FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Rings Interest Check [Closed]

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lord of the Rings Interest Check [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Interest Check [Closed]

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 am

I really like the names Orthad Rohirrim and The Oath of Eorl, but that's just my personal take. Have fun in class, Blackrock! I get to go do that shortly and then teach undergraduate biology labs for non-majors for 6 hours! YAAAAAY!!!!! (*weeps in the background*)
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Interest Check [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Interest Check [Closed]

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 pm

OOC is up! Everyone may post their own character sheets.

Still haven't decided upon whether or not to do easterlings. Silvone and I somewhat liked the idea, but I haven't had time to make a character or even discuss the possiblity with the rest of you. Perhaps after we get this started we can think about it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Also, if anyone wants to write a pumped up intro for our OOC, you can revise mine. I just wanted something there besides our reference info Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Should we all be part of an easterling squad? Just for the fun of RPing together and also filling in some lore about Easterlings? And watching our characters die horribly at the hands of our OTHER characters? Twisted Evil

We could be totally cliché and go for a Five Man Band?
Silvone can be The Hero/Lead Singer -- leader
Ryona can be The Lancer/Lead Guitar -- second, and contrast to the leader
Kalon can be The Smart Guy/Keyboardist -- weaker but more intelligent
Blackrock can be The Big Guy/Drummer -- the strongman
and Silvan can be The Chick/Medic/Vocalist -- the peacekeeper or glue of the group
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm going to make this be a unanimous decision. If everyone is for it, we'll do it. But if any of us is a bit leery on tackling two characters, we'll either drop it or leave it up to those who wish to do it, depending on the opinion of the group. I understand this role play is quite a challenge, even with one character. But I don't want to push to far if all players aren't ready for it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Sounds good. I'm fine either way. Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Also, so everyone can have my professional opinion (the emphasis on professional meaning intense sarcasm)...

The thought of making an easterling character is exciting but also worrying. Finding the time to research the easterlings more extensively, create a character, and then actively make storylines for both Aethylwyn and this new character seems a bit daunting. On the flip side though, it would make an amazing never before told story.

So I am, as Kalon said, fine either way.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm

And posted my CS finally, sorry for taking so long. And sorry for the low quality of the whole thing, I just went all over the place. I'm sure I could have summed it up a bit, but I generally suck at characters' backstories and what not. I get more into the whole deal after the RP starts, that way I'm completely IC, while in the character sheets I always feel like I'm trying to find a nice balance of IC and OOC perspective. Which makes the whole deal confusing! Razz

As for an Easterling group....I dunno. I'm not sure what to think about it, truth be told. If we have to be honest with ourselves, Tolkien never really much cared for the evil people in Middle-Earth. Yeah, he explained both Dark Lords well enough (Morgoth and, later, Sauron), he explained the orcs somewhat and we have tidbits of information regarding the Easterlings...but is it enough to work with? We have the general idea, I guess, so with our imagination (and we all have plenty of that) and no small amount of improvising, we could pull off something. It just depends on where we want to take this....and if we risk it shifting the focus off our "main" characters.

And a crazy idea, if you wan to take it up a notch. Apart from our elven maiden, we basically have a group of Gondorians and a group of Rohirrim (or Eotheod if you so prefer), right? So if we mirror that...we could have one part of us as, say, Balchoth and the other part as....wait for it....ORCS. I told you it was crazy, but if we really want to go with this whole idea, I don't see why not. Back when I played Lord of the Rings Online (it was known as Middle-Earth Online during development), I participated in some orc RP and well...it was strange, but fun.

Again, it just depends on how in-depth we want to go with this.

PS. I wasn't sure if I had the right to stain the OOC thread with my blabbering just yet. So I posted here, in the interest check, do we use this thread or let it die and move on to the OOC proper?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:10 pm

(it was known as Middle-Earth Online during development)
Yaaaaay! Glomp
MEO-era buddies! High Five

Honestly, I'd be fine with orcs too. ^^ Do orcs participate in this battle, or was it just the Easterlings?
If we do doing 2 orcs, 2 easterlings, and 1 elf, I could supply a version of my avari. ^^

I dunno, maybe it would be too much work...
But then again it might be nice to see the other side, kinda like how Frodo and Sam got caught up with the orcs in Mordor.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Do orcs participate in this battle, or was it just the Easterlings?

Somebody hasn't read all of the supplemental information yet Wink
The answer is, yes, orcs participate. It is unknown whether they were commanded to or did so of their own free will, but they came out from the Misty Mountains to attack the trapped northern army from the rear as the Balcoth pushed them into the Undeeps.

I really wouldn't mind playing an Orc, to be honest. But with my idea for an Easterling, I had every intention of just creating a culture based off of what we already know. But Blackrock makes a good point; we risk taking the focus off of our main characters. Unless we put a limit on the amount of posts for the side characters, or only allow posts from them at certain intervals in the story. I don't know...just thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Ohhhh, I had mixed up the Balchoth and the Wainriders. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 pm

The balchoth are the easterlings, but there are also orcs at this particular battle.

I suppose we should hear from Silvan before we make an official decision on playing the "bad guys".

I guess I would like to keep discussion here until we start...just in case we post up five more characters...I'm kind of weird like that ;D
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Oh I know what you mean! xD Similarly, I can't stand risking clutter in an OOC thread if I'm hosting, so I end up making like five reserve posts sometimes. Laughing Just so all the important information doesn't have to be linked. If someone posted in between, I'd probably ask them to delete the post. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3