FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FOG Watch!

4 posters

Go down

What genre of RP would you most like to see in the near future? (More options will come as my brain de-stagnates.)

The FOG Watch! Votele1018%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 18% 
[ 3 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele100%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 0% 
[ 0 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele1012%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 12% 
[ 2 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele1024%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 24% 
[ 4 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele106%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 6% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele1018%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 18% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
The FOG Watch! Votele1012%The FOG Watch! Voteri10 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

The FOG Watch! Empty The FOG Watch!

Post by Chainlinc3 Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm

So, I just figured it would be helpful to people brainstorming thread ideas to have a regularly updated reference on what people want. All I ask is this, answer the poll above. Then, if you marked Other, say what your Other is. Finally, if you have suggestions on other options to include in the poll, say so-- I'd try to do one of these monthly (Or reset the poll monthly? Is that possible?) so that the opinions stay fresh and I can slip in new poll options.

For those of you who don't really see the point of this, my idea is rather simple. People generally don't like coming up with a thread idea only to have no interest in it. This thread would be a sort of pre-interest check-- someone who's thinking of making a thread could come in here and take a look at the poll and say, "Hey, it looks like people really want a good scifi RP, but they're relatively burnt out on high fantasy." Then they go out and make a good scifi thread, and everyone's happy.

In other words, if you let your opinions be heard, democracy says we'll end up with the highest number of happy RPers. So get voting!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

The FOG Watch! Empty Re: The FOG Watch!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 pm

I chose "Other" because I'm still looking for a good horror/thriller. It could fit and work within any of the other settings/genres you have listed above and isn't restricted to just one of them - for example, it could be a supernatural thing in a fantasy or scifi setting(aliens or some sort of demon possession/evil comes to mind) or it could be as simple as a realistic serial killer in a modern setting.

I've always been attracted to the thrilling/scary stories and in fact when I first signed up for FOG I was completely misled by the name and look of the site - I expected the RPs here to have more of a horror slant. Although I got what I wanted as far as great quality in partners, I never had my horror fix satisfied. So, it's still the number one thing I want to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 am

Well, Modern is the best, I say.

It is what I choose and I don't see enough of them on FoG! I guess I am just going to have to give myself a swift kick to actually make one.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 pm

This is actually a hard choice for me to make... but I'd say high fantasy. It's always been my weakness when it comes to books and writing, but I'd like to see more modern rps that have some kind of unnatural twist to them

Harper
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:11 pm

... I'm gonna bump this in hopes of getting some more votes going. >.>
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I voted for Romance. My favorite genre is fantasy, but I didn't vote for that one because we already have so much fantasy flying around here on the site. When I wrote fanfiction, I always included an element of romance - I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and it always makes for great character interaction and development. I would probably go for it in a one-on-one context, but I could also see it working as a group role-play.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Heh... I've actually been trying to figure out a way to work a group romance RP. I mean, any RP can have romantic elements, but setting up an RP with the explicit purpose of it revolving around relationships is rather difficult. Er... It seems that way in my head at lest. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down