FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you could help me?

3 posters

Go down

Lincoln or JFK

Do you think you could help me? Votele100%Do you think you could help me? Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you think you could help me? Votele10100%Do you think you could help me? Voteri10 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Do you think you could help me? Empty Do you think you could help me?

Post by *Lozy Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm a senior in highschool and from my History/Government/Economics class we are asked to write a short essay on a president's religious beliefs and how that affected their presidency. Immediately two names came to my mind. John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln. I know they seem like very obvious choices, but they interest me. At first I thought of Lincoln because I thought I wouldn't need to do much research on my part. I thought of JFK, because I have been interested in him for some reason lately, and I don't really know anything about him.

I typed the names into google. JFK was catholic, he also had a big family, and I thought he would be an interesting subject.

When I thought of Lincoln I automatically assumed he was a Christian. But, it turns out that their is a lot of controversy on his religious beliefs.

This is where I am unsure. Think about the controversy of Lincoln I think he would make an interesting subject, but because no one really knows what he believed I do not know if this would stay on the lines of what I am suppose to be writing about. But, then I thought maybe I could write about the things he did in presidency and come up with what I thought he believed based on his actions.

My question here is, do you think that Lincoln would work with subject I am suppose to be writing about, or would JFK be better? Please let me know what you think, because honestly, I can't decide.

*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you think you could help me? Empty Re: Do you think you could help me?

Post by Lord Revan Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:17 pm

I personally would right mine on JFK because his religious background was a major factor of his presidency. He was the first and only Roman Catholic President in our history. This was a major point of contention in his election. Many voters, and his opponent brought this issue up.

That is just my opinion, because Lincoln is interesting too, as he is the best President, IMO, we have had in the US.

But for an essay like this I would choose JFK.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Thank you very much Marcus I think I will do it on JFK, and maybe save Lincoln for another essay maybe. I agree with you though, Lincoln did so many things that changed the US and peoples thinking.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 pm

This is for a highschool class? Public or private?
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Homeschool.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Option C! Makes more sense.

If you want an interesting fellow, look into Thomas Jefferson. He's progressive even by today's standards.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum