FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC

+2
Marionette
Kathryn Lacey
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC Empty Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC Wiccan_five_elements

Air...
Earth...
Fire...
Water...
Spirit...

These are the five, basic elements that command our existence. Air gives us breath. Earth gives us our bodily shells. Fire gives us warmth. Water gives us blood. Spirit gives us our very core. Without them, we would be nothing; we would not exist.

Long before humanity existed, these elements were separate, but they discovered each other and began to combine while still retaining their very cores. Eventually, they all decided to create one world where they could live together in peace. Combining all of their magick and power, they created Earth and the beings upon it. Things were wonderful and peaceful for a time until wars and strife began to infect this perfect world. In order to preserve themselves, the leaders of each elemental world blocked themselves away from Earth with the hopes that the taint would spread no further into their lands than they already had. They sealed the portals between the worlds and eventually, Earth and any world not their own became nothing more than a myth.

Only the Portal Keepers knew and believed the truth after all of that time, and they kept the secret amongst themselves.

After a time, each world began to break down, not realizing that while they had attempted to protect themselves from the chaos of blending, it was only by blending together that they could remain whole and balanced. The Portal Keepers realized this, and they worked tirelessly to unlock the portals in the hopes that they could contact the other worlds to inform them of their discoveries.

Perhaps it was the work of fate or destiny or whatever you want to call it, but simultaneously, one humanoid from each of the worlds - with the exception of Spirit - happened upon the newly unlocked portals and found themselves somehow activating the ancient technology before accidentally finding themselves on Earth at the same moment. To get back to their world, they must find the fifth elemental - Spirit - to help them combine their abilities and get home once more. Unfortunately, the fifth elemental has no idea who or what she truly is, so they must find a way to unlock her true potential once they find her.

PLAYERS

Air
Air Specs:

Earth
Earth Specs:

Fire
Fire Specs:

Water
Water Specs:

Character Sheet:

Waiting List:

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 12 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC Empty Re: Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Name
Psyche Vida

Sex
Female

Element
Spirit

Appearance
Psyche is of average height, standing at about five feet and seven inches. Her figure is fit, and her curves are average sized - noticeable but not overly so. It's difficult to discern what her natural hair colour once was because she dyes it something new all the time. Strangely, the soft waves never seem to become damaged or fried from the constant abuse. Instead, they always appear healthy no matter what colour it is - whether it's a rainbow colour or a natural one. At the moment, her hair is a deep, rich violet colour with side-swept bangs that extends to her shoulder blades.

Her eyes are mismatched naturally with one being blue with violet flecks and the other green with golden flecks. Unfortunately, the flecks of colour are difficult to discern unless one is paying close attention. Her lashes are long though not overly thick, but she remedies this with mascara.

High cheekbones are set on either side of a straight nose which is slightly turned up at the end. This leads to a pair of full, pink lips which she frequently paints for whatever effect she wants. Her flesh is relatively fair, but the olive undertones make it appear a bit more tanned.

Psyche doesn't limit herself to one style or one genre of fashion. Instead, she simply wears whatever she thinks is cute and flattering whether it be punky, gothy, preppy, tomboy-ish, bohemian, or anything else. She loves to change things up all the time.

Personality
Psyche loves fun. She loves change, excitement, and spontaneity. She becomes bored too easily if things remain the same in her life, so she typically tries to find a multitude of ways to change her routines whenever the mood strikes her.

However, she's also down to earth and kind. She would never allow changes in her life to negatively affect the lives of others. She wants people to be happy, and she can feel when they aren't. At times, her abilities can be overwhelming to her, but she's gained some control over them through the years. She just has to be careful about how crowded areas are when she enters them, or she could be flooded with the thoughts and feelings of not only the living but also of the dead.

Despite this, she loves to meet new people and to experience new places. She's very open minded about things - especially considering that most would consider her crazy if they knew she could speak to the dead and feel however the living felt. Of course, there has to be some sort of reasonable explanation or experience for her to believe something. She isn't just going to believe everything everyone tells her unless their emotions give away the truth of the matter.

Background
Psyche Vida was found abandoned, cold, and hungry walking along a road when she was very young. The little girl was dressed in strange clothing when a young couple found her and took her home with them. It wasn't long before she won their hearts despite their worries about her. Though they looked and looked, no one ever seemed to be able to find her parents, so Julia and Gregory Vida adopted the young girl who had told them her name was Psyche.

She grew up happy and strong, but things began to happen that made Gregory and Julia worry. She seemed to speak to people who weren't there. At first, they attributed it to imaginary friends, but many of the things she discussed were not remotely the sorts of things about which young children normally spoke. Sometimes, she seemed afraid of these invisible beings. There were other times when she would become physically ill if she was in too crowded a place. They saw doctors and psychiatrists, but nothing seemed to help.

Over the years, based on what Pysche was telling them, they worked with her on these abilities, to make them stronger but also easier for her to control. They hadn't believed what she'd told them at first, but time after time, her words rang with truths they couldn't ignore. With their help, she was able to go from being a frightened, unsocial young girl to a joyful, social young woman. She was able to attend college and though she didn't stay in any one major or even in college itself for long, she led a full, adventurous life. She backpacked over Europe, Africa, and South America. She's done road trips over the United States, Mexico, and Canada. In general, she just loves to experience anything and everything she can at least once.

She earns money by helping ghost hunters investigate houses and by helping people contact their deceased loved ones.

Strengths
- Likes to help people feel happier
- Isn't afraid of the unexplainable
- Intelligent and open minded

Weaknesses
- Overcrowded places with too many emotions sometimes make her feel ill.
- Has difficulty settling down which has been detrimental to forming tight bonds with others
- Often runs from things rather than facing them in an effort to keep things changing

Abilities
Empathy
Mediumship
Melding the Five Elements ((She doesn't even know about this ability yet.))
Telepathy ((This is one that she hasn't quite figured out exactly but the potential exists.))

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC Empty Re: Elemental Entities: Finding the Fifth - OoC

Post by Marionette Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:22 pm

I have been thinking, and what about a High-Council or something.,..or rather someone(s), let us say a secret society, tampering with the portals? Maybe that is why our characters came to find the portals and activate them so easily. Perhaps they could each be childen of the respective gate-sealer families (or something like that) and when they touched the device it went off?

How about this society from each respective planet is starting to move, wanting control of earth again? Of course they would be highly secretive and anciently guarded? Because everyone believes earth to be a myth it wouldn't be too hard to keep such a secret. But as for the reason of the hostile take-over, let us say that for Paititi at least, the Government will be over-thrown and taken over by the society officials due to the simple fact the the planet is dying. Something I think could possible start to happen to each planet? This thrusting them into war in an attempt to save themselves? Not realizing of course that the answer is that without eachother their planets will die? The Paititi planet could start becoming a bit of a desert, the fire planet begin to burn to the point where famine and water loss occurs. The water planet....um, perhaps erosion due to the constant wear of water, lava would start pouring from the core. The Air...hmmmmmm. I don't know....maybe not enough water? My point is that without the help of the other planet Magik, they can't survive.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:33 pm

I really like that idea, Marionette! That's really clever, and it adds a bit of tension that wasn't there before. I like that they all need each other to survive despite the idea that they once believed that with each other, they would become so corrupt and chaotic that they'd wipe themselves out. All the elements together bring harmony and balance. Without one another, they're too unstable and too unbalanced.

I think it's better if it's not a group of government officials since it's supposed to be a secret, and government officials are public figures. Instead, maybe it's a family or something that have been the portal keepers since the beginning of the portals' being locked. They'd be the few that still believe in what the portals can do, and if at least some of our characters who pass through the portal have family who are portal keepers, it would enable them to know that they'd need the combination of the five in order to make things right again.

Perhaps some of them were specifically sent through the portal for that very purpose while others were accidental occurrences.

I think each person should be able to choose what issue is happening in her or his own world.

I edited the first post with the inclusion of that idea. I really, really like it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Marionette Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Glad I could help, the pictuer I chose for my person gave the idea, the Yin-Yang hat. Balance is essential to all living things <3 I think I will choose massive earthquakes to afflict my planet.
Marionette
Marionette
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:15 pm

.:Under Construction:.

Name
Nyimak Katinguvu
(Nee-mock Cot-ing-goo-voo)

Sex
Female

Element
Fire

Appearance

Personality

Background

Strengths

Weaknesses

Abilities
Manipulating Flames
Superheating Body
Superheating Objects

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:10 pm

I've been thinking about this, and I think that if you guys can think of a legitimate fourth power that would be connected to your character's element, you can have it. I just think it should be something that will develop later rather than already possessing it, you know? I just want you guys to be able to have something else that's your own idea. You don't have to have the fourth ability. I just think it could be neat. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

What other sort of character is needed for this other than the element holders?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

We could have a regular human, quite frankly. Gender isn't important, and personality isn't either. This could be someone Psyche knows well, or some stranger who just happens to get sucked into the situation.

It's also possible that if this game really takes off, we can move it onto the other worlds and take on other players at that time, too.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:45 pm

I suppose I could be a lone Portal Keeper or a normal human. If you want me to wait, I could be from one of those other worlds later. I can't really think of anything else that would work.

Anything is fine by me. I am indecisive today.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

It's okay to be indecisive. It's a toughy. I imagined that Earth wouldn't have portal keepers, that it did at first, but eventually, the knowledge just didn't continue to get passed down the way it did with the other five worlds, so when the five end up there, it's all run down and crappy looking, not to mention dirty.

Anyway, any Earth portal keepers would be humans anyway, you know? That's the main, sentient species on the planet. Maybe you could be a human who's related to the last line of extinct portal keepers, and you find some ancient texts or something about it from a few hundred years ago and investigate? You'd still have to pretty much just be a human, but it would be better than being one hundred percent clueless about wtf is going on around the character.

If that doesn't appeal to you and being a regular human doesn't appeal to you, then we can just wait it out and see if you'd like to be someone from the next world they visit.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm

That's a good idea. He or she (haven't really thought of it yet) could happen upon some old books like you said. He/She could even be a friend of Psyche, too, if you want.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 pm

I'll post in here as well, Bird can have my spot as fire, I really don't mind.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:03 pm

If you want to stay in the role-play as the fire holder, Ryona, I am perfectly fine with making a human character. I don't want to kick you out! I like role-playing with you.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Well, honestly i was a bit worried on being able to keep up. I think that for the sake of this role play you should take the fire slot. If I can't stand not joining, I can make the human character Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:55 pm

I'll have my character up soon. What with my power being out, and going to my grandparent's I haven't had much time.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Bird, you've been updated as the Fire slot.

Ryona, here's the deal. Someone else has expressed interest in playing as the human since all other slots are filled. If you want, I can put you on the waiting list I'm creating - because of the unexpected spike in interest even after the positions have been filled, I feel it's the best way to do it. People drop out of games all the time, but by having someone waiting in the wings, we can keep it going, and eventually, some may get the chance to be a part of the story if they're patient. Maybe by the time a slot opens up, you'll have more free time, too, and you won't worry, yeah?

I <3 role-playing with you, so I want you to choose now whether you want to play as the human, be on the waiting list, or neither of those two. It's totally up to you.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 am

Toss me at the bottom of the waiting list Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Okie dokie!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 pm

BTW, I love role playing with you too Smile I just think it's a win win to let others have a chance and have me not stress about keeping up Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:37 pm

hahah I understand completely. We still have Bram!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Whew...I'm finally home and can work on this. Please tell me if I need to change anything.

Name
Destin Uldine

Sex
Male

Element
Water

Appearance
Destin is about six feet, two inches tall, a little bit above the average. His body is of slight build, lithe and limber like the flowing of water. His skin is not extremely pale, but not exactly tanned either. It is somewhere in between. His hair has waves in it, though it isn't extremely curly, and a golden blond color. His eyes are blue-green, the turquoise color of the sea. He has gills at his neck area, which allow him to breathe under water. He is generally garbed in the soft blue robes of the acolytes of Undine, bordered with a gold trim. He also often wears a hood over his head to shield it from the hot sun. He carries a staff through which he channels his healing powers, but carries no other weapons as he is not permitted to use violence except in extreme cases.

Personality
Destin is a compassionate individual and cannot sit idly by when someone is hurting, even if that person were to be his worst enemy. He tends to shy away from fighting and believes that there can always be a peaceful resolution to problems. He needs time to think problems through, however, he tends to over-analyze situations, which can sometimes lead to nothing being done. He is easy to talk to as he is a good listener and he also has good communication skills.

Despite all this, he tends to be shy and introverted if he is not healing or helping someone. He would rather spend time daydreaming than meeting new people. This was one of the main reasons many people thought he might not be fit for the throne, but he has been trying harder to open himself to others.

With the death of his parents, he has become more of a silent, thoughtful, even pensive individual. He is not very adept and hiding his emotions, and fragments of memories often can bring him to the point of tears.

Background
Born into the Lemurian Royal Family, Destin was the third child of the King and Queen. All the third children of the Royal Family were presented to the church, and Destin was no exception to the rule. At a young age, he was presented to the Temple priests of Undine, patron deity of the water. He was raised under their loving and wise tutelage, excelling in his academic studies, yet often devoting time to prayer and reflection. He was also permitted to visit his parents regularly and formed a healthy relationship with them. As a servant of Undine, he was sworn to protect the innocent, yet to only use violence when absolutely necessary. His healing powers were his specialty, such as had not been seen in the Temple for some years, and they were to be used for the good of all, even for those whom he did not care for.

He was happy as a young priest and enjoyed dedicating his life to healing the sick and the weary of heart. When he was seventeen, however, disaster struck. On the eve of his seventeenth birthday, however, disaster struck. The ocean that covered nearly the entire world of Lemuria had slowly eroded the little land that remained. Without warning, this erosion caused a massive earthquake, and a newly formed volcano jutted from the waters directly in the center of the Lemurian capital, spewing lava and ash everywhere. His family was killed, and he alone survived because he had been on a pilgrimage to a sacred shrine. When he returned to find the city in ruins and his family gone, he was horrified. Yet his people were looking for a leader...The Temple agreed to release him from his duty to them in order to preserve the Royal lineage. The only thing he was required to do was to visit an ancient site said to possess holy power. Here he would receive the strength and resolve to attain the responsibilities of the throne. Little did he know that this place was the location of the portal, and that his presence would activate what had been dormant for so long...

Strengths
Destin is highly academic in nature and has a good grasp of geography, politics, etiquette, and literature. He also is very limber and has great speed and agility. His knowledge of aquatic plants is also vast.

Weaknesses
Destin is highly affected by the sun and burns easily. He is also not very strong and tends to rely on his speed rather than brute force. He can become dehydrated easily while on land and must drink plenty of water to remain healthy.

Abilities
Breathing Underwater
Healing
Manipulating Water
*Water mimicry to be developed

Last edited by Ruu on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 am

Weather manipulation is something I see more as a combination of air and water - which is something I forgot to mention. The elements can combine to do really neat things together. =3

Anyway, if you want some ideas, you can look here for them for the water abilities. Not all of them are acceptable because to me, they're more like combinations of two elements than the control over just one. However, there are some neat ones like Viscosity Control and Water Mimicry.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:06 pm

I have a question before I start on my sheet; would Air Current Manipulation include manipulation of air pressure?

Also, decided to put up my char sheet, though I'll probably edit it when I get an answer on the above question.

Name
Aros Pazulo

Sex
Male

Element
Air

Appearance

Aside from the combination of his eyes and hair, the first thing you'd think of when looking at Aros is average. He has an average height and weight, standing at a height of 5"11" with a weight of 157 lbs. The unusual aspect about him is the contrast between his eyes and his hair. His eyes are gold, which is a stark comparison to the color of his straight, silver hair. In addition to this, he possesses a skin color in the middle of the spectrum between fair and tan. He is of a rather stocky build as well, so in essence, is sort of like a brick wall with his sturdiness and height. His clothes typically consist of a popped up collar shirt with jeans; despite his status, he doesn't flaunt it as much as he is able to.

Personality

Aros is a rather arrogant person, probably as a result of his upbringing. He's also confident in addition to this. Despite both of these two traits, he is a pretty loose person; he isn't the type to make plans. He usually just goes with the flow, only intervening when he finds said flow unpleasant. He is also a friendly person too, trying to make friends of most anyone he meets no matter who they are. Typically though, he usually oversteps his bounds and makes a joke that crosses the line, so his attempts at making friends often fail.

Despite this habit of his, he is a loyal friend when you get right down to it. This has the side-effect of him having a hard time forgiving others, if they've done something unforgivable in his eyes. he's also generally suspicious of any strangers, though as mentioned, that usually goes away when he tries to befriend those same strangers.

Background

Aros was born into a family with strong ties to the king. His father was the Chief Advisor to the king of the realm Shambahlah, while his mother was your typical stay at home wife, providing for their son. Growing up, he learned how important he was; before being an advisor to the king, his father's family had taken care of the gates, the mystical places that were said to be connected to the other realms. Of course, everyone considered those other places fictional; if that was true though, why would people just build gates out in the middle of nowhere?

It was true that buildings surrounded the gates, so at one point they weren't in the middle of nowhere, but at that point in time, the gates were crumbling. Despite this, as Aros grew up, he was regarded as a sort of symbol, as hope for the realm. For decades the realm had been growing more and more unstable, and not just from the lawlessness that seemed to be becoming more prevalent.

For years, the normally calm winds that flowed over the lands were becoming more chaotic, more violent. More tornadoes occurred than ever before, as well as other natural disasters not related to winds. Things like lava bursting out of the ground after a tornado had torn it apart, and tsunamis ravaging the coasts, propelled there by the winds of the tornadoes. Aros was seen as a way to end all of this; some old legends had foretold that the realms needed to be reunited if they ever fell to ruin, like Shambahlah was. Only the king knew what had to be done, however; someone who came from a family of portal caretakers had to pass through the portal and attempted to contact the other realms to reunite them.

It was when Aros turned nineteen, the age of maturity in Shambahlah, that he was told by the king that to prove his worth as a caretaker that he had to journey to the portal just outside the capital city. Granted, Aros had no plans of being a caretaker; he wanted to be an advisor to the king, or future king, like his father. He realized that he would likely have to gain favor with the king first before that could happen though, and so, he went along with what the kind said. What he didn't know was that he was to be sent through the portal, to Earth.

Strengths

In the eye of adversity, it would be odd to find him backing down; he has a lot of courage and confidence in himself. He can also be motivational when he wants to be. Finally, he has a fairly good handle on politics, having grown up being mostly a political tool.

Weaknesses

His plans tend to be spur of the moment, so they're not very well thought out. In addition to that, most of his plans include just doing something straight up. For instance, if he ever had to sneak into some sort of evil overlord's base, he'd probably prefer just charging in to anything else. He also tends to underestimate people.

Abilities
Air Current Manipulation
Invisibility
Flight
*Sound Manipulation(To be developed later. Since sound passes through the air, he'll eventually learn to manipulate it).

Last edited by Ragter the junior greeter on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 pm

In my opinion, yes. It's just like water manipulation would include pressure as well.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Alright then Kathryn. I edited my post to include my character sheet. I decided Sound Manipulation wouldn't fall under Air Current Manipulation, since it's manipulating the sound waves that pass through the air. I might be wrong on that though...
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Okay. I'm fine with it just as long as you remember that it's not the manipulation of sound itself so much as manipulating the quality of the sound by changing the air currents around it. However, because that has to be hard as hell when compared with generic air manipulation, I'll allow it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm

~Oooh, thanks for the web page! That helps alot! I really like the idea of Water Mimicry. Would that be okay for him to develop?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Of course! I think it's a pretty badass ability, so yeah. Go for it!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Name
Lan Fan Shintou

Sex
Female

Element
Fire

Appearance
Lan Fan is 5'7 with an athletic build. Her skin is a dark tan that is almost burnt looking. Her hair is of a deep brown that almost looks black. She wears her hair in an intricate pattern of many thin braids that is held in a high tail. Her eyes are a fiery copper color that look unsettling in certain lights. This paired with small pupils give her a constant look of anger. Her left arm has a long burn scar that goes from her shoulder and covers part of her hand.

Personality
Lan Fan is loyal to a fault and has a strong sense of duty. Her pride can lead her to do reckless things and her anger could be better managed. She is extremely strong-willed and acts out of passion. Despite a cold demeanor and tough attitude, Lan Fan has a strong heart that seeks what is right even if her means are less than perfect.

Background
Lan Fan is the twelfth and youngest child of a military family. The Shintou family is known for producing the finest soldiers in Thinis and, despite being the only girl in a male-dominated family, Lan Fan is determined to live up to the family name. Growing up around eleven older brothers has had its effects on Lan Fan and she has grown up to be strong and relentless despite a small chip on her shoulder. Her left arm was burned in a failed security detail that she would rather forget.

Strengths
Lan Fan is a skilled martial artist. She rarely fights with weapons, but she does have two fighting fans with concealed spring-loaded blades that she is quite proficient with. Her determination is unrivaled and, once set on a path, she pursues it relentlessly.

Weaknesses
Lan Fan can be hot-headed, over-confident and sometimes cruel. She hates to be criticized or pitied. Her fire abilities, though very powerful, are not exact causing anything in her flame's path to get burned.

Abilities
Fire Manipulation
Superheating
Lightning Manipulation * to be developed and discussed.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next