FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello.

+2
Kathryn Lacey
Tobias Lancaster
6 posters

Go down

Hello. Empty Hello.

Post by Tobias Lancaster Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 am

Hi. My name is Michael. I know that my user name says otherwise, but that is my role play name. I really haven't done this in several years and any advice would be much appreciated. If anyone wishes to make an adventure with me, just let me know. Smile

Tobias Lancaster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty Re: Hello.

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:11 am

Yay! You came! That's exciting!

I'm Kathryn, and you already know me because if it wasn't for me, you likely wouldn't have decided to peruse the fabulous mists of FoG.

It's okay that you've used your favorite role-play character as your username. A lot of people do that. I just use my name because I like being called by my name by people. Maybe it's a vanity thing? heheh

Anyway, if you have absolutely any questions about anything, shoot them toward me. I find it's a lot faster to type on my computer than on my phone, but you can still text me if you need to know something and I'm not online to ask.

I'm one of the administrators here, but I'm more like the school counselor than anything else.

We have a lot of other great staff members here, too, who should be along shortly to welcome you. I believe they may come bearing the gifts of helpful links, too, if you haven't already perused all of the rules and such.

If you look in the three different role-play sections, you'll notice there are several interest checks. If any strike your interest at all, feel free to pipe up and voice your interest. No one will mind. If you have any ideas that you would like to try, feel free to create your own interest check thread to invite others into it. I'm sure there will be several people who voice interest in your ideas.

Also, you don't have to play as just your one character unless you really want to do that. FoG allows for multiple genres and multiple plots, so there is plenty of room for other characters you may want to create or revive.

I'm glad you decided FoG was awesome enough to join. We value literacy, but we're always open to both helping people become better writers ((I don't think any of us are perfect, so we all aspire to better our skills)) and to help others get back into the swing of writing if they haven't written in a while.

I really hope you enjoy the site!

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:02 am

Welcome to FoG, Michael! It's great to see one of Kathryn's friends join us here! I couldn't have put any of her advice any more eloquently, and she pretty much covered everything you'll need to know. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm one of the global mods, so I'm usually around if you need anything!

Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 am

Welcome to FoG! Its a great place to get back into RPing. It also helps sharpen your writing skills which I always find useful. Anyway if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask and enjoy your stay.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Ooh, another Michael! High Five

Welcome to the FOG, O friend of Kathryn's! cheers
Looks like most of everything has been covered, so I'll just wish you Happy Writing! ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Greetings, Tobias!

Hello. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Sorry for the late greeting! Glad to meet you. ^_&
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: