FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1,000th member! BOO-YA!

+3
Lord Revan
Kalon Ordona II
The Dreamweaver
7 posters

Go down

1,000th member! BOO-YA! Empty 1,000th member! BOO-YA!

Post by The Dreamweaver Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:11 pm

cheers Congratulations FoG! cheers

Hello all! Dreamweaver here straight from the United States Marine Corps! Gunner

I'm glad to be able to make a mark on this site by being our 1,000th member. I'm pretty certain that must be a pretty exciting milestone for the site. I want to start by saying that this site has by far amazed me on soooo many levels. The quality of roleplay on this site is on a much grander scale than any other I have seen before. I mean WOW! This site is like a Hardcore Roleplayer's Haven! I've seen a lot of roleplay forums and most of them consisted of small-scale, one-liners for posts and I grew bored quickly because each time I'd write a page, I got a sentence in return.

I have a lot of faith that this site will allow me to hone my writing and perfect the literary arts. I'm already getting a nice vibe as I read through the RP threads. Everyone here seems so talented! I was wondering were all the skilled roleplayers were and turns out you were all hiding here, following the footsteps of ghosts. I happen to find all of you from a youtube video called Sephiris: The Price of Freedom by Kalon Ordana. It was a pretty creative idea for an advertisement.

I have a lot to learn as a roleplayer and I'm constantly seeking self-improvement. I believe there is a lot of self-exploration in writing and I'm definitely an aspiring student of literature. I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons and getting into some in-depth roleplay with you all as a scholar and a gentleman! Cheers! Pirate Drink

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

1,000th member! BOO-YA! Empty Re: 1,000th member! BOO-YA!

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Whoa, 1000th member!
WHOA, MY VIDEO?? Shocked
Price of Peace, and it's Ordona with an 'o', but still, wow! Shocked
1,000th member... Shocked

Welcome to the FOG, Dreamweaver! cheers

Hardcore Roleplayer's Haven this is indeed.
Looking forward to seeing some of your writing!

Oh whoa, you're in the chatbox!
*chats*

Hope you have lots of great times and adventures in role-playing with us! If you have any questions along the way, do feel free to ask! Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway. Very Happy

Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Woo Hoo!! Number 1000. Sorry but there is no prize. Unless the opportunity to write and roleplay here is a prize. Which it just might be.

My name is Marc and I am one of the OOC Mods here, so if you need any help or have any questions feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

Nice to see a fellow service member here. I'm Air Force, though, but don't worry, I won't hold that against ya. Razz

I'm also one of the Global Mods, so if you have a general question or concern regarding the site, you can shoot me, or Silvan Arrow, a PM.

Welcome to FoG!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dreamweaver Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks for the warm welcome Kalon, Revan, and The Ghost Writer!

Wow, did I really put "Ordana"? My bad for making you sound like a lady, mate. lol!
I suppose that's why as writers, we have been blessed with our best friend: The Edit Button.

It's just like you said Kalon. "I'm home". I'm excited to be apart of the family. It's time to roleplay like a badass and chew bubblegum and I'm fresh out of bubblegum, so let's crack out the old keyboard and get to work!

So far I've been pretty interested in Sephiris and the Mass Effect RP. Let's just see where the mist takes me. Headbang

Military man, eh? I think I may have just found my favorite drinking buddy! Funny Drunk
so you rolling with the boys in blue, eh? Y'all still wearing those ugly colors? Razz I could be all Moto Semper Fi Yut Yut mode on you, but I'm not that much of a Jarhead. So I take it you were one of those ASVAB kings? I was too, I just loved the idea of getting paid to blow stuff up. Nothing is more exciting than firing a SMAW rocket launcher and seeing the fireworks. Awesome

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 am

Hi, Dreamweaver! Welcome to FoG! And CONGRATULATIONS on being our 1,000th member!!! I was really wondering who that was going to be, since we were approaching that big mark, and I'm glad that you noticed that as well. Boogie I'm really excited to have over a thousand members now, and it's humbling to have watched this place grow since our beginning in 2009. It's wonderful knowing too that there are so many people out there who care about writing and role-playing enough to want to put a little bit of effort into it in order to produce great stories. Aww

--Which actually brings me to replying to what you said in regards to quality RPs. I think a great many of us have, if not participated in, at least seen one-liner role-plays and have not been impressed or felt like that's where we belong. While we don't have ultra strict rules in terms of writing, we do have some in place just to help insure one-liners don't happen and to encourage our members to put a little thought and time into their stories. It's not for everyone, but it's what we love and appreciate here. ^_^

Oh, wow! I never even saw Kalon's Sephiris: The Price of Freedom. Would you mind linking it to me (or anyone else)? I feel like I missed out. Laughing I'm so glad though that you found us through his YouTube! Very Happy

Please do enjoy yourself here, Dreamweaver, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of you around the boards! You'll go down in history as our 1,000th member!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dreamweaver Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello there Mother Fayt! Thanks for the sincere welcome! Dance

CONGRATULATIONS to FOG for reaching the milestone! That's quite an achievement!

Since 2009? Wow, I must have missed out these past few years. Finding this place was like finding that perfect book in the library after going through every bookshelf imaginable. I'm looking forward to seeing this place grow as well. Progress is a wonderful thing and I bet it must be similar to growing plant life, and I have to say your garden is blooming beautifully! I fell in love with the site the instant I noticed the vast amount of creative talent and immerse content. We need more writers out there like this!

I'd be more than happy to provide you with the link! Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9zc92qil-4

I'm sure you will as I've never been more sure that this is a site that I'll be settling in for years to come! Let's make history! Boogie

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Egads! Can it be? Our 1000th member?!?!?!?!

THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION!

Break out the drinks! Martini (Don't worry, we have Shirley Temples for all you underage peeps...teehee...)

Break out the snacks! Snack

No party would be complete without cake! And it's not a lie! Cake

And of course my favorite part...DANCE PAR-TAY!!!!!!! Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie Boogie

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME to FoG, Dreamweaver! I'm so thrilled that our 1000th member is so excited about this site and all it has to offer! Many of us have come from sites with poor-quality role-plays and have definitely had the "I'm home" reaction upon joining the community here. I personally never thought I'd get so emotionally attached to a community of writers that I've never met in person, but it's been a great journey that I'll definitely continue for years to come.

As Ghost said, I'm the other Global Mod - SilvanArrow, resident marine biologist and science geek, at your service! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and enjoy your stay!

Now...PARTY ON!!!! cheers
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Price of Peace--not Price of Freedom--Price of Peace.
Bit of alliteration there. ^_^
I guess it's about the same thing, but still. xD

I guess I forgot to share the video anywhere outside of the RP OOC. Laughing I'd tweak it slightly in some places, but I'm holding out for a remix once we start the next chapter in the RP itself. ^_^

Searchng "forum roleplay" or "forum RP" doesn't get many results on YouTube that make sense, so mine is easy to spot, I guess. Man, people should make more of these, totally! Windows Movie Maker ftw! Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dreamweaver Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Doh Geez, I guess in all my excitement, I scrambled a few words. The Price of Peace is definitely a very intriguing title. It brings up so many personal thoughts. I could imagine the great deal of philosophic interests the storyline must generate. The grand scale of which the worth of peace must be weighed and its raw value determined is insightful. Is "Peerless Nobility" enough to preserve peace? Many an empire has risen to great heights and fell to unfathomable depths due to lust, greed, envy, sloth, and pride. Is man capable of attaining a true peace? Or is peace merely a prelude to a season of war unending? I can feel it in the earth. I can hear it in the wind. The calm before the storm approaches!

Oh wait..that's just Silvan with more party snacks! Give me a slice of that cake!!! Woohoo!!! It's time to dance, dance, DANCE!!!! Dance

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 am

Yes, that's it exactly. ^_^
We haven't really come to the point yet where those questions are tackled, but the buildup so far is stupendous.

Never thought of relating my signature virtue to it before... hMmm.... ^^

Oh by the way, is your username from the song? Very Happy
oh-whoa-ho Dreeeeeam-weavah... ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dreamweaver Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 am

Oh ho! That's very good then. Maybe I can arrive before all hell breaks loose. Razz

Your signature virtue is pretty cool. Did Ghost Writer make that for you? Do all members of Sephiris have a signature virtue?

I actually remember a particular thread on this site that related music to writing and how it influences the written word.

In my opinion the song Dream Weaver is for the awkward teen faced with confusion and stress of trying to choose his future, especially when nothing in sight seems better than anything else. We could all use a visit to an astral plane.

OOOoooOOOHHhh DDDDRRRREeaammmWWWEEeeavVVVAAHHH!!!
I believe you can get me through the NNiiigggGHHTTT!!
OOOoooOOOHHhh DDDDRRRREeaammmWWWEEeeavVVVAAHHH!!!
I believe we can reach the morning LLiiigggGHHTT!!!
Boogie Dance Clap Date Excited Hug Headbang High Five

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:47 pm

The Dreamweaver wrote:Your signature virtue is pretty cool. Did Ghost Writer make that for you? Do all members of Sephiris have a signature virtue?

Uhm... Oh gosh. Embarassed Actually that signature (and the others like it) were designed by a member named Weiss. He's recently returned from the dead, but I haven't seen him online in the last few days since that return. At one time, all of those signatures had matching avatars and were, I believe, reserved for the staff. But since most of those staff members have retired or gone inactive, I'm sure the focus of the sets have changed. You can try and message him and ask about them.

I do make signatures myself, but mine have a different, more "modern-esque" style.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am

Weiss made the original version of my signature, but I've since grown enough in graphic design that what you see is a complete revamp by moi. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I know I am late to the welcoming committee but I am still going to welcome you all the same. It sounds like you will have a great time here at FoG. Congrats on claiming 1,000th member by the way. Anyway, welcome to FoG and enjoy your stay!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dreamweaver Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks and guys just thought I would inform you that my computer harddrive is not functioning.

The Dreamweaver
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down