What are you doing?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:22 pm

I just did some research on how to take care of a compact Stella cherry tree... they seem to be really hard to grow. I'm not really interested in growing the cherries (though that would be nice), but it seems hard enough to even keep them alive. The leaves that were on it died around the time we moved in unfortunately, and I think it will be next spring before I see any leaves on it again.

I also found out that I am probably watering the thing too much. I may be causing root rot Sad I am going to have to change my watering technique and see how that works. Maybe I'll see some leaves before winter, but I'm not counting on it.

Does anyone here have experience in growing a cherry tree, or something similar. Anyone here a green-thumb at all?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:09 am

Sorry. I wish I could help you, but I killed an aloe vera plant in a week... I have no idea how I killed a freaking cactus.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Sorry. I wish I could help you, but I killed an aloe vera plant in a week... I have no idea how I killed a freaking cactus.
lol!

"Everything I touch DIES!"
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:08 pm

^^_^^;; hahahah

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:10 pm

I was exercising just now, and lately I've been doing at least 100 crunches a day (as I did some research and found out, in order to lose belly fat, crunches are better than situps), and today I've done 300 so far. I do 100 at a time now. I started out (a couple months ago) doing only 20 at a time, so that tells you just how far I've come.

Welll... I just looked at my belly in the mirror to see how it's doing, haha. Laughing (It still is not flat, for some reason, which irritates me.) And my eyes got wide and I just said to myself, "HOOOOLY CRAP, DUDE!" There's some weird definition going on on my stomach! I have never, ever, ever had any muscles before, so I don't know what any muscles (be them arms, legs, or stomach) look like, and now evidently I am getting stomach muscles. It's weird! I'm not sure how I feel about it, since I'm not exercising and working out to get muscles -- I just want to have a flat stomach! Ah, what a dilemma!

Now I'm back to working on my book cover drawing for a commission.

_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

If you want to lose belly fat, you have to do more than just abdominal work-outs. It's weird, but you have to pretty much work your whole body to lose weight in a place. The personal trainer who works with Misery and I told us that much.

You'll probably also want to make sure you're doing more than just crunches because those will only work one portion of your abs whereas trying other abdominal exercises will help work the whole area which will be more helpful.

Also, apparently doing all of your crunches in one thing isn't that great for results, either. You'll want to do them in sets, and you'll want to not just speed through them like it's a race to the finish.

Sometimes, I like to go onto Fitness Magazine's site and look up some stuff for when I'm just at home or when I'm going to the gym and not following the personal trainer's exact routine. Here are some things that may interest you:

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Lord Revan on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Well Fate the stomach is the hardest area to work. You can do a million crunches, or situps, and build muscle without burning the fat. Which sometimes leads to a bigger looking stomach.

Have you changed your diet? That along with the exercising is how you burn the belly fat, and get a flat stomach. I hope I can help. My belly is the only area of my body I don't like. All my fat seems to go there.

Kathryn has beaten me to it, it seems. Plus she gave you much more detail. Probably because she works out, where as I just rely on my lovely metabolism to keep in basic shape.
avatar
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2011-07-25
Male

Posts : 842
Age : 40
Location : New York, NY


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:30 pm

I have a very average metabolism, so the fact that I've been eating whatever the hell I want has contributed to my not really burning enough fat though I am becoming a bit more fit. Damn those gummy bears!

Marc's definitely right about the diet. Eating more protein is really important when you're working out, too. Speaking of which... I'm going to go eat a tuna sandwich since I'm going to the gym this evening with Misery, and I don't want to get sick while I'm working my muscles really hard.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:42 pm

I don't know much about dieting and exercising...but I do know that when my stomach was swollen post pregnancy, I couldn't do much exercising without potentially busting my incision. Every night before I went to bed, I would lay flat on the bed (though the floor is better, at the time I couldn't get down there) and lift my legs off the bed, five to ten inches. Sometimes, I would lift my upper body up as well, simultaneouly.

It's actually not that easy to do (especially with severed stomach muscles). But doing it once a day, and eventually, several times a day with push ups, crunches, and lots of walking got my belly much flatter.

I tried to find a picture of the position but no luck. If you lay flat and lift your legs off the floor, its easy to bring them up at a 90 degree or even 45 degree angle. You have to have them lower to the floor than that. You'll feel your stomach straining. I don't know if it will help you, but it helped me.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow, thanks for the links and advice, Kathryn! I am going to give these a try now.

I eat protein bars on a near daily basis (usually for dinner and then eat a big lunch) and also try and walk everyday. I have been jogging lately and just went for a walk and jog this afternoon. I also do leg lifts and jumping jacks just to help me stay active and fit. I only eat one big meal a day and eat a lot of really tiny things the rest of the day. I would think that ALL that would be enough, but my body is really, really hard to please.

Actually, what Ryona just posted is something that I have been doing for a couple of months now. Those are supposed to be really good for your belly, but I haven't seen any results yet. I do them on a daily basis too.

I'll give these new moves a shot that Kathryn posted. I'm willing to try anything at this point!

_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Ryona, you're talking about leg lifts, right? These? Those are awesome, but I hate doing them. XD I kind of hate ab workouts in general though it's probably because I just don't work them enough, so they feel hella weak. I have to keep my hands under my bum and not to my sides because my abs aren't strong enough to do the work without arching my back otherwise.

Fate, protein bars aren't the only thing that will do it. I learned that the hard way because I kind of hate eating meat. It just really doesn't taste very good to me. I've pretty much sworn off chicken now because I've eaten so much of it that it's been disgusting me just to have it in my mouth. However, I really enjoy tuna, and I can still tolerate turkey. Honestly, protein bars are great as maybe a one-meal replacement and a good pre-workout snack ((eating one about half an hour to an hour before a work-out will give your body the energy and nutrients it needs for the effort)), but if that's the only protein you're getting in a day, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Wow, that sucks that you can't even eat chicken anymore, Kathryn. It's kind of neat hearing you say that though, since I'm exactly the same way. I am NOT a big meat eater at all. I only like chicken and fish (cooked or uncooked, like sushi).

I actually don't like eating many carbs if I can avoid it, so I try to eat mostly just protein. So, I'll typically eat something bigger for lunch that consists mostly of protein and then have a protein bar for dinner. I have it wired in my brain now to be afraid of carbs, so I do favor protein to eat.

_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Yea, something like that, Kathryn. I remember the first time I tried to do it after the c-section, I couldn't even do it. Lol. It took a long time to even be able to lift my legs!

I don't eat much meat either. Red meat is usually ground or shredded, and every once in a while I eat some poultry. I've been forcing myself to eat more beans and chickpeas and nuts to supplement protein. But the best thing to do is eat small and frequently, not one large meal a day. It forces your body to store fat, which is what you don't want.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Fate, yeah. Everyone has different eating habits. I eat several small meals throughout the day because I feel better and more energized, and I eat less by doing that, but people should eat as often as works for them. The reason I started eating small meals throughout the day ((I usually get like... four or five, but I try to aim for six)) is because I was told it keeps the metabolism going rather than giving it time to rest. Plus, by eating that way, I never feel really hungry, so I'm not tempted to overeat.

You shouldn't be afraid of carbs. Ideally, people should be eating so that they have more protein than anything, then have a decent amount of carbs with a bit of healthy fat, and they can pretty much eat as many veggies as they want as long as they're not slathering them in dressing or something. Whole grains are really the key to healthy carbs. I usually have a slice or two of 100% whole wheat bread to go with what I'm eating. Carbs are important when working out, too, not just protein.

I love fish. It's freaking delicious, and there are so many varieties that I have no trouble getting my protein that way ((and from eggs)). Birds and seafood are how I roll. I think if I could find a tastier way to healthily prepare chicken, I could totally eat that again.

Ryona, yeah. Those things are hard for me, too, but that's because my abs need more work.

I stopped eating red meat a long time ago because I'm not a fan of the taste, but now I can't eat it at all because it gives me stomach cramps. I'd have to ween myself back onto it, and it's not worth it because I don't like the flavor.

I think that if there's only one large meal, then yeah... the body will be tempted to store the fat because it'll know that it won't be getting enough later, but I think having maybe three medium sized meals a day - with a couple of snacks between those meals - would be good for keeping the body from doing that.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh yea, I agree, three meals and a couple of snacks is perfect.

I was the way you are, and I still don't really like the taste of it. However, my grandparents are friggen carnivores, and I had to learn to eat it in small quantities or not eat it at all. I would switch between these two strategies depending on how much my tummy could take it Smile

Of course, my grandma is the type of person that would have cooked me up some chicken or something on the side, but she is buying and cooking the food, and I felt obligated to eat it. Asking for something else would have been rude in my opinion. Others of the household were not so kind as me, lol.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Ideally, people should be eating so that they have more protein than anything, then have a decent amount of carbs with a bit of healthy fat, and they can pretty much eat as many veggies as they want as long as they're not slathering them in dressing or something. Whole grains are really the key to healthy carbs. I usually have a slice or two of 100% whole wheat bread to go with what I'm eating. Carbs are important when working out, too, not just protein.
Thanks for this info!

Alright, so this is a little embarrassing, but since we're on the topic and since Axiom and I got invited to go swimming tonight, I'm going to show you what I've been talking about. You guys seem more knowledgeable about all this, what with Kathryn having a personal trainer and poor Ryona with her post-pregnancy belly.

If you could look at my stomach and see where the problem area is, then maybe I could get some help figuring out which exercise would be best for me to loose that belly, because I can't seem to figure it out. Also, you might be able to see the weird shadow on my stomach that I now seem to have where muscle seems to be forming. It's hard to see it in pictures, so it may not be noticeable to you, but you guys may also be aware of where muscles form and thus can recognize the area. (Please don't mind Axiom's messy basement. It got kinda full when I moved in! Also, definitely didn't do my hair and makeup, since I am going swimming, so just disregard the bleh-ness.)

Spoiler:





_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Ah, well my tummy always has that bump too. It's natural for women to store fats in our stomachs because we are built to sustain not only ourselves but a child as well (pregnancy and breastfeeding). Honestly I think you notice the bump on yourself because you are very skinny, not because you need to loose weight. What I mean is, someone 25 lb heavier than you will wear their bump more naturally. Some women carry their excess fat elsewhere (love handles, thighs, buttocks), but you and I were blessed with that bit of belly fat. I'm sure there is a way to be rid of it, obviously celebrities do it. But I'm not sure if you need to be rid of it. You look natural.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Fate, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but I think you have a beautiful abdomen. Personally, I think women look better with that bump when it isn't verging into the territory of a pooch like mine. XD

Anyway, I think it looks a bit strange when women don't have that bump, and like Ryona said, it's natural for the body to have it. I think that's probably why I think it's more visually appealing.

I can kind of see the definition that you're getting in the third picture ((the first two are just too bright)), and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, either. I think it looks really good. I think as long as you avoid getting a six pack, you'll be okay though getting a six pack is apparently crazy hard for women due to the fat their body naturally stores. Men apparently have to be less than 6% body fat to have one, too, and it's just... insane. I don't think it's worth it for either sex.

Sometimes, once a person reaches a certain body shape, it stays that way no matter how much you switch it up. Getting yourself out of a plateau will likely just cause you to define your muscles more than get rid of the bump. I'm sorry you don't like it because I think it looks better than a flat stomach would, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me. However, I also understand that no matter how outside influences feel about something, you're to one who has to come to terms with it and decide if you're going to be content with what you have over what you want to have but may not physically be able to achieve.

It's sort of like how I really want cleavage, but unless I become overweight or get breast implants, it's never going to happen because my bone structure just will not permit it with the size my breasts are now; even pushup bras can't change that. Sometimes, the way our bodies store fat just can't be changed no matter how much we wish to alter it.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Ryona Noel wrote:Ah, well my tummy always has that bump too. It's natural for women to store fats in our stomachs because we are built to sustain not only ourselves but a child as well (pregnancy and breastfeeding). Honestly I think you notice the bump on yourself because you are very skinny, not because you need to loose weight. What I mean is, someone 25 lb heavier than you will wear their bump more naturally. Some women carry their excess fat elsewhere (love handles, thighs, buttocks), but you and I were blessed with that bit of belly fat. I'm sure there is a way to be rid of it, obviously celebrities do it. But I'm not sure if you need to be rid of it. You look natural.
Oh, is that so? I guess that does make a lot of sense, that women store some fat in their stomachs because they're someday supposed to have a child or children. It is unfortunate that I can't carry that fat elsewhere (I really wouldn't mind having a bigger booty or bigger hips). If there is a way to get rid of it though, hopefully I can find out.

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Fate, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but I think you have a beautiful abdomen. Personally, I think women look better with that bump when it isn't verging into the territory of a pooch like mine. XD

Anyway, I think it looks a bit strange when women don't have that bump, and like Ryona said, it's natural for the body to have it. I think that's probably why I think it's more visually appealing.

I can kind of see the definition that you're getting in the third picture ((the first two are just too bright)), and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, either. I think it looks really good. I think as long as you avoid getting a six pack, you'll be okay though getting a six pack is apparently crazy hard for women due to the fat their body naturally stores. Men apparently have to be less than 6% body fat to have one, too, and it's just... insane. I don't think it's worth it for either sex.

Sometimes, once a person reaches a certain body shape, it stays that way no matter how much you switch it up. Getting yourself out of a plateau will likely just cause you to define your muscles more than get rid of the bump. I'm sorry you don't like it because I think it looks better than a flat stomach would, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me. However, I also understand that no matter how outside influences feel about something, you're to one who has to come to terms with it and decide if you're going to be content with what you have over what you want to have but may not physically be able to achieve.

It's sort of like how I really want cleavage, but unless I become overweight or get breast implants, it's never going to happen because my bone structure just will not permit it with the size my breasts are now; even pushup bras can't change that. Sometimes, the way our bodies store fat just can't be changed no matter how much we wish to alter it.
You know how you're just so used to seeing the bellies of celebrities on TV, and somehow they always manage to have super flat stomachs? I'm not sure how they do it, because my stomach has never been like that in my life, but that's what I've been striving for.

That is really sweet of you to say though, and I am glad that you at least prefer that sort of natural look. <3 It is hard for my to accept, since for some reason I find really flat stomachs on girls attractive, so regardless of how other people may feel, I still have my own preferences, especially when it comes to myself.

I definitely wouldn't ever want a muscley build or a six pack (I know there are some women body builders out there, but I personally don't find that attractive on women), so that's good to know at least that it's harder for women to get that kind of muscle definition.

Also, what you said about cleavage is exactly how I feel too! I would love to have it, but I'm not willing to gain weight or get implants. (Even when I did weigh more, I never gained any fat in that region, and when I lost weight again -- going back down to what I'm at now -- I even managed to lose some prominence there. >.<) Push up bras don't work for me either, so at least if nothing else, we're in the same boat. High Five Laughing Guess you just can't change some things about yourself, like that.

_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Fate, if you want, you can have some of my booty. I've got enough to go around. XD

Yeah. I understand what you mean. It's like... if you look at Nina Dobrev who plays Elena in The Vampire Diaries, she has a really flat stomach and an extremely tiny waist. I wouldn't mind having her waist, but I wouldn't want my stomach as flat as hers. However, I'll never have a waist like that even if I did get a stomach as flat as hers. When I lose weight, I go from being pear-shaped ((larger bum/hips)) to rectangular ((having measurements of hips, waist, and bust all within two inches of each other)). I'll never be an hourglass or have a tiny waist.

I don't understand how female body builders can enjoy having bodies like that. Actually, I don't understand how male body builders like it, either. First of all, it's not uncommon for female body builders to start growing facial hair and body hair where it would definitely be unwanted because having muscles like that causes them to produce more testosterone than is natural for a woman. Second, anyone who body builds is unhealthy because the human skeleton isn't made to carry that much weight whether it be from fat or from muscle. That's why they lose their bulk during the off-season when they're not competing, but I don't understand why they'd want it at all. It's not attractive on either sex.

For me to have cleavage, I would have to become like... really obese. Ever since I went from an A cup to a B cup when I was twelve or thirteen, I haven't change cup sizes. The only thing that has ever changed about my bra size when I've gained or lost weight is the number size. I've been anywhere from B 32 to B 38, but I've never been big enough for a C cup even when I was in the 38 B size, and I've never gotten small enough for an A cup since I was a preteen, and I've been anywhere from 126lbs to 148lbs since I was thirteen.

It's actually really weird because anyone else to whom I've spoken has had a cup size change when their weight fluctuates whereas I haven't. However, I'm really pleased with myself because yesterday, I realized that I need to go with the middle hook ((you know how bras generally have three hooks at the back to change the tightness of it)) rather than just going with the last hook like I've had to do for the last year or two. It means I'm losing fat around my back and sides. ^^_^^

Even if I'll never have cleavage, I do like the nice swell that push-up bras and corsets give to my breasts, though. XD

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Haha. Or getting pregnant. My breasts went "VA VOOM!" Sadly...it didn't stay...

I had a lot of trouble with body image when I was younger. I was very scared that I was going to get much larger after I had the baby (after all, I gained 35 lbs and only lost 17 of it when he was born). Honestly, I thought I was going to keep a lot of baby weight, and with Silvone being the microman that he is, I was really embarassed about it. Even though my body isn't where unrealistic media says it should be, I'm settled in what I've attained...its more than I thought I was going to be able to achieve.

So maybe it just takes losing that ideal image to realize how ideal it really was...lol. And like you said, Kathryn, all bodies are different. I can't get the curvy hourglass thing either. It's more like a pear Wink

Edit: Here's a preggo picture to share with the embarrassment XD


Last edited by Ryona Noel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Sólrökr on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Unrealistic media is unrealistic.

I'm eating. Hotdogs. It is good. Suppose I'm getting ready to post soon too.
avatar
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Join date : 2011-08-26
Male

Posts : 142
Age : 30
Location : California


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Sólrökr wrote:Unrealistic media is unrealistic.

Well said! Wink It's time to stop comparing ourselves to airbrushing, bulemia, and plastic surgery.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Ryona, Yeah... I don't really see getting pregnant as an option, either. I mean, it's fine for some women, but I don't want children. To me, they're not worth it. I'll let other women take that responsibility and enjoy it.

When my grandma was pregnant with my mom, her breasts upgraded two cup sized, and when her milk dried up after breast feeding, she only downgraded one cup size, so her breasts were one cup size bigger than before her pregnancy. XD

You have a great body, Ryona! Honestly, if you were thinner before you had Taeo, I imagine you may have appeared to be too skinny. I think you look great as you are.

When I was in high school, I had a friend who weighed under one hundred pounds, and when she got pregnant, everyone told her she looked amazing in the beginning because she was putting on more weight. After the baby, she weighed about 105lbs to 110lbs, and she seriously looked way healthier and prettier and better overall for the weight she gained.

Sólrökr, I agree! I kind of hate hot dogs, though... I guess turkey dogs are okay!


I am currently about to read the first chapter of The Great Gatsby for the FoG Book Club because I can only have the book for three weeks ((stupid library rules!)), so I have to read it a bit early. After I read that chapter, I'm going to write about my thoughts concerning it in Word. Then I'll work on my post for Bram.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm

I was more or less the same size. A bit flatter belly, a bit...um, less abused breasts. No bags under the eyes, no battle scar across my abdomen Wink

My mom and grandma both went up a cup size after childbirth, so I bought several C bras expecting the same outcome...didn't happen for some reason.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Blackrock on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Daaaamn, reading the last few posts I really had to ask myself if this was a conversation I wanted to join, my sense of giving out advise got the better of me though. Very Happy

So yeah, if it comes to abdominals, man or woman it doesn't matter, that area is really quite tricky to work. The only thing harder for me would have to be calves, but that's more of a personal issue. The thing with abs is that the whole muscle group adapts to exercises quite quickly, so it really won't be much of a problem to go from 10 to 100 in the span of a month or so (depending on how hard you work, of course). Sadly, that hardly does anything. As Kathryn mentioned above, the point is to do short reps of varied exercises (3 or 4) with no rest between them. Once you finish the first "set" (in this case, that would be all the exercises) you give yourself a short break and start again (I give myself 30 to 45 seconds). Repeat it at least 3 times.

That's the way to get definition, you really have to stress those muscles. Of course, that's only half the story - no matter how strong your abs become, you really have to get rid of the fat in the area if you want them to show. I'm no expert on this definitely, but some serious diets and cardiovascular activities (cycling, jogging, etc) will be required. That's why I haven't ever bothered to go for that awesome six pack so many young men my age seem to want, I just can't be assed to put enough effort, so I just make sure I have core strength, if not definition.

Leg raises are the way to go, if you want to work the lower abs - where the "bump" usually is - they are a pain, but very effective as well. Bicycle Crunches are also very useful for working the entire muscle group - they even work the obliques (where the "love handles" are).

And yeah I agree, we shouldn't become slaves to the celebrity icons and their perfectly shaped bodies (many of which undergo some serious Photoshopping first) - for me, as long as a guy/gal does put some sort of effort and keeps in shape, everything's fine. Smile


As for the topic, I'm currently wondering if I should sit down and work on my RP projects or just go and start reading A Dance With Dragons, the newest gem from George Martin instead. scratch

avatar
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Join date : 2009-12-13
Male

Posts : 619
Age : 25
Location : Sofia, Bulgaria


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Well that's easy. GO read your damn book! Smile I would love to start that series. I WILL. Someday.

I'm...in chatbox. Woot. That is what I am doing.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Fate Flyer on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:59 pm

I just said goodbye to my parents and brother. They're off to live in New Mexico now. It was really sad seeing them go, and it still hasn't fully sunk in that I won't see them for a long time. I'll really miss them all. Sad

Now I'm packing to head over to Axiom's friend's house tonight to watch their dogs until Sunday.

_________________
-Tryne



"The enlightened shall rule the world. With vast knowledge, immense power, and manipulative control, we spread our influence and empire from unseen in the shadows, and yet in plain sight. We are the Illuminati." -Rynn Reaver, AKA 'Tryne'
avatar
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Join date : 2009-05-12
Female

Posts : 4525
Age : 31
Location : Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth, USA, Illinois


http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Kathryn Lacey on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm sorry that it was so hard to see them go. I'm sure you'll be able to visit each other sometimes. Not only that, but there are telephones, snail mail, email, and video calls to help keep in touch with them, too!

Yay for dogs! We'll miss you, but we'll hold down the fort!

I am currently on the computer... not picking up the house the way I want to do or washing the towels the way I want to do because the internet eats my ambition. >.>;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-05-28
Female

Posts : 6968

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Gadreille on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Haha, I know how that is. Internet can get in the way of ANYTHING!

My friend came over last night, and we were reminiscing Jr. High. I started to look people up on facebook this morning, just to see if I could find them...a kid two years younger than me that I used to ride the bus with was stabbed and killed at a party last year. I feel really bad for his mom, and that his life was cut short. I remember what a bright and fun kid he was. I also feel bad that I just realized that he is gone, almost a year later.
avatar
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Join date : 2009-07-26
Female

Posts : 5276

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you doing?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum