Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 4



ZE QUAKER
You stare longingly at the cookies, but control yourself long enough to say:
Roll (Charisma: 2): HIDDEN!
"Yes Mademoiselle... Do you know anything that might aid our investigation? And what about those creatures that you mentioned?"
She looks at you bemusedly and finishes chewing a bite of cookie before answering.
"Well now, ain't you fancy. I reckon I know as much as anyone in this town 'bout them things... I stay up at night, you know. Watching 'em. Making sure they don't get up to any... funny business."
You gesture for her to continue, and she does.
"I never got a good look at 'em, but they're like... like one of them really big dogs. Move like monkeys though-- knuckling along and the like. Don't do much. Just wander around town, gruntin' and howlin'. Sometimes they'll start wailin' and screamin' and start sluggin' a wall, but mostly they just... lurk. All suspicious like. I don't trust 'em."
She crosses her arms as she finishes, and lets out a "humph!"

Guilty
You practice your ventriloquism.
"What's up with everyone? The town seems... quiet. Like we aren't anything out of the ordinary."
Roll (Agility: 5, Charisma: 4): Hidden!
She looks at you, then at Operative Quaker.
"Is he always this stupid, or is that just for special occasions?"
Turning her attention back to you, she gives you a belittling expression.
"You crashed into our town at the crack o' dawn, and expect everyone to be awake? I reckon they're mostly in shock or somethin'. You left a mighty big crater."

Sol Terran
You investigate the back yard.
Roll (Perception: 3): Hidden!
You don't see anyone back here, much less aliens...
You head inside to join the group.

Sir Luckington Esquire III
You hand your high explosives to Operative Quaker, and attempt to ignore the conservation of mass.
Roll (Intelligence: 1): 4!
...You have a double-ended sword. It weighs the same as it's component parts.
Items Removed: [Machete] [Gladius]
Item Acquired: [2X Sword (1H) [20/20]—+0 to hit, 1d6 damage, Strength Mod: 1d6, Stamina Cost: 12, Hits twice] Weight: 22!
Weight Update: [50/40]
Operative Quaker Weight Update: [47/50]
Achievement Unlocked: [Kraftsman!: craft an item]
Status Applied: [Encumbered II— -2 Agility, -20 maximum stamina]
Rule Discovered: There is a one turn buffer between exceeding your weight limit and being burdened!

Jack Phoenix
You investigate the woman's background.
Roll (Perception: 4, Intelligence: 3): Hidden!
You see several pictures of the woman and an older couple-- her parents perhaps? The kitchen is very clean-- you'd guess either she doesn't cook often, or she doesn't get out much. Considering the town, you assume the latter.
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Fadeview on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 am

Find a chest or coat rack to stow my armor, then interrogate the woman as to how she has avoided being eviscerated, obliterated, mind-controllerated or generally killerated by any aliens thus far.

Fadeview
Mist
Mist

Join date : 2012-06-13
Male

Posts : 16
Age : 25
Location : Somewhere you wouldn't expect.


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Hmmm skulking around at night then huh...

SLEEPOVER!

But wait...something still isn't right...I wonder...

Investigate the basement!

Then maybe sleepover...
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Guilty Carrion on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

For the record...I didn't crash the dropship. That was gravity. This redneck woman is grouchy and bitchy, and I want little to do with her and her accent. I'll investigate the second floor, if she has one. If not, another adjacent room that hasn't been pilfered in the name of Englandia yet.
avatar
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2010-01-12
Male

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : The Underdark


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Eternal Phoenix on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Ask the woman what happened to the couple in the photograh, and if the creatures have killed anyone in town yet.
avatar
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-30
Male

Posts : 165
Age : 31
Location : Strolling the Galactic Wasteland...


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 pm

note: Due to already having updated in the last 24 hours, if DD doesn't get an update in tonight, I *WON'T* go on without him. The idea is that you have at 24 hours to check the forum and make a post, not that it updates every night-- that's just the side effect.
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Dreamless Days on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Sorry, I was in bed. You know, time zones and shit. XD

Rendezvous' with Phoenix and also question the woman.

"Have you noticed anyone in town acting strangely since the creatures started showing up?"
avatar
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Join date : 2011-06-07
Male

Posts : 455
Age : 25
Location : The Almighty Oz


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 5



Sir Luckington Esquire III
You place your armor on the table, then turn to face the woman.
Roll (Charisma: 1): HIDDEN!
"WHY YOU NO DEAD UR ALIENIFICATIONATED YET?!" you bellow at her.
She blinks, and faints.

ZE QUAKER
You investigate the woman's basement!
Roll (Perception: 2, Luck: 2): HIDDEN!
...
Bitch is into some kinky stuff. You find a braided leather whip, and feel oddly compelled to steal it.
Item Acquired: [Whip o' Sexytime [5/5]: +2 to hit, 1d6 damage, Strength Mod: 0, Stamina Cost: 1, Applies Effect: [Oddly Aroused]], 1 lb
Achievement Unlocked: [Packrat: Scavenge an item]

Guilty
You investigate the 2nd story of the poor woman's home.
Roll (Perception: 2, Luck: 2): HIDDEN!
You find a bed. It isn't made. MOST SUSPICIOUS.
...Also, pink fuzzy handcuffs. What are these doing here?
Item Acquired: [Fuzzy Cuffs! [15/15]: Good for restraining someone... you think.], 0 lb
Achievement Unlocked: [Packrat: Scavenge an item]

Jack Phoenix
You ask about the cou--
"GOSH DARN IT SIR LUCKINGTON ESQUIRE THE THIRD! WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO AND DO THAT?"
Roll (Strength: 3, Luck: 3): 6!
The sheer volume of your voice rouses the woman, who sits up blearily.

Sol Terran
You help the woman back into her chair, and ask her another question.
Roll (Charisma: 4): HIDDEN!
"Has anyone in town been acting strange lately? Out of character, perhaps?"
She pauses a moment to think on that.
"No, not that I can think of, no..."



Global Update!
There is a loud moaning sound from outside-- seemingly coming from all directions. The house begins to shake under a multitude of small impacts. The woman faints. Again.

The front door splinters, and one of the townsfolk is standing there, eyes glazed and butcher's cleaver in hand. He staggers drunkenly for a moment as he disentangles himself from the ruined door.

You see three other townsfolk shambling behind him.

Note: If you don't make an attack this next round, at least make a note of what weapons are in your hands-- I'll be using that for reaction firing. It won't take a full turn to switch the items in your hands, but switching AND attacking isn't allowed-- so you could switch and search a room, but not switch and fire.
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Fadeview on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Use the main-hand to fire a shot from my pistol at the deranged townsman, and use my Darth Maul Sword to cut the fainted bitch's head off.

Fadeview
Mist
Mist

Join date : 2012-06-13
Male

Posts : 16
Age : 25
Location : Somewhere you wouldn't expect.


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 am

Moaning?! But I haven't done anything with the whip ye-...

Um...yes, awkward, let's not go there...hmmm...

Well obviously there are zombies, and upon coming up the stairs I see what it going on...

MY GAWD!

MY SPECIALITY!

VIOLENCE!

Fire a three round burst at the door (Possibly hitting the people behind him...I wonder?) since the first man has already been targeted...WITH MAH RIFLE!
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Guilty Carrion on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 am

That sounded vaguely like shit hitting the fan! Commence ninja stealth mode, my three knives equipped in the traditional style of Ass-kick-fu.
avatar
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2010-01-12
Male

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : The Underdark


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Dreamless Days on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 am

Being trained more for things other than general combat, tip the table on it's side and get behind it for cover, blindly shooting a few rounds from my pistol.
avatar
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Join date : 2011-06-07
Male

Posts : 455
Age : 25
Location : The Almighty Oz


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Eternal Phoenix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 am

Two handed shooting with my pistol. At the crazy townspeople. Until they're all dead. Or i has no bullets. Either way.
avatar
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-30
Male

Posts : 165
Age : 31
Location : Strolling the Galactic Wasteland...


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 6



Sir Luckington Esquire III
You flip into bloodthirsty combat mode! TWIN STRIKE— BRITISH FURY, GO!
First, the maniac!
Pistol Shots (1dAgility): 2!
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 1): 6-1(Multi-targeting)= 5!
Citizen One Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 6, 3-- 6!
Despite the power of the venerable lineage coursing through your veins, this low-born peasant defies your bullet-- actually batting it aside with his blade!
Rule Discovered: Multi-targeting (attacking different enemies simultaneously) incurs a combat penalty, due to having to keep track of two targets.
Achievement Unlocked: [Source Book: Discover a rule.]
Re-targeting Roll: 2!
Re-targeting Roll: 6! SUCCESS!
Rule Discovered: If someone is behind your target, and you miss, your attack has a 1/6 chance of re-targeting (stacking for each person).
Citizen Three Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 1, 5-- 1!
Damage Roll: (2d6): 5+2=7!
One of the men lurking outside the doorway is hit in the arm!
Citizen Three Health Update: [13/20]
Ammo Update: {7/8}

Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 1): 4-1(Multi-targeting)= 3!
Citizen One Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 1, 4-- 4!
Damage Roll (2d6): 2+6=8!
You see he's off guard, and fire again: hitting him squarely in the shoulder. TAKE THAT, PEASANT!
Citizen One Health Update: [12/20]
Ammo Update: {6/8}

Now, the second prong of the infamous TWIN STRIKE— BRITISH FURY!
You slash at the woman's throat!
Stamina Update: [28/40]
Melee Attack Roll (Agility: 4): 1, 5, 5, 5-- 5-1= 4!
Woman Dodge Roll (Agility: 4): 6, 4, 1, 2-- 4!
She rolls out of the way at the last moment, and springs to her feet with a snarl. Her eyes have turned pure black, and she looks at you hungrily.
"Oh, you're going to make a fiiiine pet..."
Rule Discovered: In the event of a tie, I favor the defender.

Melee Attack Roll (Agility: 4): 3, 4, 1, 6-- 4-1= 3!
Woman Dodge Roll (Agility: 4): 4, 4, 1, 4-- 4!
As you spin through the second strike, she slides backward, beyond your swing.

ZE QUAKER
You take a moment to examine the si-- oh, who am I kidding. You open fire with a gleeful cackle!
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 1, 3-- 1+1(weapon)=2!
Citizen One Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 6, 6-- 6!
Your first shot goes horribly wide!
Ammo Update: {20/21}
Re-targeting Roll: 2
Re-targeting Roll: 4
Re-targeting Roll: 3

Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 3, 6-- 6+1(Weapon)=7!
Citizen One Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 1, 3-- 1!
Round Two finds it's way into Citizen One's skull.
Damage Roll (3d6): 1+4+2= 7 x2(Critical)= 14!
Rule Discovered: On a natural six, if the attack hits and the roll is not reduced below six, a crit hits for double damage.
Achievement Unlocked: [Source Book: Discover a rule.]
Citizen One Health Update: [-2/20]
Citizen One drops like a sack of kittens.
Ammo Update: {19/21}
Killcount +1!
Achievement Unlocked: [Squaddie!-- Make your first kill]

Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 6, 4-- 6+1(Weapon)=7!
Your third round misses, due to your target being, well, deceased.
Retarget Roll: 1!
Retarget Roll: 6! SUCCESS!
Citizen Three Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 3, 1-- 1!
Damage Roll (3d6): 3+6+3=12 x2(Critical= 24!
The round digs into Citizen Three's neck, sundering it. His head rolls around the floor, spurting such ridiculous amounts of blood that you pinch yourself to check if you're dreaming.
...
You aren't.
Ammo Update: {18/21}
Killcount +1!

Guilty
You ready your knives and blend into the surroundings...
Roll (Agility: 5): 6!
Citizen Two Perception Check: Hidden!
Citizen Four Perception Check: Hidden!
Woman Perception Check: Hidden!
The embrace of the shadows is... comforting...

Sol Terran
You fire blindly at the doorway!
Pistol Shots (1dAgility): 1!
Ranged Attack Roll: 1, 6, 2-- 2-2(Blind Fire)+1(2H wielding)=1!
You miss. Terribly.
Re-targeting Roll (Citizen Two): 4!
Re-targeting Roll (Citizen Four): 2!
Re-targeting Roll (Operative Luckington Esquire III): 3!
Rule Discovered: Firing blindly doesn't allow you to distinguish between targets, but denies reaction fire.
Achievement Unlocked: [Source Book: Discover a rule.]
Re-targeting Roll (Operative ZE QUAKER): 6!
ZE QUAKER Perception Check (Perception: 2): 5, 4: 5!
ZE QUAKER Dodge Roll (Agility: 3): Denied.
Rule Discovered: In situations where an attack is coming as a surprise, you must perceive the attack to be able to dodge. These will be high-difficulty checks, because you need to realize you're about to be hit in time to act-- something that's not really possible in the first place.
Your round finds it's way into Operative ZE QUAKER!
Damage Roll (2d6): 6+6= 12!
Inventory Damage Roll: 6!
Rule Discovered: When receiving combat damage, there is a one in six chance that one of your inventory items will be hit. This excludes items you are wielding, or otherwise grasping.
Inventory Selection Roll (1d7): 5!
Item Selected: [High Explosive [3/3]— Cannot be thrown, must be planted or slid, does 20d6 damage and fucks shit up]
Damage Absorbing Roll (1dItemHealth): 2!
Note: I just breathed an audible sigh of relief.
Item Health Update: [1/3]
Final Damage: 12-2(Item)-8(Armor)=2!
Operative ZE QUAKER Health Update: [48/50]
Armor Update: [42/50]
In fact, you miss SO terribly that you ALMOST do something terrible. 'Cause you're a terrible person.

Jack Phoenix
You open fire at the remaining citizens!
Pistol Shots (1dAgility): 1!
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 4!): 4, 5, 2, 2-- 5+1(2H wielding)=6!
Citizen Two Dodge Roll (Agility: 2!): 2, 2-- 2!
Damage Roll (2d6): 1+2=3!
You hit the Citizen in the thigh, but he remains standing.
Citizen Two Health Update: [17/20]
Ammo Update: {7/8}



Enemy Moves!
Citizen Two
Citizen Two charges through the doorway, wielding an axe!
Target Selection: 2!
He runs at ZE QUAKER, screaming at the top of his lungs!
Reaction Fire (Agility: 3): 4, 3, 6-- 6!
Rule Discovered: When someone attempts to close to melee, you can take reaction shots at them if you pass a difficulty 5 agility check (and have a ranged weapon wielded). Reaction shots use the last firing mode you used.
Operative ZE QUAKER Ranged Attack (Perception: 2): 2, 1-- 1+1(Weapon)=2!
Citizen Two Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 3, 1-- 1!
Damage Roll (3d6): 1+5+5= 11!
Citizen Two Health Update: [6/20]
Your first shot hits him in the gut, causing him to stumble.
Ammo Update: {17/21}

Operative ZE QUAKER Ranged Attack (Perception: 2): 6, 3-- 6+1(Weapon)=7!
Citizen Two Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 3, 1-- 1!
Damage Roll (3d6): 3+3+3=9 x2(Critical)=18!
Citizen Two Health Update: [-12/20]
Your second round hits him in his head, which explodes.
Killcount +1
Ammo Update: {16/21}

Operative ZE QUAKER Ranged Attack (Perception: 2): 3, 6-- 6!
Re-targeting Roll: 5!
Your last shot eats empty air.
Ammo Update: {15/21}

Citizen Four
Target Selection: 4!
Thinking wiser of charging in, Citizen Four snatches up Citizen One's fallen cleaver, and hurls it at Operative Jack Phoenix.
Note: Guilty is not in the target list at the moment, due to being hidden. Otherwise 4 would correspond to Sol Terran.
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 6, 2-- 6-1(Improvised Throwing Weapon)!
Operative Jack Phoenix Dode Roll (Agility: 3): 5, 6, 2-- 6!
The cleaver buries itself in the wall behind the space Jack Phoenix's head had occupied moments before.

Woman
Target Selection: 1!
The woman reaches toward the cleaver, and it yanks free from the wall, hurling itself at Operative Luckington Esquire III!
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 4, 1-- 1-1(Improvised Throwing Weapon)=0!
Operative Luckington Esquire III Dodge Roll (Agility: 4): Irrelevant!
The cleaver swings wide, burying itself in a cupboard door. She hisses otherworldly curses at Operative Luckington Esquire III.



Global Announcement!
The pounding on the whiles falls quiet briefly, and two more civilians approach the front door. As you begin to fire another volley, the back door splinters and three civilians come barging in.
Operative Status Acquired: [Flanked-- -3 to any reaction attacks]


Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Guilty Carrion on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 pm

The way of the ninja! Where lightning strikes once, a ninja strikes twice! Secret Ninja Style: Constriction Technique #1!

Attach the fuzzy cuffs to the ankles of our crazy, kinky redneck host, then hopefully bail out of the house before she can retaliate!


Last edited by Guilty Carrion on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2010-01-12
Male

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : The Underdark


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Well...fuck

Despite taking out three bad guys, I still nearly get killed by my own team...assholes

Well seeing as the situation is deteriorating, prime a high explosive(the one that was damaged) and place it on the floor then book it up the flight of stairs and out the window!
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Fadeview on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:40 pm

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE, DRAGGING ANY FRIENDLY MOTHERFUCKER BY THE SCRUFF OF THEIR FUCKING NECK.

Also, channel my inner Samuel L. Jackson.

Fadeview
Mist
Mist

Join date : 2012-06-13
Male

Posts : 16
Age : 25
Location : Somewhere you wouldn't expect.


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Eternal Phoenix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:59 pm

And we get the hell out! And we get the hell out! AND WE GET THE HELL OUT!

Oh,and if i'm allowed to shoot on the way, pursuers need to die.
avatar
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-30
Male

Posts : 165
Age : 31
Location : Strolling the Galactic Wasteland...


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Dreamless Days on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 am

Looks like it's time to follow the squad as if guided by a hive-mind! Pump a few shots from my pistol into the nearest window before evacuating right through the remnants! GET AWAY FROM THE PRIMED BUILDING!
avatar
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Join date : 2011-06-07
Male

Posts : 455
Age : 25
Location : The Almighty Oz


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 7



Global Announcement!
Sorry for the multi-day delay. I'm going to do my best to avoid them in the future, but... well, my situation changes fairly rapidly at the moment, and it's hard for me to plan ahead. I'll try and come up with some reward for you all to penalize myself if it happens again, though.



Initiative Rolls:
Operatives: 100!
...
I'm just going to skip the alien's roll...



Guilty
You begin to formulate a plan...
Surprise Bondage Check (Agility: 5): 3+2(Hidden)=5!
You manage to close one of the cuffs around her left ankle, but then she notices you and springs through the kitchen window with inhuman grace.
Item Lost: [Fuzzy Cuffs!]
Achievement Unlocked: [You made a what check?: Make the DM's friend giggle while reading over his shoulder.]
Cursing under your breath, you sprint up the stairs and leap from a window. Like a boss.
Agility Check: 5!
You land on your feet a short distance away from the house.

ZE QUAKER
You hurriedly begin working with the explosives!
Item Lost: [High Explosives [1/3]]
Explosives Check (Intelligence: 2): 5!
A quick glance around reveals what you believe to be a load-bearing wall, and you prime the explosives before sliding them over to it's base. Then dive out the second story window for dramatic effect (and self-preservation).
Agility Check: 4!
The landing shakes you somewhat, and you fall to one knee, but you don't think you hurt anything.

Sir Luckington Esquire III
You attempt to flee in a dramatic manner!
Agility Check: 2!
Your foot catches on the window frame, and you tumble from the window.
Fall Damage (1d15): 12!
Operative Health Update: [28/40]

Jack Phoenix
You sprint up the stairs, firing behind you as you run.
Pistol Shots (1dAgility): 2!
Ranged Attack Roll: 3,4,4,5-- 5-2(Blind Fire)+1(2H wielding)= 4!
Citizen Four Dodge Roll: 3, 2-- 3!
Damage Roll (2d6): 5+6=11!
Your first panicked shot hits the Citizen in the shoulder, staggering him.
Citizen Four Health Update: [9/20]
Ammo Update: {6/8}

Ranged Attack Roll: 1,3,6,6-- 6-2(Blind Fire)+1(2H wielding)= 5!
Citizen Four Dodge Roll: 4,5-- 5!
The second shot flies wide, burying itself in the floor at the base of the stairs.
Ammo Update: {5/8}

You dive through the shattered window, just as your preceding companions did moments before.
Agility Check: 4!
You roll as you hit the ground, and rise into a low crouch before spinning back to watch the house, gun trained on the back door.

Sol Terran
For no discernible reason, you fire through the window the woman had crashed through.
Ammo Update: {6/8}
You then dive through it, landing in some bushes right outside. You wonder why everyone else sprinted up to the second floor...

Then you realize you're stuck in a bush right next to a house that's about to blow.
Crap.



Global Announcement!
Boom.
The house bursts into a BLAZING FIST OF JUSTICE! Or, well, at least a blaze.
Then, with a groan, it collapses in upon itself.
Citizen Four Damage Roll (1d200): 2!
Citizen Four Health Update: [7/20]
Citizen Five Damage Roll (1d200): 36!
Operative ZE QUAKER Killcount +1!
Citizen Six Damage Roll (1d200): 49!
Operative ZE QUAKER Killcount +1!
Citizen Seven Damage Roll (1d200): 186!
Operative ZE QUAKER Killcount +1!
Citizen Eight Damage Roll (1d200): 163!
Operative ZE QUAKER Killcount +1!
Citizen Nine Damage Roll (1d200): 52!
Operative ZE QUAKER Killcount +1!
Operative Sol Terran Damage Roll (1d50): 17-4(Armor)= 13!
Operative Sol Terran Health Update: [3/20]
Operative Sol Terran Armor Update: [12/20]
Note: Operative Sol Terran was outside the house, and thus didn't have to deal with burning rubble.




Enemy Moves!
Citizen Four
Citizen Four climbs from the flaming ruins like the wrathful specter of an angry god, letting loose an eerie shriek!
Charisma Attack (Charisma: 2): 2, 6-- 6+2(WRATHFUL SPECTER OF AN ANGRY GOD)=8!
Operative Sir Luckington Esquire III Mental Defense Roll (Intelligence: 1): 2!
Sanity Damage: 8-2=6!
Operative Sanity Update: [4/10]
Operative Guilty Mental Defense Roll (Intelligence: 3): 5, 2, 3-- 5!
Sanity Damage: 8-5=3!
Operative Sanity Update: [27/30]
Operative ZE QUAKER Mental Defense Roll (Intelligence: 2): 2, 4-- 4!
Sanity Damage: 8-4=4!
Operative Sanity Update: [16/20]
Operative Jack Phoenix Mental Defense Roll (Intelligence: 3): 2, 6, 4-- 6!
Sanity Damage: 8-6=2!
Operative Sanity Update: [28/30]
Operative Sol Terran Mental Defense Roll (Intelligence: 5): 4, 5, 6, 6, 5-- 6!
Sanity Damage: 8-6=2!
Operative Sanity Update: [48/50]

Woman
The woman appears to have vanished, for now...



Global Announcement!
You do hear the sound of running feet from the street in front of the house!
Effect Expired: [Flanked]
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am

DESTRUCTION

VIOLENCE

DEATH

SPLODEY!

Dream come true!!!!!

But what's this? A single person has survived?!



KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER WITH A SINGLE WELL PLACED SHOT TO THE CRANIUM!
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Guilty Carrion on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

That woman, she is a skilled foe. One day, I shall test my ninja skills against her again, and one will fall to the whomever is superior. I swear this upon my ninja code, since ninja's don't have honour.

Sprint forth in manner most epic, before leaping off the rubble and ambushing the source of running steps from the one place no one expects...the SKY!
avatar
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2010-01-12
Male

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : The Underdark


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Eternal Phoenix on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 am

So...Four's been shot multiple times and blown up,. Yet, he still isn't dead? Quaker. Bro. You're a good operative, and i'mma let you finish, but this guy is the luckiest Citizen of all time. ALL TIME.

Ahem. I'll steathily investigate the running feet sound.
avatar
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-30
Male

Posts : 165
Age : 31
Location : Strolling the Galactic Wasteland...


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:08 am

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 8



Global Announcement!
Grrr... I feel bad updating without people after not updating for so long, but I also really need to get in the habit of doing this... At least nothing too major should happen this turn.



Initiative Rolls:
Operatives: 78!
Aliens: 97!




Enemy Moves!
Citizen Four
Citizen Four grabs a flaming spar from the rubble, and leaps at Operative ZE QUAKER in a vengeful fury!
Reaction Fire (Agility: 3): 1, 1, 2-- 1!
Melee Attack Roll: 2, 4-- 4!
Citizen Four Stamina Update: [14/20]
Operative ZE QUAKER Dodge Roll: 1, 1, 3-- 1!
Inventory Damage Roll: 4!
Damage Roll (1d6+2d8(Strength Mod)): 6+2+6+3(Fire)-8(Armor)=9!
Operative ZE QUAKER Health Update: [39/50]
Operative ZE QUAKER Armor Update: [34/50]
Quaker staggers under the force of the blow, but is not ignited.
Meanwhile, Citizen Four burns.
Fire Damage Roll (1d6): 1!
Citizen Four Health Update: [6/20]
Extinguishing Chance: 6!
Apparently, assaulting Operative ZE QUAKER is a viable substitute for stop-drop-and-roll. Citizen Four is no longer aflame.



Operative Actions!
ZE QUAKER
In a fit of justified rage, you fire at Citizen Four!
Ranged Attack Roll: 2, 5, 4-- 5+1(Weapon)=6!
Citizen Four Dodge Roll: 2, 6-- 6!
Citizen Four nimbly ducks aside!
Ammo Update: {14/21}
Citizen Four Opportunity Attack Roll (Agility: 2): 5, 1-- 1!
Rule Discovered: When you make a ranged attack against a melee-capable enemy in melee range, they can make an attack of opportunity (provided they survive and pass a difficulty five agility check).

Guilty
You attempt to ambush from the sky. Logically, this requires a means of flight. You attempt to construct one from the rubble.
Crafting Roll (Intelligence: 3): 6!
Using the stove, some bed sheets, and an unidentified glowing rock, you construct a rocket-propelled glider.
You attempt to think of a name...
Item Acquired: [Cockblaster 5000 [20/20]: Allows flight, Crafter (Operative Guilty) receives +1 to flying checks made with it]
Achievement Unlocked: [Kraftsman!: Craft an item]
SIGNIFICANCE CHECK: 5!
Rule Discovered: If something happens that I think could deserve a trait, I roll a significance check. You pass on a five or a six, and receive a relevant trait.
Trait Acquired: [ROCKET MAN: +1 to flight rolls, you also have an affinity for rockets and aerial combat.]
Achievement Unlocked: [Professional Badass: Acquire a trait]

Jack Phoenix
You putter off to stealthily check out the pitter-patter of little alien feet.
Investigative Roll (Perception: 4): HIDDEN!
You see a small dog in the street. A labradoodle? You've never been terribly good at dog breeds, so you just decide it's a labradoodle and work from there.

Sir Luckington Esquire III
You ponder the meta-ethical implications of tea.
Roll: 3!
...Not much comes to mind.

Sol Terran
You try not to go into shock.
Roll: 1!
...
You go into shock?




Global Announcement!
The door slams on a large building down the street with an American flag flying outside of it. It looks like the mayor's residence? Moments afterward, a cold-war style bombing siren begins keening loudly.


Last edited by Chainlinc3 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 am

you know what..fuck it...

I was hoping for a single shot takedown, but now he's just pissed me off..

Burst fire that burning mother fucker
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Guilty Carrion on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 am

She packed my bags last night pre-flight...Zero hour nine a.m....And I'm gonna be hiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhh as a kite by then...

Soar into the sky! Go higher! And survey the world below! All in the town shall be visible to mine eyes!

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
avatar
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2010-01-12
Male

Posts : 856
Age : 25
Location : The Underdark


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Dreamless Days on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

Well, that escape didn't go ENTIRELY to plan. Grab my medkit and patch myself up right away. I said right away. GODDAMN IT CHAIN, RIGHT NOW!
avatar
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Join date : 2011-06-07
Male

Posts : 455
Age : 25
Location : The Almighty Oz


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Eternal Phoenix on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:42 pm

No aliens? Darn. I'll take my sniper rifle and try to find a good sniper's perch with a good view of the Mayor's house. Stealthily, of course.
avatar
Eternal Phoenix
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-30
Male

Posts : 165
Age : 31
Location : Strolling the Galactic Wasteland...


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Chainlinc3 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Day 1

Mission 1, Turn 9



Initiative Rolls:
Operatives: 78!
Aliens: 50!



Operative Actions!
ZE QUAKER
Flicking your gun back into burst fire, you commence Operation Fuck Citizen Four.
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 4, 6-- 6+1(Weapon)=7!
Citizen Four Dodge Roll (Agility: 2): 3, 4-- 4!
Damage Roll (3d6): 1+4+2=7x2(Critical)=14!
Citizen Four Health Update: [-8/20]
Citizen Four drops to the ground, cursing you with his dying breath.
Killcount +1!
Ammo Update: {14/21}

You shoot at Citizen Four's corpse!
Ammo Update: {13/21}

You shoot at Citizen Four's corpse!
Ammo Update: {12/21}

...You feel sated.


Guilty
You're not the man they think you are at home... You fly high and scout the town!
Flight Check (Intelligence: 3): 3+1(Cockblaster 5000)+1(ROCKET MAN)= 5!
Scouting Check (Perception: 2): Hidden!
There are citizens milling about outside the Mayor's house in an unorganized fashion, and you think you see movement through the window briefly. You grin to yourself.
And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...

Sol Terran
QUICKLY! SAVE YOURSELF!
Heal Roll (Intelligence: 5): 1-1(Self-administered)=0!
...You do more harm than good.
Damage Roll (1d6): 1!
...that still could have been worse.
Health Update: [2/20]
Medical Kit Consumed.

Jack Phoenix
You search for a sniping position.
Roll (Perception: 4): 1!
You climb a tree. You're now about six feet off the ground, and barely obscured by foliage.
...This seems like a dubious plan, actually.

Sir Luckington Esquire III
You pray to Englandia.
Roll: 2!
You SUCK at praying. No WONDER Englandia deserted you.



Enemy Moves!
Unseen Foe
A bolt of blue energy lances out from the Mayor's house towards Operative Jack Phoenix's position!
Ranged Attack Roll (Perception: 2): 3, 1-- 3-2(Precision)=1!
Operative Jack Phoenix Dodge Roll (Agility: 3): 6, 2, 2-- 6!
The beam hits the trunk of the tree, blasting a chunk out of it and igniting it! The tree falls into the street, but Operative Jack Phoenix leaps free and rolls, ending in cover behind a parked car.



Global Announcement!
A sizable tremor ripples outward from the Mayor's home, shaking the earth underfoot!
avatar
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2010-06-29
Male

Posts : 561
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by quakernuts on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm

GC has relayed information stating that there are bitches that need killing! Good, cause that's what I do, bitches love being dead!

But it's too many for my simple rifle to take care of...

use my radio to call in an AIRSTRIKE!

"Command, this is ZE QUAKER requesting close airsupport on the Mayor's residence within the town, be advised, they are bitches, and you should kill them with extreme prejudice!"
avatar
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Join date : 2009-09-19
Male

Posts : 702
Age : 25
Location : Sask. Canada


Back to top Go down

Re: Roll to Dodge the Alien Threat II: THE SEQUEL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum