FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D 3.5 Chat History - Ikitt's Group

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D&D 3.5 Chat History - Ikitt's Group - Page 2 Empty D&D 3.5 Chat History - Ikitt's Group

D&D 3.5 Chat History
Ikitt's Group

Crew: (By order of appearance)

Dungeon Master - NPCs - Ikitt
Richtor Barsten - Male Dwarf Fighter - quakernuts
Britta Bardsbane - Female Human Barbarian - Kate Orchix
Eschaton - Male Lunar Elf Cleric - BinaryMelody
Cauta Asfintit - Female Tiefling Rogue - GuiltyCarrion

THE DEAD:

None. Yet.

Note: Links from Sessions 1-6 are broken. Some links may show up that lead to nowhere, and most 'blanks' in a person's comments are emoticons that weren't able to display. Some emoticons translated badly to the page and mucked up the formatting - these are too numerous for me to fix, so I'm going to leave them as long as they don't do anything to the history and only affect the cosmetic side of this thread.

Also, all of Eschaton's OOC chatter from Sessions 1-6 should be showing up as blanks. I will try to get around to fixing this, but it will take a while.

Contents:

An Explanation

Session 1 (July)

Session 2 (July or August)
Session 2 1/2 (Britta)(July or August)
Session 2 1/2 (Cauta)(July or August)

Session 3 (August)

Session 4 (26 August)
Session 4 & ½ (27 August 2012)
Session 4 & ½ (31st August 2012)
Session 4 & ½ (1st September 2012)

Session 5 (2nd September 2012)

Session 6 (9th September 2012)

Session 7 (16th September 2012)

Session 8 (23rd September 2012)
Session 8's Ending (29th September 2012)

Session 9 (30th September 2012)

Session 10 (7th October 2012)

Session 11 was short. (Check Session 12 for notes)

Session 12 (8th December, 2012)

Session 13 (14th December, 2012)

Session 14 (25th January, 2013)

Session 15 (26th January, 2013)

Session 16 (27th January, 2013)

Last edited by Kate Orchix on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 22 times in total
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

D&D 3.5 Chat History - Ikitt's Group :: Comments

Kate Orchix

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:42 pm by Kate Orchix

(Last post - a little extra OOC stuff, nothing too important.)

Session 9 (30th September 2012)

Britta cleared the room
Britta: .
Britta rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 2
Britta rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 4
Britta rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 1
Britta rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 3
Britta: ...
Britta: Ghrogtghtrothu!!!!
Cauta joined the chat 27 seconds ago
Richtor Barstens joined the chat 17 seconds ago
Britta: Hey
Richtor Barstens: heyo
Cauta: Where are the others? Late, that's where.
Britta: Nope, we were all ready about 3 hours ago
Cauta: Richtor, why are we always on time when they can't be bothered?
Eschaton joined the chat
Cauta: I don't see them
Cauta: XD
Eschaton: As a matter of fact, I can.
Britta: Kitt's on a round
Cauta: Sarcasm
Richtor Barstens: cause
Cauta: You failed your awareness roll.
Britta: Daylight savings has started, so I'm really confused right now! XD
Britta: Rich, y'know what's going on today?
Richtor Barstens: ((nope))
Britta: ((Kitt's letting me DM after Gunther. ))
Cauta: ((Fire, brimstone...usual stuff.))
Cauta: ((I saw Looper tonight.))
Britta: ((Looper?))
Cauta: ((New flick with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon Levitt.))
Britta: ((Ah'kay))
Cauta: ((Good flick, in my books.))
Britta: ((So, we all good to go once Kitt comes back?))
Eschaton: (Yup_
Richtor Barstens: ((brb, family came back))
Britta: ((ok))
DM joined the chat
Britta: ((Hey. Rich's on a brb))
DM: )So what's happening?_
Eschaton: (Just waiting for you)
Britta: ((For Gunther part))
DM: Cauta and Eschaton are you two fine adventurers wanting to sell your hard earned loot?
Cauta: ((Perhaps.))
DM: Oh you want me to skip to Gunther part?
Britta: ((I'
Britta: ((I
Britta: ((I'm happy either way. This'll take two sessions after all with the timing.))
Eschaton: (Unless there's something that can be done with it, yeah)
DM: Alright what do you wish to sell, and where are you going to sell it? If you need me too Git will show the way to all the shops.
Cauta: ((Has Britta already done it, along with Richtor?))
Eschaton: (Where can I have the agate appraised? Probably gonna keep the moonstone)
Britta: ((Only Britta has done it. Also, is this gonna take place in the morning or straight after the adventure before Cauta's appointmetn with DUmas?))
DM: (Britta too the quick route and just took half price for scrap metal at Stick's & Stone's)
DM: (I believe I already gave you the prices Eschaton)
Eschaton: (What was it, 5g or 50?)
Cauta: ((It was 10.))
Eschaton: (Overshot AND undershot. -facefaults-)
DM: (I can ether give you the mini game version of selling, or we could RP it. I'm fine with both.)
Eschaton: (Minigame?)
Britta: ((Morning or the evening right after the adventure?))
DM: (The mini game is this simple. You get 1/2 the whole price. A Diplomacy check gives you 60% and a failed check gives you 40%)
Eschaton: (Eh, I'll stick with 10g)
Eschaton: (12 vs 8 won't make or break)
DM: (Honestly this can be done after the talk with Dumas or before which ever fits your story better Kate)
Britta: ((After talk with Dumas))
Cauta: ((Hrm.))
DM: (How this would work is you find the right buyer, they offer the 50% cause they have to make money off it. And you can try to barter it too 60% but if you fail it becomes 40%)
Cauta: ((need to rumage up the axes price...))
DM: (Your looking around 1400 GP for the axe GC)
Britta: ((... *jealous!*))
DM: (no need the bane sword is the same cost almost)
Britta: ((I kept that. ))
Britta: ((I kept the two throwing axes too since Britta has no other ranged weapon))
Cauta: ((Cha-ching.))
Cauta: ((Is there anything practical that can be done with Malachite?))
Richtor Barstens: ((Puppet me around))
Richtor Barstens: ((I'mma be a bit))
Cauta: ((Kate has no luck.))
DM: (If you have a craft skill, yes)
Britta: ((Mmmmm))
Cauta: ((I have a poison craft skill, is malachite a reagent for poisons?))
DM: (Sorry 1400 is the base price I was setting the axe at. And no, it's a jewel)
Cauta: ((Then worthless to Cauta.))
DM: http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/min...
http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/minbis/malachite/6bzb-malachite-cab5.jpg
Cauta: ((Aside from being pretty.))
Cauta: ((1400 base for the axe, so straight up, Cauta could get 700 gp for that thing...))
Cauta: ((840 if she passes the check...))
Cauta: ((560 if she fails...))
DM: As Eschaton and Cauta getting pointed by Git in Lowtown to a old looking building that is just a little ways from the church they entered before almost being killed. The house is rather large, patched together with several wooden beams and inside would be dealing with a familiar face. Mary the Pawn Shop owner. They shop i sfill with random nick-naks and you can just feel the magic coming off several items that don't look like they should be magical.
DM: (I was bored.. you don't got to roleplay, but this is what's happening)
DM: (Or who your selling items with)
Eschaton sighs and rubs at his temples lightly. "...too much magic."
DM: Mary taps her head before pointing at you while Cauta pondered about the axe- "Oh you get it.. you have the knack I can see it."
DM: (Kate!)
Cauta glances about, giving a slight nod to the familiar face behind the counter. "A pleasure to see you again." She offers only a cursory glance to Eschaton. "A blessing and curse, is it?"
Britta: ((??))
DM: (Take notes! xD j/k)
Britta: ((I'm taking history and DMing later... I CAN'T TAKE NOTES!!! ))
Eschaton nods and reaches into his pack to fish out the agate and moonstone. "More than you'll ever know..."
DM: (Britta can be here if she wants, also she could have gotten the spoon from this event. As Britta was the 100th customer or something heh)
DM: (A Good Lock (80gp) barkskin +2 (potion) (300gp) arcane scroll containing: » 1. cat's grace (lvl 2, cast 3) (150gp) » 2. blur (lvl 2, cast 3) (150gp) arcane scroll containing: » 1. detect thoughts (lvl 2, cast 3) (150gp)lesser restoration (potion) (300gp) remove fear (potion) (50gp)
DM: (Just a bunch of random scrolls and potions in today's stock)
Britta: ((I already made mention of the spoon earlier. She found it in her bag and gave it a WTF!?!? look, then put it back.))
DM: (Cauta you going to risk it, or take the flat amount?)
Cauta: ((Debating...))
Cauta: ((140 gp is a lot of coin...))
Britta: ((We'll just say Britta went straight to Sticks and Stones to sell off the weapon and shield.))
Richtor Barstens: ((And I'm Back))
Britta: ((Yo!))
Cauta: ((Actually, the shopping takes place...before or after Dumas?))
DM: (After would help Kate more)
Richtor Barstens: ((We selling stuff?))
DM: (ya, trying to make it quick and easy for you all)
Britta: ((Either way it is fine, actually. So long as it doesn't take place the next day when the mission begins and we get our pay from Gunther.))
DM: (Richtor you wanting to sell stuff, just give me a list of it.)
DM: (How this would work is you find the right buyer, they offer the 50% cause they have to make money off it. And you can try to barter it too 60% but if you fail it becomes 40%)
Cauta slides the axe from her pack fluidly, placing it on the counter before tossing three of the four malachite chunks beside it. "What are you willing to pay?"
Richtor Barstens: ((I'll sell my stone warhammer...since that's all I got to sell really))
DM: (Did I give you the price of the malachite?)
Cauta: ((10gp.))
Cauta: ((Lots for a rock.))
Eschaton: (Well malachite is prized for being such a deep green, and the patterns that form in it naturally
Eschaton: )
DM: Mary would snatch of the set of stones peering closely at each one, before moving on to the next one- "Hmm.. Pretty green stones.. Green's may favorite color ya know? I'll give ya 16 gold crowns for the stones.." -then she picks up the axe looking at it as if in a staring contest- "GRAMPS!" -you hear a older mans voice in the back mummer something- "How much for a pyro enchanted chopping bit?" -she can see her cuffing her ear before speaking again- "Alright.. 705 gold pieces for the axe.."
DM: (you* not she..)
DM: (Richtor you want to take the auto 50% or risk getting more or losing more?)
Richtor Barstens: ((Better take the auto 50))
DM: (65 gold)
Richtor Barstens: ((done))
Cauta rubs her chin, as if debating her choices. "721 gold pieces for them all..." After a moment, she nods. "Fair enough. You have a deal."
DM: Mary quickly tags them, then throws them up on the counters, and hanging to the axe- "Good doing business... Anyone else?"
DM: (Anyone else?!)
Britta: ((Britta's happy at Sticks and Stones with her new money. Come on guys!))
Richtor Barstens: ((Selling my stuff?))
Eschaton steps forward, juggling the agate and two scrolls in one hand, then catching them between his fingers and laying them lightly on the counter. "How much for these three?"
Cauta steps aside, thumbing rapidly through the coins while her lips move in wordless murmurs. Once she's satisfied the money is all there, she spares a glance to Eschaton.
Cauta: ((I'm laughing at Cauta's coin total right now. XD))
DM: (What was the price I gave you?)
Britta: ((... 666?))
Cauta: ((>.>))
Cauta: ((You're so silly, Kate.))
DM: (Vex did you write down there prices or do I need to go find them again?)
Cauta: ((Agate is 10 GP.))
Eschaton: (I didn't, but I can look up the scrolls)
DM: (Ya what scrolls are they?)
Cauta: ((I've already looked at em. the light cures?))
Cauta: ((or wait, the jump?))
Eschaton: (The Jump and the Bear's Endurance from earlier)
Cauta: ((He never listed a price for Jump...))
Eschaton: (Bear's Endurance is 150)
Cauta: ((Aye, since you already used the Water breathing.))
Eschaton: (The Cure Lights were potions though, I think Richtor took them)
Cauta: ((Not like you can just sell half the scroll. >.>))
Cauta: ((I think one to Richtor, one to Britta.))
Cauta: ((I think one to Richtor, one to Britta.))
Cauta: ((And Richtor also took the Bull's Strength.))
Richtor Barstens: ((I didn't record it...))
Richtor Barstens: ((I took the bull strength thingy))
Britta: ((I did. I have one, you have one, I think.))
Eschaton: (So Bear's Endurance 150, Jump unknown, agate 10, necklace undetermined)
DM: Mary takes her time pulling out a magical lends to hover over them- "I'll give you 13 gold for the Enchanted Jump.. and 80 for the Bear's Endurance.. we always seem to run out of those, they are mighty popular with the younger lads."
Cauta: ((No one else took it. You might have missed Cauta telling you to take it.))
DM: She simply flicks the Agate- "Five gold coins for the stone.."
Eschaton tilts his head, then nods. "That will do."
Eschaton: (98g, I think that's alright.)
Britta: ((Richtor left.))
Richtor Barstens pushes the elf out of the way
Richtor Barstens: "I'm tired of luggin around two warhammers! How much for the stone one!?"
Cauta: ((*counts fat stacks of money*))
Eschaton slides a few inches to the side after catching his balance, brushing off his robe.
DM: Mary jumps back feeling the heavy weight of the warhammer hit her table- "Ehh.. Hammer.. tools.. Ummmm.." -she seems to be whispering to something under her feet not that you can see what it is- "I'll give ya 65 gold coins for the extreme craftsmanship of this stone one. And.. eh, 10 gold for the simple steel one.. I'm sure I can scrape it."
DM: scrap*
Richtor Barstens: ((No longer have the steel one, had to drop it))
DM: (Oh nevermind that last bit then xD)
Richtor Barstens: "MORE DRINKIN MONEY! DONE!"
DM: (Alright we ready to go get paid again?)
Cauta: ((Always.))
Britta: ((Yup!))
DM: Once reaching the Mule's Sack you can already hear the talk of Git explaining things to Gunther the best he can, trying to get his favor. And above that get full reward after all, the delivery was late. Git- "Oi come on Gunth, how many times have I been late before.. I'm telling ya, the whole story is true." Gunther- "Ehh still I had to delve into my secret stash just because your lot didn't come through.. "
Britta: ((TO THE MORNING! ONWARDS!)
Eschaton: (New alignment for Cauta - Greedy Neutral)
DM: (Britta this is where you take over, you can deem what the party has earned on there failed quest GOOD LUCK)
Britta: ((Oh... I thought you were doing this part. XD All right, uhm...))
DM: (Cauta better check for trap.. you know what, take a natural 20 can never be too sure xD)
DM: (I set it up for you, plus I got to do a round)
Britta changed name to DM KATE!!!
Cauta: ((You're just jealous because Cauta was crafty.))
Git joined the chat
Eschaton: (Esch doesn't care much for material possessions like money xD)
Git: (Not here doing round)
DM KATE!!!: Britta seems to have already made her way from Sticks and Stones back to the bar ahead of the others. She glances at them as they arrive and makes a snorting sound before murmuring to them: "Gunther doesn't like how late we were."
Richtor Barstens: "Well tell that prick in there that if he was so damn desperate for whatever drugs he wants for his brew, maybe he should have gotten it himself!"
Cauta: ((And that's why Cauta's the boss. She has the head for these things.))
Richtor Barstens: "After all, we only had to fight through an entire catacomb to get the shit."
Cauta sighs. "As much as I'd like to agree, the deal was before nightfall. And we most certainly failed to come through..." She crosses her arms, tapping her chin in thought as her tail flicks about in minor annoyance. "However, work isn't free, timeline or not..."
DM KATE!!!: Gunther pauses in his conversation with Git as he notices the others come in. His beard juts out for a moment as if contemplating how to deal with the others, then leans forward over his table, hands planted on the surface. "So what Git says is true, and the barbarian woman confirms it... but it still doesn't deserve the 100 gold I offered."
DM KATE!!!: Britta folds her arms across her chest. "We did even MORE work than we were meant to down there!"
Eschaton steps forward. "I beg to differ. I don't think you comprehend just what we had to go through down there, of which you mentioned nothing."
Cauta listens for a moment, shaking her head, but seems willing to let the others speak their peace. She isn't their nanny after all.
Richtor Barstens: "Here's a question...just how desperate are you for these mushrooms of yours?"
Richtor Barstens: "Because, let's say, we fail to deliver them if we aren't paid for the job that was supposed to be easy and turned out to be a damn death trap."
Richtor Barstens: "We could walk out of here, with the very items that you need in hand...unless you're willing to pay us our full due."
DM KATE!!!
Gunther puts a hand up to stop Esch from going on. "Git filled me in as best he could... if it is indeed true." He glances towards Britta, then down at the new blade at her side. "Perhaps you got enough loot down there without being paid..."
He blinks at Richtor, then his eyebrows bush downwards. "You are not in possession of them. In fact, it sounds like Git here was doing all the collecting."
Richtor Barstens: "Yes...but Git was in on the deal as well, was he not?"
DM KATE!!!: ((very quick brb.))
DM KATE!!!: ((back with dinner))
DM KATE!!!: Gunther moodily shifts his jaw, beard bristling before he leans back in his seat, eyeing the others. He contemplates them for a long moment, then grunts. "50 gold each."
Cauta steps forward, not wanting to let the deal be spoiled by any further words. "A gracious offer. I will accept, and hope the others will as well. Hopefully this unforeseen...mishap won't damper future business between us."
Richtor Barstens: "What now?"
Richtor Barstens: "promised 100, get 50 for twice the work just because we're a day late?"
DM KATE!!!: Gunther nods to Cauta, then turns his attention on Richtor, then smiles smugly. "Business, lad."
Cauta: "A deal is a deal, Richtor. We fell through, whether it was intentional or not. That's the way business works."
Cauta: ((I love how they have the same comment essentially. XD))
DM KATE!!!: ((XD! I feel so mean...))
Richtor Barstens looks ready to say something, eyes them both, before taking the money and storming out...muttering something about not wanting to take the night to sleep in a dangerous catacomb
DM KATE!!!
Britta looks disgruntled. She leans on the table, looking at Gunther with a vicious expression. "Did you know we got locked down there?"
"... yes. But that was out of my control."
"Or WAS it?" Britta leans a little closer. "You sure you're not selling us out? Because if it's going to remain at 50, I may just think that you had someone lock us down there in the name of 'business'."
DM KATE!!!: Gunther glares at her a moment, then motions at Cauta. "Get the damn dwarf back in here. I'll make it 60. We're leaving it at that, however!" He counts out the appropriate coins and leaves them in little piles on the table - one with 10 gold coins for Richtor to collect if he comes back. "Now I'm going to bed! Bother me no more this evening!" He grabs his mug of ale and trundles off.
DM KATE!!!: Britta looks at Cauta, smirks, then takes her own coin and stuffs it in her purse. "I'll give this to Richtor tomorrow morning..." She scoops up the extra ten gold.
Cauta shakes her head. "You think that's wise. Reputation is worth more than 10 coins, Britta." She takes her earnings, casting a look at Gunther's retreating back. "Biting the hand that feeds."
DM KATE!!!: Britta shrugs. "He deserved it. He was ripping us off... I'm pretty sure that the guy who locked us down there wasn't hired by him, but... He has a reputation to keep too. I'm going to bed... feed the chicken."
Eschaton shrugs and picks up his share of the coins, letting them slide into his pack gently.
Cauta: "Is that what they call it in Tenve? He could have left us without a copper, and you feel the need to gouge him." Cauta waves a hand dismissively. "Don't keep it waiting. Tell Richtor I need to speak with him if you see him."
Git: (Muahahah, yes.. DM Kate.. DM more..)
DM KATE!!!: ((I did ok?))
Git: (Yea, keep going. *whistles* They grow up so quick..)
DM KATE!!!: (( Can we skip to the morning?))
Cauta: ((Bite the hand that feeds...))
Cauta: ((If Richtor's awake and about? No.))
DM KATE!!!: ((Britta didn't feel she was being fed enough.))
DM KATE!!!: ((Where did Richtor go?))
Cauta: ((Careful. When you bite the source, it doesn't always come back with more.))
Cauta: ((He stormed off.))
DM KATE!!!: ((Richtor, where'd you storm off to?))
Git: (Vex FB plz)
Git: kicks up his feet letting his jacket touch the ground- "I do think the stunty went to go piss away his earnings. Heh."
DM KATE!!!: Britta glances at Git, then shrugs. "Well... I've got a sixth of his earnings until he returns. Goodnight." She turns and goes down to her room in the Mule's Sack. Once there, she finds Herc sitting on the bed looking morbid, a neat little pile of chicken poo in the corner of the room.
Eschaton joined the chat
Git: (Well with Richtor not here what will you do Kate?)
DM KATE!!!: ((Sleep. Time skip to the morning. Everyone okay with that?))
Eschaton: "The next morning..."
Richtor Barstens: .
DM KATE!!!: Britta is down in her room with Herc, cleaning up the chicken poo. She fell asleep before she could do anything about it and now Herc is watching her with a criticizing gaze. Up in the bar, the barmaid (what was her name?) is tending to the counter and any customers.
Richtor Barstens: ((I only have about 20 minutes left, work tomorrow morning))
Cauta: ((...weeeelllll.))
Richtor Barstens went walking around town for a bit before returning to the inn and sleeping off one hell of a night in a mushroom infested graveyard
Cauta: ((That certainly puts a skid on things.))
DM KATE!!!: ((I guess this thing will have to go ahead next week. We can still get it into the 'starting' stage.))
Richtor Barstens walks into the bar, sitting up on a stool and ordering another pitcher of ale
Cauta: ((Alrighty.))
DM KATE!!!: ((Everyone post what they are doing this morning. Kitt, what's the barmaid's name? Julie?))
Git: (Jill!)
DM KATE!!!: ((Knew it started with J!))
DM KATE!!!: Jill gets Richtor a pitcher of ale, setting it down before him and extending her hand for the 15 coppers.
Cauta spent the night, typically, examining her scroll and sorting through the various coin she'd earned the previous days. The information obtained from her meeting with Dumas still tumbled around in her mind, but she'd need time to properly sort out a course of action, other than thanking Gilladan for his broach. Once sleep claimed her, her dreams were uneventful, and she awoke refreshed from the taxing trials of the day before. Which left the immediate task of securing the dwarf...
Richtor Barstens hands over the 15 coppers
Git: (Most of my names are simple.. )
DM KATE!!!: Jill pockets the coppers and then moves on to serving other customers. For this time of day, the number of customers is rather lacking, only a few regulars sitting in the corners nursing their beers.
DM KATE!!!: ((Let's try and keep this solid up until quake has to leave, can we?))
Git: would have spent most his night restocking his fine crafted wooden box full of potions and other 'tools' before passing out in his small hole in Riverside. He would awake early though to make sure he could catch up with Cauta again at the Mule's Sack. His morning route was the same after all, and would start with some free snacking from the Mule's kitchen.
Cauta emerges from her room, morning rituals complete and her hair tied neatly back into it's fishtail braid. She wastes little time heading for the bar area, knowing full well that's where she's most likely to find Richtor...and sure enough, she does. "Isn't it a little early for drinking?"
Richtor Barstens: "It's never too early to be drinking, and never too late to be drunk."
Eschaton returns to his room and sets his pack beside the door. He digs out the moonstone, gazing at it and admiring it for a moment before holding both it and the leaf pendant close to his chest. Closing his eyes, he hovers a few inches over the ground, sinking deep into his meditation for the night. As he woke, he softly whispered a prayer of thanks to his goddesses for safety on his journey before touching back down and heading out to the bar.
Cauta: "I'll take your word for it." She climbs into a stool beside him, tail coiling around the legs in an absentminded manner. "So, my offer still stands, if you're interested." The tiefling pauses for a moment before adding. "And Britta has some coin for you."
Richtor Barstens Richtor perks up
Git: (Oh you finally going to get everyone's contract in order. Might I add Git is on the otherside of the counter but he is too small for you all to see, and he is listening in)
Richtor Barstens: "Money? I love money."
Richtor Barstens looks to Caute
Richtor Barstens: "And do you mean becoming your personal lackey? What's the going rate?"
Git: (round)
DM KATE!!!: ((ok))
Cauta nods slightly. "She wrangled another 10 gold out of Gunther for you." She's quiet for a moment, as if considering her options. "Well, I suppose that really depends on what you're willing to do, Richtor."
Richtor Barstens: "I hurt things on your command. I kill things on your command. I protect your life, and those which you assign to my caretaking as well. I'll follow your orders for as long as you are paying me. Anything to do with fighting, I'll do. Anything not to do with fighting, you're better off finding someone else."
Richtor Barstens: ((And I'm going to have to cut it there. Sorry guys.))
DM KATE!!!: Britta trudges upstairs, her backpack over her shoulder. For once, she actually looks presentable, her hair tied back in a loose braid that falls over one shoulder and her clothing neat and presentable along with her armor. Fresh and clean, she actually doesn't look quite like she's the barbarian sort. She plonks herself down on a stool next to the others, gently setting the pack down on the floor next to her feet. "Well... I believe that wasn't just one long, mucked-up dream seeing as I have a few pretty nice new scars on my belly... Good morning."
DM KATE!!!: ((That's okay. Goodnight!))
Richtor Barstens: ((I will talk to you guys later.))
Cauta: ((Later.))
DM KATE!!!: ((Might as well cut it here for the rest of us too. Play next week, a little earlier?))

FLASHBACK!!! (Cauta and Esch on the lifts around Riverside.)
Spoiler:
…. Missed some history, unimportant stuff… hoarding some… mwahaha.

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:47 am by Kate Orchix

Session 10 (7th October 2012)

Kate cleared the room
Kate: Hey
Eschaton: Step aside ladies and gentlemen, the cleric is in the house
Eschaton breaks it down
Cauta joined the chat
Kate: Any news?
Richtor Barstens joined the chat
Kate hugs Guilty.
Cauta: Merry Christmas?
Cauta is hugged
Richtor Barstens: STEP UP OR STEP DOWN CLERIC!
Git: Happy Birthday
Richtor Barstens: SE THIS DWARF JUST GOT ALL UP IN YOUR FACE!
Cauta: DJ
Richtor Barstens: KNOCKIN YOUR ASS
Cauta: SPIN THAT SHIT
Richtor Barstens: ALL OVER THE BLOODY PLACE!
Kate: O.O
Eschaton spins to win
Richtor Barstens: Taakin da hammar!
Richtor Barstens: Swingin it around
Cauta: And now we get to see how terrible Quaker is at improv rhyming...
Richtor Barstens: can't think up a rhyme for hammar
Kate: Gamma
Richtor Barstens: SO FUCK YOU CLOWNS!
Cauta: Case and point.
Eschaton: I don't think anything does rhyme with it
Cauta: Hammer, grammer
Cauta: *grammar
Eschaton: Anything else? >u>
Richtor Barstens: yeah...
Kate: Purple and Orange are the only things that can't fit rhymes.
Richtor Barstens: but I was trying to be dwarf-ish
Git: Yup.. that taste purple!
Kate: Right! What are we doing?
Cauta: Unless you're Eminem, because he just MAKES words rhyme
Git: I would suggest someone getting the past history.
Kate: Somebody get the link. I'm too lazy.
Cauta: Currently...I'm going to go grab a slice of pizza
Kate: NOOOOO
Eschaton: I'm busy being DJ Lunar
Git: DM can't be lazy! Otherwise they are TERIIBLE DMS!
Eschaton unce unce unce
Richtor Barstens: Speaking of DM's
Richtor Barstens: No offence to Kate
Richtor Barstens: But I don't think it's a good idea to have the DM be a player as well
Richtor Barstens: I don't think it really works
Git: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4515p3...
Kate: (( http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4515p3... ))
Kate: ...
Cauta chuckles
Richtor Barstens: What?
Git: Why is that? If your talking about me, I'm just sitting int he back enjoying my freeday
Cauta: No, he means with Kate being DM and having Britta about
Kate: I can easily drop Britta. I never made a slot for her to fit in anyways.
Richtor Barstens: Well do you plan to always be the DM?
Kate: NO!
Kate: GOSH, NO!
Kate: NEVAR
Cauta: She's just for her quest, dude
Richtor Barstens: Cause then you've just given up your character
Kate: I can drop her for this sidequest, is what I mean
Cauta: Just like how Ikitt is gonna saddle me with Alduske if we go there.
Kate: She can... go kill a half-elf or something
Richtor Barstens: OOOOOoooooooooooooooh
Richtor Barstens: ok
Kate: Spend a day in jail with the chicken.
Cauta: Don't kill Esch's admirer.
Git: Richtor Barstens: "I hurt things on your command. I kill things on your command. I protect your life, and those which you assign to my caretaking as well. I'll follow your orders for as long as you are paying me. Anything to do with fighting, I'll do. Anything not to do with fighting, you're better off finding someone else."
Eschaton: Watch Esch be like "Ah, Alduske, so many memories..."
Cauta: You'd have to be informed of Alduske prior to make those memories, dear BM.
Richtor Barstens: Cause I was thinking that if you're a player and a DM, you're always there knowing exactly what's going to happen, which means you can have your character do the exact right thing, or argue constantly with yourself on 'if I have my character do this, is it technically God modding?"
Eschaton: Well he IS 110, he's done a bit of traveling
Git: (That was the last line. And don't worry I got a heavy leash on this game Richtor )
Kate: I think the way I play Britta as slightly... stupid, is to my advantage in that case.
Kate: I know what's going to happen, but she'll be taking a back-seat on this sidequest
Richtor Barstens: okey dokey
Richtor Barstens: So
Richtor Barstens: ((Cauta, you up then, if that's what Richtor last said
Richtor Barstens: *))
Kate: (There's only one special thing in this for her, and that'll be outta the way shortly... it's not loot, so you can't be jealous.)
Cauta: ((Lemme just get my grub...))
Kate: (Just so we know, how long is everyone gonna be able to last?)
Git: (My God.. I'm forget how country this place is sometimes)
Eschaton: (All night baby, oh yeah)
Richtor Barstens slaps the elf
Eschaton: (...I'm sorry, I'll just go throw myself under a bus now.)
Richtor Barstens: ((She's too young for you bro!))
Git: (I called the other S/O at the other building, see if he wanted some pizza. He said "Nah man, I just ate my lunch, I'm fuller then a pig in mud.")
Git: (I called the other S/O at the other building, see if he wanted some pizza. He said "Nah man, I just ate my lunch, I'm fuller then a pig in mud.")
Richtor Barstens: ((Did you say "You do realize pigs don't eat mud, they bathe in it right?))
Kate: ((Guilty saying grub... how very country.))
Git: (No, it's the right saying.)
Git: (It just made me laugh, kinda like "Hanging in there like a hair in a biskit" )
Richtor Barstens HAS CHEEZIES!
Kate: (I still think that's an awesome saying... *is jealous of everyone and their food*)
Cauta: ((Pizzaa...))
Kate hits Cauta for mentioning pizza!
Kate: ... or Guilty
Kate: RIGHT!
Git: (( New York style pizza.. I got here, and Fudge donuts ))
Kate: ...
Kate slaughters everyone.
Kate loots their bodies.
Kate eats their food.
Cauta: ((Alright Quaker, it's contracting time.))
Git cleared the room
Git: (BAM Bish)
Kate: NOOO
Eschaton: Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Cauta: ((...I AM NOT SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH YOU. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.))
Git: (ROUND)
Eschaton: (Oh shit. /flee)
Cauta: ((Now, I need to determine a solid enough contract that won't make me broke in five days...))
Eschaton: (Guilty, you never stop surprising me xD)
Kate: (3 silvers for untrained. I think it's 5 per day for trained)
Richtor Barstens: ((Really, all you need to do is cover the expense of travel, and give him enough to help him get a few drinks...everytime he stops in town...))
Kate: (So, 1 gold every 2 days)
Cauta: ((Hrrrm...
Cauta: ))
Kate: Britta trudges upstairs, her backpack over her shoulder. For once, she actually looks presentable, her hair tied back in a loose braid that falls over one shoulder and her clothing neat and presentable along with her armor. Fresh and clean, she actually doesn't look quite like she's the barbarian sort. She plonks herself down on a stool next to the others, gently setting the pack down on the floor next to her feet. "Well... I believe that wasn't just one long, mucked-up dream seeing as I have a few pretty nice new scars on my belly... Good morning."
Cauta: ((Time for my diabolical scheme to inspire intense loyalty from the dwarf...)))
Kate: ((Aye))
Richtor Barstens: ((Free drinks for the duration of his contract))
Richtor Barstens: ((Undying loyalty))
Eschaton: (But that would drain her purse rather quickly)
Richtor Barstens: ((She said loyalty, not cost effective ))
Eschaton: (Cue Guilty rewriting the paragraph he was about to post...)
Kate: (Long paragraph...)
Cauta barely nods as Britta arrives, thinking quietly to herself for a moment. "You're skilled, I've seen that first hand. It wouldn't be wise to underpay you, so how does five silver a day sound?" She spares a glance at his drink. "I can't cover all your essentials, lodging and the like will need to be paid out of your own pocket, but I won't hold claim to any profits you make from selling off your spoils, so it should be easily within grasp." She offers a slight smile. "And if you impress, some nights I'll cover your bar tab. Within reason. Fair?"
Eschaton: (I was right, wasn't I xD)
Richtor Barstens: "You had me at 'cover bar tab'."
Cauta: ((I didn't rewrite, no.))
Kate: Britta takes her coin purse from her side and sets it on the bench before her, counting out some coins. She mumbles quietly to herself as she starts making two separate piles. One starts piling up significantly more than the other.
Richtor Barstens looks to Britta
Richtor Barstens: "Oi, I heard you have money for me."
Kate: Britta slides the smaller pile to Richtor, the larger to Cauta. "Gunther's 10 gold, Richtor, and... I sold that damn heavy shield, Cauta. Came to a total of 79 gold." She leans back on her stool again, tilting her head slightly before playing with a strand of her hair. "Thought it'd be worth more, but... yeah."
Kate: (I think Esch is getting drunk while we're discussing... XD)
Cauta shakes her head with a light chuckle. "Within reason was attached to that. I'm not paying for you to drain an entire town of their swill." She reaches down to her belt, taking a small roll of paper and a small bag from her hip and setting them on the counter. She calls to the barmaid. "Do you have a inkwell about, by chance?"
Eschaton: (No, just thinking over some things while he cleans up)
Richtor Barstens takes the gold with a nod of thanks before looking back to Cauta and looking at the contract...
Richtor Barstens groans
Richtor Barstens: "I hate contracts...but whatever, I don't have an inkwell."
Cauta: ((She was asking the barmaid. >.>))
Cauta: ((But whatever.))
Kate: Jill reaches under the counter and places an inkwell before Cauta.
Kate: (Britta handed you a heap of money, Cauta. Take notice! ... or she'll sneak it back.)
Richtor Barstens: ((I knew that >.>...<.<....))
Richtor Barstens: ((He's...uhhh...drunk!))
Cauta: ((...Hm. You think she could use the tip of her tail as a 'pen'?))
Eschaton: (I can fix that if you give me a second to write xD)
Git: (( I don't see why not, as long as it comes to a solid thin point.))
Cauta: ((That it does! Practicality, thy name is prehensile.))
Cauta: ((Buuut I'll wait.))
Eschaton: (w)
Kate: (Cauta ^^ 79 gold!)
Cauta: ((I am aware. Waiting.))
Git: (( Who the FUCK is Life?))
Cauta: ((Life is like a needy girlfriend. Always there when you don't want it to be.))
Kate: (The party-crasher. Occasionally he pops in and messes things up. Y'know.)
Eschaton slowly walks up the stairs, his movements seemingly more measured than before. He's wearing what looks to be a new robe - it's his old robe, cleaned and restored to the original white with gold trim. He spots Cauta and company sitting at a table and moves to join them. "Morning. Here." He places a large feather on the table beside the inkwell, then moves to the bar to order a drink.
Richtor Barstens: ((Obviously Eschaton has mind reading capabilities))
Eschaton: (Not mind reading. Was using the feather as a focus of purity to restore his robes, got absent minded as he was leaving the room, then noticed the inkwell.)
Eschaton: (tldr IT'S MAGIC)
Cauta glances at the feather, before following the elf with her eyes. Her tail quickly uncoils, scooping the feather up in it's grip and dipping it into the ink while Cauta is seemingly not paying attention. "Some money is better than none, Britta. Did you keep some for yourself?"
Cauta: ((Cauta's tail is writing behind her. It probably looks weird.))
Eschaton: (Multitasking tail, too cool)
Kate: Britta shook her head. "Thought about it. Then... we have enough differences. Don't need money to cause a problem too when we're fine enough stirring up hard feelings ourselves." She reaches down and gently pats the side of her bag. A soft, sleepy cluck is heard, so Herc's obviously in there.'
Git: (This got awkwardly quiet)
Kate: (Yes, it did...)
Richtor Barstens: ((Well...I'm partially drunk and waiting for a contract to be signed))
Eschaton: (Cauta's contract, Cauta's show)
Cauta shakes her head, reaching over and taking half the available stack. "Rest is yours. Simple." She shifts her attention back to the page, her tail picking up speed in it's writing now that her attention is back on it. A few moments later, the feather is offered to Richtor by the appendage as Cauta slides the paper over in front of him.
Cauta: ((Part of me was hoping someone would comment on the tail writing, but fine. ))
Richtor Barstens despite having had a pitcher of ale already, makes sure to double check the contract, looking for any and all possible errors in it before finally signing the paper
Richtor Barstens: "Done. My hammer is yours. Back to my drink!"
Kate: Britta stares at Cauta for a moment, then frowns a little and takes the rest of the pile. She obviously thought there was going to be more trouble. After tucking the gold back in her pouch, she warily eyes Cauta's tail.
Kate: (Alright, last chance. Yay or nay for Britta being a part of the sidequest?)
Kate: (Taking a vote!)
Eschaton: (It would be awkward. I say no.)
Richtor Barstens: ((I personally don't think it would work. Nothing personal, already given my reasons why.))
Kate: (Git, Cauta?)
Cauta slides the contract back in front of her, blowing softly on the parchment to dry out the ink. "Excellent." Her tail scoops up the bag and tosses it in front of Richtor unceremoniously. "An advance. As a show of faith."
Cauta: ((I'd say leave her behind. Makes life easier.))
Kate: (that's already an overwhelming vote. Hmmm... all right. Gimme a moment to think of something.)
Git: (Looks like Britta sitting this one out!)
Richtor Barstens: "I like money."
Richtor Barstens takes the gold
Cauta: ((Doesn't even count it. XD))
Richtor Barstens: ((Who cares, free money))
Kate: Britta turns to Cauta and sits for a moment, obviously thinking. "Would you be against me travelling with the three of you?" she asks, slowly, almost cautiously. "I don't need to be paid, just... need to drift along with some people until I find what I'm looking for. Would that be all right?"
Cauta: ((Well, you're not getting paid for...awhile now, so use it wisely. ))
Richtor Barstens: ((I have enough money from the gear to get me quite a few drinks))
Eschaton slides a few gold pieces across the counter to the barmaid and heads back to the table with a large tankard of ale. "If you need to travel solo for a while, then that's your path and I wish you the best of luck."
Cauta blinks, raising an eyebrow in surprise. "Provided you pull your own weight, I have no issue with it. I'm not going to be covering any of your expenses."
Git eats popcorn watching
Cauta: ((Esch, she's asking to travel with us, not go solo.))
Git: (I won't show Git for awhile if you even manage to get out of the Mule's Sack fyi)
Kate: Britta shrugs lightly. "I believe what we did back there is good enough as a 'paying' system if we really want to get complicated. I carry anything for you, I get fifty percent of the profit from that. Does that sound reasonable?"
Eschaton: (I say it by technicality of the fact that she'll be accompanying us but not participating.)
Kate: Britta flashes Esch a small smile. "Today, actually... I have something I need to do if everything goes well."
Cauta nods. "Reasonable enough."
Kate: Britta seems happy with the deal and her smile broadens for a moment. She playfully kicks Richtor's leg as if teasing him about her getting the chance to tease him further. "Well... starting tomorrow? How's that sound? If you have to be somewhere, I can meet up with you elsewhere."
Cauta: ((She has a meeting with DUMAS.))
Kate: ((... I wonder....))
Git: (Shhh.. don't ruin the surprise Cauta)
Kate: ((psst, to be honest... I'm just sending her off and making her look like she's doing something important, but really... I have no clue what she's up to.))
Git: (Kate I suggest forcing the plot at this moment)
Richtor Barstens: "Are we doing anything today, or can I be a lazy ass and drink until my beard grows all the way back?"
Kate: ((Just need Cauta to answer Britta's question, then I'm FORCING IT!))
Git: (heh that's what she said.)
Richtor Barstens smacks Git
Eschaton: (Kitt, I thought you were above that...)
Kate: ((... what is it with you guys today? XD))
Git: (I am, but I'm tired and I'm loopy)
Cauta nods, debating getting something to eat. "That should be fine. I have no real plans today, so we'll likely just be about."
Kate: Britta nods and stands, shouldering her pack. "All right, thanks. I'll see you lot... tomorrow, probably." She places a hand on Richtor's head, roughing up his hair before abruptly turning and wandering downstairs... either to her room or to... probably to go see Gill.
Kate: ((Awareness checks, please!))
Git: (( Ahhh.. ya))
Cauta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Cauta: ((AAAWWWW YEAAAHHH))
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Git rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Cauta: ((24))
Git: (I just wanted to roll)
Eschaton: (Drunk elf, EVERYONE RUN)
Cauta: ((CAUTA HAS TAKEN ALL OF THE ROLLS))
Kate: ((Sorry... man-handling food with one hand and tyrgoigntg... hgougoehot!!! Trying to type with the other.))
Kate: ((Rich!))
Git: ( Eschaton.. What r u doin? Esch.. STAPH making everything smell funny)
Eschaton: (Aero Luster GO)
Kate: Cauta, you see Jill seems to have paused in her work, pouring a tankard for another customer. Her eyes are glued to the door behind you facing out onto the street and she seems to be in awe... that is, until she starts spilling beer all over herself. She bashfully starts cleaning up the floor with her apron.
Cauta: ((...goddammit, she's looking at Ravid's pecs, isn't she? XD))
Kate: ((Nah. Dat jaw.))
Cauta raises an eyebrow at the barmaid, before turning in her seat to look at whatever had her so enraptured that she felt the need to douse herself in cheap smell alcohol.
Kate: Heavy steps wander on in and a large man sits down in the seat next to Richtor. He wears a large coat and a massive axe and longbow are strapped across his shoulders. Leaning forward on the counter, he tugs off his gloves and motions to Jill (now furiously blushing) for a drink. He has black hair and throws a cursory glance at the others at the counter, one eye brown, the other blue... both focus on Cauta and a familiar smile crosses his face.
Kate: ((need another awareness check from you guys.))
Cauta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Cauta: ((11.))
Eschaton: (12 this time)
Cauta: ((Cauta is distracted. XD))
Kate: ((Need one from Rich too!))
Kate: ((Gah, brainfreeze!))
Cauta: ((I'm gonna do my intial reaction while we wait regardless.))
Kate: ((Sure))
Kate: ((It's not something you'd notice straight off anyhow.))
Kate: (That first roll was just to see if you noticed Jill's reaction, by-the-way. You totally can all see him now. ))

Richtor Barstens rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Richtor Barstens: ((5))
Kate: (Esch wins. )
Richtor Barstens: ((RICH GIVES NO FUCKS ABOUT RANDOM PEOPLE ENTERING A BAR!))
Cauta: ((getting to Ravid and Cauta's first meeting...))
Eschaton: (What did I win? >w>)
Kate: (Will give it to you after initial reactions from you all. )
Richtor Barstens looks up from his beer
Richtor Barstens: "A friend of yours? Or someone who needs his eyes to be redirected somewhere else? Give the word."
Kate: ((I think I like... memorized Ravid and Cauta's first meeting...))
Cauta: ((Creepy))
Kate: ((I know, right? I could have totally passed my Maths test if I hadn't memorized that random thing and had memorized something important! )
Cauta watches him cross the room, silently wondering the odds before noticing his eyes upon her again like the first time they had crossed paths. After a moment, she returned the smile with a brief aside to Richtor. "An acquaintance, really. Nothing to worry about right now." She whispers, before speaking clearly. "Ravid, I wasn't expecting to run into you again."
Eschaton looks up as a new presence comes near. Turning his head to look at the stranger, a slight tinge of red crosses his face and he looks away, pulling his hood up to cover it before slowly looking back at the new arrival.
Kate: Esch, as this man takes off his gloves, you notice his knuckles are bound in small pieces of blood-stained rags as if he's been in a recent fight. Seeing as he seems relatively unharmed, he must have come out all right... but at the side of his neck, you can see his skin is burned as if by acid. You're pretty certain you can see some nail-scratches just at the edge of his jaw, but the collar of his jacket is in the way of being certain.
Richtor Barstens: "Whatever, you're the boss."
Richtor Barstens goes back to drinking
Kate: Ravid's smile remains, but something seems different from the last time Cauta met him - he seems less carefree, perhaps even a little worried. "Neither was I expecting to meet you again... with companions, no less." His head tilts just slightly as if he's thinking about the possibility of something, his mismatched eyes going distant before he is brought back to the real world by the barmaid shyly placing his pitcher before him. "Ah, thank you." He presses a coin into her hand. "Sorry, I don't have any coppers..."
Cauta: ((HEY.))
Cauta: ((GET YOUR OWN MAN-MEAT ELF.))
Eschaton: (Shhhhhh)
Kate: (hehe!)
Cauta joined the chat
Eschaton: (Can I cast a Cure Light on him or would that disrupt the flow?)
Cauta: ((You just want an excuse to touch him. XD))
Kate: (Make that request IC. )
Eschaton: (I wouldn't HAVE to touch him, just send a few sparks in his direction xD)
Kate: (Technically, Ravid is uninjured. The injuries are merely cosmetic, not even worth 1 hp. Not that Esch would know that, but still...)
Cauta looks to Eschaton and Richtor. "Safety in numbers, as my grandfather liked to say." She tilts her head at him, noticing how he seems...more subdued. "You seem troubled."
Eschaton flicks his ears at the mention of the name, his eyes moving across the stranger's face, noticing a few burns and small injuries. Letting his gaze drift downwards, he spots a bloody wrap on the strangers hands when he removes his gloves. He stands slowly and moves a few inches closer before stopping, almost afraid of him. "Sir, if... If I may... Your wounds?" He holds his hands a few inches in front of himself, palms-up, building the curative magic until his hands glow lightly, not wanting to move any closer until he's allowed.
Kate: Ravid cups his pitcher in his hands and leans over the counter a little, licking his lips as if trying to decide how he should word something. His eyes focus on the wall behind Jill's head for a moment (drawing another brilliant blush from her), then he shifts his gaze back to Cauta. "We met only two days ago, correct? Since then, I've fallen into some trouble... or rather, my team has." He tosses a glance over Richtor and Esch, almost as if evaluating them before he returns his eyes to Cauta. "Your own... you are not mercenaries, are you? But you are capable - I can see that just by your weapons you carry."
Kate: (Ah, sorry... posted a second too soon.)
Kate: Ravid pauses after saying his bit, looking at Esch, then smiles a little. "My wounds are superficial. But thank you... you are a cleric?"
Cauta shakes her head. "I'm not a mercenary. They are." She leans a little forward on the counter, watching with mild amusement as Eschaton timidly attempts to tend to Ravid. "You have a team, you say? What sort of trouble did they stumble across?"
Kate: ((BRAINFREEZE! Damn smoothie! I'll wait for Esch. ))
Eschaton nods lightly. "Yes... Please take these if you wish." He allows a few sparks of light to float away from his palm, leaving them to hover in the air, charged but undirected. "They will... help prevent scarring."
Kate: Ravid looks at Esch for a moment, almost perturbed, then graciously accepts the sparks by brushing his hand though them. "Thank you..." He flashes a grin at the elf, then returns his attention to Cauta. "Their own greed, I'm afraid. And perhaps my own inability to control them as I have been... tell me, would the three of you be willing to assist me in a matter? I would compensate you for your time..." He seems to be forcing himself to be polite - you can all easily tell he is keen to spill all his beans on the matter.
Cauta is quiet for a moment, before nodding hesitantly. "I believe we could. I don't make a habit of promising assistance before I know what I'm getting into though."
Eschaton bows and retreats quickly to his seat, his head low.
Kate: (Shy Esch. ))
Kate: ((Come on Richtoriky!))
Richtor Barstens: "There be money, there be Richtor Von BARSTEN!
Richtor Barstens: *"
Git: (( Just noting next time I DM there will be free time, and some day skips. I find it hard to believe everyday this group finds trouble xD))
Kate
Ravid turns in his seat, motioning Jill back over. "A round for us all please," he requests. Jill nods: "I'll put it on that coin you gave me... it should... cover the costs effectively." Ravid smiles and nods at her (again sending her blushing) as she turns to start pouring four pitchers.
Ravid turns his attention back to the adventurers. "I apologize. I'm eager to find assistance on this matter and I needed to make sure I wasn't wasting my time here. For the past eight months I have been working with a small group of mercenaries as their leader. Just yesterday, a man came to them, offering them promises of riches and wealth - he offered them to me also, and I went along with the idea for a small while until I realized the full extent of what he was going to pay us to do. I attempted to talk it over with some of the members of the group, but..." He trails off, his hands briefly touching together, the thumb of one hand brushing over the knuckles of the other.
Cauta frowns lightly. "They didn't agree with you." She shakes her head slightly, tail coiling back around the leg of her seat. "Loyalty never seems to survive coin, does it?"
Richtor Barstens: "Money will always trump loyalty when it comes to mercenaries. You want loyalty? Own a province and get an army dedicated to you."
Kate: He takes a pained breath before going on. "I believed them to be allies, so I am still a little surprised, but... they are all true mercenaries, so I shouldn't be too shocked. The man paying us turned the others against me. I had no desire to fight them and only defended myself before returning to Corvis. I'm here to find help to go back and persuade my companions to stop from doing as their employer wishes them to do. If they will not listen to me with numbers at my back, I will have to stop them by force. I don't have the coin to turn them from their target..." His eyes settle on Cauta's horns for a moment. "Perhaps you will persuade them better than I can."
Kate: (Git... check the Chatbox. Vex and GC are having the most hilarious conversation.)
Cauta: ((..it's cause she's a tiefling, isn't it?))
Kate: ((He's not being nasty, I promise!))
Kate: ((He has... hidden agendas. *hints and stuff*))
Eschaton: (I'm just waiting for him to make a comment about always being horny...)
Cauta tilts her head slightly. "What are they being paid to do?" She notices his gaze after a moment and diverts her attention to the pitcher he'd paid for, fingers lightly brushing against the side of one of her horns self-consciously. "I doubt they will listen to me for no reason..."
Kate: Jill places new pitchers before each of them, shuffling away with her head bowed and cheeks burning brightly once she's done. Ravid takes a sip from his pitcher before going on. "They are being paid to ransack a small village - no guards, no worthy challenges, just simply farmers and a few tradesmen. Kill everyone within and burn the village to the ground. I believed, at first, that we were simply evicting residents that had remained on the land too long and had to be removed via force." He glances at Richtor and Esch, obviously still evaluating them even as he speaks. "And you may make the resolve of the employer falter..."
Richtor Barstens: ((Hey if most of this is between Cauta and Ravid, then I'mma call her a night alright guys?))
Kate: ((Aw, was just about to get started, but all right... they can chat a bit longer and pick up when you come back. Goodnigt))
Richtor Barstens: ((Night))
Cauta: ((Later))
Kate: ((Esch, speak up when you want to! Ask questions!))
Cauta is quiet for a moment, before looking to Ravid. "And why does this all matter to you?"
Cauta: ((SENSE MOTIVE))
Cauta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Eschaton: (Probably still dying of embarassment)
Cauta: ((Lovely. XD))
Cauta: ((Cauta is terrible with men, it seems.))
Eschaton: (Should I roll for the hell of it?)
Kate: (Hehe! Poor Cauta... yeah, sure. )
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Eschaton: (...well then.)
Kate: ((Well!))
Eschaton: (Sensed a guy better than a girl. IT'S A SIGN.)
Cauta: ((Cauta isn't good with handling men. XD))
Eschaton: (Now I'm not sure if I should try to apply it, try to pick up on the waves he's giving off >.>)
Cauta: ((Gill was difficult. Ravid is captain charming handsome dude. She's not exactly in her element. ))
Kate: Ravid eyes Cauta for a moment, almost in curiosity before his expression turns to a confused frown. "Why wouldn't it matter? They're going to kill innocent people - who cannot defend themselves - for nothing more than greed. It matters to me because I know that even with all my training, I couldn't last in a fight with the whole team against me... how are mere villagers going to survive?" (Esch, you sense that he is being completely honest. He obviously didn't expect his allies to be such monsters and has no desire to let them get away with what they're doing. Cue dramatic 'for justice' music.)
Cauta: ((...I doubt Ravid has been to Alduske now. XD))
Kate: ((Yeup...))
Kate: ((He sticks up for the little guy.))
Kate: ((This is where Ravid and Cauta's personalities clash.))
Eschaton twitches his ears as he listens carefully to the words being said. He speaks softly in Elven, just loudly enough for Cauta to hear - "He's not lying."
Git: ((Gill was difficult?))
Eschaton: (So handy, being able to talk privately in the open.)
Cauta looks down at her pitcher at Eschaton's words, the lightest frown on her face. "So you'd risk your life without compensation for people you've never met?" She shakes her head slowly, staring up at him with an odd look in her eye, as if he's an oddity she's never really seen before.
Cauta: ((Gill was a weird conversation for Cauta, I thought that was evident.))
Cauta: ((She's not very good with men. ))
Kate: "Yes," Ravid says. He takes another slurp of his beer before setting the pitcher down on the counter. He looks at Cauta for a moment, curiosity returning to his features, but he seems to be starting to understand how Cauta is thinking. He seems to hesitate, but then forges onwards again. "But I would be paying the three of you, so you would not be without compensation yourselves. The... best I can get out of this is making certain that people I previously trusted do not have the chance to betray others again. Or, at least... satisfaction in turning them back from their employer's honeyed words."
Cauta tilts her head, seemingly confused. "That's...rare." She murmurs, turning back to her still untouched drink. "We...we should be able to help you. We'll have to settle a price and the like, but I suppose that can wait till the exact nature of what we'll need to do becomes apparent." She's quiet, likely thinking judging by the faint creases on her brow and the absentminded twitch of her tail.
Kate changed name to Ravid
Ravid: (just 'cause I can!)
Ravid watches her a moment, then glances at Esch. "I suppose you would all like to know what you are up against. There is the chance that we fail with diplomacy and are forced to attack..." (ready guys? Ravid knows a lot about these people!)
Eschaton looks up slightly. "We've danced with death before, but we're still here. I'd wager we can do it again..."
Ravid taps one finger on the side of the counter. "There's Urnug - half-orc, strong as an ox. She favors a handaxe but packs a fairly fine punch with a spiked gauntlet she picked up a while ago. There's Arahil, a half-elf, and he fights efficiently both with dagger and sling. You don't want him getting behind you, or you may find a few things missing... ribs included. Kaye is one of the best fighters I've seen in a while - human, like myself, but with some military background. His weakness, ironically, is his armor - heavy gear that slows him down and makes him sink like a rock in water - he works both a bastard blade and a shield."
Ravid takes another slurp of his drink before going on. "Roe also deals with daggers, like Arahil, but is one you should look out for more than even the half-elf. He's small - a halfling - and gets in and out of situations with surprising strength and viciousness. I have never met a more bloodthirsty individual and to be honest, I'm not shocked that he took up the employer's offer at all. Then there's..."
Ravid pauses and sighs. "Hannl wasn't present when I spoke to the others. Neither was Kaye... but Hannl is our cleric. I believe we may have the easiest time convincing her to change her position in spite of her love for gold. But... in case she is against us, she is barely trained - her healing spells aren't the best, but she can swing that mace of hers pretty well. She has a sling, also."
Ravid: (fin.)
Ravid: (*pants!*)
Cauta: ((Cool. And now it's time for bed.))
Ravid: ((awww))
Cauta: ((I'm exhausted.))
Ravid: ((Heh, okay. Goodnight!))
Git: TO FOG
Cauta: ((G'night. And make sure to do your fluff assignment.))
Ravid: ((What's that!?))
Cauta: ((Since you never did it...))
Cauta: ((Lover's spat. ))
Ravid: ((... awww. Okay.))
Cauta: ((Don't like it?))
Ravid: ((I can do it, but... can I have a cutesy or nice one? Pwease?))
Cauta: ((Hrrrm...okay, I'll extend it.))
Cauta: ((The Lover's spat...but do the aftermath make up. That's always adorable.))
Ravid: ((yay!))
Ravid: ((Heh, g'night!))
Cauta: ((Night.))

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 am by Kate Orchix

(Session 11 was a small session which kinda... fell apart because someone fell asleep. xD)

Session 12 (Cast Change)(8th December, 2012)

Kyle changed name to DM
Britta: Oh, yeah... new dream thing: Houses.
Britta: *squeaks!*
DM: What?
Britta: brb, gotta make up my bed.
DM: hey I'm still unsure I'm just ask ya some questions where you going as Britta
Britta: back
Britta: Sure... can we do it IC?
DM: http://tinycartridge.com/post/3662073345...
DM: If you really want too, I first want to know where you're going Corvis is decently big
Britta: Uhm... I'lll head to... the church and crypts. I wanna go see how that trapdoor was locked and look for hints of the guy who locked us down with the zombies!
Britta: quick brb again
Britta: back
Britta: Sup?
DM
The trip back into Low Town is about as beautiful as you last remember after taking the long staircase down through the dirty part of town. The roads leading down farther into the depths of the sunken part of the city growing worst with each block. Till you find yourself once more passing Mary's Magical Pawn Shop and finally to the church. The build in stone abbey still completely covered in grim, dirt, and littered with damp puddles of stale water as the roofing is unable to contain the under rivers that flow above it.
The door is still hangs from the rusted hinges and shows off the same empty building.
DM: (Try my best, but just a fyi. 3am to 6am is when I start crashing which is why I get all bleh)
Britta: (That's okay. Just tell me when you've had enough and we can stop. It'll mean I'll have to go to bed, though, 'cause Mum said I'm only allowed to be up if I'm roleplaying. xD)
DM: (That's a best mom award if I ever heard one)
Britta: (I reckon!)
Britta moves through Low Town, not drawing attention to herself as she moves about. Herc remains silent in her backpack, only occasionally making a soft cluck sound or shifting her position within the sack. Britta approaches the church, eyeing it warily and glancing down the side alley next to it where she previously saw large rats, but heads straight for the church doors. Cautiously, she enters. (Making a spot check to see if I see anything new)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 11
Britta: (19)
DM: When you start to come in the darkness of Lowtown really starts to take a heavy burden on your eyes. Outside there are atleast a few working magical light sources still clamped to pillars in the street, though in here there seems to be none. All you can make out is the first five feet of the room showing you muddy foot prints going every which way, and several sink holes in the floor filled with dank water.
DM: (There is no real light source in here now that Erwin been gone)
Britta: (At the moment, I'm having these weird dreams where I have to go through houses... usually it's just a 'you're stuck here, enjoy it until someone comes and rescues you' or 'you live here, get over it' as a kinda... theme. They're really weird... always huge houses, usually people I know own them. xD)
Britta: (All right!)
Britta tries to remember if she has a light source, but despite straining her memory, she just can't... remember. She puts her pack down in the entrance of the church and kneels beside it, gently lifting Herc out and setting her aside before rummaging through. Herc doesn't move far, just pecking idly at the ground, having a drink from one of the puddles.
Britta: (*checks inventory...*)
DM: (Maybe from me telling you about being alone with your own house left to you? And I have NO IDEA where ya'lls CS are.. let me check)
Britta triumphantly comes out with her torch, flint, and steel. Lighting the torch, she sets it down before piling everything back into her pack. Herc complains a wee bit as Britta stuffs her back in, but then there is silence as the pack is shouldered and the torch picked up. Britta waves the torch about the church, then heads for where she remembers the tunnel to the crypts is.
Britta: (Nah, been having these for a while, but that dream last night, yeah, maybe! Also, I have my CS. xD)
DM: (It's a pretty standard abbey, stone pews, most surprisingly still there just worn soft by the leaking roof, and a simply raised footing and alter at the backside where one might stand to give speeches. Off to each corner off to the sides of the alter is to entrances. THe one to the right leads down and out toward the cemetery and the left unknown.)
Britta: "Whaddya think, Herc?" Britta mutters. She glances over her shoulder and grunts before parting the pack enough for Herc to be able to poke her head through the gap. "Pretty spacey, eh? You keep an eye out for me, would you? Don't like this dark." She heads for the left entrance off the side of the alter.
DM: As you start to make your way around to the side following the wall you start to see the small wooden door coming to the end at a short hallway. From there if you open it up you would see a large kitchen, with two long tables and many iron pots cluttered together. Farther in the back of that room is another two set of doors that are shut. ROUND
Britta wrinkles her nose, continuing to talk to the chicken as she moves into the kitchen and towards the set of doors. "You'd think that in a church, there'd be something more than just... zombies in a pit, y'know? Gawds, I hate undead, but you'd think churches would have more... lively stuff. Kinda keep expecting to bash into a priest somewhere around here. Y'would have hated the priests back in Tenve... crazy nutters, mostly clerics... always smelled of chicken soup. Only saw 'em a few times when I was injured too badly for my brothers to patch me up..." She stops at the doors and runs her hands over them before giving them a rough shove. "Still nothing behind me, Herc?"
DM: Give me a spot check in the dinning room)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Britta: (Uh, 10)
DM: Things that seems to pop out at you are some blood splats, some that look like would have been from a beaten nose maybe. Also on some the corners of the tables, and some spoiled food now like other might have been here a while ago. TIME unknow though, finishing ROUND)
Britta stares down at the blood splatters and licks her lips while she thinks. "Religions... violent things, huh, Herc? Never know when a nun's gonna clobber you in the face while you're chopping cabbage or summat." She goes to open the doors.
DM: (which one?)
Britta: (Uhm, the... in the back of the room!)
DM: (THere's two there too!)
DM: (Left or Right again pretty much.. One's right attached to it, the other is a small hallway leading to it)
Britta: (Hm... Left!)
DM: The door to your left is attached to the room and opens freely inside you see large old wooden desk, and two book shelves off to teh side, and a flung open chest in the corner of the room. Beside that it's pretty bare.
DM: (I told ya, exploring wise you picked a dump xD)
Britta glances about, then moves to the open chest to peer inside.
DM: Search checks work also
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Britta: (No mod)
Britta: (Also, remember, I can't read, so the books are useless to me unless they have pictures!)
DM: But inside the chest in is a few set of dirty clothing from a women dress and some old religious books that seem to still be holding together somehow. But that's about it, the chest was already opened
DM: (Well good thing your not in a church.. oh.. wait..)
Britta makes a face and heads back out. "Gah, where did we go to go down to those crypts...?" she mumbles to herself. "I wanted to see if whoever locked us down there left any clues..." Herc clucks disapprovingly at Britta for talking too much.
DM: (Listen checks)
DM: (Sorry Kate you picked the most stragest place to go.)
Britta: (10 for Britta... I'll give Herc a roll. xD)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Britta: (I know that's over 20)
DM: By some form of divine help you managed to hear what sounds like snoring coming from down the last hallway.
Britta gently taps a finger over Herc's beck, silencing the bird. She sneaks off towards the last hallway, extinguishing her torch and feeling her way, all the time listening to try and keep tabs on the snoring.
Britta: (Stealth check!)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Britta: (14)
DM: Now that your light source is out you can see the faintest hint of light coming from under the last door where the snoring is coming from. (I love how you just break in places xD)
Britta gently tries to push the door open (turn the handle if there is one.)
Britta: (She's being smart... don't worry, it won't last long!)
DM: It slowly starts to open but then you hear the screeching of something dragging across the ground blocking the door, as you push.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Britta: (Uhoh)
DM: (Do you ya stop while you only got it cracked or keep pushing?)
Britta pauses at the screeching sound, cringing and hoping that the snores will continue.
DM: Also you can see a large wooden crate resting at the foot of the door.
DM: Oh it's still snoring!
Britta pushes the door open even more slowly, then peeks around, looking for the source of the snores.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 6
Britta: (*suspicious*)
DM: This time as you keep pushing the door the crate keeps screeching till it bumps into someone, awaking the poor chap. He stumbles to his sense reaching for the candle holder kicking at the door hard back into you.- "Heyy! Get out of here! I got nothing for ya to steal.. Damned leeches.." -Inside from the glance you get before the door comes flying back at you is a rough dirty older looking man, with a few bottles of something littered across the room.
Britta kicks the door in return and enters the room. "I'm not looking to steal," she responds gruffly. "What are you doing here?"
Britta: (brb, loo!)
DM: (Give me a reflex save as a clay bottle comes flying in your general direction!) "Wha it look like? I'm grev'fin for my friend.. And I can't think of a better person to have the right to sleep here then me!?" -He yells back still sitting upright on the ground with his back against a stained bed big enough for two. The room is actually a bedroom, for a couple and you can see several things have been over turned and trash littered about the place; though it rather small.
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Britta: (Uhm... wow.)
DM rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (take that point of damage)
Britta: (xD! HP: 41/42)
Britta grunts as the clay bottle smashes her on the head, but shrugs it off and keeps coming in. (So, there's the chap, then an older man who's dead?)
DM: (What no.. I must worded that badly. JUST ONE guy in that room)
Britta: (Okay!)
Britta wipes a trickle of blood from her forehead, but quite obviously does not pull any weapons. "Hey, hey... I don't mean no trouble," she says, despite looking a bit grumpy that he caused her to bleed. "Your friend? Where?"
DM: (Man I get even more depressed when I describe Low Town it really is a shitty place)
Britta: (xD! Yeah... I kinda imagine back when I was about six or seven years old and we stayed at this camp... I was fatter than the other kids and slid down a water slide too fast - people were meant to catch you at the bottom - but because of my extra weight I went much faster and went zooming into a bog. I kinda think of how I felt then and what I saw under the water when I'm thinking of Low Town. xD Bog-bird legs, mud, and fixed particles of gooey algae.)
Britta
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uDCvCt8_Jc&fea... I'm listening to this)
DM: The man's eyes slowly start to draw up your body as he speaks- "Erwin, and Diana.. The lucky son of'bitch. Seems he finally went off and did it.. Just like he said, can't blame the chap.. I mean he only really drank with me, and stuff.. Now you! Com'in.." -He slur speech growing worst and more sad as he looks lost in your chest, then finally makes it to your face- "Wah, a women? I thought those legs looked funny.."
DM: (ROund )
Britta grunts and wanders in, pushing the door shut behind her so if anymore unwanted visitors come in, they'll have some warning. She shoves the crate back against the door with her foot and leaves her foot propped up on the edge of the crate as she glances to the man. She eyes him up and down for a moment, then frowns. "Who's Diana? I met Erwin... briefly. His wife?"
DM: The man just nods heavily and starts placing his hands out to side making a motion and a bad whistling attempt- "YA.. her hips, kinda like yours.. So what you doing here trying to set up business? OR just looking for trouble?"
Britta "Looking for Erwin's killer, actually," she says. "Whoever he was, he almost killed myself and a group I was with too with that stunt... locked us down in a basement or crypt place with a bunch of zombies. Any ideas? Also... did you get Erwin's body back? Or was he... ya know... undead?"
DM: The man just gives you a questionable look of disbelieve- "I think killing yourself, would make ya the killer.. So Erwin is the man your looking for. Heh, God knows that man was just looking for a escape.. Poor Chap, ever since Diana bit the dust he just, never was teh same.. He tried to keep this place up but.. Just wasn't happen, and not with the crime going up." -The man doesn't seem to believe you really.
Britta stares at the man for a moment, then drops her foot off the crate and to the ground. "I want to see his body. He didn't kill himself... if he did, someone watched him and then locked us down in that death trap. That's the same as murder, I reckon, letting someone do that to 'emselves."
DM: He waves off your spew of comments, reaching for another empty bottle trying to get another drop.- "Heck, everyone knows ya not suppose to go to the sewers.. Ya be better off stabb'en ya'self before that."
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
DM: (Good luck, he's in his own world)
Britta stares at him a while, then grunts in frustration with the drunkard. She reaches into her coin purse and takes out a gold piece, holding it up to the light. "See this? Tell me where Erwin's body is, old man. If you lie to me, I will be back for this, and your blood."
Britta: (Intimidation!)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Britta: (Whoo!)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Britta: (If you suddenly disappear, your boss is there?_
DM: .
Britta: (Weird, it's showing you as offline)
DM: (No that's only on my first day and last day)
DM: (my net DC)
Britta: (Ahkay)
Britta: (I may be told to get off soon, but I'm gonna be as quiet as I can. xD)
DM: The man seems kinda shooken up but just ends up tossing the empty bottle against the wall shattering it- "What do you want me tell ya?! I told ya, I don't know.. IF I had to guess Erwin buried himself, as some kind of funny ironic bit. I don't go to the cemetery, or anything deeper. Everyone that lives here knows this place is cursed... Heck even this soil isn't keen for anything holy."
DM: (It's fine Frank is full of actually history if you want to know)
Britta is quiet for a moment, then crosses the distance between them and shoves the coin into his hand. "What's wrong with this place? And who are you? My name is Britta."
DM: When you go to hand it to him he weakly grabs it and bites it unsure if it's real, but then starts mopping less- "Woah.. really a golden crown.. Ya must be one of those fancier ones.. what are they called?.. 'Escorts'!" -He coughs trying to stand up but ends up dragging back down against the bedding- "I am Franklin Russel, and this is a shitty place. Use to be a church to some dwarven ones they left behind.."
Britta frowns and takes a seat on the crate. "I'm no cheap whore," she states firmly. "Or expensive whore... or escort, or whatever the hell ya think I am. I'm a mercenary, bodyguard, fighter, soldier... whatever I'm paid to be so long as it doesn't involve crap like what you're suggesting." She scratches behind her ear and Herc chirps up, trying to peek around the side of Britta's head at Franklin. "You don't want to know what happened to Erwin? Even if he was your friend?"
DM: (I don't think Britta would know what a Escort is xD )
Britta: (She'd be familiar enough with it. xD Even without knowing what it is, I kinda picked up he thought she was something like that, so I figure she mighta guessed too. xD)
Britta: (Tenve does have people like that... but they're not made out to be fancy at all. xD)
DM: 'Nah lost cause... It was bounded to happen sometime. That man did nothing but drink and do hard labor for nothing." (going to keep this simple if I can )
DM: (I got people coming in and stuff so I have to keep it shorter)
Britta: (That's fine. )
DM: (Better questions equal better anwsers)
Britta is silent for a moment, then quickly hops to her feet. "Well, despite not giving a rat's ass about this fellow, I'm off to try and find his body... see if I can't find a knife in his back. Maybe I'll be back... Just one thing. Did you move the body once you found 'im? Or did it... move on its own?"
DM: "Pfff~ Ya kidding me, I didn't find him.. I just know something happen, he never misses a night at the Dirty Nest. Feel free to make yourself at home, I'm just squatting this place for awhile till they start up recruits again."
Britta pauses, her hand moving for the door but falling back to her side. "Recruits? What's the Dirty Nest?"
Britta: (I'm enjoying this. )
DM: He lazily wavers a hand off to the air- "IT's where I'm heading now with this fancy little nugget of gold.. Up by the entrance of Low Town, close to the Waterway.. kinda a low end bar but if ya can stand the smell rolling off the bridge sewer it's got a nice view of the Shoreline.. I think it use to be a evalator that broke and got built on.. Not sure, ya those wiryly copycats all like to come here whenever they think they got a filler to Crows size. Ever since Krug's been expanding they been at each others throats."
DM: (I love rping drunks, gives me a excuses for forgetting certain words and making fully understandable dialog )
Britta hesitates for a moment, then coughs. "Mind if I tag along? Gimme five minutes, though... I'll just see if I can't grab Erwin and drag him back to the surface... not that he'll wanna come along in his current condition."
Britta: (xD!! I wanna go to a cruddy bar! Yay! xD!!!)
DM: You see the man start to smile and laugh a bit as he stands up puffing hsi chest out like he did something amazing- "A little arm candy would be amazing, and shock alot of the guys.. I wouldn't mind at all!" You go get all dolled up I'll be waiting!"
Britta smirks and shakes her head, shoving the crate aside before heading out into the corridor. She heads for the cemetery where Erwin was digging up bodies, hoping to go find the trapdoor and the ladder that Erwin fell down once he had been killed... or killed himself. (Can I find it?)
DM: (Ya easy as pie, but it's still locked by a Good Average Lock)
Britta: (And if I can, is Erwin's body still down there?)
Britta: (ooh, cool)
Britta looks at the trapdoor, looking at the handiwork of the lock. "Dammit, wish that tiefling were here right now, Herc... woulda been mighty handy." She steps back, going to kick the trapdoor in.
DM: (For one first you got to find your way in, you could hack at the door for a while, but remember I said it was VERY sturdy. It was meant to take a beating. Kicking won't work)
Britta: (Ah, right, hm.)
Britta: (Save that sentence above for when I get to it!)
DM: Actually lets stop there good place to end pluse I want to tell ya a few things before my round
DM: I'm not taking logs xD
Britta: (Awwww, ok. xD I'm taking history. Sure you wanna stop here?)
Britta: (Eh, you're probably right, actually... 'tis getting late!)
DM: But I can tell you it won't end well, if manage to chop your way down there. You will have to explore the WHOLE place looking for that one zombie
DM: And after the large fight there is a good chance the Mushroom guys have him, elsewhere
DM: And a Goo Cube could kill you
DM: >,>
DM: Not very safe
Britta: So Erwin will be a zombie... yeah. Britta'll probably glance down there, see he's no longer there, then quickly go off with Frank. xD
Britta: But she doesn't believe he killed himself.
DM: As for the rest of story
DM: Heck no, but Frank doesn't care he got a place to live
DM: What do you think Crow's gang does?
Britta: Kills people!
Britta: 'Makes accidents'
DM: Also the Dirty Nest is there hangout place.. hence why it's on teh bottom of the bridge town, yet way above the Riverside
DM: Ok so you didn't pick it up yet, in that case I'll save it
Britta: *muses for a moment*
Britta: GANGSTERS!
Britta: Wit Oirish aksents?
DM: So ya, the Dirty Nest is seriously like a bar builded into the side of a cliff xD
DM: No they hate Orcs
DM: I'll just say Crow VERY picky about who can join them
Britta: I was doing a bad Irish accent. xD
DM: I mean I could keep going after this round
Britta: *is quiet for a moment* Yeah, I'll try it
DM: Try what?
Britta: I can give the 'I'm not tired, and I can sleep in the car' explanation if anyone tells me to go to bed. xD We head home tomorrow, and the drive is long...
Britta: I'd rather sleep in the car, just to pass the time. xD
DM: I do the same ROUND!
Britta: OKAY!
Britta: (I'm gonna stare at this door...)
DM: also just to let you know we are now past that part I had planned for you and Vex
Britta makes her way out of Frank's room and wanders about until she finds the door she reckons she remembers leads to where she's heading. She gives the door a rough kick, but it won't budge. After looking at it for a moment, she takes off her backpack, wanders off down the corridor a bit... then runs at the door, slamming her shoulder into it. She grunts and holds her shoulder, shaking her head. "Dumb, dumb, dumb... come on, Brit, think."
Britta: (xD! Well, if Britta gets into trouble, Esch can always come looking for her...)
Britta looks at the door for a while, her brows knitted together as she thinks. Her hands rest on the hilts of her swords but she doesn't want to damage them by using them to lever the door. Her fingers slip around her belt, exploring for new things she might have forgotten about - they slip across the two mastercrafted throwing axes she has. Loosening one, she glances at it and frowns, then looks at the door. "This is where I wish I had a hammer or greataxe, Herc..." She shoulders the pack again, putting the throwing axe away. She rushes the door again.
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 1
Britta crashes into it with her shoulder, but her foot slips at just the wrong moment... and she smashes her face into the sturdy door. Growling, she holds her face as she leans against the door, grumbling about her stupidity and something about not being educated or coordinated.
Britta , now a bit angry, runs at the door again.
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Britta: (If this were an unarmed attack...)
Britta: (19... if we got damage...)
Britta rolled a die with 3 sides. The die showed: 2
Britta: (Yay, 5 dam)
Britta frowns. "This is gonna take forever..." She doubles back and jogs along the corridor, poking her head in on Frank's room. "Hey, you got a key for that big stupid door? I whacked my face on it, but nothing happened."
DM: (It's a cellar door remember in build into the ground)
Britta: (... wait, I thought there was a big door, like an actual door? xD Never mind! We'll just say she's stupid enough to try crashing through on her shoulder or face!)
DM: (No remember it pulled up from the floor.)
Britta: (xD All right!)
Britta: (She still decided to ask Frank!)
DM: "What door? Ya talking about the cellar door to the sewers? You must be deaf, Erwin kept that thing locked up tighter then his.. his.. Ahh nevermind. We ready to get along darling, been some loneily night recently and a few good drinks with a lass like ya could be good." -He says heading out
Britta presses her lips together for a moment, then nods. She makes sure her pack is stable, and carefully checks her braid to make sure it's still presentable as she follows Frank. She still doesn't believe Frank saying that Erwin committed suicide, knowing that he was killed and the trapdoor was locked behind them. There was no way Erwin could have fallen down the ladder and locked it from the outside! Still... what good would a body do? He was probably already a zombie, shambling about with mushrooms growing where the sun don't shine...
DM: Well that was detailed. So as you finally start to make your way out of the lower parts of Low Town you notice with each block and step up your going higher and higher back toward the Main Bridge town, but your still underneath it as you exit the cliffside coming close to the Waterway. Where all the sewer water empty outs from the bridge to the stream underneath. It's a long fall too. As you start to make your out you see a large stone exit archway leading outside.
DM: (Ok note to self I need draw Corvis I think there is no real way to explain where the hell your going otherwise)
Britta: (xD! It's still good enough!)
Britta gazes about, glad to follow someone so she doesn't have to wonder where she's going while she takes in the sights. Herc clucks softly and Britta reaches over her shoulder to gently put Herc further down in the bag - she doesn't want the chicken gathering unwanted attention.
DM: (Like I have no idea how to explain that your inside a a underground city and walking out toward the main bridge but under it.. where the water goes, and are now walking on a rampway attached to cliff side. So you can look off from all the way up there and see Riverside, from above )
Britta: (I think you just did)
Britta: (... took my hair out of a bun I've had it in all day. SCALPACHE!)
Britta: (I wish I could send you my mental image so you'd see what I see from that description. It looks neat, so I think it works!)
DM: As your hand holds ontop the railing, you see what looks like a building held together by ropes, and several ramps all attached to a single part of earth judging out from the cliff side. Give a nice little patch to build on, though it's not great for anyone afraid of heights, as you can clearly see both sides of Riverside from here. The building looks like three main hut's build on top on another, with twirling steps going higher and higher.
Britta smirks. "Reminds me a bit of Jragomnoutl..." she murmurs softly under her breath.
DM: The front entrance looks rather lacking, in fact there isn't even a door just a blanket hanging there and a large sign above that reading. "The Dirty Nest" and "NO ORKS!" below that, not that you can read it.
Britta adjusts the sheathes of her blades, making sure both are clearly visible to anyone who would look at her. She has no desire to be mistaken for some hooker...
Britta: "This it?"
DM
The doorman seems nod with a big grin as you two pass and gives Frank a huge slap on the back- "Hell ya man.. good to see ya back with us.."
Frank drunkly nodding back before speaking to ya- "Yup, told ya it's a great place full of some good people.."
Britta: (Spot check for everything!)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Britta: (24)
Britta: (I got 20 more minutes)
DM: On the inside you see on the floor level seems to be where all the drinks are made and everything is made of wood. The barkeep is actually a female, with several feathers tied into her black hair, and wearing a pair of dark leather pants, and bra only. Around that you see six tables half filled all with different kind of people elfs, humans, dwarfs, just no orks. And there are three sets of circling stairs leading up to a secondary floor that lines the buildings wall, and one very far up at the top with enough room to only hold a single table.
DM: (where you looking?)
Britta: (At any guys Britta's age that might be appealing. =D)
DM: (also my descriptions aren't as good as yours)
Britta: (They're just fine! xD)
DM: Funny you say that, cause you manage to spot one that looks rather smooth from the top floor looking down at you with a grin. His hair is black, and he wearing a rather fancy cloak with feathers along the shoulders.
DM: (give me a wisdom check)
DM: (well damn)
Britta: (18!)
DM: Then your eyes kinda float to the side and you swear it looks like another man that could very well be that mans brother or twin drinking and yelling about something. Mind you can't see well as they are all on the top floors
Britta: (Wait... Duh, Wisdom! 19!)
Britta gazes up at the top floor, watching the two similar men for a moment, eyebrows lightly rising before her attention is caught by the barkeep. She glances at Frank, then the barkeep. "Want a drink?" she asks, glancing briefly back up at the man who was looking down at her with a smooth grin.
DM: (we can stop there)
DM: Getting the picture now?
Britta: (I still have a few minutes!)
Britta: (Still piecing it together, but... Duke?)
DM: I'm rather pooped and I don't want to ruin this part
Britta: (Aw, okay. xD It was a lot of fuN!)

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 am by Kate Orchix

Session 13 (14th December, 2012)

Ikitt changed name to DM
Britta behaves.
Eschaton: So I have 15p
Britta
DM: On the inside you see on the floor level seems to be where all the drinks are made and everything is made of wood. The barkeep is actually a female, with several feathers tied into her black hair, and wearing a pair of dark leather pants, and bra only. Around that you see six tables half filled all with different kind of people elfs, humans, dwarfs, just no orks. And there are three sets of circling stairs leading up to a secondary floor that lines the buildings wall, and one very far up at the top with enough room to only hold a single table.
DM: (where you looking?)
Britta: (At any guys Britta's age that might be appealing. =D)
DM: (also my descriptions aren't as good as yours)
Britta: (They're just fine! xD)
DM: Funny you say that, cause you manage to spot one that looks rather smooth from the top floor looking down at you with a grin. His hair is black, and he wearing a rather fancy cloak with feathers along the shoulders.
DM: (give me a wisdom check)
DM: (well damn)
Britta: (18!)
DM: Then your eyes kinda float to the side and you swear it looks like another man that could very well be that mans brother or twin drinking and yelling about something. Mind you can't see well as they are all on the top floors
Britta: (Wait... Duh, Wisdom! 19!)
Britta gazes up at the top floor, watching the two similar men for a moment, eyebrows lightly rising before her attention is caught by the barkeep. She glances at Frank, then the barkeep. "Want a drink?" she asks, glancing briefly back up at the man who was looking down at her with a smooth grin.
DM: (I'm going to have to hold off on Esch though, till you get our of the Nest)
Britta: (Okay... I'll hurry it up then. Gimme a good reason to leave and I'll take it!)
Eschaton: (I can wait, there's really no rush)
Britta: (Okay... whatever Vex is happy with here then)
Eschaton: (If you leave, you can bowl him over and thus rejoin.)
DM: Frank eyes the barkeeper happily when she fills up a tall tanker of ale and place it in his usual seat, he seems to be already ahead of you.- "OH course I want drink, why else would I come here!? Plus, they already know wha'ts I like.."
DM: (I am so out of it, I'm seriously looking at the keyboard as I type xD )
Eschaton: (Well, I could give you a reason to leave, maybe... >.> <.< )
DM: (ANd don't worry Esch, you'll find it surprisingly easy to bump into eachother)
Eschaton: (Alright then xD)
Britta shrugs and leans against the counter. She glances upwards again, wondering about the nearly identical men on the floor above, but also keen on getting herself a drink. She drags her attention down to the bartender and reaches into her purse. "How much for a tanker of what he's got?" she asks, nodding her head towards Frank.
DM: Meanwhile Eschaton would find himself tracking all the way back to Corvis with Snitchgit, the sudden separation of the party would leave him no where else to find answers; save for Corvis..
Britta: (Listen check to see if I have super ears and can hear whatever the guys on the top floor are chatting about...)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Britta: (Bleh, 13)
DM: It's really hard to hear over the constant chatter and drunken yells, they all seem to be very energetic!
Eschaton: (So I'm with Git, alright)
DM: A sudden 'Yaaaaaaaaaa!' would echo from above as several of the men cheered together at the same time. Beatrice the barkeeper would slide over ready to take her coin- "A single silver crown for the Silvers gutter..." She say while rapping her finger nails on the wooden counter.
DM: (Coffee... slowly... kicking.. in)
Britta: (Wooooo!)
Eschaton looks over the town as he arrives, the strange energy still hanging in the air. "And here we are again... Seems like just yesterday. Then again it hasn't been all that long since we set out, has it?"
Britta fingers through her coin purse and places a silver on the counter for the barkeeper before glancing upwards. "Who are they? Brothers?" she asks, motioning to the two men that are visible.
DM: Beatrice hair and sense of style would seems slightly tribal yet urban, and her skin tone a light bronzed.- "Well you are new.. Telling me you never heard of The Murder, the Crow's? They're the people who keep low town safe.. from all those big ol' mean thugs.." -Her voice in a light tone almost like telling a children's story to a kid.
DM: (Round)
DM: (Also give me some Diaplomacy checks or gather info)
Britta: (Lemme see what I'm better at...)
Britta: (Neither, apparently +1 on both)
Britta assumes the bartender is implying the thugs to be individuals like the half-orcs that attacked her and the rest of the party on their way down to low-town. She nods and moves her braid down over her shoulder, fingering the knotted locks. "I only arrived in Corvis about three days ago..." She is quiet for a moment, then decides to try an unusual approach, one that has never really... worked for her before. She's going to attempt to imply she had an 'interest' in one of the men she can see and see if the bartender sees her better or worse for it. "They're all rather good-looking from down here..." she says, almost lamely, even if she's telling the truth.
Britta: (... Britta's lameness is awesome.)
DM: Beatrice laughs quietly looking up at the groups direction nodding in agreement- "They aren't bad looking at all.. or in bed. But tis nothing but fun to them. They have a funny way of trading places and passing around alot of the drunken girls and taking turns." -She sighs heavily land looks likes she day dreaming about something before returning back to her counter with a rag in hand- "Sadly most them just boys, now if ya could get ever spot the real man in teh group I bet he would make for a fine man to lock with. Sadly I hear he is all business and no fun.. But who knows.."
Britta chuckles lightly, taking the discussion in her stride. "My initial idea wouldn't be to bed one, or be bedded by many... I'm the sort that'd rather find one man who'd sock any other in the face who dared to try and take me." She leans on the bench and keeps looking up for a wee while, then glances down to Beatrice once more. "The real man? Their leader?"
DM: Beatrice- "Of course, no one is really sure if it's magically done, or just some great disguise but, no one knows who the leader is.. It's his 'flair' they say, whatever that means.. But I got to say, they have done a great job of cutting the buds of troublesome gangs, robbers, even cults! Cause on this side of the river I promise you, the one thing you can't find is justice or a guard. I swear, if it was up to Hightown and Dumas this place would just sink off into the rest of the ground." -She mutters off some curses
DM: Eschaton! You soon see the city in view but still far off, give me a spot check!
Britta gives Beatrice a curious expression. She picks up her tanker and takes a long gulp. "So he looks like his men? That's clever, I suppose... Though if he ever got a bounty out on his head, he'd be placing a lot of other people in danger, I'd imagine." She tilts her head back and drains the tanker before placing it back down on the counter, empty. "Has he got his finger on the pulse enough to know who would want to kill who around here? If so, I may need to find a way to speak with him."
DM: She seems suddenly disinterested in you Britta, almost like you might have offended her.- "Not sure, but I know they no assassins.. Well call me over if you need a refill.. " -Then says moving off to another part of the bar
Britta chews on the inside of her mouth and looks into her empty tanker. She gives the barkeeper's odd behavior a moment of thought and idly glances upwards at the men on the top level. Out of curiosity, she wolf-whistles up at them. (She's gonna get their attention some way or another, she thinks.)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
Britta: (*nervous*)
DM: THe group of men all seem to be pretty caught up in there card game, along with something else that you really can't see they are a story above up. But one of the men that did fold out of the game is enjoying the sky-view in your general direction.
Britta grins upwards for a moment, then glances away. She muses for a moment, wondering if she should wait the lot of them out or do something rash to get more attention or to bring the one man who has his eyes on her to want to talk. She glances, looking for a way up to or down from the top level.
DM: (Vex I'm ready to start adding you when you get back)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 12
Britta tosses another glance up, then sighs. She motions for the bartender to get her another drink, setting two silvers on the counter. "Got anything stronger?"
Britta: (I think Vex might have fallen asleep...)
Britta: (Now i'm starting to think you might have too... xD)
DM: You look around but don't see Beatrice till she comes down the spiraling stair case with a empty platter, and several dirty mugs. You also notice there is actually a small chair at the base of the main spiral staircase with a large burly man dressed in some heavy padding, and has some meaty looking hands. When Beatrice finally does make it back she takes your coin and in returns only gives you have of a tankard of a luke warm golden ale; well you think it's ale but it doesn't smell like it.- "How about, some our special Kruges Skull Smasher.. Specifically made here."
Britta picks up the tankard and sniffs at it first before grinning. "Smells like the stuff back home," she says before taking a deep swig. She blinks a bit, then grins as she swallows. "Good stuff," she murmurs. Gulping it down, she reaches into her coin purse once more and puts down another four coins this time. "Could I have two? Maybe fill it to the rim this time?" She plans to make her way over to the man on the small chair and offer him a drink, maybe try to strike up some conversation.
Britta (slams the tankard on the bench. "MOAR!")
DM: Beatrice shrugs with a grin- "Your the customer.. Enjoy!" -The large man sitting in the chair is wearing nothing outlandish but now it can be seen he is 'tidy' and well kept for who you think is the bouncer. His head is clean shaven and kept warm by a snug wool hat, along with a thin jacket reaching down to his waist. He doesn't even seem to be phased by you, and even though he looks intimidating his voice is kind and gental- "'Ello love, watch you doing? Fancying a trip to the Crow's nest for?"
Britta gives him one of the drinks and leans casually against the wall beside the stairs, holding her own drink in her hands. "Hoping to speak with one of the lot up there, is all. Had a few questions that nobody else seems keen to answer... It'll probably get me in trouble, heh, but I don't care." She takes a sip of her rum. "Not that I wanna cause trouble, just... it's the way things tend to go, y'know?" She takes another sip. "I'm Britta."
DM: He shakes his head lightly pushing the drink off to the side a bit- "Sorry, can't drink while on this job.. Give's too many openings, but thank ya." -He notices up the stairs- "As for those lot, ya better off just dealing with your own matters.. Plus they're kinda in a meeting I thinks.. But if ya got a issue, or need to talk business I would suggest coming back when the tension calms down. Recently they been having too many close dealings with Krug's men, and everything else has took a back seat."
Britta shrugs and slides down the wall a bit so she can sit on her butt. Herc squaks from within the bag, squashed, so Britta moves away from the wall just enough so Herc won't complain again. "Shame," she says, the tankard at her lips again. "Someone should just kill Krug, 'oever 'e is... Innat 'e an half-orc with a gang? Or was that that other guy...? Richtor threw him off the bridge, whoever 'e was."
DM: Joesph doesn't really say much as he just keeps a eye on the crowd nodding along with you- "Yup.. that would be a quick way to get Crow's attention for sure, heh.."
Britta: "Awlright... point the way, Ah'll go do it..." She finishes her rum, looking a little dizzy, but happily so. "Does 'e live down a dark hole? Lotsa people here live down dark 'oles... Which one?"
DM: "I don't think your in no fighting condition plus, that lot is atleast 30 strong or more, otherwise I think Crow would dealt with them. It's good enough to know the roads are safer."
DM: (sense motice)
DM: Hot damn your drunk senses are tingling, or your just tingling from the lack of oxygen. You detect that good old Joe is hoping someone kills Krug, also he does believe Crow is protecting them from more then just Krug's guys.
Britta: "So Crow isn't more than 30 guys... that... really narrows it down, 'tus..." She snorts and starts clambering to her feet. She places the empty tankard on the nearest table and rubs her hands over her face. "Point the way anyways... even 'f Ah can't fight, I can talk bluddy well like this... everywun loves me, right? Come on... which way?"
DM: He's pretty tighted lipped and just laughs you off- "Just go back to your table lass and enjoy your drink.. We'll take take care'em."
Britta: Britta drops the grin, her face turning dead serious for a moment. (She's going to bluff soberness.) "Ahm not in a bad condition... Ah can fight fine."
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Britta: (eh.. Cool
Britta shakes her head and leans a hand against the wall to stabilize herself for a moment. The grin returns and she tilts her head. "Please? I can take care of a few... killed some on some bridge two days ago with my friends, and Ah can speak Orc... If ya don't tell me, I'm gonna go looking outside for them an' 'ttack 'em on sight, 'awright?"
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
DM: Yup he sees that you are still rather gone, stands up to help you walk back to the bar counter- "Come on' let's see about getting ya something else on your stomach, otherwise if ya go starting fights I may have to escort you out. I rather not do that to a lady, please?"
Britta mumbles a little and sits down at the bar counter with Joe's help. "Mmkay," she murmurs, then grins. "That stuff in the tank... that ain't like the stuff back 'ome. It's got a kick..." She puts her face down on the counter, looking along the bar's top for a moment, and grins stupidly before sitting back up abruptly. "Frank! Tell me about Krug!" she says very loudly.
DM: He drunkenly slurs back at you with about the same level of voice- "Wat'cha want women with that burly three tusked freak?!" -He moves farther down to a stool leaning his weight against the counter to stabilize himself
Britta gets out of her seat and straightens up, taking a moment to get her balance. "I wanna gut 'im to get Crow's attention. Sounds cool, right? Know where he lives?"
Britta: (I'm gonna do a con roll and see if I can become a wee bit more sober. You decide if I succeed.)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 3
Britta: (Uhm, 6.)
DM: Frank sits there rubbing his chin thinking hard- "Nope....... Most people just come here, and tell there story or like.. Umm, leave a letter ya! And if it's realy Crow's guys will try to fix it, though not all things. They really picky, but I guess when you got pff~ 14 or 17 guys you can only do so much.."
DM: FAIL
Britta
"Ah well..." Britta grins a wee bit, then rubs at her face. "Maybe I'll just go back to that bridge beneath that other bridge where we got attacked by Krug's thugs and threw them off when they were dead... that was a fun fight." She itches the back of her neck before smirking. "Hey, bartender! Tell one of the Crow people I'm gonna kill Krug for 'em... mebbe they'll talk to me after that!"
She gets to her feet and shoulders her pack, heading for the door.

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 am by Kate Orchix

Session 14 (25th January 2013)

DM cleared the room 6 seconds ago
DM
As everyone makes there around the busy city of Corvis everyone starts to notices a small crowd starting to gather down in River Side, all collecting around a boat much larger then the rest. It's about three times the size of the normal boats here but rather wide instead of deep for surface around to keep it afloat.
Eschaton your returning back to Corvis with Snitchgit and he tails you all the way back to Gunthers place then quietly disappears somewhere in the back, to get some fresh you step out along the bridge for some fresh air and manage to spot the small crowd; even though they look like ants from where your at. Britta already high up from the Crow's Nest sees about the same thing, and Palla your on board the ship returning from scouting out some of the swamp lands. (everyone can give me there Awareness checks, score 24 and you may be able to tell whats happening on the ship.)
DM: (just give a small whatever, I got to round, make yourway down if your interested.)
Britta: (Ooh! It's happening!)
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 10
Eschaton: (15)
Britta: (15+9 = 24)
Britta , having stumbled out of the Crow's Nest Tavern, peers down at the ship and frowns a little. Her mind is still full of thoughts of orcs and trying to find Krug, but she's rather easily distracted. She hiccups for a moment, peering a bit closer.
Shea joined the chat 5 seconds ago
Shea: HAH.
Eschaton stretches as he walks back into Corvis. "Nngh... What a day. It's so boring here and I don't have enough power to clear all the air at once... And I haven't found any new leads on my mission yet. Rrgh, something needs to happen soon!" He heads back to Gunther's place with Git, keeping himself busy by examining the scythe handle. When he gets bored of that, he heads outside, balancing the handle over his shoulders. "...gross. This place needs major magic to clean up... Hm?" He spots the ship, having not seen it before, and grins. "Finally, something to do!" Without a second thought, he immediately heads for the ship.
Shea: (noms quietly on bread)
Eschaton: ...(Shea)
Eschaton: (Is Sea Hunt really slang for c***?)
Shea: (I've never heard that expression in my life.)
Eschaton: (Okay then, just checking)
Shea: (Where'd you hear it?)
Eschaton: ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph... )
Shea: (Hah.)
DM: (Shea do you still have that link to our Chatzy room?)
Shea: (Yeah)
DM: (Link me!)
Shea: ( http://us6.chatzy.com/51311817043576 )
Britta ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZskc6Aa6mE I think I'm listening to odd stuff)
Eschaton: (You want odd? I can give you odd.)
Britta: (I mean odd for me. xD)
Eschaton: (Well, my music would be odd for you too)
DM: By some miracle Britta sight is still strong as ever and she can make a group of about six men all on board and a single women, but that is not what's interesting; that would be the wrymling of a Black Dragon laying lifeless on the ship. Close to 18 feet long.
DM: (xD I feel like a tease, ya I hate saying it but I'm going have to stop and go alot, I have a surprisingly high number of people coming in, and I'm dealing with the salting crew here that doesn't speak English it seems.)
Britta frowns a bit, curious about the dragon. She moves a few steps closer to the edge of the path so she might see better, licking her lips to keep them moist. She hasn't seen a dragon in a very long time, so she can't help but wonder where they managed to pick up a beast like that. Drunkenly, her thoughts return to Krug and she grunts. "Herc... we'll check that out later, right? Lessee if we can't find ourselves some orcs..."
Britta: ('Tis ok!)
Eschaton: (Ooh, since we leveled up, I can use this new spell!)
Eschaton: (Spot check to see if I can spot Britta while it's active!)
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 13
DM: (what spell xD?)
Eschaton: (Lulz, no spot modifier)
Eschaton: (Fly!)
Britta: (As a Cleric?)
Eschaton: (Travel Domain)
DM: Well if your actively trying to find her, you manage to spot her as she is one of the few outer areas, the 'Crow's Nest' it seems to be a broken pull system that was shut down and reworked into a pub.
Eschaton: (Not actively. Like, spot her out of the corner of my eye as the spell's ending and head down to meet her)
DM: (Well.. you did, it's another miracle)
Eschaton: (xD)
DM: (Blame your God)
Shea changed name to Palla
Palla: (There is no God, only Zuul)
Britta: (Did everyone just DC?)
Eschaton: (Writing)
Palla joined the chat
Eschaton sees a high section of the bridge and his eyes light up. "Ooh, good time to try this out..." Pressing his palms together, a ring of light build around his back like a halo. Holding onto his scythe tightly, he dashes forward and up the bridge. "Mortals only need to learn the proper way if they want to flyyyyyy!!" With a double-footed jump, he goes airborne, soaring through the air towards the ship, laughing happily until he spots the large mass on the ship. He dips in closer for a better look, quickly ascending backwards when the crew yells at him. "Sheesh, excuse me... Hm?" As he pulls back, he spots a familiar figure, wobbling slightly as the spell starts to end. "Ah, I know you!" Angling downward and urging the remains of the magic forward, he glides down, spiraling around until the spell ends and he lands lightly in front of her. " 'Bout time I saw you around! Any idea what's on the ship?"
Britta frowns, staring at Eschaton for a moment and continues to sway slightly. "Dead dragon," she slurs. "An' people... mmphmm..." She drunkenly grins. "So wheresh the other two? The horny lady and the bearded fella?"
DM: (Eschaton she still up a ways near the bridge, but whatever you guys can walk down the ways while talking safely)
Eschaton tilts his head. "Richtor and Cauta? Ravid offered them a new job. My contract with Cauta ended, and I wasn't going to get anything out of following her, so I came back here with Git. Putting that aside for now... A dragon? Here?" He gazes over towards the ship. "Why would there be a dragon here, of all places...?"
Palla joined the chat
Britta snorts. "Ravid... sounds famil-famil-... old? Epp, never mind..." She catches Esch's arm and starts dragging him down the paths and stairs to reach the ship. "Dragons are cool... we need to look at it. Hurry up, elf!"
Eschaton: (Having fun? xD)
Palla: (That's like.. the fifth time in a row?)
Britta: (Stay with us!)
Palla: (I'm trying ._. )
Eschaton almost stumbles as Britta catches him off-guard and starts pulling him towards the ship. "H-hey, Britta! Slow down a bit, I'm coming as fast as I can..."
Britta doesn't seem to heed Esch, dragging him along unceremoniously. Herc peeks out of Britta's pack and watches Esch cautiously as if he poses some sort of threat, her beady eyes staring into his soul. Britta eventually manages to tug Esch all the way down into the crowds surrounding the ship and starts shoving people aside so as to get nearer, pulling Esch in her wake.
Eschaton steps lively, trying to keep up and calling apologies to the trail of chaos they're leaving. He spots the chicken gazing at him and looks back with an icy stare before being unnerved and having to focus on his steps again.
DM
As you two make your way down to River side you quickly get a better view things, well that is if you fight your way through the crowd that seems to be gathering around the dock. The closer you get the more you hear about the 'Mighty Monster Hunter' manage to get another of brood mothers child, and slay it before it terrorized more of the river folk. These are just some of the things you hear while making your way closer.
In front of you is a wide boat with a dead black dragon a small one, but a dragon! And it seems to have several large bolts of arrows littering it's underside. On board you see a odd assortment of a crew, one a tall rough looking trollkin, with little more then a hook in hand, and large net. Seems he's been pulling it off the large beast for a while. The others are three men, early 20's nothing too much about then to say beside they look a little young, and a dashing man with a great large crossbow, as tall as himself in a heroic pose. He seems to be exclaiming he's the one that pierced it's heart, and he seems a bit distracted talking to some younger lady; elven you may notice Eschaton.
Eschaton: (If only Remove Addiction worked like a mental clarity spell)
Britta: (Is there much of a gap between the ship and whatever counts as shore?)
Eschaton: (Don't you dare >_>)
Britta: (:3)
DM: (More of a climb if you come from the shore, the dock is only level with it)
Britta: (Would Herc be able to make the distance?)
Eschaton: (Remind me how many spell slots you're giving me? I know there were six lv0, 1 and 2 slots for some reason. Any limiters on lv3?)
DM: (xD I've been waiting for Palla to give me a description of Palla so I could add it to that part, then noticed she is DC)
DM: (Ya whatever pops up on the CS sheet.)
Britta: (We know she has brown hair and green eyes...)
DM: (Any checks you would like, or just want to roleplay)
Britta: (Roleplay!)
Eschaton: (I'll have to transfer it later)
DM: (6 lvl 0s 5 lvl 1's 4 lvl 2's you don't got 3rd lvl yet)
DM: ( xD Oh well, guess it was a miracle )
Eschaton: (Thank you Nessa for your random act of divine intervention)
Britta manages to push to the front and Herc boredly glances over her shoulder to look frontwards... and goes into a complete panic. Britta yells as Herc flaps against the back of her head, frantically squawking and clawing her way from the backpack. She manages to leap down from Britta's pack and starts running through the crowd before flapping and crossing the distance with the ship. Britta yells after her "COME BACK HERE, HERC! STUPID BIRD!" And starts running the rest of the way through the crowd, leaving Esch behind. She leaps to grab Herc, but misses and Herc is flapping up and onto the ship. The little chicken races straight for the 'heroic' individual and stands at his feet, staring up at him with the only expression she has - a chicken expression. She squawks randomly at the poor fellow.
Palla Almost hidden amongst the people on the deck of the large ship a young woman can be spotted, human, by the looks of the it, though up close, the slightest curve of her ears tells any onlooker that she’s a Halfling – of elven and human heritage. She drifts in and out of the crowd of workers, sometimes stopping to move something or to murmur a few words to the self-proclaimed slayer of the wyrmling. She doesn't seem lost, not particularly, but amongst the other members of the boat, it's clear that she doesn’t quite belong. She’s outfitted with leather armour, studded, it’s padding and the majority of the leather cloth wrapped tightly to her body, giving her an nimble, stealthy look, making it almost bluntly obvious that she’s a rogue, or a ‘specialist’ of some kind. Almost lazily, she wanders to one side of the ship as she fumbles with a strap to tie around her long brown hair, gazing at the onlookers from a safe distance.
DM: (round)
Britta: (brb!)
Eschaton rubs at his wrist as Britta lets go of him, then hangs back to examine the crowd. "Crowd of admirers... A dragon... One ego, and... Well well." He spots the female moving through the crowd, tracking her progress. When she moves off to the side and away from the crowd, he moves towards her. As he approaches, he extends a hand gently. "Need a hand, miss?"
Palla joined the chat
Palla: (*goes to stab something*)
Palla doesn't seem to have noticed Eschanton or his approach, but when she starts to speak, it quickly becomes clear that she's simply not interested. Without looking at him, she tugs at the bundle of messy hair atop her head. "Not particularly," she says simply, then grunts, trying to free the band from the knot.
Britta: (back)
Palla: (wb)
Britta: (ta!0
Eschaton withdraws his hand, clearly not having expected such a reaction. He leans against a railing looking over the sea of people. "Can you tell me what a dragon would be doing in Port Corvis, of all places? Where did it come from, and why did the ship stop hear?"
Eschaton: (Stop here*)
Britta clambers onto the ship, over the railing, heading for Herc as if to grab her up, but her drunken steps aren't being helped by the slight rocking of the ship and she just ends up tripping over her own ankles. She hits the deck with her fist and mumbles curses in Orcish.
DM: (Shea only plays cold stoic snobby elfs heh )
Britta: (xD!)
Britta: (I think Nanteu's warmer than this...)
Eschaton: (Yeah, by a lot)
Britta: (I can't help but laugh at some of the ironies throughout both stories that have just kinda fallen into place...)
Palla let's the questions pass for the time being, but then with a stroke of luck, she frees the band from hair, holding it out in front of her. "Ha-ha!," she exclaims, almost delightedly. There's a long pause as she finally looks at Eschanton - really looks, this time - then dips an eyebrow curiously, quickly bunching up her hair rather neatly, despite the small amount of time it's taken her to put it up again, then turns herself completely in his direction, brightening somewhat, like someone's flicked a switch in her brain. "Well! The mighty Kyle over there," she stops, and points, "and he is mighty, as you can clearly see, just so happened to stumble across a dragon in the Swamp Lands. It had captured some youngin' from.. somewhere.. and he killed the thing and rescued it. Or was it because it was attacking a village? Maybe I'm getting the stories mixed up.. He has oh so many," she says boredly, the story quickly losing it's vigor.
Palla: from her hair*)
Palla "Basically, he killed a beast on the way to taking me.. somewhere.. we'll get that later, and you should be crowning him king of this.. Where are we, anyway?"
Eschaton: (Oh. My. GODS.)
Palla: (This is my slap-dash job at doing sarcasm)
Palla: (WHAAT)
Britta: (xD!!!)
Eschaton: (First off... >mfw that story http://u18chan.com/uploads/data/13325/6_... )
Palla: (xD)
DM: The man known as Kyle gives the half-elf a few words as she walks away, and his arm held out still trying to talk to her back. "Hey I told ya today wouldn't be easy.. We'll give it another shot tomorrow promise gorgeous.. ehh." he says giving up halfway and mutter something about elfs. That is in-till the bold Herc comes racing onto his foot and what seems the to be more of the crowd now starting to invite themselves onboard. "Woah, chicken over board!" -Kicking his foot back off toward the crowd.- "Come on ladies and gents I know ya'll want a closer look but please.. Just back off a bit, I know it's hard to believe there are more then crocs and trolls out there, but I promise ya I'll get all those big scary things out there for ya." About that time he sees Britta stumble into the floor as the boat sways. "Hey hey, watch your foot.. You need some sea legs gurl."
Eschaton: (Secondly... Kyle? Really?)
Britta: (Did he just kick Herc overboard? xD)
DM: (Oh I can see this taking a moment. He was part of the story WAY BEFORE Elmrock)
Palla: (He totally did)
DM: (Ask Kate)
Britta: (I knew all along. Been waiting so long to get a reaction from Vex. xD)
Britta: (Can I try reflex to try and catch Herc before she goes overboard?)
DM: (Seriously, he was mean't for THIS story. Kate just wanted him in hers now. And SURE!)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 5
Britta: (9...?)
DM: (Sure, he flys semi back at you seeing your face)
Britta stares as Kyle kicks her precious Herc, as if overboard, and quickly catches the chicken. Herc looks offended and hurt, but Britta isn't looking at the motives of her chicken... she's more furious that he actually tried to kick her overboard. Shoving the chicken into her pack, she advances on Kyle. "Did you just dare to kick the poor bird?" She makes a grab at him as if to hold him by the front of his shirt, trying to intimidate him. (Grapple roll, and intimidate roll)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 4
Britta: (11 grapple... fail)
Britta: (I'm intimidating as hell)
DM: (Hey I can roll a nat 20 will save vrs the Intimidate)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 2
Britta: (Try!... uh-oh, it's Kyle...)
Palla: (Holy shit though, good roll)
Britta: (... 8 years, man, your luck's growing old...)
DM: (Alright guess not, you missed Kyle's AC so the grapple did fail.)
Palla: (Not you, Kitt xD)
Eschaton snorts. "Name him king? Of this place? Not likely. I wouldn't even if I could, not when there are people here with more power than him. Anyone can shoot a crossbow, but there aren't as many who can destroy the bolt before it leaves the string." He turns around, leaning backwards against the railing to gaze at the girl. "Welcome to Corvis, young one."
Eschaton: (>mfw "making him king" http://u18chan.com/uploads/data/13325/6_... )
DM
The man back tracks a bit fearing the scorn of a women his size and bit more bulker then himself. His hands up waving to his defence. "Hey, hey now! That I did not do, I simply gave the little feela a nug to fly off and be free... Maybe make a life for himself! If your looking for a kiss or a date girl, all ya had to do was ask, not come rushing at me like a raging bullet! Calm down, Greg help me out here! What am I paying ya for?"
You see him give the trollkin a glance and he just simply finishes wrapping the net before heading back down without answering.
DM: (going to be afk for a bit)
Palla snickers. "Young One?," she mimics. She shakes her head, merely thinking it a lame way to introduce himself, and that maybe he should be ashamed for trying to make an advance in such a pathetic, fatherly, I-know-more-than-you fashion, before she catches sight of the point in his ears. She stares at them for a moment, then glances back to his face. ".. Right. Elf. So what're you, like.. a hundred and eighty? If so, I say you're looking quite.. fit.. for your tender years.. Are you some kind of mage, too? The comment about the bolt's got me wondering."
Britta is still obviously quite drunk, and her anger at him for kicking Herc is only increasing. "Like I'd want to kiss you! Despite how attractive you might be! How'c y'do that to the poor thin'? Mebbe she doesn't believe she's a chicken... maybe SHE was the one rushin' up to ya to get kisses or summat, with you bein' some big 'hero' and all that. She prob'ly believes she's some pretty little lady... wearin' a stupid bloomin' dress an' all..." She trails off, seeming to have calmed down with the mental image of her chicken wearing a dress and starts to snicker childishly. "Gawd, that ale was good stuff..." Then her head snaps towards him. "Are you paying me for something?"
Britta: (i'm stuck laughing at in-game ironies again. xD)
Palla: (Like? )
Britta: (oh, just... everything!)
Britta: (Kyle, Esch being Siara's younger brother, who Pallas is...)
Palla: (Heh.)
Britta: (A few other things you guys don't know...)
Eschaton waves a hand as if she burned him. "One hundred and eighty!? Oh, you wound me - Elves don't age the same as humans, you know. I'm only a hundred and twenty-six! Eschaton of the Clan of Despair, at your service." He takes a graceful bow, then stands straight up again, holding his scythe handles loosely, but also ready to act if necessary. "I'm not a mage, no. A cleric. I doubt this town has a proper leader - if it does, I haven't seen or heard anything about them. Either way, there is a powerful mage in this town. Probably a few of them. If anything, they are the ones you must impress to earn such a title." He looks over to the dragon. "Presenting a dragon as a gift might do it... Scales, fangs, wyrmtongue and dragon's fire are all very powerful spell components, but also quite rare and hard to come by. A dragon this size would keep at least one of them busy for a while."
Eschaton: (Did I dc too?)
Britta: (Nu)
DM: (sorry I [pretty much have to stop at this point)
Britta: (Aw... well, it was fun. xD)
Eschaton: (We got a nice start)
DM: (Ya my boss is replacing me today and the next day too so ehh,m but ya good start)
DM: (I mean you can go on as long as you two like ect)
Palla joined the chat
Palla /me "Well then, only-a-hundred-and-twenty-six-cleric-Eschanton-of-the-Clan-of Despair, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Pallas," she says, then stands up straight, shoulder squared, before giving a small bow in return, her arm sweeping out to fold over her belly. "-though feel free to miss the 's' if you do so desire. Everyone does," she adds, then slouches a little again, her arm returning to her side. "If you'd like some of those supplies you just mentioned - the ones that would win favour with whoever's the head honcho here, if there is one, then you should probably speak to Mister Hero about acquiring some of it. You'd probably have to pay. Or grovel at his feet. Whichever works."
Britta: (I have to wait on Kyle for a response. xD)
Palla: (just wanted to get that up, at least)

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 am by Kate Orchix

Session 15 (26th January, 2013)

Ikitt cleared the room 15 seconds ago
Vex changed name to Eschaton
Kate changed name to Britta
Shea changed name to Palla
Ikitt changed name to Chatzy has spam blocked me 5mi
Eschaton: (Nice xD)
Chatzy has spam blocked me 5mi changed name to I know I even amazing myself
Britta: Heh, great... I'll post history. xD
I know I even amazing myself changed name to You will do no such thing I AM
You will do no such thing I AM changed name to DM
Britta: ... yussir.
DM changed name to NVM post it so Vex/Palla talk
Eschaton: (already writing)
Britta
Britta is still obviously quite drunk, and her anger at him for kicking Herc is only increasing. "Like I'd want to kiss you! Despite how attractive you might be! How'c y'do that to the poor thin'? Mebbe she doesn't believe she's a chicken... maybe SHE was the one rushin' up to ya to get kisses or summat, with you bein' some big 'hero' and all that. She prob'ly believes she's some pretty little lady... wearin' a stupid bloomin' dress an' all..." She trails off, seeming to have calmed down with the mental image of her chicken wearing a dress and starts to snicker childishly. "Gawd, that ale was good stuff..." Then her head snaps towards him. "Are you paying me for something?"
Eschaton waves a hand as if she burned him. "One hundred and eighty!? Oh, you wound me - Elves don't age the same as humans, you know. I'm only a hundred and twenty-six! Eschaton of the Clan of Despair, at your service." He takes a graceful bow, then stands straight up again, holding his scythe handles loosely, but also ready to act if necessary. "I'm not a mage, no. A cleric. I doubt this town has a proper leader - if it does, I haven't seen or heard anything about them. Either way, there is a powerful mage in this town. Probably a few of them. If anything, they are the ones you must impress to earn such a title." He looks over to the dragon. "Presenting a dragon as a gift might do it... Scales, fangs, wyrmtongue and dragon's fire are all very powerful spell components, but also quite rare and hard to come by. A dragon this size would keep at least one of them busy for a while."
"Well then, only-a-hundred-and-twenty-six-cleric-Eschanton-of-the-Clan-of Despair, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Pallas," she says, then stands up straight, shoulder squared, before giving a small bow in return, her arm sweeping out to fold over her belly. "-though feel free to miss the 's' if you do so desire. Everyone does," she adds, then slouches a little again, her arm returning to her side. "If you'd like some of those supplies you just mentioned - the ones that would win favour with whoever's the head honcho here, if there is one, then you should probably speak to Mister Hero about acquiring some of it. You'd probably have to pay. Or grovel at his feet. Whichever works."
Eschaton nods at her name, then laughs at her suggestion. "Me? Grovel? As if! And I'm not the one who would be presenting the items anyways, since I don't need them. He's the one looking for attention, he can do it himself. I can take you to them, but the rest is up to you. Or him." He steps closer to the dragon, lightly pinging one of the scales. "Yeah, those would work nicely. Would be interesting to see how Gunther and Git react... And they could probably tell you who you should really talk to if you want recognition for the feat."
Palla picks at one of the scales with a nail, then gazes at her new aquaintance as he speaks, having distracted herself, this time unintentionally, from what he was saying. She looks confused for a moment, then relieved, only now just realising something. "Ohhh. You think I want recognition for this.. Well, Champion's already gaining a lot of that just being out here, 'proper' or not. Me, I couldn't care less about the whole ordeal. All it did was stop me from where I need to be going, and now that he's dragging it out.. Guh. I'll probably tag along with him anyways. Still, whilst the offers there, if you could point us in the direction of your.. friends, then we may be able to get this over much more quickly, and I can move on to doing what i do best," she said, flashing a smile.
NVM post it so Vex/Palla talk changed name to DM
DM: (Ummm.. staring at screen. Trying to write.. )
Britta: (I might try to pick Kyle up and throw him overboard next post... )
DM: "You are quite a drunken mess, I can see so please, just take a few steps back and let get finish up here.. I still need to clean this area and get back to some thing.. So no, I'm paying ya a darn thing, unless you feel like helping the boys lug that thing off the boat." he says turning away from you and whistling with both hands, and the other younger boy come rushing over and start picking up the dead dragon and hauling it over to a cart that just rolled up behind you. The crowd moves away as they get to work, and you see a few of them struggle for just a moment as it's tail flops off into the water. "Oh come on boys, we need that thing undamaged if your going to get payed!"
DM: (This other guardsmen, is so terrible.. I see why I replaced him now.)
Britta eyes Kyle for a very long moment, then shrugs and starts helping the younger boys with the dragon. Herc's head peeks out of the pack, forever staring at Kyle as Britta works. (Any rolls I have to make to make certain Britta's doing this right? xD)
Eschaton grins and turns, spotting Britta wrestling - or attempting to wrestle - with Kyle. "...ah. We might have to delay that a bit. I think my other friend got into a bind." He slowly raises his right hand, pointing loosely at Kyle and Britta from his position near Pallas. "Ah, what to do... Maybe a quick Mark of the Outcast?" He tilts his head as Kyle and Britta break off, then sighs. "Nah, not worth it." Lowering his hand, he walks right up to Kyle and addresses him directly. "Where might you be taking such a fine creature, O Mighty Hero?"
DM: (just a str check)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: Ya manage to handle the tail all by yourself waving the young boy away as you finish carting it up, and see it starting to be pulled off by a ass.
Palla: (I giggled. I'm sorry. )
Britta dusts her hands off together before heading back towards Kyle, seeing that Esch is there too. Maybe Kyle mentioning pay somehow sobered her up, because she seems just maybe... a tinsy bit less tipsy. Herc continues staring at Kyle and Britta gives her a brief glance before gently pushing the chicken's head away. "You can gawk at pretty boys later, weird bird."
Britta: (I did too... xD)
Palla waddles behind the body as the younger guys haul it into the cart, taking the oppurtunity to pocket a few scales whist everybody is too preoccupied to notice. Once she's acquired a satisfying amount she waltzes up behind Esch, hovering around he and Kyle as she waits for them all too move away from the docks.
Eschaton: (Why is everyone giggling?)
Britta: (ass)
Eschaton: (That's what they used to be called)
Palla: (I know, but..)
DM: You see Kyle simply start off back toward the swampland as the river of the town empties out into it, then his thoughts come back to him when he runs his left glove threw his hair. "Mighty? You think to small like most elfs, try Legendary.. As for that swamp gecko, he's off to be carved, skinned, gutted, drained, and tanned. The rich folks will pay a arm and leg for that hide, and some of the fairy caster like to use the blood for somethings." he says locking eyes Palla again. "Whelp I told ya, fog get's dense this time of the year, and we'd need a few more hands for how deep your wanting to go." he motions over toward the cart in the distance. "Why else do you think we ran into Ver's spawn-lings?
DM: (I DC'ed, ya I knew you would two would laugh)
Palla: (:3)
Eschaton: (Alright, I guess I'll be taking charge here as well xD Writing...)
DM: (What... was that dragon's name again? Kate help, memory killing me)
Britta: (Uhhhm...)
DM: (Palla at this point is a NPC and needs to sweet talk, or do something if she wants another ride back out)
Britta: ( "Ya I heard all the stories of the feasts and games that go on in Chessmark.. Though I've yet to actually been to one myself. My father tends to one of the outer shops that lead into the marsh lands, so we have a lot of the bigger hunters pass through always chasing Vascar.. One of the bigger black dragon's in that part." )
DM: (Damn.. so close I thought it was Vercar)
DM: (Round)
Eschaton: (Still writing, this paragraph doesn't want to cooperate)
Eschaton 's lips turn up in the beginning of snort, but he covers his mouth with a hand quickly, turning away to hide it before looking back to Kyle. "You humans are so strange, I'll never figure you out..." He decides against asking for a straight duel, his ears twitching when he hears the next set of words. "If you need a hand, I'd be...Mmm, no, I'd be lying if I said I was "happy" to join you, but I would join you nonetheless if you need more crew members. That being said, I'd be more careful with my words if I were you, little boy. One of those fairy casters might try to kill you."
Palla 's face lights up at the offer of assistance, and she jumps between Esch and Kyle, grinning happily. "That'd be great! We need all the help we can get, y'know. Say.. you look like you can handle yourself, and having a cleric on the team would more than beneficial for all of us, so they're both bonuses! A fighter and a healer-or-whatever! This is great!"
Britta frowns. "Wait, what?" She looks to Esch, wrinkling her nose in confusion. "Did we just sign up for something? Do we get paid this time?"
Britta: (brb)
Palla turns to Britta excitedly, her movements almost twitchy. "Pay? Yes! Wait, no. Maybe!"
Eschaton looks between all three before shrugging, tempted to pop out the scythe blade and startle them so they'd stop for a moment. Instead, he clears his throat loudly. "I don't need to be paid, in the sense that you're thinking." He gives Kyle a once-over, then shrugs. "You don't look like you would know anything about magic, so you probably wouldn't be much help to me... Nor indeed would the rest of the crew." He looks over to Pallas. "...and you need to settle down, but your presence might attract some information since we are both elven."
DM: "Woah, woah.. You know I'm too keen on picking up those kinds of people, we don't even know these people! This boat can only carry so many people, we can't just go hiring every little kid wanting to come. I mean, unless you really think they should get.. a percent of.. Anything. I'm not cutting into my slice, I still got to pay Greg for taking us out that far, so I still need my 40%, if you want to dig and cut into your 60% that's your call Palla." he says turning to Britta and Eschaton. "And last fairy dust sprinkler that tried to get into it with me, quickly found his dogs, and fire breathers skewered, by Angel here.. " patting tenderly on his crossbow
DM: (Well this is the part where if you two want to get payed talk to Palla with skill rolls, and roleplaying!)
Eschaton: (THE REFERENCES)
Britta: (xD)
Britta: (w)
Palla stops in her tracks, then gives a sigh, calming herself. She still looks excited, though not childishly so. At least, not any longer. When Kyle starts to voice his concerns about recruiting, she waves him off. "I'm being strictly professional. So that means, if you two want a slice of the.. payment.. then we're going to have to negotiate prices. As Kyle already said. So, if you're cutting into my sixty, how.. much.. will you be wanting?," she asks, almost timidly. "Or we could always pay you in somehing else.. "
Britta watches both Kyle and Palla, obviously lost in thought for a moment, or in a drunken haze... either way, it looks like she's thinking it through. Her hands lightly rest on the hilts of both her bastard sword blades and she licks her lips. "What does 'something else' suggest?" she asks, a funny grin tossed Kyle's way. "Personal favor, maybe?"
DM: ( I'm playing it off that Palla already talking Kyle into less then 50/50 just because she's a girl, and a rogue and full of skills)
Palla: (Hah, makes sense.)
DM: (They don't even ask what they're getting into xD)
Palla: (Yeah xD)
Britta: (Britta doesn't care. xD)
DM: (Oh ya, go a head and show that picture if you want, by this time you are both close enough to notice his face and glazed over eye)
Eschaton glances at the crossbow, quickly gathering the needed information. "...wood and metal, yes... Crafted well, but non-magical - fragile. Can't have been a very smart mage or he would have broken that first." His eyes flash with his magic for a split second before turning back to Pallas with a wide smile. "I don't need money. I'm looking for something else, but information has been scarce. Magic seems to coagulate in swamps, so I'm fine with just joining the crew for now. If you're offering payment though, then let me have any gems we come across."
Britta http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/128/6/d/scarred_by_miles_johnston-d3fvf6n.jpg
DM: (Ohh gems, I don't know if Palla can do that! hah )
Palla: (That's so ironic)
Eschaton: (I still have the pendant from our foray into the mine, could offer that xD)
DM: The cross is rather stocky and short actually, kinda bulky, and has two large folding hand cranks. Form what you can tell from earlier it slides out into a full length that is roughly the mans height. It has a box that long enough to hold 18 inch long bolts that are set into a strange mechanical devise that non of you have ever seen.
DM: crossbow*))
DM: (From* >,< )
Eschaton: (Unless it weighs 40 pounds, I could destroy it )
DM: (I can't tell you what it's made from or if you could or not break it)
Eschaton: ("Alternatively, you can target shatter against a single solid object, regardless of composition, weighing up to 10 pounds per caster level.")
Britta: (Someone gonna answer Britta?)
Palla turns her attention back to Esch and reaches down to her hip, threading the string of a small pouch from her belt. She waves it about in front of her, letting the contents clack together. "You're too easy, old one," she says, then holds the pouch out to him. "I'm paying you up front. If you make a run for it, I'll be very much inclined to hunt you down.. But I doubt you'd pull such a brash move, now would you?," she comments, then goes to Britta. "What's your price, bar a lovely night with Handsome over here?," she asks, jabbing a thumb in Kyle's direction.
DM: You can see Kyle already subconsciously posing and running his fingers threw his hair again before he speaks. "Personal favor, if your talking a night on the boat that comes free of charge as long as you your tall enough for the ride." (ROUND xD ya I just said that )
Eschaton 's eyes light up when he hears the clack of gems, taking it with a light bow. "I thank you, Miss Pallas, but I can't take all of them if you're a gem hunter like myself. There are four gems that I desire - onyx, opal, moonstone and quartz. They have wonderful properties for a spell I'm looking for. Just one or two of each would do for now, if there are any in here."
Britta tilts her head, about to answer Palla, but she stops with Kyle's comment. For a moment, she just stares at him before chuckling. "I'm afraid that would be a favor you'd be asking me, and I might not be inclined to accept... however dashing you might be. Such nights are not arranged while in business talk." The look she gives him is almost apologetic... and proving that she isn't as drunk as before. "Actually, it was more along the lines of..." - she takes a few steps closer to him, glancing down over the crossbow - "... if you're such a good shot on the beasts, you must have quite a few contacts concerning ways to take them down, ways to heal them, what makes them tick, what... cripples them... Maybe you could help me with a personal issue if I help you. That can be my price... otherwise, if you're busy, I want 20% of what she's having." She tosses a glance in Palla's direction.
Palla watches Esch, hands planted casually on her hips as she goes through the arrangemnts with everyone. "I'm not a gem hunter, precisely," she says, her head flicking back to look at the elf. "But there should be at least two opals, an onyx and three quartz, though one of them's a bit chipped. Sort through them when you're ready, and I'll gladly take the rest bac- 20%?!," she exclaims, whirling around to Britta. Her gaze flickers between Kyle and Britta, then lands on him for a lot longer as she scrambles for something to counter with. "Wh- You can take up her offer, I'm sure," she says quickly, then inches closer, calming herself somewhat. "Surely, a big game hunter such as yourself can teach her a few measly tricks. It's not as though this information is oh so expensive.. I'm sure the company would be desireable, if you're looking for an added benefit," she adds, a twinkle in her eye.
Britta grins, glad that she somehow sneakily managed to manipulate the rogue into siding with her. "What she says is true, most likely... if you're such a 'hero', surely you can spare the time to help me track down a beast and deal to him accordingly?"
Britta: (Talk payment and Britta will sober right up...)
Palla: (So I see)
DM: (I need womenly charm checks here)
Britta: (Uh-oh... WHY!? I STINK AT THESE!!!)
Britta: (Plus Charisma? 5, I think. See?)
Eschaton: (Indeed you do)
Britta: (Palla, roll good!)
DM: He rubs his chin eyeing Britta up and down for everything she is worth. "I mean, I like the crazy and wild kinds but Hmm.."
Britta: (I'm still just too scary, he doesn't like me yet. xD)
Britta: (Puppy dog eyes roll)
Palla rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Britta: (Yeah, I just stink.)
Eschaton: (Good lord)
Britta: (Flutter eyelashes roll?)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 18
Britta: (THERE! 'TIS THE EYELASHES!!!)
Palla: (Geezus, she has good lashes.)
DM: (What's your total Palla? )
Palla: (11 )
Britta: (Now we know what men can finally find attractive about her. Eyelashes. Now armed with this knowledge, she won't be single for long!)
DM: (No you can add in your bluff )
Palla: (Oh, 18)
Britta: (Blimey, eyelash roll bluff!)
Eschaton nods, opening the bag and setting it on his open palm, holding his other hand by the side of the bag. Closing his eyes, the bag glows softly in response to his magic before the stones rise out of it, circling lazily. As he opens his eyes to lightly tap the onyx, an opal and one of the quartz, he absent-mindedly tunes into the conversation happening behind him. He lowers his hand gently, sending the gems he didn't touch back into the bag and leaving the other three hovering near each other. He closes the bag and holds it out for Pallas to take back, looking at Kyle. "You have nothing to lose, what's the problem?" Reaching out, he scoops the three gems into his palm, tucking them away in his pack with the moonstone and locket.
DM: "Sure why not, I mean you do have a point I am pretty amazing. Alright deal, but no promises to when I'll be open could be months after this if everything goes right."
Britta bobs her head. "That's fine, so long as you don't cop out on me by dying. Had that happen a few times before, kinda slows down progress..." However non-caring she seems to say this, she can't hide the fact that there's a sadness in her eyes surrounding what she's saying. She extends a hand as if to seal the deal.
Palla: (kitt, 'after this' as in killing the dragon?)
DM: Shortly after you hear some heavy foot steps as this thick looking trollkin comes back to the main deck from his little cabin of a space. He tends to puff on a smoking pipe and watches all of you not saying anything just making sure everything is ok. Kyle waves back to him. "We're alright here these fan just wanted to get some work too, guy's meet your captain Greg! This is Palla, and of course you already know me. Kyle, The worlds greatest monster hunter ever to live!"
DM: (no finding the thing/place/item/monster we're doing out there in teh swamp)
DM: Kyle gives you no time to say much as he is already hopping off board.- "Whelp I got places to be, women to woo, and too much coin lining my pocket. I'll see ya'll noonish back here. I'm off to Dukes if you need me.."
DM: (Palla you should know enough info to inform them on any questions they might have, if not just link me the chatzy and I'll tell ya)
Palla scoots in front of Britta to shake the woman's hand, either for her or for Kyle, then tries to suppress a grin as he announces himself, and fails, instead busying herself with re-tying the pouch to her belt. "So," she starts, then finishes attaching the pouch. "Questions?"
Britta glances at Esch. "He's the one that does those," she mutters before heading for the board. At first it might appear she was going after Kyle, but she stops on the dock and checks on Herc before looking back. "Hey, Esch, I'm heading back up to that bridge until noon... the one Richtor threw orcs off? Yeah, that one... Just in case ya need me." She then starts heading towards Low Town, intent on finding that bridge once more where Krug's thugs were.
Eschaton looks over to Britta. "Alright, I'll probably just wander for a while... I still have nothing to do for the time being."
DM: (I have people coming in and my boss MAY be replacing me early )
Britta glances back before she can get out of earshot. "Then join me when you're done with questions. I have some skulls to crack if you're keen."
DM: (You sure you don't want to stay and get some info Kate?)
DM: (Like you don't even know what your doing or where your going or anything)
Britta: (... I should)
Britta stops, hesitating, then groans and turns around, heading back and stands before Esch and Palla. "What are we actually going to do...? Anything I should grab...?"
Palla joined the chat 6 seconds ago
DM: (Also you think it kinda close to a 10 hour long boat ride)
DM: (And Palla you know what it's called just not what it does or is there)
Palla: ( http://www.chatzy.com/51311817043576 ) (I can't remember the place's name now though xD)
Palla: (Wait, nvm about going into the chat the history's all there, I'll just read it)
DM: ....
Palla grins a little, then without saying anything reaches into a fold of her shirt and produces a rolled piece of paper, the parchment now stained yellow with age, its edges softened and worn. She doesn't unroll it, however, instead simply holding it up for the others to see. "I initially came here following a rumour that I picked up on about a year ago. I never thought much of it, but then this came into my possession during a.. During my travels. It’s a treasure map, detailing the route to an ancient temple through the Swamp Lands. A place called the Temple of Knowledge, or at least, that’s what it’s been translated too, however rough the process was,” she explains, glancing around the small group. “It is said to hold a vast amount of treasure within its walls, among a ton of other mysterious relics. ‘Master Hunter Kyle’ was my guide, until we got attacked by the lizard.”
Eschaton: (I should take Pallas down to meet Sandra. xD)
Palla: (i stayed with the name. i wasted enough time just writing the thing to stop and come up with another name)
Palla: (Sandra?)
Eschaton: (A fish merchant in Lower Corvis that was hitting on Esch when he and Cauta were down there together. She promised some free fish on his next visit xD)
Britta nods softly, then glances at Esch. "So, treasures and relics and beasts, an attractive crew... what else? Anything else worth asking?" she murmurs. "If not, I'm going to just... head to Lowtown."
DM: (Trollkin for you that don't know http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/20... )
Palla: (Pallas would probably come to call her Fish Girl, just to be charming..)
DM: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/3...
DM: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/2...
Britta: (Na'vi on steroids, who live in mountains instead of trees)
DM: (They are alot thicker and bulker then Na'vi)
Eschaton: (NAVI WHERE -wants to strangle that fairy-)
Palla: (I understand that reference.)
Eschaton: (Good thing someone does, I wanted to strangle Kitt when he said he didn't like LoZ)
DM: (Sandra is in Riverside, off the main pulley system)
DM: (Never said I didn't like LoZ, just wasn't a huge fan)
Palla: (Don't be so happy that I do though - I've never actually played any of them '>>)
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 20
DM: (Well this is the part where Eschaton states his questions and ect, and I call it night most likely )
Eschaton: (You get that reference, that's all I ask. I'm not gonna ask you how to get through the Water Temple or anything)
Palla: (Fair enough xD)
Britta: (Anything happening...?)
Eschaton: (Writing)
DM: Britta you noticed you stepped in dragon blood, and it seems to be making your shoes sizzle.
Eschaton perks his ears up as he hears treasure, becoming visibly interested as the temple is mentioned. "A temple of knowledge... You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. I'm in."
DM: At this point is where it's free time if you want to go to a shop, inn, bar, talk to someone, get more info, items, talk Palla somewhere do it now.
Britta looks down at her boots and quickly wipes them on the side of the ship, trying to make the sizzling stop. "Gosh, blood, seriously? Isn't it enough the thing was dead and didn't even see me? It's got to ruin my boots!?" She scrapes off what she can on the wood of the ship before looking at Palla and Esch. "Hey, how about both of you come with me? Probably won't be able to do the whole skull-cracking thing right now, but maybe when we get back, I'll at least know where to go to do so..."
Eschaton: (I have my scythe and my spider cloak, I'm set.)
Eschaton: (Oh, but that does remind me - what exactly does that cloak do, besides grant Spider Climb?)
DM: (That's all it was, 2/day cast Spider Climb on wearer )
Eschaton: (Ah, okay. I didn't know if that clasp did something else, or if that's the magic he sensed.)
Palla shrugs at Britta's offer. "I'll bite. Only been through here, didn't really stay long, so a wander through this place would be good. Where are you thinking of heading?," she says, taking up the offer.
DM: (Oh I should write a place of interest note for Palla... damn I would have to go back into the history to find the name of all those places and shop ._. )
Palla: (Hah)
DM: (Kate link me history plz)
Britta: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t4515p3...
DM
(Wow that was cheesy.
Welcome Adventures to my own little world of D&D. The realm that which you walk on is known as the Material Plane, and you are all passing through the kingdom called Dar'ush. It is a kingdom ruled by humans and inhabited by a large number of races. Dar'ush is in the middle of several larger kingdoms and mostly stays neutral dealing with trades from all over. These races group from dwarfs seeking trade, tieflings looking for a new home, elfs seeking knowledge, and many more civil versions of races like goblins, half-orcs, and trollkin.)
Britta: (Morngram is the name of Corvis...)
DM: (I forgot Git was just a random NPC that had pop up.)
Eschaton: (Someone tell me the duration on this? http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-exalte... )
DM: (1 round per lvl)
DM: (so 6 secs x your lvl)
Eschaton: (So it lasts for four rounds, and the person I give it to can apply it each round?)
Britta looks at Eschaton before shrugging. "I'm looking for information concerning an orc or... half-orc named Krug. I kind of need to slam his dead corpse on the ground or drag him off to some folks I know... maybe they'll let me talk to them about a small issue that's pissing me off." She glances at Esch. "Remember how we got shut down in the sewers? Erwin, the guy who let us down there, was killed and the trapdoor was locked. I want to know who did both those things and find out why they did that. I almost died down there, so they need their teeth kicked in." She glances towards Palla. "So, basically, what I'm hoping to do now is find out where Krug lives or tends to hang about a lot. Once I know that, if it looks easy, I'll kill him. If not, then I'll come back later and kill him."
DM: (Ya, also Palla just s short of what's going on around you)
DM: So around the center ring of shops on the floor level you can take a bit a time to move around the engrossed crowds and see a few of the venders. There seems to be a baker making hot fresh breads, along side with some cheese wheels selling mostly to fishermen it looks. Another is nothing more then a shack with different hides drying out, from Croc skin, Bear fur, shark skin, and a few others you really can't tell.
DM: You see these signs - "Imported Magical Trinkets" - "Exotic Clothing, and MORE!" - "Stick's Stones!" "Petty's Chop" - "Wilds" - "Tinks Bottled Goods!" are all in Riverside that you remember. In Low town there is "Mary's Magical Pawn Shop" the broken down church, and that's all you found so far. On the Underbridge is "Mule's Sack" Gunthers pub, "Traveler's Pack" that sold generic things like rope cheese ect.
Eschaton: (Rope cheese, yum)
DM: (Well you don't see the signs unless you go walking around with them, they all just remember these places to name a few)
Palla: ('Kay, thanks for the visual. I should probably copy pasta it somewhere so i don't foget what everything looks like..)
Eschaton: (Well unless there's another robe I should pick up... Maybe a shark-skin robe with Swim so I don't have to stay on the ship all the time xD)
DM: (I should honestly do a whole write of Corvis since they've have explored most of it )
Palla "So you're looking for revenge? I guess I can understand some of the reason you're looking for this guy. I'll help out if I can. Least I can do, I guess."
Eschaton: (Woo, it's raining! -runs outside, br
Eschaton: ( brb* )
Britta: (I need directions to get back to that bridge in Lowtown!)
DM: (You mean the waterway?)
Britta: (ya!)
DM: Umm, pay the toll going back up by pulley, take the low risk Lowtown stairsway, or pay the high price for the safe civil High Town stairway?)
Britta: (Lowtown stairways. xD)
DM: well I can't roleplay really anymore my boss could show up and I still got a round to do
Britta: (Aw, ok)
Palla: (I was gonna leave now too. have a massive headache that's starting to screw with me a bit)
Palla: (i'll cyas, i think i just really need to get off the computer xD)
Britta: ('Night)

Back to top Go down

Kate Orchix

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 pm by Kate Orchix

Session 16 (27th January, 2013)

DM: Right now your at the bottom of two cliffs meeting, with a river spliting them in half. With a big of shore line at the bottom. The river is huge, think Mississippi River if you've ever seen it. With chunks of broken stone still sticking out of the water at several places and huts, bridges all tied together linking them across kinda like Water World the movie.
DM: In the center of the River is a larger solid piece that has spiraling stairs build up to three layers, each ring/level is set with stores, food places, ect building into it. At the top is a large pulley system that has lines reach all the way up to both cliff sides and the massive dwafven bridge that is above you.
DM: The bridge links both sides of the cliff, and is broken underneath it, and some fell into the River. The city use to be a dwafven city that was builded and filled in with stone and goes deeper into each side of the cliff, the north end being Lowtown, and the South end being Hightown.
DM: Not only do these seprated the wealthy from the poor but it's because Lowtown has too many underwater rivers causing it leak and makes the building unstable that were build there.
DM: Hard to word..
Britta: (You're doing good!)
DM: Down on River side there is a large opening that goes deep inside the hollowed cliff facing each with remains of what was the dwarf city, Lowtowns is much worst because of the underground rivers giving it a moist slightly moldy smell and has few stable areas. Meaning several of the older tunnels are caved in or flushed out.
DM: High town on the hand is building into the cliff facing but is still intact mostly, and actually has guards and laws unlike Lowtown. They don't see Lowtown as a possible place to live, hence why so many shady people live in lowtown. Umm
DM: Anyquestions so far [Shea]?
Palla: (Are there any important people in Hightown?)
DM: Also inside of each Low and High town is a set of massive stairs that leads all the way up to the Bridge. Which is three levels also, the top level of the bridge is on par with the ground so travelers can ride across it. But underneath that is long hollowed hallway full of buildings, traders, stores, and inns, underneath that level is the water way, which is where the run off from rain drains too, sewer from the other levels, and is a trash.
DM: Hightown has one of the larger schools of magic in them, and the only person you may know of is Professor Dumas. Who is the town's major.
DM: Beside that, no one has even stepped foot into Hightown.
DM: Where the link to that picture I made?
Britta http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files7/195907/yhXsoRTtF45.png
DM: No need for () I'm still just trying to give you a mental image of how big this place really is.
Palla: It's sounding pretty damn big.
DM: The river is huge, and so is the remains of the old city
DM: Also because I didn't say so before, the River actually runs West to East, with the Swamplands to east
DM: so the bridge is also South to North unlike the picture
DM: just turn your head and it should make sense xD
Eschaton: This one's for Kitt. http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/pho...
DM: So Riverside has several boats that ride up and down for trade, and is generally good people. The Hightown is mostly fancy rich assholes, and Lowtown is roguish, scum, or poor people
DM: I like it
DM: Hmmm... anything I missed guys? Or you think is important for her to know? We can just say you two gave her a tour of the place
Britta: Not that I can think of
DM: Actually I think the Mississippi River is too big, maybe half it
DM: Feel free to ask questions and things to them. I got to do a round then I guess I'll try to throw something together
Eschaton: Try the Colorado River

LATER…

DM: Once you finally make your way across the wooden rope bridges, and back to solid ground on the north side of Rvertown, you start to make your way into Lowtown. The opening is huge and can easily fit 8 carts across, above you is a large magical orb that seems to light up dimmly and hum non-stop as you keep walking further down the road leading out to a large hollowed cavern full of old crumbling houses. The road keeps following down to a towns plaza, then turns left and empty's out toward a rubble pile, with a broken pillar and sunken roof blocking off what use to be the old city. Backtrack would show that road also leads to a smaller underground highway that leads up circling to a set of stairs that ends at the bridge town. Many side streets seem to branch off while you head up, showing exit holes to where pulley systems would give you rides back to Riverside, and some sewer opening that lead back to the waterway. The smell is very rank the closer you get to the waterway.
Britta: (w)
DM: For lighting you spot several smaller magic lamppost littering the roads, but only about half of them seem to still be in working order. The streets are surprisingly empty and many of the house that you walk pass have they're doors shut and locked. You do spot a beggar here and there as more of the wealthier people pass, trying to make there way to the pulley system.
DM: (I be painting pictures with words it seems.. )
Britta isn't too bothered by the scent, having shoved Herc further into her pack so the chicken won't catch any attention from anyone they pass - the poor chicken seems increasingly nervous for some reason. Britta glances over her shoulder at Esch and Palla. "Esch, remember when Richtor started throwing orcs into the river? I'm looking for their boss, Krug... would you know anything about him?" Her question seems to be directed at Palla on the off-chance that she might have heard of the orc somewhere before.
Eschaton looks up at Britta's question. "Yeah, I remember you talking about him, but I was elsewhere with Cauta when it happened, remember?"
Britta looks a bit confused, then vaguely waves a hand. "I'm fairly certain you were there when Richtor threw an orc into some fisherman's boat. Never mind if you weren't... I don't remember things too well after I've been drinking."
Palla keeps an eye out as they pass through the 'slums', or at the very least, Corvis' version of a slum. Knowing all too well how easy it can be pickpocket unsuspecting folks in places like this, she keeps her hands on her purse inside her coat. "I've seen a few orcs around, but I think they'd just be some of the guys lackeys.. You know, thugs. But I don't think I've come across the head guy before. Like I said, I only really passed through here.."
Britta: (I go looking for a beggar!)
Britta: (I'm blind!)
Britta: (Search roll then...)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Britta: (I'm still blind... that has to be beneath a 12)
DM: (Search is for finding items, not spotting things.)
Britta nods slowly, then grins. "Then let's find this city's eyes and ears. Where was the last beggar we passed?"
Britta: (Ok)
DM: But it's easily enough to spot a beggar, and he is more then happy to approach you with both hands cupped toward you. "Oh please spare some crowns, I only need a few more for my sick wife and cart ride to Hightowns doctor.. Please anything, just a crown or two at least!" he cries rushing to Britta. The Gnomish man is small, and draped in ragged dirty clothing, doesn't look like he's bathed in months.
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 19
Britta: (What's the die roll for?)
Britta: (I'M SCARED)
DM: (Everyone sense motive checks! And I'm not suppose to show you my rolls, :3 )
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Britta: (5 -.-)
Palla rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 9
Eschaton: (Either 11 or 12, too lazy to look it up)
Palla: (15)
DM: You all truly believe this man wife is in some dire need!
Britta rests her hand on her coin purse, letting the beggar see that it bulges with coin. She slowly starts to thumb it open, reaching inside. "Can you give us some information on an orc or half-orc named Krug?" she asks.
Palla watches the beggar, easing closer. She spots Britta showing off her purse, however, and gives a warning glance at the back of her head. "Bad idea, lady," she mumbles.
Eschaton holds up a hand to Pallas. "Easy... If he tries anything, we can fix it."
DM: Palla you feel your heart strings getting pulled for just a moment before coming back to reality, something about him is just a tad off making you believe he isn't telling the whole truth. Though you really don't care probably. "Anything that I can, just so I can get her all the way there, she's quiet bed ridden... Though I don't know many orcs, they then to just push me down when I ask for help."
DM: (But ya, even Easchaton would believe this mans story and feel bad)
Britta thumbs one gold coin. "Any idea where they head? Where they tend to hang out most?"
DM: "I know I've seen them tolling people at the waterway once in a while, they like to make it that much harder for people to get into Hightown's back door."
DM: (Palla or Eschaton give me a spot check )
Eschaton rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 17
Palla rolldie
Palla: (GAH)
Britta slips that coin to one hand and reaches as if to go for another, but asks him another question first. "Any names? Overheard them say anything about where they are headed...?"
Palla rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 20
Britta: (Woo!)
Palla: (23~)
Palla: (But yeah xD)
DM: His hands are fast for how frail the beggar looks, snatching up the coin quickly and biting it. "Umm, just.. no no names.. Just a sharp kick in the arse.. and that they though I was a toad that skimm by them last time." -Eschaton your eyes glaze over a alleyway but quickly come back to the beggar, you can't help but feel for the man. Palla on the other hand manages to catch a pair of eyes, watching Britta thumb out the coins. Just two figures sitting on the floor with there back to the wall, with ragged clothing fitting tightly around them.
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 71
DM rolled a die with 100 sides. The die showed: 29
Britta nods and palms one more coin, closing her coin purse and tucking it back beside one of her blades on her belt. She gives him the remaining coin. "Thanks."
DM: (Oh wow you rolled a nat 20, you also can make one thumb a dagger.. >,> Shea nat 20's ruining my surprises )
DM rolled a die with 4 sides. The die showed: 1
DM: (so any checks, or post, ideas questions?)
Britta: (... can I shove the purse down Britta's front for safety?)
Britta: (I'm feeling very protective now. xD)
DM: (YOU are, Britta isn't she drunkly fool hardy and wouldn't do so. As she doesn't give a rats ass where she is)
Palla brushes off Eschanton's warning, then leans over Britta's shoulder as the exchange comes to a stop, her eyes distractedly pinned to the two members in the alley. "Time to go. Like, now."
Eschaton glances up, feeling like he's being watched. Looking around, he fails to spot anything out of the ordinary, but his fingertips glow just slightly as he builds a spell, staying wary.
Britta frowns over her shoulder at Palla. "Whut?"
DM: (round and don't go munchkining it up Eschaton! )
DM: (feel free to talk and walk fast)
Eschaton: (Munchkin it up? I don't get it.)
Britta: (Do things that seem like you know something that only OOC you would know - munchkin xD)
DM: (Palla sense motive check, if you beat a 13 you get the feeling you've seen that look before, and ether someones purse was going to get cut, or throat.)
Palla rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 15
Palla: (Yesssss)
Palla: (21 total)
Eschaton: (If I had magic and it felt like I was being watched, I'd get something ready >.> )
Eschaton: (But then my paranoia would kick in and I'd throw lightning bolts at anything that moved)
Palla slips in front of Britta, placing herself between Britta and the beggar, and lightly nudges the woman back the way they came. "It's no good here. You aren't getting the information you need from him, and the coin you've given him isn't enough. You already flashed your goods - if he can take the rest, he will. Trust me, I know how this works."
Britta looks a bit miffed that Palla's trying to boss her around and she rests her hand over her coin purse as if to make sure that the rogue herself isn't trying to take any. "He's harmless," she mutters, but shrugs. "Lead the way if you've got a better idea, half-knifey."
Palla: (Oh no she di'nt)
Eschaton watches Pallas with a smirk on his lips. "You remind me of someone..." Shaking his head slowly, he clears his throat. "Never mind. Shall we go?"
Eschaton: (I'm tempted to just rewrite everything for Esch in Archaic)
Britta: (GAH, DINNER DOWN MY FRONT!!!)
Eschaton: ( http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/pho... )
Palla: (tsk, tsk)(Hmm.. thinking of how to respond to all that..)
DM: (..dinner down your what? )
Britta: (Y'know what!)
Britta: ('save it for later' what)
DM: (Also not everyone in Lowtown is bad or up to no good, my random npc generator just came out that way and how long you guys standing there, or are you walking?)
Britta: (I wanna be moving whichever way Palla is herding me)
Palla scoffs, then elbows Britta in the back with another nudge, just missing her spine, before sweeping past her. "Half-knifey. Like I haven't heard that one before. In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to get your ignorant ass out of a spot," she snaps, then moves past Esch, stopping for a moment to look back at him. "Who do I- Actually, nevermind," she adds, then turns quickly and continues walking.
Eschaton: (I'm heading out)
Britta frowns and follows Palla. "What spot!?" She's starting to sound a wee bit indignant, her hand still over her purse. "You think I can't take down some scrawny beggar if he tries something on me? What am I, a child!?"
Britta: (Heading out?)
Eschaton: (Out, away, in the opposite direction of the danger.)
DM: (You all tell me where your going, up to Highland City Bridge, or testing your luck in the waterway; might I add there was no walls to stop you from slipping and falling to your death there, or _____ for the rest of the day? THe day end when you want to)
Britta: (Is there any chance of finding Krug?)
Britta: (I'd like to go to the waterway, but Britta's just following Palla now, getting herself in a childish tiffy. )
Palla: (w)
DM: (There is he just in his hideout, meaning even if you find it you'll have to find a way to get a aduance? with him )
Britta: (Hmmm...)
DM: (But you do know what they do for some income, by tolling people to use the 'back door' into hightown)
DM: (Hightown doesn't let everyone in, and the 'toad' if you remember is probably Git)
Palla shakes her head grumpily, still moving away. "You really have no idea, do you?,” she says, glancing back for a moment. “Having muscle doesn't matter, not always. If they can gang up on you, they will, and if the tables happen to turn when you get into a fight with them, you could find yourself bleeding out in a gutter before you know it. And right now, being completely oblivious to the world around you is definitely hurting your chances, if just gives them more of a chance to stab you in the back."
Britta: (Hmmm... yusss... try there if Britta doesn't go off on rant)
Palla: it*)
DM: (stab you in the back... or side, neck, spine, kidney.. throat.. (I just see Palla going on and on xD ))
Palla: (She knows way too much about this sorta stuff x3)
Britta glares at Palla's back, annoyed that a stranger she doesn't even know is trying to give her a speech on how to live her life. She snorts, deciding the conversation isn't worth it, the remaining liquor in her system perhaps making her a little more compliant than normal. "I've done fine for four years on my own. What do you think another day is going to be with you lot?" She leaves the question unanswered. "Let's go see if we can find this 'toll' they sometimes run... maybe some of Krug's men will be there." She shoots Palla a glance. "Do you speak Orc? And what about you, Esch?"
DM: (Also Palla this city is deep just closed off, and sealed away to keep monsters from showing up in town. But there are a few ways to explore underneath the city, or even in the river. So many sunken buildings and all.)
Eschaton: (Wow, my brain is fried tonight >< )
DM: (Well hurry up and scramble it and get back in the game)
Eschaton shrugs. "Celestial, Common, Elven. I don't know anyone else here who speaks Orc."
Palla glares back with a strange grin, then tilts her head at Britta, almost sizing her up before her features turn somewhat serious, and she crosses her arms. "I speak Orc, but Gods forbid I give you anymore help today," she remarks.
Palla: (dinner!)
Palla left the chat
Britta gives Palla a snide grin back. "Just as well I speak Orc myself, then. You can translate for Eschaton here." (Sorry... I can't help it, Britta just hates other women that think they're better than her! xD)
DM: You start to see the roads getting much nicer but not a lot, with more and more merchants heading down from the bridge to the pulley systems to get down to Riverside and sale some of there goods or travel back elsewhere by boat. Off the side of the stairs leading farther up you notice a dip that has a low ceiling stone passage that takes you down a bit then connects sharply to the waterway underneath the bridge. It's kinda scarier then you remember, as the wind from being so high is blowing, and the constant flow of water and light sewage pitter patter down the gutters and wash off falling into the river emptying out to the marsh. (ROUND)
Britta: (Britta will soon cool down a bit, trust me. I can't play her like this all the time, so she'll probably look for some common ground with Palla that will at least let her tolerate her.... I know, drama. She was the same way with Cauta.)
DM: (WE WILL WAIT FOR PALLA)
Britta: (AS YOU COMMAND)
Britta: (I MUST PEE)
Britta: (back)
Palla joined the chat 7 seconds ago
Palla: (Yeah, Palla's about the same. It's not that she's as prideful - she just won't take being insulted, especially while she's trying to lend a hand, which doesn't come too often)
Britta: (Britta's still tipsy too, which doesn't help her mood. xD She has a problem with women thinking they're better than her, so she'll take up issues with them if she thinks it needs to be addressed. She doesn't like people walking on her, but was a bit oblivious back there, and didn't realize Palla was actually trying to help - she only saw one beggar.)
Palla: (Yeah, I get that xD Palla's also just grumpy because Britta didn't notice, and is now thinking that Britta's just some dumb grunt who's going to get them all killed.)
DM: (Girls, girls, your both pretty now can ya stop fighting and move on?)
DM: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s...
Britta: (xD! Sorry, I just wanted to make a point that it's Britta being a *beep*... I've had problems in RPs where the other person didn't realize I wasn't grumpy at them, but it was my character grumpy at THEIR character. xD Let's go!)
Britta: ('The great wyrm... it lies dead.' "oooOOOOOooooh...")
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/379186_10151263582941909_644236264_n.jpg
Eschaton: (You came to the wrong chicken pen, mothafucka.)
Palla: (Vex xD)
DM: (I didn't mean to eat your eggs, we can talk about this)
Britta: (I love guinea fowls... look like little old ladies' hats.)
DM: (whelp I'm back what did I miss?)
Britta: (Nothing? xD)
DM: You start to see the roads getting much nicer but not a lot, with more and more merchants heading down from the bridge to the pulley systems to get down to Riverside and sale some of there goods or travel back elsewhere by boat. Off the side of the stairs leading farther up you notice a dip that has a low ceiling stone passage that takes you down a bit then connects sharply to the waterway underneath the bridge. It's kinda scarier then you remember, as the wind from being so high is blowing, and the constant flow of water and light sewage pitter patter down the gutters and wash off falling into the river emptying out to the marsh.
Britta: (Anyone writing? If not, I'll toss something up)
Palla: (Go ahead)
DM: At the far end you see another triple set of orcs, and a half-orc sitting at a small table and chair with a board iron door behind them leading into what you can only is the backdoor to Hightown. Kinda like what you just walk from. Also it's a long walk, and kinda spooky being that high up, is anyone wanting to look off the edge? Cause there is no railing.
Britta decides against looking over the edge, seeing as the wind is a bit gusty still and she doesn't want to risk embarrassing herself by having to be rescued by Esch or Palla. She heads straight along to the far end of the path, one hand still over her coin purse, the other arm swinging freely at her side. She tries to approach the three orcs and half-orc with a neutral expression, but maybe the alcohol is showing through, because she's got the slightest dumb smirk on her face. "Hey," she greets in Orc, letting the Tenvean accent slip through in the hopes maybe one will recognize her for her homeland - it would help them appreciate either she's got a scary husband out there ready to back her up, or she's alone and tougher for it, being Tenvean and all... The dumb cultural stuff. "Toll, right?"
DM: (ether of you two want to join in?)
Palla: (w)
Eschaton joined the chat
Eschaton: (I think I'm just gonna follow for a bit, only step in when necessary. Brain so fried right now)
Palla hovers behind Britta boredly, both hands stuffed into the pockets of her pants. She makes sure to stay close to Esch's side, ready to translate whatever the orcs, and Britta, decide to spit out in the trademark, guttural language.
DM: Two them seem hard at work trying to best one of another in a game of cards, you can see they each got tiny pebbles that they keep setting on different cards to hold them down. The other two just grunt nodding at ya before speaking back.- "Ya, you know the drill I see.. Good, make this simple. Thirty crowns a head, otherwise ya can find another way in." he says rubbing his chin, while eyeing ya. The half-orc is lazily resting with her back to the door making sure she doesn't have to get involved.
Britta: (Who spoke... are they sitting at hte table?)
Britta: (*the)
DM: (Xd I'm terrible as DM as you can see [Shea]. Three are at the table playing some cards, half-orc is leaning against the door, and the male orc is talking to you.)
Palla: (Don't worry about it - you don't even wanna see how I'd DM)
Britta drops her hands onto the back of the nearest chair, leaning forward just slightly. "I'm not looking to get inside High Town. However, maybe you gentlemen could help me. I'm looking for Krug. Know where I might be able to find him?"
DM: "Depends what'ch wanting with the'y boss? Cause he ain't the kinda boy ya just goin find, laying about.. He's living the good life now in Hightown." he says, chuckling a bit
Britta: (Sense Motive)
Britta: (... WHYU!OGHERPOZGPER)
DM: (Why must you try to find all my plot devises early and never find the ones I want you to find?)
DM rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 16
DM: Ya pretty sure he doesn't care, and is telling the truth.
Britta: (What do you think you guys did with going through the spider hallway into the 'Lost' section of the island? xD)
Palla "And yet he still has you lot shaking down strangers at the city's limits," Palla buts in, in Orcish.
Britta nods slowly. She shoots Palla a glance, then looks at the Orc again. "I need to talk with him... about The Murder, and no, I don't mean a killing. I might have a deal to offer him if he can give me something I need in return..." She tilts her head at the Orc, glancing at the doors, then at the edge of the platform before going back to gazing at the Orc. "Do you think maybe you could pass a message along? My companions and I must leave Corvis shortly, but I'll be back before... how long, Palla?"
DM: He hocks a huge spittle off into the gutter before speaking. "Ehh, it's a livin. Damn upper tight arses don't like have many of the.. 'rougher' kinds of life around them. Scares them into thinking they's normal people.. Krug's only there for coins, which he fliters down to us for a bit of work, like throwin trash out."
DM: (we posted at the same time dang, but that first before yours)
Eschaton looks back and forth between Pallas and Britta, trying to decipher any of the sounds coming from their mouths. "Well, uh... Isn't it a lovely day."
Britta: (brb)
DM: "Murder?" his tone seems to lighten up and he gives you a confused look and sly grin. "We don't deal in murder, wha ya think we are? Wild orcs, he just workin here lady.. If ya want him see him, you got ask himself. I ain't no message boy."
DM: About that time Eschaton you see a lovely rotten sewer rat float pass you.
DM: (he = we*)
Eschaton: (Lovely indeed)
Eschaton: (VERVAL RETURNS)
DM: (The old ones, awake..)
Palla shrugs. "It'll take about a day and a half get there and back, then a day rummaging inside. The place is supposed to be huge," she says, then turns to Esch. "She was asking for Krug, but they say he hangs about in Hightown now. And that you guys need to talk to him about.. Something about Murder? But not as in killing."
Palla: (day and a half getting there, and the same time coming back, if that wasn't clear. I feel I didn't write that right somehow)
Eschaton blinks. "Murder? With a capital M? That could be an event or person, but there are too many of both to check each and every one."
DM
Eschaton looks back and forth between Pallas and Britta, trying to decipher any of the sounds coming from their mouths. "Well, uh... Isn't it a lovely day."
About that time Eschaton you see a lovely rotten sewer rat float pass you.
Eschaton: (Lovely indeed) <-- I LoL'ed too hard this
Palla "She said it like it was an event. 'The Murder. Like it's special, well-known, even.. But I'm only speculating. Thought you would know."
DM: (I see it floating pass as he says that and gets caught on a stick or something, and him nudging it trying to push it off the waterway)
Eschaton shakes his head. "No, I wouldn't know of it... I don't know enough of Orcs or their customs, and I don't know any spells for knowledge retrieval."
Britta glances at Palla and Esch, then back to the Orc. "No message, I get it. Sorry I asked. But tell me one thing, where could I find him in High Town? Don't worry... I'll come back and pay you your toll when I'm ready... maybe a little something extra for whoever of your men..." - here she glanced them over - "... will tell me any catches about trying to approach Krug? My intentions are peaceful, unless he intends harm towards myself." Through out all this, she hasn't mentioned Esch or Palla will be accompanying her. It's as if she doesn't expect them to stick around.
Eschaton: (I'm not gonna risk losing my special stick)
Palla shrugs again. "Well, we'll just have to ask her when she's finished."
DM: (give me diplomacy Britta)
Britta: (*sighs at rolls that hate her...*)
Britta: (I'm sure there's a +1 or something. Maybe nothing...)
Britta: (I have rolled nothing over 5 today!)
Palla: (Looks like I've passed my bad luck onto you)
Britta: (... check to see if I'm cursed.)
Britta rolled a die with 20 sides. The die showed: 7
Britta: (Hey, 2 over 5... 'tis better.)
DM: The orc seems pretty tight lipped about telling where he actually is without paying the toll yet, and he just walks back and picks up his talk with the female half-orc. ROUND (Sorry Britta I can't help you roll that much better)
Britta: (u.u)
Britta watches the orc move off, a slightly disgruntled expression crossing her face. She drums her fingers on the back of the chair, continuing drumming with one hand while she rests a hand on one of the two throwing axes at her side, eyeing the Orc's head as he speaks to the half-orc. She licks her lips as if considering the thought of throwing the axe into the back of his head, but slowly seems to discard the idea. "Later, then." She turns, taking a few steps away, out of earshot of the orcs before speaking to Palla and Eschaton. "I'll find another way into High Town if I can when I return... for now, perhaps we should just go back to the ship. What do you two think?"
Palla rubs a hand over her forehead and leans back, watching the orcs for a moment before glancing to Britta as she comes back into their company. "Whatever you want, it's your revenge spree," she says, though lightly, and without so much as a hint of venom, unlike earlier.
Britta shrugs. "Not really revenge anymore... this is just turning more and more interesting, is all. Two sides against each other... its ripe with opportunities to get in through the gaps and stir up trouble until I find what I'm looking for. But, who knows? Maybe there's a good reason behind what happened."
DM: (Derailing hard left, that's fine. Well Vex you still wanting to go or are you passing out?)
Palla "Then I guess we should head back to the boat, or take a look around. As long as it doesn't involve us trudging through the low parts of town again.."
Britta: (I prefer flying cars to trains...)
Britta: (Plus, I'm getting back on your rails! Just... finding out how to get somewhere I wanna go the next time I climb off again!)
DM: (Oh I told ya, I got like 5 different side-quest or more in town )
Britta: (VEX!)
Eschaton: (Meh, not sure)
Eschaton: (I can keep following in case something happens, but today is just so dull of a day.)
DM: (Yush I'm using this as a excuse to end tonight kinda early, so I may be busy skimming D&D books)
Britta: aw

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2