGE, KYLE!)
DM: (And there... we should probably stop and see how this pans out tomorrow!)
Nanteu: (Alrighty - should give Vex's plan a shot then, too.)
DM: (Yup! Good idea...)
DM: (Anyhow, I'll catch you lot later! I wanna go have a bath. Tomorrow?)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 29 (18th January 2013)

DM: (Did you guys keep track of HP? Kyle is currently 28, I know. Nanteu I think is just six points off from her top hp, and I know Siara was hit the most but never remembered his hp...)
DM: (Do et, Kitt! And yes, Raiden's turn.)
Siara: (Back to full health because Cure Moderate)
DM: (Oh, that's right)
Nanteu: (Nan lost 7, thats all I remember)
Siara: (Before I start, where is everyone in relation to Cleta and Raiden?)
Siara: (Is there still a flanking opportunity?)
DM: (Angel is... I'd say to Cleta's left back)
Nanteu: (I got no idea where I am. Near the door they came in I think.)
Siara: (Siara's front, Raiden's right-front, Angel left-back, Kyle is... back? Nanteu nowhere near us.)
DM: (Flanking +2 to attacks)
DM: (sorry, Kyle and Angel are in opposite positions. I forgot. xD)
DM: (Still a flank)
Siara: ( if I'm reading it right, this is about where everyone is, using our respective colors http://puu.sh/1PcZj )
DM: (Flip that upside down, I think that's about right. )
Raiden moves to nom on Cleta once again...
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Raiden: (...remind me of hit modifiers xD)
DM: (Uhm... +2 for flanking. You have to find the rest. xD)
Nanteu: (Ahaha, the news woman just described the weather in Bondi as 'thong-melting')
DM: (Strength)
DM: (... what type of thong...? xD)
Nanteu: (Exactly! xD)
DM: (... and how did she find that out...?)
Raiden: (STR 15 is +2 more, so total of 17)
DM: (Not a hit, sadly...)
Raiden: (ERGH)
DM: (Cleta's turn!)
Raiden misses. Again.
DM: Cleta turns on Angel, glancing down at the sword in her hands before grabbing for the hilt.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Have I landed a clean hit on anyone besides creepy half-orc what's-his-face back at Windwater?)
DM: (Miss! Whose turn now? Kyle's?)
DM: (I... have no clue. xD Nateshk)
Siara: (Raiden, Cleta, Kyle, Nanteu, Angel, Siara)
Kyle: (Swinging my club, trying to knock her out! So ya, more non-lethal damage!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (25)
DM: (... hit!)
Kyle rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (7)
DM: (Describe, then Nanteu's turn!)
Kyle flails wildly with his chair leg trying to stop Cleta from reaching Angels sword, smacking her in the back of the leg.
Kyle: (not doing heavy detail in combat unless it's cool)
DM: (xD! Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (will sorta be distracted for a bit i might as well just shoot her.. try to.. ugh.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (xD I think, Shea, that is a hit.)
DM: (Roll damage.)
Siara: (She hit something!?)
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Siara: (...that wasn't the floor xD)
Nanteu: (Praise Raptor Jesus!)
DM: (xD And your damage mod?)
Nanteu: (where am I looking? I think it's +6 if im in the right place but that just seems wrong somehow.)
Siara: (That's to hit, I believe)
DM: (Look at your bow's stats. There is a thing that'll look something like #d# + # Insert numbers there. xD)
Kyle: (its a +3 I'm pretty sure, Nanteu is stronger then me I remember)
Nanteu: (Oh yeah, +3 ^^')
DM: (So a 6 overall... all right. *scribbles it down* Angel's turn!)
Siara: (Oh, found the proper turn order)
Siara: (Cleta, Raiden, Kyle, Angel, Siara, Nanteu)
Siara: (I was close)
DM: (Never mind. We can just do it like this. xD)
DM: (Raiden, Cleta, Kyle, Nanteu, Angel, Siara.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (alright done catching up with RPGFO)
DM: Angel, having been able to stop Cleta from taking her longsword, glances at the others before swinging her blade in a wide arc. Cleta hisses sharply as the blade slices across her back, leaving a bloody line in her shirt.
DM: (And, Siara! Nice. xD)
DM uhm (Also... http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p30-eighty-percent#108036 I'm gonna let you gus have the link to Cleta's diary again. It may just look like rubbish, but it has some hints and clues in it.)
Siara: (w)
Nanteu takes aim with her bow again, and clenches her teeth in preparation for the miss.. which isn't a miss. The arrow thwacks into Cleta's back following the bloody slice from Angel, hitting the middle of the same wound.
DM: Cleta is definitely not happy.
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: (*cringes at the wall of text coming...*)
Nanteu: (*braces self*)
Siara: (Ehehe, sorry.)
DM: (*confesses love for everyone before imminent wall-death*)
Siara steps back to avoid a rage-fueled counter from Cleta. He watches the events for a moment, holding back the thunder cloud to prevent it from striking, then finally sighs heavily. Lowering his staff, he holds out his free arm to the side, signalling a stop. "Alright, that's enough. Cleta, was it? You have something we want, but you want it too." He fixes his piercing golden gaze on the girl. "Your story is a sad one, but even sad stories can have happy endings. We've read your diary... Being the last of your kind is never fun, is it? There's always a part of you that wonders why it had to be you." He lowers his scythe, touching the tip to the ground like a cane. "Rooke is very dear to us, but we can see that he's dear to you as well. So why don't you come with us instead? Ask Rooke what he wants to do. If he doesn't want to stay here, then join us. I can heal you. We can protect and help you." His eyes flash to the other members of the party, almost daring them to challenge his invitation, before addressing Cleta again, a hand extended gently. "Your kind are rare. I'd rather not be responsible for the extinction of an entire race, but the choice is yours."
Siara (braces for the counter-wall)
Siara: (Also, Kyle, what did you want a fire spell for?)
DM
Angel slowly lowers her blade, Cleta's blood dripping from it onto the stone floor. She's on-edge, ready to strike if Cleta attempts another attack, but watches Siara carefully and obeys the flash of his eyes. Cleta, on the other hand, is not calm. She glances at her back worriedly - more worriedly than any normal person would with an injury like that. She twists and flails, trying to see behind her, and reaches until her fingers grasp about the arrow. Very carefully, she pulls it out and looks at it before throwing it on the ground before Nanteu, bloodied.
"Rooke cannot leave, cannot... Cleta cannot be healed, not without..." She trailed off, then stared distractedly at Siara, her arm still over her shoulder, fingering the wounds. She stays that way for a moment, then her bloodied hand drops to her side. (Awareness everyone.)
Siara joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (13)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (Oh crap)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (Siara auto-fail, Raiden auto-win)
Nanteu: (Ugh, fu-)
Siara: (HUH!?)
DM: (... xD It's not even gonna matter to Raiden! ... Kyle can be in on it.)
Siara: (I keep looking over spell lists, trying to think what you might be planning <.< )
Nanteu lowers her bow, watching. She holds a hostile look in her eyes, but obeys Siara when he presents his idea, standing stiffly, another arrow locked and tipped to the ground.
Kyle: (I don't even remember myself)
DM
Kyle, as Cleta stands there, almost lost within her own mind, you see a flicker of... something cross her. It's as if her skin changed color for a split second, as if she took up a little more space, and her eyes glowed blue... but the flickers passes without anyone seeing except the dog. She glances at the ground, the ceiling, then the walls before back to Siara, her mind trying to process his proposal.
"Cleta cannot leave. I... I cannot leave. The book is... here." And with that, she suddenly took off running for the door leading to the stairs that you are yet to enter. (Lemme find the map)
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Nanteu: (sdfxg)
DM: (gjrosegh)
Raiden 's hair stands slightly on end as he catches a change in the girl's behavior, looking up to Siara and barking sharply to get his attention.
DM: (Kyle and Raiden both saw that. Sorry, I think I mucked up a bit there. xD)
Kyle: "Wait!" he yells, seeing her take off, throwing the chair leg off to the side. "This is just getting annoying now.. Did ya of ya'll see that, her skin changed color.. and, moved.. Maybe she has a evil goo in her? Oh! ..but that would mean Rooke may have one in him too, maybe that's what the goos do. They like take control of you, and make you go crazy."
DM: Angel pauses, but then points at Nanteu. "Then what about her? She's fine... I think."
Nanteu glares at Angel briefly. "I'm fine, can we leave now?," she grumbles, moving towards the stairs with the bow raised.
Kyle motions to Nanteu- "Ya but she hasn't had the dang thing in her that long.. This girls been down here for years. Who knows what kind of long term effects it could have.."
DM: Angel hesitates, then looks at Siara. She eyes his scythe for a moment, pressing her lips together firmly before flicking her sword to get the blood off it and following Nanteu. "We'll find out, I suppose. For now, I think maybe we should focus on finding Rooke rather than... rescuing this demented girl from her mind."
Siara tilts his head, then jumps as Raiden barks at him. "We'll follow her in a moment. She can't escape the Thunderhead, anyways... All we have to do is follow the bouncing storm cloud." He looks over to Kyle with a weird gleam in his eyes, then nods to Angel. "Also, regarding the scythe... It doesn't feel any different than the staff did, it's just made of crystal now. If you guys want to follow her, just chase the sparkler." He points to the storm cloud, which he's holding back with his magic to keep it from soaring off without them. "Allow me to skim the diary again. She mentioned a book not letting her leave this place, there might be a key in there that we missed."
DM: Angel offers Siara the diary.
Siara takes it with a nod and points to the storm cloud again. "Are you ready? I've heard these things move pretty fast to track down a missing target."
Nanteu bobs up on the soles of her feet. "Let's do it."
Kyle: (Wait what's everyone planning to do?)
DM: (Angel will follow you all. xD She's slightly more inclined to finding Rooke than following Cleta.)
Siara: (I'm gonna read the diary and follow a bit more slowly, everyone else can follow at full tilt to catch up to her.)
Kyle: (Well she's going to run toward where Rooke is at, so checking the other rooms won't really help.:
Nanteu: (dinner, ill be back as soon a possible)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (ok)
DM: (Kyle, wanna lead the way?)
Raiden: (Just waiting for everyone to be ready for a chase)
DM: (Found anything in the book? xD)
Siara: (Still reading. The idea was to skim while we chased her.)
Kyle: (Pff~ with Nanny at dinner we could just read for more clues?)
Siara: (Well okay then.)
DM: Angel puts a hand out. "Wait... let's do this slowly. She won't harm Rooke, she treasures him too much. Let's just read the book first and see if there's anything useful. Then we can chase..."
Kyle: (I swear my lunch is like a random grab bag.. not only did they mess up my order I've pulled four different kinds of tacos/burritos so far)
DM: (... surprise order! Lucky dip... without the lucky, and with tomato dip.)
Siara lowers his hand to keep the restraints on the cloud, balancing the scythe against his him as he holds the book between both hands for a moment. "Sounds like a plan. Let's see here..." Opening the book slowly, he spreads a wave of magic out to magnify the pages a bit so that everyone can read at once without crowding together. "First page was nothing majorly important, she just spoke about finding the book and making it her private project. Page two..." He turns the page and starts reading softly.
Siara: (I can keep it going, or Kyle and Angel can scan the page and find something to push it along)
DM: (I'll leave Angel silent. )
DM: (She'll only speak up if you guys miss things that might be really important... even then, not all the time. It's up to you guys. xD)
Siara: (Kyle?)
Kyle: (Yush?
Siara: (Wanna look over the diary and find something to notice? I already found one part, you can spot it or I can just read it aloud)
Kyle patiently waits ever vigilant of anything that might come screaming down the hallway.
Kyle: (I already read it once, but I don't remember a lot from it. You can be the smart one this time.)
DM: (Translation: I'm too lazy! Jk, jk... xD )
Kyle: (No your right, I just remember reading the wall of text once and it was sad so I rather not again)
DM: (Ya, ok. xD)
Siara: (w slowly)
DM: (Sorry I made it so huge... xD)
Kyle: I do want to poke around at teh spider some more though
Siara quickly scans over the page, his eyes practically flashing from the rapid movement, his lips moving quickly and silently. He gets almost to the bottom of the page before stopping and backing up to reread a section. " 'He urges me to find the Book of the Creators...' That must be the book she's going to find." He turns the pages, one by one, reading each of them in turn and taking in every detail. "She knows where it is, but can't get to it. There's a part of the temple that's broken and blocked. We find that part of the temple, we find our key. Also..." Leaving the book suspended on the magic field, he digs into his pack and pulls out one of the small statuettes. "The marble came from one of these, and it sounds like that's what started making her lose it. There might be something else in the others." He drops the statuette heavily on the floor.
Siara: (Thanks for reminding me, I need some crystal from that xD)
DM: (You intending to break the statuette?)
Siara: (Intending to, yes. xD)
DM: (All right, lemme break it for you... xD Kyle, go ahead and do rolls on whatever it is you want to do witht he spider)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: The small statuette falls and lands heavily on the ground, cracking in several pieces. In amongst the pieces, Siara, you find a very small black fabric sack. It is sealed firmly with fabric all around. It reminds you of the scraps of the fabric you saw in the pieces of the statuette that was used in helping to kill the spider... It bulges slightly with content.
Kyle: ( >,< Round )
DM: (run!)
Nanteu looks at the pouch, having turned away from the door moments ago to skim the pages of the book again. "At lease that one has something in it.."
Siara bends down to pick up the satchel, inspecting it curiously. "How very strange. There was another one of these near the spider... Oh yes, I need my samples!" He hands the satchel to Nanteu and hurries over to the spider, inspecting it happily. "Oh, what should I take, what should I take~ Maybe the eyes, or the fangs... I can't carry the whole head..."
Nanteu blinks dumbly, then clutches the satchel, trying to get a feel for what's inside it.
DM: Nanteu, you touch over the satchel and think just for a moment that you feel it give way... like Goo. But then it turns hard as a rock.
Siara: (What should I try to take? And how big is the head? xD)
DM: (A bit bigger than a tiger's head, I'd imagine. Uhm... anything? xD)
DM: (Legs look most crystal-like)
Siara: (And then another ritual to become half spider-crystal LOLOLOLOL)
DM: (noooooo!!!!)
Siara: (But yeah, spider head too big to carry. Crystal eyes and fangs would be nice for later though.)
DM: (Use a dagger. Roll damage, try to get higher numbers. Highest number is a 'flawless', lowest is 'yeah, its crystal crumbs'.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara: (So fangs are meh, I guess?)
DM: (That's not dam)
Siara: (Oh wait, that's to hit xD
DM: (Ya xD)
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (One's gone xD)
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (One's perfect)
DM: (One's crumbs... crystal crumbs are still useful.)
DM: (xD)
Siara: (I'll keep them in the satchel we just found)
DM: (You'd have to open it first)
Siara: (True)
DM: (Also, it's a bit small)
DM: (It fits readily in the palm of one's hand)
Siara: (Small for crystal powder?)
DM: (It'd fit crystal powder, but you'd have to find a way to reseal it. You would have to cut it to open it.)
Raiden: (Oh, okay)
DM: (Mending spell would probably work just fine.)
Siara: (Ergh, rolling eight times xD)
DM: (xD)
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara: (Two good, one bad, one meh)
DM: (What's that for?)
Siara: (Four of the eyes)
DM: (Oh, eyes. xD)
Siara: (I don't think I need all of them though. One fang and two good eyes is good, and a nice helping of crystal crap.)
DM: (You'll have to take the satchel's contents out to fit it, just sayin'!)
DM: (Nanteu, you still with us?)
Nanteu: (Yup)
Siara: (I could just stuff the items themselves into my bag, I only need the satchel for dust)
DM: (Describe!)
Siara pulls out one of the daggers hidden in the lining of his cloak, humming happily to himself as he lifts the spider's head and begins sawing at one of the fangs. He jumps as he puts too much force into it and the fang shatters before coming lose. "Well... Dang." Being more careful and taking his time with the next fang, he manages to extract the entire thing in one piece, gazing at it in awe. "It's so beautiful... How could Eschaton ever be afraid of creatures with such magnificent bodies?" Tucking it into his pack carefully, he begins scraping at the eyes, retrieving two eyes whole, some shards and some powder as one of the eyes all but disintegrates at his touch. "Crystal~ Crystal~ So perfect and radiant, wonderful gifts from the world~" He holds the spheres carefully in his palms, marveling at their perfect roundness before tucking them away and nibbling on the tip of his dagger, deciding whether or not to attempt carving the other four.
Siara: (Does it spin crystal thread?)
DM: (Uhm, lemme check)
Kyle watches Siara go to town on the poor little crystal spider, stabbing away many of it's eyes for keep sake. "Ya think you can sell those Siara, or you just doing that because you hate spiders that much?" he said, then walks over toward the black sack and pokes it while it's still in Nanteu hand. "So we going to open it, or are we afraid one of us will go crazy?"
DM: ( http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/co... )
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
DM: (... I like it.)
Siara: (So can I use the fang as a weapon like a dagger to apply the venom?)
DM: Angel is just watching everyone, her blade still drawn, and waiting for the next move to happen. While Siara is carving up the spider, she takes the diary back and starts reading through it slowly. About mid-way through, she stops and just reads the same few passages over and over, stopping only at Kyle's suggestion of opening the little sack.
Kyle: (it's only doing D3 meaning it's a small item. So it's kinda tiny for you. If you were a goblin or halfing ya )
DM: (The flawless one, yeah, you could. It'd eventually run out. Roll a 4d20 and whatever you get can be your number of 'charges'... and true what Kyle's saying. It'd still bring in a fair price.)
Siara glances at Kyle with a grin. "Don't be silly, spiders are beautiful and wondrous creatures. I'm just harvesting a few relics because crystals are also beautiful and wondrous. When we get home, I want to have something to remember from our adventure!"
Siara: (Siara loses his killer touch when he sees spiders and crystals. xD)
Nanteu tosses the pouch up like a ball, catching it in the palm of her hand. "A minute ago it felt soft, squishy. It changed, though, into something hard. As for opening it.. we might as well," she says, then stops to pull out her dagger with the other hand. "So, should we?"
Siara: (I'll just hold onto it for now though.)
Kyle: (Ugg, ya stab it)
Siara perks his ears up and stands, satisfied with his small harvest. "That should do it for now." He nods to Nanteu, readying his scythe and the dagger for what might happen.
DM: (*little skip of excitement*)
Nanteu hesitantly holds the edge of the dagger against the pouch.. then flicks her wrist, letting the blade slice cleaning through the material of the pouch.
Nanteu: cleanly*)
Nanteu: (cleaning..)
Kyle: ( Vex Corey.. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%... )
Siara: (Already watching)
DM: A smooth, black rock that appears to be polished to a sheen slides from the sack and clutters loudly on the ground.
Siara gazes at it curiously. "A black rock... The other one was white."
Kyle: "That's it, just a black pebble? No ruby, or gold nugget? Kinda disappointing, well I'm sure we can get something out of it. I mean who would go through all that trouble to hide it in a statue. Why don't we break all the others, be easier to carry then."
Siara nods, replacing the dagger before opening his pack and tossing statues out semi-carelessly, letting them crack on the floor. Any that survive the first fall get tossed again.
DM: Angel crouches and picks up the stone, fingering it and looking it over... and abruptly it turns to goo in her hand. She jumps, startled, but doesn't drop it. "Guys... Goo's not the only one. Maybe we made a mistake. Maybe he's not an alchemical wonder... that box was jammed full of these... things." She shifts the goo from hand to hand. It's a black goo, unlike the white-murky one and the green-pink one that Nanteu usually has.
Kyle: (Anyone else feel like eating all the goos?)
Nanteu: (.. No.)
DM: (... xD!!)
DM: Each broken statuette appears to have the little fabric packets in it.
Nanteu "I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.. What if they were stashed in the statues for a reason? Maybe they wanted to smuggle them somewhere.."
Siara pulls his hand away from the satchel he was reaching for. "There's more of them? That means the one in my scythe isn't Nanteu's Goo." He blinks, thinking for a moment. "I wonder..." He holds his scythe close to the goo in Angel's hand, wondering if it can merge with crystals too.
Kyle starts grabbing all the sacks, and gathering them together before speaking- "Maybe they are like puzzle and we need to put them all together, to make one full grown ooze.."
DM: The black goo stares dumbly at the scythe... and the white goo slides from it and leaps on Angel's hand. The two goos eye each other up before the black goo starts to shyly try and sink into Angel's skin. The white goo moves to follow, but the black goo flees downwards. Disappointed almost, the white goo returns to the scythe. Angel looks towards Kyle and frowns. "Are we... sure we want to do this? We don't have Nanteu's goo..."
Nanteu "Maybe that isn't such a good idea, Kyle."
Siara watches them, fascinated. "Very interesting. They don't seem to react to each other favorably. Let's wait until we find Nanteu's Goo before bringing them all together."
Kyle: "Fine, fine! Well let's put them all in the same pouch and check our that other room. We may find something that can explain what's happening in there, I'm sure her gramps knew about them."
DM: Kyle, all the little sacks tend to feel fairly goo-like. Angel frowns and makes a face. "Maybe we... should just put them in someone's pack and experiment later? I'm... I dunno."
Siara: (Not Draven. Draaaaaaaaaaaaaven. (  ̄┏_┓ ̄) )
Kyle: ( )
Kyle: (I'm going to head over to room the girl didn't run down, and take a look around)
DM: Kyle, you go down the stairs into the small room and discover it is a wine cellar. It looks as if someone went on a bit of a drunken rampage in here, bottles empty and alcohol spilled all over the floor. Still, some of the racks contain unharmed wine and carry labels written in a foreign, unfamiliar language. The room smells sweet, but earthy at the same time. Some of the stone floor has been dug up in the corner and plants sprout up from the earth there. In that corner, you’re certain you see a glint of metal somewhere in the foliage…
Siara flips the scythe back over his shoulder. "I carried them all the way here, I can carry them a bit further."
Siara: (Dare I ask if that's the part of the temple that we're looking for?)
DM: (Nope. But if you look at the map, there is a green line. That shows a door that is blocked or unable to go into. That leads to the section.)
DM: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46...
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle: (12 for search)
Siara: (Where have I seen the name D3vilTrigger before...?)
Kyle goes digging in the corner and racks to find out what's the oldest wine still intact.- "Hey guys, I found a wine cellar! Ya should help me find some good stuff, I'm sure the pirates would love some."
Kyle: (Max Corey rage friend)
Siara: (Ohhhhh, that's right)
DM: (You doing a search on the wine?)
Siara: (For good wine, probably)
Nanteu reaches the steps to the cellar and jogs down, stopping behind Kyle to glance around at the bottles. "It's not much, but I'm sure they would appreciate it," she says, and leans over to pick up one of the intact bottles.
Kyle: (ya just looking for the oldest one left)
DM: (Hmmm...)
Kyle: (Quick everyone search the room for boozes!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (Siara has no experience with wine. A search check for Raiden would be 18 for scenting)
DM: Kyle, you try reading the labels, but they're all fairly... foreign. Nobody here knows the language. However, if you were taste-testing... you might find a bottle full of crimson fluid that tasted absolutely divine. Nanteu would find the same. Angel hangs back at the stairs, just watching. Raiden would find probably the best wine, a bottle intact on the floor.
Siara: (The sound of sweet crimson tea dripping... xD)
Raiden joined the chat
Kyle holds up his treasure trove eyeing it closely trying to guess at a date, but can't read it. "Ahh, I can't read this.. so I guess I'll just take one for later.. Now what was that shiny bit in the corner?" he said going over to investigate.
Raiden snuffles around the bottles, eventually finding one that had a rich scent, still intact. He stands by it, wagging his tail.
Nanteu: (Love the word snuffles omg)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Nanteu crouches by Raiden and plucks the bottle up, giving the back of his head a rub as she stands. "Good boy."
DM rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 7
Raiden joined the chat
DM: (Kyle take 12 damage. Gimme a minute to describe!)
Nanteu: (o.o looks like Raiden and I just dodged whatever it is)
DM
Kyle, as you go to collect the shiny, a whip suddenly flicks from the foliage and strikes you across the chest viciously. It retreats back into the foliage, leafy fronds hanging from it.
"Hey!" Angel says, coming into the room. "You okay?"
DM: (Save anything you have to your inventories, don't forget!)
Kyle: "Ahhhh! Why is it always the good looking ones!? Hot damn.. Watch out, there's some kind of wild life back there.. Maybe some kind of plant or something I don't know." -he yells stepping away to teh stair case hand over his chest
DM: Angel moves Kyle's hand from his chest, checking for blood. "You're okay," she tells him before looking over at the foliage and starting to approach. "Wonder what...?" The whip flicks out, but she attempts to dive for the source of the whip with her blade.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (Are vines considered wood?)
DM: (Hit)
DM: (No)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: ( http://elohell.net/chill/page/6 Vex just look at this page)
Siara: (Darn xD)
DM: (Whipweed takes 9 damage... lemme see... nope, whip doesn't fall off.)
Kyle: (round)
Siara: (That's a plant?)
DM: (Yep! http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/co... )
Siara: (Hmm)
Siara: (No extra bonus, but detests light...)
DM: (brb!)
Siara: (w)
DM: (back)
Siara jumps when he hears Kyle and Angel talking about a plant. "Something happen?" He looks over to the wall near Angel, spotting a strange plant. "That would be..." He gazes at it intensely, allowing his low-light vision to take over, bringing the fuzzy details into focus. "...aha. I think this place is conspiring against us. Don't go near that wall." He flips his scythe off his shoulder, holding it out in front of him. Small particles of light float rapidly down the stairs in a stream, flowing around him and filling him until he glows just softly. "Three... Two... One..." He looks back at the party apologetically. "Ehehehe... Close your eyes." Almost without warning, the light inside of him ignites, pouring through his hands and refracting through his scythe sharply, filling the room with intense light.
DM: The whipweed retracts its whips, one almost sliced off by Angel's attack, and wraps them about itself. You hear shuffling as if its trying to retreat into the meagre amount of foliage surrounding it, unhappy about the light.
DM: Angel shut her eyes just in time and reopens them to blink blearily and try to see what happened. "Gonna help us pick on the plant, Nanteu?"
Siara: (I feel like I'm cheating a bit, being a druid and just identifying plants like that)
Nanteu: (It's sort of your job isn't it?)
Siara: (Yeah, but it still feels weird xD)
Siara: (I'm not complaining, just seems weird)
Nanteu: (Meh, well we all have things we're supposed to know I guess. We'll probably feel weird too when they come around.)
DM: ('Tis fine. xD)
Nanteu pulls her hands away from her eyes. "I think Siara's handling it quite well.."
DM: Angel hesitates, then shrugs. She glances towards Kyle. "You... want me to beat it up for you? Restore your manliness for being whipped by a plant?" She offers him a slightly teasing smirk, but not really to make fun of it.
Kyle: "Nope, no need to cut the yard, I'm just happy to leave.. doubt there's anything else in here but wine."
DM: Angel licks her lips and looks towards the plant before glancing at Siara. She seems to want something from the plant, but needs help getting it.
DM
(I have theme music for Amulet-less Angel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJhRmQyb8UA&fea... )
Nanteu raises a brow at Angel, crossing her arms habitually. Her gaze softens a little. "What do you need, Angel?"
Siara looks back at them. "Sorry, I'll turn it down a bit." At his words, the light from his body decreases, increasing the controlled output from his hands. The cellar is still covered in dancing lights as his scythe continues to refract and reflect the light from his hands, constantly changing, but it's not being directed backwards anymore, so the party can look in his vicinity. "Crystals. Truly outrageous, no?" He tilts his head at Angel. "If you want to kill it, don't get close. I can keep it pinned with light, but you'll need to attack from a distance."
DM: "The whips... or just one. I've heard that they make excellent weapons, and..." She glances down at her longsword. "I guess I'm up for a change. I was thinking one of us could wrestle it and another saw off the whip or whips. It should make it try to retreat, then we can leave it alone."
Kyle: (Seriously.. the other building has one wand and it works just fine, all the time. I'm looking at 3 different broken wands at my desk.. When will they just go buy a new one?")
DM: (Weird)
Kyle: (No just lazy and cheat, they keep buying used ones and not new ones. So these keep breaking and they try to blame it on us.. )
Siara looks back at the plant for a moment, identifying the location of various parts. "A whip... The whips are resilient and regenerate fast, we'll have to be able to hit it really hard to make it fall off. Or we can just try to kill it and take them when it's dead." He motions for Raiden to back up so he doesn't stray within range, looking back at the plant.
Kyle: Kyle takes out his longbow and notches another arrow.- "Why didn't you just say so.. I could peg them at this range I'm sure."
DM: Angel glances at Kyle. "Uhm... sure, go for it."
Kyle: (I'll try to shoot one..)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (You need an instant 12 dam to shoot one whip off)
DM: (You need to hit a 16 for AC)
Nanteu "Well I'll try to help however I can, I suppose," she says, then steps back a little, watching Kyle. "Or he could just do that.."
Kyle: ((14 to hit? oh well nvm))
Siara grins. "Good boy." He turns the staff slightly, causing the refraction pattern to change and focusing a beam of light on the plant's core. "That's your main target if you just want to kill it."
DM: Angel glances at the others and sighs as the arrow bounce off to the side. She takes her sword and attempts to slice one of the whips again, near the core of the creature.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Miss.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Nanteu: (Ahahaha)
Nanteu: (On a frigging plant.)
DM: (O.O xD Do your dam)
Nanteu rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Nanteu: (sfdxgchcf)
Nanteu: (what the heeeellll)
Siara: (You've been holding out on us)
DM: (And mod?)
Nanteu: (+3)
Kyle: (What weapon do you have that does D4? )
DM: (Angel's dagger)
DM: (brb)
Siara: (What are we waiting for? xD
Kyle: (Dinner and a cup of hot coffee if I had to guess)
Siara: (Also Nanteu's attack, I think)
DM: (back)
DM: (Nanteu! Detail! xD)
Nanteu: (almost dc'd, sorry. storm rolling in)(w)
Siara: (Those were... painful to watch xD)
Nanteu had stayed back whilst Kyle and Tindomerel had tried their attacks. Once they had both failed, she had inched closer to the plant, blade ready. Whilst distracted by Angel's botched attack, she used it as a distraction to slip in closer to the plant, where she brought the tip of the blade across the vital part of it's body, severing the main stalk from the rest of it.
DM: The plant writhed back, the blade having cut one of its whips, not its body. The whip writhed on the ground for a moment before falling still and the plant quietly shrunk back, cowering against the wall and unwilling to fight further. (It wasn't a kill, sorry. But it was enough to chop off a whip)
Nanteu: (that was a horrible post anyway, so okay xD)
DM: (it was fine xD)
DM: Angel grins and moves in to pick up the whip. "Nice cut, Nanteu..." She holds up the whip, letting the others see. "I could fashion a handle for this and it'd be fine as a weapon..."
DM: (Right! NOw what are you guys doing?)
Kyle: (counting my HP, and moving back up the stairs and ready to follow the girl again)
DM: (And Siara and Nanteu?)
Kyle changed name to 16 Kyle
16 Kyle: (Also round soon)
16 Kyle: "Also just wanted to say, I think I saw something shiny back there where the plant was.."
Nanteu: (Same as Kyle)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu: (17 for search)
Siara laughs. "Clean hit! Two points for Nanteu!" Tapping the butt of the scythe against the floor, he dims the light even further, still putting on a prismatic display to light the cellar, but it's not blinding like before. He looks over to the plant. "Sorry, but you did attack first." He pockets the bottle of wine and heads up the stairs, groaning when he remembers that he left the thunderhead in place. "Urgh... Totally forgot about that thing." He waits patiently for Kyle to come up the stairs, a magic ring forming as he builds another spell.
DM: Nanteu, you find a broken kitchen knife in the foliage. It's blade must have snapped from some encounter.
DM: (T'was just a shiny to get everyone clambering over there. )
DM: (Everyone ready?)
16 Kyle: (rdy round!)
Siara: (I'm up and waiting for Kyle so I can heal him, then chase the thunderhead.)
Nanteu chuckles a little at Siara, then leans over the plant, her intention to find whatever Kyle was talking about while she's here. She spots the gleam again and reaches for it, pulling the broken knife away from the plant. "Sorry, weed," she says lightly, then stands and turns. "It's a broke knife," she comments, heading up the stairs.
DM: (Assume Kyle's ready for healing and do it. )
Nanteu: broken*)
16 Kyle: ( also pretty sure Thunderhead spell ended by now, you may want to check that)
Siara: (No duration listed, we just assumed it was active until I dispelled it)
DM: (We had two rounds of combat there.)
DM: (Eh, it can still be active.)
DM: (Heal him up and I'll post my wall of text. xD)
Siara gets impatient waiting for Kyle and steps over to the stairs. "Hurry up or I'll leave you slowpokes behind! Spells get weird if they're left contained for too long!" He throws a ball of light down the stairs, nailing Kyle in the back of the head. It's no heavier or thicker than a ball of cotton, and on impact it activates, channeling healing light into Kyle's body.
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara: (+9 health)
Siara: (Siara's getting itchy for the chase again xD)
DM: Angel wraps her new whip around her waist, doubling as a belt until she can fashion it an effective handle. She wanders up the stairs, catching Kyle's arm on the way and dragging him up with her. "Come on, we've got our booze and a whip... time to find Rooke."
Siara: (Ergh, gimme a minute, need to check my spell counts)
Siara: (Alright, got it, carry on)
DM: (ready Nanty?)
Nanteu: (Yup~)
Siara: (Awesome)
DM
You go up the stairs you saw in the large hall in the ‘right wall center’, and enter into a medium sized room that appears… well-furnished. This room has been looked after, not allowed to age too much although the stone roof is starting to crumble. A few vines hang down from the holes in the ceiling, little piles of soil gathered on the stone floor or rugs. The rugs are all faded, but they must have once held great craftsmanship.
There is another door to the left corner opposite of the door you have entered through. Siara's storm cloud seems to be stuck at this door for some reason. And to your right, there is a door that is locked shut. There is a sofa and four armchairs spread about the room, most patched up with odd rags and bits and ends, and two of the armchairs piled high with books. There is a low table in the center of the room, also piled high with books and scraps of loose paper that spread from the table and onto the floor. Beside the table, you see a familiar pack – Rooke’s. Next to the pack are his weapons and armor… and clothes. Nanteu’s rapier is with his weapons.
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Nanteu "The thing I really don't understand is why did she bothering taking our posessions? She was going straight for Rooke, and yet she stopped by each of our cabins and took something," she says, walking over to the table. She passes it, eyes on her trusty rapier, and Rooke's pack along with it.
Siara is rocking from side to side, eager to chase the girl and find out more about her secrets. "Alright, let's goooooo!" He points at the thunderhead, releasing the restraints he imposed on it, his robes fluttering in the wake of the cloud's trail. "The hunt is on!" He chases the cloud happily, twirling it slowly in his grip. After entering the next room, he screeches to a halt, ready to strike if anything happens. Then he spots his cloud at another door. "Hmm, crafty girl." He stops swinging his scythe as he heads for the door. "Who knows? She's a strange girl. Could easily be a kleptomaniac." He and Raiden press their ears to the door near his cloud...
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara: .rolldie20
Siara: (xD)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (18 Siara, 20 Raiden for listening)
DM: You hear nothing from that door, but Raiden would hear something from the locked door near where Rooke's pack was left... breathing.
DM: Raiden would also be able to scent that this room has had someone familiar in it.
DM: And that their scent leads to that locked door.
Nanteu: (just realised, bother*)
DM: (xD realized what?)
Siara frowns in frustration, hearing nothing, then sees Raiden looking a different way. He looks at the door near Rooke's pack, then at the thunderhead, then back to the door. "How in the world did she fool this thing...?" He looks down at Raiden, who gives an affirmative nod. "Something's off again. She went through here... But Rooke's over there." He points to the thunderhead door, then to the locked door.
16 Kyle: (catching up, had to round and make some food)
DM: (ok xD)
16 Kyle changed name to 25 Kyle
25 Kyle: (which room do you guys want to break down first?)
Siara: (Angel's eager to get Rooke back, try forcing the locked door, then we can chase Cleta and give her what-for)
Siara: (Also, U.N. Owen Was Her keeps playing in my head as the creepy music for this place)
DM: (xD)
25 Kyle: Kyle walks up behind Siara watching him listen to the door, then steps up pull on the door handle.- "So ya think Rooke's in this one, or the other way?"
25 Kyle: (also which door are you at Vex?)
Siara: (I'm standing by the one that Thunderhead stopped by since it can't pass through things.)
25 Kyle: (The Lib, or other one? I'm a tad confused)
DM: (Thunderhead is by non-lib door.)
DM: (Lib door is locked)
25 Kyle: (How is the Lib door locked, and what does the door look like?)
25 Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
25 Kyle: (just looking for detail here)
Siara looks up. "Thunderhead is an odd spell. It's designed to chase the target until they die, or until I tell it to stop, but it can't pass through solid objects like doors or walls. Cleta went through this door here, but Raiden picked up the scent of someone we know from the other door."
Nanteu: (sorry back)(by just realised I meant I realised I used the wrong word >>)
DM: The door is locked with a padlock. The door is wooden, nothing too special, but it does seem fairly sturdy - maybe a bit too much to force down without weapons. The padlock seems simple enough, you could probably even bash it off.
25 Kyle: (in this room or the one before was there any pillars?)
DM: (No)
DM: (You mean the hall? No. And in the sitting room - current room - no pillars.)
25 Kyle: "I doubt any of you know your way around a lock do you? Otherwise I think I'm going to have to hack at it some." he says readying his hatchet
DM: Angel shrugs. "Go for it."
Siara shakes his head. "Unfortunately, no. And I'm running out of power on Warp Wood EX."
Nanteu goes to pick up her rapier whilst the others figure out the doors.
25 Kyle tries to wedge the hook of the hand ax around teh loop of the pad lock, and use it pry the lock off.
25 Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: The lock is surprisingly weak and Kyle has no problem snapping it off, leaving only the handle to turn...
Siara blinks. "That reminds me... That blockade in the last room? That's where we'll find the book."
25 Kyle: (I open the door...)
DM: (Prepare to be horrified... especially you, Nanteu.)
DM
You find yourself in a small, cramped library. Books are piled high like towers about the room, every available surface just smothered by them. Shelves and book cases rim the whole room, and behind a pile of books, you see a familiar form… but stark naked.
Rooke grins a bit awkwardly, holding a large book before him to protect his modesty. He’s sitting on the floor, another open book sitting next to him – obviously he hasn’t been bored while waiting for someone to rescue him, with all these books.
“Was wondering when you guys would show up… I’m afraid I’m not… suitably attired for a reunion. Did anyone bring my pants? I don’t know how, but being naked is supposedly going to change me into a scaly beast… sitting here on my bare butt may do that.”
He grins, genuinely glad to see them all, but embarrassed at the same time. He just grins, not sure what to say or do, seeing as he doesn’t exactly want to move while his friends are in the room and he has no clothes. Angel, having entered the room after Kyle, is distractedly looking at the ceiling and trying not to snicker.
Siara holds his scythe at the ready.
Siara blinks when he sees Rooke. "Well that's handy, I guess. No fight, no problem..." With a heavy sigh of disappointment, he leans the scythe against the doorframe, picking Rooke's clothes from the table and tossing them to him. "What is that girl getting at?"
DM: (I'll wait for you guys to say something, then I'll post)
Nanteu gapes, her mouth open to say something. For a moment she just looks stunned, unable to form the words with her mouth. "I just.. I'll go, um.. See if there's.. blanket.." she mutters distractedly, turning back into the other room to look for something to cover Rooke up.
Nanteu: (awh, my bad timing xD)
DM: (Pretend it was before Siara's. xD)
Nanteu: (okay xD)
DM: (Kyle?)
25 Kyle: "OH, wow! Just look at... all this ancient.. books of, stuff.." he says stepping off to the side and start kicking over towers of books. "Ya, why did you chase the wild girl so far Rooke? I understand the crazy kind are pretty tantalizing but come on man.."
25 Kyle: (I'm having people walk in ect now, it's that time of the morning)
DM: (Tell 'em to go away! xD)
25 Kyle: (I AM! )
DM
Rooke grins, standing with his clothes held before him. He holds his shirt in his teeth while he tugs on his pants so that nobody gets too much of a show, then once his belt is all buckled up, he starts pulling on his shirt. "Wasn't my intention... she came out of Nanteu's room, bumped into me and I tried to ask her what she was doing in there, but she tackled me. We fought, I hit my head on something... next thing I know, we're here in this room." He glances out the door at the embarrassed Nanteu and grins. "It's okay, I'm decent now, Nanteu..."
He goes on with his story. "She said I had to turn into my 'true self'. I told her I didn't know what she was on about and I wanted to leave. She got upset and started wrestling me for my clothes... thought the little bugger was trying to rape me or something. That would have been... strange. Anyways, turned out she just wanted the clothes off so I'd be embarrassed enough to want to turn into my 'true self'. I insisted I didn't know what she was on about, she smacked me in the face, we had another scuffle... it was very awkward, so I stopped. She left, and I've been stuck in here since."
Siara looks around the room. "Lots of 'true self' nonsense going around. I think she's lost sight of hers."
25 Kyle: (Aww dang, I got to drop for a good while I forgot my boss was replacing me, I may be able to jump back on for a bit, but I got to stop D&D for night sorry guys)
DM: (Aw, night)
Nanteu: (Awkay, cya Kitt)
DM: (Nanteu, wanna say anything before we finish up?)
Siara: (Naito, see you at home)
25 Kyle: (NO TIME)
25 Kyle: (may be back doubt it had fun)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu: (nah its okay)
DM: (Aw, ok)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 am by Kate Orchix

Session 30 (19th January, 2013)

25 Kyle: "OH, wow! Just look at... all this ancient.. books of, stuff.." he says stepping off to the side and start kicking over towers of books. "Ya, why did you chase the wild girl so far Rooke? I understand the crazy kind are pretty tantalizing but come on man.."
DM
Rooke grins, standing with his clothes held before him. He holds his shirt in his teeth while he tugs on his pants so that nobody gets too much of a show, then once his belt is all buckled up, he starts pulling on his shirt. "Wasn't my intention... she came out of Nanteu's room, bumped into me and I tried to ask her what she was doing in there, but she tackled me. We fought, I hit my head on something... next thing I know, we're here in this room." He glances out the door at the embarrassed Nanteu and grins. "It's okay, I'm decent now, Nanteu..."
He goes on with his story. "She said I had to turn into my 'true self'. I told her I didn't know what she was on about and I wanted to leave. She got upset and started wrestling me for my clothes... thought the little bugger was trying to rape me or something. That would have been... strange. Anyways, turned out she just wanted the clothes off so I'd be embarrassed enough to want to turn into my 'true self'. I insisted I didn't know what she was on about, she smacked me in the face, we had another scuffle... it was very awkward, so I stopped. She left, and I've been stuck in here since."
Siara looks around the room. "Lots of 'true self' nonsense going around. I think she's lost sight of hers."
Kate changed name to DM
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (Ready when you guys are.)
Nanteu: (Good timining)
Nanteu: (.. Timing)
DM: (xD!)
Siara looks around at the library. "Quite a collection she's provided you with."
DM: Rooke shrugs and kicks a book. Nobody bothered to collect his boots from his room, so he is barefoot. "The ones with pictures are the only ones worth reading... looking at. All of them were in some language I couldn't understand... but this one..." He reached over and picked up a small, dusty book. "This is in dwarven... and magically, I appear to be able to read dwarven now. 'Tis a story about two dwarf kids who go through excruciating loss and pain before finally being killed... and then dealing with the afterlife. It's quite depressing..." He dropped it again.
DM: (Someone else's turn...)
Nanteu wanders back into the library to look at some of the books, even though she can't understand anything and there are too many for her see in one sitting. Glancing at Rooke's barefeet, she motioned to her own boots. "You can borrow mine if you feel uncomfortable.. I mean, unless there are wolves around that could bite my toes off," she grinned, her smirk then fading. "And you have no idea what I'm talking about.. Right.."
DM: Rooke watches Nanteu for a moment, but smiles and steps towards her, his hand extended. "I believe your boots are a little too... small for my big feet." He takes her hand and Nanteu would feel a tingle as Goo passed from Rooke to Nanteu. "I took care of him for you. She took him from you while you were sleeping, I suppose."
Ikitt: (Can anyone understand the books? What about Angel?)
DM: Angel picks up a book and thumbs through it, noting the strange language, but puts the book down once again. "Funny writing," she murmurs.
Nanteu brightens as Goo returns to her, beaming a large smile at Rooke. "I thought I'd never see him again!," she says, grinning. "Well.. and you.."
Siara: (Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan, Druidic)
Ikitt: (Going to search the pile for a picture book, just quickly scanning them for any that have of dragons, or monster ect)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Ikitt: (a nat 20 just mean you auto success, doesn't mean items appear. So ether there is a book, or there isn't, doesn't mean I get free things )
DM: "You're far happier to see him than me," Rooke jokes at Nanteu with a wink. Kyle, you find a small, thick book with a dark red cover. The pages are aged, but as you flip through them, you find hundreds of carefully drawn pictures of monsters and dragons, the strange writing next to everything. You are unable to read the writing, but the pictures are really nice. Towards the latter half of the book, the images turn to what appears to be a 'how to' section. For example, one page shows a choker trying to attack a fighter. One image shows the choker reaching out to swat at the fighter - the fighter in the next image grabs the choker's arms. The next picture shows the fighter tying the choker's arms in a painful knot, then planting the choker's hands against its own face.
Ikitt: (I worded that badly, but ya know what I mean. Like if I made a search check, it's me ether finding it, or me knowing it's hopeless to find it. )
DM: (Ya, I know. xD You can still have a freebie. It's not like you can read it.)
Siara: (Is it in a language any of us know?)
DM: (Nope!0
Ikitt: (considering 'scales' I would say no, no one took draconic )
DM: (Nanteu did. It's not draconic)
DM: (Also... when Rooke says he 'magically' learned Dwarven, he actually learned it from Goo without knowing. He attempted to read the dwarven book. He attempted to read the other books, but Goo didn't seem to grant it to him... if Goo knows it.)
Ikitt: "Ya, I don't think there's anything of worth here.. We should press on after Rooke get's fully clothed. Strange.. I do wonder what kind of language this is, I bet there are some nice old books in here that would have any guide or scholar weak at the knees." he says moving to another pile and taking one last chance, picking up a small red covered book. To his surprise it actually seems interesting enough to and small enough that he pockets it before moving back out. "Well let's get moving shall we?"
Siara nods, looking to Rooke as he heads for the door. "If we come against some rough terrain, I can give you some cover so you don't end up shredding your feet. In the mean time, stay away from walls that have plants on them, we don't need anyone getting strangled by a whipweed."
Nanteu elbows Rooke lightly in the arm and grins, at his comments as well as Siara's advice, and heads back towards the door. "Good idea, Kyle. We should get moving."
DM
Rooke quickly starts pulling his armor down and looks down at his feet, feeling a little odd without his boots while fully armored, but gets over the feeling and moves into the sitting room to collect his pack and weapons. "I've got tough feet... used to run around everywhere barefoot as a kid, I'll be fine.... thanks for coming for me, guys."
Angel raises an eyebrow. "What were we supposed to do? You deal the most damage in a fight when it comes to close combat..."
"Ohh, you've got a bit of snark since I last saw you... cut that out, or Kyle's going to get upset." He wanders to the door they are yet to open. "Through here? Or do we go back the way that you guys came in? I think there was a door out that way..."
Siara perks his ears up, staying alert for anything that might happen before they reach their objective, stopping at the door where the thunderhead is waiting. "Alright. Do we chase Cleta and find out more of what she knows, or go up and shove the rubble to find that book?"
Ikitt: "Ya said the book was needed to save the girl right? If so then let's get the book first and double back. It'll save us time and maybe her soul."
Nanteu "If her soul can be saved.."
DM: "Are you guys talking about the rubble in that hall?" Angel asks softly, then frowns. "Think we could actually shift that in a day?"
Siara nods, looking up to the Thunderhead curiously before heading back up the stairs. "I can move it. Or part of it. Make it easier to shift, at least."
Siara: (How big of an area is the rubble covering?)
Ikitt: (Like how bad was the cave in?)
DM: (It's high enough to hide all but a corner of the door it covers. It spreads out in a heap from there maybe... 5 ft x 20 ft?
DM: (It was a bad cave in. xD It fell directly from the ceiling and wall above the door...)
Siara: (Height is 5? That's easily washed away)
DM: (I didn't actually map out that area behind the rubble, so if you guys can find a way around it, should be interesting... No, not height. That's the space away fromt he bottom of the door.)
DM: (Length is 20 feet, from one side of the door frmae to the other. Height is... uhm, about 10 ft.)
Siara: (Well, given my level, I should be able to make it much easier to shift if it's at least damp. If it's dry, it'll still be easier to shift, we just have to move part of it ourselves.)
Ikitt double backs and just glances at the cave in- "Alright.. nevermind I thought it was a little less then that. SO I guess onward." -he says moving to open the door and delve deeper
Ikitt: (Also I'm pretty sure Thunderhead ends after four rounds)
DM: (It's stone and dry.)
Ikitt: (if ya can link me the spell I'll tell ya for sure)
DM: (Nanteu! Do some leading!)
Siara stops by the pile of dirt and rubble, glancing over it. "Hold on a moment..." He walks around the pile, shifting angles to get better views and guess the dimensions. "Yeah... I could make this a lot easier to move. If you want to get Cleta first, that's fine too."
Siara: (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Soften_... )
DM: (How would you shift that with your druidic powers?)
Siara: (^)
DM: (Ahkay. You could easily do half of it, better results if you climbed to the top of the pile.)
Siara: (Wet earth becomes mud, meaning it just melts out of the way. Dry earth becoming fine sand, meaning we dig it out easily. Stone becomes clay, meaning between everyone we can just hack it out in pieces.)
Ikitt: (ya know.. that would work just fine.. 10f/level meaning 40ft per cast)
DM: (Wait... this is not natural stone.)
DM: ( agical, enchanted, dressed, or worked stone cannot be affected. Earth or stone creatures are not affected. )
Siara: (Are you telling me it's a stone creature?)
DM: (*Magical. If you check back in history to see the description I gave of the hall, I said that the stones eveywhere appeared to be covered in art. The walls would have been carved to make the hall. So that must be worked?)
Ikitt: (Or it's enchanted stone.. )
Ikitt: (worked stone.. wish it was more detailed)
Siara: (But is is painted on the stone, or carved into it?)
DM: (The stone was carved smoothly to make the hall. The art was then painted on the stone.)
DM: (Manufactured carved, not natural like water)
Siara: (That qualifies as worked)
DM: (MMkay... that idea's gone.)
DM: Angel moves with Siara and looks at the rocks for a bit before glancing up at him. "I think we'd need more people to do this... and better tools?"
DM: (ONWARDS! xD)
Siara chews his lip a bit as he examines the pile again. "Ergh... This stone has already been worked, hasn't it... I can't soften that."
Ikitt: (Ahh now I see.. Seems it was put there as a "Low level wizard please don't melt castles into mud, and cause DM issues thank you" by Wizards of the Coast. Ya.. damn, I thought ya had it Vex)
Ikitt: (I just FAQ it cause I never noticed that in teh spell)
DM: (... That'd be funny... xD)
Siara: (That sounds like a legit failsafe)
Ikitt: (like, walk up to a wall, turn a 10ft spot to sand, watch castle wall fall into itself )
DM: (Shea, you with us?)
Ikitt: (Now if you really want me to screw this up I have a way of doing it, but I rather not put Kate on teh spot)
DM: (... I'm fine on the spot. xD)
Siara: (Screw it! SCREW IT, I TELL YOU!)
DM: (Discuss it in-game?)
Nanteu: (I'm around, keeping tabs)
Ikitt: (ROUND)
DM: (Someone take charge!)
Siara: (I can't look at it until Kitt tells me what to do)
DM: (... xD Then in-game chatter to pass the time!)
DM: Rooke glances towards Nanteu, not really noticing he's staring at her, his face stern as he seems lost in thought. He subconsciously rubs at the stubble across his face, eyes distant as he thinks. Angel is busy staring at the rock with Siara and glances up at him. "How would we find the book anyways? If it's in the same writing, how would we recognize it?"
Siara scratches at his head. "That's a good question, actually... It could be any book of thousands and I don't have any magic for identification. Maybe I'm being optimistic when I say that one of us would be able to spot it for some reason."
DM: Angel gives a soft shrug. "Maybe... we should clear it away and then go after her, tell her the way is open and try to leave? We could leave the rowboat she took back here... I'm sure one of us could compensate Captain Korte."
Nanteu "We'll just have to keep our eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.. As for compensating the Captain for anything, do we truly have anything of value on us?"
Nanteu: (anything three times in a sentence. my head hurts.)
DM: Angel hesitates, trying to think of what might be the price of a rowboat. "Uhm... maybe we could find something here to give him...?"
Siara looks at Angel. "Are rowboats like that really so hard to find or make?"
DM: (It's okay, I didn't even notice)
Ikitt: (What's the floor made of?)
DM: Angel grins a bit. "I mean it more out of... politeness. It's his property. If we're just gonna leave it here, we should at least pay for its absence. I mean, he might not even care, but that's one of his lifeboats. But as to why she didn't make a craft... I don't know, maybe her insanity cripples her in some... higher functions?"
DM: (Stone, everywhere through this place.)
Ikitt: (worked stone?)
Siara: (...sink the floor beneath the stone.)
DM: (Well... there is uhm... *cough* Hints in the diary about some things in the hall... uhm... *COUGH* But yeah, worked stone. There is only one room that doesn't have worked stone in this section of the map and you haven't found it yet.)
Ikitt: Kyle walks up to the rubble and starts rubbing his chin. "Dang, if only we had a way to burrow under all this, I bet the otherside of the wall can't be that far.. OR if we just had a few extra pair of hands from some jacks, or guys like Rooke."
Ikitt then walks back and picks up the warhammer laying on the ground that Siara dropped; weighting it in his hands before slamming it down hard on the stone floor.- "I bet we could crack some of the made stones into pieces.. and pull the fragments out... ahh, nevermind I got no idea. Maybe we should just keep going."
DM: (Where are you slamming the ground?)
Ikitt: (near the start of the rubble?)
Siara: (Link the map again?)
DM: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46...
Ikitt: (Also we can head back to piano room, and try to open that door, it should lead to the surface, and that links back to teh old room where the book lies. )
Siara: (Aha!)
Ikitt: (. I will not be able to move them until I am stronger, but I know there is another entrance somewhere on the surface to reach the old parts. I can hear Uncle breathing… I do not believe there will be anything left of the hall’s furniture when he is done. He speaks of the Masters, warns me to find the Book of the Creators and to save myself. I do not know what he means, and he knows I cannot leave this place without his help. The dryads will not let me leave, they say I am a… ‘servant’ of the Masters. I am not strong enough to defy them just yet, so I will have to find another way out. There is a door which Uncle says leads to the surface, just off the room with the piano, but I do not have the key… and again, frustratingly enough, I am not strong enough to shove it down. )
Ikitt: (But Kyle didn't read the diary so.. ya I can't say it out loud )
DM: Kyle, you slam the hammer heavily into the ground and the stones crumble about it... some of the stones nearer the center of the room fall, creating a small fist-sized hole. You hear a clatter soon after.
DM: (Angel read it out loud to everyone.)
Ikitt: (Clatter like what?)
Siara: (She buried her uncle in the room we're in though, and this is the room that leads to the broken temple where the book is supposed to be.)
DM: (Like a rock clattering against a stone floor)
DM: (Beneath you)
Ikitt: (sure give it another wack)
DM: (Shea, are you in on this, or are you just standing off to the side in a zombie stance?)
Siara looks up suddenly. "Burrow... Under?" He kneels down, running his hands over the floor to get a feel for it and what lies beneath. "Stone... And normal dirt. She buried her uncle, it can't be too solid... Hit it again!"
Nanteu: (Zombe stance)
DM: (Aw... come on, play!)
Nanteu "Be careful, it may all fall through if you hit it hard enough."
Ikitt: (Shea if your not up for tonight game just let us know)
Nanteu: (It's okay, I'm sorry, I'll try and do more.. Just.. not lead.)
DM: (Brb, gonna find some pig epidermal skin)
Ikitt: (I taught her that word)
DM: (Back)
DM: (In relation to crackling... yus)
Siara: (If you want me to break through the floor, just say so and I'll do it for you. xD)
Ikitt: (So I say we back track and check for that other way out)
Siara: (When we just discovered a hollow chamber!?)
Siara: (The way out will be there when we get back.)
Ikitt: (I'm going to keep cracking at the floor then, since Siara cheering me on I guess)
Nanteu: (Go for it)
Siara: (I just told you to hit it again xD)
DM: Angel moves away from the pile of stones in curiousity, moving closer to where Kyle smacked the ground the first time. She makes sure her pack is firmly strapped on before tucking her thumbs into the bands of her belt and bouncing on the soles of her boots.
Ikitt: "Ahhh!" The young man yelled, bringing the hammer down again on the cold stone floor. "Ya I don't think there's a way out this way.. Plus, this is tiring."
Ikitt: (So am I actually getting anywhere?)
DM: Rooke takes out his mace and steps up alongside Kyle, starting to hammer the ground also. With their joined efforts, the stones start cracking and a few stones fall through, making small gaps. "Nothing's tiring when you've got a lady watching, Kyle... this is where you're meant to throw off your shirt and try rippling some sweaty muscles to impress-" (Where is Nanteu?)
Ikitt: (Vex http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=... )
Siara: (Not bad)
Nanteu sniggers, shaking her head. She moves in beside Rooke as he and Kyle hammer away, helping by simply relocating whatever loose chunks of stone that break free.
Ikitt hands over the warhammer before unrolling his rope and grappling hook and starts searching for a secure place to tie and hook too.
DM: (Reflex everyone, now!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Siara snickers to himself, standing near the wall as he watches.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Ikitt: (17)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (16 and 11)
DM: (17 for Rooke, 12 for Angel)
Nanteu: (14)
DM: (All right... Kyle and Rooke are good.) (W)
DM
As Kyle shifts to move away, Rooke catches the warhammer chucked to him and grunts. "What do you think I am, a pack horse? I can't carry an armory..." He moves away, towards the edge of the room to lean the hammer up against the wall, taking his mace with him. As both Kyle and Rooke move off the broken ground... there is a slight groan beneath Siara, Nanteu, Raiden, and Angel, of weakened stone. Angel freezes, not wanting to move as the groan continues... and suddenly the four of them are plunging down into darkness, the stones having given way!
They fall quite a distance, Nanteu and Siara both bouncing off something hard at about 10 feet down and sliding the rest of the way to the floor. Angel and Raiden, however, fall the complete 60 feet before crunching onto the stone floor of the dark hole. One might be able to hear spiders skittering across the floor, away from them. (Nanteu and Siara, 1d6 falling damage each. Raiden and Angel, 6d6 falling damage.)
Ikitt: (Just saying if the floor caved in, I think it's crazy that the two guys that was hammering away are the ones that escaped)
DM: (Yeah, I do too... luck of the die!)
DM: (Also, Kyle's meant to be full of luck, remember? The last person to speak with him must also be affected by it...)
Siara: (...six)
Siara: (Raiden's dead.)
DM: (Really?)
DM: (Just roll.)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Siara: (He only has 13)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 2
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (In total, for Angel, that is... 22 damage. She is at... 5 hp.)
Siara: (rolldie
Nanteu rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Siara: (There he goes)
DM: (One more, Siara)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (That's 21 damage in full. So, 13... -8 damage. You have one round to save him.)
DM: (-8 HP, I meant)
DM: (Five more times, Shea!)
DM: (Oh, wait, no. xD)
DM: (Sorry!)
Nanteu: (>>)
DM: (Raiden: -8 HP. Angel: 5 HP)
Siara joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Nanteu: (Am i doing anything? xD)
DM: (Just checkign how much HP you have left, Nanteu)
Nanteu: (It's like.. 6, since Cleta's punch in the face)
Nanteu: (Oh wait)
DM: (Then you guys can describe your falls. Really? xD So you're at 0 hp?)
Nanteu: (She's at 9, I mean. I forgot you let me put her cont up, thought it was still 13)
DM: (Good, good. xD)
Ikitt: (round)
Nanteu: (So what am i at after all? i don't know how you figure it)
DM: (If you're at 9 health points, you're still fine.)
DM: (Anyone writing?)
Nanteu: (Mmkay~)
Ikitt starts walking away looking back and forth for something to hook his grappling hook on, and leaps forwards from instinct feeling his feet start to give way. Turning around and trying to warning the others "Watch o_!" But it was too late, as he watch the girls sliding and crashing down into the pit. "Oh Gods, please be ok.. please be ok.. Im coming down, ya'll alright?!" (hooking my rope if there's anything and then repleling down)
DM: (You can hook on the rubble heap easy enough)
Nanteu let out the slightst yelp as the ground caved in, frantically trying to get a hold of something as her body fell out from under her control. Hitting the slide she scrambled again for a hold on something, again failing to register a grip on anything, instead merely brushing Siara's arm before meeting the floor with a thud.
Nanteu: (i'll write the rest after everyone's got something up)
Nanteu: (I can imagine Siara's gonna be flipping his shit because of Raiden..)
Siara: (Yeah hold on, cleaning up a mess -.-)
DM: Rooke rushes to the edge of the hole and peers over, just as worried as Kyle but unable to act on it seeing as he doesn't have a grappling hook or any such thing. Still, he watches as Kyle quickly gets into action and moves to follow him down but stops, realizing that if he follows, Cleta could easily cut the rope while they were down there. He stands watch, glancing over the edge worriedly. "Everyone okay...?"
DM: (I'll add in Angel too, then.)
DM: Angel lays on the ground in a crumpled pile, quite certain she is dead. Pain is lancing through her head and back and she is afraid to move, listening to foggy voices around her as Kyle and Rooke yell from above. She mumbles, trying to turn her head, but stops as she feels stickiness on the side of her head. "Mmphh..." She opens her eyes but is stuck staring at the ground, her eyes glowing blue in the dark. She stares at the small pool of dark red fluid before her face and notices it's still warm, not thinking it's her own blood. (Yay! Dramatic Angel!)
DM: (Why do I see such awesome movies in my mind when I listen to music? AND HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING THEM OUT IN THE WAY I SEE THEM!!!)
Ikitt: (SOrry I got to shave now, be back as fast as I can)
Nanteu: (I do too, all. the. time. It's like torture, 'cause you want to use those ideas somehow but know you can't..)
DM: (xD!! So frustrating!)
Nanteu: (I knoooww )
Nanteu: (I hate that smiley ._. )
DM: (... I NEED A FILM CREW!)
Nanteu: (xD)
Siara tries to jump out of the way as the floor gives way, but ends up sliding down heavily. He lands on his feet, but lands awkwardly, dropping to one knee as he wrenches his leg. "Nngh! I was hoping we could avoid a drop like that... Raiden, you alright?" He stands slowly, testing the weight before looking for Raiden. He sees Raiden a short distance from him, covered in stone pieces, his chest unmoving. "R... Raiden...?" He takes a step forward, stumbling as his ankle starts to give way again, but ignoring the pain as he trips forward, kneeling beside Raiden and laying his hands on Raiden's chest. "No, you can't... I won't..." His eyes glow green as his halo reappears, bathing Raiden's in light. Soft tendrils of light stream from the earth like worms, crawling over Raiden's body gently. (Cure Light)
DM: (AND SPECIAL EFFECTS!)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara: (+7 to start)
DM: (Good, he is now at -1)
Nanteu blinks wearily, though her eyes quickly adjust to the dimness. She scans the area, glaring through the dust to spot Raiden and Siara. Her eyes then shift to Angel and she rises slowly to her feet, wobbling over."Oh, Tindomerel," she mutters, an edge of panic to her voice. She leans by the girl, cradling the back of her head with a hand, the other held just above her face as a white light gathers across her palm.
Nanteu rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara 's breathing eases as Raiden's chest heaves with a great shuddering breath - unconscious, but much more stable. Leaning down, he picks up Raiden gently, holding him in a warm embrace. "I can't do this without you, I won't let you be taken from me again." His body crackles with power as he releases the second spell, rejuvenating the streams of light wrapping around Raiden's body. "Come back to me, my love..." (Cure Light again)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (10)
DM: (9 hp Raiden)
Siara: (Horray for epic cheesiness!)
Nanteu: (+1 on the 3 for Angel. Do i add Heal bonus?)
DM: (I can't remember. What did you do, Siara?)
Siara: (For Heal as a skill?)
DM: (No, for the heal spell)
Nanteu: (Yes, as a skill)
Siara: (Or Cure Light?)
DM: (Using heal as a skill is without magic. It's for characters like, with a medical kit.)
DM: (I think)
Ikitt: (that would be correct, like removing a barbed stinger would be a heal check)
Siara: (Oh, that. First aid to stabilize someone is DC15)
Nanteu: (Cure Light. Okay, so it's just the normal roll)
DM: (But Siara added something, what was it?)
Siara: (Cure light is d8 +4, your current caster level)
DM: (Also, brb... be back in 5-10 mins. You guys continue! Assume Angel's looking a bit groggy and stiff.)
Ikitt: (SO proud of you guys.. all remembering little bonuses like real D&D players)
DM: (And your surroundings are dark... don't mention them until I come back!)
Nanteu: (So 7 total)
Siara: (So roll a d8 and add 4, that's how much health she gains)
Nanteu: (Yup)
DM: (back)
Nanteu: (wb)
Siara: (Christ, so many spells here)
Siara: (I'm gonna have so much research to do today)
DM: Angel groggily blinks as Nanteu heals her up (12 hp total now) and murmurs a soft 'thanks'. She doesn't seem to want to move, even then. You can probably tell she's more 'paralyzed' by the pain that her remaining horn has just caused her than the actual fall... It didn't break, but it shifted enough to make her bleed from the root of the horn and there is a small crack through the base of it.
Ikitt slowly at first starts climbing his way down the rope till it reaches the end and lefts go to fall to his feet. Thanking his good luck for that he didn't fall prey to the pit like the others. "Hey! Ya'll alright, Angel and everyone is still with us right, right?!" he says a bit more paniced in his voice then normal, as he rushes behind Nanteu watching her hand light up dimly before fading- "She's ok right Nanteu, your elven magic can handle a little fall I bet, ya."
Ikitt: (how many spells do you even got left Vex?)
Siara: (Four 0, two 1, one 2, and three left on Warp Wood EX)
Nanteu rests Angel's head against her lap lightly, then brushes a hand along the side of her head comfortingly. "You're alright, I've got you," she says, then glances up at Kyle and nods. "She's okay. Check on Siara."
Ikitt: (warp wood? that's like a lvl 1 or 2 spell I thought, you guys make another custom spell?)
Siara: (It's the one we were using back on the ship. I traded eight spell slots for direct manipulation of larger wooden object eight times.)
DM: (I've forgotten what happened with that.)
Siara: (At the end of the full control in the pirate battle, Siara was fatigued from the rapid influx and then drain of great power. When it runs out, he'll be fatigued again, like losing a part of yourself.)
Siara: (It was another Dragon's Favor kind of thing.)
Siara: (...right, you don't know what that is. DM's Favor.)
Nanteu: (Sort of guessed)
DM: Rooke kneels on the edge of the pit, having gazed down at them all to make sure they're okay. Satisfied they're fine, he returns his attention to the hall to make certain Cleta won't sneak up on them. He didn't get a chance to see what was down there with them.
Ikitt: "Good.." In the darkness can be heard Kyle rummaging in his pack for a torch and flint case, then the fire coming to life. "Well let's just see where we ended up.. Siara you and pup alright?" (Going to check around our area what I see?)
Siara sighs deeply as he feels warmth return to Raiden's body, holding him tightly. "...don't ever scare me like that again..." He looks up, remaining still at Kyle's words, before turning to glare at him. "Be more careful."
Ikitt: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p... )
DM
Kyle, as the torch flames into life, you find yourself staring up at a gigantic skeleton. The torch's flickering light reflects off the stark bones - it seems that everyone is near the ribcage of whatever fantastic beast this is. Siara and Nanteu must have bounced onto the ribs before sliding down, breaking their fall. By moving the torch a little, you take in the size of the large skeleton and firmly decide that it was once a dragon... one that you would never have wanted to mess with, judging by the size.
Angel makes a little 'wow' sound. The floor is dirt and rocks, difficult terrain to have dug down into. The room you are in is large - with the torch's radius, you can only see one wall, and it is not specially crafted, only carved out with what might have been a shovel.
DM: (... xD!!! I love it!)
Ikitt: (what about when I walk around the room? any doors ect)
Siara whispers to Raiden before setting him down, picking up his scythe. "Well then. Rooke, you want to join us? I have a feeling that Cleta won't take kindly to you being out of your cage if she returns."
Nanteu turns her head to look at the old bones, then catches Siara's comment, giving a small shrug. "I doubt she'd really do anything if she found him. She wouldn't let herself."
DM: Kyle, you move around the room, finding the walls. It seems that this 'room' was carved out specifically for the large dragon. The walls are about 70ft x 100ft, and 60 ft high. You find no doors, but you do find a hole that seems to be where all the spiders retreated to. Little eyes peer out at you as you glance in the hole, then they quickly flee further down the tunnel. The hole seems about 3ft x 3ft in height and width.
DM: Rooke shakes his head. "I should stay up here and make sure Kyle's rope stays in place. If she comes down here, she could easily take it away or throw it down with us and we'd be stuck down there..."
Siara: (I'm not gonna break out the new spells until I can look over them and get full descriptions. I'll throw you for a loop tomorrow, enjoy your night.)
Ikitt: (Round)
DM: (O.O Uh-oh.)
DM: (Just make sure to run any non-handbook spells by me first, 'kay?)
Siara: (They're all handbook spells. Just handbooks that aren't listed on the SRD. )
DM: (Yeah, still do)
Siara: (I'll send you a full list of all the spells I've got my eye on.)
DM: (Uhoh)
DM: Angel gazes up at the bones of the dragon before carefully sitting up. She wipes blood from her face with the edge of her sleeve and slowly gets to her feet, moving towards the bones. She steps into the ribcage, gazing up at the beast's structure from within where it's chest would have been. "It's so big..."
Siara: (It's not very long so far. But it will have the full description, range, duration, all that crap, for each spell.)
Siara nods, then looks around in Kyle's light. "We'll have to thank this dragon for not killing us when we return."
DM: "There's a dragon down there?" Rooke asks, then leans over a bit to see better. "Huh, there is too... what's a big dragon like that doing underground? Musta been here for a while... random place to bury a fire-breather, don't you think?"
Siara "I don't think it was exactly "buried" here. This place is huge, it could easily have been built on the remains of a dragon's nest after the dragon died. And seeing how our girl is a dragon herself, it stands to reason that she's bound to it."
DM: Angel puts up a finger. "Wait a tick..." She glances at the others, then points upwards at the dragon. "If she's a dragon, I think that this... is where she buried her uncle."
Ikitt: Stepping forward Kyle sticks the torch into the hole waving it about to clean up any of the spiders. "Bingo.. That's what I was thinking. So lets try not to make the baby dragon get mad cause we destroyed part of her uncles bones. I did find a hole over here.. but I don't think any of us can fit, maybe the mutt could though."
Nanteu brushes the dust off herself as she stands. "I don't think Raiden's fit enough at the moment," she says, peering at the dragon head. "Huh.."
DM: Angel seems uneasy with the thought of the large dragon's bones being down here now that she knows who it might have been. She quietly moves over to the hole and peers at it before getting on her hands and knees to try and shuffle in. She seems to fit all right so long as she keeps her head down. "If we crawl, we could do this..." She says. She pulls herself back and and kneels there next to the hole for a moment, glancing up. "Kyle... if she buried him down here, she would have had to move quite a heavy weight... and he is completely decayed... this was a very long time ago."
Siara shrugs. "I'll see what I can do about it later. Also, I'm not sending Raiden through there in that state. But maybe..." He fishes the fang out of his bag, looking over it for a moment, then looking at his hand.
Siara: (Looking something up)
Siara: (Hey, would one of you copypasta this for me since I can't see it? http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-vile-d... )
Ikitt: (Man I wish I was Wizard so badly at times xD I can always think of the best rp dialog for them in moments like this)
DM
( Level: Cleric 1, Druid 1,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: Caster's hand
Duration: Concentration (up to 1 minute/level)
The caster detaches his hand, which transforms into a Small monstrous spider (see the Monster Manual) that he controls.
The caster can see through its eyes, and it can travel up to 20 feet per level away from him.
If the spider is killed or prevented from returning to the caster, his hand is restored when the spell ends, but he takes 1d6 points of damage.
If the caster directs the spider to return to his arm (a move-equivalent action), then lets the spell end, he takes no damage. )
DM: (xD! Would Kyle dare to multi-class into magic?)
Siara: (20 feet might not be far enough, but we could check it out)
Ikitt: (Nah, if so I would be a Ranger.. which I may do, but even then. I just like playing the super spell casters)
Ikitt: ("20 feet per level" )
Siara: (Blah, not paying attention xD Alright then)
DM: (Keep going, I just need to do some DMish rolls...)
DM: (Will do another chat window)
Ikitt: (Now think how hard it is to actually play D&D and be a magic user. Where after 8 hours of of not being disturbed, you can prepare your spells. Meaning ya have to pick and choose them before your day starts and they are stuck like till you prepare them for another 8 hours )
DM: (Hmmmmm.... xD)
Nanteu: (I'm way too lazy to even consider doing that)
DM: (xD! Right, who's doing what?)
DM: (xD! Right, who's doing what?)
Siara tilts his head as he examines the fang, thinking of the spider it once belonged to before tightening his grip around it. "Mmm, yes, I think that would work..." Closing his eyes, his body crackles with green sparks as he builds a spell, concentrating on the image of the crystal spider as he holds out his free hand, whispering to himself for a moment. A devilish grin crosses his lips as he turns to Angel and Nateu. "Heh... Watch this." Pocketing the fang once more, he grips his left hand with his right and gives a sharp yank, disconnecting his hand from his wrist.
Siara: (I would totally do that to people irl, then hand it to them and THEN turn it into a spider)
Nanteu gives a start as Siara pulls his arm apart, but then blinks at him and cranes her head, giving him an odd look - like a weary child. "Oh.. This is another one of your tricks, isn't it?"
DM: Angel watches in curiosity as Siara starts building up his spell. She's still kneeling on the ground beside the hole in the wall when he gives the smirk and puts the fang away. She furrows her brows for a moment, ready for some magical event, but when Siara pulls his own hand off his wrist, she pales considerably. It takes her a moment to realize it was magic, and she looks away rather distractedly, almost as if she's trying not to throw up.
Ikitt: (AFK)
DM: "Did Siara just pull his own hand off?" Rooke yells down, having watched. He starts to laugh before pulling back to once again watch the hall.
DM: .
Siara laughs happily. "Ahahaha! Your reactions were perfect! Yeah, you could call it a trick... Or you could call it magic." He turns and drops his hand on the floor, where it curls its fingers in a playful wave at Angel before melting into a shapeless mass of flesh, gradually reforming into a small dark spider. "Behold, the Spider Hand. Bet that would drop a few jaws if you pulled that out of your hat, eh Kyle?" He extracts the crystalline spider eye from his bag as the spider skitters into the tunnel. Breathing over it softly, he imbues it with light that expands outwards, giving it the appearance of a crystal ball. "Let's see what we find in there, yeah?"
Siara: (I can see Eschaton using it, and then freaking out when his hand turns into a spider)
DM: (Sorry, just having trouble wording this...)
Nanteu: (brb, bladder exploding)
DM: (VISUAL DETAILS!)
DM: As the spider trundles off into the tunnel, it would see the tunnel is fairly uniform in size. It goes off into darkness about 10 feet, then takes a left turn. The next 10 feet are dark, but there is another corner, turning right, which appears to have some form of light with it. The spider would turn the corner and find itself with five feet of space left before the tunnel exited into a lighter room... So it moves forward and steps onto a cobblestoned floor. Around it, water drips from the ceiling, the atmosphere is stuffy, and the new tunnel it is in appears to be a paved corridor. To the left, the corridor drops off suddenly, a wall of falling water noisily shouting - past it appears to be daylight, dim, but there. To the right, the corridor goes off into darkness and a few spiders loiter about, eyeing the new spider that has approached from the hole.
Ikitt: (Sorry the other guard is a mentally handicapped women who doesn't understand basic time. fyi My boss may walk in anytime )
DM: (Okay)
DM: (Anyone posting?)
Ikitt watches the hand disappear into blackness before poking his head in and start crawling in after it, then yelling back as his voice echos a bit. "Alright, ya lead the way creepy hand.. Gosh it's tight in here.."
Ikitt: (sorry I'm cautiously watching for cars )
Nanteu walks over to the hole to peer through as the spider skitters further into the wall, though once it's out of her own sight and around the corner, she backs up to stand close to the dragon's bones again, occassionally glancing back at the wall, as well as up to Rooke.
DM
Angel glances at the others before shrugging and plunging into the hole after Kyle. She ducks a little lower so her backpack won't scrape the ceiling of the tight little tunnel and is careful not to smack into Kyle's behind.
Rooke leans over the edge, glancing about and down into the room beneath the hall. He smiles a little at Nanteu when he notices she's looking at him.
Ikitt: (may be a good spot to end for me actually)
DM: (Aww)
Ikitt: (I mean it's at a good stopping point, we found out stuff and ya)
DM: (Ya, I guess so)
Siara shakes his head. "Bad idea Kyle. There's more than darkness in that tunnel..."
Siara: (Lagged that hard)
Siara: (Dad must be up -.-)
DM: (I reckon Angel was just unable to pass up an opportunity to watch Kyle's backside and totally ignored all reason. )
Nanteu: (xD)
Nanteu: (xD)
Ikitt: (Can't blame her, have you read how awesome this character is?>)
DM: (Sure, and we all know she has a bit of a crush on him. Why else did she come? It wasn't only for adventure! There's a cute guy from another PLANE... 'course she's gonna follow him around.)
Ikitt: Boss is here cya
Nanteu: (Cya Kitt)
DM: (Bye!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm by Kate Orchix


Session 31 (20th January 2013)


DM: As the spider trundles off into the tunnel, it would see the tunnel is fairly uniform in size. It goes off into darkness about 10 feet, then takes a left turn. The next 10 feet are dark, but there is another corner, turning right, which appears to have some form of light with it. The spider would turn the corner and find itself with five feet of space left before the tunnel exited into a lighter room... So it moves forward and steps onto a cobblestoned floor. Around it, water drips from the ceiling, the atmosphere is stuffy, and the new tunnel it is in appears to be a paved corridor. To the left, the corridor drops off suddenly, a wall of falling water noisily shouting - past it appears to be daylight, dim, but there. To the right, the corridor goes off into darkness and a few spiders loiter about, eyeing the new spider that has approached from the hole.
Ikitt: (Sorry the other guard is a mentally handicapped women who doesn't understand basic time. fyi My boss may walk in anytime )
DM: (Okay)
DM: (Anyone posting?)
Ikitt watches the hand disappear into blackness before poking his head in and start crawling in after it, then yelling back as his voice echos a bit. "Alright, ya lead the way creepy hand.. Gosh it's tight in here.."
Ikitt: (sorry I'm cautiously watching for cars )
Nanteu walks over to the hole to peer through as the spider skitters further into the wall, though once it's out of her own sight and around the corner, she backs up to stand close to the dragon's bones again, occassionally glancing back at the wall, as well as up to Rooke.
DM
Angel glances at the others before shrugging and plunging into the hole after Kyle. She ducks a little lower so her backpack won't scrape the ceiling of the tight little tunnel and is careful not to smack into Kyle's behind.
Rooke leans over the edge, glancing about and down into the room beneath the hall. He smiles a little at Nanteu when he notices she's looking at him.
Siara closes his eyes to focus on the images being sent by his scout. "Tunnel, more tunnel... A bit more tunnel..." He opens one eye when he hears scuffling around on the floor. "It's not nearly big enough for any of us to fit through, we'd get stuck halfway through." He blinks as the scout stops in a lit space. "...aha, and you wouldn't want to go further anyways. Have a look." Waving his remaining hand through the air, he creates a panel of light to project the most recent relay from his scout - the spider zone. "I get the feeling they wouldn't take kindly to our presence, even if we could fit through."
Shea: (Screw it, making a new account. There are way too many ppl in my contacts that I never wish to speak to again ._. )
Siara: (Blow them up! Blow them down! Delete them all and have a ball!)
DM: Angel calls back, in the tunnel with Kyle. "We're doing fine! It's tight, but I think we can do it... plus, they're just spiders! They didn't attack us when we fell down here, so maybe they're not keen on us?" Her voice fades as both she and Kyle get further into the tunnel.
Shea: (I don't know how '>> Ugh, Shea's too short a name.. )
Shea watches Rooke for a moment, then rears up onto the tips of her toes, as if trying to peer up over him, without much success, of course. "Any sign of Cleta?"
DM: Rooke takes another brief glance around. "Nope... and that's her name? Cleta? Huh..." He sits up there quietly, then looks back down. "I should tie myself to the rope so if she turns up while you guys are gone, she can't take me away and try to make me give her little baby dragons." He laughs softly.
Siara lets out an exasperated sigh. " 'Just spiders', she says. I'll put that on your headstone when one bites you. Keep in mind that I can't help you from a distance if I can't actually see you." Closing his eyes again to reconnect with his scout, he urges it forward into the room, gazing through each of the eyes in turn to build a mental map. "Go forward about ten feet, then there will be a left turn. A few more feet and then it turns right. There will be a stone floor in front of you, a room that I think is big enough for you to stand in." With the instructions given, he sends the spider off towards the dark corridor, attempting to glean some info from it before they arrive.
Ikitt stops suddenly, eye the tunnel size, then yelling back. "Wait, so is forward or not? Oh nevermind, I guess it's left!" (So whats out of the hole then?)
DM: (Darkvision for spiders?)
Ikitt: (what do you mean?)
DM: (Do spiders have darkvision?)
Siara: (Yeah, up to 60 feet)
Ikitt: (ugg.. I think I ate too fast)
Siara: (Wouldn't surprise me)
Shea sticks out her tongue at Rooke, squinting, then stops and grins. "So you're not a dragon then? Are you sure?"
Ikitt attempts to yell back- "DRAGONS CAN MATE WITH ANYTHING! THEY'RE MAGICAL LIKE THAT!"
Siara rolls his eyes. "Yeah, but there's not much left to mate with when they're done ripping their 'mate' a new one."
DM
Kyle, as you exit the dirt tunnel, you stand up in a paved corridor. It's tall enough to stand in - probably for a man three feet taller than you, even. To your left, you see a wall of water - the back of a waterfall that is outside. It is lit up with the soft orange glow of a sunset, so you figure it must be about 6PM. To your right, the corridor leads off into darkness - you can see beady eyes of spiders watching, and Siara's hand-spider trundling off towards them.
Hand-spider, you see into the darkness - the corridor just leads off on a straight line into further darkness.
Rooke grins at Nanteu, then laughs as he hears Kyle's faint voice. "Well, all those times I've 'mated' and had 'offspring'... none of them came out with scales. They're all fleshy little pink human babies... except for my boy. He came out grey... someone slapped some life back into him and he eventually turned pink."
DM: .
Ikitt: (run wand back come back to nothing xD )
Siara frowns as the scout isn't able to see far enough into the corridor. "I think that's about as far as I can go with this one." He places the sphere in his bag and holds out his unhand. The spider hand disintegrates into ribbons of light that stream through the tunnel beside Kyle and Angel, returning to his wrist. As they wrap around each other and reform his hand, he rubs over it with his right hand. "That just felt weird as hell."
Ikitt: (So is there anyway I can see how far the waterfall goes, till it hits land? Like is it safe to jump out of?)
DM: (How do you think I feel when I shoot to the loo? xD)
Shea looks at Siara's newly reformed hand and compresses a shudder, giving the end of his arm a impish look. "Don't.. do that again."
DM
The waterfall is frothy and difficult to see through. There's a fair amount of water coming down, so it might not even be safe to stick your head through for danger of being forced down. The only thing you can see through it is light.
Angel points at the water. "That's pretty... we should do something like that back at home for windows."
Ikitt: (xD Woah that just took me a moment. I thought you were talking about how deep the lagoon was.. took my mind a moment to re read it and understand you were talkin about running to the bathroom )
DM: (... get with it, Kitt! You're talking to a kiwi! xD)
Shea: (Guysguys, what name could I use other than Shea that's longer than 4 letters? :c )
DM: (Sheashelby. Shelbyshea. Shealicious. Sheah. Sheahhhhhh.)
Ikitt: Reaching back to his pack he fishes his torch back out lighting it and crouching next to the tunnel. "Ya, there's a waterfall and we can see daylight but no idea how to get down without drowning. I'm going check out this last tunnel and double back. Be right back.." Then standing with the torch held out in front him, carefully walking down the rest of the path.
Ikitt: Sheashea
Shea: (Hmm.. Maybe Sheahhh or Sheashea. But which one of those T_T )
Siara: (Shea Butter)
Siara: (Do it, I dare you)
Shea: (omg I should. )
Shea: (Full of buttery goodness!)
Siara twists his hand around a few time to make sure it is indeed attached. "I might have to if we run into a situation like this again. It would be better to send something small into an area like that to make sure it doesn't drop off suddenly. Come on Rai, we can go now." Crouching down, he crawls into the tunnel easily, using his scythe as a probe to make sure he doesn't run into a wall as he goes.
DM
Angel follows Kitt, ready to back him up if he needs it. The spiders scuttle ahead - none are larger than Kyle's hand, and scamper up the walls to try and hide from the torch. Kyle, you move along for what seems to be about 200 ft before you find a wall and one turn that goes to the left. Glancing about that corner, you find a door - it is made of iron bars. Through the bars, you can see what appears to be a blank wall about fifteen feet behind it.
Siara, you catch up. (Do an awareness roll for Siara only, please!)
Ikitt: (SOrry going to spam something real quick well two things https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... )
Ikitt: (Dewalts answer to home protection that doesn't require a registration or license. This nailgun can shoot a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards and incase of a home invasion well you can NAIL THEIR ASS to the wall. Im not saying it wont kill the perp but they wont get away. You can also help build a friends fence 2 blocks away while sitting in your front lawn. This is truly how you adapt and overcome so Thanks Dewalt)
DM: (... I want it.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Ikitt: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p... okm Im done)
Siara: (19)
Shea: (That's.. disturbing. Nailing someone to a wall. )
Ikitt: (Better then getting your head blown off )
DM: Siara, as you approach the iron gate/door with Angel and Kitt, you glance at the wall beyond. A tingling at the back of your neck reminds you of something, like a gut feeling that this isn't the end of the corridor beyond this gate. That wall, 10 feet heigh, 10 feet across, must be a secret door.
Nanteu joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM: (Do I need to draw a map?)
Ikitt: (may be helpful)
DM: (Give me a moment then. Vex, what do you use to make maps and stuff so quickly?)
Siara: (GIMP and/or Paint)
DM: (Website?)
Siara: (Paint is an accessory on every comp, I think)
Siara: (Otherwise http://www.gimp.org/ )
DM: (Sorry, I mean, like getting it on the net. You do it so quickly.)
Siara: (Ohh, Puush)
Siara: ( http://puush.me/ )
Siara: (Once it's installed, use Control+Shift+4 to select an area of your screen to take a picture of and it will automatically be uploaded for sharing. It will override anything else you have copied, so save your text walls somewhere before using it.)
DM: (I'll download it later. xD)
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Siara creeps out of the tunnel and stands with a stretch, checking to make sure Raiden is alright before heading down the tunnel after Angel and Kyle, following the torch. On seeing the gate, he looks up, then down, but sees nothing for him to force. "Maybe we need to try the waterfall after all." He turns to go back down the tunnel, then stops for a moment, looking down a Raiden. "Did you feel that?" When Raiden shakes his head, he turns around to look at the gate again. "It's not the gate... It's what's behind it." He steps up to the gate and reaches through it to shoot a small green ball of energy at the back wall. It dissipates harmlessly, spreading over the wall in a wave before dissipating, giving him his answer. He looks over to Kyle. "Kyle, do you think we could break down this gate somehow?"
Ikitt: "Depends really just how sturdy these bars are... But I bet I can find a way for sure." he says leaning down to check the bars, wiggling them back and forth to see if there is a weak spot, or if there's a lock.
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Ikitt: (12 search, or a 15 awareness ROUND)
DM
Kyle, the whole gate just breaks off into your hands, the stone walls where the lock was and where it was bolted in just crumbling. With that now out of the way, you examine the wall - touching over it, you find that the stones are not set in mortar - they have only been stacked up here, placed carefully to give the appearance of a wall.
Rooke watches Nanteu since she's alone and hasn't seemed to show interest in joining the others. He slowly eases himself down onto his belly so he can watch her more comfortably, and also keep an eye on the room. Resting his chin on his arms, he whispers at her in the hopes that nobody else will hear, even if they're in the next tunnel and corridor. "Sorry about the mess I left outside your room."
Nanteu leans by the hole, lstening to the others as their voices bounc off the walls. For a moment she's hesitant to go through, then musters up enough nerve to position herself in front of it. When Rooke speaks, she almost jumps, but then turns back around so her back is to the wall, and sits, gazing up at him. She shrugs. "No matter. What were you doing, anyway?," she whispers back.
DM: Rooke gives her a bit of a foolish grin. "I was bringing you some fruit and vegetables I found, and some wine... I thought maybe it would be a good opportunity to try and talk with you a bit more, get to know you, and for you to get to know me." He falls silent for a moment, then softly chuckles. "I might have been going to try and woo you a little, too."
Nanteu beams a grin at him, unable to contain a laugh. She thinks it a sweet gesture, but it was just a bad stroke of luck that it happened to go so badly. "That's very sweet of you. I would have liked that. Maybe.. Maybe we could try again? When we're out of this mess."
Siara quickly jumps out of the way as the gate all but shatters in Kyle's hands. "...that's handy." He steps past Kyle quickly, inspecting the wall. "Not much of a secret door... Just a cheap blockade, nothing holding the blocks in place." Running his hand over the wall gently, he frowns. "No explosive spells... And I can't melt all these at once, they're already cut."
Siara mumbles to himself a bit. "Too high, too wide... Would get crushed unless... Hmm. Any way for us to knock the whole thing down at once..."
DM
Rooke shrugs and grins, obviously pleased that his admission was met with positivity. "That would be great," he said, nodding. "I'll try and not get caught up by this Cleta woman... Personally, I'd prefer dinner with you than being stripped by a madwoman and told to turn into a dragon. 'Tis far more appealing."
Angel steps up alongside Siara and stares at the wall for a long moment. She pushes in on one of the stones and it gives way, plonking out the other side. "That's also... handy? Just push things over and pull things off walls.... I have a feeling this place is degraded more than the rest we've seen."
Siara watches Angel simply push a block through to the other side and sighs, having just enough sense to avoid knocking his head on the 'wall' in frustration. "Silly Siara, making things more complicated than they have to be." He gets to work beside Angel, pulling one block, pushing another, working up from the bottom center to create a hole that can support itself.
DM: (I need to piddle)
Nanteu continues to chuckle at Rooke, then gradually stops, giving one sharp nod of her head, as if strikin a deal with him, now that he's voiced his intentions outright for the two of them to agree on. "It is settled, then!"
Nanteu: (You piddle a lot)
Ikitt: (I told her the same thing)
DM: (I drink a lot)
Siara: (That's actually good, as long as you're drinking a lot of liquid to make it necessary)
DM: (xD! Next time I'm just gonna say brb!)
DM: (Let's stop talking about my urinary habits! xD)
Ikitt grasps the bars and starts pulling them free easily enough, and making a bit of a show at the same time. "I'm unstoppable! Barehanded and ripping iron bars out.. Next thing ya know, I'll be arm wrasling giants." Then without warning he comes bolting pass Angel and Siara with his shoulder tucked and tackles his way through the wall.
Nanteu: (Deal >> )
Ikitt: (It always comes back to poo)
DM: (Shuddup! xD)
Siara gasps as Kyle barrels through the wall, diving to cover Raiden and protect him from any stray bricks. When the dust settles, he glares at Kyle again. "Kyle!!!"
Nanteu: (Eh, I'm keeping my first skype account. And I messaged you back, Kate. And added Kitt.)
DM: Kyle, you crash your way through the wall and your momentum takes you straight into another iron barred-gate... this time set in a wall of iron bars. And this time, it isn't weak, so you smack your face between two of the bars. Angel giggles and follows him through. They appear to have entered into a prison cell - across the corridor you can see another cell, both empty.
Ikitt: (I feel a need to say I'm the Juggernaut.)
Ikitt: After recovering from his juggernaut like skills, Kyle rubs his face and then proceeds to check these bar just like he did last time. "Siara! ..see I can exclaim names too.. Now what about this set?"
Ikitt: (Srt checking to rip the bars free!)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: Angel muses, watching the bars before glancing down at their feet. "Oh, someone was in here." At their feet is a large skeleton - it appeared to be some humanoid a bit bigger than a human, potentially a half-orc. She glances up as Kyle rattles the bars, trying to pull them off, and shakes her head. "We should bash our way out, maybe... I mean, this was obviously a prison..."
Siara Gibbs-smacks Kyle when he gets his head free, almost shoving his head between the bars again. "Stop doing dangerous crap, Raiden's still recovering from the fall!"
Ikitt: (http://st.elohell.net/images/chill/a1920... Also Shea you coming to adventure with us?)
DM: Rooke glances down at Nanteu. "I'm appreciating the company, but maybe the others need backup? I'll be fine up here, I can yell if I need help... or try and seduce her into leaving the rope there if she does turn up." He chuckles softly, then shrugs.
Siara: (He doesn't need a new skin)
Ikitt: (guess we try to bash it open?)
DM: (Up to you guys!)
Nanteu: (Gimme a sec)
Ikitt easily shrugs off Siara hand stepping back to start kicking at the bars. "Ya ya, I promise you'll get another puppy soon. Intill then late's worry about getting topside, before the crew leaves us for dead on this island. Ahh!" he says reaching back for another heavy kick I doubt it but ether of you bring anything to pry these bars loose?"
Siara: (Wow, you really are a dick in character xD Tempted to throw that plot into the mix)
Ikitt: (ya think making the dog magical will make Kyle like it more?)
Siara: (Raiden's an elf that was cursed. He has very little magic of his own xD)
Ikitt: (It's just a dog, and as amazing of animals as they are if human life's are on the line, they come first before animals)
Ikitt: (And even then, that's not much a dick think to say, I would say that in real life)
DM: Angel moves up against the bars and tries to squeeze through. She gets a leg and one arm through before stopping and glancing at Kyle and Siara. "Uhm... I might be able to get out if someone gives me a push." She tries pulling in her belly as best she can and she shrugs off her pack and dumps it in the cell.
Nanteu looks a little anxious, but manages to force herself to rise to her feet, obviously reluctantly. "I suppose I should," she says, then moves to the wall they fell through, stepping over the bottom of a rib, so she's almost directly under Rooke. "Be safe," she says, head tilted back to look at him. For a several moments she simply watches him, faintly smiling, reminiscent of their conversation moments before, then turns away to make her way over to the hole. Poking her head in first, she crouches down and shuffles in on all fours. "Remember, you owe me an evening!," she shouts back, then continues through.
Siara grits his teeth, resisting the urge to smack him again, but turns away. "I have some rope left. If the bars aren't too strong, you can cinch the rope around them until they break."
Ikitt: (I push her?!)
DM: (Strength check!)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Ikitt: (10, I'm too busy trying to not grope her we'll say)
DM: (xD!)
DM: Angel squeaks a bit as Kyle attempts to push her through... then can't push her any further. She tries to squeeze back out the way she was pushed in, but finds herself stuck. "Kyle!" She starts laughing, unable to get her hips through properly. "Gah... try Siara's idea! Wet the rope first..."
DM: (brb)
Ikitt: "Ahh! Come on... Geeze, it's not my fault you got hips! Blame your mom.. We'll try the rope trick good chance that'll be just enough to get her in, maybe Nannytwo could fit in also, she's slim and elven." he says taking out his waterskin
Siara fishes the rope from his pack, untangling the statuettes from it. "Save your water for now." Holding one end of the rope, his hand glows icy blue as water trickles between his fingers and into the rope slowly, soaking a good length of it.
DM: "I'm going to blame my dad!" Angel says, still with laughter in her voice. "My mum's slim as a twig, you saw her..." She struggles a bit, looking towards Siara. "Think you could open this one first...?" She motions to the bar before her. (You broke all your statuettes, didn't you?)
Ikitt shrugs taking a swing anyways before putting it back.- "Well worst case, I got some oil in my bag.. Nanteu!? Come on, we're moving ahead and need ya!"
Ikitt: (yup)
Siara: (Oh right)
Siara moves the satchels, not the statuettes
DM: (So, you have... 11... you have 10 goo bags in your pack. Angel has one of the goos.)

Ikitt: (GOt a round coming up)
DM: (ok)
Nanteu slides out of the crevice on all fours, then stands and jogs over, spotting Angel wedged between the bars first. She gives her a bland look, as though this wasn't unxpected. "You're stuck," she states.
Nanteu: (dinner)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: "Yep..." Angel is grinning stupidly. She tries pushing herself through again, her face contorting a bit before she stops and catches her breath. "Why can't people pull in their butt cheeks like they can their tummies!?"
Ikitt: (So does me and Siara water rope trick work or does Kyle need to pull out the oil?)
DM: (Hm?)
DM: (Yep, if he writes it out, it'll work.)
Siara: (Sorry, went afk for some air)
Ikitt: (Umm how does one write this out? )
Siara: (Like this)
Ikitt: (sweet one of my friends has lost 71 pounds)
DM: (What's that in kg?)
Ikitt: (32 kilo )
DM: (Wow, that's impressive)
Nanteu joined the chat
Ikitt: (Ya I only weight 125 pounds xD thats alot fat to lose)
DM: (I weigh more than you.)
Ikitt: (For what it's worth, most people do.)
Ikitt: ( ._. )
DM: (My ideal weight is 20 lbs more than your weight. xD)
Siara examines the rope to make sure it's thoroughly wet. With a nod of satisfaction, he loops it around two of the bars, wrapping the loose ends around his scythe to use as a crossbar. "You might want to stand back a bit. It would be... a shame if you got nicked by the blade." His scythe flashes sharply for half a second as be begins spinning it quickly and deftly, keeping his hands free of the blade as he tightens the coils one twist as a time.
DM: "I can't stand back..." Angel murmurs, flinching for a moment.
Siara: (Was talking to Kyle actually xD He's not aiming for Angel)
DM: (Detail the bars parting. No rolls needed)
Siara slows and takes his time as the bars begin to bend slightly. "Close your eyes, there's no telling what we might knock loose when the bars give." Widening his stance to braced himself, he twists his scythe sharply one last time. With a loud clang, the bars snap free of their holds, held upright by the rope.
DM: (Is Angel still stuck?)
Siara: (Shouldn't be, since there's suddenly a lot more space than there was half a second ago.)
DM: (So you were focusing on one of the bars that was pinning her?)
Ikitt: (afk )
Siara: (Yeah)
DM: Angel exhales, falling forward and catching herself on one of the bars still standing. She's still in the middle of her laugh and picks up her pack before stepping out of the cell. "Thanks... heh!" She glances up and down the corridor. "Well... cells. I don't think anyone's alive in them either..."
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
DM: The corridor is lined with cells, all with the same iron fronts. One end of the corridor, however, has a wooden door that is ajar, leading to another stone corridor.
Nanteu holds her arm over her eyes as Siara works on the bars, then lets it drop to her side again, stepping through the gap after Angel.
Siara untwists the rope rapidly, then unwraps it from his scythe, letting the bars fall noisily. He starts coiling it back up as he starts walking. "Not for a very long time, anyways. Know anything about old kingdoms near Elmrock, Angel?"
DM: Angel grins a little bit. "Not old ones... Well... yeah, a few, but... most are thought to be destroyed or reinhabited." She glances at him and then at the prison cells around them. "Are you asking if I know where we are? What this island is?"
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara nods. "It reminds me of a very old Elmrock. We even have ruins like this in a few sectors of the White Forest to throw people off the trail. They come looking for the hidden world of the Lunar Elves, but stumble upon a broken city reclaimed by nature. It helps to perpetuate the idea that there's no such world."
Ikitt: (Pssst~ Shea... bardic knowledge..)
Nanteu: (It'll fail.. )
DM: Angel shakes her head. "The art upstairs isn't in elven design... or not all of it, at least. The structuring here is not grand enough, the architecture more... blocky. If you haven't noticed, the ceilings are higher too, which probably means that it wasn't just elves that lived here once upon a time, other taller species too. Our history doesn't have many races that actually co-existed peacefully before Elmrock's treaty..." She trails off, seeming to hold something back.
Ikitt: Kyle steps in quietly the best he can, pulling his bag in afterwards, and starts moving up and down the cell blocks just to make sure nothings in them. "Let's just double check these cells real quick.."
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Ikitt: (8 for search! Also it's worth a try Shea)
Nanteu: (I have Goo now too.)
DM: Kyle, you see nothing but bones and some scraps of old blankets or broken jars in the cells. One or two doors are broken, (cells 2 and 7) and in those cells, further investigating, you find that the occupants scratched words on the walls.
Siara looks over his shoulder at Angel as he puts away the rope. "You know by now that we're not going to force you to do anything you don't want to, but if you can give us any information about this place, it might help us prepare for what's ahead."
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM: Angel drily smiles. "It's not that I don't want to, just... I'm trying to figure it out. I mean, with all this rubbish about Creators and Masters that Cleta has in her diary, I'm starting to wonder if the legends are true or not... or if she's truly just a madwoman having made it all up. We..." She trails off again, embarrassed.
Ikitt: (guessing I can't read any of it ether huh?)
DM: (Can only but try!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (What exact information is Nanteu wanting?)
Ikitt: (no clue she never said)
DM: (So, do you try to read the writing? And in which cell do you try?)
Siara perks up his ears, his tail wagging slightly. "Before a few weeks ago, you would have thought it impossible for beings from alternate planes of reality to show up in your plane, but here we are. I'd go as far as saying that nothing is impossible, even if it's a stretch. What are the legends?"
Ikitt: Didn't know there was trying involded in reading. But ya, cell 2 first I guess then 7?)
DM: (xD They're hard to read. Okay, writing.)
Siara
Room 2:
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
Nanteu: (I don't know, whatever you can give me I guess. That Nanteu could know. 10 isn't very high for much though, so maybe Goo could help, if he would know anything. Up to you)
DM: (Diplomacy check, Siara, on Angel.)
DM: (Goo can help, but you need to be exact in what you're looking for or he's no help.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara: (20)
Ikitt: (Don't forget you have other bonuses to Bardic Knowledge Shea)
DM: (I'm a 20 too. Tiebreaker without bonuses, Siara.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (DAFUQ)
Ikitt: (WAIT)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (WHAT?)
Ikitt: (In the case of a tie you use the users base stat for the skill and compare them before rolling off again)
Ikitt: (Unless you two just want to keep rolling xD)
Siara: (Mine's +3 in Diplomacy)
DM: (... lets roll, see if it happens again! Mine's +5)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara: (Bah xD)
DM: (Angel's all secretive. xD)
Ikitt: (No not the +3, or +5 it wouldbe like you RAW Cha stat and hers)
Ikitt: (ROUND soon)
DM: (Charisma = 14)
Siara: (Oh, Siara's is 16)
Siara: (Eh, I failed the other rolls, do what you like xD)
DM: Kyle, you find sketchings on the walls of two cells. Checking one of the cells, the writing is foreign to you, much like the language you found in the book. However, scanning over the walls of the cell opposite the wooden door, you find something. Several phrases are in Common, written poorly, but after a bit of squinting and tilting of the head, you figure it out. 'Imprisonment: 67R' Another says 'I cannot write the truth on these walls, find Ranil.' In larger writing, taking up a whole wall is 'FIND RANIL'. Tiny writing on the wall, down in the corner, near the floor says 'I'm going now.' And beside that writing is a stocky looking skeleton of a humanoid, shorter than a human.
DM: Angel licks her lips, then shakes her head. "It's... stupid. It's just the stuff of bedtime stories for children." She pauses, seeming to mull over whether its worth embarrassing herself or not, then blushes and plays with a fold of her dress. "Uhm... the stories go that... the Creators fled the world after they had done their work, but they left places behind that told stories of how they... did things, how they made the world, and the things that inhabit it. It's said that they fled when one of their creations rose up against them, that it was time for them to go when they knew their work was done. They favored a specific race, but it was never said which, and they had always looked upon the race that made them flee as some sort of personal joke..."
DM: (brb)\
Siara and Raiden listen eagerly, their tails wagging and waving in unison. When Angel's finished, Raiden sits down with a bump, and Siara crosses his arms, both puzzled. "Hmm... It sounds like the story of Nessa Elensar, the supposed creator of the Lunar Elves. The White Forest was her boon to us, and she taught the very first Lunar Elves the spells needed to make it a forest of illusions before weaving a world of her own to reside in and protect the spirits of our dead. The only ones who "rose up" against her though, are the few like me who don't believe that she could have done it with only moonlight." He rubs at his forehead before reaching into his hair and pulling out the ribbon, letting it fan out behind him, long and straight. "Phew... Anyways. Do you think the favored race was dragons, or could dragons have been the butt of the joke?"
DM: (Back, and Sheaaaaaaa!)
Ikitt: (I'm back, just seriously having sleeping issues. That round felt like it took twice as long.)
DM: (Just so you know, that was about average time. )
Ikitt: (ehh, it must just be the 12's starting to catch up to me.)
Nanteu walks up the hall very slowly, fingers trailing across the bars of each cell as she passes them. She watches the ground before her dreamily as Siara recites a legend of his people, though she also looks deeply saddened at the same time, like a lost puppy. The look flickers for a moment and she stops in the middle of the hallway, staring off into space.
Nanteu: (Sorry, back. Forget the whole knowledge thing, doesn;t matter anymore.)
Ikitt leans down and reads off the scribbles, repeating the name once more out loud. "Ranil.. Huh? Hey ya'll I found some writing from a dead dwarf, or gnome.. or maybe a halfling. All it says is Find Ranil, that name have any meaning to you two bards?" he says moving back toward the group ready to go one to the wooden door. His torch fading down to nothing. "Opps.. don't worry I'll pull out the hood." The metal clanking can be heard as his lantern's light comes back into view.
Siara glances over at Kyle. "You don't have to use your oil yet, It's almost time for me to recharge... I can light the way if you'd like."
DM: Angel glances up at Kitt and shakes her head as the lantern lights up the place. "No, never heard of it... maybe Dalen would know? We'd have to ask when we get back to the ship, though, seeing as she's... not here." She glances at Siara, having considered his story, then shrugs. "The dragons could be either... but I doubt they were the joke. They're magnificient beasts."
Nanteu pushes against one of the bars for no particular reason, seeming to give herself something to do more than actually get through to the cell. "Why dragons, though? Of all the magnificent creatures."
Ikitt Kyle tinkers with the lantern's wick and oil for a bit seeming agitated before walking pass them to the door and looking whats on the other side. "Magnificent trophies maybe.. dragons, pff~ Nothing more then giant evil geckos. And I'm fine with light.."
DM
On the other side of the door is a short hall and another door - also ajar. If Kyle were to peek into the room it entered into, he would find what appeared to be a cluttered prison office. There are several desks, each with chairs, and many scrolls and pieces of parchments and dusty books spread all about - any you would look at would appear to be written in that strange, annoying language that nobody knows.
Angel follows Kyle through and peers into the office with him. "Well... whoever lived here before didn't look very organized." She moves to push the door further ajar and leaps up in fright as a ringing of a bell starts - it was just attacked to the door frame, rigged to tinkle if anyone passed through. She stares up at it for a moment, then embarressedly ducks her head and walks further into the room. There is another door opposite the one they have passed through, wooden, and with a lock.
Angel wanders towards one of the desks and glances at the floor, frowning. "It looks like someone had a fight here... there's dried blood on the papers and a skeleton with a dagger through its ribs..."
Siara shrugs. "If you insist. Just offering to help conserve supplies since mine are easily restored. Regarding the dragons, it's true that they're just giant lizards at their core, but they're indeed beautiful, if hard to kill. I'll make a note to ask Dalen about it when we get back to the ship. In the mean time..." He looks up in alarm as the bell sounds. "...we should be careful. It's entirely possible that we're not alone down here."
Ikitt lazily kicks the dagger to get a glance of it's shape, then moves on to desk checking the draws for anything useful. "It's seems that would be true Angel, but lets search the place quickly and move on. Maybe there's a key here in case we run into any more locked doors. And I wouldn't jump to say this place was a prison, could been something far worst."
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Ikitt: (Man I can't find anything good luck everyone else)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: ( .. i'm not even going to comment.)
DM: Kyle and Nanteu, you only find more papers that you can't read.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Eh, 12.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara: (xD)
Siara: (Search is 10)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara: (FFFFFFFF Of course Raiden gets the good rolls out of combat)
DM: (Gosh! xD)
Ikitt: (Raiden just found a bone I bet)
DM: Siara and Angel also search around and find nothing, however, Raiden snuffles under some papers and finds a set of keys. Along with the keys is a skeletal hand gripping them... the rest of the body appears to have disappeared.
Ikitt: (Like perfect sized for his mouth)
Siara: (Can't land a hit to save his life, but finds all the good things)
Raiden joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Nanteu: (I think I'm almost done with history ~ )
DM: (Nice!)
Raiden snuffles around near Siara before branching off, turning over small things and papers that the other seem to have neglected. He gives a joyful bark when he overturns some papers and finds a set of keys. As he picks them up, he yelps in surprise and drops them as a skeleton hand comes out with them, then gingerly picks them back up and trots back over to Siara.
Siara: (SNUFFLES)
Siara: (Such a fun word)
Ikitt
(How you see Raiden http://www.dogbehavioronline.com/wp-cont...
How I see Raiden http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-ga... )
Siara: (xD)
Siara: (More or less, and with a few alterations to body pattern...)
DM: (Heh!!!!!!!)
Ikitt: (I love Blood Hounds)
Siara turns at Raiden's bark, the hair on his neck rises when he spots the hand swinging beneath the ring. "...yikes. Someone really wanted these keys." He takes them gently, flicking at the bones to try to dislodge them before shrugging. "Who wants them now?"
Nanteu "Skeleton keys," Nanteu states simply, then snickers at her joke, wandering through the office and flicking through scrolls and papers.
DM: (I am really trying not to crack up at that... Mum's in the room. xD)
Siara: (Oh gods, too perfect)
Nanteu: (:3)
Ikitt: (We all laughing at Shea dry humor again?)
Siara: (We are)
Ikitt: (Too the next room!)
Siara: (You know I'm going to be like "Join us for a spell!" when Siara and Raiden are teleporting through trees)
Ikitt: (Round soon again)
DM: (Yeah, give me a moment. Mum just argued with me and I have no clue about what. Brb)
Ikitt: (Bet she's being yelled at for piddling too much, and using all the paper.. or drinking all the juice)
DM: (-.- nope, she's upset because I wanted to be alone. I told her that nicely, she got all huffy and swore and left. So, I feel a bit stink right now. Give me a bit longer to try writing up this room.)
Siara: (Let her watch! xD Or link her the history, it can be her new serial drama)
DM: (Don't really want anything to do with her right now.)
Siara: (Link her the history LATER, silly girl. I'd love for my mom to be that interested in my recreational activities.)
DM: (She's not interested in this. She'd get bored stupid.)
DM: (Someone write opening the next door with the keys and I'll write up the room beyond.)
Nanteu: (My dad's interested enough - I'm just too shy to show him anything )
Siara swings the keys around on a finger as he approaches the door, tossing it upwards lightly to catch one of the keys by the handle. He tries each one in turn until he finds the right one, pushing open the door and holding it open for Kyle so he can light the way. "Not exactly."
DM
Siara, you open the door and find yourself gazing out into a massive hall - ornate with marble pillars, decorative art along the walls, and strange panels on one wall that appear to radiate a soft glow of blue, lighting up the room in a spooky light. As you stare at these panels, you are surprised to find a colorful red fish swim past within them... and realize that everyone is underwater.
The room, expansive as it is, appears to have been a throne room of sorts. A pedestal with a large chair seated on it still stands, but the stone chair is half decayed, blue shadows playing across it. However, as you look about... you see skeletons. They wear armor - Elvish design - and most carry weapons... or did, before they ended up dead corpses. What you find disturbing about these skeletons that few still have their heads intact. Their heads were not sliced off - a blade would have left a cleaner cut... these were cracked off. Ones that still have heads instead have their jaws broken in two.
DM: (I'll draw up another map)
Siara: (w)
Siara: (Wait, is the room underwater as in below water level, or is it literally underwater?)
DM: (Below water level)
DM: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46...
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Ikitt: Carefully walking up with the rest of the group Kyle holds his lantern casually off to the side, using it to fill the room with light. Mixing the golden shading and blue over-light across the back walls. "This doesn't bold well.. Seems something ate these peanuts brains first. Think it was the girl? Or mindflayers?" he said
Siara steps into the room, surprised that it's actually well-lit. "No need for the- ...woah." As he looks around, his jaw drops when he sees that they've descended somehow and that the room is technically underwater. "This is a bit worrisome... Raiden?" He holds his scythe at the ready as Raiden trots up beside him, his bolt patterns crackling with a prepared Light spell. They move together, alert for motion, until they spot the throne and mass of skeletons up ahead. Lowering his scythe, he advances, inspecting the armor and weapons. "...these are of Elven make. This was an Elf kingdom?" He then moves to inspect the skeletons, slowly moving away from the mangled bodies when he sees them. "This was a massacre... A prison riot."
Ikitt: "Hey Angel you've lived in a castle most your life, any idea where the treasure room is normally kept?" Then motioning to both sides of the room.
Siara shakes his head. "I don't like this room... There's too much death here. Too many things that could go wrong."
DM: Angel seems more preoccupied with staring at the skeletons. "Castles don't have treasure rooms unless they have dragons," she murmured off-handedly as if she's not paying attention. She thumbs over her shoulder. "Cleta's probably collected it all anyways, if she truly is a dragon." She crouches down beside one of the skeletons, reaching out to turn it's skull over. She turns another over. "If this was a prison riot, why would so many guards died and none without armor?"
DM: A shark lazily peers in through the panels, swimming by and eyeing the party with curiosity before leaving.
Ikitt chuckles turning his light back toward Siara. "What afraid of a few bones? Come on, whats the worst thing that could happen? We get attack by undead and the glass walls shatter flooding us underground. We'll be fine.
Siara clenches his scythe tight, clearly on edge, until Raiden brushes against him. "That's exactly what could happen. I didn't think to ask Ehlonna for any water-based spells - if the glass breaks, we're all going down."
Nanteu looks saddened as she realises what fills the room - bodies, of elves, and then looks slightly sick. "I wonder if this is.. anything like.." she trails off, gazing at the shark as it glides by.
Ikitt: (Oh I want to check the bones near the throne and rings?!)
DM: Kyle, as you look over the bones near the throne, you find they are only covered by more elvish armor. The skeleton behind the throne appears to have been a servant, smaller, no armor, and carried an ornate silver tray and plate, the food on it long gone. There are no rings, no riches... none of these skeletons belonged to whomever was on the throne once upon a time. However, you do find a set of handcuffs broken on the floor by the servant's skeleton, having been opened with a silver knife and fork.
Ikitt: "Oh I wonder if the kings skeleton has anything on it, if it's still here that is!" The sound of the bones crushing as Kyle stomps his way back toward the throne, making sure to stomp on a few of the skeletons remaining skulls. "And if they were undead they would have attacked us on sight, luckily someone already crush there skulls so no worries there.. Aww, nothing here but a escaped prisoner.. dang."
DM: Angel eagerly wanders over, keen to see who could have caused so much trouble. She stares down at the body of what might have been a servant and huffs a sigh. "She couldn't have done all that... plus, she was killed in the same way. Look at her jaw, and her ribs are crushed in..." She eyes the broken handcuffs on the ground and then at the others. "Well... what are we doing now?"
Siara shivers at the sound of crunching bones, tempted to take a swing at Kyle for desecrating the bones further, but accepts that there's no getting around it. With a sigh, he lowers the blade and looks over the armor again, testing the quality and resiliency. "The armor and weapons seem to still be in good shape... We could get some new gear while we're here. It's Elven design, so it should fit everyone comfortably... Except for Kyle." He gives Kyle a once-over. "Mmm... It's a toss-up. Might fit, might not."
Nanteu wraps her arms about herself, stepping delicately over bits and pieces of bone as she movs across the space, turning left towards the single door at the far end of the hall.
Ikitt: "Oh ya, Elven armor is that stuff pretty dang light, I remember hearing about it? Something about how they didn't value the heavier and stronger metals. But I'm fine I think we should go... Ummm.." he turns looking at all three hallways. "That one! Nanntwo gots the nose for treasure I'm sure.."
Ikitt: (and might I add I think I'm playing in character, Kyle is a low end human, royalty, and elven things means pretty little to him)
Nanteu reaches the door and goes straight for the handle, pushing the door in with her knee and the strength of her arm, in case it might be jammed. She glares sternly at the door, hearing Kyle's comment echo around her head. "I'm not some treasure-sniffing bloodhound, Kyle."
Siara rubs at his temples. "Ehlonna grant me the strength... You're right, we don't use bulky materials in weapons, but there is no doubt of its strength, or indeed of its beauty. You go on ahead, I want to see if there's something here that might work better for me..." He glances over the sea of skeletons, looking for one his size, and starts checking over the armor.
Siara: (Visual upgrade later, perhaps.)
Ikitt: (Heck good chance it could be master crafted and made from another form of metal)
Siara: (Since it's not made of magic, I can't do a Spellcraft check to look into it. Is there a check to see what an item is made of?)
Ikitt: (appraise )
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (16 for appraisal)
Ikitt: (Kate died)
DM
Nanteu, the exit before you has no lock, it's two massive doors reaching high to the ceiling. You take the handle of one and open it, finding yourself looking out at a corridor... wreathed in dry blood. The wall to your right has the same panel, but the dried blood is caked up the side, giving it a murky appearance. Littering the floor are more skeletons... but these have been sliced through with a blade. Whoever killed the people in the hall managed to get their hands on a good weapon...
Beyond the bodies, the corridor opens up straight through an archway and into a large room where more bodies litter the floor. It looks like a true massacre happened here... The room appears to have been a foyer of some sort, the panels still on your right. The shark is back, lazily staring once more.
Siara, you find many elves with about the same sized body as yourself. One looks like it'd be a perfect fit. It consists of helm, greaves, chestplate, pauldrons, a buckler for each arm, shin-braces, belt, and sturdy boots. All are made in a light metal that you're uncertain of the make, but it feels cool to the touch and slightly... leathery, yet scaly at the same time. You have a strange desire to sniff it, even if it was on a dead body, and it smells surprisingly fresh and... slightly acidic, but not in too bad a way. It smells sort of familiar, you think.
(Design is completely up to you, so long as it has those components mentioned... or take them away as you like. The color can be anything, but it will be slightly 'muted'. It is designed as if for royal guards, so its a little fancy. It is Master Crafted, functions the same as studded leather armor.)
Siara: (See, I told you there would be undead!)
Siara: (Skype it)
DM: (Skype what?)
Siara: (The image I had in mind xD)
DM: (Skype hates me today. can you bring up a chatzy?)
Siara: ( http://us6.chatzy.com/51032852874485 )
Siara: (w)
Nanteu barely manages to suppress a shocked gasp as the door pops open and she steps through, and slips her arms around herself again, involuntarily this time, as though the gross amount of blood is biting at her skin. She walks with gradual steps, taking in the sights even though they pain, and somewhat disgust her. Making it to the large room, she starts to have a look round, trying to block out the sights of the bodies and smell of old blood.
Ikitt: Kyle follows Nanteu waving Angel to hurry along, and to give Siara some time to change. "Alright we'll be right ahead of ya.. hurry up though." He then slips pass the bloody hallways and into the next room. "Huh, I swear I can never tell when she is seriously angry or just being a elf.. so, stoic. Strange that all of you aren't that way."
Ikitt: (round)
DM
Angel follows Kyle and Nanteu, less shaken than Nanteu, but not as cool as Kyle. She stares at the bodies, stepping into the foyer and gazing about. After a long, long moment, she points to what must have been the weapon that killed so many. It was standing upright, propped through a skeleton's armor, having sliced right through armor, flesh, and bone to bury in the poor elf's heart. It appeared to be a two-bladed sword, still caked with blood and... large. A little larger than what a human would use.
Before them, opposite the door they came through, is another door, this wooden one shut with no lock. (Awareness)
Siara runs his hands over the armor, pinging it lightly to check the resonance. "It's definitely metallic... And something else. It's like..." He leans in a bit, hesitating for a moment, before taking a slow, deep sniff. After analyzing the scent, he looks at the armor curiously. "...how is is possible for this to remain unmarred for so long? It feels like a lizard hide..." He stops, realizing what he said. "...or dragon hide. Amazing." He quickly disengages the armor from the skeleton, offering apologies as the skeleton crumbles at his touch. With the armor free, he ducks behind a pillar to put it all on, then secures it snugly. "Oh yes, fits like a glove... Definitely Elven." Testing the limits of his movement, he's overjoyed to find that it doesn't restrict him at all. Picking up his scythe and tucking away the robe, he hurries to catch up with the party.
Siara: (You don't want one from us since we're in the other room, do you?)
DM: (Only if you move through to the foyer)
Siara: (Well since we're quickly catching up...)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Nanteu: (Hah)
Siara: (Siara gets it, Raiden has 16)
Nanteu: (24 for Nan)
DM: (I'll wait for Kitt to be back and roll, then I'll write out what you guys hear.)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (... WHY!?)
DM: (W)
Nanteu: (Muahah. No sneaking up on this time. )
Nanteu: on us** dsfchjg)
Siara: (20, 20, 19)
Siara: (We couldn't have gotten these earlier xD)
Ikitt: (Wow Shea really stepping up your game, almost beat me and Vexs rolls I'm proud of ya)
Nanteu: (Well shucks, Kitt <3)
Nanteu: (Yeah it would have helped earlier. But noo. )
DM
As everyone moves through the foyer, they would all hear something beyond the door... splashing water, it seems. Not like a river or anything, but more as if something or someone was just splashing about in shallow water. You hear childish laughter, their voices high and young - maybe there's about four or five of them. If any were to press their ear closer to the door, they might hear a slightly more mature voice, almost chiding as if constantly warning the others to be careful.
Angel whispers to the party: "I guess Siara was right, we're not alone down here."
Siara looks up suddenly, quickly whipping his scythe out. "Yeah, don't listen to the druid, it's not like he's older than all of you or anything..."
Ikitt doesn't say much just kinda points and shrug. "So? We I open the door quickly?"
Ikitt: ( we/I )
Ikitt: (whatever)
Nanteu pulls her rapier out, then grabs the dagger with her free hand, offering it out to Tindomerel. "You may have this back. Thank you, for lending it to me."
DM: Angel accepts it back with a nod and tucks it into her boot. She draws her longsword, ready for any sort of trouble that might happen when someone opens the door...
DM: (Are we going stealthy or just barging in?)
Ikitt: (does the door open toward me or away?)
DM: (Toward)
Siara angles his ears towards the door, listening for a moment, then lowering the scythe. "...I don't believe it. Here?"
Siara
(Also, the first victim in this video makes me think of Karlton with bigger hair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFUwxaGzJc )
DM: (xD I think the nose is wrong, and the jaw)
Ikitt: Kyle quietly walk over to the dead body, placing his foot on it's chest then pulling out the double-bladed sword with both hands. Then casually walks toward the door, motioning everyone to follow. "Ranged weapons out girls.. Worst case I'm going jam the door.. Ready?"
Siara snorts. "Go for it."
Ikitt: (does this double bladed sword have two handle guards?)
DM: Angel frowns and quickly switches to her shortbow, notching an arrow into place, ready to fire. (None, actually)
Siara: (Of course it's not an exact match, but from the first angle they showed, I had to do a double-take)
Ikitt holds out his hand and starts counting, three.. two.. one.. Then throws the door open letting his lanterns light flooring the next room revealing!...
Nanteu sheathes her rapier again, then pulls out her shortbow and knocks an arrow just as Kyle busts open the door.
Ikitt: (just wanted to add the lantern is actually laying on the ground a few feet back, since Kyle has a large double-bladed weapon in one hand and the door flinging open)
DM
The first thing you see is a long pond built into the stone floor, much like a pool. Beside it is a semi-circle of greenery - weeds mostly, but it might have once supported a beautiful and lush garden. The lighting is fine here, several tall torches having been lit around the pond and casting a slightly nostalgic light upon the water. The panel on the right side of the room is fantastic, showing a magnificient view of underwater life - the shark's busy eating poor little fish now, still gazing into the rooms.
About the large room you have entered into, you see six wooden doors set into the stone walls and a path that tapers off into the distance, darkness claiming its destination. However, what catches your attention is what's in the pond...
Four children with wild, frizzy hair and pointed ears scream in fright. Three of them are boys, shirtless, and no older than seven. The fourth is a girl, and she wears a loose shirt woven from plant fibers, along with the typical pants they all wear. Before them, a woman stands tall, having reached over her shoulder at the sound of the door opening, and now she holds a longbow in her hands, an arrow aimed at Kyle's heart. Her skin is slightly tanned, her hair light brown and amazingly frizzy... she wears the same sorts of fabrics as the children, but the style of her clothing is far more revealing. Her belly is visible and toned, her thighs strong and athletic - like a climber's. She wears a loose fabric skirt that displays one leg and on her chest, a shirt enough to keep her modesty. A bone necklace is about her neck, bone bracelets on her hands.
Her eyes spark with fire as she stands ankle-deep in the pond, her voice coming out in the Sylvan language, telling the children to get behind her. They obediently do so.
Siara: (w)
Ikitt: (So tempted to just slam to the door and jam it shut with the sword anyways)
DM: (xD!)
Ikitt: (You'ld be surprised how many times I've done it. Open door find monsters, slam door, disable devise, web spell the door, Open/lock spell, jam a sword underneath it ect. ect, all fun times)
DM: (You only got to face down a woman and four children, though! No monsters here! *puts on convincing DM voice*)
Ikitt: (Kill'em all, they're evil forest spirits or worst orphans )
DM: (xD You're horrible)
Nanteu: (Yeah.. those damn orphans.. )
Siara 's eyes widen in shock when he sees what lies behind the door. "Shit, I knew it! Weapons down! Now!!" He quickly sets down his scythe and steps forward slowly, his hands clearly visible, keeping his magic silent, trying to show that he at least isn't a threat. He clears his throat, then takes a deep breath, switching gears in his mind. As he opens his mouth, the words pour out slowly like water, a soft and calming voice that's more song than speech, that of the Sylphs. "Please accept my most humble apologies for disturbing you, we found this area entirely by mistake, and we're a bit lost. Me and my companions mean you no harm..." He looks back, locking a dangerous gaze on Kyle. "...I will put them down myself if they try it." He turns back to the female. "My name is Siara, druid of the White Forest. Might I ask yours?"
DM: (I love how Kyle knows Sylvan...)
Ikitt holds the door open and freezes in his tracks, wearing a warm smile trying to not look afraid at the other end of a bow and arrow. "Faele Searal.. "
Nanteu: (So does Nan, btw)
Siara: (I think everyone does xD)
Ikitt: (Faele Searal means good morning!)
DM: (I better check and see if Angel does...)
Nanteu: (Yeah xD)
DM: (Poor Angel, all alonesome)
Nanteu lowers her aim and inclines her head, keeping her eyes downcast out of apology, and respect.
Ikitt snaps back with a sharp tongue toward Siara. "Oh just calm down there Siara, I'm sure she will be reasonable.. It's not like I haven't had a few bouts with fey before."he said with a grin, dropping the overly large double-bladed sword and stepping back slowly. "Ya, I think this is going to be ok Angel.."
Ikitt: (HA Now uses dumb Tindomerel!? xD )
DM: (Poor Angel... xD)
Ikitt: (Haha, uses I even spelled it wrong, boss could be here anymoment fyi)
Ikitt: (Kate remind me later to add Goblin or Orcish to Kyle's languages in the future)
Siara snarls at Kyle in a language that none of them can properly understand - "Your bouts with Fey are what I'm worried about, idiot. You're too reckless!" - before returning his attention to the female.
DM
The woman keeps the bow and arrow aimed at Kyle, not looking at Siara until he tells her his name. Her steely gaze, in contrast to her tan skin, rests upon him and the children tremble with fear behind her. She murmurs to them. "Return, but do not raise the alarm. Tell someone that a dog, a hume, two elves, and a... beast have risen from the Palace. Go now." The children splashed off through the shallow water and off into the darkened passage, their bare feet slapping against the stone.
Angel just looks confused, everyone speaking in a language she's unfamiliar with.
The woman waits until she can no longer hear the children, but keeps her bow up. "Nobody has come from the Palace in over 50 years," she says cautiously. "You are either ghosts, or you are... what came before, but two are elves, so that cannot be... and none are large enough to be the Destroyer. He is the only one that walks the halls of the Palace now." She eyes them all for a bit longer, then slowly lowers the bow. The arrow is still notched. "I am Hintu, Child of the Masters. Why are you here?"
DM: About now, you all start to notice that among all that frizzy hair, she has long, pointed ears.
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Ikitt: (Now we got her alone, now we shoot!)
Nanteu: (>Neutral )
Ikitt: (Actually I have to stop my boss is about to show up and I got to do a round. Was fun guys.)
DM: (Aw, bye)
Ikitt: (I got a few mins but I don't want to start writing and have to stop half-way)
Siara: (w as fast as I can)
DM: (ok... other guys keep going for a wee bit?)
Nanteu: (Aw, bye Kitt)
Nanteu: (Yes, please)
Ikitt: (rolling awareness to see if I know her race by someway, ether books, stories, or background fluff powers!)
Ikitt rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Ikitt: (14!)
DM: (Wild Elf, maybe mixed with something else.)
Ikitt: (Freaking elfs everywhere.. they're like the plague )
DM: (You're not far enough away from Elmrock!)
DM: (Don't worry, they'll lessen once you hit the next port...)
DM: (Then you'll be complaining about humans.)
Siara shakes his head slowly, motioning for Raiden to get his scythe. "We're neither ghosts nor destroyers, nor whatever was here before. We're adventurers who came looking for a friend that was taken from us." He takes his scythe from Raiden, securing it on his back. "He's waiting for us near the entrance we... found. He was taken by a young dragon girl by the name of Cleta. Do you know her?" He tucks away the information about Masters for later.
Siara: (Yay, fail tagging)
Ikitt: (CYA guys)
DM: (Bye!)
Nanteu: (Bye, bye)
DM: Hintu doesn't relax, still ready to fight even as she speaks. "The wyrmling? Yes, I know of her. Her last visit was over fifty years ago, as was the Great Wyrm's... we are not on good terms with beasts such as they. I believe the Great Wyrm died of his madness, and she would surely be far into it now herself at her age." Her sharp eyes travel over Kyle for a moment, seeming intrigued by him the most, even if the others are elves and Angel is... undetermined. "Is this your slave, Siara, druid of the White Forest? If so, you have excellent taste..."
DM: (And on that note... I think we should stop and wait for Kyle's reaction. )
Nanteu: (Okay xD)
DM: (I bet Siara's gonna have fun with that one...)
Siara sighs, a mixture of longing and frustration crossing his voice. "...you have no idea how much I wish it were so."
Siara: (Because then I could zap him when he steps out of line and not feel guilty about it.)
DM: (xD!)
Nanteu: (Don't you do that anyway?)
DM: Well, I've got a headache... I'll save history tomorrow to FoG, and go to bed, I think. As for Rooke... I think you guys are out of earshot now... *innocent whistling*
Siara: I swat at him, yeah. But I'm not gonna shock him or try to cut him for it.
Nanteu: ...
Nanteu: Good point.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 am by Kate Orchix

Session 32 (21 January, 2013)

DM: Hintu doesn't relax, still ready to fight even as she speaks. "The wyrmling? Yes, I know of her. Her last visit was over fifty years ago, as was the Great Wyrm's... we are not on good terms with beasts such as they. I believe the Great Wyrm died of his madness, and she would surely be far into it now herself at her age." Her sharp eyes travel over Kyle for a moment, seeming intrigued by him the most, even if the others are elves and Angel is... undetermined. "Is this your slave, Siara, druid of the White Forest? If so, you have excellent taste..."
DM: (And on that note... I think we should stop and wait for Kyle's reaction. )
Nanteu: (Okay xD)
DM: (I bet Siara's gonna have fun with that one...)
Siara sighs, a mixture of longing and frustration crossing his voice. "...you have no idea how much I wish it were so."
Siara: (Because then I could zap him when he steps out of line and not feel guilty about it.)


Siara turns around and grabs Kyle, shoving him through the door. "He's yours. And he likes it rough. No mercy."
DM: xD!!!! Hey, hold on now, I haven't got history up yet...
DM: And Kyle needs some reaction time!
Siara: I know, I only changed my name so I could do that and have it make sense.
DM: xD!!
Ikitt: you do understand I am the strongest and most deadliness character in our party correct?
DM: Yus!
Ikitt: And could kill Raiden in a single shot even if he was at full health
DM: You ready to defend yourself against the likes of party members like Siara?
Siara: Piss off the druid, I bury you alive. <3
Ikitt: You coul.dn't if wanted too
DM
DM: Hintu doesn't relax, still ready to fight even as she speaks. "The wyrmling? Yes, I know of her. Her last visit was over fifty years ago, as was the Great Wyrm's... we are not on good terms with beasts such as they. I believe the Great Wyrm died of his madness, and she would surely be far into it now herself at her age." Her sharp eyes travel over Kyle for a moment, seeming intrigued by him the most, even if the others are elves and Angel is... undetermined. "Is this your slave, Siara, druid of the White Forest? If so, you have excellent taste..."
DM: (And on that note... I think we should stop and wait for Kyle's reaction. )
Nanteu: (Okay xD)
DM: (I bet Siara's gonna have fun with that one...)
Siara sighs, a mixture of longing and frustration crossing his voice. "...you have no idea how much I wish it were so."
Siara: (Because then I could zap him when he steps out of line and not feel guilty about it.)
http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p3...
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Siara: (Oh, did you get Puush yet?)
DM: (Not yet)
DM http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif (Map, if you need it)
DM: (brb, gotta pee)
DM: (Back)
Kyle: Kyle scoffs and burst into laughter feeling completely un-phased by a single archer, he doubles over for a moment before wiping away some croc tears. "Oh please do tell him your jesting wild elf.. I no elfs slaves, only a slave to the charm and decor of this girl behind me. As for excellent taste, well.." he flexes a little with chest puffed out "I do work out.. and claim a dragon's head or two for a little pocket coin on the side. Oh where are my manners, I am Kyle Green, The worlds Greatest Monster hunter around.."
Kyle: (Mind you Tindomerel can't understand a word of this)
DM: (Poor Angel... she'd love to hear that. xD)
Nanteu: (*facepalms*)
Kyle: (Oh you know you love it Shea)
Kyle: (FB Kate)
DM: Hintu eyes Kyle as he introduces himself. She is seemingly unamused, but her eyes move to Angel as she looks her up and down as if trying to figure out what is so impressive about her. "A hume that is not a slave... and with a... sense of humor in the face of danger. This is uncommon... and one who speaks the Tongue." She eyes Angel a little longer before concluding the girl can't understand a lick of Sylvan. "But I do not believe you could not be a slave. Siara of the White Forest, is this true he is no slave?"
Siara facepalms heavily. "...and this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis."
Kyle: (Oh don't make me bluff this)
DM: Angel softly sighs and leans against the doorframe, fingering a strand of her hair while she cautiously watches Hintu. She is obviously irritated she didn't bother to learn Sylvan and watches everyone's movements in the hopes of picking up on some body language.
Nanteu: (You bluff everything else xD)
Kyle: (que Kyle posing in different spots and angles in teh background)
DM: (Further making Hintu wish him to be a slave... xD)
Kyle: ("Who! Haaa!, Errr!" all the noise he makes when posing )
Kyle: (Round soon fyi)
Siara nods. "Yes, sadly. Binding him to obey my every command and being able to punish him without feeling guilty would be so nice. But where we come from, humes are as free as elves and any other race unless bound by debt." He looks back to Kyle, eying him curiously before turning back with another sigh. "...I can't tell if he's just dense or if he's really that confident, but I wouldn't have saved him if you shot him. Also, the Tongue isn't entirely uncommon among adventurers. Or in his case, among pervs. Elves are more in tune with nature than most humes though, so it's less common to find an elf who -doesn't- know it."
Kyle keeps translating everything now back to Tindomerel (ROUND)
Nanteu keeps quiet, taking the oppurtunity to examine their new surroundings, though only from the doorway.
Kyle: (Feel free to use Kyle as a way to RP with Angel if you want, also I don't everyone is laughing at my amazing roleplaying skills makes me sad)
DM: (We love Kyle, don't worry!)
Siara: (Attempting no homo. Or none more so than usual.)
DM
Hintu is starting to look increasingly confused, her bow having lowered further. Her brows knit for a moment, then she slowly shoulders her bow once more, returning the arrow to the quiver on her back. "You are saying that the... Tongue is only one of many languages where you hail from?" She seems confused by the concept before glancing over her shoulder as the sound of steps. Everyone can clearly see the silhouette of a male form standing in the shadows of the passage that the children took before - obviously a form of backup, but not planning to intrude unless necessary. Hintu continues to speak. "You should not speak so poorly of a 'companion' that clearly holds much... potential." She still speaks of Kyle as an object, not a person.
Angel frowns, having heard Kyle explain that the wild elf believed him to be a slave. "Wow, it's like she's stuck in a stone age... slavery's been taboo to elves since... well, a really long time ago!" She goes quiet, but anyone could easily tell she's starting to smirk at the concept of Kyle being someone's slave.
"You... spoke of the wyrmling. She still lives, then?" she seems cautious. "Does she... speak?"
Siara watches the female carefully, spotting movement from his peripheral vision and making a note of it. Eventually, he nods. "Yes, there are many languages. Each race has it's own, and there are many races. And... yes, she's still alive. Quite out of her gourd, but quite alive. It took some doing, but she does speak now. She speaks of Masters and Creators, of a book, and of trying not to be the last of her kind."
DM
Hintu makes a disgusted sound. "Creators... and a book? The Book of the Creators? Pah... good luck finding that if that's what you're down here for." She distractedly looks at Kyle again, noting his interaction with Angel - she doesn't seem to understand Common by the looks of things. "If only what she says were true, that she was the last. For centuries, we have been... cooped up in this place, fearful of leaving. Those who do, die. We find their spat-out remains on the beaches and run for fear of also being eaten." She seems to be getting angry.
"She will find a mate, and then there will be more. More and more of those beasts... the 'honorable' ones that the Creators handed down so much glory to. The Creators... ugh, how they dare to use such a name..." She scowls, staring at the ground with anger written across her face, but suddenly snaps from it. "Did she try to eat you too? Is that why you are down here? Having fled from her? And why would you leave a man behind, this... friend that was taken from you. Did she take him? And why if it was not to kill and devour him?"
Nanteu: (This is getting tricky..)
DM: (xD How so?)
Kyle: (See when ya make things this confuszzled I feel the need to kill both parties and just take the loot and leave)
Nanteu: (Well it depends on what we say, really. She obviously hates the dragons, so if we tell her Rooke is belived to be a dragon..)
DM: (I love confuzzling!)
Kyle: (Alright quick hussle, what info do we really need? Lets ask that and just go the otherway in hopes of finding it, or just leaving)
Siara twitches his ears at the news of people dying if they leave, passing over it for now. "She took him from us with the idea of mating with him and continuing the bloodline, presumably. She's didn't try to eat us, but did make a few attempts to kill us when we came to take him back. We met some dryads though, saying that the Book of the Creators would set them free. If it sets them free, would it set you free too? We could help you."
DM: (xD!)
Kyle: (Ugg, bathroom issues, and Shea get in there your a elf pull some bardic diplomacy people, or charms!)
DM: Hintu stares increduously at Siara... and the bow is back down, but no arrow. "You mean to say he is a dragon!? And he is here? With her!?" Her eyes are wide, presumably both with fury and fear. "And the Book of Creators, dryads... are you a fool!? The only thing that keeps us here is fear of the dragon and the Destroyer! If we leave, the dragons will kill us. As we stay, more and more of us are wiped out... and Destroyer, you have obviously not heard of him... He is one of them, one of the Creators. He guards the book you speak of, high in the palace, nearer the surface... but I would not approach him. He hates elves with a vengence! Who do you think overthrow the Creators and the reign of dragons? Is it so ironic that now we are fearful of one single dragon, and one single Creator?" She angrily glances aside.
Nanteu: (Siara's doing pretty well)
Nanteu: (Okay, was.)
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... )
DM: (xD!)
DM: (... Kyle, grow a beard and you won't need a rope.)
DM: The male in the background has been listening - any who might glance up would realize he has disappeared.
Kyle stops translating to listen. "Whelp I think we've done all we can here. Why don't we take the other path, and see if we can find his Destroyer and Book. I think this is a dead end."
DM: .
Kyle: (I think Nanteu has no soul..)
Siara can only blink in surprise as things fall into place. "He's not a dragon, no. He's a hume, like Kyle. I did say Cleta was crazy. And I think Kyle has the right idea... Heh, the destroyer isn't the only one that hates elves then. Let us fight him and see. Where is he?"
Nanteu: ( ..?)
Siara: (Responses will be slow and short for a while.)
Kyle: (and I'm kinda sick so I keep running back and forth, I was just saying Nanteu never says anything really. So lifeless)
DM
Angel murmurs to Kyle. "It was sunset judging by the light in that waterfall... I'm fairly certain that the ship would be ready to leave soon..."
Hintu just stares blankly at Siara before laughing uproariously. "You wish to fight a Creator? With no higher magic than what was given to the races? I would think you mad... but you are sane enough to tell that the dragon is insane. Ah..." Her eyes settle on Kyle for a moment. "It was elves that destroyed most of them, but some escaped... but it seems you are eager to leave, not to listen to legends and myths that hold truth. Short version, elves mastered a type of magic unheard of, a dark form of what the Creators had, but we lost it once the last practioner of it died... and that is when the Destroyer escaped from his cell. All those bodies you would have seen in the hall and foyer? That was his doing, alone. I would not wish it upon you to ever meet him..."
She gazes at them for a moment, then shakes her head. "I can only suggest you go back where you came from, collect your friend, and leave however you can. That is, unless you can be bothered to kill the dragon for us. If you could, that would be... very good. But if not, then... send someone back for us some day. It seems the world outside has changed without us being privvy to it."
Nanteu: (Well there isn't really anything to do, and I'm keeping myself occupied with something else, so.. )
DM: (There'll be something to do in just a moment...)
Kyle: (Nice way to just dump lot on us I didn't mean to rush ya, but Kyle ain't going want to listen to elven lore when there's things to explore)
DM: (Nup, thought it might happen. xD You guys weren't even meant to stumble into this section of the map, to be honest...)
Nanteu: (.. Dialogue was directed at you and Siara so I was letting you guys handle it. If I wanted to get in on it I'd have to push, and I don't see the point. )
DM: (Saying something offhand would have been enough.)
Kyle: (Sorry I got to take a break then round, I'll be back in a few)
Nanteu: (If you must know I was going to have her go against the idea of us trying to kill some dragon. Just not yet. When Siara's done. So i guess I'm wasting more time. )
DM: (Wasting time?)
Nanteu: (Nevermind.)
DM: (Is something wrong?)
Nanteu: (No, I just feel like you guys think I'm wasting time or something '>> )
DM: (No... I kinda wish you'd inject yourself into situations more, but that's about it. I got no beef)
Nanteu: (I know, sorry.)
Siara looks away. "She's lost it. Killing her would be more of a mercy than anything. We can do that for you. And we'll send another crew for you, so you can see how far things have come."
DM: Angel glances at Siara and Nanteu. "So, what's happening now?" she asks. "I only heard what Kyle translated for me."
DM: (brb)
Nanteu glances past Angel distractedly, as if waiting to answer her question for a moment. She then leans forward to whisper to Siara, instead, her voice, though she is speaking in Common all the same - one of the many languages the woman seems to have no knowledge of. "Siara, your intentions are true and I would follow them, but we must head back. It is getting late - there's no telling how long the Captain will wait for us, even with members of the Ailoscath aboard. And we know of no proper way to get back to Rooke. We may simply find ourselves wandering around in the darkness for hours."
Nanteu: voice hushed*)
DM: (back)
Nanteu: (wb)
DM: (ta)
Kyle: (Ok I feel a lot better now, let's see what smart ass comments I can put here..)
DM: (xD)
Kyle snorts and spits off to the side, showing his growing boredom. "Ehh, nothing much Angel. Seems Siara trying to get more info on this Destroyer or something.. But I think we should make a choice quickly if we're going to leave." "Question to ya miss, anyidea to get back to teh surface, or the coast line? We'll deal with anything we run into we just need to know the way out of this maze."
DM: "The way you came through, there's a door out... we stumbled across it on a scouting mission when we were on the surface once," Hintu says. "Otherwise, I think the dragon has another way out... either way, it's back the way you came. We have an exit, but we've... blockaded it and such."
DM: (Not sure where Vex is, but he said something about doing the wash on Skype... not sure what that was about.)
Kyle: (Well in the mean time... what's happening? Ya'll doing anything cool?)
DM: (Not really... xD I'm just sitting here wondering if people are mad at me, which is weird, 'cause they probably aren't and have no reason to be... anyways! What are you doing?)
Kyle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
DM: (Hmmmm... shady much? xD)
Kyle: (Each time I go outside I zip up my jacket and put my gloves on.. I then think I'm putting on armor. Cause my jacket has my favorite kind of armor piece as neck guard and it's stiff. )
DM: (xDD!!!)
Kyle: (It covers up the bottom half of my face and goes all around my neck)
Kyle: (My favorite kind of heavy armor style so ya)
DM: (Whenever I'm putting on gloves and a scarf, I kinda feel a bit like I'm going outside into a world facing an apocalypse)


Game cut short by some RL stuff.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 am by Kate Orchix

Session 33 (28th January, 2013)

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551p30-eighty-percent#108438

Siara looks away. "She's lost it. Killing her would be more of a mercy than anything. We can do that for you. And we'll send another crew for you, so you can see how far things have come."
DM: Angel glances at Siara and Nanteu. "So, what's happening now?" she asks. "I only heard what Kyle translated for me."
Nanteu glances past Angel distractedly, as if waiting to answer her question for a moment. She then leans forward to whisper to Siara, instead, her voice, though she is speaking in Common all the same - one of the many languages the woman seems to have no knowledge of. "Siara, your intentions are true and I would follow them, but we must head back. It is getting late - there's no telling how long the Captain will wait for us, even with members of the Ailoscath aboard. And we know of no proper way to get back to Rooke. We may simply find ourselves wandering around in the darkness for hours."
Kyle snorts and spits off to the side, showing his growing boredom. "Ehh, nothing much Angel. Seems Siara trying to get more info on this Destroyer or something.. But I think we should make a choice quickly if we're going to leave." "Question to ya miss, anyidea to get back to teh surface, or the coast line? We'll deal with anything we run into we just need to know the way out of this maze."
DM: "The way you came through, there's a door out... we stumbled across it on a scouting mission when we were on the surface once," Hintu says. "Otherwise, I think the dragon has another way out... either way, it's back the way you came. We have an exit, but we've... blockaded it and such."

DM: (You aren't near Brisbane, are you, Shea?)
Nanteu: (No, but it's started to flood around this area too. My sis lives there, though, but she says it isn't too bad where she is)
DM: (Okay... good to know you're not in the middle of that.)
Karlton: "Alright I got a new plan, a better one.. Let's double back, grab Rooke, get back to boat and them we found a treasure island and willing to split it with them. Thoughts?"
Karlton changed name to Kyle
Nanteu: (Yeah, we'll see xD)
DM: (At some point I'm going to need everyone except Raiden to roll a D5. Not important until we get back to Rooke.)
Nanteu: ('Kay)
Kyle: (What Auzzieland flooding?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, around QLD and down here in NSW a bit)
Kyle: (No clue what QLD and NSW is)
DM: (Queensland and New South Wales)
DM: (Two Aussie states)
DM: (Or is one a territory...?)
Nanteu: (Forgot you wouldn't know, sorry xD) (Here; http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zo... )
Nanteu: (Both states)
Kyle: (Kyle mean't get back to the boat and tell the captain we found a treasure island.. ROUND)
DM: (Vex, are you still here?)
DM: (Nanteu, go ahead and put up what you wanna say.)
Nanteu: (I'm waiting on Vex, I already said what I needed to xD)
DM: (Okay... looks like we'll have to wait for a wee bit. I think he DCed. Do you remember Nateshk?)
Nanteu: (Yeah, and Malekhi/Malehki? But not which of them came to the ruined building or anything)
DM: (Nateshk came. He's the more 'brute' of the two. Malakhi is more the scholarly type, the leader of the two.)
DM: (Natesk is Malakhi's younger brother, supposedly.)
Nanteu: (Oh okay. Well I thought Malakhi was older, so I got that at least '>>