FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up and Coming Movie News

Go down

Up and Coming Movie News Empty Up and Coming Movie News

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

To keep the Movie Review thread from becoming too cluttered with Movie news, I decided to make this nice little thread for all the exciting news of the up and coming news. And thanks to SDCC we start off with a bang.

That's right, motha fucking Thor. Son of Odin. Marvel came out and truly pulled out all the stops, with previews or at the very least teasers for their up and coming movies. Including this....

That's right, the Avengers. It's real and it's coming 2012.

Marvel really did it's best to show up DC in every area at Comic Con, going so far as to bring a clip from the Captain America movie to show the audience. (It had only been filming for a week at that time.)

DC had tons of TV and and comic news but this is for movies god damn it. And in that respect. They fell WAY short of the Marvel onslaught. How short? Let me put it this way, few clips, very little news, and nothing at all I can show you here. For shame DC.

In other awesome awesome movie news from the Comic con. World War Z is a go, for release in 2012. Tron Legacy looks to be one of the best pictures of the year.

Pirates of the Caribbean next movie was also premiered with a teaser trailer with everyone's favorite pirate Captain Jack Sparrow. Has the Pirate movies run their course? Only time will tell.

One of the most surprising news was that Guillermo del Toro will be directing a remake of the movie Haunted Mansion. (Disney assures us it is not because the original sucked balls.) Wait GDT? Doesn't this guy have enough on his plate? He is slated to be working on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, At the Mountains of Madness, Frankenstein, Dr Jekyll Mr. Hyde, and of course Hellboy 3. Not to mention finally getting involved in creating a video game. When does the man sleep? Maybe he doesn't...maybe he's *gasp* the worlds first zombie director.

*Clears throat* Moving on....

The biggest surprise to many was just how awesome a little film called Cowboys and Aliens looks. But then again why was this so shocking, you have Jon Favreau (of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 awesome fame.) is directing. Along with Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde, Sam Rockwell this move has no where to go but up. I'm looking forward to it.

That's all I can stand to type for now. But I'm sure another post will be up soon by myself or some other with news of up coming movies. So discuss, give your opinion. And of course if more news comes over the wire by all means post it's exciting contents.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down