FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Buzzwulf disappeared to

5 posters

Go down

Where Buzzwulf disappeared to Empty Where Buzzwulf disappeared to

Post by Buzzwulf Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Wall of text approaching.

I'm not real great at this kind of thing, so I'll just come right out and say it: I'm leaving FoG. Whether this is a temporary hiatus or a more permanent absence is still up in the air, but for the time being, I will bid the site adieu and move on. I simply feel like I am dead weight currently, and have not been able to muster the enthusiasm to write for some time. I don't know if this is a failing on my part or if I'm simply moving on to a different stage in my life (though I certainly hope not, because I think that writing is genuinely fun), but I'm going to need to take a break at the very least to get my priorities back in order.

I would like to say thank you to everyone I've worked with on FoG. It's been a real experience, let me tell you. Even if there were some times when I felt like it could be a pain, or felt like a job, I've kept coming back because of you guys. This site is something special, as are all of the people who RP here, and I'm simply glad to have been a part of it. I would also like to thank some people specifically for some of my favorite times and memories here, and I would express regret that I simply didn't have time to get to know all of you. I wish I could have.

@Kathryn: thank you for getting me started when I rejoined FoG so long ago. You were inclusive, helpful, and responsive, and helped paint my image of FoG for a long time after. I have never seen you be anything but patient and considerate, and I really respect that about you. I never congratulated you on making admin, but I believe there's no better person to shoulder that kind of responsibility. Good luck in the future, and keep writin' that elvish.

@Ryona Noel: You were amazing, Ryona. I dunno how you put up with all my shit, and all the other shit people gave you, but cudos on that. You were instrumental in taking a dysfunctional group of weird writers and turning it into not only one of the best RPs, but one of the best projects I've ever been a part of. I'm glad to have met you, and proud to call you my friend. Patience, as a virtue, is something you have in not only spades, but also clubs, hearts, and diamonds.

@Plague/Guilty: I'll probably miss you most of all, man. You're my favorite person on this site to just hit up and chat, and I might still do so from time to time, but I'm gonna miss our planning. I think that you're a great planner, a fantastic writer, and just a pretty damn good guy in general. good luck on your RPs, and have fun!

@Dax: I don't even know if you're still around, but you were great to bounce ideas off of, and I'm glad I met you, even if you were really good at annoying me sometimes Razz . I'm glad that I got the chance to write with you, I wish I'd done it more while I had the chance.

@Kalon: you're a great mod, a good friend, and an awesome writer. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm glad that I got to write with you and I'm REALLY glad you know how to figure out Elvin, cause I was pretty much hopeless the entire RP. You're also the best (and most prolific) character artist I know, and that's really impressive. Keep doodlin' and good luck.

@Chainlinc3: I wish I'd written more for you, or at least kind of worked in anything you've written. I know how discouraging it can be to have original ideas and not have anyone take you up on them, but just keep working at it, man. I believe that you can hit that home run.

@Ten: I really enjoyed our crime drama RP. I'm sorry that it fell apart, I wish we could have painted a more positive picture of multi-player RPs for you. I still think that ToKoR is one of the best RPs I've ever read, and I think you've done just a wonderful job in general. You're one of my favorite writers on this site, and you should keep writing till doomsday comes. Also, think about books. Seriously.

@Squalleh: yours will always be the superhero RP in my heart. I love how impeccably planned it was, and I was really sad when it finally fell on it's face. Se la vie, my friend. Good luck on the next one!

@ everyone in Emoria: guys, I'm so sorry. I'm aware that my absence will probably kill Emoria, but I really need to take a sabbatical. If there's any way at all you can manage to keep it afloat, please do it- kill me, NPC me, nuke my subplots from orbit, whatever. Just please, keep the thing alive. I've kinda thought of it as our collective baby (which sounds really weird when I think about it), and I would be really sad if it died before any of the amazing plot arcs really resolved. I believe in you guys. EDIT: oh. I need a breaking heart emote Sad

I guess that's about it, so I'll wrap this up. I don't want to just disappear, I just haven't felt like writing in a while, so hit me up on skype or facebook or yahoo or whatever. I'm on skype, steam, and LoL as Buzzwulf, and Max Christoffel on facebook. My emails (and they are legion) are on my profile if you guys wanna talk about anything.

Cheers!

Last edited by Buzzwulf on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Where Buzzwulf disappeared to Empty Re: Where Buzzwulf disappeared to

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Buzzwulf wrote:@Ryona Noel: You were amazing, Ryona. I dunno how you put up with all my shit, and all the other shit people gave you, but cudos on that. You were instrumental in taking a dysfunctional group of weird writers and turning it into not only one of the best RPs, but one of the best projects I've ever been a part of. I'm glad to have met you, and proud to call you my friend. Patience, as a virtue, is something you have in not only spades, but also clubs, hearts, and diamonds.

I am also very glad to have met you too, Buzzwulf. You were wonderful to write with, and I'm also proud to call you friend. May you succeed in your next endeavor.

Buzzwulf wrote:@ everyone in Emoria: guys, I'm so sorry. I'm aware that my absence will probably kill Emoria, but I really need to take a sabbatical. If there's any way at all you can manage to keep it afloat, please do it- kill me, NPC me, nuke my subplots from orbit, whatever. Just please, keep the thing alive. I've kinda thought of it as our collective baby (which sounds really weird when I think about it), and I would be really sad if it died before any of the amazing plot arcs really resolved. I believe in you guys.

I don't want you to leave on a sour note, but Emoria as it was, has ended. Far too many people dropped out, and it was time to let it go. There is talk of making a smaller "Emoria Fandom" role play, and if that happens, you bet I'll be a part of it. We all will miss it, but everything must end, I'm afraid. Don't take the blame, we all supported it and we all contributed to its demise. Even I.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

D'awww....Buzz, flattery will get you no where...

Okay, it will, you marvelous bastard. It's sad to see you go, even if it is but a temporary departure. Plans or no, I'm always down for a random chat session with my best scheming buddy. Don't sell yourself short though, you're a damn good writer, and half those schemes were because of your random toss outs. Take your credit and love it.

I expect you back someday, but until our paths cross again, may the road rise to meet your feet, and the sun never set on your horizon.

Salute, my friend!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 pm

*adds facebook*
Best farewell ever.

GC's right, don't sell yourself short. You really added a lot. Nod
Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Good luck out there, man. Smile
Naeí chindya edhän lle dhanath.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Buzzwolf, it is really sad to see you gone from FoG, but, as Kalon said, this was probably the best farewell ever.

I never realized how much my influence had an effect on you, and I guess most people never really know how their presence shapes the way a person perceives something, but it made me feel really good to hear that. I guess it's a little vain, but I'm not opposed to admitted that I can be rather vain at times.

Thank you for the great memories. I'm sorry that we never got around to the really cool plot between Saila and your Moriquende that we had planned, but I'm glad that I got to role-play with you on occasion, period.

You're a great guy, and I'm totally adding you on Facebook! I hope that when you get the hankering to write again - I know how it can feel to just not have the ambition to write - that you'll remember us.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down