FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same

+4
Kathryn Lacey
Dio the Awesome
Loki
Fate Flyer
8 posters

Go down

Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same Empty Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am

Hi, guys. I miss being here and having the time to sit down in front of my computer to role-play and chat with you all.

A lot has been going on in my life lately, and I feel like I owe you guys a bit of an explanation. I won't go into all the details, since that's just not necessary (and it's all kind of personal, especially right now), but here's what I can tell you... My boyfriend Thomas and I, whom I live with in a condo in a suburb of Chicago, broke up back in December. There were a lot of things going on, and in short, it just seemed like neither of us was very happy or satisfied. We are stuck in this lease though until the last day in August, which is where the biggest problem comes in.

As a lot of you may remember, I used to have a fiance (Tony/onenitedrive/Axiom Awaits), whom I had dated for over 3 years. We broke up in December one year ago. It was pretty much exactly a year later that I first heard from him again. We've been talking everyday since. On New Years, I finally got to see him again, and things have been progressing. We are trying to take it slow, but we both hope to be dating again in the near future and are trying very hard to discuss and talk over all the problems that we had in the past and work through them and to be better now. Ironically enough, a lot of what was wrong with us before I couldn't understand back then, since I hadn't experienced enough to truly get what he was saying. Since dating Thomas, I have learned a lot, and that knowledge has helped me not only grow and to be better for future relationships, but to understand where Tony has been coming from.

The problem is, Tony lives back where I used to, in the Quad Cities, which is about two and a half hours away from where I am right now. I'm trying to see him on the weekends, though that leaves me with little free time, since I work full-time during the week and don't get home till after 10:00 at night. In addition, I have a lot of stress right now trying to figure out my future, since my dad will be retiring and moving away with my mom and brother to New Mexico as soon as the beginning of September, which would just be days after my lease ends here. I was hoping to move back to the Quad Cities to live with them after my lease ends in August, but that is seeming like it will be unlikely, since my family may not be living there anymore. That would mean that as soon as my lease ends, I need to not only have an apartment lined up in the QC to live in, but a source of income in the QC to pay for that apartment - all within weeks or days. So, my idea right now is to try and save up enough money at my surrent job in the suburbs of Chicago to be able to quit a month early before my lease ends, so that I can start looking for a job and place to live back home.

This probably all sounds confusing and like a headache to you guys, and that's actually more than I meant to go into, but maybe some of you understand now. It's also just hard for me to stay in this condo, since it's awkward being around my ex, so it's just a whole bad situation right now. Well, I hope that that clears some things up a bit, and I'm truly sorry for not being here as often, but I'm just never home. It's really hard right now.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same Empty Re: Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same

Post by Loki Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 pm

I know what it's like having several aspects of your life up in the air just waiting to see where things land. I'm in that situation regarding a career that I've spent years striving for only to be rejected at every turn. It is the furthest thing from a good experience in my mind.

Though we weren't needing an explanation, we do appreciate the update. I'm sure things will work out for you in the end, it's just a matter of forcing yourself through all the things that get in your way. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Sweat Drop

Rest assured that your loyal staff will continue keeping this place in working order in your absence. Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same Empty Re: Not so much leaving, but here & there all the same

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 pm

You have my understanding. Im sorry things aren't working out for you. if this lowly FoGger can do anything to make things less stressful, simply ask.

You have my axe.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Ahh, I miss New Mexico. No where else has good red chili. All I have to say is good luck, and hope it works out well this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Fate, I'm sorry that things in your life that are currently stressful, but I'm glad that there are some things in it that can make you happy and hopeful.

You may want to consider beginning your job hunt online before you quit working where you are now. That way, you'll not only have more time to search for a new source of income, you'll also be getting some money while you do it.

Good luck with all of your endeavors!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hking2389 Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am

It seems like you are very happy now. Life has good lessons in it. I just knew the eggs were better than the beacon for you. I am glad for you.

hking2389
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:23 am

Headache for you sounds more like it, Fate. I totally understand your situation, and I hope that things work out for the best for you.

I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you. Stay strong.

We're a patient lot here at FOG and I know that I can at least speak for myself in saying that I understand if you aren't around as much.

Best of luck, Fate!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 pm

I really appreciate the update, Fate, and please that you'll be in all of our thoughts and/or prayers as you're going through all of this. The staff is doing a great job keeping FoG in ship-shape, so take all the time you need. I really hope things work out regarding your relationship situation, and I would like to echo Kathryn's advice about starting your job hunt as soon as possible. The more time, the better in my opinion.

And now let me continue Dio's awesome LOTR reference: You have my bow. Archer
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:43 am

You have my sword! You have my sword! Warriror

I greatly appreciate the update, Fate. Smile It's always, always better to know than to wonder, even if the news isn't always positive. That way, we can be pulling for you and supporting you in a more accurate and specific capacity. Very Happy We're always here for you.

I hope things work out. Jobs can be hard to secure nowadays, so I wish you all the luck in the world, just in case. Smile The main thing is that you prioritize your decisions well, and it looks like you are, so I'm very happy for you, and I think it'll all be just fine, even if there are struggles along the way. Nod

Chin up and press onward! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down