Eighty Percent

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

20121014

Post 

Eighty Percent




SUMMARY HERE

These contents are in order, but if you read through the entire thread, you may find them a little mixed up - if you get lost, just come back to the Contents.

MAIN Characters Sheets:

Siara
Kyle Green
Nanteu Amuet
In-Party NPCs

Eighty Percent


Contents:

Session 1 - 13th October, 2012

Session 2 - 14th October, 2012

Session 3 - 15th October, 2012

Session 4 - 19th and 20th October, 2012

Session 5 - 21st October, 2012

Session 6 - 22nd October, 2012

Session 7 - 26th October, 2012

Session 8 - 27th October, 2012

Session 9 - 28th October, 2012

Session 10 - 29th October, 2012

Session 11 (Kyle's Dream) - 4th November, 2012

Session 12 - 5th November, 2012

Session 13 - 9th November, 2012

Session 14 - 10th November, 2012

Session 15 - 11th November, 2012

Session 16 - 12th November, 2012

Nanteu's Dream ('Training' session) - 14th November, 2012

Session 17 - 16th November, 2012

Session 18 - 17th November, 2012

Session 19 - 18th November, 2012

Session 20 - 19th November, 2012
Session 20A - 23rd November, 2012

Session 21 - 24th November, 2012

Session 22 - 8th December, 2012

Session 23 - 30th December, 2012

Session 24 - 31st December, 2012

Session 25 - 5th January, 2013

Session 26 - 6th January, 2013

Session 27 - 7th January, 2013

Session 28 - 12th January, 2013

Session 29 - 18th January, 2013

Session 30 - 19th January, 2013

Session 31 - 20th January, 2013

Session 32 - 21st January, 2013

Session 33 - 28th January, 2013

Session 34 - 1st February, 2013

Session 35 - 4th February, 2013

Session 36 - 8th February, 2013




Alternative Session 1

Alternative Session 2

Alternative Session 3

Alternative Session 4




Other OTHER Session 1 (1st December, 2012)

Other OTHER Session 2 (2nd December, 2012)




NPC Listings: Link here.
Locations List: Link here.
Map Listings: Link here.
Knowledge and History Summary: Link here.


Last edited by Kate Orchix on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 53 times in total
avatar
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2012-06-04
Female

Posts : 177
Age : 22
Location : New Zealand


Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Eighty Percent :: Comments

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:59 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 1

13th October 2012




Kate: Yo
Gilladan: this night was rather eventful
Gilladan: and then everyone died off
Kate: Yes, it was sad.
Kate: But never mind...
Kate: What'd you think? If you and Esch are players and I'm the evil DM for a short play session?
Gilladan: pff~ I love shorts,
Kate: Vex around?
Gilladan: nope
Kate: Hm. Can you text him?
Kate: I have no clue how to play D&D with just two people... XD
Gilladan: and already did
Gilladan: you cant
Gilladan: what would you even play?
Kate: I dunno... you roll up a random character, I help you to beat the snot out of him!
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/ Murrhurrhurr
Gilladan: umm.. still unsure what to roll up or how high of level
Kate: level 1.
Gilladan: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Guile...
http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Guile%20&r=Halfling&c=Fighter&g=M&l=1&d=Pelor&a1=Lawful&a2=Good&s0v=10&s0s=Cha&s1v=12&s1s=Str&s2v=18&s2s=Dex&s3v=11&s3s=Int&s4v=13&s4s=Con&s5v=12&s5s=Wis&a=Studded%20leather&sh=Buckler&w1=Dart&w2=Dagger&w3=&k=Craft%20(weaponsmithing):4,Appraise:2&kl=&f1=Two-Weapon%20Fighting&f1a=&f2=Weapon%20Focus&f2a=Dart&f3=&f3a=&h=38&w=36&ag=27&hr=&ey=
Gilladan: lvl one character with +9 to hit
Gilladan: and 20 AC
Kate: That is a hideously high AC for a little halfling... I like it.
Gilladan: just studded leather and buckler
Gilladan: nothing magical
Gilladan: And +9 to hit with throwing darts
Gilladan: and that craft skill is suppose to be alchemy
Gilladan: +4 Fort save, +6 Ref +2 Will
Kate: Okay, cool. I suppose I should roll up a character too...
Gilladan: I never said that was the character I was going to use.
Kate: Hm?
Kate: Just making one for fun. Ah, why not?
Gilladan: ya, I could make that AC higher too
Kate: ... yeah...
Kate: No word from Vex?
Gilladan: no, he is ether eating a late dinner or napping, he sleeps randomly
Kate: Figured.
Kate: Well... why not play two characters? I'll play a character and NPCs, see how it turns out.

Gilladan: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=&r=Ha...

http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=&r=Half-orc&c=Barbarian&g=F&l=1&d=Gruumsh&a1=Chaotic&a2=Evil&s0v=10&s0s=Cha&s1v=18&s1s=Str&s2v=14&s2s=Con&s3v=15&s3s=Dex&s4v=11&s4s=Int&s5v=14&s5s=Wis&a=Chain%20shirt&sh=&w1=Orc%20double%20axe&w2=Throwing%20axe&w3=Battleaxe&k=&kl=&f1=Two-Weapon%20Fighting&f1a=&f2=&f2a=&h=69&w=270&ag=21&hr=&ey=
Gilladan: also I give orcs and half-orcs no -4 to using the Orc-double axe.. they know how to use the damn thing, it's in there name
Gilladan: Give her a Great Axe lvl 1.. D12+10 damage when raging
Kate: What's her name?
Gilladan: She has no name!
Kate: Oh dear!
Kate: Dumb orc!
Gilladan: I know ask me a character to make, and I'll try to make the strongest lvl 1 char I can for what you ask for
Kate: XD Just... yeah, just forget the names, right? We don't need names! This monk I'm making... we can just call him 'that elf with the black hair' or something...
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kate: What you doing?
Gilladan: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%20Green&r=Human&c=Fighter&g=M&l=1&d=Pelor&a1=Lawful&a2=Good&s0v=10&s0s=Int&s1v=10&s1s=Cha&s2v=16&s2s=Dex&s3v=16&s3s=Str&s4v=12&s4s=Con&s5v=12&s5s=Wis&a=Chain%20shirt&sh=Buckler&w1=Composite%20longbow%20+3&w2=Handaxe&w3=Dagger&k=Craft%20(bowmaking):4,Spot:2,Listen:1,Climb:2&kl=&f1=Weapon%20Focus&f1a=Composite%20longbow&f2=Point%20Blank%20Shot&f2a=&f3=Far%20Shot&f3a=&f4=&f4a=&h=78&w=240&ag=17&hr=&ey=
Gilladan: ROUNDF
Kate: ok
Gilladan: 220 range..
Gilladan: on that bow
Kate: Okay, neat
Gilladan: Ya, I actually really like that character too. Alot people think Rangers make the best Archers but it's actually warriors.
Kate: Want to go with a quickly-thought-up story and roll with it? It'll be bad, I promise!
Gilladan: Sure.. I guess
Gilladan: what do you have in mind?
Kate: Do we want to skip backstories, or do we want to use backstories?
Gilladan: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Gilladan: I will use this character.
Gilladan: I don't know.
Gilladan: Skip!
Kate: Yay! Easy route!
Kate: Ready For the Awfulness?
Gilladan: If you got something planned go for it
Kate: Yay!
Kate: ... it's cliched. Just... just bear with me.
Kate: ((Ahem!))
Kate: You open your eyes to find the waves leaves of trees high above you. The sky is dark and you can see stars twinkling through the foggy wisps of cloud that hastily pass by. Your back aches as if you were thrown down on the hard ground, but you don't remember why you're here, how you got here, or even where 'here' is. Listen Check, please!
Gilladan rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Gilladan: 18!
Gilladan changed name to Kyle Green
Kate: You can hear faint moans off to your right in the distance. To the right of your body, you find a large orc body bloodied and torn as if by vicious teeth. You can't be certain of how far away the moans are, but they sound tormented and lonely.
Kate changed name to THE HORRID DM
Kyle Green: aches trying to get his footing back standing up up lower to ground still, his hands ideally searches his back for his quiver and longbow as second nature. His eye searching around him for the origins of the moans.
Kyle Green: (I don't know what we're doing xD)
THE HORRID DM: ((Neither do I. That's why my name is that.))
THE HORRID DM: ((This is your 80% BS. ))
Kyle Green: (Am I still armed?! Do I have my hatchet?)
THE HORRID DM: Thankfully, your weapons are still with you. However, your hatchet (handaxe?) is lying off to your side in the dead Orc's hand... which isn't attached to it's body, but never mind! Apparently, this Orc was fighting for you at some point, but you don't ever remember having met him... or her... it's a bit hard to tell with all the spilled blood.
THE HORRID DM: The moans are only to your left, off through the trees, and they are becoming more distant, so you feel that whatever it was, it had already visited you and taken the life of the orc.
THE HORRID DM: The forest is dark and you can't see very far off into the trees, shadows pooling beneath the branches. The only light comes from the faint stars above... and a faint glow to your right. Off through the trees, you can see what appears to be the dim light of a lantern, though you can't be sure from this distance.
Kyle Green: (Hmm.. I wish Vex would pick up his phone, I love these thing when we have more then one person.)
THE HORRID DM: (Does make it more interesting... more interaction. If I dump in a character at this point, they'd know too much, so it wouldn't be fun. ... there's the dead orc though. Not that he'd make much of a conversational partner...)
Kyle Green: snatches his loving hatchet, and makes a quick search of the orc for any clues that may remind me what happen, and of anything useful.
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle Green: (3)
Kyle Green: (I sent him another text hoping he would jump in)
THE HORRID DM: His pockets are covered in dried blood, stuck shut, so you can't really get your hands in there to search... However, without much looking, you can easily see that the bites seem distinctly... un-animal like. Very much like what a bite would look like if YOU bit this poor Orc, in fact.
THE HORRID DM: He has nothing of value on him, no armor, and his clothing is drab and bloodied.
THE HORRID DM: (brb - need water. Thirsty!)
Kyle Green: unsheathes his dagger to cut away his pockets, considering I heard the moans walk away. THEN I'll see what he has.
THE HORRID DM: The orc's pockets... the right pocket of his trousers spills two gold coins out onto the grass. His left trouser pocket is empty. The pocket on his shirt has a bloodied piece of paper - it might have once been a letter, but you can't read it now.
Kyle Green: grabs both coins, and lays them on the orcs eye lids before carefully sneaking his way toward the light source off in the distance. Wary of danger, does the light source look like it's moving at all?
THE HORRID DM: The light source seems to be still, emitting a soft orange glow. Before long, you can hear more moaning... but this doesn't sound like the other moaning. It sounds a little more... human. Before long, you realize that the orange glow is in the shape of a square - a window of a small hunting cabin, not possibly any larger than one 15x15 room.
THE HORRID DM: (Since I'm so bad at describing off the top of my head...)
THE HORRID DM: It has a door.
Kyle Green: I'll make a quick scan of the area before sneaking closer to the window and slowly peaking in. Keeping my hatchet in-hand, with a strong grip.
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle Green: (10! spot)
Eschaton joined the chat
Kyle Green: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Kyle Green: (Quick make a lvl 1 character, ROUND)
Eschaton: 9Um.)
Siara joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Siara: (Does it matter what race, or anything?)
THE HORRID DM: The exterior appears to be fine - nothing really suspect except for a dead chicken carcass you almost step on as you near the door. The interior of the cabin is dark save for that one lightsource - a candle lit on the windowledge. The room appears to have been ransacked... or rather, stumbled all over. There is a table and two chairs - upturned, one of the chairs' legs broken. Blood is spilled across the floor, and an animals' skull is lying agape by the door, it's teeth soaked in dried blood. Nearer the window is a bed - where an old dwarf is lying prone. His left arm... has been cut off and he's holding his wound, eyes wide open in agony. The arm lies beside the bed, a horrible bite mark in it similar to the bites you found on the dead Orc.
THE HORRID DM: (nope! Nothing matters! )
THE HORRID DM: (Just throw me the link once you're done, then I'll fit you in and we can play!)
Siara: (Working on it)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf has a large knife resting on his chest - what he used to hack off his own arm, it seems, considering the blood on the blade. He is dressed in simple garb, obviously having been about to retire for the night before... well, before whatever happened, happened. Away from the window, on the wall to the left of the wall the door is set in, is a large cupboard. Beside it, a table with a few kitchen supplies orderly set up - this side of the cabin appears to be untouched.
Kyle Green: eyes the dwarf carefully before ducking back down, then stands up and lightly knocks the best he can on the window trying to make eye contact without making too much noise.- "Phsss... Hey, you still alive in there?" -Even while Kyle talk he can't help but glance around never letting his guard down!
Kyle Green: (coffee time)
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf's brown eyes snap to Kyle's. A crooked grin crosses his face, displaying gold teeth, his large white beard bristling slightly. "So ah did it, did ah? Ah cut it off? Ahm not one of 'em?"
THE HORRID DM: (reading)
THE HORRID DM: (Sweet, I'll pop you in the story in a moment!)
Kyle Green: (Vex I suggest something more like this if your wanting to dual wield and not have -5 to hit with each one xD http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Kyle Green: tries to open the door..)
THE HORRID DM: The door swings open easily. The dwarf turns his head to eye you, then glances about before getting a bit of a sheepish expression. "Y'know, lad... this 'ouse ain't in any condition for a visitor right now... come on in, though, and shut that thing behind you!" (Do a Spot check, please)
Siara: (Alright then, I didn't even see that part. There's a lot more numbers on that.)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara: (And of course it would figure that I didn't chose a Feat...)
Kyle Green: (I don't see shit)
THE HORRID DM: (Do a reflex save instead then. )
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle Green: (15!)
THE HORRID DM: (Ya pass)
THE HORRID DM: You narrowly avoid stepping on what appears to be an ankle protuding out from under the turned over table... it's still attached, though. Y'know, in case you were wondering...
THE HORRID DM: (This is you Siara, not that you're too aware that it's you at the moment!)
Siara: (Alright xD)
Siara: (Okay, I'm using your page instead Kitt, you rolled better then me -.-)
Kyle Green: Will search more of the house now that I'm inside, and looking to the full body of Siara? Then back to the dwarf- "Ya don't say? I knew ya kind parties and get wild, but this is different.. Who's this, and what in your mind told ya to cut your own arm off?" -Kyle tries to keep a light hearted mood about things
Kyle Green: (I just moved some things around on your CS to make it more balanced heh)
Siara: (Still using it. You know more about DnD than I do, I trust your judgment on that.)
Kyle Green: (If you swing both swords your still going to be getting +0 to hit with each one, but before it was -5.. so it's better)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf glances over at the body behind the table - well, from his angle, he can't see the unconscious form, but he seems to know who it is anyways. "Ah, he's the daft bugger that came in asking for directions... still in one piece?" He starts to ease himself up off the bed, glancing downwards at his arm. "And this... ah dunno. It may be me old age getting to me... seemed a good idea at the time, y'ken?" He grins fiendishly, then winces and sits back down on the bed, holding his stump of an arm.
THE HORRID DM: (Feel free to wake up anytime, Siara. You won't remember even entering this house, or the forest outside. You don't know the dwarf, or this human.)
Kyle Green: lifts the table off his unknown elf man, nudges him with his boot- "Ehh!? You still alive, maybe you have some answers what's going on.. Come on wake up.."
Siara: (w)
Siara: (This table is on top of me, or still upright like normal?)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf reaches under the pillow on his bed with his still functioning hand, groping for something as he continues to wince in pain. He finds a tiny vial and brings it out, holding the vial with one hand while he tears the lid off with his teeth. He spits the lid aside and lifts the vial to his mouth, gulping the contents in one swallow. Nothing seems to change physically, but relief washes over his face - the vial was obviously a healing potion or strong pain-killer.
THE HORRID DM: (It was on top of you, turned over. You might be a bit sore...)
THE HORRID DM: (But Kyle lifted it off)
Siara groans and stirs a bit, slowly sitting up almost as if possessed. "Ohhhhh, my head..." Opening his eyes just a hair, he looks around, taking in his surroundings as he feels over his arms and chest lightly for sores. "Where... is this...?"
Kyle Green: If you do decide to glance up at Kyle, you would see his rugged yet boyish younger man standing above you with a hatchet in his right him, a older looking chain shirt barely visible underneath his dirty vest, and a surprisingly sturdy longbow and quiver on his back.
THE HORRID DM: "There, he's going off about what he was saying the last time we spoke!" The dwarf exclaimed with a wave of his stump. "'Where am I? Where is here?' Surely there are better questions to ask at this time!"
Kyle Green: greens eyes would peer down questionably- "I was hoping you could shed some light on that question but I see your as dull me... We're in some dense forest but none that I remember, all I can guess that has happen is I got split up from my militia group." -giving Siara a helping hand - "Kyle.. by the way."
Kyle Green: (sensing motive! is he lieing? Ether of them?!)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kyle Green: (11!)
Kyle Green: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... Just reposting))
THE HORRID DM: You gather that the dwarf is a little cryptic... but he's telling the truth, you believe. Siara obviously came in here at some point to find directions. ((I have all the CS's we're using open.)) The dwarf probably needs a bit of prodding to give you any clear answers though.
Siara: (I do have my weapons, right?)
THE HORRID DM: (Yup. All there, all on your person. It seems you didn't even draw them for whatever happened in here.)
Siara moves his legs around beneath him so he's in a kneeling position, able to defend himself if necessary. He takes a moment to finish checking for injuries when he spots the human male's hand extended towards him. Reaching down to his hip, he shifts knees to slide backwards, drawing one of his blades and holding it level with Kyle's hand. "Who's to say you're not the one who took my memory? Come no closer..."
Siara: (Esch and Siara are both Chaotic Neutral, but Esch is less... temperamental? than Siara. Expect more "chaos" than when I play Esch.)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf looks at them for a moment, his eyes wide in a blank expression, then he shakes his head and shuffles off the bed. He moves over to the door, bars it with one hand, and then creakingly crouches down next to the animal skull - it appears to be a dog's skull. He gently picks it up and shuffles back over to his bed before sitting down and looking at the blood on the skull's lower jaw. He gives a satisfied smirk.
THE HORRID DM: ((Oooh, cool!))
Kyle Green: (what just happen?)
THE HORRID DM: (read!)
Siara: (Siara is naturally cautious of new people, more so than Esch, to the point that it sometimes appears as paranoia to outsiders.)
THE HORRID DM: (quick brb, keep playing!)
THE HORRID DM: (back)
Kyle Green: (wait do I remember anything? Name, what I was doing last week?)
THE HORRID DM: (Yup, you'd remember all that... so long as you didn't enter the forest last week, because you don't remember this forest.)
THE HORRID DM: (Basically, you know who you are, your life... you just don't know how you got here or what you've been doing here. Same with Siara.)
Kyle Green: causally pulls his hand back before walking back to the window to glance outside (will make another spot check)- "See and this why you knife ears can never make friends.. If I was going to do something to you, I think I would have just left the table on you, or tied you up.. I told ya who I am, Kyle.. Kyle Green.. Recently the town demand a militia to put together and sent north to check on some near by towns. But, last thing I remember was waking up a few yards out there, and finding this crazy dwarf and you pinned under that table. I was hoping you would could tell me what's going on." How about you dwarf, what's happening here, where are we?"
Siara: (You remember! xD)
THE HORRID DM: (It's dark outside. The light of the candle glares at you, stopping you from seeing too far outside.)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf snorts. "'Crazy dwarf' ain't gonna get you anywhere, son. If you wanna know what happened, jest take a glance out on the doormat. Surely you saw it when you came in! The dead creature... came in the open door be'ind th'elf, smacked 'im over the table, came and took a bite outta me, but Ah killed it. Go on, take a gander out that door!"
Siara: (Just realized how OOC that was, unless "Kyle" met Esch at some point xD)
Kyle Green: (I think I was still kinda vague, there is a huge chunk missing >,> )
Kyle Green: (How was that OOC? )
THE HORRID DM: (I think he means the 'never make friends' part. I still think it fits.)
Kyle Green: (Kyle makes fun of all races! )
Siara: (Has Kyle ever met Eschaton, or does Kyle know that Siara even has siblings? Also that ^)
Kyle Green: (No he doesn't know you, he's just saying elfs are annoyingly paranoia ALL of THEM)
Siara: (Ha, alright)
Siara: (w)
Siara casts a glare at Kyle, then slowly sheathes the sword. "Siara. Forgive me for reacting as I did, but waking up in an area with no recollection of having ever arrived here makes one naturally suspicious of others who happen to be there at the time. I... suppose I should thank you for not leaving me to wake up on my own." He bows - hardly a bow, he doesn't seem to want to have done it.
Kyle Green: (I thought there was just a dead chicken outside the door?)
THE HORRID DM: (... *cough*)
Kyle Green: chuckles a bit looking back at the dwarf with a questioning look- "You mean the chicken?"
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf frowns and looks up at Kyle for a moment. "What chicken? There aren't no bloody chickens 'round here! Ate me last one two weeks ago! Nay, the big beast... you didn't see it? You lost your mind with your memory boy? It looked nothing like a chicken!"
Kyle Green: (ROUND Siara get some info while i finish my round)
THE HORRID DM: (heh heh heh!)
Siara looks up. "...beast?" He crosses to the door to look outside, impatient for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. (Spot check)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara: (And the roller hates me again, fml)
Siara: (11)
THE HORRID DM: Unbarring and opening the door, you see a dead chicken on the doormat with what appears to be a bite mark over it's chest. A dog's bite mark, maybe, or a wolf's.
THE HORRID DM: .
Siara: (w)
Siara: (Trying to think of a name, hold on xD)
THE HORRID DM: (Bob! Francis! Leania! Yukon!)
Siara: (Could I call to my animal companion and see if he responds?)
THE HORRID DM: (Hmmm... yes, but if he's a crow, he won't be able to tell you what happened here either as he won't remember. ))
Siara: (Not a crow, I'm thinking either riding dog or wolf)
Kyle Green: (Do I just have my weapons and nothing else? Cause I'm looking for a light source)
THE HORRID DM: (if you had a pack with belongings, it's with you - same with Siara.)
THE HORRID DM: (Though... you may both find you have no coin purses...)
Siara reaches down to trace the shape of the wound on the chicken. "A canine... It couldn't have been Rai, could it...?" Bringing his right hand to his lips, he blows lightly across his nails, creating a sound most unearthly - a whistle of sorts, a beacon for his animal companion to follow.
Siara: (Up to you whether he responds or not.)
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf cradles the animal skull under his stump of an arm as he stomps from his bed to Siara's side to stare down at the chicken. "Ah've been around two hundred-and-seventy-eight winters, boy! Y'think I don't know the difference between a chicken and a monster!? Chickens do not toss elves over tables, y'dimwit!" The dwarf appears to be getting increasingly agitated with the implications that he's just a crazy old man. He glares at the chicken. "That's not the monster."
THE HORRID DM: (Yup, he can. )
Kyle Green: scratches his head while counting his arrows- "19..20..21.. 21? That's odd I almost always a full quiver, I'm four short.. Well I don't have time to sit her and play the guessing game, which way to the main road or nearest town?" -he ask throwing re setting his quiver
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf continues cradling the animal skull as he turns to glare at Kyle. "Well, ah'll 'ave to show you the way, won't I? Yer elf friend here don't know squat about directions, and I doubt you're much better than he!" He grumbles and heads back to his bed with the skull, setting it on his pillow before he sits on the bed and glares down at the... arm on the ground. "Lovely. Had to be mah writing hand, didn't it?"
THE HORRID DM: (Anyone wanna do a spot check...?)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle Green: 18)
Siara waits for a moment, closing his eyes to focus his hearing, listening for a response. He grins as he hears familiar pawsteps and opens his eyes to see a large husky running for him at full speed, icy blue eyes, pure white fur with jagged lines over his coat that resemble lightning but can't seem to hold a single color - sometimes they appear grey, sometimes gold, sometimes light blue. He braces himself for the impact as the dog takes a flying leap, barely able to stay standing as he skids nearly a foot backwards. "Thank Hextor you're okay..."
Siara: (Too occupied with my dog to respond xD)
THE HORRID DM: The skull that the dwarf seems so fond of has blood on its lower jaw - you noticed this earlier when you came in, Kyle. However, Siara mentioned that the chicken had been killed by what appeared to be a dog... and now, looking at it, you're pretty sure that skull has strong hinges on the back of it's jaw instead of natural hinges... It could have easily been used as a weapon with all those sharp teeth inside.
THE HORRID DM: So, the dwarf DID kill the chicken... or beast, or whatever... but he certainly knows the difference between a chicken and a monster, so it all seems very... strange.
THE HORRID DM: The dwarf reaches down and picks up his... arm from the floor and drops it on his blood-stained blankets where he had been lying after cutting it off. "Ah'll have to dispose of this... look, yer've got a dog. Dogs don't go wrong with directions. Shame ah can't ram them into that thing's skull instead of you two's... Jest head east. Ye should come to a river sooner or later, follow that... north, and y'should find a town. Can't remember it's damn name... Pinesomething, or Elmsomething... completely uncreative."
Siara glances back at the dwarf. "So you'll be staying here alone?"
Kyle Green: heads directly for the door- "Thank the Gods, I have to meet back up with my group before they move on.. Thanks for the directions, seem easy." -he pauses- "Ya, cause I bet if you headed into town you could find a cleric or something that could reattach your arm.."
Kyle Green: (Kyle is trying not to ask more questions then needed he doesn't want to know what's the dwarfs personal issues xD)
THE HORRID DM: "Ahm always 'ere alone. Not that a young'un like you'd care! Ah'll clean up, then git back to normal! It's what y'do! What are you stupid idiots being taught these days!? Sit in the dark and cry about havin' tah cut yer arm off? An' 'ell! Ahm not a rich man! Ahm not walkin' all that way with mah weapon arm a limp piece of meat to stan' there before a cleric and 'ave them tell me ah dunt have enough gold! Plus... 278 years, and FINALLY, something makes me have to cut my arm off? Ahm livin' this up!"
THE HORRID DM: You can tell very easily that he is being blatantly sarcastic. But honestly, he doesn't seem too bothered by his arm.
THE HORRID DM: (Kyle is nothing like how I expected your characters to be, to be honest. ))
Siara shrugs. "Well, if you don't wish to come with us..." He looks to Kyle. "If it's all the same to you, I think I'll travel with you for a while."
Kyle Green: is heading out the door with a clean slate in his mind- "Ya, that's the way to look at, staying on the brightside.. Talking about the brightside.." -Kyle lights up his small lamp, with a simple candle in it. He doesn't own a oil base one.- "I'm headed out, Siara your more then welcome to follow.. but I got to moving."
Kyle Green: (What did you want Kyle to be a super good guy nice chatting, what is it?)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh heh, didn't know what to expect. )
THE HORRID DM: Well, outside... it's dark. There are no paths that you can see, the hut being all by itself in the woods. You're not even quite sure which way is East with the tree coverage above, barring the stars from your sight.
Kyle Green: walks up to a tree, seeing which side the moss is growing on.
Siara nods to the dwarf - "Hope that gets better somehow." - then heads outside. He looks one way, and Raiden looks the other. Looking at each other, they understand that neither of them know which way to go. "Any ideas, hume?"
THE HORRID DM: The house's door was facing north, judging by the moss on the tree.

Kyle Green: (Ahhh ya, country boy knowledge )
THE HORRID DM: (Can you remind me? Which way is the moss facing? XD I used to know...)
Kyle Green: points off to the left of the door after kneeling down at a near by tree, his hand running over the soft mossy covered side at the base of the trunk- "Ya.. west should be that way.. it always grows on the north-side in part of the country..."
Kyle Green: (It actually depends on where you live.)
Kyle Green: (And aren't you a druid Siara?! xD)
Siara: (Yes, but I asked if you had any idea, and apparently you did. I didn't have to cast it.)
Siara: (It's not a permanent spell.)
THE HORRID DM: (Hm, interesting...)
Siara: (I love how we can just know what spells we're talking about now without even having to say it directly...)
THE HORRID DM: (I remember reading something about it, vaguely. )
Kyle Green: after standing up dusting his hands off Kyle heads off west slowing down as he passes Siara- "Ya, of course I know.. Also just to let you know, I did hear some odd moaning and woke up by a eaten orc.. So there very well could be a monster in these woods.. May want to stay close, I heard your kind are delicate.. I guess all that dancing doesn't help does it? Heh"
Kyle Green: (I've played alot D&D.. so I picked up on some tricks.)



Kyle Green: (Kate I think it grows on the south-side of your trees.. but I'm not 100% sure. )
THE HORRID DM: (I'd have to check it out. Anyhow, what are you guys doing now?)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara flicks his ears. "Dancing? If only you knew. Not having leather for skin makes us much more flexible than most humes."
Kyle Green: (listening 18 for more moaning as I head west)
THE HORRID DM: (east)
Siara: (Just make all the checks then xD)
Kyle Green: (Ya East!)
Kyle Green: spins on his heel and changes direction
THE HORRID DM: As you head east, little sound is heard. Even insects and birds seem silenced, the only sound the wind brushing through the trees. You heard the cawing of a crow at one point, but not again.
Kyle Green: (ROUND Siara turn to take point as I ready my bow!)
Kyle Green: walks a tad slower, putting his hatch back into his belt loop and readying his bow and notching the arrow but not pulling it back- "Ya I'm sure Siara.. Why don't you and your pup take point I'm going to keep a look out... I hate it when it's quiet in the woods, always creepy.."
Kyle Green: (ROUND)
Siara grins to himself. "Silly hume..." Scratching behind Raiden's ears affectionately, he releases one of his swords, holding it almost carelessly as he takes the lead, occasionally talking to Raiden through soft growls.
Siara: (First a listen check for Siara, then a spot check for Raiden)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (21 xD)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (omg, my dog is blind)
THE HORRID DM: (haha!)
Siara: (6)
Siara: (I should just make spot and listen on both of them instead of trying to split it)
THE HORRID DM: (Fumble for your dog.) You hear nothing for at least another six or seven minutes, the woods as quiet as they were before. However, just as you think perhaps there is nothing to worry about, your sharp elven ears pick up on the sound of running water - and a harsh voice yelling angrily.
Siara: (From which way?)
Kyle Green: (How are you getting +8 to spot checks?! xD also I still got my candle lamp in my off-hand, the other hold the arrow in the notch, with my finger curled to hold it in place)
THE HORRID DM: The way you're headed.
THE HORRID DM: (The generator allows it. )
THE HORRID DM: (Though hey, you guys... if you want, only put points into either Spot or Listen. They both count as Awareness. You can use the points you'd put in the other one for other stuff.)
THE HORRID DM: (Spot and listen give a nat +2 to elves, he put 4 ranks in each.)
THE HORRID DM: (normal ability is +2)
Siara: (w)
Siara stops mid-growl, hearing something else, and holds his free hand out to the side. "We're no longer alone." Drawing his other sword with a reverse grip, he advances more slowly, Raiden close by his side.
THE HORRID DM: (Want to try some stealth, guys? You're a bit of a flaring beacon.)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (Knew it.)
THE HORRID DM: (... you guys stink!)
Siara: (Rolling for Move Silently instead)
THE HORRID DM: (... flaring beacon. FLARING BEACON!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (13)
Kyle Green: stops letting the sound of a branch he just stepped on echo out with a pop and crack- "Huh?"
Siara: (And there goes the Move Silent check..)
Kyle Green: (I got a candle out, so I guess I try to blow it out quickly)
THE HORRID DM: The yelling stops and silence reigns again for a few moments. "Did you hear something?" the rough voice asks. The response of whoever he is with is quieter and you're not sure what they say. The rough voice speaks again. "Look, maybe THEY have some answers, if there is anyone really out there!" Another murmur from his companion, then the sound of a blade being drawn.
THE HORRID DM: (Spot check?)
Siara quickly swings one of his blades behind him, leveling the tip towards Kyle's chest to stop him from going forward any farther. "Freeze."
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Great, NOW my dog can see.)
THE HORRID DM: (mods?)
Kyle Green: (16)
Siara: (18 and 24)
Kyle Green: to when Kyle get's a chance he would drop to the side of a tree using it's roots and any mound of dirt as partial cover and readying his shot.
THE HORRID DM: Well, through the leaves, you both see a large human dressed in breastplate armor. He has a greatsword drawn, eyes shifting suspiciously about. As he moves forward, he throws a comment over his shoulder. "Maybe they can explain how I got a fox like YOU in my tent..." Suddenly, a rock flies from behind him and hits him on the head. You can't see his attacker, but he swings about and swears. "Look! You stupid black... whatever you are! Stop attacking me! It's not like I dragged you in there and had my way with you!"
Siara: (Sounds like a bait trick)
Kyle Green: (Siara in the front this time, you talk to him.)
Siara: (w)
Siara sheathes the sword he was holding in reverse, keeping the other one free as he advances slowly, calling into the darkness. "Hello? I'm lost, trying to find the river... Is everything alright?"
Siara: (This way it appears that I'm traveling alone, so if Kyle stays hidden he can attack unseen if things turn bad)
Kyle Green: (2D8+8 damage..)
Siara: (As long as you hit.)
THE HORRID DM: The human turns back - you can see his face through the leaves. He seems to be in his early thirties, a rough look about him. He looks... untrustworthy. Something about the set of his jaw and the way his eyes move makes you instantly think this man is up to no good... or has been up to no good. "Yes, everything's fine... come out."
THE HORRID DM: You hear a loud woosh of leaves behind the man and he glances back for a moment. "Darn girl... you're so shy! Stop being pedantic!"
Kyle Green: (aiming.. as Siara goes on)
Siara: (Yay, coyotes in the wash!)
THE HORRID DM: (Coyotes in the wash?)
Siara: (There are coyotes running in the wash right outside my neighborhood, I love listening to them)
Kyle Green: (O,O what does Siara see?!)
THE HORRID DM: As Siara comes out from the trees, you see the man fully, and the leaves of a bush having been disturbed behind him as if someone had hastily hid themselves. The man is tall, about six foot, and still holds the greatsword in his hands. At his side, you see a light mace and a handaxe also - your stereotypical fighter, you figure. Not too far from him, pitched near the river, is a two-person tent. Spewing from it's door way are blankets and possessions as if someone had quickly escaped from it in a flurry of fear.
THE HORRID DM: The tent glows from within, a lamp obviously lit inside.
THE HORRID DM: Behind the man and the bushes, you can see a faint hint of running water through the trees. The sound of the river is louder now, burbling along quite happily.
Kyle Green: (I believe this is the part where you question the man Siara, or sense motive and be bossy.)
THE HORRID DM: (Give Kyle a good reason to come out of hiding. )
Siara holds his palm out backwards, indicating Kyle to hold his position, then advances through the trees with Raiden. "Ah, the river at last!" He casts his eyes over the scene quickly, taking in the details. He doesn't sheathe his sword, but loosens his grip slightly. "Greetings, traveler. My apologies if I startled you and your party. Would you mind if I ask how you come to be in such a lonely part of the woods?"
Siara: (Let's try Gather Info)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (Yup.)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh heh!)
Siara: (I'll skip rolling for Raiden, don't want to let on that I can talk to him too soon.)
THE HORRID DM: The man doesn't sheathe his weapon either, but plants its tip in the soil at his feet, resting his wrists on the hilt. "You only startled my lovely companion... and no, I can't tell you that, actually. I do not remember how I got here... I obviously wasn't drunk, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to pitch my tent and... heh, and make room for- ow!" He's hit in the back of the head by another stone. "DAMN you, girl! What is your problem?" he shouts at the bush.
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
THE HORRID DM: (... murrhurrhurr)
Siara: (o___o)
Siara: (RUN KYLE)
THE HORRID DM: (Kyle, reflex check please...)
Kyle Green: (AATTTTAAACCCKKKK!))
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle Green: (15! Kyle aint afriad of nothing but bad spelling)
Siara: (Actually you spelled it right)
THE HORRID DM: (Ooohhh... poor Kyle.)
Siara: (I)
Siara: (said)
Siara: (RUN)
Kyle Green: (I haven't even got to make a hide check or awareness if something was sneaking up on me, idk)
THE HORRID DM: (Do an awareness check. )
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle Green: (21)
THE HORRID DM: (Hm, you pass...)
THE HORRID DM: As Kyle holds his bow and arrow at the ready, he is oblivious to the danger behind him... until he feels a warm breath on his ear.
Siara: (How far is he from me at this point?)
Kyle Green: (Umm.. scream wildly and run forward at this point?)
THE HORRID DM: (I'd say within 25 ft or so.)
Kyle Green: (You tell me Kate what's happening?)
Kyle Green: (Do I have time to turn around, or run forward, or am I just a sitting duck for the fr=irst round of combat?)
THE HORRID DM: (You won awareness, I'm giving you first move.)
THE HORRID DM: (Should have been reflex, but I muddled up, so... yeah, you win! )
Kyle Green: would rush forward with a small hop quickly spinning backward to see what spook him- (what do I see?)
THE HORRID DM: He would see a pair of glowing blue eyes and white hair before his would-be attacker flees into the darkness of a nearby tree's shadow. You got the impression they were a little smaller than you, but human-sized...
THE HORRID DM: The man looks past Siara's shoulder, frowning. "What was that sound? Is someone with you...?"
Siara: (Alright, now how close is the other person/thing?)
THE HORRID DM: (It's hidden. You need to do a fairly good spot check to see it again.)
Siara: (That's not what I asked xD)
Kyle Green: would walk backward toward Siara and the older man arrow notched peering into the forest- "Ya.. I finally caught up.. Just had some beast try to rip my head off, but it darted off as soon as I got a bead on it.. I suggest we keep moving Knife ear.."
THE HORRID DM: (Also, you wouldn't have seen it if your back is to Kyle.)
THE HORRID DM: The man frowns, then glances towards the bushes. "Are you...?" He moves over to the bush and kicks it with his foot - nothing happens. He looks towards the others. "Damn the Gods... she's gone. I think that 'beast' was the girl I woke up with in my tent. She thinks I had my way with her, but I don't bloody remember! Neither does she."
THE HORRID DM: He touches his neck briefly as if in memory of an attack. "She tried to kill me... I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks you two are in on whatever happened... you're not, are you?"
Siara sighs as Kyle walks into the clearing. "You could say that." He shakes his head slowly, then scratches at the back of the neck with the tip of his sword. "Something has happened here this night. Neither I nor the hume or Raiden remember where we are or how we got here. That being said, we're obviously not alone."
Kyle Green: would simply give the older man a head nod- "Ya, what type of man lays with a beast-girl? Actually.. don't answer that." -Kyle's eye would look upstream rather uncaring of the new group, he has a rather direct way of thinking sometimes. Looking back Kyle would shake his head- "No idea to be honest, seems everyone in the forest has lost there mind and memory. If you and the 'girl' are looking for the nearest town I heard it's north of this river bed.."
Kyle Green: (( I said Kyle too many times xD oh well))
Kyle Green: (ROUND lead me where you need too)
THE HORRID DM: The fighter looks at Kyle for a long moment, grinning slightly at the concept laid before him, then started to sheathe his greatsword - obviously trusting these confused travellers will not harm him. "She is... a knife-ear, black skin, crazy glowy eyes... no beast, but... heh, acted like one in there." He glances appreciatively towards his tent, then looks to Siara. "What were you up to last? I was... in Davenport, in a tavern, the last I remember."
THE HORRID DM: (Siara, do a spot check.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara: (25, holy crap)
THE HORRID DM: The man has his back to the tent, however, you, Siara, spot movement by the tent. You see a flash of blue eyes and white hair before the girl hides herself behind the tent, her hand reaching in through the tent's flap and groping about. Something about her action is desperate, especially her use of stealth.
THE HORRID DM: Other than the blue eyes and white hair, you got no real impression of her, indicating that the man was correct about her black skin.
Siara: (Hmm... Should I trap her with Entangle or just sneak behind her so she can't escape again?)
THE HORRID DM: (Up to you. )
Siara: (Awesome, get to be a bit sadistic)
Kyle Green: is looking off to the river bed, trying to keep himself ready for everything. (and making more tea)
THE HORRID DM: (heh heh!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 pm by Kate Orchix

Siara sighs and scratches his head, then silently steps around behind the tent. Lowering his blade, he touches the tip to the girl's neck. Although he's not casting a spell, his voice seems to hold power, seeming to resonate with itself, his eyes glowing slightly and a malefic grin on his lips. "You move, you die..."
THE HORRID DM: (You guys are horrendous at finding out names, by-the-way... two NPCs already and you don't know their names! XD)
Siara: (We haven't shared ours, why should they share theirs? Everyone's playing it cautious because no one knows what's going on)
THE HORRID DM: The girl looks startled, her blue eyes wide. You figure she may be 20 years younger than yourself, Siara - a Drow. Now that you're closer to her, you can see that her skin is not Exactly black... it's purple, an unusual color for a drow. Her eyes are blue and... and now you know why she was being so stealthy. She is clutching a black blanket about herself to keep her modesty. She must have been reaching into the tent to try and find her clothes. She swallows against the blade, her eyes fearful.
THE HORRID DM: The man watches Siara move off, then smirks a little as he manages to catch the girl behind the tent. He glances to Kyle, then back to the tent before throwing a funny grin at Kyle. "Nice surprise for your friend... last I remember, she wasn't wearing much else than her skin..."
Kate joined the chat
Siara grins - "That's a smart girl." - then lifts the blade and turns around. "Go ahead and get your clothes on. If you try to escape, I will know." He calls over his shoulder to Kyle and the stranger. "Found our lost lady."
Kate: (Put my last post after yours. Fits better. )
Kyle Green: looks back and forth before doing a double take and chuckling- "Oh well that's good for him.. He could use something to calm him down a bit, I swear it's like every elf has some sort of personality issues. By the way, I'm names Kyle, you?" -Kyle still has his bow drawn but lower and the arrow held in place in one hand.
Kyle Green: THE HORRID DM: The man watches Siara move off, then smirks a little as he manages to catch the girl behind the tent. He glances to Kyle, then back to the tent before throwing a funny grin at Kyle. "Nice surprise for your friend... last I remember, she wasn't wearing much else than her skin..."
Kyle Green: (now it makes less sense because of my post xD)
Kate: XD
Kate: (Aw well, we know what we're doing!)
Siara: (Why'd you switch your name?)
Kate: (accidentally signed out)
Siara: (Ah, got it
Siara: )
Kate
The man chuckles and softly hits Kyle on the shoulder in place of a handshake. "Rooke. Don't know the girl's name, so I can't introduce her... little fox."
The girl, eyeing Siara, reaches back into the tent and finds her clothes. She keeps her eyes on Siara, her back to the tent the whole time as she dresses. Finally, she stands there wearing a simple black button-up shirt with black trousers smartly drawn up by a black leather belt. She wears knee-hi black boots. No weapons.
Kate changed name to THE HORRID DM
THE HORRID DM: ((A little overboard clothing and weapons' wise, but... http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/20... Not too different face and stuff. No tatts.))
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/335/8/3/836beb1d2ad773e54dc4023d4eb68b07-d4hqbzk.jpg
Siara nods as he hears the girl finish dressing. "Now then, miss Drow... Can you tell me why you're here?"
Kyle Green: barks louder- "Hey if you two love birds are done how about we keep heading upstream before something else tries to rip my face off?"
THE HORRID DM: "No," she says simply. Her voice is strong yet quiet, thick with an exotic accent. "Can you?"
Siara sighs. "That makes four of us. What has happened here tonight..." He looks over his shoulder at the girl. "Sorry about the threat, I didn't want you running off just yet. None of us here have any intention of hurting you or we could have done it already."
THE HORRID DM: Rooke moves towards the tent, starting to gather up the misc. knickknacks that have been thrown about. He finds a backpack in the tent and piles everything he can find into it before starting to dissessemble the tent. He grins at the girl almost the whole time, his eyes a little... wandering.
Kyle Green: can't help but laugh a bit rubbing his ear where he felt her breath- "Makes me wonder what she was doing behind me.. Guess not even drows can stop themselves from checking me out.."
THE HORRID DM
The drow stands still for a moment, her eyes washing over Siara, then she curls her lip. "Perhaps HE already has... I woke to him undressing-"
"Hey, no I wasn't..." Rooke says with a wide grin - too wide. "Nah, she was already undressed..."
She turns to him, an angry scowl written across her face... then it is shot at Kyle. "I was going to brain you and take your clothes, actually, human... and THIS human did undress me as I was waking up. No mistake. I have never seen him before in my life."
Kyle Green: (I'm just happy this is making the night pass on quickly might I add, Vex you getting tired?)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh! I'm glad)
Kyle Green: () I was going to brain you? xD Typo? ()
THE HORRID DM: (Nope! She said that. In the sense of... I was gonna hit you over the head until you were unconscious)
Siara places a hand lightly on the drow's shoulder. "Please relax, miss. It's natural for males to want to see a lovely female undressed. Well... " (-_-)ゞ゛"Hume males, anyways."
Siara: (Nope, not tired yet, oddly.)
THE HORRID DM: (Yay!)
Kyle Green: holds up his arm scratching the back of his head with a slight blush- "Awww.. ya know next time you could just ask if you want my clothes off that bad miss... I ain't that shy.."
Kyle Green: (fyi this is kinda what Duke is like, but more cockier )
THE HORRID DM: The drow woman glares at Kyle for a very long moment, then turns her attention fully back to Siara. "So it is true? He does not remember anything as you two do not remember anything? This is... strange."
THE HORRID DM: (Britta'll luv 'im!)
Siara nods. "Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has lost... mm, the last few days or so of memories, in addition to being knocked unconscious somehow."
Kyle Green: turns back and takes a couple steps toward the river- "So we heading out yet luv, or we still waiting on something? Also name is Kyle, Kyle Green incase you didn't hear me Miss?" -he seems to be asking her name
Siara taps the back of his head with his sword. "Right, introductions. My name is Siara, and that's Raiden." He nods to Raiden, who nods in response.
Kyle Green: (Also how do you say that name Vex? Siara)
Kyle Green: (Si-ra?)
THE HORRID DM: The Drow is quiet for a moment, continuing to look at Siara for a moment, nods gently and cordially, then turns her head towards Kyle. "Hyna Liadon," she says.
THE HORRID DM: (I would have thought Sigh-ara)
Siara: (See-AH-ra)
THE HORRID DM: (okey dokes!)
Siara: (It sounds similar to sierra, but an ah sound instead of an eh sound)
Kyle Green: is ready to go!
THE HORRID DM
Rooke grins and waves a hand towards Hyna as he shoulders his pack and the tent roll below it. "I'm Rooke, just in case you-"
"I heard the first time." Hyna still seems a little peeved with him. She starts to move past him, but he puts a hand out, blocking her way.
"I didn't find any weapons inside the tent... you not carrying any?" He looks down at her body, a snide grin on his face.
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
THE HORRID DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Kyle Green is off in his own world trying to figure out if it would look better if he leaded, or covered the rear.
Siara: (Wait, what are we rolling for? I think I lagged out again)
Kyle Green: (I was rolling to see if Kyle was watching the group or not, I went with no)
THE HORRID DM
"Do not need them," Hyna says simply... then smacks a fist in the centre of Rooke's face. He yelps, stumbling back as he holds his nose - now bleeding, and blinks at Hyna in astonishment before grinning a little, shaking his bloodied hand.
"Yeah, I probably deserved-"
"Let's get going," Hyna mutters as she moves towards Kyle. Rooke touches his nose a few times, then shakes his head and grins as he turns to follow.
THE HORRID DM: (I was rolling for Hyna's attack. )
Kyle Green: (Damn it all, ROUND)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh, we'll start walking. )
Kyle Green: (Also I'm 'covering' the rear guard)
THE HORRID DM: (ok... other words, keeping an eye on Hyna's rear?)
THE HORRID DM: (Siara!)
Siara: (Yes?)
Siara: (What, you want me to lead again?)
THE HORRID DM: (Say something! XD)
THE HORRID DM: (Could... or boss someone else into leading. )
Siara: (Meh)
Siara sighs again. "Fine, where are we going now? Anyone know which way is north?"
THE HORRID DM
Rooke looks around, then at the river. "Well, which way do rivers flow in this land...?"
"You don't even know where we are. We could be in a different land," Hyna murmurs. She motions to the trees, using the same technique as Kyle. "North is that way."
THE HORRID DM: She points upriver. Rooke smirks and starts out ahead of the group, throwing Hyna another appreciative glance as he passes her. Hyna warily watches him, then glances towards Siara. Her tongue slips into the elvish speech. "Do you know how much time has passed since you lost your memory? Or has that escaped you also?"[/elvish]
Siara responds in Elven. "No, sadly. I woke up with Kyle in a hut not far from here, but I have no way of telling how long it's been. Not even Raiden remembers. The dwarf living in the hut told us to find the river and then head north, where we would find a town."
THE HORRID DM: "Did he remember the past little while?" Hyna asks him, still in Elvish.
Siara "Sadly, also no. He's lived here for a long time, but said nothing of how we came to be in his house, which means that everyone was affected at the same time. I don't know of any spells that could affect such a wide area though..."
THE HORRID DM: Hyna softly nods, then glances about. "I am no magic-wielder, but I too have never heard of anything that could cause such widespread amnesia... at first, I believed myself to have been drugged by the hume, but... I suppose your appearance has disproved that."
Kyle Green: walks backward keeping his eyes open and lighting his candle lamp all the while before hopping up his pace to catch up with Siara and Hyna seeing them chatting a bit.- "Ya.. I completely agree this forest is pretty. I wonder how far north this town is, by the Gods I hope we don't have to camp. All I have is my packbag and no bedroll with me.." -Kyle says, acting like he can understand them.
Kyle Green: ((I can't help but think of Draven Vex xD haha))
Kyle Green: (Could I make a bluff check to mimic them, so they may think I can understand elven?)
Siara: (How would you bluff a language?)
THE HORRID DM: (Sure, heh heh! - He's just bluffing that he understands it.)
Kyle Green: (^^^)
Kyle Green: (I'm just bluffing that it seems like I understand, not that I'm speaking it)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle Green: (damn.. so close)
Kyle Green: (No bonuses by the way)
THE HORRID DM: (We're too smart! You can't fool us!)
Siara glances over at Kyle and grins to himself. "Silly little hume..."
THE HORRID DM: Hyna smirks at Kyle. "I brought nothing with me, obviously... not even my own bedroll," she says in Common.
THE HORRID DM: Rooke grins and turns back. "Oooh! I know what that means! You don't respond, otherwise it's like... an opportunity to smack you in the face for inviting her to share."
THE HORRID DM: "He catches on quick," Hyna notes with a somewhat sly smirk.
Siara rubs at his temples. "Humes, I swear..."
THE HORRID DM: (Anyone want to do any checks...?)
Kyle Green: nods in agreement- "I know right? The moment one saves your ass, all you can do is be thankful..."
Siara: (First reaction- "how cute, he wants to impress the Drow". Second reaction - "-facepalm-")
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle Green: (Awareness)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh heh!)
Kyle Green: (And that was Kyle just wanting more Kyle time)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (18 and 14)
THE HORRID DM: You hear moaning coming from upriver within the trees. Unnatural, creepy, haunting moaning...
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara stops, shivering slightly. "That... doesn't sound good."
Kyle Green: jumps to, hopping on a larger rock near the river bed peering out into the darkness best he can- "Oh this amazing luck.. I believe we found another angry mob.. Maybe the one that ate my best orc friend in world. Time to look sharp.." -stringing arrow and taking aim for any evil things!
THE HORRID DM: Hyna hesitates in her steps, glancing at the others. Rooke stops and draws his greatsword, slipping into a combat pose. "Ms. Hyna, why don't you let us gents handle whatever it is?" he suggests, but only gets a roll of eyes in response.
Siara facepalms, then looks to Hyna. "Have you any skill with scimitars?"
Kyle Green: a loud PFFF~~ can be heard from Kyle's direction as he exhale loudly- "Oh come on, no need to get your panties in a bunch.. It's problem just some people all having a sore throat.. It is that time of the year I think."
Kyle Green: probably***)
THE HORRID DM: On the shore of the river, you see a large, shadowy creature. It seems to be the shape of a wolf, but the legs are... strange, closer to the ground. It hisses loudly at the group as it slowly nears. It must be at least six feet in length, not including it's grey tail. It's face is hidious, like a goblin's face, but... repeatedly stomped on. It's teeth glint in the light of Kyle's lantern. As it nears, you can see it has large, callous hands in place of paws on all four feet.
THE HORRID DM: As it nears, it moans along with the hisses.
Kyle Green: (And I release my ready action and fire?)
Siara: (Manticore?)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna shakes her head at Siara. "I may take Rooke up on his suggestion for a short while. This creature... does not look like it will be a challenge."
THE HORRID DM: (You guys have to do IC checks to find out what it is... or near enough. Go ahead, Kyle!)
Kyle Green: yells down to the group- "See.. I told ya, nothing to worry about. Unless you happen to be attached to your flesh."
Kyle Green: Rapid shot!
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
THE HORRID DM: (Mods?)
Kyle Green: (Is it withen 30ft of me?)
THE HORRID DM: (We can assume so. )
Kyle Green: (18, and 15.)
THE HORRID DM: (First hits. Second, not)
THE HORRID DM: (Roll damage)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle Green: (6 points)
Siara nods and draws both blades, ready to dash. "As you wish."
THE HORRID DM: The creature gives a rough cough as an arrow spears into the flesh of its shoulder. It growls and shows it's teeth to you all... and you see green venom drip from it's canines. (Thought the guy with the bow should have first attack. Hyna is standing back, so Rooke, Siara, and creature, roll initiative)
THE HORRID DM: ((Rooke))
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
THE HORRID DM: ((haha...))
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle Green: O,O
THE HORRID DM: ((... how does that work!?))
Kyle Green: (compare Dex scores)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (Greeeat)
THE HORRID DM: (Crap, the same!)
Kyle Green: (What is there Dex each?)
THE HORRID DM: ((15))
Kyle Green: (Both?)
THE HORRID DM: ((Yes!))
Kyle Green: (Then you roll again as a tie breaker)
THE HORRID DM: ((Creature: ))
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
THE HORRID DM: ((Okay! Rooke, Siara, Rai, Creature, Kyle))
THE HORRID DM: Rooke closes the distance with the creature, swinging his greatsword into the creature's side...
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
THE HORRID DM: ... Rooke seems to take an extra step and completely misses the creature, his blade smacking down into the dirt.
THE HORRID DM: ((Siara))
THE HORRID DM: ((quick brb! Keep going.))
Kyle Green: (Vex hate tell ya, but you got +0 to hit if you swing both swords, just be raw dice to hit. Damage will still be D6+2 though)
Kyle Green: (If you flank the monster you get +2 hit on each swing though)
THE HORRID DM: ((back))
Siara: (Flank = hit from the side, right?_
Siara: )
THE HORRID DM: The monster hisses at Rooke, baring it's teeth again. It's ears flip forward, displaying strange feathers behind the ears, like a frond of sorts... you notice these feathers around the tip of its' tail also.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Siara: (Not sure whether +2 or +0 since I'm aiming to cut along the side)
THE HORRID DM: (Flank - backside)
THE HORRID DM: (Flanking someone is coming up behind them)
Kyle Green: (Flank is one person on each oppistie sides )
Siara: (Alright, rolling damage then)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Siara: (7 and 3)
THE HORRID DM: The creature whines under your attacks, flinching in pain as you open gashes in its sides. It gnashes it's teeth and starts turning around towards Siara.
Siara takes a low stance, then dashes head-on towards the creature. Before he gets too close, he sidesteps, seeming to disappear for a split second as he moves to run beside it instead, holding his blades out beside him to carve into the beast. One of them leaves a nice gash, but the other disengages before cutting all the way through.
THE HORRID DM: Mine after yours.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Pretty sure that's a miss)
THE HORRID DM: (Aye)
THE HORRID DM: (Back to Kyle!)
THE HORRID DM: (oh wait, no)
THE HORRID DM: (TO ME!)
THE HORRID DM: The creature advances on Siara, it's jaws opening wide as it leaps at him...
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara watches Raiden charge for the beast, attempting to leap on top of it, but aiming too high and sailing way over the monster.
THE HORRID DM: ((Uh... no way that hits.))
THE HORRID DM: ((Unless your AC is 11...))
Siara: (15)
THE HORRID DM: ((Kyle!))
Kyle Green: Seeing as the group is now smashing into the monster, Kyle shifts back and forth trying to find a clear shot taking a small breath of air the exhaling as the releases another arrow for the creatures neck.
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara jumps straight up as the monster tries to bite him, landing heavily on its skull before jumping off with a flip.
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Still has the same taste for show as Esch xD)
Kyle Green: (9 and 10 both misses, damn this melee!)
THE HORRID DM: The arrows thud heavily into the ground.
THE HORRID DM: Rooke takes a step after the creature, slamming his greatsword down...
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
THE HORRID DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
THE HORRID DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
THE HORRID DM: (Dah, forgot how I convert damage...)
Kyle Green: curses as everyone seems to be wanting to get shot, by dodging back and forth- "Come on.. get out of line of fire.. ehh.." -he grits his teeth fully knowing he would have hit home if he wasn't trying to not hit Siara and Rai.
THE HORRID DM: (9 and 7)
Kyle Green: (No Kate)
THE HORRID DM: (... how do I convert damage, Kitt?)
THE HORRID DM: (No, those are the damage mods.)
Kyle Green: (What do you mean?)
Kyle Green: (What's his str?)
THE HORRID DM: (17)
Kyle Green: (So +3, gets a extra 50% for two-handed rounded down to a +4... 5+3+4 = 12)
THE HORRID DM: (Wow, okay. Next person!)
THE HORRID DM: The creature bows under Rooke's merciless attack and veers away from him, a whining moan escaping it's teeth. Venom dribbles on the ground from it's mouth and from it's wounds.
THE HORRID DM: ((Siara?))
Siara: (w)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna is standing back, keeping watch and flicking glances at the fight to see how it's going.
Siara: (Sorry, it's a spell xD)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh, that's ok. )
Siara shivers as he sees the poison. "Alright then, let's slow this bad boy down..." He looks over to the others. "I'm not aiming for you specifically, but... You might want to jump." Crouching down, he holds his swords before him as if praying, his gold eyes glowing brightly. "Squirm... Strangle... Entwine!" Driving the swords into the ground, he releases a wave of green energy into the ground, radiating outwards. Nearby plants and shrubs seem to become more vibrant, rapidly extending tendrils and branches towards the monster to trap and restrain it, the forest floor becoming thick with vegetation.
Kyle Green: (I can't wait to see this next roll I do xD)
THE HORRID DM: Rooke backs off as the plants move forward to trap the creature, Hyna already out of the range of the fight and now looking on in curiosity.
Siara: (I feel like Zyra now...)
THE HORRID DM: (I wonder what Kitt's up to!)
THE HORRID DM: (... I WISH I UNDERSTOOD THESE LOL REFERENCES! XD!!!)
Kyle Green: (Hurry up and do your dog now)
THE HORRID DM: The creature turns it's head from side to side, watching as the plants encircle and trap him. He whines nervously, then starts moaning again, starting to struggle.
Siara: (Well, you understood that it was a LoL reference, so you're getting there. Zyra is plant lady - quite literally, a plant shaped like a lady. One of her skills is a lineshot that immobilizes anyone in the way for a few seconds.)
Kyle Green: (Dog go, quick!)
Siara: (rolling to hit with Rai)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
THE HORRID DM: MISS
Kyle Green: )I'm late for my round xD(
Siara: (Another miss, lovely)
THE HORRID DM: (Go Kyle!)
Kyle Green: watches the wild growth from his higher position looking kinda annoyed before murmuring under his voice- "Geez.. showoff.." Kyle then signals to Hyna as he pulls out another arrow and hold it out toward her- "Oh ya, this shot going to be it.. I would say wish me luck.. But no need.." -he smirks as he notches and pulls back a single arrow concentrating on aiming this time, instead of firing as many as he can- "This shot for the lady.."
Kyle Green rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle Green: (17?)
THE HORRID DM: (Oooh, burn, sorry Kyle...)
THE HORRID DM: (... does high vantage point do any mods?)
Kyle Green: (Umm.. I think to AC, maybe a plus +1 to hit, I never really get to use it)
THE HORRID DM: (If it does, then you... are in luck. You only need 1 more point.)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle Green: (10 points, ROUND)
THE HORRID DM: (Whoa, you totally shot it dead... lemme detail. Go on your round!)
Siara: (Wait, did the monster totally skip its turn?)
THE HORRID DM: (It was entangled. It couldn't do anything, could it?)
THE HORRID DM: (It could have spent it's turn getting untangled, I think... no attack, though.)
Siara: (Yeah, the entangled creatures can spend their turn trying to escape with a Strength check, but can only move half as fast/far)
THE HORRID DM: The creature's mouth gapes as the arrow finds it's mark true between the thing's eyes. It hisses it's dying breath, eyes rolling back, tail flopping limp, legs turning to jelly as it falls on it's side... and in a brilliant puff of smoke...
THE HORRID DM: ... it's a dead chicken lying on it's side with an arrow in it's face.
Siara tilts his head in surprise, allowing the magic to dissipate. "An illusion...?)
Siara: "
THE HORRID DM: Hyna is quiet for a moment, having rolled her eyes earlier at Kyle, but now... she just cracks up, bursting into raucous laughter. She puts a hand over her mouth and turns away to stifle her giggles.
Siara: (Kyle is getting no favors from her any time soon)
THE HORRID DM: She manages to catch her breath and chokes out, "Really... nice trick, Kyle... ahaha! You guys were fighting a chicken!"
THE HORRID DM: ( XD!!))
THE HORRID DM: (I'll wait for Kyle before putting Rooke's reaction.)
Siara looks back at Hyna. "No chicken on this plane has the ability to cast illusions. We're not alone.)
THE HORRID DM: (... aw, I can't now! I have to!)
Siara: "
Kyle Green: (I got it, Entangle denided it's dex mod to AC for being flat-footed)
THE HORRID DM: Rooke, previously standing there with the most confused look on his face, shakes his head and stoops over the dead chicken, prodding it with a finger. He turns it over and looks at the ground about it, curling his lip in a mixture of confusion, disgust, and finally, a little bit of triumph. "If it had been an illusion, the poison wouldn't have stayed on the ground... see?" He picks up a nearby twig on the ground and prods it into the poison, the green liquid oozing off the twig as he lifts it.
THE HORRID DM: (ah'kay)
Siara nods. "A polymorph then. But who, or what, would turn a chicken into... whatever that was?"
Kyle Green: throws up a arm and wooh as the thing drops, he starts nodding to himself before it poofs into a chicken which then he stops and thinks. After a moment of Hyna laughing Kyle blows it off like it was nothing- "Well ya, I told ya'll it was harmless.."
Kyle Green: hops down, and see which of his arrows are able to be recovered. (50% chance in the ones that hit.. So out of two arrows..)
Kyle Green rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 81
Kyle Green rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 9
THE HORRID DM: Hyna manages to collect herself and comes over for a look. She crouches next to Rooke, watching the poison as he lifts it on the twig. Rooke's eyes stray to her briefly and he grins. Hyna takes the twig from him and lifts it to her nose to sniff at it.
Kyle Green: snatches up the killing blow arrow and cleans it off before putting it back into his quiver- "Well that was strange... Ya I think Rook is right.. And who would poly a chicken, like seriously do wizards have that little to do?"
THE HORRID DM: Rooke grins a bit and stands, leaving Hyna to sniff at the poison. "I'd have never thought they could make a chicken attack people like that... mind, it really didn't know how to hit us, did it?"
Siara shrugs. "A polymorph is a shapeshift, nothing more. The target's mind and personality remain."
THE HORRID DM: Things start to click together for the two of you, Siara and Kyle. The dead chicken on the doormat now makes complete and utter sense.
Siara blinks, then looks at Kyle. "You don't think... Back at the hut..."
Kyle Green: picks his teeth with a arrow while tapping his foot- "I got this bad feeling we're in some wizard's closet, or personal island.. I hope I'm wrong.. I hate magic.. ehh"
THE HORRID DM: Hyna stands, still sniffing at the stick. She doesn't seem too pleased, unable to decipher the scent or recognize it's possible origins. She couldn't even examine the body to see what the chicken may have been polymorphed into.
Kyle Green: (( Yup I think this might just be Duke Jackal before he grows up and changes his name))
THE HORRID DM: ((haha! XD ))
Kyle Green: (fyi Duke doesn't use magic)
Kyle Green: (17 arrows before I forget)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna drops the twigs and rests her hands on her hips. "Siara, you said earlier that the dwarf you came in contact with had no memory of prior events, like yourselves... but then, how would Kyle have gotten directions from him?"
Siara 's ears twitch. "It's possible that since he's lived here for so long, he knows about the surrounding area..."
Kyle Green: motions to the river- "Or.. he is mistaken this river for one where he used to live, and this is just chance that in the new world there is a river here."
THE HORRID DM: Hyna tilts her head back slightly. "Perhaps." She doesn't seem convinced, but shrugs. "Then what if there is no town north? What if we are just venturing into a wilderness?"
Siara shrugs again. "We have no other leads."
THE HORRID DM: Rooke sighs and looks at Hyna. "Check your shirt pocket, Hyna."
THE HORRID DM
"What?" Hyna asks, frowning.
"I saw a piece of paper sticking out of it..."
"Oh, right, when you were undressing me?"
Kyle Green: shrugs back- "It's the only thing we got to go on.. Plus all rivers have towns somewhere along them.. Except the dead river.. that place is full of some nasty thing I've been told."
THE HORRID DM: Rooke pauses, makes a few faces, then winces. "Yeah, okay Hyna... yes. Just check it, would you?"
Kyle Green: punches Rooke shoulder- "I knew it.. Can't blame too much.."
Kyle Green: ya*
THE HORRID DM: Hyna moodily reaches into her shirt pocket and pulls out a piece of aged paper. She unfolds it, shooting Rooke and Kyle glares before reading over the paper. "Well, I don't remember this."
Siara tosses a small dagger at Kyle's foot. "That's quite enough."
Kyle Green: plucks the dagger from the ground, then puts it in pack- "Actually I disagree, you can never have enough knifes.."
THE HORRID DM: She hands the paper to Siara - the writing is in Elvish and reads clearly: "Thank you for purchasing Windwater Hall. Here is your key, enjoy your new home!"
THE HORRID DM: Hyna reaches into her shirt pocket and fishes around, then checks her trouser pockets, then spreads her hand in a shrug. "No key..."
Kyle Green uses the new knife to start cutting off small pieces of a chunk of goat cheese still in his pack.
Kyle Green: takes plenty of time unwrapping the cheese hunk, and cutting small slices one by one enjoying it- "Ya know.. this cheese, I just can never grow tired of it.. Mhmm.." -he says
Siara snaps his fingers, a retrieval command for Raiden, who reaches up on his hind legs to try and take the knife, then takes the paper from Hyna. "Thank you for... what? New home? Out here?"
THE HORRID DM: Rooke is warily watching Hyna, expecting an attack from her at any time, but also basking a bit in Kyle's encouraging words. He did nothing wrong! Any man in his situation with a gorgeous woman cuddled up to him in his bedroll would have done the same! He starts eyeing the cheese that Kyle has, frowning just slightly.
Kyle Green: ttyl i gtg guy
THE HORRID DM: Hyna makes an awkward face, spreading her hands again. "I... guess so. But it doesn't make any sense. I am not a woman of means, there is no way I could have bought a house."
Kyle Green: faulse alamr
Siara: (It's funny that the Chaotic Neutral has the highest chances of getting with Hyna >.>)
Kyle Green: (Nevermind still here)
THE HORRID DM: (False? Good!)
Kyle Green: crosses his legs sitting down on a riverside stone, finishing up some stale bread and cheese. He looks to Rooke and slides him the remains once he has his snack fill- "Take the rest.. I lied, I am growing tired of it."
THE HORRID DM: Rooke snorts lightly, then sits down on another rock and starts eating. He glances at Hyna and Siara, but the drow seems to have her whole attention on Siara, as per usual. He leans a bit nearer to Kyle. "Bet you 50 gold you can't get her before he does," he whispers jokingly.
THE HORRID DM: (( http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/3... Rooke ))
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/357/1/e/id2_by_albino_z-d35hf5y.jpg
Kyle Green: cya
Kyle Green: ttyl guys later
Siara twitches a single ear, but gives no other indication of having heard them.
THE HORRID DM: (Aw, bye!)
Siara: (Ta)
Siara: (Well that was incredibly fun)
Siara: (I didn't think I'd be able to pull a character out on the spot)
THE HORRID DM: (That's good! I had fun too! Do you want to continue Siara and Hyna's conversation or leave it for another time? - Neither did I! For any of us!)
Siara joined the chat
Siara: (I'm game to keep this campaign going while Quake and Guilt are ooc)
THE HORRID DM: (It'd be fun! I'd be game too.)
THE HORRID DM: (want to finish off Siara and Hyna's conversation?)
Siara: (Sure, if we can xD)
THE HORRID DM: (We're being elves. We're allowed to give humans the cold shoulder!)
Siara: (Fair enough)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna makes an awkward face, spreading her hands again. "I... guess so. But it doesn't make any sense. I am not a woman of means, there is no way I could have bought a house."
Siara takes the knife from Raiden as he trots back happily, stowing it before looking at the letter again. "Windwater... I feel like I've heard that name, but it's nowhere near the forest of my home. Perhaps I could write to my brother and see if he knows of it. Either way, it feels like we're being toyed with."
Siara: (Kitt says it was a lot of fun and we'll have to play again)
THE HORRID DM: (Tell him thanks! I enjoyed it to and would be totally up for it again!)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna nods softly, then takes the piece of paper from him and tucks it within her shirt pocket again. She stands silently for a moment, then switches to Elvish for a bit of privacy. "Perhaps Windwater is here in these woods somewhere. I honestly don't know how I ended up in Rooke's tent, so perhaps he has something to do with it... tell me, where do you last remember being?"
Siara tilts his head. "The last place I remember being... A town, somewhere. The name eludes me, but it was a fairly large town. There was a large forest just outside one of the gates, that many of the townsfolk recommended against entering... It might be this forest, in which case the warning would be accurate..."
THE HORRID DM: ((I'm gonna give myself 10 mins, then bedtime. Getting tired. ))
Siara: (You lasted a long time xD)
THE HORRID DM: (Heh, I shouldn't have!!)
THE HORRID DM: (... but it was too much fun, I had to.)
Siara: ( I had a lot of fun as well)
Siara: (Also, for the record, Siara is 98% gay xD)
Siara: (He can appreciate a female body and can be charming as all hell owing to the many years of experimentation he did, but was ultimately more comfortable with males. It would take a very special female to really catch his interest.)
THE HORRID DM: Hyna nods. She seems a little confused, then opens her mouth to speak before closing it again, her brows furrowing. After a few more moments, she looks up again. "I was... walking. I don't know where or from, but that is my last memory, before that, I was at... at Goldelm Halls..."
THE HORRID DM: (Hyna is straight. She's not even looking for a relationship - Siara is just the only one who doesn't appear to be eyeing her up all the time, and she trusts him more because he is an elf.)
THE HORRID DM: (two mins, then I'm fainting...)
Siara crosses his arms, thinking. "It sounds like we might have been knocked out and dragged in here, whether by magic or by physical force... But who would do such a thing and why have yet to be seen. We don't know where we are or what's around. Either there are creatures that can polymorph, or someone - possibly even someTHING - is in here with us, fully aware of what's happening."
THE HORRID DM: "They must have a sick sense of humor, then," Hyna mutters. "I would never share a bedroll with a stranger... also, my coin purse is gone. So is Rooke's... have you any gold left on your person?"
THE HORRID DM: (one more post... *zombiefies*)
Siara shakes his head. "A wizard rogue, perhaps?"
THE HORRID DM: "Perhaps... though, I am not entirely convinced we are within another dimension or land. The weather is fair, despite the night, and this forest isn't too different from the other forests I have seen..."
THE HORRID DM: (I'm sleepy. Goodnight!)
Siara: (Naito xD)
THE HORRID DM: (Was fun! *disappears*)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:07 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 2

14th October 2012


Kate: (So! Where we up to?)
Siara: (Pfft, I do that on normal days, it feels fine for me)
Kyle: (Your DM IDK)
Kate: (hah)
Kate
Siara shakes his head. "A wizard rogue, perhaps?"
THE HORRID DM: "Perhaps... though, I am not entirely convinced we are within another dimension or land. The weather is fair, despite the night, and this forest isn't too different from the other forests I have seen..."
Kate: Hyna shakes her head and shifts her attention back to Kyle and Rooke. Her tongue slips from elvish back to Common. "What do you two propose we do? Rest here until light, or continue walking?"
Kyle: pops up dusting off the bread crumbs from his chest- "Pff~ That's easy we keep walking, I've had enough sleep.. But I understand if you two ladies need your beauty sleep.."
Kate: Rooke snorts and finishes off with the cheese, licking his fingers as he also stands. "Had a nice long rest with the lady on my chest - 'Mm good."
Siara plays with one of his daggers, contemplating throwing at Kyle's face
Siara: (throwing it*)
Kate changed name to THE HORRID DM
THE HORRID DM: (I like this name.)
THE HORRID DM: (All right - any checks before we move on?)
Kyle: (MUhahaha, I love being a jerk )
THE HORRID DM: (Heh heh!)
Siara: (I like being semi-sadist)
Kyle: (No checks here, just blindly heading upstream!)
THE HORRID DM: (Any checks, Siara?)
Kyle: (AWARENESS)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
THE HORRID DM: ((...))
Siara: (Um. Don't even need to roll for Raiden now.)
THE HORRID DM: (DARN! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!)
THE HORRID DM: Siara, you glance across the river and the clouds overhead part just long enough to let through a bit of starlight over the rippling water. You can see that the water is flowing northwards, the same direction the party is moving in, and across the river, you're very certain you see a cobblestone road. Then the clouds cover the stars once more.
Kyle: (tresspasser brb)
THE HORRID DM: You reckon the river to be about, ehh... 100 ft across.
THE HORRID DM: (GO BEAT THEIR BUTT!)
Siara 's eyes seem to take on a silvery tinge as the clouds part, and he glances around to get his bearings. "Looks like we're on track. If any of you has a teleport spell, now would be a good time to speak - there's an actual path on the other side of the river, but it's too wide to cross normally."
THE HORRID DM
Hyna looks dumbly at Siara for a long moment, then facepalms herself. "I forgot the three of you can't see in the night... sorry. I thought you could all see the path. And no, I do not have any magic of any sort..."
Rooke spreads his hands in a shrug, grinning a little. Obviously there isn't anything magical on himself either - just a fighter.
Raiden joined the chat
Siara: (Cool, it works!)
THE HORRID DM: (... heh heh! Joined two windows, huh?)
Siara: (Yeah, I didn't think it would work though, I love when it can happen like this)
Kyle: (Damn kids, they ran off as they seen me walking toward them with my brightly yellow jacket)
Hyna joined the chat
Rooke joined the chat
THE HORRID DM: (( "Scary jacket coming! RUn away!!!"))
THE HORRID DM: ((Eh, I can't juggle 3 of these with all my other windows open... GO AWAY HYNA AND ROOKE!))
Siara: (xD)
Siara: (It gets laggier though)
Kyle: would take his time getting close to the riverside bed and looking across it, judging to see if he could make it.- "Ehh.. I could make it I think, but that would leave you all here stranded, I don't think I could sleep easy with that. We'll have to keep heading up stream till it chokes closer together or find a bridge."
THE HORRID DM: (Reflex check!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
THE HORRID DM: You feel a slight rumble beneath your feet and quickly step back as the chunk of grass you were standing on collapses and plops off into the river.
Kyle: (Anyone know where my character sheet is?)
THE HORRID DM: (I'll grab it)
Siara: (Anything for me or Rai?)
THE HORRID DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
THE HORRID DM: (Nup, you two are fine - not as close to the river as Kyle)
Siara: (Alright)
Siara "You should watch your step, hume. A midnight swim would be dangerous."
THE HORRID DM: Rooke makes a face. "Ehh, to swim I'd have to take my armor off and leave it here... Not too fond of that scenario. Let's just keep walking."
Raiden trots along beside Siara
Kyle: kicks another rock into the stream then turns back- "So I guess we keep going, unless Hyna knows some of that elf fairy dust.."
THE HORRID DM: Hyna looks at Kyle with her glowy blue eyes and shakes her head. "No, I am not well-versed in magic, despite my heritage. Walking is our best option." Without further ado, she steps out ahead of the others, eyes scanning as she walks.
Siara falls into step behind Hyna, one blade still at the ready.
Siara: (making food, slower responses)
Kyle: rests his longbow behind his neck and wraps his arms over it as a rest- "So... this night got quiet quick. Anyidea's on what we should do to pass the time?" -starts whistling (making a whistling roll!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kyle is only average as whistling and grows bored of it rather quickly.
Siara: (Perform: Whistle? xD)
Kyle: (It's a real check!)
THE HORRID DM: (Awesome skill... no mods!?)
Kyle: (Nope)
Siara: (I'm gonna try a song check xD)
THE HORRID DM: As the five of you move along, there appears to be no further violence from whatever monsters lurk in these forests. The river's only danger is revealed if one steps too close to the edge. Minutes pass by, maybe 10, then maybe 15... then you start to feel like you've been walking forever with little to no change in scenery. Rooke's pace starts to get stroppy as if he's bored, swinging his arms a little too widely, adopting strange lopes... he gives an exasperated sigh with a flutter of his lips.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (Ergh, don't know how good of a song it will be...)
THE HORRID DM: (If only rolling checks for songs was so easy... I'm pretty sure I roll a 1 everytime I try!)
Siara: (Try it now?)
THE HORRID DM: (Go for it)
Siara: (I meant you try a song check xD)
THE HORRID DM: (...)
THE HORRID DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
THE HORRID DM: (Ehh, I did mean in RL... XD)
Kyle: keeps in pace glancing at the wolf- "So anychance you and that mutt could track they chicken sense? It could lead us ya know, to who ever changed it.. Don't ya think? Unless it's not a hunting dog."
Siara grins when he hears Kyle whistling. "Silly hume..." He then clears his throat, and starts to sing softly. "Dreaming of the stars on high / That speak to me in secret sighs / Drifting on a breeze / Only I can feel - and hear..."
Raiden glances over his shoulder at Kyle, growling softly
THE HORRID DM: Hyna remains silent as she walks, seemingly lost in thought. She clasps her hands behind her back now and then, occasionally lifting them back up to move her hair behind her ears or rub at her face.
Siara stops singing and reaches down to comfort Raiden. "Easy, easy... Don't blame him, he doesn't know you." He then looks back at Kyle. "Raiden is a riding dog, but a dog nonetheless. If you thought to grab the chicken in question, -I- could -ask- Raiden to track it for us. Keep in mind he's sentient like you and me, even though he can't speak Common."
THE HORRID DM: (Round?)
Kyle: looks over to where the river is, does it look any different? - "At this rate we're never getting across this river, eh.."
Kyle: (Ya, actually why I posted so small xD)
Kyle: (ROUND)
THE HORRID DM: The river appears to be perhaps 20 ft less in width now, but it still doesn't feel enough, especially with the change in speed that it seems to have. It's starting to pick up pace and froth a little on the stones near it's shores.
Siara , getting no real response to his statement, decides to keep singing. "Could it be the sacred wind / That's calling me to now begin? / To walk into the dark / Carrying the light of tomorrow..."
THE HORRID DM
After about an hour or two since killing the creature, the group would start to smell the scent of salt. Hyna seems confused and glances at the others. "Does anyone else smell that? That can't be right... if this is North and we're heading towards a salt body of water..." She stops in her steps and stares at the river for a few moments, brows furrowing. "I wasn't in the North before this. I was deep in the South..."
"No kidding?" Rooke murmurs. "I'm starting to think maybe we're on an island, y'know... maybe one of us should climb one of these trees and see if we can take a look about."
Siara thinks for a moment, then snaps his fingers. "I could try that." (rolling Climb)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Siara: (HOT DAMN)
THE HORRID DM: (You are essentially a monkey!)
Siara: (I'm a druid, I'll make the try carry me up on a vine xD)
Siara: tree*
THE HORRID DM: (Go for it! Just gotta put the dishes away. Won't be long!)
THE HORRID DM: (back)
Siara cracks his fingers in front of him, then places one hand on a nearby tree. "Elevate... Climb..." A vine drops down, seeming to appear from out of nowhere, which he grips firmly, nodding as it wraps around his arm for extra support. "Druid's Ascent!" With a soft woosh, the vine retracts, pulling him into the air and placing him near the top of the tree.
THE HORRID DM: "What a show off..." Rooke says softly.
THE HORRID DM changed name to DM
DM: (Do an awareness check, and do another check just for fun.)
Siara: (btw, this is the song Siara was singing)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara: (Ha, now the roller likes me)
Siara
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI2HlWJNcbs )
DM: (mod for awareness?)
Siara: (26)
Siara: (I AM THE ALL-SEEING DRUID)
DM: (Pretty song)
Siara: (It's another one that seems to fit the Seeker mission)
Kyle: holds up a finger- "Just want to say.. I called it, if we are on a island... But these trees really don't fit if so."
DM: As you ascend, the clouds seem to drift away on the wind letting starlight seep down on the tree canopies. Nearing the top, your eyes scan the horizon and find that the river is indeed flowing to an ocean. You can see twinkling lights in the far distance - a city perhaps. Seeing the path of the river and the breaks in the forest where it treads, you can tell that the city is jammed right up next to the ocean and the river - on the other side, mind, and towers high, built on a hill. Near the ocean there are more hills and a few mountains further to the east - you take this all in before the clouds again cover the sky.
DM: "Eh, well, forests... stick some druids, wizards and sorcerers in them and they suddenly don't fit anything," Rooke says with a smirking mutter.
DM: Hyna glances Kyle's way, frowns slightly, and glances him up and down as if evaluating him for some reason, then glances at the river once more.
Kyle: yells up at Siara simply smiling as he notices Hyna glances- "SO!? YOU SEE A BRIDGE OR ANYTHING UP THERE? OR ARE WE OUT OF LUCK AGAIN!?"
DM: (Oh... forgot that!)
DM: You saw no bridges.
Siara 's eyes shine brightly with the starlight as he looks around. "So beautiful..." Taking in the sights and committing them to memory, he slowly ascends, humming the last piece of the song. As he touches down, he pets Raiden, then heads back over to the group. "No bridge. Also no island. We're getting close though, and moving in the right direction - there's a town up ahead, where the river meets the ocean."
DM: Hyna looks at the others, then moves towards the river's bank. She crouches on a rock near the edge and trails her fingers in the water. "I will go across and see if I can find shallow spots... here, Siara." She takes the property note from her pocket and offers it to him. "So it won't get wet... we may need it later."
Siara nods and takes the note, tucking it safely in his pack.
Kyle: puts out another candle as he speaks- "Heck ya! About time something went right... Let's hit double time, I'm dieing to get some back to a warm fire and maybe get some answers.." -he says jumping to Siara side
Kyle: (Kate I'm doing a search check for a stick atleast 4-6 feet long.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: Hyna slips into the water, her body shifting against the current as her toes reach for the bottom of the river. Even at the shore's edge it is fairly deep, covering her waist. (You find a twig.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM: (You find a good stick.)
Kyle: (What about now? heh)
DM: (Yup!)
Kyle: comes running back to the shore taking time to slowly step in, using the long stick to check ahead of himself for shallow areas- "I got this.."
DM: (Reflex check!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (Still a nine )
Kyle: (Walk softly and carry a big stick.)
DM: You lose your footing even in the shallower areas and now you know why Hyna was so cautious entering. The shoreline is even fairly deep. You keep a hold of your stick, however, and it jams between two rocks poking up from the river, stopping you from floating away while you try to regain your balance.
DM: Hyna holds onto the rock as she edges herself deeper into the water, then releases the rock and lets herself drift downriver a few paces before grabbing ahold of one of the rocks next to Kyle. "That's why I was going to do it - I can see into the water, unlike you."
Kyle: chuckles- "But the water look too good, plus what's the worst thing to happen, I drown and have to get mouth to mouth? Heh." -yells at this point- "Guy's the waters great, come on it.. Watch the first step, it's harsh!"
Kyle: (Vex... use some magic!)
DM: (Reflex checks if you enter the water, Siara/Rai)
Siara: (Sorry, just hit a huge lag spike, didn't see anything until now)
DM: "Worst that could happen is that we aren't alone in here," Hyna smirks. She curls up her legs so her booted feet are pressing against the stone before she pushes off, kicking towards the centre of the river. She seems to buckle a bit, but then stands, the water only up to her thighs. "Middle is fairly shallow..."
DM: (Oh dear)
Kyle: (Is it salt water mixed?)
DM: Rooke glances at the water and carefully eases himself in up to his waist. The current tugs at him and his heavy armor.
DM: (Fresh.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: Rooke successfully starts wading across the river, kicking a little at points, then clambers up onto the middle piece where the water isn't so deep. Anyone looking at him can tell he's fairly nervous. He obviously doesn't like swimming in armor.
Kyle is not getting upstaged by a girl, that is a elf. Swimming with her.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara sighs. "Not really any use in giving me the note if I'm gonna get wet too..." He looks down at Raiden. "Can you wait for us at the other side?"
Kyle: (11!)
DM: (Oooohhh...)
Kyle: (11 + Stick bonuses Also Vex use a spell..)
Raiden nods and shrinks, disappearing in a small burst of green magic.
DM: (Ehh... the river isn't TOO rough. You reach the middle fine, Kyle.)
Siara: (What kind of spell? I'm a druid, I don't have water-breathing or manipulation)
Siara: (Unless you're saying it's okay for me to plantbend for free...)
Kyle: (ruid" target="_BLANK">http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD ruid also he can't just poof xD)
DM joined the chat
DM: (WEIRD LINK!)
Siara: (Scary link)
Kyle: (+1 to saving throws! Or you don't have too, just saying.. And ya, just go to dandwiki.com and find Druid 3.5 should tell you everything you need to know about Raiden)
DM: Hyna glances back at Siara, softly smirking before calling across to him. "If you don't want that note getting too wet, just stick it in your mouth... paper deals better with salavia than pure water. Just don't drool too much..."
Siara: (Raiden isn't a druid, just a husky-type riding dog that Siara shared some power with at one point.)
Kyle: (I know but he is a Animal Companion >,> )
Kyle: pulls out his 50ft of rope and throws one end to Rooke, and help him to the shallow end cause he is a nice guy!
Siara: (I was treating more like a celestial that was bound to this plane, with some limits)
Kyle: (I was going off your class skills, that's a DM ruling bonus there not mine so I'm going on my round.)
Siara: (Regardless of Raiden, that still doesn't explain if I can plantbend as a natural druid ability instead of a spell. Of course, for combat, it would expend a spell slot with Entangle)
DM: Rooke grins at Kyle for the help and stands on the middle bit, looking across to the other bank. Now that they're about 40 ft nearer to the other side, the two humans can see the road a little better - it is faintly illuminated by floating torchbugs, humming about.
DM: (If ya come up with a good story for why Raiden is celestial-esque, I'd be up for it. And plantbending... you need to check the height of the trees to see if they'd actually bend over the river fair enough. It's 80ft at this point for you.)
Siara: (Was thinking more a vine bridge, but that works too xD And Raiden isn't really celestial, it seemed like the most accurate way to describe it. He's just a riding dog made sentient through training and granted a tiny, tiny amount of power because he's bound to Siara.)
DM: (Yeah, I'd be okay with that.)
Siara sighs and takes the note back out, folding it as tightly as possible and popping it into his mouth before wading into the water, holding the loose ends of his robe tight to keep them from billowing around in the water too much.
DM: (Reflex if you're gonna walk. Swim if you're gonna swim to the middle.)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara: (13)
DM: (Swim or reflex?)
Siara: (Tiny power like I described earlier, the way he disappeared. Becoming more of a life essence and using the connection between plants to disappear from one spot and rematerialize in another a medium distance away, for crossing gaps etc)
Siara: Reflex)
Siara: (Pretty sure I slip a few times)
DM: (Sure, that works. Also... you don't slip.)
DM: You feel like you're being tugged at by the current, especially with your robes, but your feet are on the bottom, so you feel you'll make it across just fine. You make it to the middle with no problem, joining the others in the thigh-deep water.
Siara feels the tug of the current, trying to brace himself against it, moving slowly and carefully, but eventually making it to the middle, where he takes the note out of his mouth, seeing it remain mostly dry. "I knew I should have sprung for the waterproof bag instead..."
DM: Hyna glances at the note and smiles a bit. "Well... you can take care of that now. I don't... really want to touch it..."
Siara rubs at his knuckles, having scraped them lightly as he crossed. "You act like my saliva is toxic."
Kyle: (Just noting, everything you said about Rai would be a animal companion that druids get at lvl 1, that have magic link that lets you share spells and slowly increases his int. )
DM: "You're a druid," Rooke says simply with a smirk.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: splashes some water- "Ya, I wouldn't put it pass you Siara to spit acid or something worst.. Now I'm getting across.. " -swimming the rest of the way!
Kyle: (If I get the chance)
Siara: (Yeah, but there's no spell for becoming a life essence and teleporting through an area if there's plants nearby, so that's what I meant.)
Kyle: (There is, but it's high level spell)
DM: Kyle easily swims across, the current not quite as strong on this side of the river, nor as deep. As you swim, your knuckles and feet occasionally touch the bottom of the river and you easily clamber up on the other side. Rooke follows, walking, and manages to keep his pack dry, above the water.
Siara: (I see Animate Plants...)
Kyle: (Lvl 6! Transport via Plants: Move instantly from one plant to another of the same kind.)
Siara: (Ohhh)
Kyle: raises his arms in victory- "Boooya! First one across..." -throws rope to the elfs, Hyna first of course.
Siara: (Well, I gave that to Raiden because it's a pain in the ass rolling for two creatures >.>)
Kyle: (If he is husky, he is fat, if he is fat, he can swim very well)
DM: Hyna glances at Siara and smiles a little before following the others via swimming. She clambers up on the shore without the help of the rope, almost completely ignoring it, and looks about, then sits down in the grass and takes off her boots to pour out the water.
DM: Rooke takes the rope instead and heaves himself out with Kyle's help.
Kyle wiggling his toes enjoying the wet boots.
Siara: (Huskies are really furry, not fat)
DM: (They have good reserves of fat though.)
Kyle: (I disagree, they have a thick layer fat I bet! Also https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550851_435224693180230_355368730_n.jpg
Kyle: (Zyra the plant girl)
Siara: (I feel kinda like her, I really do xD)
DM: (Hehe!)
Siara: (Also, huskies do have fat, it's just compressed like a dolphin because thick fat would slow them down.)
DM: Rooke stands on the shore, dripping wet and looking around at the tiny torchbugs. "Well, now, aren't they just pretty?" he says with a smirk.
DM: (You want a fat dog that WON'T float? St. Bernard.)
Kyle: is too busy looking the otherway toward the elfs- "Ehh.. I say atleast a 8 out of 10.. But the bugs are nice too.. Now lets see how much farther we got to go. A fire would be nice right now.." -he says squeezing out some water from his shirt
Siara sighs and eats the note again, swimming the rest of the way and heaving himself out of the water, taking a moment to wring out his robes
Kyle: Awareness!
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: The elf slowly looks up at Kyle, one eyebrow raising before her ear twitches agitatedly. She rolls her eyes and starts wringing the edge of her shirt and trouser legs to get the water out. "Perhaps Rooke would have some supplies in his pack?"
Kyle: (Damn the wet T-shirt contest going on, I can't focus! >,<
DM: You can see the cobblestone path - it's shored up by a wall made of stones (Haha! XD!) and leads north. There are no travellers upon it, no signposts... just the floating torchbugs.
Siara "If it's fire you need, I can provide, but it will be the only time I can cast it until I rest." He puts the note away properly.
DM: Rooke glances at Siara. "Yeah, might be a good idea at this point... 'ere, I'll go gather some firewood." He slips off his pack and drops it next to Kyle before stalking off towards the woods.
DM: Hyna wrings her hair to get the water out, then flops back in the grass and looks at the sky for a bit. She makes a grunt sound before rolling onto her belly, knees, and then getting to her feet once more. She moves to the stone path and looks both ways in the hopes of spotting someone walking along, but has no luck, even with her darkvision.
Siara nods, holding his hand before him in a loose fist, he eyes glowing lightly as he begins building magic for the spell. "Warmth... Heat..."
Kyle: shivers a bit when the winds hits him, instantly changing his mind to atleast camp for warmth till he is dry. He kicks at the ground a couple times before using the backside of his hatchet to dig a shallow pit and starts lining the outside with stones. - "Damn it all.. So close to a warm bed.. Just keep thinking.."
Raiden gradually appears from a tangle of vines nearby, rushing over to lean against Siara affectionately.
DM: "Has anyone else thought it's very possible all the residents of that city don't remember the past little while either?" Hyna softly murmurs, turning back and sitting down on the opposite side of Rooke's pack to Kyle.
Siara grins as Raiden reappears, petting him happily, then motioning to Kyle before turning to Hyna. "If that's happened, we're back to square one."
DM: Rooke wanders back, his arms full of dry twigs and leaves, a few sticks resting on his shoulder. He deposits them all into the firepit that Kyle has been gouging out of the dirt.
Raiden rubs against Siara once more before trotting over to Kyle, pressing against him in an attempt to share his dry warmth.
Kyle: stabs two of the sticks into the ground as he moves back from Rai a bit- "I'll pet ya in a moment.." - Kyle then throws off the chainvest he was given at base down, and takes his shirt off netting it to the twings to let it dry faster.- "That feels alot better.. Well with anyluck, they won't remember ether. Then we can atleast get a free place to stay maybe.."
Siara watches Rooke place the kindling and wood, his hand turning slightly red from the retained charge of magic. "Fire." Opening his palm, a large fireball bursts into existence with a small boom as the stored magic is released all at once. Lowering his palm, he lets the fireball float off his palm and into the collected firestuff, setting it alight and creating a contained blaze for them to enjoy.
DM: Rooke starts removing his breastplate armor with some difficulty, nodding along in agreement. "You must be talking about the town's residents? Maybe... how long are we planning on staying here at this site? Just enough to get warmed up, or are we going to rest here?"
DM: Hyna closes her eyes as the fireball busts into existence, but once again opens them - albeit tentatively - as the fire starts to burn through the twigs.
Kyle doesn't want to be the one to say he is tired, so instead stretches and promptly starting eating some jerky again.
Kyle: (brb)
DM: (ok)
Siara shrugs. "Either way is fine with me, but my vote is to stay here for the night. I used both of my lv1 spells, I won't be able to use them or any others of that level until I rest."
Raiden curls up next to Kyle, laying my head in his lap and hoping that he gets the idea
DM
Hyna eyes Kyle and the piece of jerky. She is quiet for a moment, her tongue briefly touching to her lips before she glances away. She glances at Rooke and motions to his bag. "Any food in there I can have?" she asks.
He nods, opening up the pack and taking out a metal box. It's a good size, but small enough to fit in a pack without too much trouble. "There should be, but I'm not sure..." He opens it up and looks inside, then raises an eyebrow. "Well... if you like maggots, yes there is food..."
"Blechh, not in the mood."
Kyle: (xD So out out of character saying levl one spell haha, funny stuff)
DM: (Unless druids actually have a system... but yeah, I was wondering about that... XD)
Siara: (Druids charge spells the same way as clerics, from what I read)
Siara: (Also, let's pretend he knows that there are various ranks of spells, and that Entangle and Produce Flame are of the second rank)
DM: (Heh, that works. )
DM: Rooke takes the box and empties it into the river. (Quick! Awareness checks! I'm doing one for Hyna. Rooke isn't.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (hehe!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Raiden: (17)
Siara: (12)
DM: (Hyna and Rae)
DM: *Rai
Kyle: takes his sweet time chewing slowly one of his last two jerky strips. While giving Raiden a small pat on the head, as he catches Hyna glance- "Something I can help ya with miss? You want a hunk of this meat?" -he say, ripping it slowly
DM: As Rooke shakes the box to empty it of the rotten food, both Hyna and Rai see a glint of metal fall out into the river - the shape of a key. Hyna immediently jumps to her feet, trips over Kyle, and leaps into the water after the little key.
DM: Rooke swears, frowning. "Is the drow THAT hungry? The gods, Kyle... shouldn't tease a hungry woman!"
Raiden sits up suddenly after spotting a glint of metal from the box. Rising quickly, he chases after the drow, following her progress in the river, barking wildly.
Kyle: stumbles in place when the girl almost tackles him- "Not my damn fought.. My shirt was wet.. Wait what are we talking about?"
Siara blinks as Raiden takes off, standing more slowly. "Rai? What's going on?"
DM: Rooke looks at Kyle a moment before getting the joke then laughs and shakes his head before turning his attention to the water. Hyna, not dealing with a lot of current, is facedown in the water, paddling. She's obviously lost the key and is searching for it.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (18)
DM: (Want Rai to roll?)
DM: (If he gets higher roll than she, he finds the key on the floor of the river first.)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Raiden: (Nope, woof)
DM: Hyna dives down a little, her fingers scraping the stones and soil at the bottom of the river before she returns to the surface, pulling herself out of the water. She's soaked to the bone and smiling a little. "Maybe that's our little key, Siara... bit small for a house door, though, isn't it?" She drops it into Siara's hand and sits a little closer to the fire, shivering lightly.
Kyle: (ROUND sry guys actually having people here at work is annoying >,> Seems everyone a dip shit and forgot there badge doesn't work at midnight)
DM: (Tell 'em to go away! XD)
Siara: (tyt xD)
Siara tilts his head. "What else could it be for?" He sees Hyna's hands shaking from the cold. Reaching out for the fire, he draws a few strands away, shaping them into another fireball that he holds out for Hyna. "You're soaked again. Hold out your hand for me?"
DM: Hyna offers him her hand, ducking her head close to her shoulders to retain warmth. "Never travelled with a druid before," she notes absentmindedly.
Raiden pads back over to Siara, laying heavily in his lap after it's free of fire.
Siara grins. "What a coincidence, neither have I..." He tilts his hand forward, letting the fireball float over to her hand, keeping the magic bound to himself so it doesn't go out unexpectedly. "That's still fire, so it'll burn you if you touch it. Keep it close though it'll help you warm up." He grunts as Raiden drops heavily into his lap, petting him as he watches the flames.
DM: Hyna nods her thanks and cups the fireball gently in her hands, not quite touching it. Her finger soon stop shivering and she shifts closer to the fireball to heat up a little more, placing herself between it and the campfire.
DM: .
Kyle: (Back.. catching up)
Siara makes a few small flicking motions, causing small embers to jump towards Kyle and Rooke but making sure they go out before hurting either of them. "I'm not entirely sure what it was that prompted me to study as a druid in the first place, since my brother and sister were both going to become clerics when they turned 100. Maybe I just felt closer to the earth than to the moon. Maybe it was meeting Raiden. I've had a lot of fun as a druid though, and I wouldn't trade it for anything." He sighs and leans back, looking up through the trees. "...I wonder how they are."
DM: (yo)
Kyle: watches the events unfold still content with sitting near the fire shirtless, while letting it dry out- "Well.. that was eventful. So we sleeping or picking up the pace, I'm up for another couple miles. I've been trained for endurance, a long with archery all my life.." -Kyle says proudly, flicking out his boot knife and cleaning his nails
Kyle: (I seriously had three people back to back walk up to the doors and pull on them. Thinking they would be unlocked. All I can think "Is you work here!" How do you not know the doors don't unlock without badges)
DM: Rooke glances at Hyna and Siara, then at Kyle. "Well, I know elves don't sleep, so... as long as that city is friendly, I wouldn't mind walking. Though... we may need the druid's backup, and if he's run out of spell-things, then he's not much use to us in a magic-sense... perhaps we should rest, let him recharge or whatever it is that druids do..."
Siara: (Moroooooons)
DM: (Heh heh!)
DM: Hyna glances up at Rooke, then Kyle, and smirks. "Y'know, if we're gonna stay here and let Siara rest up a bit, maybe we should find out a little more about each other... we may be stuck together for a while."
Raiden nods. "I can't use any offense-oriented spells until I rest and recharge. I can still create light and water, among other things, but unless we come across dark or fire elementals..."
Raiden: (...)
Raiden: (wrong window, fml)
DM: (hehe!!!)
Kyle: (Jebuzz! The dog can talk!)
Raiden: (Yeah, dog's intelligence just jumped from 8 to 80)
Siara nods. "I can't use any offense-oriented spells until I rest and recharge. I can still create light and water, among other things, but unless we come across dark or fire elementals..."
Kyle: waves off Rooke's comment- "Pff~ I've made it this far without fairy dust.. I don't need too, as long as I got my wits, and strength about me I'll be fine." -points the knife out like a pointing stick toward Hyna- "Plus if anyone is talking it's you Miss.. I know I've heard stories about your kind, I mean your not darked skinned for no reason.."
Kyle has no idea what drow are like, he just making a guess
DM: Hyna looks at Kyle a long moment, then tosses her drying hair away from her face. "Fine," she says. "What would you like to know, hume?"
DM: (Mwhahhaa!)
Siara: (Kekeke, Siara's rubbing off on her)
Kyle: thinks long and hard staring at her- "Ya, do you drink blood? Favorite color, age... and what you think is the best thing about me.." -he takes the time to finish cleaning his nails
Kyle: (Kyle takes nothing seriously!)
Kyle: (Unless it involves him)
DM: (haha!)
DM: (2 mins...)
Kyle: (Drrraveeeenn)
Siara: (Yeah, I see it now)
Siara: (I think I'm becoming somewhat obsessed with music boxes and Nico Nico Choruses >.>)
Kyle: (Next feat, Weapon Focus Throwing Axes xD And why music boxes?)
DM: Hyna stares at Kyle for a long moment, then frowns. "I am no vampire. As for the rest..." She seems about to disregard the rest of the questions, but a strange expression crosses her face and she starts to smirk rather fiendishly.
Siara
(Because the music box version of Meltdown and this sound really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl-1_XbOBnY )
DM: "My favorite color is blue," she says slowly and deliberately. "And I am perhaps a little out of your age range, Kyle... and the best thing about you... I would need to test something before making my decision."
Siara looks back and forth between Hyna and Kyle as they talk. When Hyna starts to change, he has to cover his mouth with a hand to keep from giggling.
Kyle: stands up with a groan for once, snatching his shirt and throwing it on before yawning- "Ahh that's good, I was worried I would have to invest in some stakes. And there isn't any test I can't pass.." - he goes silence looking between everyone with a grin- "What's so funny, don't believe me?"
DM: Hyna also stands, stepping towards him. "We'll see. Shirt off, boots off. Quickly now. No armor."
Siara watches Hyna stand, holding out a hand for the fireball. "I'll take that if you no longer need it."
DM: Rooke gets a smirk. Hyna gently prods the fireball back to Siara, thanking him softly in elvish, then waits for Kyle to do as she says.
Kyle: (Oh stuffs happening) "Geeze really right here in front of everyone, I know I said I'm not shy and all.. heh" -he kicks off his boots and shirt off again, his chainvest is still on the ground in a bundle- "Wha we doing?"
DM: (Stuff?)
DM: Hyna looks at him a moment, then motions him away from the fire so there is no chance of either of them stepping in it. "Punch me," she says simply once she's standing still once more.
Kyle: shakes his head- "I don't hit girls.." -he puts it frankly and chuckles
Siara: (o-o)
DM: "Oh-ho, it's a trap Kyle!" Rooke says with a wide grin. "Good reply!"
Siara raises his hand like a giddy schoolboy. "Ooh, ooh, can I hit him in your place then!?"
DM: Hyna smiles and shrugs her shoulders. "Only a stupid man does not defend himself, Kyle." In a lightning swift movement, she shoots her hand out at his face, palm first.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (Ehh.. I think you ducked. 11?)
Kyle: (Muahah, my AC is still 13 base xD)
DM: (Heh heh!)
DM: (Siara... heh!)
Kyle: parries and moves to the side getting more space inbetween them- "And no man is a man that would strike a girl.."
Kyle can't seem to be stop laughing, covering his face.
Siara frowns. "Oh, come onnnnnnnn, hume boy. Isn't it more gentlemanly to do as a woman asks?"
Kyle: (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TP WON)
Kyle: (TPA won the WT in LoL not those cheaters Yes..)
DM: Hyna doesn't seem too perturbed by not managing to hit him. "I'll try again if you do not retaliate, Kyle." She advances on him, hands up slightly, ready to ward off an attack.
DM: (Yay! End of nerd rage!)
Siara: (...christ, it's only 11pm? Feels like it's a lot later o_o)
Kyle: "You won't hit me.. But you can keep trying.." -Kyle says keeps his arms out ready to knock away her strikes (fighting def +4 AC dodge bonus.)
Siara: (You know you only have to ask me for help and I can surprise him xD)
DM: (It's only 7 pm here!)
DM: (This is a pride issue with Hyna. This is a part of her 'test' )
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Oh, okay :3)
DM: (15?)
Kyle: (AC 17)
Kyle: (10 Base + 3 Dex +4 Dodge)
DM: Hyna rolls her hand into a fist and strikes at Kyle again... but misses once more.
DM: (She really wants to beat him up! It just isn't working for her!!!)
Kyle: ducks and jukes to her side still grinning- "I thought you knife ears lived hundreds of years? Your telling me in all that time.. You never learn to fight hand-hand?" -he glance down at legs and back up- "But you look so toned.." -he bites his bottom lip.
Kyle: (Vex tell me you get that Meme joke xD)
Siara: ("What I think you look like versus what I really look like" comes to mind)
DM: "Well, to be honest, I can't believe you're letting an old lady get away with trying to put you on your ass," Hyna says, almost politely. She shoots her heal out for his shin.
Kyle: (DAT ASHE)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (... she totally misses)
DM: (THE DICE HATES ME!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: (... she totally misses)
DM: (THE DICE HATES ME!)
Kyle: (round)
Siara: (http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/orig... )
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/272/387/014.jpg
DM: Rooek is starting to chuckle, enjoying the show of Kyle so effortlessly nudging Hyna's attacks aside or taking the blows without harm.
DM: (... ahhaahaha!!!)
Siara: (That ^ is what I first thought of when I saw "bites his bottom lip")
Siara bounces the fireball back and forth between his hands, careful not to let it touch him as he watches Hyna and Kyle
DM: (Good one... XD)
DM: Hyna looks at Kyle a moment after she has attempted to take out his shin, then smirks. "Come on... this is no fun with you just deflecting my attacks. The test is not to see how well you clam up!"
DM: Rooke glances over at Siara, then smiles. "Does every black elf woman ask you to beat them up? I may just come over to your peoples' land someday... Seems a fun deal."
Siara snickers. "Hardly. But it's less sporting to decline a challenge. Chivalry is more or less lost on us - females are expected to pull their weight just as much as males, regardless of the work at hand."
DM: .
DM: "Would you have hit her back?" Rooke asks curiously. There seems to be no doubt that if given a challenge, he would have stepped up to it whether the combatant were male or female.
Kyle: Pops his neck as he slides his right leg forward in between her legs and slam into her right shoulder trying to trip her up.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (etherway no one can hit anyone in this match xD)
Siara nods. "Of course. I would naturally have curiosity as to -why- she wanted me to hit her, but I would honor her request."
DM: Hyna takes the blow with no trouble and her legs quickly adjust so he has no opportunity to trip her. She drives a fist towards his stomach.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (16... geh!)
DM: (Quick! Roll all the bad ones out!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Wow, I wouldn't have hit either)
DM: (haha!)
Kyle: (that's a hit Kate, Ac is only 13 right now.)
Siara: (Bad roller is bad)
DM: (... oh, no fighting defensively! Yay!)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM: (Cool
DM: (This is nonlethal damage)
Kyle: Takes the hit and keeps going to try and grapple Hyna- "I will, not.. Err hit you!"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (wow is that 2 2 in a row?)
DM: (Strength mod +3)
DM: (... you're rolling terribly!!!)
Kyle: (Ya.. wow what are the odds, guess Kyle is still holding back. Ya it's a failed grapple)
DM ducks the grapple, moving behind him to attempt her own grapple on him.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (16)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle refuses to fight back!
DM: (... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!)
DM: Hyna manages to catch him, one arm wrapped around his neck. She smirks and whispers into his ear: "Too afraid you'll hurt me? Or is it just your lack of guts that makes you refuse to give me your best?"
DM: .
Siara smirks, entertained. "I think he's a wimp, he just acts like a hardass to try to impress you."
Raiden is sawing logs, gives zero fucks about what's going on.
Kyle: grunts holding in place letting a small chuckle out- "As I see it.. I've won.. I got the girl trying pin my naked chest against hers.. heh.." -(going to grapple back for control!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (now you grapple back!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (... darn!)
Kyle: switches footing, popping his head loose and moving her back side keeping her arms wrapped around herself and pressed up against him- "Ahh.. much better.."
Kyle: (your turn, what you doing?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (... 12)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (thats two, one more and I get to pin her xD)
DM: Hyna attempts to wriggle free, but just can't. She looks at Kyle, grins, then stomps her foot heavily down on his.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: ... and obviously didn't hit.
DM: (WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS DICE!?)
DM: (*Die)
Kyle: knees the backside of her knee making one leg buckle leaning in to smell her- "*sniff sniff* "Is that.. perfume?"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara catches the fireball and balances the fireball near the tip of his right index finger, his hand shaped like a gun, aiming for Kitt's head.
Kyle: (No!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: ...
DM: (HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN!?)
Siara: (Kyle's* head)
Kyle: knees out her last leg dropping her to the ground face first with his weight onto of her- "See.. there we go.. We done yet? Cause as much as I love this point of view, I'm starting to sweat...heh"
DM: Rooke is enjoying the show. He glances up at Siara and smirks. "Hey, cool it, elf... you'll know a serious fist fight when you see one and this is not it."
Kyle: (Three grapples = Pin fyi)
DM: (Yup! Read about it. )
DM: Hyna lies facedown in the grass and turns her head a bit before smirking at him. "Hm, I'm not telling you the results of your test until you punch me. Let me on my feet first, however."
Siara "Hmm, yes... But she threw rocks at you just for thinking you took advantage of her... I'd hate to think what she'd do if Kyle actually managed to pin her." He tilts his head, a slightly sadistic smile on his lips. "So you see, it's more for his safety than hers."
Siara readjusts his aim
Siara: (I love playing with Siara's natural sadism)
Kyle: leans in heavy close to her cheek- "Well then I guess I'll take my reward then.. cause I'll never hit a girl miss" -As Kyle gives her cheek a quick peck, then letting go and standing up quickly dusting himself off- "Well.. that was interesting.. Hah..
DM: Rooke shrugs and watches the two of them as Kyle pins her... then he grins. "I think he's in trouble... later. When she's out from underneath him."
Kyle: (And I love being a Duke, such a nice prick)
DM: (XD!!!)
DM: Hyna rolls onto her back and sits up, rubbing at her cheek to get rid of the peck-feeling. She stands and shakes her head. "It's a weakness Kyle, not a strength... in a fight, a woman with an axe is going to have no trouble smacking it into your face... and I'm 138 years old, for your information."
Kyle: (Wow you even fumbled on that last grapple check I roll a 2 and you roll a 1 what are the odds. Funny fight)
DM: (WEIRD fight... nobody hit anything!)
DM: (I think she hit him like... once.)
Siara tilts his head in the other direction, still grinning like a Cheshire. "And this is why elves have no gender-based inhibitions."
Kyle: rubs his stomach with a smug grin- "And ya know what? When I cross that bridge I'll deal with it.. till then, I'll just keep being amazing.."
Kyle: stops holding up a finger to the air- "Correction.. Perfect.."
Kyle: (xD yesh)
Siara aims the fireball upwards and fires it (so to speak), launching it a foot or so into the air and then catching it lightly, bouncing it between his palms like before.
DM: Hyna brushes her clothes to get rid of the grass and dirt, moving towards the fire once more. She rolls her eyes at Kyle, then plops down in the grass next to the fire. "Well... I'm going to rest if you have no more questions, Kyle. Though, I do know one thing now - you have never met a drow before."
DM: Rooke grins and rifles through his pack, pulling out his bedroll. He doesn't bother to set up his tent, instead tugging off his boots and shirt before getting inside the bedroll and curling up, his back to the fire.
Kyle: props himself up with his feet near the fire and head resting with his arms folded- "And you never meet me.. also Rooke you own me 50 gold.. heh.." -he yawns with a large grin
DM: .
DM: .
Kyle: (Vex you passing out already?)
Siara: (No, why?)
DM
Rooke rolls over for a moment, glaring at Kyle as if not understanding, then pauses and laughs as he remembers. "I don't have 50 gold, Kyle... I owe you. Goodnight you lot... and hey, Miss, there's room..."
"I am not interested, Rooke." Hyna sits cross-legged, comfortably folding her hands and closing her eyes.
Kyle: (Then would you do the honors of fast forwarding to morning Vex?)
Siara: (Oh, you mean in game)
Kyle: (Also Kate bet you didn't think Kyle would handle that so smoothly did ya? )
Siara: (Sure, in a moment xD)
DM: (... no, I didn't. XD!!)
Kyle: (Ya, so what she could hit me once and knock me out.. I still won, pinned her, and got my kiss, and 50 gold from the bet! Bpya!)
Kyle: (And this is why my DM hate me.)
Siara snorts, then nudges Raiden off his lap and onto the grass before standing with a stretch. "Well, I think I'll go meditate for a bit." He moves to a nearby and places his hands against it, calling down a vine like before. "See you in the morning." Holding onto the vine, he disappears into the forest canopy, balancing at the top of the tree with his arms out wide, enjoying the night air as the magic returns to him. "And then, the next morning..."
DM: (Haha! I think it's funny... you totally bested a NPC I didn't think would be bested so early.)
DM: (... Initiative rolls for who wakes up first!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara: (Made me lulz)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (bit of a light sleeper xDF)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (Kyle, Rooke, Hyna, Siara. )
Siara: (Darn, then Siara can't snuggle up with him on nights where he doesn't need to recharge)
Kyle is not waking up first, he is content to lay there with his shirt unbutton and keep his eyes closed almost.
Kyle: (Ya know, when your awake but you choose not to be?)
Siara: (Tempted to dive out of the tree and land on Kyle's chest, just to be evil)
Kyle: (You'ld miss with my luck, and break a leg)
DM: ((All right then!)) Kyle, you are awoken by the soft chirping of birds. The sun is warm on your skin and you feel pleasantly rested... that is, until something soft and velvety touches your jaw and something wet laps at your nose. You open your eyes to find a massive moose standing over you.
Siara: (o_o)
Kyle: scrambles and yelps rolling off to the side- "Ahhh! Moose!"
Kyle: (seriously that's all I'm posting cause I can't think of anything better to describe)
DM: Rooke wakes up, rolling from his bedroll and reaching for his weapon until he sees the Moose. The moose is startled by all the quick movements and quickly plunges off into the river, crossing with haste and standing in the shallow middle, glaring back at them.
Raiden wakes up and scrambles to his feet quickly at the sudden loud noise, spots the moose, then heaves a sigh, padding over to the tree and howling up unto the branches, attempting to wake Siara.
DM: Hyna rubs at her face, blearily looking at the moose before back at Kyle. "You ah... you got something there..." She points at her lip. Kyle has grass stuck in the side of his mouth - obviously the moose hadn't finished chewing its food before investigating him.
DM: Rooke sits still on his bedroll for a moment, then looks at Kyle. "You can stop a girl from beating you up, get a kiss and 50 gold in one night... and then wake up screaming the next day about a moose?" He laughs, then pulls his shirt on.
Kyle: scrambles for his longbow after the shock ends, he notches a arrow then blowing off the grass and beading his target- "Yup.. got us some lunch.. Hope your hungry.." -he takes a deep breath setting his shot (aiming)
DM: (... *SCRAMBLES TO FIND A MOOSE SHEET!*)
DM: (... *pretends the moose is a bison* Yes, yes, go ahead... I'm completely prepared! [/failed bluff check]))
Kyle: (Well to make things simple I'm going for a headshot, taking the -10 to hit, but pretty much killing it if I hit IF your ok with that?)
Siara sighs as he opens his eyes to see the morning sun, then hears Raiden calling for him. "Coming, my dear!" Raising his arms, several vines rise from the tree, creating a small platform that then descends through the trees rapidly to the ground floor. (dyswidt)
Kyle: (cause I don't want to wound the animal and just make it bleed to death as it runs away.)
DM: (Hm-kay)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (You hit )
Kyle: (15 to hit?)
DM: (Yup!)
Kyle: (fuk ya)
DM: (So a headshot does how much damage?)
DM: (.. that's a dumb question, technically)
DM: Rooke glances up as Siara appears on the forest floor. "Ah, g'morning, treehugger. Kyle got given a big slobbery kiss this morning." He smiles as he notices that he's made Hyna grin stupidly.
Kyle: exhales as his fingers let loose the arrow, as it flies true dropping the moose in a single shot. The arrow causing the massive creature to fall heavy and life-less in the shallow end. Kyle then would slap Rooke to follow him and pull the creature dead body back before it washes into the ocean.- "Heck ya.. Got us something to eat... Help me drag this big guy back.."
Siara gasps, a hand on his chest in mock horror. "What, you want help from a frail creature like me!?"
Kyle: (I can't remember the ruling, but I remember aiming for a tiny area is like -10 to hit, which I took. And I would say a headshot does auto crit x4 atleast, considering my weapon does x3 already.)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (ROUND, you guys feel free to hurry up and start cutting and eating!)
DM: Rooke wades into the water with Kyle and grabs the moose by the antlers, stopping it from drifting away. With Kyle's help, he drags it back to the shore and the two of them struggle with getting it up onto the grass - Hyna wanders over to help and manages to drag it up onto the shore. "Well," Rooke says with a grin. "I believe you have a dagger, elf? Would you be too concerned if I used it to cut this catch up? - Massive moose, by-the-way, Kyle... surprised you took it down with one shot!"
Siara shrugs. "Not at all." He reaches into his pack to fish out the dagger, then lightly tosses it to Rooke.
DM: Rooke catches it and immediately gets to work on slicing the big creature's body. It seems he's done this on numerous occasions, his work skillful yet... messy, as expected. Hyna moves off a small distance so as not to be distracted by the scent of dead animal or the occasional squirting blood as Rooke jammed the dagger about. She sits on the shore of the river, lightly kicking her feet and glancing about.
DM: The forest is beautiful in the sunlight, the river sparkling and the world is far more alive than it was last night. Dragonflies dance over the surface of the water, birds are singing raucously, and the sound of the water burbling over the stones is quite cheerful. Hyna closes her eyes, enjoying the sun on her face.
Kyle: (still on my round but, you don't have to let me kill it in one shot, but I did hit a 26 if I didn't take the -10)
DM: (Ehh, easier. Especially since I was going off a Bison, which is... not a moose, and I know it!)
DM: .
Kyle rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 64
DM: (Still 17 arrows then?)
Kyle: plucks his arrow out then kneels down and let the river water clean it off before putting it back into his quiver. Standing up and looking around he can't help but wonder if this place is real.- "Wow.. I think that is the best shot I've done.. And biggest moose I've seen, you did say you were hungry right guys?" (17 ya)
Siara "I'm good, but Raiden could probably use some food."
DM: Rooke has managed to take some nice pieces of meat from the creature's rear thigh and laid them out on a flat stone as he keeps cutting. "How much of this do we want to keep?" he asks as he continues to cut. "Wouldn't mind grabbing the antlers, unless you want them, Kyle..."
DM: Hyna opens her eyes and wanders over, nodding. "I am hungry," she confirms.
Kyle: (76 hp for a moose damn, you sure I one-shotted that thing xD)
DM: (That can't be right. Bison are far more hardy than mooses! The Bison was only 40-something)
DM: (I'm reading from the Monster Maual too!)
Kyle: (same)
DM: (... what page?)
DM: .
Kyle: waves it off- "Nah ya can keep it, normally I would take'em but.. I don't feel like carrying a rack around, going to make it hard if I need to bolt somewhere.' -spits off to the side, starting to gather fire wood quickly and getting the fire ready again- "Well your all welcome. I don't know about ya'll but I'm out of rations, and this guy here is big enough to feed all of us, and the pup."
Kyle: (1 sec)
Kyle: (nevermind, different thing. )
DM
Rooke nods off towards his pack. "Hey, Miss, grab the little metal container out of there, would you? I doubt we have any salt, but we can cook up some slabs and store them in the box... unless you can find some salt in there!"
Hyna starts rummaging through his pack, placing the metal container down next to the fire. She shakes her head. "No salt..."
Kyle: (we can fast forward this part if you want xD But I just want it to be known, I feed everyone)
Kyle: (And Siara has to eat sometime!)
DM: (I'm happy to fast forward. Siara? You happy?)
Siara: (Sure)
Kyle throws Raiden a huge leg bone!
Raiden: O.O
Raiden jumps and catches it in the air, the sheer size of it almost grounding him
DM: As everyone eats, the birds keep chirping noisily and you're all pretty certain you saw some more moose on the other side of the river. Hyna made a joke about how they'd come for Kyle in his sleep and successfully smother him their next attempt, but for revenge. Almost as everyone's had their fill, Rooke starts packing meat into the little metal container and goes to wash his hands in the river. (Quick! Awareness!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara: (13)
Kyle: (Kyle on fire now.)
Raiden: (12)
DM: Kyle, you hear the sounds of hooves against stone. For a moment, you think it may be another moose, but you hear soft sounds like a horse whickering. Probably only at a trot, but before long, you can see a man on a bay horse coming from the South along the path. He doesn't seem to have registered you yet, his attention focused on something in his lap - he must be reading.
Kyle: points out to man on the horse as he takes another bite nonchalant like- "Hey look at that.. There is other people alive in this area.. Wonder what if he know's where we are..." -he says, chewing
Kyle: (Just take that [what] out )
DM: The horse slows at the scent of the dead moose, causing the man to look up from his book. Instantly, you recognize his elvish features... well, almost. He must be a half-elf. He looks at the group for a moment, then frowns. "Oh... you can't leave that there. That's against... rule 34, I think." He glances at the book, squinting a bit. "No, sorry... Rule 73. No carcasses on state highways... do any of you uh... know if this is a state highway?"
Raiden: (>____________>)
Siara: (Really? Those rules?)
Kyle: (it made me lol hard)
DM: He has black hair, cut to his shoulders, and slightly slanting brown eyes. And, despite the majestic horse he rides on and the smart clothing he wears (you see he is wearing armor beneath his wide blue cloak that fans over the horse's back) you get the idea he is very confused.
DM: (I read 34... can't remember what 72 was...)
DM: (73, sorry)
DM: (... but I swear, they're random numbers!)
Siara: (73 - If there's not enough of it, just ask for Moar)
DM: (... 34...? I'm afraid to ask...)
Kyle is not in the mood to talk to more elven kind, he will keep eating his moose meat!
Siara: (If it exists, there is porn of it. If there isn't porn of it YET, it will be made, no exceptions.)
DM: (... I am laughing too hard right now. I'm glad I shut the door so nobody's looking at my stupid face... XD!!!)
Kyle: (Just go type in rule 34 int eh search bar for pictures you'll get a cheap laugh)
Siara: (Or be scarred for life)
DM: (Yeaaah, no)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm by Kate Orchix

Siara: (Oh, before I forget...)
Kyle: (Siara this one is all you, I'm not talking with this knife ear -Kyle whispers)
Siara: (Four shots)
DM: Rooke comes back, having washed his hands, and starts putting his armor on as he glances up at the half-elf on the horse with some confusion. Hyna is just sitting quietly, not sure what to think of the stammering half-elf... you all notice he wears a long sword at his side in a silver sheathe.
Siara steps forward, bowing gracefully before the elven male. "Greetings, traveler. We ourselves are not entirely sure of where we are, we simply seem to find a town in which to rest and recover."
DM: The half-elf stares at him a moment, then touches a hand to his face. "Oh, thank the gods... it's not just me? I woke up with a letter in my hand congratulating me for joining the Royal Guard! I'm trying to find out the date so I know how long I've been working for them!"
Siara: seek*
Siara 's blood runs cold as he hears the words. Looking up at the male, he hopes to see a "just kidding" expression, but only finds confusion. "No... How is it possible..."
Kyle: (Kate you turned our game into the show Lost didn't you?!)
DM: (... nope! Didn't think about it until you mentioned it. )
DM: (I have an explanation for everything unlike Lost!)
Kyle: (rOUND)
Kyle: cures throwing his leftovers off into the firepit, then standing sharply and stomping off toward a bush to pee.
DM: "I really don't know," the half-elf says. He rubs at his face again. "It doesn't even make sense! But... for now, let's assume this isn't a state highway or whatever this book says we can't leave carcasses on... I'm heading for Elmrock Keep. Are you lot headed there too?"
Siara tilts his head. "Unsure. We might be, if that's where Windwater Hall is located."
DM: "I've never heard of the place," the half-elf royal guard says. "It's possible it's there, though - if it hasn't changed along with everything else... I only found the road by pure luck. My house is meant to be right next to the road, and the road is meant to be on the other side of the river with a bridge leading across to the city... I..." He laughs a little hysterically and rubs at his face again. "And I'm a royal guard suddenly... it's quite ridiculous! I'm a tanner, not a warrior!"
Siara crosses his arms, puzzled. "How very strange... Our party woke up in the forest last night with no memory of how we got there or what we were doing before hand. Seems that whatever affected us wasn't limited to the forest...
Siara: "
DM: The royal guard falls silent for a moment, then offers them a slight smile. "I... imagine that with my royal guard status, I can drag whoever I want in through the gates of Elmrock Keep... why don't we travel together? Perhaps we can get some answers in Coria Rond where our Lady resides..."
Siara shrugs. "I'm in, and Raiden will follow me wherever I go. If everyone else is in agreement, then we'll travel together."
Kyle: comes out from the bush pulling his pants back up, looking to everyone for a moment- "Let me guess.. we're moving to another place? Let's get then.." -he says leaning down and collecting his things, which wasn't much. He was fine with walking now with a full belly. He looks up at the Guard with a questionable look- "Your a tanner, yet you claim to be a royal guard? Damn that's a promotion of a life time.."
DM: "Not... not really," the half-elf grins. "I've never wielded a sword in my life. It's the most stupid promotion I've ever heard of!" He watches as Rooke grabs up his pack and Hyna simply stands up, ready to go. "Well, let's... be off. I feel so haughty riding the horse while you lot walk, but, uh... keep up appearances, y'know?" He seems more human than elf, personality-wise.
DM: (Do we want to skip, or listen to Abron here talk about how confused he is? XD)
Kyle: (do we have a choice? heh)
DM: (Yes! XD! http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/2... )
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/242/3/c/avengers_female_2_by_usagi_tsukino_krv-d5czjan.jpg
DM: (Vex!)
Kyle: (Not really if that's all he is going to do)
Siara: (Hmm?
DM: (All right... Siara, nothing more you want to say to the half-elf? I'll do a skip otherwise)
Siara: (Not really)
DM: The half-elf talks your ears off as you move. His conversation varies from how his uncle trained him to be a tanner to how he noticed that his coin purse was gone when he woke up. He starts babbling on about how the garden outside his house was different than he remembered, but Rooke very politely tells him to shut his gob. There was a little bit of silence, then the half-elf started bartering with Rooke for the moose antlers that Rooke carried on the back of his pack - they got nowhere in negotiations after Rooke reminded the half-elf - named Abron - that his coin purse had disappeared.
DM: After that, the conversation went fairly quiet again.
Siara sighs. "Such a widespread affliction surely won't go unnoticed for long..."
Kyle: does a lot of nodding and 'un-huh' and 'ya don't say?' not really paying attention to the ramblings, he was already growing tired of the same old story from everyone. It bugged him to no end that this place was cursed- "I think we're still in a wizards closets.. or something.. But that's just me.."
DM: Rounding a bend in the path and the river, suddenly, a massive city rose up above the party. Thick, white stone walls surrounded the hill-city, the buildings made of a similar material to the walls. Gulls circle above crying, and the highest building in the city appears to be a spire above a large hall, but many other buildings block your view. As you near the gates, you can see some stables, practically overflowing with horses - several stableboys are struggling to find places to tie the horses up seeing as the corrals are full.
DM: "Here we are, Elmrock Keep... and thankfully, it doesn't look much different to how I remember it," Abron says.
DM: Peasants mill about at the shop stalls outside the gates, most of them looking fairly... well... normal, for the most part. One or two look very lost, though, as if something in their life is not... fitting.
DM: You can see the river spill out into the sea over a short waterfall, no more than five meters high, and the oceans spreads to your left like a massive, blue blanket, calmly lapping at white shores. The scent of fish and salt are stronger now.
DM: [/w]
Kyle: nods to the city- "And just think.. we got all this gold to throw around, oh wait.. we don't. Guess we're sleeping on the streets again tonight. Unless you think you can work your charm to get us a room Hyna.." -turns his head back to Siara- "Or you even heh.. May have to take back what I said about that rack."
Siara: (FFFFFFF this headache is driving me crazy)
DM: (Any painkillers?)
Siara: (Looking)
DM: Abron has gone strangely quiet, eyeing the others. He seems to be thinking something through before he suddenly dismounts his horse. "Here, human... you wear the same size I do, it would seem," he says to Kyle. "I... cannot go before her Ladyship unknowing of how I came to be in her Royal Guard. Take the letter and my garb." He presses a scroll into Kyle's hands and unclips the rich blue cloak from about his shoulders, offering it to Kyle.
DM: Hyna smirks. "Maybe YOU will be getting us a room, Kyle..."
DM: .
DM: (You guys ok?)
Siara: (Just trying to take my mind off this headache, no painkillers)
Kyle: breaths a heavy sigh looking at the rich blue cloak then back up to half-elf- "You sure about this? Cause I'm pretty sure I could lose my head for acting like a royal guard when I'm not.. And even more so if she is a Queen." -Kyle is very unsure of this idea. He even stops to think before throwing on the cloak- "Then again... There could be a princess.. heh"
Kyle: (I just got two pain killers for my headache, my head pounds when it starts to rain)
DM: (Warm drink? Tea?)
DM: Abron hands over the longsword also, then the reigns of his horse. "Here... I don't know it's name, heh... Just, remember to act respectful to the Lady, all right? You're new here, so... Her name is Nalwi Imirie, but you must always call her by a respectful title unless she bids you to speak her name, and... and I think that's all I can help you with. Uhm... Good luck!"
Raiden was timed out 6 seconds ago
DM: (nuuuu!)
Kyle: tries to say the ladies name a few times in his head, then tries to speak it outloud- "Nalli Imriy.. Got it.." -he nods in agreement to himself, bolstering his spirit, before turning and posing with the cloak- "How do I look, good enough for a princess? Ya I know.. I wonder if she'll be a vixen.. or a old crone.."
Kyle: (we may have to stop for Vex headache!)
DM: (I was thinking that)
Siara: (Sorry, just can't focus very well)
DM: (Vex, you ok?)
Siara: (Send some of that rain this way)
DM: (heh...)
DM
Hyna raises an eyebrow at Kyle, then gives him a dry expression. "You look good enough, but you better act the part, or I'll try and put you through that stupid test again..."
"I don't think he'd mind!" Rooke jokes.
Kyle: (I guess we can call it there.)
DM: The commoners browsing the stores seem to be of mixed nationalities. Elves, dwarves, humans, gnomes, halflings, the whole lot of common races. As the minutes passed, more confused faces appeared amongst them as they realized they had no money to spend, many of them spinning to see if they could spy a thief.
DM: (might be a good idea.)
Kyle: (I got to bio and do a round anyways.)
Kyle: ROUND
DM: (Vex, you here?)
Siara: (Barely)
DM: (Want to go to bed?)
Siara: (I'm not tired, just sore)
DM: (Did you have tea?)
Siara: (It's still brewing)
DM: (Are you up for a little more playing or ready to switch the 'off' button? )
Siara: (I can't really focus, I might just have my tea and try to sleep)
DM: (Okay)
DM: (Would you mind if Kitt and I kept playing for a wee bit? I can easily split the party here.)
Siara: (I wouldn't mind at all, I can catch up later)
DM: (Okay, hope you're feeling better soon, Vex!)
Siara: (I do too)
Kyle: (I'm back)
DM: (hey)
DM: (want to keep playing a bit? completely up to you)
Kyle: (Hmm.. depends what would happen?)
DM: (since Vex needs sleep, we could always have guards at the gate stop them and give Kyle funny looks for even bringing them towards the gate - say they aren't accepting any new people in the city until something's been sorted out, but let Kyle through because he's a 'royal guard')
DM: (gotta do a 10 min brb, though. )
DM: (*flees!*)
Kyle makes hand puppets
DM: ('Kay, back)
Kyle: brb
DM: (haha)
Kyle joined the chat
Kyle: (nvm )
Kyle: (What does the scroll read?)
DM: (So, you up for it or finish?)
DM: (The scroll...)
Kyle: (Or did you think I wouldn't ask? xD)
DM: The scroll in your hand... when you open it, you find it has very official writing on the top of it written in Elven script, blue ink. Scrawling writing, still very official, is beneath the heading and seems to be a small-sized letter... that you can't read unless you can read Elvish. It's signed in Elvish also.
Kyle: (Alright I get one of the two elfs in the party to read it to me)
DM: (IC!)
Kyle: wastes his time opening the scroll to see if he can see what may be going on, to his surprise it's in more knife-ear writing. He re-rolls it and hands it toward Hyna- "Hmm.. Sweet cheeks you think you could tell me what this damn scroll says, so I have a idea of what we're getting into. I rather not take the chance of them killing the messenger if it's something bad.. That half-elf dumped it on me pretty easily ya know?"
DM: Hyna reads aloud: "Dear Recipient (how very personal), you have been promoted to Her Ladyship's Royal Guard due to your astonishing actions taken in an effort to save her son's life. She would very much so like to have you at her back as a loyal bodyguard. Along with this letter, you should receive a horse, Royal cloak, and a longsword. Signed, Captain Ozrael of the Royal Guard..." She hands back the scroll. "So, short story, you saved her son. She must be old and married. I wouldn't bother." She winks at him.
Kyle: hums to himself rubbing his chin- "Well.. I could just sell off all this stuff and just buy a inn night out, or a week depending. I mean I have no real 'need' to lie and say I saved her son. Ehh. choices choices..." -Kyle is thinking hard (also making noodles)
DM: "The half-elf said he lost his coin purse too... none of us have money. What's to assume anyone else has money?" She motions to all the shop stalls. It seems that more and more people are looking about themselves as if lost, a few of them quickly trundling off into the forest on many different little paths off from the main one as if retracing their steps.
DM: (I want noodles.)
DM: (I want noodles.)
Kyle: (I'ld share my noodles but your not here)
DM: ( )
Kyle: holds up a finger and starts counting- "One.. when there is no gold, you can still trade.. And two I've already made up my mind thanks to you. So let's get going.." -Kyle would head straight for the gates, with his head held high and cloak flowing into the wind if there any.- "Good day sirs.. I require entrance into Elmrock.. Please quickly open the gate, I have a urgent message for the lady of this strong hold."
Kyle: (You know Kyle going to screw this up right?)
DM: (Totally!)
DM
The guards frown at each other, but offer to let Kyle pass anyhow. Hyna moves to follow him, but one puts their hand out. "No, sorry miss... only royal personnel allowed in and out of Elmrock Keep at the moment."
"But I'm with him..."
"No, sorry."
DM: (Wow, D&D tomorrow too... heh!)
Kyle: stops in his track and put on his face of honor and rage almost- "How dare you say no? Do you have no soul in heart for the compassion of love? This is my soon to be wife, you can't think I would allow her to stay outside the safety of this monolith of a keep without me be her side to protect her. You must reconsider good sir!" (bluff!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle: (15!)
Kyle: be = by*
DM: (... hahaha!!!)
Kyle: (At this point I would snatch her hand might I add)
DM: The guard that put a hand out quickly retracts it. "I... sorry sir. I didn't realize sire... I saw no ring upon her finger and assumed... forgive me." He turns his head away. "But these two, they cannot enter... nor the dog."
DM: Hyna's eyes widen, but she manages to keep her face straight for the most part, letting Kyle hold her hand without too much resistance. You can sense the tension building though... she's gonna whack you as soon as you're out of the guards' sight.
Kyle: waves the other two off while sliding his hand down to Hyna lower back leading her forward- "That is fine, these two gentlemen have filled there oath. If I should require you again I will find you, amazing work but next time loose the mutt." -he turns and starts walking away trying to contain himself from laughing at Siara face.
Kyle: (I know.. I'm amazing xD is what Kyle is thinking)
DM: Rooke just looks lost. After a few moments of staring at the retreating forms of Kyle and Hyna, he claps Siara on the shoulder. "Let's go browse through the shopping stalls and feel horrible because we're broke."
Kyle: (what do I see when I come in?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: Hyna keeps her cool while they enter the city. The main street is bustling with activity - a fair amount of guards are milling about and citizens are questioning them - the guards seem to be handing out small brochures, giving apologies to the people as they go past. The main street is wide, lined with stone buildings which appear to be mostly shops. In the center of the street are market stalls similar to the ones outside, but abandoned - obviously the shopkeepers discovered the money issue before the people outside the city did. Despite all the white stonework, you notice there are a fair amount of gardens also - either in pot trays lining the streets and edges of shops, or in small areas set aside for the pure purpose of having a garden. It seems that every five or so market stalls, there is a small square cut out of the stone floor, replaced by soil. In each of these squares, a young aspen tree grows, flowers sprouting at the base of their trunks.
DM: The main street seems to go in a straight line, the market stalls disappearing further up the road and replaced by a simple row of aspens, all still fairly new and young, more flowers at their bases. Along the stone buildings' walls, you can see creeping vines growing - some have buds, some do not, but it seems that this city loves its vegetation. A quick glance over the guards reveals that most of them are human, elven (or some subrace of the elves), or half-elf. You're pretty sure you spot a dwarf or two also, which is unusual.
DM: The stone buildings near the main street and the market stalls are at least three stories high, plain wooden doors and window sills peeking out onto the street. There seems to be at least three to five separate stores every block of buildings, then a street or a small alleyway.
DM: Hyna very slowly looks at Kyle, something in her eyes highly dangerous.
Kyle: can't help but be in his happy place holding Hyna close and smiling to everyone that makes eye contact. His steps are solid strides as walks the streets as he looks for a brochure on the ground. He pull's her even close to whisper almost to her not wanting to draw too much attention.. yet- "So.. darling, anychance you could find a brochure for us to read on our way to the keep? May have some info on the town."
Kyle: (I feel like I should say sorry for roleplaying this character xD)
DM: (I keep grinning, so no apologies needed. You know Britta's gonna love this guy, right?)
Kyle: (Nope, thought she would be even worst and hate him more.. plus she hits alot harder I bet.)
DM: (She actually HITS, so... yeah. But she'd be charmed easily by someone like Kyle. Most girls like being flirted with... it's just really awkward when you're 122 years older than him.)
Kyle: (I don't always flirt with my characters but when I do, I flirt with everything xD)
DM: Hyna looks at him a moment, then breaks away from him and heads straight for a guard. He's an elf and offers her a brochure right away. "Sorry ma'am, hopefully this can explain!" She thanks him and takes the brochure, bringing it back to Kyle. Thankfully, it's written in Common and seems to have been hastily scrawled. "'The Royal Court and her Ladyship of Elmrock Keep are attempting to discover what has happened over the course of the past while. Thus far, no suspects have been named, but a wizard is thought to be at fault for the disappearance of all the gold in the city, the loss of spans of memory, and strange changes. Please direct any questions to guards you come across, but keep in mind that they may be as clueless as you are. Please have patience with us while we deal with this problem. Signed...' same guy, Captain Ozrael."
Kyle: (I noticed this is actually my most used personality in my characters, just not so much of a lady chaser. But that care free kinda guy who makes light of everything, including what he calls women.)
DM: (Heh, Britta has a bit of a thing for the 'badboys' and guys who blatantly let their attraction to her be known. She doesn't like beating around the bush, so it suits her. )
Kyle: {{Meanwhile inside Kyle mind: - Damn, I was hoping she would find one on the ground..}} "Well that's just dandy, so you really think I should go though with this and try to trick the lady of this keep?" -Kyle shakes his head and laughs- "Gods I hope I don't lose my head.. well atleast Captain Ozrael may remember me. Please ladies first.." -Kyle steps to the side and bows with a smirk.
DM: Hyna doesn't budge. She crosses her arms across her chest and watches Kyle. "Don't think I know how to deal with men like you, Kyle Green."
DM: She is not impressed.
Kyle: back kinda goes loose for a bit as he cleans out his ear, and flicks something off- "Yup.. well that's good to know in that 100 plus years you learned something.. But for now your kinda stuck with me, or you could wait outside. In the end, it's your call." -holds his hand out ready to keep moving forward
Kyle: (Kyle Green is not a known giver of fucks as Vex would say)
DM: "Please wipe your hand on your shirt before you touch me again," Hyna says, turning her back and starting to walk. She glances back at him for a moment, shooting him a glare. "So to this place the half-elf called Coria Rond, then? I'm guessing it's conveniently right up this main road...? That big building up there that looks like it may or may not be a bit of a fortress?"
DM: (Heh heh!0
DM: It does look like a pretty nice fortress, all decked out in white stone. Blue banners fly above it in the wind, circled by gulls. It's a bit of a walk uphill to get there... The main entrance is guarded by several guards who seem to be shooing off commoners wanting to see Her Ladyship to ask what's going on.
Kyle: does indeed wipe his finger off, following her in step. He stops to scratch his head thinking how he should go about this- "Yup.. I do think that is the place, time to get back into character. -*cough cough* -"Let us proceed forward in higher hopes of helping this king.. heh.. dom.. Haha.." -Kyle straightens up the closer they get.
Kyle: with his back straight calmly walks up to the gate door holding the scroll in hand, and saber off to his side to show his rank if there is any.- "I am have arrived! Finally at Captain Ozrael request and lady Nalwi Imirie. I was told to proceed here as soon as possible to help straighten this chaotic time." -Kyle would say to the first one that stopped him
DM: Hyna ignores him until they reach the main entrance, an arch leading into an expansive courtyard filled with foliage - past the guards, you can see a small flight of stairs up to an open door which you assume must lead to a throne room. The guards start eyeing Kyle and Hyna, and she falls back until walking beside him - she slips her arm through his and whispers to him, smiling and appearing to be... well... whispering cutesy lovey things to him when really... "I'm not dressed to go before an Elven Lady, Kyle..." She's right - her black button-up shirt, black pants, belt, and scuffed boots don't seem noble at all.
DM: The guards frown at him, one easily preoccupied with a commoner. The other eyes Kyle, then Hyna, but without another word allows both him and Hyna to enter the archway.
Kyle: quickly whispers back- "And I can't understand elven.. what your point?" -he says squeezing her side.
DM: "You're dragging me in to watch you utterly fail in communication, Kyle, lovely," she returns the whisper, her voice returning to normal volume as they start moving up the path towards the stairs.
Kyle: (ROUND this will give ya some time )
DM: (ok)
DM: The stairs are in the same stone as the rest of the city, but as you climb them with Hyna on your arm and enter through an impressive stone doorway decorated by climbing vines and stone pillars, you find the flooring changes abruptly to a creamy marble stone.
DM: The foyer you enter into is large with a high ceiling, Antler chandeliers hanging from the ceilings and lit up with candles. There are four guards in the room, but none seem to be at attention or even on duty, all gathered around a table with mugs of beer in the corner. The table is made of expensive marble stone similar to that of the floor, a silver vase of brilliant pink flowers resting on the table.
DM: The guards are all clad in blue capes, not unlike the blue cloak you were given, but they are shorter, only reaching to about waist-height. Yours billows behind you rather dramatically as you move. Beneath the cloak, each wears a suit of chainmail girded by a silver belt - you have neither the chainmail or the belt, but they don't seem to find you any the different for the two items' absence. Their boots are hardy black leather and they wear black leggings. At their hips are an assortment of weapons - nothing seems to be the 'norm'. One has a shortsword, another a handaxe, one a longbow, and the other an assortment of throwing daggers spread about his waist.
DM: Two of the guards are human, one a wood elf, and the other a dwarf. He has beer dribbling down his black beard as he sups from his mug, eyes watching Hyna as the two of you enter. Both human guards stop talking, trailing off as they gaze at Hyna also - the wood elf seems too busy continuing to talk and take sips of his beer to even notice that two people have entered the foyer.
DM: On the opposite side of the foyer from the front entrance is an archway, delicately hewn from white wood and carved into symbols of flowers and leaves. Through that archway, the room is dark, but you assume it is the throne room.
DM: [/w]
Kyle: (Well that's alot great detail, is the lady in sight on the throne or can I only see the other royal guards?)
DM: (You're in the foyer where the guards are. The throne room is through the archway, darkened.)
DM: (And they aren't Royal guards - just guards. You get the feeling that perhaps you are a member of an elite force.)
Kyle: points his head as he takes in all the sights of the white stone and ivy, he can't help but talk- "Wow, look at all that beautiful detail they put into this place, pretty huh? Looks like you even got yourself some other lookers, but no worries your with me. Well do or die." -Kyle heads for the throne room, not wanting to make anymore eye contact with the other group
DM: Your eyes take a moment to adjust to the dim interior of the throne room, but the faint light from some high curtained windows off on the left wall helps somewhat. They're almost fully closed, one or two letting in slits of light. You get the sense that the room is very empty, one shaft of light delicately touching on a simple yet beautifully carved white chair on a slight pedestal. The chair is crafted with similar skill to the carvings of the doorway and above the head of the throne, white antlers proudly stand tall as if growing from among the craved white flowers.
Kyle: (awareness to see if anyone is around?)
DM: Over the throne is draped a white fur blanket, but no Lady. No, instead she is sitting on the edge of the pedestal, her bare feet upon the floor. She is beautiful, her skin as white as the chair and her hair a very pale gold. She wears a flowing white dress but no crown or other ornate items of clothing. Judging by her pointed ears, she is an elf - standing, she would only be about five foot four.
DM: (There you go! Awareness to see if anyone else is around. Go!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: You think you hear something move in the shadows, but you're really not too sure. Whatever it was, it might have been the sound of armor shifting.
DM: The Lady has her eyes shut, long-nailed fingers softly massaging her temples as if to rub away a headache as she continues sitting on the pedestal the throne also rests on.
Kyle: whispers to Hyna letting her arms slide away- "Ahh good this doesn't look too formal... Just wait here incase I need a translator." -And with that Kyle was no more. - "Miss Naily Imirie, I presume? I have come barring a message." -he would say nothing else till spoken too, and hold the scroll out toward her general direction.
Kyle: (Kyle is not so good with elven names xD)
DM: The Lady blinks, opening her eyes to reveal violet depths. She looks at Kyle, then stands, gathering her skirts together so as to step off the pedestal and towards him. "You needn't presume. You're wearing the garb of one of my Royal Guards, we would have met before," she says, taking the scroll. She reads it, then stares at the wording before a funny smile crosses her face. "Ah... another ploy. He's trying to trick me." She looks up towards him. "Tell me, young human, who gave this and the cloak to you?"
Kyle joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM: (I'm not even too sure how to pronounce that one... XD)
DM: ((It translates to 'jewelled gull'))
Kyle: would gulp trying to not look nervous with his hand sweaty- "Well.. that went over like a fart in church.. I believe it was some half-elf of a tanner. He was too scared to take the chance to approach such a fine lady without being sure if the contents of the scroll were true. I was atleast called to arms for a militia last I remember and he saw it better fit if I took his place. I am greatly sorry miss." -he says with his eyes lowered a bit, and a small smirk (xD haha)
Kyle snaps his fingers trying to remember the guys name before looking to Hyna- "What was his name, I wasn't paying attention?"
Kyle: (Just wondering what I would have rolled if I could have bluffed)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Kyle: (Good thing.. honestly ya)
DM
"Ab-something," Hyna says. "I lost track too."
The Lady is quiet for a short moment, then hands him the scroll back. "A militia... strange. I would have heard if any militia force had entered my lands, but... heh, but these are not my lands!" She softly smiles before sitting back down on the pedestal, motioning the drow forward to join the conversation. "Forgive me for the darkness in here, but I have one of my terrible migraines. Tell me, what are your names? Neither of you live here... you would have known how to say my name properly." She allows Kyle the softest smirk.
DM: (Hah! Terrible bluff...)
DM: .
Kyle: puffs his chest out taking a stance almost and trying to look as charming as ever- "They call me Kyle.. The Duke of Jackals.. but it's more of a nickname kinda.. And this is my lovely translator Hyna. And that is true, I am just terrible with elven names.. So many darn odd letters." -Kyle just kinda stops looking around the room trying not to be awkward
Kyle: (Damn it! If I could have bluffed her, I was going to tell her I was a Duke froma far away land that saved her son.. >,< )
DM: (Heh heh!! Want to try a Bluff anyways? Make it seem as if she misheard?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: (it's not happening)
Kyle: (Damn all these pretty women distracting poor Kyle)
DM: (... yeah)
DM: (hehe!!)
DM: The Lady nods her head to them both, elegantly. "A drow in these lands is uncommon... but this is all uncommon. I suppose you both have had the same experience as everybody else? All your gold gone, memory bits missing? Reality even a little shifted?"
Kyle: rubs his chin a bit- "Hmm.. ya actually now that you mention it I do remember a killer bunny that tried to eat my group.. Plus I don't remember living near this many knifeys.. And yes.. My pockets are empty."
DM: "It was a chicken," Hyna says drily.
Kyle: slowly shakes his head- "No.. no no.. I'm sure it was a bunny."
DM: The Lady's eyebrow raises, but she doesn't ask any more on the matter - obviously the reports coming in have been odd enough in themselves. "Well, perhaps... you can help. Another reason I knew you were not one of my men is... I do not have a son any longer. He passed away from an illness only a month ago... or a month ago from the last memory I had. None of us know how much time has passed... but... hm." She seems to go off into thought.
DM: You think you hear that clink of armor again.
Kyle: TTYL cya
DM: (aw, bye)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 am by Kate Orchix

SESSION 3 - 15th October, 2012

Guilty: So, this is for shits and giggles, I take it?
Git: pretty much, what else would it be for?
Guilty: I unno
Git: It started with me and Kate running a short to pre her for when she DM with y ou guys, and we're bored.. Then Vex jumped in.
Git: prep*
Guilty: I'm always more of a plot person than just silly
Siara: I plan what out?
Git: I did beat the crap out of her NPC though! My Archer so badass he makes monks black and blue after fist fights
Siara: Most of the time I do my homework on Thursday and then just finish the scraps tonight
Guilty chuckles
Git: Each person finds what they want out of D&D, me I like the comedy and dungeon crawling.. also I like exploring and puzzles alot
Git: I went to grapple her monk, won two in a row.. then on the 3rd one I rolled a 2.. she rolled a 1 xD
Kate: I'M BACK!!@!!!!
Guilty: well, enjoy your game guys
Git: And after you win three grapple in a row you get to pin them for free, so I pinned her character monk as a archer
Git: cya
Kate: My poor monk... and Guilty, feel free to lurk and spy if you want to.
Git changed name to Kyle
Guilty: Not much point, really. I should watch my show or do some writing.
Guilty: Something mildly productive
Kate: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... Siara, want to do some catching up on Kyle and Hyna's part?
Kate: Heh, okay. Have fun!
Guilty: Here's hoping.
Guilty: enjoy your game
Siara: Oooookay
Kyle: (Don't worry I'll make this quick.)
Kate
DM: The Lady nods her head to them both, elegantly. "A drow in these lands is uncommon... but this is all uncommon. I suppose you both have had the same experience as everybody else? All your gold gone, memory bits missing? Reality even a little shifted?"
Kyle: rubs his chin a bit- "Hmm.. ya actually now that you mention it I do remember a killer bunny that tried to eat my group.. Plus I don't remember living near this many knifeys.. And yes.. My pockets are empty."
DM: "It was a chicken," Hyna says drily.
Kyle: slowly shakes his head- "No.. no no.. I'm sure it was a bunny."
DM: The Lady's eyebrow raises, but she doesn't ask any more on the matter - obviously the reports coming in have been odd enough in themselves. "Well, perhaps... you can help. Another reason I knew you were not one of my men is... I do not have a son any longer. He passed away from an illness only a month ago... or a month ago from the last memory I had. None of us know how much time has passed... but... hm." She seems to go off into thought.
DM: You think you hear that clink of armor again.
Kyle: holds his hand up and pointing his thumb over his right shoulder trying to get the queens attention- "Umm.. Miss Naily, do you happen to have other guards in this room, or am I about to have to dual a royal assassin? Cause I think someone else is in this room.. I mean, you hear that right Hyna?" -he looks over at her, ready to snatch his hatchet.
Kyle: (((Kyle: rubs his chin a bit- "Hmm.. ya actually now that you mention it I do remember a killer bunny that tried to eat my group.. Plus I don't remember living near this many knifeys.. And yes.. My pockets are empty." DM: "It was a chicken," Hyna says drily. Kyle: slowly shakes his head- "No.. no no.. I'm sure it was a bunny.")))
Kyle: (^^ Love that part fyi)
Siara: (Okay, so I got some time with Rooke, I think I'm caught up now)
Kyle: (Read that part.. it's funny or atleast to me)
Siara: (I did)
Siara: (You're still an ass)
Siara: (...an ass that Siara would still love to get HAHA I WIN)
Kyle: (I'm just never wrong not a ass, but seriously am I the only one who finds Kyle funny? I need to know!)
Kate
Hyna's ears twitch. "I keep forgetting you cannot see in the dark..." she murmurs, almost amused. "Funny creatures, humans..."
Heavy steps start crossing the distance from the shadows to the throne, and before long, a massive form steps out of the shade. He is broad, tall, and as he steps into the light, you see his impressive teeth and jutting lower jaw - a half-orc. He is decked out in a blue cloak very similar to your own, Kyle. You imagine him to be in his mid-twenties or so, garbed in half-plate armor that shines dully. Across his back, you can see an impressive battleaxe and a heavy crossbrow slung at his side.
"I also forgot," he says in a deep voice that seems to reverbrate through the throne room. "You are more likely to be the assassin than I am, Kyle, Duke of Jackals."
Kate: (Sorry, got stuck looking over this dude's CS...)
Kate: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/1...
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/138/b/1/Sir_Albert_Portrait_by_artbytravis.jpg
Siara: (Well, find a way to patch me back in at some point)
Kyle: (Come crashing into the window?)
Siara: (...how)
Kate: Rooke seems to herd Siara about the market stalls outside the city, looking at little knickknacks and odds-and-ends that the merchants sell. He stops occasionally to look a pieces of beaded jewellery or at hand-crafted wooden weapons. The stalls range from small weaponry, a baker's cart - selling fine pastries that stink the whole place up with their sweet aroma, several cheap jewellery stands, a weaver's stand, clothing merchant - the largest stall, and what you imagine to be a locksmith, but you're not too sure... this 'locksmith' has a horse carriage without horses, an old woman sitting on the steps of the carriage as she knits. A younger man stands at the door of the carriage, waiting for customers.
Kate: People, instead of trading coin, are now trading their own knickknacks that they find in their pockets or exchanging a hat or pair of shoes for something they greatly want.
Kate: (Siara, want to do some Awareness checks? Eavesdrop?)
Kyle: mimics the massive orcs steps bringing himself close enough to see himself. Kyle would nod rubbing his chin again looking him up and down- "I'm not sure.. I mean you got the cloak down, but do you think blue is really your color? I think a darker shade would do you better as a assassin. See and that is why I couldn't be a assassin I lack subtly, I couldn't stand being in that darkness all the time. Who then would talk to me.." -Kyle would say in is own little world, holding his hand out to measure the big lug- "But I got to say, your a big fella, some sort of super assassin maybe." (sorry couldn't help myself)
Kate: The half-orc stares levelly at Kyle for a long moment, his heavy brows burrowing for a moment before he makes a deep grunt in the back of his throat. He says nothing, dark eyes just boring into Kyle for a good long while. Her Ladyship speaks up instead. "Kyle... this is Captain Ozrael. As long as you wear that cloak, he is... your superior. But we will set rank aside for now while we sort out this crisis."
Kyle: (Kyle makes all the best friends! Now he just needs hugs)
Kate: (... Ozrael's great at hugs!!!)
Kyle {{...I think I can take him- Kyle says in his head }}
Kate changed name to DM
DM shakes Siara from his slumber!!!
DM: ^^
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (14)
Siara: (Sorry, distracted)
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM
Siara, as you move around with Rooke, you hear a few customers of the clothes' stand chattering together. Three women, all below thirty, above twenty years of age. They are murmuring quietly among themselves, but your sharp elf ears pick up on their words. The slimmest seems to be on about conspiracy theories. She is an elf. "... I reckon it's that orc... the half-something that he is. I imagine he has done all this! He seems the sort..."
The next, human, shakes her head. "What? Him? No... no, not him. He's a good man."
"She doesn't mean THAT half orc," the last says, a half-elf. "The other one with the funny lineage. The adopted one vying for Our Lady's daughter's attention. I just can't see why he'd do this. It doesn't seem to benefit him or anyone!"
Siara glances over at the group from the corner of his eye, unsure what to do with the information, but keeping it handy in case something comes up.
DM: Rooke takes a glance at Siara, then sighs. "Elf... Siara. Any suggestions as to what we do while we wait for Kyle?... or while we wait for his carcass to eventually be thrown out here?" He smirks a little - he was obviously impressed with the way Kyle manipulated the guards and took Hyna in with him, but he knew there would be consequences too.
Siara shrugs. "There's not really anything that I want to do except beat his brains out for making no effort to get us in with him."
DM
Kyle, Captain Ozrael eyes you for a moment longer, then shifts his attention to Hyna. His gaze is professional, especially for one of orc-blood, and he seems to evaluate her only for what she may or may not be able to do instead of checking her out like the guards in the foyer. He seems unimpressed, seeing no weapons at her sides and no armor, then turns to look at Kyle once more.
"You have the scent of a moose," he observes drily, voice grating against your ears. You can't help but think his voice is too deep and too rugged for a half-orc of his age - as soon as you think this, you note a ragged scar across the half-orc's jugular.
DM: Rooke smiles and shakes his head. "He's a funny boy, that's for sure. A ladies' man if I ever saw one, and a sweet-talker, I believe. He has a flair for the dramatic and colorful. Reminds me of my own boy a bit... except, mine is about ten years younger than Kyle. How about you, elf? Do you have a mate? Children?"
Siara shakes his head. "No children, and no mate. Not an official one, anyways. I was too busy studying to care about real love, so I settled for the occasional fling after a party when the stress ran high."
DM: "Eh, sounds like me," Rooke said. "I have three children - two little girls, one boy. It seems that any woman I simply touch ends up spewing out a child and saying it's mine! Heh..." He shakes his head and smiles. "They're good kids." He claps his hands together, almost as if to put a period on the end of that sentence, then points to the baker's stand. "Want something to eat? I think trading in my handaxe could get us a good sack of food..."
Kyle: (back catching up)
DM: (WB)
Siara shakes his head. "I'm not hungry, and you should keep your axe. We might need it."
DM: Rooke just laughs. He pats his sides, his hands touching the hilts of two weapons. "I have a handaxe, a mace, and my greatsword... one weapon given up in the name of a hungry stomach is no loss. But if you are not hungry, well... never mind then. We still have moose meat. I may find something in my pack and see if I can trade it for some salt." He moves off towards the baker's stall.
DM: (Awareness, Siara!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Siara: (15 and 19)
DM
Siara and Rai, as Rooke moves away, you see a slim woman pass you. She wears a huge, floppy hat that covers her face and a short black cape. Beneath the cape, you see she is wearing light leather armor over a deep pink/purle dress, and at her side, a longsword. Across her back is strapped a shortbow. Her hair is long and brown, reaching down her back to touch lightly at the small of her back. Her boots are muddy and wet as if she crossed the river recently.
As she passes you, aqua blue eyes peek out from under the hat to peer at you. She stops walking, glancing at Rooke's retreating form, then back to Siara.
Kyle: pops his vest out letting the cloak air out around him with a smile- "Ya I was going for something more nature like smelling, the ladies love it." -he says backing up with Hyna before looking back to the queen and Captain- "And might I add it's a honor to meet ya Captain Ozrael, and Miss Naily. So do you require my services or am I free to go my way now that you know the truth about me?"
Kyle: (Feel free to keep going on Siara PA I got caught with something at work, so that round took awhile)
Siara doesn't notice the female until Raiden stops and growls once at the female. Stopping and turning around, he notices the female, as well as her startling eyes. He looks her over once, spotting the mud on her boots. "Can we help you?"
Kyle: (Vex also tried Viktor in pvp, went 6/1/0 and that one death was the final team fight before my team gave up, otherwise I would have not died)
DM
Captain Ozrael glances towards Nalwi, raising an eyebrow inquisitively. Nalwi is silent a moment, then gives a graceful motion of her hand towards Kyle. "Perhaps... we could be of your services. We do not have anything to offer at this time in the way of gold, but if you successfully complete a task, I believe we would be able to come up with something worth your while."
Ozrael puts out a hand as if to halt Nalwi. "My Lady... surely you cannot be serious? This man and his translator are strangers here. I will not take them with me!"
"Ozrael, please be reasonable," Nalwi says softly. "Your men are scattered, many are no longer in the palace and I believe that this was done on purpose. HE wants us to be defenceless, to bask in his 'glory' or whatever it is that seems to strike his flair for the dramatic. You will need all the help you can get."
Ozrael seems grumpy at whatever is being proposed, but takes over quickly. "Duke of Jackals, I need proof that your blade is sharper than your honeyed words."
Siara: (Nicely done)
Kyle: (So much rage from there mid, saying Vik can't win a lane that well.. showed him)
Kyle: (Kate is there a window near by?)
DM
The woman eyes Siara a moment longer, then offers him a soft smile. "You are a stranger here," she notes easily. "And I saw you and your companion attempting to enter with the royal guard and the drow woman... he acted as if you were mere servants, but I think otherwise. He was attempting to smuggle himself inside the city... heh, clever guise with the cloak and all. Perhaps both you and your companion would like to accompany me inside?" she invites.
Her voice is young - you get the feeling maybe she is human judging by her pale, freckled skin and stature. Despite her human-like features, you feel... dirty in her presence. As if something dark is looming over you, greater than the mere woman that she is.
DM: (Row of high windows to your left as you enter the room, all along the left wall facing the ocean. Curtains are shut over them, allowing only slivers of light through. One sliver touches on the throne.)
DM: (I'll see if I can find you a picture.)
Kyle: crosses his arms taking a deep breath before raising a brow- "Words are sharper then any blade.. But if you wish proof name it. I had year of rough training from a guard or two, and come from a family of bowyers. Also I was the best shot in my village.." -he says smugly as any coky 17 year old boy would xD
Siara tilts his head, sensing something was off about the female. "Very acute of you, miss. You're not at all wrong about us. If you can get us into the castle though, it would be greatly appreciated. I have some choice words for our... companion."
Kyle: ((Just wanted to say, I love the term 'honeyed words"))
DM
"Well, if you can talk out of his ploy, I would be impressed, but I heavily doubt it," Ozrael says. He reaches over his shoulder and draws the massive battleaxe. "Draw a weapon of your choice, Duke of Jackals - I will not hit to kill, but you should. M'Lady, no objections to doing this right here, right now?"
"These floors have seen blood before," the Lady says. "But... ehh," she sighs, "I will let you do this Ozrael, to sate your own curiosity. This boy's earnestness would have been enough had I been in your place."
DM: ((I love it too. Sounds awesome in a dutch accent...))
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM
The girl nods slowly and watches as Rooke returns, triumphantly holding up a small pouch of salt. He isn't absent any of his weapons, so he must have been able to find something mildly useless. He pauses once he sees the girl, but she is already turning, motioning for Siara, Rai, and Rooke to follow. Rooke frowns and falls into step beside Siara. "All right," he whispers. "I thought that whole 'elven charm' thing was a lie... but you managed to chat up a girl in the short time I was gone? My faith has risen in you, Siara, risen indeed." He chuckles.
The girl leads them towards the guards, passing between them with complete ease. The guards move to halt Siara and Rooke, but the girl delicately turns. "They're with me," she says softly, and the guards allow them to pass through the arch into the city.
DM: (have you read the description I gave Kyle upon entering the city? If so, just insert that here. )
Siara grins to himself as they pass through, absorbing the sights. "Are elves normally not allowed in the city?"
DM: The girl snorts in a rather unladylike way, amused. "Everyone's allowed in normally... it's just this 'thing' that has happened which has everyone unnecessarily on guard." She glances over her shoulder at him, another smile passing her lips. You get the same feeling of being 'loomed over' by some dark force despite her innocent grin. "So the castle, eh? What, you guys assassins or something?" she giggles to herself, shaking her head, the floppy hair swishing everywhere.
Kyle: looks to Hyna reaching for his belt loop his hatchet, gripping it loosely and turning to Hyna- "Why does everyone want to fight me, am I that tough looking or something?" -Kyle looks at his farmers hatchet then to Ozrael battleaxe- "Bit of a size comparison, you trying to make up for something? Heh.. " -he says before jumping forward to close the gap (Melee attack!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle: (BAM )
Kyle rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (Got my CS on you Kate?)
DM: (Uhm, just a sec - GAH, totally mispselled!TGorhgo!)
Kyle: (18 Damage with the crit.. Handaxe are x3 crits!)
Kyle: (Kyle... being a boss...)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
DM: (How much damage am I taking, hm?)
Kyle: (18)
Siara grunts and scratches at his head, trying to cover the twinge of discomfort he felt. "Assassins? No... But I might kill the hume boy when we get in, does that count?" Looking around, he moves closer to the female. "Would the 'event' have anything to do with a mass memory wipe?"
DM: Ozrael takes the blow, grunting and shaking his head before swinging his battleaxe around at Kyle's midsection. "It isn't as large as my father's battleaxe, so just be thankful, little human."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM: (whoo!)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (Don't care.. still won in my mind)
DM: (9 - can you do the math for me? Sorry! XD Juggling something at the same time)
Kyle: (what math?)
DM: The girl chuckles. "The memory wipe? And the reality being warped? The landscape changing, people losing their jobs and finding out they're pigfarmers instead of clerks? Oh, yeah... everyone's kinda noticed." She leads him up the stairs into the foyer, past the guards there, and into the dim interior of the throne room. You can clearly see the massive half-orc and Kyle going at it. "Ah... no need for you to try killing him, it'd seem. Ozrael will do a good job of it, I'm sure." The girl gives you a playful, cheeky smirk before shaking her head and folding her arms across her chest, content to watch the fight.
DM: (No math? Oh, cool. Sorry... XD)
Kyle: luckily blow manage to not fell the large captain, but that wasn't going to stop him. After taking that leap for that one hit-wonder it left him unguarded and made him catch the back-side of the axe almost knocking the breath completely out of his lungs. (swinging back!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (20 to hit?)
Kyle rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (You hit)
Kyle: (9 more damage xD)
Kyle: (rolled max damage xD Haha, Kyle may win at this rate!)
DM: The half-orc shakes his head and comes in for another attack, his axe swinging violently through the air.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (hm, no hit)
Kyle: after wacking Captin Oz helm again he laughs a bit- "Oh whats wrong Cap? I think your losing your cool.. the trick is, to stay level.." -he says ducking the axe and coming up with another blow (melee!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (11 damn)
DM: (Miss!)
Kyle is too busy laughing
Kyle: (I've done 27 damage with a hatchet vrs a captain of the guard)
DM: "Another trick, boy, is to keep your own head about you," Ozrael says calmly - for an orc-blood, at least. "Giggling isn't going to help you."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
DM: (Oh, damn...)
DM: (... maybe I didn't make him high-level enough... XD!!!)
Kyle: swings back quickly trying to take advantage of the captains ego- "Yup.. My old man taught me that too!"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (Two 7 in a row fuk)
Siara blinks, curious as to what the girl meant by that, then sees Kyle fighting someone. He reaches to his hip, drawing his sword just slightly. "No one gets to kill the hume but me."
DM: "Oh, relax," the girl says. Her hand swats out and lightly touches your sword hand. As she touches you, a hot clamminess crawls over your skin - the looming feeling TOUCHING you like a blanket before she drops her hand to her side again. "He'll just be toying. He always is."
Kyle: (Hey 17 year old boy with a hatchet as a weapon vrs a fully armed captain of the royal guard in platemail, and part orc.. I think Kyle is doing great.)
DM: The Captain of the guard swings his battleaxe again. "I believe that if you do pass this test, your future opponents will enjoy bantering back and forwards with you while you exchange blows... personally, you talk too much for my taste."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM: (He hits.)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (does he?)
Kyle: (I got a 18 AC )
DM: (... he has a big bonus. I feel dirty saying this and I don't know why.)
DM: (9 dam)
Siara jumps backwards as if burned by her touch, looking at the girl in surprise. He doesn't take his hand off his sword, uncomforted by her words, or indeed by her presence.
Kyle: ducks and tumbles to the side throwing his hatchet to his off-hand ready to jump at the chance he gets keeping his eyes locked on that great axe. He lungs breathing heavy as he looks over Ozrael shoulder and makes eye contact with Siara- "Siara? Off~."- he says as the captain rams the head of the axe into Kyle gut
Kyle: (Weeeeeeeee~ Sleepy time for Kyle.. Oz is lucky I would have killed a lesser man!)
DM: (... he's down? Heh...)
Kyle: (I'm level 1! I got 11 hp)
Siara widens his eyes in surprise, then glares at Kyle, pulling his sword out fully. "Oh that is IT. Let me kill him now."
DM
Ozrael watches as Kyle slumps to the floor, but he doesn't seem to recognize the boy as unconscious, stepping over him and bringing his hand down to grab Kyle up in a one-handed grapple... which is not resisted. The girl at Siara's side sighs and steps out. "Ozrael... come on! He's down. You can't bash a guy when he's down!"
"Doesn't stop you," Ozrael says with a smirk. He drops Kyle unceremoniously on the floor and turns to face the Lady... and finds himself instead being offered a palm by Hyna. He hits it in a sort of hi-five and Hyna smirks. Rooke puts a restraining hand on Siara's shoulder. "It was a training run, see? He's still breathing... we should get him some help though... despite how much you'd like to kill him."
DM
The Lady glances at Siara and Rooke, frowning before looking at the girl. "Did you bring them in? For what purpose?"
"They were with him," the girl says, pointing to Kyle's unconscious form. "Adventuring party, I'd reckon. Uh... we gonna leave him there like that?"
Kyle: ( DON'T TOUCH ME KNIFE EARS >,< )
DM: The Lady shakes her head and looks at Siara. "Please step forward... what is your name?" Rooke lingers back, behind Siara, wondering if Kyle has placed THEM in trouble too.
DM: (MWAHAHAHAA!!!)
DM: The girl watches from beneath the brim of her hat. Ozrael keeps his greataxe out while Siara's weapon is still drawn.
Siara slowly advances on the male holding Kyle, prepared to attack or defend as necessary, building a magic charge in his left hand. He stops his advance when he hears the other female speak and looks over to her, still keeping a wary eye on the male. "Siara, from the Clan of Woe. That... boy, is one of my traveling companions."
Kyle: (I'm a man damn it! how much hp did Oz have huh? )
DM
Ozrael looks at the boy that he drops to his feet rather unceremoniously. "Well, then, perhaps you're going the same place that he is! Care to through that charge at me, elf?" He gives a toothy, almost inviting grin... inviting if he did not have a bit of Kyle's spittle on his chin from when he smacked him in the gut.
The Lady lifts her hand. "Enough now, Captain. Siara, from the Clan of Woe, I am Nalwi. This is Captain Ozrael, my second in command, and you have already met my daughter, it would seem."
"Hi," the girl says, flicking her fingers in what appears to be a wave.
Hyna is standing in the middle of this with a smug grin on her face. She liked seeing Kyle beaten down.
DM: (*coughs* Am I allowed to tell you that...?*coughs*)
Kyle: (Yes and no. >,> )
DM: (I'll just say... you got past the half-way point through his hp. *clams mouth shut*)
Kyle: (Round!)
DM: (Quick Siara! Go stomp on Kyle while he's gone! )
Siara: (How much damage did he take?)
DM: (Unlethal - until he hit 0)
Siara: (So Kyle took no damage, doesn't need healing then)
DM: (Nup. You CAN heal nonlethal damage, but it'll regenerate on its own.)
Siara nods, then looks back to Ozrael, his lips curling into a snarl as Raiden pads up beside him. "Do not tempt me, hume..." He holds the sword out as a guard as he finishes his advance, then crouches down beside Kyle while Raiden growls at Ozrael. Laying his charged hand lightly on Kyle's chest, soft waves of light pulse over his body as he checks for injuries. Finding none that require real attention, he waves his hand to dispel the magic, then stands. "Dare I ask the meaning of this?"
DM: (brb)
Siara: (No rush)
Kyle: (He's a half-orc not a human Vex!)
Kyle: (Also I feel the need to yell when my character is asleep!)
Siara: (I'll pretend that he looks hume)
DM: (Hey, guys, what's the time for you both, and how many hours do you have left in you?)
DM: (I glanced at the sun and my eyes have gone crazy. Just need to give them a bit more of a rest.)
DM: (still on a brb)
Siara: (11:15 here, 1:15 for Kitt. I'm still going strong)
Kyle: (I'm force to stay strong, I got work still for another 6 hours)
Siara: (And then there's that)
Siara: (PFFT)
Siara: (Freaked my mom out with this poem I wrote xD)
DM: (back. It's a migraine)
DM: (Ahh... dimmed the screen. Much better. Can read!)
Siara: (Fog for a sec, if you please xD)
DM
The Elven Lady sighs and touches a hand to her brown. "Ozrael... it was your idea, so you explain yourself."
Ozrael looks at Siara for a moment, then puts his battleaxe away. He obviously doesn't percieve Siara as a threat. "I wanted to judge your companion's combat skill. For his age, it really isn't that bad, so I am impressed. The reason I was judging him was that her Ladyship offered him a job... one under my command. Perhaps if he accepts, you might also? What are you? A cleric?"
DM: (ok)
DM: Hyna steps over Kyle and back to Rooke and Siara, standing beside them quietly as she waits for the next thing to happen. Her smug smirk is still plastered across her face as she looks at Kyle's prone body.
Siara listens to the explanation, still tense. On hearing about the job, he relaxes slightly, lowering his blade. "Druid. Why?"
Kyle: (Can I go to FoG?)
DM: (Yup!)
Siara: (Yeah, was sharing my poem)
DM
"I'll soon be off to track down the creature who caused so great a disruption. He did this once before on a smaller scale, we believe - just the memory side of things. We didn't officially charge him, nor could we prove it was him, but... but now, we believe we have enough evidence. If it is not him, it is someone like him with his level of power," Ozrael says. "We have no real... evidence of where he might be, but we have to assume he will be within the kingdom of Elmrock somewhere."
The girl moves to the Lady and sits down next to her. Her Ladyship gently wraps an arm around her daughter and presses a motherly kiss to the side of the girl's face - strangely obstructed by the hat. The girl makes a bit of a face, but accepts the hug and peck.
DM: (I've never had a migraine before! Now I know why Vex couldn't concentrate! XD)
Siara: (Nasty things)
Siara nods. "And you're putting together a party."
DM: You can see there are very few features the mother and daughter share alike. The Lady is white, her daughter has more natural human-looking hues to her skin and hair. Only the bright aqua eyes made her different... and maybe the huge floppy hat that no sane person would wear.
DM: "In a way," Ozrael says. "Like Her Ladyship said earlier to this boy, I am short on men. Most have disappeared or are out in the land, unreachable at this time. I would not be personally dealing with you... you'd be doing the investigation yourselves. I need to stay here and protect the Lady."
Siara sighs and scratches at his head. "I guess we might as well go along with it... Not like we have any other leads"
Siara "IF the others agree to it as well."
Kyle: even while knocked out can be heard muttering a bit in his sleep, faintly at least- "Mhmm.. ..Hyna, why are you my..t..ent.." -he says dreaming with a weak smile
Kyle: (I will make that women hate me till the end.)
DM: Ozrael frowns a bit as Hyna steps forward towards Kyle. He watches as she swings back her leg to kick him, then bursts into low, rattling laughter before placing a hand on her shoulder and gently pushing her away. "Hyna, I take it? Don't listen to him... at his age, the imagination is a wild and unpredictable thing. At your age, miss, you should know you are above being teased by a youngling such as himself."
DM: Rooke just smirks. He taps Siara on the shoulder before murmuring quietly. "You seem to be doing all the talking... maybe we should find somewhere for Kyle to recuperate before Hyna kills him?"
DM: (... I like Kyle.)
Kyle: (wait.. did I get kicked?)
DM: (Almost! Ozrael saved you from it)
Kyle: (..damn..)
DM: (Wait, did you want to be kicked?)
Kyle: (I wanted to get kicked)
DM: (... why on earth!?)
Siara: (Foot fetish.)
DM: (...)
Kyle: ((moves lightly when he kicked all but dead weight making him cough a bit- "Ouff.. Hy..na.. not so hard.. we just met.."))
DM: (... DO EET)
DM: (You got kicked. Ozrael didn't save you. He saved you from a second kick!)
Kyle: (Muhahah, even passed out I can still roleplay. And if you want that, to be posted IC there.. it's right there. I don't need to repost it.)
Kyle: (Vex you going to be awake when I get home you think? Or do you have school and stuff?)
Siara: (I have school, but I can still play)
Kyle: (Little known fact Viktor Ult lvl 3.. 1050 Damage + 2.3 Scaling. O,O)
Kyle: (And that's AoE damage with a .5 silence at the start)
Siara lets out an exasperated sigh and shrug. "Might as well. He doesn't have any serious injuries, just knocked out."
DM
Hyna glares down at Kyle, fists tightly clenching. Ozrael chuckles darkly. The Lady gently releases her daughter from the hug. "Here, Tindo, see that he has a room, will you? All of them, actually, seeing as half the servant force has disappeared..."
The girl stands, moving towards Kyle and looking down at him. She glances over him, then frowns. "Y'know, Ma, I can't lift him on my own..." She glances at the others, then motions invitingly towards Siara. "Help me, will you? I can answer any questions you have about my mother's quest she is offering to you."
Kyle: (I look forward to roleplaying this character with Cauta, she's going to hate me.)
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM
The Lady puts up a hand as Hyna moves to help the girl. "Please, Drow... Hyna. I have offer of another job for you. You do speak Undercommon and Drow Sign Language, do you not?"
Hyna frowns. "Why would you need a translator right now of all times, m'Lady?"
"We had a population of Drows living among us, but they had a translator... someone found his body in the river last night. Perhaps you could replace him? They speak no elvish or common, sadly."
Hyna makes a face, obviously preferring to go with the others, but shrugs. "All right, I will stay here and help... heh, actually..." She switches to Elvish. "It would be highly appreciated."
Siara looks around the room, then leans down to pick up Kyle. "I don't have any questions to answer right now, actually. Just need to find out what happened, then I can return to my own quest."
Kyle: (Net die Kate?)
DM
The girl nods, seeing that Siara has Kyle well-balanced in his arms. "Follow me then," she says softly. She leads him towards the shadows, her fingers reaching back to touch his arm and guide him - the same dark feeling washes over you, but this time it isn't so clammy, just dark and uncomfortably personal. You get the vague impression that you pass through an archway out of the throne room and enter into a hallway. The hallway is lit by goat horn scones, each held in the gentle clasp of carved wooden flowers. It seems to be a soft, subtle theme throughout the whole Keep.
Your boots tap against the marble floor as the girl leads you. The hall is lined with doors off to other rooms, but she takes you to the very end and up a flight of marble stairs to the left (you assume this goes up behind the throne room). They reach another hallway and the girl tugs on your sleeve until you reach the end of it - to turn right. You find yourself in a brilliantly-lit hallway, wider than the past ones and lined with chairs and small tables as if it were a relaxed cafeteria area. The windows' curtains were drawn aside to let in the brilliant view of the blue, blue ocean and the waves crashing on the white stones below the castle. It was quite a magnificent sight.
To your right, opposite the windows, were more doors. She leads you along to the fifth before opening it for you. "Each of these rooms are for guests - you may have the next one along for the duration of your stay here." As you enter into the room, you are overwhelmed by the luxury of this place. The floor is marble, but carpeted in rich black and white rugs, the ceiling adorned with more white antler chandeliers, and the walls draped with extravagant paintings of the ocean, forest, and the odd portrait.
There is a four-poster bed, wide and long, obviously made to accomodate any sort of creature that laid upon it, and draped with cream sheets, dark red blankets, and more furs. There were no windows in the room, but it was lit by a fireplace on the opposite side of the room from the door. A large wardrobe rested in the corner of the room, a desk in another corner.
Siara: (WALL OF TEXT)
DM: (No, just writing a huge post. )
Siara runs from the wall of words
DM: (Do NOT mention the internet again...)
Kyle: (??)
DM: (It died on me. I'm using the stick.)
Kyle: (Why? The net go down again?)
DM: (Yup.)
DM: (READ THE TEXT WALL! MWAHAHAHA! I love being DM.)
Siara: (w)
Siara walks in silence, stunned by the beauty of the castle. He carries Kyle into the bedroom and lays him lightly on the bed, brushing a few strands of hair off his face before heading out and entering the next room over.
DM: It is much the same, the only real difference being the paintings - none are the same from room-to-room.
Siara: (Good, that would mean they bought a much of fakes xD)
DM: The girl doesn't follow Siara, instead staying in Kyle's room. She eyes the door for a moment, then sits down next to Kyle on the bed and prods his face with her finger. "Ozrael knocked you out good..." she murmurs with a smirk before reaching for her belt. She takes a small vial and places it in Kyle's hand for when he wakes up.
DM: (We're talking quality here! )
DM: (just gonna test and see if 'net is back. brb)
DM: (Testing, testing...)
DM: (AM I HERE!?)
Siara: (No. Try again. xD)
DM: (AM I HERE!!?!?!>?!?}>>!>>@!??!?)
Siara: (Kay fine you're here)
DM: (Yay!)
DM: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46...
https://2img.net/h/i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/Kotorchix/elmrockkeep.png
Kyle: would awake feeling the warm sensation of Hyna's touch rubbing his face as she slowly passed out from exhustion. Kyle standing six foot tall as he stretches, rubbing his perfect fit abs and noticing Hyna barely covered in silk bedding. His room was huge and littered with trophy's from several beheaded monsters all slain by him single handedly. Stepping around the cold stone floor that was once his tent he approach the large wooded door as it opened with just a thought from him. Outside was a courtyard garden filled with several scantly clothed women playing in a large fountain that was placed in the center, all giggling and smashing. When sudden he became attack by the hordes of fans that appeared chanting his name with each step.- "Duke, DUKE, DUKE!" -Kyle held his hand high nodding along with there chants as the crowd fell silent- "Ya! Don't worry ladies the main man is here, there isn't anything I can't slay." -he said as his courtyard fountain came under siege from a dragon landing on it roaring and snapping at the all the different beautiful women. But none scattered they just all froze looking back to Kyle, as his arms drew back a invisible bow and released a golden arrow causing the great beast to explode the instant it connected. Sending a shower of gold coins over the crowd as he raised his arms and they cheered again- "Duke, DUKE! DUKE! WAKE UP!" -as Kyle eyes opened awaking him from his peaceful dream. It took a moment as he gathered himself looking about and feeling the bedding under him and a sore spot on his chest- "Wow.. where am I now?"
Kyle: (Wall of terrible text with grammar errors!)
DM: (Hehe heh! Poor Duke... just a dream!)
Kyle: (I was bored being a sleep so I wrote stuff..)
DM: The girl is still in his room, having stood to move outside. She stops by the door and looks at him for a moment with her dreadful floppy hat covering one eyes. "Still in Elmrock Keep... your friend helped me bring you up here to rest up from Ozrael beating your butt." She grinned. "Your girlfriend was about to go to town on you too..."
DM: You find a vial in your hand.
Kyle: quickly finds himself running his hand threw his hair backward before leaning back with a smirk- "Pff~ Hyna wishes she was with me.. And that old toad just got lucky.. Heck, I could have dropped him in a instant if I didn't get lost in your eyes in the middle of that fight... but it's for the best, I wouldn't feel right hurting a old man, no fun in that." -he would then hold of the vial shaking it back and forth with a eyebrow raised and devilish grin- "Hmm, and what's this? You trying to get me to drink your love potion too?"
Kyle: (( Thoughts on the dream Vex and Kate? xD))
DM: ((... typical Duke dream!))
Kyle: (What the man knows what he likes. Money, women, and fame.)
Siara: (Sounds like you)
Kyle: (Pff~ You can't mean that Vex. I'm hardly anything like that.)
Siara: (But you do like money and women.)
Kyle: (What man doesn't that isn't gay?)
DM: The girl is quiet for a moment, blinking at him, but then a wide grin crosses her face. "Ozrael is only 24 winters... not too much older than yourself, I would think!" She tilts her head, the horrible hat flopping a bit more as she turns to face him a little better. "But he is one of the best fighters in Elmrock Keep... I can never best him in a fight." She steps towards him then leans against one of the posts of the bed. "And that, 'Duke of Kyle', or whatever you call yourself, is indeed a love potion. Come on, drink up." She has a playful smile on her face.
Kyle: (Siara you should say more, I don't want to be the main character you do it!)
DM: (You do need to say more! I feel like I'm giving Kyle all the attention - I need you to do something so I can do something at this point, though!)
Kyle: (Sense Motive!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle: (11!)
Siara: (What do you want me to do? I'm not in the room)
DM: You really aren't sure what she wants, if she's joking about the vial, or if she's being quite serious. Her whole stature is hard to analyze... from her youthful face and the one eye that you can see, you figure she really can't be much older than you. You do not know of her relation to Her Ladyship.
DM: (Ehh, there's stuff in the room to look at and stuff!)
Kyle: doesn't even flinch throwing the vial back in one quick motion, then rolls his tongue about- "I doubt a luv like yourself needs a love potion to use those deadly.." -he pauses giving her a look up and down- "Assets..Mmm.. taste fruity.."
DM: All the furniture is carved from white wood, everything decorated with those pretty little flower carvings. The white antlers seem to be a bit of a theme too, crowning the top of the wardrobe. The desk has two drawers in it, the wardrobe has two tall doors and a drawer at the bottom. The fireplace is made of white stone, the mantlepiece carved from white wood.
Kyle: (Search all the THINGS!)
DM: Kyle, the pain in your beaten body seems to fade away until you feel completely rejuvenated. The girl just keeps smirking at you playfully, obviously not too worried with your strange, flirtatious nature. "Like it? I think that's from dragon fruit."
DM: (there are no fires in the fireplaces, I might add! 'Cause that'd just be stupid to leave them unattended in the guest rooms! XD)
Siara sits on his bed, drawing lazy images with green wisps of magic while Raiden gnaws happily on his bone. "Nothing to do until Kyle wakes up... Hey Raiden, would you be a dear and go see if he's awake yet?" He watches Raiden nod and pick up his bone before walking out, then going back to tracing shapes with his magic.
Kyle: would touch his chest with a look of abeyance for a moment before hopping out of bed groaning a bit- "Yea, I think your potion work though.. I can seem to take my eyes off you now. Is there a cure?" -he said cracking his next starting at her still with a single step closer
Kyle: (You got to stop putting women in front of Kyle or I'm going to be doing this all night xD)
Siara: (An opening!)
DM: (I WAS wondering if HE had a cure! XD SIARA TO THE RESCUE!)
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden pads over towards the next room, peering in almost hesitantly. Seeing Kyle awake, he barks sharply to alert Siara.
Kyle: walks closer resting with a arm propped up on one post, his gaze locked in her eyes- "Or am I just going to have to let this run it's course?" -he would jump slightly as Raiden yelp
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: The girl keeps her smirk, also jumping slightly at the dog's bark. She turns her head to look at the dog, glances back at Kyle, grins, then turns her back and moves towards the dog. She crouches beside him and gently pats him. "Good boy," she tells him, scratching behind his ears.
DM: She obviously isn't uncomfortable in Kyle's presence, but you can't be certain she's enjoying his flirting or is just easily shrugging it off.
Raiden is conflicted, wanting to be rubbed behind his ears but not by hands that feel so strange.
DM: The dark, loomy feeling eventually fades the more Raiden is exposed to it, but he would still feel like he needs to check behind to make no monsters are sneaking up on him.
Siara slides off the bed and onto his feet, hearing Raiden's call. He waves the wisps away and moves to the next room, mixed emotions going through his mind - relief that Kyle's okay, disappointment that he's flirting once again. "...good to see you're back to your usual self."
Kyle: shrugs motioning to the completely white room and amazing theme then back to the women- "What, can you blame me? I thought I might got a early ticket to heaven.. I mean I did wake up with a angel on my bed."
DM: The girl throws a glance over her shoulder from where she is rubbing Raiden's ears. She smirks at Kyle. "Just for the record... you were murmuring things about Hyna while you were unconscious. A bit creepy, y'know..." Even though you can only see one eye, you get the impression she just winked at you.
Raiden shrugs. "Creepy is what he does best, apparently." He looks to Kyle. "Are you going to take the job?"
Raiden: (FFF not again)
DM: ((HAha!!)
Raiden: (I should just make Raiden an anthro so this is justified if it happens again x.x)
Siara shrugs. "Creepy is what he does best, apparently." He looks to Kyle. "Are you going to take the job?"
DM: .
Kyle: is still looking around the room and whistles- "Damn.. this place is set up.." -he doubles back at Siara comment- "What job? Wait.. Did I pass, ahh nevermind don't anwser that. Of course I did.. I'm not sure what is the job, did we foundout why this place is full of mind-less zombies yet?"
DM: The girl is still making a fuss of Raiden, scratching behind his ears and rubbing at his neck and shoulders. She obviously likes dogs, remaining silent as she keeps her smirk plastered beneath the terrible hat.
Raiden practically groans in delight at the attention
Siara grins softly. "Well, Raiden likes you, you can't be all bad. And no, we haven't found out, that's what the job is - officially investigating the occurrence."
Kyle: ((Be honest is Kyle coming off too much of a smartass? Or just the right blend of things?>))
DM: ((I know a guy who is a smartass. He doesn't have the charm to pull it off nicely. Kyle does.))
DM: "I'm only half-bad," the girl says, continuing to spoil Raiden silly. She sits down on the floor next to him, her cape spreading over her shoulders as she rubs at his chest too.
Siara: (Eh, there's something about him that makes it decently okay)
DM: (People still want to punch him though!)
Kyle: sits down on the foot of the bed rubbing his head- "Well that isn't very detailed, ya got to have more then that. Or are we just enjoying a free room and nice rest before they try and ship us off again on a wild goose chase? I mean.. I'm fine with it, as long as it isn't a sausage fest. Oh I bet they have hot bath here like they use to talk about!"
Siara: (Decently okay, not perfectly)
Kyle: (Well I'm trying to roleplay as if you grew up in a old day farmer village almost. Kyle shouldn't have much in the way of manners.)
DM: The girl stops patting the dog, spinning about on her backside on the marble floor to face Kyle, her legs crossed. "Well, actually... not so much a wild goose chase as you would think. We know who we're meant to be-... who you guys are meant to be looking for, just not exactly sure where you're meant to find him... I doubt my mother actually expects the two of you to fight him or anything, more of a... scouting expedition."
Siara looks slightly to the side. "Only scouting?"
Kyle: (Kyle joined the militia as a way out of a boring life, he didn't get far though as this happen and all. Maybe 7 months in a camp)
DM: The girl gives a shrug of her shoulders and tugs off her hat to scratch at the top of her head - instantly, the two of you see why she was wearing a hat - she has golden horns growing from her temples. "Yeah, scouting's fun, isn't it? Though, I'm sure that if you really wanted to, you could try attacking him when you find him, but that might not go down too well... he's all into the heavy arcane, necromancy, a bit of nature magic... ehh, I don't think Ozrael could even strike him down on his own with all that..." She replaces the hat, pulling it down on her head a bit so it will stay on.
DM: (That makes sense. )
DM: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/1...
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/166/d/c/eggs_by_janaschi.jpg
Siara narrows his eyes slightly as he sees the strange horns, then looks away. "I'm a druid, nature is my specialty. Worst case scanario, I'll be able to keep his magic busy by using my own."
Kyle: stands up snatching his bag and going through some thing, counting arrows and such, then grabbing his bow and pulling the string back once and letting it go- "Seriously?! Scouting, what does this kingdom think I am? I'm no scout, how am I suppose to 'scout' and bring something home? Can't get the girls with stories of scouting ahh.. Surely they have a mission much better then that." -he stops hearing her mention magic and he lowers the bow to look at her- "Magic? Heh.. it's going to take more then some fairy dust and rotten gramas to stop me.. Plu.." -he stops mid sentence, kneeling down to get close to her face noticing the horns- "Question.. You never did say if there was hot baths here, is there?" -he can't help but smile- "Called it.. by the way."
DM
The girl just smirks at him before offering him her hand as if asking for help standing up from the floor. "Yeah, there are hot baths. Depends on if you want it private, or public... private, next door at the end of the hall, public, down the hall, down the stairs, take a left through the door at the end of THAT hall, wander along until you reach a door at the end of that hall, enter, and you're in a big heated pool area."
She tilts her head, still smirking. "And you knew nothing! I could have been an elf for all you knew!"
DM: (Sorry, didn't see Siara's post there!)
DM: "Also... he's not really... normal. Even if you take out his magic, he could still beat the snot out of the two of you with one hand while recovering his magic with the other."
Kyle: smirks helping her up by the hand- "Oh you think that Angel, but I can tell.." -he says taking little time to throw off his chain shirt and cloak atleast and partly unbutton his shirt looking at Siara and her.- "What, seriously I've been wanting a bath bad.. And I never had a hot one before.."
Siara crosses his arms, deep in thought. "By the time we find him, I might be able to do more than block his magic..."
DM: As you touch her hand, an unpleasant dark feeling looms up over you. You start to feel as if something big and monstrous is watching you.
Kyle: (Kyle did not pick up on the one hint that she is a princess, also he has no shame!)
DM: (She just finds him funny for his attitude and shamelessness, so she's going with the flow. )
Kyle: (Awkward time!)
DM: "Maybe," the girl says. She frowns a little. "You two really aren't content to just... scout, are you?"
DM: (.. he won't, will he!?)
DM: (SIARA! HIDE YOUR YOUNG, INNOCENT EYES!!!)
Kyle: finishes throwing his gear on the bed letting her hand slip of his own- "I didn't take time to come here to see the landscape.. So you two joining me for a quick bath could be fun? I bet we could even get some wine."
Kyle: (No he won't but he will invite a gay man to bath with him, not knowing xD)
DM: The girl is quiet for a moment, her smirk turning rather ridiculous. A short laugh stutters out of her and she looks away. "As much as I would love to have a bath right now, I will have to decline..."
Kyle: (Vex died or is about to attack with a wall of text)
DM: (O.O)
Kyle: (Also my boss will be showing up for work early again, so I'll have to leave early around.. 5:30 am ish)
Siara: (Sorry, long post elsewhere)
DM: (Aww)
DM: (QUICK! POSTING JAM! WEE!)
Raiden hears the word bath"
Raiden: and hides behind Siara
Raiden: (great, accidentally hit enter)
Siara shrugs once more. "I think I will pass. HE, on the other hand..." He looks down at Raiden. "Yeah, you. You know you need one."
Kyle: shrugs heading off in the direction of private baths- "Aww oh well, your missing out Angel. Maybe next time.. In that case I'm heading for my own Kyle time.." -he starts passing by them and disappears for a moment, before poking his head back in- "Angel you think you could atlteast maybe bring me some wine.. I would be so grateful if so.."
Kyle: (You should so wash that dog, and make him super fluffy and give him a hair cut!)
DM: The girl looks at him for a moment, smirks, then rolls her eyes playfully. "I'll see if I can find something... just make sure you're covered when I bring it back, okay? You're drinking on your own, and I don't want to see anything!" She steps towards the door, brushing past him and heading off down the hallway.
DM: (She's totally got a hidden agenda, I swear!)
Kyle: after the girl leaves he holds his hand up for a high-five to Siara- "Heck ya.. this place is getting better and better! You sure you don't want me to back, cause I don't want to be the one to stop chasing her.. Ya know, if your interested." -Kyle says trying to be a nice guy the elf for once
Kyle: (Also Vex this came to mind when I thought of Siara even though it's wrong http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/2...
DM: (broken link)
Siara: (That's not too far off of what I had in mind...)
DM: (ah, got it)
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/288/f/5/custom_adopt_god_of_life_by_shrimpheby-d5hyc26.png
Kyle: (rOUND)
Kyle: (Feel free to do a time skip if ya'll want)
DM: (ok)
Siara rolls his eyes, but claps his hand against Kyle's all the same.
DM: (Y'know, you guys really don't ask many questions... XD)
Siara "I'm quite sure that you needn't worry about me..."
Siara: (We just go with what we're dealt most of the time. :I)
DM: Soft steps echo through the hall. Hyna approaches and leans on the doorframe so she can eye both Siara and Kyle. "I will be staying here," she says firmly. "Despite how much I would just *love* to come along and listen to all of Kyle's chatter, I really can't. I have some drow chatter to listen to. Rooke asked me to tell you guys that he might be staying here until you two have figured out what's going on... I think he has a thing for the Lady. Might end poorly for him." She smirks snidely.
Raiden rolls his eyes again, facepalming. "Greeeeeeeat..."
DM: (MWAHAHA!)
DM: (Hyna: "THE DOG TALKS!!!")
Raiden: Kay, screw this x.x)
DM: (Raiden is gonna log off? Nuuuuu!!!)
Siara rolls his eyes, ending the motion with a facepalm. "That's just woooonderful."
Siara: (I'm already pushing it by giving the dog magic, I doubt you'd spring for an anthro too >x> )
DM: (Nah, not really. )
DM: (Something pretty major would have to happen, and even then, he'd be like a secondary character.)
Kyle: frowns a takes a single step forward, grasping Hyna hand with both of his own and face full of sorrow then would let a heavy sigh escape- "I guess somethings are just not meant to happen.. I will never forget you.. H.. Hyna.." -Kyle face changes in a instant as he spins a 160 and starts heading back to the baths- "Ho ya! Free hot baths and wine!" -you can hear his voice cheerful as ever echoing as he gets farther away
DM: Hyna watches him go, then shakes her hand as if it were touched by something dirty. She looks to Siara and smirks. "Let's just hope he doesn't have any more creepy dreams about me. Farewell, Siara. I hope that if our paths do meet again, they will be under less confusing circumstances."
Kyle: (I have a feeling GC wouldn't like me in the party xD)
Kyle: (I'm like a Richtor but with more plot trouble making then combat and longer post hah)
DM: The bathroom at the end of the hall is separated from the cafeteria-esque hallway by a white, ornate door. It's handle is silver, and as you enter the room, you are assailed by the scents of fragrant soaps - lavender, rose, and other herbs and flowers. You don't quite feel like sneezing, but the scent does stun you a little. (Figuratively.) The floor is marble, and a bath tub is situated in the middle of the room - marble like the floor and build up as if carved from the floor itself (it does not sink 'underfloor' though). There are windows to your left as you enter the room, letting you see the ocean from anywhere in the room. Two water taps are built into the bath.
DM: (I dunno... Cauta certainly wouldn't!)
Kyle is not going into detail but certainly starts the water and bathing!
Kyle: (Hey Vex what has you so distracted? I'm curious)
DM: On the right side of the room is a large vanity with a mirror and it reflects the ocean. On this vanity are all the soaps and scented herbs. To the left of the vanity is your typical toilet, to the right, your typical sink. Both made from marble and very clean.
Siara: (Believe it or not, teaching Lar how to jungle...)
DM: (I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!)
Kyle: takes his time sniffing the different soaps for less then 15 seconds and just grabbing one, he doesn't even feel he would need this but he's going milk the rich life while he has the chance. After that he would head for the bathtub and start the running water feeling it warm something unknown to him. He heard stories but now he was going to live'em. (Then he cleans himself and sink into the tub out of relaxation and unless something going to happen we can skip or stop here.)
DM: (Wine!)
Kyle: (Ya.. that is a bit far fetched.. But I'm glad Lars is learning new things)
DM: (10 min brb!)
Siara: (You enjoy your bath, this is amusing)
Kyle: (Is he learning in easy bots?)
Siara: Yeah, custom first so he can get used to it
Siara: ()
DM: (back!)
DM: Siara, you see 'the girl' pass with a bottle of wine in her hands and a glass behind Hyna and head for the bathroom. She's ditched the floppy hat, her long brown hair flowing out behind her. She drums her fingers on the door before pushing on in. Her eyes are shut as she enters. "Hellooo?"
DM: (I have ten mins, then it's bedtime.)
DM: (*glass, is meant to be a goblet)
DM: (Guys?)
Kyle: eye's would snap open as he turns in the tub hanging over the side with his arms cross and head resting on them. He doesn't say anything for a good while taking the free time to get a full view of her without her flopply hat- "....Hey Angel.. enjoying the view?" -he ask fully knowing her eyes are still shut- "I suggest watching your step, I got water everwhere you may slip in if your not careful.."
Kyle: (Vex is off with a friend teaching him LoL, and it's fine)
DM: She opens her eyes, glancing briefly at the floor before moving closer to him with the bottle and goblet outstretched. Her head is still dipped, eyes averted as she offers the items to him. "It's a few years old... never been much of a drinker, so I don't exactly know what 30 years maturing means, or whatever."
Kyle: reaches out coming just shy of the bottle forcing him to take a bit of step to fully reach out and grab the bottle. He turn it looking at it, then back to her- "Ya that makes two of us.. But I can't pass up a chance ether.. Your rather shy, what's wrong?"
Kyle: (Guess you get last post)
DM: The girl just grins. "My mother would kill me if she knew I were in here, is all... not gonna look at you, that way I can say I never saw you if she DOES find out. I can say it with truth and conviction!" She laughs softly, then shakes her head. "Also... that wine's from her personal stash." She turns her back and sits down on the floor, careful not to sit in any puddles. She gently smooths her dress over her knees. "So, Kyle... what was it? I never really caught that last part... Duke of...?"
DM: (Yup! Goodnight guys! I had fun. )
Kyle: (Duke of Jackals cause he talks and laughs so much during fights and everything!)
Kyle: (I hope we get to kill something next time also)
DM: (Yeah, I'm aiming for that! 'Night!)
Kyle: (Vex I'll be in FoG if you want to chat!)
Kyle: night

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:45 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 4

(19th October 2012 & 20th October 2012)

Kyle joined the chat 22 seconds ago
Kyle: yo
Kate: Yo
Kyle: You want to post the last two things?
Kate
Kyle: eye's would snap open as he turns in the tub hanging over the side with his arms cross and head resting on them. He doesn't say anything for a good while taking the free time to get a full view of her without her flopply hat- "....Hey Angel.. enjoying the view?" -he ask fully knowing her eyes are still shut- "I suggest watching your step, I got water everwhere you may slip in if your not careful.."
Kyle: (Vex is off with a friend teaching him LoL, and it's fine)
DM: She opens her eyes, glancing briefly at the floor before moving closer to him with the bottle and goblet outstretched. Her head is still dipped, eyes averted as she offers the items to him. "It's a few years old... never been much of a drinker, so I don't exactly know what 30 years maturing means, or whatever."
Kyle: reaches out coming just shy of the bottle forcing him to take a bit of step to fully reach out and grab the bottle. He turn it looking at it, then back to her- "Ya that makes two of us.. But I can't pass up a chance ether.. Your rather shy, what's wrong?"
Kyle: (Guess you get last post)
DM: The girl just grins. "My mother would kill me if she knew I were in here, is all... not gonna look at you, that way I can say I never saw you if she DOES find out. I can say it with truth and conviction!" She laughs softly, then shakes her head. "Also... that wine's from her personal stash." She turns her back and sits down on the floor, careful not to sit in any puddles. She gently smooths her dress over her knees. "So, Kyle... what was it? I never really caught that last part... Duke of...?"
Kyle: ((Ahh, what a awkward and nervous spot to leave at.))
Kate: ((Yes, hehe))
Kate changed name to DM
DM: bbs
Kyle: He would struggle for a grip with his hands still being wet and slippery, but h ecouldn't look weak now. Taking a glance at her back he would pull up the bottle biting the cork and pulling with both hands till the cork popped out. carefully he would pure a large glass filling it to the rim after taking a small sip to taste the aged wine.- "Ahh, so your mom's little girl sneaking out.. That's brave of ya, your fine to run off your of age.' -he said taking another big gulp this time coughing a bit- "For 30 years I can't help but think this bottle must cost a pretty coin, your mom most be head cook or something, or one of the big wigs. Any reason you went through all this trouble for me?" -Kyle said with a grin, carefully putting the goblet down
DM: (I'M BACK!)
Kyle joined the chat
Kyle: (I got to grab a energy drink this headsche is refusing to go away)
Kyle: (ache*)
DM: The girl, with her back to Kyle, softly chuckles. "You could say that about her, I suppose... at least one of the more wealthy of the lot until this 'prank.' And the reason I would go through this for you?" She is silent a moment, then snorts in a very unladylike manner. "'Cause I could, I guess. A 30 year old bottle and an empty bottle look no different when that empty bottle is filled with water... probably won't be found out for another twenty years, heh."
DM: (Egh, headaches...)
Siara joined the chat 9 seconds ago
Raiden joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Raiden:
Kyle: Swaying in the water for a few moment as she talk Kyle questions her reason for only a second, he knew why she was here.- "Cause you could.. Alright, I'll leave it at that." -after that he took only one more sip before sliding the glass a ways from the bath as he rested his head again on his crossed arms.- "And it's Kyle, Duke of the Jackals.. I was famous back home in my little town, there wasn't a animal I couldn't bag.. So Angel anychance of you giving me and Siara a few more details about the big bad wizard?"
DM: (( http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... - Siara, Hyna's saying bu-bye to you)
Raiden waves to Hyna. "Hope that all goes well for you. Can't be any worse than having to deal with Kyle and Rooke all the time."
Raiden:
Raiden:
Kyle: (First time.. xD)
Siara waves to Hyna. "Hope that all goes well for you. Can't be any worse than having to deal with Kyle and Rooke all the time."
Siara:
DM: 'Angel' gives a small shrug. She is quiet for a moment, then starts to stand up. "I can," she states. "But I would tell you after your bath. I might as well let you enjoy this - from here out, I don't think there will be genuine warm baths." She turns her head slightly - you catch the hint of a wide grin before she starts moving towards the door. "Plus, it will be easier to tell you both at the same time rather than one, then the other."
Kyle head then slowly sinks into the water to his eyes as he blows bubbles underwater watching her leave.
DM
Hyna smiles and rolls her eyes before speaking in Elvish again. "Mm... Hopefully you'll sort this mess out so we can all go home. And keep the key to Windwater Hall... I questioned her Ladyship and even was allowed to speak to her property manager, but there is no mention of the Hall. I believe you will have better luck than I."
She glances up as 'Angel' leaves the bathroom without a bottle or goblet, smirks, and waits until the girl has left the hallway and wandered down the stairs before she speaks again. "Annnnd, I hope that when we meet again, you may have found some better company." She offers Siara a sly wink before taking his hand and gently brushing his knuckles against her lips in a farewell. She then turns and curtly wanders off.
DM: (Creeper Kyle...)
Siara:
DM: (That's the way Hyna rolls.)
DM: (Aye! And none of < this stuff!)
Kyle: (Maybe I'm just being in character or dumb but.. I missed that)
Siara: (Forgot, sorry)
Siara: (PFFT)
Siara: (She's hoping Siara finds something where he doesn't have to deal with Kyle anymore xD)
Kyle: (But why would she do that? She's wildly in love with him.)
DM: (Who what when!?)
Siara nods, then turns to head back to his room, giving Kyle some privacy. "Would you have Raiden come get me when you're finished there?"
DM: (Ohhh, wait!)
DM: (Kyle is in the bathroom. Hyna and Siara were chatting half-in-half-out of Kyle's room)
Siara: (Isn't the bathroom nearby?)
DM: (Yup, but door would be closed)
DM: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... ((See where the 'Rooms' are next to 'other hallway'? Bathroom is at the end there, unmarked on the map))
Kyle: After bathing till the water became cold and saving the majority of the wine bottle for later on the road, Kyle dried himself off and took some time trimming his hair out of his eyes. He couldn't afford to miss a shot, and looking handsome was never a bad thing.
Siara: (Then pretend he called it out so that Kyle heard him xD)
DM: (Okay, lol! XD)
Kyle: (Siara listen check!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (DC can be... 11)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle: (Siara you hear some oddly incorrect whistling coming from the bathroom, and maybe something antisemitic )
Kyle: (I just wanted to DM for a sec, that is all!)
DM: (One taste of power... greedy greedy. ))
Kyle: (This all you Siara till I come back from my round.)
Siara stops in his tracks for a moment, hearing something odd. Turning around, he looks for the source of the sound. "What in the world...?" Following it back, he passes the bathroom, hearing it as the source. He sighs, shakes his head, and then turns around once more.
Kyle: (Kyle hate Jews xD Hahah.. ROUND)
DM: (... *grabs Kitt and shakes him violently* Do not start off like Keith!)
DM: (Reflex check for the sake of it!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (Pretty sure Siara gets hit with whatever's coming>
Siara: )
DM: Raiden is undisturbed, having seen what was coming for a long while. Siara, however, as he turns, has a moment of startlement to find Rooke standing there.
DM: He's standing about two meters from you, dressed and geared as he was earlier, but looking a bit more clean-shaven. His hair has been brushed back and put into it's ponytail a little more neatly.
DM: (2 meters = almost seven feet)
Siara gasps and takes a step back on seeing Rooke suddenly behind him. "...don't ever sneak up on me like that again."
Siara: (I just realized that Raiden has a feat that grants +2 to awareness and spot checks, and +2 to Siara if he's standing right next to him)
DM: Rooke smirks for a minute, then shakes his head. "Ah, didn't mean to sneak up on you. You must have been too busy eavesdropping on whomever is in there." He grins, motioning to the bathroom door. "Who is it? The girl that led us here? Or Hyna?"
DM: (hah, handy!)
Siara slowly looks away, not really wanting to say who it actually was. "...Kyle."
DM
Rooke looks at Siara a moment, then raises an eyebrow. He remains like that for a moment, then grins and shakes his head. "I would never have guessed," he says with the grin turning into a smirk. "Personally, if I were an elf, I'd go for someone closer to my own age, but, ehh... I like my ladies, so I don't think I'd go eavesdropping on the boy anyhow." He winks at Siara, then crouches down next to Raiden and gives him a rub behind the ears.
"Anyways, reason I came up here was to dispell any rumors Hyna gave you of me leaving this little group. I think you need an extra sword from what I've heard, and if I stay here, ehh... no offense, but I've never done well in large groups of elves."
Siara: (Christ, you're good.)
DM: (Good?)
Siara: (That was an incredible response xD)
DM: (haha! Thanks! XD)
Siara shrugs. "He's a smartass, he's strong, and he's handsome. So sue me for knowing what I like. By elven age, I'm only a few years older than him. Regardless, I know I can't have him, so I'm content to watch from afar. Or listen, as the case may be." He scratches at the back of his head. "I have no issue with you remaining with us. Something felt really odd about that girl, and I'm not sure sticking around her would be conducive to our safety."
Siara: (He'd be about 25 according to humes)
DM: Rooke gives an easy shrug. He does appear to grimace slightly at the idea of trying to find Kyle attractive, but he brushes over it without trouble - he likes Kyle, but more in the 'funny little brother' sort of way. "The girl, heh... I think she's fine. You did seem to be unsettled when she touched your hand, though. The hat looks pretty stupid, but I saw her when I was on my way up here, and heh... she's a tiefling. I've heard of them before - some smell like brimstone, others have tails and cloven hooves, but all I saw were the horns. She's probably fine... friendly enough. Lovely smile."
DM: (Hyna would be 24 - Rooke doesn't understand elven culture or ages, or even why they'd want to mix races. )
Siara: (How about we NOT get into crossbreeding at this point, mmkay?)
DM: (You have no idea how much crossbreeding is in this game...)
Siara: (Exactly why I said let's not get into it -at this point-)
DM: (Heh heh, okay!)
Kyle: After a long time grooming himself Kyle would return to his room still wearing his leather slack pants, and towel covering his head as he rubbed it violently trying to dry himself faster. Walking out to his room by passing Siara and Rooke as they weren't even there he would fall backward on the bed with a huge grin, in his right hand could be seen the other half of the wine bottle- "Damn.. This place has the best perks.. But I can't help but want to get back out there, now I smell too good I think. They'll be thinking I'm soft.. Hmm." -Kyle would say out loud- "Oh hey guys, what ya'll doin here? Talkin about the Angels?"
Siara frowns. "No, there's something... else. She she touched me, I felt power - lots of it, dark power. Like there was something else watching me. Tieflings don't feel like that. Not normals ones, anyways. I would steer clear of her for now."
Kyle post CRUSHES Siara post^^^^^
Kyle: (Sorry being random.)
DM: (Heh heh heh)
DM: Rooke glances up as Kyle passes, then grins. "Yes, I suppose something like that... maybe the complete opposite, but, well... never mind." He glances back to Siara. "Well, you'd better jump out a window soon, because I believe she was going to return... I asked her where she was going when I passed her in the hall downstairs. She said to get a book, then she would return."
Siara: (w)
Siara looks behind him at Kyle, his eyes slightly narrowed as he looks over Kyle once, his voice barely audible. "...you look nice." He shakes his head rapidly, then waves a hand dismissively at Rooke before speaking to Kyle. "That girl, the Queen's daughter. Did something feel odd when you touched her?"
DM: (Need a ultra-stupid Kyle moment here, Kyle!)
DM: (mind, I don't think he touched her... *checks*)
Siara: (I thought there was a moment when he got it too. I know Rai did, if only for a moment)
DM: (Rai probably got the most of it! XD She spent an extended time patting him)
DM: (Oh yup... he helped her up from when she was patting Rai on the floor)
Siara: (Kitt's net went weird, he's trying to fix it now)
DM: (ok)
DM: (*hums*)
DM: (How's he doing?)
Siara: (No report yet)
DM: (ok)
Kyle joined the chat 93 seconds ago
Siara: (o__o)
Siara: (You're alive)
Kate joined the chat
Kate: (... *pokes finger at Kyle* Uhm...?)
Kyle joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Siara: (Aha, it's still iffy)
Kate: (How be you doing this without net?)
Kate changed name to DM
Siara: (It might just be problematic due to storms)
DM: [Then everything died and all was still!]


Siara joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM: .
Kyle joined the chat 8 seconds ago
DM: (You!)
Siara: (Your turn to post)
Kyle: The young man sat there clearing all the water from his ears half listening to the rest of the group till Siara directly started to speak to him. His mind and body jumped at the motion of him claiming he touched the young girl, holding his hands up and shaking his head as he spoke- " Woah woah.. I didn't touch her, she came onto me.. Ya got no proof of me touchin the Queen's daughter." -he pause still holding for something to tick- "Wait.. Angel's a Princess?! Hot damn, the God's must be shiny on me, heh she wanted to see me bath. This just got better.."
Siara sighs and reaches over to lightly
DM: (Kyle, always perverting the truth, heh heh!)
Siara: (Oookay, random enter key)
Kyle: (xD It seem like a funny thing to say)
DM: (You guys mind if I invite Shea to sit in on this?)
Kyle: (I like Shea, that'ld be cool)
DM: (Siara?)
Siara: (Go for it)
DM: (What's Siara doing?)
Siara sighs and reaches over to lightly flick Kyle's forehead. "Okay, I know you have the hots for her, but I need you to use your brain instead of your dick for a moment. Now listen to what I'm saying and think - did you or did you not feel something strange when she touched you?"
Siara: (I was finishing my post)
DM: (haha, ok XD)
DM: Rooke is just grinning stupidly, enjoying the banter and Kyle's claims of innocence. Though, he doesn't seem to have any doubts as to the young lady liking him back. He, himself, didn't seem to pick up on the relation of the girl to the queen, so his grin gets all the more wider.
Kyle: A small whine would escape from under Kyle breath- "Oww.." -as he rubbed the spot tenderly- "Nope.. nothing, just smell sun flower seeds... Why your elf sense's tinging?"-he said moving to fully button his shirt and done his chain vest, and stuffing everything else in his pack; making sure to take time to wrap the wine bottle beforehand
Kyle: (smelt* )
Siara: (w)
Shea joined the chat
DM: (Yo, Shea!)
Kyle: (Now I'm nervous Shea is here >,<
Kyle: ( >,< )
Siara "You could say that." He looks down. "When she touched me, it felt like something else was watching me, something dark and powerful. Not quite malice, but... not friendly either. I suggest we stay away from her for a while."
Shea: (Wazzup! Don't be nervous, I'm just hangin'.)
Siara: (Stalker mode activated)
DM: (Just for the sake of knowledge, Kyle is a human around 17, Siara is an elf around... 140? Rooke is human, around 27-32, and 'Angel' is a creature called a tiefling around the same age as Kyle.)
DM: (Lemme know when you guys are okay for me to cue the next stage. )
Siara: (Siara = 186)
Kyle: (CUE!)
Shea: (I'm just not sure who is who, is all)
DM: (I was off only by... 46 years! Siara = BinaryMelody, Kyle = Ikitt, DM = Kate. I play all the NPCs)
Siara: (Yeah, he looks like he's 25 or so, but he's 186)
Shea: (Oh okay. Thanks for all the info.)
DM: (CUE IT IS!)
Kyle makes a click click noise finishing his packing- "Got it.. I'll watch every move she makes, don't you worry Knifey.."
DM: Just as Siara finishes saying they should maybe avoid 'Angel,' footsteps on marble can be heard and Angel wanders into the room, her head in a book. "So, you guys wanted more info on where you're going and who you're looking for huh?" Without fear or adherence to protocol, she hops up to sit on the edge of Kyle's bed and drops the open book into her lap.
Kyle: (I just wanted to say something! That is all)
Siara shivers as he hears the girl approaching, giving her a wide berth. "It would be appreciated if we knew more, yes."
DM: (I simply love how creeped out Siara is over 'Angel'... XD)
Siara: (You do realize that by telling me to lead, you're essentially giving me permission to exploit "Chaotic" as much as I want, right?)
Kyle: blinks at the book, taking his time to reach over and grab a single page and flip it back and forth before looking up to Angel- "Ehh, this doesn't look like much of book.. You sure you don't got anything with prettier pictures?" -he says passing a grin to Siara
DM: (If Britta was leading the other party, bad stuff would happen. Keen to see how it would happen from an elf's point-of-view. )
Siara simply rolls his eyes, suppressing his desire to throw a dagger at Kyle for his non-stop flirting. "Putting the pictures aside for now... You said you had information for us?"
DM
Angel grins for a moment at Kyle, then turns her attention back to the book. "This is just a notebook. I wrote up all the stuff I could think of when I realized what had happened here. There are... two possible leads, but one hasn't been seen or heard from since like, forever. His name isn't written down anywhere and I can't remember it off the top of my head, but he was a powerful wizard that used to be my grandfather's advisor here. He left after my grandfather's death, but there are records he could still be around."
She taps a point in the book. "The guy we think actually did all this might be a newer wizard or sorcerer - nobody's sure what exactly he dabbles in, but he's helped out the kingdom with a few minor problems and such. He's never been an overly sociable person, keeping to himself, but I have met him once or twice. His name is Malakhi, charming sort, eyes than tend to see a lot more than the usual."
DM: "I'm not really sure what type of... race he comes from. Nobody knows where he came from - one day he wasn't here, the next, he was here. He never spoke of his past to anyone, so there are no written records of it... he came here about eight years ago, I think, to Elmrock Keep. He lived outside the city for a year or two before leaving to live somewhere else. There are no records of that either, since we're just so terrible at that sort of thing... heh. Uhm, yup. Usually there's this other guy that gives briefings and such, but he kind of disappeared, so I'm not very good at this..."
DM: (fin)
Kyle: (Round sry)
DM: ('tis ok)
Siara crosses his arms and leans against the doorframe. "A wizard... It's clear that it was a magical effect, but I've never heard of a memory-altering spell... If it was the newer wizard, he might have been trying something dangerous and it backfired, spreading negative effects to those who could sense magic... But that wouldn't explain why those two-" He points to 'those two'. "-were affected as well."
DM
Angel spreads her hands in a small shrug, then attempts to clumsily catch the book before it would fall off her lap. She catches it with her knees and puts it back in its previous position.
"I think it just affected everyone here... we're yet to hear news from the other kingdoms, so they were possibly affected too - maybe why you guys were affected since you're not from around here. But what you're saying is quite possible. Malakhi was known to dabble in several different areas of magic. There's one report from the city jail that says he was trying something out with necromancy and it got out of control, but I'm not sure how accurate the statement was."
Rooke raises two fingers together to catch her attention before she can go on. "You said there are records that the other wizard could still be around. How so?"
"Uhm, there was a signing for a property that I found after a quick rummage, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. I really don't think it was him that did all this."
"What if the wizard actually meant for the memory wipe to happen? Whichever wizard it was. Is there any way to figure out how it would benefit him?" Rooke questions.
Angel just shrugs again, keeping ahold of the book this time. "I... really can't think of anything. He wasn't in conflict with any of us, as far as I know. There is no overall 'bad opinion' of him, but... if he did something bad, maybe, then tried to cover it up with this...? I don't know."
Siara shrugs. "Both are entirely possible. I would think that a wizard with such a high position would know to use his power better, but you never know these days. I'm thinking the newer wizard is the one we should try to track down first, simply because we're not experienced enough to take on a high-power wizard like the adviser. Maybe we'll get lucky and pick up some clues along the way."
DM: (Kyle? Caught up?)
Kyle: Kyle would look up at the ceiling while rubbing his chin listening to all the different angles and talk of wizards. None of which he found amusing, so much so he didn't even feel like making a joke on the matter.- "Well ether way, one or the other we don't got any leads on where to go to find ether. Do you know of any hideouts or other towns he may be at? Cause once we once we find a direction we should make haste, every second that passes he could be getting farther away with my coin purse.." -he says menacingly waving a fist in the air- "Also we may want to hit the armory up, and get some more stale bread.. "
Shea: (gun hit up the armory, boiiii)
DM: (brb!)
Siara glances at Kyle. "Hit the armory? With what? As you said yourself, we have no money."
Kyle points at Angel- "Ehh.. ello? We got her.. And if they are missin guards I'm sure they got bulk of stuff they ain't using."
DM: "The guards are wearing all their stuff, or other people are..." Angel says with a weak grin. "I'm sure there's something you'd be able to use, but uh..." She glances at everyone's belts for weaponry, then shrugs. "There's nothing too special... but uh, the blacksmith might be able to-..." A light sparks up in her eyes and she clicks her fingers. "He lived next to the blacksmith outside of town. Maybe he has some idea of where Malakhi is now."
DM: (quick brb)
DM: (back)
Siara looks over to the girl. "Well, it's a start. Maybe we could find something useful there."
Siara: (Here, this is a sound bite from a show I watch with my mom. The way the woman talks is really close to how I would imagine Siara talking, similar voice pattern and attitude. http://soundcloud.com/kabegami-okami/reg... )
Kyle stands up quickly with a smug impression and crossing his arms- "See.. Now we have a lead, told ya I'ld figure it out. So pack your fluffy shoes, and hair ties Diara we got a investigation to do!" -he said moving a step to the door way, ready to leave- "Ya'll are ready right?"
DM
Angel blinks a moment, surprised that he'd want to leave right away, but grins. "I'll go grab my things! Meet you down in the foyer!" Without further ado, she rushes from the room with her notebook.
Rooke blinks for a moment, then grins as he glances at Siara. "So, run now while she's gone, or let her come with us? She seemed very keen... we may have to run very fast!"
Kyle: (we can time skip to the blacksmith?)
DM: (Yup. Was gonna have you guys level up now, if you want!)
Siara sighs again, shaking his head slowly. "You know I don't want that girl anywhere near us while we travel, but it's clear that I'm not going to change Kyle's mind, and there's nothing I can to to stop her, short of tying her up with Entangle at the city gates when we leave. If she wants to join us, let her."
DM: ((brb!))
Kyle: (My Vex you make this is so easy xD)
Shea: (i can see one of them pimpslapping angel in the future tbqh)
Siara: (It'll be Kyle. Siara doesn't want to touch her.)
Kyle: (I pimpslap all the fools)
DM: (back!)
Kyle: (Level?!
Kyle: link me my CS please)
DM: (Level 1 -> Level 2)
Siara: (Did any of you actually listen to that sound bite? xD)
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
Kyle: (I did seem random)
DM: (No, sorry. Could you PM it to me on FoG? I'll have to listen to it later)
DM: (Angel getting pimpslapped!? My, for what reason? It couldn't be her incredibly sunny disposition, could it!?)
Shea: (oh no, never.. *dramatic eye roll*)
Siara: (Well yeah, you don't know the whole story that leads up to that conversation. If you watched the show, it would make sense. I just wanted to give you an idea of how Siara would sound when he talks, with that edge in his voice.)
Kyle: (http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Shea: ( i heard it. i like the way she talked, but it's a little bit hard trying to think of it as a guy's way of talking)
Kyle: (^^^^^^^^^^^)
DM: (Good good, Kyle.)
Siara: (Well elves are androgynous as hell, so yeah xD)
Kyle: (It auto gave me 6 on my HP roll)
Siara: (And he has a bit more... femininity? Just a bit.)
Siara: ( www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara&r=Elf&c=Druid&g=M&l=2&d=Hextor&a1=Chaotic&a2=Neutral&s0v=14&s0s=Str&s1v=12&s1s=Cha&s2v=12&s2s=Int&s3v=14&s3s=Dex&s4v=12&s4s=Con&s5v=14&s5s=Wis&a=Leather&sh=&w1=Scimitar&w2=Scimitar&w3=Dagger&bl1=Draconic&k=Listen:4,Balance:2,Concentration:4,Move Silently:2,Ride:4&kl=&f1=Two-Weapon Fighting&f1a=&f2=&f2a=&h=59&w=103&ag=141&hr=White&ey=Gold )
DM: (Yup, it does auto everything, which is nice... doesn't quite leave stuff to luck though, the only downfall)
Siara: (Bad link is bad)
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... Silently:2,Ride:4&kl=&f1=Two-Weapon Fighting&f1a=&f2=&f2a=&h=59&w=103&ag=141&hr=White&ey=Gold
Shea: ( good point!)
DM: (Put spaces on each side of parentheses)
Siara: (I did, it didn't have the http bit, which is what makes it a clickable link)
DM: (That link has you with 13 skill points remaining)
Siara: (GRRR )
DM: (link on the other chat, maybe?)
Siara: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
DM: (both good! All right... fast forward to... THE BLACKSMITH!)
Shea: (time travel, ho!)
Shea: (that totally looked like i called you a ho.)
Shea: ( i didn't.)
Shea: (...)
DM: (I AM SO UTTERLY OFFENDED RIGHT NOW, I JUST CAN'T TALK! ... I know you didn't! ! (w))
Kyle: (sry uploading some pictures of home)
Shea: (<3)
Kyle: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p... )
Kyle: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p... )
Siara: (Yeah, my home looks the same all year, except what few leaves we do have make a mess on the flagstone.)
Siara: (what few trees* mess from their leaves*
Shea: (pretty trees.)
Kyle: Ya, that was the small tree I couldn't get the big one in the picture )
DM
As promised, Angel met Siara, Kyle, and Rooke down in the foyer within record time. She wore the same dress as before but with a slim-fitting leather breastplate over the top. Her knee-hi leather boots look worn and well-used, but stable enough to handle long walks and such. Her arms are covered by fingerless leather gloves that end above her elbows. She wears her black cape with a large hood, having abandoned the floppy hat. Now, the hood covers her horns and eyes much like the hat did previously.
Remaining quiet for the most part, she led you out of the city and back along the path that you came up to approach the city along the river. However, she breaks off onto a path that isn't very noticeable from the road and up into the darkening forest. The orange hue of the setting sun filters through the tree leaves, giving a spooky shade over the path as you walk. Rooke grips the hilts of his light mace and handaxe on his belt from time-to-time, obviously unnerved by the silence - there are no birds giving goodnight calls to eachother, no insects loudly chirping, nothing. Only the slight rattle of the wind through the dry leaves beneath your feet.
Before long, through the trees, you can see a hut. It's similar to the dwarf's hut that Siara first awoke in, but appears to have another room adjoining it and a shelter above an open forge. It's embers glow in the fading light and you can see the silhouette of a pacing man as you approach. Before long, his face is lit up by the forge's lit, revealing him to be another half-elf. He doesn't seem to notice the party approaching him, his hands touching his hair and his face as he paces worriedly. He's fairly handsome, maybe early thirties, has short blonde hair and a tanned face. For a half-elf, he's on the muscular side. He is dressed in a blacksmith's apron and simple clothes.
DM: (You get proper autumns... we only get a few trees that go awesome.)
Kyle: (That is a nice post and all, but ROUND and ya, I have trees like that EVERYWHERE around my house. It's very hidden.)
DM: (If it weren't so windy, I'd love to live under trees...)
DM: (So! Shea, so far you haven't actually seen any D&Ding... this is the roleplaying inbetween.)
Shea: (we have a massive black tree out the right of my house. im not sure what it is exactly, but the trunk is just that. black. its sorta weird.)
Shea: (that's fine - it probably wouldn't have been as interesting as this anyway
DM: (Lotsa numbers... but they're coming up soon! )
Siara: (Bleh, internet fail)
DM: (Ehh, stoopid 'net!)
Siara looks around the hut, not seeing anything that immediately caught his attention. He did see the way the half-elf was pacing back and forth. "Is something wrong?"
DM: The half-elf jumps, then places his fingertips together as he eyes the group for a moment. He swallows, his adam's apple bobbing. "Yes... this strange... memory lapse that everyone is suffering from seems to have left me quite... uh... in a difficult spot." He rubs a hand over his brow. "But I... I shouldn't bother you with my problems. Can I help you group of travellers? Arms, armor, or something completely different?"
Siara nods. "Yes, I think you can. Those two-" He indicates to 'those two' again. "Are looking for some new weapons or armor, I think. I'm fine with the weapons I have, but I would like a pair of gloves, if you have some."
DM: Rooke waves his hand as if to ignore the offer. The half-elf nods and reaches a hand up to scratch behind his head. "I uhm... how are you lot going to pay me?" he asks. "I still have to somehow make a living while this thing is being sorted out."
Siara glances back at Kyle as if to say "I told you so."
Kyle: Kyle would step up from the rear guard making sure no one would sneak up on them, after swaying through his group he would only give Siara a sigh before holding both his hands out- "About we pay ya with hard work? I know a troubled man with demons he can't bear when I see one. Let us scratch your back and you scratch ours.. Sounds fair eh? So what needs doing, lumber chopped, ore melted, or maybe something darker?" - he said with a all knowing tone
DM: The half-elf hesitates, then rubs behind his neck again. "I... do have a job that needs doing, and I could pay you well for it if you succeed... I found a note at my door this morning from a client. I know him well and do regular jobs for him - if I fall behind schedule, he sends over two of his goons to rough me up. He pays well, so I never really got too worried about it, but... but his latest job he gave me, he gave me two bars of gold to complete an item for him, apparently, and now I don't them! They disappeared along with all my coin, it would seem!"
Shea: ( i wonder if someone stole them..)
Shea: (what a twist!~)
DM: "I would ask you to enter into an old gold mine... it's abandoned now, but it may still have enough ore left to make at least one bar... the other was only in the case that maybe I slipped up - it's a delicate item - but I should be able to do it with only one bar if I'm careful. Anything I won't need to use, you can keep and I can find you whatever items you would like yourselves. I would be much obliged..."
DM: (Nobody has gold - everyone woke up with no memory of the past little while and with all their money gone. )
Kyle: (Siara your turn! )
Siara shrugs, then holds up a single finger. "Sounds reasonable enough, as long as you tell us exactly what's in that mine. Any monsters that have taken up residence?"
Shea: (uhh, right.)
DM: "I'm not too sure, actually," the half-elf blacksmith would say, still looking nervous as he starts to wring his hands. "I've heard wolves howling in the area, so they could have taken up residence in there, but... yeah, I'm really not sure. I haven't been in there since they stopped production two years ago. Anything could be in there - that's why I'm not going in there myself. I only make weapons, I can't use them too well..."
Kyle: Kyle looks over to Siara and turns completely around looking everyone in the eyes- "So, sounds easy as cake, and shouldn't take much time.. Then we can get what we came for, some coin, and maybe a solid lead.." -he snaps back around clapping his hands together- "Alright, deal! Now do you have a pick I could borrow and maybe point my knifed ear friend here in the right direction. Shouldn't take long.. "
Siara nods. "Well, that seems fair enough, that things would take up residence if it's abandoned. Which way is it?"
DM: "Uh," the blacksmith looks about the forge, then crouches down beside the stone forge, reaching down to pick up a nice pick. It looks old, but sturdy. It was on the floor with a few other tools. "Here," he says, handing the pick over to Kyle. "And the mine is just... south-east. There's still a path leading from here to there, none others leading off... it goes underground, so you'll need a light."
Shea: (I'll check back later, see if you guys are still going. Gotta eat and shower.)
DM: (okay!)
Shea left the chat
Siara waves a paw dismissively. "Light won't be much of an issue as long as I'm here. Maybe I can break this bad habit of mine while we're there..." He looks over his shoulder. "Shall we?"
Siara: (...a paw. I'm talking to my furry friends too much.)
Kyle is already ready with his longbow out in one hand the other out streched to help Angel down a rough path of path as he looks back to Siara- "We shall, I'm going to take rear guard again, ya know so I can keep a look out for anything. Just lead the way, and watch out for Rooke and Angel..." (and yes you are)
DM: "Ready when you guys are!" 'Angel' says cheerfully. She's obviously excited about getting to travel with a group. (Haha! I thought maybe that was the case... And since I forgot to mention this earlier...) She has a small fiddle strapped to her back over her cape. She takes Kyle's hand when he offers to help her and just grins. The feeling washes up your hand and through your arm, Kyle, almost seeping into your bones.
Siara grins to himself. "Watch out for them? Hmph..." He pulls out his swords, holding the left one in reverse, then casts an almost sadistic grin back at him. "...they should watch out for me." He notices that the girl is holding Kyle's hand and he frowns, thinking to himself. "He must be dense as quicksilver if he really doesn't feel that..."
Kyle: (You don't know me! I'm got no magic in my blood, maybe Kyle is Null and without spark so can't be touched by magic!)
Siara: (Even irl though, people can sometimes tell when someone is looking at them, or when they're being followed.)
DM
Rooke claps Siara on the shoulder in a friendly manner as he often does to Kyle, then takes the lead, drawing his greatsword for just-in-case as he starts off down the path. It is much the same as the path before leading to the hut, but it goes steadily downhill and soon veers into a cleft between two sloping hills. The path gets tighter as you move until you figure only a handcart could be pulled through, not a wagon. The path is overgrown with weeds, but it is still noticeable from the rest of the foliage due to the white gravel.
Rooke starts pulling back as the cleft-in-the-hill's sides start to get higher. He obviously doesn't like tighter, boxed-in settings and soon starts giving nonverbal cues that he'd like someone else to take the lead.
Siara: (And obviously no one has magic in their blood irl.)
DM: (So Kyle would have to be 'just stupid'... or likes creepy feelings.)
Kyle: (Or doesn't claim people are crazy and feels no need to tell the truth)
DM: (I bet he just likes creepy feelings!)
Siara: (Oh boy, woodland growth, now I get to watch everyone squirm as they try to follow me because it doesn't slow me down xD)
DM: (Remind me what that does? I read it once but can't remember now...)
Siara: (Just makes it so druids aren't hurt or slowed by natural vegetation like vines, thorns, bushes, etc.)
Kyle: (Awareness!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (16)
Siara: (o.O)
Siara: (Random...)
DM: Kyle, you see lots of animal poo scattered about the path. Raiden would be able to easily recognize them as wolf poo, being a dog and all.
Kyle: (I FOUND POO! Round)
DM: (KYLE FOUND POO! Ok)
Siara: (WHAT THE HECK! What the heck.)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 pm by Kate Orchix

Siara: (Is it dark now, or still some light?)
DM: (Still some light - faint orange from the sunset. It's getting really shadowy though.)
Siara taps Rooke's arm with the side of his blade, indicating for him to move aside. He steps forward, Raiden at his side, and looks around at the cleft. "Hmm... Not a lot here. Should be okay for a little while. Keep an ear out for me, yeah?" He nods down to Raiden, then starts walking deeper into the cleft.
DM: The cleft always has enough room for a handcart to get through, and the further you go, the higher the sides get. Eventually, the sunset is only a faint glow on the bark of the trees above you on the sides of the cleft. A musky smell starts rising and you turn a bend in the cleft before finding yourself at a wider point in the path. Before you is a wooden door built into the side of a stone wall - above the stone wall are trees growing from the cracks between the stones.
Siara: (Okay, are the sides getting higher or are they staying the same height and we're just going down?)
DM: (Both. You're basically going down under a hill and will further to go downhill once you enter through the door.)
Siara: (Fair enough, just trying to keep a sense of where we are)
Kyle: (Ok got some energy foods, should help me perk up)
DM: (*eats sorbet!*)
Siara: (Anything magic about the door?)
DM: (Nup, just a door. You don't think there's even a lock on it - in fact, it's pretty rickety, like it'd easily be nudged aside)
Kyle: After a while of treading downhill he stops to walk backwards for a few steps taking in the land as the sun looses it's grip on the day and let the night soon take over. Kyle lazily props up on the side of a tree letting everyone get a few steps ahead of him as he silently pulls a arrow free from his quiver and notch it lightly and curl his index finger to hold it in place- "I can't but get a creepy feeling from this place, why is it always night time when I'm in the woods?" -he said glancing back to the group- "So? Find anything? We're loosing daylight here."
Siara holds his arm out to the side, signalling everyone to stop. "The air stagnates here... I believe we found our mine, or something close to it." He steps closer to the door and holds out his hand, feeling around for any magic traps. Sensing nothing, he tightens his grip on his swords and turns to the side, then takes a sharp step to his right, driving his shoulder into the door sharply, practically blasting it off the frame, then straightens back up, brushing the dust off his shoulder. "Creepy or not, this seems like the place."
DM: (Reflex check guys!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (ffs, this roller)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (16)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara: (Raiden gets 16, not even gonna bother with my mods)
DM: (Siara and 'Angel'...)
Kyle: (15 my bad)
Siara: (Joyyyyy)
DM: As Siara whacks the door aside, bats flutter up into his face, driving him back but not doing him any damage. One continues to flutter confusedly in his face while the other two dive out into the air, both driving into Angel's face. She screams shrilly, waving her hands about and trying to push them away.
Kyle: (ffs stands for what again?)
Siara: (For fuck's sake -.-)
Kyle: (at lvl 2 I got 4 feats already xD)
DM: (Lucky lucky!)
Kyle: (Well I got no magic, or cool tricks just feats.. )
DM: (i really should pull my CSs up...)
Kyle: (I would say Kyle does something but I'm in the back laughing too hard if I had to guess)
DM: (I'll wait for Siara's reaction then. )
Siara:
Siara 's eyes widen as several bats come screeching out of the darkness and jumps back in surprise, growling to himself as one remains in his face. "Little pest..." He quickly stabs one blade upwards in front of him, skewering the little creature. Swinging the blade down to his right, he throws the creature off his blade and onto the rock beside him with a soft -shlick-. "Hate bats, such annoying creatures. Kyle, help your girlfriend..."
DM: Rooke reaches over and swats one bat away from Angel's face, the other following it's companion with a few soft shrieks. "Don't scream," he tells her. "If there's anything in there, you'll draw it right to us."
DM: (Poor little bat!)
Siara: (He's not scared of them, they're more just an annoyance to him)
Siara holds the sword low for Raiden to lap the blood from the blade carefully.
Siara: (And there's the chaos)
Kyle: (Act too far out of line and lose your magic Druids have codes )
DM: Angel blinks, watching Siara as the dog laps the blood from the blade. For a moment, she's quiet, then gives him a concerned look before glancing at the others. "Uhm... onwards?" She seems to be visibly uncomfortable after seeing Siara do what he did to the bat.
Siara: (I saw that, he'll be fine. He's made it this far, hasn't he?)
Kyle is dieing of laughter barely containing himself- "Oh come on you wuss just go in the dark scary hole.. I promise there is worst things to be afraid. Let's get on the move.." -he would say taking his time to nudge Angel with a chuckle- "I got ya'll back, let's press on.. Your alright."
Shea joined the chat
DM: (Yo, Shea's in the 'ouse!)
Kyle: (Ahh shit she's back!)
Shea: (^^)
Siara sheaths his right blade and reaches down to pet Raiden for a moment, then lays his hand steadily on Raiden's back. "Illuminate... Brighten... Light." With a flash, the parts of Raiden's fur that are streaked like lightning bolts begin to glow brightly. Standing back up, he redraws his blade, Raiden already padding into the cavern. "Onward indeed." Remaining wary for any other bats, he trudges into the cave after Raiden.
Kyle: (I'm getting sick.. eating too many sweets ug)
DM: The tunnel into the mine opens out before you, the same width as the path for a couple of meters, then it widens out to about ten feet across. No further bats appear and Rooke moves along behind Siara and Raiden, ready to take point if anything moves to harm Siara. Angel quietly walks along behind Rooke, occasionally touching at her face where the bats were fluttering - she doesn't appear to be convinced they aren't there anymore.
DM: (You stop that!)
Siara: (I checked it btw, I only lose my class if I stop revering nature entirely. A bat here and there isn't going to disrupt it.)
Kyle: (Are the walls wet? And what do I hear?)
Siara: (Try a listen check )
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (13 and 23)
DM
The walls and floor are made of stone and dirt, the path curving downwards and to the right as you walk - you get the idea that it moves down in a spiral. As you move, you can see etchings on the walls in a foreign language. Rooke pats the etchings once and glances at the others. "It's dwarven," he says. "I can't read dwarven, but I've been in a mine before - it's just the levels we're going down." His fingers come away from the etchings dry, so you figure the walls are not wet. The floor must be made predominantly of stone to support the spiral slope.
You can hear the wind whistling from the door above, howling softly along the stone ceiling and a faint echo from below. The wind's howls are not echoed correctly, however, and to Raiden's ears, it would be evident that there are wolves howling along too. (15 to hear the wolves.)
Kyle: "Remember Siara we're looking for gold veins not things for you sacrifice to whatever dark god fuels your fairy dust, so keep a look out.." - he would then move closer throwing his longbow over his shoulder and back, and keeping his hatchet out for the moment.- "Angel you alright, ya know you could have just waited at the keep. No need to go off chasing monsters if ya can't look'em in the eye."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Rooke doesn't hear the wolves.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (I do not ether)
DM: (Neither does Angel)
Shea: (they definitely have the element of surprise, then)
Raiden joined the chat
DM: Angel laughs softly and shakes her head. "I like monsters... bats, I don't like bats. Remind me too much of... well... dire bats. Dire bats are scary, so little bats are just dire bats not grown up enough!" She grins.
Raiden perks his ears up, sensing something not quite right with the sounds in the cave. He lowers himself slightly, creeping forward instead of walking normally.
DM: (*drawls* Ahm gonna needa know all your flat-footed-ness except for Raiden's...)
DM: (ohhh, wait a minute...)
Siara glances down at Raiden and sighs, seeing the tension in his body. "Guess we're not alone in here, are we Rai...?"
DM: (Siara, remember? Raiden gives you a +2 to awareness.)
DM: (You would have made the check.)
DM: (Kyle, flatfootedness?)
Siara: (I forgot that too, thanks for reminding me)
DM: (Just say you picked up on it a little late. )
Kyle: (Flat 15)
Kyle: (14 if from my back ark)
DM: You would all hear a harsh bark before a patter of paws. Suddenly, a wolf throws itself upon Kyle, it's teeth reaching for his shoulder!
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (5)
Kyle: (Random memory I just got. The first person to teach me D&D was this old guy at a game shop.. And I remember his wife was mute, so was nice.)
DM: (A mute? How unusual...)
DM: (Roll for initiative)
Kyle would be caught off guard cursing and flailing about! (12 hp left)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle: (13)
Raiden looks up sharply as he realizes exactly what he's hearing, and draws his blades. "Well well... The blacksmith was right."
Raiden: (Fuck it)
Kyle: (Ya the only mute I have ever met before.)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Kyle: (MUhahahahA!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Shea: (lul)
DM: (Raiden 16 - Angel 12)
Siara: (How's that calculated?)
DM: (You can find Init up next to your hp total)
Siara: (Oh, okay)
DM: (Wait, why did I put Raiden!? I meant Rooke!)
DM: (Shea, welcome to the... REAL D&D! Watch us make fools of ourselves!)
Siara: (Then Siara's still last xD)
Shea: (Heh
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (Wolf is last)
DM: (Rooke, Kyle, Raiden, Angel, Siara, Wolf)
DM: Rooke already has his weapon unsheathed. He grabs for the wolf instead of attacking it, hoping to grapple it away from Kyle.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (10...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Alright Kitt, you know this better than I do. Does Share Spell mean that Rai can cast one of my spells, or just share the effect of one?)
DM: The wolf struggles from Rooke's grasp before he can get a firm hold. It snarls at Kyle again.
Kyle: (Just share, if he stays really close to you. You cast a buff spell he gets it too )
Siara: (Alright then)
Kyle: "Hold on a moment.. I got to axe this puppy a question.." (Melee attack!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara: (Dashing Swordsman to the rescue!)
Kyle: (12 >,> )
DM: (miss!)
Kyle: (Round Time)
DM: (okey)
Raiden: (Alright, grapple check for Rai)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Raiden: (17)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM: (miss)
DM: Angel draws her longsword and lunges at the wolf, her blade sweeping up for it's shoulder.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Siara rushed at the wolf, attempting to land on the wolf's back and keep it occupied, but misses, landing beside it.
Siara: (Never mind)
Siara: (That's just getting annoying)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (... ahaha!!!)
DM: (Siara's turn, then wolf, then restart the cycle. )
Siara: (The terrain is rock and dirt, right?)
DM: (yup)
Siara: (No Entangle for a while then, okay.)
DM: (You'll find some nice dirt soon, don't worry!)
Siara: (I need plants for that though, not just dirt)
DM: (ehh, some of 'em too!)
DM: (Just none here for now)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (What mods do I add for hitting with scimitars?)
DM: (Take a look at your weapon stats. To hit, you look at the thing that says 'attack'. For damage, it should show a roll next to 'Dam')
Siara: (Alright, 16 and 15 then)
DM: (Hit, hit. Roll for damage twice!)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Siara: (7 and 3)
Siara: (Is it dead?)
DM: (... uhm... yes.)
DM: (detail!)
Siara: (Cool, writing)
Kyle: (Kate FoG)
DM: (ok)
DM: (Hey, Vex, Kitt just told me that the character calculator doesn't take into account the +1 you get for your two weapon fighting feat. Whenever you do an attack, add another +1 to hit!)
Siara: (Ooh, okay, I'll keep that in mind)
Kyle: (xD No no, wrong)
DM: (What did I do!!!?)
DM: (Oh, wait, duh! I get it...)
Kyle: ( Just trying to make sure Kate knows the rules not make Vex worst)
DM: (Normal dual-wielding without the feat gives you -2, doesn't it Kitt? So the dual wielding removes that? Is that right?)
Kyle: (Close.. Normal dual-wielding is -4/-6 the feat makes it -2/-2)
DM: (So instead of the +3 to attack, it's +1?)
Kyle: (So with Siara Str mod (+2) and BA +1.. he gets +1 to hit with both blades >,> Vex hates me now)
Siara: (Not really xD It's a bit more fair given that I have such a unique animal companion)
Kyle: (But he can still flank and gain a +2 if Raiden is behind them!)
DM: (My way was much more fun! Sorry Vex... but you can still take that hit since I kinda mucked up. I should have remembered this from Britta.)
Kyle: (^^^ Agreed xD)
Kyle: (Britta should know better then this! xP )
DM: (Britta does! I don't...)
DM: (I think she'll eventually revert to one blade just for the simplicity of it... but in epic mode, she'll be having two weapons. *sage nods*)
DM: (... kill the wolf!)
Siara: (Writing. Can't decide whether I want to stab it in the chest or the head.)
DM: (Sadistic druid!)
DM: (Oh, the blue robe or the red robe...? The head or the chest...?)
Kyle: (Remind me when I get home to just BUY Draven.. )
Siara dashes forward, holding both blades in reverse. As he nears the wolf, he steps to the right, bringing his left arm across in an sweeping slash that opens a nice gash in the wolf's side. Following the motion through, he turns 180 degrees in place, his right arm raised a bit. Swinging the sword straight down, he drives the blade deep into the wolf's skull, killing it instantly. His face seems shadowed, but the light manages to illuminate his mouth, an grin of insanity on his lips. "Boom... Headshot~♥"
DM: "Nicely done," Rooke says, keeping his weapon drawn. "Next time, I think I'll just swing the sword instead of trying to pin the damn thing..."
Shea: (victory!~)
DM: ( I'm sorry... I had to. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Compon... )
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/tdy-120329-caters-hippo-2.photoblog600.jpg
Siara slowly draws his blade from the wolf's skull, watching it collapse. He lifts the sword, gazing at the blood on it with a tinge of madness in his eyes. "Such beauty, that red hue..." He blinks for a second and the madness disappears, and he shakes his head rapidly as if coming back to his senses. Looking at the wolf, he sighs. "It's a start... At least I didn't torture it this time."
Shea: (isn't this guy supposed to be druid?)
DM: Angel stares at Siara for a wee while, her brows lightly raised as if trying to figure him out before she ducks her head out a bit and grins a little. "You're not the... puppy-loving kind of druid, are you, Siara of the Clan of... Woe?"
Kyle: rolls his shoulder with a disappointing look at Siara, glancing to Angel- "Are all knife ears this overly dramatic about killing a mutt? Or is this one just special? Alright, alright.. let's keep this moving.. wolfs normally travel in packs, no need to get comfy.. Now where the heck is this gold vein I really want to out of this cramped area ."
Siara: (He is, but he's got something of a sadistic streak. He'll respect nature and care for animals, but the ones that threaten him get very little mercy.)
DM
"No argument there," Rooke agrees. Angel gently brushes past the others, delicately stepping over the wolf's body.
"How about I take lead? I'm more likely to be able to see an ambush coming in this dark without the glowing dog, heh..." (Like poor baby bats!)
Shea: (ahh. that's fair enough.)
Siara shakes his head. "The Clan of Woe is well-named. I will respect nature and care for animals, as is my duty. But an animals that threatens me or the people I care for get no mercy."
DM: (You listened to the podcast on RPGFO, Shea? XD)
DM: (Their accents... aw, gorgeous...)
Shea: (I heard the first bit of it. i though Mike was aussie at first.)
Kyle: (I like my accent more.)
Kyle: (Vex http://elohell.net/images/chill/a4ba286a...
Kyle: (Support Mundo, in rank match xD)
Siara: ( http://puu.sh/1gIxG )
Siara: (Kinda like that ^)
DM: Angel heads further down into the darkness, quiet for the most part before she starts to softly hum and sing to herself - nothing really noteworthy or attention-drawing, but just enough to keep her occupied as they move. They eventually come to another wooden door, this one slightly ajar as if it had been nudged open by the now-dead wolf. Angel peeks through, falling silent before holding up her hand and showing them four fingers. She then made a motion of walking with her fingers before flashing all her fingers at the others twice to indicate the number of feet away whatever the 'four fingers' indicated.
Siara: (Normal for the most part, but when he finds a target, he goes kinda crazy. Blame it on Chaotic.)
DM: Angel sheathes her longsword and instead draws her longbow, notching an arrow to it and drawing back on the string, ready to fire. She backs away from the door, waiting for someone else to take the lead.
DM: (Britta's Chaotic Neutral... she don't let dogs lap at the blood of her victims. )
Siara nods to Raiden, who creeps forward. He follows slowly, willing to take the lead again if no one else volunteered.
Kyle: Kyle quickly moves to the front side by side with Angel notching a arrow, and looking at Siara and nodding to the door. (ready my action! )
Kyle: (http://elohell.net/images/chill/eadda62e... VEX)
DM: (Needa hit a 12 on first hit - flat-footed)
Siara: ( I saw it, see mine?)
DM: (Hey look Shea! It's Lance!)
Kyle: (Ya, so you opening this door yet Vex?)
Kyle: (I really need to shoot something)
DM: (I'll do it!)
DM: Rooke steps forward, quietly pulling the door open and moving to the side, out of the range of their arrows. "After you," Angel softly murmurs to Kyle. You can see four wolves sitting in the room beyond, laying on what appears to be a large fur rug. There is a faint light in the room that comes from some strategically placed torchbugs floating about.
Kyle: (Damn these people for not knowing when the door unlocks!)
DM: (It's a door! Let's all dither about it and be uncertain!)
Kyle: (rapid shot!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (hit!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: (this roller.. it's hating me tonight)
DM: (FAIL!)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle: (4 damage >,>)
Siara: (...the heck? A rug?)
DM: The wolf in the forefront yelps as the projectile thumps into his shoulder. He whines and moves to hide behind the other wolves, uncertain of what was coming through the door. Another wolf, larger than the rest, stands and starts moving forward. Angel lets an arrow fly.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: The arrow bounces off the floor ahead of the wolf.
DM: (Murrhurrhurr!)
Siara: (Two archers?)
DM: (Right, the rest of us roll for initiative!)
Shea: (sorry, was reading somewhere else for a moment. lance?)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Shea: (ohhhh LOL. totally lance, Kate)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (You remember June and Lance!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (Oh my god xD)
Shea: (of course
DM: (20 for me. What do you get for Siara?)
Siara: (21)
DM: (this is for Angel...)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (Rai gets 18)
DM: (And the wolves...)
Kyle: (16 initative)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (how very awkward...)
DM: (Siara, Rooke, Wolf 1, Angel, Raiden, Wolf 2, Kyle, Wolf 3, Wolf 4)
DM: (So, Siara. Angel and Kyle got sorta 'free' attacks)
Siara: (Okay then xD)
Kyle: (Surprise round ROUND)
DM: (SURPRISE!)
Siara: (Do you have the HD and int scores of each wolf?)
DM: (Yup. They're all the same since I'm so lazy.)
Siara: (And those are...?)
DM: (Int 2, 2d8+4 HD)
Siara: (That's way too much for Charm Animal on even one of them. Um...)
Siara: (Calm Animal*)
Siara: (And they probably won't tell me anything now that they've been attacked twice, so Speak with Animals is out too)
DM: The larger wolf in the forefront steps over the arrow that Angel shot, it's eyes full of anger and stringy drool starting to dangle from its mouth as it's nostrils flare.
DM: (Raiden have any bonuses?)
Siara: (Yup)
Siara: (Uh...)
Siara: (Regarding what?)
DM: (Anything that could be used against these wolves.)
Siara: (Low-light vision, Scent, Awareness, Track, Jump+8...)
DM: (He can... Jump over the wolves! Wee! Attack the damn things! )
Siara: (Hmm.)
Siara: (w)
DM: (ok)
Kyle: (Am I dead yet?)
DM: (... nope!)
DM
(DM: (Siara, Rooke, Wolf 1, Angel, Raiden, Wolf 2, Kyle, Wolf 3, Wolf 4)
DM: (So, Siara. Angel and Kyle got sorta 'free' attacks))
Siara sighs. "Great. More of them." Sheathing both blades and sliding his feet apart slightly, he closed his hands into fists. "Blaze... Burn... Fire!" Opening his palms sharply, two large fireballs appear over his palms.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (Not really worth the mods for aim when it's that low)
DM: (Okay, next roll?)
Siara: (Can only throw one at a time, I think)
Kyle: (What is he even doing? )
Kyle: (produce flame? ya once a round)
Siara: (Yeah, Produce Flame)
DM: (He's going to throw a fireball at one of the wolves... y'need to refer to them by their numbers by the way. First wolf that Kyle nabbed here was Wolf 4. Wolf nearing us is Wolf 1.)
DM: (Okay, Rooke then!)
DM: Rooke steps towards Wolf 1 as Siara's fireball sizzles out prematurely and swings his blade at the beast.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: ... and he almost falls over as he stumbles on a rock. His swing goes wide.
DM: Wolf 1 snarls and goes in to bite Rooke in the outer thigh!
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: Wolf 1 is a clumsy oaf and misses too.
Siara attempts to lob one of the fireballs at W1, but the spell becomes unstable at he's taking aim and the flame disappears before he can throw it. With a low growl to himself, he lowers his arm, a new flame appearing.
DM: Angel pulls back on her string, firing off another arrow at Wolf 1...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara: (Finally, someone hits!)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Kyle: "Oh would you looky at that.. Siara can juggle I think, oh nevermind.. he dropped the ball."
DM: The wolf yelps as the arrow hits it firmly in the chest and it gives a shake of its head before growling low, teeth baring as it crouches, ready to pounce.
DM: "Got you," Angel softly whispers. (Raiden!)
Siara glances behind him. "Better than having to bite the arrow. Oh wait, it didn't even have to."
Raiden joined the chat
Raiden: (Just for these)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Raiden: (Super miss again)
Raiden sails over W1, landing between it and the others.
DM: Wolf 2 charges for Raiden, her jaws wide and teeth bared as she reaches for Raiden's throat.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (AC?)
DM: (brb!)
Siara: (16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural) )
Kyle: (Raiden also may be flanked.. depending where he is)
Siara: (Siara's gonna lose it if Raiden dies)
Kyle: (I'll laugh)
Kyle: (..twice, every night for the next month)
Siara: (You realize that the Chaotic bit will go into overdrive without him, right?)
Kyle: (Yup, and laugh harder if he loses his powers)
Siara: (Oh he won't lose them. He'll come dangerously close to losing his class though, since Raiden's presence kept his sanity relatively in check)
DM: (back, sorry 'bout that)
DM: (Kyle, your turn!)
Kyle: (That's the DM call when you cross the line and lose powers)
Kyle: (I'll peg the closest wolf number??)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Siara: (Wow, you nail the hit, flub the damage)
Kyle: (9 damage )
Kyle: (It's still x3 +3)
DM: (Wolf 1...)
DM: (... and you killed him!)
Siara: (Yeah, but a 5+ would have shredded the wolf with the tailwind alone xD)
Kyle: (Take aim and fire at the one near Rook)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (What bonus does taking aim give?)
Kyle: (+2 if I was aiming can't when Rapid firing, it's a full round, aiming is atleast a movement )
Kyle: (12 total bleh)
DM: (Ehh, miss)
DM: (Detail wolf 1's death - he's the alpha)
Kyle would grin seeing the bright light fill the room for a moment as Siara flame came to light. He dis-tested relying on such things, but it atleast made a good distraction letting Kyle steal the moment away from Siara felling the largest of the pack in a single shot- "And that.. is how you get it done."
DM: Wolf 3 gives a howl of anguish as the alpha is taken down and she leaps forward, avoiding Raiden and going straight for Kyle. She aims for his thigh...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (16?)
Kyle: (AC 18 with buckler)
DM: (Fancy legwork)
Kyle: "Ah ha!" - Kyle yells kicking the wolf in the face- "Back I say!"
DM: Wolf 4, having been hanging back whimpering about Kyle's initial attack, actually seems a little rejuvenated at the death of the alpha. He suddenly has a chance to rise up in his pack! So... he aims for the next male, Raiden.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (17)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: (5)
DM: (Back to Siara!)
Siara: (So he takes 5 damage?)
DM: (That's right, isn't it Kitt?)
Kyle changed name to Kyle (12 HP)
Siara: (o_O)
DM: (For some reason, when it comes to taking damage, I forget all the rules... -.-)
Kyle (12 HP): (Ya)
DM: (Okay. XD)
Kyle (12 HP): (Just bite D6 + Str Mod)
DM: (Yup, cool cool)
DM: (Siara! Go go go!)
Siara gasps as Raiden takes a hit, then glares at the wolf.
Siara: (What's the penalty for touch attacks?)
DM: (Kitt?)
Siara: (Or is there one?)
DM: (Touch AC for the wolves is 12...)
Kyle (12 HP): (You give attacks of opptuntiy normally. But ehh. Beside that, you only need to hit his Touch AC)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (Dang, roller hates me again)
Kyle (12 HP): (BA + Str Mod)
DM: (You flail your arms angrily at the wolf! )
Siara: (Where the hell is BA?)
Kyle (12 HP): (Base Attack)
Siara: (I said where, not what)
Kyle (12 HP): link me
DM: (You can find it on all your weapons under 'Base')
Siara: (http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
DM: (+1)
Kyle (12 HP): (bio)
DM: (have fun!)
Siara: (I'm making a touch attack with my hands, so it's not a weapon mod.)
DM: (It's still your base attack)
DM: (The touch is the weapon)
Siara: (Alright then)
Siara: (9 then)
DM: (Ehh, shame... you just flail your arms angrily, I guess!)
Siara rushes to Raiden's side, sweeping his arm low in an attempt to land a flaming hit on W4, but misses, crouching beside Raiden, ready for another swing.
Kyle (12 HP): (The spell isn't wasted normally too, intill you land a touch )
DM: Rooke moves to Kyle's side and swings at W3 with his greatsword.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Kyle (12 HP): (str mod is 150%)
Kyle (12 HP): (on two-handers)
Raiden joined the chat
Kyle (12 HP): (I just lost ya didn't I? xD)
DM: Rooke slams the greatsword into the wolf's side, slicing a gaping slash from the wolf's hip to shoulder. She howls in pain, eyes bugging as she starts to pant from the trauma. (Yup, basically!)
Kyle (12 HP): (What's his str mod?)
DM: (3)
Kyle (12 HP): (2D6 + 4 damage.. Cause anything you swing with both hands gets your Str mod, + Another 50% rounded down. So half of 3 is 1.5, so its 1 + 3 = +4)
Kyle (12 HP): (I feel like I'm in math class.)
DM: (Whoa, okay... I'll take it into account next swing. He should have killed W3 with that swing, but never mind!)
DM: (But you're the one winning, so be grateful!)
Kyle (12 HP): (who's turn?)
DM: Angel notches another arrow to the string before firing at Wolf 2 who is at Raiden's side snarling angrily at him.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: She totally botches up.
DM: (Raiden!)
DM: (Raiden has W2 on one side, W4 on another.)
Raiden: (Which one attacked him first, W4?)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (W2 attacked him first, then W4 when he decided that with W1 gone, he could be alpha if he could get rid of the remaining male, Raiden.)
Kyle (12 HP) spares a moment watching Angel take aim and let loose another wild shot- "Angel! Exhale when you release, don't hold your breath!"
Siara: (So many bad hits, I think this roller is trolling us)
Kyle (12 HP): (Siara is just emotion right now, his doggy got hurt )
DM: Angel laughs lightly, shaking her head. "I blame you! You're totally mucking up my shots flashing that grin my way all the time!"
Shea: (im guessing it's not usually THIS bad?)
Raiden: (That's debateable)
DM: (No... usually the players win a bit sooner. )
Kyle (12 HP): (I never have a problem )
Raiden tries to nip at W4's legs, but the wolf manages to lift his paw before his jaws can close.
DM: Wolf 2 goes in for a grapple on Raiden, grabbing at his scruff with her teeth... (Strength rolls)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (10)
DM: (I reckon the roller likes Kyle more than the rest of us.)
Shea: (yeah obviously. lol.)
Kyle (12 HP): (I have no idea when my turn is xD)
DM: (Siara, Rooke, Angel, Raiden, Wolf 2, Kyle, Wolf 3 - nearest to Kyle and Rooke, Wolf 4)
DM: (Yours now!)
DM: (or wait, no)
DM: (Raiden! Do a strength roll!)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Raiden: (............)
DM: (The dice are in your favor *little bow*)
Kyle (12 HP): Careful notches another arrow using Rook as a distraction to take a step back away from the wolf dieing at his feet, and pulling his bow up and taking aim with a sly grin- "Oh? Am I that distracting? Try keeping your eye on your target then, instead of me next time then.. heh" (5ft step back, taking a shot at W2)
Raiden: (For once. Do I add anything?)
Kyle (12 HP): (you resisted the grapple, so nothing happens. But normally you add Str mod + BA)
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: W2's teeth slide over Raiden's scruff, not causing any damage as she misses. She growls angrily.
DM: (Dam?)
Kyle (12 HP): (23?)
DM: (You hit, dam?)
Kyle (12 HP): (23 to hit, damage...)
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Kyle (12 HP): (5)
DM: (Detail death.
DM: (*insert manic laughter with that smiley*)
Kyle (12 HP): As the two wolfs tumbled about biting and snapping at each other, Kyle could see whatever was happening it had Siara. So Kyle thought it was time to end there little alpha fight. With his step back, quick jest with Angel, and a simple release he let loose a true shot pegging the right wolf dead in mid tumble- "Ayh! Did I get the right one Knifey ear?!"
DM: (So, wait... you're aiming for who?)
Kyle (12 HP): (I was shooting the W2 the one that was grappling with Raiden)
Siara: (W2, not the one that was trying to kill Rai)
DM: (W4 - male, W3 - injured female near Kyle, W2 - female attacking Rai)
Siara: (Well, I guess they both are, actually...)
Siara snorts. "One of them, yes."
DM: (Okay, that's not a death, sorry... I thought you were aiming for W3)
Kyle (12 HP): (still shot it)
DM: (Yup! Still did it 5 dam!)
Kyle (12 HP) curses acting like he missed his real target Raiden- "Damn.."
Kyle (12 HP): (ROUND)
DM: W3, weak as she is with the large bloody slit down her side, lunges at Kyle's leg.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Miss)
DM: Wolf 4, getting nervous as he notices how near W3 is to death, but wanting to keep up this alpha fight, continues to attack Raiden. He lunges at the dog's throat.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Meh!)
DM: (back to Siara!)
Siara: (Try this one more time)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (15)
DM: (Hit)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Siara: (7)
DM: (Damage on...?)
Siara: (Christ, finally)
Siara: (W4)
DM: (Detail attack?)
DM: (He's still going)
Siara: (That's what I needed to hear)
DM: (Detail attack?)
Siara: (writing)
Siara grins and absorbs the flaming magic into his hands, then quickly grabs the head of the wolf that hurt Raiden. "Ha!!" Without giving it a chance to respond, he dispels the magic as a fiery blast between his hands, setting the wolf's head on fire. "No one hurts my dog and escapes unscathed..."
DM
Wolf 4 howls in agony, shaking his head and shutting his eyes tightly as he attempts to get the fire out. He rolls, managing to subdue the flames, but his face and head is a blistering mass of boils, the fur patchy and singed. He inches his eyes open and whimpers, starting to get a little uncertain about this fight.
Rooke brings down his blade on the injured female at his feet (W3)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Weee, chaos for everyone!)
DM: The blade slices cleanly through the female wolf's throat, her head rolling off to the side, sightless eyes gazing at nothing. Rooke kicks the head away and readies his blade in case he has to step in to the alpha fight.
DM: (Angel's turn!)
Siara: (And now that spell is over, so three lv0 and two lv1 left)
DM: Sighing softly, Angel notches another arrow to her bow, aiming before firing at W2.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle (12 HP): "Remember what I told ya sweet cheeks!"
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Shea: (c'mon angel!)
DM: The arrow flies true and socks Wolf 2 in the snout. She howls, baring her teeth and shaking her head to try and get the arrow free, but finds it impossible. Angel glances over at Kyle and sends him a sweet smile before readying another arrow.
DM: (Whoo! Finally!)
DM: (Raiden, W2, Kyle, W4, Siara, Rooke, Angel)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Siara: (What's the wolf AC?)
DM: (14)
Kyle (12 HP): (You can't ask xD)
DM: (Ehh, I've already said several times. )
Raiden: (Because I rolled 13 on grapple)
DM: (That'd be a miss)
Kyle (12 HP): (what kind of bow is she using? )
Raiden attempts to rear up and pin W4 down, but misses by a hair. Or maybe several hairs.
DM: (Angel? Shortbow)
DM: W2, still struggling with the arrow in her snout, lashes out at Siara in frustration and anger, her teeth lashing out at his wrist.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (17)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: (Take 2 damage, Siara, if your AC is 17 or less...)
Siara: (15)
DM: (You have a nice doggy-shapped bite on your wrist now.)
Kyle (12 HP): "You missed it's head Angel heh.. And this is what I call the perfect shot.."
Kyle (12 HP): (shooting W2)
Siara growls as he feels the teeth sink into his wrist, grinning slightly. "Better me than Raiden..."
DM: (Mm-kay!)
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle (12 HP): (24)
DM: (Definite hit)
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle (12 HP): (6)
DM: (Kill! Detail W2's death.)
Kyle (12 HP): (Dice to hit __ + Dex +3 + Base Attack +2 + Aiming (Move Action) +2 + Point Blank Shot +1 + Weapon Focus (Long Bow) +1)
Kyle (12 HP): Just simply leads the wolfs and releases pinning the poor thing in the neck, dropping it lifelessly.
Kyle (12 HP): (that's all my bonuses to hitting that last shot, just so you know Kate)
Siara swings his arms to the side, dislodging it unceremoniously from his wrist and rubbing at the holes gently.
Siara: (arm*)
DM: W4 stares dumbly as W2 drops lifeless to the ground. His eyes move to the alpha's dead body, then the dismembered body of W3... then to Raiden. He has a moment of indecision before suddenly dropping to the ground and rolling onto his back. His paws touch the air softly and he gives Raiden the most terribly defeated expression as his tail curls between his legs in submission.
DM: (I believe you, Kitt. )
Shea: (he's raiden's bitch now.)
DM: (yup! If he stays alive... XD)
Kyle (12 HP): (Ya.. we killed a whole family of wolfs.. I feel so good about myself, wonders who's pets they were.. cause I bet there pissed now)
Kyle (12 HP): (Won't lie.. lost track of arrows, started with 17.. Umm Kate how many do I have now?)
DM: (Sorry... I just had to bring in their attachment for one another, didn't I? )
DM: (You shot off... 3 or 4.)
Kyle (12 HP): (I think 6..)
DM: (Uhhhmmm... you count then!)
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 61
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 65
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 24
Siara tilts his head as he looks to the wolf, then looks back at the others. "Don't kill it. He knows when he's beaten."
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 68
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 92
Kyle (12 HP) rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 72
Kyle (12 HP) happily finds out five of his arrows are still useable!
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 60
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 57
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 26
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 100
DM: (... no fair)
Kyle (12 HP): (That arrow is lucky)
Kyle (12 HP): (You just rolled a 100 out of 100)
DM: Angel goes about collecting her arrows, plucking them from the ground. The only one she couldn't retrieve was the one that went so far up W2's nasal cavity she couldn't yank it out.
DM: (Haha! It was most likely the one she completely botched up with...)
DM: (Why, look! This is in perfect condition! I think this is the one I simply dropped...)
Kyle (12 HP): (You mean dropped?)
DM: (it's lucky!)
Siara: (Gonna try something a bit unorthodox)
DM: (... why do I suddenly feel scared?)
Siara: (Unorthodox based on his recent sadism)
DM: (Hmmm....)
Kyle (12 HP): (FYI I will have to leave any moment my replacement walks in)
DM: (Aw, okay)
Kyle (12 HP): (so ahead of time, all fun and cool to have Shea hang out with us during. But I'm still here for now)
Siara pats Raiden, glad that he's still alive, then exhales deeply, his eyes glowing deep green, passing the spell's power to Raiden as well. "Rai, would you be a dear and ask if the wolf has seen any gold around here?"
Siara: (Communicate With Animals)
DM: The wolf remains in it's submissive posture, the whites of it's eyes showing and blinking rapidly, touching it's tongue to its nose as it stares fearfully at Raiden and Siara.
Kyle (12 HP): (Good luck, I hate this spell, full of stupid things. Also the animal is still a animal so it may not even know what gold is xD)
DM
Angel slips the last of her gathered arrows into her quiver before glancing at Kyle and smirking. "Told you I'd figure out how to shoot the thing without you grinning at me all the time with that crazy huge smile."
"It's like a bloody beacon," Rooke agrees. "Even I'm a bit distracted by it..."
Raiden nods and pads over to the wolf, sitting in front of him. As he speaks, it sounds like nothing more than growling. We're not going to hurt you more than you have been. We're looking for something called gold... It's shiny and it's cold, tastes really weird if you eat it... Have you seen anything like that around here? Farther in?"
Raiden: (Yeah, I'm aware of that. That's why I tried to dumb down the description.)
Kyle (12 HP): (xD Kate if you only knew how badly I want to say Draaaaaaveen)
DM: (I wish I got the reference!)
Kyle (12 HP) kinda puffs out his chest and smiles- "Wow really even you Rook? I didn't know my smile was that good.." -he just keep smiling
DM: The wolf rolls onto it's feet but keeps it's head low and tail between its legs as it whimpers. Two-legs pick at it like scabs. Give us food to keep us away while they itch the rock.
Kyle (12 HP): cya
Shea: (i can just imagine this big, ridiculouslly goofy smile whenever kyle grins)
DM: "Egh, gosh, boy, not like your ladyfriend here is meaning... but it takes up your whole face!" Rooke says with a grin of his own.
Siara: (That was a really good response)
DM: (Aw, bye Kitt!)
Shea: (Bai, Kitt!)
DM: (Thank you! )
Siara: (See you at home)
Siara perks his ears up, hearing the response. It sounds so strange, but he can still understand it. He looks back at the others. "We're close."
DM: (Finish up now? This has been fun. )
DM: (Next time, you should get... TWO-LEGS LOOT!)
Raiden nods. "Would you... like to come with us? My two-leg can heal you and take care of you for a while."
Raiden: (Temporary partner, not permanent pet)
DM: The wolf shyly looks at Raiden's two-leg, whites of his eyes still showing as he glances over at the others, then shivers. "Other two-legs there killed my sire. Rightful Alphas. I will do as you and they say."
Raiden looks back at Siara, his tail wagging happily.
Shea: (I'm going to bed, too.)
Siara: (Naito)
DM: (Nighty-night, Shea! Was fun having you here!)
Shea: (Thanks for letting me sit in. I liked it, although I obviously didn't do anything xD I might have to do this more often, if you'll have me ;P)
DM: (Absolutely! Even have you as a player if you would like!)
Shea: (If you guys teach me how it all works, then definitely xD anyways, nighto)
DM: (night!)
Shea left the chat
DM: (*stretches and yawns sleepily* Other D&D tomorrow, Vex... I better get some sleep! XD!)
Siara grins, hearing the wolf. "As Raiden says, we're not going to hurt you. You don't have to stay with us, but we will protect you if you do." He holds out an uncharged hand for the wolf to smell and become acquainted with his scent
Siara: (Alright, we can finish it tonight or Sunday, depending on Quake and Guilt)
DM: (Yup! If they don't feel like playing, we've always got this! And Sunday... I can actually do that this week, MAYBE... it's Labor Weekend, so your Sunday - my Monday - is free.)
Siara: (Alrighty, see you then)
DM: (Nighty-night!)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 5 (21st October 2012)

DM cleared the room
DM: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... Bottom of this
DM sits down and bounces a rock up and down in her hand.
Siara grins and fills his hand with bright green light, speaking to the wolf. "Come closer so I can heal you, if you please."
DM: The wolf flinches as the light grows in Siara's palm, but reluctantly steps nearer, his tail still between his legs. He blinks his eyes shut, occsaionally peeking to see what's happening. His face is a macabre mess at this point, having gotten the brunt of Siara's fireball earlier, blood caked dry over his snout.
Siara: (Guess I should roll for healing, shouldn't I...)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Siara: (6)
Siara sighs softly, waving his hand slowly over the wolf's head and muzzle, imbuing it with restorative magic that repairs the worst of the burns, leaving only a few tender spots, and regrowing a majority of the singed fur. "Sorry about earlier, but you did attack my dog."
DM: The wolf licks his tongue over his face, feeling the new fur and searching for injuries. He shakes his head, unused to the feeling of restorative magic and softly wags his tail in thanks to Siara before he resumes a submissive pose, his head and body close to the ground as he waits for something to happen. His eyes still show whites.
Oaklen changed name to Kyle
Kyle changed name to (12 HP) Kyle
(12 HP) Kyle: (What's goin on?)
Siara nods and stands back up, looking back to the party. "We're in the right place. He says the gold is farther in. He'll also be traveling with us for a while, so don't hurt him. Anything you want to ask before the spell wears off?"
DM: (Continuing on)
DM: Rooke scratches at the back of his neck. "Uhm, how's a wolf know what gold is?"
(12 HP) Kyle simply points to Rooke
(12 HP) Kyle changed name to Kyle
Siara tilts his head. "Untrained animals wouldn't know of our names for things, so it wouldn't know gold if we called it gold. But by offering a description that matches the item - cold, shiny, and bad tasting - chances are it will know. Now, anything you want to ask the wolf?"
DM
Rooke glances at the others, screws up his face and gives a shrug. "I... feel really awkward right now. There's plenty of stuff I'd like to ask an animal, but now probably isn't the best time, if I'm guessing right."
Angel smiles a little and shakes her head.
Kyle groans a bit rotating his right shoulder feeling the sharp needles of pain flare up at the movement, then laying his hand over his chainvest- "Well good thing Mr. Keefer gave this vest before leaving camp." -he would say to himself bending down to pluck free his arrows, and wipe them off the wolfs coats- "Nope.. nothing, just if anything else is down there? It's not common to have a fur laying on the floor for a abandon mine."
DM: "Mm," Angel agrees, tossing a glance at the fur rug. "I didn't think wolves were sophisticated enough to decorate their homes..." The fur rug appears to be made from a bear's skin, a little ragged, not well-made, but it serves it's purpose. Whatever its' purpose is.
Siara "Ah, true." He turns back to the wolf. "Is there anything else in the mine that we should be worried about? Also, do you know where this bear pelt came from?"
DM: The wolf whimpers for a moment, his eyes rolling, then yips lightly. "Beast-heads brought the bear skin in for us with their meat. Near the gold, a two-leg like you is with the beast-heads. We let them pass not a cycle ago."
Kyle: (Vex it's also x2 IP day, only for for today.)
Siara crosses his arms, thinking. "Two-legs... and beast-heads...?" He shakes his head slowly. "Thank you, I think we can find it now. Would you care to come with us?"
Siara: (Alright, we can play hard when you get home)
Kyle: (Round)
DM
The wolf is reluctant, but a positive flick of its tail suggests that it may come along. Rooke claps his hands and steps into the room. "Right! Moving on then!"
The room is maybe 20 ft x 30 ft, hewn from the rock. The rug is the only piece of 'furniture', but there are broken pieces of wood over in the corner indicating that a table might have once stood there. On the wall opposite the door you came through is an archway leading off into the dark - beside it is a bucket filled with pebbles.
Siara "Looks like our path is clear." He looks down to the wolf, using the last of the spell's power. "I'll just remind you that you don't have to stay with us if you don't want to." He reaches down to refresh the Light spell on Raiden, then heads into the darkness.
DM
The path no longer goes downhill and the floor is not so much rock as it is soil. Support beams have been set up every couple of feet, obviously indicating a less stable passageway - still, it looks sturdy enough. As you move, you start to hear the faint sounds of a pick being thrown into stone. The wolf moves out ahead of Siara and Raiden, keeping his head and tail low as he wanders.
Soon, you realize why he has taken lead - pathways start to open up off the passage you are currently on. Several are caved in, others go uphill, some downhill, but the majority just lead off into echoing darkness. The wolf keeps to the main passageway for a few long minutes.
Siara looks around at the different passages, keeping his distance from the wolf so he doesn't feel threatened. Raiden trots happily along beside him, tail wagging. He perks his ears up as he hears the sound of a pick at work, keeping his hands by his hips in case he needs to draw his blades quickly.
DM: (I'll wait for Kyle. )
Siara: (Good idea)
Kyle coughs as the stale air invades his lungs, but keep his eyes open for anything coming out of the extra tunnels leading off in every direction with his bow notched. While walking he keep a surely grin covering his true feelings as the group plunged ever deeper into this trap.- "I hope that blacksmith iisn't out to kill us.. It'ld be pretty easy to trap us in here and let us rot.. So any luck yet Siara?" (Listen check)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara "Any luck with what? The wolf has give us his cooperation for now, if that's what you mean..."
Kyle "I would hope you would keep a eye out for the gold, consider in the end that is still just a wolf leading us around in the dark.."
DM: You can only hear the picking of stone, but it echoes everywhere so it is difficult to tell where exactly it is coming from. The wolf seems to know where he's going though and stops at a passageway, halting at the entrance as he glances fearfully at the others. He lies down on the ground, eyes shifting between them - obviously he believes that their goal is down this passage.
DM: .
Siara sighs. "Sweetie, even in raw form, gold is still shiny, and there's six of us now. Surely one of us would see a sparkle reflected from Raiden's light." He glances down to the wolf, seeing that he's stopped. "I believe this is our destination."
Kyle: (I'm not checking that entrance, I'm in the back)
DM: You hear nothing behind you.
DM:
DM: Rooke brushes past the others into the passageway and glances at it - it doesn't seem to go downhill or uphill, keeping fairly level. "So, any particular way we want to do this? There are others here, obviously... do you think they'll object to our presence?"
Kyle waves off Siara comment keeping his back to a wall as he talks- "I highly doubt it, I mean we only can stomping to steal there gold and kill there pets for some random bar of gold. Ya.. I'm sure they'll be fine with it."
DM: Rooke brandishes his sword. "Well, then... I guess we want to have the element of surprise?"
Kyle shrugs- "Depends how nice we want to ask them to leave.."
Kyle: (Siara you feel like sneaking ahead of the group with your pup and doing stuff?)
DM: Angel is fingering one of her horns, remaining quiet as she watches Siara. She seems to be mulling something over in her head, her eyes slightly off-focus and her teeth nibbling at her lower lip. Rooke glances between the others of the group.
Raiden joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Siara "If you want the element of surprise... Light's Out." He lifts his right hand and snaps his fingers, extinguishing Raiden's light. "We'll be right back. Raiden, if you please."
DM: (*dies from being burnt by her food*)
Raiden nods at Siara's words, crouching low and inhaling deeply, slowly, drawing in nearby scents, then creeps forward into the darkness. (Scenting)
Raiden: (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Scent )
Kyle: (I do really good if my group has alot skills)
Siara draws his blades and looks back to the group. "If you see a flare, follow quickly." Taking a low stance, he stalks into the darkness behind Raiden.
Kyle stares at his hand watching it vanish into the darkness as he takes a quick step closer to Angel and Rooke- "Well isn't this just great.. I'm blind, in completed darkness.. and armed with a ranged weapon.. Yup, nothing can wrong here.." -he would whisper openly
Kyle "Oh and wounded, lets not forget that.."
DM
The path is straight for a couple of meters, then it turns sharply to the right. A light source is in the room ahead, candles maybe by the way the light flickers on the walls. Raiden would be able to smell the dry earth, stone, and the scent of a familiar creature (human and elf, or maybe a half-elf), along with the scents of two different creatures - they smell very similar to one another. If he turns the corner, he would be able to see into a room - it is hewn from rock, small slivers of gold dust on the path and veins shining in the stone walls.
In the room, a half-elf stands. She has predominantly human features with a strong nose and jaw but with elvish ears and a slim physique. The two other creatures in the room appear to be humanoids with the heads of hyenas. One is male, the other female - the male is chipping at the stone and tossing the occasional lump of rock into a nearby bucket. He growls in an unknown language and the half-elf laughs before responding in Common. Her voice echoes through the tunnel.
"Aha, well... you're the strongest of us three and we only need a little, plus, I'm keeping watch."
The female lifts her snout, adjusting the breastplate of her leather armor and clutching at the sickle at her side. She speaks in Common, her voice heavily accented and deep with growls. "There is something other than a wolf in these tunnels... you are not keeping good watch, elf-kind. Perhaps you should patrol."
"Nah, you should. You're the one with the great nose, right?"
DM: Angel slips up beside Kyle and gently takes his hand. "I can see just fine in this darkness," she whispers to him. "And I might be able to heal your wounds... let me."
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (+8 hp)
Raiden 's hair rises slightly as he picks up the sent of creatures ahead, letting out a soft, short "rrr" as a warning.
Kyle: (Sweeet Siara about to get killed, get'em!)
DM: (You're back up to full hp, Kyle)
Kyle would be caught completely off guard yelping almost gripping her hand tight when he feels the surge of energy fire up his arm.- "Ahh! Woah ya can't jus.. ehhh" -he shivers feeling magic melding his flesh- "Gess.. Don't care much for that feeling, but thanks.. I thought you were a angel didn't know I'ld be that right.."
Kyle: (Wooo full hp)
DM: (Do a roll for stealth!)
DM: (Your yelp might have been heard)
Kyle: (who?)
Siara: (What, me?)
DM: (Kyle)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (12)
DM: Your yelp was quiet enough that the creatures didn't hear you.
Siara: (Still writing, debating just how to handle this)
Kyle: (Damn I wanted to fail that)
DM
Angel softly laughs, then squeezes his hand. "I'm sorry... I'll ask next time."
Rooke hisses at the two of them. "If you two are done flirting, can someone hold my hand too? I can't see. Uhm... oh, that's your hand, Angel? Okay, cool..."
DM: (heh!)
Raiden: (What do you think Kitt, should I try to talk to the monsters first, or go back and get everyone? xD)
DM: ( http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HfRIOzeUNHE/Te... You wanna talk to this thing, eh?)
Kyle "Woah now watch it.. Not sure who's touch my rear but I'ld like dinner first atleast.. heh"
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HfRIOzeUNHE/Te4ZxxdERxI/AAAAAAAACrQ/ZIk04Na1xgc/s400/gnoll_wizardsdotcom.jpg

Kyle: (Go Talk to it!)
Siara: (He's a druid, he's seen some weird shit)
Kyle: (I can't help but think Kyle is just staring at a wall, thinking it's where Rook and Angel are xD)
DM: (Most likely. Angel's getting a kick outta people not being able to see. And true, Siara...)
Siara hears Raiden's warning and presses his back to the wall as they approach the corner, peering around it carefully. Spotting the human and the elf, he relaxes, but then shivers when he sees the creatures with hyena heads. "...beast-heads. I get it now." He sheaths one blade, building up magic in his left hand, while keeping his right blade out, trying to look nonthreatening but still as if he's an adventurer, and walks around the corner slowly, Raiden close behind him. "Hello? I see a light ahead. Is anyone there? I got kinda lost down here... Can someone help me?"
Kyle: (rOUND)
DM
The half-elf looks disturbed as the voice comes out of the darkness, but the two creatures both face the entrance. The male has a warhammer which he prepares to draw while the female draws the sickle from her belt. She calls out, her voice guttaral in Common. "Yes, I am down here, and the best way to get unlost is to go back the way you came! Did the wolves not find you?"
The half-elf puts a hand up to the female creature. "Please, let me handle this intruder..." she softly requests before glancing into the darkness. "Reveal yourself, then we will talk."
DM: .
Siara grits his teeth, not wanting to make himself so vulnerable so soon, but sheathes his sword and takes a few steps forward, turning Raiden's light on enough to reveal his position. "I was commissioned to find some gold for a blacksmith, and then pointed in this direction. There were some wolves a ways back, yeah, but we got past them with a few bites... I've been wandering around down here for a while since then, with no luck. I bear you no ill will, I simply seek to collect some gold and get out of here. Would you happen to know where I might find some?"
DM
The male looks at the bucket of ore he's been working on, then growls low in his throat. "Why don't you tryyy upstairs once more, eh? Go back to the wolllllvvves, asssk them directions. Or did you slaaaay them?"
"He reeks of wolf, of course he did," the female says, baring her teeth at Siara.
The half-elf puts a hand out on the female's shoulder. "Please, Eruth, I said I would handle this!" She stares at the two beasts until they begrudgingly lower their hands from their weapons. The half-elf turns to Siara, her sharp eyes taking him in. "We are mining for gold ourselves... my companions would find it best if you left until we have collected our fill. They are... unpredictable creatures, and I would not be surprised to find your head upon that sickle of Eruth's if I turned my back but for a second. Please leave."
DM: You see only a dagger at the half-elf's side and have a feeling she isn't very competent with it. Despite wearing armor, she doesn't seem the type that actually knows what she's doing in a fight.
DM: The female creature has her sickle and a whip at her side. The male has the warhammer and a dagger at his own side.
DM: .
Siara: (almost done xD)
DM: ( )
Siara blinks. "Sharp senses..." Scanning over the party quickly, he takes notes, twitching his ears when his gaze catches the female's dagger, then looking at her for a split second more. "...hmm." He bows respectfully. "As you wish. My apologies for the wolves, I had no choice but to defend myself. I will return later." He snaps his fingers again, turning Raiden's light off, then creeps backwards around the corner, keeping an eye on them for as long as possible. Once he's around the corner, he turns and picks up speed, dashing back to the group. He skids to a halt when Raiden grunts again, turning the light back on when he's out of range of the room, then leans against the mouth of the tunnel for a moment to catch his breath.
Siara: (But seeing those creatures was a shock.)
DM: Angel blinks sullenly at Siara. "What happened down there? Are we going to have to fight our way down?" she asks. She's still holding both Kyle and Rooke's hands - Rooke looking increasingly uncomfortable both with the girl's age and with the creepy sensations tingling over his hand and arm and into his bones.
DM: (But or bet? )
Raiden: (He's a druid, he's seen some weird shit. But seeing those creatures was a shock.)
Siara: (I'll wait for Kyle too, see how he responds to Siara's state.)
DM: (Heh heh, okay)
Siara: (He'd probably get a kick out of it, at the least.)
Kyle Kyle fumbled about Angel's arm to get pointed in the right direction, he can't seem to find a way of making excuses for his hands being lost as long as she keeps ahold of his right hand.- "Damn..." -he would whisper emptily to himself, till the panic sight and low light come into view that was Siara.- "So guessing the hunt went well? What ya find, a cave troll or something? You like you seen a ghost, heh.." -he said chuckling a bit before stopping half-way as he almost tripped
Kyle: (There we go, perfect!)
DM: (haha! Poor Kyle...)
DM: Angel gently releases Kyle and Rooke's hands as Raiden's light returns. Rooke seems visibly relieves and subconsciously rubs at his fingers as if they had gone numb with discomfort from being in Angel's strange grasp.
Siara takes a deep breath and holds it for a moment before exhaling slowly to normalize his breathing. "I'm not sure if it's better or worse than cave trolls of ghosts... It's a hume, a half-elf, and two hyena beastmen." He takes another few seconds to let his heart return to normal, then starts sharing info. "The elf only has a dagger, and even though she seemed like the leader of the group, she didn't seem like she's battle-worthy. The hume had the pick that we heard. The beastmen... One of them had a whip and a sickle, the other had a warhammer. I think they bought it when I said that it was only me and Raiden down here, but they know the wolves are dead." He shakes his head. "We shouldn't fight them."
DM: (A hume? Oh, how'd he randomly get in there? DAMN MY WRITING sometimes... never mind! I'll quickly make up a CS. )
Kyle: (What I thought there was only 3 of them?)
DM: (Yeah, there were. I accidentally put in mention of a human when describing Raiden's senses...)
DM: (There was only meant to be a half-elf, the two creatures.)
Siara: (Whoops. xD)
DM: (The male creature had the pick. I forgot to mention he dropped it when he turned, so... my bad too. XD)
DM: (Just pretend you didn't mention the hume. Let's go! )
DM: Rooke frowns, folding his arms across his chest. "Hyena-... you mean gnolls? Just two of them and a half-elf? Why shouldn't we fight them?"
Kyle takes a step forward shaking his hand as he speaks when Angel lets go- "So your telling me we shouldn't fight them cause they are indeed kind, just people? Or do you just forget who your traveling with?" -he turns and nudges Angel- "Angel what's in your pack, same for you Rook?" -he says, seeming to have a idea
Kyle: (Sorry Kate, but I want to know what they have on them xD)
DM: (Ohhhh dear... )
DM: (okay, okay... lemme get my act together. )
Raiden looks up. "You might have no sense of danger, but I do. They're not 'kind and just', but they have no inhibition to killing. If the half-elf hadn't told them to back off, they would have killed me and Raiden without a second thought."
Raiden: (Just roll with it.)
Kyle: (xD)
Raiden: (Got distracted by my new music addiction)
Kyle rubs his chin petting Raiden- "I always knew you were smarter then the elf.." ))
Siara reaches over to take a swipe at Kyle.
DM
(Okay, okay, I'll try not to laugh at the dog talking! XD) Rooke takes his pack down, moving closer to the dog so he can get better light. He removes the items one by one. First, the metal container with the moose meat in it (now freshly salted), a coil of hempen rope about 50 ft long, a change of clothes, a small pot, a small wooden box with a lid, a waterskin, a book, and a vial of clear fluid. Plus his bedroll and the tent attached by straps to his pack.
Angel has much less in her small pack, not even a bedroll. She has three small vials carefully wrapped up in linen tucked away within her pack, a small book and charcoal carefully wrapped up in linen similar to the vials. She also has a hair comb.
DM: "Why are we doing this?" Rooke asks, glancing at the items spread out on the floor before them.
Kyle: (are there any old lamps or barrels laying around?)
DM: (Nope. Pretty barren place.)
DM: (You could go looking down the other passages and stuff...)
Kyle shrugs- "Just wondering.." -he says, refusing to claim it was anything else
Kyle: (Nah Kyle is too lazy to try anything right now, maybe later)
Siara crosses his arms. 'Well then, what do you suggest we do."
DM: Angel raises an eyebrow and starts packing her stuff away. Rooke takes a moment longer before packing his own stuff away. He stops, confused about the wooden box and pops it open to look inside. "Oh, look at that... I've picked up smoking again within the time I don't remember. This might actually explain the cravings..."
Kyle holds up a single finger looking down a bit- "So Siara did they look even close to done getting any gold atleast?
Siara shakes his head. "Not really, no. I didn't get a very good look, at how much they had, but there was plenty on the walls."
Kyle snaps his fingers with a grin- "All too easy.. We kill two birds with one stone.." -he steps back looking down the way they came and back tracking a bit to pull up the bear's hide and neatly start rolling quickly before coming back- "Easy.. we let them finish collecting our gold, while me and Angel prop up right here.." -he says lining out his shot- "And wait in the darkness till we see there lights, and drop'em as soon as they come in view.."
Siara blinks. "You really want to provoke a fight we might not win?"
Siara: (Is the wolf still hanging around?)
DM: (Yup, still lying there)
Kyle he then unrolls the bears hide on the ground, and lays down with his legs propped up and longbow in hand.- "Not win, isn't in my vocab.. Why you that worried? I mean in the end it's better then waiting for them to get all the gold and leave.. Screw that.."
Kyle: (Yes my plan is to wait here, lazily with my bow ready in the complete darkness and Angel with me and Rooke and Siara on each side of the entrance for a ambush.)
DM
Rooke is quiet for a moment, then softly chuckles. "They're gnolls! Have the lot of you never gone up against them? They'll smell you a mile off - they can probably smell the lot of us now with us having lingered about so long chatting about this! Plus, just two gnolls... it's not like there's a whole gang or tribe down there, is it?"
"It's odd for gnolls to be here," Angel softly says. "If that's what they indeed are. Usually they stick to the mountains."
Siara shrugs in an exasperated fashion, then shakes his head slowly. "You're crazy, hume..." He lifts his left hand, still charged with magic. "You want me to speed this along?"
Kyle "No I'm not worried, but I'm tired.. and plus this is alot safer and we don't have to mine the gold our self.. If you really want I'll make sure we win, hand me your tent bag Rooke.." -he says standing up and unrolling his rope
Kyle: (Speed what along?)
DM: "Don't you go ripping any holes in it," Rooke says as he hands over the tent bag, keeping his pack.
Siara: (I have three lv0 spells left for the day, I can use one of them to try to draw them out with flares.)
DM: "Can gnolls see in the dark?" Angel softly asks.
Kyle snaps his fingers at Raiden- "Hey pup.. do me a favor.. piss on the floor, that'll most likely cover any chance they have of smelling us. And ya, they do see in the dark but it's a blind corner, we'll still get the jump on them. Plus we're bait.." -he says, moving the way the gnolls would come.
Kyle: (Kate.. I want to do stuff)
DM: (DO ETT THEN!)
Kyle: (OK!)
Raiden tilts his head at Kyle, not quite understanding, then looks to Siara for a command.
DM: (I'm actually very surprised you guys haven't already gone screaming at them...)
Siara resists the urge to swat Kyle for bossing his dog around, then tilts his hand toward Raiden.
Raiden nods and dims his light, then scurries a few steps into the tunnel, leaving a few puddles of piddle before rushing back up.
Kyle takes his time removing the tent spikes use to nail into the ground, and places two of them promptly to keep the rope close to the wall as he ties one end to the most sturdy post he can find, and dragging the other end to Rooke handing him the rope before walking back to the bear rug with his bow in hand- "See there we go.. They come in, they see me and Angel.. we shoot'em.. they rush out or get ballsly you yank on the rope, they trip and Siara gets to chop some heads off.. All good."
Kyle: (Does that make sense? If your going to let me do this?)
DM: (Yup, I get it!)
Kyle "Cause I'm guessing once they get hit with a couple arrows they ain't going to be looking at the ground.. heh"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: Rooke looks at the rope in his hand, then shrugs. "They don't have any ranged weapons from what Siara said, so this could work easily."
Kyle: (12 for Craft: trapmaking! )
DM: (We'll go for it. )
Kyle waves Siara hand down- "Nah.. cause then we'll have to mine the gold.. plus they may mind more then we need, and then we get more.."
DM: .
Kyle: (Now we take a long a break laying on the ground in darkness till me and Angel see there candle light, the half-elf will still need to see)
Siara: (Should I lure them out with flare?)
DM: (If you do that, they may not have finished their work)
DM: (just say the word and timeskip)
Kyle: (^^ ROUND)
Siara rubs at his temples. "This is a crazy idea. Crazy, foolish, idiotic... and it just might work. Just tell me when to light em up..." He grins to himself, a tinge of the insanity slipping into his conscious mind as he rubs at his right hand, building up the magic needed for a flare.
DM
As the time crawls on by, the sounds of mining continuing, Angel softly sings to herself in varying languages - one Common, another Elvish, and the last most likely Infernal. When she sings in Infernal, you can all feel creepy shivers crawling up and down your spines - the wolf even appears a bit disconcerted and picks himself up before wandering back up the passage way towards the room where the fight with the wolves took place. Rooke eventually hisses at Angel to try singing in Common so they can actually understand what she's saying, but his real reason is all-too-evident seeing as the Infernal was obviously freaking him out.
Her words are soft, so the words are still difficult to make out, but she seems happy enough waiting for the gnolls and half-elf to finish up.
DM: (Any random chitchat with the NPCs while we wait for Kitt? )
Siara: (♫My boot-scootin' baby is driiivin' me crazy; my obsession from a Western - my dance floor date...♫)
Siara: (OH, before I forget again)
Siara
(This is the song that distracted me and made me post as Raiden earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK1goBxYU80 )
DM: (oooh, catchy!)
Kyle "I Impresses myself sometimes.. but only sometimes.." (also it was a 13 for Trapmaking)
Kyle: (Ready for time gap!)
Siara: (So I had a legit reason to not pay attention earlier xD)
DM: (Post above, Kyle ^)
Kyle: (Kyle ain't saying anything about her singing)
DM: (okay, 'ere it comes, then!)
Kyle: (That is some creepy shit)
Siara shivers as he hears Angel's song, grinning to himself. "So dark, so beautiful..."
Kyle: (So be honest did my plan surprise you Vex and Kate? xD)
Siara: (Yeah, actually it did)
DM: Angel falls silent as they all hear the rough voices of the gnolls and the softer voice of the half-elf. The half-elf is obviously bearing the candle and softly laughing at something one of the gnolls said in their own language. She rounds the corner, her head turned back while she's still grinning at whatever the gnolls said, and she has no chance of seeing her ambushers without that short while. (Yup! I really thought about absent-minded bloodbath was coming.)
Kyle: (Just think if I had some oil or lamps, or barrels of things.. or a couple of extra crossbows xD I swear I haven't done this before!)
DM: (I figured you were maybe looking to make an explosive at first...)
Kyle: (I was.. anything, would gave me enough time I would have used the blood from the wolfs to make a sick puddle they would have to walk through hah)
DM: (Evil evil!)
DM: Angel softly murmurs to Kyle, drawing back on her string. "Want to fell her?"
Kyle is waiting on Angel mark to fire at the same time- "Oh yes please.. I have a thing for ironic moments.."
Kyle: (we both attack roll her?)
DM: (ok)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Aww, I don't get to lure them out? xD)
Kyle: (no I want flat-footed Vex)
Kyle: ((17))
DM: (Both hit - no, but you can always throw a flare in their faces when they start running up!)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (12 damage)
DM: (Congratulations, we just shot a poor civvie with an hp total of 6. )
Kyle: (that's fine I got another going at the biggest Gnoll I can see)
DM: The half-elf never saw what hit her, one arrow imbedded in her head, the other in her throat as she suddenly slumps to the ground.
Siara holds up his right hand, glowing soft red with the built up magic. With a grin, he compresses the magic into his index, middle and ring fingers, ready to release the spell.)
DM: The female gnoll steps forward as the half-elf falls, a bark of surprise passing her lips. (Roll to hit, Kyle)
Kyle: (Can I rapid shot this next one?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (yup)
Kyle: (16 with the rapid shot)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle: (12 damage again)
DM: (This is still flat-footed, isn't it?)
Kyle: (>,>)
Kyle: (Ya, considering my rapid attack happens on the same round)
Kyle: (Hot damn, I just did 24 damage)
DM: (yup! Oh dear...)
Kyle: (well 12 damage to the Gnoll.. just saying I rolled a 8 both times for damage xD)
DM: The gnoll screams as the arrows pierce her chest. She falls back, scrabbling around the corner. She growls and speaks in her harsh language. The male peeks around the corner before pulling his head back. You can hear him pulling his greataxe from his shoulders.
DM: (Greathammer, sorry)
DM: (... warhammer.)
Kyle yells down the hallway- "What's goin on sweet cheeks? Ready to hand little old me my gold?"
Kyle: me* )
DM: You hear something that sounds like she's dissing your mother.
Siara: (Oh snap xD)
Siara holds his arm out in front of Kyle, speaking softly but powerfully. "It's bait. Don't fall for it."
Kyle: (So what's happening now? I'm not moving, I'm trash talking.)
DM: Angel glances at Kyle briefly before putting another arrow to her bow. "Looks like we've got a bit of a problem - they're just going to hole up down there, not charge us... they realize they're in a bottleneck within that tunnel."
Siara: (Siara isn't moving until Raiden signals that they're coming up to the entrance, then I'm gonna try to blind them.)
Kyle: (I'm still laying on the bear's skin with my legs kicked up, Kyle that comfy)
DM: (Question... daggers, can they be thrown?)
Siara: (Yeah, 10ft)
Kyle: (10ft yes, very short range)
DM: (Hm-kay... we're a bit far for that. I'd imagine 30 ft to the tunnel bend from the rug.)
Kyle "They ain't that smart.. to them they think there is only like.. two of us, me and the elf.."
DM: Kyle's prediction seems to be true as the male suddenly throws himself out from cover and races up the hall, his warhammer ready to slam into any who oppose him! (Initiative!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (Trash talk check?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Ooh, trash talk check? There's such a thing?)
Kyle: (Yes and no, but if he is running up the hallway, me and Angel get to release our readied actions right?)
Siara: (First I can't lure them, then I don't have time to pop a flare in his face before he leaves the hall. Great.)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (No, you have time if you roll above him.)
Kyle: (15 Initiative )
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (Score xD)
DM: (19 for Rooke, 19 for Angel, 13 for Kruk the Gnoll, and I haven't rolled for Eruth the Gnoll yet.)
Siara: (With initiative, I get 21)
Kyle whistles to signal Rooke!
DM: (Raiden?)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM: (Siara, Rooke, Angel, Kyle, Kruk, Raiden, Eruth)
Siara: (Awesome xD)
Kyle gives Angel a smug smile- "Isn't this a great spot to have a picnic?"
DM: "I've had better spots picked for me!" Angel chuckles as she readies her bow.
Kyle: (All sweet, doesn't Flare give them -1 to skill checks, and saves?)
DM: Rooke is getting ready to pull back on the rope as the gnoll barrels up the corridor, he nods to Siara.
Siara: (Yeah)
Kyle: (Sweet.. that means the reflex save for the rope will be at -1)
DM: (Flare Dazzles one creature, giving them -1 on attack rolls)
Kyle: ( A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks.)
DM: (Alrighty! Let's do this! )
Kyle: (oh well.. still)
Siara: (w)
DM: (It should do a penalty on saves, technically... HOMEBREW! -1 on saving throws, there we go!)
Kyle: (It's no biggy, I'm not that worried if this works or not. I think a rope trap requires a spot check to see it, and then like a DC 10 jump or just slowing down to walk over it. At this point I really don't care how you handle it. I just wanted to Kyle to be a smooth)
DM: (5 min brb!)
Siara holds up his right hand, glowing soft red with the built up magic. With a grin, he leans with his back against the wall next to the entrance to the tunnel. He calls out to them - "Sorry for deceiving you earlier." - then holds up three fingers, speaking softly, almost to himself as he listens to the gnoll's approach. "Three... Two... One..." He reaches his right hand out in front of the entrance, compressing all the magic into a single point an inch above his palm. "Showtime~♫" With a snap of his fingers, he releases the compressed magic, creating a brilliant flash of light directly in front of the gnoll as he's about to charge past.
Siara: (The opening to combat must be beautiful and set the stage for the rest of the performance, don'cha know~)
Kyle: (And to think, this was just with a tent.. I could made it into a net trap. Just wait till I get to buying random stuff with Kyle.)
Kyle: (Nice post also)
DM: (back!)
Kyle: (What's the save on Flare Vex?)
Siara: (Fortitude)
DM: (What am I aiming for?)
Kyle: (What do you cast off?)
Siara: (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Flare )
Kyle: (Kate this is a long formula for magic so just.. if you want to know it I can tell you but, you'll forget probly)
Kyle: (Druids cast off Wisdom, what's you wisdom mod?)
Siara: (+2)
DM: (Kruk's wisdom mod is +3)
Kyle: (( Base 10 + Caster Lvl 2 + Wisdom +2 + Spell Level +0.. so he needs a 14 Fort save to not be Dazed))
DM: (Okay, ta!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (oooh, no!)
DM: (21)
DM: (Wait, no, 20)
Kyle: (o,o damn.. that fort save is strong)
DM: (ya... 'tis)
Siara: (Christ, what level are these things?)
Kyle: (Doesn't matter we got this..)
DM: The gnoll shuts his eyes tightly as the light starts to flash before him, thus giving Rooke the opportunity to tug the rope as the beast continues to charge forwards.
DM: (We'll make it he needs a 15 ref save, how's that?)
Kyle: (sounds about right. ROUND)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (10 - trip him! YAY!)
Kyle: (Models prone have -4 AC, and are flat-footed I think)
Siara quickly retracts his hand so the gnoll doesn't try to take a blind swing at it.
DM: (Siara, Rooke, Angel, Kyle, Kruk, Raiden, Eruth)
DM: The gnoll trips over the rope as Rooke tugs the rope tightly. With a growl and a flail, Kruk rolls on the ground, lying prone on his back with his warhammer landing heavily on his chest as he rolls to a stop.
DM: (okay, so, lemme do the maths...)
DM: (Woah, nice low AC!)
DM: Rooke drops the rope, grabbing up his greatsword and swinging it down at Kruk's prone body.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (... damn.)
DM: Kruk managed to roll aside, dodging the sword as Rooke swung it down. He growls savagely, a green light in his eyes gleaming viciously.
Siara: (He misses and drives it into his own foot)
DM: (Haha! That would be so stupid... he's an experienced fighter! He knows better than that! But... maybe HE got dazzled... XD)
DM: Angel draws back on her bow's string before firing at Kruk.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: The arrow thonks into Kruk's shoulder but he pulls it out without even so much as a yelp.
DM: (Kyle, Kruk, Raiden, Eruth, Siara, Rooke, Angel)
DM: .
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (6 damage)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle: (8 to hit >,>)
DM: (Nup!)
Kyle: (I can never hit with that second shot. )
DM: (First got)
DM: Kruk takes one arrow to the side but manages to roll to avoid the next. He leaps to his feet and swings his warhammer at Rooke.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (10 dam)
Kyle: (That's what Rooke get's for missing on a down foe)
Kyle: (*cough* Crit.. *cough*)
DM: (He gets another go, doesn't he?)
Kyle: (xD Rooke should have died haha)
DM: (With a crit?)
Kyle: (No it's x2 or x3 damage so the 8 would be 16)
DM: (So 18... damn!)
DM: (he's low health!)
Kyle: (Kate do you want me to point out every rule or not?)
Kyle: (I don't care, I'm just asking for you. Otherwise I feel like I'm ruining your game)
DM: The warhammer slams up into Rooke's ribcage. He gasps in pain as ribs give way beneath the warhammer's onslaught and he stumbles back, holding his ribs, his face going pale.
DM: (No, it's useful!)
Kyle: (When Kruk stands up, because Rooke is right there in range, he gets a free attack as he stands.)
DM: (I don't know enough yet to get iffy with you! Plus, it's always good as a reminder seeing as I'd likely forget even after a few years of doing this!)
DM: (... you have got to be kidding me! He gets another attack?)
Kyle: (Rooke does.. )
Kyle: (Cause standing up is a attack of oppurtuntiy )
DM: (Ah, okay... we'll have to skip over that now, though. His turn was a few goes ago!)
DM: (For a second there I thought you meant Kruk got another attack!)
DM: (Raiden's turn!)
Kyle: (It happens out of turn, as soons as he gives the chance for Rooke to jump on him. But he fumbled so who cares!)
DM: About this time, Eruth, the female gnoll, is heading up the corridor after Kruk, going to help him out!
Kyle yells at the top of his lungs- "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"
DM: ( For you geeks http://www.deviantart.com/#/d5ihue1 )
DM: (SIARA?)
Siara: (sorry, was getting food)
Siara: (Can I attempt to trip the female as she comes running out?)
DM: (Yup!)
Raiden: (What are the rolls for that? Reflex save?)
Kyle: (And yup we both seen her art, Vex even got to play as her.. grrr)
Kyle: (Trip is a attack roll to hit first.)
Kyle: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Trip
DM: (See? I don't know this stuff. I need to to keep telling stuff! Eruth is no longer flat-footed.)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Raiden: (I do believe that's a hit.)
Kyle: (Make an unarmed melee touch attack against your target.)
DM: (That is a hit)
Kyle: (If your attack succeeds, make a Strength check opposed by the defender’s Dexterity or Strength check)
DM: (Oh boy, this is gonna hurt...)
Raiden: (STR15)
DM: (Do a roll)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Raiden: (HA)
DM: (Well, let's see if I roll a 1 for the sake of it!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (If you win, you trip the defender. If you lose, the defender may immediately react and make a Strength check opposed by your Dexterity or Strength check to try to trip you.)
DM: (Nup. You can't trip me. I'm awesome.)
DM: (Detail, then I'll tell you what Eruth does.)
Kyle: (You get a chance to trip the wolf now >,>)
Raiden senses the other female approaching, and dashes forward from the other side of the entrance, aiming to run through her legs as she comes out.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Raiden: (Yeah, NOW I get the good one)
Kyle: (The defender gets a +4 bonus on his check if he has more than two legs or is otherwise more stable than a normal humanoid.)
DM: (Raiden doesn't get tripped. )
DM: The female attempts to sweep her legs beneath the dog, but misses him.
Kyle: (So in the long run, your dog runs inbetween her legs perfectly!)
Raiden is moving too fast and misjudges his timing, weaving through her legs unharmed, but to no effect.
DM: (Right, so that was Eruth's attack... back to Siara!)
Kyle: (No no)
DM: (No?)
Kyle: (Her trip attack was FREE)
DM: (ohhh, lovely!)
Kyle: (If you lose, the defender may immediately react and make a Strength check opposed by your Dexterity or Strength check to try to trip you.)
Kyle: (^^^^)
DM: Eruth, her own eyes filled with malicious intent, snarls as she looks for a target. Her eyes settle on Angel and she snarls viciously before rushing forward with her sickle. Instead of attacking her outright, though, she moves to grapple Angel.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: Angel tries to escape Eruth, but the gnoll grabs her, holding the girl's arms across her chest as she backs Angel up to her own chest.
DM: (Siara, Rooke, Angel, Kyle, Kruk, Raiden, Eruth)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara: (Ouch, double miss)
DM: (Oh-ho... Rooke)
Siara: (Fuck you, dice roller, fuck you so hard...)
DM: Rooke, fairly injured as he is, still moves to attack Kruk with his greatsword.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kyle: (crit)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Kyle: (13)
DM: (Sure? +4 on that)
DM: (Crit is x2)
Kyle: (wait... 24)
DM: (Well thats lovely and awkward... he's stable, but can't fight!)
DM: Rooke's blade strikes true, the large gnoll getting skewered through the chest before falling off the blade. He holds his wound and lays on the ground panting and glaring at Rooke.
DM: (Angel...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Yeaaaahhh... Eruth still has her in that grapple.)
DM: (kyle!)
Kyle grunts having to stand up and calmly pull back a single arrow, slowly walking over to Kruk with it point directly at him- "Hey Sweet CHEECKS! Put her down or I'll end this ones life.."
Siara: (PRetty confident...)
Kyle: (pointed**)
Kyle: (to be evil.. or not to be evil..)
DM: Kruk growls at Eruth in the Gnoll language and she growls back but won't release Angel. Kruk speaks in Common to Kyle, snarling at him. "You will killllll either way, hume boy! Eruth will also killllll either way!" He bares his throat, inviting the arrow almost as he smiles macabrely at Kyle.
Siara: (Do it, Siara's done it, I'm waiting for Rooke and Angel to snap too xD)
Kyle gives Kruk a solid kick in the face to push him away- "Then just toss us my gold and you help your little lover here out, and we won't chase you.. No need for more blood spilled.." -Kyle says slowly letting his fingers give- "..Oh.. better hurry doll, my fingers are slipping much like your last chance.."
Kyle: (Kyle is Lawful Good! >,< )
Siara: (So? Siara's Neutral, but he dips back and forth)
Kyle: ( Really cause I only ever see ya dip backwards xD)
DM
Kruk doesn't budge, his snout bloodied by the kick to the face. He just continues to grin. "Eruth is not my maaate..."
Eruth agrees with a wide, evil smirk. She dips her head low to Angel's neck and sniffs at her. "I will kill her if you kill him, I will not release her."
Siara: (He was more good than not when he went scouting...)
Kyle sighs- "Ya forced my hand bitch.." -he says turning a snap shot at Eruth
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Kyle: (18)
DM: (There's a chance you'll hit Angel with that grapple she's in...)
Kyle: (Already did it, made my roll Kyle is sure he'll hit her)
DM: (Isn't there a percent roll you're meant to make?)
Kyle: (let me check some stuff)
Kyle: (You lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if you have one) against opponents you aren’t grappling. (You can still use it against opponents you are grappling.))
DM: (ok)
DM: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grapple
Siara just watches them discuss hits and percentages in amusement.)
Kyle: (If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. )
DM: (All right. In that case, is that 18 correct?)
Kyle: (I read grapple and ranged attacks, there is nothing but the -4 to hit for shooting into melee, but I have the feat that lets me shoot into melee)
DM: (Ahhh, alright. That was a hit, then.)
DM: (roll dam)
Kyle: (16! my bad)
DM: (oohh, sorry)
Kyle: (Does 16 hit her Flat-footed?)
DM: (She's not flat-footed anymore)
Kyle: (Grapple people don't have Dex mod to AC but the person they are grappling)
DM: (Then that would hit...)
Kyle: (I'm sorry! >,< )
DM: (Hehe!)
DM: (Roll dam)
Kyle: (I posted it from the site above..)
Kyle rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (6 damage)
Kyle: (You lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if you have one) against opponents you aren’t grappling. )
DM
Eruth yips as the arrow catches her arm, but she doesn't release her hold on Angel. She snarls and grins snidely at Kyle. "Oh, careful loverboy... might hit your girlfriend next time!"
Just as she's saying this, Kruk reaches into one of the pouches on his belt, unpops a cork to a vial and gulps it down!
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
Kyle: (Now I feel bad, for shoving rules around)
DM: The hole in Kruk's chest starts mending itself together. (Raiden's turn!)
DM: (You should feel more bad for not killing Kruk while you had the chance! )
DM: (He just drank some of your potential loot!)
DM: (Raiden!)
Raiden: (Is there any bonus for a back attack?)
Kyle: (Can't do that.. plus if I wanted too, the RULES say drinking a potion provokes attacks, meaning the dog, Rook, and Vex would all get a free chance to kill him.)
Kyle: (xP )
DM: (You can't do that? Why not?)
Kyle: (You can, just remember.. when someone is next to you, if you do something that leaves yourself weak.. Like drinking a potion, drawing a weapon, casting a spell, standing up.. ect.. if anyone is 'threatening you' they get one free chance to hit you)
DM: (Okay, we'll go with it anyhow.)
Kyle: (It's a HUGE set of things I'm not dealing with you guys, cause this is just fun. Next time you get a chance just read 'Attack of Oppurtutiy' section)
Kyle: (Nah it's fine, moar fighting better)
DM: (Yeah, I read it a while ago... I obviously need to sharpen up a bit! Raiden's question!)
DM: (Any bonus for a back attack?)
Raiden: (So there's still no bonus for a basic back attack, not a flank?)
Kyle: (He is flanked, so +2)
Siara: (Oh, okay)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Raiden: (19 to hit)
Kyle blows air out of his mouth- "Pfff~ You think I'ld leave that to chance.. I never miss.."
DM: (Who you hitting?)
DM: (it's a hit either way)
Raiden: (Wait, if I jump on his back to try to bite his neck, is that a hit roll or grapple check?)
Kyle: (I should just shot Kruk in the leg)
Kyle: (If your biting it's a hit roll)
Kyle: (Your not holding him are you?)
Kyle: (ROUND)
Raiden: (For a ride, if nothing else xD I just intended to jump on him, bite him, then get off)
DM: (You're attacking Kruk?)
DM: (I think that's just an attack roll)
Raiden: (...him, right. Her, Esther or whatever)
Raiden: (The intention was still the same - jump on her and get a bite in her neck, try to draw her attention away from Angel, then run like hell)
DM: (Kruk - male, or Eruth - fem? I'm so confused! XD But okay, go for it!)
Raiden: (Eruth)
DM: (Roll damage)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 5
Siara: (Cool
Raiden: (Works for me)
DM: (oh, sweet! Detail!)
Raiden: (Kill?)
DM: (no, sorry... not yet!)
Raiden: (Close enough :3)
Raiden: (w)
Raiden runs forward and takes a flying leap towards the female beastman, curling his paws to hold onto her shoulders. Rearing back, he opens his jaws wide, then chomps down on the side of Eruth's neck like a vice, shaking his head viciously and digging in deeper until his teeth meet. He then pulls away ferociously with a piece of her neck in his mouth and jumps down, landing near Siara, huffing and growling over his prize.
DM: Eruth screeches in pain. She knows she's going down as soon as someone touches her again. She releases Angel from the grapple, her eyes filling with Rage as she swings her sickle at the girl...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (... nooooo!)
DM: Angel manages to stumble away from Eruth before the sickle can connect with her.
Siara: (She lets go of the sickle accidentally and beans Kruk in the head with it)
DM: (Ahaha! Eugh, now I've really put Eruth in a pickle, letting her rage...)
DM: (Back to Siara! Remember, you have the opportunity for a free attack on Kruk seeing as he drank a potion. His AC, since he's on the ground, is -4)
Kyle: (and +4 vrs range attacks!)
DM: (Yup!)
Siara: (Which I don't have, because, you know, scimitars.)
Siara: (Alright, let's roll four times xD
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara: (9 and 5)
Siara: (Free attack misses, apparently)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara: (16 and 7)
Siara: (So one of them hits)
DM: (Neither, sorry mate!)
DM: (Oh wait, duh!)
Siara: (Whaaat?)
DM: (yeah, 16 hits!)
Siara: (I was gonna say... >.>)
Siara rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (yeah, sorry... XD I forgot the -4 AC)
Siara: (Cool
DM: (... it's like these two beast-heads are twins! Their HPs are always matching!)
DM: (Not for long though!)
DM: (Do your detail, then I'll do Rooke)
Kyle: (Can I start bragging yet?)
DM: (Ehh, you really want to? Something bad might happen, like... a cavein)
Kyle: (I really do find it fitting for Kyle to say something!)
DM: (Dude! You play your character! XD)
Kyle: (makin noodles )
DM: Eruth growls angrily at Angel, her eyes flaring with fury, knowing that she will most likely be dead before she can try to strike the girl again.
Siara slides over to the male on the ground and attempts to skewer him, growling as he misses three times. With a frown, he waits for an opening and drives one of his blades into the male's hip, near where he would assume his kidney to be. Balancing lightly on one foot, he brings his right heel down in an axe kick on the hilt, driving the blade deeper before pulling it back out. "Shoulda just let me stick you a few times."
DM: Kruk grunts with pain, holding his hip with one hand while moving to try and dodge whatever attack might come next...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM: Rooke smashes his blade down into the gnoll's chest once more. The gnoll's grin returns as his eyes turn glassy. He croaks out something in Gnoll before his eyes film over with death and his body shudders in death throes.
DM: Angel dropped her longbow during the grapple so reaches into her boot and withdraws a dagger. She grabs the back of the female gnoll's head and rams the dagger into her throat.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: Eruth turns her head just in time, slipping free of Angel and avoiding the blade.
DM: (Kyle, Raiden, Eruth, Siara, Rooke, Angel)
Kyle: (Hmm)
Kyle: "If you to ladies are done.. I'm ready to go.." -he says aiming his longbow
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle: (11 >,> *grumples*)
DM: (N'aww! Raiden!)
Kyle: (I gtg cya later)
DM: (Aw, bye!)
DM: (Raiden, see if you can kill Eruth!)
DM: (I'll leave loot to next time we play. )
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Raiden: (Nope)
DM: (... Eruth is very lucky.)
DM: (Keep playing until Eruth is killed!)
Siara: (Just between Rai and Sia?)
DM: Eruth seems to be dodging attacks effortlessly. Her eyes, still full of rage, lock onto Angel once more and she again attempts to attack the young tiefling with her sickle.
DM: (And the NPCs)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (Got it)
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM: (7...)
DM: (9, actually...)
DM: Angel screams shrilly as the sickle slices through her belly, blood pooling out onto her dress as her hands move to try and stop the flow of blood. Eruth grins darkly, a malicious gleam in her eyes.
DM: (Siara, Rooke)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Siara: (Shit roller, holy crap)
DM: (Tell me anyways)
DM: (She's -2 AC at the moment)
DM: (She's in a barbarian rage)
Siara: (5 and 6 >.>)
DM: (Aw, gosh!)
DM: Rooke crosses the distance and swings his greatsword at the gnoll's head, hoping to strike the last blow...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (... you've gotta be kidding me.)
DM: (THIS WOMAN JUST WON'T DIE!)
Siara: (I'm telling you, this roller hates us)
DM: (We're gonna have to resume this and have Kyle hopefully kill her! XD)
DM: (OH WAIT!)
DM: (Angel is before Kyle!)
DM: Angel takes her dagger and yells at the gnoll in Infernal, the dark shivers crawling up everyone's backs as she speaks in the dark tongue... and then slices her dagger across the gnoll's throat...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (YES!)
DM: (no point in rolling dam, the gnoll had only 1 hp left. -.-)
Siara almost drops his blades as Angel screams
DM: Angel watches as the gnoll falls back lifeless on the ground, the deep slash across her throat having splurted crimson blood out all over Angel. She looked quite the macabre creature, blood dripping from her golden horns. "Ah... heh," she softly says, then abruptly sits down to investigate her wounds.
Raiden runs and hides behind Siara's legs
DM: (*pants* That fight took forever!!! And you wanted to know what level they were, didn't you...?)
Siara: (Yeah Siara: (DM: (Eruth was a level 1 barbarian. Kruk was a level 2 barbarian. -.-)
Siara: (Dafuq)
DM: (Exactly. The huge trap plan had me giggling, you guys were so spooked of these low level guys... and they did a lot of damage in return to Rooke and Angel!)
DM: (Rooke and Angel are both at 4 hp)
DM: (Rooke usually has 22, Angel usually has 13)
Siara: (And me with only one cure spell left. fml)
DM: (Heh heh, ah well... Angel has a health potion I'm sure she'll use. Plus, there's loot next time we play! I'll tell you guys what were on the bodies. For now... I need sleep! This was fun!)
Siara: (We better get that gold and get out, or at least find a place where Siara can rest and recharge to heal everyone)
DM: (Goodnight Vex!)
DM: (*waves and falls asleep*)
Siara: (Naito)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 6 (22nd October 2012)

DM: .
DM: Hmmmm'
Oak: mmmmh?
DM: Hm!
DM: *pulls up Character sheets*
Oak: Find anything cool?
DM: Eruth seems to be dodging attacks effortlessly. Her eyes, still full of rage, lock onto Angel once more and she again attempts to attack the young tiefling with her sickle. Angel screams shrilly as the sickle slices through her belly, blood pooling out onto her dress as her hands move to try and stop the flow of blood. Eruth grins darkly, a malicious gleam in her eyes. Angel takes her dagger and yells at the gnoll in Infernal, the dark shivers crawling up everyone's backs as she speaks in the dark tongue... and then slices her dagger across the gnoll's throat... She watches as the gnoll falls back lifeless on the ground, the deep slash across her throat having splurted crimson blood out all over Angel. She looked quite the macabre creature, blood dripping from her golden horns. "Ah... heh," she softly says, then abruptly sits down to investigate her wounds. Siara almost drops his blades as Angel screams, Raiden runs and hides behind Siara's legs.
DM: Yup, I know lotsa cool stuff.
DM lurks.
Oak: ...........
DM: ....
DM: I'm gonna have to dump Angel's real name on you guys.
Oak: (NEVAR
DM: XD!
Oak: (From here on out, I will nickname all your NPC forcing you keep there real name hidden and use my funny cute names)
DM: (Ah, okay! Lead on!)
Oak: (Why is Angel screams?)
Oak: (Vex isn't here..)
DM: (She screamed with pain first from the attack, then she yelled in Infernal at Eruth before brutally killing her. *nods*)
DM: (Yeah, I know... we need to fix that!)
Raiden joined the chat 12 seconds ago
Siara joined the chat
DM: (Hi, you 'two')
DM: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Oak: (You got limited timing but still want to play xD your hooked bad )
Raiden: (I think Death Blossom Elise will only be available for Halloween, it's not even available on beta yet but all the other skins are)
DM: (I'm not! I could totally not do this if I wanted to! But I want to. But I mean... if you guys didn't wanna do this, I could do that. Wait... I mean, if you guys didn't wanna play, I'd be okay with it...)
DM: (*utterly confuses self*)
Oak: (wELL ROUND then I can play SORRY)
DM: (Okay)
DM: (Siara, wanna put any reaction up to the deaths and stuff? )
Siara: (I might)
Siara regains his normal level of sanity and sighs. "...well, that was quite the mess." He reaches out with his right hand, beckoning Angel to come closer as he fills his hand with green light.
Shea joined the chat
DM: Angel carefully stands, her fingers coated in her own blood and the darker blood of the gnoll as she holds her belly. She wanders over to Siara and patiently waits for him to do whatever he is going to do. "I can mend my dress," she says quietly.
DM: (Hello you!)
Shea: (Hallos!)
DM: (We had another session between now and the last time you were in here. They got into the cave, killed some wolves, killed a half-elf, and killed some gnolls...)
Shea: (I missed all the good stuff then. oh wells.)
DM: (They get loot this session. It'll be a short one.)
DM: (The history's there in the link above if you wanna read!)
Siara waves his hand back and forth for a moment. "But that's hardly what I'm going to do." He stops, then points at Angel's wound, sending tendrils of green light spiraling to her, imbuing it with natural healing magic. (Cure Light)
Siara rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 3
Siara: (4)
Siara "That should help at least ease the pain, if not close it entirely."
DM: Angel watches as the skin melds back together, leaving only a small amount of bruising as the skin heals completely. She gently pokes at her skin as the magic continues to do its work to a certain point before disappearing. Glancing up at Siara, she flashes him a soft grin of appreciation before holding her own hand over the tear in her dress where the sickle cut through the fabric and into her skin. She utters soft words in Infernal, the same darkness as before closing heavily until she falls silent. She lets her hand drop to her side - the blood on the dress disappeared and the tear had mended itself.
DM: Rooke is sitting down, examining his own wounds. He seems to be just as hurt as Angel was, but not too concerned about any of it. He rummages in his pack before bringing the vial out and tipping the contents down his throat.
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 2
Oak takes a quick step forward with a single hand out toward the pair and see the eerie lights and stops in mid step before turning his head and glance over in Rooke's direction- "Ehh.. ya'll alright though, right?" -trying to not look to useless and collecting his arrows shaking off the dark feeling
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 70
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 28
DM: (Don't try fooling us! We know who you are, Kyle!)
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 27
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 55
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 63
Oak rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 35
Oak: (3 out of 6 recovered!)
Oak changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (Better?)
DM: (Yup! Do you have any clue how many arrows Angel shot off...?)
Kyle: (3)
DM: (Ta!)
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 85
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 93
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 88
DM: (Full recovery!)
DM: Angel moves about, collecting her arrows before glancing down the hall at the one she shot into the half-elf. She seems a little uncertain, but pads down the hallway and crouches next to the half-elf before carefully pulling the arrow from her throat. She wipes the arrow on the half-elf's tunic, then glances back up the passage. "We should check to see if anything useful is on them... apart from the gold, I mean."
Kyle: (searching!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (And on who?)
Kyle: (5!)
Kyle: (Umm.. the chick)
DM: (Eruth...)
Siara leans against the wall near the mouth of the tunnel, somewhat exhausted. "I'm out of higher magic. Let's get what we need and go."
Kyle spits as soon as he hears Siara speak- "We'll be fine without it.. Don't need any more crutches. And you can always help this go faster if you start looking too."
DM: Eruth wears leather armor and a wooden shield that she left hanging off her arm most of the fight. At her belt, you see a whip and in her hand is her sickle. Her belt appears to be finely crafted, made from some sort of beasthide but has strange little carvings on it in what appear to be actual silver detailing. It seems unusual for a gnoll with generally below-par gear to have such a beautiful belt. THe carvings are artful, not really depicting anything in particular, but pretty none the less. At her hip, you find a vial strapped to her fur.
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (On Kruk or the half-elf?)
Raiden: (Rai on half-elf, Sia on Kruk)
Kyle gathers up the belt, sickle, and vial quickly rolling them up with the Bear hide and tieing it up into a bundle with the whip.- "This one is clean.. I'm undressing her thought, no leather worth that cost.. ehh"
DM
Kruk wears studded leather armor. He has his warhammer beside him and his dagger still in his belt. His belt is drab in comparison to the one that Kyle managed to grab up, just a standard utility belt. In his ear, you find a gold earring (yes, gold), and you can feel some sort of magic surrounding it now that the battle has died down, but you're not sure what. He has two vials at the back of his belt and a decorative wooden band at the base of his tail. You, if glancing over at Kyle, can feel a new magic presence on him.
The half-elf has little of value. She wears leather armor and still has her dagger in her belt. She has a folded up note in her back pocket and a piece of red ribbon tying her blonde hair in a braid. She has one vial.
DM: Angel wanders back to Kyle, trying to wipe the blood off her hands. In the end, she crouches down next to Eruth and wipes her hands on the gnoll's clothing to get off the blood. She rips off a small portion of the clothing so she can use it to clean her face and horns of blood.
DM: Rooke just sits by on the floor with his greatsword across his knees and the empty vial in his fingers as he watches the others.
Kyle looks around with a puzzled face looking to each and everyone- "Well, anyluck? They were mining gold you said Siara, not just sitting down there right? Who's got the gold?"
Shea: (sorry, dad was showing me a video. now I'll just sit here quietly anyway xD)
DM: (You haven't seen any gold on them except that earring of Kruk's)
DM: Raiden, down at the end of the tunnel with the half-elf, would be able to see a bucket turned over and pieces of ore scattered across the floor and into the room as if Kruk had tossed the bucket back into the room. Not really hiding it, but definitely making it hard for a quick getaway with the gold ore...
Raiden: (writing for both, one sec xD)
Raiden sniffs over the half-elf, searching for anything of value, pulling the dagger from its sheath and the ribbon from her hair, then nudging her over to look for anything on her back. Spotting the note, he yips softly to indicate that there's something there, then pads farther into the cave. As he rounds the corner, he spots the bucket of gold and yowls with delight.
Siara looks over the male, keeping his eye on the warhammer. He senses magic from somewhere, but it's not from the hammer, that much is sure. "Well, he won't be needing them..." He reaches over to grab the earring, pulling his hand back in surprise as he feels magic on it. "...aha." He pulls the earring off, tucking it into his pack happily along with the belt and vials, as well as the wooden band on Kruk's tail. He looks at Kruk's tail for a moment, then shrugs and turns around to look at Kyle. "Probably farther in." He looks up the tunnel, then back to Kyle. "Like I said. Now what did you get?"
DM: Rooke pulls himself to his feet, sheathing his blade before wandering down the hall to Raiden. He glances at what the dog was looking at, then crouches down to give Raiden a good scratch behind the ears. "Good dog," he praises him before moving forward to right the bucket. He then starts collecting the spilled gold ore.
Kyle has already rolled all the random assortment of items into a nice bundle with the bear's skin, and safely tucked the vial away. Turning back with the roll tucked under his arm he takes several large strides down the tunnel to make sure there is no more.- "Good.. good, we got the gold that's all that really matters. Everything I found in here, nothing but junk really, and simple farmer tools.."
DM: Angel starts disassembling the trap that Kyle and Rooke put together, giving back the rope to Kyle and trotting down the passage to pile the tent picks back into Rooke's tent pack as he keeps collecting the ore.
DM: (40 mins)
Siara: (?)
Siara: (Oh, nvm)
DM: ( )
Kyle: (She timing herself, trying to get faster at DMing. )
Kyle: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
DM: ( too cute! XD)
Siara: "Fine, ignore me... You've got something with magic in there though, and I do want to know what it is." He moves over to the female and tucks away the dagger, keeping the ribbon handy and slipping the note from the half-elf's back pocket. He looks at it for a moment, then sits and takes a moment to weave the ribbon into his own hair to keep it from billowing everywhere. After tying it in a small knot to hold it together, he stands and stretches, calling down the tunnel. "Got something for you guys when you're done back there."
DM: "Almost done!" Rooke calls back. "Our doggy-headed friends just made a mess down here. Cleaning it up!"
Kyle: (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s...
DM: (Wow!)
Shea: (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=memeba...
DM: (Whoot whoot!)
Siara: (http://puu.sh/1hsGt )
Siara: (http://puu.sh/1hsGt )
DM: (I read it right, mwahahaa!)
Kyle would quick toss the whole roll to Siara rather roughly for his chest- "Magic?! ..Just take the junk then, rather not get stuck with a curse that kills my first born child.." -he says with a disguested look, moving to exit waiting on the rest to finish, and takes his rope back from Angel- "Thank Angel.." (Is Rooke done yet?)
DM
Rooke comes back up the passage lugging a heavy bucket full of gold ore. "Gosh, it's heavier than it looks..." he grunts.
Angel blinks owlishly at Kyle, then slightly tilts her head. "You really don't like magic, do you...? Sorry about earlier then, healing you..."
Siara: (You never said which of the items was magic, did you?)
DM: (Nup! Also, did you read that note?)
Kyle: (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
DM:
Spoiler:
Just seeing if this works
DM: (Hehe! Cute!)
Siara: (He glanced over it. And I kinda need to know which of the items has the magic. xD)
Siara: (http://puu.sh/1hsJx )
DM: (The belt)
DM: (25 mins)
Kyle finishes rounding out the rope with a small chuckle and smirk- "I just rather make sure I know what I'm dealing with before hand, no need to say your sorry.."
Kyle: (https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
Kyle: (sorry feeling spammy)
DM: (I bet you feel like doing that sometimes...)
Kyle: (ROUND SORRY AGAIN)
Siara catches it with a soft grunt, gently unrolling it to look over the items, holding his hand over each one. "That one." He removes the belt and holds it up for Kyle to see. "This has the magic. The rest is safe." He folds the belt gently and sets it in his pack as well, making sure it doesn't touch the earring, then rolls the skin and contents up once more and heaves it back at Kyle. He then moves to sit by the male gnoll and the warhammer, feeling around the cavern for any kind of plants or roots that might be nearby.
Siara: (Are there any?)
Kyle adds in a quick thing- "Push Angel.. chicks did scars.. "
Shea: (i read 'chuckle' from Kitt's entry and thought it was 'chicken'.. )
Siara: (http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/pho... )
Shea: ( it's just one of those nights)
DM: You can sense plants down another passageway that the wolf didn't indicate. You discover he's gone now - he must have left before the fight, seeing as you haven't seen him since. The passageway is fairly short, a cave-in having squashed it down to a deadend, but you can see a thick, heavy root coiling down from the ceiling. It is yet to touch the ground beneath it.
Siara: (I don't need them for magic, was just gonna have the roots cover the bodies and help them decompose)
DM: "Scars are kind of attractive..." Angel looks at Siara curiously, then scratches behind her neck. "You guys aren't big on the risk-taking are you? Despite liking scars and all... are neither of you gonna try on that belt?"
DM: (Ah, nah, nothing like that.)
Siara: (Well I could still bend the root down to pick them up and sorta inter them into the ground over the cave.)
DM: (Yup, you could. But do you have the spells left to do that?)
Siara: (I could burn the last two lv0 slots for it)
Siara: (There aren't spells to control plants offensively until 7th or 8th, I think)
DM: (Up to you! Angel is eyeing you guys like you're sissies. )
DM: (12 mins)
Siara shrugs. "If you want to try it on, by all means, be our guest. But you generally don't put on strange magic items until you know what they do. They might have a magic trap installed." He presses his palm to the dirt floor, sending out a pulse of green energy, waiting, then nods. "Found one." He moves back to the half-elf and picks her up gently. "Found one. Hey Raiden, can you take the half-elf to the next tunnel over? I'll get them to help me with the gnolls."
Raiden nods and stands up, taking a wide stance to prepare for the body.
DM: Angel seems intrigued by the belt, but doesn't say anything further on the matter despite the curiosity burning in her eyes. Rooke puts down the bucket of gold ore before moving to Kruk's body and lifting him up underneath the arms. "Where did you want this, Siara?"
DM: (9mins)
Siara lays the half-elf on Raiden's back, then flags Kyle over to Kruk. "Would you help her carry him into the next tunnel? I'll have Rooke help me with the female."
DM: Rooke dumps Kruk at Kyle and Angel's feet, then moves over to Eruth's body and takes her shoulders, waiting for Siara to take her feet.
DM: Angel prepares to take Kruk's feet, but whispers to Kyle in a crafty voice: "Bet you two pieces of gold ore you're too scared to try that belt on!" She playfully winks at him.
DM: (6 mins)
Siara picks up the female's feet, then starts backing into the tunnel after Raiden. When they're under the root, he sets her down lightly. "Here is fine."
Kyle is back! And fine with taking what loot was thrown to him.- "I don't take risk, I just like I shot at her while she was holding you Angel.. I knew I would make the shot, save ya, and that this trap would work. What did you really want to watch me mine all that gold? I would have gotten all sweaty and stuff.." -Kyle says backing up holding both arms out- "Oh now come on, you really think that's going to work on me Angel? That you can goat me into being your experiment." -he snatches the belt and thrown's it own closing his eyes
Raiden sits down, letting the half-elf slide off his back next to the female gnoll.
DM: (... it worked? Oh dear...)
Raiden: (That worries me.)
DM: Rooke puts up a finger to warn Siara of the belt being grabbed, but it's too late...
Shea: (thats the way to test a potentially dangerous magically enhanced item. get someone else to put it on)
Siara gasps softly in surprise. "Hey! Don't put- ...well dang."
DM
Angel's eyes widen as she stares at Kyle, dropping Kruk's feet as her hands start moving up to her mouth as if to cover it. Kyle, you feel yourself shrink a little in height... strange tingly feelings cross your body, originating around your chest area and thighs. Your butt feels a bit weird too... Your chest feels squashed slightly within your armor.
Siara, you see a rapid transformation take place. Kyle, handsome as he is... is suddenly very pretty instead. Kyle has just rapidly changed into a woman.
DM: (Tada!)
Siara: (HA! I KNEW IT!)
DM: (Changes: Everything, Kyle turns into a more feminine version of himself! Clothes stay masculine, as does the haircut. Any facial hair promptly falls out.)
Shea: (oh dude. what.)
DM: (MWAHAHA!!!)
Siara: (Belt of Femininity/Masculinity)
Shea: (AWESOMMME.)
Kyle takes a moment to look himself over taking a pose- "Well.. at least now I can get Siara off my ass.." -Kyle says taking off the belt (does it change me back now?)
DM: (Nope!)
Siara: (Just like OotS)
Shea: (Haha!)
DM: Angel looks haunted, just staring. Her hands are now over her mouth and her eyes as wide as saucers. Rooke is just staring too, his jaw slightly off-center as he tries to take in what he saw. He coughs and scratches behind his head. "Uhm, so... this is very interesting!"
DM: (That's what I based it on, yup! *giggles at Kitt*)
Kyle: (Well then I think this is a amazing spot to stop )
DM: (Yup! I have to sleep!)
DM: (Was fun, guys! Murrhurrhurr...)
DM: (*waves goodnight*)
Shea: (Night, Kate.)
Siara lets out an exasperated sigh. "Oh, for Hextor's sake... I told you not to put it on, but noooooooo, the druid clearly doesn't know what he's talking about..." He shakes his head slowly, rubbing at his temples. "Just put the male down next to the female and get out."
Kyle: (Now wait....)
Kyle: Heading to FoG!
Shea left the chat 7 seconds ago
DM: (I wonder what we're waiting for...? *shrugs and goes to bed*)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 am by Kate Orchix

Session 7 (26th October 2012)

Oak: (Also I'm still recovering so I may be a tad slower then normal)
Kate: (Recovering?)
Siara: (Hungover)
Shea: Some blacksmith sent the gang to an old mine to gather some gold for him to make a precious item for one of his cutomers. There, they encountered a pack of wolves and some bandits. Karl tried on a magic belt and gave himself boobs and they found th gold, finally.
Oak: (I told ya I deprived my brain of oxygen earlier)
Kate: (Oh. Heh)
Shea: Tada.
Kate: Kyle, and yup!
Oak: Karl.. my real name almost xD
Shea: Kyle! I thought it may have been wrong
Oak changed name to Kyle
Shea: close xD
Kate: You guys wanna get started? I needa see where you guys end up so I can bring Nanteu in.
Kate
Angel looks haunted, just staring. Her hands are now over her mouth and her eyes as wide as saucers. Rooke is just staring too, his jaw slightly off-center as he tries to take in what he saw. He coughs and scratches behind his head. "Uhm, so... this is very interesting!"
Siara lets out an exasperated sigh. "Oh, for Hextor's sake... I told you not to put it on, but noooooooo, the druid clearly doesn't know what he's talking about..." He shakes his head slowly, rubbing at his temples. "Just put the male down next to the female and get out."
Kyle: Karlton is my real name lol
Shea: No one knows my name xD Only Twist. And Raptor, if he can remember it. (Kate knows who I'm talking about)
Kate: (TwisterZaraku and Raptorman?)
Shea: (Yup.)
Kate: (Nobody knows my name.)
Shea: (Kate? '>>)
Kate: (Nope!)
Kyle: (Jes)
Kate: ('Tis fake.)
Shea: (Heh.)
Kate: (Kate Orchix = Kotorchix)
Kate: (Shea is a Jess type...)
Kyle: (Is it Jessica, or Jessie or some form of Jess)
Shea: (i think you've told me that before, actually. that kate is a pen-name)
Shea: (No where near Jess. It's unusual. Think She-)
Kate: (SIARA! Come back so we can play!)
Siara: (w)
Kate: (Sheana? Sheila!)
Shea: (Sheila xD No!)
Kyle: shelly?
Shea: (Close, kitt)
Kate: (Ehh, sheila!)

Shea revealed real name in here. Removed.

Siara: (When it's done, and when everyone is out of the tunnel, I'll post)
Shea: (^^)
Kate: (... it's so cute! *squeaks!* Sorry!)
Shea: (No ones ever reacted that way xD
Kate: (*quickly hides this part from history*)
Kate: (****** is the name I reserved for the cutest sylvanians...)
Shea: (Hehe)
Kyle: The shock was delayed as Kyle quickly undid the belt and tossing it to the ground waiting for the hex to vanish and restore his body. He stood there a good moment with his arms out and head staring at his own chest, waiting for something to happen.- "Come on... any moment now.. Isn't this how magic works or do I need to find a toad to kiss or something? Ahh COME ON!" -he exclaimed snatching up the belt from the ground and moving over to a rock and laying it flat- "Fine, fine.. I got it.. If I break the cursed item, the spell breaks.." -Kyle says, reaching for his hatchet.
Kyle: (Tis a good name)
Kate: Angel reaches out and catches Kyle's hand. "No, no! It may cause more harm than good... don't touch it again for a while. Just wrap it up..."
Kate: Angel reaches out and catches Kyle's hand. "No, no! It may cause more harm than good... don't touch it again for a while. Just wrap it up..."
Kate: (eek, sorry)
Kate: Rooke frowns a bit, then comes over and grabs the dead gnoll from them and dumps it next to the female so Angel and Kyle won't have to bother. "Guess we're gonna have to change your name, Kyle... ee."
Kate changed name to DM
Kyle can be seen visibly biting his lip restraining himself before tossing the belt at Angel's feet- "Fine, I heard ya the first time.. Well let's now waste more time, finding some magical wizard that cure me from this blight, before I becomes stuck like this.."
Siara sighs softly. "I'm still waiting for you to leave, you know." He makes a shooing motion with one hand. "Go on, out of the tunnel. Unless you want to be buried alive."
DM
Angel is quiet for a moment, then bends down and picks the belt up. She holds it in her hands, turning it over a few times before biting her own lip. "I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't think you'd actually... Sorry."
Rooke watches them for a moment, then points at the 'female' gnoll. "If she was wearing it, she must really be a guy... a curse usually breaks straight after death from what I've heard, unless..." He shuffles away from Siara and frowns, heading up the corridor back towards where they fought the wolves earlier.
Kyle is leaving the mine hastly and stomping!
Siara: Once everyone was out of range, he would sink to one knee behind the bodies, his hands on the ground in front of him. "Ruuta... Viina... Exhausted bodies, they need a place to sleep..." Raiden's light would disappear, and a pulse of green energy would flash across the ground. As it washed over the corpses, they would glow light green. The wave of energy would climb the walls, centering on a large root that was poking through the ceiling and filling it with the same green light. "Deliver the bodies to the earth, that they may be reused... Life's Interrment." The energy that made the root glow would fade to black, but creaking and groaning would be heard, like a tree blowing in the wind. If the party were able to see what was happening, they would see more roots extending from the large root reaching down to curl around the softly glowing bodies, slowly lifting them to the ceiling. He quickly draws his blade and makes a swift cutting motion in front of him as the bodies rise past him, then resheathes his blade. The glow from the bodies would gradually disappear as they were drawn into the earth above the tunnel, and another pulse of green energy washes over the walls. Raiden's light flickers back on, weaker now that he's almost out of magic, and slinging his pack back over his shoulder before walking back out to meet the party, giving Kyle a once-over. "I did warn you."
DM: (Right outside or just into the wolf room?)
Siara: (As long as they're not in the tunnel.)
Kyle: (Wolf room! WALL OF TEXT)
DM: (MURRHURRHURR)
DM
Wolf 4 is lying next to the broken bodies of his pack members, his head on the ground and eyes watching the adventurers. He doesn't seem too happy or too ticked with seeing them. Angel is holding the belt and looking exceedingly nervous, but Rooke... Rooke seems almost amused. He places a hand on Kyle's shoulder.
"Don't worry... it'll wear off, I bet. Like I said, the curse wasn't instantly broken for the dead body of the gnoll, so I reckon it's just a matter of time. Maybe a few hours, maybe a few days... who knows?"
DM: (Still with us, Shea?)
Raiden joined the chat
Shea: (yeah, i'm sill here. keep in mind i may have to leave soon though, but I should be back after)
Kyle: (The dinners at 7pm)
Siara glances down to the wolf. "You can come with us again, if you... Hmm." He scratches the back of his head, remembering that he doesn't have any more magic for Speak with Animals, then looks to Raiden. "You do it."
Shea: (yeah, usually. it's 6:38 now)
DM: (Ok)
Raiden pads over to the wolf and licks his muzzle gently, speaking in soft growls. "If there's nothing left for you here, you can come with us if you want."
DM: The wolf flattens his ears to his head. "I will find something elsewhere. Two-legs do not care for beasts like me. I have no spark-fire as you."
DM: (quick brb)
Kyle roughly shrugs off Rooke's hand not wanting if and buts, he wanted his manhood back, and wanted it now.- "Nah.. I'll be fine, just got to wait it out, ya ya I know.. And look now.. we're out of daylight just great." -Kyle exclaimed after looking out the entrance way, now tapping his foot rapidly- "So.. I'm guessing we're sleeping in this cold hole in the ground now?"
Siara: (Wow, the estrogen is already going to your head)
DM: (Back!)
Shea: (WB)
Kyle: (kinda the point xD )
Kyle: (My turn to be a bitch, bish!)
Shea: (GTG. i guess ill jump in sometime after i get back. you guys keep going, of course. don't wait up anywhere)
DM: (Just so you know... your brain is still yours, still masculine. You still think the same way, even if you brain is randomized! You'll just feel... weird and moody for no reason.) (Bye Shea! Catch you soon!) (Kyle... you won't bleed, just so you... know. You weren't born with the 'system', and the magic of the belt doesn't make up for that part.)
Shea left the chat
Raiden bows his head. "With us, you would be safe, under my two-legs protection. If you want to stay, you can do that instead. Safe hunting to you." He then trots back over to Siara with a look of mixed disappointment and sadness.
DM: (Women have 'eggs' from birth, and since Kyle wasn't born a woman, he has no eggs as a girl. No eggs, no fertility, no period.)
DM: (y'know... just to be technical. *shuts up*)
Kyle: (Umm.. good to know? Thanks)
DM: Wolf 4 stays where he is. His eyes land on his sire's corpse and he glances over at Raiden before glancing down at the ground and continuing to mope.
DM: (Blecch, this Peanut Butter tastes like glue...)
Siara kneels down and pats Raiden. "It's okay Rai, he doesn't have to come with us if he doesn't want to." He looks up suddenly. "Oh shoot, I forgot about that...!" He runs back into the first tunnel, Raiden on his heels, then comes back out slowly with the warhammer over his shoulder. "This must be worth something..."
Kyle: (I <3 peanut butter my favorite cookie)
DM: (Same here for cookies... favorite spread usually too. But this brand... yuck.)
DM: Rooke is quiet, but he's still obviously having trouble reigning in a smile that threatens to break across his face. He turns his back to Kyle before a grin blossoms over his face and he puts a hand over his mouth so he won't laugh. Angel watches him with wide eyes, then roughly shoves him in the arm. "It's not funny!"
Kyle: (So we staying here tonight or we back tracking teh whole way to town?)
DM: (Up to you guys... guy/girl? Guyrls?)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: (brb, getting dairy-free icecream!)
Kyle: (can I put the belt around his neck now that his back is to me, to change him also?)
Siara: (It's a belt, not a necklace...)
Kyle: (Doesn't have to be. The magic could just take effect when it's around something)
Raiden: (I think we need a house ruling on that one)
DM: (back!)
DM: (You could always try... nothing like experimenting with magic items...)
DM: (Grapple check?)
Kyle: (If he is clearly turned away from me, he isn't going to see me, and any noise will just blend in with the rest of the ramblings. Also if he is cursed, guess what now he'll really take it seriously )
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (Just a note: I have rules I've already set up on this thing. Just so you guys don't think I'm doing spear-of-the-moment stuff...)
DM: (What was that roll for? )
Kyle: (19 grapple, + whatever for back?)
DM: (*utterly enjoys her icecream!*)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: (I get no bonus for back, so you win.)
Siara tilts his head as he hears Kyle and Angel suddenly go quiet and looks up to see what's happening. "...Kyle? What are you doing?"
Siara: (EVIL)
Kyle foot keeps tapping till he hears the snickering coming from Rooke side of cave, as he come stomp past her snatching the belt and using it to forcefully clasp it around the large mans chest- "Oh ya think it funny!? Wha.. what about now, arse?!" (Round)
DM: (Angel has the belt at the moment, don't forget!)
DM: (oh, right. XD!)
Kyle: (I'll snatch it from her when she goes to push him)
DM: (... oh darn! You got through the pla-...)
Siara: (...what?)
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: (He told me he was going for around the neck. The belt's rules I made indicate the belt only works if put around the torso... chest is torso.)
Siara: (Oooooooh)
DM
Rooke instantly changes form. He shrinks almost half a foot, his height of six foot four going down to five foot six. His face gets feminine features and his hair softens slightly but stays the same length. The stubble across his cheeks falls from his face as the skin smooths over and his lips turn full and very kissable. He's still broad in the shoulders, even as a woman, but it's obvious his breastplate armor definitely does not fit him... he's basically swimming in it.
"Kyle, you little r-!" He spins, grabbing for Kyle but Angel quickly steps between the two of them.
"Stop it! Look, we don't know about this stupid thing, so let's stop playing about with it! Siara, can you take care of this?" She tugs the belt off Rooke and tosses it to Siara. "You're the only responsible one of us at the moment... just please don't put it on!"
Siara blinks, somewhat surprised, but also having expected it. He raises his hand to catch it before it flies past his head. "Since I'm the one that can sense magic, I don't see why I shouldn't have been the one to hold it in the first place." He folds it up, then tucks it into his back along with everything else.
DM: "I can sense magic too," Angel says softly, moving away from Kyle and Rooke - she is visibly disturbed by their change in appearance - and stands near Siara as she glances back at the two men-... women. "I didn't sense it until Kyle pulled it off the corpse, and I couldn't sense it when Kyle was wearing it either..."
DM: Rooke shoots Kyle a glare, then sets the bucket of gold ore and his own pack down on the ground near the wall closest to the door leading to the mine's exit. He/she moves over to the wolves' dead bodies and starts picking them up. He obviously struggles a little more than usual, both with balance and with strength, but manages to grab the wolves and take them down the previous corridor to dispose of the bodies. Wolf 4 makes no move to stop him, stunned by all the strangeness of people having switched genders... it blows his poor little doggy brain.
Raiden pads back over to the wolf and lays a paw on the wolf's head like a hume might put a hand on another hume's shoulder, shaking his head slowly.
Siara glances up at her, still moving things around in his pack. "Well you're just full of surprises... But to be fair, I did tell him not to put it on until we found out exactly what it was. And now we have two warriors who aren't really warriors, which will be problematic if we get into a fight on the way back to town. I might actually have to do something..."
DM: Angel crouches down before sitting on the floor next to Siara's pack and continuing to watch Kyle. "I teased him into putting it on, so that was my fault. But... I don't think you'll have to do anything. I think Rooke might have been right about the time thing. My mother used to have an enchanted item that worked while she wore it and the effects remained for six hours after she removed it - it was a flawed Ring of Invisibility. It wore off eventually..."
Siara nods. "With any luck, this will do the same before too long. If the belt doesn't have a flaw though, we might be stuck until we find someone who can break enchantments." He finally stops digging through his pack, unmoving for a few seconds. "Enchantment..." He tilts his head. "Transmutation...?" He looks up to Angel. "You wouldn't happen to know any transmutation magic, would you?"
Kyle: After the short lived struggle between the two men of the group, Kyle found himself moving off to the other side of the cave, completely content with his actions. He murmurer soften cursed words under his breath as he punched his bag into a nice pillow, and unrolled the bear's skin to give some sort of comfort to sleep on.- "I'm going to bed before anything else happens, hopefully I can just sleep it off.." -He yelled moving rolling side to side- "My God, how do you sleep with these things?! I can't lay belly, ehh.."
Kyle: (I like being grumpy and rude makes me smile)
Kyle: (on* my belly")
DM: Angel hesitates, then makes a slight face. "I'm... not that skilled with magic, even if I can use it..." She trails off, listening to Kyle, then grimaces before returning her attention to Siara. "I'm almost done with my lot for the day anyhow... I can only do a few cantrips now." She glances over at Kyle before lifting her voice so he can hear. "Ignore them. You'll get used to it..."
Kyle flops hard on his back staring at the stone ceiling throwing his arms up- "How can I ignore them!? One bigger then the other!"
Kyle: (I can keep at this all night')
Siara quickly lifts a hand to cover his mouth to cover a snicker of amusement, then shakes his head. "It's unimportant, I think I know how to make it work on my own anyways..." He closes his pack for the night and stands. "If we're going to be stuck here for the night, anything else you want to add before I trance?" His robes begin to flutter gently as he prepares for his meditation.
DM: Rooke comes back, dusting off his hands and staring suspiciously at his more slender wrists. His hands are still rough and well-worked, but he is obviously disturbed by the change. He tugs out his bedroll from his pack and lays it down before starting to unclasp his armor... then stops, a blush lighting up his face. He sits still a moment, then makes sure the armor is clasped tightly before he snuggles down in his bedroll.
DM: "No, nothing more," Angel says. She glances at the others, then sighs and wanders over to the door nearest the mine exit. She puts her back to the wall and slides down it before removing her pack and sitting against the wall. She doesn't lie down, just sits there.
DM
Rooke is quiet for a moment, then snickers. "Mine aren't different," he states to Kyle.
"Aw, give it a rest!" Angel says, her face lighting up in a blush as she raises a hand to cover her face. "Go to sleep!"
Siara watches her go. "Looks like you're the watch, it you don't need to sleep." He looks over to Rooke, hearing his armor clank about. "You can take that off if you want. It's not like I'm going to get anything from seeing you naked. Not in that form anyways..." He sticks out his tongue with a playful wink, then closes his eyes, rising a few inches off the floor and sinking into his trance.
Kyle: (Time skip?)
Siara: (Anything that needs doing? xD)
Raiden goes over and curls up beneath Siara, then growls softly in the language of beasts. "The next morning..."
DM: (Nope! I'm happy to timeskip. Rooke will refrain from removing his armor.)
DM
The next morning...
Kyle and Rooke awake with normal bodies, completely masculine once more. Rooke wakes and rolls over, his hands patting over his clean-shaven face and down over his neck and chest before hissing a sigh of relief. He punches the air while still entangled within his bedroll. "Whoo! I'm not a woman!" His cry of triumph shoots Angel awake - she fell asleep slumped at the wall. She has dark rings under her eyes and looks very tired as she yawns and stretches.
"Good to know, good to know..."
DM: (Getting more icecream...)
DM: (back with icecream!)
Siara slowly sinks to the floor as he leaves his trance, slumping forward for a moment like a doll without power before standing upright once more. As he opens his eyes, they glow bright green before fading to a hazy gold, then returning to normal gold. "Hate trancing underground... It feels so weird compared to when there's flora nearby..." He stretches and checks his pack to make sure that nothing happened to disappear during the night, then looks over to Kyle and Rooke. "Welcome back, boys."
Kyle: (Fighting through this lack of energy )
DM: (Coffee? Tea?)
Siara: (All of the above)
DM: (*makes coffees and teas*)
Raiden rolls out from beneath Siara as his trance ends, shaking the dust from his coat to reveal his magic patterns are glowing brightly, fully recharged.
DM: Wolf 4 is nowhere to be seen. He must have left during the night.
Kyle lazily groans, and rolls back over to his side naturally in his most comfy position- "Ahh.. shut it Rook.. I'm tryin to sle.." -he complains, still unready to awake. It isn't till his hand reaches down to scratch his inner thigh that he notices what Rooke was cheering about- "Wait.. what we got our mojo back?! Whoo hoo!" -Kyle cheers, looking under his blanket- "Ahh, I miss you too, don't worry I wasn't going to let anything happen to you.. Nope." -he says before standing up and rushing pass Angel- "Excuse me.. I've been holding this all night.. I did not want to experience anything new last night... I'm coming Nature!" -he yells bolting outside to piss
DM: You bolt up the winding passage and out into the fresh sunlight. Nothing seems to have changed since yesterday except everything seems a lot more cheerful and sunny. The cleft between the hills is still shadowed, but much less spooky than last night.
DM
Angel watches Kyle go, then scratches at her head and glances at Rooke. He has an awkward expression on his face and Angel raises an eyebrow at him. He grins and rubs behind his head. "That was the first thing I did after dropping the wolves' bodies... wasn't too bad, but the not-aiming was... weird..."
"You can aim, but, uh... y'know, never mind!"
Kyle: (Round early, and I'll make something)
DM
Angel watches Kyle go, then scratches at her head and glances at Rooke. He has an awkward expression on his face and Angel raises an eyebrow at him. He grins and rubs behind his head. "That was the first thing I did after dropping the wolves' bodies... wasn't too bad, but the not-aiming was... weird..."
"You can aim, but, uh... y'know, never mind!"
DM: (ok. Sorry for double post!)
Kyle: (aCTUALLY this will take a moment I have to shave also >,> sorry Kate )
DM: (Halloween beard! 'tis ok)
Siara facepalms slowly. "By the gods... This conversation..." He starts to follow Kyle, then realizes exactly what he's heading to do, and leans against the wall of the tunnel near the exit, waiting for him to finish before going outside.
Raiden:
Shea joined the chat 9 seconds ago
DM
Rooke struggles free of his bedroll and rolls it up before putting it back in his pack. He drags his pack near the centre of the room along with the bucket of gold ore, then starts searching through his pack. He finds the container of cooked and salted moose meat and motions Angel over. "Here, I think this is breakfast... you okay with meat?"
"Yeah, thanks..." She accepts one of the pieces and sits down cross-legged on the ground to nibble at the meat, cupping one hand beneath her food.
Rooke starts removing his breastplate armor, setting it aside before stretching his arms. "Aw, gods, this feels better... I hate sleeping in armor. Always feel stiff when I wake up and my back plays up if I do it too many times in a row... ahh." He flops back on the ground, his arms outstretched above his head as he stares at the ceiling before closing his eyes in bliss.
"Now I see why you didn't remove your armor yesterday."
Rooke glances down at his shirt - it's torn down the middle at the neck and he just grins at Angel. "I would have been fine if I'd set up my tent, but... ehh, y'know. Kyle's a little bit of a peeking tom, I'd imagine. All boys that age are, I'm pretty certain."
DM: (Shea! Ya, it's cold here too...)
Shea: (Hallos. Wow I've missed a lot)
Siara snorts and calls down the tunnel. "Yeah, you're really one to talk about peeping toms, aren't you...!"
DM: (Heh, not really! Short summary: Kyle got ticked off when Rooke laughed about his being a girl. Kyle put the belt on ROoke, everyone got PMS-ish, went to sleep. Woke up normal, Kyle's gone to pee.)
DM: Rooke laughs and calls back. "It was justified! She was a real woman!"
Shea: (okay xD)
DM: (Would you like to make an intro, Shea?)
DM: (What would you like? They stumble across your unconscious body, or you find your way to them before they leave the mine?)
Siara: (Watch as this random chick comes running out of the tunnel behind us)
Siara: (Probably make everyone jump at once)
DM: (That would freak some people out...XD!)
Siara ("AUGH!! ENTANGLE!!!!")
DM: (We'd all probably get stuck in that, haha!)
DM: (Shea?)
Siara: (Well yeah, except for him. I'm gonna make an exception to the spell's targeting so it excludes the party unless he's startled or is in battle haze)
DM (attacks and nudges everyone to wake up! SHEA!!!)
DM: (Yup, works for me!)
Shea: (I was reading ^^')
DM: (Heh, ok! )
Shea: (up to date now, regardless. and im trying to think of something for the intro..)
Siara: (For future reference, "battle haze" is when the insanity appears in his eyes and he gets more sadistic)
Shea: (so yes, i will soon)
DM: (I'll have to intro you.)
Shea: (yep, that would be easiest)
DM: (Battle haze, got it.)
DM: (So which would you like? The group stumbles across your unconscious body, you find your way to them before they leave the mine, or either including some sort of monster chasing/lurking-over you?)
Shea: (unconscious body stumbling would be interesting. im thinking she could have had something stolen as well - maybe ran into an ambush or some such)
DM: (Would you like to remember the ambush?)
Shea: (Mhm. Just intro her, and I'll figure the rest out, if that's okay)
DM: (Sure. Just the memory is an important part of all our intros. The others woke up in the forest not knowing where they are. Of the group, only Angel is actually locally familiar with the place.)
Shea: (Oh yeah xD I forgot all of that.
DM: (We can always have it that she wakes up, doesn't really realize that something's missing, but remembers that it was meant to be on her person a bit later when you figure out what it is. )
DM: (If it helps... all your gold and money will be gone. )
Shea: (That'll do ;P )
DM: (Okay, cool! =P)
Shea: (im trying to find a pic of her to help you, too)
Shea: (itll just be a sec)
DM: (okay!)
Siara: (I think I found it)
Raiden: (As far as the body type goes, this could be Siara. http://kadricemiloglu.deviantart.com/art... )
DM: (But a man. )
Siara: (I said body type. Not clothes or anything.)
DM: (I have Oppan Gangam Style stuck in my head. -.-)
Siara: (Tall, slender, long hair)
Siara: (With the kind of clothes in the pic that Kitt showed us a while ago)
DM: ( Okay, cool. http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/2... Also... I want this.)
Shea: (well, wasn't expecting that)
Shea: (anyway, nanteu; http://musicway.deviantart.com/favourite...
Shea: (yay, link worked)
DM: (neat!)
Kyle: (yOU ALL AREN'T WAITING FOR ME ARE YA?)
DM: (yA, WE ARE!)
Siara: (Aside from the skin tone, this is almost exactly what Siara looks like... https://d.facdn.net/art/leongon/12881160... )
DM: (Neat! All right... we ready to get the ball rolling again?)
Siara: (Yeah, just waiting for Kyle to finish so I can finish drawing power)
DM: (... how... how are you drawing power while he's...? I... I don't wanna know!)
Kyle come up from the hill side buttoning his pant's up glad see everything returned in the correct order, stopping when makes it to the exit of the mine looking at everyone- "So.. who trying to peep on me, Rooke? Siara... Angel? Tisk guys, bad to habit that is.. And I got to say, the leaves here are amazing for wiping.." -he says, moving past and gathering his belongings
Shea: (ewwdfghfgk)
Kyle: (Yup, round done, shaved, made food and coffee, and finish post with only a few grammar errors )
DM
"I believe it was Siara," Rooke says with a wide smirk before starting to put his armor back on. He motions to the container of moose meat. "Help yourselves, you lot... We didn't really eat last night..."
Angel scratches behind one of her horns and watches Kyle before standing and catching his shoulder. "Hey uhm... I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have tempted you."
Siara pretends to act offended when he walks by. "Me? Peep? How dare you! No, I was just waiting for you to get out of my way so I could finish the last part of my trance." He steps outside and unfolds his arms out to the sides with a deep sigh, closing his eyes. "Glorious nature, once again..." A soft green wave of light flashes inwards over the rocks, centered on him. His robe billows around him powerfully as the light fills him, restoring his lost power. He opens his eyes, revealing that they're once again the normal, bright gold. He walks back into the cave with his magic fully recharged, soft rings of green light emanating from his feet with each step.
DM: Rooke glances up and looks at Siara's feet before smirking as he shoulders his pack. "Hey, sparkle-toes, want some moose meat before we go?"
Kyle stuffs everything he can into his pack and rolling his bear's skin blanket before tossing it over his back- "Siara, I can believe it.. Alteast the moose is still good.. Mhmm" -he says with a fake smile taking a big chunk off a meat slab. When Angel catches his shoulder he traces her hand all the way back up to her face with a cold dead pan look- "Your right, you shouldn't have.. But I knew all along it was in your instinct so no hard feelings.." -he steps pass her, trying to keep a straight face- "I mean, that's what Succubus do right, tempt moral men?"
Kyle: (He is Sparkly TOES)
DM: "Hey!" Angel steps after him, her face turning cross. "I'm no such thing! Succubuses are... are..." She stops, words failing her, but shakes her head. "I'm not one of those." She shoulders her pack and glances around to make sure she hasn't dropped anything. She takes her fiddle down from her back and moves her cape around her shoulders a little more before delicately plucking at one of the strings on the fiddle. She places it back on her shoulders.
DM: (Siara the Sparkly Toed!)
Kyle: (Too much packing not enough traveling!)
Shea changed name to Nanteu
DM: (Yes! Let's do this! Come on, chat chat quick quick! We have an unconscious body to trip over!)
Siara blinks slowly, looking at his hands. "I might be able to now... But I should wait until we're settled again, it would take to long..." He looks around at the party. "Whenever you're all ready to go. I've got everything I need."
Kyle: (Well my boss will be replacing me in 45 min-ish so ehh)
DM: (Let's get out of this mine quiccccck!)
Siara:
Kyle: (Alright we all back track to Mr. Shady blacksmith)
DM: Rooke closes the container of moose meat and chucks it into his pack. "All right then, let's get outta here, shall we? I'm kinda sick of this place..."
Kyle: (Damn it all Vex, how am I suppose sleep now?)
DM: (OI!)
Siara:
DM:
Siara:
DM: (Right, everyone okay if I walk you guys outta the mine and back into the forest?)
Raiden:
DM: <...>
Kyle: (Oi stop using < >)
Nanteu joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM: (Yeah... can people tell me if they're ok with me jumping you guys into the forest?)
Kyle: (Yush Kate)
Siara: (Go for it)
Kyle: (We are prepare to kill whatever animal is attacking Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (internet froze so i had to reboot the computer. sorry about that. all i wanted was to change names T~T)
Nanteu: (anyways. commence!)
DM
As the party leaves the mine, Rooke comments happily on what a nice, sunny day it is. Angel seems stonily silent after Kyle's comment of her being a succubus and doesn't really banter along as Rooke talks to himself. In the end, he falls silent and walks along with the others out of the cleft and into the forest. The birds are singing happily and you can hear insects buzzing and chirping. The ground is dappled with sunlight coming through the leaves above and there is a nice, fresh scent to the air.
(Roll awareness for everyone except Nanteu!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (11 for Rooke, 11 for Angel)
Kyle: (17 i think)
Raiden rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (*quickly rummages in Monster Manual!*)
Siara: (23)
Raiden: (11)
DM: (That including the bonus Raiden gives you?)
Siara: (Yeah)
DM: (wow, ok... (W))
Siara: (I kinda like having +10 to awareness)
DM: Kyle and Siara, perhaps your minds are the sharpest this morning with Angel preoccupied with her thoughts and Rooke happy with the sunny day. Raiden isn't even quite able to pick up on what you two hear... but maybe he can smell it. You hear a soft growl like that of a wild animal and see a sheen of black fur through the trees off to your left. Siara, as you shift slightly, you see through the trees and spy what appears to be a body... or at least, you can see the hand of the body. (This is you, Nanteu!)
Nanteu: (so im writing now? :@)
Kyle: (Can I have a MOUNTAIN DEW? Am I at the bar? If so roll to see if I'm drunk!)
DM: (If you want to wake up to a big bear in your face, yup! If you wanna let these guys come in and do something first, no. )
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (Kyle, you're not drunk.)
Nanteu: (im waiting then xD)
Kyle slows his step keeping nothing but his longbow in hand as a walking stick, even when seeing black fur he simply notions to Siara by hitting his elbow but not speaking.
Siara is walking along with Raiden, making the ground beneath his feet nutrient-rich with every step, when he stops and looks up suddenly, nodding to Kyle.
Siara: (still w)
Raiden looks up in unison with Siara, sensing something is off. He takes a slow deep breath, then growls softly.
DM: Angel and Rooke subconsciously slow, Rooke reaching over his shoulder for his greatsword as Angel reaches for her longsword. "What is it?" Angel softly asks, nervous.
Siara holds up a single finger for silence, then steps to the right, slowly drawing his blades. As he looks through, he spots a body - or part of one. He looks back at the party, speaking softly. "We've got another girl passed out in the woods... And an animal near her."
Nanteu: (another one xD)
Kyle would turn slightly waving off there questions lightly- "Ehh, nothing.. Just some wild life I think.. Maybe a dragon, don't worry too much."
Kyle: (Ya we find them everywhere, good trade bait)
DM: The black bear snuffles at the unconscious woman, its wet nose touching her face before grunting a bit and briefly bats at her hand as if trying to figure out whether she's edible or not.
DM: (Shush, they're not ALL unconscious...)
Kyle stumbles a bit sliding down a small slant with a hand holding onto a sapping for support- "Oh joy, another lost and found person.. I'm guessing we got to save this one too, and nurse back to health?" -he jests
Kyle: (Round!)
Siara: (After that rest we're all back to full health, right? Sleeping/trancing restores some health?)
DM
Rooke rolls his eyes and glances about through the foliage until he spies the black fur through the trees. "You can always stay here, Kyle... me? I like this whole damsel-in-distress thing... it's very refreshing. Didn't happen nearly enough back home..." He drops to a crouch and starts moving off ahead through the trees towards the beast.
Angel hesitates, then scrunches her eyes tightly. "Wait for it," she whispers to Siara and Kyle. "He's wearing the heaviest armor I've ever seen, it's only a matter of time before he mucks up..."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
DM: (... Angel has an uncanny sense of the future.)
DM: (And yup! All full health now.)
Siara: (Pfft, this should be good.)
Siara holds out a hand to stop him, but he's too late.
DM: The bear glances up as it hears a loud crack of a twig snapping. It grunts and stands over its prey as it gazes over the trees, looking for the intruder... and spies him. The bear pretends he has not seen and just resumes snuffling at the woman... then roars and spins, crashing through a bush to attack Rooke!
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 2
DM: (6 dam!)
DM: The bear's claws tear through Rooke's shoulders and it attempts to snap at Rooke's face. Rooke grunts with pain, dropping back before attempting to slice back at the bear!
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (...)
DM: (... crap. That was a solid hit.)
Nanteu: (oh shit)
DM: Rooke viciously swings his greatsword through the bear, skewering it from throat to spine. The bear screams out a death cry before falling to the ground, glassy eyes lifeless. Rooke tugs the sword free and steps over the bear's body, glancing back at the others before giving them a snide smirk. He sheathes his greatsword and moves over to the girl on the ground, crouching beside her.
DM: Angel just blinks. She whispers to Siara and Kyle. "Never seen that before... like a shish kebab..."
DM: (You're on whenever you like, Nanteu)
Siara "...huh. Boy's got some balls." He sheathes his swords and slide-steps into the clearing, barely seeming to touch the ground as he moves.
Nanteu: (okay.)
DM: (Just gonna get ready for bed. Won't be long!)
Nanteu is still unconcious, though her eyelids softly flicker as Rooke kneels by her side. Aside from a few scratches, her most obvious injuries are a few cuts to the abdomen and a bloody graze to the head. The bear seems to have simply wandered across her spontaneously, and the reason for her initial injuries seem to indicate that she was preyed upon by something other than forest creatures.
Siara: (Is she lacking health of some kind?)
Nanteu: (knife wounds, i mean. meaning people '>> i wasn't sure how else to introduce her.)
Nanteu: (some, really she's just unconcious)
Kyle rubs his chin watching the quick fight take place, and end in a instant- "Huh? ..I guess you do learn a few things with age.. Let's go check this out now.. I'll keep the rear guard."
Siara: (I mean does she have less than max hit points, or just small cuts that don't total to more than one point?)
Kyle: (Wooo unconcious female elf! Rooke done this before)
Nanteu: (small cuts that don't total to more than one point)
Siara: (Alright, that's what I was looking for)
Nanteu: (alright)
Nanteu: (if at any other time you guys need me to be more speicific, just say so. i need to keep that in mind. remember ive never done this before >>)
Kyle: (Pff~ Shea those two are still really new, and I'm just bad at writing so no problem)
DM: Rooke gently brushes a finger across the elf woman's face, touching from her cheekbone down to her lips. He tilts his head a little, watching her, then gently tilts her head to the side so he can see her pointed ears. "Huh," he says before glancing upwards at the others as they start to move into the small clearing. "Your kind, Siara... prettier than you, though."
Kyle looks over Angel's shoulder and beings to whistle- "Woooow.. is it just me? Or does this kingdom have just tons of beautiful women scattered about just waiting to be saved? Maybe the wizard has a thing for knife eared women ya think?"
DM: "I wouldn't be surprised," Angel frostily says. "He is part elf, after all, as am I."
Siara glances back at Kyle, seemingly surprised, then shrugs at Rooke. "Not actually my kind, let me assure you." He looks over the girl to scan for any injuries. "There, there, and... Huh, that's nothing." He crouches down and presses his hands to the ground, drawing natural energy from the nearby plants, then kneels behind the girl's head and setting his hands near the sides of her head. With a soft exhale of breath, he lets the energy flow into her body in a simple power transfer, giving her body a touch of regenerative power to close the wounds. "Wake up, Miss..."
Kyle holds out his hand and starts counting only to two- "I mean this is what? The second elven women we found?"
Kyle: (spot check!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kyle: (Does Angel actually have knife ears?!)
DM: "Hyna wasn't an elf, if she's who you're referring to," Angel says, a little of her moodiness fading away. "She's a Drow..." (Her ears do not pass through her hair, so it's hard to tell, but she does have a hint of the tips being pointed. It's not really noticeable.)
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
DM: (What's the spot check on?)
DM: (N'awww!)
Kyle: (Angel's ears )
Siara: (That looks like Ava xD)
DM: (... you succeed. What I said above. )
Nanteu 's eyes flutter again, much quickly, and she opens her eyes, squinting at the glaring sun and the faces peering down at her like curious hawks. She blinks once, confusedly, then begins to sit up, taking her time as her eyes begin to adjust to the light. There is a pause as she glances about the group, first at Siara, then to Rooke, then around to the rest of the gang. "Huh.
Nanteu "Huh. Oh, hello," she says lightly, her expression neutral, although slightly curious.
DM: (All right! Nanteu, you don't recognize this forest. Your memory of the past... while is foggy, but your memories of your life before whatever this is are intact and accessible.)
Siara "Ah good, stable. Do you remember how you ended up like this?"
Kyle isn't saying thing, as he never even noticed Angel was part elf. And keeps looking for sighs of her Knife earness!
DM: Rooke just has a wide grin on his face. He even looks a little bit goofy, shifting slightly to the side in the hopes that the pretty woman will notice the dead bear in the background, though he may be out of luck...
DM: Angel gives Kyle an odd look, noticing all his staring and neck-craning. She eyes him for a moment, then frowns. "What are you looking for? Or at...?" There honestly aren't many signs that she's part elf. Only the slightly tipped ears and her unusually colored aqua eyes give her away. Even then, with her exotic golden horns, who would know?
Nanteu glances away, looking troubled. "I.. I'm not sure," she says, then sighs deeply, as if annoyed at herself. "I remember a town. A tavern.. But I think that was a long time ago. I don't know this place," she adds, then surveys the area from her position on the ground. As if only noticing him now, she gazes at Rooke nervously, wondering why he is staring so intently.
Nanteu: (he just wants to be loved >>)
Nanteu: (he's adorable, though.)
DM: (I can't wait til you guys find out about his past, honestly... XD)
Nanteu: (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?start=20...
Nanteu: (i like puns)
Nanteu: (..)
DM: (Black Bear's wifey?)
Kyle causal glances past her, rubbing his neck and changing the subject to the new girl, before patting Rooke shoulder- "Yup, told ya she wouldn't remember anything.. She just like we did.. Well long story short, this whole kingdom is suffereing from some fairy dust that is killing peoples memories.. So ya, welcome to the club. We just found ya out here taking a nap, and then this bear was all.. Rawwrr!" -he says mimicking with his hands in the air, before pointing at Rooke- "And it was about to eat ya, so he stabbed it.."
Siara shakes his head. "There was magic of some kind that affected everyone nearby. Everyone lost their memories of the last week or so, and now we're looking for clues as to what happened." He slides backwards and turns to the bear, filling his hands with magic once more. "Does anyone need anything from the bear? Fur, teeth, what have you?"
Kyle pulls back looking off to the sides a bit with a smirk- "My story was much better.. Oh and I'm Kyle, this Goldenlocks, that's Rook, and this chap would be... Siara and his puppy.."
Kyle: (boss is here I gtg ttyl everyone!)
DM: Angel frowns, then lightly shoves Kyle in the arm. "You're coming up for new nicknames for me whenever you speak of me now... I'm Tindomerel," she tells the elf woman.
DM: (Bye!)
Siara: (Later)
Siara: (This area is the forest right? So it's grassy ground?)
DM: (Yup!)
Siara: (Kay good, I could inter the bear naturally)
Nanteu: looks stunned for a moment, then turns her attention to the bear's corpse. For a moment she looks guilty, but not nearly as much as when she spots the deep wounds around Rooke's shoulder. She gapes in astoundment, and rolls immediately forward onto her knees. "You killed the bear? I'm so sorry," she spurts, eyes flickering to his face. Her hands hover over his arm. She disregards the others as she stares at Rooke's upper body, looking horrified. "You could have been killed."
Nanteu: (whoops.)
Siara rolls his eyes. "Yeah, so could you. But it's dead now and you're safe, he'll be fine in a bit. I repeat - does anyone want something from this bear before it goes underground for eternal hibernation?"
DM
Rooke seems pleased to have caught her attention so easily, especially with wounds to hold her attention. "Oh, no... I do this sort of thing all the time," he says with his smile still plastered across his face. He brushes one hand up over the opposite shoulder, smudging blood. "I got him better than he got me or you, and that's all that matters, I suppose." He gives her an easy smile, his arms crossing over his chest. He seems distracted before shaking his head. "No... I don't want anything from that bear."
Angel/Tindomerel shakes her head. "Nothing of use for me."
Nanteu simply shakes her head at Siara. Despite being distracted by Rooke, she then addresses Angel, having caught her name. "My name is Nanteu Amuet," she says gently, the name rolling from her tongue sweetly.
Nanteu "What are you all doing out here?"
DM: Rooke puts up a finger, frowns, then coughs. "I'll be back in a minute." He goes back over to the bear and starts looking through the bushes. "Oh darn..." You hear a lot of scuffling before he returns, lugging the heavy bucket behind him. He must have dropped it when the bear attacked him.
DM: Rooke puts up a finger, frowns, then coughs. "I'll be back in a minute." He goes back over to the bear and starts looking through the bushes. "Oh darn..." You hear a lot of scuffling before he returns, lugging the heavy bucket behind him. He must have dropped it when the bear attacked him.
Siara nods and closes his eyes. "Ruuta... Viina... Exhausted bodies, they need a place to sleep..." Extending his arms in front of him, then sweeping them out to the side, he sends a waves of green energy forward towards the bear and the grass surrounding it. As he lifts his arms and stands, the grass seems to grow in size and length until there's a small jungle of grass next to it, rearing back like a wave. He slides his left foot forward and brings his hands together over his head and the grass responds by interlocking gracefully over the bear's body. As he brings his hands down in front him like a prayer, the grass shrinks, dragging the bear's corpse into the ground, leaving only a few specks of blood to indicate that there was ever a struggle. Another wave of green energy pulses out from where the bear disappeared, giving the nearby grass and trees a stronger color for a moment. He stays still for a moment, then looks over to the girl. "We were commissioned to get that." He points at the bucket of gold that Rooke drags in.
Siara: (I kinda like that as an improv skill... Returning a dead body to nature is a way of respecting nature, right?)
DM: (I reckon.)
Nanteu: (Yup)
Raiden was timed out
Siara: (Cool, then it all works out because druids like nature)
DM: ( http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/0... )
Nanteu nods. "I see.. That's a lot of gold. The person who commissioned you must need it for something quite important." She then looks to the new space, the glow in her eyes remembling a semblance of peace for the bear. He had died bloodily, and to be returned to the earth after death in such a fashion seemed graceful, even poetic. Nanteu's face lightens up. "You're a druid," she says to Siara
Siara looks at the girl with a slow blink. "That's right. Where I come from, I was considered something of a heretic. My people worship a lady of the moon, but I worship the earth and all her creatures." He looks away. "Until they try to kill me."
Siara: (I lol'd so hard at that. Do you understand the stereotype of it? xD)
Siara: (The image, not my post)
DM: (What do you mean? I just thought it was funny.)
Nanteu finally rises to her feet, and brushes herself off as she comes to stand to almost his height. "Interesting. I knew a druid once. You remind me of him." She glances away, uneasy. It wasn't the time to say such things, but.. "He was quite handsome," she says.
DM: (I know what she's suggesting, if that's what you mean)
Nanteu: (i think i get it '>> furries?)
Siara: (YES)
Siara:
Nanteu: (Hahah. Yep.)
Nanteu: (for kate; http://www.google.com.au/imgres?start=69...
DM: (... baahahahah!!! Poor kiwi...)
DM:
DM:
Nanteu: (xD)
Siara:
DM:
Siara: (http://puu.sh/1iSIz)
Siara: (http://puu.sh/1iSIz )
DM: Rooke watches Nanteu, his eyes briefly moving to her hips at the very moment she looks away. His head tilts slightly, his jaw shifting a little before he smiles and turns his attention elsewhere, holding the bucket in one hand while adjusting his pack's straps with the other.
DM: (Hey, Shea... you able to jump on tomorrow?)
Siara tilts his head to one side. "Thank you. I think. You look quite beautiful as well, but I'd be lying if I said you reminded me of anyone... There are only two people that I really want to see when I get home, my brother and my sister."
Nanteu: (should be. not sure when though. dad's taking my brother and i out for the morning/day, but it should be on in the afternoon and hopefully the night. it's saturday tomorrow, so the weekend's only just started.)
Nanteu: (*but i should)
DM: (Okay. )
DM: (Shea, do you want to make any checks on surroundings or anything? On NPCs like Angel and Rooke, you can use 'Sense Motive'. Doesn't tend to work on other PCs like Kyle and Siara much.)
Siara: http://e621.net/data/5f/d2/5fd23f9deafe8... >
DM:
Siara:
Siara: (I think that's a stopping place for the night xD)
DM: (Mm, me too. I'm falling asleep here...)
Nanteu dips her head, but his comment passes over her - she is unsure of how to reply. Instead, she watches him with a graceful gaze. "I have only a sister. I haven't seen her in a long time. So I know all too well about seperation. I hope you will get to see them again some day. Soon."
Nanteu: (yeah, same here.)
Siara:
Nanteu: (xD)
Nanteu: (and kate, i'll probably try out sense motive next time, or something else, just for the hell of it.)
DM: (Okay! XD Next time you'll probably get to try all sorts of checks and stuff.)
DM: (Night guys)
Nanteu: (yup night!)
DM: (If you write anything further in here in-game, don't clear the chat please! I'll come back and collect that history if you do write anything.)
DM: (*waves and falls asleep*)
Siara: (Ta)
Oak joined the chat
Nanteu left the chat
Oak sneaks in for a moment
DM also sneaks back in
DM: I'm too tired to get outta my chair.
Oak: I got only a moment boss is smoking
DM: Okay. Wanna put up an IC reply or something?
DM: I'll hang about for a few more moments... then force myself to get up and flop to bed.
Oak: just trying to read it sorry
Oak: Once he steps in I got to close this page so I have no idea how much time I have
DM: (ok. I'll say Bye now then.)
DM: (Bye!)
DM: (Now read! XD)
Oak: night night
DM lingers
Oak: Awww. Tindo doesn't like my nicknames!?
DM: (She likes Angel. Not Succubus, or Goldenlocks or whatever it was. )
DM goes to sleep.


Last edited by Kate Orchix on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 8 (27th October 2012)

DM
DM: Rooke watches Nanteu, his eyes briefly moving to her hips at the very moment she looks away. His head tilts slightly, his jaw shifting a little before he smiles and turns his attention elsewhere, holding the bucket in one hand while adjusting his pack's straps with the other.
Siara tilts his head to one side. "Thank you. I think. You look quite beautiful as well, but I'd be lying if I said you reminded me of anyone... There are only two people that I really want to see when I get home, my brother and my sister."
Nanteu dips her head, but his comment passes over her - she is unsure of how to reply. Instead, she watches him with a graceful gaze. "I have only a sister. I haven't seen her in a long time. So I know all too well about seperation. I hope you will get to see them again some day. Soon."
Kyle: Can someone save this?
Kyle: Acid Splash Arrow's Flight 6 4 2 Detect Magic Light Mage Hand Daze Mage Armor True Strike Charm person Shocking Grasp Ghoul's Touch Continual Flamehttp://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3.5e_Sorcer... http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Rolan...
DM: (I've saved the CS. I'll save the sorcerer thing once it loads.)
Siara: (If and when we get new really good loot in the main campaign, Esch wants a permanent companion like Siara and Maelari xD He could summon something, then discover that it has an affinity for him and decides to stay)
Kyle: (It's actually the part before that is needed, cause Sorc's only know so many spells. I'm going to play Magic right with that Character, I don't need the simple way)
DM: (Okay... that'll be in the history then. The link is being stupid for me anyways. )
DM: (SHEA!)
Nanteu: (WAAAZZUP)
DM: (READY TO PLAY?)
Nanteu: (HELLZ YES.)
DM: (EVERYONE ELSE?)
Kyle: (LAgggggggggggggggggg)
Siara: (I'm fine)
DM: (I think it's Kyyyyyyle's turn)
Kyle: (But no one has said anything to me..)
Siara: (That sounds about right, he left and now he's catching up.)
Siara: (We're all already in the clearing with Nan, you can come in at any time)
DM: (Hey, just a sec... I'll post up yesterday's history in the history page so you guys can read.)
DM: (Go ahead)
DM: ( http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... )
Kyle rolls his eye, shoving into Angel lightly trying to stay out of memory lane with everyone else- "You got a odd name, I think Angel is more fitting and easier on my tongue.." -he would say, looking about side to side while everyone was greeting the new girl. After a long awkward moment of pause, he'd finally speak up again to the group trying to get a move on before they lost another day.- "Well that's all good and interesting but maybe we can all chat this over somewhere else? I was thinking somewhere with warm beds, a good meal, and some eye candy?"
Raiden joined the chat
Siara holds up a hand. "Slow down kid, it's still early in the day. We have to get the gold back to the blacksmith, then decide what to do from there."
DM
"We had a reason we were going to the blacksmith in the first place," Rooke reminds them. "Angel... or... Tindomerel... ah... can I call you Angel? What were we meant to be doing?"
"Yes, Angel is fine... ironic, but never mind! We were heading to the blacksmith to ask him where Malakhi went seeing as Malakhi lived near the blacksmith about two years ago"
Nanteu quitely watches. "Well, do you mind if I tag along? I don't really have anything to do, seeing as I can't remember if I was doing anything.. And I owe you," she says, looking to Rooke.
Siara catches Nanteu's gaze and grins to himself. "Well well... I say she comes with us. It's better than leaving her out here by herself."
DM: The corners of Rooke's mouth twitch in the slightest smirk, his mind obviously flitting away to just what Nanteu might owe him. Still, he just smiles and says nothing. Perhaps Siara and Kyle have caught on by now that he has a bit of a... thing... for elf women, but dislikes the overall species at first glance. A city full of elves seems to disappoint him, yet the sight of an elven woman changes his mind.
Kyle gives a light shrug and friendly smile- "I don't see why not.. I can't think of any reason to say no, I'm already surrounded by knife ears.. As long as you can pull your own weight." -He said moving a little ahead of group looking back and forth for any other dangerous animals- "So Siara you do remember the way back right?"
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kyle: (Any cute critters I see)
DM: (Just a squirrel skittering up a tree. Nothing scary.)
Kyle: (Round feel free to rush me to the blacksmith )
Siara: (still w)
DM: (Okay, waiting on Siara and Nanteu)
Siara nods. "Of course." He slowly draws his blades, flipping them in his palms a few times, before heading back to the entrance of the cleft. "Coming from... that direction." He closes his eyes for a moment, then begins walking towards the city. Not so much walking as 'fighting' - as he walks, it looks like he's fighting a retreating opponent. Switch-cuts and steps, cross-slashes and great rising arcs. He seems to float across the forest floor, his movements graceful but powerful, a sword dance.
Nanteu watches as Siara goes, having simply beamed a wide grin at he and Kyle for allowing her to go with them. She trails not far behind Siara, keeping a lookout herself for anything of interest, or danger.
Nanteu: (was packing something away. ive been cleaning my room today. heh)
DM: (ewww!)
Nanteu: (-3-)
DM
With the sunlight, the path through the trees is much easier to discern from the ground about it, gravel crunching underfoot as the party moves. Rooke takes up a strategic position in the rear of the group, more for the opportunity of being able to discreetly watch Nanteu than to actually protect the others from any rear attacks... not that he wouldn't be okay with doing that too. Angel walks alongside Kyle - since the belt incident she has been less cheerful than normal, hasn't sung a note today, and seems lost in her thoughts.
Soon, you chance upon the blacksmith's house once more. The half-elf is at his forge, battering a long iron sword into shape. He doesn't notice their approach, as before, and continues hammering away at the sword. (Shea, feel free to ask any questions, whenever!)
Raiden growls. "Later, at the blacksmith's shop..."
Siara: (Oh frig, perfect timing xD)
DM: (Haha! Quote from a previous session: He's fairly handsome, maybe early thirties, has short blonde hair and a tanned face. For a half-elf, he's on the muscular side. He is dressed in a blacksmith's apron and simple clothes.)
Nanteu: (I think I'm okay for the moment :3)
Siara slows his dance as the enter the city, careful to avoid cutting anyone. As the party approaches the hut, he makes a rising 360 slash, then takes a slow bow and sheathes his weapons, heading inside like nothing happened. "We're back, with gold."
DM: (It isn't in the city)
DM: (It's in the forest, just a little way South from the city, off the road)
Siara: (I thought it was in the city, my bad)
DM: (I'll get you the description of the hut again, just for reference. )
DM
(( As promised, Angel met Siara, Kyle, and Rooke down in the foyer within record time. She wore the same dress as before but with a slim-fitting leather breastplate over the top. Her knee-hi leather boots look worn and well-used, but stable enough to handle long walks and such. Her arms are covered by fingerless leather gloves that end above her elbows. She wears her black cape with a large hood, having abandoned the floppy hat. Now, the hood covers her horns and eyes much like the hat did previously.
Remaining quiet for the most part, she led you out of the city and back along the path that you came up to approach the city along the river. However, she breaks off onto a path that isn't very noticeable from the road and up into the darkening forest. The orange hue of the setting sun filters through the tree leaves, giving a spooky shade over the path as you walk. Rooke grips the hilts of his light mace and handaxe on his belt from time-to-time, obviously unnerved by the silence - there are no birds giving goodnight calls to eachother, no insects loudly chirping, nothing. Only the slight rattle of the wind through the dry leaves beneath your feet.
Before long, through the trees, you can see a hut. It's similar to the dwarf's hut that Siara first awoke in, but appears to have another room adjoining it and a shelter above an open forge. It's embers glow in the fading light and you can see the silhouette of a pacing man as you approach. Before long, his face is lit up by the forge's lit, revealing him to be another half-elf. He doesn't seem to notice the party approaching him, his hands touching his hair and his face as he paces worriedly. He's fairly handsome, maybe early thirties, has short blonde hair and a tanned face. For a half-elf, he's on the muscular side. He is dressed in a blacksmith's apron and simple clothes. ))
Siara: (Sure enough...)
Nanteu: (oh, kate)
Nanteu: (i still have weapons don't i?)
DM: (yup!)
Nanteu: (okay, i thought so. just checking!)
Siara: (I should get working on my own campaign at some point...)
DM: (Heh, ya.)
Siara: (Kitt's and my characters are already set from when Vex was infected and Hex started looking for people to help restore him, I just need to plan the different scenarios of the main fight and inside Vex's body)
DM
The blacksmith looks up, almost once again startled by the appearance of the group. He glances over them, pausing slightly as he notices the addition of the elf woman to the group before noticing the bucket of gold ore that Rooke carries. He blinks, then scratches behind his head. "You must have been working all night to get that amount of ore with one pick... thank you!"
Rooke hands over the bucket of ore to the blacksmith and he sifts the gold ore through his fingers, softly nodding. "This is good," he notes before tugging the bucket behind the forge. "Don't want the bucket back? No? All right, good. I'll get to work and you may have the remaining gold left over when I am done. For now... is there anything I can help you lot with? The original reason you came to see me, perhaps?"
He moves away from the forge with the bucket and towards a large smelter towards the back of the shelter next to the house. He starts working on separating the gold from the ore.
Kyle: (Sorry guys, trying to finish something)
DM: (ok)
Siara rubs at his right temple, not wanting to reveal exactly how the gold was acquired. "Yeah, the original reason we came here... We're looking for a wizard named Mala... Maka..." He sighs and looks back at Tindomerel. "Help me out here."
DM: "Malakhi," Angel says. "He was your neighbour for a while... we were wondering if you perhaps knew where he had gone?"
DM: The half-elf blows out a breath of air and sighs. "That fellow... kept to himself for the first few months, lived with another of his kind that I figured was his brother." He continues working on the smelter and the gold ore. (Sorry, quick brb)
Nanteu waits a few feet from the group as they go about their business. She stands in the sunlight, her already fair features highlighted by the glow of day. Her auburn hair is illuminated, and her sharp features strengthened. She is a modest beauty, seeming to hold all of the positive traits of her people. Occasionally she will glance over to her new companions with an even, amber gaze, sometimes stright to the one who had killed the bear. With the aura behind her, and even when without, it's no wonder Rooke holds such a candle for her~
Nanteu: (thought i should just add something.
Siara: (Called it)
Siara tilts his head. "Another of his kind?"
Kyle is back with some questions of his own.- "Excuse me, you mean to tell me you never once thought of speaking to the two considering they were of your kind? Seems kinda un-elfish.. Anyideas of where he could be, what he worked on, did for a living? Maybe his dogs name, anything?" -he says with a light hearted voice, trying to keep blacksmith favor. But Kyle eye's couldn't help but wonder about the man's wears that he sold hoping to find something to buy. After his last made trap, Kyle felt like he really needed to stock up on some simple things just incase. He knew how helpless the party would be if it wasn't for his stroke of genius in the mine earlier.-
Kyle: (Kyle is gloating in his head heh)
DM: (Gloat gloat)
Kyle: (I don't think Shea was there for that amazing trap, and plan he had)
DM: The half-elf stares at Kyle for a moment, then snorts. "He's not my kind. Neither he nor his brother! I have no clue what they were, despite the elven air that Malakhi tended to have about him. I did speak to them from time-to-time, yes, even did business with them. Usually just sold them the small knickknack like a doorhinge or some nails, but eventually they started putting in mass production - I believed they were building a fort of some sort with the things they demanded of me, but I have no clue... I eventually told them to find their business elsewhere seeing as I am no mass producer..."
DM: (Called what, Siara? )
Nanteu: (nope. missed it.
Siara narrows his eyes as he listens to the story. "Building a fort... It couldn't be Windwater, could it...?" He looks up at the half-elf. "Do you have any idea where they might have gone, or where this fort might have been?"
Siara: (I kinda figured Nanteu would have a think for Rooke.)
Nanteu: (-^^-)
DM: (XD)
Nanteu: (ooh, i have chocolate!)
Nanteu: ( D)
DM: (*grabs fro the chocolate!)
Nanteu: (*flees*)
DM: The half-elf shakes his head and focuses on his work so he won't singe his hands. "I'm not completely certain, but I did hear they were headed Southwest to the mountains. What's odd is they burned down the house they had when they left... mind, he was into some strange wizardry, so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually burned down the house by accident and were forced to leave to find shelter."
Siara blinks, his ears rising slightly in surprise. "And... how long ago did the house burn down?"
Kyle turns back to the group with a 'what ya think' face, more toward Angel and Na'to- "Why don't we check out the cinders may find some clues there..., what do you think Angel, Na'two?" -Kyle says, unable to say Nanteu name correctly ether.
DM: "Two years ago," the half-elf says. "He lived there for three years in total, I believe... I really have no idea where he originally came from though. I once tried to ask him when he came down to the shop for another pack of nails, but he shrugged it off and said that wherever he was from, Elmrock Keep and its' lands were a far better place."
Nanteu grins at Kyle. "You were close. It's Nahn-two. And I think your best chance of finding something would be going straight to the mountains, though checking the remains of the building wouldn't hurt, either."
DM: "Mountains are big," Angel says softly. "A house is smaller and easier to search... especially when there isn't much left of it..."
Siara sighs. "So close..." He then looks back at the group, his eyes a bit more intense than they should have been. "Do any of you need anything?"
Kyle: (Kyle is terrible with Elven names, he didn't even call the queen the right name)
DM: (I have 1 hour!)
Nanteu shakes her head at Siara. "I'm fine, thank you."
Nanteu: (why only one hour?)
Kyle: (She hates us)
DM: Angel shrugs her shoulders, indicating she has nothing she needs. Rooke shakes his head, also having nothing he has to buy. The half-elf waits patiently.
DM: (Because my mummy said so. It'll be midnight then.)
DM: (I love you guys!)
Nanteu: (ah. well, if mummy says so..)
Nanteu: (<3)
Kyle exclaims to the half-elf- "I require two light crossbows, two bear traps, and three grappling hooks? Ya got those?"
Siara raises an eyebrow in surprise at Kyle's sudden burst, then slides to the right so that he can talk directly.
Kyle holds a hand up and starts counting off something inside his head- "And maybe four to eight bells.. also.."
Nanteu: (.. the heat coming out of the side of my laptop has melted some of my chocolate..)
Kyle: (Muahahaha)
DM: The half-elf puts down his work and puts up a finger to motion them to remain where they are. He passes them and wanders into the hut. He takes a few minutes before coming out again, the two crossbows tucked under his arm and the traps and hooks in his hands. He wanders back under the shelter and places the items before Kyle on the stone edge of the forge. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two small little bells. "These are the only bells I have in stock," he tells Kyle. "Farming grade - goat-sized. Will they do?"
Kyle is actually surprised someone had to those items all the way out here in the forest, but does not complain- "Perfect! Now how will I pay for these?"
Kyle "And at least ten bolts if ya got'em.. Otherwise the crossbows are useless."
DM: "I get your point," the half-elf says and reaches into another pocket of his apron - he seemed to have thought ahead. "I have twenty here."
DM: "And the pay... no pay. Getting me the gold should be pay enough and I still owe you some of that gold ore in thanks... why don't you come back after you've finished looking at Malakhi's house's remains? I can give you directions. Hopefully by the time you're done, I should be done with the smeltering..."
Kyle can't help but feel giddy gladly taking his items and promptly stuffing them into his pack, he can be seen grinning ear to ear.- "Sounds like a amazing plan, let's go check that house out my elven party.. Oh I can't wait to see what I can do with all this.."
DM: "I'm not an elf," Rooke murmurs. "And directions would be good..."
Siara glances back at the party. "You guys go if you want, I'll catch up in a moment." He turns back to the half-elf. "Do you know where I could get a small gem and some leather gloves, or a traveling staff of some sort?"
Raiden was timed out 5 seconds ago
Kyle: (ROUND)
DM: "Go Southeast for about two miles. You should come across a small stream - follow that east until it bends northwards and break off into the forest to the east. You should come across a stone path which will lead you to the house. If you get lost, I'd suggest just heading north until you find the sea then double back west to Elmrock Keep," the half-elf says in directions. He then turns his attention to Siara. "I have some leather gloves and a staff which I can give you for free, but the gem... that will have to cost you. Some of the ore should be all right as payment. And it's not just a gem - it's a ring."
Siara nods. "Perhaps we could arrange a trade when we get back." He turns and leaves the hut, heading for the charred house remains.
Siara: (Could I reallocate some of my skill points? I realize now that I probably won't need some of the ones that I took.)
DM
Rooke eyes Nanteu's sides, glancing for weapons in hoping that maybe he can determine her skills... however, he gets a little distracted by her hips and just grins before stepping after Siara. He has to take another glance back at her to try and figure out her weapons seeing as he forgot the first time. Angel rolls her eyes at Rooke before shoving his arm. "You're not discreet at all, might I say..."
"Who says I'm trying to be discreet?" he whispers with a smirk.
"Elves have excellent hearing."
"Oh, crap!"
DM: (Which skills?)
Siara: (Heal and two from Ride into Spellcraft)
DM: (Sure.)
Nanteu 's face darkens a few shades, and she quickens her pace, heading from away from Rooke and closer to Siara.
Nanteu: (extra from in there somehow. and LOL rooke)
Siara: (Updated sheet - http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... )
DM: You take the directions that the half-elf blacksmith gave you and manage to follow them pretty well until you reach the bend in the stream that he mentioned. There, Rooke points out that he's not certain whether they were meant to follow the river or go east into the forest. Angel manages to repeat the directions word-for-word, so Rooke gives up with a shrug as Angel leads them east. As the half-elf suggested, they soon find themselves on an overgrown, weedy stone pathway. It moves between trees that seem very cramped together compared to the rest of the forest, making the path dark and the way ahead uncertain.
DM: ('Tis good)
Siara looks around slowly as they approach. "Nature's done quite a number on this place. Wonder if anything would even be left..."
DM: Eventually, the path leads out into a clearing... and there, you find the overgrown remains of a house that might have once been quite stately if not for the fact that it simply is no longer standing... It lies in black, rotten wood remains and broken bricks soiled with old, grey ash. It appears to have been fairly large, but the remains simply don't hold anything of value. Whatever fire took place here, it seems to have wiped down the whole place and it's internals. There may have been north and south wings of the property and a portion that juts out west... you can see the remaining foundations, at least. In the center of where you imagine a dining hall may have once been, the ground has broken up and a brand new tree stands proudly, it's short branches outstretched in victory of having broken through the foundations to live.
DM: "This isn't really a winning piece of real estate," Rooke drily comments. "The trees completely block out slanting light..."
Kyle: (Search checking time?)
DM: (Yup!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (I forgot my CS)
DM: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle: (16!)
Siara holds out an arm to stop Kyle before can advance to far. "Do you mind if I do a small test first? We wouldn't want to pick up something else that's trapped, you know."
DM: (16 for Rooke)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (14 for Angel)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Nanteu: (boo.)
DM: (Add your total bonus you have on your CS for Search.)
Nanteu: (total of 7)
DM: (boo! )
DM: (I have... 30 mins)
Nanteu: (D
DM: ( D: ? )
Nanteu: (D:
Nanteu: (the ) stuffed it up ._. )
Kyle: (6'~')-o
DM: (Reply! XD)
Kyle: (Reply to what Vex?)
Siara: (Gonna check for magic in the house, or traces of it)
Nanteu sees nothing out of the ordinary herself, but chooses to stay behind the others before getting the okay to go ahead.
Siara sets his pack down and lifts his hand to his face, filling it with green light as he does so, closing it to a fist. He touches his lips to his fist and the magic seems to spill out like shining emerald dust. "Reveal it all..." Lowering his hands to his right side for a moment, he throws his hands forward as if throwing water from a bucket, heaving the green dust over the remains of the house, where it hands in the air for a moment. A bright green flash fills the space and the area surrounding the house becomes illuminated by inverted light, like looking at a photo negative.
Siara: (There goes one lv0 slot. Anything magical in the house?)
DM: Siara, you can feel the remains of magic in this place, even in the ash. It is dark and makes you feel dirty just knowing it's there. Despite the overwhelming sensation of magic, you catch on fairly quickly to a patch near the tree that is more heavily endowed with magic. Your druid senses tell it isn't on the tree, but whatever it is, it interfered with it's growth.
DM: You can feel the magic get stronger BENEATH the tree.
Kyle stops and holds his hand out for Siara to let him finish whatever fairy dust act he needs to do. Keeping his arms loose he watches smiling at Angel with a small wave trying to pass the time.
DM: Angel gives Kyle an odd look but smiles and waves back before averting her eyes awkwardly.
Siara tilts his head as he gets feedback from the spell. He slides his right foot forward and shifts his hands sharply, causing the negative space to flash again. "Something's here..." He slowly steps into the negative space, unable to sense the source of the magic directly, but feeling it nearby.
Kyle: (I'm so pumped about this junk and traps I have now)
Siara: (What do I have to beat to make a concentration check?)
DM: (I'm not sure... Kitt?)
Kyle: (Depends on what your concentrating on)
DM: (... *scrambles to put stuff underground before you guys get there!*)
Kyle: (Hold the spell active, or something else?)
Siara: (To find the location of the magic)
Kyle: (Well she already told ya where it was, if you want more detail the check would just get higher and higher depending on how much detail you want.)
DM: (I was giving that as a freebie for your druid tingly senses since it was near the tree.)
Kyle: (I would say 10 -common 15- uncommon - 20+ rare)
Siara: (Alright then, I'll finish this up)
DM: (13 mins)
Nanteu: (tick tock)
DM: (Kyle must look like a vendor with all his junk and traps... XD)
Siara sinks into a low stance and presses his palms out beside him sharply, causing the negative space to disappear. A nearby tree begins to flash negatively as the spell resonates with it. "...the tree. Something's buried near it."
Siara: (Well thanks for the freebie, I should have checked about concentration before starting. xD)
Kyle: (Wat'cha buying?)
Kyle: (It's all in his pack, two light crossbows side by side, ect)
DM: (I waaaaaant... a brain!)
DM: "The one in the middle of the house's remains?" Angel questions softly. "Buried...? Maybe a trapdoor?"
Kyle points at the ground and then back to the two elven girls with a confused face- "Is this another elven thing, that's just build in?"
Nanteu: (he doesn't have one! ahahaha)
Siara joined the chat
Nanteu: tilts her head. "'Another' elven thing?"
DM: "He means trapsensing," Angel says. She shakes her head at Kyle. "One of us would have to walk past it to pick up on it... and I don't have the ability. None of us have stepped towards it, so we wouldn't know."
DM: (Elves have an innate sense to tell where secret doors are)
DM: "Sorry, not trapsensing!" Angel rubs at her head.
Siara: (Secret doors or magic doors?)
Kyle holds his hands up to each of his own ears pointing at the sky- "Ya, like do the knife ears help ya sense hidden things, and fairy dust is what I'm asking?
DM: (Secret)
Nanteu nods curtly. "Oh, yes."
DM: "I reckon magic," Angel says with a soft shrug to Kyle. "Elves are one of the races most skilled in it, so it's not too surprising... my father's genes overrode my mother's, so I don't have the ability. My magic is strong, but many elven aspects of my heritage are missing."
Kyle: (Being human rocks, I got 4 skill points and a extra feat)
DM: (5 mins!)
Siara lowers his head into his hands like he has a headache. "...crap, not again..." He slowly walks towards the tree, carefully stepping through the ash and charred remains, sensing about for dirt to dig through, or a hidden door somewhere. "How do we get to it...?"
Nanteu: (so what is the ability then, if not trapsensing?)
DM: (Hidden-Door sense!)
Kyle: (Lets just call it, I have alot people walk ing)
DM: (Aw, ok)
DM: (Goodnight guys!)
Nanteu: (D: Goodnight!)
Kyle: (Night)
DM: (This was fun!)
Kyle: I'll be on Fog in a bit
Siara: (Ta)
Nanteu left the chat 9 seconds ago

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:10 am by Kate Orchix

Session 9 (28th October 2012)

Roland changed name to Kyle
DM changed name to Awesome
Maelari: (Well that's kinda bugger all.)
Maelari changed name to Siara
Kagome changed name to Raiden
Roland changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (bUGGER ALL?)
Shea left the chat
Kyle: (ROUND)
Siara joined the chat
Nanteu joined the chat
Nanteu: (ehe. closed the tab..)
Raiden joined the chat
Siara: (Closed the whole dang window =w=;; )
Awesome: (Both of you at the same time? XD)
Nanteu: (Woo!)
Awesome: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Siara: (If something does bugger all, it does nothing. If something is bugger all, it's crappy, in the sense that it seems unfair.)
Awesome: (it's in the player handbook, I read about it a while ago... nasty one. )
Siara: (Wait, what's in the handbook?)
Awesome: (Detect THoughts)
Siara: (Oh)
Awesome: (220)
Awesome: (page number)
Siara: (I would have thought that since she's an elf and can sense magic, she would have felt something drilling into her brain for at least a split second)
Awesome: (You fumbled, so nup!)
Awesome: (Completely enamoured by the berries!)
Siara: (I don't intend to detail what she's thinking all the time, so you'll have to ask for it xD)
Awesome: (So, read up on the history, Siara, Nanteu?)
Siara: (Yeah)
Nanteu: (Yup.)
Awesome
( Siara - http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Kyle - http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Nanteu - http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... ))
Awesome: (Are you guys waiting on me?)
Siara: (On Kyle, actually. I'm just wandering around, feeling for a door.)
Awesome: (I'll detail it then.)
Nanteu: (so should Nan try and get a feel for the door, seeing as she's an elf, or don't bother? can she even do it at all? '>>)
Kyle: (I'm not doing anything your all being elf like and stuff)
Awesome: As you step over the rotten, burnt wood and shattered bricks of the ruined house, Siara, you find yourself intuitively drawn to the spot as an elf. (Nanteu, if you were to move closer, you'd be getting this feeling too, being an elf. You don't even need to try do anything else - you just know.) The small tree that grows in the middle of what may have once been a dining room seems to be your target... about three feet away from it, you feel the door. A trapdoor, most likely. The spot you are drawn to has dirt and ash all over it and a few small weeds are starting to grow.
Kyle: (Also if you want to crunch rules Vex, elfs don't auto feel magic, just randomly sometimes catch hidden doors, I just let you sense magic cause you were playing a magic class with the spell Detect magic, and gave it to you as a sense to make your first game easier)
Nanteu: (Rightio)
Siara: (Ohhhhh, okay)
Kyle: (..and you fumbled)
Awesome: Angel watches the house for a moment, then glances towards Kyle. "Where do you come from?" she suddenly asks. "What... town? City or settlement? You're not really like most people around here... just saying."
Nanteu eased closer to the tree, her hands habitually out in front of her, fingers splayed, as though trying to get a feel for the magic in that area. "There's defintely something there." Inching closer, she kneels close to where the trap door is, and starts brush the dust away from that small area.
Siara slowly steps over and through the ashes, gritting his teeth as his robes start picking up loads of ash. As he gets close to the tree, he feels it - something hidden. Nodding to Nanteu, he crouches down and starts pushing the ash away to clear the area.
Nanteu: (Elf team work, aho!)
Awesome: As your fingers brush through the dirt and weeds, Nanteu, your nails scratch on a wooden trapdoor. Brushing away more of the dust with Siara, you both find the trapdoor to be about 5x5 feet and locked on one side - the lock doesn't appear to be magical in any form, just a simple lock that needs a key.
Kyle is following everyone confused and wondering why everyone is suddenly interested in this tree's area; till Siara speaks up claiming to find a trap door. He pause and just watches the elfs and wonder what else those funny ears could do, then glances at Angel- "Me? I come from small village up in the Greyer's Marsh, where it blends into the forest of Chessmark.. Why do you ask? Is not being alike a good thing?"
Raiden bounds over to Siara, sending small clouds of ash into the air with each leap, then wags his tail quickly nearby, creating a small breeze to blow away another small area.
(Change of font color)
Kyle is following everyone confused and wondering why everyone is suddenly interested in this tree's area; till Siara speaks up claiming to find a trap door. He pause and just watches the elfs and wonder what else those funny ears could do, then glances at Angel- "Me? I come from small village up in the Greyer's Marsh, where it blends into the forest of Chessmark.. Why do you ask? Is not being alike a good thing?"
Kyle: (easier to read)
Awesome: (Thanks! )
Kyle: (If I wasn't distracted I would help)
Awesome: "Greyer's...?" Angel looks perplexed for a moment, seeming to mouth the word 'Chessmark' and looking distractedly at Kyle as she thinks. "I don't know of either of those. We're a forest and mountain nation - the forest stretches to the ocean on all sides, there are no other... forests here. Only the one. However you came to be here, I can only think that maybe you sailed from the southern continents... they have marshes."
Nanteu gives a cheerful whistle, and buffets away the rest of the dust from around the trapdoor. "The mystery deepens," she says, glancing at Siara with a small grin. "Locked. Someone want to smash it?"
Awesome: Rooke wanders over, taking his light mace from his belt. "Well, if we don't have a key, sounds like a good idea..."
Siara looks at the door curiously, then steps back so Rooke can smash it.
Siara: (I think I'm going to sell off one of the scimitars and use it as a back up, main with the warhammer and switch to proficiency)
Awesome: (All right )
Awesome: (An elf with a warhammer...)
Siara: (Scary shit, I know)
Siara: (DON'T PISS OFF THE DRUID)
Awesome: (A sadistic druid elf with a warhammer... SQUISH ALL THE CUTE BUNNIES!)
Awesome: (Soooo... I guess I should smash the lock that needs a KEY right about now... *readies light mace...*)
Siara: (...totally forgot that key.)
Awesome: (I wrote it down in the loot, along with the property claim note)
Kyle doesn't believe his ears shaking his head laughing lightly- "No.. no, no.. that can't be right. Your telling me you never been to the city of Chessmark? The City of Hunters? The Kingdom of Scale? Nothing? Wow.. just wow.." -he seems speechless not even wanting to go into detail.
Siara: (still w)
Kyle: (F keys, I'm about to open this trap door if no one else does)
Awesome
Angel frowns at Kyle and shrugs. "No, never heard of it... though you never seemed to have heard of Elmrock Keep from what I hear." She adjusts her cloak and the edge of her dress at her neck, shifting the armor to be a bit more comfortable. "Elmrock Keep isn't the largest, but it's the greatest political city in Elmrock."
Rooke raises the light mace, about to bring it smashing down on the lock...
Siara holds up a hand to Rooke. "Wait... This couldn't be...?" He dashes over/through the ashes, leaving a small trail behind him as he heads for his pack. Digging through it, his hand brushes against the gold earring. He pulls it out and looks at it for a moment, then pockets it and keeps digging, finally pulling out the letter that Hyna had. He retrieves the key, then dashes back over to the lock and kneels next to it, slipping the key in and giving it a firm turn. (Is it or is it not the right key?)
Awesome: (It is the right key! W)
Awesome: (Windwater Hall)
Siara grins as the lock clicks and the door opens slightly. "Welcome to Windwater Hall, ladies and gentlemen."
Awesome: You slip the key in and it turns with a creak, the lock popping open. Rooke smirks and puts away his light mace before fitting his fingers under the edge of the trapdoor. "Handy elf." He heaves open the trapdoor. A musty, rotting flesh smell rises to greet them and the light falls on stone stairs leading downwards into a basement. "Pew... Lovely name, terrible match..."
Nanteu looks shocked as he manages to unlock it. "You just.. happen to have the key," she says, mouth agape. "Well..
Siara blinks as the key snaps after unlocking the door... (Please tell me one of you gets the joke xD)
Kyle: (nope, but I wish you wouldn't had done that)
Siara: (Kitt really should, he's a gamer)
Awesome: (Mm... was gonna use it for something else, but now you have to get into it the hard way. )
Siara: (Key doesn't really break unless Kate says it does, it was a joke line)
Nanteu: (I immediately though Skyrim/Fallout, but..)
Nanteu: (they dont actually use keys.)
Nanteu: (just bobby pins/lockpicks.)
Siara: (In the Legend of Zelda, any key that you pick up in a dungeon can only be used once, implying that it breaks off in the lock)
Kyle: (Oh.. Well I'm not a huge Nintendo fan, sorry )
Nanteu: (Ah. Neither)
Awesome: (There's a bug that reproduces like that to make sure he keeps the female... ah... never mind!)
Awesome: (The key can stay intact for now. Moving on!)
Siara: (Key's not actually broken, it was a joke xD)
Kyle holds his hand out for everyone- "Ladies first? Or would you like me to jump into this pit trap for you dames?"
Awesome: "Oh please, go right ahead," Angel says with a slight smirk as she moves to the edge of the trapdoor and peers down the stairs. "But I'll go first. I can see better than you lot in the dark and I may be able to spy any traps."
Kyle pocketing the lock might I add
Awesome: (*edits loot*)
Siara slowly pulls the key out and heads back to pick up his pack and warhammer, dragging it through the ash. "No one needs to jump anywhere, we're just going underground again." He takes a small breath, frowning at the smell. "And with any unluck, we'll run into some zombies."
Kyle takes a huge breath and exhales following behind Angel with his longbow still in hand- "Ahhhh.. smells like home.. "
Kyle takes a huge breath and exhales following behind Angel with his longbow still in hand- "Ahhhh.. smells like home.. "
Kyle: (Woo lets go deeper NOW!)
Nanteu gives Kyle an odd look and enters behind him. As she passes the first step, she removes the shortbow from her back and knocks an arrow, just in case, also keeping on alert for thepresence of magic, and where it feels more concentrated.
Nanteu: (well, i probably should have described her appearance apart from the picture..)
Raiden follows Rooke closely, hating to not be right next to Siara but knowing that light is needed.
Awesome
Angel ventures down the stairs into the darkness. You all lose sight of her soon, but she turns back and you see the spookiest glowing aqua eyes. "No traps on the stairs," she says, then whispers something in Infernal. You all feel shivers crawl up your spines at the dark, foreign words... then small lights burst before them, lighting the way. They dance above Angel as she moves, three little white glows.
The room they enter into (Room 1) is in perfect condition and appears to be a simple kitchen basement. There are counters at the walls and a small kitchen table in the centre of the room. On the counters you can see... rotten meat. Rotten meat and rotten vegetables.
Awesome: http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c53.0.403.403/p403x403/69345_452141581499364_1106104487_n.jpg
Awesome: (The doors on that map are all shut.)
Siara shrugs and takes up the rear, keeping the hammer over his shoulder so it doesn't clang on each step.
Awesome: Rooke stays outside at the trapdoor, keeping watch. Just-in-case.
Awesome: (brb)
Awesome: (back)
Kyle focuses deeper looking into the darkness as Angel's eyes come into focus, before quickly throwing up his hand as soon as the sudden floating lights come into life. He relaxes pulling out his hatchet and putting away the longbow as he shifts around the room prodding the rotten food with his axe and looking to the group- "Hmm.. well I think this stuff is bad, I'm surprised it's still here after three years though.. Maybe someone been here before that.. Let's see what's in here.. " -search roll!
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Kyle: (11!)
Kyle: (ROUND ALSO)
Siara holds out a hand, building a magic charge in case something decided to attack while Kyle's looking around. "This is Windwater Hall?" He pulls out the note. "Just how long ago was this thing written?"
Nanteu wrinkles her nose. "I wonder why he was down here, when he would have had a perfectly good house to eat in. Unless it's not ordinary meat," she sayd, mostly thinking aloud. She moves towards the closed door leading to Room 2, checking the counters nearby as she goes.
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Nanteu: (11 for search)
Awesome
Room 1 - The counters have cupboards beneath them, but just a glance inside confirms only the presence of pots and pans and the occasional scrap of food. Kyle, you find a black glass container and remove the lid to find the aromatic scent of honey rising. Honey doesn't spoil, you remember.
Room 2 - Nanteu, you enter into a room with cages lining the walls. At one side of the room, you find an alchemy table and a ruined book - it seems someone purposefully took the book and burned it over a candle. The candle is standing in a sludgey mess of wax on the edge of the alchemy table. It is not stocked, but you find a vial of murky green fluid beneath the table. The cages are empty but you figure they would easily contain creatures such as dogs or even humans. In one cage, you see a skull of what you imagine to be a goat.
Siara pockets the note after a moment and looks at all the rotten meat and vegetables. "Well, if we want to take a break and get a good meal, I could restore all this to good condition..."
Awesome: Angel flicks her finger upwards into the air and one of the three dancing lights suddenly shoots off with Nanteu to light her path in the dark. She glances over at Siara. "It was burned down two years ago and the blacksmith said he'd been here a while before that, at least some months... I would imagine a few years though. He's been here in Elmrock for 7 years... I am not hungry, but Rooke might be. He's still outside."
Nanteu looks discomforted, and walks along the wall with the door, examing the cages as she goes. When she reaches the table, she ducks down and plucks up the vial, glancing at it's contents every now and then as she turns a few pages of the ruined book. "You should all see this," she says from the other room.
Nanteu looks at the light, grateful for its illumination. She runs a finger along the edge of a page, ash and soot transfering onto her fingers. Distractedly, her gaze flits to the goat. She swallows. "Poor goat."
Awesome: Some of the blackened pages simply crumble in your fingers as you turn them, Nanteu. Others still have writing on them, either in Elvish or an unfamiliar language, but are barely discernable due to ink smudges and the destructive work of the flame.
Nanteu: (goat skull*)
Siara glances around. "Seven years?" His ears perk up as he hears Nanteu in the next room over and heads in to see what she found, stopping and almost involuntarily taking a step back out as he sees the mess and the cages. "What in the world...?" He slowly steps back in, visibly spooked by the Little Pet Shop of Horrors theme. "What was he trying to do here?"
Nanteu shakes her head, her feelings a mix of disappointment, well-concealed horror, and a strange curiousity. "Some sort of alchemy. I'm not sure about the specifics. I can barely make out the writing here. He did a good job of destroying the book."
Awesome: (Nanteu, what languages do you speak? Same with you Siara?)
Nanteu: (Common, Elven and Draconic.)
Nanteu: (Well, common is obvious xD)
Siara: (Common, Elven, I'll take Sylvan for the last one instead of Draconic since Maelari has that)
Awesome: Angel stays in Room 1, taking her dagger and prodding at one of the pieces of rotten meat as if to make certain it is dead. She turns it over, then tentatively sniffs at it before recoiling.
Awesome: (All right. Then you both can only see the Elvish writing. The other writing seems familiar, but neither of you can understand it.)
Nanteu: (yay!)
Awesome: (brb!)
Kyle: (I just order a large pizza.. for me, and ONLY me)
Siara: (Skinniest fatty I've ever known)
Nanteu: (what kind, kitt?)
Kyle: (Spinach, garlic, sausage )
Nanteu: (eh. spinach goes all weird on pizza. but other than that, sounds good )
Siara tightens his grip on the warhammer, slowly approaching Nanteu. "So it's a book. And a vial of goo. What of them?"
Kyle bends down searching the kitchen for anything useful, he does manage to take one of the smaller pots, and tuck it away into his packbag. Then stands watching Angel as everyone else leaves the room with those two alone- "Ya.. nothing in here but maggots.. So.." -he says awkwardly trying to lighten the mood- "Pretty neat light spell ya got.. Can you change the colors?"
Kyle also takes the honey opening it showing Angel
Kyle: (Spinach is a amazing green, one of the only that I will each much better one white sauced pizzas )
Siara: (Spinach pizza can be really good if it's made right)
Nanteu rubs the corner of a page. "It's either a spellbook or a potions book. Not just some ordinary book, that's for sure. As for the goo.. Failed potion, most probably, otherwise he wouldn't have left it."
Siara: (And don't look to Raiden to drag all your crap around if you run out of room to carry things)
Kyle: (You two, I would suggest trying a skill check.. Disceper script or however you spell it )
Nanteu: (well i usually try to avoid it. dad sometimes puts it in stirfry's, though)
Siara: (Read Magic)
Siara sets down the hammer and holds out a hand for the book. "May I? I might be able to read it if there's magic in it."
Nanteu hands it over gently, leaving the same page open. "There's definitely some elvish in there, but I can only read a few lines, or pieces of."
Awesome: (Sorry guys, just a few more minutes... we have visitors. I can sneak back soon! XD)
Awesome: (Brb)
Siara lets the hammer lean against his leg as he takes the book in his left hand, touching two fingers to his forehead lightly and closing his eyes. "What is the spell...? What is your power...? Give me the sight to see..." He opens his eyes to show that they're glowing bright green, filled with magic, and he scans the page slowly. (If it's a spell or magic, what exactly is it?)
Kyle: (I am the skinniest fatty you'll ever see.. and handsome too!)
Nanteu: (dashingly so, i bet)
Kyle: (No need to bet, you've already seen my picture xD *stuffs face with pizza* )
Siara: (Yes, the... no, won't go there. xD)
Nanteu: (have I? o3o)
Nanteu: (xD)
Siara: (Well I COULD go there, but it would probably awkward territory for him)
Nanteu: (Yeah.. no)
Kyle: (Due to boredom and need to post something which picture would you like? Ratty picture or blurry new hair cut picture? )
Nanteu: (Blurry new hair cut will do.)
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
Kyle: (Too bad I want to show off my pet)
Awesome: (Back, sorry!)
Awesome: (Lemme just read up)
Nanteu: (That's a big ass rat.)
Nanteu: (xD WB Kate.)
Kyle: ( <3 Splinters my buddy)
Kyle: ( I got bored and posted pictures!)
Awesome: (Haha!)
Nanteu: (His name is Splinter?! That's the best!)
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a... )
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... )
Kyle: ( Ok I'm done..)
Awesome: Well... Siara, as you attempt to decipher the page, you discover it has no magic in it. After staring at the Elvish for a while, however, you do start to make out words. "... experimentation on Subject 5 was successful... Subject 7 made the morph, I gave it a ... ate the whole thing and left only its skull... choked on the goat's femur and died..." That's all you can get from the page you have open.
Nanteu: (HAHAHA the dog!)
Kyle: ( Her name is Face)
Awesome: (That cat is so laidback...)
Nanteu: (AHAHAHA)
Kyle: ( Me and Mr. Binks just playing Zelda on the 64 on a lazy sunday)
Nanteu: (I want animals with cool names!)
Kyle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
Nanteu: (Aw. she's all halloween-y)
Awesome: Angel twirls one finger above her head. One of the two lights above her turns orange, casting a spooky light over the room. She peers into the honey jar and grins before quickly sticking her finger in the jar and turning away to lick the honey off her hand. "Mm-mm... this definitely isn't made near Elmrock Keep..."
Kyle: (Dat Face.. aww)
Kyle scratches his head wondering how she knew the honey wasn't from Elmrock Keep- "What do you mean isn't made near Elmrock? Your place is surrounded by a forest and your telling me you guys don't have honey or something?" -he stops catching a glance at part of the gang and points over his shoulder- "Honey let's go take look at what they got, maybe they found something sweeter."
Siara: (Sorry for long afk, Ava randomly decided that NOW would be a good time to get sick and vomit all over the floor)
Awesome: brb
Raiden was timed out 6 seconds ago
Kyle: (Muahaha, my pizza driver doesn't understand a lick of English those crazy Italians )
Kyle: (ROUND)
Siara frowns, frustrated that he wasted the magic, but reads over the page nonetheless, trying not to shake in mixed fury and disgust. "...alchemist. This is a journal." He indicates the room around him. "And these are his experiments." He hesitantly turns the page, not wanting to read more, but knowing that he should if he wanted to know what happened.
Nanteu moves away from Siara to further examine the cages and the rest of the room. She passes the table, still keeping a hold of the sickly green vial, and leans over oddly without bending her knees, to peer inside the second last cage from the door. Aside from the glow of the orb, it is still shadowy over at the far side of the room. She squints, her amber eyes eerily similar to an owls. After a moment she sighs and stands back up, looking sorrowful. "Monster," she whispers.
Awesome: (Sorry, will be back and forwards, so a kinda brb)
Awesome: "... only Subject 2 remains. Her mate died unexpectedly last night - also choking on a bone like Subject 7 - might need to work on this. I don't believe their original form knows how to chew properly... gave birth last night... upstairs into the house and had to get Nateshk to round them up. Two were killed... escaped off into the forest..."
Awesome: As you hold the green vial, Nanteu, a soft pink glow starts growing from within the liquid, pulsing with the beating of your heart through your palm. The green remains, but the pink glow within is fairly noticeable.
Awesome: "We get the best honey," Angel murmurs softly to Kyle. "My mother has a bit of a sweet tooth... this stuff here is sweeter than any we have. I'm not sure if it's the maturation or if it's a different type entirely, but it's very nice..." She follows him through to Room 2 where the others are.
Siara: (w)
Awesome: .
Nanteu: (who's next?)
Awesome: (Anyone! Read the posts)
Siara narrows his eyes in disgust as he reads over the second page. "Forcing a creature to change form... How disgusting..." He starts to turn to the third page, then stops as it starts to click. "Changing a base form...?" Flipping back, he rereads it. "Escaped into the... Oh my goddess..." He drops the book in horror and dashes out of the room, calling up the stairs. "Rooke!! Raiden!! Be careful up there!!!"
Siara: (Couldn't figure out how to word it properly)
Awesome: Rooke peeks his head down the trapdoor and looks at Siara. "Why? What's...?" He pauses, looks around, then frowns and looks back down. "Thanks for the uhm... concern? We're doing okay up here, right puppy? Right." He gives Raiden a pat on the head, then resumes his watch.
Awesome: (You guys know you can still do sense motive on Rooke and Angel, right? They're still NPCs. )
Kyle hugs the wall as Siara has another one of his panic moments, as he dashes pass him. Only giving Angel a questionable look and shrug before pushing on into the next room with Nanteu- "So.. anyidea what flipping out Siara this time Nantwo?" -he asked while scanning the room and cages. He was use to cages, as Greyer's Marsh was a popular poaching area.- "Hmm.. cages.. that's never a good sign." -Moving the last room!
Awesome: (No last room yet. http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak... Moving into 3?)
Kyle: (Ya THREE!)
Kyle: (Also my pizza driver had the funniest accent I've heard in a while.. I still gave him a $5 tip xD )
Siara lets out an exasperated sigh and heads back into the room with Nanteu. "Kyle, remember that thing we fought in the forest, the one that turned into a chicken after we killed it?"
Nanteu spins around as Siara rushes out, but once she hears that Raiden and Rooke are alright, she simply stops in her tracks.. and realises the vial is glowing. As Kyle comes in behind her, she obviously hadn't head him. "I- What in the.." she mutters, holding the vial up to the light.
Kyle yells over his shoulder- "Chicken? No I remember the rabbit, that had all the heads and moaning.. Why?"
Nanteu: hasn't*)
Kyle: (heard*?)
Awesome: Room 3 is larger than the last two, but it is empty... empty but for a large chalk rune on the floor. It stretches out a fair distance - you could lie in the middle of the rune with your arms and legs outstretched and not quite reach the edges of the intricate drawing. Lying on the floor nearby is a piece of chalk lying on a folded piece of paper. You can see clear black writing on it in Common: "Nateshk, don't touch the rune while I'm gone!"
Siara shakes his head. "Chicken, rabbit, whatever it was. It wasn't a spell that caused it to change, it was alchemy. A potion, much like that one." He points to the vial in Nanteu's hand, then pulls his own hand back slowly when he sees the glow. "...what did you do to it?"
Awesome: Nanteu, the pink within the murky green depths disappears as soon as you hold it up to the light. You're pretty sure you see the lid of the vial budge just a little, almost as if whatever is inside is trying to escape.
Nanteu swallows nervously, noticing the bulge at the top. "I didn't do anything to it. It just started glowing. I was only holding it, like this," she says, and wraps her hand around it again fully.
Awesome: The pink glow returns and the lid doesn't move anymore. The pink glow remains within the murky green, but it swirls a little and turns within the vial.
Kyle completely doesn't even notice Nanteu's glowing vial, and just thinks it some Cat's Eye she might have. A common vial sold where he was from that could produce a small light when shaken. After causally glancing around the next room he can't help but grab the piece of paper and try reading it while walking back to the group with his head still down reading.- "Huh?.. So just to let ya know there seems to be some.. magic trap thingy in that room, something about the floor.. I did find this thought!" -he said reading the letter outloud if he can
Siara looks at the vial intensely. "It looks like it responds to heat." He jumps slightly as he hears Kyle from the next room, and drags the hammer along behind him. "Don't let that thing out of your sight, I don't want to have an ooze monster on our hands."
Awesome: "Nateshk, don't touch the rune while I'm gone!" is on the outside of the folded piece of paper. Within, you find more writing in Common. "You poked it, didn't you? Bastard." And that is all.
Awesome: Angel isn't really investigating anything, but she's watching the vial with some degree of interest while maintaining the dancing lights. The orange one went with Kyle when he broke off into Room 3 and is still following him. One is still above Nanteu's head and the last is still above Angel's head.
Nanteu nods and checks the vial to make sure the lid is on securely, before slipping into a leather pocket of her belt. She moves again, gliding almost, through to the next room, but stays as far from any of the chalk outlines as possible as she works her way to the other side of the room, away from the others, to investigate over there. It could be anything, but.. "It looks more like a summoning rune, like one used in rituals. Only speculating, though. If he said not to touch it, it doesn't necassarily means it's dangerous. Maybe he just didn't want it to be ruined in preparation for something."
Siara "But for what? What could he want to summon that he couldn't simply make?"
Awesome: "Maybe he wasn't powerful enough...?" Angel murmurs solemnly, gazing at the rune. Something seems to be pressing on her mind.
Nanteu "That's possible, I suppose," she says to Angel. "Are you alright?," she says to the Tiefling, as if in afterthought.
Kyle feels like he is just standing around useless compare to everyone super elf senses, so he passes along the note to Angel and snatches her hand to lead her in the other room with the summoning rune.- "Well.. I feel as useful as tits on a bull.. How about you take a look and see if we can get out of this sinkhole before I summon something.. Come on, join in.." -leading to room 3 and near room 4
Awesome: Angel was about to respond to Nanteu but gives a little gasp of surprise as Kyle tugs her inside the room instead of her just standing at the doorway. She looks at the rune a bit more closely, glances at Nanteu, then Kyle, then back to the rune. "My kind... tieflings... sometimes we use runes to contact our uhm... our... our uhm..." She struggles with trying to find an appropriate title. "Our ancestors, or uhm... the starts of our 'taint'. Usually a devil... I... yeah. Long story. Uhm..." She gives a frustrated stare at the rune before shaking her head. "This isn't... dark. This is something else. Whatever he made this for, it wasn't for a demon or anything... maybe a contact rune...? But why so big?"
Nanteu "Something big on the other side?"
Kyle: (Sorry girls, had to tell Vex something)
Kyle: (tits on a bull heh, you girls can't tell I'm southern can ya? xD )
Siara: "Big rune, big demon. That's as simple as it gets."
Awesome: (It's very easy to tell. )
Kyle listens in happy to finally hear what Angel's true race is without having to ask before stating out loud- "Well I'm going to open this door.. cause I can't do much else.. So everyone prepare yourself, for something.. I don't know.." -he clasp the door handle and presses his ear up to it (Listen check)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Awesome: You hear nothing.
Kyle opens the door quickly and holding it open- "Let's see what's in here.."
Awesome: Room 4 has a desk to the left of the door, but it has been burned down into a wooden mess... There are two large wooden barrels (you imagine filled with alcohol) to the right of the door, and in the middle of the room is a tall wooden box about ten feet tall and 10x10 feet.
Nanteu as Angel and Kyle investigte the last room, she says to poke around, caring little if she steps inside the run now. She glances about and walks around the room in a circle, searching for a spell book or some kind or some kind of tome.
Nanteu: rune*)
Nanteu: (that was a really bad response xD)
Kyle smiles seeing the barrels and the tall wooden box. He wonders what manner of creature or equipment he could have stored in there, and why he didn't bring it with him. Taking some soft slow steps forward to the tall wooden box, he would knock on it and listen to see if it's hollow.
Awesome: (Tell me if you do touch the Rune. )
Nanteu: (well she's stepping on it xD)
Nanteu: (and through it)
Kyle: (ROUND ladies)
Awesome
The box is hollow, but the sound doesn't echo as well as a completely hollow box would have, Kyle... annnd...
Nanteu, a brilliant red flash fills the room as your feet move onto the rune... and you feel as if a hand has picked you up and tossed you across the room to smack into the wall. No real damage is caused, but Angel rushes to your side. "Whoa, what-!?" The rune's chalk marks are now glowing red, lighting up Room 3.
Nanteu heartily coughs as she clutches at her chest, the breath having been knocked out of her. She cringes at the pain in her back, squinting as she winces, taking deep, slow breaths.
Nanteu "Hu..ugh.. Well.. that was.. Fun?"
Awesome: A deep hum resonates through the room, coming from the rune.
Awesome: (Siara?)
Nanteu: (Naw..)
Awesome: (WHERE IS HE? *blubblers!*)
Kyle: (His router has been funky give him a moment)
Awesome: (Ok. You post!)
Kyle leans closer to the wooden box giving it a few more knock hoping it wasn't full of anything left alive down here.- "Hmm.. wonder what nice trapping gear he might have left in here.. Why don't w.." -he said before getting cut off at the noise from Nanteu being tossed like a rag doll. Ducking his head back in with a raised eyebrow looking at both girls- "Umm.. somethings happening I'm guessing? Ya poked it didn't ya? Ah shit.." -he say naturally reaching for his longbow
Kyle: (ya his router died I texted him)
Awesome: The red glow of the rune glows upwards, a mist-like substance coming from the rune as it rises. The red mist swirls violently in the room, brushing over everyone, but not leaving anything on them or doing them any harm. It floats above the room and you hear a guttural sounding growl come from the rune. Nothing happens...
Awesome: (All right. *lingers*)
Nanteu: (how long are you on for tonight, Kate?)
Awesome: (Uhm... maybe another hour and a half or two hours. I have school tomorrow.)
Nanteu: (alright. well, same.)
Kyle: ( So anyways.. What's going on?)
Awesome: (IC or OOC? )
Awesome: .
Kyle: (Just in general, trying to make small chat)
Nanteu: (dinner! ill bbl)
Awesome: (Uhhhm... I'm waiting for dinner, feeling utterly tortured by the scent..."
Awesome: )
Nanteu left the chat
Kyle: (You two and your dinners.. man I wish I had dinner made for me every night.. what's it smell like?)
Awesome: (YUMMY. I think there's mince in there, some veggies... maybe even some kumara.)
Kyle: (Mince is ground beef right? What's kumara?)
Awesome: (Sweet potatoes)
Kyle: (Guess it's snack time break )
Awesome: (*is hungry*)
Siara joined the chat
Kyle: (Too late Siara.. everyone died)
Siara: (Oh darn)
Awesome: (Hey!)
Siara: (Hate this router so much, it just randomly turns off)
Awesome: (No, we're not gone. Shea's just eating dinner... so am I now! I'll be back soon!)
Kyle: (And I'm doing my round early)
Siara: (I'll go play a custom with my mate then)
Awesome: (back!)
Awesome: (Aw, you could have made a post... )
Siara: (How can I post when everyone's dead?)
Awesome: (... what's the last thing you have of us playing?)
Siara: (Too late Siara.. everyone died)
Awesome: (... huh. I'll post some history.)
Siara: (Kidding, I'll make a post)
Siara: (I see it)
Awesome: (All right.)
Siara stands at the doorway, watching these events, then shakes his head slowly. "My gods, how can you just walk across that..." He hefts the warhammer over his shoulder and heads over to stand near Kyle. "Whatever's hiding behind that rune, it's not happy we're here. Nanteu was right, it's a summoning rune. Ready for a fight?"
Kyle: (shea shea isn't back yet.. )
Awesome: Angel rapidly shakes her head - she looks scared. "If that is truly a summoning rune, we need to leave! Right now!" She grabs Nanteu's hand, tugging her up to her feet and around the edge of the rune. "We don't have the resources to fight something like... like..." She's gone incredibly pale, her aqua eyes looking lost and terrified... she pitches away from Nanteu and leans against the wall, bent over and holding her belly. Without further ado, she throws up.
Awesome: (She'll be back soon!)
Nanteu joined the chat
Awesome: (See?)
Nanteu: (muaha)
Awesome: .
Awesome: (Anyone writing? )
Siara: (I am)
Siara looks down with a soft laugh. "Demons aren't a part of nature... Which means I can kill them without offending my goddess..." He leans back slightly, craning his neck around to look at Angel, mostly upside down. His eyes seem lit from behind and the madness is swirling in his eyes. "Ha... Hahaha... How I've wanted a good fight...♥"
Nanteu twirls about dizzily, having been launched onto her feet. After a moment she rights herself, then raises a brow inquisitively as Angel is sick. She pats the tiefling lightly on the back, then throws a concerned look at Siara.
Siara: (He gets like that when he feels outclassed. Instead of backing down, he sorta loses control and becomes more sadistic until the threat passes.)
Kyle isn't too keen on running but he knows he can't protect three young girls all at the same time, not matter how much he wishes he could.- "Are you sure? ..we still haven't.. Chec.. Angel, Nannytwo let's get out of here!" -he yells seeing Angel lose her lunch. Then throwing his longbow over his should as he runs by to lift up Angel knowing he was the strongest of the group and heading for the exit stopping only to bark orders.- "Come on Nantwo, Siara shut the damn door on your way out.. Rooke!"
Kyle:
Nanteu then reaches for her rapier, having done away with her shortbow when she had picked up the vial earlier.. The vial.. "Where's the vial?!," she shouts as Kyle goes to leave, gazing across the threshold, the empty pocket in her belt now too light for her liking
Kyle: < Vex ^^>
Nanteu: (muaha. )
Siara:
Nanteu: (I'm starting to like Siara and his crazyness.)
Awesome: The vial is resting just within the edge of the rune, the mist swirling about it. It must have fallen out of your pouch when you were thrown. The pink inside it is only tiny, but the lid is trying to wobble free again.
Awesome: Rooke looks down the trapdoor, yelling. "What's going on down there? Need me?"
Siara snaps out of his haze when he hears that the vial was dropped. "You did WHAT!?" He stands straight again and dashes for the door, holding the hammer tightly, ready to crack the skull of anything that tries to stop him. "Screw this. That vial is too dangerous around the rune. We're outta here." He calls up to Rooke. "Get off the stairs, we're coming up!"
Awesome: Rooke moves away from the stairs, waiting for the lot of them to come upstairs.
Awesome: Angel is continuing to be sick, her face pale and her body starting to shiver. It's like the sight of the rune broke something in her head, some sort of barrier. In fact, the whole mention of tieflings and devils and demons seemed to knock her off her usual happy mood. Kyle, as you carry Angel, you can feel that dark, creepy feeling that is about her intensify to the point where you're so certain something is breathing down the back of your neck.
Awesome: .
Nanteu glares over at the entrance. She couldn't leave it. "No way! The vial's dangerous enough on it's own! If it binds completely with the run we're dead!," she calls after Siara. Inching closer and closer to the vial, she makes sure to keep her feet away from the chalk outlines. She reaches over, leaning onto a knee, and brushes the end of the vial. It spins, and this time she swats it away, just enough that it is pushed away from the rune.
Nanteu: (didn't know how far i should go with Kate; if you want to do something. if not, im fine with getting away alive xD)
Kyle is secretly thinking something is chasing him and uses that fear to drive his legs even faster not wasting time to stop. Pumping his way outside and a good distance away from the burn't house till his lungs were flared up and forcefully made him stop dropping to his knees, trying to lay Angel down softly.- "Run, run run run, RUN!" -he thinks non-stop, but not outloud that would look cowardly
Awesome: The rune's mist continues to thrash about violently, yet having no effect on the surroundings. However, just as you spin the vial... the cork unpops. The green, murky liquid shies away from the mouth of the vial, almost as if it feels the cold air rushing in. The pink disappears completely as the green liquid presses itself up to the edge of the glass, trying to retain its warmth.
Kyle: (Kyle has left the building.)
Awesome
Angel has her eyes shut and is clutching at the edge of her armor near her neck. She's shut off the rest of the world and is just shivering, still terrified.
Rooke frowns, watching Kyle zoom off with a cloud of ash stirring behind him, then glances for Siara and Nanteu. "Come on, come on," he softly mutters, nervously.
Nanteu makes a grab for the cork and shoves it in again, tightly enough that the vial itself would have to be smashed apart for the liquid to get outside. She holds it close and jumps back onto her feet, making a beeline for the stairs and upwards to the burnt remains of the house.
Awesome: (Siara?)
Siara: (w)
Nanteu: (*prods*)
Siara glances back at Nanteu, seeing what she's trying to do, going even paler than normal when the lid comes off, then glancing at it curiously. "It hates cold..." He shakes his head to clear his mind, waiting for Nanteu to leave before heading out. He looks back at the rune, and at the mist, and a slight grin touches his lips. "Sorry to bother you, big boy. Go back to sleep. I'll be back for you later..." With a wink at the mist he runs into the other room and scoops up the journal, then books it up the stairs.
Siara:
Awesome
Rooke slams the trapdoor down once everyone is out, then stands on it just to be certain. He frowns, looking at Nanteu and Siara before pointing off towards the forest. "Kyle took off like a hare back to the path with Angel in his arms... what happened down there?"
"Hello?" a masculine voice calls from below.
Meanwhile... Angel slowly sits up, her eyes opening, and she fearfully glances around before exhaling noisily and holding her hands across her face. "Did it kill the others?" she softly whispers.
Kyle: < Lol>
Kyle:
Siara slides to a halt on the ashes, dropping the warhammer and pulling the key from his pocket. He leans down and locks the door, calling over it. "Nobody's home!"
Nanteu doubles over, her back still throbbing from striking the wall. "It was my fault. I stepped on the rune and it triggered the.. whatever it was. Demon. I lost the vial when it hit me across the room.. " She holds an arm over abdomen, shaking her head.
Awesome: (He can't lock the door. Kyle took the lock. )
Siara: (...how does ones just... take a lock?)
Kyle is catching his breath while wiping his head looking off in the distance chuckling- "Nah.. It wasn't quick enough, we all got out in time. Pfff~ Do you really think something like a little drawing on ground would be enough to kill me Angel?" -he laughs lightly flopping onto his rear hard
Nanteu: (Dunno. But Kyle can)
Awesome: The vial is glowing pink again, now only with a slight amount of green. It's obviously searching for the heat from Nanteu's hand.
Kyle: (It's a trap door, the lock is like a locker lock.. simple you take it off.)
Kyle: < http://geekleagueofamerica.com/2012/08/2... >
Nanteu: over her*)
Siara: (A padlock? I thought it was just build into the door.)
Awesome: (Padlock.)
Awesome: Rooke looks concerned about Nanteu, a hand moving towards her, but he thinks better of it and drops it back to his side. "You're not hurt, are you? And what... vial?"
Siara looks over at Nanteu. "Keep that safe, but don't let it get too warm. Whatever's in there is attracted to heat."
Awesome: Angel just looks at Kyle a moment before swallowing... or rather, gulping. She rubs her face again before shakily starting to stand. "I'm sorry for freaking out... I've woken one before when I stumbled across a rune, and... I... the people I was with, he killed them all but spared me because of my heritage. A chalk drawing on the ground CAN kill you."
Nanteu gradually straightens to a standing position, though her confidence is bruised, and she barely looks at the others. Instead she gazes at the swirling contents of the vial again. "I'm alright," she says to Rooke, though still averting his gaze. "And I will. Keep it safe."
Awesome: As you look at the vial, the pink violently tosses itself upwards towards the cork. You feel the bottle shake with the impact, but the cork doesn't budge.
Awesome: (brb)
Nanteu "You're not getting out, kotya. I'll be making sure of it."
Siara: (Dang, I don't have any kind of magic to seal the vial, and life magic isn't really good for that)
Kyle shakes his head waving off her comment- "I've yet to find anything able to finish me, and it ain't going to be some little devil ether.." -he stops to gasp for some air standing back up, and wiping away some sweat off his brow- "And I wish you would have said something before.. hand. I'm not sure if you should tell.. the others that, could freak some of them out. Let's go check up on them, you can walk right?" -he asks holding a hand out to help if needed, still acting nonchalant
Kyle: (ROUND)
Nanteu: (it'll be fine for now - she screwed the cork in pretty tight, at least)
Awesome: (I'm back and I have another hour! XD)
Nanteu: (wish we had longer, but still :B)
Awesome: "I'm fine," Angel softly murmurs. She is still a bit shaky, but seems to have recovered for the most part as she peeks through the trees back at the others in the distance. "I... don't think it was a real one, anyhow... if it was, it could have just followed them..."
Awesome: (I love how paranoid you guys are about everything you come across! I'm not sure if it's me making you like that or you guys... but whatever it is, it's a lot of fun!)
Nanteu: (probably you, you throw a lot of stuff at us xD)
Awesome: (Heee!)
Nanteu: (oh and; http://www.scribd.com/doc/62514045/D-D-3... )
Siara wraps the key into the letter and slides it into his pack. "Well, it's not a total loss. We found out where Windwater Hall was, we have a vial of gunk, and Whats'-his-name's journal. Maybe I can find out what's in that vial, since it's obviously not a plain potion." As he puts the journal away, he spots the earring and pulls it out of his pack. He lets it lay on his palm as a small sphere of negative light pops into existence. "Identify." The earring floats off his palm and into the sphere of negative light. (Is it a spell that's contained in the earring, or just a magic effect?)
Nanteu: (it's not d&d, it's actually Tolkien's and they've just called it that. but I'll probably be using it occassionally from now on)
Awesome: The pink of the bottle is still for a moment... then it sinks to the bottom of the vial before violently shoving itself back up towards the cork. You believe you see the cork shift a fraction, but you aren't certain... it must be your eyes deceiving you.
Awesome
(I was wondering if you had gotten your hands on that... I use it too. You can probably find out what Tindomerel's name means. )
(It's contained within the earring - you equip it, you instantly get the benefits of it.)
Awesome: Siara, you identify the earring to be helpful rather than harmful. Your magical senses tell you that it will help you in determining your surroundings, especially by hearing... You will have to try it on to feel the effects.
Nanteu presses her thumb into the cork in just in case. Flipping open the pocket of her pouch, she places it back inside and closes the flap, clipping it shut. It would be relatively cold, or at least the same temperature as the outside environment, and secured well enough that it wouldn't simply fall out.. unless she is thrown into the air again.
Siara gazes at the earring as the sphere fades and it turns light green. "That's... transmutation? I wonder..." Rubbing his fingers over the tip of his right ear, he builds a charge of magic to numb the pain, then sends a spike of natural energy through it, creating a small hole. He gasps softly, having expected it but disliking the pain anyways, and fits the earring into the hole. He takes a slow, deep breath as the effect enters his body - everything sounds much crisper and pronounced, easier to tell one sound from another. "...now I know how they heard me coming."
Awesome: (Okay, wait for it...)
Awesome: (Wait for it...)
Nanteu: (o3o)
Siara: (What, am I going to hear someone jacking off behind a tree?)
Awesome: (Be nice. XD)
Siara: (Well then I could say I heard someone else coming too. xD)
Kyle: (Oh ya..)
Awesome: To start with, everything just sounds lovely and crisp for you, Siara. However, as soon as you hear Rooke shift and the wood of the trapdoor creak beneath his feet... you realize just how strong this item is. You are almost deafened by the ROAR of the wood... whereas, Nanteu or Rooke would only hear the tiniest squeak. You suddenly realize that Kruk, the gnoll you took this from, must have been completely deaf! This must have been a custom-made item for him. (Wait for it...)
Awesome: (!!!)
Awesome: (+10 to awareness. Possibility of being stunned if you do a low will save.)
Siara: (o_o)
Siara: (You, uh... do realize that I'm going to roll well over 20 on every awareness check now, right?)
Nanteu: (D )
Nanteu: (nooo emoticon you killed it)
Nanteu: (it was meant to be all *shocked face* ~)
Kyle comes back to group with his chest puffed out and Angel following behind him- "So, everyone's all ok and dandy right? Ya, I know I saved the day again.. We really need to work on our escape routes next time.." -he says smugly crossing his arms- "Well... now what?"
Awesome: (How you use it: Roll for awareness, add your bonuses, then do a will save. If you get a low will save, you may be stunned and deafened. If you get a high will save, you'll manage to get through the ear-pain. You're going to have to roll over an 18 everytime on a willsave.)
Siara: (Ouch)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle: (bluffing everyone)
Awesome: (... you should have said that before you rolled the twenty. XD)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kyle: (bluffing everyone)
Awesome: (... gosh, I think you still win.)
Kyle: (better?)
Siara perks his right ear up, glancing slightly behind him. "We're fine. For now. You and Angel are fine as well, I see. And hear."
Awesome: (yarr... XD)
Awesome: (Another thing with that earring - don't wear it in combat, otherwise you're going to have to make a willsave EVERY SINGLE ROUND... OF EVERYONE.)
Siara: (I don't plan to xD)
Siara: (I just save time and make the will save instead, between the earring and my bonuses, I'm going to roll 20 at the very least if I do an awareness check)
Awesome: (Nope. You can still roll fumbles.)
Siara: (1 +9 + 10)
Awesome: (Even with a fumble, you still have to make a will save.)
Awesome: (Fumbles are auto fail.)
Siara: (Bleh)
Awesome: (Yup. It has downsides.)
Awesome: Rooke folds his arms across his chest and nods down at teh trapdoor he is standing on. "Well, I'm curious as to whether or not you lot actually got anything you needed from down there..."
Kyle: (Sense motive checks to see threw my white-lie!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Awesome rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Awesome rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara: (16)
Nanteu shrugs. "Just some killer goo and a book of barely comprehensible alchemy notes."
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Awesome: (17 for Rooke, 13 for Angel)
Awesome: (You pick the number we're going for, Kitt.)
Nanteu: (10 for nan)
Awesome: (30 mins)
Kyle: (The number is my Bluff score vrs your Sense Motive score.. So.. Angel and Nanteu think I did some brave stuff YES only the girls believe that's all that matters)
Awesome: (HAHA!)
Nanteu: (xD)
Siara shrugs, grinning to himself as he hears something of a waver in Kyle's voice, but ignoring it. "I can look over the journal more later, see if I can't decipher more of it." He reaches up and takes off the earring, tucking it safely away in his pack. "Shall we head back to the blacksmith?"
Siara: (If we end it after the blacksmith, I'll start Siara's change)
Awesome: Angel is quiet, glancing to Kyle every now and again. She's wondering why he carried her all the way to the path... it doesn't seem to have occurred to her that he was just scared poopless. She feels a little special and thinks he did it just to make sure she was safe and away from whatever was down there.
Kyle chest is still puffed out- "Ya it was pretty scary I bet for everyone else.. I worry what would have happen to these two princess if I wasn't there.. All that matters is everyone made it out alive, I'm happy to see that." -he says (Kyle is being so fake right now xD)
Siara: (Makes me think of Black Star)
Kyle: (Yup)
Awesome: Rooke rolls his eyes and shoulders his pack. "Kyle, you're such a... kidder." He moves past Kyle, dropping a hand unceremoniously on Kyle's head and completely mussing up his hair. "Enjoy it while your baby face still turns the charm on by default..."
Kyle: (Best part is, I have nothing in Bluff or even a Cha mod.. so it was just raw dice)
Kyle: (We can end it whenever)
Awesome: (To the blacksmith?)
Awesome: (I still have 20 mins!)
Awesome: (I'd go longer if I wouldn't get told off!)
Siara stands with the pack and places the warhammer over his shoulder. "We got some treasure and we spent a good amount of time here. He must be done by now." He starts walking towards the blacksmith's shop.
Nanteu blinks confusedly, but gives Kyle a small smile. She thinks that what he did was heroic enough, and chooses not to question it further. She holds a hand over the vial pocket and turns away from the others, still feeling as though things could have gone much worse because she had been careless, and let go of the vial. She follows quietly, head down.
Kyle head is about to float if he gets anymore praise by this point- "Alright, to the blacksmith.. I'll cover the rear again, and make sure nothing catches us by surprise."
Kyle: ( https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... )
Siara: (I guess one positive thing about being stunned on awareness checks is that as long as I don't fumble it, everyone knows something is coming because I either say it or I double over in pain xD)
Kyle: (That is true)
Nanteu: (works either way!)
Awesome
It isn't long before you all arrive back at the blacksmith's. The half-elf is bent over the smelter with some very small, delicate tools as he works carefully. This time, he glances up and sees your approach and grins before carefully setting his work aside. He tugs off his gloves and wipes his hand across his face, leaving a smear of grime on his cheek.
"All right, good to see you lot back... I cut down the gold a bit into smaller chunks for ease of carrying and got the items you asked for... leather gloves, a walking staff, and I have the ring with the gem if you have something you can trade, elf."
Awesome: He displays a tall walking staff to you - it's straight and made of firm oak, good quality. The leather gloves he shows you are the right size, Siara, and are well-made.
Awesome: (10 mins)
Nanteu: (T~T)
Siara: (w still)
Siara sets the head of the hammer down with a heavy clang, then looks over the items. "Very nicely made..." He looks to the half elf. "For the ring, I don't know that I can offer much that you would be interested in... A scimitar, three daggers, and two potions of revitalization. I wouldn't be hurt if you didn't think it a fair trade, the gem would simply help with a condition."
Kyle sits and thinks whether or not he should tell the blacksmith about the house incase anyone else stumbled onto it; he wouldn't want innocent blood on his hands. So after waiting for Siara to finish his business he steps of catch the blacksmith's attention trying to give his word weight- "Sir, I just you should know that you may not want to tell anyone else about that burnt down house.. The cellar is haunted pretty bad, almost stole my sweet hearts soul over here." -he points to Angels- "So just becareful, I would also say if ya got a strong lock handy you may want to go back and lock that place up tight.."
Kyle: ( Lawful Good to the core! )
Nanteu: (Hah. Love Kyle <3)
Siara looks over his shoulder at Kyle. "Or you could just go back and lock it yourself. We kinda needed that lock."
Nanteu waits nearby patiently, lost in thought.
Awesome
Rooke stands boredly off to the side, his eyes tracking back to Nanteu and watching her. His gaze settles on the pouch at her side, curious about the vial but not enough to actually voice his interest. Angel, quiet since they started walking, has stayed close to Kyle. She even goes so far as to touch his cloak from time to time as if to make sure he's still there.
The blacksmith seems to consider Siara's offer a moment, then tilts his head back. "A scimater and those two potions should do it..." He trails off, looking at Kyle for a long moment before frowning. "The cellar was still there? Huh... and haunted...? Weird..."
Kyle looks back at him with confused face- "What lock? That old, rusted piece of junk that any four year old could break? It's needs something sturdy, something well made by a master craft men, like this chap."
Kyle: ( Ya, take that Siara!)
Awesome: (I'll be on tomorrow probably. Dunno if I'll be up for D&D, but hopefully I will!)
Kyle: ( Alright, Back to FOG if anyone want's to chat after my round)
Awesome: (Goodnight guys!)
Siara: (I'll just finish this post then.)
Nanteu casts a glance at the blacksmith, but thinks better of her suspicion. She pulls the vial from its pouch and gives it a once over, rubbing the tip of a finger along the length of it and watching as the goo responds to the heat it emits.
Awesome: (ok)
Nanteu: (night night <3)
Kyle: (Shea what do you like about Kyle?)
Kyle: (ropund)
Nanteu: (His honesty. and his ~boyish charm~, of course)
Awesome: ( )
Awesome: (What's your suspicion of the blacksmith, Shea? )
Nanteu: ('Huh.. and haunted.. Weird." to me that's almost like; "Ohhh. The cellar is haunted? ..Yeah, I didn't know about that. Nup. Not me.")
Siara glares at Kyle before turning back to the blacksmith, unhooking the left blade and sheath from his hip and digging the potions from his pack, laying the trio gently on the counter and picking up the exchanged items. "Not so much haunted as... well, there's a summoning circle down there, how about that?" As he slips the ring onto his right hand, it flashes brightly, then fades. "...excellent. Thank you very much for these, they will help me greatly." Hefting the warhammer and the staff after putting on the leather gloves, he starts heading outside before turning around to look at the party. "Oh... You might want to stay put for a bit, or leave a note with the town guards, if you want me around any longer. I have something that I must attend to, and I suspect it will take a day or so to complete." He leaves the hut, heading back into the forest in the general direction of the charred house. "If you value your lives, you won't follow me..."
Awesome: (You can do a Sense motive check... but I won't be able to tell you until next time. )
Nanteu: (well, why not.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Awesome: (All right, neat! GOodnight guys! *finishes up taking history*)
Awesome: (I'll leave you in suspense. Bye! *disappears!*)
Nanteu: (bai, Kate!)
Nanteu: (*glare* '>>)
Siara: (Laaaater~)
Nanteu: (Siara's BA)
Siara: (He's Chaotic Neutral, what did you expect?)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 pm by Kate Orchix

*Alternate Session 1 (27th and 28th October 2012)

DM
Meanwhile, elsewhere in another part of the forest... Two strangers have been wandering the forest for days, lost, hungry, and alone. They have not seen eachother as of yet, but unknowingly are wandering in the same direction towards a very small town.
Maelari, you are not quite as hungry as the other fellow might be. You managed to catch some small game while wandering the forest, but you're not so certain you cooked it well enough as you didn't want too much of a campfire with all the strange moaning and growls through the night. So far, you have not been attacked by anything, but you feel it is only a matter of time. You do not remember how you came to be here in the forest. All your gold is missing except two pieces - you awoke beneath a grove of birches, the two gold coins resting over your eyes. After searching about for a bit, you found a set of large boot tracks leading away from your location through the woods. You have been following them for the past two nights and one day, feeling that maybe they are the only thing that will lead you to where you're meant to be... 'cause you certainly aren't meant to be in these unfamiliar woods. Along the way, you found a letter that the mysterious person with the tracks seemed to drop. The letter described the strange event of the bearer having lost his or her memory of the past little while, stating an unfamiliar date and saying it is the last day they remember. 26 Bloomfire.
Roland, you woke within the entrance of a small cave only yesterday. With you was an injured old orc bleeding to death from an axe's slash. You questioned him and he told you of the memory problems that the locals seemed to be having and how something had attacked him, but he died just as he was about to tell you just whom or what had caused his death. You wandered aimlessly from the cave and into the forest, uncertain of where you were headed or just where exactly you were. All your gold (and the gold of the dead orc) is missing. Last night, just as you were about to make rest, you stumbled across large boot prints in the grass - recent. You started following them... and heard something behind you, someone walking after you and the tracks.
(Ranger's know North, so you might as well know that the tracks are headed East. Neither of you have crossed any rivers worth mention, but streams are common enough. If one of you ever climbed a tree, you would have just seen forest stretching out North before the distance confused your vision. To the Southwest, a massive mountain range which curves around into smaller mountains in the south. East, more forest.)


Maelari – Binary Melody
Roland – Ikitt

Maelari sighs, her knees drawn up slightly. "This isn't what I had in mind when I wanted to be an adventurer..." She pulls out the letter. "Where the heck is this supposed to go, anyways?"
Maelari: (Shoot, even I'm trying to adjust to the new attitude... Hmm. xD)
DM
Sir:
I hope this isn't another of your jokes. I believed your kind were above this sort of tomfoolery. Childish pranks are not going to win the hearts and minds of the people, and I believed you wanted nothing more to do with them? What was this meant to do?
DM: (Posted too soon. Don't read that!)
Maelari: (Being lv5 means that Ranger is lv4, right?)
Maelari: (Just trying to figure out what I could choose from as an animal companion)
Roland had been following the last strand of hope he had left, the giant foot prints. With everything that had recently he happen he was lost, and standalone along this path groaning with each steps as they feet became heavier and heavier. He keep dragging his feet till he stumbled and crashed into a tree holding his stomach, cursing at it screams for food- "I know... I'm starved too, but we got to just keep goin.. Lady Luck ain't going to let us die like this..." -he said to himself trying to keep strong.
Roland: (I'm hungry IRL Q~Q but I forgot to pack lunch...)
DM
Maelari, the letter reads...
Sir:
I have lost my memory of a limited time, it would seem. This is no hangover - Alward has the same problem as I do and he does not drink, as you can imagine. My last memory is of 26 Bloomfire, I was delivering a package to your contact at Windwater Hall.
I hope this isn't another of your jokes. I believed your kind were above this sort of tomfoolery. Childish pranks are not going to win the hearts and minds of the people, and I believed you wanted nothing more to do with them? What was this meant to do? Did you intend for them to forget you altogether? If that was the case, let me be one of the first to inform you that it did NOT work. Shit, whatever, I'm throwing this away... why am I still writing!? It is left unsigned, but has a frustrated scribble of ink and many blots at the bottom of the page.
Maelari: (I'm having some trouble here. When exactly am I able to have one of the alternative animal companions?)
DM: (Both of you do Awareness checks. Maelari should catch up with Roland soon. ... and Kitt, poor you!) (I'll have a look, Vex...)
Roland: (What are you trying to get?)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Maelari: (Something other than a riding dog xD)
Maelari: (Like, leopard or cheetah)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Maelari: (15)
Maelari: (And I need to know what I can get so I can make the companion accordingly)
Maelari: (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger )
DM: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger#... )
Maelari: (Farther down though. What is "a sufficiently high level"?)
Roland: (At 4th level, a ranger gains an animal companion selected from the following list: badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, eagle, hawk, horse (light or heavy), owl, pony, snake (Small or Medium viper), or wolf. If the campaign takes place wholly or partly in an aquatic environment, the following creatures are also available: crocodile, porpoise, medium shark, and squid. This animal is a loyal companion that accompanies the ranger on her adventures as appropriate for its kind.)
Roland: (Those are your choices. If you were a druid you could get a higher one, but ranger lvls count half toward gaining a larger AC)
Maelari: (Eh... Stick to another riding dog then.)
Roland: (Why not a Wolf, or Hawk?)
DM: (Aw, not a camel!?)
Roland: (Austin had a Camel once xD Then Toker killed it the bastard DM)
Maelari: (Because a riding dog could lug our crap around for us later.)
DM: (So can Camels!)
DM: (Nasty Toker!)
Maelari: (But camels are ugly!)
DM: (THEY'RE AWESOME!)
Nanteu joined the chat
DM: (SHEA! Haha, should we switch back to the other game now? XD)
Roland: (Also thanks guys/girls for chatting with me, make work go by so much faster)
Maelari: (A wolf then, and if Kitt allows it, Esch can summon a permanent companion later)
Nanteu: (You can keep going if you want - don't really mind '>> you just started xD)
Maelari: (I say let's switch, we've only got a few hours)
DM: (Ya, I say so too.)
DM: (But keep this game for just-in-case!)
Roland changed name to Kyle
Maelari: (Sure, gives me time to make a description for the wolf)
DM: (*nudges Kitt* It's fun!)
Maelari changed name to Siara

TIME PASSES…


Roland: (Man I'm a terrible writer at night, I swear Kate I do write better when it's not pass midnight and I have hurt finger)
DM: (Hehe, that's okay. I'm a terrible writer sometimes too...)
Roland: (Just reread that and laughed, so many grammar errors)
Maelari: (Remind me, is it morning or evening?)
DM: (Morning, same time as the other group)
DM: ( Maelari sighs, her knees drawn up slightly. "This isn't what I had in mind when I wanted to be an adventurer..." She pulls out the letter. "Where the heck is this supposed to go, anyways?" )(You said this last, before the letter. )
Kagome reads the letter for a third time, tempted to crumple it up in frustration, but realizing that it's the only lead she has for moving forward. With a grumble, she tucks the letter away, then fishes a small bag from her pack. "Oi, Hume. Uh... Roland. Do you want the rest of these berries? Might tide you over for a bit while I go see if there's something else to eat here."
Kagome: (Nope)
DM: (Heh heh, wrong person!)
Maelari: (Dealwithit.jpg)
DM: (Also...)
DM: (You're not travelling with Roland)
DM: (I'll get you the first post.)
Maelari: (I thought we were together ._.)
Roland: (Muahahah)
Roland: (We can be.. maybe)
DM
( DM
Meanwhile, elsewhere in another part of the forest... Two strangers have been wandering the forest for days, lost, hungry, and alone. They have not seen eachother as of yet, but unknowingly are wandering in the same direction towards a very small town.
Maelari, you are not quite as hungry as the other fellow might be. You managed to catch some small game while wandering the forest, but you're not so certain you cooked it well enough as you didn't want too much of a campfire with all the strange moaning and growls through the night. So far, you have not been attacked by anything, but you feel it is only a matter of time. You do not remember how you came to be here in the forest. All your gold is missing except two pieces - you awoke beneath a grove of birches, the two gold coins resting over your eyes. After searching about for a bit, you found a set of large boot tracks leading away from your location through the woods. You have been following them for the past two nights and one day, feeling that maybe they are the only thing that will lead you to where you're meant to be... 'cause you certainly aren't meant to be in these unfamiliar woods. Along the way, you found a letter that the mysterious person with the tracks seemed to drop. The letter described the strange event of the bearer having lost his or her memory of the past little while, stating an unfamiliar date and saying it is the last day they remember. 26 Bloomfire.
Roland, you woke within the entrance of a small cave only yesterday. With you was an injured old orc bleeding to death from an axe's slash. You questioned him and he told you of the memory problems that the locals seemed to be having and how something had attacked him, but he died just as he was about to tell you just whom or what had caused his death. You wandered aimlessly from the cave and into the forest, uncertain of where you were headed or just where exactly you were. All your gold (and the gold of the dead orc) is missing. Last night, just as you were about to make rest, you stumbled across large boot prints in the grass - recent. You started following them... and heard something behind you, someone walking after you and the tracks.
(Ranger's know North, so you might as well know that the tracks are headed East. Neither of you have crossed any rivers worth mention, but streams are common enough. If one of you ever climbed a tree, you would have just seen forest stretching out North before the distance confused your vision. To the Southwest, a massive mountain range which curves around into smaller mountains in the south. East, more forest.)
)
Roland: (And avoid that awkward moment)
DM: (I have repeated the whole thing to you guys... backwards! XD)
Roland: (This game just got better)
Maelari: (That's what threw me off, is the "other fellow". I assumed that we had met and were traveling together at that point.)
DM: (Oh, sorry. XD I was doing an OOC thing there, so my bad)
DM: (I did imply that Roland has stumbled onto the tracks ahead of Maelari)
Maelari: (So we're not actually together, and not really near each other yet, but we could run into each other soon.)
Roland: (brb sorry)
DM: (Yup. I had Roland do an awareness check just before we stopped last time. It was gonna be for hearing Maelari coming, but I'll let that go for now.)
Maelari: (Alright then, rewriting)
Maelari reads the letter for a third time, tempted to crumple it up in frustration, but realizing that it's the only lead she has for moving forward. With a grumble, she tucks the letter away, then fishes a small bag from her pack. "She dumps the contents into her palm, disappointed to realize how few berries she had left. She pops them into her mouth, then puts the sack away, standing as Kagome finishes her meal. "Gotta find another berry bush soon..."
DM: (You guys are on your own for now. )
Kagome finishes pulling meat from a small squirrel's carcass, licking the remains from her lips and rolling onto her back to wiggle around for a moment before standing with a growl-yawn and a stretch. She looks up to Maelari questioningly.
Kagome is a Tundra Wolf, found in the coldest region of the White Forest. A large wolf with sleek white fur that seems to ripple constantly, as if water was flowing over it. Soft patterns weave over her fur in spirals and curves, softly glowing with an icy blue light that courses through the design like a waterfall.
Roland: (I suddenly remembered how to heal ingrown nails, and treat them ROUND)
DM: (... we know stuff now. About Kitt.)
Maelari reaches down to scratch behind Kagome's ears affectionately, tracing the spiral on her head and following one of the trails down her back. "We'll find more food soon. We gotta keep moving for now though." She draws her bow, keeping an arrow at the ready in case anything skittered by, and returns to the tracks she saw earlier, following them swiftly.
Roland keeps at the tracks wondering if he should dump his small pack, just make the long hike easier but with no gold he thinks that could be problematic if he makes it to town. As long as there is gamblers and drunks he knew he could earn a warm bed, and maybe some company for night. But only if he makes it to a town before starving to death.- "By the God's come on, don't deal me nothing, give me atleast two pair or somethin!" -Survival roll for food!
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Roland: (ROUND)
Maelari: (I think that's a win xD)
DM: You spy a berry bush just off the boot tracks, Roland. The berries are ripe, but you see a dead bird beneath the tree, it's beak wide open in death with a berry firmly lodged in the back of its throat. The sight makes you uncertain on whether or not the berries are safe to eat or if the dumb bird just choked on one... But luck seems to be on your side as the tree above the berry bush is harboring a grape vine ripe with clusters of green grapes!
Maelari: (About how long would it take Mae and Ka to reach Roland if they're running? Trying to decide what to do between now and then)
DM: (I figure not long at all. Just do some awareness rolls to see who sees the other first. )
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Maelari: (PFFT)
Maelari: (I am le h@x0r)
DM: (... I cannot believe this. We should wait and see if Roland rolls a 20 too.. XD)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Maelari: (AWWW you killed it)
DM: (Roland, you're a sitting sorcerer!)
DM: (Go get your grapes, then Maelari can do something about scaring you. )
Roland sighs looking down at the little bird then see pass it to the fountain of green grapes- "Oh nevermind.. seems lady luck is watching.. My favorite, green too.." -he would say quickly taking a comfy spot on the grape eating grape and after grape with his hat tilted down to block the sunlight.
Roland: (Roland has just spotted his favorite food, he is getting comfy and taking this time to stuff himself)
Roland: comfy spot at base of the grape vine, eating*
Roland: (And what did you mean we know stuff now About Kitt? I was talking about my pinky finger)
DM: (Ingrown nails... I always think about toes.)
Roland: (I'm mad at myself right now I fucked up that whole last bit >,< )
DM: (*shuffles NPC sheets*)
DM: (Nah, 'tis okay. Siara! Sneaky time!)
Maelari: (writing twice)
DM: (... Maelari)
DM: (Not Siara!)
Roland sighs looking down at the little bird then see pass it to the fountain of green grapes- "Oh nevermind.. seems lady luck is watching.. My favorite, green too.." -he would say quickly taking a comfy spot at the base of the grape vine; before eating grape after grape with his hat tilted down to block the sunlight.
Maelari spots someone in the distance, skidding to a halt and quickly jumping behind a tree. She waits for a moment, then peeks around it to see if she was spotted. The person doesn't seem to know she's there, so she grins to herself and puts the arrow away, then leans down and makes a "shhh" motion to Kagome.
Kagome follows Maelari behind the tree, her lips turned up in a slight grin when she realizes that they haven't been seen yet.
Roland: (Kate! Could you link me the spells I preped? PLZZZ)
DM: ( Acid Splash Arrow's Flight 6 4 2 Detect Magic Light Mage Hand Daze Mage Armor True Strike Charm person Shocking Grasp Ghoul's Touch Continual Flame )
Roland: (Also noting that wasn't all of them, just what I had down)
Shea joined the chat 5 seconds ago
DM: (Yo, Shea!)
DM: (Do you mind if we play for a few minutes on this game? Just to get it progressing?)
DM: (Shouldn't take too long!)
Maelari tightens her boots so they don't rustle and sets her pack on Kagome's back, then sidles around the tree and slowly creeps forward, careful to set her feet in the tracks as she moves behind Roland. She takes in a slow, deep breath, then leans down near his ear and yells as loud as she can. "HEY YOU!!!"
Maelari: (What I just did though, I can do to my mom and make her jump without even yelling. I swear I'm half ghost or something, my parents never hear me coming into the room.)
Roland is completely content and focus on his grapes, cleaning vine after vine, and taking the time to pluck the bad off and toss them to the ground. When sudden he became attacked by some grape vine monster, or bandit yelling into his ears. He half expected to feel a knife to soon be placed on his throat in that instant of panic, causing him to spin around and backfist whoever it might be! (Attack roll! Can I cast a touch spell?)
DM: (yup!)
Maelari: (Touch is 15)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Roland: (Oh ya, 7.. cause I have a str of 10)
Roland: (You may detail your post with the scent of rotten flesh coming from my hand)
DM: .
Roland: (I feel the need to change a feat now xD Cause I realized with no Str mod, I will never hit anyone with a melee touch attack.)
DM: (Feel free. )
Maelari senses movement in the stranger and jumps backwards lightly, catching a whiff of something. "Ewww, what's that smell? You're not a zombie, are you!?" She places a hand on the hilt of her rapier, then spots the grapes and berries behind the stranger. "Ooh! Berries first, zombie later!" She pulls her leaf pendant from her shirt and touches it to her lips, blowing against it softly. It resonates with a soft pitch, like a metallic leaf whistle. Then she hurries forward and starts plucking a few berries happily, examining them to see if they're any good.
Roland: (http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Rolan...
Kagome hears Maelari's summoning whistle and hurries from behind the tree to catch up with her, skidding to a halt beside her and keeping an eye on the stranger.
Roland: (Weapon Finesse will let me use my dex mod for hitting with light weapons, and unarmed and Quick Draw is more fitting)
DM: (Sure, looks good... *snickers at the berries*)
Maelari: (I didn't say I was eating them.)
Maelari: (Yet.)
Roland: (Wait are you some young elf girl?)
DM: (Very pretty too...)
Maelari: (Yeah. Esch and Siara's Sister, before she dies.)
DM: ( http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/3... Without freckles)
Maelari: (And totally different personality from either of them.)
Shea joined the chat
DM: (Hullo Shea! Whatchu doin'?)
Shea: (Dad kicked me off as soon as i got on to Google something~ but I was going to say; you guys keep going, I'll just watch for a bit)
DM: (Okay. )
DM: (quick brb)
Maelari
(Kitt, this kinda how I see the Vex Liberation mission taking place. xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6_X8473s0 )
DM: (back)
Roland flinches and spins to grasp at the air, leaving behind a strong scent of rotting flesh, the natural magic flowing up into his hand ready to put down whatever bandit got the jump on him. After a awkward moment he would get the feeling this girl might be out of her mind, eating those berries also could be doing it. He glances at her then berries and flicks his hand like putting out a invisible flame.- "Woah! Hold it there little lady.. Don't you think sneaking up on strangers is a good way to get yourself killed? If your after the food, feel free.. but I keep your distance. I need no blade to fell you.." -he says while keeping his guard.
Roland: (Cool Shea is back!)
Shea: (<3)
Roland joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Roland: (Looks like digimon)
Roland: (Shea what's the level cap on BL2?)
DM: (*is making up another NPC*)
Maelari waves her free hand at him dismissively. "Oh hush, I was just having some fun. It's your own fault for letting your guard down in a place like this." She then places her hand over the berries and speaks to them softly, her voice seeming to echo as icy blue light fills the space between her hands. "Let's see what you've got in there..." (Detect Poison.)
Shea: (I'm not sure. I know you can go to 50 though. so it may only be that high)
DM: The berries' poison is potent. You believe that even if you were to place one in your mouth it would harm you even without swallowing. It seems to be what happened to the bird, after all.
Roland: (Dumb bird)
DM: (Poor dumb bird!)
Roland: (back to the normal game? Or is Shea not ready?)
DM: (Shea?)
Shea: (i'm ready, but you guys don't have to stop just because im here, y'know)
Roland: (Well we're just bsing, so when you want to play let us know and we'll drop this in a second!)
Maelari lifts her right hand, revealing that the berries are flecked with black spots where the magic revealed the poison. "Phew... Almost like nightshade. Might come in handy later though." She reaches down to the pack on Kagome's back, pulling out another small satchel and pouring the berries in, then plucking enough of them to fill the satchel before tying it tight. She puts the satchel away with a whisper of "Thanks, bro," then pulls out the other satchel and takes some grapes for later.
DM: (This game we're playing is for just-in-case you're not online. So now that you're online...)
DM: (Well... summary! Roland and Maelari have met, Maelari is a bit of a prankster, Roland is a bit more eloquent with the words...)
DM: (So, switch?)
Shea: (i like maelari. she has spunk.)
Roland: (Maelari make a Will Save, 20 Or better NOW)
Shea: (and sure, seeing as you put it that way >.>)
DM: (What's the willsave for?)
Maelari: (???)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Roland rubs his temple casting detect Thoughts on the girl as she is picking berries
DM: (Murrhurrhurr!)
Maelari: (I thought that didn't work on player characters >.>)
DM: (Alright, switch after Kitt's Round?)
DM: (It can. Gil did it on Cauta)
Roland: (It works on everyone! Plus you fumbled so I know all your thought of the day, and what your thinking now, and for the next 50 mins)
Maelari: (It's magic or just a sense?)
DM: (Shea, this is why you want to roll high numbers on will saves...)
DM: (magic)
Roland: (We can switch now! I just wanted to do something. Magic, and unless you have detect magic active before hand you have knowledge of the casting)
Roland: (You have NO knowledge)
Roland changed name to Kyle
DM changed name to Awesome
Maelari: (Well that's kinda bugger all.)
Maelari changed name to Siara
Kagome changed name to Raiden
Roland changed name to Kyle
Kyle: (bUGGER ALL?)
Shea left the chat
Kyle: (ROUND)
Siara joined the chat
Nanteu joined the chat

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 10 (29th October 2012)

Maelari: (You guys fill in some time somehow for a while since Siara is going solo for a bit. Fast forward whenever you're ready to keep going.)
Kate: (I'll see what you guys do, but I'm ready to do fast forwarding whenever.)
Kate: ( http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... )
Shea changed name to Nanteu
Nanteu: (I'll go with whatever you decide, Kate. )
Kate changed name to DM
Nanteu: (Also, I'm only on for about two hours tonight. I'm going out for dinner and most likely won't be one again until tomorrow)
Maelari changed name to Siara
DM: (All right. We don't play until Friday from now. )
Nanteu: (How come?)
DM: (Kitt won't be at work)
Nanteu: (Oh okay.)
DM: (Siara, do you have that temporary chatroom still? I wanna talk to you about what Siara's off to do. )
Siara: http://us5.chatzy.com/48898084797313
Roland changed name to Kyle
DM: (brb)
Kyle isn't really sure where Siara going but is wondering what Rook and Angel think- "So where is he off too? Is he coming back, or just calling it quits?"
Nanteu: (and I rolled a 14 +2 for sense motive on the suspicious barkeep yesterday, Kate, don't forget )
DM: (... ah yes... the blacksmith)
DM: "I reckon he's coming back," Rooke notes with a shrug. "What's he got to gain wandering off? We don't even really know the landscape of this place."
Nanteu "It's a personal errand. And don't ask him of it when he returns. it may be wise to let him have his secrets for now," she mutters.
DM: Nanteu, you suspect the blacksmith may not be telling all that he knows. He seems lost in thought, thinking about some event or mention of Malakhi and his brother Nateshk and whatever they were up to. You feel that he is not trying to deceive any of you, but he is holding something back.
Kyle sighs heavily crossing his arms watching him walk off- "Alright.. fine, but I think it's a huge waste of time. We don't got all day to just sit here."
DM: Angel is touching Kyle's cloak again, this time playing with the hem of it and picking at the fabric with her nails. "We could always go back to the palace... Siara will probably know to come find us there. I want to send out warning of that rune too, just-in-case..."
Kyle: (Nanteu should question the evil dooers and stuff while we wait.)
Siara: (Feel free to timeskip whenever, just make sure to tell me where you'll be so I can find you guys again)
DM: (A blackbird is watching me...)
Nanteu The feeling itches at her, and she watches the blacksmith from her position, both eyes glued to his form. After a moment of contemplation she strides over to him, flipping the lip of her vial pocket open and snatching the container out. The action itself isn't aggressive, though her brow is pinched in concentration and, most probably, a simmering anger as she remembers the cages lining the walls. With a swift wave of her arm, she holds the vial up to his face, staring him down with an intense gaze. "Do you know of this? Something tells me you might, and I don't take kindly to those who withhold information from me, especially if they're protecting those who experiment on defenseless animals. And people."
Kyle rolls his neck turning to Angel with a smile- "Alright.. see that's a plan I can get behind.. Umm, I guess I should run after him and tell him where to meet us? Or do you got some magic bird that can do that at the palace?"
Nanteu waves the container, moving herself an inch closer. "If you know anything at all.. Tell me. Right now.
DM: Angel points her finger after Siara's retreating form, even if he is out of sight. You see her lips move, then she nods. "He knows now." (She sent a 'Whispered Message' to Siara, telling him it was her before saying they would meet him back at the palace.)
DM: (Do you wanna try an Intimidate roll, Shea? )
Nanteu: (good idea)
Nanteu: (don't fali me now, tricky die!)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Nanteu: (oh my god)
Nanteu: (HAHAHAHAHAH)
Nanteu: (it's literally just 1. I don't have anything to add.)
DM: The blacksmith eyes Nanteu for a moment, then his face becomes aggressive. He takes a step closer, his lip curling a little. "Do not try to intimidate me, elf, just because I am a half-breed of your 'oh-so-noble' sort does not give you the right to treat me as dirt." He motions to the vial as the pink within the green tries to hide. "I know nothing of that, but if you found it at Malakhi's place, it could be one of his experiments. But I can tell you right now, I never knew of any experiments upon people... upon animals, yes, but not people." He glares at her for a long moment, then turns his back and wanders back to the smelter. "You should leave now," he adds grumpily.
DM: (I'm trying to find his picture...)
DM: ( You've made him grumpy. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/3... Very grumpy.)
Nanteu is now looking more angry than upset, but she knows when she has lost an arguement. Knowing that this.. 'Malakhi' that the group were looking, that he experimented on animals, and not doing or saying anything about it.. Even if it wasn't on humans, it was despicable! A few brief moments pass as she contemplates further action, against better judgement, but in the end, he has won. She mumbles a curse in Elvish, and walks away.
Kyle: (this is inbetween you and the blacksmith )
Kyle: (Fast travel to the PALACE time for hot bath, and fine food)
DM: (TO THE PALACE! Shea, have you read the descriptions of the palace at any time? If not, I'll find the piece of history that has them.)
Nanteu: (haven't seen them, no.)
DM: (I'll find it for you then)
DM
( Rounding a bend in the path and the river, suddenly, a massive city rose up above the party. Thick, white stone walls surrounded the hill-city, the buildings made of a similar material to the walls. Gulls circle above crying, and the highest building in the city appears to be a spire above a large hall, but many other buildings block your view. As you near the gates, you can see some stables, practically overflowing with horses - several stableboys are struggling to find places to tie the horses up seeing as the corrals are full.
Hyna keeps her cool while they enter the city. The main street is bustling with activity - a fair amount of guards are milling about and citizens are questioning them - the guards seem to be handing out small brochures, giving apologies to the people as they go past. The main street is wide, lined with stone buildings which appear to be mostly shops. In the center of the street are market stalls similar to the ones outside, but abandoned - obviously the shopkeepers discovered the money issue before the people outside the city did. Despite all the white stonework, you notice there are a fair amount of gardens also - either in pot trays lining the streets and edges of shops, or in small areas set aside for the pure purpose of having a garden. It seems that every five or so market stalls, there is a small square cut out of the stone floor, replaced by soil. In each of these squares, a young aspen tree grows, flowers sprouting at the base of their trunks.
DM: The main street seems to go in a straight line, the market stalls disappearing further up the road and replaced by a simple row of aspens, all still fairly new and young, more flowers at their bases. Along the stone buildings' walls, you can see creeping vines growing - some have buds, some do not, but it seems that this city loves its vegetation. A quick glance over the guards reveals that most of them are human, elven (or some subrace of the elves), or half-elf. You're pretty sure you spot a dwarf or two also, which is unusual.
DM: The stone buildings near the main street and the market stalls are at least three stories high, plain wooden doors and window sills peeking out onto the street. There seems to be at least three to five separate stores every block of buildings, then a street or a small alleyway.)
DM: (^ Elmrock Keep description)
DM
( It does look like a pretty nice fortress, all decked out in white stone. Blue banners fly above it in the wind, circled by gulls. It's a bit of a walk uphill to get there... The main entrance is guarded by several guards who seem to be shooing off commoners wanting to see Her Ladyship to ask what's going on.
The stairs are in the same stone as the rest of the city, but as you climb them with Hyna on your arm and enter through an impressive stone doorway decorated by climbing vines and stone pillars, you find the flooring changes abruptly to a creamy marble stone.
DM: The foyer you enter into is large with a high ceiling, Antler chandeliers hanging from the ceilings and lit up with candles. There are four guards in the room, but none seem to be at attention or even on duty, all gathered around a table with mugs of beer in the corner. The table is made of expensive marble stone similar to that of the floor, a silver vase of brilliant pink flowers resting on the table.
DM: The guards are all clad in blue capes, not unlike the blue cloak you were given, but they are shorter, only reaching to about waist-height. Yours billows behind you rather dramatically as you move. Beneath the cloak, each wears a suit of chainmail girded by a silver belt - you have neither the chainmail or the belt, but they don't seem to find you any the different for the two items' absence. Their boots are hardy black leather and they wear black leggings. At their hips are an assortment of weapons - nothing seems to be the 'norm'. One has a shortsword, another a handaxe, one a longbow, and the other an assortment of throwing daggers spread about his waist.
DM: Two of the guards are human, one a wood elf, and the other a dwarf. He has beer dribbling down his black beard as he sups from his mug, eyes watching Hyna as the two of you enter. Both human guards stop talking, trailing off as they gaze at Hyna also - the wood elf seems too busy continuing to talk and take sips of his beer to even notice that two people have entered the foyer.
DM: On the opposite side of the foyer from the front entrance is an archway, delicately hewn from white wood and carved into symbols of flowers and leaves. Through that archway, the room is dark, but you assume it is the throne room.)
DM: ( Your eyes take a moment to adjust to the dim interior of the throne room, but the faint light from some high curtained windows off on the left wall helps somewhat. They're almost fully closed, one or two letting in slits of light. You get the sense that the room is very empty, one shaft of light delicately touching on a simple yet beautifully carved white chair on a slight pedestal. The chair is crafted with similar skill to the carvings of the doorway and above the head of the throne, white antlers proudly stand tall as if growing from among the craved white flowers. )
DM: (That should be enough for now, hopefully...)
DM
( One last thing... You get the vague impression that you pass through an archway out of the throne room and enter into a hallway. The hallway is lit by goat horn scones, each held in the gentle clasp of carved wooden flowers. It seems to be a soft, subtle theme throughout the whole Keep.
Your boots tap against the marble floor as the girl leads you. The hall is lined with doors off to other rooms, but she takes you to the very end and up a flight of marble stairs to the left (you assume this goes up behind the throne room). They reach another hallway and the girl tugs on your sleeve until you reach the end of it - to turn right. You find yourself in a brilliantly-lit hallway, wider than the past ones and lined with chairs and small tables as if it were a relaxed cafeteria area. The windows' curtains were drawn aside to let in the brilliant view of the blue, blue ocean and the waves crashing on the white stones below the castle. It was quite a magnificent sight.
To your right, opposite the windows, were more doors. She leads you along to the fifth before opening it for you. "Each of these rooms are for guests - you may have the next one along for the duration of your stay here." As you enter into the room, you are overwhelmed by the luxury of this place. The floor is marble, but carpeted in rich black and white rugs, the ceiling adorned with more white antler chandeliers, and the walls draped with extravagant paintings of the ocean, forest, and the odd portrait.
There is a four-poster bed, wide and long, obviously made to accomodate any sort of creature that laid upon it, and draped with cream sheets, dark red blankets, and more furs. There were no windows in the room, but it was lit by a fireplace on the opposite side of the room from the door. A large wardrobe rested in the corner of the room, a desk in another corner. )
Kyle screams and runs from the sky falling on him as he takes in the cities sights again. This time though with a bit of peace of mind, and knowing his way around a fair more.- "Well we're here, again.. with little info, but atleast it's something to inform the Queen and that goat Oz." -he would say moving along the stair case, then looking back to the girls faces- "Ya, pretty nice place huh Nanny-two.. great food and hot baths. Which reminds me, Angel you have anyidea how long Siara will be?"
DM: (Where is he...?)
Nanteu joined the chat 8 seconds ago
Siara: (What, me? You're asking seriously, or in-game?)
DM: (I've lost where Kyle is. XD!)
DM: (I think my wall of text broke Shea...)
Nanteu: (broke my computer, actually)
Nanteu: (not really. just lost connection for a minute)
DM: (Uhm, I'll try to avoid big posts in the future!)
Kyle: (I am... ugg, going up some stairs.. to the Queen room)
Kyle: (Round)
DM: (The stairs... leading up from outside and into the foyer that leads to the throne room...? XD)
Nanteu walks through the city alongside the others, long strides swiftly carrying her. Following Kyle, as the place is unfamiliar, she can't but look about her to capture the new sights in the full. "Well it is quite lovely. And you all stayed here as the Queen's guests.. Wait. You've been working for the Queen? Is she the reason you've been looking for this Malakhi person?"
Nanteu: can't help*)
DM
(We'll just go with that since you seem uncertain. ) "Nope," Angel says softly. "He got my message but didn't reply - makes sense, he'd have to use magic and if he's saving it for just-in-case, it's better not to reply." She licks her lips, looking hopefully forwards as they step into the foyer in the first room of the palace.
The four guards from earlier, two humans, half-elf, and dwarf, are all sitting around a table off to the side with their beer mugs and some strange books and tomes spread out across the table before them. The half-elf is talking animatedly, as last time, and the dwarf is starting to get a very bored expression. He slams his mug down on the table, startling the elf and leans forward so his beard drags on the table. "Ahm gunna be a bluddy barbarian, awlright? Whit are mah stats?" The half-elf gets to work, looking through one of the books and they all settle back. One of the humans keeps a wary eye on the group as they pass towards the hall.
Angel looks back to Nanteu, then grins awkwardly. "Uhm... yup! Heh... yup..." She trails off, looking a bit embarrassed at the realisation that Nanteu hasn't been here before and doesn't know certain things yet.
Kyle: (So now we walk into the Queens room, and see Oz or her there?)
Nanteu blinks. Well, there obviously wasn't a lot she had been told. Then again, she hadn't exactly enlightened them to her situation, either. As they passed the guards, she habitually singled out the half-elf, following the confrontation with the blacksmith, and couldn't help but feel a tinge of remorse. Maybe she shouldn't have acted so brashly, but even, his behaviour couldn't be excused so lightly.
DM: (Just Oz, staring out a window at the sea. All the curtains will be open to reveal the brilliance of the throne room, all done up in marble and white carvings as the theme of the rest of the palace.)
Kyle whispers to Angel leaning forward after falling a few steps back from her not wanting the Queen to think anything- "Maybe you should do the talking.. actually do you even want us to come in, I could easily find something else to do. Maybe show Nanny the rooms?"
DM
"Yeah, sure," Angel nods. Rooke leans forward, his head lowering between the two. Angel jumps, seeming to have forgotten he was even there. "You're more quiet than you should be with all that armor, Rooke... stop sneaking up."
"Heh... Kyle, I'll come with you."
Siara: (Should I make my appearance now?)
Siara: (Be like, standing in the doorway when they turn around? xD)
DM: (They've only just gotten back to the palace! You must have been very quick! XD)
Siara: (I thought you had jumped forward a bit, sorry)
DM: (We can - just let Nanteu google at stuff a bit first. XD)
Siara: (Nah, take your time. It needs to be tomorrow before it happens.)
DM: (All right. We'll find a good time!)
Nanteu: (okay, i'll have her wander a bit with kyle, then we can)
DM: (You can use the writing above as a guide. Kyle's probably gonna do a lotta narrating... Can't you just feel the wall of text approaching...?)
Kyle: (What? Sorry friend having dumb break down on me trying to multi task)
DM: (I'll write something up for you, then.)
Kyle wipes his head glad to drop that bit of responsibility, he never did good with the formal stuff. (Oh ok, thanks.. silly girls and there break ups)
Siara: (I think I'm gonna go take a shower while this is all happening)
Kyle: (I'm not sure.. I think Shea is down to 30 mins left)
DM
You enter the throne room - you have to pass through to go through the corridor that leads up to the stairs to the rooms anyhow. Ozrael glances over - he's standing alone at the window, his large half-orc form silhouetted. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/1... Angel quickly breaks away from the rest of you, stepping her way across the marble floor to Ozrael - he takes her hand and gently presses his lips to her knuckles. She smiles politely before talking quietly with him.
Rooke watches the two before grinning at Kyle and Nanteu. "Maybe you have some competition, Kyle... heh heh." He gently brushes past the two and leads them through the corridor, upstairs behind the throne room, and into the long hall/corridor with the small dining tables, motioning to the five doors to the right. He points ahead to the door at the end of the hall also. "Those five are the guest rooms, that one there is the bathroom," he says to Nanteu. He smiles softly at her, then claps Kyle on the shoulder.
"I'm going to grab a bath if nobody else wants one..." He hesitates, looking at Nanteu, then seems to shake off whatever thought her had before smiling and heading for the bathroom door.
Kyle: < Oh my gosh.. people are there issues.. why am I the shoulder that has to deal will them >,> >
DM: < Issues need tissues to fix them with. >
Kyle: < *holds gun to head and keeps pulling the trigger, only to hear the empty metal clicking nothing* Shit.. out of bullets >
DM: < Where is this person? >
DM: (Kyle! 25ish minutesish!)
Nanteu spies Angel meeting with what looks to be a half-orc as she follows Rooke up the stairs, and even before he comments on it, she fleetingly wonders if there is something between the two. Heading up, she notes the different rooms as Rooke rounds them off aloud, but for the moment, she decides to simply wander as he wanders into the bathroom for a bath. A smile on her lips as she watches Rooke go, she then turns to Kyle, looking suddenly uncertain. "Uh. So where do I sleep? If I'm staying, that is. Or If you even want me to stay, I mean I can probably find another place somewhere," she rambles.
Nanteu: wander as he heads*)
Kyle lazily keep his paces watching the walls for something, as his mind wonders freely till Rooke pat wakes him from his day dreaming- "Oh ya.. Nah, I'm good actually I have something to do myself.. I got to make sure keep at it.. So enjoy yourself, Nan-two you can passout if ya like, I'm sure Angel will find us all when we're needed. Till then I'll be in the courtyard if ya'll need me." -he says, moving to his old room and throwing everything down but his longbow and quiver. His body looking rather small with his chainvest off, and gear laying on the bed now. After that moment he heads outside looking for the courtyard, for some targets to practice.
Kyle: (I'm looking for some targets the courtyard has to have some practice dummies or something, I got to split a arrow with a arrow.. Plus without practice I'm nothing but a guy with a bow)
DM: (Do you want me to describe the courtyard or is this gonna be timeskip material? )
DM: (I think that means: DESCRIBE!)
DM: (All right, hm....)
Kyle: (TIMESKIP)
Nanteu nods. "Alright, I'll find my way then," she smiles.
Kyle: (also I need double nat 20 to split a arrow going to make some rolls people)
DM: (THANK YOU! I was at a loss...)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (I give you that!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kyle: (damn can't get it.. guess I fail again oh well)
Kyle: (ONE DAY!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: ...
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: (OKAY! Well, I think Siara is taking a shower... let's timeskip to the next morning and start a routine. )
Nanteu: (woo!)
Nanteu: (15 mins, probably more though. parents are still getting ready, and im not even sure my brother has changed yet)
DM: (Nanteu, you could have gotten a room between Rooke's room and Siara's room. Kyle's room is on the other side of Siara's room.)
DM: (All right)
Kyle is in the courtyard for a large part of the night.. umm 6+ hours ya!
DM: (Tell me what you're doing in the morning. )
DM: (Shea, Kitt wants me to repost a dream Kyle had the last time he slept. Here it is
DM: ( would awake feeling the warm sensation of Hyna's touch rubbing his face as she slowly passed out from exhustion. Kyle standing six foot tall as he stretches, rubbing his perfect fit abs and noticing Hyna barely covered in silk bedding. His room was huge and littered with trophy's from several beheaded monsters all slain by him single handedly. Stepping around the cold stone floor that was once his tent he approach the large wooded door as it opened with just a thought from him. Outside was a courtyard garden filled with several scantly clothed women playing in a large fountain that was placed in the center, all giggling and smashing. When sudden he became attack by the hordes of fans that appeared chanting his name with each step.- "Duke, DUKE, DUKE!" -Kyle held his hand high nodding along with there chants as the crowd fell silent- "Ya! Don't worry ladies the main man is here, there isn't anything I can't slay." -he said as his courtyard fountain came under siege from a dragon landing on it roaring and snapping at the all the different beautiful women. But none scattered they just all froze looking back to Kyle, as his arms drew back a invisible bow and released a golden arrow causing the great beast to explode the instant it connected. Sending a shower of gold coins over the crowd as he raised his arms and they cheered again- "Duke, DUKE! DUKE! WAKE UP!" -as Kyle eyes opened awaking him from his peaceful dream. It took a moment as he gathered himself looking about and feeling the bedding under him and a sore spot on his chest- "Wow.. where am I now?" )
Nanteu: (hah!)
Kyle: (Also I got to hit my ROUND sorry, if you leave Shea I'll rp with ya later next week.. in four days!~)
Kyle: ( Kyle wants to be the worlds greatest monster hunter!)
Nanteu: (that's so far away T-T)
DM: (I knoooooowww)
DM: (Wanna post what you're doing the next morning?)
Nanteu: (I think i have enough time to do a reply, if you're still going ahead, kate. im sorta just keeping an ear out atm)
DM: (Yup, we might as well start the next day. Even if it's a small post, it's okay)
Kyle would awake looking around the room as he yawned feeling teh soft bed again- "Ahh.. damn just a dream again." -he say rubbing his head- "I wonder if they got bacon here, I could go for a big breakfest, oh wait! Did I sleep in.. Hope I didn't miss everyone." -he says almost stumbling out of the bed, trying to get his pants and shoes back on.
Kyle: (ROUND)
Siara: (back)
DM: (yo, Shea's about to leave)
Nanteu had already awoken several hours ago. She had spent most of the night in a light, restless sleep - what was troubling her, though, she wasn't sure. The unfamiliarity of her bed and the sight of the grand palace was certainly a factor, but she also wondered how long she could continue to stay with these people. What was she going to do with herself, when she had only a bare recollection of what she had been doing to start with. Currently standing by a window in the hall, she waited for the others to appear.
Nanteu: (insignificant, short post. i wanted to do something more but obviously im strapped for time. so ill see you guys in four days~!)
Siara: (Have fun~)
DM: (Bye! *waves!*)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 pm by Kate Orchix

*Alternate Session 2 (29th October 2012)

Maelari: I'm picking grapes, Roland's being a dick, Kagome is just glaring at Roland, that's all we need to know.
Roland: I'm reading your mind bish
Kate: Yeah okay... GO!
Maelari: There's nothing on her mind worth reading xD
Roland: DM what is left that she remembers of the day, kinda
Kate: (... this is why I will post history. )
Maelari: "Grapes, grapes, yummy grapes~ Maybe I can find some non-toxic berries later~"
Kate: (But basically, lotsa boring walking. I guess her dog caught a squirrel and ate it)
Maelari: Okay, that's where I need some clearance though
Maelari: Detect Thoughts - does it reveal the thoughts at the time, or is it more like an active mind search?
Maelari: Being able to pick through her memories would be very bad for Kyle
Roland: at the time, mostly also I get to know your INT score and if it's higher then mind
Maelari: for Roland xD*
Kate: (http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Maelari: (She can be simple minded most of the time, just warning you now. xD)
Kate: (*is so excited to bring in her new NPCs... WHOA! I have to make them CSes!!! XD)
Kate: (Oh yeah... and this is me. http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kate%... )
Kate: (If you can go back past two days, you will just find a massive BLUR in Maelari's memory)
Roland paused a moment to rub his head cycling through Maelari surface thoughts, trying to get a feel for the girl and hopefully some answers to what had been causing this sudden memory lasp. But in his search he found nothing, nothing but her need to eat and follow the same foot tracks. - "Oh.. well, anychance you know anything about these tracks? If ya tell me, I'll share my grape vine with ya." -he said, using his own fruits to get some info.
Roland: (Kate quick NPC us, we need a third it's awkward! )
Kate: (Oh, you sure...? It'll be more awkward... XD)
Kate: (How old is Roland?)
Roland: (Umm.. I don't know.. pfff~ 20)
Roland: (sure why not)
Kate: (Hmmm... well, you guys keep playing. I just have to finish these two CS's, then you'll have some others to chat with.)
Maelari looks at him, plucking a few grapes and popping them into her mouth. "Nope, nothing. Been following them for a little while now, I don't remember much before a few days ago when I woke up... somewhere. Someone must have thought I was dead, or hoped that I was dead, because I found a few coins on my face. These tracks were near where I woke up, so I'm just following them to see if I can find anything. Sorry I can't help you, Mr. Zombie. " She tilts her head slightly. "Waaaait a minute... Why are you out here? Did you get lost too?"
Maelari: (I'm already having a lot of fun with her personality xD)
Kate: ('Tis good!)
Maelari: (It's so different from Esch being proper and Siara being flip)
Maelari: (Bubbly and playful, serious without being serious)
Kate: (Funny to think they're related. )
Maelari: (Well, Esch is the only one who really worships the Lunar Elf goddess. Siara is considered a heretic for worshiping a goddess of the earth, and Maelari for not really worshiping anything at all. Maelari's the youngest, so she hasn't had the same kinds of experiences as the other two. Siara's the oldest, older than Esch by nearly 60 years, so he's more stoic about things. Esch falls right in the middle, serious but able to relax.)
Kate: (Half a CS to go...)
Kate: (Makes me wonder what it'd be like growing up in an elf family... XD All your siblings would be great-grandparents before you even got out the womb!)
Roland rubs his chin nodding slowly looking off into nothing- "Ahh.. I see, well then it seems we are both plagued by the hex that is wiping our memory.. I had the same things happen to me, lucky I found these tracks and started following the also in hopes to find a town.. Alright, cya later missy.." -he says picking back up the trail
Kate: (All right!)
Maelari
(Siara - "Armed with but an merely a stone, the voice of falsehood challenges me. The aimless fates people walk cast their warped shadows in my sight."
Esch - "All the "modest people" of this never-changing world, with their mundane wishes, are but amassing fake gems."
Maelari: )
Maelari: (Their personal quotes, to give you more of an idea of how they work)
Maelari looks at him curiously. "A hex? What... Hey, wait!" She hastily closes the satchel of grapes and stuffs it into the bag on Kagome's back, then draws her bow and chases after him. "Why don't we travel together, at least for now? If we're both looking for something, there's no point to us splitting up without a way to contact each other, right?"
Kate: (all right)
Kate: (Awareness checks!)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Roland: (Need CS again..)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Maelari: (27 for me xD)
Maelari: (Don't remember wolf bonuses)
Roland gives no fucks to anything around him!
Kate: Maelari, ahead on the path before roland, you see the tracks deepen as if whoever was making them stood still for a while, then the tracks circle about as if he was turning... then the tracks indicate that he continued walking in the same direction, however he was.
Kate: (*whoever, not however)
Maelari holds out an arm, indicating for Roland to stop. "Hold up a second, Mr. Zombie, the tracks have changed a bit..." She leans down to get a closer look at them, her eyes tracing the path the tracks are running. She looks in the direction that the tracks turned... (spot check)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Maelari: (9)
Maelari: (And clearly sees nothing)
Maelari: (I think we're paying for those 20s we rolled last night >.> )
Kate: (Heh heh...)
Roland rubs the back of his head with a unbelieving look- "Wait.. your telling me you can read tracks?"
Kate: The tracks continue on the same as before, but the heels seem to be lighter, the soles harder into the ground. Before long, you figure that the stranger began to run - whether towards something or away from something, you're not too certain.
Maelari ...then looks forward again with a slow nod. "I'm a Ranger, it's what I do. They stopped here and turned for some reason, but I can't see anything..." She looks back to the tracks in front of them, investigating closer. "...odd, the pattern changes here." She traces the shape of the imprints. "Before, the person was walking normally... Here, he started to run. The question is, were they running away from something or towards it? There aren't any other tracks though..." She crosses her arms in thought, then shrugs. "Ah, who cares what it was!? We know we're on the right track, so to speak~"
Roland: (Sorry I'm being hit with a sudden lost of energy.. it's my last 12 hours shift.. hardest one)
Kate: ('Tis okay)
Roland: (Kate two days in a row working 7pm - 7am... wake up do it again)
Kate: (Not fun)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Roland: (Ok just keeping my spell active till my 50 mins is up!)
Kate: (heh, okay!)
Roland: (got to make concentration checks)
Kate: (tell me when you guys have walked about... 60 ft, awlright?)
Maelari: (I think we're coming up on 20 or so from the vine)
Roland glances down and the foot prints as they become faded and race off in another direction, to the girl- "Well that is handy.. I guess you do have some usefulness for traveling with." -he says moving pass her and keeping a smooth stride through the forest leaves with his hands in his pockets touching lightly a deck of playing cards.- "Let's get this show on the road.. I'm growing tired of all this fresh air."
Roland: (60ft NOW)
Maelari blinks. "What's wrong with fresh air? Fresh air is good for you! That's how nature works~" She walks along beside him for a moment, then looks at him with a grin. "Hey, I never caught your name before."
Kate: (Sorry about that. Internet died)
Roland: (do you need a repost?)
Kate
You turn a bend, still following the tracks, but just as you round a large boulder in the forest, you find yourselves facing a macabre sight. Five gnolls lie dead, the track is torn up, and several of the surrounding trees have arrows or blade marks scarring them. The tracks go everywhere around this small clearing - obviously he was not one of the gnolls because the tracks wander off through the forest once more, this time at a more measured pace.
Two of the gnolls have longbows, their quivers almost empty, and the other three carry an assortment of blades. One carries a hammer... or did, before it's arm was cut off and it's head severed...
Kate: (Nope!)
Kate: (Gnolls are the hyena-heads, if you've forgotten)
Shea joined the chat
Roland: (Oh well.. next time)
Maelari is still focused on Roland and accidentally steps into a track, causing her to stumble. She catches herself before falling, but it forces her to look at what's in front of her. As it registers, she takes several steps backwards, horrified. "Wh... Wha... What happened here...!?!?"
Kate: (Hey Shea!)
Shea: (Hallo all)
Kate: (How you doing? )
Roland: (Round, maybe pick up something )
Kate: (Okay)
Shea: (Okay But had a weird, -practically traumatising- day at school though. Had a road safety sort of thing. Very confronting.)
Shea: (went to a*)
Kate: (I haven't been to one of those in ages...)
Shea: (The ones we've been to weren't as full-on as these ones. You actually saw the blood, the bodies, the wrecks, etc. And the woman who created the seminar lost her two sons to a crash, so you heard her story, and that was all kinds of emotional too.)
Kate: (So, what's happening? )
Kate: (I watched something about that on the news. They're making people a lot more aware.)
Shea: (Yup. Especially here. Where I live, people are constantly dying on our roads, more than anywhere else in Australia, or at least in QLD and NSW.)
Shea: (But anyway. Aside from that i'm just chilling xD)
Shea: (How are you guys going?)
Kate: (Good. I reckon we can switch games when Kitt comes back. )
Maelari: (You guys fill in some time somehow for a while since Siara is going solo for a bit. Fast forward whenever you're ready to keep going.)
Kate: (I'll see what you guys do, but I'm ready to do fast forwarding whenever.)

. . .

Roland: (looting the gnolls pockets for stuff, only things I would grab would be daggers maybe )
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Maelari: (You really want me to tell you? I can, but it'll lessen the impact of next week)
Kate: It seems the weapons are the only things really worthwhile. One of the gnolls is female - you can tell by her clothing, it's a little more feminine.)
Kate: (NOOOO!)_
Kate: (Save it!)
Maelari: (Kay, DM wins.)
Kate: (Murrhurr)
Kate: As you start patting down the female gnoll, searching for valuable items, Roland, you think you hear a soft whimper from behind a bush nearby.
Roland stops in his tracks looking at the remains of the fray, as he speaks then moving to check there pockets for any coin purses or anything of use- "Ahh... If I do say so, this would be the remains of a fight, and what was chasing our friend.. I can only guess by this whoever they are, they are skilled.. And alive still..."
Roland is now ready to check the bush, following up on whatever may be whimpering...
Maelari creeps forward again after the initial shock wears off, peering at the bodies. "There's no tracks here though... Where did these bodies come from? They couldn't have simply appeared from nothing, could they?"
Kate: Roland, you part the leaves with your hands and find a small, huddled figure. The size of a small child, a tiny gnoll stares up fearfully at you, crouched beneath the bush with blood on it's babyish nose. It's lopsided ears flatten against its skull and it's huge golden eyes blink solemnly at you.
Roland: ( I hate you so much Kate.. so very much )
Kate: (Mwahaha!)
Kate: (... what do you hate most?)
Roland: ( The fact that you make all the monsters seem like real people. I have a heavy heart when it comes to this kinda stuff, I'm a softy ok? )
Maelari suddenly feels very alone and looks around. "Mr. Zombie? Where'd you go?" Turning around, she spots Roland and leans back to see what he's looking at. With a gasp, she jumps up. "Don't hurt it!!"
Roland: ( Like I feel bad when I kill things, when I shouldn't they should just be evil monster)
Kate: (Is it good, or should I ease up a bit? )
Roland: (brb)
Roland pulls the leaves away and just stares for a long moment, unsure what to do with the little bugger.- "Ehh.. Wasn't planning on it.. But doesn't really matter, the little guys a goner.. Sad story.. time to move on." -he said moving to check the others for anything putting his mind elsewhere. He didn't need another lost puppy or baby to fall into his lap.
Kate: (You guys know he's only got blood on his nose, right? )
Kate: (Awareness checks, guys)
Roland: ( It's good but for me, it's torcher <- Someone spell check me, I've been trying to spell that word for 5 mins still can't remember it)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Maelari is shocked by his apparent lack of empathy. "You want to just leave it here to die? Why not bring it with us? We could raise it, maybe train it, have something to help us if we get into trouble later." She creeps forward slowly, setting down the bow so she doesn't spook it, speaking softly in the gnoll language. "Can you understand me?"
Maelari: (Torture)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Roland: (also no idea where my CS is, and THANK GOD torture I hate english)
Maelari: (Mae gets 20, Kagome gets... fck, forgot the wolf bonuses again -.-)
Kate: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Rolan... )
Maelari: (10)
Roland: (17)
Kate: (You don't have gnoll as a language)
Maelari: (After I said Mae took Draconic yesterday, I figured it was more likely for us to run into gnolls than dragons
Maelari: )
Kate: (... *coughs*)
Kate: (If you wish... but you can't change it again...)
Kate: (LET IT BE KNOWN!)
Maelari: (That worries me, but okay.)
Maelari: (I'll put skills into Speak Draconic later )
Kate: The little gnoll's breathing picks up as Maelari moves closer, but just her softness is enough for it to quickly rush towards her. It launches itself into her arms, it's little claws holding onto the sleeves of her shirt as it shuffles near her, it's cold, wet nose touching Maelari's neck before attempting to cuddle up to her. You imagine it's barely past the human equivalent of 5 years old. It wears a simple shirt and trousers with a hole for its tail. Blood is only on it's nose (now on your neck too) and appears to only be a smear from maybe one of the other gnolls. (Will do something about that Awareness check in a second.)
Kate: (I'll try and give you some straight-out monsters, Kitt. =) I do have a habit of making backgrounds even for the bad guys... Kruk and Eruth had a history, heh heh...)
Roland: ( And I felt bad for killing them even!)
Kate: (I'll probably make up a background story for every gelatinous cube we come across now... XD)
Maelari holds her ground as the gnoll jumps on her, holding it gently and rubbing its head softly. "There there, little one... It's okay now..." He light runs her hand over its back and arms, feeling for injuries. Finding none, she rocks the little gnoll gently, casting a glare at Kagome when she snorts. "You be quiet, you know you're too big for me to hold like this anymore."
Kate: ('This is Fred. He was rejected by his family for being too watery and emotional unlike the other blobby cubes. You killed him. You monster!')
Maelari: (I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. ...you monster.)
Kate: Roland, seeing as you aren't distracted by the gnoll child, your ears pick up on a snap of a twig further up the path and a soft curse in common. You hear a woman's voice quietly shush the first voice, then silence.
Kate: (I loved that first game... yet to play the second!)
Maelari: (It's freakin hilarious, you'll love it)
Roland: (What game I feel left out?)
Kate: (Portal!)
Maelari: (Portal and Portal 2)
Maelari: (GLaDOS, the evil computer bitch, now the evil compupotato)
Roland pops his hat up a bit looking off int the direction where he heard the noise. He slides one bard out and tumbles it from finger to finger in one hand- "Oh.. well, you know well as I do no one going to want to take care of a kid that eats human flesh now.. I mean you can take him, but I'm slowing down.." -he says not saying anything about the voice, instead he readies his action!
Maelari: ("Go on. Get a good, long look. Get a big, fat eyeful, with your big, fat eyes. Now your fat eyes have seen everything - that's right, a potato just called your eyes fat.")
Roland: ( not* slowing down.)
Maelari snorts. "I can feed him regular meat like you and I eat." Watching him move, she realizes that there must be something else there. Shifting the gnoll sideways so she can support him with one arm, she draws her rapier and holds it at the ready. "You first, Mr. Zombie."
Roland: (card* not bard >,< so off lately wonder why)
Maelari: (You're tired, it's normal)
Roland: (Kate? You writing?)
Kate
"Aw, for the gods' sake, that's it!" you hear the woman's voice said, clear as rain. The bushes in the direction the voice came from rustle violently before a short, muscular woman barges through. She puts her hands up as if to hold off an attack as she looks straight at Roland. "Sorry, sorry... not intending to spy on you lot, but we heard you coming and didn't know who you were." She's got short red hair, flashing green eyes... but you don't really notice much about her face to start with. She's essentially wearing an armored leather... bra? And she wears shorts that display her incredibly muscular legs. At her back, she wears a short, furry cape and a heavy backpack over one shoulder. At her waist, you see a longsword sheathed. Across her back, over the cape, a glaive is strapped.
The bushes rustle more and a slim man strides out. He's wearing wizard robes and carrying a shoulder bag. He looks a little apprehensive of what may take place, one hand starting to lightly glow with magic.
Kate: (yup!)
Roland: (Cause I want to know if it's been 50 mins or not?)
Kate: (Not quite. Soon!)
Kate: (Woman - 5'5", Man - 5'10")
Roland: (then could they both give me Will Saves 20 then?)
Kate: (Oooohhhh boy...)
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Roland: ( We are both Level 5 right Vex? I didn't make my character higher level did I?)
Maelari: (Lv5, yeah)
Kate: (15 for Man - miss. Only 10 for Woman)
Roland: (Surface thoughts for both of them please, ROUND)
Maelari blinks as the strangers come into view and sheathes her weapon, trying to look less threatening as she holds the gnoll child with both arms again. "We're just lost. We've only been traveling together for a bit, and we only really started traveling a day or so ago. Better question is, why were you spying on us?"
Roland: (Vex you can say something if you want, Roland doesn't look very threatening might I add with a playing card out, rolling along his knuckles)
Kate
The woman is thinking only of protecting the man behind her, a little confused at the card in Roland's hand, wary of Maelari, and surprised at the presence of the baby gnoll seeing as she and the man followed the tracks through and found only the dead gnolls. She's irritated at the man for having made noise and giving away their position and at having to turn themselves over to show their intentions were not harmful.
The man, on the other hand, is a little frustrated with the woman for having charged out. He feels as if HE should have been first to move out ahead, but begrudgingly is fitting the role. It seems to be more a matter of masculine pride than actual desire, however. He's readying a Reduce Person spell... to be used offensively, it would seem. He's letting the woman take lead.
Maelari: (I'm tempted to say something else xD)
Kate: The woman seems to relax a little at Maelari's words, lowering her hands and softly waving down the man behind her. The glow about his hand fades and he moves closer, beside the woman. She watches Maelari and Roland a moment before speaking. "We were making sure you weren't whatever came here and did this," she says, waving a hand towards the dead gnolls. "Obviously you're not, but you have better ears than us..." Her eyes settle on the gnoll baby. He blinks at them for a moment before hiding his face in Maelari's neck.
Kate: (Now you can!)
Kate: ( This is them http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/1... )
Kate: (BLADDER! brb)
Maelari: (Seems pretty fitting)
Maelari grins playfully. "Hee, you think so?" She reaches up and plays with her right ear, then comforts the gnoll again before speaking to the women. "It's alright, they're not going to hurt you. You're right, we're not the ones that did this. We just got here a moment ago. We were following some tracks that go back a fair distance and came upon this, and the tracks keep going past here, as you can see for yourself." She rubs behind the gnoll's ear softly. "I couldn't have just left this little one to die, he's too young to survive on his own." She looks to Roland, who's still rolling the card around, and reaches over to try and swat it out of his hands. "Put that away, sheesh."
Kate: (back)
Roland keeps rolling the card in-between his knuckles for a moment longer as he raises a eyebrow toward the wizard with a smirk- "It's good ya nice folk are atleast the honest kind.. I would have hated for this to grow ugly over something stupid.. Now where ya'll folk heading, or you just following these tracks too?" -he says with a smooth voice, as the stops rolling the card and just snatches it out of Maelari grasp. (Casting Reduce Person as a Counter Spell)
Maelari: (...why? He already dropped the spell.)
Maelari: (Also, finally came up with Maelari's personal quote)
Roland: (He hasn't dropped it, he just has it ready I thought... plus his magic fizzing out ahead of time is cool)
Roland: (And my bad, have to counter spell it with Enlarge person)
Roland: (Oh ok now I read it.. oh well, you can say I didn't or whatever Kate I don't care xD )
Kate
The man speaks up - despite the woman being protective of him, he is not timid. "Strange for the tribes to be so far down the mountains at this time of year... usually they only venture down in winter..." He is looking at the gnoll corpses. Suddenly, his head snaps up and he smiles at Roland and Maelari. "My name is Crow Thorn and this is my wife Merta. We were following the tracks... stumbled across them not too long ago and have been trying to find out where they go." He gently rests his hand on the woman's hip, holding her a little closer. She smirks, her guard slipping noticeably before she also speaks.
"Seems we're all headed the same way... perhaps joining up would be a good idea for now?" she suggests.
Kate: (You're like... ULTRA prepped, just in case he does bring it back up!)
Kate: (What do you think of their pic?)
Roland: (Funny, and good.. also is he lieing about the wife part!?)
Kate: (You totally have to find out IC)
Roland: (..No I don't.. I'm reading his surface thoughts.. and hers)
Maelari: ("Waves of the new day clears all the gloom away. This is the hope that we need to go on.")
Roland: (Kate is my mind reading spell ruining your rp? I'm sorry..)
Kate: (Oh, right, I forgot... and nice quote! I would have expected something more chirpy from Mae, though... XD No, no, Kitt!)
Roland: (Also Vex Mae would have no idea that the card is a weapon, she wouldn't tell him to put it away!)
Maelari: (She's from the Clan of Joy, so she's naturally happy about most things.)
Maelari: (She's 100, she's seen more shit than you. xD)
Roland: (Nope, the magic cards are secrets magic items that his family makes xP )
Kate: There was no deceit in the man's mind - rather, a sense of pride and accomplishment when he introduced Merta. She responded well, enjoying him taking the initiative to talk to the strangers so she wouldn't have to do all the talking (Maybe she doesn't like cards...? NO GAMBLING! NO! NAUGHTY!) by herself. When he touched her, she was reminded of 'last night', them trying to get comfortable in one bedroll together. There is no doubt in your mind that they are a genuine couple. You can also see rings on their fingers.
Maelari: (She probably doesn't realize that it's a magic card, but since you have no weapons she assumes that you use them somehow.)
Maelari nods in agreement. "That would probably be best. Four is always better than two. Unless it's curses..." She leans down to Kagome. "Kago, can you watch over the little one for me please?" She narrows her eyes when Kagome huffs. "Don't be like that please, it's just for a little while."
Maelari: (Can the gnoll ride on Kagome?)
Roland nods in agreement tipping his hat at both of them- "Charmed.. I'm Roland, and this is a spunky elven girl I found following the tracks too.. I'm fine with us traveling together just as long as you can pull your weight." -he says with a grin, happy to see the man take pride in his catch
Kate: (Sure. The gnoll is the same size category as a halfling)
Roland: (Down the road we go?)
Kate: (Down the road we go!)
Roland: (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s...
Kate: As you follow the tracks, you're aware that whoever made them continued at a walking pace for almost the entirety of the remaining trip. Crow and Merta hold hands occasionally, but Merta will always take point if she suspects something is near, or if they turn a bend after the tracks. Crow seems all right with this arrangement, remaining further back. It seems to be a fluid, unspoken method they have built up through adventuring together together - five years, your mind-reading senses tell you, Roland... before the sense is snuffed out after 50 complete minutes.
Kate: As you follow the tracks, you're aware that whoever made them continued at a walking pace for almost the entirety of the remaining trip. Crow and Merta hold hands occasionally, but Merta will always take point if she suspects something is near, or if they turn a bend after the tracks. Crow seems all right with this arrangement, remaining further back. It seems to be a fluid, unspoken method they have built up through adventuring together together - five years, your mind-reading senses tell you, Roland... before the sense is snuffed out after 50 complete minutes.
Maelari gently sets the gnoll on Kagome's back, giving her a stern look. "Kago, you be nice to gnoll. This one's just a baby, he's not responsible for anything in the past." She pats the gnoll lightly. "I'll stay right here next to you, so don't worry, okay?" Standing, she collects her bow and secures her pack so the gnoll doesn't get into it. "There. Do any of you have tracking experience?"
Kate: (OOps)
Kate: (... haha!)
Maelari: (After making Onta, I really want a bard with a glaive... Make it resonate at different frequencies to play my music...)
Kate: (Onta?)
Maelari: (The doppelganger I made with Keith)
Kate: While they walk, Merta tells Maelari that she used to track beasts for a living until she met Crow, so she has some experience. Crow just laughs and says he wasn't the outdoors type before he met Merta.
Roland: (brb drink and bio)
Kate: (ok - I might get a drink too)
Maelari: (Same - but food instead!)
Maelari nods. "Would you like to take the lead then? I could easily keep tracking, but then you'd have to stay with the little one."
Kate: (back)
Kate
The little gnoll clings to Kago's back, its little fingers knotted carefully in her scruff to make sure it will stay on. It's large golden eyes watch Maelari the entire time - it's yet to say anything.
After about two hours of walking, Merta turns to them, motioning over her shoulder as she smiles. "Jackpot! Tavern in the middle of nowhere!" She turns and points to a large wooden building standing in the forest by a slow-moving stream. The tracks lead right up to the stone path that leads to the tavern. Above the tavern door is a hanging sign titled 'Blindside Alehouse.'
"Aw no..." Crow groans. "You're going to get drunk and drag me all over the forest again..."
"Oh, stop your whining. You loved it."
Maelari: (I should make Mae a happy drunk.)
Roland keeps at a good pace slightly behind everyone, even after catching a glimpse of each of there mind it only told a small bit. He rather play it safe then take risk with total strangers, still there was no harm in small chat he bargain.- "So you two been a item for a while I suppose, that's a hard thing to get... Also random question but by anychance have you both suffered from memory loss? I think something been hexing this kingdom.."
Roland moves to open the door for everyone!
Kate: (Heh, we'll pretend your question was during the walk, so I'll quickly answer it!)
Maelari: (AH FUCK)
Maelari: (I just lost The Game ;.; )
Roland: (We just made it there, there is plenty of time to chat)
Kate: (Ah, ok)
Kate
"Memory loss, yes!" Merta says, smirking as Roland opens the door ahead of the others. She bops a curtsey to him before moving through the doorway. Crow follows, motioning inside. "We can talk over a mug of beer or something..."
As you enter the tavern, you realize it is probably more empty than usual. There are plenty of seats and tables in the main tavern area, but only eight patrons are there. The bartender is standing behind the counter - a red-headed dwarf with a long beard (he must be standing on a step to be so tall) - and he is wiping down the bench. At a small table in the corner, a halfling is animatedly talking the ear off an elf, and at the bar is a hulking giant of a human... or you believe so - you can only see his back profile and the size of his massive muscles. He is nursing a drink and trying to ignore the group of five humans behind him at a longer table, raucously drunk and shooting him unfriendly glares.
The bartender glances up as the door opens and smiles, continuing to wipe down the bench. He calls out the back of the establishment (through a door behind the counter) for one of the serving girls.
Maelari sighs as she spots the large number of people in the tavern. "Great... Is there a corner table, or one by a wall?"
Roland smirks seeing the tavern and snaps his finger- "Jackpot indeed.. Just what we needed.. something stronger then water."-he exclaimed happy to follow in with everyone and eyeing the group. He can't tell whether it was good or bad it wasn't full but nether mattered as long as there was nice eye candy, and drunken fools.- "Yes over there, should be more then enough to en-company our party. And I do believe that fella there could be our hero.." -he says moving to the corner table before kicking up his feet
Maelari: (Wow, dirtier than Kyle)
Roland: (Dirtier? How so? ROUND)
Maelari: (He actually says "eye candy")
Kate: The little gnoll clings to Kago as they enter the tavern - nobody seems too fussed with the wolf's appearance, though one of the humans at the long table gives the baby gnoll an alarmed stare before going back to his drink and throwing coarse language at the the loner at the bar. They seem to be picking on him because he looks like he'd be worth a good fight, trying to taunt him into losing his cool.
Kate: (He didn't - Kitt's description. )
Maelari follows him quickly, keeping Kagome and the gnoll child close. Taking a seat as far into the corner as she can, she makes a space for Kago and the gnoll child. She giggles as Kago lies down beside her, letting the child down gently and curling up to rest beside it. "...good girl. Thank you, Kagome."
Kate: Crow and Merta settle down on a bench at the corner table together with their backs against the wall. Merta instantly snuggles into Crow and he wraps an arm about her.
Kate: (Brb - will have to go soon. I will attempt to negotiate for a few more mins so Kitt can come back!)
Maelari: (I'll start working on my FFT campaign then.)
Roland: (its k if you can't kate finishing round)
Maelari: (Crap, I just realized how hard it's actually gonna be to do a FFT campaign...)
Maelari: (I'd have to make stats for every fcking battle. That's eight numbers per character.)
Kate: (I will be around until you make a reply, Kitt, then I have to go! Just getting ready for bed)
Maelari: (I don't wanna have to come up with 80+ numbers for each battle x.x)
Roland there he sat waiting for a good while till he finally whistled with two fingers in his mouth trying to get the waitresses attention
Roland: (sorry not much to reply to, no said anything oh well good spot to end etherway)
Kate: (I still have 5 more mins. )
Roland: (FFT campaign sounds hard)
Kate: The serving girl comes out from behind the counter, bearing a tray of beers. She avoids the long table of humans and heads straight for their group. She's a pretty brunette, probably early-twenties, and a half-elf. She lays the tray down on the table, smiling softly. "They're free until we find something to trade with..."
Maelari: (Remember that I was discussing possibly doing a Tactics campaign? I figured out how the damage is calculated just fine. Then I realized that there's eight numbers per character that I have to come up with, unless I play it exactly like the game and copy the stats as they show up, but that would get boring.)
Roland let's out a small gasp- "Oh really? You just going to keep giving away free drinks till the kegs are empty? Wow.. what's the celebration, couldn't be your birthday could it?" -he says slowly reaching for one of the drinks.
Maelari lifts a hand to stifle a giggle and reaches for one of the tankards, then stops. "Wait... Something to trade with?"
Kate: "Oh, no... we all just had a coordinated hangover and the economy crashed when all the gold disappeared..." The serving girl smiles a little, then looks at Maelari. "With no gold, coins, we're going to have to depend on trinkets and knickknacks... thing is, Karton's not keen to do business like that, so he's having those five miners over there pay for their drink with ore... they're the only ones paying." She shrugs and offers a polite smile to Roland.
Kate: (Right, I have to go! THis was fun!)
Maelari: (Indeed it was. New party members GET!)
Kate: (Can't wait for next time.. GET?)
Roland: (yupyup)
Maelari: (Gamer talk for having acquired something xD)
Kate: (Ah! XD Yes! I can't wait for what is about to happen next... goodnight!)
Roland: fog?
Maelari: (Naito)
Maelari: (Sure)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:55 am by Kate Orchix

*Alternate Session 3 (2nd November 2012)

Kate: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Kate
Roland let's out a small gasp- "Oh really? You just going to keep giving away free drinks till the kegs are empty? Wow.. what's the celebration, couldn't be your birthday could it?" -he says slowly reaching for one of the drinks.
Maelari lifts a hand to stifle a giggle and reaches for one of the tankards, then stops. "Wait... Something to trade with?"
Kate: "Oh, no... we all just had a coordinated hangover and the economy crashed when all the gold disappeared..." The serving girl smiles a little, then looks at Maelari. "With no gold, coins, we're going to have to depend on trinkets and knickknacks... thing is, Karton's not keen to do business like that, so he's having those five miners over there pay for their drink with ore... they're the only ones paying." She shrugs and offers a polite smile to Roland.
Kyle: (sry eating ear)
Kate: (Creepy)
Spinel rubs her chin. "Coordinated hangover... It's more widespread than we thought..."
Kyle: (ear of corn Kate)
Kate: (First thought that came to mind were those pig ears that dogs chew on... first response was 'creepy')
Kate: (Change your names, guys! xD!)
Kyle changed name to Roland
Spinel changed name to Maelari
Roland: (Wow.. sorry I want to play, but my mind is fuzzy and having issues writing can we try to rp after my next round? I'll give me time to fix it)
Kate: (Sure.)
. . .
Time passes, chit-chat and all that…

Kate: (Ah, that was funny... Dad's going out to get some food and asked if I wanted some chips. Mum said 'get a small sized chips!' At the same time, Dad and I started rapidly whispering 'get a large size! get a large size!')
Roland: (so is everyone at the table in the corner?)
Maelari: (UGH I can't freakin remember her quote!)
Kate: (Yup)
Kate: (Something bouncy?)
Roland: (xD Guessing mom is trying to worry about weight?)
Kate: (Serving girl is only one standing. She's just set down a tray with beers.)
Maelari: (It's playful and bouncy, but serious at the same time)
Roland: (..are you two talking about boobs?)
Kate: (Heh, yeah. We're going away on holiday start of December and it's gonna be HOT... I'm aiming for being able to wear new dresses to stay cool. I'm taking my laptop with me, so I should still be able to play D&D, but maybe not as regularly.)(Yes, we are talking about boobs.)
Kate: (Heh, yeah. We're going away on holiday start of December and it's gonna be HOT... I'm aiming for being able to wear new dresses to stay cool. I'm taking my laptop with me, so I should still be able to play D&D, but maybe not as regularly.)(Yes, we are talking about boobs.)
Kate: (LETSGO!)
Maelari: (Aha, I think I found something decently gory for Siara Haze)
Roland: (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME TODAY *pulls hair out* Trying to type..)
Maelari: ("I'll play a tune for you, one that blooms from my five fingers - the sound of sweet crimson tea dripping as I gouge them into your neck...")
Maelari: (Too dark?)
Roland chuckles at Maelari's and the barmaids thoughts on a coordinated hangover; he didn't believe that for a second but atleast everyone understood what was happening.- "Coordinated hangover for no one really knows, and we're dealing with it the best we can.. Got ya sweetie.' -he says taking his drink and giving her a sight nod before addressing everyone else at the table- "Seems my informate was correct, the whole kingdom has lost it purse.. Wonder how this will settle well with the King and his merry men."
Roland: (No, just doesn't fit. One has nothing to do with the other)
Maelari: (I'll keep thinking then xD)
Kate: The serving girl smiles and takes the empty tray with her as she returns to behind the counter with the dwarf bartender. He pours some more beers before giving them to her and she goes and places them on the table with the chatty halfling and bored-looking elf.
Maelari looks over to Roland. "Seems you know more about this than you're letting on. Care to share some details?"
Kate: Crow gently presses his lips against the side of Merta's head before responding. "Perhaps formed from Magic... Merta and I were talking over the possibilities last night. For such mass amnesia, I would imagine it would have to be of magical nature... and memories are not easily probed for the presence of magic, especially non-existent ones." He blinks at Roland, waiting for a response to Maelari's question.
Kate: .
Kate: (Everyone alive?)
Roland holds up a single hand to rub his eye while he talks- "You should never tip your hand till you know who playing against." -lazily tilts his head toward Crow with a blank face- "If it was magic I think someone who studied for years would be the better man to ask about this. I'm just grasping at straws.. What about you two, any ideas beside magic? Or who it could be?"
Roland: (I'm really trying here Kate, but I can say my mind is not in mood to work with me right now.)
Kate: (That's okay. Just checking you guys are still here. xD I don't mind being slow.)
Kate
Merta tilts her head up to look at Crow. "You know far more about magic than I do, Crow. Any ideas on who'd be able to do something like this? Surely one of your Wizard-y friends back at the college knows something about this."
Crow licks his lips, thinking, then offers a small shrug. "I honestly can't think of anything. There was a small-scale prank spell going around about the time I left which temporarily wiped the past 48 hours but returned over the next week... Do we have any indication of when our last memories were? Last Merta and I remember... gosh, we never kept the date... but we were in the wilderness between Corvis and Ulekstead."
Maelari tilts her head. "I wouldn't have thought it possible to erase memories entirely... It's been a few days though, right? If it was a prank spell, it would have come back by now. Someone wanted out memories, and our gold, taken."
Kate: Merta lazily motions over at the large man at the bar with his back to them. "Well, what about him? We've been following his huge-ass tracks everywhere... and you said, Maelari, that he left two gold coins over your eyes... so how'd he end up keeping them when everyone else lost their gold?"
Maelari shrugs. "I know what you're thinking, and I considered that possibility. If you want to go confront him over it, be my guest. I don't think he's the one we're looking for though, that's just too easy."
Roland follows along with everyone completely content to listen then waste air on questions with no answers, but then snaps his fingers and points to Merta- "And we got our self's a winner.. Those are the right questions we should be asking, instead of chasing our tails." -puts his feet down and holds a hand up to gets the barmaid attention- "Well lets all go fine out then, and invite him over for a drink or two.. maybe silent those fools at the other table to gain his favor even?"
Kate: The serving girl returns only with the empty tray, seeing that not everyone has finished their drinks. "A top-up?" she asks softly, glancing into Roland's mug.
Roland laughs at Maelari cowardice- "Ha, oh you afraid of a little talking? Seems to me your yellow bellied, hah..What you afraid of? Ya got me and Merta here, and I'm sure you two girls could use your charm." -he turns back to the barmaid- "Ya.. I was wonder little lady if you knew anything about that giant of a man over there, and maybe the reason you haven't thrown those fool out yet?"
Roland: http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/ima...
Maelari rolls her eyes. "You call it cowardice, I call it avoiding unnecessary conflict. If he becomes angry, what do we do? Or more specifically, what do YOU do? I'm taking no part in it."
Kate: The serving girl glances over at them and softly exhales. "They're the only ones capable of paying - the only 'real' customers. Karton won't throw them out unless they cause more trouble than just yelling and swearing at that man." She seems to go off into thought for a moment, watching the man, then looks to Roland. "He came in last night and took a room, exchanging a blade as payment. This morning, he stayed in his room until maybe... an hour before you walked in? From what I've gathered, he doesn't know the miners. They've just targeted him because of how quiet he is, I believe... but... ah..." She looks nervous before drawing a line down the right side of her face, from her eye to the corner of her lip. "I would say he's been in a few fights."
Kate: (funny pic!!!)
Maelari nods. "All the more reason to avoid picking a fight with him."
Roland: waves off her comments- "What would I do, I would talk to the man.. But I see your spineless as the rest of your kind. Plus you really think a man that size would harm you, if anything he would explode on that other group. Guess you should never send a girl to do a mans job. Thanks again.."
Roland: (What objects are near me?)
Kate: (Your beer mug, everyone else's beer mugs, any empty stools at the table... chatty halfling two tables away.)
Kate: (And the tray the server girl is carrying.)
Roland: (and how many at the table full of fools)
Kate: (Five. All human.)
Kate: Crow absent-mindedly wonders aloud: "I wonder why he hasn't already tried to shut them up... he's a fairly big guy, I bet he could take out at least two or three fairly easy..."
Kate
"Just because he's big doesn't mean he's violent, sweety," Merta says with a smirk.
"Puh, what about your father?"
Kate: Merta softly snorts at Crow. "He just didn't like you, that was all."
Maelari grits her teeth, her bright eyes darkening suddenly, appearing almost jet-black as she snarls at Roland. "You know nothing of my people or of me, hume. There's nothing to stop me from killing you outright the moment you turn your back to me."
Maelari: (Behold, Mae takes after Siara!)
Kate: (Heh, was waiting for family resembelances!)
Roland: (LATE TO ROUND )
Kate: (RUN, KITT! RUN!)
Roland blows air out of his mouth pfff~ not even caring about Maelari empty threats.
Maelari: (She doesn't have a Haze like Siara, but when she's pushed too far, her negativity starts showing up)
Maelari: (And then she just gets mean)
Maelari looks away with an indignant -hmph-, making a mental note to spar with him later.
Maelari: (Did I ever choose favored enemies? I'm not even sure what that does...)
Kate: One of the five men at the long table stands up and moves to a point between the table and the stool which the large man sits on. He's grinning like a lunatic and swaying slightly on his feet, but seems fairly pleased with himself. "Hoi, you! Yea, ya big lump of lard, I'm talkin' to ya!" he yells at the large man's back. "Not ganna talk to me, are ya? Well aren't you all 'igh-an'-mighty, huh?" His friends giggle stupidly and cheer him on.
Kate: (Uhm, nope... it's a racial trait, I thought.)
Kate: (E.g., dwarves get +2 to hit or something on orcs and goblins.)
Maelari: (I think Favored Enemy is a ranger trait, not race...)
Kate: (You got the player's handbook open?)
Maelari: (Aha)
Maelari: (At 1st level, a ranger may select a type of creature from among those given on Table: Ranger Favored Enemies. The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures. )
Kate: ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger#... )
Kate: (you never picked. )
Maelari: (I don't want to shoot any gnolls, so that's out...)
Maelari: (Humans and Animals for the first two)
Kate: (I think you can only have 1 for first level)
Kate: (oh wait, duh... we're 5th level)
Kate: ( The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures. ) (You're going to have to remember this for me, otherwise I'll just keep giving you the same results as normal rolls.)
Maelari: (I'll try xD)
Roland: (Arcane Spell caster is also there, but it and Human requires reasoning to why your character has it)
Roland: (Favorite Enemy 'Human' means your normally a Bounty Hunter or Murder ect, ect.. Also it's 'Humanoid' and you have to pick a race)
Maelari: (Humanoid: Human = Human)
Roland leans forward on both elbows with a grin ready to watch how this part plays out- "Well.. I was going to ask the man, but now let's just watch for a moment.. just a moment.."
Maelari: (Wait, I need a reason?)
Maelari: (Uh... Because Mae suddenly hates Roland? xD)
Roland: (Ya, you get the bonus because you have ether hunted them, hate them, ect.. )
Roland: (A good reason to say you been killing them for a while yes Munchkin)
Maelari: (Well she hasn't been, and doesn't have a reason to hate them as a race yet)
Roland: (Also Kate do you want me to pick my spells I know and send them to you?)
Maelari: (Animals because she's been surviving in the wild)
Kate: (Sure. I'm writing now.)
Maelari: (I think the closest I could get to a reason for hating humans is that they're so disconnected from nature)
Maelari: (Coyotes in the wash again, slight brb <3)
Maelari: (Mmm, back~)
Kate
The standing human is quiet for a moment as he watches the large man calmly take another sip of his beer. He glares at the man's back before growling. "Look! Face me when I'm talking to you, dammit, you bastard!" His voice doesn't seem quite as slurred as before. "Not gonna? All right, all right... fine." He rushes at the man's back, a fist coming up... The giant of a man has far more grace than his large stature would imply and slides effortlessly from the stool and out of the smaller man's reach, leaving his drink on the counter. His back is still to our group. The drunk human growls and readies another fist to swing at the large man...
The large man moves faster, however. Both of his massive, meaty fists ram up into the smaller man's ribcage. There is an audible CRACCCKKK sound of ribs smashing and the smaller man screams. His companions leap from their seats, rushing the large man. A short man with red hair punches the large man in the side of the jaw but there appears to be no visible reaction of pain. The three other miners attempt to attack the large man, but he either takes the blows or just weaves himself through the flurries of fists.
The large man's fists find another mark, one whacking solidly into the gut of the redhead, the next slamming the man's head back and causing him to fall unconscious on the floor. Another man attempts to hit the large man, but misses. The next manages to land a fairly nice blow in the large man's gut, but yet again there is no reaction. The next man also misses as the large man brushes aside his attack. The large man then kicks out one of the men's leg and smacks his knee into the man's head as he falls down - he also falls motionless on the floor. The remaining standing men attempt to strike the large man again, yet he avoids them in an uncanny fashion, his large size not hindering him in the slightest.
His fists ram into the taller of the two standing men, making the man cough up blood and stagger slightly as he fights to remain standing. He tries to swing at the large man, but is too pained to actually land a good strike. The other man, however, manages to bloody the large man's nose - there is still no response of pain. It seems, however, that despite the shorter man's temporary victory, the large man is unimpressed - another two solid punches and the man was on the ground.
The man with blood on his lips strikes the large man. The first miner whose ribs were damaged in the large man's first attack is back on his feet. He manages to land a punch in the large man's chest, making him stagger, but they don't really stand a chance. The large man whacks one fist into one man's head, the other fist into the other's head. Without further ado, both fall unconscious on the floor, leaving the large man standing and now facing the group in the corner.
He has a massive, ugly scar reaching down the right side of his face... or up. It looks as if a blade caught at the edge of his lip and dragged up his face. His eyes are dark and dangerous, his hair short and black, and his face bloodied from the fight. Still, he doesn't seem worried. A gruff "Sorry about the mess" is thrown to the bartender before he reclaims his stool and sips at his drink once more.
Roland (slow clap for post)
Kate: (WALL OF TEXT TIME! YAY! I actually rolled out this whole fight earlier today to see how it would work out... It's all legit!)
Kate: (He lost 30 hp in all)
Maelari: (Hooooly crap)
Maelari watches in silence, her eyes returning to normal. As it ends, she looks at Roland and holds out her hand, palm up, as if indicating something beside her. "And that's why you don't pick fights with strangers."
Kate: ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
Maelari: (Especially with guys that look like him.)
Roland whistles with two fingers in mouth then starts clapping- "Woo! Very nice.. very nice.. Good to see them shut up.." -Roland said looking back over to Maelari and cleaning out his ear- "I thought efly suppose to have good hearing, or you death? I never claim to pick a fight, I said go ask him so questions shees.. "
Maelari: (You're enjoying this, aren't you...)
Kate: "The pleasure is all mine," the man says, almost good-humoredly, but... not quite, and glances over at the table, raising his mug in a sort of salute before returning his undivided attention to his beer.
Kate: (I am!)
Kate: Merta has an approving expression on her face and Crow nudges her a little before murmuring something that seems to be along the lines of 'you don't let me stare'. Merta snickers and shoves him before kissing him on the side of his face.
Roland stands up slowly still carrying his drink and sipping on it along his way across the room, while stepping over one of miners and kicking another one in the side just cause he felt like it- "Hey.. don't touch the boots, I just waxed'em.. So Mr. Scar care to join us for a drink?" -he motions back to the table- "As you can see I have a rather lonely looking girl that just wouldn't shut up about your size."
Maelari: (If I had a dagger, I'd throw it at him)
Maelari: (But since I don't...)
Roland: (You can't hear me, I'm talking softly across the room!)
Maelari: (You said it yourself, I have good hearing xD)
Kate: The large man doesn't acknowledge Roland for a moment, but slowly turns his head to gaze at him. He glances Roland up and down as if evaluating just what the other man might have as his true intentions, but his eyes settle on his face for a moment. However, his natural curiosity takes him over and he glances towards the table, eyeing the people around the table. Something in his eyes changes when he sees Maelari and his eyes snap straight back to Roland. "Is this a joke?"
Roland: (Bluff roll baby!)
Roland: (also Need my CS!)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Maelari: (Ooooooooh)
Roland: (vrs his sense motive)
Maelari gets a shiver, like someone's watching her. Not wanting to see exactly who it is, she pulls her tankard closer and takes a sip. A long sip.
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Rolan...
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Kate: (17 Sense motive)
Kate: "I think he thinks you're pretty," Merta says to Maelari with a slight teasing tone in her voice.
Roland: ( cracking rules here!())
Kate: (Hm?)
Roland: ( Bluff The target wants to believe you. –5 to the sense motive check)
Kate: (So 12)
Roland: (I got a 3 + 11 = 14 Bluff, not counting if he wants to believe me)
Kate: (Wait...)
Kate: (He won't want to believe you.)
Kate: (He'll want to, but he won't be able to)
Kate: (Uh... gosh)
Roland: (WHAT! Ahh that sucks, guess elfs arent his thing)
Kate: ('Tis complicated! That's why he's asking if it's a joke! There's something else! YOU should be sensing motive, haha!!!)
Maelari stops drinking, but doesn't lower the tankard, slowly casting a dark gaze at Merta before looking away and setting down the nearly-empty mug. "How disgusting. I could never be with a hume."
Roland would chuckle acting as if he offended a bit- "Me, jest? No, no.. But my statement still true, she would not stop talking about how big you were.. So please join us, I'll get the next set of rounds. Barmaid, please another?!" -he'ld say moving the along with his stein up in the air
Kate
"Aw, they're really not that bad," Merta says with her customary smirk. She rests her hand on Crow's thigh. "A little rough-around-the-edges compared to elves, I suppose, but they're all right... Right Crow?"
"Ehh, depends. I personally go for my own kind, so maybe Maelari here is the same? If I had fallen in love with an elf, I would have let myself, though... But I doubt it."
"I'm the opposite of an elf, dummy. There's no way you'd marry an elf. Now me... I'm still pretty sure I have married an elf."
"You're so mean."
Roland: (Sensing motive!?)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Roland: (18)
Roland: (round, feel free to move on)
Kate: (Can't with you doing that sense motive. We can wait. Merta and Crow are feeling chatty.)
Maelari lets out another -hmph-. "We've always been taught to avoid humes. They're greedy, selfish creatures that can't be trusted, and I've yet to see one prove me wrong. Fascinating though they may be, I can't simply disregard everything I've been taught and everything I've seen."
Kate: The serving girl nods to Roland and helps the dwarf bartender, Karton, with pouring drinks for the table. Karton soon leaves her to it as he moves around the counter and stoops to drag the drunk miners out the front door.
Maelari: (Imma try a quick listen check to see if I can tune in to Roland's conversation xD)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Maelari: (19, fck yeah)
Maelari: (...21)
Maelari: (I CAN'T COUNT)
Kate: Merta watches Maelari, her smile fading just a little. Crow shakes his head and shrugs. "Some humes are very different from other humes, same as some elves are different from other elves. Merta jokes that I'm an elf because of the way I was raised - I was adopted by elves as a young boy, raised by them, lived in elven lands, and was mentored by an elf wizard. I do not have an opinion of elves in general because of all the diversity I saw throughout my years with the elves... give it a little time and you will find some humes that you will begin to like."
Kate: (You can hear very well, heh!)
Maelari looks over to Roland, narrowing her eyes and focusing on him, only him, her ears raised a bit. She twitches slightly as she hears the words "how big you were", the silvery flecks in her eyes taking a tarnished color, then fading to normal as she whispers to herself, petting Kagome to relax. "Patience... I can kill him later..."
Kate: The little gnoll has curled up within the curve of Kagome's leg and is sucking on its paw, sleeping soundly despite all the noise from the earlier fistfight.
Kate: .
Roland: (Hey I have yet to lie)
Roland sees Maelari looking his way and gives a polite wave
Kate: (Alright!)
Roland: (also I know Sylvan as my bonus language)
Kate: Roland, you figure that the man knows Maelari from somewhere, the way he seemed quite... defensive as he asked if Roland was joking. Almost as if he didn't quite understand what he was seeing. The man slowly gets up from his stool, his eyes on Maelari still as he picks up his mug of remaining beer. "All right," he slowly agrees to the company.
Kate: (Okay!)
Kate: .
Roland: (Can I cast something as soon as he turns his back? If so Charm person Will Save 19)
Kate: (yup, okay... and what will this do?)
Maelari: (Wow, you're really blowing through your spells today...)
Roland: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Charm_P...
Kate: (Level 5, you have luxuries. )
Kate: (All right... *blows air on dice*
Kate: )
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kate: (He's yours.)
Roland: (He isn't mine just I'm a trusted friend)
Kate: (Yup, that's what I mean. You have him around your finger.)
Roland slaps Mr. Scars shoulder hanging off him like a pair of drunks- "Ya, that's what I like to hear.. I bet you have a ton of bar fight stories.. Do you play cards?"
Kate: ( http://www.monster-pulse.com/wp-content/... )
Kate: "I'm not particularly lucky," the man says with a slight smirk - the scar makes it look much wider and forboding. He takes a seat at the table, the smirk fading as his eyes find Maelari once more. The barmaid puts down another round of drinks and he nods his thanks to her before picking up one of the beers and taking a sip, his gaze still on Maelari. It isn't a... lustful stare, or even an attracted stare, rather it seems to be a mild form of confusion.
Kate: Crow kicks Merta under the table to stop her from staring. She stares bashfully down at her hands in her lap, a slight grin across her features at her husband's jealousy.
Maelari watches Roland carefully, ready to smack him as soon as he gets within range, but lets the tension drop when she spots the hume with him, switching her attention to him. She returns the gaze carefully. "Can I help you?"
Roland: (Why is this party awkward and unable to talk to a single man?)
Kate: "You don't remember me, do you?" he says. His words are emotionless, but not quite bland. He watches Maelari for a good long moment, then takes another sip of his beer.
Kate: (I have no clue!)
Maelari: (You're technically the only one who's single. xD)
Roland: (Who me or Roland? )
Maelari: (Well, both, but I was talking about Roland)
Kate: (IRL, I'm single...)
Kate: (So, Mae has someone?)
Roland: (And Roland uses women, he just doesn't bed any that are traveling with him, they get clingy and he hates that)
Maelari: (Since she's still young by elf years, she has one that she really likes. It's puppy love, nothing serious yet, but she wouldn't consider anyone else.)
Maelari: (Intimidate check)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Maelari: (...I think that's a hit.)
Kate: (23)
Kate: (Add your bonus)
Maelari: (25)
Maelari: (I thought 19 and 20 were natural success, or is that only attack rolls?)
Kate: (That's a hit... which is making me feel like cracking up. You better be scary, dammit!)
Kate: (20 is a nat success)
Maelari: (Ah, okay)
Roland: (only 20's)
Kate: (If we both rolled 20's, we'd add bonuses and see who was higher.)
Maelari: (w)
Roland: < 0 Prestidigitation Daze Touch of Fatigue Mage Hand 1 Shocking Grasp Charm Person Hypnotism Mage Armor 2 Ghoul Touch Detect Thoughts >
Roland: (save that for what spells I know please?)
Maelari closes her eyes for a moment to take a sip from her mug. "I dunno. Do I? Better question - should I? Better still..." She sets it down gently and opens her eyes slowly, casting a dark glare at the male. Her eyes are fully black now, with a few flecks of silver, and her voice, though calm, is dripping with malice. "How bad is it for you if I do?"
Roland: (Round , then shaving may be a few)
Kate
You see his adam's apple bob for a moment. He watches, then takes another slow sip before setting the mug down on the table and looks down at the table for a moment. He cups the mug in his hands and drums his fingers on the rim of the mug for a few moments. Suddenly, he glances back up at Maelari. "Worst thing I can get out of this, I suppose, is you having a meltdown. I don't believe that will be the case, however. You were dying when I found you in the forest, at the hands of another elf. They fled when I yelled at them and come over to see if there was anything I could do for you. You only lived a few more minutes - I had no medical supplies with me at the time."
He takes another sip. "So turns out you're not dead and you don't remember me. Never mind."
Kate: (saved that stuff, Kitt.)
Kate: (Yup, yup...)
Maelari: (still w)
Maelari blinks in surprise, her ears visibly rising. She narrows her eyes at the male suspiciously, then looks down, puzzled. "Another elf did that to me...? Couldn't have been him... Unless he's gotten worse..." The silver flecks in her eyes gradually widen and grow until her eyes have regained their natural silver color. "And you're the one who put the coins on my eyes then. It all adds up so far." She looks back up at him and raises a single finger. "But that leaves one more question. Or perhaps two." She waves her finger from side to side like a metronome. "The tracks near me, I followed them here. Since you're the one who put the coins on me, I'm assuming they're yours. First question - when you stopped and turned around, who or what did you see? Second question - why did you suddenly need to run?"
Kate
"I got lost," the man says, leaving his beer alone now. "I lost my way and I was too heavy to climb any of those little trees in the area, so I wasted a few minutes trying to remember which side moss grows on a tree. I gave up in the end and just started walking again." He watches as the bartender drags out the last of the five miners and shuts the door before returning behind the counter. His eyes linger on the barmaid for a moment, seeing as she is eyeing them, but she looks away once the man notices.
"I started running because I saw the elf again. He fled ahead of me and led me into a group of gnolls. They ignored him but gave me some trouble and I lost him again. Once I had killed the gnolls, I tried tracking him, but I don't have the eyes for that sort of thing. I am no natural hunter, and elves like yourself tend to walk a softer path. I wandered all over the place before stumbling across this tavern last night." He takes another sip, noticeably slowing down.
Maelari nods, taking mental notes. "It's true, we do... Normally only elves can follow other elves, unless they're exceptionally good at tracking. And at least now I know it's not him. I'll have to write to him soon..." She muses to herself for a few more seconds, then looks back up. "So we're all together, now what?"
Roland: (how late is it?)
Maelari: (How late is what?)
Kate
Crow leans forward over the table, weaving his fingers together before his face, elbows on the table. He presses his knotted hands to the tip of his chin. "Well, I'm curious as to how this gentleman here managed to keep some gold while the rest of us are completely broke..."
"I have no clue why," the man responds. "I only had the two gold in my pocket - don't really carry a lot else."
Maelari: (In game?)
Kate: (late afternoon, maybe 4-5pm)
Maelari: (Your turn to do some talking Roland)
Roland yawns looking over his shoulder to spot the barmaid and simply grins- "Hmm.. Not sure, I know I'm about to get this taverns best though.." -he lips some words before looking back at the group- "Oh well that was en-lighting, I guess I'll float about to next town myself. See about trying to pocket some gold, and horse.."
Roland: (I miss my 'beard' already.. )
Kate
The man is quiet for a moment, then taps a finger lightly on the table. "Before you lot go your separate ways, I have one question for you all... where were each and every one of you the last you remember?"
"Between Corvis and a little town called Ulekstead for us," Crow says, lightly patting Merta on the knee.
Kate: (I still don't understand facial hair work laws...)
Roland takes a large sip of his stein and flicks his tongue about and humms- "Mhmm.. I think this could use some mint, and more honey..." -he reaches into his pocket then starts putting a pinch of something into his beer (casting Prestidigitation to have my beer taste like Mint)
Roland: (I don't know ether it's retarded)
Kate: (heh heh, answer the question or this dude may say something like that. )
Kate: ("YOUR MINT BEER IS RETARDED!")
Kate: (... isn't in-character. Hmmm...)
Kate: (... wait. You meant facial hair work laws.)
Kate: (... now I dunno what I was on about.)
Kate: (... but... Mint Beer? Is that even nice? Heck, I wouldn't know... I'm just gonna stand in the corner and feel awkward now.)
Roland fully remembers the cold stone floors of the prison cell he was in last two days ago but think it's a better idea to keep that to himself- "Last thing I remember was making preparations for a large tournament in Corvis actually.. How odd..."
Roland: (I like Mint beers, they have a nice after taste)
Kate: (I feel like saying I feel old, but it's the opposite.)
Roland: (You feel NOT odd? Haha)
Roland: (I'm such a lair IC )
Kate: (Heh heh!)
Maelari tilts her head. "The clearest memory is near... Somewhere around here? I'm not really sure, the forest here feels similar to the forest I was in before. I met up with my brother, we were sharing information and he was teaching me a new spell. The last thing I remember was that he suddenly looked really scared, like he knew something bad was about to happen, and then... I don't know. Everything's a blank from then, and it was several days ago."
Kate
"Hm," the man says. He is very quiet for a long moment then breathes deeply. "This place is called Elmrock Forest, ruled over by a queen or 'Elven Lady' named Nalwi Imirie, a grey elf. So far as I have been able to gather from the patrons passing through since last night and the bartender, this place is just one large forest - a forest nation with mountains to the south where the gnoll barbarians seem to originate from."
He leans back on his stool a little. "I'm not from around here either. I'm a miner from Davenport's Deep Mines, and I don't believe there is any possible way of myself having come to be here."
Kate: (Anyone wanna try a local knowledge check on that?)
Roland stops with two fingers still infront him, shuffling back and forth as he fondly remember just how many times this spell made that terrible wet gruel taste like meat pies, and roast duck. His crime that drove him to that dark hole was cheating a man out his house, and even the mans wife's heart. How Roland played his cards that faithful night was truly a masterpiece till he slipped up. (KNOWLEDGE)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Maelari: (Ick, nothing)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Roland: )13!(
Kate: Roland, you recognize the name. It's a city on a seaside cliff southeast of Corvis - not much for trade, but most of their economy is based on mining. The place is notorious for it's gambling, smuggling, and the slave trade. You may have passed through once or twice. The Davenport Deep Mines were a place that slaves or criminals were sent to work - few got out alive due to the monsters reportedly inhabiting the tunnels and caves, along with the worst-of-the-worst being all penned up together.
Roland: (Oh.. Hmm, that is where Roland is from now I think.. That would be fitting.)
Kate: (It's where Rooke last was too. )
Kate: (Not his home though - he was just passing through.)
Roland: (I'm not sure how your going to rope us together )
Kate: (Murrhurrhurr! You may never meet. )
Kate: The man watches Maelari again, still seemingly a little confused by her apparent 'resurrection'. He drains the rest of his beer, his eyes moving to the couple across from him, noticing the slightly defensive nature of Crow and the bashful expression on Mirta's face before placing his gaze on Roland. He stares a good, long moment before his attention whips back to Maelari. "Did you find the paper I dropped?"
Maelari: (I can't remember, did I?)
Kate: (Yup. http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... Should be there within the first few paragraphs.)
Kate: .
Maelari "Hmm? Oh, this?" She digs into her pack, shuffling things around until she finds it. "Quite a strange letter." She slides it across the table gently.
Roland yells- "Barmaid!"
Kate
The man glances down at it, then shoves it back. "I can't read," he says. "Your elf dropped it when he ran off. Might be of more use to you than to me, lunar elf."
The serving girl comes back over with her tray. She puts it down on the table and starts collecting the empty mugs while she waits for Roland to say what he's gonna say.
Maelari jumps just slightly at the loud call, instinctively reaching for her rapier before relaxing.
Roland: (NEW LULU SKIN DRAGON TAMER LULU! It better taste purple)
Maelari: (w)
Maelari 's eyes widen and her pupils dilate slightly in alarm, closing his hand around the hilt of her rapier. "How did you...?"
Roland: (Nevermind ROUND I have to leave soon anyways >,> My boss is replacing me again )
Kate: (Aw, ok)
Kate
The man's eyes flicker to her waist, knowing she has gone for a weapon, but doesn't react. "It isn't too difficult to tell the difference. I worked with a lunar elf once - he was a thief, ended up getting killed down in the mines." He takes the last sip of his drink before placing the empty mug on the tray. "Slightly more aloof than other elves, fairer, more attractive, have this... slightly otherworldly presence about them."
He wipes a hand up beneath his nose, finally getting what little blood had crusted there after the fight. It seemed he only noticed it once the drying blood started to itch. "Your elf friend, I don't know if he was a lunar elf or whatever - pale skin, white hair, gold eyes, fairly tall, longest nose I've seen in a while... didn't really get to have his personality rub off on me at all. However, you... you're quite the charmer, aren't you?"
He offers her a smirk, the scar turning it into a macabre grin. "Learn to keep a poker face and your intimidation technique will be even better."
Maelari: (So I guess we're done?)
Maelari: (Oh)
Kate: (Could just have these two chat for a wee bit. )
Maelari narrows her eyes at him
Maelari: (Didn't mean to sent that so soon)
Kate: (heh heh!)
Maelari narrows her eyes at him as a light red tinge crosses her face. "What good is a poker face when you can intimidate someone with a nice glare?"
Roland holds his drink up and takes a small sip then holds it closer to her nose with a sly grin- "Miss my beer tastes sweeter.. maybe.. even minty, how did you know? Did you sweeten my drink with something? Cause you know you didn't have too, to get my attention sweetie. I seen ya glancing over, so I'll bite. Which room should I stay in for the night miss?"
Roland is in his own little world!
Maelari practically tablefaults when she hears Roland. "Just... Just ignore him..."
Kate: "You were too startled when I said what type of elf you were," The man said, his attention briefly diverted by Roland's attempts with the barmaid, but not held for long. His eyes snap back to Maelari. "I'm just saying, combine that lovely glare with a nice, straight face and you'd be in business. You'd be surprised with what a blank look can do to scare people..."
Kate: The barmaid is quiet for a long moment then quickly takes his mug. Everyone at the table can see the blush crawling up her face and the embarrassed expression, but she handles it all right. "Strange that it tastes of mint... I'm going to have to tell Wendy to make sure she washes the mugs out better next time. Excuse me." She moves to take the tray, her face almost completely crimson.
Kate: (Roland is far worse than Kyle! xD)
Maelari looks away. "I know more than I care to know about blank looks, courtesy of what happened to my brother. Sadness, pain, insanity... domination."
Roland: (amazing response! That's cause Kyle is GOOOD this character is not good)
Kate: The man watches Maelari, then leans slightly on the table. "Telling me that much is just begging for me to ask questions..." He glances up as Crow and Merta stand, heading over to the counter to get some beers directly from the bartender. Merta downs a whole mug in one go. The man returns his attention to Maelari. "But I believe you know what I mean. Either way, your technique is your own... but you don't exactly give the 'muscle' intimidation out there."
Kate: (Poor barmaid...)
Roland snaps his fingers then turns back to the group with a 'what did I do?' look- "Good.. the seeds have been planted, though now I wonder who this Wendy is... Mhhmmm.." -he says absence minded, and starts playing with a deck of cards, bridging them repeatedly- "Well seems to me, with no money anymore it's going to take some smooth talking to get what you want... And maybe a little more charm in this world now. I do think we should find directions, and head to the biggest city around. Or atleast that's my plan, I guess ya'll could follow me if you want."
Roland: (It's terrible I know, trying to think of a non-bad bad guyish for Roland.)
Kate: (Should be interesting to see where this goes...)
Maelari shrugs. "I might as well. I have no other leads until I can send a letter to my brother and see if he's heard of anything new."
Roland: (where what will go?)
Kate: The man is quiet for a moment, then gives a shrug of one hand. "I might as well come along. Nothing to really do here and I need to find myself a good blade. My fists and a pickaxe aren't going to be enough along these roads. As for your friends..." He glances over at the counter - Merta's already leaning on Crow for support, having downed another drink. "I don't think they're going to be walking anywhere soon, or not her at least."
Kate: (Character development)
Kate: (brb)
Roland: (Boss could walk in any moment so if I puff away you know why )
Roland: (Ya I wanted Roland to come off southern, roguish, charming, sly gambler kinda guy.. but I guess he is coming off too much like Fame seeking, riches, boyish charm Kyle is)
Roland: (ALSO what loot did I get off the Gnolls?)
Kate: (back)
Kate: (Okay. You didn't pick up anything except the daggers... I think there were 3.)
Kate: (He's not very boyish or fame-seeking)
Oak joined the chat
Oak: (Boss is here ttyl)
Kate: (Okay, bye!)
Maelari: (Ta)
Oak: (Ya, they are just too close together got to seprate'em)
Kate: (okay - make him criminal-like, that definitely sepearates them)
Oak: (like charming everyone for any reason like I was about to do to Wendy and the barmaid?)
Kate: (Yup!)
Kate: (Actually wasting other peoples' time to do it too. That would separate him from Kyle. Kyle seems to keep going with the flow.)
Oak: wonder if our group in Corvis will die, if so I'll just add players fyi and keep it going and try harder
Oak: wasting how?
Kate: (I like the Corvis group. I really wanna find a way to finish up this Ravid business soon though.)
Oak: (first you'll have to get them to keep playing I think they dont like it anymore)
Kate: (Like... e.g., we all decide to get on the road at a certain time! He's too busy chatting up a girl to actually be bothered respecting the rest of the group's time)
Oak: So Vex, and you and I may just recrute new players to fill in
Kate: (Probably my fault, heh...)
Oak: No never think that, its the players never the DM
Oak: DM put way too much heart into there games, as players dont
Kate: (That's the problem. I AM a player. I think they needed a bit more consistency.)
Maelari: (I might be able to get at least one, depending on his schedule)
Kate: That's one thing I love about being DM though... so long as you can keep a non-angry mindset, it's HEAPS of fun... especially when the players forget stuff you've given them or clues they've just missed.
[Insert Chatter]

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:02 am by Kate Orchix

*Alternative Session 4 (3rd November 2012)

Kate: Shea's busy tonight, so it's Roland and Maelari by the looks of things.
Oak: I showed my friends why Alistar is perma banned
Oak: SHEA!
Kate: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Siara changed name to Maelari
Oak: Why this time?
Oak: Can I be Oak?
Kate: Concert with her mum to see Matchbox 20
Kate: But you're Roland!
Oak: Just a magical tree that happens to be following them, hoping to drain all there blood and use there corpses for fertilizer?
Kate: That sounds too much like Siara...
Oak: MATCHBOX 20?! I'm so fucking jelly
Oak: SO JEALOUS
Oak changed name to Roland
Maelari: Dafuq is Matchbox 20?
Kate
Roland snaps his fingers then turns back to the group with a 'what did I do?' look- "Good.. the seeds have been planted, though now I wonder who this Wendy is... Mhhmmm.." -he says absence minded, and starts playing with a deck of cards, bridging them repeatedly- "Well seems to me, with no money anymore it's going to take some smooth talking to get what you want... And maybe a little more charm in this world now. I do think we should find directions, and head to the biggest city around. Or atleast that's my plan, I guess ya'll could follow me if you want."
Maelari shrugs. "I might as well. I have no other leads until I can send a letter to my brother and see if he's heard of anything new."
The man is quiet for a moment, then gives a shrug of one hand. "I might as well come along. Nothing to really do here and I need to find myself a good blade. My fists and a pickaxe aren't going to be enough along these roads. As for your friends..." He glances over at the counter - Merta's already leaning on Crow for support, having downed another drink. "I don't think they're going to be walking anywhere soon, or not her at least."
Kate: (Band)
Roland: < Will stab Vex later>
Maelari: (Oh, okay)
Maelari:
Roland: < Umm, I tried asking for a room stay, and got nothing.. nada >
Kate
< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7EbtLb8ok&fea... >
Kate:
Maelari: (Oh, it's them...)
Roland
< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WziA88-n02k >
Kate: (So, someone go ahead, or should I make the next post? )
Roland: (I will actually sing this song, best one )
Kate: ('Tis a good one)
Kate: (So...?)
Maelari: (I thought Roland was gonna post, I already said I'd follow him.)
Roland: ( YOu always follow, you need to step up man!)
Maelari: (I'm already leading the other one, you lead this one)
Maelari: (Though I don't know why everyone is following a madman without wuestion)
Maelari: (question*)
Roland: (Your not leading the other one ether xD)
Kate: (Stop bickering, y' old women! I'll post!)
Roland places both hands on the table and pushes his chair out making a long screeching noise as he stand.- "Then it seems I will be needing a room, perhaps this Wendy would where I could get a room, and maybe some company." -he says tipping hat and moving away from the table, taking his time fix his hair as he approaches the bar before knocking on it- "Ahh, so what's it take to get a warm place to sleep tonight?"
Kate: (... I'll post! xD)
Kate: (w)
Roland:
Kate: The serving girl from before has stopped blushing, but she refuses to look at Roland as she collects some other dirty dishes from around the bar counter area. The bartender, 'Karton', looks at Roland, his beard bristling. "Depends," he says, his voice coarse and rough. "Have anything of value on you? The beer's free, but the stay needs some compensation." He seems to be middle-aged for a dwarf, bald on top but with a long red beard that drapes to his belt.
Maelari: (Not necessarily, but when he gets back with everyone else, he'll be a lot more dominant about everything.)
Roland:
Maelari:
Roland: < No cause Vex, and your Demon was teh same way also>
Roland: (ROUND sorry Kate)
Maelari:
Maelari:
Kate: The large man watches as Roland moves away, then shifts his attention to Maelari once more. "Has he bothered you?" he asks simply, referring to Roland. "If he hasn't, I'm surprised. You're more than attractive." He takes another sip of his beer - the comment appears to be rather offhand with the way he delivers it.
Maelari smirks at Roland, hearing that he'd need to trade something. She would make do in the forest outside town. She then looks back to the male. "He bothers me simply by existing, but most humans do at this point." She blinks, then laughs, a playful bell-like laugh. "Oh, you mean...! No no no, not yet. And it would be better for both of us if he didn't~"
Kate: "Well, if he does give you any trouble of that sort, just let me know." The man offers her the slightest smile before extending his hand across the table to her. "My name is Caratacos Meireadhaigh... not that you're going to remember that, so call me Cara. What sort of name does a lunar elf woman such as yourself hold?"
Maelari:
Roland: < TACOS also Vex ya, all your characters a bi-polar I just wanted to point that out to you Dizzy>
Roland: (spot check over the dwarf for Wendy?)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Roland: http://www.fightersgeneration.com/charac... >
Kate: Through the door behind the dwarf, you can see into a small dining room - seems to be for employees only. You can see a little dwarf girl sitting at the table, playing with a cloth doll. She keeps looking up to the left as if through at another door which must be the kitchen.
Maelari: (I figured as much. I've played that series, you know. xD)
Kate:
Maelari narrows her eyes slightly, speaking softly for a moment. "If you're smart, you'll stop saying that out loud. There are plenty of people who would see the end of mine." She looks off to the side for a moment, thinking whether to reveal her name. Seeing how the man bears no apparent ill will towards her, she looks back to him from the corner of her eyes. "Maelari, from the Clan of Hope."
Kate: ( http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak... )
Kate: (I didn't include the coat room)
Roland looks lost digging through his pockets for something, he pulls out a set of cards, then another set of bladed throwing cards, a pair of loaded dice, a pair of normal dice, three daggers, and a smooth slipping rock and lays them out on the table- "Hmmm.." -he stares down at them for a while then slides a dagger across the counter- "How about a Dagger.. simple, clean, and always useful goes for about two crowns.. Sound good sir?"
Kate: (What does Maelari mean?)
Maelari: (Regarding what?)
Maelari: (Never mind, I get it)
Roland leans forward with his hand resting on the counter before talking quietly- "Also.. I was wonder if you had a 'sweet' open, maybe something I could stretch out in?"
Maelari: (suite*)
Maelari: (The home of her branch of Lunar Elves is a place of absolute purity and beauty. If word got out that she was a lunar elf, sooner or later she'd be swamped by people searching for a way into the White Forest. If anyone with really strong magic found her, they could trace her bond to the forest back to the source and reveal it.)
Roland: < If it's so pretty why is everyone leaving? xD>
Kate
Karton looks at the items before him for a few moments, then accepts the dagger, sliding it under the counter. "Hannah, why don't you show our new guest to his room? Room 1 should be fine," he asks the serving girl. "I'll take those dishes..."
Hannah, the half-elf, seems very possessive of the dishes. "I uhm, I... uh... can... you?"
Karton looks at her a long moment, frowns, then takes the dishes. "Don't ask me to get out of work, girl!" He storms out the back with the tray of dishes, taking a left off to the kitchen. Hannah looks at Roland for a moment, bites her lip, then reaches under the counter to collect a key.
"This way." She leads him out of the main tavern area and through a door into a hall. The first left, she stops at with the key to unlock the door for Roland.
Roland: < Damn you Kate I keep reading that as Karlton lol>
Maelari:
Kate: < Murrhurrhurr! >
Roland: (Sense Motive!)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kate: Cara nods. "I will refrain now that I have a proper title to call you by," he informs her. "Maelari is a lovely name. Does it mean anything in Elvish?" He leans his elbows on the table, watching her.
Kate: (On Hannah?)
Roland: (17 to see what's Hannah problem)
Kate: Hannah is the girl you hit on concerning the mint beer. She feels uncomfortable around you, especially with leading you somewhere she's not certain if she's safe with no support from her boss - hence why she asked him to do this instead.
Kate: She is about five foot five, her dark brown hair long and her eyes a light, sparkly blue. She has a slender form, not overly shapely, and relatively average-sized chest. She is wearing a light blue dress with a low front - work requirement, probably, to give customers something to look at - and a white apron. Her fingers are very dainty, implying she may not actually have been working as a serving girl for long.
Maelari shakes her head slowly. "It does not, but I like to think that it represents the feeling of desire that gives people the strength to keep fighting for their goals. 'The dawn of the new day chases all the gloom away. This is the strength we need to go on.' "
Kate: "So it is a racial trait?" Cara smiles. He waves a hand slightly in a dismissive gesture. "This form of poetry, seems that all of your kind have it. The thief I knew down in the mines was a bit of a hopeless romantic. Yukami, his name was, or 'Blue Orchid' as his thief title. Ever heard of him? I never found out his last name before he was killed."
Roland watches the dwarf and half-elf go back and forth for a moment as he takes the time to recollect his items from the counter unable to not smile- "Now that's serves with a smile.." -he says when Hannah reaches to grab the key, happy to follow her from behind with his hand in his pockets- "Alright, well thank you sweetie, so I'm guessing there is no sweet here?" -he asked again- "Also I would love if you could bring a menu up later if ya got one."
Roland: < Headache already, taking pills >
Maelari:
Roland: < Sorry if my characters like to eat once a week! >
Roland: < I was thinking Kate would it be easier if we all talking in <> for OOC? >
Maelari: for something that didn't need to appear in the history>
Maelari "Yukami? It sounds familiar, but not one that I remember well. He might have been from Envy, but I have no way of verifying that right now. I could send a letter home and see if anything comes back though."
Kate
Hannah pushes the door open. "This is the suite," she says. "Nothing like what you'd get up in Elmrock Keep, but it's the best we have."
Room 1 is large, a massive four-poster bed against one wall opposite the door and a washstand in a corner. A dresser takes up a portion of one wall (to the right of the door) and a wardrobe in the corner next to it. A desk is against the remaining wall that doesn't have the door in it. She points to a piece of paper on the desk. "That there is the menu... uh... is there... anything else?" Hannah seems nervous, almost frightened. She makes sure to not stand in the doorway, even going so far as to take a further step into the hall.
Kate:
Roland: < Why would she be fighten?? >
Kate: < She's scared of being alone with you. xD They didn't have good security back in these days! >
Roland: < Fine! Then charm that bish, will save 19!>
Roland: < Roland is amazing at making friends with low will saves>
Kate: "Ehh, it's not really important," Cara says, tracing a finger on the wood of the table. "He's dead, he said his family were all gone or didn't want to see him again. Why reopen old wounds when he was already as good as dead to them?"
Kate:
Maelari: (You're horrible Kitt, you know that right?)
Roland: ( Nope, just my non-good characters are, it's not like I'm doing anything I just want FRIENDS!)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kate: (15, not high enough. Bother...)
Maelari: (Try being nice instead of charming people. Once it wears off they're gonna run xD)
Roland whispers some magical words under his breath when he turns around to inspect the menu, then reading it as he approaches Hannah from the side and holding the menu closer to her and pointing at it- "Oh this is the best room, perfect.. So I'm going to ask you to surprise me later if you don't mind, with whatever you think is the best thing on the menu.. I love surprises from pretty girls. Think you could bring it up after you get off from work, I would love some company?"
Roland: (5 hours of Charm QQ MOAR! Hahahah)
Kate: (Poor Hannah...)
Roland: < And Kate we can just wash over dinner part, I rather leave it open in air no need to waste time to skip to the morning>
Kate: Hannah seems to look a bit foggy, then softly nods. "All right... I know something you may like, but... I don't get off work until early morning tomorrow," she says. She looks down at her hands for a moment, then glances up. "I'll sneak in anyways. Karton won't notice if there aren't many patrons."
Kate:
Maelari:
Kate:
Maelari: <^>
Roland: < I believe so! But lets reads the rules, also I'm asking for sexy time just company while I eat Roland is a lonely man!>
Roland: < The spell does not enable you to control the charmed person as if it were an automaton, but it perceives your words and actions in the most favorable way. You can try to give the subject orders, but you must win an opposed Charisma check to convince it to do anything it wouldn’t ordinarily do. (Retries are not allowed.) An affected creature never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders, but it might be convinced that something very dangerous is worth doing. Any act by you or your apparent allies that threatens the charmed person breaks the spell. You must speak the person’s language to communicate your commands, or else be good at pantomiming. >
Roland: < So a Cha check vrs there Cha >
Kate:
Kate:
Roland takes the key away from Hannah and takes her hand and kisses it as he leaves- "Wonderful, I look forward to it.. Now lets see what we can do about my drunken doves down stairs. Got a room for that lovely couple I was drinking with?" -he would ask as he makes his way down stairs to check on teh couple, and elf.
Maelari shrugs. "I'd still like my brothers to know if I was dead, even if they hated me. Whether they cry or have a party, I'm sure they'd want to know."
Kate: (No stairs)
Roland: < Well back into the bar!>
Roland: < I'm not bothering you Vex or Kate am I? >
Maelari:
Kate
Hannah follows Roland back into the bar just in time to have Merta shove away from the bench and latch onto Roland, forcibly turning him around before placing her hands over his eyes. "Who is it!?" she grins with giggles. Crow gently takes her hands away from Roland and slips his arm around her waist.
"Merta's had a little too much to drink... your boss said you'd show us to Room 3?" Crow asks Hannah. She nods and leads them back into the hallway.
Kate:
Roland: < Cause I'm so doing many charms on everyone>
Maelari:
Kate: Cara shrugs in return. "Ah well... your decision. It was three years ago, he was killed by a half-orc by the name of Sten. I ended up killing Sten about a month later when he tried to stab me in my sleep. That's... probably all there is to know about Yukami's death. Nothing too remarkable. He didn't feel any pain from what I saw." He plays with the edge of his mug before raising his eyes back to Maelari. "How is it you were alone when you met your brother? No mate? Or are you a little young for such commitments?"
Roland laughs and enjoys all the female attention he's getting- "Umm I would guess Crow, by how soft these hands are hahah! Aww"- he would say when she pulled away- "Ya I could see that, the rooms are fair guess I'll see you two in the morning."
Kate:
Roland: < Where did I avoid plot?!>
Kate: Crow shoots a humorous glare over his shoulder before they walk out of sight.
Roland: < See that joke at how girly Crow is xD>
Roland:
Kate:
Roland:
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Rolan... < 0 Prestidigitation Daze Touch of Fatigue Mage Hand 1 Shocking Grasp Charm Person Hypnotism Mage Armor 2 Ghoul Touch Detect Thoughts >>
Maelari nods lightly. "I'm only about fourteen by hume years, which is when we typically start deciding what we want in a mate. I had a very good friend at home, he's all I could ask for in a boy. He wanted to be my mate, and I was flattered, but I've always been restless and eager to see new things. When I finally caught the adventurer's bug, he didn't want to come with me, so here I am, and I'm happy with my decision. I've learned so much already that I wouldn't have by staying in the forest."
Maelari "When I return later, I'll see about finding a mate. I do like him, but I need someone who wants to travel like me."
Kate: Cara fingers the rim of his mug. "Equal to fourteen? I honestly would have thought a little older." Something in his demeanor has changed just slightly, but doesn't seem to affect his conversation skills. "I have always been a little confused about elven aging... if you're so young, why are you a full-grown woman physically? Yakomi said he was young - 113 - but yet he bedded women whenever he could."
Kate: ,
Roland takes his seat back the other two waiting for a spot to enter the conversation, then he found it- "Elf years are a interesting thing, it's funny how much older they can live yet still never learn to 'live' with the time they are given. They always seem to take it for granted.. Also I'm Roland Chance, I didn't catch your name Mr Scar.."
Roland: < Unsure if I want Roland to be part dragon, Fey or Fiendish >
Maelari looks up to Roland with a laugh. "Ha, we also grow a bit slower. I'm not done growing, honestly, I should be around... Hmm... I think right around six feet when I'm done. Just like humes, we gain most of our height by the time we start maturing, and then the final details are set." She snickers softly. "If he was 113, then he'd be in the elf version of the 'horny teenager' phase."
Maelari:
Kate: "Cara," he tells Roland with a slight smile before returning his attention to Maelari. "Well, whatever stage it was, it definitely worked for him. Had a new woman in his bunk almost every night - frustrating as hell considering we had the same room and were locked in. I have no damn clue how he smuggled them in..." He gives a slight roll of his eyes before draining what little is left in his mug. "Well... Maelari, do you have a room for the evening? If not, I'll offer you mine. They have spare mattresses under all the beds anyhow - I promise I don't snore."
Kate: < Dragons can shapeshift to human form, very charismatic.>
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland: < Sorcs magical at birth it's common that when Sorc are kids there houses are haunted, as they cast Ghost Sound without meaning to, or move things with spells. Like Roland and all Sorcs they have ZERO schooling in the ways of magic, they are mutants, just one days it felt right to whisper words and then magic would happen. This magic comes from a bloodline that could stretch years and years. Normally from dragons, but sometimes Fey, Angels, and Fiends>
Roland: < Are you kidding Dragons are dicks in this world, they charm people and rape them all the time xD>
Roland: < And he is charismatic, I have a 16!>
Maelari:
Kate: < Satyrs are Fey... >
Roland: < ^^ OR a mother Nymph somewhere down the line>
Maelari:
Roland: < Roland is lazy, plus he tried charm and it didn't work so he made friends>
Kate:
Maelari shakes her head. "I'm good, I'm probably gonna sleep in the forest again. It's always more comforting to be in nature. I guess I take after him more than Mr. Holy... Besides, I don't want to risk the little one waking up and yowling for food. Sneaking a wolf into the room is one thing, but a baby gnoll is quite another. Thanks for the offer though~"
Roland nods in agreement not really following the conversation- "So I couldn't help but remember hearing you were from some mining pit or something? It sounds rather familiar I think I was due for a game down that way once, anyidea where that would be?"
Roland:
Roland: < I am so happy right now, don't know why just in a good mood>
Maelari:
Kate: Cara looks distracted by Maelari's comment and quickly glances under the table. He blinks at the baby gnoll, then sits up again. "You shouldn't be alone in the woods," is all he says in response, choosing not to ask about the gnoll or how Maelari came into possession of it. He turns his attention to Roland. "Davenport Deep Mines, yeah... but no, I never really got outside. A bit of a forced homebody, I suppose. If you were due for a card game down there, heh... you weren't ever gonna see the surface again. Davenport, however... every tavern, every street corner you'll find a game of cards. And a knife at your throat."
Kate: < Random good moods... very nice. >
Maelari waves a hand dismissively at him. "If they can't climb trees, they can't bother me. And I'll be just outside town anyways - worst case scenario, I send Kagome to get help if anything happens."
Kate: Cara is quiet for a moment, then motions under the table at a gnoll. "Not just you being alone, either... that thing is a baby. You expect to keep it warm in a tree? Come on... my room. I'll help you if the little guy gets too noisy and I'm pretty sure I could convince the bartender to let it stay." He watches her for a long moment, then sighs. "If it's my presence, I might be able to trade my pickaxe for another room..."
Roland mood seems to lighten and he smiles fondly up at the air rubbing his chin- "Mhhhmm.. Sounds like easy money to me.. So any reason you were there? Get set up too, or just kill a few to many men with your bare hands? Hehh.." -he says laughing lighting as he watches the empty tavern for anymore customers to walk in-
Roland: < Cara tell me your PAST! NOW>
Kate
No new customers have arrived, but the halfling and elf are still talking, the elf looking more and more bored as the minutes go by. You're pretty sure you see him give a massive yawn and the halfling still doesn't notice, excitedly chattering on.
Cara shrugs. "Wrong place, wrong time I suppose... ended up down there when I was a boy. My home village was sacked by bandits, the survivors were sold off into the slave trade. Ended up in Davenport. Not much else to tell."
Kate:
Maelari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB9Pym-sdbs >
Roland: < There is a halfing and other elf here?!>
Kate:
Maelari:
Kate:
Roland: < Seriously I don't remember that, I remember everyone else>
Kate: < Negligent! I saw them all along!>
Kate:
Maelari:
Kate: < Thank goodness!?
Kate: >
Kate: >
Roland sides away from his table tipping his hat to Maelari and Cara- "I understand all too well Cara.. And if ya'll two need a room just let me know, I'm pretty smooth when I need to be.. I'm heading off to bed soon, I got diiner plans also.." -he says before leaving there table and heading toward his room, but stops as his interest peaks seeing the halfing ramble on about something. (Listening check what's he talking about?)
Roland: die20
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Maelari:
Roland: < O,o I REMBER THIS GAME>
Kate:
Roland: (4!)
Maelari:
Kate: The halfling is talking just a little too quickly for you to understand, although you do catch one or two words as he flails an arm at the ceiling. "Stars... time... date... two months..."
Roland:
Maelari:
Roland stops to listen and turns on his keel and approaches the table slapping the elf's back to wake him back up- "Hey ya'll, I'm new in town.. Mind if I sit and listen in and chat? I know you halfing normally have the best stories to tell.."
Maelari:
Roland:
Maelari:
Roland:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland: < Ya, it was sad but I asked God to have Star live till I made it out of High School and she did, just died from old age>
Roland:
Roland:
Kate
The elf stands as soon as Roland offers. "Please! Here, have my seat!" His eyes are red-rimmed and staring as if he was shocked when Roland woke him up, but EXTREMELY grateful for someone else to listen to the halfling's rant. "All right, goodbye! VERY NICE LISTENING TO YOU!" With that, he all but runs from the tavern, out the front door.
The halfling looks puzzled for a moment, then slaps his hands across his face. "My gods, I did it again! I talked someone to sleep! I really have to stop doing this! Please, please, sit down... my name is Howard! New in town? Were you affected by the memory wipe too? Rather exciting, isn't it? Some wild wizard or sorcerer unleashing their power upon the land... how very exciting! I do wonder who it could be... I discovered the amount of time missing! Two months! The last date I remember was 26th of Bloomfire, and judging by the stars, it's two months later! 23rd of Spritelight! I DO like that name... would make a wonderful last name... oh, please, do take that seat before it gets cold!"
Kate:
Maelari:
Maelari sighs. "Eh, alright then. I figured I could use a bit of magic if it got chilly, but it would be easier in here, and would save what little I have. Thanks." She reached down to pat Kagome. "You ready to go, dear?"
Kagome joined the chat
Kagome swings her head up slowly, seemingly annoyed that she was woken up just to be asked if she was ready to go to sleep.
Kate: Cara nods and gets to his feet. He offers Maelari a hand to her own feet. The little gnoll yawns and clings to Kagome's fur, blinking sleepy eyes.
Maelari grins to herself and takes his hand. "Quite a gentleman~" She reaches down to pet the little gnoll softly. "It's okay little one, we'll be in a proper bed soon. I'll think of a name for you in the morning, hmm?"
Maelari:
Roland face looks very interested in what the halfing is saying, but only half true- "Two whole months, that's rather impressive you figured that out. But even then it's not much help to everyone, now if you ask me I think it's a fake and not a rogue wizard, but the kingdom's idea. I'm sure they did all this to just get rid of there dept or something.. I know I'm about to head out to Elmkeep and findout for myself though.. I'm Jack, what's your name I didn't catch it?"
Maelari:
Kate
The little gnoll latches onto her arm and claws it's way up her sleeve before snuggling against Maelari's chest and closing it's eyes. It sighs softly before falling into slumber once more. Cara watches the two of them for a moment before glancing over at the counter to make sure Karton is not looking. He gently places a hand on Maelari's shoulder and steers her alongside him, keeping himself between her and the counter as he leads her towards the rooms. You figure it's so the bartender doesn't see the gnoll.
He takes you to Room 4 (Roland is in Room 1, Crow and Merta in Room 3 - http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak... ) and lets you in along with Kagome. The room has a double bed, a dresser, a washstand, and a sparse desk. It is no suite, but definitely enough to take one or two people. Cara closes the door behind you and moves over to the bed where he crouches down beside the bed and reaches under, tugging out a large mattress. "They keep these under here just in case the bed isn't soft enough and you need another layer... no luxury for us, however." He drags the straw and feather mattress closer to the desk, away from the bed.
Kate:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland: < I think Lars is a good name for the Gnoll>
Kate: Howard beams. "Howard! And the kingdom doesn't have the means to do something of this magnificent scale! I travelled all the way from Summernaught in the past two days and nobody I've met along the way has any knowledge of the past two months! A rogue wizard is very likely! OH, wouldn't that just be so dramatic and fantastic if it were the Old King's advisor? The Immortal? How exciting THAT would be... My, nobody's seen him in over a hundred years! Imagine this as his big re-entrance!" He pauses only for a moment, seemingly enraptured with the idea.
Maelari: ___>;; >
Kate:
Maelari:
Kate: Kate: >
Kate: >
Kate: <*drools over her mashed potatoes*>
Roland:
Roland: < *closes Kate's mouth and dabs off her drool* >
Kate:
Kate: <*eats her mashed potatoes, in utter bliss*>
Roland nods in agreement listen and going along like he knew all this- "I know right, it could be that old goat for sure.. But even then why would he take everyone's coin purse seems kinda child like if he was able to wipe memories for two months. Oh darn what was his name do you remember?"
Roland: < HEY I"M ROLEPLAYING WITH EVERYONE IN THE BAR I'm doing things!>
Maelari shrugs, holding the gnoll gently. "That's fine by me, I've slept on more uncomfortable things than this." She sits on the mattress, rolling onto her back with the gnoll, and then onto her side, patting the spot next to her for Kagome to jump up beside her. "Nngh, what a day already..."
Kate:
Roland:
Kagome hops onto the mattress next to Maelari, spinning a few times before flopping down next to her to help keep the little gnoll child warm.>
Kagome: at the end >
Roland jams to video game music
Kate: Cara hesitates, one knee on the edge of the mattress. He looks at the bed, then at Maelari before shrugging. He was obviously intending to take the mattress. He stands and moves to the bed before taking off some of the blankets. He moves back over and gently drapes them over Maelari before turning to the washstand. Making his way over, he rubs his hands over his face before pouring some of the water of the jug into the small basin.
Kate:
Roland: < And you say I don't ask enough Questions xD>
Kate: The halfling looks completely at a loss. He stares dumbly at Roland before his mouth drops open. "Extraordinary! I cannot remember... in fact, I don't know if I ever knew... Oooh, I wonder if he did that? To make us all forget him? How unusual that would have been... He would have had to go through all the old records! Hm, no, no... this must be a memory lapse, not an actual memory wipe result!" He taps his chin, thinking hard. "Rafael was the name he went by in records! Yes, but that was not his true name! NOBODY knows that... my, how I would love to find out... He left straight after the death of the Old King, nobody knows where, but he's still supposedly in Elmrock Forest!"
Roland laughs loudly at the small mans chatter- "Really Rafael, I'm that has to fake, who would name there kid that..." -he wipes away a croc tear then returns to normal for a moment leaning forward- "Really now, Elmrock Forest? You mean out here, what are the odds of him returning back though.. It would seem to me he would have just left after taking everyones crowns. Do you happen to know where he would be in Elmrock Forest?"
Kate
The little gnoll opens it's golden eyes, watching Maelari for a long, long moment. It's little fingers grope a bit at her sleeve and it yawns before it closes it's eyes again and nestles between Maelari and Kagome. It still hasn't spoken.
Cara takes off his long-sleeved white shirt to reveal thin leather armor beneath his clothing. He removes it, and (if you're perving) you see his body is completely COVERED in scars. Blades, rips in the skin, puncture wounds, stabs, he has them all. Even a burn mark on the lower side of his left arm. He dumps the shirt and armor on the floor before standing at the washbasin with a cloth to wipe his face and torso clean. There are some fresh bruises from the recent fistfight that look painful but he doesn't give the skin any extra care in those areas.
Roland:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland:
Maelari:
Kate: "There were many rumors," Howard says, "But I honestly have no idea! Some say he went to the lake country, others say he lives on the beach, and a few others say that he lives in the mountains! As for 'stealing everyone's crowns', there is no such thing! He was an honorable man, a brilliant tactician, and an excellent swordsman! Very sharp mind!"
Roland: (Kate Howard give me a will save 20, and 19 Detect thoughts and Charm)
Kate: (... I did have a cS for him, thankfully)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kate: (Will save is only 18)
Kate: (You really wanna put another Charm out there? Howard's as open as a book)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Roland: (I like everyone thinking I'm a trusted guy, plus it won't hurt his feelings now when I leave. So my detect thoughts tells me he is telling th truth?)
Roland:
Kate: (Absolutely. Also, Detect Thoughts leaves you reeling from the sheer amount of rapid thoughts racing through the halfling's mind.)
Kate: (Howard is the most trusting NPC I have made thus far. xD)
Roland looks down into his drink then over his shoulder to bar keeps area and back to Howard with a sly grin as he stands up with his arm out- "Well thanks mate, I got a date to keep upstairs but it was nice chatting with you. You should try to get some sleep too, your eyes are sagging hahah!"
Roland: (arms out to shake his hand also in Detect thoughts is he sleeping here also?)
Maelari looks up at Cara, watching him carefully for a moment before closing her eyes and slipping into sleep.
Kate: "Oh, you think so?" He shakes your hand with one arm, the other reaching up to touch under his eyes. "Why, you're quite correct! But no rest for the wicked, they say! I have some calculations to make!" (Nope, not sleeping here. He's gonna go outside and stare at the sky as he walks.)
Maelari:
Roland:
Kate:
Kate:
Roland: ,> of 17>
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Roland: (Touch of Fatigue xD)
Kate: (16)
Roland: (He is Fatigued.. sleep would do him well!)
Kate
Howard pauses, fighting his lids from drooping shut. "Huh, maybe... maybe I should just... wow, I have not felt this tired in a long time! Maybe all that star-gazing finally caught up with me!" Without further ado, his head drops down on the table and he starts snoring noisily.
"I've been wishing he'd do that for the past five hours," Karton says from over by the counter, rolling his eyes.
Roland and with that Roland leaves feeling like he was helping the little guy, and heads to his room!
Roland: < xD Hope all my magic isn't annoying hahahah>
Kate changed name to Hannah
Hannah:
Roland:
Hannah is already at Roland's door, balancing a tray on her arm as she searches her pocket for the inn's master key. She glances up as Roland approaches and smiles a little. "Wendy made up some lasagne... I brought some wine too, in case you wanted a drink."
Hannah:
Maelari:
Roland:
Hannah:
Maelari:
Hannah: < heh heh heh>
Maelari:
Roland quickly helps her with the door, opening it for her as takes a big sniff at the air making his stomach growl- "Mhhmm-mhm.. You do know the way to a mans heart.. Right threw his stomach.. Please let me help ya." -he said moving inside and making room for her tray- "Why thank you miss, I never did catch your name, mine's Jack, Jack Chance."
Roland: < Maelari doesn't know Detect magic does she?>
Maelari:
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland:
Maelari:
Roland:
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Hannah smiles and moves on into the room, setting down the tray on the desk. "My name is Hannah," she says. "And Jack Chance... it suits you." She looks at his hat then gives him a slightly tentative expression. "Back what you said in the tavern... you... your intentions aren't...?" She stammers a bit, awkward as she tries to word the question properly. (Hannah isn't afraid anymore, but she's nervous. A slight part in the back of her mind tells her something is wrong, but everything else is ignoring it. For now, she's just making certain that Roland won't try and act on trying to get her to be more than just talking company. It seems that before you cast Charm on her, she was terrified that you might be the sort to force her to come into the room with you - hence why she wanted Karton to lead you in here earlier. It seems that since she got this job, things have been getting scarier and scarier for her. You, with your Charm Person, are one of the first men she's trusted in a while.)
Hannah:
Hannah changed name to DM
DM:
Maelari:
DM:

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 am by Kate Orchix

DM:
Maelari:
Roland smiles and tilts his head listening to her try to finish her words- "To bed you? Any man would be lucky for that, but no. I'm not going to force anything on you, you don't want.. But I am curious Hannah why you think Jack Chance is a suiting name? Is it my charm, or just the hat?" -he says quickly trying to throw the subject to a much more peaceful one. Then he lays reaches up to stroke his chin again, quickly shaving and trimming it to look even. ( Prestidigitation ) And shakes his hand off to the side.
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kagome rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Maelari: (Figures)
Maelari: (14 and... I think 17 or 18)
Kagome: (Yeah, 18)
DM: Maelari and Kagome, you can both hear Cara making a bit of noise as if he's fumbling about or loosing balance. If you were to open your eyes, you'd see that Cara found a small mirror in the dresser's top drawer and is trying to position it so he can examine some of the recent bruising on his back. He's having a difficult time.
Kagome: <...you wanted to know if I was gonna perv on him. -.->
DM: Hannah blushes when Roland finishes her sentence but seems to be put at ease by his words. She sits down on the edge of the desk next to the tray, her hands gently clasped in her lap. "Probably the hat, your manner... your charm, I guess is a good word." She smiles softly, then swings her feet over the edge of the desk. "Why did you want to talk to me, then?"
DM: <... xD no! Just... it's the only thing to listen to... or the gnoll's soft snuffling snores.>
Kagome:
DM:
Roland starts cutting a larger slice into to two smaller ones and taking bites out of it. His eyes closes for a moment to savor the hot flavorful meal, something he hasn't had in some great time- "Talk to you then? Is it so much to have a bite to eat, and pretty face to talk to. It's just been awhile since I"ve had good company.. SO tell me about yourself Hannah, what are you doing here? You don't look like the type to be serving drinks to drunken fools.."
Roland: < Vex is never too tired for naked men, who are you!?>
DM:
Roland: < Also fyi Prestidigitation one of the best spell in the game, though alot people don't know it>
Kagome:
Roland: < What!? Kate is not looking at the nakedity?! Who ARE YOU then?!>
Roland: < I don't know ether of you anymore!>
DM: < I know this character too well. It's worn off. >
Kagome twitches her ears, hearing movement in the room. Without opening her eyes, she can tell that it's Cara. "Hey, you okay up there?"
Kagome: (Yup)
Roland:
DM: Hannah weaves her fingers together. "Well... no. I'm a singer actually... or I was starting to be one. I got into debt when my parents died, owed Karton a lot so he told me if I worked for him for three years, he'd let me off the debt. I'm two years in, so one more to go..." She trails off. If you're still reading her mind, her thoughts instantly go to the other debts her parents left unpaid - debts to wrong people.
DM:
Kagome: (Cara - "A TALKING WOLF, OMG RUN")
DM: Cara glances over at Maelari, then sighs and lowers the mirror. "I'm trying to check and see if the damage was only fists - that none of them pulled a blade on me in the middle of that fight." He gives up, placing the mirror on top of the dresser. "Perhaps you could just give my back a quick glance over? Tell me if there's any blood anywhere?" He lifts his arms a bit, turning his back to her.
Roland keeps chewing for a moment feeling something tug at his heart for a brief moment- "Really a singer.. Think you could sing me something?" -he pause taking another bite and chewing it for a long moment to wait to hear her-
Maelari: (Does he have any?)
DM: (Nope)
Maelari opens her eyes and sits up, gently sliding her arms out from under the gnoll so she doesn't wake it, then stands and crosses to Cara, slowly and lightly running her fingers straight down his back to feel for any knots or cuts. "I don't feel any cuts, and there's no blood. Quite a few scars though. You like to fight?"
DM: Hannah goes shy, looking at the floor. For a moment, she hesitates before giving in with a soft sigh. She starts off softly in elven, the words soft but melodious. Soon, she starts to pick up her courage and before long, you realize her voice is quite developed. She must sing a lot when she's not in the tavern. You're not certain what she's singing about, but whatever it is, she seems to feel strongly about. Soon, she starts lowering the volume of her voice before slowly stopping. She blushes.
DM: Cara glances over his shoulder at her. "Not really... wouldn't have been my chosen path if I had my way." He nods his thanks and picks up his shirt before pulling it back on, leaving the armor off. He leans against the wall while he tugs his boots off. "Thank you for checking."
Kagome shrugs and slides down onto the mattress again. "Think nothing of it. The heaviest burdens aren't always physical, aye?"
Kagome: (Yup, again)
Kagome: ("A WOLF CHECKED MY WOUNDS, OMG RUN")
Roland gives a standing ovation clapping softly- "Seems angelic almost.." -he pauses and finishes his meal sliding the plate away before looking back up into her blue eyes and weaving his hands together- "So, what would you do if I could get rid of this last year of dept, would you want that? Free of cost, I'm sure it would help ya.. No questions asked. Cause I am a very influential person, though I don't like to brag about it." -he takes a stance ready to hear what she thinks about the matter
Roland "It's the least I could do really
Roland: ( >,< ignore that last part hit enter )
DM: Cara watches her for a moment, trying to understand, then softly shrugs before neatly placing his boots together next to the leather armor. He pulls the large pickaxe from his belt and lays it down on top of the armor. "I suppose not. Pain is only in the mind."
Roland: < Vex get Cara to do something funny, I need a quick laugh>
DM: Hannah seems a little confused, but hopeful. She bites her lip in thought before replying. "I... you would do that? But... I... I would appreciate it! But I don't think anyone could convince Karton... he's so stubborn and with no gold now, I don't know how you'd manage to get him to do that. Favors will soon be the only currency until we get the gold back somehow... But if you can, I... I would be in your debt. OH gosh, I shouldn't say that... I'm trying to get out of debt, but... you know what I mean!"
Maelari: <...I have no idea how to do that.>
DM: < http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/20... Be creative, Maelari! >
Maelari:
Roland holds a hand out and sits back down for just a moment a and starts dealing cards out in a random order, and flipping over two of hearts, then a Jack of spades, and finally a Queen of diamonds and stops. Starting down at the table nodding like he was agreeing with something and starts heading for the door- "Seems lucks on your side tonight, the Queen of diamond shows me that you'll be a wealthy women soon.. Just stay here for now, I'll be up shortly.." -and with that Roland leaves the room and heads down to see Karton
Roland: < SORRY VEX I feel chatty and so I must RP EVERYTHING>
Maelari:
DM: < Cara's still up for chatting! >
Roland: < xD MLP I love Derpy hooves>
DM: < I'm not a big MLP fan, but I can appreciate some of the jokes. xD >
Maelari:
DM
Hannah, concerned but excited, stays in the room. She starts nibbling on her nails as the time goes by.
Karton is behind the counter, glaring beneath the counter at something as Roland approaches. He glances up and frowns. "I have a feeling you took your dagger back while I wasn't looking. Mind if I have it back?" he demands.

DM: < Nervous glance! >
Maelari yawns softly. "It can be. Pain comes in many forms." She gives him a quick once-over, sizing him up. "And from the looks of things, you can take it as easily as you give it out. If you like it rough, I can deliver..."
Maelari:
DM: < *blink blink* >
Roland whispers something under his breath while tapping the counter- "Karton, I know this is very strange and blunt.. But Me and Hannah are old friends actually, and I was wondering if I could talk to you into letting her depts go. We both know her parents death was horrible and left the poor girls stricken with grief, last thing we need to stifle her talent too, don't you agree? She's been here for two years, I think that's enough for to pay you back."
Kagome joined the chat
Roland: < Hypnotism>
Roland: ( Hypnotism Will save is 20 but he is at a -2 to the check for being single targeted)
Roland rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 3
Roland rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 2
Kagome perks up her ears, hearing Maelari, and rolls over to whack her for being so dirty.
Roland: (Also it only works if he is level 5 or under)
DM: Cara blinks at Maelari for a moment, the first emotion other than a smile playing over his face. Surprise covers his features and he doesn't respond for a long moment, then coughs and looks away. He glances down and starts to grin. "I... believe maybe you should just get some sleep, Maelari. You're tired." He moves over to the bed and slides under the covers, blowing out the lantern next to the bed. He's quiet for a long time then abruptly sits up. "You're fourteen! Or... close enough." There is an awkward moment of silence before he lies back down and rolls over.
DM: (Lemme check)
DM: (He's Level 4. I'll do a roll.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
DM: (Miiiissss)
Roland: < http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Hypnotism>
Roland: < http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comm...>
Kagome:
DM: Karton stares dumbly at Roland with a blank stare before nodding and waving his hand. "Oh, yeah, sure, sure... yeah, that's okay. But I still want that dagger back."
Roland: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5jcr7...>
Maelari:



Roland glances around with a smile and fishes out another dagger- "I never did take it, but here's another one.. Thanks for seeing it my way pal.. Oh also could you write off her dept on paper so I could give it to her?"
Roland: (Spot check to see if anyone stole the dagger?)
Maelari glares at Kagome. "You shut up, you don't even know what I was talking about..." Rubbing at her cheek for a moment, she settles down next to the gnoll once more and closes her eyes, ready for sleep.
Roland: < And I swear if Hannah is about to stab me, I should have known it with Detect Thoughts xD>
DM: Karton takes the dagger and puts it in his belt before searching about. "Ehh, paper paper... here." He takes out some paper and a inkwell with quill. He scratches out some words in Elvish and hands over the paper. "That's good enough."
Roland:
Roland heads back up to room and show off his amazing work!
DM:
Maelari:
DM: Hannah, at seeing the note, takes it and reads it over and over, not believing it. Suddenly, she stuffs the letter in her apron pocket and throws her arms about Roland, giving him a huge hug and a big kiss on the check. "Thank you so much, Jack! How on the material plane did you manage to get him to give in so quickly!?"
Roland heads back up to his room with a grin about him as he holds the paper out to Hannah, and walks pass her a bit to pick up his cards- "And there ya go.. simple and clean.. And your off for the rest of the night, now what are you going to do, go home?"
Roland: < xD Shit lol>
DM: (Mine after yours, hehe!)
Roland: < I start writing for when I walk in oh well>
Roland chuckles pushing his hat back down to keep it secured, and looks off to the side a bit- "I didn't do nothing really, he just needed someone to explain to him how hard you work for him, and how one should never stifle a talent like yours."
DM: Cara suddenly rolls back over and looks at Maelari. He's quiet for a bit, then shuffles over the blankets and sits on the edge of the bed. "Were you serious?" he asks. "Or did I read your invitation... wrong?"
Roland: < See Roland can be nice, kinda.. maybe >
Roland:
DM: Hannah, overjoyed, gives him another hug before pulling away to read over the note again. "Unbelievable!" she whispers excitedly. Suddenly, she looks up at him and pauses. "I... wow. I don't know what to say!"
Maelari looks up at him with a smirk. "Maybe I was. Or maybe I meant that I need someone for target practice." Grinning to herself, she rolls over. "You decide. See you in the morning."
DM:
DM: Cara is quiet in the dark for a while, then sighs and gets back under the covers. "Goodnight," he mumbles, rolling over in an attempt to get comfortable. Judging by his breathing and occasional shifting, he has trouble sleeping.
DM:
Maelari:
Roland pops open the wine and pours too goblets and moves behind Hannah slowly handing her a drink- "Easy.. You say thank you, and start celebrating.. Plus now that your off work you can stay here and chat with me all night.." -he says moving back to his seat on the bed, and undoes the knot holding her apron with Magehand. Though to her it would have just came undone maybe?
Roland: < Time for that Cha vrs Cha check? And flash to the morning?>
DM
Hannah turns, her apron loosely hanging about her neck. She holds one of it's strings before taking it off and folding it. She places it on the desk and accepts the goblet of wine with a wide, beaming smile, her eyes twinkling excitedly and happily. If you're still using your detect thoughts, you can only make out this exicted 'Yay! YAY! YAY!!! What am I going to do? There's so much to do! WHAT CAN I SAY!? YAY!' - a bit like a track on repeat. She stands in the middle of the room, just grinning stupidly with her goblet held in both hands.
"Thank you so much... I... Thank you!" She sits abruptly on the floor, tears popping to her eyes but her huge grin still remaining, so you know she's not going to start blubbering like a baby.
DM: (Flash to the morning)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Roland: (20!)
DM: (18)
Maelari joined the chat
DM: (I guess she really liked you then. xD)
DM: (RIGHT! Waking up time!)
Roland: < You get READY ELMROCK Roland is here to steall all your women and all your loot and kill wizards and elfs!>
DM: < Don't really wanna play Hannah after that, so you have free reign with her if you wanna describe waking up or whatever. Otherwise, she can totally ditch you. xD >
Maelari:
DM: Cara is up and dressed, standing at the wash basin again as he's washing his face. He's wearing his armor, boots, and his pickaxe is in his belt again. The baby gnoll escaped from Maelari's arm and is sitting at Cara's feet, catching the occasional drop of water that falls from Cara's hands or face as he washes.
DM: < Yup... it's even still a little against what she'd normally do, but maybe she lost her mind for a few brief moments. She'll regret it later seeing as there was no future in it. Poor Hannah... *laments* >
Roland would awake to the fruits of his work and Hannah already gone as she disappeared later after that eventful night. He do his morning stretches and finish what little wine was left, and start putting on his boots and hat last as he walks out yawning waiting to see the others.
Roland: < Hey there is no need to go hating Roland for the things he does, she knew what was up plus I just got her a year of life back, seem like a fair trade to me! >
Roland:
DM
Crow and Merta are out in the tavern eating breakfast, Merta looking very hungover and tired. Crow glances up as Roland appears and yells out: "HELLO, GOOD MORNING!" Merta instantly groans and covers her ears. Crow just grins and keeps talking very loudly. "MERTA IS HUNGOVER RIGHT NOW!"
Merta practically whimpers. "Please... inside voice, Crow... please!"
DM:
DM:
Maelari yawns and sits up with a stretch, looking around for the gnoll after she notices it's disappeared. "Oh, there you are... She reaches over and pets the gnoll lightly before patting Kagome to wake up, then scooping the little gnoll up and cradling it until Kagome's on her feet. Once she's ready to go, she sets the gnoll on Kagome's back and heads to the main area of the tavern. "Morning, morning~"
DM: Cara makes sure he has everything with him - tucking the mirror into his armor when he reckons Maelari isn't watching - and follows Mae. The little gnoll holds Kagome's fur and bounces slightly, enjoying the ride, it's little tail wagging behind it.
Roland looks back and forth with his pockets in hand and stares whistling a bit- "So.. you all ready for traveling to Elmkeep? And I thought she would be, you tackled me practically last night heh.."
DM
"I did?" Merta groans, rubbing at her head. "Sorry Crow... you didn't tell me I did THAT..."
"No... it was more the other stuff you did. Like trying to dress up in the sheets and make yourself a mummy, trying to use the wash basin as a hat, deciding you needed to open a window and trying to kick a hole in the wall because there were no windows..."
"Please, Crow..."
Roland: ( She sounds like a amazing party person!)
DM: ( She has good constitution. >.> )
Maelari nods, her hips still moving to her own rhythm. "Yup, all set and refreshed for the day~ Where are we going?"
Maelari:
Roland thinks to himself then looks to Cara- "I'm not sure which way is to the keep I thought Cara might know?" -he then turns to crow and Merta and grins- "Yup, you felt the need to play hide-and-seek with me last night, before Crow tugged you off."
DM: Cara motions vaguely over his shoulder. "North, the bartender told me. Near the sea... We're heading there?"
DM: < Gosh... been wondering why my shoulders were so sore so changed my shirt... turned out my shoulders were too broad. >.< >
Roland: < So the shirt was too small for your shoulders? >
DM: < Ya. >
Roland nods and moves toward the door- "That's where I'm heading, like i said your all welcome to follow if you can pull your weight.." -moves outside!
DM: < ... Oh, I promised a fight... >
Roland: < Strange your shoulder must be pretty broad then, I've never heard of that happening before >
Maelari follows him out happily, swinging her hips playfully with each step, her glaive clicking softly on her back. "Adventure, adventure~"
DM: < Don't have that problem often. Usually it's my ribs that kill my shirts... >
Roland: < I can touch the backside of my ribs! >
DM: Cara is a little distracted by Maelari's playful movements, still thinking about what she said last night and trying to figure it out. The baby gnoll starts to get worried as they move outside, whimpering and whining.
Maelari stops, hearing the little gnoll upset, and turns around to look at him. "Remy, sweetie? Is something wrong?"
Maelari: (Listen)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Maelari: (Perfection for Kagome, 21 for Mae)
DM: You can hear husky breathing off in the bushes near the path outside the tavern. A big beast, you assume.
DM:
Roland: < You were apart?>
DM: < Apparently! >
DM: < All right, I'm together! COMMENCE! >
DM: Crow and Merta quickly finish their breakfast and move out the door after the others.
Maelari stands up, hearing something nearby. "...aha, so early in the morning?" Reaching to her back, she gives her glaive a sharp twist to unhook it, holding onto the handle but not drawing it just yet. "At arms, if you please... Someone's come to visit."
Roland:
Maelari:
Roland is relaxed and leaning against the building as Crow and Merta come out. Titling his hat to block out the sunlight he hears Maelari and gives a questionable look- "Someone's come to visit, you mean those miners are back to finish old Caratacos off? Or there are customers on there way?"
Roland "Cause I'm not much of a fighter, more a lover, or gambler kind.."
DM: Cara makes no move to take his pick from it's place on his belt, knowing that his fists can easily unleash as much damage as the weapon can. Merta warily draws her longsword, and Crow readies Flaming Sphere. Crow appears to be the more reasonable of the three, agreeing with Roland. "True, your little gnoll there could just be hungry..."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Maelari shakes her head, but just barely. "Nah, this is a beast. Humans, horrid though they may be, don't breath like this one does. No need to lose any love on this one." She glances back at Crow. "I think it's safe to say I've been out in the wild a bit more than you, dear hume. I believe I know the difference between hunger and bloodlust~"
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 5
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 2
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 3
DM: (20...)
DM: Crow was wrong. A sudden yell of fury is thrown up into the air, the bushes trampled as a massive blur of fur and horns races forward. Crow was not prepared at all. The beast's large horns catch him in the mid-section, goring through his body before he is tossed over the creature's shoulder to lie crumpled on the ground. Merta cries out in worry and pain for her husband. A massive 7-foot-tall minotaur stands before you all, it's chestnut fur shining in the sunlight and it's wise nostrils snorting angrily. (Crow is at -3hp)
DM:
DM:
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Roland: (9)
DM: (Cara is 10, Merta is 17)
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Roland:
DM: < Ehh, it does have a purpose for being here. But yes, very random. >
Maelari nods. "As I said... Kagome dear, would you stay back for me so the little one doesn't get hurt?"
Kagome joined the chat
Kagome nods and scurries a safe distance away, so there would be plenty of time to dodge if the bull did break the line.
DM: (Maelari, Merta, Cara, Roland)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: (Maelari, Merta, Minotaur, Cara, Roland.)
DM: (... I love how that's in alphabetical order)
DM: (... the M's, that is.)
Maelari:
Roland: < Nerd!>
Roland: < heh>
DM: < Hehe! >
DM: The little gnoll sits up straight, it's golden eyes bulging as it watches the huge minotaur.
DM: (If nobody heals Crow, at the end of each round - everytime Roland finishes an action - I have to do a percentage check to see if he becomes stable.)
Maelari grins. "A nice way to stretch for the day~" She sinks low for a moment, then runs at the minotaur herself. As she approaches, she makes a two-footed jump to gain some air, gripping the glaive with both hand, ready to bring it down in a sharp cleave...
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Maelari: (Remind me what the hit mod is?)
Roland: (xD BA + str mod)
Maelari: (If Base Attack = Base on the character chart, then 19)
DM: (Hit)
Maelari rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 6
Maelari: (11)
Roland: (whats your str mod?)
Maelari: (None)
Roland: (Then.. how is it 11?)
Maelari:
Maelari: < http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Maela... >
DM: Merta doesn't even move for the minotaur. She skirts around it and heads straight to her husband, kneeling by his side but keeping her sword handy as she tries to stop him from bleeding out. (Heal check)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Roland: (Ya +5 to Hit, the damage is still just dice)
Maelari:
DM: (Yesss! Merta successfully stops Crow from losing further hit points.)
Maelari:
Maelari:
Roland: < Ya it is, but that's to just Hit not damage>
Maelari:
Roland: < YOU GOT GILLS?>
Maelari:
DM: The Minotaur lowers it's horns and attempts to skewer Maelari.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Maelari drops the glaive in a wide sweep across the minotaur's chest, creating a nice gash on it. "Hmm, only grazed it~ No matter, we'll try again later~"
DM: (What's your AC?)
Maelari: (17)
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: (Take 10 dam)
DM: The minotaur catches Maelari in the gut with it's horns, managing to gouge into her belly a bit.
Maelari grunts heavily as the bull charges her, creating a sizeable wound in her stomach. It doesn't seem to register as pain - she actually smiles a bit before looking behind her. "Ooh, playful~ One of you want to get this thing off me?~"
Roland sighs heavily as he flicks his hat up and snaps his fingers as a card seems to slides out of his sleeve and drop inbetween his two fingers, and start to glow faintly- "Hot damn, the elf was right!" -he says taking a step forward (Casting Mage Armor, end turn) AC 21 now )
Roland:
DM: Cara moves in, both fists moving to smack into the Minotaur's own gut.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Roland:
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM: (6 dam)
DM: < His fists are better than his weapon provided he hits both times... xD >
Roland:
DM: (Back to you, Mae)
Maelari sighs as she feels the magic flowing into her, like her body is becoming more solid while remaining flexible. "Ahh..."
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Maelari: (16)
DM: (hit)
Maelari rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 9
DM: (No mod?)
Maelari: (I think we covered that last round xD)
DM: (Oh, right. xD)
Roland:
DM: < Merta's more manly! >
DM: Merta, having seen to it that Crow will be okay, charges at the Minotaur from behind with her longsword (+2 to hit now that he's flanked) and swings at it's shoulders.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: She's not tall enough.
DM:
Maelari looks upwards and raises her glaive arm high, turning the glaive upside down so the blade it pointing straight down, then grips it just above the blade with both hands. With a sigh that seems to echo just slightly, she drives the glave down in front of her, lodging it in the minotaur's back. "That feels so much better, don't you think, Mr. Bull Man?"
Maelari:
Roland:
DM: (Everyone has +2 to hit now with Merta behind the Minotaur)
Maelari:
DM: Cara again aims for the Minotaur's gut, knowing he can drive the most powerful punches at a good height.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 1
DM rolled a die. The die showed: 6
DM: (17 dam, pow)
DM: (Wait...)
DM: (Yup, 17)
DM: (I'm just gonna triple check that...)
DM: (Yup, 17.)
DM: The minotaur, angry with all these annoying things prodding and poking him, turns and smashes his horns into Cara.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Roland:
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 4
DM: Cara doesn't even respond to the impact as a hole is ripped open in his shoulder.
DM: (I just muddled up Cara and the Minotaur's turns. Sorry... Roland's turn)
DM: (it is right, I THINK...)
Roland hates watching the women taking the blunt of the damage and thinks it's about time he added to this melee. Drawing up the card in hand and charging it as it starts to crackle he flings the bladed card for the bulls chest. (ranged touch attack, is he wearing any metal also?)
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
DM: (No metal)
DM: (You hit)
Roland: (20 to hit his normal AC?)
DM: (Yup)
DM: (Hit)
Roland rolled a die with 2 sides. The die showed: 1
Roland:
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 6
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 1
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 4
DM: < *blinks* >
Roland: (18 lighting damage)
DM: (Woah, okay. Not dead, but might as well detail that)
Roland: (You can detail that if you don't mind)
Roland:
Roland:
DM: The minotaur is surprised and a little confused as Roland throws the bladed card into his chest... then feels the affects, his body shaking violently and causing him to yell in pain. He growls, his body starting to steam before the shaking stops.
DM: (Mae!)
Roland:
Maelari looks at the creature almost gently. "You seem to be in pain..."
Maelari rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Maelari: (another 16)
DM: (Hit)
Maelari rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 10
Maelari: (Just gets better and better xD)
DM: (owww)
Maelari: (Please tell me it's dead)
Roland: (Good thing it's all shocky and stuff)
DM: (Sorry, not dead yet...)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Maelari turns to the side, curling her body like she's getting ready to throw a discus, holding the glaive tightly. "Hold still for me, we're trying to end this as quickly as possible~" Releasing the tension all at once, she swings her arms powerfully in a great upward cleave, leaving a long slash in the minotaur's chest.
DM rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 7
DM
Merta, frustrated she hasn't managed to get a hit in on the creature that hurt her husband so badly, decides that this had better be the last strike any of them have to make on the beast. While the others are keeping the minotaur busy, she sidles up close to the minotaur, her blade searching for its heart. As soon as Maelari makes the slash over the minotaur's chest, Merta drives the blade in deep. The minotaur screams as the longsword rips through the other side, steel clashing against steel as the longsword meets the glaive. Merta's victory, however, is shortlived... she can't get the longsword out of the beast, and...
The minotaur falls over backwards, effectively pinning poor Merta beneath it's smelly, bloody body. "Crap!" she squeaks.
Roland can't help but chuckle a little bit as he tips his hat back down and moves over to recover his single playing card out of the creatures chest.- "Well that was eventful and rather random.. Oh Merta you alright under there?" - he says moving to side ready to help move the big thing as he waves Caratacos over to help- "Give me a hand..would ya?"
DM: The baby gnoll climbs off Kagome and scampers over to the minotaur. Remy appears to have been pumped watching the battle, looking especially interested whenever someone yelled in pain - Cara was a big disappointment. Remy crouches on all-fours beside the minotaur, almost uncertainly before leaping on it's body and starting to lap at the fresh blood on the creature's chest. Cara picks Remy up by the scruff and hands him to Maelari before helping Roland heave the minotaur off Merta. She instantly scrambles back over to Crow and gently brushes his hair out of his face.
Maelari looks at the minotaur body, then up to the sky with a soft sigh. "Ahh... Thank you, great Obad-Hai, for gracing me with a warm-up for the day~" Giving the glaive a quick swing to dislodge any remaining blood, she presses it to her back, reaching up with her free hand to secure the glaive before taking Remy. "You can have minotaur meat in a minute sweetie, just let them push it off of Merta first~"
Roland rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Roland:
Roland:
DM:
Maelari:
DM: (That thing had 80 hp.)
Maelari:
DM
Cara glances down at his shoulder wound, more fascinated than actually pained by it despite how horribly messy it looks. He moves to Maelari, motioning at her belly wound. "Will you be all right?" he asks.
Merta gently cradles Crow in her arms, waiting for him to wake up as she gently strokes his hair. He's stable, but looks a bit worse-for-wear, his skin paler than usual and sweat on his brow. "Silly Crow," she tells him. "This is why I always go first!"
DM: (I have to love how Merta has 30 more hp than Crow... odd couple.)
Maelari waves a hand at him. "I've been a ranger for many years now. I know how to deal with blows like this. I only have enough magic for one spell right now, so you understand that I'd rather not use any magic this early in the day if possible. You know where we can get some potions, or a healer?"
DM: Cara shakes his head. "Haven't looked for a healer yet... I reckon your friend there, 'Crow' knows a thing or two, but I reckon he should be using that all on himself at this stage." He moves to the minotaur's body and starts shifting the creature's fur about, especially around the waist area. "Belt, like I thought," he says, digging about a bit before pulling a dagger free from the minotaur's fur. He tucks it in his own belt before returning to digging in the fur. He gets a slightly triumphant expression before pulling a small vial free. "Mm-hm... here, you can read Common," he says to Maelari. "If it's a health potion, it's yours." He places it in her hands. (It is a health potion)
DM: (Add 2d8 hp to current hp)
Maelari takes it and looks down at the label. "Yeah, it's a health potion. He just grazed me though, I'll be fine once I start walking. We should let Crow have it instead so he's conscious to tell us where we can find more." She steps over behind Merta, lightly dropping it onto Merta's head so it bounces down onto Crow's chest.
DM
Merta rubs her head before picking up the potion and looking at the label. She offers it back to Merta. "He'll heal himself once he wakes up. He may not look like much, but he knows what he's doing." She smiles, still cradling Crow in her arms.
Remy is gnawing on the minotaur's chest, it's face getting all bloody as it tries to tear open the wound Maelari made a bit further with it's little teeth.
Maelari "Hmm, okay then." She pops the cork and downs the potion in one shot.
Maelari rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 5
Maelari rolled a die with 8 sides. The die showed: 1
Maelari: (6hp, 32 total)
DM: (nice)
Roland is quiet watching everyone and happy to see that no one noticed that he did anything.- "Cara it's kinda odd for a creature like that to hold a dagger, don't ya think?" -he says moving over to get a better look of the Minotaur (inspects the dagger, is it the Gnoll dagger I traded?)
DM: Cara pauses to make sure his wound isn't bleeding any, stretches his shoulder a few times, then glances at Roland. "Every creature picks up knickknacks, even ones they can't use efficiently like the dagger." He takes it from his belt, looking up and down the length. It is not a gnoll dagger, rather nicely made and untarnished.
Maelari licks her lips as the worst of the wound heals up rapidly, leaving a small patch of torn flesh, like a long scratch. "Mmm, not bad~" She hears Remy snuffling around on the minotaur and unhooks her glaive again. "Here baby, lemme get that for you~" Holding the edge of the glaive carefully, she uses it like a knife, cutting deeper into the minotaur's chest and carving out a nice hunk of meat, holding out for the little gnoll before looking up. "Here's a question then - what was it doing around here anyways?"
Roland: (Side note I hate this auto HP thingy.. I have 19 Hp.. at level 5)
DM: (If you wanna reroll, go for it)
Maelari: (Squishy mage is squishy!)
DM: (Crow has 17 at level 5)
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 2
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 3
Roland rolled a die. The die showed: 4
Roland: (24 HP)
Roland: (Much better)
DM: Merta is quiet for a bit, then looks up at the others. "Y'know what? Maybe Crow and I should stay at the tavern for a while. If we meet again, well... I guess we meet again! He'll need time to sleep and rest up, then heal himself, and blah blah... maybe we'll find you lot in Elmrock Keep if you don't get sidetracked." She gently smiles and slides her arms beneath her husband, lifting him up like a baby in her arms. She has a little trouble standing, but once she's up, she's fine. "Until next time?"
DM: Remy rips into the meat with renewed vigor.
Roland waves lightly a little surprised but can't really stop her and just moves out of her way- "Umm.. alright, hope no more of these things are out there or we might be seeing you back at the tavern too."
Maelari stands back up. "Well, if you're going to stick around, I hope Crow gets better soon. Two casters is always better than one. See you at the Keep later~"
DM
"All right, bye!" Merta adjusts Crow's position as she walks back into the tavern.
"Odd couple," is all Cara says. He puts the dagger back in his belt and claps his hands lightly together as if waiting to move on.
Roland starts looking for a path north! Is there a visible road or track or we just walking blindly in the direction I think is north?
Maelari: (Is he going the right way, or is it a different direction?)
DM: (Aw, we'll just go with Roland blundering wildly through the wilderness! Sounds more fun!)
Maelari: (Oh boy...)
Maelari opens her mouth to correct him before he goes marching off, then decides against it and closes her mouth again, keeping her glaive handy.
Roland starts breaking branches and looking about randomly and slowly stops before turning around the rest of the group- "Hey Cara you have anyidea which way is to Elmrock keep? I'm not that great with directions in forests?"
DM: Cara grabs up Remy by the scruff, the little gnoll growling and possessively clinging to it's piece of minotaur meat. The large human places Remy rather... delicately on Kagome's back as he passes the dog. The little gnoll grips with it's feet and keeps nibbling on the chunk of meat. "Asking the elven beauty here would be a great idea," Cara says, eyes glancing to Maelari.
Maelari: (Elmrock is north of here?)
Roland:
DM: (Yup)
Roland: < I am not working for 32 hour shift..>
DM:
Roland:
Roland:
DM: DM: ... >
Roland:
DM: <... I DID! Until that ? snuck in! >
Roland:
DM:
Roland:
DM:
Roland: < wait.. you both say Loo?!>
Roland:
DM: < I thought you just said United States...>
DM: < Who's posting? >
Roland: TTYL REPLACEMENT IS HERE
DM: Aww, bye
Maelari:
DM:
Maelari:
DM:


Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 11 (Kyle’s Dream)(4th November 2012)

Kyle eyes stranded to focus in on the last arrow he shot and pegged into the straw target. As he tried to mental make the exact shot again, hoping to split the same arrow in half to prove to himself he could do it. He heard stories for years about the champions from Chessmark able to peg a flying drake in teh heart a mile away, and he dreamed of reaching that point, no surpassing that point. His lungs would fill up with the cool midnight air as he notched another arrow and take aim on the small spec forty-yards away from him.- "Come on, you got this.. See the shot.. and breath out.. and release...pffff~. He say to himself as the arrow quickly found itself straying off to the side missing.- "By God's this is impossible, those stories have to be fake.. No one could make this shot.." -He cursed stomping over to gather his things and head back to the keep ready to finally go to bed.
Kyle: (trying to FORCE myself into writing, sadly I don't think it's working)
DreamMaster: (You seem to be doing fine)
DreamMaster: (So... ready?)
Kyle: (About as ready as I'm going to be)
DreamMaster: Kyle, as you start to drift off to sleep, you find... you are standing in the dwarf's hut where you first met Siara. The room appears to be bare, but a dog's skull is sitting on the windowsill. You are barefoot and have no weapons. Outside, it is dark and the only light comes from the moon. Nobody is with you.
Kyle: < I can't help but see that as a cheesy place for Kyle to teach Angel how to shoot a bow xD >
DreamMaster: < She will appear soon. She might not be... herself, however.>
Kyle rubs his chin and lazily glances around like everything was normal.- "Huh, wonder where the Dwarf went.. I thought he still be here.. Oh well.. I'm sure he'll show.." -he says moving to the window and glance outside, then stopping to look around the room one more time to see if he was truly alone. When it looks safe he would grab the skull and peer into it's empty eye sockets wondering if the dwarf story was true.
DreamMaster: The skull's jaw creaks open and a soft, red glow fills the interior of it's skull, lighting up it's eyes. In a husky, feminine voice, it greets you. "Hello Kyle. 'Bout time."
DreamMaster:
Kyle arms would shoot outward tossing the skull across the room as he grasp at his chest- "Holy nets, you scared me! Who's is it, and why are you in this house?!"
Kyle: < Pff at this point we are wasting time and entertaining outselfs>
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster: The skull appears to catch itself, hovering in air. It moves up to eye-level and tilts itself slightly. You can imagine if it had flesh, it would be smiling at you right now. "I am Hrognar's Mishka. You met him last time you were here... We killed the creature that turned into a rabbit when it died..." The skull floats past you as if to glance out the window. "You're looking for someone. I'm here to... help, you might say."
DreamMaster:
Kyle takes a tenderly step backward looking at the ground for a moment as he scratches his head hoping to remember something that isn't there before returning his gaze back to the skull- "I think you may have me mistaken Hognar.. I don't ever remember meeting you, I do remember the story though with the rabbit. But if your here to help, what are you here to help me with? I haven't even told you I needed help!"
Kyle: < You always feel like roleplaying! >
DreamMaster: < I do! Even when I'm super tired! xD >
DreamMaster: "Mishka... I am Hrognar's Mishka. You met him. He was the dwarf that cut his arm off, a powerful cleric." The skull tilts again. "I was the weapon he used to kill the rabbit-creature... Malakhi's creature. Now don't tell me you don't remember that name! No? Well, he's that fellow you're looking for. How do I know? I'm clever. Even without a brain. Ha!"
Kyle:
DreamMaster: < I reckon you forget them too. Who's Malakhi?>
Kyle: < I have no idea, I think the evil bad guy we're trying to find >
DreamMaster: < Yay! Points!>
Kyle shakes his head then points at the skull then back to his own head- "Ahh see what you did there, a pun a play on words.. Never been the witty kind myself. So if that creature was Malakhi's why did it kill you, did you own something or were you in the wrong place at the wrong time Mr. Mishka?" -he says moving around the room looking for some form of magical string or something to explain this skull
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Siara joined the chat
Siara:
DreamMaster: "Ms.," the skull says. It is quiet for a moment, then zooms over to the door. "Kill me? It never killed me! I killed it! I have been out of my true form for over thirty years now! I was a very nice dog once! A good dog... Malakhi, now him... heh heh... he's an interesting one. Never met him. Only heard of him."
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: <... internet problems, I'm guessing, seeing as he disappeared again...>
DreamMaster: The skull hovers above the door for a moment, then tilts again. "How about we go outside? Clear your head? You aren't thinking straight. How does one kill a skull? Ridiculous, Duke... absolutely ridiculous."
Kyle: ,< >
DreamMaster: < The same round twice? That's strange... Forward or back an hour?>
Kyle: < Ya cause the time goes back a hour at 2 am, so I did my 1 aclock round, then a hour later did my 1 aclock round make sense?>
DreamMaster: < Ah yup... strange, all right. >
Kyle goes to interrupt her but stops once he hears her suggesting to go outside; it did seem like a nice night out for sure. Calmly walking to the door he would clasp his hand around the cold iron nob, and rotate it till it open and hold the door- "Ladies first.." -he said moving behind the floating skull ready for anything
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: The floating skull bops in the air, almost as if doing a curtsey. It floats outside into the crisp night air - unlike the last time you were at the hut, the forest doesn't seem so terribly spooky. You can hear the nightbirds calling, the chatter of insects, and the scent of dew is on the air.
Kyle slams the doors hut door shut, making sure to hear it latch, then moves out to the same tree he checked last time for mold- "Well there we go, finally outside. Now you may want to start talking more Ms, I need to know everything about this fiend so I can save the kingdom and off course get the princess.. Cause then I can finally home.. So spit it out, I know you holding information Ms Mishka!" -he yells pointing at her with comical face
Kyle: < Now my arms hurt, I did 20 pushups.. ehh>
DreamMaster: < MOAR >
Kyle: < I'll do MOAR if you match my first 20 >
DreamMaster: The tree still has moss on it in the same place as before. Mishka tilts again before zooming down close to his face. "Tindomerel, huh? Funny thing is, someone else is trying to 'get the princess', using this whole... problem to their advantage. You do understand the tiefling loves artful deception, do you not?" Mishka rests on a branch above Kyle's head. "And fiend... hah, hardly. Just a very confused fellow."
DreamMaster: < I can just say I did them. Mwhahaa.>
Kyle: < WHY COULD YOU LIE TO ME KATE!>
DreamMaster: < ... do I have to? >
Kyle: < Umm.. yush, yush you do>
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle cranes his neck backward trying to get as much room away from the floating skull as it races toward his face before floating up; Kyle face of course blowing off his own feelings- "Ya, ya like that could happen, and even if so.. It's not like I care, there are always more princess.." -he says smugly before snapping back up with a finger in the air- "Wait.. Her name is Tindomerel? Why hasn't no one told me that, and I don't think she's a tiefling her horns are gold, I'm pretty sure if my books are right that means she's part dragon.. I would know these things."
Kyle: < Ya, I just want to get back into some shape, I hate being small and I'm working out with a hulk later this week. I swear this guy is in such a good shape he was a stripper for a while. And for good reason, the can make any girl just swoon by flexing >
Kyle: < Heck he can here to hang for a bit once he heard I came back to Nashville and hopped on his hands and balenced himself and started doing upside down pushups with nothing to lean on... I hate and love this man>
DreamMaster
The skull looks down at Kyle, shuffling a bit on the branch. "She's a tiefling. She PAINTS the horns gold to make them less scary. They're really black and red! Hah, you don't believe me? Go spit on them next time you see her and rub until that paint comes off! Won't spit on a girl? Chicken! Or wait, was it rabbit...? RABBIT! HAHA! Big wussy rabbit! ... This doesn't sound right. I think it's chicken..."
"Duke?"
Angel is standing at the edge of the forest wearing her purple dress. Her hands are covered in blood and her face has a blood splatter on it, blood dripping gorishly from one of her gold horns - they appear longer and sharper than you remember. "Duke, who are you talking to?"
DreamMaster:
Kyle: < Very Vane but a good guy.. when he can think. What to see a picture? >
DreamMaster:
Kyle: < https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s... >
Kyle: < Too late>
Kyle: < I would kill for abs like that xD >
DreamMaster:
Kyle: < no just tans, and worksout >
Kyle:
DreamMaster: <*nods* He looks like a surfer though.>
DreamMaster: < One hour tops to reach the ocean anywhere in NZ. >
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
Kyle: < We have TONS of Tornadoes sadly.. they kill alot people >
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle places his hands on the back of his head leaning against the tree trunk looking at the skull as he argued which one of them was right.- "I'm telling you it was a chicken, and I ain't no.. What? Angel!" -he would say cutting himself off taking some cautious steps forward with his hands out- "ME I'm talking to no body, just arguing with the air.. Heh, so.. What are you doing here, all.. bloodily up? Just get finish cleaning a deer or moose I can hope?" -his voice coming off lightly trying to jump to anything
Kyle:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: Angel looks at him, almost as if she is confused. "No... I tried to stop him from leaving, but..." Her head dips. "I'm sorry. He just... he wasn't willing to hold on." Her hands tremble for a bit, then she wipes the blood off on her dress. "Duke... Kyle's dead." She looks at him, tears in her aqua eyes... or... no, you remember them that color, but they're orange now. Orange with gold flecks.
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle eyes move about looking for something to explain what might of happen as he steps closer trying to hush her- "What, no no,, shhh.. Let's just clean ya up, and we can fix this.." -kneeling down to use his shirt to try wiping her face of the blood. Then his eyes snap open when she claims Kyle is dead- "No, no, no tears I'm terrible with tears see Kyle can't be dead Angel look I'm right here.. Your just having a bad dream Angel." -he said grasping her shoulder trying to get her to look straight at him and see she was wrong
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster: Angel stares at him, then shakes her head, the blood dripping off her horn still. "You're not Kyle, Duke... did... how's your eye?" She gently reaches out to touch his face. "Still have the concussion? That thing hit you bad..." Suddenly, all vision in your right eye becomes milky and you start to notice a throbbing pain in your face. Angel gently moves her fingers over a sensitive spot on your temple. "Maybe you should get some rest... if you're claiming to be Kyle..."
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
Kyle: < It's full of fun animals and bugs here!>
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle: < I was attacked by a huge swarm of wasp as a child, kinda scared me. Now when I hear buzzing for flys anything I flip out and dart away for a second. Makes my heart skip a second. But I was young, and I think it was.. 20+ stings the doctor said?>
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: < Angel is seeing http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/1... this.>
Kyle stares back confused making sure to keep his low to avoid her horns- "My eyes are fine, what are you ramblin.. ahh.. Angel?" -Stopp half-way again as he feels her fingers tracks slowly over his face and to his temple causing him to flinch pulling away sharp- "Damn it girl, don't touch it.. What thing hit me?! Why can't I see, no, this can't be happening I won't beable aim, I won't.." -his voice dieing softly- "Be the hero.."
Kyle:
DreamMaster: "You were the hero, Duke. You killed it before it could kill the rest of us, with your blinded eye too... you don't remember?" Angel gently takes his hand and leads him over to a fallen log, making him sit down. She gently looks at his wound, continuing to talk. "These scratches will scar... and your eye... maybe I can heal the scratches and your eye tomorrow when my magic has returned." She lets her hands fall from his face and just sits next to him on the log, staring at the grass. Blood continues to drip from her horn.
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Kyle tenderly keeps touching the right side of his face, still trying to remember what event had happen, or even what Angel was talking about. Maybe this was part of the memory wipe that was hexing the land, or just another life, but that wouldn't explain anything so that couldn't be right he told himself.- "Duke saved everyone from what, I don't remember anything Angel.. I hope your magic can cure this.. Wait... " -he would say still watching the grass, and waving his hand infront his right eye, then moving it up to touch her bloodily horn. Wiping away his thumb and fore fingers and rubbing together infront of her- "And who's blood is this then?"
DreamMaster
< BinaryMelody : Kitt, if you get this before going to work, text me or something, I'm gonna be farming mats on EE for a while
[21:00:17 04/11/12] BinaryMelody : before going home* xD >
Kyle: < I can try texti him, sorry if that last para was bad I was letting someone in, actually round a tad early>
Siara joined the chat 9 seconds ago
Siara: Siara: ___> >
Siara: DreamMaster: "The thing you killed... I charged it before you made the shot," Angel says softly. "It was... uhm... it was big. It had lots of spines and spat venom and had huge limbs and a spiky tail... I guess my hair's soaked through with the thing's blood. Charging hurts with these new horns..." She touches the base of her horns, rubbing at her temples. She is quiet for a moment, then rubs at her face. "I'm going to... clean up. We should get moving again."
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Siara:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: < http://r17.imgfast.net/users/1713/30/69/... and http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... >
Siara:
DreamMaster: < Hee! >
Siara:
DreamMaster:
Kyle: < When say farming mats and I know that term from WoW your just as bad heh >
Siara:
Siara:
Kyle: < Ya, Kate just froeshadowing Kyle death it seems making paranoid >
DreamMaster:
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara:
Kyle rubs his face resting with his head in-between his legs trying to gather his wits, and push away this sharp pain drilling the side of his head.- "Good to know I atleast made the shot, probably the last I make now.." -he says still keeping his face buried in his hands before sighing heavily and looking back up toward Angel- "New horns, you may want to write some of this down later. Cause this is just getting crazier, you sure I didn't get with one of Siara magic spell that went terribly wrong?"
Kyle: < THIS NIGHT, that extra hour of work couldn't happen when I was working a 8 hour shift NOoooo~ Had to be a 12 hour..>
Siara:
DreamMaster: "No, he left earlier this morning. I didn't sense him use any magic," she says, standing. She reaches into the belt of her dress and pulls out a cloth. She starts to wipe her hands, face, and horns with it. "Concussion is probably the most likely... come on." She offers you her hand to stand up. "Hyna went with him if you're wondering where she is... same with Nanteu."
DreamMaster: DreamMaster: >
Kyle:
Siara:
DreamMaster:
Kyle:
Siara:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Siara:
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster: <... showing up as Raiden with Siara's voice would be so fitting...>
DreamMaster:
Kyle tries his best to not show his weakness, but still tenderly reaches up for Angel's hand to pull himself up. He turns his head more to the side trying to get a broader view of things before tripping on his own feet into her shoulder- "Opps.. Sorry, just a little dizzy.. I didn't know Hyna was back with us, what Rooke and Kyle? Did both them not make it? I'ld hate to think I couldn't save ether of those kids.."
Siara:
Kyle:
DreamMaster: "Rooke left us a few weeks ago - he found a way home," Angel says, gently steadying him and squeezing his hand. "Only Kyle died. Come on... let's get you to the stream so I can try and keep your wound clean." She starts leading him through the trees. You see the skull hovering above the branch where you left it and one of it's red eye-lights winks at you before it floats off.
Kyle: < Have Kyle proclaiming his owns his own little town called Jackalville or something ha >
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara:
Kyle:
DreamMaster: <... *plots to knock Kyle's head against something hard*>
Kyle:
Siara sorta floats past, not really a ghost, but definitely not flesh - a mass of life energy. "Hellooooooooooo? I'm kinda tired of just wandering through this place if I can't gain anything from it..." He looks from side to side as he bobs through the trees, looking for any sign of life, relative though that term may be. "Is anyone- Oh, Kyle!" His eyes light up when he spots the male, hurrying over to him and coming to a floating rest in front of him. "Good to see you, I thought I'd be stuck alone here for a while. I saw a really beautiful wavelength a ways back and decided to follow it. Quite strange, this little skull was going the other direction... What is this place, do you know?"
DreamMaster: < http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/1... Kyle looks like this at the moment. Usually he doesn't have the scars or the dead eye>
Kyle grumbles something under his breath about having to need the help of a girl to walk- "Ehh.. Now I get it, so your second lover is me right Angel? Is that.. that it? I knew something was weird when he started rambling on about you and painting horns. Can't believe her.." he says laughing to himself scanning the ground with each step, trying to adjust to loosing his visions depth. His head loosely looks up at Siara misty form making him laugh and try to wave him off- "Oh, ya I must have gotten really hard in the head.. Now I'm seeing Siara's ghost.. I thought you said only Kyle died?
Kyle:
Kyle:
DreamMaster:
Kyle: Kittens >
DreamMaster: < =( >
Kyle: < Done you post phallic emotes at me Kate! >
Kyle:
DreamMaster: Angel seems to be a little confused, releasing his hand. "Second? What?" She looks at Kyle only for a moment, then up at Siara. "He's not a ghost, he's himself... what's wrong with you Duke? And Siara! Why are you calling him Kyle? You saw Kyle die..."
DreamMaster: < It was an unhappy face! >
Siara laughs playfully. "Oh, no no no, we're not dead! Well, you're not, anyways. Oh, I don't know how to explain it..." He -tsks- to himself, then looks to Angel. "Did I? I'm sure I'd remember such a thing if I saw him die. Are you dead, Kyle?"
Siara:
Kyle stumbles once Angel lets go of his hand as he goes crashing through Siara before catching himself on a dead stump next to the river- "Seeee! I'm sure that Siara here wouldn't lie to me, maybe you two are thinking of two different Kyle's or three?" -he says point at both of you, then holding his face as he tries to remember more about the beast- "And you never told me Siara was a spirit or fairy kind, that would explain why I never felt ok when I went to go the restroom.. Hmmm, God damn this hurts.." -he exclaims trying not to pick at one of the claw marks
Kyle:
DreamMaster
Angel looks concerned, shifting forward to gently catch Kyle's wrist, moving his hands away from his face. "Don't touch that... you'll only make it worse." She washes out the cloth she used to wipe the blood off her horns and then gently dabs at Kyle's face with it. With her free hand, she gently strokes his jaw. "You're just confused, Duke. You'll remember soon."
The blacksmith walks past and into the river, wearing nothing but socks, underwear, and Angel's floppy hat.
DreamMaster:
Siara "Hey hey, don't hurt yourself!" He blinks then looks around. "Though I'm not sure that you could do any real harm to your self in this place... Such strange waves this place has..." He glances back to Kyle, then rolls around in the air as he laughs. "A fairy or a spirit!? Oh, if only I could have been a fairy, hahahaaa!! I'm no fairy, I'm a Lunar Elf! Right now I'm just borrowing some power from the forest by Gala... Madrid... That one wizard's house, the one that burned down. There's a ritual that I've been wanting to perform for quite some time, and now the conditions are perfect. Don't go near it until I'm done or you'll die for real, okay?~"
DreamMaster:
DreamMaster:
Siara:

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 12 (5th November 2012)


Kate: Do we wanna get started?
Kate
Kyle would awake looking around the room as he yawned feeling teh soft bed again- "Ahh.. damn just a dream again." -he say rubbing his head- "I wonder if they got bacon here, I could go for a big breakfest, oh wait! Did I sleep in.. Hope I didn't miss everyone." -he says almost stumbling out of the bed, trying to get his pants and shoes back on.
Nanteu had already awoken several hours ago. She had spent most of the night in a light, restless sleep - what was troubling her, though, she wasn't sure. The unfamiliarity of her bed and the sight of the grand palace was certainly a factor, but she also wondered how long she could continue to stay with these people. What was she going to do with herself, when she had only a bare recollection of what she had been doing to start with. Currently standing by a window in the hall, she waited for the others to appear.
Kyle: Do you want to get off my back for ONE MOMENT Kate, I'm at work filling very important things! GEeez~
Siara: I think Siara is traveling lightest out of everyone
Kyle: < Yup ready!>
Kate: Kitt, be nice to me!
Nanteu: Okay, so. Nanteu; Bedroll, waterskin, food (fruit, bread), rope, flint & steel, flute. I think that'll do.
Nanteu: Oh man. Jag shot me in the face again.
Nanteu: That's like.. the fifth time!
Kate: (Nope. Angel has less than Siara. ) (Nice Shea)
Kyle:
Kate: (I can tell him off if you like)
Nanteu: Nah. He'd probably just shoot you too. He tends to just.. do that..
Nanteu: Hm.
Kate:
Kate:
Nanteu: < Noo wayyyyyyy >
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate: (Right! Shea! Where's the goop?)
Kate: Rooke wanders out of his room, rubbing sleepily at his eyes. He's dressed and wearing his armor, but doesn't have his pack with him. He wanders over to the window and peers out at the fog and overcast sky before yawning and glancing over at Nanteu. "Going to be a rainy day today... goodmorning."
Nanteu: Oh right. She's also wearing a belt with small pouches and such. It's in one of those, the goop. It's a long pocket, big enough to hold a thin vial or two.
Kate: (Have you checked it this morning?)
Kate: (... oh, bother. I just realized I need to fold my washing. xD I'm still here, just slow)
Nanteu: (Well she's been up the whole morning, so yes, she would have been keeping an eye on it. probably the whole time)
Nanteu: (after the basement scenario, she doesn't want to make any more silly mistakes)
Kate: (Then it has been a bit more pink than it was yesterday. You think you've heard squeaks from it occasionally too, but you're not certain.)
Kyle would awake looking around the room as he yawned feeling teh soft bed again- "Ahh.. damn just a dream again." -he say rubbing his head- "I wonder if they got bacon here, I could go for a big breakfest, oh wait! Did I sleep in.. Hope I didn't miss everyone." -he says almost stumbling out of the bed, trying to get his pants and shoes back on. Suddenly out in the hall a loud crash could be heard as his room door flies open with Kyle tumbling to the ground and his right boot dislodging it'self as he failed to tie in on one foot.- "Ahhk.. damn that's one way to get out.. Where's my boot?" -he says still sitting on the ground searching while rubbing the back of his head; it seems he hit it when he fell
Kyle:
Nanteu: (Alright)
Kate:
Kyle:
Nanteu glances at Rooke. She smiles at him distractedly, then shifts uncomfortably as her gaze turns back to the window. "I know. I can feel it a little already. Creeping in."
Kyle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...
Kate: Rooke is quiet for a wee while, then leans his elbow against the wall, shifting so it's supporting him. "So, uhm... Nanteu, where are you from? Obviously not this place... most of the elves here appear to be rather cryptic."
Kate:
Nanteu: (ohmygodwhykitt)
Kate: (Wanna do an awareness check, Kitt?)
Kate: (Ugh, I hate it when graphic t-shirts harden... then crack...)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Siara: (That's just a bad printing job)
Kyle:
Kate: (Yeah... R2D2 and C3PO do not look like themselves anymore... *sad sigh*)
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate: Kyle, as you search for your other boot, you think you hear sounds through the wall. Sure enough, soon you make out voices and hear Ozrael's voice gently mumuring soft nothings... Seeing as the rooms near yours are the guest rooms, you can only assume that a new guest may have arrived that Ozrael had taken a fancy to.
Kate:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kyle: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...>
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle groans a bit as he stands walking over to snatch up his last boot and tug it on forcefully. He pauses to listen in to something but try to pay it no mind remember he may be late and goes off to find everyone. (where is everyone?!)
Siara:
Kate:
Siara:
Kate: (In the hall just outside the rooms, Kyle, looking out the windows at the overcast day.)
Kate: (It's just Rooke and Nanteu for now. Angel is elsewhere.)
Siara:
Kate:
Nanteu brushes a loose strand of hair behind a pointed ear, at the same time reaching into the vial pocket to touch the container of goo. For the moment she doesn't take it out - she simply checks that it's still where she had last placed it. She looks at Rooke again curiously, then crosses her arms over her chest. ".. I was born in Vilhon Reach. I used to help my mother there. She made clothes and other things.. But I started to travel at a young age, and I stayed at some of the human villages for long periods of time, moving between them, and then back home. Most recently I stayed in a town for many years. But there was.." she hesitates. "Well, I had to move on," she says quickly. "What about you, Rooke? Where did you come from?"
Nanteu: (I don't know how politcially correct that all was.)
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate: (That was fine, Shea. )
Kate: <... my cat just jumped in my drawer...>
Nanteu: (Oh good xD I've made up a history for her - bits and pieces, so I had to just quickly research some places that fit in with her background)
Nanteu: < I've heard cats like drawers.. >
Kate: Rooke nods. "Never been to Vilhon Reach," he says. "Passed near it a few times but never really crossed the border - authorities weren't too happy with me." He smiles a little, glancing down at her vial pocket, thinking about the goo for a minute, then seems to come back to the conversation. "I was in Davenport last I remember, before this forest place. As for where I was born... not too sure. My father moved me around a lot."
Kate: (Siara, can you link me that personal chat and clear whatever conversation you had with Kitt?)
Siara: < http://www.chatzy.com/51032852874485 >
Nanteu nods. She hadn't visited Davenport before, nor passed too close to it. And it wasn't surprising that he had been met with unfirendly locals around Vilhon. They were very protective of their home. "And what of your mother?," she asks, tentatively. "You mentioned your father.."
Kate: (Do you want to do a knowledge check on Davenport? (Either Local or Geography knowledge))
Nanteu: (Mmkay. out of?)
Kate: Rooke softly shrugs. "My mother left. Or rather... she got pregnant with me, hunted my father down for six months, then left me with him and never returned. I suppose he didn't make too much of an impression on her." He smiles a little, then shrugs. "Never really had a mother since her. My father was into all sorts of women, the only one he stayed with was a bit of a rough woman and closer to my age than his."
Kate: (Rolldie 20)
Kate: (Then add your bonus from either knowledge local or knowledge geography - if you have neither skills, then it should just be your knowledge skill's bonus)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
Kyle glances around for any maids or anyone as he can't help but grow curious what kind of suitor the goat couldn't have snag. Walking around to the otherside of the hallway, following his ears to Oz's room and pressing his ear up to it. (Listen check I guess)
Nanteu: (I only have knowledge arcana, nature and religion. unless im ive looked over it somewhere.. http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante...
Kate: Kyle, you can hear Oz still softly talking, a little bit of shuffling of sheets, and a soft giggle from who he is with.
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Kate: (Okay, Shea, you know very little about Davenport! You only know it's a port.)
Kate: (i just gave you that one, Kyle. )
Nanteu: (xD Woo!)
Richtor Barsten joined the chat 6 seconds ago
Kate: (Hey quake)
Kyle smirks a bit and coughs and backs away from the door thinking he hears someone coming, but instead it was nothing and keeps walking down the hallway toward where he thinks Nanteu and Rooke are.
Kyle: http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/sea... >
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate: (Your turn, Shea!)
Siara:
Kate:
Nanteu frowns. "I'm sorry to hear that.. My father was away a lot. In fact he disappeared when I was only very young. I ran into him once, some time later, at a tavern. He didn't know me.. But I think he recognised something about me, because the way he looked at me.. I mean, I never forgot his face. Indeed, I stayed there for a few nights, and then went to pay before I left, but someone had already sorted it out. He was nowhere to be seen.. Odd. But I'll never forget that moment," she finishes, then blinks dumbly. "You made me ramble!," she chuckles.
Kate: Rooke smiles a little. "Rambling's all fine when it has a interesting topic and a pretty face behind the words... ah, Kyle! Finally up? What were you doing over at that door, eavesdropping? Heh, you still trying to keep your eye on her?"
Kate:
Kyle jogs a bit to catch up even with the other two, full of energy it seems even after such a weird nightmare last night. He smiles and gives Nanteu and Rooke the same greeting.- "Ya, good morning I kinda slept in, but I'm feeling pretty good today." -He says then pointing to himself after hearing Rooke and pointing off to teh hallway- "Eavesdropping? Me, no no.. I just, I was just a little shocked is all. I never knew those two were a item. Guess I was getting the wrong signals out in the woods.. " -his face trying to stay cheerful- "So we meeting up at the Queen's room right? I think I'll just wait outside again, you know how bad I am with royalty and that stuff."
Kyle:
Kate: Rooke pauses, grinning a little. "She wasn't giving you ANY signals out in the woods... that fist-fight where you ended up on top was the only signal I ever picked up on. For a while there, I thought she wasn't interested in anyone at all. Completely asexual... but I guess not!" He smiles and offers Nanteu his arm. "Shall we? Down to the throneroom?"
Nanteu brightens considerably and grins, slipping her arm through Rooke's. "Lead the way, then."
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara:
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate:
Kyle is completely reading Rooke wrong and doesn't catch the fist-fight part as he is ready to just get outside and get some fresh air.- "I'll be in the courtyard guys when your done, see ya then!" -he says waving over his shoulder heading back outside, taking a hard seat on the stone stairs
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate: Rooke is quiet for a moment, hesitates, then frowns. "All right... well, I thought it was more we were walking around as a group trying to find something to do..." He looks at Nanteu. "Why don't we go with Kyle...? Something seems to be bothering him. See... before we met you, there was a drow woman in the group. Rather snotty dark elf, but incredibly... well, let's just say Kyle may have been a little infatuated." He completely leaves out his own side of the story. "I saw her and the Captain of the Guard, Ozrael, go into her room last night. I think Kyle may be a bit bothered about the whole thing..."
Nanteu: < http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=that+e... >
Kate:
Nanteu "What about he and Angel?," she whispers, then gets an odd look on her face. "Is he like this with every woman that enters your group?"
Kate
Just as Rooke finishes talking, Angel happens to run up the stairs and into the hall outside the rooms. She looks at Rooke and Nanteu for a moment, grins, then motions behind her. "It's been about 24 hours now... I bet Siara will be back soon. Where's Kyle?"
"Uh, in the courtyard, but, uh-"
"Great, thanks!" She trips off down the stairs and heads off through the halls and corridors to the courtyard.
Rooke frowns and shrugs at Nanteu. "Follow her, I suppose..."
Angel trips into the courtyard and rushes up to Kyle, a wide grin on her face. "Guess what!-... Kyle, are you... okay?" She crouches before him. "What's with the dark face? Have a bad sleep?"
Kate: (Sorry... xD I'll put his reaction now!)
Kate: Rooke stops just as he mentions following Angel, catching on to what Nanteu means. He looks down at their joined arms before smirking at her. "Have you now? I do hope it isn't the pretty elf man, otherwise I may have some competition..." He winks at her before gently tugging on her arm, heading for the stairs and towards the courtyard.
Kyle:
Kate:
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle:
Nanteu:
Kyle:
Nanteu chuckles, then goes along with him as he leads her towards the courtyard, a flutter of excitement building in her stomach.
Nanteu: < Mm. I hate it when people abuse the anonymity of the internet. Just because it's there it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want to to someone, all the while knowing it'll offend them. >
Nanteu: < But anyway. >
Kyle acts like teh suns in his eyes holding up a hand looking off at nothing while shaking his head- "Just some trouple sleeping, and some weird dreams I'm fine.. What is the meeting over already? That was pretty quick, where the Queen want her pawns now?" -he says trying to stay on point
Kate:
Nanteu: < kk >


Some personal chatter…

Kate: Angel frowns a little, but nods. She keeps crouching before him. "Yeah... The Queen doesn't know where she wants us exactly, but she said that further investigating Malakhi and his brother, Nateshk, is a good idea. Apparently there was mention of Nateshk being in a town nearby, across the river and west of here. Some of our scholars also determined that two months have passed since the last memories that everyone has... Kyle, seriously, are you crying?"
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle scoffs snapping straight up- "What? No where the hell would you get that idea? I'm waiting for everyone to show up, so we can get back on the road and find.." -he wavers a hand trying to say the name- "What's his name... Malak -hi.." -he states while shifting his weight from one leg to another
Siara:
Kate: Rooke wanders into the courtyard with Nanteu. "Hey..." he says slowly, trying to guage the situation as Angel straightens up.
Kate:
Siara:

Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate: (First roll is Rooke, Second is Angel)
Nanteu: (I hate my life.)
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Kate rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Kate: (Rooke gets a excellent listen check. His magic check is 6. Angel's listen check is 11. Her magic check is 6)
Nanteu: (11 for listen, 1 for magic (?))
Nanteu: (I'm sick of this die. I swear it has it out for me)
Kate: (1 is an auto fumble or failure. )
Siara:
Nanteu: (Yep. Just my luck)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: (13!)
Siara:
Siara: A low buzz fills the air as he arrives, like trees rustling and groaning in the wind, and he slowly walks through the courtyard. As you see him approach though, it's clear that he's not walking, but floating a few inches above the ground, swaying slightly from side to side as he moves. His head is low, his body limp, his hair dirty, his skin even paler than before. He looks to be dead, suspended by an unseen force. Closer investigation would reveal that he's not dead, but very close to it. Kyle, you look closer and sense a form of energy - not like magic, more like an animating force - you feel more alive as it draws nearer. The longer you look at Siara's body, the clearer it becomes, like haze being lifted - large tendrils of bright green energy sprouting from his back like spider legs, carrying him gently forward.
Nanteu: (Well, damn)
Kate: Angel's eyes widen as she sees Siara, all thoughts of worrying about whether or not Kyle was crying gone. Her eyes narrow and her lips part a little as if she's about to ask a question, but no words come out. Rooke just stares, his arm still through Nanteu's.
Siara:
Kyle: < seriously that's how your going to come in on a paranoid country boy? FLOATING ON MAGIC?!>
Nanteu: < *deep breaths* >
Siara:
Kyle: After trying to advert the conversation and avoid all the awkward chatting and hurt feelings he finally finds his escape or so he thought. As something rather strange and alien would come into view cause Kyle to shove Angle to ground as he steps in front of quickly fetching a arrow and notching it and letting it loose before he warn the others about the attack- "MONSTER!" (attack roll)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Kyle:
Siara:
Kate: Angel quickly rolls up onto her feet. "Wait, no! The guards wouldn't have let it pass if it was a monster..."
Kyle:
Nanteu makes a grab for Kyle's arm.
Kyle:
Kate:
http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Kyle:
Kyle:
Nanteu: < worth a try anyway xD >
Kate: Angel gently moves past Kyle and peers at the fuzzy image of Siara, frowning a little. "Hey...?"
Siara: When the word "monster" is spoken, the legs stop moving seemingly hesitant. They don't react until the arrow has fired, passing through it harmlessly, and then one of them reaches up and forward, dropping heavily to floor Kyle before returning to its neutral position. The legs all gradually shrink into Siara's back until his feet are firmly on the ground, then disappear into him entirely. He is still for a moment before being illuminated by a green aura as life pours back into him, his skin returning to its healthy palor and the dirt in his hair vanishing. He takes a deep, slow breath, tilting his head back as he does, then sighs and slowly opens his eyes, which seem even more radiant. His voice is a bit hoarse, but light as ever. "...glad you decided to wait for me."
Siara: (No damage, just pushing him down so he can't attack again. xD)
Kate: Rooke blinks at Siara, then frowns and folds his arms. "Uhm... what was that all about?" he asks, confused. "Kyle almost shot you..." Angel collects Kyle's arrow for him and returns it to his quiver before helping him up to his feet.
Kyle:
Nanteu is speechless, just watching the others as they try to deal with what just happened. She almost says something, then thinks better of it, again silencing herself.
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate: Nanteu, awareness check.
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Nanteu: (Oh shit yes)
Kate: You feel your side grow very, very warm - the side with the vial pouch. A soft rattle starts up in there, only audible to your ears and you hear the tiniest squeaks... then the pop of the vial lid coming free despite how hard you jammed it on yesterday!
Kate:
Nanteu jumps at the suddeness of the lid squirming loose and the pop that goes with it. She makes a fumble for the pouch and clips it shut with both hands, holding them tightly over it as she tries to contain the goo.
Kate: You can feel the goo's weight shifting in the pouch, but nothing seems to be happening. Free of the vial, it seems to be happy to wander about inside the pouch and explore it's new container.
Siara looks over at Rooke. "If he had... I'm not sure I could have stopped the magic from actually hurting him." Brushing off the remains of the dirt slowly, the haze surrounding him rises, condensing into a thick mist ball over his head and revealing the results of the ritual - his top is ripped in several places, his face and arms covered in long scratches. He reaches up and behind him in a long stretch, which also reveals one of the other results of the ritual - a long, sleek, jet-black tail. "Gooooooood, I'm gonna be sore for days after that..."
Siara:
Nanteu 's eyes pinch shut and she just sighs, leaving one hand cupped over the flap of the pouch. She doesn't trust the goo.. thing.. but at the moment, she decides to let it stay within the pouch, her hand habitually holding that part of her belt. With a glance to make sure no one really noticed, she walks over to Siara, examining him from a few feet.
Kate
Rooke's brow furrows as he looks at Siara, his eyes moving down to the tail. He is very quiet for a long, long time, then moves a hand up to wipe it across his face. "I don't know if you noticed but... your magic-walk or whatever it is has left you with... a bit of a uhm... a..." He fumbles, not sure how to word it, but then hesitates as he realizes that Siara knows full well that it is there. "You... wanted a tail...?"
He looks dumbfounded, then scratches the back of his neck. "All right... strange, but all right..."
Angel doesn't seem quite as disturbed - rather, she seems curious. She takes a few steps away from Kyle, wandering around Siara to look at the tail a bit better. She starts to grin as she moves around him, then returns to Kyle's side. "The tail looks familiar..."
"Oh, gods... where's your dog!?" Rooke exclaims. "You're not one of those sick druids that-...?"
Kate: .
Siara keeps stretching, going through a number of positions. "Yeah, that's the ritual I did, and why I needed the gem and staff for help. Druids thrive on natural magic. By joining something from nature to their body, their minds become more stable." As he finishes stretching, he keeps an eye on Rooke, still listening as he reaches up into the ball of mist over him, pulling out his pack and slinging it over his shoulders, then the staff, which now has the gem from the ring set into the top of it. He slips on his gloves before reaching into it once more and pulling out the warhammer. He laughs when Rooke suggests that he bound to Raiden. "Ahahaha, no, Raiden is perfectly safe. I took the tail from Kruk since he wouldn't be needing it anymore." Raising his right hand and letting his palm rest against the bottom of the mist ball, he lowers it to the ground, where it grows in size several times, then fades to reveal Raiden. "I had to use some of my own life energy to get back here because the ritual took so much magic, and figured I'd just carry everything like that while it was active."
Kyle stands back up slowly keeping a even tighter grip on his longbow, while staring Siara up and down from a distance till Angel snaps his mind back hitting him in the chest with the arrow.- "Oh.. ya, thanks..." -he says softly shoving it back into his quiver, while listening to everyone. Kyle mind still racing trying to put the pieces together before Rooke could finish his sentence- "A Werewolf? I'm not sure if that was the best idea.. Oh.. nevermind then. Seems like alot work just for a tail, but to each his own.." -he says finally stepping forward and holding a finger out to Siara face- "And don't push me again.."
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate:
Nanteu: < Do it, Kitt. Dooo itttttt. Drama. Draaaaaaamaaaaa. >
Nanteu:
Siara smiles playfully. "Don't try to shoot me when I'm not in my body and I won't have to floor you. Deal?~♥"
Kyle: ,< >
Kate:
Nanteu: < Yay~>
Nanteu: < Haha. I though it would be funny >:] >
Kate:
Kyle: (ya.. another feat..)
Nanteu: < I need to roll don't I? Like.. twelve times.. )
Kate:
Kate:
Nanteu: < Yeah, it's here >
Kate:
Nanteu: < Just did xD >
Kate:
Kate: Nanteu: < Oh right. i see, i see. it's okay>
Kate: >
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate: (Make one 10 a 14, make one 12 a 14)
Siara: < http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara... >
Kyle:
Siara:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate:
Kate: <... do you seriously have no stats above 14!? Why didn't I notice this before! Siara, take the same route as Kyle and change your stats!>
Kyle:
Siara: Turn them into 16s?
Kyle: <10 12 12 14 14 16 is what I took>
Kate:
Siara: http://puu.sh/1mDVB
Kyle:
Kyle: <10 12 12 14 14 16 = +9>
Kate: < Siara Take these numbers - 12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 16>
Kate: (Shea, how are you doing?)
Nanteu: (*Shrug*)
Siara:
Kyle:
Nanteu: (http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nanteu Amuet&r=Elf&c=Bard&g=F&l=3&d=Fharlanghn&a1=Neutral&a2=Good&s0v=16&s0s=Str&s1v=11&s1s=Cha&s2v=15&s2s=Wis&s3v=13&s3s=Int&s4v=12&s4s=Con&s5v=14&s5s=Dex&a=Studded leather&sh=Buckler&w1=Rapier&w2=Composite shortbow +3&w3=Whip&bl1=Draconic&k=Bluff:4,Diplomacy:2,Hide:4,Knowledge (arcana):4,Knowledge (nature):4,Knowledge (religion):2,Move Silently:4,Listen:4,Perform (wind instr):3,Gather Info:1,Survival:2,Sense Motive:2&kl=&f1=Combat Reflexes&f1a=&f2=Empower Spell&f2a=&f3=&f3a=&h=57&w=84&ag=139&hr=&ey=)
Nanteu: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nanteu Amuet&r=Elf&c=Bard&g=F&l=3&d=Fharlanghn&a1=Neutral&a2=Good&s0v=16&s0s=Str&s1v=11&s1s=Cha&s2v=15&s2s=Wis&s3v=13&s3s=Int&s4v=12&s4s=Con&s5v=14&s5s=Dex&a=Studded leather&sh=Buckler&w1=Rapier&w2=Composite shortbow +3&w3=Whip&bl1=Draconic&k=Bluff:4,Diplomacy:2,Hide:4,Knowledge (arcana):4,Knowledge (nature):4,Knowledge (religion):2,Move Silently:4,Listen:4,Perform (wind instr):3,Gather Info:1,Survival:2,Sense Motive:2&kl=&f1=Combat Reflexes&f1a=&f2=Empower Spell&f2a=&f3=&f3a=&h=57&w=84&ag=139&hr=&ey= )
Kate: (Not this again! xD)
Kyle: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...
Nanteu: (Not this again)
Nanteu: (xD)
Kyle:
Kate: (All right, lemme try...)
Siara:
Kate: (Put a _ in instead of her space)
Nanteu: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... leather&sh=Buckler&w1=Rapier&w2=Composite shortbow +3&w3=Whip&bl1=Draconic&k=Bluff:4,Diplomacy:2,Hide:4,Knowledge (arcana):4,Knowledge (nature):4,Knowledge (religion):2,Move Silently:4,Listen:4,Perform (wind instr):3,Gather Info:1,Survival:2,Sense Motive:2&kl=&f1=Combat Reflexes&f1a=&f2=Empower Spell&f2a=&f3=&f3a=&h=57&w=84&ag=139&hr=&ey= )
Kyle:
Kate: (PM me it)
Nanteu: (kk)
Kate: WAIT
Kate: (First, remove her name from the CS, press save, then send it)
Kyle stands back up slowly keeping a even tighter grip on his longbow, while staring Siara up and down from a distance till Angel snaps his mind back hitting him in the chest with the arrow.- "Oh.. ya, thanks..." -he says softly shoving it back into his quiver, while listening to everyone. Kyle mind still racing trying to put the pieces together before Rooke could finish his sentence- "A Werewolf? I'm not sure if that was the best idea.. Oh.. nevermind then. Seems like alot work just for a tail, but to each his own.." -he says finally stepping forward and holding a finger out to Siara face- "And don't push me again.."
Siara smiles playfully. "Don't try to shoot me when I'm not in my body and I won't have to floor you. Deal?~♥"
Nanteu: (already PMed you it)
Kate: (I haven't recieved it)
Kate: (I have a new pretty necklace!)
Nanteu: (Ugh. I'll do it again)
Kyle:
Nanteu: (there)
Nanteu: < Oh yeah >
Kyle:
Nanteu: < xD >
Kate
Angel is quiet, watching the two debate, then gently reaches out and adjusts one of the arrows in Kyle's quiver seeing as it is half-out. She is quiet, obviously worrying a little about Kyle and him trying to hide his eyes earlier, but not wanting to upset him by asking about it. Rooke just has his eyebrow raised as if he doesn't quiet understand why Siara would want a tail of all natural things, but seems to accept it well enough.
"Next time you decide to graft some piece of a dead gnoll onto yourself, give us a bit of a warning first, all right?"
Kate: <*rages at Nanteu's CS*>
Kate:
Nanteu: (Okay, 1 sec)
Siara shrugs. "Fair enough, but I don't plan to go any further than this." He looks over at Rooke again. "I don't think I want to know what you were implying that I did to Raiden, but I will tell you now, I would never do anything to hurt him. He..." He stops himself, then looks away. "Maybe I'll tell you later."
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...>

Kate:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Nanteu: (lvl went to 3, gather info to 1, knowledge (arcana) to 5, knowledge (nature) to 5, sense motive to 4, perform (wind instr) to 3, survival to 4, also added combat reflexes and empower spell, but i didn't know what they were about)
Kyle:
Nanteu: (like i said, didn't know what they were about, and there were heaps of them so i couldnt make up my mind xD)
Kyle:
Kate: Rooke shook his head. "Sorry, Siara... I get it. He's your dog... still learning about you, all right? I've seen some wacky druids in my time, and I'm still not sure where your limits are. Dogs are good companions... I'd have my own if I could."
Nanteu: (what about reflexes and stealth?)
Kate: (Okay, I'll fix it up.)
Kyle:
Kate: (If you want stealth, put something into Move Silently)
Kyle: (Reflexes and Stealth are both good)
Kate: (As a skill)
Kate: (Or you can get a feat that boosts it)
Nanteu: (move silently is already up to 7)
Kate: (Stealthy is a feat that adds +2 to Move Silently and Hide. Want that?)
Siara nods and turns away, a hand on his hip as he looks out to the southwest, the tip of his new tail swinging from side to side like a pendulum. "We all have our quirks. That's not one of mine. Raiden means everything to me - I would die before I knowingly do anything that would hurt him without his permission."
Kyle locks eyes with Siara for a moment before turning around with arms crossed- "Whatever.. So now that you've gain your fancy animal tail, are you ready to go find Mizzy? We heard he was spotting a near by town and was about to head that way." -looking back and forth between everyone- "Well, that is what the Queen said right? Or was it that old goats idea?"
Nanteu: (do lightening reflexes and dodge.)
Kyle:
Nanteu: < mehe >
Kyle:
Kate: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Nante... )
Nanteu: (Thanks Kate)
Siara looks over his shoulder at Kyle. "Of course. We can leave whenever you're ready."
Kate: Nanteu, as you stand there with your hand over the pouch's clip, you feel the goo jump around inside the pouch a little more violently than before. You find you actually have to fight to keep the pouch closed.
Nanteu stares at her pouch intently, bringing her other hand around to it. She places the free hand over the other, straining to keep them both secured over the flap of the pouch. Looking for a split second, she clears her throat with a harsh cough. "Ah, yeah so we.. We sort of.. have a problem with the goo."
Nanteu: looking up*)
Siara turns around to look at Nanteu. "Did you lose it?"
Kate: The goo starts bucking more and more violently - you can hear slight squeaks as it hits the walls inside the pouch.
Nanteu "No way. But it's getting rowdy, and it forced it's way out of the vial." She nods to the thrashing pouch.
Kate: .
Siara "Hmm... What could have caused it to act like this...?" He steps over to Nanteu and lets the warhammer drop with a loud clang before extending a gloved hand towards the pouch. "May I?"
Kate: "It was the Queen's idea," Angel replies to Kyle, watching Nanteu worriedly. "None of us could find Ozrael this morning..."
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 5
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 10
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 1
Kate rolled a die with 10 sides. The die showed: 9
Kate: (Don't be scared. This is for something I'm trying to figure out... xD)
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle:
Nanteu shifts her position, so the pouch, and her hip, are closer to Siara. The pouch can be unstrapped from the belt, but she doesn't risk taking any pressure off of it in case the goo takes advantage of the moment and springs free. "This morning when I checked it, it was mostly pink again. But it only started behaving like this when.. you appeared," she explains, looking at Siara. She keeps her hands over that part of the belt, waiting for him to make a move. Whatever action he decides to take, she's ready to go along with.
Nanteu: < Goo man? >
Kate:
Kyle scoffs hearing Angel claim no one could find Ozreal.- "Yup.. I'm sure you look everywhere for him.. Now what's this about goo?" - He chuckles a bit stepping over to lean against the keep entrance confused what the hold up was- "Oh! You still got that thing? Surprised you haven't burned it, or just dumped in a waste hole..
Kyle:
Siara tilts his head. "Me? Why would it... Oh, that's what it likes..." He takes off his glove and touches a spot at the base of his skull, extracting a tiny sphere of his life energy no bigger than a pea, then lowers his hand to hold it close to the bag, using his other hand to help hold the bag shut. "Don't let go of it..."
Kate:
Kate: The goo is silenced for a moment, but the way the pouch shifts, everyone can tell it's trying to get closer to the life energy sphere. It squeaks again.
Kyle: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%...>

Kate:
Nanteu tightens her grip, still very much alert. "Okay."
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate: (Roll a Will Save, Kyle.)
Siara nods to himself as the pouch shifts before closing his hand around the sphere and absorbing it back into his body. "It likes energy. Magic, heat, life force, anything that is a form of energy. That's why it didn't escape when the lid came off the first time, it didn't like the cold air of the basement even though there was plenty of magic for it."

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:46 pm by Kate Orchix

Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Kate: (Awww)
Kyle: (19 Fighter Will save OP)
Kate: Angel stares at the back of Kyle's head, not understanding why he seems so snappy with her, but just frowns and watches Siara and Nanteu with the goo. The goo, it seems, becomes frantic as the energy disappears and starts bashing itself all over the pouch again.
Nanteu nods her head. "I remember that. It had it's oppurtunity, but it shrunk back into the vial once it was free.. What should we do with this? I keept thinking that maybe we could study it, but.. It's getting more determined. If we reach an area that's a decent temperature, it could do anything once it gets out."
Siara looks up. "Let's wait until nightfall, when the temperature drops, then we can see what it's doing. I can try reading more of the journal we picked up." Thinking of the journal, he suddenly reaches into his pack and pulls out the wooden band that was originally on the tail, sliding it up until it fits snugly.
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle: < I can't believe I made a will save as a warrior.. I got a total of +2 vrs will saves>
Kate: Angel puts a hand up slightly as if to catch the others' attention. "Down in the basement, we have a cool room where we store wine... maybe we could go down there? The overcast day will help, not much sunlight..." She glances at Kyle, frowning a bit.
Nanteu repeats the same action as earlier, bringing the free hand back across her body. The other stays put over the pouch as Angel pipes up, and Nanteu give Siara a look, before gazing back in her and Kyle's direction. "Alright. What should do, then? Follow up your Malakhi's most recent lead, or head to the basement?"
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara shrugs. "If the magician's already on the go, then leaving now versus a few hours from now won't make much difference."
Kate: Angel softly shrugs. "That lead can wait for a bit. But up to you. Personally, I'd love to see what this thing is... it could be a lead within itself. I mean, it was in Malakhi's basement..."
Kyle: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMT...>
Kate:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate:
Nanteu: < now that it's pink I keep imagining the pink goop from Ghostbusters 2)
Kate: < XD!>
Kyle shrugs walkings back up the keeps entrance pausing before opening the door and looking up- "Ya, ironic how it always seems to rain.. Well let's atleast wait part of it out and get this goo out of the way. I'm not found of the idea of sleeping with a magical goo trying to kill me only a few feet away the whole time. Come on.. Plus I could use some breakfast."
Nanteu: < it was everywhere~! >
Kyle:
Kate
Rooke puts up a hand. "I'll get the food!" With that, he walks off towards the kitchens. Angel follows until she reaches Kyle's side and gently touches his arm before brushing past him. She leads the others towards the kitchens also, stopping and taking another corridor however. She leads them along for a wee while, her fingers tapping against the walls as she moves - little dancing lights are left behind her in those spots, obviously so Rooke can find his way to them once they're in the basement.
She takes them into a storage room with a few sacks of flour and other foods, moving to a trapdoor in the floor and lifting it up. "Down there," she says.
Kate:
Kate:
Nanteu glides along, stopping only when they reach the trapdoor, and even then, she waits only a moment before heading under the floor before the others. Once under, she examines the surroudings quickly, the chill biting at her skin. Once she is confident enough, she loosens her hold on the pouch, testing the waters.
Kate:
Kyle:
Siara follows the party down into the darkness, looking around as the cool air nips at his cuts. "Huh... Just like home."
Kyle:
Kate: The room is cool and several shelves of wine bottles occupy the wallspace. The room is small, probably only 50 sq ft. It is all stone, only a table in the middle of the room. On the table are four goblets and a bottle of unopened wine. As Nanteu releases her hold on the pouch, the goo falls silent then shuffles closer to the side of the pouch that is nearer to Nanteu as if seeking warmth.
Kate:
Kyle stops looking down the pit trap then shakes his head lightly moving down it- "This doesn't look shady..."
Kyle:
Kate: Angel reaches down and catches the back of Kyle's shirt before he can fully climb down. She whispers in his ear. "What's going on? Do you need to talk about something? A problem with me? You're awfully short with me today."
Kate:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate:
Nanteu once the others are together again, she releases her hold more and more, until finally, her palm only hovers over the pouch. She waits for a few seconds, hesitates, and then unclips the latch, keeping her hand, and the source of heat, hovering over the top of the container.
Siara extracts another ball of life energy, this one even smaller than the first so it won't affect him if it's destroyed. He holds the tiny sphere in his hand, ready for a test when Nanteu is finished.
Kate: The goo crawls up to the top of the pouch, gently nudging at the gap between it and the cold air. You see the tiniest bit of pink-green goo squeeze through the tiny gap, almost as if to just sense the air around. It waves about in a quite uncanny manner, sentient almost - you can both almost feel it spying on you.
Kate:
Siara blinks in surprise. "...it has intelligence of some sort."
Nanteu watches closely as it peers out of it's home, and then fiddles with the underside of her belt with her free hand. After some fiddling she manages to unstrap the pouch from the belt, now cupping the leather container in her hand. "Indeed," she says, and turns to Siara, the pouch held out from her body. "That's particularly worrisome."
Siara steps closer, placing his free hand near the container. "Hey, goo thing? If you can understand me, can you climb up here? I've got something for you." He moves the sphere of energy closer to the container so the goo can feel it, if not reach it just yet.
Siara: (feel its presence*)
Kate: It doesn't appear to have any sensory organs - it's just a blob of goo. It keeps peeking out as Nanteu takes the pouch off her belt and holds it before Siara. It peers up at Siara and the sphere of energy. It squeezes out of the container and just sits in a blobby little heap on the topside of the pouch, one little tendril of goo tentatively reaching upwards towards the sphere of energy. The tendril starts swiping frustratedly at the air above it once it discovers it is too short to reach the energy sphere. The pink flushes through it's goo-body, removing most of the green and brushing the rest of the green coloring to the bottom of it's goo-body.
Siara watches it curiously, his eyes narrowing just slightly. "It's like a child..." He lets the sphere rest above his palm, lowering it so the the little goo creature could climb into his hand to retrieve it. At the same time, he pulls the journal from his pack, imbuing it with a touch of his life energy so he can manipulate it hands-free for a moment, flipping through the pages - "Notes, notes... Here's where we left off..." - and then a bit further, looking for something about the jelly creature.
Kyle "This doesn't look shady.. heh ek.." -he chokes for a second as Angel grabs his shirts collar, making take a step back up and meet her gaze. His face just smiling blankly back at her like she should be able to read his mind- "I got nothing going on Angel, and I haven't been short with you.. I haven't said a single rude thing to you. I'm just in a rush today, and didn't sleep welll, and then Rooke saw me listening on you and Oz.. It.. it's, it's your business." -he says stumbling on the last bit words, and letting his mind free. (Read his mind if you dare! I bet there are some terrible images in there!)
Kyle:
Nanteu: < I can't believe he just admitted he was eavesdropping xD>
Kate: Angel just blinks at him, then frowns. "Oz...? What?" She stares at him for a long moment then her head jerks back, almost in disgust. "My gosh, you think that was me!? With Ozrael!? No, that was your drow friend! Last night he chatted her up and I saw them go off upstairs together-... Ew! Kyle!" She looks disgusted. "Oz is just my sparring partner! You thought-?" She shudders, then covers her face before lightly slapping Kyle's chest. "I don't want to even know what you heard and thought was me!" She blushes furiously.
Kyle:
Siara lets out a soft -snrrt- at the conversation between Kyle and Angel, then keeps looking for information about the jelly.
Kyle:
Nanteu can't help but snicker, but manages t surpress it. While Siara searches for info, she waves a finger around the goo, watching it's reaction as she pulls it away, then moves it closer, then away again.
Kate: Siara, the little creature rushes onto your hand, the life energy sphere consumed easily... As it sits in your palm, you feel a strange, tingly sensation. Looking through the book, you look up just for a moment to discover the creature is 'staring' at you... before promptly falling through your skin, leaving only a pink glow on your palm. A shock goes through your body - adrenaline, it feels like, and before you know it, the little creature is sitting in your OTHER palm! It peers at you curiously.
Kate: (Oops, sorry, posted fast...)
Siara wants to shoot Kitt for saying that he has unlimited hot chocolate
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate: The book, so far you only find notes in Elvish referring to the creatures that turn into chickens when they're dead. Any mention of this creature seems to be missing or might be in the other foreign language throughout the book.
Kate:
Kate: (The goo melted into your palm, through your body, and popped up again in your other palm. Just in case I didn't write that clearly...)
Kate: .
Siara blinks as he feels the creature crawl onto his hand, gritting his teeth slightly as the energy is consumed. He looks up for a moment, looking past the creature at Nanteu. "I'm not seeing anything in here about our jelly friend here, it might be in ano-" He stops short as the jelly disappears into his hand, then gasps, almost a yelp of surprise as he feels a rush, then feels it on his other hand. "What in the world...?" He looks to Nanteu, then calls over to Kyle and Angel. "Hey, can either of you read languages other than Common and Elven?"
Kyle shakes his head just trying to get a word out to defend himself as she slaps his chest making his stumble on the ladder catching himself barely- "Woah.. hey, he.. It's was Roo.. He said, that.. "I was a idiot.." -he says coming to a simple answer- "Plus I had this dream, about some other suitor and how your horns could drink blood, and then.. and then.. You clawed my eye out.." -And then he was saved by Siara!- "Well I don't like to brag, but.. Yes.. yes I do."
Kyle:
Nanteu looks at Siara, dumbfounded."That's new," she mumbles, almost whispers to him. She peers at the goo, then hesitantly glances at the book. "I can understand Draconic. Would you like me to have a look?"
Kyle:
Siara points to Nanteu, causing it to float over and realign itself for her to read. "By all means, please do." He the looks back to Kyle and Angel. "Why don't you two come over here for a bit? I'll take a look at the journal again after everyone else has a turn. I couldn't find anything about the jelly in Elven, but there's a couple different ones in there."
Kate: Angel looks at Kyle oddly, then crouches beside him and peers through the trapdoor down at Siara. "I can read Infernal." She then returns her attention to Kyle. She is quiet for a moment, then shakes her head. "Get off the ladder, Casanova. 'Other suitor'...? Who's the first? You?" She smiles playfully, then gives him a small shove to get him moving. "And you have lovely eyes. I wouldn't want to claw them out."
Siara goes back to examining the jelly creature, moving his hand in circles and watching it bob around. He holds his hand out to the other side, nodding in its direction. "Do that again for me?"
Kate:
Siara:
Nanteu flicks through the book a page at a time, slowly at first, as she examines the writing, but once it becomes apparent that there is no Draconic on any of the pages, she moves through much quicker. At the end of the book, she flips the entire bundle of pages so the front page is visible. She looks disappointed. "Nothing in here is in Draconic. Not one verse."
Kyle climbs down trying his best to refuse to blush, then clears his throat and steps forward with his chest popped out- "And yes, I know the language of love.. the Sylvan tongue. I use to read that some of the big game hunters would find Nymphs and Dryads that would grant them wishes." -he glances down at the book shaking his head then back up to Angel and the gang- "What? Don't judge me!"
Kyle:
Siara points to Angel, sending the book soaring over to her next. "Your turn."
Kate
The creature doesn't seem to understand the request, softly moving over Siara's wrist and curling up on itself as if to peer down at Siara's veins. It bobs it's tendril a few times that seems to be acting as the 'head' of its body, then peers back up at Siara before gliding in a ticklish manner up Siara's sleeve and onto his shoulder. It stays there for a few seconds, looking around... then melts into Siara's neck. The shock returns, stronger this time, and more abrupt - yet, you don't feel weakened or sick like you would expect. The goo returns to your palm, half submerged in your skin as it peeks out at you.
Angel climbs down after Kyle and catches the book as it soars over to her. She sends Kyle a humorous glance before scanning over the pages, turning a few. "I don't know this," she says. She reads over a few of the Elven passages, then shuts the book. "He was into some shady stuff..."

Kate: Rooke appears at the top of the ladder. He crouches beside it and offers a tray of food down. "Hey, I found some breakfast!" Angel grins and puts the book down on the table before climbing up the ladder a few rungs to help Rooke bring down five trays of food - buttered bread, warm soup, some fresh grapes, and a small cake each. Rooke climbs down once all the trays are down with them. "You took the goo thing out? Gosh, what the heck is it doing to your hand...?" He peers over Siara's shoulder in fascination.
Siara shivers as the creature sends another rush through his body, reaching up to play with it on his neck before it disappears, and instead reaching down to pet it as it peeks out of his hand. "It's not very smart... But it knows what it's doing. As for exactly what it's doing, I don't know. It seems like an elemental of some kind, the way it easily melds with my body, but it doesn't hurt. You wanna try?" He holds out the hand with the goo to Rooke, then waves his other hand towards Kyle, sending the book to him next. "See if you can read it then. If it's dark stuff, it might be in Abyssal."
Kyle points at Siara looking kinda disgusted- "Are you sure you should be letting that thing.. swim around in ya? Could be a magical leech or brain controlling slug mite.. And as much as I would love to floor you, I don't think I would get much enjoyment if that was controlling you at the time. You should do something with it.." -he then turns to Rooke not sure if he wants to hit the man across the jaw, or give him uppercut for confusing him earlier- "Thank the Gods some food..." -And with that Kyle soon lost interest in the Goo more concerned about filling his stomach up with soup and buttered bread!
Siara:
Kate: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Kyle: >
Siara:
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Siara:
Kate
Rooke shakes his head, taking a step back. "I'll pass, thanks... don't really... like the idea of that thing uh... yeah, swimming like Kyle said... Breakfast?" He leans his back against the table, picking up some of the grapes and popping them into his mouth, one at a time. He grins at Nanteu, then motions at the goo. "So, you going to keep it? It looks pretty bizarre..."
The goo responds to the pats, it's 'head' tilting a bit to appreciate the stroking. As Siara holds out his hand, it suddenly launches itself from Siara and onto the top of Nanteu's head! It peers at her hair as if it confuses it.
Kate: (Wanna allocate them, then?)
Kate: (I'm sorry you guys haven't fought anything so far, just eaten and played with goo all day...)
Nanteu prods at the bottom of her chin with the tip of her thumb as she thinks. "It seems water-based, at least. But the question is, what was your Malakhi doing with it? If he was summoing something into the basement, and trying to create a substance that could take on different forms, then he must have been trying to give the creature a body. But why? Is he out to get someone? Or simply cause hav-" Jolts in surprise as the goo lands on her, then smiles softly, reaching a ahnd up to the goo.
Siara:
Nanteu: she says, then jolts*)
Siara:
Kyle:
Nanteu: < ahahaha >
Nanteu: < he'd probably try and bat it off her >
Kyle:
Siara:
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Kate: The goo melts through Nanteu's fingers and sends a shock through her body before appearing on her shoulder, half out of her skin as it peers about. It starts squeaking loudly, it's body moving with each squeak so you know it is, in fact, the thing making all the noise. It seems to be yelling triumphantly... then melts back into Nanteu's shoulder and doesn't reappear. The squeaking stops.
Siara:
Kate: (You're gonna have to come up with something good to explain how you suddenly learned all those-... no you don't. I has a plan.)
Kate:
Siara:
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
Nanteu: < Uhoh >
Kate:
Siara:
Kate: <... and still not the right one!>
Siara:
Siara:
Kate:
Kate: <...Orc doesn't have a written language...>
Kate: <*whistles innocently*>
Siara:
Kate:
Nanteu shudders, the spark the goo had emitted making her skin crawl, and in turn, making her increasingly worried of its intentions, and just how far it's abilities can go. When it doesn't reappear again, she inhales deeply, as though searching for it herself, but more so in order for her to calm herself.
Siara:
Nanteu: < don't do anything else yet >
Nanteu: < I gotta have dinner >
Nanteu: < so brb >
Nanteu left the chat
Kate:
Kate: <*feels awfully evil and loves it!*>
Kate: <*plays with her new necklace*>
Siara goes back to searching for remixes. >
Kate:
Kate:
Kate:
Siara
< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkphRhsCq3c >
Kyle:
Kate:
Shea joined the chat
Kate:
Siara:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Shea:
Kate:
Siara:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate:
Kyle:
Siara:
Shea: < I'm leaving it up to you.. Brew. It all rhymes! >
Kate:
Kyle:
Siara:
Kyle keeps chewing away and dipping his buttery bread of amazingness into his soup looking up at everyone then to Nanteu- "Umm.. what happen, did I miss something? Or am I just hogging all the butter bread?"
Kyle has yet to see the goo and spoke his worries about the little thing already!
Shea: < Just.. don't do anything that'll embarass her. xD >
Kyle:
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara watches the jelly creature after it leaves his hand, resisting the temptation to poke at it. "Well it's definitely intelligent enough to enjoy being out of the jar... We're still not sure what it is though." He beckons to the book, pulling it back within his reach and tucking it into his pack. "And we shouldn't leave it to bond with us for too long, for that exact reason.>
Siara: "
Kyle:
Kate:
Siara:
Kyle:
Siara: <...well, it'll help keep him from going insane too.>
Siara:
Shea changed name to Nanteu
Kyle:
Kate: Angel leans on the table and starts eating her own breakfast next to Kyle. As she eats, she plays with her spoon, letting it hover above her hand with magic. She's quiet until she turns suddenly to Kyle. "Who'd I end up with in your dream, Kyle...?" she asks curiously, almost slyly. (She never attempted to read your mind. Only to Charm you, and she failed.)
Kate: (She doesn't have the ability to read your thoughts.)
Kate:
Kate:
Kate: (I have 20 mins)
Siara:
Kate: <... I feel alone.>
Kyle isn't even using a spoon and drinking his soup in both hands. After taking a another big swig he snaps back with a short comment- "No idea.. if I had to guess, some asshole.. Probably someone who can make gold out of air. All I remember is my face hurting, and you beeing really creepy with those." -he would say, then flicking one of her horns playfully. "
Siara:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate:
Siara:
Siara:
Kyle:
Nanteu:
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle:
Kate:
Kate:
Kate:
Kyle finishes his bowl of soup finally and then looks at her horn then back to his bowl, and places the bowl to hang off her horn- "Ta da!"
Kyle:
Nanteu: < well im waiting for Kate xD >
Nanteu: < i dont know waht else to do! xD>
Kyle:
Siara leans back slightly, using the tail like a third leg for support while he thinks. "It's a goo monster... Likes energy... It can meld with our bodies... It couldn't be a young lightning elemental though..."
Kate: Angel touches the horn he flicked and raises an eyebrow before popping another grape in her mouth. She watches as the bowl hangs off her horn then smirks at Kyle. "You're weird... also, gold has no appeal to me in a man. I doubt I'd ever consider hanging about with that douchebag in your dream." She takes the bowl off her horn and finishes the rest of her own soup.
Kate: Nanteu, you can feel something flowing through your veins - maybe the goo, or maybe something it secretes, you're not too sure, but whatever it is, you feel a bit... dizzy, but in a good way. Almost as if adrenaline is pumping through you.
Kyle:
Siara:
Siara:
Kate:
Kyle seems to take a pose with his head up looking off at nothing heroically- "Me Weird? No I'm just a thinker, and amazing in all forms. That's why I learned another language even.. Even Nan-two over there can't keep her eyes off me, I swear I think something on my face sometimes."- he smiles, just wasting time
Siara:
Nanteu becomes increasingly aggrivated, but not in an aggressive way. After a while, she starts to bob on the balls of her feet, and then when that isn't enough to burn up the extra energy she has, she starts jumping on the spot. "It - feels - good - though - like I have so much energy i don't know hat to do with it it's as though everyone has given me portions of their strength and it's going around and around in my body and well this very exciting isn't it?"
Nanteu: < i made myself giggle >
Nanteu: < chai is good! chai latte's are good too >
Kate:
Nanteu: < hehe >
Nanteu: < coffee elemental! >
Kyle:
Kyle:
Kate
Angel just smirks at Kyle before standing and brushing her thumb across his chin. "That, dear Kyle, is because you do have something on your face..." She wipes away a bit of spilt soup and wipes it on Kyle's shirt. "And I know three languages... beat that!" She grins a challenge at him.
Rooke is paying no attention to the two younger members of the group, watching Nanteu. "Are you... okay?"
Kate:
Siara blinks and looks up as he hears Nanteu. "Oi, slow down, you're-" His eyes widen slightly, and then he tilts his head. "...energy? It likes energy, so it wouldn't be too farfetched for it to be an unaligned elemental..."
Nanteu: < Mmkay? >
Kyle: I already said that I needz to talk to you also>
Kate: < uh? 'Bout what?
Kate: >
Nanteu "I'm great! Stop worrying!," she says to Rooke, barely breaking pace. She doesn't seem puffed in the least, and hasn't paused her movements for even a moment. "Unaligned? Oh, maybe!"
Kyle:
Kate: < http://us4.chatzy.com/27362454801447 Kitt only >
Kate:
Siara: <...okay, that's freaky, it sounds like there are people screaming a few houses down.>
Nanteu: < grab your bat, Vex >
Kate: The goo suddenly emerges from Nanteu's wrist. The feeling fades away, but unlike adrenaline, it doesn't leave you feeling exhausted. It squeaks a few times, then nestles down on Nanteu's palm in a little gooey heap.
Siara:
Siara:
Nanteu: < Guns aren't manly enough? >
Siara:
Nanteu:
Siara:
Nanteu suddenly stops, then glances at her palm with a peculiar expression. She brushes a finger over the goo's 'head'. "Huh. Well, hello again."
Nanteu: < Mm, just because you feel threatened doesn't mean you should shoot someone. Or.. have the means to. >
Kyle rubs his face standing up and rubbing his chin while he thinks outlloud- "Well.. I know a lot about some monster.. but, sadly I can't beat you there. I never had many books to read, only stories from the hunters that came from Chessmark into the swamp for hides... Father did teach me the forest speak though, incase I run into any tree people or nymphs.." -he seems almost sad re telling this part of his past
Kyle: <*quickly hides his small arsenal of southern hunting guns>
Siara keeps watching Nanteu, focusing on the creature as it emerges. Noticing that Nanteu doesn't collapse as it leaves her, he nods. "A blank energy elemental. It feels like that's what we're dealing with. It's adapting to the energy in our bodies, which makes it feel like we have a lot when it's bonded with us."
Nanteu: < We don't have guns in Aus, so it isn't a problem >
Kyle:
Siara:
Kate: "I wish I knew about this Chessmark place you talk about," Angel says. "I've never been in a swamp before... never left Elmrock."
Nanteu: < Me too. I mean, I don't like the idea of stabbing someone either. i think id just run >
Kate: (I'm off, guys. Catch you later.)
Nanteu: (Bya, Kate! See you tomorrow?)
Kate: (Yeah, maybe)
Siara:
Nanteu: (Mmkay, cya)
Kyle: ROUND
Nanteu: Gotta leave soon - mum wants the computer.
Nanteu: I'll try and wait for Kitt..

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 13 (9th November 2012)

DM: Do we wanna get started now? Set it up and Kitt can fit in when he comes back? You guys can stop oogling the goo.
DM: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e...
Siara: Sure, why not
DM: (Let's talk in parentheses again. The thingies aren't working well.)
Siara: (Alright then)
DM: (Also... how many languages did you add to your CS? Could we take it down to maybe only learning one per level? It does seem strange, even with the bonus I was willing to give you.)
Siara: (Lulz, sure. Did you want me to remove some of them?)
DM: ( Yarr! http://www.multyshades.com/wp-content/up... )
Siara: (I started with Sylvan, Elven, Common)
DM: (Change it on your CS, 'cause you used skills to do some of them.)
Siara: (To do pretty much all of them, actually xD)
DM: (Yup! If you remove them, you'll get some skill points to spend, then!)
Kitt changed name to Kyle
Siara: http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Siara...
DM: (That's still a lotta languages... nvm, it'll be okay. xD)
DM
Nanteu suddenly stops, then glances at her palm with a peculiar expression. She brushes a finger over the goo's 'head'. "Huh. Well, hello again."
Kyle rubs his face standing up and rubbing his chin while he thinks outlloud- "Well.. I know a lot about some monster.. but, sadly I can't beat you there. I never had many books to read, only stories from the hunters that came from Chessmark into the swamp for hides... Father did teach me the forest speak though, incase I run into any tree people or nymphs.." -he seems almost sad re telling this part of his past
Siara keeps watching Nanteu, focusing on the creature as it emerges. Noticing that Nanteu doesn't collapse as it leaves her, he nods. "A blank energy elemental. It feels like that's what we're dealing with. It's adapting to the energy in our bodies, which makes it feel like we have a lot when it's bonded with us."
"I wish I knew about this Chessmark place you talk about," Angel says. "I've never been in a swamp before... never left Elmrock."
Siara: (Common, Elven and Druidic are natural. Sylvan, Gnome and Goblin are bonuses.)
Siara: (I took off all the ones learned through skill points)
DM: (Ya, it's okay. Just I'm amazed at the amount is all!)
DM: (SHEA!)
Kyle: (Is she even here?)
Nanteu: (I'm here.)
DM: (Whoo! Let's go!)
Kyle blankly stares at the wall as if waiting for something, then belching hearty as he stands.- "Now that our stomachs are full, and Nanny-two has her new pet tamed perhaps we can finally start heading toward that town Miskar was spotted.." -he says, moving to the ladder and holding onto it with one hand, then turning to Angel- "Which town was it anyways, you never did say?"
Kyle: (fine I'll spit something out)
DM: "Nateshk, Malakhi's brother," Angel corrects as she takes the remainder of her grapes and cups them in her hand. "The town is Bluestun, across the river and west of here." She stands. Rooke is watching Nanteu with the goo, interested.
DM: (7:16pm here.)
DM: (Last person to post gets attacked first!)
Siara: (I've got a post ready, I don't mind being attacked xD)
DM: (Shea! Run!)
Nanteu transfers the goo to her shoulder, having cupped it's pudgy body with a slender hand. Feeling famished, she strides over to the table as if nothing had ever happened, and plucks her serving of bread from the tray, and started to niddle on the corner.
Nanteu: (Muah)
Siara put the journal away and hefts the warhammer onto his shoulders. "Well, we're not going to find any answers just standing around here, are we? Let's move." He heads for the stairs.
Siara: (Told ya)
DM: (xD)
DM: Rooke follows Siara, picking up what bread and grapes were left on his plate and tucking them into a side-pocket of his pack. Angel follows behind and once at the top of the ladder, races off somewhere to grab her belongings so they can hit the road. Rooke shoulders his pack a little more comfortably and extends a hand down, expecting to help Nanteu up.
Siara: (Oh, Kitt, I have a ton of new Green-Eyed Jealousy remixes for you later... xD)
Nanteu: (starts* I'm constantly missing words)
DM: (Fast forward to outside the city?)
Kyle nods toward Siara in agreement and starts heading heading back upstairs through the castle and back outside ready to hit the road even with all the rain. With a quick flick he tosses up his hood from the royal blue cloak he was given and waits for everyone.
Siara: (Sure)
Nanteu takes Rooke's hand with a smile and tugs on his arm, pulling herself up with his aid. This being her first visit to the castle, she tags along behind the others, as usual.
DM
Once everyone is outside in the rain, Angel joins them wearing her black cape with the hood up to ward off the rain. She now has her pack and is ready to go. You all wander from the city, through the milling commoners as they trade outside the city walls. Angel, the only one who knows where you're all going, leads you towards the river, very near it's mouth where it empties out into the murky ocean.
A man with a boat is waiting there, obviously there in placement of a bridge. He's old and wrinkly, his face puckered and his skin tanned deeply. He lets them all into the rowing boat for no fee and rows them across. (Anything you wanna do while you're being rowed across? Anything you wanna look at? Ask about?)
Kyle: (Vex you missed the best pvp match I've had in a while. It was late, and me and Toker kinda out of it.. we all call mid, team starts to fight and so we declare it's ARAM time and lock in Mord, and Croc.. number 1 and 2 favorite champs of BR land, and we actually won with a all mid team, broke first tower at 8 mins, and got first blood off the bat. It was amazing, Mord Numro es uno )
Nanteu: (*shrug* sorry xD)(this should have my full attention in a few minutes)
DM: (That's all right, Shea)
Siara: (I was kinda wondering what happened to you. First weekend that we didn't talk at all.)
Siara: (w)
Siara glances about on the surface of the water somewhat nervously, keeping Raiden close beside him. "You are sure this is absolutely safe?"
Kyle glances off into the water trying to guess how deep it may be.- 'So how far are we going across?"
DM
"Whut? Yew want tah get off here?" the old man grunts at Kyle. He keeps rowing, corded muscles across his thin arms flexing and rippling despite his slim, almost anorexic build.
Angel smiles and nods at Siara. "It's just a boat... what? Don't you sail or use boats where you come from, Siara?"
Siara glances at Angel, the tip of his tail brushing across the floor of the boat in irritation. "Yes, we had boats, there were two large bodies of water in the forest... We knew there was nothing dangerous in them though."
Kyle: (sense motive the old guy? ALso I have no idea why he asked me that, I was asking how long we going be on the boat)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM: "Aren't nothin' dangerous in here either! Unless you count the crabs, but they'll just grab you, not really do no real harm!" the old man says, continuing to row. He chews on something, glancing across the river behind him. "De forest's the real villain. Hides all sorts of nasties, ain't that right, princess?"
Kyle: (4 I think maybe less)
DM: (You believe he is a very honest, down-to-earth sort of fellow! You would possibly trust this guy with your life!)
DM: (... just saying, you made a terrible roll. You don't sense anything. xD)
Nanteu crosses her legs folds her arms, though not against the cold. Although she has nothing other than her armour to keep her warm, she seems unfazed by the rain - she may even be enjoying it, as she stares drearily into the sky. As if on second thought, she picks up her goo companion, cupping both hands over it to protect it from the cold.
DM: The goo merges in with Nanteu's skin to keep itself warm. With Nanteu protecting it, it doesn't seem too concerned by the rain at all.
Siara relaxes slightly, but doesn't take his hands off of the warhammer. "Forests are never an issue for me..."
Kyle: (So how deep does the water look, and how far are we going?)
DM
The water is moving too much with the rain to let you see how deep it is, and the river across is about 80 feet. The old man grunts and glances over his shoulder as the prow of the boat grinds on the stone bank. He hops over the edge, the water coming up to his thighs, and drags the boat up onto the bank for everyone to get out. "Awlright, ride stops here. Tindomerel, must say... still haven't met the bugger."
"That's all right," Angel says softly as she climbs out of the boat. "Never expected him to come this way, but still... will you keep an eye out?"
"As always, princess."
Kyle calmly sits down in the middle of the boat the best he can while looking off into the distance hoping to see something of home, but to no anvil. When the shoreline starts to come back he hopes out into the shallow part and crosses his arms looking at Angel and the old man as they speak, while shaking his head.- "Hope you know the way, cause I doubt Siara even has a clue where we are at this point."
DM
Angel nods and Rooke hops out quickly, offering a hand to Nanteu as if to help her out of the boat. Angel places her hands on her hips and glances off into the forest. "I used to go to Bluetun all the time. That was where my mother met my father and I ended up being the result of that... meeting." She makes a face and tugs her hood over her face a little more.
"Right, we ready to go? There are a few wild animals and possibly monsters this way, but nothing we shouldn't be able to handle."
Siara stands and hops lightly over the side of the boat after Raiden, watching Angel for a moment before looking back at Kyle. "You'd be correct. I've never been to this part of the world before, and I'm sure you haven't either. I can take the lead, but only after knowing which way to go.
Kyle: (hops* damn it)
DM: Angel softly shakes her head. "I can lead," she tells Siara. "Save you the trouble of having to look for landmarks... there is no real road leading from here to Bluetun. Most of the population are elves and know this part of the forest well."
Nanteu once again takes Rooke's hand, giving him peculiar glance as helps herself to her feet. "That's the second time," she says, with the hint of a smile, and steps off the boat. At the mention of monsters and other elves, she glances about casually, the goo still sheltered by her hands.
Siara joined the chat
Kyle shrugs not really caring who goes where, he feel rather un-threaten by the new landscape.- "There seems to be a nest full of you knife ears on this island...."
Nanteu rolls her eyes as she passed Kyle, suddenly irked by his comment. "Do you always have to use that expression?"
Nanteu: passes*)
Siara "All the better if you actually know where to go." He looks at the forest happily, petting Raiden almost absentmindedly. "A new forest for us to explore..." He then looks to Kyle for a moment with a sly grin. "You should be careful in areas that give home to us knife ears. They'd be all too happy to lead you astray and watch you run in circles until you die~♫"
DM
So far, you can only see the trees towering above you. Angel motions all to follow her as she starts stalking off through the trees. The ground is somewhat sludgey but the shelter of the trees hasn't allowed the ground to soak through completely. Angel shrugs as she moves. "I'm not an elf, Kyle... but yeah, a lot of elves were here to start off with. Started with a small monastery in Bluetun, actually..." She trails off, figuring nobody's gonna be interested.
She cups a hand out to the rain, raindrops gathering in the palm of her hand before they start to dance above her palm. She's obviously just playing around with her magic to pass the time as they walk. (Awareness check, everyone!)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Siara: (Augh, all the bonuses I can't remember... Hold on)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Kyle: (DM... CS Plz?)
DM: (Rooke is awesome.)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 8
DM: ( http://www.protonfish.com/dcalc/?n=Kyle%... )
Nanteu: (every time i swear.)
DM: (Just tell me Raiden's bonus, Siara)
Siara: (Raiden's got 23)
Siara: (Or 25 with Alertness)
DM: (All right, only Rooke and Raiden)
Siara: (Well, Siara's got 15 xD)
Kyle looks down and starts counting off the names as he follows Nantwu- "Well if you like I could use some of the more flavorful names.. Treerats, Leafeaters, Rainstreakers.. So I guess no, I don't."
DM: Raiden might spy something move above them, through the trees. Something white. It smells odd, like... well, to Raiden's nose, like bones. Rooke glances up and sees the flash of white above, frowning and placing a hand on the hilt of his greatsword but not drawing it.
Kyle: (Kyle is racist a tad xD )
Nanteu: (and he's pissing her off xD she won't admit it, though)
Siara senses that something is off about Raiden and looks down. "Hey, what is it?"
Kyle pulls his hood down more not wanting rain to get in.- "Which would you like me to use Manny-two?"
Raiden joined the chat 26 seconds ago
DM
Angel turns to walk backwards so she can keep an eye on Kyle. "Why not just elf?" she asks, then frowns, turning her attention to Siara. "What?"
"I saw something too," Rooke murmurs to Siara, figuring he's talking to Raiden. "Something up above us in the tree branches."
Kyle: (Didn't mean to type that M.. )
DM: (Hehe!)
Kyle: (Must be all the talk of boobs in my head now)
Raiden looks up slowly and whines softly, looking up into the trees.
Raiden: (Augh, too light)
DM: (Manboobs)
Nanteu 's nose scrunches in annoyance, but after a moment she simply lets it go, instead focusing her attention on path ahead. When Kyle brings it back up again, she ignores him, instead stepping to Siara's side in order to put a few feet between her and 'the human'. Though initially oblvious to a possible threat, she treads carefully as the other
DM: (I'm waiting on you guys to make the next move. Now that you guys know there might be something up there, you're free for another awareness or even a search check)
Nanteu: members of the group voice their concerns*)
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Siara looks up in the direction Raiden's looking, not seeing what he's seeing but aware that something's not right. "An ambush so soon? We must be getting famous... Or someone's getting scared~♫" He tightens the grip on his warhammer, trying to see exactly what startled Raiden.
Nanteu: (18 for search)
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Siara: (lolnope)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Kyle and Nanteu)
Kyle: (LOVE ME~! lol Nope -Fizz)
Kyle: (19)
Siara: (Wish there was a way to teach Raiden how to talk, or at least communicate more efficiently Dx)
DM: Kyle and Nanteu, as you stare upwards through the tree branches, you both see a flash of white zoom by overhead before it hesitates on the edge of a branch. You can't clearly see what it is with the rain splattering down into your eyes, but Kyle... you can see it clearly enough to know that it's not moving. Whatever it is, it's almost observing you.
Kyle: (round)
Siara: (Does Fizz really say that?)
DM: (All right. I'm gonna go cook up some sausages for me! Be back very soon!)

Kyle sighs at how everyone is so touchy about names, to him humor can't be filtered! But at Siara and everyone claim he looks up and holds a hand up to stop the water from dropping into his eyes and focuses getting a small glance at it.- "Ahh.. ya'll worrying about nothing.. It's just a forest spirit, they're good luck.."
Kyle: (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mab9id...
Siara 's tail twitches. "A forest spirit... A sylph?"
Nanteu 's lower hand twitches as a raindrop hits her thumb. She blinks up at the canopy, squinting against the other droplets. "It could be anything.. We should keep moving."
DM: (back - sorry, made Mum some food too)


Kyle: (You didn't miss anything, just Kyle blabbing)
DM: (Reflex, Kyle!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Kyle: 16
DM: The thing up in the tree is still for a moment... then suddenly swipes down from the branches, it's white appearance flashing by before it thuds solidly into Kyle's chest, throwing him to the ground. It lands on his chest and just... sits. It is a wolf skull, a red glow from within shining on Kyle's face as the eye sockets stare morbidly at his face.
Nanteu: (holy crap im scared mental imagery)
Siara: (Oh cool!)
DM: (xD! Good!)
Siara gasps as he sees the thing approaching and jumps to the side, unsure if it's aiming for him. He turns to get a good look at whatever it was, his jaw dropping slightly when he sees it. "Is that... what I think it is...?"
DM: Angel moves forward to help Kyle but Rooke catches her arm. "No, wait," he warns her. "A flying skull is weird enough. You don't know what else it can do!"
Nanteu blanks, then blinks repeatedly. With her hands full, she isn't sure how to proceed, so for the moment she just watches from the sidelines, though half-inclined to jump for her rapier.
DM: The goo instantly slides through the flesh of Nanteu's palm as soon as she hesitates. The same feeling as before rushing through Nanteu.
Kyle huffs as he hits the ground, laying there with his eyes closed for a moment before meeting the gaze of whatever was ontop of him.- "Yup.. a Forest Spirit... I hope.. No body help me.. or anything I'm fine.." -He would say trying to back up slowly by crawling backwards
Nanteu looks amusedly at Kyle as he tries to squirm away. "Harmless, you were saying?"
DM: Angel shrugs Rooke off and moves to pick the skull up off Kyle but as soon as she nears, it suddenly rises, hovering in the air to meet her gaze before rushing at her face. She turns her head quickly and both she and the skull rebound off each other, the skull rolling off through the grass for a moment and Angel dropping to the ground, holding one of her horns. The skull rises up quickly and disappears off through the trees.
Nanteu: (woops. missed the goo. ill put it in next)
Siara grins to himself. "Oh, you wanted help? Hold still for a second then..." A playful glint enters his eyes and he lifts the hammer, ready to crack the skull, then quickly lowers it when it rises and flies off. He watches the way it went for a moment, then looks back. "You didn't happen to have a dream involving that skull, did you?"
Kyle snaps back up brushing off his pants, and kicking away any mud that happen to get on him- "Dream, no.. I don't dream much.. And ya, harmless see it was just checking in on us." -he would say remember about Angels ram fight- "Angel your head alright, sounded like it cracked into ya a bit?"
DM: "Just my horn," Angel says. She grins a bit, sitting on the ground and holding her horn. "Always hurts a bit when they hit something hard, but it's better than having a dog skull to the face... what the heck was that!?"
DM: "I give up," Rooke says. "You guys bump into the weirdest monsters and rubbish out here! I'm not sure if it's this place or if it's just... you two." He looks at Kyle and Siara. "Nanteu never seems to run into this stuff, but... then there's that goo... It's probably the combination of the lot of you people that's making all the crazy stuff happen!"
Kyle: (Round, sorry. feel free to move me along and whatnot)
DM: (It's all right)
Nanteu unconsciously starts tapping her palm against a leathered thigh, her head tilted inquisitively at Rooke. "I'm just lucky like that," she says, almost flirtaciously, and then grins a wide, happy smirk. "Didn't you know what you were signing up for?," she adds, her hand still tapping away happily.
Nanteu: (dinner. don;t know how long ill be, could be as long as normal, but dads had a bad day so hes a tad grumpy. he might make us stay at the table for a little bit)
Nanteu left the chat
DM: (okay)
Siara shrugs. "We can't help it."
DM: Rooke laughs and shakes his head, then looks to Angel as she gets to her feet, still holding her horn. "Hey, Siara," she says. "That belt... can I have it? I don't want to wear it, just... can I have it?"
Siara turns his head very slowly to look at Angel fr a moment, unblinking, then reaches into his pack. "Dunno why you would want it, but sure." His hand brushes against the earring and he makes a note to keep that handy later, then fishes out the belt and tosses it to Angel.
DM: Angel carefully catches it, then slides it into her pack. "It may be useful later, is all I'm saying..." she murmurs, shouldering her pack. She glances uncertainly at Kyle, then at the others. "Uhm... let's keep moving before that thing comes back!" She starts walking through the forest once more, her head ducked and shoulders bunched, obviously tense with the appearance of the wolf-skull.
Kyle raises a eye to Angel's request wondering what use the belt could truly hold in the middle of a forest but doesn't stagger on it while moving up to walk a side everyone else, Angel- "Ya, let's keeps going infact. Angel anychance you know of a short cut, or another way to Stuntun? I'm having one of those bad feelings again." -His head moving up to glance at her face, to make sure she was alright then back over toward Siara- "Hey Siara, anychance you think we back tracked?"
Kyle: (http://elohell.net/chill/177830)
DM: Angel frowns and glances at Kyle. "I'm going in as straight a line as I can! It's not like we're taking the scenic route here, if you can't tell!" she motions off to the muddy ground ahead, the looming trees, and the rain splattering on their heads. "The only shortcut we could make now is if you decided to get a piggyback ride on Rooke or something!" (She seems agitated.)
DM: (Whut is it?)
Siara: (Holy shit o____o)
Kyle: (it's for Vex, a character getting max movement speed in the game)
DM: (ok)
DM: (*listens to Apologize*)
Kyle: (Sense Motive!)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Siara looks around. "It's hard to say. We haven't gone very far yet. Like I said though, if this place was inhabited by elves once, there could be any number of illusory traps designed to make us lose our path, and I don't have any magic to see through them if there's any here." He points to Angel. "Do you have anything that grants true sight?"
Kyle: (20)
DM: (Well dayum)
Kyle: (not a nat 20)
DM: Angel shakes her head at Siara. "No, nothing like that. Sensing about for magic would be enough, I think... but this hasn't changed any from the last time I walked here, just saying."
DM: Kyle, as you watch Angel, you start to realize that maybe she's annoyed with you. Whether she's just being overly sensitive or not is a bit hard to tell, but she's obviously frustrated by your reluctance to share what the skull means to you. You can tell she's still a bit sore from having the skull whack into her horn, so that's probably not helping. The rain probably isn't adding to her excellent mood, and something else seems to be pressing on her mind that you're uncertain about.
Siara "If there's anything magical here, you'd have to sense for it. I'm still drained from the ritual, and neither the tail nor the gem can help me in that regard."
DM: Angel sighs moodily before speaking in Infernal, a hand rising to briefly brush over the surroundings. Her eyes glaze over for a moment, then she stops and looks at Siara. "Your pack has magic, my pack has magic, and the trees are normal trees, the ground is normal ground, and the air we are breathing is not magic." She frowns, then shoulders her pack a bit better. "Also, Nanteu has magic inside her - probably that goo."
Kyle rubs his chin thinking about why such a strange event would happen so close to his dream, had to be random chance.- "Hmmm.. It's strange that a skull would show again, guess the Gods have a odd sense of humor." -He chuckles lightly, holding out a hand to catch some water and wash his hands as they walked- "Magic is such a fickle thing, see that's why I'll just stick with solid things, natural things.. Like this rock here, I know it's a rock.. see I can kick it.. and it moves. Simple, and easy no books, no Gods, just me and the rock.."
Siara nods. "It just puts my own mind at ease, knowing that there are no traps here like the ones concealing my home."
DM: Angel flicks her hand back at Kyle. The rock bounces in his hand of it's own accord before dropping back into his palm. "Yet, it and you can both be affected by magic," she says, looking at Kyle. Her voice seems to soften, a little of her aggression fading, but not quite completely gone. "In a world such as ours, there's no escaping the fact that it's there... I'm not particularly good with it, but I know enough to protect myself without a weapon. I mean... you're lucky. You're big and tough, you're a fighter type, but I couldn't do anything with my fists if I tried. Hence why magic is so important for me."
DM: Angel stares oddly at Nanteu for a moment, obviously still sensing the lingering affects of the magic of the goo.
Nanteu joined the chat 19 seconds ago
DM: (heyoo!)
Nanteu: (hallos)
Nanteu: (gah brb)
DM: (Anyone posting?)
Siara: (I can, sure)
Siara watches Angel as she talks to Kyle. "Looks like we all have our woes. Maybe later we can all have a pint and learn more about each other. For now though, we're not getting any drier, or indeed closer to the city."
Kyle try's not to jump as the rock flies into his hand, jumping once or twice before he grips the rock hard to stop it then dropping it as he walks- "Maybe so Angel, but who knows.. there may come a time where magic is outlawed, or even may disappear. That's my point, is you can't count on it..." -Then putting his hand on his hatchets head patting it like a pet- "..but this I can." -he says and then stops to smile poffing his chest out a bit without meaning too- "Did you just complement me Angel? I didn't know I was that big and tough.. Well there is nothing to worry, I'll be your steel vrs steel, as long as you can keep 'them' out of my head."
Kyle: (got bored, posted)
DM: Angel glances back, actually seeming a little amused rather than antagonized. She grins a bit at Kyle, then shakes her head and glances at Siara. "You're right... let's move." She keeps walking, then quickly turns back to look at Kyle, still walking. "I mean... well... I don't look big and tough, do I?" She blushes before facing forward again, head ducked beneath her hood again.
Nanteu: (back, sorry. shouldn't be going again)
DM
The forest thickens, allowing maybe room for two people to move next to each other through the trees, the spaces between them lessening. Angel starts having to watch her steps so she won't trip over roots as she brushes her gloved hands across the bark of the trees. She keeps up her pace despite having to walk a little more carefully - she's obviously been over this route hundreds of times.
Before long, the group exits the cover of the trees and into a large clearing. In this clearing are a few wooden buildings - several have signs outside, but most appear to be residential. Three buildings have the signs outside, there are eleven buildings without signs. All the buildings are arranged in a half-circle around what appears to be a well and an open firepit with a canopy over it. Several elven children are seated beneath the canopy, their hands near the fire to keep warm.
One of the buildings with a sign is a tavern - two stories high. Another appears to be a general store, and the last's words are messed up on the sign as if someone attempted to scratch them off. The signs all hang above the doors of the buildings.
"This is Bluetun," Angel says, then laughs. "Small, right?"
Siara "Not as big as I was expecting certainly. This is where Malahki went?"
DM: "Nateshk," Angel corrects. "His brother."
Kyle: (sorry guys about to go on my round)
DM: (that's ok)
Siara "Close enough."
Nanteu strides swiftly into town, each step hinting at her barely concealed energy. After a while she stops lightly batting at her leg and replaces her tapping with a whistle as an unknown tune floats around in her head. "So.. Do we have an idea why they split up?" she inquires abruptly, breaking tune. "No? Anyone?"
Kyle steps out of the brush still soaking wet, making him huddle for warmth.- "Ya.. tiny, but warm I bet. Atleast this search shouldn't t-t-t-t-ake long.."
DM: "Everyone knows everybody here," Angel says. "If one person saw Nateshk here, everyone would know of it." She looks at Nanteu and gives a small shrug. "I... I've never met Nateshk. I get the idea that they're close, but not like... joined at the hip." She smirks at Kyle and takes his arm, guiding him over to the firepit. The children all quickly scamper off towards a building, not wanting to be in the presence of strangers. Angel warms her own hands over the firepit.
Siara looks around the town. "Not much to see here, is there... Might as well find what we need and keep going when everyone's warmed up." He takes a seat off to the side, watching the group as Raiden trots over to the firepit happily.
DM: Rooke moves near to the firepit, putting his hands over the flame to warm them up.
DM: (If you want more detail on something, just ask for it!)
Nanteu turns about in a circle, surveying the surrounding buildings as she goes. After her second twirl she gradually comes to a stop by Rooke, though she looks unusually distant, especially considering her current state. "Wow. I just realised, aside from Siara I.. I haven't actually seen another elf in a long time. I, uh.." She casts a glance over the fire. "I can't believe I forgot that."
DM: (Also... tomorrow, I will try and be online, but I don't know how the day will pan out. I'm kinda making friends with the neighbour, a guy my age, and he knows we have an Xbox... so, uhm... yeah. Dunno when he'll come over, 'cause he pops in randomly. I'll try and give you some warning first, though!)
Nanteu: (*wink wink* .. well mmkay. you kids stay safe, now.)
DM: Rooke glances at her, smiling a bit before motioning with his thumb over towards Angel. "She's part-elf. Her mother's an elf... the queen, in fact. Not sure if you caught that Angel is a princess or not," he murmurs. "She doesn't really act it, does she?"
DM: (Funny thing is that they've lived here in the same street for the same amount of years that we have... yet we have never bumped into eachother, never seen each other, never even seen him take his dog for a walk with his family! ... met him on the day that we tried to remove the dishwasher and ended up flooding the kitchen. -.-)
Nanteu: (ahahahaha)
DM: (Someone post!!!)
Siara looks at Nanteu. "Elves have become more common to see as of late... My particular kind are still rare though. Are you guys warm yet?" He seems anxious to keep moving.
Nanteu nods at Rooke. "I caught on. And no, she doesn't," she said, and smiled. Glancing to Siara, she shuffled her feet in anticipation. "I don't think I've seen so many children in one area, also," she mentioned, then faced the others quickly. "Now let us go!"
DM: (*peeks*)
Kyle rubs his hand together only once, then starts spinning his cloak trying to dry it before walking off toward the tavern without a word to the group. He can't help but think of no better place for information.
Kyle: (That's fine if ya can't make it, gives me free time to think of some other games, ect.)
Siara grins and follows Kyle. "Smart idea."
Kyle opens the door and holds it ready to make a huge entrance but stops and looks back at the group- "They're all elfs right? You two might want to talking, good chance I may just call the wrong one a treerat and get us all kicked out or step on his magic fairy friend.."
Kyle: (I WANT DETAIL on the bar and peoples!)
Siara flicks Kyle's forehead again as he passes. "That's easy to solve - stop calling us tree rats." He heads into the bar and sees... (What does he see?)
DM
Rooke and Angel follow. As you enter the tavern, you are greeted by the scent of roast pork. Three slim elf men are seated at a long table, a large plate with a huge slab of pork between them. They are all eating and talking quietly - they appear to be the only patrons. They glance up, almost looking guilty as you all see they are eating pork and they lower their eyes, averting their gaze.
A bartender is behind a counter at the back of the room, sipping at a pitcher of ale and watching you all as you enter. He looks fairly young, elven, handsome, and his black hair is tied back in a ponytail, gold eyes glinting. He gives a polite nod to the group as they enter and gently calls into the back room. A slender elven woman enters and stands ready to assist the bartender if they're going to be doing a full order. She's pretty, probably the same age, with long auburn hair and violet eyes.
Nanteu looks at Kyle and snickers. "Yes, probably."
Kyle: (let ya know, this next round will take a bit of time. I got to run the wand back and forth, finish the round, check doors this time, and shave sadly before my boss shows up. So me sitting in the back of this event will be good.)
DM: (All right)
Siara: (We'll just leave your racist ass in the rain, how's that? )
Kyle: (So Shea and Vex become the main characters, push the story ask questions!)
Nanteu glances about the bar, examining its patrons as they wander. She immediately spots the tray of pork and faintly smiles. "Ironic. Now I definitely feel like the only one here who doesn't eat meat."
Nanteu: (mmkay~)
DM: Angel smirks a bit at Kyle before taking his arm and leading him back to the sheltered firepit in the middle of the small town. She sits down with him and warms her hands. Rooke follows Nanteu and Siara in, just in case they need a bit of backup.
Siara: (w)
DM: (brb!)
Siara looks over to Nanteu. "You start asking the bartender, I'll ask them." He holds up a hand to Angel and Kyle, indicating for them to have a seat and wait for a bit as he slowly walks over to the trio at the table. He leas down a bit and speaks to them softly, trying to put them at ease. "Hey, is this seat taken? I'd enjoy the company of my kin for a bit. One can only travel with humes for so long."
DM: (back)
DM: The smallest of the three elves nods to the seat next to him, a piece of pork crackling pinched between his fingers. He has green eyes and blonde hair, probably a little older than Siara - you see a wedding band on his finger. He speaks in Elvish. "Be seated," he says coldly. The other two still look guilty and have lowered their food back to their plates. The blonde elf motions to the pork with a hand. "Would you like to eat? The bartender wants this gone before it starts to decay."
Nanteu nods at Siara and takes herself over to the bar, her demeanour surprisingly calm, given the circumstances. She still feels bubbly inside, but to prevent herself from offending the barkeeper she keeps herself in in check. Upon reaching the counter, she flashes him a warm smile and slowly slides into a seat, placing her arms on the table and crossing them lightly. "This seems a lovely place," she comments to him. "It reminds me of my home. Warm, secure. Have you had it for long?," she starts.
DM: "Since my father's passing, yes," the bartender says with a soft smile. "Eighty-six years now, I believe it is. Would you like a drink?" he offers. The young elven woman stands by, keeping a hawk's eye on Nanteu as if afraid the stranger will do something wrong. You can sense suspicion from her without even needing to really focus on her.
Siara nods and takes a seat happily, laying down the hammer gently so it doesn't make much noise. "I thank you for the seat, and the hospitality." He looks to the pork. "If you would not like it, sure. Meat is healthy to have once in a while, is it not?" He takes a piece and chews it slowly. "Ah, I see why he wanted it gone. It would have turned in the next few days."
DM: The blonde elf nods along to what Siara's saying. Once Siara starts to eat, the other two start to eat once more. The blonde elf appears to have had his fill, so doesn't move to eat any more. He stoically sits silent, watching Siara eat before abruptly speaking once more. "Why is it you have come to Bluetun? You and your lady companion are not alone - the large human is with you." His eyes briefly snap to Rooke (who is standing disconnected from everyone and trying to look inconspicious and doing a terrible job) before returning to Siara. "Just passing through?"
DM: .
Siara: (w)
Nanteu "Eighty-six years! Your father would be proud, I would imagine," she says politely. Her amber eyes pass to the barkeeper's assistant, but aside from the swift glance, she only smiles reassuringly at her, and her attention is then transferred back to the barkeeper, going back to his offer. "I regretfully decline. I would gladly pay you for a drink, had I coin to spare. I'm afraid I do not," she says. As if lost in thought, she glances at the counter, her brow furrowed. "I once heard of a man who is said to leave in these parts. Quite an.. interesting.. individual. Perhaps you know of him?," she continues, purposely vague.
DM
"There are many interesting individuals in these parts, I must say," the bartender says with a slight smirk. His hand hovers over an empty mug as he watches her. "And the drinks are on the house for now... none of us have coin to spare, I'm afraid." He tilts his head slightly to the side, then smiles before looking to the elven woman. "What do you say, Androme? Which of our interesting individuals could she possibly mean?"
"Stop beating about the bush," the woman says, leaning on the counter. "Do you mean Deacon?" she asks Nanteu. "Why are you looking for him?"
Siara nods, taking a moment to finish the piece in his mouth, blinking as the large human is mentioned. He grins and waves a hand dismissively, picking up another piece. "Ah, the human wouldn't hurt a fly without a reason to do so, relax please. As for what we're doing here... Traveling, yes. Traveling and searching." He starts chewing the new piece of pork, choosing his words carefully before swallowing. "We're searching for a wizard, a hume by the name of Nateshk, and heard he came through here. Have you heard anything about him?"
Siara: (Wow, Nanteu's a lot more careful about things than Siara.)
DM: The other two elves' gaze snap to the older. His eyes flare angrily but he keeps his composure. He remains quiet for a few moments, collecting his thoughts before stroking his chin with one hand. "Nateshk is no wizard, nor is he hume. He is an abomination of our kind... if he could even be called that. This whole 'acceptance' theme that the Queen has going at the moment is not acceptable when we are faced with creatures such as himself. Beast... yes, he did come through here." You can see he is on the verge of exploding, his nostrils flaring and his fists clenching dangerously.
Nanteu 's face splits into a grin, and she looks at the assistant with an even gaze. "I'm sorry, you can never be too careful, as I'm sure you know. I'm looking for a man who may have arrived here a number of days ago. He may have even been with another elf.. His name is Nateshk."
Nanteu: (it comes from the places she's travelled to before - it's better to be cautious than to openly throw your own safety/identity out in the open. and I think Siara's naturally more blunt than she is xD)
DM: Both the bartender and his assistant fall silent at the name, slowly gazing towards the floor. The bartender is quiet for a few moments, then suddenly glances up at Nanteu. "He came alone... but... your companion is speaking with the man who can fully tell you about what Nateshk did when he came here. He... is no elf. No elf is so heartless to do what he did. Speak to Reed - the blonde elf your companion is talking with. He is Bluetun's chieftain."
Nanteu dips her head as a sign of respect and thanks, her eyes locking with them both in turn. "Thank you," she says, and leaves her seat. Now puzzled and concerned, she drifts over to Siara's table, and hovers over his shoulder once she reaches them.
Siara 's eyes widen in surprise at the news. "Ah, I was under the assumption he was a hume..." He falls silent for a moment. "But a beast... Quite a startling revelation..." He nods to himself, then looks up, sensing Nanteu nearby. "Oh, hey. Find out anything new?"
Kyle mind wonders as he takes his seat outside staring in the fire for a good long moment silently unsure what to talk about with Angel. Even with all children gone it made the moment that much more awkward causing him to speak up.- "So... Hope they are doing good in there.. Ya didn't have to lead me out though, I could have behaved and sat at the bar I'm sure. Unless you wanted to speak with me about something in private, perhaps?" -he said moving his head back up toward her with that silly grin
DM: The two other elves at the table almost seem a bit pensive. The older elf turns his head away as if to try and collect himself and to refrain from exploding into anger. He switches to Common. "Not a true beast, traveller. In heart, he is a beast, is what I meant. In form, however... he is of elven blood, with another creature. Ogre, orc, troll... some perverse creature that caught his elven mother, I presume." His jaw tightens. Obviously Nateshk did something far worse than just stick his nose about.
Kyle: (wow good thing I didn't go in, I would be bashing heads at this point)
DM: Angel smirked before shaking her head. "No... just... I would have understood everything that was going on in there. If you were gonna talk to me, it would have been very strange balancing two languages at once. I'm not too great at that sort of multi-tasking. I would have ended up talking to you in Elvish by accident." She smiles a bit and shrugs. "My first language was Elvish. Common is my secondary... Infernal was always there."
Nanteu 's eyes flicker to Siara. "Nothing of much importance. At least, nothing you haven't already found out," she says, and motions the elf before he began to talk. After closely listening to what he had to say, Nanteu lightly folds her arms again, head tilted. "Would you tell us then.. what did the beast do?"
Nanteu: begins* has*)
DM: The blonde elf, Reed, the chieftain, is quiet for a long, long time. You both see his lip tuck between his teeth as if he's holding back some sort of emotional response before he coldly, stoically says: "He came here, he went to see Deacon, and on his way out he took my daughter and..." He trails off, eyes shifting angrily to the ceiling and back down. "He had his way with her. He then left, and then this memory gap happened... and now there is a new life within Juna. His spawn. Two months old already." He spits out this last bit, his face reddening with anger.
Kyle sniffles a little wiping his face with his sleeve off to the side.- "Oh.. I guess that makes alot sense, and to think I thought we were goin to have this long deep talk about something.." -He would say then nod, while keeping his weight forward toward the fire, causing him to hunch over.- "So Angel anychance you have some dream magic that can predict the future or something? I know a random question, but after that skull, and other things.. I'm just curious."
DM: "I'm not... skilled in that way," Angel tells Kyle. "I know that some people can use their magic to alter their dreams while in them, but... yeah, I dunno about future dreams and all that. Why? Are you still thinking about that dream you told me about? Where I have a thing for the gold-loving douche?" She smiles a little, then gently nudges his arm. "Was the skull in that dream too?"
Siara watches the elf's reaction curiously. "Well... You obviously have a score to settle. We're looking for him to find any possible explanation to the memory wipe, any leads you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps you would travel with us?"
DM: "However greatly I would wish to avenge my daughter or unborn grandchild, I cannot accompany you," the elf says sharply. "I have duties here... especially with having to now make room for another child. I would suggest you speak to Deacon... that is the original reason Nateshk came here, I believe... do you intend to kill him? If so, I wish you all the luck the gods can give you."
DM: .
Kyle grins then nudges her back- "Well I'm not sure if he loves gold but ya, the skull told me everything.. She was the one that warned me, and told me about how you paint your horns.." -he stops and stares at her then looks up at her horns.- "So.. was the skull right, do ya? If so that could shed some light on if the dream really means anything, but then again. It could be my own head playing tricks and getting me to ask questions I would have asked anyways.. I'm terrible at this ain't I?"
Siara nods. "We will have to get our answers before we kill him, but after that, death may be the only option left for him. We may very well need all the luck we can get... Where might we find this Deacon person?"
DM: Angel stares blankly at Kyle and then self-consciously touches her right horn. "She? N-... no, I don't paint my horns! That's stupid... why would I paint my horns? Gold is a flashy color that catches too much attention! I reckon it was just your head... dreams do weird stuff to peoples' minds. I used to have some pretty wacky ones... I kept turning into a demon and killing my sister."
DM: Reed nods, motioning to the door. "Last house on the half-circle, the one with no upstairs and the curtained windows. He doesn't like anyone seeing what he's doing in there... we let him stay here quietly because he doesn't cause trouble. Most of his kind do, however... don't threaten him. Last person who threatened him ended up going home in a wheelbarrow in several pieces."
Nanteu casts a final glance about the bar, then nods curtly to Reed. "Thank you for that information," she says, and moves half a pace from Siara, now eager to follow up on Deacon.
Siara shrugs. "I can guarantee that neither I nor my companions will threaten him. Well..." He looks over his shoulder at Kyle and sighs. "...most of my companions." He stands and bows gracefully. "Thank you very much for the information, we have a better lead now than we've had for quite some time."
Kyle seems exhale heavily like he was trying to hold something in and happy to let it go- "Oh thank the Gods then.. I mean's I don't got to worry about you mauling my face and blinding me. That would just, ruin anychance I had if that happen. Wait, you have a sister?" (sense motive on that last one)
Kyle rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
DM: (Uhm... you sense she's telling the truth about her horns. If you take a look at them, you can see that the right horn even has a notch taken out of it as if from some impact - it's gold all the way through. As for her sister...)
DM: Angel snorts lightly. "Yeah, she's the heir. How else do you think I'd be running around like this if I were in line for the throne? I was an illegetimite child, so I automatically have no claim to the throne unless there's nobody left of my mother's bloodline. My sister is a pure-blooded grey elf, like my brother was before he died from food poisoning. He was first in line for the throne. Now she is..."
DM: Reed nods and glances towards the other two elves at the table before returning his gaze to Siara and Nanteu. "He gets pissed if you don't wipe your feet before going in. Make sure you do that." With that, he seems to go off into thought, staring grumpily at the pork roast. Rooke waits by the door, ready to go when Nanteu and Siara are.
Kyle: (VEX Kyle and Angel are outside by the fire not inside!)
DM: .
Kyle shrugs having no clue that she wasn't in line- "I didn't know.. I thought if you had the title princess you would atleast be shoved into marrying some other guy for your kingdom, or something. There's nothing blue blooded in me, just a bunch of simple folk with simple dreams. And your big brother is dead from food poisoning, did they ever find out who did it? Cause it sounds to me like your sister may wanted the crown early heh." -he says trying to jest, and not straight claim her sister is a murder
Siara: (Close enough, maybe I saw them through the window xD)
Siara: (Also YAY, love when my router randomly stops transmitting)
Nanteu: (i know what you mean..)
Kyle: (I'm about to have to stop, my boss will be here in like 25 mins )
Kyle: (round)
Nanteu gives a final wave towards the barkeep and his assistant, before turning towards the exit, expecting Siara to be not far behind her. She exits the tavern with a shudder, the chill from the earlier rain biting at her skin.
Siara: (Also YAY, I love how much freakin salt is in this seasoning blend -.-)
DM
"My sister doesn't want the throne," Angel says softly. "She's always arguing with Mother about how she should change the laws so I can be in line... but I don't want the throne either. I like being able to go where I want when I want. Next birthday, I'm leaving Elmrock - intend to go find my father. But... yeah, food poisoning was an accident. My brother was always sickly, it was as if his body wasn't prepared to stop that sort of rubbish from making him really sick."
She's quiet for a few more moments, then huffs a laugh. "Sometimes I wish I had been born somewhere else. Somewhere maybe like this place you say that you come from. I would have loved to have just learned how to speak languages and to actually find them interesting and useful rather than using them for simple diplomatic reasons... Fight monsters every day..."
DM: Rooke follows after Nanteu and Siara.
Siara turns and heads out of the tavern silently, picking up his hammer as he goes. He spots Angel and Kyle deep in conversation and places a hand on Nanteu's shoulder, then holds up the same hand to Rooke, making a "shhhh" motion and indicating for them to wait out of sight for a moment, giving them some time to finish without intruding.
Nanteu looks puzzled as she is stopped, but catches on when she spots the two conversing by the fire. Lightly smirking, she waits for them to finish.
DM: (*sleepy... doesn't wanna sleep!*)
Siara: (Then don't )
DM: (*flails and stuff!*)
Siara: (I've got something that will wake you up, it's a bit loud though)
Kyle: (crap people are waiting on me to shut up)
DM: (No, no musssssssicccc at this time of night... toooo noisssssy)
Kyle crosses his arms and just listens.- "Really, your telling me you would love to wake up every morning to a straw bedding, hours of chopping wood, and being dirt farmers? Did I miss something?"
DM
"You wanna wake up every morning to a tutor being in your face telling you to learn Sylvan when you will never use it? There's only a fight to get past the buerocracy rubbish, then you're free as a bird. There is no physical fight to get where you want where I come from. You want it, you have it... it's too simple. I would have loved to earn up my gold for this sword, for example. But all I had to do was go tell Ozrael I wanted a blade and he gave me one. I like hard work." She shrugs, then motions briefly to Kyle. "I mean... look at you! Like I said, you're big and tough. I don't have that because I came by everything I have far too easily!"
(Butt in when you guys wanna! Otherwise Angel will keep blabbering!)
Nanteu: (dont know how much longer i can go, honestly. didn't fall asleep until about 4AM last night so im running out of everything atm xD)
Siara: (I could step in)
DM: (Heh, we only have like... 10 more mins before Kitt's gone or so. Same for me...)
Siara: (I think I will :3 )
DM: (DO EET)
Nanteu: (mmk. ill hold on xD)
DM: (*sways on feet*)
Siara joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Siara slowly steps around the corner of the doorway and walks up behind Angel and Kyle, leaning forward so that when he speaks, he's right beside each of them. "Hey lovebirds. Gonna chat the day away?~♫"
DM: (Imma do a reflex save!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Angel knew you were there all along. *sage nod*)

DM: (I think Kitt's gone now...)
DM: (I should be gone too... *sleepy wave* Soooo tired...)
Nanteu: (*collapses*
Nanteu: (night guys.)
DM: (Niiiiiiight)


Nanteu left the chat
DM: *mumbles* Never mind the bath, it can waitfortahmorrooooo...
DM: 'Night Vez
Siara: (Ha, naito)
DM: *vex
DM: ... *VEX
DM flomps on the floor, unconscious.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 pm by Kate Orchix

NPC List (Both Main and Alternative Sessions)

Abron - half-elf mistakenly turned into a royal guard, gave his cloak and honorary longsword to Kyle Green, lives in a house in the forest down the road from Elmrock Keep

'Angel' Tindomerel Imirie - Image here, illegitimate daughter of the Queen of Elmrock Forest, a bard tiefling with elven blood, travelling with 'the group', based in Elmrock Keep

*Caratacos 'Cara' Meireadhaigh - a large human fighter hailing from Davenport, great fist-fighter and bar-brawler

*Crow Thorn - Image here, human wizard hailing from near-Corvis, friendly sort, married to Merta

(Captain) Blake Dixon - human fighter, former Captain and owner of the ship Ailosacath sailing from Elmrock to Sturtmok. Deceased at the hands of a pirate named Captain Fraud Rose.

Dalen - human ranger, an Elite of the Royal Guard Force, had a half-brother who was a druid but died, owns a tiger named Hindi

Deacon - Image here, Nateshk's contact, lives in Bluetun, knows of powerful magic-users, is fairly adept with magic himself, appears ageless, has a pretty important deal with Siara (more info needed!)

*Hannah - a human bard who worked for the dwarven bartender Karton in Blindside Alehouse, temporary love-interest for Roland Chance, off adventuring now

Hrognar - dwarf with one arm who lives in a hut (Siara's wakening) in the forest south and west of Elmrock Keep (south of Bluetun)

Hunma - lunar elf having been moved through time and space to enter Yerthae... or the world that Elmrock is in. The incident happened 15 years ago.

Hyna Liadon - Image here, drow monk, briefly travelled with 'the group' but is now a drow translator in the Queen's court in Elmrock Keep, romantic with Ozrael

Jan - human commoner, works as a blacksmith at Hammer and Thongs in the City of Shaw Docks. She also owns a brothel, heading it up as matron.

Juna - Reed's daughter, bearing Nateshk's unborn child, lives in Bluetun

*Karton the Bartender - owner of Blindside Alehouse

Korte Bardsbane - Image here, human barbarian, Captain of the Judit, aided the party in a pirate attack, also from 'the other world'.

Lydia - Image here, works with Jan at Hammer and Thongs. She has long, wavy orange hair, a shapely body, and plump red lipstick-stained lips.

(Doctor) Marlen - human cleric of the goddess Saraphuez. He is a doctor, black-haired, six-foot, steel-eyed, toned body. He is a pretty bad flirt, and unsuccessful.

*Merta Thorn - Image here, human fighter, tough woman married to Crow, from near-Corvis

Molly - works with Jan and Lydia at Hammer and Thongs. She is beautiful, displaying plump lips, long-lashed eyes, a gently sloping forehead and perky nose, her face the shape of a heart. Her hair is ringlet-y, black, and long - down to her waist. She works the Rodden Rows of the City of Shaw, Sturtmok.

Nalwi Imirie - grey elf aristocrat, Tindomerel's mother, ruler of Elmrock Forest based in Elmrock Keep, the Queen, or 'her Ladyship', lives in Elmrock Keep

Ozrael - Image here, half-orc fighter, Captain of the Elite Royal Guard of Elmrock Forest, lives in Elmrock Keep, romantic with Hyna Liadon

Sandi Ramsbottom - a human rogue living beneath the docks of the City of Shaw, in Sturtmok, great thief and pickpocket, a beachcomber. Wears a large coat and hides all his 'wares' and 'findings' beneath it.

Sonia Tillman - a human commoner who owns 'Tillman's Books' outside the City of Shaw, Sturtmok. Her father, Tillman, came to Elmrock in a similar matter as the party - through a rip in time and space - and died, passing on his business of keeping in touch with similar individuals to Sonia. She is nineteen years of age, small, brunette, and has a button nose.

~Rafael - 'The Immortal' - the 'Old King's advisor. Supposedly was around for a long time and is still alive now, apparently has a very sharp mind, excellent tactician, competent swordsman, and is rumored to be in many locations including the lake country, the beaches, and the mountains

Reed - elf chieftain of a small town to the west of Elmrock Keep called Bluetun, lives in Bluetun, father of Juna

Rooke - Image here, human fighter, travelling with 'the group', father of three children, born from a bandit background - left the lifestyle only recently

Tarn - Image here, young green dragon male, disguised as a human, a 'prisoner' of Malakhi who taught him how to manipulate time and matter with some special power, apprentice of an unnamed 'Master' he calls 'Old Fart', he refers to Malakhi either by his name or 'Old Frog'

*Yukami 'Blue Orchid' - a lunar elf thief who made friends with Caratacos down in Davenport's Deep Mines, now dead

Confirmed Enemy NPCs

Ella - a drow rogue working alongside Nateshk

(Captain) Fraud Rose - Image here, half-elf pirate captain, killer of Captain Blake Dixon, wears a red cape. Fate unknown at the hands of Korte Bardsbane's crew.

Jock - a gnoll cleric working alongside Nateshk

Kruk and Eruth - two gnoll barbarians, now dead, with the loot of a magic hearing-aid-earring and a gender-switch belt

Malakhi - Wizard or sorcerer of elven blood, Nateshk's brother

Nateshk - Malakhi's brother, apparently not a nice guy, of elven blood

Penny - half-elf commoner in-charge of Kruk and Eruth, now dead, a letter belonging to her is now in Siara's possession

Samec - half-elf blacksmith, working with Nateshk and Malakhi


GOO:

No Goo can move through fabric. Every Goo is immortal and cannot be killed.

Tour - Green-pink goo that reacts to heat and power. When he melds with a living being, he offers them two feats of his own. Uncanny Knowledge: If Tour rolls above 15 on a d20, his host succeeds a knowledge check even if their own roll was too low. A fumble is still an auto-fail for the host. There is a rare chance that Tour can grant knowledge of things that his host never knew before, such as a language. Unconscious Defence: Host can never be caught flat-footed. Tour will add his hitpoints (20 hp) to his host's if theirs is lower than -1 hp. The feeliing of Tour melding with someone is like a caffeine high, but does not add any bonuses.

Marble - A semi-see-through white and cloudy goo, Marble is not attracted to heat or power. She prefer objects or individuals that she can expand upon, fix, or empower. Unlike Tour, she can meld with both living and non-living things. Unconscious Defence: Host can never be caught flat-footed. Marble will add her hitpoints (20 hp) to her host's if theirs is lower than -1 hp. Mysterious Additions: Marble can bond with living or nonliving objects. Either way, she gives the new host a, or many, new limbs and appendages and grants them bonuses. (Weapons may grow extra unusual bits and pieces, not limbs.) The feeling of Marble melding with someone is spiky and dangerous, like the nastier side of an adrenaline rush without the energy. There's also some evidence of lingering moods that pass through her from her last host.

Onyx - A black goo, Onyx is fairly quiet and not attracted to anything in particular. In fact, he might even be considered shy. Unconscious Defence II: Host can be caught flat-footed. Onyx will add his hitpoints (20 hp) to his host's if theirs is below -1 hp. Rock of Sleep: Onyx can meld with an individual and briefly shut down their nervous system, causing them to fall unconscious. He can be used as a weapon in this respect. (He can peaceably meld with any living individual, but does not offer many bonuses except for Unconscious Defence II.) The feeling of Onyx melding with someone is sluggish and almost a little sleepy, like being a bit too full on food but without the discomfort.

???

???

???

???

???

???

???

???

???

???

Last edited by Kate Orchix on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 am; edited 24 times in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 pm by Kate Orchix

Locations A:

Chessmark -

Corvis -

Davenport - A city on a seaside cliff southeast of Corvis - not much for trade, but most of their economy is based on mining. The place is notorious for it's gambling, smuggling, and the slave trade. The Davenport Deep Mines were a place that slaves or criminals were sent to work - few got out alive due to the monsters reportedly inhabiting the tunnels and caves, along with the worst-of-the-worst being all penned up together. (Caratacos and Roland are from here. Rooke was here before he lost his memory.)

Tenve - A nation to the far North of Corvis full of 'barbarians.' (Home of Korte Bardsbane)

Vilhon Reach - A place where the locals are very protective of their home. (Nanteu was born here.)

Locations B:

Elmrock Forest

Elmrock Keep

Bluetun - apparent location of the 'start' of Elmrock's civilization. A small place despite what it's history indicates. The original Bluetun was a magnificent monastery, but now it is lost in the forest and a small town nearby has been named Bluetun in its honor. Bluetun has a tavern, general store, mysterious shop, and eleven unmarked buildings arranged in a half circle around a covered firepit and public well. The bartender has been tending to the tavern for eighty-six years, since his father's death. (Reed, Juna, and Deacon live here.)

Last edited by Kate Orchix on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 pm by Kate Orchix

Maps

YERTHAE

WIP World Map
Spoiler:

WIP Partial World Map
Spoiler:

ELMROCK:

Elmrock Forest:
Spoiler:

Elmrock Keep Palace Details:
Spoiler:

Windwater Hall Basement:
Spoiler:

Blindside Alehouse:
Spoiler:

Deacon's House:
Spoiler:

CLETA'S ISLAND

Pella Esse Korta:
Spoiler:

Beneath Old Hall:
Spoiler:

Beneath Old Hall 2:
Spoiler:

Beneath Old Hall 3:
Spoiler:

Beneath Old Hall 4:
Spoiler:

Beneath Old Hall 5:
Spoiler:


STURTMOK

Sturtmok (City of Shaw, South)

Whole Thing:
Spoiler:

Docks:
Spoiler:

Streets:
Spoiler:

Rodden Rows (Slums):
Spoiler:

Doctor Marlen's Clinic (lower floor):
Spoiler:


Last edited by Kate Orchix on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:50 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 14 (10th November 2012)

Kate: Figure summat ooot.
Nanteu joined the chat
Ikitt: (No need Shea is here!)
Kate: (SHEA!)
Nanteu: (Whoa, looks like I arrived just in time.. sorta)
Kate: ( http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4551-e... History just above this post)
Kate: (Yes, just in time! I would have had to try and remember where we were up to on the other! xD)
Kate
Kyle crosses his arms and just listens.- "Really, your telling me you would love to wake up every morning to a straw bedding, hours of chopping wood, and being dirt farmers? Did I miss something?"
DM
"You wanna wake up every morning to a tutor being in your face telling you to learn Sylvan when you will never use it? There's only a fight to get past the buerocracy rubbish, then you're free as a bird. There is no physical fight to get where you want where I come from. You want it, you have it... it's too simple. I would have loved to earn up my gold for this sword, for example. But all I had to do was go tell Ozrael I wanted a blade and he gave me one. I like hard work." She shrugs, then motions briefly to Kyle. "I mean... look at you! Like I said, you're big and tough. I don't have that because I came by everything I have far too easily!"
Siara slowly steps around the corner of the doorway and walks up behind Angel and Kyle, leaning forward so that when he speaks, he's right beside each of them. "Hey lovebirds. Gonna chat the day away?~♫"
DM: (Imma do a reflex save!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Angel knew you were there all along. *sage nod*)
Ikitt changed name to Kyle
Kate: (*sips at Ch'i and nibbles on Halva*)
Kate changed name to DM
DM: (*... runs off to the bathroom*)
Kyle: (Halva sounds nasty, and looks it too.. Also HI SHEA!)
DM: (Sesame halva is yummy!)
DM: (Where is everyone?)
Siara: (Back nao)
DM: (cool! Who's posting next?)
Nanteu: (late response again but HI KITT AND EVERYONE)
DM: (HI!)
DM: (Kitt... round?)
Kyle groans when he stands up feeling the stiffness fade off.- "Lovebirds would mean I'm getting somewhere Siara.. But ya, I'm tired of waiting out here in the rain. So what did you learn any leads, ideas, evil dooers that I need to kill?" -He says (Yes ROUND >,< otherwise it would have been longer, plus a recap would be nice)
DM: Angel just smirks at Kyle's comment before waiting on the others to tell them what they have to go do. Rooke only heard half the conversation seeing as he doesn't understand Elven, so he leaves it up to Nanteu and Siara to do the explaining.
Siara nods and stands back up. "A lead, yes. Someone by the name of Deacon lives in this town, he might have some info for us. Lives over there." He points in the general direction of the half-circle Reed mentioned. "We just need to be careful about how we approach him."
DM: "And he knows where Nateshk is?" Angel asks.
Nanteu "Probably not. But he may give us an idea of where he may be heading."
DM
Angel stands, stretching her arms above her head and tilting her head back. An audible click echoes in the rain as her shoulders crack a bit before she lets her arms swing back down to her sides and shoulders her pack a bit more firmly. She starts moving through the rain towards the last house of the half-circle that Siara pointed to. "So careful how we approach him, huh?" she says. "I guess, first, that means we... knock."
She stands on the door mat, looking up at the house. It's made with black wood, the windows either boarded up or covered by curtains inside, a stone chimney protrudes from the roof, and it is has no upstairs to it. The house seems like it might have several rooms despite its small size. "So, uhm... someone else knock. This house is giving me the creeps." Rooke lightly laughs at Angel's comment.
Siara "We were told, among other things, to make sure to wipe our feet before entering his home. Given that a town guard is giving us those instructions, we'd be dealing with quite an eccentric character." He turns and takes a few steps towards the house, before looking over his shoulder at Kyle, giving him this face -> http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/052/285/1268891287892.jpg "Oh... Kyle? Try not to threaten him. I don't have the magic to put you back together if you do."
DM: (Town chief, but... whatever. Counts as both. xD Mayor/Chieftain/Protector/Father)
Kyle: (Ahh we are still trading wands, meaning I'm having to walk a lot more and waste time)
DM: (Okay)
Kyle races ahead of the group to the door holding his hand up ready to knock- "Don't worry, I doubt I'll ever need you to put me together. I can be rather tough and thick headed with I want to be." -He then knocked on the door with three rapid taps on the wooden door looking over his shoulder- "Houses shouldn't care you, it's what inside that should.. Wait should I be the one talking to him, or should I stay in the back with Rooke?"
DM: The door creaks open of it's own accord as if an unseen hand tugged it open.
Siara just sticks out his tongue playfully and points his thumb over his shoulder. "Get back, you'll piss him off."
DM: (Just finishing up the house map... won't be a second)
Kyle: (scare* not care )
Kyle holds both hands up stepping away from the door behind everyone else making sure to rub pass Siara, Angel and Nanteu- "Fine, fine.. I'll stay in the back and watch the show, plus I remember now why Rook is always back here."
Nanteu watches the crack of the door, taking one step foward as Kyle passes her. "Uh. Sir Deacon?," she whispers.
DM: ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
https://2img.net/h/i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/Kotorchix/deaconshouse.png
DM
Rooke smirks at Kyle. "I bet I'm a better diplomat than you are... not that my background is any indication!" He huffs a laugh, watching as Nanteu takes a step inside the doorway.
The room beyond is dark, Nanteu, but you can clearly see a table and four chairs in the centre of the small room. In the corner, you can see a rocking chair next to a small table. There are two closed doors on either side of the room - the one on the right is slightly ajar and you can see the light of flames through the crack of the door.
"Come in," a strong voice says from that door. It is distinctively human, deep but not gravelly. It's more... a classical voice. One you would almost expect to speak honeyed words or sing opera.
Kyle: (ROUND again, and more walking to both buildings.. ehh >,> )
DM: (Again? Wow, okay)
DM: (Elves, you're up. Angel and Rooke can linger with Kyle by the door until Kitt's back)
Siara: (I'm going in, in case something happens.)
Nanteu: (nanteu will follow. you go past her)
Siara follows Rooke in, trying to remain as relaxed as possible, but ready to move if something happened. "Dark in here..."
DM
Rooke steps off to the side, unsure. He murmurs softly to Nanteu and Siara. "Kyle and I can stay here at the door, make sure nothing's going to happen in here if he does something strange or calls for help for some reason..." Angel nods along and leans against the doorframe, hand gently resting on her hip.
"I'll stay here too," she says.
Nanteu shuffles her feet against the ground just in case, and proceeds through the door behind Siara. A hand hovers habitually over the rapier at her hip, but she remains calm, although her usual, curious self when entering unfamiliar territory. Nodding to Angel and Kyle, she makes hr way over to the glowing door, and lightly nudges it open with her free hand.
DM: A man is standing over a cooking pot at the firepit (check the map, ask for details if you want more detailed descriptions =P) with a long wooden spoon in his hand. He is tall, noble-looking, dressed in fine, warm fabrics and sporting white hair. He is clean-shaven and doesn't appear to be too startled at their appearance, his face locked in one expression. ( http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff46... )
https://2img.net/h/i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/Kotorchix/deacon.png
DM: (Everything on the map, so long as you're in the room, is plain to see. There may be other stuff you don't notice at first glance. It's basically just a guide. )
Siara bows respectfully on entering the room. "Apologies for intruding. We are searching for someone, or perhaps something, and we were told that you could possibly shed some light on the situation. Would you be able to help us?"
DM: The man looks at Siara a long moment, then dips his eyes to the pot before bouncing the edge of the spoon on the rim to knock off the remaining droplets of the soup he is making. "Did you wipe your feet on the mat outside?" he asks.
DM: (Will saves, everyone. Even Kyle, Rooke, and Angel need to make these.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 14
Siara rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
Nanteu rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Siara:
DM: (17 for Rooke, 13 for Angel... just gonna look something up... xD)
Siara: (Siara is 19, Raiden 14)
DM: (Got your mod there, Shea?)
DM: (I'll roll for Kyle since I have his CS here.)
Nanteu enters the room and stands off to the side to make room for Siara, having dipped her head at Deacon upon entering. She grins widely at Siara before glancing back to Deacon. "I did," she whispers. "We did, yes," she says aloud.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (15 for Kyle)
Nanteu: (what am i looking at?)
DM: (Saving Throws - Will's total)
Kyle: (sorry like I said, I'm going to be off and on till we get this wand fixed)
DM: (That's okay. I just rolled a terrible Will Save for you. xD)
Nanteu: (17 for nanteu)
DM: (All right! Everyone, tell me what each of your characters is thinking right at this very moment!)
Nanteu: (well Nanteu's curious but slightly on edge! she's wondering what Deacon will say and how he's going to react to them. not much, really)
Kyle mind couldn't focus well with both Nanteu and Angel ahead of him, and now that he was stationed outside he couldn't get there rear views out of his head- """" I wonder who weights more, Angel or Nannytwo.. Or how Rooke would scale both of them, what sevens? No no.. probably nines I bet for him... Creepy older guy and all."""
Siara: (You're gonna be as bad as Roland... Siara is looking directly at Deacon, somewhat intimidated but trying to relax - "Focus, remember your training... Remain calm during negotiations, that's the only way to succeed." Raiden is standing close to Siara, outwardly fine, but nervous inside - "Big dark house in a storm... I don't like this place. Hurry up so we can get out of here...")
Nanteu: (yay for vagueness! everyone just kicked my ass.)
DM: (xD! This guy is worse than Roland... and that's okay Shea. Just needed to know the gist.)
Kyle: (Well I could go into more detail with curves, and legs ect if you like?)
Nanteu: (kitt! xD)
Siara:
Kyle: (I'm just being in character, he was behind two young women, then left outside with nothing else to stare at and is still thinking on how Rooke would judge both of them)
Siara: (Slightly off-topic, have you ever played the Mana games?)
Kyle: (Legends yes)
Siara
(You might like this, it has a similar feel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lXw6I4ZQs )
DM
Deacon stirs the spoon through the pot a little more, his eyes travelling down to the spoon and remaining on the pot for a few moments. His silence is unnerving, almost as if he's already completely at ease with you... or at least, that's how he appears to be. He glances up to Siara once more. "Nateshk is long gone," is all he says. "Reed has already tried to speak to me about his matters here, but I am afraid that all knowledge comes at a price. I cannot tell you what I spoke with him about. I do not know where Malakhi is." He stares both Siara and Nanteu in turn before continuing to stir his soup.
"Attracted to warmth...?" he suddenly mumbles, snapping his gaze to Nanteu. He glances down at her torso as if seeing through her before frowning. "Curious. You found it in his basement?" Without further ado, he suddenly puts down the spoon, rounds the firepit and snatches up a stick of fire as he goes, moving it near to Nanteu. Instantly, the goo peeks through her palm, searching for the greater energy source and waving a little tendril towards the flame.
Deacon seems very fascinated, hovering the flaming stick near to the goo for a while as he peers at it before shaking his head and tossing the stick back into the fire pit.
Siara 's eyes widen in alarm and he takes a slight step back. Raiden whines up at him softly and he takes a slow, deep breath to settle back down. "As you say, knowledge comes at a price. What is yours?"
Nanteu seems shaken at the amount of Deacon's knowledge, as well as his unnervingly calm attitue. She reacts especially surprised as he walks towards her with a flaming piece of wood, though she knows that he had only intended to use it to draw the goo out. She backtracks but a little, and her hand cups the goo protectively as it peers out of her other palm. Watching he and Siara, she stays quiet for the moment.
Kyle: (I am making food, while I got time)
DM
Deacon folds his arms across his chest, moving back to his previous spot on the other side of the firepit, putting some distance between himself and the others. "I won't simply sell this knowledge. I know Reed's intent is to kill Nateshk, but doing so would disrupt a balance that exists between Malakhi and the people of Elmrock. If I tell you of Nateshk's questions or his location, I have no confirmation that you would stick to any promises that you make concerning whether or not you will kill him."
He resumes stirring the soup. "Malakhi has gained far too much power recently. Nateshk, surprisingly, balances power better than his brother does despite his vicious tendencies... hence why letting you know where he is would bring disastrous results if you were to kill him."
Nanteu: (dinner. bbl)
Nanteu left the chat
Kyle lazily rests his head back on a wooden post gaze up at nothing while he waits for the girls to return.- "So Rook, when ya going to make your move on Nannytwo? Cause ya may want to hurry, with us being in this encampment of all elfs.. You heard how happy she was seeing another elf and the little ones."
Kyle: (I will talk with Rook! while I eat)
Siara: (still w, longish post)
-Deleted for Siara-
Siara: (...fck.)
DM
Rooke softly chuckles, keeping his voice low so Nanteu and Siara won't over hear, keeping in mind this time that elves tend to have good hearing. He doesn't seem to be too worried about Angel listening in seeing as she's leaning against the nearby doorjamb of the exit outside. "Heh, I dunno... she seems to be warming up to me, so it's a good start. Only known her a day..." He glances past Kyle, tilting his head a bit so he can see through the kitchen door to look at Nanteu.
"I get the feeling knowing a girl for a day is new for you," Angel softly says with a smirk.
"Mm, yeah... usually they just hop straight into bed with me," Rooke agrees then softly laughs. "I don't actually get to spend a lot of time around women that are actually... desirable, I must admit. I like the pretty girls who know they're girls, if you catch my drift." He glances to Kyle.
Siara: (Just delete that, would you? xD)
DM: (*deletes it from history*)
Kyle: (nope didn't like it much, never really changed)
Kyle: (My music taste is EVERYWHERE)
DM: (Kitt!)
Siara takes in the words and thinks for a moment. "We don't want to kill him. We have no reason to do so. At least, I don't. Not yet." He tilts his head for a moment, confused by the new information. He stands the warhammer on its head beside him and leans a bit to the right to rest his weight on the walking staff. As he does, the green gem he set into it glows softly for a split second before fading. "You clearly know how to read minds. Not that my permission would make much difference to one with power such as yours, but you are free to search my mind - I have no intention of killing him." He reaches down and picks up his tail, playing with the tip almost absentmindedly. "That being said, we have no other leads on the recent memory wipe. For now, we only seek answers - a reason or explanation as to what caused the memory wipe and why. If you can't tell us where Nateshk or Malakhi are, can you at least tell us whether they were involved in it, directly or otherwise?"
DM: (I just did 10 pushups. Your turn.)
Siara: (Thank you, Keine. Also, didn't like what, the music or the game?)
Kyle: (I did 10 also! And ya, Vex didn't like the song)
Siara: (Aww)
Siara: (I swear, I can't pin down what you may or may not like, but I keep trying anyways. Dx)
Kyle: (Also I love how the two only spells Kate has really used in D&D are the two Roland used xD)
DM
Deacon watches Siara, almost as if taking him up on his invitation to probe his mind. He is quiet for a while, then snaps his attention back to the soup. "Malakhi was directly involved. Nateshk did some research and tasks for him, so he was also involved in it... but others helped Malakhi reach this... strange development."
He is quiet for a further moment, then sets the spoon down in the soup before glancing past Nanteu and Siara towards Kyle, Rooke, and Angel. "The princess... hm, right from the top. Maybe this is more important than I thought..." He takes the pot off the fire and sets it down on a kitchen counter to cool. He keeps his back to them for a wee while, obviously thinking.
DM: (Detect thoughts and what?)
DM: (oh, Charm person. xD)
Kyle: (charm)
Kyle: (Ok I'm feeling alot better, pain pills, workout, coke, and food all there)
DM: (good!)
Kyle: (Kate latter if you want I have some good spells for you and your NPC )
DM: (I got some good stuff here. That was the only one that suited the situation though. xD)
Siara nods slowly as he takes in the news, then bows graciously, keeping his head low. "I thank you for that information. I won't push my luck on the matter, but I do understand that there are balances in the world that must be maintained, regardless of dark or light. As I said before, we only seek answers, nothing more. If you would share the location of either Nateshk or Malakhi, then I give you my word as a druid and a Lunar Elf, I will take it upon myself to prevent my traveling companions from harming either of them." He slowly looks up to Deacon - as he does, the gem glows brightly for several seconds before finally going dark once more, and his voice becomes softer. "I will kill them myself if I must."
DM: (Rooke responded)
Kyle: (My net DC)
Siara: (Feels like we're gonna get some rain soon)
Kyle snickers a bit at Angel's amazingly timed comment, then turning and smacking Rooke's shoulder in good jest. -"Heck ya, I doubt Rook ever has to do more then look there way before there rushing up into his room. But on a serious note.. " -he says turning back to Angel, eyeing her golden horns.- "Why are you out here with us two simpletons? Shouldn't you be using all that royalty training in there to get some answers? I'm sure the title of princess has to come with some power."
Kyle: (That's all we have here since Sandy just cold rain, wind, a