FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayward Wandering

+3
Artorius
The Ghost Writer
Christoph
7 posters

Go down

Wayward Wandering Empty Wayward Wandering

Post by Christoph Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Greetings! I am Christoph. I love writing, muffins, and zany adventures. As a long-time writer and role-player, I have visited many, many sites over the years. I spent a few of those more recent years on Althanas before its depressing decline. Then, for the previous year I wandered the internet in search of a new site to fill that void. I want a forum that I can care about again, a place that makes me feel proud to be a member and where I feel good about investing my time and energy.

I like what I see so far. I can sum up my initial impression of FoG in one word: “Professional.” The site’s layout is fresh and appealing, and I respect the unashamed focus on writing quality. In short, this place seems to fit me like a glove.

As I stated above, I love writing -- both the writing itself and the analysis of the craft. I served for over a year on the Althanas staff as an official content writer and reviewer, helping members grow and improve, as well as stints on various dedicated writing sites. This should explain FoG’s appeal. I hope that my initial impressions prove correct, and I look forward to a long, rewarding stay.

~Christoph
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Wayward Wandering Empty Re: Wayward Wandering

Post by The Ghost Writer Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Well we ran out of muffins (I ate them all), but I think Quaker still has some of his bagels left - though you'll have to sneak past his guard dogs. I'm sure the administrators will appreciate your comments on the professionalism of the site, as well as our writers. FoG has been customized from head to toe to present a unique role playing and writing experience for all of our users.

Welcome to FoG, Christoph! I'm one of the global moderators here. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the eerie-blue, bloody-vanilla, skinned-peach, or ectoplasm-green people (<--- that's a link; don't let the colors fool you).

Have a nice day! And if you hear of anything regarding candy conspiracies, please contact my private investigator firm immediately.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Since Ghost has taken care of most everything, I'm just going to say have fun! Feel free to explore the casual and advanced roleplay forums. I'm sure you'll find something to like seeing as there is something for just about everyone here. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you involved soon.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Even if you can get past Quaker's guard dogs, you'll also have to face his land mines and bomb-laden booby traps. He has a certain...affinity...for blowing stuff up.

But anyway! Welcome to FoG, Christoph! I can totally relate to what you say about wanting to genuinely care about the site. I'll freely admit that I was very skeptical about the kind of sense of community and professionalism you could find in a simple online forum, but FoG has far and beyond surpassed anything I could have expected in terms of writing quality and the awesomeness of its members. You sound like an experienced and competent writer, so I have no doubt you'll fit right in with our cast of talented, crazy, awesome, soul-nibbling (Oops...did I say that?) writers!

Enjoy your stay, happy writing, and don't hesitate to ask any of the staff if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

I appreciate the warm welcome. Some of the forum's organization is a bit odd, but that's probably more me not being used to things. In general, I'm a very ambitious role-player and tend to organize RPs of epic proportions across multiple threads, or smaller but very quality-focused projects. I'll probably start plotting and scheming when I return from out of town. So... it should be fun.
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:11 am

Christoph, you are home.
Welcome... to the FOG. Coolio

I was in your exact position a year ago, when I first came here. I promise, now that you're here, you'll never want to leave.

As if we'd let you. Twisted Evil

I think I see what you're saying about the organization. I never really thought about it before, but there are OOC threads in the In Character area and fictional written works in the Out of Character area. I guess the way to think of it is Other Stuff and then Role-Playing. Laughing It's a good point, though. If that's what you were talking about, or if you have other concerns or suggestions, do feel free to create a topic about it in the Feedback subforum. Nod Anything to improve the site is always welcome.

That aside, I'm sure you'll fit in seamlessly around here. This site seems to have been made for people like you who are looking for a haven for serious writing. And by serious, I mean crazy. Laughing That is to say, we have tons of fun, but we take our writing seriously. We are elitists, but not the kind who lord it over everyone. We strive for excellence. As I've always put it, we are the eliterate. Wink

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing, and to role-playing with you sometime. I hope you enjoy your exploration of the site, and as always, if you have any questions at all, please feel free and encouraged to ask. We have plenty of people here handy with answers. Right here in your intro thread is a good place, while we're getting to know you anyway.

One great way to get started is to browse and list yourself in the Favorite Role-Plays List. Additionally, you could peruse the interest check subforums in the various In Character categories, or simply ask for people to suggest role-plays to you here, or even create your own. The options are many. Very Happy

Happy writing! Welcome again, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Erm, Kalon? I think only staff members can utilize your link. It says only users with special access can see the thread.
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Actually, Artorius, it's just because you're not invited to the club. Cool

Nah, I'm joking. That thread was actually archived a while back. I'm not sure why, but considering the fact that it was originally authored in 2009, and the last and 21st post was in December of last year, I'm guessing that the lack of its use was what had it removed from the public boards.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi, Christoph! Welcome to FoG. *hands you some muffins* xD

I know what it's like to have had that yearning to find a place that is not only active enough, but that meets your needs and wants out of a role-playing message board (which is why I ultimately created FoG). I hope that this place can provide the atmosphere and environment that you are looking for, but if not for whatever reason, I hope that you'll be able to find it eventually. It's important to have a community that you feel you can truly be a part of and belong to, at least when RPing is a hobby of yours, and therefore you'll be spending a fair amount of free time on the message board.

Thank you for your compliment on FoG's layout, and I love that you commented on our aspiration to focus on writing quality. I always had such a difficult time finding a role-playing site where people actually consistently cared enough to put forth any significant amount of effort in their writing, and that's perfectly fine, so long as writing and/or role-playing is something that's not really a big form of recreation/entertainment for you, but for those of us who really enjoy it to the point where we want to work on story development and concentrating on writing captivatingly, we need a place where we can do that. Smile

It's really fascinating to me to hear a little bit about you, since your history reminds me so much of myself. I too was an Administrator of another role-playing site (one, funnily enough, that has over 3,000 members, just like Althanas) previous to starting FoG. However, it had a very severe decline due to many contributing factors, and because I felt it wasn't being run in the best of ways, I therefore decided to resign from my position there and start my own message board.

It's wonderful to have you here, and I really am very much looking forward to getting to know you better. I hope that you find what you are seeking here with us!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Christoph Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 pm

All right, I am finally back! Thank you again for giving me one of the better welcomes that I have received from a role-playing site. I feel at home already, and I can’t wait to start some exciting new projects. For me, writing and role-playing transcends mere entertainment and recreation. Writing is my life goal and role-playing is both loads of fun and my favored method of practice. From looking around, I’m sure that others here think the same way.

Fate: I actually worked my way up to being a Junior Administrator on Althanas, in charge of event coordination, before eventually leaving. I definitely know you feel, working hard for a site when everyone else runs it into the ground. I’m glad that you did what I hadn’t been able to do (lacking coding ability) and started your own forum.

I feel refreshed to have found a site that I can look at it and say, “It may be young, but it has amazing potential to grow and become even better. And I want in on it.” I am always brimming with ideas, and I hope to stick around and be a part of this site’s growth for a good long time.

PS: Everyone has such spiffy avatars.
Christoph
Christoph
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 pm

That sounds like it would have been a pretty interesting and fulfilling position to have held over at Althanas. It's really disappointing, as someone who has put forth so much effort and is working towards bettering the community, to see it fall apart. I'm just really happy to have had the pleasure and opportunity to put this place together, and I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow and progress.

It'll be great to have you here with us along the way. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I can't believe I never said 'hello' to you in your intro thread. So, 'hi'!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down