FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easygoing RP?

2 posters

Go down

Easygoing RP? Empty Easygoing RP?

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey everyone,

Right now I'm in sort of a writing funk, and would like to get out of it. I'm interested in a 1x1 RP. The genre and plot can be either my partner's idea or a collaboration of both our ideas, though currently I don't have anything specific in mind. I prefer multidimensional role plays; I prefer to have a lot of drama and romance in my role play regardless of its setting. I'm best at fantasy, but am up for sci fi, historical fiction, modern fiction or whatever you want as long as I'm somewhat versed in the topic.

I figured this would be a good opportunity for someone who has an idea they would like to role play but hasn't been able to find a partner. I'm pretty easy to collaborate with. My only word of caution is that I may be slow. I encourage my partner to encourage me, which is kind of the point of this interest check. If that's too much maintenance for you, I understand.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Easygoing RP? Empty Re: Easygoing RP?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm up for it. I like all of the above, though I have a problem with romance. Its something I can work on though. My preference is fantasy. I do like sci-fi as well, though I am not very good at it. Its not something I write very often. Historical fiction is easier for me.

Do you have anything in mind, or do you want me to name some ideas?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:01 pm

You...you would role play with me??? Sob

I didn't have anything solid in mind...but I do want romance in my story, mister Wink

I was thinking fantasy. I have had an inkling for good old fantasy since Emoria met its demise. Not that I want this to have anything to do with Emoria.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 am

Fantasy sounds good to me, of course. Do you want to go ahead and post up an OOC thread, or would you rather send me your ideas via PM for now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:17 am

Lets just collaborate first. I don't have a solid plot yet.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 am

Well, you said fantasy. But should we focus on a small world, or part of a world, or try for something a bit more epic? I mean like hobbits in their own corner of a world too big for them, or knights and princesses of a grand kingdom on the brink of collapse, or even entering their golden age? Once we decide on the scale of our story it will be easier to figure out our plot. I like big scales, as you well know, but an easy-going role-play might be easier with a smaller scale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 pm

I'd prefer something smaller scale. Perhaps a bigger purpose behind it, but I'm not really interested in forming nations that need to be memorized quite yet. I'd like to let it build into the story.

I was thinking it would be interesting if one of our characters was a person on the run for something (I don't know what) who runs into someone else and has to use them in their escape...or something. I don't know, something that starts off with a bang.

I'd love to have a unique magic system in this world...if there is such a thing anymore. Any ideas? (please don't say allomancy or feruchemy...Wink)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Aurica! It can be adapted...

Something that starts off with a bang... Maybe my character is on the run because he has just assassinated the king and needs to escape... and maybe he crosses path with the king's daughter and, as a last minute decision, decides to drag her along for leverage?

Or maybe your character is a scout for a battle or maybe something else, who grabbed someone that she thought might be useful in her escape?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Or a failed attempt at assassinating the king! I think that would be very interesting.

Aurica...I don't remember how it works, so either explain it or lets come up with something else.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah... the aurica thing was a joke. I'd never let it be tainted by the internet.

I like the failed assassination attempt idea. That certainly makes things more interesting, and gives the character more of a reason to grab the king's daughter. Is that enough to go by to outline our characters, or should we start making some concrete details about the setting first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 pm

The only thing I want concrete is what type of fantasy world we are in (a general idea anyway) and everything else we can come up with on our own CS's. You can play the princess, I'll play the assassin.

Wink Just kidding.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 am

So... what kind of fantasy world are we in? High fantasy? Light fantasy? Comical fantasy? I don't really like having two dozen different species of mythical beasts roaming the lands, like WOW or even the Drizzt series. Or...well, like Emoria. Takes a lot of effort, as you know. I think we should focus on three or four standards (centaurs have to be in it, I think), and cut it off at that. Maybe, since we are focusing on such a small sliver of the world, we can introduce more later?

I like high fantasy, but perhaps it would be easier for both of us if we settle for something more in the middle.

We still have the question of magic as well. Do you have any thoughts, or would you like me to just throw out some ideas first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:22 am

I'm with you there. I really like how Bram has very limited magic and mythical characters. I guess I'd like something sort of similar here. I really have no idea about magic...but I'd like it to be rare, or simple, or both.

Same thing with mythical beasts...we don't have to make them less variable so much as just less in the world. I want the fantasy in the world to seem amazing, even to the character (s).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

We could have a kingdom, or several, in its(their) infancy. This would leave much of the world around them relatively unknown, like the New World when Columbus discovered it. They just don't know whats around them. Maybe the world is divided into smaller landmasses, each of which are close to each other. Theirs has very little or no mythical creatures, and maybe even no magic to begin with. As they explore, they discover these other beings and they discover magic, which could be something granted to them either by items or by blessings from spirits or deities.

I don't know if that brings it too close to the feel of Dungeons and Dragons or not...

We could also have a world where magic is entirely new. Magic has suddenly appeared, and its presence is affecting every aspect of the world. It is changing animals and people, changing the balance of kingdoms as they struggle to figure out how it works and use it to gain the most power. The magic in this scenario would be more like a type of energy, something that effects everyone and everything, and to use it they would need to find a way to harness it. The magic may have both useful and harmful, and perhaps completely random, effects on people, as it does on animals. This idea also gives a kind of infinite variety of ideas in terms of "mythical" animals, plants, or even landscapes that have been changed by magic in the recent years.

I know you said you wanted limited magic and stuff, and this can still be. They don't know much about it, and perhaps their abilities to harness it would be incredibly limited relative to its actual power.

If neither of those sound appealing, I can keep brainstorming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I really like the first one. It even has a sword of truth feel to it. Perhaps a group of explorers out to discover new land for their kingdom, or perhaps even more than one group from multiple kingdoms. Since they are on ships, information the the kingdoms wouldn't be needed in the beginning. The two groups might start as rivals but have to band together. Hmm...I think we're on to something here.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 pm

I just don't know how we can use this and what we had come up with earlier, with the assassination thing. Unless we start there, and end up here a little later on in the story. Its fine if we just start here as well, but I wouldn't want the whole thing to take place on the ships *coughBram*cough

And if we do start out on the ships, we need to decide if our characters are rivals or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh yea, no, this would be replacing the assassin thing. Not that we can't get to that later, though.

I would think that our characters could be rivals, but just landing in the "new world". I wouldn't want this to be a sailing thing.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Would the king be accompanying them, by chance? You know, one of those young kings still in the shadow of their deceased father, feeling like they need to prove themselves... that would present an opportunity. But yeah, we can get to that later.

Rival groups setting up colonies in a "new world" sets up plenty of interesting conflict. I'm sure we can cook up something pretty good to start off with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am

That is a thought...but I think that might make it start off too political.

Two rival ships racing toward new land sail upon the same place, make port in two different areas, and each have their own experiences before happening upon each other, whether purposeful or on accident. I think we can start there. So...you wanna make the OOC? Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:26 am

No, its your role-play. You should do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll get to it...but I'll need you to keep bugging me.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Is this still on for what we had planned, or do we need to go back to the drawing board?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, with what we discussed coming back from taft, I wasn't sure if we should keep it a role play or not. I don't care either way.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccata-Mortalia Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 am

So obviously I'm the new guy in town but I've actually been looking for a pretty laid back roleplay. I have a few ideas, mostly fantasy, with all the things you wanted built into them. Still need another partner?
Peccata-Mortalia
Peccata-Mortalia
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 am

Why don't you post up an interest check with your ideas, P. Mort (haha, I'm digging that as your new nickname around here). I don't want to commit to an RP without first going over the details, but if it is not suited for myself then you at least will have it available for any other takers.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

I will try and get an OOC organized tonight so that we can get this started. I really doubt that we would ever do what we had planned on doing with your brothers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Yea I know, I just am not so sure we should keep it a private role play...thinking about how slow FOG has been, I feel like it could really benefit from it.

Then again, I say that and watch no one join...haha!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Well, we could put it up in casual and see what we get. If no one is interested, we could just move it back here. Or leave it as is in case we get any future interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I think that would be a good idea.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content