FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get down to business...

3 posters

Go down

Let's get down to business... Empty Let's get down to business...

Post by Abalyth Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:51 am

Hey, everyone. I'm Amanda and it's lovely to meet you. I suppose I could be classified as a "noob" to this site, but I am far from an inexperienced writer and/or role player. Just to get this out of the way: I have no limits... violence, sex and other adult content I believe is a part of life and excitement- however I would like it to be either tasteful or to have some literary value behind it, not just slandered and spouted about without rhyme or reason. I will only do MxF, because I'm not gay or bisexual and I don't think I could write well enough to do that orientation justice.
*EDIT: Also, I view "I play X gender only" as a self-imposed limitation of one's writing skill and I won't nurture it. Don't contact me if you ONLY play one gender.

I have organized a list of all the types of role plays I wish to do- the desire in all of them is equal, and I may have some plot ideas forming for some, though I will expect us to come up with something together. I believe that good, solid character development is important for a role play to come together, but a plot is needed for motivation. For some of these I have a setting, for some I just have plots and for some I have both. If the RP has a * after, it means I have a plot and a preferred role I'd like to play.

Fan-fiction based: This category includes: books, video games, t.v shows and movies:
Harry Potter
- Marauder's Era
- "Present": I prefer years 6+ with OCs only. *
Lord of the Rings
LOST
League of Legends*
Supernatural
X-men
"The Host"
Grimm Fairy Tales
Firefly
SuckerPunch

Fantasy-based: Think medieval fantasy, with dragons and elves and what-have-you. I will do any type of pairing of the following (including doubles):
Assassins (rangers, rouges, thieves...)
Mages
Druids (nymphs, wood elves, shamans...)
Fighters (warriors, guards, barbarians...)
Fantastical humanoid races (sirens, mermaids, avians...)
miscellaneous occupations (dragon riders, alchemists...)

I also have the following plot: After a raging battle in the sky, the Gods have fallen, leaving remnants of their characteristic artifacts behind on the planet. It has been prophesied that whomever holds one and can harness its power will take the place of that god.

Paranormal: Anything blood-lusting, demonology-related, undead and paranormal:
Zombie Apocalypse*
Werewolf x Human*
Werewolf x Werewolf
World Apocalypse*
(this plot I have requires a lot of involvement)
Angel x Demon
Gifted
- Running from Gov't*
- Boarding School* (another involved plot)

History and Mythology: Genres that involve events in history, usually with some kind of twist or mythology base :
Fantasy-Roman Gladiators: One of the popular sports in ancient Rome was gladiator fights. But not all Gladiators fought each other, some fought beasts. But this time, they aren't fighting lions or elephants- they're fighting fantasy creatures.
Mythology-to-Life: Give me a myth from Roman or Greek history and we can play through it, and add our own twists and turns.
Spawns of the Gods: The Gods are losing their immortality when a Fate creates a new race: Spawns. Spawns are enhanced replicas of a god or goddess meant to take his or her place in the heavens (or the underworld). Spawns don't realize what they are until their respective god or goddess attempts to kill them.

Sci-Fi, Steampunk and Futuristic:
Creating Fantasy: Technology has become so advanced that mankind was able to create creatures of mythological lore. This is a sci-fi and fantasy-based setting.
The Changing of Energy: A steampunk setting, where the universe is changing from a reliance on arcane magic to steam power and clockworks.

Amnesia: This is the term I give to the role play genre that may take place in any type of setting. The basic idea is the characters wake up and have no memory of who they are, generally have some kind of antagonist (be it another character or the setting itself) urging them to figure everything out before its "too late". It's an idea that has been very successful with partners in the past.

And that about sums it up. If I get "enough" of any particular genre or setting/plot I will strike through it, as an indication that I am no longer interested in it. Please let me know either by posting a comment or leaving me a message on my profile. Thank you, and I look forward to writing with you.

Last edited by Abalyth on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abalyth
Mist
Mist

Female

http://abalyth.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Let's get down to business... Empty Re: Let's get down to business...

Post by sstone72 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi,
I am Sarah, I would love to play with you. My email address is sstone72@yahoo.com if you want to discuss likes an disklikes and an rp theme
sstone72
sstone72
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:23 am

I am quite fond of the paranormal and write of it with a passion, I am sure you and I could have much together Smile
I also have interest in a few fandoms, hit me up sometime with a message and we'll come up with something fun ^.^

Abalyth wrote:Hey, everyone. I'm Amanda and it's lovely to meet you. I suppose I could be classified as a "noob" to this site, but I am far from an inexperienced writer and/or role player. Just to get this out of the way: I have no limits... violence, sex and other adult content I believe is a part of life and excitement- however I would like it to be either tasteful or to have some literary value behind it, not just slandered and spouted about without rhyme or reason. I will only do MxF, because I'm not gay or bisexual and I don't think I could write well enough to do that orientation justice.

Below I have organized a list of all the types of role plays I wish to do- the desire in all of them is equal, and I may have some plot ideas forming for some, though I will expect us to come up with something together. I believe that good, solid character development is important for a role play to come together, but a plot is needed for motivation. For some of these I have a setting, for some I just have plots and for some I have both. If the RP has a * after, it means I have a plot and a preferred role I'd like to play.

Fan-fiction based: This category includes: books, video games, t.v shows and movies:
Harry Potter
- Marauder's Era
- "Present": I prefer years 6+ with OCs only. *
Lord of the Rings
LOST
League of Legends*
Supernatural
X-men
"The Host"
Grimm Fairy Tales
Firefly
SuckerPunch

Fantasy-based: Think medieval fantasy, with dragons and elves and what-have-you. I will do any type of pairing of the following (including doubles):
Assassins (rangers, rouges, thieves...)
Mages
Druids (nymphs, wood elves, shamans...)
Fighters (warriors, guards, barbarians...)
Fantastical humanoid races (sirens, mermaids, avians...)
miscellaneous occupations (dragon riders, alchemists...)

I also have the following plot: After a raging battle in the sky, the Gods have fallen, leaving remnants of their characteristic artifacts behind on the planet. It has been prophesied that whomever holds one and can harness its power will take the place of that god.

Paranormal: Anything blood-lusting, demonology-related, undead and paranormal:
Zombie Apocalypse*
Werewolf x Human*
Werewolf x Werewolf
World Apocalypse*
(this plot I have requires a lot of involvement)
Angel x Demon
Gifted
- Running from Gov't*
- Boarding School* (another involved plot)

History and Mythology: Genres that involve events in history, usually with some kind of twist or mythology base :
Fantasy-Roman Gladiators: One of the popular sports in ancient Rome was gladiator fights. But not all Gladiators fought each other, some fought beasts. But this time, they aren't fighting lions or elephants- they're fighting fantasy creatures.
Mythology-to-Life: Give me a myth from Roman or Greek history and we can play through it, and add our own twists and turns.
Spawns of the Gods: The Gods are losing their immortality when a Fate creates a new race: Spawns. Spawns are enhanced replicas of a god or goddess meant to take his or her place in the heavens (or the underworld). Spawns don't realize what they are until their respective god or goddess attempts to kill them.

Sci-Fi, Steampunk and Futuristic:
Creating Fantasy: Technology has become so advanced that mankind was able to create creatures of mythological lore. This is a sci-fi and fantasy-based setting.
The Changing of Energy: A steampunk setting, where the universe is changing from a reliance on arcane magic to steam power and clockworks.

Amnesia: This is the term I give to the role play genre that may take place in any type of setting. The basic idea is the characters wake up and have no memory of who they are, generally have some kind of antagonist (be it another character or the setting itself) urging them to figure everything out before its "too late". It's an idea that has been very successful with partners in the past.

And that about sums it up. If I get "enough" of any particular genre or setting/plot I will strike through it, as an indication that I am no longer interested in it. Please let me know either by posting a comment or leaving me a message on my profile. Thank you, and I look forward to writing with you.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down