FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MF - June, 2010

+5
Lumeus
Bird of Hermes
Kathryn Lacey
Silvan Arrow
Weiss
9 posters

Go down

MF - June, 2010 Empty MF - June, 2010

Post by Weiss Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Looks like I found time to squeeze in the features before it was too late! Sorry for the delay, everyone. Here are your June, 2010 Monthly Features hot from the presses!

Art & Design
Lumeus – Illuminated Works

Wow! When I first took a look at this thread, that was all I could manage to say in response to the copious quantity of awesome that assailed my unprepared mind and delighted my artistic sensibilities. Lumeus’ work is certainly a sight to behold, boasting incredible detail and exquisite technique shoved into clean and highly attractive line-art that left me dazzled and envious!

There’s little more I can say, except that every person who reads these features should certainly check out Lumeus’ art thread! It’s definitely worth the trip.

Writing & Journalism
Silvone Elestahr – Poem as intro…

An amazingly detailed and gripping piece of poetry. Though written in an alternative style, the narrative quality of this poem rivals that of the most intricate prose. Line to line, this work of art reads like the preface to a novel, inviting the reader to an alternate world where a battle rages between conflicting armies of dwarves and orcs, struggling for supremacy and seeking victory and the spoils of war.

I won’t give away more, since it would be a shame if the poem was neglected due to my summary (which couldn’t possibly do it justice). I’ll just say that Silvone has gifted the users of FOG with a beautifully crafted poem that is entertaining, alluring and imaginative without exceeding a stringent character limit. If you want something short, sweet and amazing, definitely take a look into his thread.

Roleplaying
Letters from Corvine

An interesting roleplay based in the modern day around a psychological institution where players take the reins as either a patient or an attendant, faced with the rigors of life in the loony-bin that has its own warped history seeping through the cracks. Casted with a host of very talented writers, this roleplay promises to be a memorable adventure into the depths of the human psyche.

Member of the Month
Miss Dagger

It seems like such a short while ago that Miss Dagger stepped into the IRC chat room and caught my attention with her cute, quirky nature that you can’t help but love! From day one, she’s been an active and interesting part of our community, greeting members, actively participating in the chat and discussions and fueling the overall day-to-day of our community by being the little ball of energy that she is!

So, for all of her contributions to the Footsteps of Ghosts community, Miss Dagger has more than earned her place as the June, 2010 Member of the Month! Congratulations, you adorable little Swede!

Note: Due to its lack of popularity, the Sound Bytes Monthly Feature has been removed from the line-up effective this month. However, I would like to give a round of recognition to those who contributed to the thread thus far for their courage in presenting the FOG community with many delightful audio clips!

Congratulations to all of our monthly winners! You’ve all earned your place in the Monthly Features by inspiring the rest of us to excel in every aspect of our daily dealings amongst the FOG.

Last edited by Weiss on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

MF - June, 2010 Empty Re: MF - June, 2010

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Congratulations, everyone! Now I really want to check out Lumeus' artwork... And yay for Miss Dagger! You definitely deserve the honor, hun! Now go forth and name those ghosties!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Congratulations everyone! You've all done well!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Congratulations!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 pm

I've thought for a few hours now how I should name the ghosties, and I've decided to name them after people and things/concepts that have a great influence on me. From left to right, with a little explanation.

Tamora - After Tamora Pierce, my favorite author. That is not all though. When I was 12 I didn't like reading, I read slowly (which I still do) and I thought it was boring. That's when I took up the Swedish translation of Alanna - The First Adventure. I fell in love with books, fantasy and the main character Alanna.

Rinaya - Named after a character I created when I was 13-14. She's still with me, and I can definitely see some similarities between her and Alanna. Rinaya is the character that I want to find a story for and that fuels my need to write and RP. Her influence is a little special considering she's actually only a character I've made myself, but she still pushes me to write.

Magnus - Named after my dad. He's thought me a lot of things: sarcasm...heh yes, he thought me sarcasm, but that's not the most important thing. He has taught me to be independent. By that I mean that he's taught me that ultimately you can only rely on yourself. If you need to know something, get the information yourself, don't always rely on others. But if I've had trouble, he's helped. Otherwise I've learned to take care of myself.

Sigun - Named after my stepmother. She's given me confidence in myself and that you are only true to yourself if you do as you believe. The confidence part comes from her saying several times that whatever situation I get thrown in I can always get out. So whatever happens I'll always survive so to say.

Discipline - Heh, this one seems strange, ne? Well, I'm teaching myself to be more disciplined, and what influences me to continue is my own failures at discipline. I so hate when I'm not disciplined nowadays it actually strengthens my will to get more discipline and less lazy.

So there you have it: Tamora, Rinaya, Magnus, Sigun and Discipline. My crew.

Thank you so much. I never would have believed I'd be the member of the month. :3 I'll make sure to continue doing as I have been, since you seem to like it. Thank you, thank you. *Bows*

EDIT:: Lol, egocentric or what? I, of course, congratulate everyone else to their mentions in MF too! Now I'm flustered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:37 am

Wow, just found this thread, and was not expecting to see my name listed anywhere on it, but thank you very much for the honor, and congratulations to all the other winners!
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Your parents' names are Magnus and Sigun?? Shocked That's EPIC! Muhaha

CONGRATULATIONS all winners! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Huzzah! Nay, a thousand huzzahs! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Lumeus, Silvone, everyone in Letters from Corvine, and Miss Dagger for the win! Good work! Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 am

Kalon - Why is that so epic? Is there a reference I don't know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Congrats everyone! Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:54 pm

It's just because the names sound cool, as if they're out of a fantasy story as opposed to real life. Maybe it's just because they're foreign to me, but still. xD
Also, Magnus means "great" in Latin. Cool
And Sigun reminds me of Sigrún, who I think was a Valkyrie in Norse legend. ^^

So yeah. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:40 am

Heh.
Magnus is a common Swedish name. But it is kinda cool, you're right.
Sigun is an Icelandic name. Meaning it's very old, and yes, it actually is as old as Norse mythology, although the name have changed a little. Sigun is not a common name in Sweden at least, wouldn't know about Iceland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Ahh! Iceland is cool. ^^
You know, I can just see "Magnus and Sigun" as some awesome warrior couple in a fantasy story. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 am

Eeeehhh... Well I guess it could work. ^^
Only...neither of my parents are athletic, so my vision/s of people with the name of Magnus and Sigun...they aren't very fit. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Wow! I never expected anyone to care for that little poem thing...although I must admit that Ryona had a large part in writing it. Whhile I wrote the original story, she helped me manipulate it into its current form.

I also loved Lumeus' artwork. Lumeus certainly has great skill when it comes to drawing!

Congrats Miss Dagger on Member of the Month! And I like the names you chose for your ghosties Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Thank you, Silvone! I put some thought into it. It's always good with a little introspection. With emphasis on "a little".

I read your poem, it was...how do you describe it? It was very, very good. You could really see what was happening, and it was epic. Epic is always good. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Congratulations to everyone! It was all well earned recognition.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down