FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conquered by his kiss (Lamenting_Quill and Hisoka)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Conquered by his kiss (Lamenting_Quill and Hisoka) - Page 2 Empty Re: Conquered by his kiss (Lamenting_Quill and Hisoka)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 am

" Your three days are up your ladyship. It is time for you to show me how the Orb of Oracles works."

Rowena nodded solemnly and stood up, refusing any help he may have offered to her; she didn't look to see if he did.
"Yes, I suppose the time has come" She murmured softly, reluctantly "The process as I am told is quite simple. I have never summoned the Great High Oracle myself, I was saving that for something very important should I desperately have a question I need answered"
Perhaps she should not have revealed that through her two questions might be able to be asked, but at this point she was too emotionally exhausted to argue and fight with him. She would give him hell later when she was feeling better.

She watched as the glass orb was placed upon the soft earth, the swirls of pink and pale blue light still dancing within. This was the moment that would decide what would happen to her, she wished it over quickly.
"Come forth wise one" Rowena murmured, her robin's egg blue eyes fixed upon the orb "Questions craving answers call you forth once more from your sleep, arise Great High Oracle"
Not even split seconds after Rowena had finished the simple incantation, from the orb came a brief blast of bright blue light. After it faded, there stood a robed man made entire of the blue light.

"Ask thy question?" He said to them "May thee whom requires me step forth"

Rowena was humbled by the presence of such a legendary oracle and said nothing, she merely casted her eyes down as she waited on Anorak and the knowledge of her fate to known to her.
If there truly was a goddess out there, Rowena sure did hope the blasted divine woman would be with her right now and protect her from an unsightly future.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Conquered by his kiss (Lamenting_Quill and Hisoka) - Page 2 Empty Re: Conquered by his kiss (Lamenting_Quill and Hisoka)

Post by Hisoka Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:10 am

That's it, you just have to ask the bloody thing to appear and open sesame it's done. I must admit I was expecting something something a little more along the lines of a complex spell or...well something more. He thought with a questioning rise to his eyebrows as the being inhabiting the Orb of Oracles appeared before him.

Crafted of a robed blue light he seemed out of place in the middle of graveyard but poetic imagery aside Anorak desired not to waste his one question with gawking or inner thoughts.

Stepping up to the High Oracle the Emperor of a thousand kingdoms stared at the key to the answer that had been haunting him since first his empire had been forged. The question one even an immortal elf could not escape, for all men fear the unknown.

" I am Anorak and it is I who seek an answer High Oracle." He spoke, his voice holding all his authority, all his cruelty, all his cold heart he put into that simple introduction. It was his nature revealed through tone of voice, the wolf was in full control here.

"Then speak your question Emperor of a thousand questions and son of the desert." The High Oracle of the orb replied with the calmness only infinite knowledge could bestow.

" What purpose will my life serve?" Anorak answered, the simple question all men ask of themselves at some point in their life.

As the words left his mouth a vision seemed to fill the area around them, a omnipotent scene of the world itself. His men at the very least saw for the gripped their lances and shields more tightly looking at their leader for guidance. But for first time in his life Anorak was truly spellbound. The vision showed his banner flying above every nation in the world. Countries he didn't even knew existed seemed to answer to his beck and call.

"You will indeed come to rule the world in it's entirety Anorak. Every King,Prince, and lord will bend their proud knees to you Conqueror. Your fellow slave soldiers of the now dead Desert Empire, you included shall become legends." The High Oracle spoke once more in that calm voice.

The vision then dissolved to show a man sitting upon a throne crafted of a single prefect diamond. The man stood up to reveal a version of himself, but his features were more rugged then Anorak's but it was plain this man clad in a Emperor's plate armor was at least of Anorak's blood. Elven blood flowed through this man's blood but so to did human blood.

" Your son, born of a union between elf and human. A half breed He will take the throne after you die in battle against a rebel faction. He will shape your Empire into a even more glorious power. Under him true and everlasting peace will be forged. Wealth, Happiness,and joy will be his legacy. The people will call him Blessed. But only he will remember your face with any joy."

The vision shifted to show his supposed son riding a white stallion of impeccable breeding while around him stood crowds of cheering people. Smiles were on everyone's faces, laughter filled the area.

" That is the purpose your blood soaked life will serve Anorak. Upon the corpses of your campaigns your son will build a brighter future. But history will not remember you kindly Emperor." The High Oracle finished with as the vision faded.

Anorak, still in silence watch dumbly as the spirit of the orb disappeared. He then looked at Rowena, but only empty eyes rest upon her body. No wolf's fury or earthly desire filled those feral eyes. Quickly as it came though it was over and the cold steel of his nature once more took over.

"So it will take the actions of my unborn son to make this world remember my name with any gratitude. Then so be it, if I must bear the burden of uniting this world through blood,steel, and fire I will. If corpses are what He needs to build his everlasting peace I will give him a world full of them." He promised to himself, his words loud enough for all to hear.

Dismissing the guards with a single wave of his hands he once more stared at Rowena, this time with something similar to desire but there was something else in there as well. The touch of fate was still clear in his slightly shaking hands." So Rowena I see now why this power was never used. To think I endured a slave's life, a soldiers nightmares, and a Conquerors troubles. Ten thousand battles I've fought and mere words and pictures have me shaking like a weak willed woman..."

He simply stared at his prize, his only prize now that his question had been answered. She was beautiful beyond compare, her hair the color of a crimson sunset, her eyes azure pools, her skin like woven silk. She was enough to make a man fall in love with her body alone. Had the Emperor believed in love he might have fallen for her as well. But his dark heart was incapable of such things even if his elven soul was capable.

Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:56 pm

" So Rowena I see now why this power was never used. To think I endured a slave's life, a soldiers nightmares, and a Conquerors troubles. Ten thousand battles I've fought and mere words and pictures have me shaking like a weak willed woman..." 

“I'm sorry for the life you have lived, it would have not been as such if you were born in Prismalis. My father would have never allowed that, thats why he was killed by our enemies... the good hearts are always struck down sadly... that's a big reason I was whisked away from Prismalis when you attacked. So I would not suffer my parent's fate, so I could actually return to my people alive” Rowena began, trying to remain calm after the whole thing with the oracle; she needed a clear head.
Rowena moved to bend down and picked up the orb, returning back to it's silken wrapping “I do hope you have luck finding the woman to be your wife and give you that son you want. May you learn love with that woman”
She turned then to head back towards the doors leading back inside on the far side of the grounds where the ladies maids that were assigned to her awaited her return to them, it was near time for them to prepare her for dinner and then bed. It was a little disconcerting when Anorak would come to her chambers eventually and just sit in there, watching her as she slept; sometimes even coming to touch her face thinking she did not know.

One might say that Anorak was forming an obsession with her and that frightened Rowena, Anorak was a dangerous man and swift in his retribution. She prayed another woman might catch his eyes and he would marry her, forgetting his infatuation with Rowena. Though as her prayers often seemed to fall upon deaf ears, what was the point of hoping for that?
She had always dreamed of being a happy bride, looking upon her bridegroom with love and adoration. Rowena wanted to have devotion and happiness with her future husband, but until Anorak found interest with a woman other than her... Rowena would never be able to have any other man showing her amorous attention with the poor man ending up dead by Anorak's sword as the desert emperor viewed Rowena as 'his'.
Hoping Anorak was not right on her heels as he often seemed to be, Rowena met up with her ladies maids and announced to them that she was ready to bath and prepare for the ending of her day, she curtseyed to her and smiled almost in awe upon her. It made Rowena nervous that there might be rumors going around the Anorak's staff that she was to wed their emperor and they were now looking upon their future empress. Well, not if Rowena could help it.

The idea of wedding her conqueror was bad enough, but to think about going to bed with him and allowing him to sow his seed within her womb was much worse. It made her feel like she would be betraying her people, she feared watching her stomach grow with Anorak's child would make her people hate her.
“Come inside, Lady Rowena” One maid replied, moving to open the doors for the dethroned princess.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:35 pm

If Anorak had any desire to follow Rowena as she left the graveyard he did not act upon it. He had merely listened in silence to her words, still stunned somewhat by the revelation of his fate. He also watched dumbly as the princess took the orb with her, despite it no longer being hers, but such matters were not high in his mind at the moment.

A son, a half elven son. A child that will bear my legacy into the future. A Emperor that the people will hail as they mock my cold corpse... Anorak thought with a mixture of anger,disgust, and awe. Elves rarely thought of children, being immortal as they were. And in this regard Anorak was as elven as the rest of his race. Amongst elves children were seen as the ultimate pledge of love between husband and wife as children were rarely granted to the unions between elves. And unlike Anorak who had grown up hard and fast in a world of humans elven children were given 100 years before they were considered adults. That was a long time to be dedicated to a single cause.

The very idea he would commit this ultimate act of love, with a human no less, was repulsive to his dark heart. For it held no light, no warmth of love. Love was as unfamiliar to him as mercy was. Even if his elven soul was strong enough to overcome the shadows in his heart it showed no signs of doing so.

A soul rendering scream emitted from his throat, a harsh battle cry against the chains of fate that were being forged link by link around his body. He drew his scimitars, hacking wildly at the air at a unseen foe. His scream brought his elite core, where they watched in shocked silence as Anorak danced in all the magnificent skill a life time of war had given him. His blades whirled faster then the eye could follow, his steps quicker then the wind. Had there been an army facing him at that moment Anorak would have most likely slaughtered them.

Eventually whatever madness had taken hold of him passed. He stood breathing lightly, a sheen of sweat upon his body. He looked at his elite core, the brothers and sister with whom he had forged his empire. They were bound together in the slave's fate. Forever loyal to each other these former slave soldiers did not judge the madness Anorak had fallen into for those few moments.

" Anorak, the evening meal is ready." Shila said, ignoring the still naked blades his Emperor held in his hands. Shila was captain of a company of his elite core, a good man and the fourth to join his cause.

"I will be there shortly." Anorak replied sheathing his scimitars with a spinning motion. Sweeping his shadowskin cape so that it hung over his left shoulder the Emperor strolled out of the graveyard.

Shila and the 13 of his elite core followed behind him in a column their lances held in upright sentry's position, their tower shields to the side. Shila being an officer bore a short sword and a buckler to mark his rank. And so it was they entered the dining hall of the Palace, where gathered the nobles, wardens, and other various important people of this new province in his Empire.

At the head of the long table rested a throne like chair crafted of ebony, with golden arms and blood red fabric padding on the back and seat. As soon as Anorak sat down servants rushed to serve dinner, one pouring the Emperor a glass of water. For Anorak did not hold with drinking wine himself, having poisoned more then his fair share of enemies through their wine chalices. Even with the precaution of only drinking water his personal mage, yet another of his elite core cast magic designed to detect any toxins in the water. This mage was a High Elf,tall and slenderly built with ivory colored skin and imperious green eyes. Had he been born a free man the mage, named Kaian, would have been the Archmage of the Arcane University, a position that held much power, for it was reserved for only the most skilled of magi. But the Arcane University did not hold with slavery and so the Desert Empire trained Kaian under the Necromancer's guild, the only magical school that would train slaves.

"It is free of toxins, although somewhat rich in some minerals. The water will taste a tad tart but the minerals will do you good." Kaian spoke in a haughty voice, one that held a slight hollow echoing tone to it. He also didn't mention the minerals would be good for Anorak as he still was covered in a sheen of sweat. For Kaian like Shila was loyal to him, as all his elite core were. Kaian had been the third to join his cause.

Nodding his reply Anorak replied drank deeply of the glass, Kaian was right it did taste tart. Pouring himself another glass he slowly sipped of this one as dinner was served. Lightly supping on roasted boar and steamed greens covered in butter and salt he seemed lost in his thoughts.

What those thoughts were was anyone's guess but only Kaian, sitting as he did at Anorak's left hand, Majot being at his right hand, knew something of what they were. Majot and Kaian had been with Anorak the longest, from the very beginning when all three of them still wore the studded bronze collar. They knew something troubled him, but not what.

" Kaian, what are the odds of a union between a human and elf resulting in a child?" Anorak asked as he twriled his steamed greens around on the platinum plate they found themselves on. He had asked in a tone that was a studied neutral, but his hands restless betrayed the seriousness of the question.

" Truly Anorak very slim, our race is not blessed with the same fertility humans are. It is rare for even elven couples to convince children let alone human and elf pairings. It is possible but likely would required effort and many unions between the would be parents." Kaian answered as he sipped from a bitter green liquid out of a silver cup. What exactly was that green liquid was anyone's guess. Anorak did not care to know what a High Elf mage trained under a banner of Necromancy needed a bitter green liquid for. Although from the scent of it the Emperor was willing to wager five gold talents it was boiled down flesh of some kind mixed with some herb that colored it.

" I see, thank you Kaian." Anorak replied in a listless voice eating a few of his steamed greens.

Getting up from his throne like chair at the head of the dining table Anorak strode away, begging his leave from Kaian and Majot. The dining officials of this new province did not deign to notice his departure for he had given them much lee way in such matters, Anorak was never one to stand on formal etiquette.

Leaving the dining hall Anorak, sans guard, made his way through the marble halls of the palace towards Rowena's chambers. Where he knew the maids he had appointed to look after her would be making her ready for bed. A more courteous man might knock before entering but He was a conqueror not some powdered nobleman.

Opening the door with little regard Anorak entered Rowena's chambers where a maid saw him. Curtsying with a your liege the maid took him to where Rowena was within her chambers.The princess looked at him, no doubt thinking a number of things. The feeling was mutual, for Anorak was thinking of many things as well.

" I would have you leave us alone." Anorak spoke, his cold steel tone all the seemingly colder tonight. The maids knowing whom they answered to left the room with a by your leave in quite a hurry. The Emperor then regard Rowena, his feral eyes seeming to hold neither desire nor anger. What exactly they held was a mystery to all but him and Anorak wasn't in a mood to enlighten anyone. " I know what your thinking and you can stop worrying. You are mine and I will take you whenever I want, it could be tonight or it could be never. What I am not here to do is force a child upon you. There is no point, I will not have my child be the product of rape. If he is too unite our world in peace he can not have that sort of past weighing him down." And here the elf strode closer to where Rowena was, his footfalls uneven as if he was dredging something up from somewhere deep. " I want my son to have all the things I never had. I want him to know nothing but joy and happiness his entire life. I know what true pain is, I have felt my spirit crushed underneath the cruel whips of my former masters. I know what true anger is, I have felt myself consumed by it on the battlefield. I know what true sorrow is, I have felt the loss of my brothers and sisters in arms and cradled them as life left their bodies. These are things I do not want my son to know."

And as soon as that moment of vulnerability was over the cold mask he wore dropped once more, the dark heart beating in his chest conquering his elven soul." You may hate me, but you can not deny what was said. If my son is to unite the world in peace then he needs the power of my Empire to do so." Anorak spoke his feral eyes gleaming with the touch of fate. " We will never love each other it is true. For I know love to be a foolish emotion and your love is promised to a dead man. But we can live in harmony at the very least can we not?"

" I am tired of fighting, I am tired of the feel of blood on my hands. But I can not deny what I am and what I will become. My fate is a reaver's desire, a tyrant's excuse. History will mock me as a monster forgetting it was my Empire my son will use to bring peace. I can live with that and more. You may not believe it but I do care for this world of ours. Ask any of my other provinces and you will see the order and peace they live under. My son will bring them joy and happiness but I have brought wealth, order, and peace. I may have had to use the sword but I brought to them nonetheless. Judge me a monster if you will Rowena but you can not deny that, no matter how hard you try."
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:20 pm

As the maids departed the room and Anorak turned his attention upon her, he began to speak his mind until there seemed to be nothing left for him to say.
Rowena stared at him with uncertainty, Anorak had never been very kind to her and now it seemed he had presented her with a rather gruff but polite marriage proposal.
A sigh escaped the beautiful princess as she got up from her seat at her vanity, she strolled to the small balcony and stared out "What do you want me to say, Anorak? That I will marry you? Why would you assume that I am the ideal human female to give you a son?"

She didn't actually expect him to answer these questions for the answers were already known to her. Yes, he obviously expected her to marry him and he chose her because he desired her and it made things convenient for him.
Rowena did not bother to try and put up a big fight over the issue because she would lose in the end anyway, Anorak would have her eventually anyway as he said. At this least this way, Anorak taking her to his bed would not make her a whore of sorts.

"I doubt I have much choice here" She murmured without turning around, she knew he heard her "Like you said, I will be taken to your bed eventually anyway. I suppose marrying you would prevent my people from looking at me as your whore"
Who knew, maybe even their union could change some things with all of this; maybe she could influence a little bit of change towards some good.
"I would like to know one thing" Rowena added before he could comment on her words "You'd made it clear you want me intimately, but why do you want to me for marriage? I am sure you could find plenty of human women whom would fawn over you and do anything you said at the drop of a pin"

She turned then to look at him with the moonlight streaming in from the balcony and shining down upon her silken hair, her skin looked like the softest jasmine petals "So why me?"
It was something she needed to hear before she committed to anything she may regret later in the end, she needed to know just what exactly she was in his eyes.

Melisara, ladies maid to Lady Rowena and entered the Great Hall and sat down beside her new friend, Shila "The emperor sent us out for awhile, he wanted to see Lady Rowena. Is it true what is floating around, is the emperor going to wed Lady Rowena? Is it true?"
To be quite honest, Melisara liked Lady Rowena; the princess was kind and funny. She loved braiding the princess's long dark red hair into lovely plaits. The princess would sit with her and tell her all sorts of interesting folklore about Prismalis, it was nice.
"I think Lady Rowena would be a good empress, she is so very kind and so pretty too" Melisara added "I think maybe she would be good for the emperor too, when she can accept him anyway"
She was very young, yes; but Melisara knew a good person when she met one and Lady Rowena had a very beautiful heart.
Merlisara liked having a friend from whom she could learn loyalty and honor, though it was very nice for her to be able to be around such a kind and elegant lady, she hoped that when she was full grown that she could be so elegant and beautiful like Lady Rowena.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Anorak took in the words of Rowena in his accustomed silence, processing their meaning in his mind. He thought about them, devised points for and against his plans concerning the princess. The process was not made any easy by the touch of fate that still colored his thoughts.

So instead he abandon the insidious thinking and merely gazed upon Rowena as she lay bathed in moonlight, the silver color of it highlighting the crimson hair in it's silken nature. She had never looked any more desirable then at this moment, her question hanging unanswered upon the air. For Anorak did not know how to answer it, he was still trying to process the vision shown to him earlier in the graveyard.

" I have my concubines as any conqueror does. And they would be more then willing to bear my child as you say. I suppose I wanted you first as nothing more then another of my concubines. But fate has seen fit to reveal my purpose in life, through you and the orb." Anorak replied in a tone that betrayed the chaos his thoughts had become. " You have no idea what my life has been. I was born a slave Rowena, nothing of freedom did I know. I was told when to eat,when to sleep,what to do every moment of my life. And unlike you Rowena I did not have the luxury of sleep to escape my daily hell. You can not even begin to imagine the thousand brutalities a slave suffers. I was beaten when I failed my masters, I was tortured when I lost in the arena. I was forced to fight a thousand battles before I was younger then you are now. And if I cried or showed weakness I was tortured some more."

This story was one only known to his elite core, for they had lived through such a fate themselves. It was what bound them as eternal comrades. It shaped them as the cold and feral conquerors they had become. For they all thought as one,it had become their greatest strength.

“ Do you have any idea what is like to be a elven slave Rowena, to know you will wear a collar for the rest of time itself. I can still feel the chafing of that studded bronze collar even now. It is why slavery is outlawed in my Empire for I know what it is like to wear chains.”

Anorak then strode even closer to where his prize stood, bathed in silver moonlight. “ I thought I would go mad at times, at times I did. During battle I simply let that madness, all that hate and anger rise to the surface. It made me untouchable and invincible. I was only a youth by your race's standards when I was crowned Arena Champion. After that my contract changed hands, it really didn't matter to me. One master is as bad as the next in the homeland of my past.”

The Elven conqueror seemed lost in thoughts, reliving the days that shaped him into what he had become. The battles, the taste of the Arena's sand floor as he stood in front of another challenger. It was a past he recalled vividly, for it was one of cruelty and bloodshed. And by elven standards had only happened yesterday. For what was a decade or two to an immortal race.

“ Eventually though I grew tired of it, the madness came more often. The thought of spending eternity in such chains simply grew too much. So I planned, by Mithra I planned. They in their desire to make me the best they could had succeed in more ways then they could have ever foreseen. I gathered my allies, slaves like myself. Converted them to my cause, not that they needed much converting mind you. When I judged the moment ripe I and they rode forward. If you think the conquest of your kingdom was cruel you should have been there that day.”

Once more a few steps was taken closer to Rowena, and his gaze grew ever more intense upon her curvaceous frame. “ The streets of my homeland ran red with blood, we slaughtered those proud nobles that called themselves our masters. We killed them, we killed their children, we simply killed anything not wearing a studded bronze collar. When the blood shed was over hundreds of thousands of corpses lined the streets, hacked to pieces in our anger. I was elected their leader and I promised them fate would remember us. For in the southern tongue the name our masters called us by meant forgotten by fate.”

Once more Anorak seemed lost in thoughts, once more a few steps towards the princess was taken. Why he was telling her this was anyone's guess, even the elf did not know why truly. “ You know the rest, we rode forth and conquered kingdoms in their multitude. And now our name is whispered from the deepest south to the highest north. From the mysterious east to the gluttonous west we are feared. I have upheld my promise to my brothers and sisters in arms.”

Now Anorak stood little more then a short arms reach from Rowena, his gaze while hunger filled held something else, something even he did not know. Then the distance was covered til they stood little more then a hands breadth apart. “ I was allowed by fate to gain this power Rowena, I was guided here to learn my fate, and you for some reason were spared from both your own foolishness and my anger. Events have conspired to put us here and now in this room together. I and you know the child that will unite our world in peace must be of elven and human blood.” The elf whispered in that soft cold steel tone of three days ago as he drew her closer, pressing her body against his shoulder. “ You are not what I would have chosen if I was to marry either Rowena. But you can't deny fate.” He said softly once more into Rowena's ear, his tone still that of a frost covered sword.

“ I will not force you to bear my child Rowena, but neither will I let you go. You and that orb are mine.” Anorak spoke turning her head as he did so that they stared into each others eyes, He then brought his lips to mere millimeters above hers.

Shila stood outside Rowena's chamber having followed Anorak when he saw his Emperor leave the dining hall without his guard, which the lofty northern barbarian was captain of. But the closed door and exodus of the maids made him hesitate. Clearly the elf wished to be alone with Rowena, something he did not begrudge his long time friend. Some would fear unduly about their charge's safety all alone in a room with a former enemy. But Shila had long practice with Anorak's skills and knew that slip of a woman wouldn't pose a challenge to the Arena Champion.

And so he returned to the throne room to await the return of his Emperor. And as he stood next to the throne Shila noticed a girl, a young thing who attended Rowena on Anorak orders. She had for some reason grown attached to him, viewing the muscled barbarian as something of, well Shila still hadn't figured out that part out. He could use the lance and shield of the elite core he belonged to with deadly effect but he had never been all that smart and cunning. Frankly he found the girl as something of an annoyance but there was no need for anger. The battle had been over for nearly 4 and half days.

She asked him if the rumors were true, that Anorak sought Rowena's hand in marriage. Shila had heard of them for Anorak had done nothing to suppress free speech saying it was pointless. The girl, named Melisara prattled on about liking the thought of Rowena becoming the empress and liking her, and that she be good for him.

" I suppose she is beautiful enough to be his Empress but I certainly hope she doesn't change him too much. After all I would still be wearing a collar if it weren't for that elf. " Shila answered with a shrug, it was the kindest thing he think to reply with. His upbringing had not be flowers and sunshine after all and his life since had consisted of little more then battle upon battle.

" But I do agree Anorak needs a calming influence, the old madness is coming back I can see it in his eyes. So what have you been doing child besides repeating idle gossip."
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm

All instinct told Rowena to step back from the crazed emperor, but for some odd reason her body refused to move and her heart ached for his pain. Perhaps she was too soft, but it was too late to steel herself against him now.
She whimpered softly in confusion as his lips came lower and lower until the surprisingly soft lips melted against hers. She didn't know if it was stress or the desperate need to forget the past few days, but Rowena found herself allowing him to press her body flush against his own as the kiss began to very slowly grow in intensity.
There was attraction here for certain and powerful desire, it was not unheard of for love to eventually blossom from desire and infatuation. Rowena knew she should deny the desire and push him away, but her body screamed out in defiance and embraced the desert emperor's advances.

Her heart was pounding in her chest as she found her back pressed against a wall and she gasped, Anorak's tongue slipping between her lips to coax her own into an age old dance of passion. Never before had any man, not even Rafael, dared to touch her like this or make her feel such things; but she could not stop him, her limbs and her voice refused.
As a masculine hand drifted down her waist to her right hip and eventually her leg, she felt her knee lifted up over his hip; she moaned helplessly as she felt his lower regions pressed snug against her. It was clear he wanted her to see what he had to offer her as a man desiring a woman.

"Wait" Rowena managed after gaining some breath as his lips left hers to leave passionate kisses upon her throat and neck "Please wait, I want to ask you to do something for me... as a wedding present"
When she felt him pause, probably from shock at her near acceptance of becoming his wife; she continued "If I agree to marry you and allow you into my bed regularly... no more concubines... if you must seek a bed, let it be your wife's... yes?"
She waited then for his answer to this, it would determine everything for her in this decision, Rowena would not have the humiliation of her husband seeking another woman's bed when hers was available; she deserved that respect as a wife.

"I have mostly attended to Lady Rowena, but right now she is busy with the emperor; so I came down here to see if I could maybe coax another adventure story from you. Tell me again about the pirate bandits you defeated, you said there were like a hundred of them, right?" Merlisara said, resting her chin excitedly in her hands "And the captain kept a pet crocodile, right?"
Merlisara loved hearing about Shila's adventures on the sea and other places, it was way better than any of the books one could find in the library.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Anorak feeling Rowena's will to resist resolve pulled her deeper into his embrace till they were crushed together. Not even if an invasion had been underway would he have stopped, His army was more then capable of fighting without his presence. He trained them well and right now a lust greater then the call of battle commanded his every thought. His prize had truly become just that, she tasted of the sorrow, of the hate, of the anger, and the desperation to forget it all.

His dark heart drank it in as one would a fine wine, savoring every nuance. His elven soul rebelled at the pleasure his body found in that. But soon the sorrow,hate,anger, and even the desperation were forgotten. Their place taken by the earthly desire that had been burning in his veins the moment Anorak had laid eyes on the Princess. He could no more control himself then a wolf could when feeding on the fallen deer. He simply could not get enough of her body.

But words, their submission greater then that of her body stopped Him cold in his tracks. For they held the authority of fate itself, they had come to fork in the path. One that would lead to very different paths for both of them.

" If that is what you wish Rowena then so be it, I will send them away. You'd never see them again nor I to see them again either. " Anorak replied after long and sweet but excruciating pain filled moments had passed. And suddenly the crisis of fate had been passed, what this road would lead was anyone's guess but it had been chosen. Out of all the choices Anorak, Emperor of a thousand kingdoms, had at his fingertips he chose this one.

He then lifted the woman bodily and carried Rowena to her bed. Laying himself atop of her the Emperor passed the night in passion, finding her claims of virginity true.

Shila smiled, a swift ghost of the joy such things were suppose to be. His battle hardened heart knew nothing of the joy and excitement Merlisara found in his stories. And for that the former slave soldier envied the child. He had no time for the games she played even charged with the duty of maid to Rowena. His childhood was one of pain,blood,and battle.

She apparently wished a retelling of his first naval battle, a battle fought when he still wore the studded bronze collar. It had been his first taste of real combat and he had nearly pissed his pants because of that. But she did not knew that, painting as he did a child's fable out of the story.

" Yes child there where a hundred of them, their ship was massive, a real man-o-war. It had black sails and it's Captain kept a pet crocodile large enough to eat me whole." Shila answered using his hands to emphasis each mention of size and number.

Drawing his short sword he assumed a wide legged stance designed to keep on stable on the heaving deck of a ship. " We drew up alongside their ship, our vessel little more then a patrol frigate. And up went the boarding ropes and over the rails we went." Shila spoke pantomiming climbing up a rope. " We hit the deck and the pirates came at us in their massive horde. But we wouldn't be outdone so easily." Here Shila fenced with imaginary enemies, his short sword moving with surprising speed and grace given his large size. " It was heave ho and one-two and down the pirates went crying for their mothers. As for that crocodile I made him into a few pairs of fine boots." The lofty barbarian finished indicating the boots he wore, which were indeed of mottled dark green crocodile skin reinforced with black steel plating on shin and the top of the foot.

" And thus not a single pirate or crocodile has ever bothered me since child"
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:46 am

This night had carved Rowena's destiny forever the moment her picked her up and carried her to the bed, in that bed he claimed a prize he alone could claim.
Never had Rowena dreamed of gifting her virginity to the man whom would dethrone her and take her empire, but give it to him she did; she knew from the moment he pierced her hymen that Anorak would never ever let her go, the only question now was... did she want him to?
The question danced in her head as she drifted to sleep upon his chest after quite a few hours of white hot passion between the sheets

The sunlight poured in golden streams from the balcony to bath the entwined lovers in a gilded glow.
Rowena lay there held tightly against Anorak's bare chest, her robin's egg blue eyes gazing at the sunlight playing across the walls of the chamber; her mind deep in thought. She hoped she was doing the right thing by agreeing to marry Anorak and that their son truly would return joy to the blood soaked world, it was all Rowena could hope for at this point.
She knew Anorak desired her intensely, but she was not going to hold her breath on the possibility that he just might be able to love her someday or that she could love him.

Rafael's face danced through Rowena's memory and she felt a stab of guilt in her heart, but all she could do was push it away; There was more at stake than a lost relationship. She had to accept that Rafael was gone and no matter how hard or fiercely she hated Anorak for it, it would never bring Anorak back to life.
Soon Anorak would be her husband and her keeper in all legal terms, Rowena needed to remember her future husband's lack of tolerance for other men taking her attention; dead or not.

A knock upon the door caught Rowena's attention and she groaned, she knew it was Merlisara as usual coming to bring her breakfast; well here was to hoping she brought enough for two people.
She glanced at Anorak's blank face caught in meditation face and grimaced, she knew he'd be startled but not answering could lead to Merlisara alerting someone that something was wrong and then they'd have all sorts of soldiers witnessing this. No thank you.
"Just a moment, Merlisara" Rowena called out, attempting to ease out of her future husband's arms "I'll be there shortly"

Outside the door, Merlisara stood there with a breakfast tray and a confused look upon her youthful face "Um, of course Lady Rowena, sorry if I woke you"
"No, it's alright" Merlisara heard her lady call back "I just need a few moments"
"Very well, no rush" Merlisara replied, her eyebrows perking up a bit in her growing confusion; was Lady Rowena sick or something?
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 am

Anorak gazed upon Rowena as she slept against his chest, the sky was still dark though the elven conqueror knew it was not much longer to daylight. He envied the princess her ability to sleep, for his race did not sleep. They merely entered waking dreams where past, present, and sometimes future entwined. It was not the blissful blackness of human sleep and sometimes it drove him mad. For unlike a human Anorak could never forget the past, for every waking dream brought the wounds of his past to the surface. Anorak dealt with by becoming cold and dark hearted, his race dealt with it.....Only Mithra knew how, he had very little dealings with his fellow elves.

At least it give much time for reflection, something he sorely needed at the moment. Even by human standards what had happened was dizzyingly fast paced. Only a week ago he had been in his capital city of Valinor, the royal city of his homeland. Seated upon the throne of his former masters he had outlined his planned conquest. His legions vast had approved of it, his High Wardens going about the business of drafting troops from the provinces they were in charge of.

And now he lay upon the bed of Rowena, the sheets stained with the crimson proof of her claim to virginity. The Emperor had become a tool of fate, a future his dark heart rebelled at and his elven soul rejoiced in. But at least the Oracle had spoken of him ruling the entire world, he also spoke of his death. Anorak did not fear death, indeed sometimes he would have welcomed it. No matter the form it came in death would find the feral eyes of Anorak in smile and his blades ready.

With such thoughts consuming him the flow of time passed quickly,at least for an elf. And soon golden sunlight streamed down, revealing their entwined forms. With the light Rowena stirred, and looked at him.

No doubt it would seem Anorak was in deep sleep but he had closed his eyes in a effort to keep the present out of his waking dream, the reverie as it was known to his immortal race.

Upon feeling Rowena's attempt to ease herself out of his arms Anorak opened them,and gazed upon the beauty that was now wholly his. "I suppose it is time to be about the business of running my Empire, one can not dally forever in bed. Even with a woman like you." Anorak spoke, ignoring the discomfort upon her face as the maid Merlisara brought her Lady breakfast as per the usual mode of things.

Stretching with wanton abandon the lithe Elf lifted Rowena's arms off and strode on quiet feet to the nearby vanity. Gazing at his reflection as if in some sort of desire to notice any change. His feral eyes gleamed back at him, the sclera a pale yellow with the iris a deep orange bordering on red. The pupil the deepest shade of black and slitted like an animal's.

" What is your concern Rowena, the girl has to learn sometime. We elves may not need sleep like you humans do but even my immortal race needs breakfast. Unless you would prefer to eat alone, I am accustomed to eating in the dining hall if you wish to eat alone." Anorak spoke with a slight sardonic amusement as he tired in vain to tame his hair with his fingers. It was the one vanity he allowed himself, the long flowing hair of his elven nature. Unlike most elves though his hair was a shade of orange, similar to the color of his iris.

" I need a brush." He muttered to himself as the vainness of his fingers to tame his bed tossed hair became apparent. Deciding that battle was lost he bent to collect his clothing, which consist mostly of the leather armor and shadowskin cape he had been wearing last night.

Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:22 am

When Anorak got up from the bed, Rowena watched him with wide eyes as she drank in the sight of his naked form. She had too drunk with passion last night to notice much else other than the writhing of their bodies becoming one.
He was certainly well endowed in all ways, he was a smooth and virile warrior in and out of their bed... their bed... it seemed odd but natural all at once to think of it that way.
"I... I would not mind it if you remained to eat with me" Rowena replied shyly "You will soon be my husband, I should grow accustomed to spending time with you that doesn't involve guarding me"

It was the truth too, she would never be able to have even a somewhat harmonious marriage with Anorak if she could not accept his company. It certainly wouldn't look good to any children she gave birth to if she disliked their father's company, so she knew they had to find a way to get along and this was a start.
Rowena turned her gaze to the shock teenager and smiled apologetically "Sorry about this, Merlisara, the emperor and I could not contain ourselves after deciding to wed. You may go for now, my dear"

Merlisara nodded vigorously with a mystified look upon her face before she turned around and bustled out of the room to allow the affianced couple some privacy, this was huge news; there was to be a royal wedding after all!
Rowena watched the door shut and shook her head with a chuckle "I think Merlisara was not expecting this judging by that look"
She carefully climbed out of bed despite the ache in her lower regions and retrieved a peach colored silk robe before moving to the tray Merlisara left on her table beside the far window where the sunlight looked simply lovely "Shall we? it looks good"

Rowena sat down in one of the two chairs and gestured to the other one, though she chuckled bashfully at his state of dress, or rather lack of "You might like some pants first though I would imagine"
She turned her eyes out the window "After we are wed, will I still be watched like a prisoner, or shall I be allowed the freedom to move around as I please? I apologize if I cross subjects you wish not to discuss at this time"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:12 am

' It would not be the first time I walked around naked. Indeed I once fought a battle naked, my blades the only thing I held." Anorak replied to Rowena's comment upon his rather lacking state of dress. He had watched the maid leave, bursting with some sort of importance. No doubt this episode would soon be the talk of the province this former kingdom had become. His army would care little for it, for this was not the first woman he had bedded. The knowledge that he intended to marry Rowena might mystify Majot and Colonel Piker...and amuse Kira, she the hot blooded commandant of his Western knights.

Kira thankfully would be the easiest of his now former lovers to deal with. Long had she had her eye on Piker and Piker on her. The rest could be cowed into submission and his concubines would simply be dismissed from his service.

But all that was mere details Anorak reminded himself as garbed himself in his form fitted leather cuirass and leather faulds . For being an elf and a somewhat short one at that Anorak simply did not care for the weight of plate. Apparently his unborn son did though, judging from the vision. Shaking it from his mind he slipped on his leather cuff gauntlets. Throwing the shadowskin cape loosely over one shoulder his dress was complete, save for his sword belt. That detail taken of he sat down in the proffered seat.

He then carefully considered the question posed to him by his future empress. It was a fairly asked question all things considered. Her marrying him would elevate her standing from princess of a non-existent kingdom to something like a co-ruler of his Empire. " I suppose if you wish your guard to be dismissed it could be done. I do need those troops in the front lines. But if you truly desire the freedom you claim you will have to have responsibilities concurrent with your station as an Empress."

Here he took an apple from the breakfast tray and with small deft bites began to eat as he considered his next words. " You know my Empire is rather large and managing it is becoming something of a hassle. The only people I trust to be my High Wardens are the soldiers I marched out of the desert with. In other words the men and women who shared the burden of a slaves fate with me." The apple finished he moved on to a glass of water, slowly sipping it. " What is with this place and mineral water" He muttered to himself as the tart taste of the mineral water ran over his tongue.

Anorak then got up from his seat to strolled to the room's balcony which overlooked the city itself. The soldiery of Prismalis went about their daily duties as they had 4 and half days agao, only they wore his colors. Even from up here leaning against the railing the elf could see their anger. He'd bet 100 gold talents the Commander who had turned over the city was fuming in the barracks of the city's guard.

" You will like Valinor, it is a city with no walls that lies within the desert to the south, it is the place of my birth and childhood...though by elven standards I am still a child. I have made it my capital city" Anorak added with his accustomed cold steel tone, it seemed less a attitude and more simply how he was. " You will have quite awhile to think it over though. I have much here in Prismalis that still requires my attention and direct intervention. Trade negations, laws to write, charters to draft, and homes to rebuild. Let no man say conquering is all battles,pillaging, and ravishing virgin princesses."

His gaze then left the princess to look over the city of his newest conquest, the city itself had taken no damage as that battle had been won with words and threats. But the mixed reactions of the city folk left no doubt despite his best efforts a rebellion was still in the making. " I suppose your first duty as Empress though could be to calm your people down. I'd rather not have to slaughter rebels in the streets if it can be avoided. Mithra knows I was once a rebel myself." And here a small,cold laugh of an imperious nature left him. Anorak had been a sheep compared to the wolves he had rebelled against.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:10 pm

With a gentle sigh, Rowena stood from her chair and moved over to where Anorak stood by the balcony and place her hands on his shoulders; She caressed in a comforting motion "That is behind you now and very soon with progress, it will behind us all"
She knew that after everything this man had done to her that she should hate him until he drew his last breath, but she did not want to live her life in hate; Rowena wanted to be able to find some semblance of happiness in her life and accepting Anorak into it was the only way.

"Turn to look at me... husband?" Rowena murmured softly, using the last word tentatively but with no uncertainty "Embrace your bride and the future mother of your son?"
When he turned around, there was a clear look of shock upon his face; obviously in regards to the fact that she openly accepted in front of him the fact they were to be wed and have a baby together.
Somehow despite how most said that elves lacked the fertility of humans, Rowena had a strong suspicion that conceiving their child was not going to be that difficult though she could not explain why she suspected this. She just knew somehow.
"I want to be happy" Rowena explained before he could speak to her "I know Rafael would want me to be happy as well, regardless of with whom. I will do my very best to try and give you the love a wife should give to her husband and I will pray that someday you can come to love me as well. We both deserve happiness I think"

Very soon Rowena would be walking down the isle as the desert emperor's bride, she would live her life at his side ruling multiple kingdoms and raising their children.
That thought caught Rowena by surprise, she never imagined before that she and Anorak might have more than one child; Rowena envisioned a little girl with her dark red hair and her father's fascinating eyes.
It put butterflies in her stomach thinking about a baby of her and Anorak's making growing within her, though the butterflies did not bare black wings of foreboding; It was instead magical anticipation of her son and the thought of seeing his beautiful face smiling at her.

Unknown to Rowena or her future husband, one senior maid of the castle was not happy about a royal wedding or a halfbreed child resulting from it... her traitorous princess needed dealing with...
Annoura Whitslin had been with Princess Rowena's family for many years and the idea of her princess wedding the enemy willingly was of the ultimate betrayel and what was worse was that the chit had gone to bed with the bastard, the bitch could be pregnant even not; That was unacceptable.
"I know how to deal with you, princess" The elderly maid mumbled as she worked with foul smelling herbs in the empty cellar where no one would see "You will never push out any squealing halfbreed, I will make sure of that. No one has babies when they are dead..."
She chuckled to herself, Anorak's mages checked his food magically but no one did that for Rowena; that suited her plans perfectly for assassinating the backstabbing princess. Very soon Anorak would be short a bride...

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Anorak from his position leaning against the railings listened to Rowena's words in the silence he was accustomed to, though he did enjoy her hands upon his shoulders. But the concerns of running his Empire had taken over his carnal desire for now. And so he gazed over the city trying to fathom the best way to approach the problem it represented. He could kill rebels till the streets ran red with blood but that would only encourage them, he had seen such things countless times before. The elf knew more then anyone else that you could only whip a dog so many times before it turned on you and attacked.

The Elven conqueror was not deaf, despite what the conspirators thought. He knew the whispers they spoke to each in dark corners when they thought their conquerors were not around. No doubt there were enough plots going round the ears and minds of those inclined to such things. The most likely was an assassination attempt on his own life. A foolish plan for Kaian checked everything he had ate before it was ever served to him, and no assassin could compete with Anorak on any battle ground. Be it the dark of night or open combat. The next likely was a guerrilla style offense against their invaders. A more viable option as it was their country and they knew every rock and path by heart. That could prove troublesome but even guerrillas need to eat and starving them out was the only real option. Make the country side too dangerous to forage in, but leave traps disguised as chances to gain food and equipment.

But his plans to deal with the chance of rebellion were interrupted by Rowena wishing for Anorak look upon her. He was tempted to ignore her but the words concerning both her marital status and his unborn son caused him to turn around, unable to hide the shock on his face. Fate it seemed loved to remind him of that vision. Something he needed no reminding for the elf remembered everything, it was his race's curse.

Still he found some pleasure in it at least, for it was a clear cut sign of his victory in claiming Rowena for himself. And so he did as she asked and embraced her, inhaling in her scent. It bore no fear or hate, something his dark heart found disappointing but his elven soul rejoiced in. Running a hand through her red hair he kissed her lightly before releasing her, leaving her words about finding love in their relationship one day unanswered.

Despite the Oracle's vision Anorak held no illusions the conceiving of his son would be so clear cut as a single union. Though the thought held nothing but appeal for the deep desire he felt for Rowena physically. Still this woman would be his bride soon, she would sit next to him in the throne room of his capital. And through them both would be born the savior the Oracle had shown him.

Taking up the left hand of the princess Anorak laid it against the wound Rafael had inflicted upon his face in the anger of three days ago. The wound was healing cleanly but there would always be a pale scar upon his elven features. " When your hand touches me Rowena you become an open book. For we elves are empathic, able to read emotion and thoughts with touch. It is why my race rarely touches anyone. For such a thing is deeply personal ."

He did not add he was glad Rowena was not an elf, for it was implied. The story of his thoughts and emotions would destroy nearly anyone who read them. It was why Anorak had never taken an elven lover.

" You speak truly of your desire to find the small amount of happiness left to you.But never forget that he will need a world united under my banner to achieve the destiny we have been saddled with. My life still holds nothing but battles till I draw my last breath. Even my death will be in battle, you heard the Oracle. I am not afraid of that fact. You will probably never need to be either. For both I and our son will outlive you. Half elves share the immortality of their elven parent. But never forget it nonetheless." Anorak spoke in that cold, imperious tone only a Warlord could conjure to color their voice. " Immortal I and he will walk this world in eternal youth. "
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm

"I have not forgotten" Rowena replied softly, gazing down at the floor; her lips still warm from his kiss "I know we have many struggles ahead of in order to find our joy. As for you outliving me, perhaps that is best; then I do not have to endure the pain of being informed I am a widow and neither will I have to bury my child"
If she did come to love Anorak, the idea of anyone coming to her with the news of her husband's death did not sound at all appealing; no one wanted to lose a spouse, she wondered if Anorak would feel any pain if he lost her to the cruel grips of death too soon.

Well she knew that if Anorak could never bring himself to love her as a husband was meant to love his wife, then Rowena would at least have the love of her son.
That at least meant that she would not be completely alone in her life, she could raise her baby boy and give to him all the love she had within her that his father rejected; that was if he rejected her love at all in the end.

"The princess has always loved a cup of chamomile tea in the afternoons" Annoura cackled softly as she stirred the herbs she'd mixed into a sweetened tea cup of chamomile tea, there was more than enough honey and sugar to mask the taste of the herbs; the pretty twit would never see it coming.
Once upon a time Annoura had adored Princess Rowena as everyone else did, but when the little traitor decided to marry that monster... well, the girl had to go...
"Tea time" the old woman murmured menacingly as she placed the cup on a small silver tray and began her trek to the chambers of Princess Rowena.

As Rowena pulled her silver handled hairbrush through her long dark red hair one last time, she turned her head at the sound of a knock at her chamber door "Enter"
In came Annoura Whitslin, an elderly maid that had been with her family for many years since before she was born; the woman carried a tray of her favorite tea.
"Thought you might like some chamomile tea, my dear, I found some in the pantry" The old maid said, placing the tray down on the vanity desk.
Rowena smiled appreciatively and nodded "Yes, thank you very much"
After nodding and bobbing a small curtesy, Annoura turned and made her way to the door; a secret smirk aching to touch her wrinkled lips.
Picking the tea cup, Rowena began to bring it up to her lips...
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Anorak, elf that he was knew the few decades he'd spend with this human bride would be but a passing moment in the dusty and endless flow of time his kind were doomed to walk in. He also knew he was not capable of the love she so obviously wanted from him, desperate to cling to the only happiness she had left.

Anorak, despite himself identified with this desperation. He knew all too well how the cruelty of fate could cause the doubts and pain of dashed hopes. He truly did wish Rowena the happiness she sought, but Warlord that he was Anorak knew it would not come from his dark heart. Their son would be the only one that would be capable of the things his shadow strewn mind refused to even acknowledge. For the elf vowed that his son would lead a better life then had.

" And only he will remember your face with any joy."

The memory of the vision, fate refused to stop toying with him it seemed. Was it an omen that his marriage to Rowena would be as loveless Anorak knew it would be. It seemed that way, even now as he stared at his bride the taste of her lips still upon his he felt no real love. Desire there was in spades, but love there was not. His heart did nothing as the bards sung of. It kept beating steadily and evenly no fluttering or skipped beats. His knees were holding him up rather well and his head did not spin.

She is only the tool of fate, the vessel through which your legacy will live on. His dark heart whispered to him, it words sibilant hissing in the depths of his mind. Anorak had not heard such sibilant hissing in quite some time. It was the voice that had kept him sane when all else had failed. It's dark promises let him endure the whip of his former masters. It's guidance had seen him rule an Empire.

Once more his thoughts were interrupted as yet another maid entered. Only he did not know who this ancient looking woman was, though by elven standards she was likely not that old. She carried a silver tray, upon which a tea cup sat. It's contents steaming slightly. Even from his place a few steps away he could smell the sweetness of honey and sugar, alongside something slightly bitter.

"Thought you might like some chamomile tea, my dear, I found some in the pantry"

He watched as Rowena thanked the hag and brought the cup up to her lips. Something had set off his warrior's sixth sense but what was it....The tea, why was it so heavily sweetened. Did Rowena prefer it that way or was it...

"Rowena no." Anorak yelled before drawing his scimitars and knocking the cup from her grasp with a flick of his wrist and lunge, though Rowena had already begun swallowing a first sip.

He watched the events happen before him as in slow motion. The princess's throat as it moved ever so slightly, that one sip of tea making it's way down. Her surprised expression as what he had just done registered. And the look in that hag's eyes, something dark and sinister lurked within there. Anorak seemed unable to move, it seemed these events were taking forever to happen. More then likely it was passing in the blink of an eye.

Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 am

From the moment the small sip of the poisoned tea slid down Rowena's throat, the world started to blur and her throat constrict. Air refused to enter her lungs as she struggled for breath, she could feel strong masculine arms cradling her protectively as cruel angry shrieks jeered at her fallen form.
The blur of shapes and colors soon faded into black and she felt like she was falling down and down into the darkness... was this was was dying felt like? She should have known that something was wrong when Annoura brought her tea with Anorak in the room, the old maid hated the very sight of the desert emperor.
Just when Rowena thought she was going to slam into the bottom of the black abyss, everything began to glow pale blue and shimmering arms caught her.
She opened her eyes to see the familiar face made of bright pale blue light “Great High Oracle?”
He smiled kindly upon the princess and set her gently upon her feet, which Rowena found odd being as their was no floor beneath her feet; yet she did not fall.

“Do not succumb to the poison so easily, Princess Rowena” The oracle replied, reaching out to touch her cheek as a father might “You are far too special to die like this”
“Because I am to have Anorak's baby” Rowena said, somewhat bitterly.
The oracle smiled and shook his head “No, my dear girl, you are Anorak's salvation and so much more than that as well. Through you, Anorak will learn the beauty and strength that comes from loving someone. It may seem bleak now, child, but you must have patience”
“I do not understand” Rowena replied, confused about what the oracle might mean in regard's to her being Anorak's salvation or how she would teach him love “Anorak does not believe in love”
“He will” the oracle replied with an affectionate chuckle “He is already falling in love with you, though the darkness he has used to survive for so long keeps him in shadows and denial. Give him time and you will see, let him sort through his feelings and reflect on what he truly wants”

Rowena nodded numbly “Great High Oracle, I am confused; how is it that you are here?”
“Your father sent me” The oracle replied with a warm smile “He's very proud of you”
“My father?” Rowena echoed, a little shocked.
The oracle nodded “Yes, child, your father. He asked me to save you and I shall serve your family till time comes crashing down; Now it is time for you to return, your future husband is worried about you”
Before Rowena could say anything more, everything became consumed in bright white light blinding the princess.

She heard Anorak's voice then calling her name and soon his face came into focus, it was clear now that she has regained consciousness and the poison was gone from her body.
“Anorak? What happened?” Rowena murmured softly, taking in his panicked expression “I... I thought was going to die... The Great High Oracle... he came and he... he saved me...”
“Annoura! Where is she?” Rowena exclaimed, sitting up as she remembered suddenly what had happened “She tried to poison me!”
Rowena could not understand why Annoura would tried to kill her, she had been Rowena's nursemaid and nanny after that; she'd been a second mother to Rowena. It broke her heart that the woman would want her dead, she had to know why; she NEEDED to know why.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 am

Time returned to normal with a suddenness that caught Anorak off guard, use to as he was the slow motion horror playing out before him. But the flow of time did nothing to ease the events before him. Finally free to act he dropped the scimitars he was still holding and rushed to Rowena's falling form. Catching her the elf laid the woman down gently, watching the light leave her eyes and her body grow still. What game was fate playing with him.

The sounds of jeering laughter from a toothless old mouth filled the room as Rowena lay dying in Anorak's arms. He jerked his head up to glare at the hag, his feral eyes alight with the anger born of a dark heart, flaming darkness was what lit his eyes. It was a sight few living beings could boast of seeing. But the blue flash of light that consumed the woman he held drew his attention.

"Rowena, Rowena." He shouted as the blue light dissolved leaving a empty void in it's wake.Something had taken his future wife from him. Standing up he glared once more at the old hag, his eyes alight with that dark fury that had kept him alive when the swords were bared and the arrows flew. His eyes were enough to unnerve most people in their color and shape alone. But the shadow filled anger that blazed in them now was enough to stop hearts from beating.

"What did you do to her." Anorak asked the hag in a lethally calm voice as he narrowed the gap between them.

The hag did not answer, shocked no doubt by both the blue light and the promise of retribution in the Emperor's eyes. Anorak seemed neither moved by her silence or her inaction.

"What did you do to her." Anorak asked once more in that lethally calm voice.

"Anorak what in the bloody hell....." A voice spoke before dying off.

It was Kaian and Majot who had heard him screaming Rowena's name and came running. But both of them despite bursting in Rowena's chamber seemed ill disposed to continue their reasons for being here. For neither of them had seen quite that level of fury in their commander's eyes before and they had been with him the longest. Kaian was indeed clutching his dragonbone staff with some worry and Majot frankly looked like he'd rather be somewhere else. All they noticed was a speechless hag and an elf intent on murder.

" Kaian, Majot so good of you to drop by. If you would be so kind please take this hag to the dungeons and see that she is taken care of. I want answers out of her so don't kill her but I am not opposed to screaming pain." Anorak said as if Kaian and Majot had not just broken down a door and now stood wary around his flashing eyes.

Kaian, made of slightly sterner stuff thanks to his necromancer training nodded his head and grabbed the old woman by the shoulder annd dragged her out of the room followed closely by Majot. Their footfalls soon died and Anorak sat down in the chair he had only so recently eaten breakfast with Rowena.

His thoughts whirled in a thousand different directions, Anger at the hag for taking what was his. Hate at the incomprehensibly games Fate was playing with him. And disgust at himself for not spotting the attempt earlier. Where had all his warrior's cunning gone, that instinct that had served him so well over the years. Anorak more then anything wondered what exactly had happened to Rowena. His dark heart and elven soul were at war over exactly what he felt for the former princess but they both agreed at the very least she was part of his life.

His dark heart viewed her as nothing more then a tool of fate.

His elven soul, well he wasn't sure what his elven soul's viewpoint was in all this. He had not listened to that weak mewling thing in quite some time. It had cried when the whips were brought against his flesh, it had suffered anguish when the horrors of battle were shown to him.

But he could not deny the war both were fighting inside him. Anorak did not know which he truly wanted to win. He owed his dark heart everything, including his very life. It was the cunning and instinct that had let him flourish under the whips and beatings. It made him strong, strong enough to defeat fate itself and free himself from the collar. It had given him an Empire and Rowena to boot. His elven soul had done nothing for him but make him remember pain, anguish, and suffering. It had brought the madness that nearly claimed his sanity.

And then there was their agreement on Rowena. His dark heart and elven soul wanted Rowena. For Rowena appealed to both dark heart's carnal desire and wish to live up to his oath. His elven soul was the only unknown.

" Rowena, Rowena, where in the name of Mithra are you Rowena." He called with all the confused emotions racing in his dark heart and elven soul . Even the sibilant hissing of his shadow strewn mind mourned Rowena's loss in it's own way.

A blue light suffused the area once more and brought back with Rowena. A living, breathing Rowena who apart from some confusion seemed perfectly fine. Rushing over to where she lay on the room's bed. Leaning over he looked at her face, tracing every feature of it with his eyes.

Then to his relief she asked about Annoura, apparently the maid with the deadly tea. It meant she was no dream conjured vision but a living breathing Rowena. He lightly caressed that deep red hair of hers as he answered in the cold imperious tone of an Emperor and conqueror.

"She is in the dungeons right now, being looked after by Kaian. Don't worry about her, necromancers are very good at making people tell the truth. He'll make her talk then make her corpse dance for your amusement should you care. "
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 pm

"She is in the dungeons right now, being looked after by Kaian. Don't worry about her, necromancers are very good at making people tell the truth. He'll make her talk then make her corpse dance for your amusement should you care. "

Rowena looked to her future husband's face with it's mixture of concern for her and rage for Annoura's attempt at murdering her, maybe he did care about her like the oracle said “I just do not understand why she would try to kill me, Annoura helped raise me”
She clutched her hands together to keep them from shaking in her grief, she had hoped to count on Annoura when she gave birth to her and Anorak's baby; Now Rowena wouldn't let that woman within even five feet of her infant.
“I do not wish to watch Annoura do anything” Rowena murmured “She has broken my heart and betrayed my entire family with her act of attempted murder. I will leave her to your men and whatever punishments you see fit to inflict”

Normally Rowena did not like discussing prisoners and dungeons, but this woman that Rowena had known since her birth and thought loved her had just tried to end her life; Indirectly her child's as well.
It hit Rowena then why Annoura had tried to murder her “I understand it now, Annoura felt I had betrayed my entire kingdom by agreeing to marry you and she sought to prevent any children from being born between us; So she tried to kill me, that has to be it”
She returned her gaze to Anorak's face “After nearly losing the chance to hold my son in my arms, I truly wish more than ever now to be able to look upon his sweet face and give him his mother's love. Destiny no longer makes me wish for this baby, instead my heart longs for him”
It felt strange but natural all at the same time to want this baby with Anorak, perhaps their son would be the thing that would bring them together truly and completely; only time would tell now and Rowena knew this.

Rowena lifted herself up onto her knees and pressed herself against the standing from of Anorak, their face aligned and their lips not even centimeters apart “I can also understand now that everything that has occurred in our lives up until now has been building up for this moment, that we were always meant to be together. I am yours, Anorak, as sure as my virgin blood stained our bed sheets; I am completely yours, no other hands shall ever touch this body of mine”
The look of possessiveness that touched Anorak's eyes as she did and said all of this was quite thrilling, he truly did want and desire her; someday soon he might even be able to openly love her.
“Did you like it?” Rowena purred against his lips, allowing herself to be slightly braver with her betrothed “Did you like the feeling of claiming my virginity and knowing you were the only man whom had ever touched me and ever would? Was it thrilling to know that?”

Rowena did not know where this burst of courage came from, but she fully intended to use it; especially after her close brush with death. She was not going to lose out on a single moment in her life and Anorak now was a very huge part of her life
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Anorak, elven warlord, swordsman unrivaled, and Emperor of a thousand kingdoms was somewhat thrown off guard by his future wife's words For the words Rowena uttered were somewhat both contrary to the nature he'd pegged her as having.

Not four days ago she had sworn undying hatred of him, clutching the corpse of her lover. She had traded the power of the orb, a mystical item that granted it's user with the gift of one answer no matter what the question had been. All this after doing her utmost to keep it out of his hands. Now Rowena stood giving him leave to do what he would with this Annoura. A one time loyal servant of her family it seemed. Although this former loyal servant had indeed tried to kill Rowena the elf simply could not understand this sudden change of attitude, coming as it did so quickly.

Humans, changeable as the autumn wind. So quick to shine and even quicker to darken and rain. His dark heart hissed in the recesses of his equally ebony colored thoughts.

But for once his dark heart held no sway, though he did not disagree with it. Anorak was still an elf after all and a fairly young one at that. He grew up hard and fast amongst humans it is true but somethings about him were undeniably elven. Such as his perception of time, to him four days ago seemed little more then a few moments past. And somewhere in those four days Rowena had come to actually care for the elven conqueror. For the wanton abandonment with which she threw herself against Anorak proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that his shadow colored lusts met it's match in her , could it be love.

Then there was the claim of wanting their child not merely to fulfill their part in fate but as a mother looking forward to joys of parenthood. Anorak himself did not know how he truly felt about the actual concept of being a father. He was willing to carry the burden of fate thrust upon him but the actual thought of a child itself...was frankly somewhat of a distant concern. He knew he would have to shape the unborn son into the paragon of virtue that would unite the world, his empire, in peace and joy. The trouble with that was Anorak knew nothing of how one exactly went about being the paladin in shining armor. But he knew extensively how one harnessed darkness to achieve their desires and goals. He knew how to commit lesser evils for greater goods.

“ I will not lie, taking you held a appeal all it's own.” Anorak replied answering Rowena's softly spoken question as she all but kissed him. “ Claiming you was a joy that will likely never be equaled, let alone surpassed.”

It was true, both his dark heart and elven soul had rejoice as Rowena's virginity became his to claim .The memory of it was of course still very fresh,especially for an elf like Anorak. And acting on nothing but pure desire he brought his lips against hers, kissing deeply and passionately before gently disengaging from the pleasures of her scent and touch. He then gazed upon the woman that was wholly his, in both mind and body

“Come Rowena, our Empire awaits us.”
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:25 am

“Come Rowena, our Empire awaits us.”

She knew she was supposed to hate him and that he was supposed to be her enemy, but Rowena was not fool and she could not ignore the hot flames that fanned between them every time they got close to each other; There was no way Rowena could turn her back any longer on how every where he touched with those fingertips left a white hot trail of fever and desire.
Rowena had to wonder if this was what falling in love felt like and if so, it was true what everyone said about love; Love had a way of finding you when you least expect and with whom you least expected to find it with.

She smiled and placed her hand in his when he offered it to her, allowing him to pull her gently from the bed.
Rowena dressed in a mint green empire waisted gown with an emerald green bodice and emerald green leaves embroidered along the edge of the wrist length sleeves and the edge of the toe length skirt. Along the low neckline, not only the emerald green leaves but also small red roses were embroidered. It was by far one of Rowena's favorite choices in apparel, the gown reminded her of spring; A season she loved so very much.

Once she was properly dressed, Rowena returned to her waiting betrothed to attend the duties of their vast empire, she never dreamed before all of this that she would be engaged to marry such a powerful emperor and rule many kingdoms alongside him; especially not in the way she ended up betrothed to him.
"I am ready now... husband" Rowena said to him, trying the word out on her tongue aloud and finding it quite thrilling to say, especially in regards to a handsome and virile man like Anorak. She had to behave herself though for now or else Anorak just may toss her back into bed and they would be late for whatever they had to do today; that certainly wouldn't please the populace.
"What shall we be doing this day?" Rowena asked him, lace an arm through one of his to walk with him as he opened the door "I assume we have duties awaiting us outside our chambers"

Royal duties were just the ticket for this newly deflowered princess to get all of these wanton desires out of her head for awhile, a clear head was one thing she definitely need when dealing with a betrothed like Anorak.
Though she knew quite a bit of tupping was going to be happening between them, not only because they wanted to conceive their son but Anorak agreed to Rowena's request in regards to no more concubines; which meant every time he felt the urge, Rowena would find herself over his shoulder and taken to their chambers, not that she was complaining.

It might even be kind of thrilling and fun to be so passionately desired and wanted like that, Anorak definitely seemed like a truly virile man with masculine urges and it helped that he seemed to feel something for her other than the mindless drive to hump something.
Now if she could calm her people and help them to integrate into society, they might all have a chance at finding a silver lining in all this; Rowena wanted that for her people as well as for herself.
Rowena wanted a safe and warm surrounding environment for her son to grow and play in, she wanted her child to know the joys of being a child; the things her husband to be was denied, she did not doubt that Anorak too wanted these things for their son.

"I think maybe" Rowena said as she walked leisurely down the halls "That a royal wedding just might help quite a bit in lifting the spirits of our people, perhaps it will be a good chance to show them that there is more than a small possibility for us all to find at least some small bit of happiness in all of this"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Anorak as was his custom carefully considered the paths ahead of, them, it was a term he was still getting used to. This concept that someone stood at his side as both his wife and political equal. He would not lie to her though and himself. Her position in his dark heart was equal to the brothers and sisters he freed from slavery, perhaps even slightly lower then those reminders of his past in their black and gold plate. For it was hard for his warrior half to place on a pedestal those he had not shed blood beside and suffered the chafing of the collar.

He would also not lie though that she was nothing more then a woman he felt desire for. Rowena was slightly more then that, though the word love had not enter the equation. Elves thought long and hard on the subject, for love amongst them was truly eternal, living as they did ageless through the flow of time. Rowena was no elf but she was also no temporary infatuation. Through his seed and her womb would be born the son that would unite the world in the peace and order Anorak as a former slave did truly desire.Even if his dark heart was the source of his strength it desired what Anorak wanted. For it was a reflection of him, cast in shadows, but a reflection nonetheless.

He would also not lie the thought of having Rowena whenever he so should desire was intoxicating in it's own way. Anorak's elven soul rejoiced in the story Rowena's thoughts and emotions told whenever his hand touch her body. His emphatic abilities connected him deeper to the woman then she would probably ever realize. So it was only with the great patience of his elven blood that Anorak, ruler of an Empire vast restrained himself as his future Empress went off to dress herself.

To put his thoughts in order the elf went to gaze at himself in the mirror of the room's vanity. His feral eyes in their yellow and red shade gleamed once more,as did the slave mark tattooed upon his forehead. He ran the fingers of his right hand over it, remembering when the mark was put upon his forehead. The ink they used was derived from basilisk venom,crushed golden lotus,and the blood of an innocent child. It had burned like liquid fire as it was applied and glowed brightly. It to this day still glowed brightly, a golden Harpy wielding her whip and manacles.

We are no longer slaves Anorak, but this mark will always be here. A reminder of the strength and power those fools so unwisely invested in you. It is the mark of glory no longer slavery and shame. His dark heart whispered once more in the recesses of his mind.

" I am an Emperor now, they are in the bellies of beasts." Anorak echoed his dark heart agreeing with the words it spoke.

His thoughts such as they were suffered a disruption as Rowena return, clad in a green gown of lavish design. It's colors brought memories of spring underneath the forests to his mind. A image of pure elvish nonsense conjured up by the elven soul he still did not listen to entirely. Still the scent of blossoms and new leaves hung in the memories of his senses.

Rowena laced her arms around Anorak's and they walked out the door with her asking question of duties lay in store for them. The elf as was his wont at all times considered the question, duties they were aplenty for them both. The least of which the announcement of their engagement. He would have to make sure the guard was tripled to prevent anything untoward happening, Anorak emperor that he was could sense the discontent in the air. Rowena's people had not come to the terms their former princess had with his presence in their lives.

" I suppose an announcement is in order Rowena, but such matters must be handled delicately. I am still little loved by your people but this is not my first conquest by any means. There are tricks aplenty to settle a crowd. Thankfully this isn't the kingdom of Horus." Anorak answered his future empress with a tone neither imperious nor meek. He was actually trying to keep his mind off the scent and touch of Rowena, perhaps she had forgotten about the fact her touch upon him triggered his latent empathic abilities. And he was having enough trouble controlling himself as it were. Which he found odd in of itself for the lusts of elven kind were not the smoldering fires of humanity. They burned passionately for a time like a quick burning candle but as the brightest candle burned the fastest so did elven lust.

Then again Rowena was a cut above his usual lovers and concubines. Even in her inexperience or perhaps because of it the woman felt warm to his touch, as if eager for the fact she would be the sole output for his desires and wants. And maybe that was the reason for the somewhat pressing discomfort he felt.

Kaian however proved a welcome distraction, a reminder of the fact he still had an empire to rule and world to unite for his unborn son. His black and gold armor plated necromancer robes bore fresh blood stains and stank of camphor and the ingredients he kept in the pouches of his mage's belt. He clutched his dragonbone staff as a warrior of the far east held their Bo staff.

" Anorak,she talked. Sung like a bird at the first touch of pain, pathetic. I expected more of even a aged human." The High Elf Mage spoke in that haughty and hollow echoed voice of his. " Confessed to it all, attempting to poison Rowena." If he was surprised by the sight of Rowena standing and walking as if nothing happened he did not show it. Necromancers did not bother with trivial details, she was alive. Not all mysteries are miracles and Kaian had seen far more things in his thousand years then a miraculous recovery from near death. One might find it odd a thousand year old elf would serve a thirty-eight year old elf. But Kaian for all his vaunted power did not have the strength to deny his fate, only Anorak had the force of will for that.

" What shall be done with her now Anorak?"

" Kill her and use the corpse how you see fit Kaian. Perhaps turn it into a wright and set it to guard the treasury." Anorak answered in that cold steel tone voice he used when giving orders.

" It shall be done Anorak, I wish you and Lady Rowena a harmonious marriage." Kaian said with a slight bow before strolling off on those tall and long legs all High elves are gifted with.

" Well that is out of the way, perhaps we should gather the people?"
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm

It was with a heavy heart that Rowena watched Kaian stroll away with Annoura's fate, but the woman had just tried to murder the last of family line she swore loyalty to and that was to be punished by death. Justice could not always be pretty and Rowena knew that.
When her future husband turned to her after sending off Kaian, he asked her if they should gather their people. She nodded, perhaps seeing the people she loved most would help to ease the aches of her heart and give her new hopes for the future.
"Yes" Rowena replied "I do believe it is time we gathered them and formally announced our intent to wed. It will sooth them I believe, who doesn't love a wedding and celebrations?"

So it was done, a herald was sent out to notify the people that they were needed in the courtyard for a very special announcement from their princess.
Rowena knew the people would come with no suicidal intentions of rebellion if it was she whom requested their presence, Annoura's betrayel did not worry her; the maid was quite old and her mind was fading with each passing day.
She knew this would be a shock for the people that their princess was to become the wife of their conqueror, but if she assured them that all would be well; they would believe her and put their confidence in her as they had so many rulers before her.

The people seemed nervous when Rowena and Anorak entered the courtyard terrace surrounded by their protective bodyguards, but they seemed to calm when Rowena raised a hand gently and stepped forward "Be still my people, in this tragedy shall rise a new hope. I have give my hand in marriage to Emperor Anorak and together we hope to give you all the happiness you deserve, may the bloodshed cease and our hope return. It was the high oracle's prediction that Anorak and I would be the key to bringing prosperity to the land, through our son you will find utopia"
Everyone seemed quiet after Rowena finished speaking, they looked upon her with renewed awe and admired her strength after all that had happened.

Rowena stepped back to where she had been standing before beside her betrothed and gave him a small smile, she hoped that she meant something to him and that together they could lead their people in peace.
Contented, the people soon returned to their jobs and tasks of the home; entrusting their futures into the hands of their beloved princess whom would soon become their empress.
Turning to Anorak, Rowena murmured to him "Did I do well? I think they certainly looked relieved and contented. The rebellions will stop now I think"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Anorak upon hearing his future wife's agreement with gathering the people together in the city square sent several heralds to speed word of their command...Their command, the thought of having to think of another as being joined to his authority was somewhat a novel yet disconcerting idea. He placed his elite core upon the same level he placed himself but they always looked to him for guidance, his orders were the words they lived by. Truth be told the elven child had grown accustomed to the power one wielded as Emperor.

But such thoughts served no purpose and so he abandoned them. Instead he sent for a guard detail,composed wholly of his own elite core. For Anorak did not share Rowena's faith in her people. Nothing ever truly was forgotten let alone forgiven and it had been such a short period of time ago that these same people lived free and proud. Now they would watch as their beloved princess was married to the one person they hated above all else. The poisoning of his bride was only the first of a long series of covert rebellion Anorak feared. He had seen time and time again, and he himself was a rebel not so long ago. He knew what it was like to feel chains around one's soul.

Still he was both Emperor and the tool of fate here. If his son needed an empire stretching across the world so be it. Anorak knew how to unite through blood and steel, his son would unite through peace and joy once his corpse was made reality.

There was never enough time for his thoughts to be organized it seemed these days. His elven mind did not see the point of the hurry and bustle humans lived with. For it seemed he had barely sent for both the heralds and the guards then they were here and it was time to address the masses waiting for them. So they marched with his elite core in their black and gold plate. Lances and shields held proudly and their heads covered in the full face helmets these former slave soldiers seemed less men then living weapons of war.

Following his future wife outside to the square Anorak motioned for his elite core to form a shield wall in front of them. And it was done, with the utmost precision and speed, they formed a line in front of them and behind them. Their shield held front and center with lances held in the approved way over their shields. The stood in silence and motionless waiting for further orders, such was the discipline with which they had been trained in. The people looked at these men and women in their black and gold plate, their identities hidden behind helmet and shields, with clear worry.

The nerves of the crowd was only made worse when more of Anorak's elite core filed in behind and beside them, effectively sealing off the square. Rowena lifted her hand upon seeing their nervousness and spoke of what had happened. The elven conqueror did not say a word throughout the proceedings, he knew his voice would not do naught but harm.

When all was said and done the people seemed less anger filled and more relaxed. Anorak motioned for his elite core to allow the people to file out of the square. Saluting him they did just that, creating gaps in their shield walls which the people streamed through back to their daily tasks.

" It seems to have been done well, at least there was no stupid attempts at rebellion. But I would not hold my breath on all of them being mollified that easy." Anorak replied to Rowena's question of how she had done. He also did not miss the look in her eyes. She clearly desired his approval and wanted to mean something more to him then being a mere part of his fate. The elf did not truly know how he still felt about the woman, his elven mind needed far more time to come to a decision regarding that . But the elf knew the he could not give her what she wanted and it was time to tell her.

" Rowena my fate is that of a warrior. I can not lead in peace for that is neither my nature nor my fate. I have to unite the world for my son before he can teach it peace and joy. I will live and die swords in hand, you know this. You heard the Oracle's words. There will be many battles ahead, you must accept that. There will be no peace in your lifetime nor even mine, however long it may be." Anorak said coldly and harshly, it was time to stop dancing around the issue. Time to stop beguiling her heart and leading her with false hopes." I must say though I always wondered why every time I break the chains fate has on me new ones are forged."
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:04 pm

" I must say though I always wondered why every time I break the chains fate has on me new ones are forged."

It was true that the words of her future husband hurt deeply, but she understood why they left his lips; a life of shielding ones heart from the entire world was a habit hard to break.
The sort of life Anorak had lived up till now was horrible and she couldn't imagine the lengths he had gone to in order to survive.
The things told her by the oracle were now starting to seem like a beautiful fading dream and harsh cold reality was hitting her in the face.
Rowna nodded gently and gave him a soft sad smile as she lifted one soft silken hand to touch and gently caress his cheek “I understand”

That was all Rowena said before she turned and gracefully made her way back inside and throughout the winding corridors to the library to seek some quiet solitude, a place where no one could see her breaking heart or the tears that ached to fall.
All she had now to comfort her was her dreams, in her waking moments however all she had was the cold bitter embrace of Anorak, the man to whom she would be chained to for the rest of her days until the day she died; Only then would Anorak have no choice but to let her go.

For now until that day came, Rowena would simply have to survive for the sake of her unborn son and give him all the motherly love every child needed; She would at least be able to give and receive love from her little son.

As she entered the library, Rowena chose a wine colored brocade settee to sit upon with a book of poetry her mother used to read to her as a child.
Reading the whimsical pieces of words speaking of love and warmth, Rowena wondered what her future would have been like if she had never met Anorak; Would she know anything other than the ice cold that was to be her husband?
Would the touch of hands upon her skin be warm and sweet instead of biting icy cold?
“This is to be my fate now and I must accept it now before my heart breaks any more than it has” Rowena murmured softly to herself, closing the book and setting it on her lap “Nothing is ever going to change and I will never know a mans love. I am alone and I shall always remain alone...”

Leaning back on the settee, Rowena closed her eyes and allowed the exhaustion coursing through her to lull her into a gentle sleep and she began to dream.

"Momma! Momma! Look at all the snails! Theres gotta be more than a million of em!" exclaimed a small boy, hair the color of sunset and eyes just like a certain elf... "Papa said I could put some in a tank and keep them as pets... what do snails eat, momma?"
Rowena saw a slightly older version of herself kneel down beside the boy, gazing into the creek where all the snails sat "Well, my sweet, these are fresh water snails; my guess is that they would eat algae. I bet if you got some fish in that tank, your snails would have plenty algae to eat"
"Fish too!" the boy exclaimed gleefully as he punched his small fist into the air "Oh boy! Pretty ones momma, like the ones papa tells me about?"
The older Rowena laughed and smiled "You will have to ask your papa about that, my love"

Before Rowena could watch any more of the scene before her, she felt her body shaken and startled awake; staring at her was her maid Merlisara "My lady, you feel asleep in the library; should I help you to your chambers if you are tired?"
Rowena nodded and allowed the young woman to help her up and guide her out of the library, her beautiful dream still fresh in her mind.

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Anorak felt the touch of her gentle caress upon his cheek like a bittersweet pain, his elven soul rebelling at the dark heart's words. He watched in utter silence Rowena made her way in to the palace with all the grace that lit such desire in him he questioned his elven blood. No doubt the former princess was feeling rather downtrodden, she clearly wanted the little happiness left to her. Wanted his love and approval. But the tenderness of a love and the gentleness of a husband was simply not within him to give.

He was Anorak, Emperor of a thousand kingdoms and warrior bound by fate. He accepted that fate as unavoidable but he would not bow to the whimsical desires of a human woman. His knees had never learned to kneel despite all the beating he had endured as a slave.

" Women so melodramatic, it's pathetic really." Majot said from his position to the right of the elf of feral eyes.

"What else do you expect of such a foolish creature. Even for a human and woman she is so fragile and weak hearted." Kaian added strolling from within the Palace, his work done.

Anorak agreed with them for such weakness would not have survived long the whips and cruelty of their shared past." I am only a child by elven standards Kaian but she is but a mere infant. The first blows and her spirit dies like the rabbit caught in the snare."

His dark heart was firmly in charge now, that mewling elven soul of his back in it's cage. Anorak was an Emperor, bound by fate, but an Emperor still. There was no place for such weakness of mind,body,and spirit in the ruling of an Empire. How in the name of Mithra did she expect this would end. Did Rowena really think a few days enough to change the very nature of an elf. Even other humans would have scoffed at such notions let alone the immortal elves whom he shared the dusty and long centuries with.

With that in mind Anorak strolled into his newest palace with all the swagger of the conquering hero,lacking only a golden laurel around his head. The swords at his hips swaying with each swaggering step, the bloodstains upon their worn raw silk hilt wrappings a mute testimony to his power. To Rowena's chambers he strolled for they were now his as she was.

Finding the room empty Anorak strode towards the balcony overlooking the city itself, at the newest province to be added to his Empire. The people in their multitude going about the business of living with the rushing to and fro that only the short lived humans could muster.

" Such busy little bees they are, never time to truly wonder at the purpose of life. Only caring about what they want and never the bigger picture." Anorak spoke to himself with disgust clear in his voice. " I want to be loved, I want to feel important. Such pathetic weakness, there is a whole world out there. And it is more important then any single person could ever hope to be. If some have to suffer it is to build an army, if a few have to be sacrificed it is to defend a nation. Why can't Rowena see that. She is just like them only thinking of herself. I want to be loved, I want to feel important." Anorak finished his soliloquy with a something of a sigh, for despite his dark heart he did truly care for the world.

Honor and all that other garbage did nothing to dull the suffering of the world. Sometimes to save the body a diseased foot had to be cut off. And such was the reasoning behind his conquests. When there was no power but a single ruler there would be no war, for all those that would fight would also die quickly. Peace and Order would flourish. " For it is peace and order that are most important not temporary joy bought by selling our futures. If I must bear the title of tyrant and cold hearted then so be it. They will curse my name even as they enjoy the peace and order my bloodshed has brought them. And I will laugh at them from my place amongst the damned." Anorak added with an impassioned voice, speaking to the city at large from his lofty perch atop the balcony were only the birds heard him.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2