FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gott's Curse

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gott's Curse - Page 2 Empty Re: Gott's Curse

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 am

Ah, sorry for the delay! Here's my character. It's fine if he's 20, I don't mind.

Facts:
Last name: Gott
Name(s): Matthew
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Job: Carpenter

Looks:
Body: Tall and lithe, somewhat muscular because of the work he does.
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Aquamarine
Skin color: Slightly tanned
Clothing: Matthew prefers practical clothing. Even during the winter months, he wears a tight fitting short-sleeved black shirt because of his job. He usually wears khaki shorts down to his knees except on very cold days. Even on very cold days he'll wear a loose fitting long-sleeved shirt and baggy long pants. He prefers to wear lighter fabrics most of the time, though he'll switch to wool and cotton in the winter months.
Overall first impression: Matthew is a strong-looking individual but he has a kind light in his eyes that makes him easy to talk to.
Other: He is never seen without a bandanna around his head. He has them in a variety of colors.

Character:
Likes: Woodworking, the outdoors, his family, honey, spicy foods
Dislikes: Fire, having nothing to do, vegetables
Personality : Matthew is a strong individual. He enjoys working with his hands and is quite good at fashioning intricate and beautiful objects for people. Even though the village dislikes the children, they are still in awe of his craftsmanship. When he's not working, Matthew is a very family-oriented person and enjoys spending time with his siblings. He is a good leader, though he usually defers to his older siblings. He also has a carefree attitude and not much can get him down. When he does get angry or sad, it's hard to shake him from that mood.
Strong sides: Rarely worries, strong leader, kind
Weak sides: His bad moods last for a while, can be easily distracted
Hobby’s: Woodworking, soap carving, painting, drawing
Gift:. Wind: He can manipulate air molecules to create strong gusts and with enough concentration, even hurricane force winds. He can also use wind to make himself appear to be flying.

Background: Matthew grew up keenly interested in working with his hands. He was always creating things, first out of mud, then out of clay, then drawing and painting, and finally working with wood and even a little bit of stone. Even though the people are suspicious of him, they can't deny his skill. He was always the dreamer in the family, trying to think up new ways to represent things using different mediums. In many respects, he was an artist. His choice of displaying art would change often, but that fundamental love for art would never change.

He was always a family person and had time for his siblings and would often try to get them interested in art as well. When his mother died, it was a blow to him, because she was always understanding of him and his work. That was a time that a deep sadness took him, and it was almost a year before he was back to normal. With his father's death recently, he's tried to keep up a cheerful appearance for his younger siblings, because he feels as if he needs to help his two older siblings to support the family. He does what he can to generate income with his woodworking skills, but he knows his two older siblings do a better job of supporting the family.

Recently, he was revolved in a romantic relationship with a young girl, a traveler who visited the village. She was one of the few people who didn't fear their family and the supposed curse they brought. She was a wandering soul, however, and she soon left, though she gave him a good luck charm to remember her by.

Skills: Can "run like the wind", an expert at woodworking
Development: Matthew focused more on arts and crafts in his education than reading and writing. Those skills are basic.
Crafts: Matthew can actually glide for long periods at a time as long as he has a running start.
Social abilities: Matthew's pretty easy to talk to because he's so easy-going, though sometimes it may appear as he takes certain situations lightly.

Possessions: Woodcraft tools (saw, hammer, chisel, ect.)
Personal belongings: A good-luck charm made for him by one of the girls in the village
Weapons: Matthew wields a wooden sword he crafted for himself and a light rapier.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey guys, just a thought here, but if we don't get more people to help with this story, why don't we just run what we have, just builiding up the base of the story.

Keep a simple summary posted on the interest check - to keep others in tact to the story that's moving, and to keep the thread bumped.

If we don't get a few more involved by then, then just cut the number of powers, condense the family - or allow each family member to hold two powers... And we three just run the story, creating C&G's to keep the story going.

I've run two full series of RPs with tons of charries and full minor and major story lines, with only three main vets. We will have a few players enter in and leave, come back and leave again, but each one was fully aware of what was going on throughout the entire three book series because we kept a running summary thread. New member were able to enter in as well with ease.

So, it's possible.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Very much so approved, love the name Very Happy
And I get your point Phi, but lets just wait a little while longer Smile
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.animya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm

~Thanks, I'm glad you like!

Was Dark Goddess still going to make a character, Phi?
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm

No problemo! Have I missed something?
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, I thought Phi said something about Dark Goddess making a character, but maybe I'm wrong.
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Never heard of such a thing... Wink Would've been nice though...
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 pm

No Ruu, I just mentioned that I knew her. She's one of my long time writers/RPers. That's all. Very Happy

And I understand, Animya. It's really nice to have more RPers...
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Animya Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 am

Okay, since it's been a while since I've responded [sorry sorry, have been busybusy XD] I see it fit to start RPing with the players who are currently willing. Does everybody agree with that? Phi, you said something about a plot line, PM?
Animya
Animya
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 pm

~I'm ready whenever you guys are!
Ruu
Ruu