FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door*

+6
Misery
Sunwolf007
Kathryn Lacey
Gadreille
Lumeus
Kate Orchix
10 posters

Go down

*pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door* Empty *pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door*

Post by Kate Orchix Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 am

Hey, I'm Kate Orchix (or Kotorchix on some other sites). I've been lurking a few days so I thought it's about time I said hey. Smile I was introduced to FoG by Lumeus who I know from another roleplaying forum. Narubia is around here somewhere, and I just found out the other day that she also belonged to this forum. I also seem to have dragged a friend over here... Knifey Keith. All the afore mentioned people are awesome!

I'm 16 years old and I've been roleplaying since about 2008 or perhaps earlier - I don't know the exact dates. I joined a roleplaying forum a little over two years ago and I've been hooked on forum roleplaying since. I'm interested in pretty much any genre of roleplaying and promise not to stir up trouble!

So, uhm, yup! I'm looking forward to playing here on the site with all you people!
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

*pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door* Empty Re: *pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door*

Post by Lumeus Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:04 am

"Is a man not entitled the sweat of his brow? 'No,' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers. I chose the impossible. I chose Rapture – a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small, and with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

- Andrew Ryan (1946)

Welcome to the swirling mists.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

*pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door* Empty Re: *pounces upon the forum... and smacks into glass door*

Post by Kate Orchix Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:08 am

*curtsies* Thank you kind Ser Lumeus!

... *seems to have lost you in the mists* Hmmm...
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Welcome to FOG, Kate!

I hope you find FOG to your liking. It's wonderful you already have so many friends here. I see you are already role playing here, that's great! If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me a PM. Again, welcome to the swirling mists!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

A Basic Greeting:

It's great to see another friendly face in the mists. Lumeus did well to light your way to us.

I'm Kathryn, and I'm one of the admins. Don't let that fool you. I'm super laid back and not intimidating at all. At least, I don't think I'm intimidating...

Like Gadrielle, I'm here for you if you have any questions.

Also, don't worry about stirring up trouble as long as it's in the IC boards. ^o_~^

See you around!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Welcome to FoG! I am guessing that the other site you were talking about was RPGFO. I used to hang out there as well, which is where I first met Ruby and Lumeus. Glad they are still active since I hadn't seen a post from them in a while I wondered if they had disappeared. It's great that they haven't since they are really good at RPing. Anyway, got myself sidetracked. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. As you can see we only have quality RPers here so I am sure you will fit right in. Have fun and I hope to see you around!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Misery Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 pm

*Reads title* Why am I suddenly reminded of that commercial where the guy is teasing the dog with a dorito?

Anyway, welcome aboard!

My name is Misery, I'm a recluse, so you're unlikely to ever see me again.
Misery
Misery
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:35 am

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes! (And the video of the dog... Never seen that ad before.)

Sunwolf, yes! RPGFO. I stalked you, but it seems you went on hiatus before I joined the site so we never crossed paths. XD
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 am

Ew hey brew, gewd tew see yew brew. Uh dewnt mynd thus syt brew, ut's ulrit ehy?

Heeps of Saaamoans and neu Tongans. Thus us heaps choice brew.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 am

Kate Orchix wrote:Sunwolf, yes! RPGFO. I stalked you, but it seems you went on hiatus before I joined the site so we never crossed paths. XD

Yeah, once I got invited to FoG by the creator of the site I disappeared from RPGFO. Although Phantomzaber has talked me into a return for an RP he is trying to get running. We'll see how permanent my return is. Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 am

Welcome to FOG, Katie!! It's good you found your way here, and have already gotten yourself acclimated.

My name is Marc and I am one of the Admins here at FOG, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!

Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Et gud tew see yew tew, brew. Write me ah pewst, dewd.

@Sunwolf - Never spoken with Phantomzaber... It's odd. I've been on the site two or so years now and there are still regulars I just haven't run across. I mean, I guess it's not that odd, but... yeah.

@Lord Revan. Thanks for the welcome! ... *tries not to squeal at the KOTORness*
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Knifey and Kate!

Kate! You said "ser"! Does that mean you're a Song of Ice and Fire fan? Very Happy
I haven't read much of that series yet; just enough to remember them using "Ser" instead of "Sir." ^_^

Anyways, looks like I'm a little late to the welcome wagon, so welcome welcome tripledytwice and have a happy writing time, every time! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Welcome to the FOG, Knifey and Kate!

Kate! You said "ser"! Does that mean you're a Song of Ice and Fire fan? Very Happy
I haven't read much of that series yet; just enough to remember them using "Ser" instead of "Sir." ^_^

Anyways, looks like I'm a little late to the welcome wagon, so welcome welcome tripledytwice and have a happy writing time, every time! cheers

Thank you! Hmmm, ser... no, I don't even know what Song of Ice and Fire is. I like Dragon's Dogma (Xbox 360 game), though... 'Ser' is used pretty commonly in there. I suppose I've been playing a little too much and picking up the lingo...
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I take it you are a fan of KOTOR? Did you like the sequel? Did you happen to read the Revan novel?

I felt the sequel was too rushed. And the novel gives such a bad ending for his character that it hurt to read.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Lord Revan wrote:I take it you are a fan of KOTOR? Did you like the sequel? Did you happen to read the Revan novel?

I felt the sequel was too rushed. And the novel gives such a bad ending for his character that it hurt to read.

Yes! Huge fan...

KOTOR2 just left me feeling confused, and it didn't feel like you had as much control over the whole game as you did in KOTOR1. I felt like they didn't develop the characters quite as much as they had in the first one, and they left too many loose ends - such as Vogga(?) the Hutt and the fuel issue for Telos. I never read the novel, probably never will unless I can find it in the library...
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Welcome to FoG, Kate! I'm glad to see that you already know people here and are finding your way around no problem! I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other staff members if you have any questions! Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Orchix Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Thank you, Silvan. Smile I rather like it here and I'm planning to stay quite a while. Maybe I'll even start up a roleplay soon...
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down