FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A return long overdue

5 posters

Go down

A return long overdue Empty A return long overdue

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Life blows us like dust before a tornado, and no matter where we land we always remember where we came from. I am as that very dust that was blown away from the writing world for far too long. Many things have happened over the last few years that have not only hindered my creative mind but sill many more have strengthened my abilities to the point we currently view.

I've decided to return to FoG, because one never truly forgets the other brilliant minds and faces of those people who helped forge who we are today. Writing is my true passion, it's an outlet that we must all use to paint our own vivid portraits of the minds and characters we portray, an outlet that I haven't plugged myself into for a long time. I hope that working with the familiar minds here will further strengthen my work, and give me the inspiration I need to better my life.

For those new minds who I have not yet had the pleasure of working with, I look forward to the new perspectives and insights that your brilliance has to offer, and my only hope is to create more great works with other truly talented writers.

That's right. Lucian's back again.

Last edited by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

A return long overdue Empty Re: A return long overdue

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Alriiight! Welcome back, Lucian! High Five

Exquisitely spoken! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Wow, I can't believe I forgot the first word in that post after I spell checked. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

Thanks for the welcome Kalon! It's nice to see a familiar face, so to speak.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Welcome back, Lucian. Smile
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Welcome back, Lucian! I hope this time process to be a fantastic opportunity for your creative juices to flow freely!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Well hey there Kat. Thanks for the welcome. We'll have to catch up some time. Last we spoke you were moving in with the love of your life. How's that working out for you?
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:39 am

It's working out really well. I've been here for almost a year. In fact, just after the one year mark, I'm going to visit Iowa for a friend's wedding, but I'll come back to Utah.

Anyway, how have things with you been?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 am

Shocked You let him call you a nickname! Whoa
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 am

I know, but I've tried to tell him not to do it, and he just ignores me. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah I'm good at that. Not a whole lot has been going on with me. Just working, getting laid off, then being forced to find new work. I'm currently in between jobs right now which is pretty lame but I make due. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. Moving to a completely different state just so you can be with one person probably took some getting use to, glad to see it was worth it.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 pm

OMG! hahahah At first, I missed the word "off" when you said you got "laid off," and I was highly amused. However, I'm really sorry to hear that you were laid off from your job. Have you been able to find any jobs that seem like they'd be enjoyable for you for which you've applied?

It did. I was really happy for the first couple of months. Then for the next couple of months after that, I went stir crazy. Not having a job and not having a car blew so hard. However, I have a job ((that I'll be leaving in the beginning of May because it's a black hole that is sucking the life out of me)), and I'll be getting my car in the next couple of weeks. It's a beater, and it's in the shop because I accidentally rear-ended someone. The guys working on it are just having trouble finding a used part because buying a new part for a beater would be an unnecessary expense. (BTW, my car was the only one damaged because it's tiny and caved in like an aluminum can under a shoe-stomp. It was not able to stand up against a van even at 20mph and slowing.)

I will say that moving to a totally different state was a risk, but it was totally worth it. We fight sometimes, but it's nothing major any more, and we're able to work through things really quickly and peacefully now. I'm really happy.

I hope you're able to find a job soon, and until then, you have more time to spend on FoG writing and being creative! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 pm

That's partly the reason why I returned to FoG. I'm going stir crazy myself and I'm in about the same boat. I had a real bad beater for a while that ended up being more trouble than it was worth so I got rid of it. I haven't really been able to find anything that I REALLY enjoy, though I liked my last job a great deal because I worked with a bunch of guys I went to high school with. I'm in a pretty big hole right now, but I'm sure I'll get myself out of it eventually. For now I have a roof over my head and my stomach is always full so it's not all bad. Though I really miss the feeling of self worth you get from handling all your own affairs without the need of outside help.

It seems things are pretty quiet around here. I expressed interest in a RP and it doesn't seem the creator has seen my post yet. Oh well, I'll keep browsing until I find something. I'm only looking for one casual right now, just to get the creative juices flowing. So if anyone is interested I've got plenty of experience in all different types of stories and I'm very versatile. (Send me a message if you're reading this and have a good idea.) I don't think I'll take on the task of coming up with my own story quite yet, but it's just a matter of time until I come up with a good idea and decide to pitch it.

I'm glad you've gotten to the point where you two can work things out, and since you've been living together for about a year now I have full faith that you two will have a very long and healthy relationship. I know none of mine have lasted that long without the whole 'break up and get back together' routine.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Welcome back Lucian. Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★