FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the better to see you with...

+4
Silvan Arrow
Dax
Lord Revan
*Lozy
8 posters

Go down

All the better to see you with... Empty All the better to see you with...

Post by *Lozy Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 am

And Oh, what shiny teeth you have.
All the better to smile with.

Hello there, please do call me Lozy. I have just joined this site recently, in fact only a couple hours ago. I'm very excited to jump in. This seems like an interesting place. I understand it's a place for literate roleplaying, this I am truly excited and admittedly a little nervous. I'm not the best speller, though with modern technology like spell check you would never know the difference. But, along side of that, my grammar skills are sub-par, and slightly lacking in what they could be. I am working in a goal to change that. I'm in highschool, so I've got time to learn.

I have not been roleplaying as long as others I know. Only for around two to three years give or take. Most of that roleplaying has been conducted on a site called Tinierme (an adorable, but rather annoying site, I might add). It's becoming a little crowded with some illiteracy and cliche, unoriginal ideas. Not that I have anything better to spit out then over used crap, and not that I'm downing anyone. I still love the site, but I want to broaden my horizons. So, here I am. Take me!

(Now I have to go cause it's late and my butt hurts.)

Thank you, and this has been an introduction brought to you by
[center]Lozy.
Make everyday a Lozy Day
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

http://foreversincerely.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

All the better to see you with... Empty Re: All the better to see you with...

Post by Lord Revan Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 am

Welcome to FoG, Lozy. Even though you do not have as much experience as others here, it is still great you found us. I am sure you will have a fun time here. Plus FoG is a great place to improve your skills, and we have many writers who will love to help you.

My name is Marc and I am one of your friendly OOC mods. If you have any questions or need any assistance, feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff here and we will gladly assist you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 am

Bonjour and bienvenue to FoG, Lozy!

Don't worry about your grammar/spelling skills. We were all like that once. The important thing is that you focus on improving yourself, that's all that matters! Besides, I, as will the rest of the staff and members, will be delighted to help you on your way. Very Happy

So, if you want any help or advice, don't hesitate to ask! I'm usually on... alot, because of crappy class schedules and at any time of day. So I am here if you need anything.

I look forward to seeing you on the threads! cheers
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 am

Welcome to FoG, Lozy. Like Dax and Marcus said, please don't worry about a lack of experience or issues with grammar/spelling. I barely had any role-playing experience when I joined here, but everyone was very helpful and I improved quickly. I'm sure you'll find FoG a great place to sharpen your skills and get feedback from other writers. Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask me or any of the lovely staff members if you have any questions. We would be more than happy to help!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 am

Thank you all very much for the warm welcoming. I am rather excited to start. Just last night I was looking over the Caligo Main Character Profile, thinking of all the things I could put there and everything.

I'm happy to be here, and again, thank you.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Actually I do have a few questions pertaining to Caligo. These are questions not addressed in FoG's Caligo section on the front page. I've looked, but I'm not sure if I've looked in the right places. Is there a FAQ on Caligo somewhere? Please, if there is, could someone link me to it. I would very much appreciate it.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Welcome to FoG, *Lozy. I'm Ghost, the other global moderator alongside Silvan.

All of the Caligo information is available through the FoG in Caligo drop down menu at the top of the main index. What questions do you have in particular that I may answer?
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Greetings, Lozy!

All the better to see you with... Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

We can try to answer any questions you have about Caligo and, if we can't answer it, Fate sure can!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Well, reading threw the "personal touch" section of FoG in Caligo, I realize that some of my questions might be unnecessary, but I'm kind of one of those people that likes guidelines.

Example one, I have a question about the technology. At first I thought of Caligo kind of like the Lost City of Atlantis. Have you ever seen the Disney animated movie? They have ancient technology, that is superior to our own, but is run much different as well. But, as a read some profiles, I became kind of unsure if that was the case, and a little confused.
The same could be said when I think of their clothing, weapons, ect.

Another question I had was about the ageing process. How does that go. Because it says that they age till they are thirty, and then stop ageing. At first I thought that meant they aged normally until they reach the age thirty, and do not age from their. But, then a saw Fate Foretold's Caligo Main Character and noticed that the age said "578 (appears to be in her mid 20's) so I was unsure how old physically and such I would make a character. Like if they were 40 would they look younger then 20 or even younger, or if I had a character that was 18, would they look 18 or like 10? These are the things I think about, cause, well I'm just crazy.

Thank you very much for taking my questions. Sorry if they have already be asked or addressed.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Lozy! cheers

Looks like most of the welcomes have already been done. Nevertheless, much of welcoming to you! Aww
Never fear, this is a great place to improve one's writing! Very Happy

As for Caligo, those questions might need Fate. I never really thought about the aging much before, since I have older characters. I do know, though, that a lot of Caligo is unstandardized, in character as well as out. It's intentionally somewhat disjointed to allow for some mystery and artistic license. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome to FoG, Lozy!

Don't worry about not having skills you feel are up to par. We're all here to help you become better because that's also what we want for ourselves. Improvement is definitely encouraged in these parts, and that fact that you want to improve is even better! We're all more than willing to be patient and to help. I like to think that my grammar is pretty good, personally, so if you have any grammatical questions, I can do my best to help. I think Kalon actually has pretty awesome grammar skills, too, so I'm sure he'll be available for questions along the same lines.

As far as Caligo goes, I have seen the Disney movie about which you're talking, and I loved it. However, it's a bit different. Clothing is pretty normal compared to what we wear now, but my impression is that it's mixed with futuristic and tribal-esque clothing as well. I'm pretty sure that one is open to interpretation.

I know what you mean about the aging until thirty confusion. However, I think I can answer this. All people of Caligo age like normal humans ((outsiders/drifters)) until they reach a certain age, and I'm under the impression that this is anywhere from twenty to thirty years for eternity. Caligoans don't all look the exact same age, but they never go beyond looking thirty unless their shade companion dies, in which case they'll age until they die.

I hope that helps!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *Lozy Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you very much, everyone. I appreciate the help and support. I certainly can't wait to be an active and involved member here at FoG.
*Lozy
*Lozy
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum